PDA

View Full Version : A Much Needed Apology

Julie
21st May 2013, 19:18
Hey guys!

First of all, I am so sorry I've been missing in action here. Long story super short, I got a boyfriend (so all my time was consumed into that relationship, hehe), then I got laid off at work, and have spent 2 months trying to find a new job :/ (I did manage to find a new job, started today actually! :)). So yes, real life has been hectic to say the least, and NS has been forgotten on my part, and I am sorry, to all of you who still come here.

I wish I had the time, and dedication, to be honest, to keep up with NS the way I used to. Making events such as the Advent Calendar, fanfiction challenges and more, but I just don't have the time any more :(

So you guys, I am so sorry, I haven't had time for NS, and you guys.

hfce
21st May 2013, 19:44
That is okay Jules. I am just glad we still have a place to come to. I am glad you got another job so fast. This economy stinks. Yeah for the new boy friend. I am happy for you. :)

Julie
21st May 2013, 20:44
That is okay Jules. I am just glad we still have a place to come to. I am glad you got another job so fast. This economy stinks. Yeah for the new boy friend. I am happy for you. :)

Thanks Hope! :)

The Norwegian economy is better than the American I suppose, just hard to find jobs when you don't have that many years of work experience, (and am female and in the "fertile-age" :P).

reyeslu
21st May 2013, 22:25
I totally support you. Thanks for keeping the place running. It sucks that in this century the "fertile-age" problem is still a hurdle, but good on you for overcoming that discrimination.

Julie
24th May 2013, 09:07
I totally support you. Thanks for keeping the place running. It sucks that in this century the "fertile-age" problem is still a hurdle, but good on you for overcoming that discrimination.

Yeah. Even though they don't say out right you're declined because you're female and in that age, you can tell, when, the ad says you need 3-5 years of work experience (I have 3 years), and they decline because of "lack of enough experience".. Hmm.. yeah, right. But, no worries, I found myself a job! :)

Thanks for the support guys! :)

lilinny
27th May 2013, 06:45
HI Julie,
Congrats on finding a new job. I was wondering if I can be taken off the lurkers list.

Dolly
17th June 2013, 14:25
You should not apologize for having a life. Congrats on the ne job and boyfriend.

Phoebe Pennyworth
27th June 2013, 18:33
I totally understand being a stranger I have been going through a few things myself. No worries from me

jujube1013
28th June 2013, 21:24
real life made me stop coming here too. just lost my job and haven't started looking yet, so i feel ya. probably will after July 4th.

SianUrsula
2nd August 2013, 09:54
Yup, real life gets in the way unfortunately! I dont' get even a quarter of the time I used to to read... sigh...

BabyDee
18th August 2013, 11:01
Hey guys!

First of all, I am so sorry I've been missing in action here. Long story super short, I got a boyfriend (so all my time was consumed into that relationship, hehe), then I got laid off at work, and have spent 2 months trying to find a new job :/ (I did manage to find a new job, started today actually! :)). So yes, real life has been hectic to say the least, and NS has been forgotten on my part, and I am sorry, to all of you who still come here.

I wish I had the time, and dedication, to be honest, to keep up with NS the way I used to. Making events such as the Advent Calendar, fanfiction challenges and more, but I just don't have the time any more :(

So you guys, I am so sorry, I haven't had time for NS, and you guys.
No need to apologise, Jules. We're all delighted to see that things are going so well for you in real life! New man, new job...YAY!! :D

Shane77
22nd August 2013, 00:21
Oh my god, why would you even apologize?! ^^ I am not here on the forum often but I love everything you do here. I've been here for a couple of years and I can't say how grateful I am this forum is still running. I know I should be a little more active, and I am trying but when I only come once or twice a month, it's pretty hard to keep up with everything. So truly, deeply, thanks for all the hard work! And hope the work and the boyfriend is going well ;) Cheers from France!

dayamiracle
5th September 2013, 02:52
Don't apologize! We all go through spells where we arent around as much!

sjww
28th September 2013, 06:48
Have to totally agree with everything shane77 says, exactly the same for me too

dannibfree
29th September 2013, 06:24
I'm glad you were able to find a job so quickly. You do an amazing job on this site, thanks for your hard work.

nguyendq91
28th November 2016, 09:43
I hope everything will be better

Satori
21st February 2017, 09:39
I barely remember to show up maybe every other year, so I mean, you shouldn't feel bad for being away for a short while.

Selece
11th May 2017, 17:23
I think we all kind of flutter off to do our own thing. It's just the next chapter in our lives. I've been gone for so long and didn't even realize it. I just suddenly remembered this place and had to visit--Take a walk down memory lane. I was relieved to see that the site it still here after all of these years and that there's still a good amount of traffic.

MASCH
5th September 2017, 17:25
I just realized I haven't been back on here for years!! How did that happen when I used to check this site at least once a week?!
I guess between some of the fics disappearing, smallville going through the gutter, and real life, I forgot about it. Funny enough, I was cleaning my emails when I found one of Zannie's fics, and suddenly I was reading it again and decided to come back here!
So a big hello to all!

Ailelie
24th September 2017, 08:45
I've started a re-watch of Smallville from episode 1 and am waiting for Chloe and Lex to start interacting. While I'm waiting, I remembered this forum and the many fics hidden inside. The news about the hacking a few years ago really sucks. Hope its been better since!

lexie
25th September 2017, 19:01
I've started a re-watch of Smallville from episode 1 and am waiting for Chloe and Lex to start interacting. While I'm waiting, I remembered this forum and the many fics hidden inside. The news about the hacking a few years ago really sucks. Hope its been better since!

Welcome back!

Unfortunately, it's still somewhat difficult to gauge the full-extent of the damage. You'll probably stumble upon a few threads in the fanfic subforums and elsewhere that are missing posts or won't allow you to access all the pages. Please, do let me know if this happens with any fic in particular- either via PM or a message on my profile- and I'll do my best to fix things.

By the way, don't hesitate to contact me with any queries; I'm the only Moderator around.