PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Study Break (NC 17) Completed on 23rd November 2013

HotCrossedBunny
23rd November 2013, 20:07
Study break

Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: I don’t own Smallville, hence the lack of Chlex action in the series.
Spoilers: Possibly for S3/4.
Summary: Chloe has had a bad day.
A/N: This is a birthday present for TrinityR (happy birthday!) as such, it includes: NC17 material, a minimum of Lana bashing, University education and time management. Oh, and I heard that it was difficult to walk the fine line between evil and complex Lex and sweet Lex so I didn’t try. :D

“Remind me why I wanted to be roommates with Lana again, oh that’s right, I didn’t!” Chloe groused as she burst into the luxurious penthouse apartment, her heavy bag slung over one shoulder.

“No, I wanted to go off to college, shake the dust of Smallville from my feet, meet new people, have new experiences get the be the hot one for once, but oh no”, she crashed onto the extremely expensive couch and kicked her shoes off. She considered her discarded footwear for a moment but then decided that she couldn’t be bothered to straighten them after the day that she had had. “I”, she continued with her rant, “have to have all of that taken away in one fell swoop”. She was not a happy bunny, in fact she was a hot crossed bunny as the Vicar of Dibley would have said.

“I have live in a tiny room with someone who is so annoyingly perky and well groomed even first thing in the morning”, she pulled her laptop out of her bag.

Lex watched her with amusement from where he was reclining on the arm chair across from her, sipping his scotch thoughtfully as he had been when the tempest had entered his abode. “What did she do this time? Tell the pancake parents story again? Steal the love of your latest crush?”

“No, she has stopped doing that since I told her how annoying it was tactfully as you suggested”, she didn’t look impressed by his advice, “and my latest crush knows how lucky he is to have me – I make sure to keep telling him”. Returning to the topic of her erstwhile roommate, she tried to continue, “She … she …” but it was too terrible to mention.

“Very descriptive”, Lex teased her.

Chloe shot him an evil look. “She tidied up”.

“The witch with a b!”

She chose to ignore the sarcasm. “And not just her side of the room, mine too!”

Lex snorted with laughter but covered it with a sip of his drink, judging by the expression on Chloe’s adorable yet grumpy face, it was for the best if he wanted to survive the night.

“How on earth am I supposed to concentrate on going through my essay …”

“At the last minute I have no doubt”, he interjected.

Chloe narrowed her eyes at him; she was not going to get into another fight with him about her work load. She knew that she was taking more courses than anyone else but she could handle it. “As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted: how on earth am I supposed to concentrate on going through my last essay of the year, the most important one, in desperate need of checking with all of my clothes in the wardrobe instead of on the floor? How, I ask you?!?”

“How indeed”, he observed her kicked off shoes and tried to ignore his own need to straighten them.

“Good at least someone is on my side”, she huffed, pushing her shoes around with her feet to punish him for his earlier sarcasm.

“Always baby, you know that”.

She almost growled at him. “You know that I hate that nickname”. She knew that he was just doing it because of her messy shoes, she decided to torture him some more and knocked one of them onto its side. Maybe she would leave her socks somewhere.

“Really?” He appeared to be considering the matter as he watched her movements closely, “I didn’t hear you complaining last night or the night before that or …”

“Yeah yeah we get it, you are a good fuck”, she was not prepared to be swayed, she was tired, exhausted in fact, and crabby and hungry. She remembered the particularly good highlights from the night before and blushed. “Lana is getting suspicious you know, the editor of The Daily Planet actually called me into his office today to ask if I was okay, apparently he got an angry call from someone claiming to be my roommate saying that they couldn’t keep me out all night every night”. Chloe hadn’t succeeded in getting back before Lana had got up the morning before - Lex’s bed had just been too snuggly to leave. In hindsight, she should have stayed there.

Lex tried not to laugh as he said, “So all in all, a pretty bad day I take it?”

She nodded.

“So you came here”, he looked more than a little smug.

“Yes”, she said, suddenly feeling very self-conscious and selfish. “That’s alright, isn’t it?”

For the first time that evening Lex looked genuinely angry, “Of course it is, don’t ask anything so bloody stupid again”.

“Okay”, she opened her laptop and loading her final essay of the year. She just couldn’t get the conclusion right. She had got no sleep the night before – although for very pleasing reasons -, had had to lie to Lana, had had a full day of classes, gone to work at the paper and handed in her stories and then gone back to her dorm room only to find that it was all clean, and Lana wanted to talk about whether Chloe was ‘alright’ and wouldn’t let her work. All in all, Chloe was having a bad day.

“You know, you could always just move in here with me and save yourself all of this agro”, he pointed out as he always did whenever she came over or worse had to leave. He walked over to her and turned on the lamp, he could refrain from interfering with her shoes but he wasn’t going to have her straining her eyes for anything.

“No Lex”, she sighed. She scrunched her eyes closed and pinched the bridge of her nose. “You know that I can’t. We haven’t been hiding our relationship since summer of junior year just to reveal it now, the papers would crucify you. Even if I am of age they will write that I am still in college and …”

“I don’t care”, his voice was low and passionate.

“I know”, she opened her eyes and stared at his sweet face – not that she would ever let him hear her thinking that. She stroked his cheek, “But I do. I love you so much and I am not going to cause you more problems or risk your political future because of our impatience”.

“So you are just going to work insane hours to do four years of college in one and a half so that we are can be together?”

“That’s the plan”, she agreed. “If I can finish this one essay”.

He placed a kiss on her temple. “Thirty minutes”, he warned her, “fix your conclusion then I will ready it through”.

“You are too good for me”, she pecked him on the lips.

“No, I’m really not”, as he grasped the wrist that was surreptitiously reaching for his discarded glass of scotch, placing it back on top of her laptop before reaching down to give her thigh a warning pat.

“What’s the point of having an old balding boyfriend if he won’t even let you have alcohol?” She pouted. She had heard that it helped after a long hard day like she had had – temporarily ignoring the fact that the last time Lex had used that excuse on her she had dumped the contents of a decanter over his head, permanently ruining his expensive Persian rug and told him (in no uncertain terms) that she wasn’t putting up with that crap and that from then on he could have one glass of alcohol per fortnight and that was it. He had clearly chosen that night as he hadn’t thought that he would be seeing her.

“The really cool apartment, billions of dollars and skill and finesse in the bedroom?” He asked, taking no offence. She had left him in absolutely no doubt of just how sexy she found his hairless head. He moaned slightly as he remembered her attention to it the last time he had been in a bad mood, kissing and tonging it until he almost lost his mind.

“Nah”, she shook her head.

“Then how about the fact that I have an on call personal chef who can prepare whatever you want”, he suggested with a wiggling of the eyebrows.

“Oh yay”, Chloe had already fixed the first part of her conclusion; Lex’s presence was an inspiration. “Junk food, please!”

Lex rolled his eyes as he watched her pounding away on her keyboard. Junk food indeed. She already looked tired and like she might be about to come down with something at any moment. He waited until she had obviously finished the sentence she was working on before calling the kitchen and ordering, “Two large, extra lean”, Chloe pulled a face and he pinched her, “emu steaks with spinach, green beans and broccoli”.

“You big fat meanie”, Chloe poked him from where she had settled herself, supporting her back on the side of the sofa, her legs stretched out across it so that her socks could attack him.

He grabbed her feet and placed them in his lap to tickle them slightly, “And of course an extremely large decadent chocolate soufflé for afterwards”.

“Oh scary, I don’t think that he got your message”, she continued to wriggle her feet quite liking having them tickled.

Lex Luthor would never stoop to sticking his tongue out … and so he settled for tickling her soles a little more as he hung up. “Alright, twenty minutes left”, he announced, knowing that she worked better with clear deadlines and that if he allowed it she would make herself sick spending the entire night up working on an essay that (he had no doubt) was already great.

“I can do that”, she said, the work flying by. Really, if she could just have taken Lex to school with her she would have passed everything before she was ten, he was like a little genie.

“And I’ll just entertain myself”, he said as he pulled off her socks – ignoring the fact that they were different colours, no doubt next week she would find and subsequently wear the other two in a similarly discordant style - and began to massage her feet paying particular attention to the pressure points which were supposed to be good for the eyes and concentration.

“Perv”, she muttered but groaned slightly as she continued to work on her essay, Lex really was a magician.

“Brat”, he shot back, using his own feet to straighten her shoes.

“Hey, how am I supposed to concentrate?” She complained.

Lex obligingly messed them up again, muttering something about it being his “apartment too”.

“Thank-you sweetie pie”, she cooed, breaking into a fit of the giggles as he tickled her toes mercilessly.

“I’ll remember that once you are finished with that essay”, he threatened.

“Well that makes me worry about telling you that I just finished”, she said, hitting the save button.

“Hand it over”, Lex beckoned for her to hand him her laptop. He knew just how privileged he was to be allowed to hold her baby, but still swatted her as she got up and scurried around him. She pulled a face at him but continued towards the bedroom, obviously intending to shower while he read through her work, as she felt gross.

When she returned a quarter of an hour later slightly damp but looking lovely in one of his white dress shirts. He knew that she had some clothes there so she must just have felt like wearing something of his, it made him feel possessive and pushed academic thoughts completely from his mind … until Chloe asked him about her essay, that was.

“Brilliant as always”, he said honestly, “one typo in the second page and I would reconsider reversing the line I highlighted on page 16 but other than that no problems I can see. I love it Heathcliff: a victim of his own need to play act and masochism who needs to get over it”.

“I feel bad for Edgar, he needs lots of cuddling”, she decided as she plopped down next to her likewise cuddle needing boyfriend, took her laptop and made the changes suggested before saving and handing it in electronically. “Finally that is over”, she leant over to kiss him, “sorry for being a pain in the ass. How was your day?”

“You weren’t”, he assured her, “and everyone needs a study break. My day was fine but much better now that you are here”.

“Aww … big pile of sweet mush”, she tickled his tummy.

“I’ll show you how ….”

“Dinner’s ready”, a soft voice came from behind the door as a soft knocking was at the door. “Come in”, Lex called, straightening Chloe’s shoes – he was through being considerate now that she had her essay done.

“You are lucky that I am about to be fed”, she said in a merry voice clapping her hands as she saw the food, even if it was healthy. She had given up (mostly) making a fuss when Lex ordered her food, to start with it had bothered her – for many reasons, not least of which the fact that he always made her eat real food – but she had given up arguing when he had hidden the coffee from her for a week. “And I’m not getting sick”.

“Who said that you were?” He liked to think of himself as an intelligent male but sometimes even he found it difficult to follow Chloe’s logic.

“You always order emu when you think that I am getting sick as it is the best meat”, she explained tucking in to her steak, wondering when it was exactly that a delicious meal prepared by a personal chef had become the food that you could still eat off your lap on the sofa whilst watching TV – oh, that reminded her, she nabbed the remote control.

“You could be getting run down”, he defended his choice.

“Big fuss pot”, she began to flick through the channels settling on the movie channel he had got just for her. “Oh, the Olsen Twins in It Takes Two”. She remembered the movie from her childhood.

“I’m not feeling that giving”, he announced, swiping it back off her and continued the flicking process until, “Ah ha”.

“Oh, my favourite”, Chloe cooed. “You know that this means cuddling don’t you?”

“Yes, I am well aware of the rules set down by her majesty”.

“Hey”, she joked, “my safe house, my rules”.

Lex managed a weak smile, he knew that it was when they had got together but he still didn’t like to be reminded of the time that she had been fearing for her life for those three weeks before Lionel had suffered that terrible accident. Whoever would have thought that his nightly glass of scotch would be so flammable?

“Come on Lex, don’t tell me that you didn’t enjoy snuggling on the couch”, she prodded, trying to joke him out of his suddenly sombre mood.

“I did”, he admitted.

“Or sneaking around playing James Bond as you got to screw the sexiest senior girl in High School”, she reminded him.

“Also true”, he continued although he privately wished – even though he had been the one to insist on secrecy at the time for the good of her reputation – that they could have come out in public with their relationship.

They ate their food in silence and snuggled up, he had never thought that his life could be like this, so happy, so perfect, so low in scotch consumption.

~*~

“You no good cheating little minx”, Lex roared, “how the hell could you do that?”

Chloe grinned wickedly at him as she scooped up another spoonful of decadently rich, quadruple chocolate soufflé sponge cake. “Whatever do you mean?”

“Do you really think that you can distract me with that cake?” Why was it that her piece always seemed better than his? The way that she slowly and deliberately slipped it into her mouth closing her eyes and moaning as she swallowed. He was not going to let her distract him again, he wouldn’t fantasize about her. She moaned as she licked her lips. Okay, well maybe just one quick vision of her with her mouth wrapped around something else, then he was done.

“I have no idea what you mean darling”, she purred. “Now, I believe that I have won this card game which means …”

Lex was reclining on the arm chair, looking cool, debonair and distinctly yummy dressed only in his boxers, the rest of his clothing was sitting in a neat pile on the floor next to Chloe, who was lying on her stomach on the sofa still only wearing his dress shirt.

“You have cheated, I don’t know how but you did. There is no way that you won again, you even have my cufflinks. You can’t have won eleven out of eleven”.

“Yes, yes I do and I think that I am insulted at your inference that I cheated”, she didn’t look particularly bothered by the allegation. “Especially from someone who cheated at Scrabble”, as he opened his mouth to protest, she cut him off, “and no I don’t accept ‘It is a real word, you just haven’t heard of it and it doesn’t appear in the dictionary’”, she did her best impression of him, which wasn’t very good.

“It appeared in the next version of the Oxford English dictionary which appeared the following week”, he reminded her.

“A fact which disturbs me greatly”.

“You are the one who threw the Frustration set across the room”, he reminded her, remembering her temper fit with amusement.

“Stupid Frustration, it is so frustrating and it is just a game of chance, there is no finesse or skill to it”, she reminded him. “It isn’t as if you didn’t get angry with the Snakes and Ladders set”.

“There were too many snakes, I was so close to winning when it all got taken away from me”, Lex complained.

“Yes, that is the point. It is supposed to prepare you for life”, she informed him primly.

“I’m a Luthor, we don’t have snakes in our lives, we strategize, plot and plan to destroy them before they can strangle us”, he informed her.

“All right, but I think that we can both agree that you cheat far more than I do”, she said decidedly.

He snorted. “Would you like to discuss your flagrant cheating at gin rummy?”

She was about to complain that it was his own fault as he was the one who had introduced the game to her and dealt the cards but she remembered how well that argument had worked for her last time. She clenched her thighs together trying to quell the throbbing sensation which seemed to have seized her.

Lex smirked arrogantly, able to read her like a book.

“Yes, I would very much so”, she decided.

He grinned.

“But first, connect four! A game of strategy and sexual tension. That will be our decider”, she announced.

“Is that what it says on the box?” He inquired as she scampered to get it, came back and began to set it up.

Chloe pretended to heck, “Nope, although that would probably get more sales”.

“Probably”, Lex got up and crouched down behind her, wrapping his arms around her and nuzzled her ear.

“Do you want to be close to me or are you trying to see if I am cheating?” She asked.

“I’m a multi-tasker”, he informed her, “I am also trying to tell if you are hiding cards up your sleeves because you know that that would be very very bad”.

“Meh”, she shrugged, “even if you found something it would technically be your fault”.

“How do you figure that?”

“As I am wearing your shirt the cards would be up your sleeve”, she decided, whimpering slightly as he kneaded her breasts.

“The judge won’t accept that as a reason”, he whispered as he kissed her neck.

“And that would be you I take it?” She chose the red counters.

“Yep, judge, jury and sexecutioner”, he smirked, willing to forget all about the rematch and just bend her over the coffee table had she not straightened up at that moment and announced, “Done!”

They played, the best out of three, all of which Chloe won again causing Lex to accuse her of having taken meteor rocks to enhance her playing powers.

“Ah stop complaining and remove your underwear (good job you wore some today)”, she giggled, “so that I can add them to my little Lex pile”, she patted it, “see, I even made it nice and neat for you”.

“So I see”, Lex surveyed her handy work, “and considering the way that you fold you are lucky that you are so hot”.

“What’s wrong with my folding?” Chloe wondered as he stood up.

“It would take too long to explain. So you want me to take off all of my clothes?” He asked.

“Yes”, she wondered if he was getting forgetful in his old age, “Hey”, she yelped as he tore his shirt off her body before tossing her over his shoulder and strolling towards the bedroom. “You big fat cheater”.

He patted her, “You’re one to talk”.

“I already told you that I didn’t cheat”, Chloe complained as she found herself lying back on the bed with Lex hovering over her.

“We have ways of making you talk”, he said in a terrible impression of a Bond villain.

“I’ll never talk”, she said in the over dramatic style of a would-be heroine – they really had been watching too much Bond recently.

“Are you absolutely sure about that?” His hot breath caressed her neck as he grabbed the expensive scarves which had been left on the dressing table from the day before.

Chloe moaned, as she felt him moving the cool fabric up her body, over her sensitive skin. “Yeah, never ever going to talk”.

“Well see about that”, he kissed his way up her body until he hovered teasingly above her, waiting until she arched up to kiss him before grasping both of her wrists, kissing each of them in the way he knew drove her crazy before affixing them gently to the headboard. He smiled smugly at his captured beloved and couldn’t resist letting out an evil cackle, “Now you are mine and will disclose everything you know about the issue of the cheating”.

In spite of her continued protests that she would never talk Chloe did, very loudly by the time that he had got to her breasts, once his head was between her legs she confessed that she had cheated on her driving test and had stolen a teddy bear from her neighbour when she was four – which she still had. And she probably would have confessed to anything else Lex had wanted at that point.

~*~

Lex woke up the next morning as his cell phone vibrated annoyingly on the bedside table. “What?” He asked, not even bothering with his normal greeting of “Luthor”.

“Hi Lex, I’m sorry to disturb you but it’s Lana”.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s Chloe, I’m really worried about her; she had been gone a lot lately and she didn’t come home last night. I called The Daily Planet and they say that they have no idea where she is (can you believe that?) and the police are of absolutely no hope. Do you think that maybe she has got in over her head again? Do you have any pull with the police department … What was that?”

Chloe had woken up and could be heard using rather colourful language to describe the person who had woken her up; all of her essays were in, she was supposed to be able to sleep in. Those were the rules!

“Never mind”, Lana’s voice came through loud and clear, “I’ve got the picture, more than a picture than I wanted really”.

Lex yawned, “We aren’t telling people yet”.

“Telling people what? That Chloe is a workaholic who lives in the library?”

“Thank-you”, Lex said sleepily. He hung up and turned over see what Chloe was up to. She was already typing on her laptop, even before her morning coffee. “What on earth are you doing?”

“What Lana said gave me an idea for a new story”, she explained. “An in depth investigation into the police department: how they use public money, who gets in and who doesn’t, and most importantly what cases they do and don’t take on”.

“Back to work already?” He complained, “What was last night to you?”

“A study break”.

“Study break my foot”, Lex grumbled as he got his laptop out and began to check his own emails, trying not to be too distracted by the sight of her bare breasts just sitting there exposed as she typed. With a yawn and a stretch he rang for coffee and breakfast to be brought up in a half hour.

“Well that was a lot of work”, Chloe closed her laptop, “time for another study break?”

The End

TrinityR
23rd November 2013, 20:51
!! Thank you so much! It was brilliant! Funny and the Lana thing, well, I could just laugh because Chloe complained how Lana was cleaning etc:D:D

Where did you hear that it's hard to make Lex evil, dark and sweet at the same time? Hopefully, not from me, althought I tend to say I love to write about him, because he is conflicted and dark and has a good heart and... you know!!

Thank you again so much!! And I love the end. It was perfect when Lana said Chloe was in library and Lex just said thank you:)

I wish your birthday was closer, so I could do something for you, but eventually, August would come again!!

PS: I would like to have such a study break, but I'm still looking for my personal LEX! And I am picky! (a girl has to be with a boyfriend that will be for life, right?:P)

HotCrossedBunny
23rd November 2013, 22:56
!! Thank you so much! It was brilliant! Funny and the Lana thing, well, I could just laugh because Chloe complained how Lana was cleaning etc

You are very welcome. Yes, people cleaning can be very annoying.

Where did you hear that it's hard to make Lex evil, dark and sweet at the same time? Hopefully, not from me, althought I tend to say I love to write about him, because he is conflicted and dark and has a good heart and... you know!!

Nope from a thread on here about writing Lex, all of the writers were saying that it was a hard balancing act even Zannie. I know, that's what makes him interesting.

Thank you again so much!! And I love the end. It was perfect when Lana said Chloe was in library and Lex just said thank you

Again you are very welcome. :D Yeah, honestly Lana's memory isn't very good, is it? ;p

I wish your birthday was closer, so I could do something for you, but eventually, August would come again!!

Aww, that's sweet.

PS: I would like to have such a study break, but I'm still looking for my personal LEX! And I am picky! (a girl has to be with a boyfriend that will be for life, right?)

Me too, I think that mine might be hiding (I'm going to leave some apple pie out to see if that attracts him! :D) Agreed! Don't worry Lex is planning on being with Chloe for the rest of his life.

TrinityR
23rd November 2013, 23:21
God Lex is planning so, becase otherwise... she would make his life a living hell, wouldn't she?:P

Thanks again. I am sure a lot of other readers will love this story as well:)

HotCrossedBunny
24th November 2013, 10:47
Yes she would, don't worry the ring is in his sock draw and has been for at least two years.

gecko
5th December 2013, 03:53
a beautiful little fic. loved it.

Ami Rose
6th December 2013, 16:53
Lol that was awsome.

starmoon
15th January 2014, 06:13
loved the story very sexy and funny.

Emch
15th January 2014, 11:49
New fic. How did I miss this one. Love it. Chlex are always worth it.

malugargula
25th May 2014, 06:00
Amazing!!! So funny and hot :)
Great job

MASCH
12th June 2014, 01:23
Haven't been back here in what feels like forever.
Reading Chlex again, from the lighthearted like this fic, to the angsty, reminds me of the reasons I practically stalked this forum for updates

HotCrossedBunny
12th June 2014, 16:16
Nice to see you back around then. :D Well, there are still loads of things for you to read. Thank-you for reading my story.

lexrocks
17th June 2014, 14:23
I've been revisiting old fandom's this month, and have spent the past couple of days reading chlex fanfiction - this story made me smile & chuckle - chlex is still one of my fav pairings!