PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Love (completed) PG

Blaire023
1st November 2003, 08:55
Title: Eternal Love
Author: Blaire023
Disclaimer: Why I never. Okay, so maybe I did...once. But I swear I'll never do it again. Atleast not while anyone's looking. ... Hold on, what was I talking about? Oh, course, I don't own em.
Rating: PG? maybe.
A/N: I don't like angst. I only like angst with a happy ending, and guess what people, this isn't one of em. I got a bit poetic today while trying to hash it out with my inner demons while writing the next chap to All Fall Down. And I ended up here. Or there. Wherever. I didn't really have any people in mind when I wrote this, but once I reread it after my muse flung me into autopilot, I thought, hmmm....this could possibly be Chlex. So there you have it. Hope you enjoy, and well, if you don't. Too bad.

*Eternal Love*

It wasn't so much that she had come to expect it. It was just something that was naturally given to her by him. She didn't have to ask, it was always there. But now. She watched it slip away. And she felt her heart break into a million peices. Her soul shattering like the green glass his once priceless vase bore. The etchings of the last ritual sting tingled beneath her skin and she watched as he looked down upon the rest of the world.

Her eyes bore the resemblance to that of pure beauty. A beauty in which she could hide away. A peircing green that reminded him of yesterdays and romping through fields. Ripe and luscious her bottom lip poutted. So temptingly so that he had to remind himself that what he felt was not real. And so he would let her go. To float away on the silver cloud that hung above their heads. She could lift her arms and fly away to another world where he couldn't reach her. Yet she did no such thing.

The possibilities were endless and while she had choices, she would never take the first step. But if he would lay his hands upon her and show her the way he chose her to go, she'd gladly follow. With or without him. Until the time when they would split paths, she would always look upon him with a clear heart and heavy mind. A love that bloomed so graciously as she lifted her hands to his face. A love that never ended and wove into her veins and simmered in her blood.

Pale blue eyes stared back at her, cold, relentess, teeming with aniticipation. She tilted her head savagely, asking the age old question in complete silence. With a sharp nod of his head she brushed her fingertips against his cheekbones and dropped her hands to her sides.

A tinted window approached as she stood with her things accompanying her. A lifetime assault of what she had gathered over her treasured years with him. Things would change. Chances would be taken. She would find her way home to him, he had no doubt of that. But the longer she went away, the better he could be. The longer he lived in solitude, the less he would brood and think about her. Only his inner ramblings would give him the comfort he chose to seek.

With subdued patience she kissed her palm and placed it against his cheek. The warmth from his skin shocked her as he was normally so cold. Cold to her. Cold to himself. Now, in the present it didn't seem to matter. Either way they would live apart. For as long as she could give him.

The black uniformed driver approached her in quietness as he took her things. Loading them into the trunk he came back for her, gently taking her elbow and leading her away. Away from her life, his life, their life. And into a darkness that reeked of fresh leather and timeless, ageless champagne. Of wealth and riches of the pockets but not of the heart. And it broke, and shattered as she turned to watch him watch her from his place on the top step. The top step of their home. And she loved him. More now than ever. For sacrificing her for their well being.

Watching as the car drove away, his hands flexed into fists in his pockets. His cheek tingled from the lack of warmth her hand and love had provided. They could be safe now. The further apart they were, the longer he could love her. The longer he knew she'd be okay. Tears filled his eyes as he watched what little of his life he had relished in drive away. And a new sadness approached him as he approached it. Cautious and delirious.

That night he sat by the fire, a warming glass of brandy rolled between his hands. The sharp flames and the reflection of them off the crystal adorning his mantle. And her name, a silent weep for what they were. What they had. What they meant. A life of love and tenderness and it was holding on still. Tears fell into solitude and solitude fell into a deep sleep.

His head roared, the pulse of his heart picking up and kicking in his head. He sat up with a rush and fumbled with the remote. Linking himself to the outside world he watched the replay footage of the car diving off the cliff. And his heart cracked into peices. He felt her nails digging into the leather of the seat, biting into the cracks of smoothness. Her shrill scream as they were airborn. The driver's attempt to right the car with no brakes.

He had done it for them. For her. For their love.

Love that was eternal.

The End

airria
1st November 2003, 11:51
OMG I cant believe he just killed her like that!!!!!!!!!!!!

vardaquareien
1st November 2003, 13:18
Blaire, that was absolutely...Wow! It was really well written and just so excrutiatingly beautiful.

And she loved him. More now than ever. For sacrificing her for their well being.
This line really intrigued me. Did she know what he had planned? I think that this is a fic that I'll be able to read over and over again! I've already read through it a few times and each time I notice different things!

Well done! This is a gorgeous piece of writing!

tigerbaby
1st November 2003, 15:25
Blaire, I'm speechless. This was just awesome. Heart-wrenchingly beautiful and something that I can definitely see happening. This is one that I will treasure and re-read over and over. :worship2:

scifichick774
1st November 2003, 17:12
Wow. Bastard.

hfce
1st November 2003, 18:07
Wow I am with Kris on this one. :ohmy:

Hope :huh:

autumngold
1st November 2003, 22:12
I can't believe the ending to your story :ohmy: , it's so sad. :crygreen: Did Chloe know he was going to kill her? :huh: Lex might have Chloe's love forever, but his love for her was very selfish! :chlexsign3:

happy bunny
2nd November 2003, 08:14
Oh, wow. *picks jaw up off floor* That was amazing.

The end was totally unexpected and I had to reread it to make sure I hadn't read it wrong. Because he wouldn't do that, would he??? He couldn't. But he did... Bastard.

Like you said, it was written poetically and that added something to it, made it more beautiful.

Anyway, loved it, great job.

randa
2nd November 2003, 08:29
:crygreen: thats how i feel
and he's a bastard

randa

Ami Rose
20th October 2013, 03:39
Wow... speechless