PDA

View Full Version : Link re-directing to homepage

Priscilla Waggoner
10th June 2015, 04:12
Sometimes when I click on a certain link or reading a thread and click for the next page it re-directs me back to the homepage.

Does this happen to anyone else? It keeps happening to me and it's frustrating as hell when your reading a fanfiction.

lexie
10th June 2015, 07:57
Sometimes when I click on a certain link or reading a thread and click for the next page it re-directs me back to the homepage.

Does this happen to anyone else? It keeps happening to me and it's frustrating as hell when your reading a fanfiction.

I'm afraid that's a residual bug from a hacker's attack we suffered a few years ago. Unfortunately, fixing everything the hacker messed up with would demand a monumental job on part of our Administrator and she's too busy with her RL commitments right now.

The fact that you keep getting redirected to the homepage means the threads you've been visiting were compromised. there are lots of posts on the boards that were deleted and īpages which can no longer be accessed.

There's a thread open to request the reposting of stories which have missing chapters or pages that won't open: CLICKIE (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8916-Error-Missing-Chapter-Posts). Use that thread to post the link to the story you're having trouble with, and I'll try to add an alternative link in the first post of the thread for you to read the story on a different server. By the way, this rule applies only to completed fics.

I'm the only Global Moderator on the boards. Don't hesitate to contact me with any queries.

I've just noticed this is your first post since you joined in 2013. How about introducing yourself in the Newbies section?

lexie
11th June 2015, 08:16
If the thread still opens, try using the Thread Tools button at the top of the first post. Click on it and a drop-down menu will appear. Select "Show Printable version". Once you're redirected to that version, you should have no problems. You can also scroll down and click the link that will apear in the bottom right-hand side corner of that page so that it shows you 100 posts per page...