PDA

View Full Version : He Loves Me. He Loves Me Not. (PG)

Tandy
7th March 2003, 07:38
HE LOVES ME. HE LOVES ME NOT

Author: Tandy Bloom
Disclaimer: Hmm…let me think. No, I don’t own Smallville.
Rating: PG
A/N: Hi, um, kind of nervous since it’s my first attempt with a fanfiction (well, the first one I’ve ever posted). Any constructive criticism is welcomed. Um, I think might need a beta, I’ve seen people mention it in ff.net and here. I would love to have one, so if anyone likes my story and is interested in being my beta please let me know. Thanks!

HE LOVES ME

A tranquil smile graced her features. She caressed the half-plucked daisy tenderly, bringing it close to her face to capture its scent. Chloe Sullivan made a charming picture while sitting on the soft earth in her garden with a dreamy smile on her face, a daisy by her cheek and her hair been blown softly by the wind.

Chloe wished with all her heart for it to be true, for him to love her. She’d said it countless of times to him; his only response had always being a brief softening in his eyes. He had never said that he loved her, ever, not even the first time that they had made love. She pouted, reluctant to pluck the next petal knowing what the outcome would be.

HE LOVES ME NOT.

How could Chloe be sure of what he felt? He was always so guarded so in control that she never knew what he was thinking. Flowers, candy, gifts, he had given all to Chloe in their six months relationship, but it didn’t signify love. There had been times when Chloe could almost discern something else in his troubled eyes but it was gone too quickly, replaced by his mask. Chloe knew that he at least cared for her, it had been enough in the beginning when she was still was unsure of her own feelings, but now she desperately wanted to hear those precious words from his lips.

HE LOVES ME.

Chloe would be leaving soon. She was graduating in a month and had already been accepted to the college of her choice. She was most afraid of only being a distraction for him in the quaint cow town of Smallville, that he would forget her as soon as she left town. Chloe knew she was being irrational, he would never do anything like that to her. Still, doubts and insecurities plagued her. Would he come to visit her? Would their relationship end when she left? Did he love her?

HE LOVES ME NOT.
HE LOVES ME.
HE LOVES ME NOT.
HE LOVES ME.
HE LOVES ME NOT.
HE LOVES ME.

HE LOVES ME NOT.

Chloe stared sadly at the last petal in her hand. A tear escaped her as she realized that it was probably true. He didn’t love her and she had been deluding herself in thinking that he did. Tears fell rapidly now, the pain of unrequited love too much for her to bear. He had been her first real love, her first in many other things. He had been more than wonderful to her but he didn’t love her. She sobbed quietly; the stem of the daisy still clutched tightly in her hand.

Most homes in Smallville were unlocked and Lex with the familiarity of being in his girlfriend’s house more often that not went right in. He found her in her garden, a pretty wood nymph pouting prettily. He smiled at the sight of her, she was exquisite and she belonged to him.

He stayed still not wanting to interrupt the peacefulness that bubbled the garden. Lex watched as she took petals off a flower. She held the last petal in her hand, then she did something Lex couldn’t comprehend; she stared crying. Lex, seeing her crying form and seeing the stump of the flower in her hand, finally understood what she had been doing.

He went to her, sat down next to her in the dirt not caring that his Armani suit would be ruined. As soon as she had noticed him, Chloe had attempted to wipe all her tears away; she succeeded but in the process left streaks of dirt on her face. Lex smirked lightly at her blunder, his pretty little nymph blushing furiously now.

He kissed her softly on the lips. “I love you,” he whispered against her lips. She hugged him tightly as tears fell once more from her eyes. “Shhh, don’t cry. I can’t stand it when you cry.”

“Say it again,” Chloe demanded brokenly.

“I love you, I love you so much.”

HE LOVES ME.

The End.

Not An Addict
7th March 2003, 07:56
Aww! *sniff* I should really know better by now than to read emotional stories when I'm . . . well, emotional. Great job. :D I can't wait for the next story from you. *hinthinthint* :partyhat:

LexLover
7th March 2003, 07:59
AWWW!! So cute!! Of course he loves her. Who wouldn't love her? Great story...are you sure this is your first try? Anyways hope to see more stories from you in the future.

:ilove:

Queen Of Tact
7th March 2003, 08:21
Oh, that was a great story. I was ready to cry when Lex told her that he loved her :heart:
I can't wait to read more of your stories...

CC :sign3:

dsapiro
7th March 2003, 08:39
Great story!! Can't wait for more. And if you are in need of a Beta, you can e-mail me.

drina
7th March 2003, 08:46
that was just too sweet 4 words! :love:

great job on ur 1st fic :D

Sway
7th March 2003, 11:37
awwww. that was so sweet!! i love it!!!

chlexy
7th March 2003, 15:38
That was beautiful. :love: You definitely need to write more!

:ilove:

scifichick774
7th March 2003, 16:11
*sniff* *sob* That was wonderful. So angsty and then so sweet. Beautiful.

hfce
7th March 2003, 18:36
That was beautiful. You have to write more.

Hope:)

petriebird18
7th March 2003, 21:15
(sniff) Ok, you want advice? Give a little warning before posting this type of story, like :Warning- might need tissues!: :D I loved it, it was beautiful!!! I hope you write another one soon, you're a natural at writing Chlex!!!
~Deidre~
:love: Chlex :love:

AlwaysPretending
8th March 2003, 03:09
Awww, this was absolutely sweet. I really enjoyed it :)

Kerry

Tandy
8th March 2003, 21:57
Oh wow, You guys! I love you! :love: Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I'm so very happy! :blush: Thank you, thank you!

Tandy

Blaire023
3rd May 2003, 19:39
An oldie but a goodie...I say that because I know I read it somewhere before here...but it still gets me all teary eyed in a good way. Gotta love the tears of joy.

Blaire

edited to remove sig

bluemoongirl23
3rd May 2003, 20:07
That was wonderful! Very sweet and emotional. Can't wait for another from you.

Blue

Sezza
5th May 2003, 13:47
The more I read this fic, the more I love it.

This is really beautiful and it displaya Chloe's emotions really well. And I love the end when Lex declaires his love for her. Makes me go awww.

Lex, seeing her crying form and seeing the stump of the flower in her hand, finally understood what she had been doing.

He went to her, sat down next to her in the dirt not caring that his Armani suit would be ruined. As soon as she had noticed him, Chloe had attempted to wipe all her tears away; she succeeded but in the process left streaks of dirt on her face. Lex smirked lightly at her blunder, his pretty little nymph blushing furiously now.

He kissed her softly on the lips. “I love you,” he whispered against her lips. She hugged him tightly as tears fell once more from her eyes. “Shhh, don’t cry. I can’t stand it when you cry.”

“Say it again,” Chloe demanded brokenly.

“I love you, I love you so much.”

That has to be my most fav part. Damn, now i may have to read it again, see that's just how much i love it.

-Sarah

Chlex is my obsession :devil:

Sunny
22nd May 2003, 19:51
So sweet! I loved it! :chlexsign3:

sydsvaughn
23rd May 2003, 21:00
**sniff** Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Very nicely done and I'd love to read more from you!

SaraC

Gemini
24th May 2003, 01:39
*gigglez*

That was so sweeeet, and warm and fuzzy and chlexy :yay2:

lunaluthor
27th July 2003, 17:07
arghhh stupid Lex it took him six months to say it poor Chloe :crygreen:

but a sweet story loved it :biggrin:

flower
30th July 2003, 00:12
:clap: :clap: That was SO good! :clap: :clap:

FloweR

autumngold
11th December 2003, 20:39
I love your story!! :wub: Even though it took him so long, I'm glad Lex finally admitted his feelings!! :chlexsign4:

gina
11th December 2003, 22:50
Aww. That was so sweet. I loved this fic!

Clannadlvr
12th December 2003, 04:28
Thanks to other N-S's for reviewing this, 'cause you brought it to my attention. What a beautiful moment! Nicely done

starmoon
12th May 2005, 05:23
i love this story is is so sweet and cute i espally love the ending and i am glade lex went to chloe and told her his feelings.