PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Star-Crossed (R) Completed 1st May 2013

HotCrossedBunny
26th April 2013, 19:54
Star-Crossed

Rating: R
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing to do with Smallville.
Potential spoilers: Doubtful
Credit: Inspired by TrinityR and Romeo and Juliet – only inspired mind you, so don’t expect too much. I have used artistic licence more than liberally, changing Romeo and Juliet, Smallville and character ages until they meet my needs. You have been warned.
Summary: Chloe and Lex fall in love in spite of the fact that they belong to warring families. Will their love unite their families or will they meet a tragic end?

*Chapter One*

“Hello and welcome viewers, I am your roving reporter Wilhelmina S. Hake-Piers and once again I am standing outside Metropolis’ most prestigious hotel waiting for the news that will have a massive effect on all of our lives. We are almost half way through the fifth day of potential bail out talks and unfortunately both parties are keeping quiet at the moment, whether that is a good thing or not only time will tell”.

“This is the topic which is on everyone’s lips and which define what happens for the next century, every single newspaper article, television channel and radio station is covering these events so I am sure that I don’t need to remind you of just how important this is. However, as we are gossip TV I will give you the Wilhelmina S. Hake-Piers analysis of what is going on”.

“As we know the two largest companies in the world LuthorCorp and Queen Industries have thankfully taken a keen interest in the global economic crisis and have promised to help bail out our fair country, taking over the running of the entire country’s industry and ploughing an enormous amount of money into different branches. They have come up with what economists are calling the miracle plan with the help of England’s greatest ever former Prime Minister Gordon Brown and are set to pull the world back from the brink of the cliff … however, there are some terms of the contract that both parties will not agree to sign”.

“We have heard the economists’ reasons for why this might be, but I think that it has its roots in far more personal issues. Once upon a time there were four major families in the world and they all lived in America (in alphabetic order, as this station does not wish to offend anyone): the Luthors, the Queens, the Swans and the Teagues. Until the early eighties the Queens were by far the largest family and some accused them of bullying the other three families as they were almost twice rich as them, until Lionel Luthor thwarted Robert Queen’s plans to marry the only heir of Swan fortune (Lillian) by eloping with her and marrying her himself. This changed the balance of power, making the Luthors the most powerful family for a time. It has been a constant battle ever since; whenever one family pulls ahead in the race for power the other regroups and surges forward with a new even more astonishing plan. It is this competition which has pushed them so far towards the cutting edge of business but it is not seated in friendly rivalry but in hatred”.

“It is said that Robert Queen never got over the betrayal and that that is what forced him into the arms of his beauty queen wife Laura Queen – formally a minor member of the Teague family – who disappeared only months after giving birth to their son, now head of Queen Industries, Oliver. This was another blow to Robert who dedicated his life to his company, his son and later to his daughter Chloe – the origins of whom are still surrounded in mystery – until his death, two years ago. A death some blame on the Luthors”.

“The Luthors on the other hand, have hated the Queens ever since Robert Queen made fun of Lionel Luthor in high school and since the younger Queen publically made many derogatory comments about Alexander “Lex” Luthor after his unfortunate meteor related accident which left him completely bald – a look which incidentally, although it did not favour him as a child, has the ladies going crazy now. They also believe that the Queens were hiding medicine which might have saved Lillian Luthor’s life”.

“As you can see there is no love lost on either side, which is why it is so impressive that they are willing to work together although what exactly that outcome will be at this moment nobody knows. Thanks to our tireless efforts to provide you, our loyal viewers, with all of the facts we were here in the early hours of this morning and had footage of both sides’ arrivals. Let’s see what they had to say on the topic”.

An image of Lex saying, “No comment”, as he entered the building filled the screen before one of Oliver telling them to get the camera out of his face.

~*~

“This is fucking ridiculous, we can’t work together if they are going to keep coming up with such ridiculous demands”, Lex Luthor roared as he stormed out of the room, ripping the door open with such force that it ricocheted back against the wall and made his deputies, waiting outside, jump.

“If that pack of vultures is still waiting outside for their pound of flesh then inform them that the merger will not go ahead because Queen Industries would rather fuck around than make money or save this country”, Lex continued, making sure that he was speaking loudly enough to be heard by Oliver and the entire Queen staff who were still in the conference room.

Oliver sighed at Lex’s outburst and turned and leaned against the window, resting his head against the cold glass as he waited to see the reaction of the media below as they watched Lex storming out. Today was going to be yet another nightmare of a day.

He couldn’t blame Lex really, he supposed. The enmity between their families was too great and neither one could be seen to give in on any point, that was where the trouble really lay. He was fairly certain that if he and Lex could just sit down, without the rest of their shareholders and without the world’s media watching then they would be able to hash this all out as businessmen.

Still, he thought with a sigh, however angry Lex was now there was no way that he would let his country suffer for it. Tomorrow morning he would be back to argue about it again, and they would keep arguing until something eventually came of it. It had taken them five days so far to get through three of the ten bullet points on their snagging list.

He groaned as he watched the scene play out below him. Whilst Lex was being professional and refusing to comment – merely getting into his limo and leaving – the rest of his team were not so well behaved, and Oliver’s team was not much better. They were obviously fighting … again and he wasn’t sure how much longer it would remain verbal.

Oliver closed his eyes. Every time they fought, more and more information leaked out into the press. He would hate to think what he was going to have to clear up later because of this debacle.

“I suppose that I had better be a man and find out the worst”, he said dejectedly as he turned back around and waved the few supporters who were still milling around out of the room and turned on the television.

~*~

“The lovely Chloe Ann Queen has just graduated from the best private school in Europe, where she excelled in every course to the point where she has completed not only her GCSEs and A-levels, but has also been awarded her BA and MA and has only just turned eighteen. This little lady is not only one of richest girls in the world but apparently one of the smartest, something her elder brother has always attested to”.

“However, there appear to be several dark clouds in otherwise perfect blue sky which is Miss Queen’s life, number one being her paternity which … no one knows. Miss Chloe Queen just suddenly turned up at the age of 2 when Oliver’s mother had already been gone for over two years. Rumours abound as to where Chloe came from. Is she Robert’s love child? Is she the result of an affair that Oliver’s mother had and who Robert took away from her mother as revenge? Is she the child of both of them and was just born after the disappearance? We just don’t know! But write in and tell us what you think. We will be back to tell you what the other dark clouds are after this commercial break”.

~*~

“Great, just great”, Oliver complained as he turned the news back off. At least they were giving him a break from reporting on the case but he hated to see Chloe in the news. There was nothing untoward about Chloe’s existence as was so often implied; it was a fairly simple case of adoption.

Robert Queen, for all his faults, had been a good caring man and when he had come across a little girl who had been left orphaned because of the evil of the Luthor’s he had sought to protect her the only way he could think of, by adopting her and giving her a home with him and Oliver. It had been a good idea, although they didn’t always get along, Oliver loved his baby sister and had from the moment he had met her and he would do anything to protect her. And Oliver had several ideas about how to protect her if absolutely necessary.

There was a knock at the door.

“Come in”, the blonde billionaire called out wirily.

“Hey it’s only me”, Jason said coming in and closing the door behind him. “I heard what happened and what they were saying about Chloe on the news and I just thought that I would come and see if there was anything that I can do”.

Oliver managed a small smile, “Thanks, but I don’t think that there is anything that you or anyone else can do about the contract”.

“No, probably not. What about Chloe?” Jason wondered.

“Well of course Chloe could make them sign in only a few minutes but I think that letting her knock the snot out of them until they give in might be illegal … although if there has been no movement by the end of the week I might consider it”, he laughed.

“I meant about the news article on her”, Jason said.

“Yeah, I know what you meant”, Oliver said, running a hand through his short blonde hair, “but I already told you I want her to have a chance to find her own way in the world before getting married. You can wait another year or two until I think that she is ready”.

“Fair enough”, Jason nodded, “but are you sure that she will agree when the time comes?”

Oliver seemed to consider this for a minute, “Chloe is very stubborn, but she loves me as if I were her real brother. When the time comes, she will marry you and cement the alliance between our two families”.

“You know that I will do whatever you think best”, Jason told him.

“I know, and you know that you are the only man who I would trust with my sister. I wish that I didn’t have to think about her marriage this early but I want to know that she is taken care of, with the Luthors you never know what might happen and you know what they did to her father”, he looked disgusted and Jason nodded solemnly. “I just want to make sure that whatever happens she is protected”.

~*~

“And now we are back, with more clouds on the sunny Chloe horizon. As we have already said, she was always smart … unfortunately that did not always extend to her fashion choices, this chubby teen did not always know how to dress to impress. It just goes to show ladies that money cannot buy style”.

There was a montage of Chloe’s worst outfits and hair styles which highlighted the extra five to ten pounds she had carried around with her during most of her High School years.

“Possibly this was the reason for her lack of boyfriend, because it was certainly nothing to do with money or social position. Possibly now that the youngest – possibly – Queen has lost her puppy fat, grown out her hair, got some low lights and sorted out her wardrobe she will find love. And don’t worry viewers when/if she does, we will be there to document ever single moment of it. Possibly, she will find someone at the Queen’s annual masquerade ball which is taking place tonight”.

There was another montage of images, this time more recent ones in which Chloe was looking pretty damned good but in which she was always with her brother who apparently spent most of his time staring murderously at reporters, if the pictures were anything to go by.

“Of course Jason Teague, son of Genevieve Teague, the next in line in the Teague dynasty will be in attendance as always and we can only wait to see whether or not sparks will fly between them as has so often been hinted at before”.

~*~

“Turn it off”, Chloe said with a roll of her expressive green eyes.

“Maybe it’s for the best”, her companion tried to cheer her up, “It would be a very good marriage and Jason is so handsome and noble and it is not as if you have ever been out with anyone or had a boyfriend, so you can’t be in love with somebody else”.

“Well then you go and marry him then”, Chloe snapped but instantly regretted it when she saw the hurt look. “I’m sorry Lana, I know that you didn’t mean it the way that it came out”, Lana never meant things the way that they came out. Ever since Chloe had known her – roughly six years – Lana had always made her feel bad without meaning to. “I am just sick of people looking into my personal life”.

“At least they are paying attention to you”, Lana tried to lift her spirits.

Chloe looked unimpressed, “I would be very happy if they would forget all about me, my personal life, my family and the Luthors”.

“Did you and Oliver have another fight?” Lana asked sympathetically.

“Yes”, Chloe nodded.

“About the Luthors again?”

“Yes”, she sighed, “I just can’t seem to make him understand that I have researched into them and that there are a lot of things that just don’t add up. There have been so many misunderstandings. I don’t think that they are anywhere near as bad as we think that they are”.

“He just wants to protect you”.

“He wants to keep me ‘protected’ in an ivory tower”, Chloe huffed, “where I never get to make my own decisions or talk to anyone he doesn’t like”.

“Well you seem to be managing pretty well from where I am sitting”, Lana alluded to the fact that Chloe was typing to her pen pal as they were speaking.

“Only because Ollie doesn’t know about my second laptop”, Chloe typed away, “if he ever found out he would kill us both”.

“You really don’t think that Lex Luthor is as bad as Oliver says he is?” Lana asked thoughtfully, after a while.

“No, I don’t. I don’t know him but after investigating him I feel as if I do”, Chloe grinned as she typed, “I can’t thank my pen pal enough for giving me the idea, thank-you WarriorAngel”.

Lana rolled her eyes, “Now, on to more important matters, what are you going to wear for this party tonight?” She held up several of the designer dresses which had been sent over.

Watchtower: Lana is bugging me to choose a dress and won’t let me get back to chatting with you until I do so apparently, so you choose, I can’t care enough to muster an opinion. Pink, red, purple or black?

WarriorAngel: I always like purple!

“The purple one. Happy now that I have chosen something?” Chloe inquired sweetly.

“Yes”, Lana put the dress on the side.

TrinityR
26th April 2013, 21:18

Ok, still thinking how to write what I feel.

IT'S F*** AMAZING!! (* because I decided not to curse, unless it's in a story:D:D A character can:D)

I love it! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
YOu managed to give them a reason for a conflict, then you managed to make that triangle and as much as I hate two men rivalin for a girl , there's so much excitement in that that I guess... yeah, I love it! It always keep me at the edge of my sit!
So it look like Chloe's family was murdered by Lionel. And now she will love Lex and she's writing to him?! I just.. can't!!
Can't wait for the next part!!
(sits on the edge of her seat, crossing her fingers that they would not die at the end. maybe fake death, but but not real death, pretty pleasE?)

trckyrcky
27th April 2013, 03:50
This is a great start. It's a great version of Romeo and Juliet except we have Lex and Chloe.

HotCrossedBunny
27th April 2013, 22:32
*Chapter Two*

“Hello party people, it is Wilhelmina S. Hake-Piers here again this time from an even more interesting location for something far more important. It is the Queen’s annual masquerade ball! Now, we are not actually allowed on the Queen property and have been threatened with both legal and violent retaliation if we ever try to get in again, but this part”, she indicated to the area behind her, “is not Queen property, it is the road outside the road outside the Queen property. So, let us see who is going to come and play. There is the Teague car pulling up”.

~*~

Lex smirked at the attempts of the reporter on the television to get a comment without profanity out of the arriving guests; at least the way that he was planning on making his entrance would ensure that wouldn’t even be seen so he wouldn’t have worry about that.

He fixed his breast plate to his chest and checked his reflection in the mirror once again before turning off the television and walking into the centre of the room where his best friend was seated.

“We will have to get going soon”, Lex announced, “I make it a point never to turn up until the party is in full swing, but I don’t want to miss all of it”.

“Alright, but Lex, why risk all of this?” Clark asked him, “You know that the Queens are not going to welcome you with open arms and this isn’t going to help you when you have to negotiate with them again”.

Lex shrugged. “It won’t matter because they won’t know that I am there until it’s already too late. And to answer your other question: why a man would ever risk his neck like this? My answer is the same as it has been for all males risking their necks for something stupid since the beginning of time … because of a girl”.

“A girl?” Clark looked over at Lex incredulously, all of this over a girl? Lex didn’t normally take chances so this one must really be something special.

“Yes, a girl. Green eyes, perfect skin, nice smile”, he pictured her, “dark brown hair”.

“Brown hair?” Clark wondered, “But aren’t all of the Queens are all blondes?”

“She isn’t one of the Queens”, Lex explained. “She is a friend of Chloe’s from school, but she is living with them for the moment”.

“Oh”, Clark seemed to consider this for a moment. “Look Lex, you know that I don’t normally pry into your love life but …”

Lex snorted, “Other than disapproving looks whenever you find about one of my one night stands”.

“I try not to be judgemental”, Clark said, looking more than a little guilty.

“I know that you do”, Lex smiled. It had always impressed him that in spite of the fact that Clark’s moral standards were so high that everyone constantly let him down, he always tried to see the best in people and give them a chance. He had never been trying to be less judgmental in recent years. Lex shook his head, “And you were right”.

Clark tried to find the right words, he knew that Lex had been really working on being a better person for just over a year now and he didn’t want to throw that back in his face. “You have cut down in the last year, that is why I am surprised that you would choose now to indulge”.

“Stress relief”, Lex joked. “And I didn’t cut down, I cut out.”

Clark looked completely shocked. He had known Lex for almost five years now and had never thought that he could go that long celibate.

“I started talking to someone who really … I was going to say inspired, but honestly kicked my ass at verbal judo would be more like it. I decided that I didn’t want to be, how did she put it again? Ah yes, a man whore”, Lex explained.

Clark spluttered, trying to imagine a girl saying those things to Lex Luthor and wondered whether this Lana girl was the one he was referring to. If she was, then she probably deserved him, and he really did want to see his friend happy. But still, he had to check. “Even if she isn’t technically a Queen, isn’t Lana still too close? Isn’t there a safer option?”

Lex shook his head as he picked up his iPad to check his schedule once more and smiled at the picture on the screen, “Believe me, Lana is the safe option”.

Grinning up at him from the screen was a picture of Chloe Queen, a blob of chocolate ice cream on her nose clearly from the enormous dessert in her hand. It was from about a year and a half ago, before she had lost her puppy fat and got new clothes but she still looked gorgeous to him. He had seen that photo, it had been leaked into the press and on the day that Lex had seen it, he knew that he had to get to know that woman, but now he was in too deep. He had to find a way to be in her life, without risking losing himself … that was where Lana came in.

~*~

“Oh my God, I don’t believe it! A Luthor car just drove up the road outside the security team which the Queens ordered especially for this party came out there was a huge argument where security said that they weren’t allowed into the party but it turns out that they weren’t trying to get into the party, they were visiting someone further down the road and were furious that the Queens and their party is taking over everything. The argument became even more heated when it became known that the Luthor car didn’t even contain a Luthor but a friend of the family’s, Clark Kent, who suggested taking legal action against the Luthors over the issue.”

“As if things couldn’t get any juicer, even more Queen security came out and there was a lot of shouting … although I couldn’t hear what about exactly as we were removed but still, good gossip!”

~*~

Lex grinned as he lowered himself over the wall and climbed down, jumping the final couple of feet before straightening his costume and mask. Considering that he was supposed to be hiding his identity, maybe Alexander the Great wasn’t the best idea but he couldn’t help it, but it was either that or Warrior Angel.

He looked around the small walled garden he found himself in. He had to admit that the Queen’s had good taste even if their security was laughable. He had been able to gain access to their grounds with surprizing ease, it had only taken a minor distraction. As amusing as part of him found it, he would have to tell Oliver about it, the idea that anyone could just walk in on Chloe was simply unacceptable.

“Speak of the angel”, he muttered as he saw a vision in purple breezing into the private garden. “So much for keeping my distance”.

She was wearing her mask but he could still tell that it was her. She had not chosen a violet or a lilac but a deep, rich purple, the kind that should be reserved for royalty – and so was apt for Chloe, in his opinion. Her dress was long and flowing, giving the impression that she was floating as she walked. She looked ethereal but also damned sexy. From his position he could only see her back, but that was enough.

The halter neck exposed her back and the dress clung to her hips and behind, highlighting the curves there. Lex licked his, suddenly dry, lips, expecting to see another man following her out there any moment. That is what he would have done, hell it was what any man with an ounce of testosterone would have done. Even without the backless dress there was the mass of golden curls that deserved to have a man’s fingers running through them.

She was still facing away from him, now standing in front of the fountain and Lex was just debating whether he should sneak passed her and go on with his plan, or give into his instincts and go over and talk to her.

“Argh! I hate everyone!” She growled.

Lex smirked; he had had days like that and figured that the only gentlemanly thing to do under the circumstances was to offer her a sympathetic ear … conveniently located near a strong shoulder.

“Grrrr!” She made another noise of annoyance before Lex could do anything, and turned slightly sitting down on the stone rim of the fountain hiking up her skirt pulling off her stilettos so that she could dunk her feet into the fountain.

The noise she made as she did so caused Lex to have some very inappropriate thoughts.

“Ah that’s better”, she sighed and lay back against the bench breathing deeply.

Lex took in the long smooth pale flesh that was on offer to his hungry gaze, he could see right up to her mid thighs. Damn, he wasn’t usually affected so quickly or so easily by just a little bit of skin. She must have had her eyes closed behind her mask as Lex moved forwards a few paces and surveyed her without her noticing. The front of the dress was tight and low cut with flecks of other colours in it.

Chloe tried to relax but was finding it hard, she lifted her head slightly and undid her butterfly mask and tossed it to the side.

She hated the entire world. The media and been a complete pain in her arse today, even worse than usual. She knew that she shouldn’t care what they said, and she didn’t most of the time but she hated it when they discussed her relationship with the Queens. Robert Queen had been a fantastic father to her and she hated the idea that people would speak about him disparagingly. It also annoyed her that people like that were allowed to call themselves reporters when they really couldn’t find out the most basic information. She had known the truth about her paternity since she was eight years old when she had hacked into some computers, but no one ever called her a reporter, or at least not without adding ‘who’s a cute little’ in a very condescending manner before it.

It was all so ridiculous. The party had not succeeded in raising her spirits either. Generally she did not really like parties; they annoyed her. There were far too many people there and she didn’t know half of them and had no desire to know the other half. To her way of thinking, it should be called a business meeting rather than a party if you didn’t like most of the people there, the music sucked and she had seen no cake. That was right, she still liked cake! People telling her how pretty she was now that she had lost weight and that she would soon have a boyfriend didn’t help either.

Stupidly, she now realised, she had thought that she would go over and spend some time with one of her best friends to get her mind of things but Lana had just been trying to force her into the path of wealthy men, especially Jason Teague. Chloe tried not to blame Lana, she knew that she was just trying to make Ollie happy which wasn’t too surprising as he was the one who had paid for her schooling and was letting her live with them rent free for a while.

Chloe had gone over to Ollie to see if he could call Lana off, but she had found him making out with her cousin Lois – who she had discovered a few years ago, though her ‘who’s a little reporter’ skills. So much for always acting responsibly. She wasn’t sure whether she was more angry with Oliver for his double standards or with Lois for not telling her.

She had then had Jason at her elbow all night long. He was a nice guy but she had no idea where he had got the notion that there was something going on between them from or that she would ever consider going out with him. The only really good point about being around him was that when she was, other men didn’t bother her - something they seemed to have taken to doing ever since she had lost a few pounds. She wouldn’t have minded quite so much if they had had anything of interest to say.

Lex felt his breath getting caught in his chest as he saw her face. She looked almost peaceful as she laid there with her eyes closed for a few minutes, until she scowled and he decided that she was the cutest thing that he had ever seen.

“Where is Warrior Angel when you need him?” Chloe wondered out loud, thinking that she was still alone.

“Probably off saving someone’s life, that is the only reason why I can think that he would stand up someone who looks like you”, Lex offered.

Chloe’s eyes flew open and she sat up.

“I’m Alexander the Great, if that helps”, he offered.

At first, she looked embarrassed at having been discovered laying around outside when she should have been inside schmoozing but then just raised an eyebrow and lay back down, saying, “If you are going to try to sneak into a party unnoticed then you should probably do something about the bald head, it is a dead giveaway Lex Luthor”. She pretended to think for a few moments before suggesting, “Maybe a nice toupee?”

He grinned, “Thanks for the tip. That’s the thanks I get for trying to help, or don’t you believe that Luthor’s are capable of trying to help?”

She gave a shrug, “I believe it. I have done some research on the entire Luthor family but most especially you . I know that you aren’t as bad ass as you try to make out”.

“Oh, you know that do you?” He teased her, trying to act as if her words were somehow offensive to him.

“Yes”, she said with an emphatic little nod.

“I’m flattered”.

“Oh, don’t be. I like researching things so you are nothing special, and the fact that I don’t believe that you are evil doesn’t mean that you are welcome here or that I don’t believe that you might be a complete jackass”, Chloe tried to cover.

He smiled as he sat down next to her. “First honest opinion I have got from a woman in years, they normally just say that I am sexy”. Not that that was something he was opposed to hearing.

Chloe opened her eyes and studied him for a minute before saying, “You look good on TV but you need to take your mask off to give me a proper look”.

With a slight smile and a shake of his head Lex did as she requested; he removed the pretentious gold mask and tossed it down next to hers. “So, your honest opinion is …”

“You don’t want to know”, she said lying back down and shutting her eyes again.

“Oh, I really think that I do. Come on, I can take it”, he encouraged her.

“You are very good looking, I think that it is probably a good thing that you lost all of those carrot top curls, bald suits you and the camera does not do you justice”, Chloe tried not to let any of the feelings which were coursing through her show.

“Now why would you think that I wouldn’t want to hear something like that?” He asked.

“Because now you will never get into the party; your head will never fit through the door. It is already rather large, you know”, she stated without malice.

He smiled. “So are you going to tell me why you were waiting for Warrior Angel? As far as I know, legendary but entirely fictitious superheroes are not usually seen in the Metropolis area”.

“He’s my friend”, Chloe said with a shrug, “and the biggest Warrior Angel fan alive, not the actual hero. And I was just hoping that he might magically turn up and save me from yet another boring evening”.

“Well, I will debate whether he is in fact that biggest Warrior Angel fan in the world a little later, but does he often save you from boring evenings?”

“Oh yes, last week I pretended to have a stomach ache and spent the entire evening in my bedroom talking to him rather than at the party”, she announced, rather pleased with the turn of events of the week before.

“And your brother allowed him in your room?” Lex asked incredulously, wondering if she had been deliberately misleading him or just hadn’t thought to mention that her friend was of the virtual variety.

“Well, he was on the internet”, Chloe clarified the matter for him.

“Ah”, Lex said knowingly. She was an honest girl with everyone, that was good.

“But no such luck this time. Did you ever think that he might have deliberately not called you this evening as he wanted you to get out more and not spend the entire night typing to him? You could at least have spoken to him in person”, Lex pointed out.

“I don’t know him in person”, she let slip, before she realised what she had said.

“You don’t actually know the person to whom you would rather type than spend time at what I have been assured is in fact the party of the year? Someone who likes Warrior Angel? Are you sure that he is not a rapist? You know that happens on the internet. Or considering the Warrior Angel thing, a ten year old?” He asked, for the first time realising that he was actually quite annoyed with her for just starting up a friendship with someone she only knew from online. As far as she knew, Warrior Angel could be anyone!

“It is really none of your business”, Chloe huffed, not wanting to acknowledge the potential truth of his statement. She didn’t believe that he could be a child based on his knowledge and the depth of their discussions but it was difficult having such a close relationship with someone she had never actually met.

“No, it probably isn’t but you are only just out of High School and being a full four years older than you I am clearly an adult and when informed of things like this I really must go and tell the person responsible for your safety and internet connection, in this case your brother”, he got up as if to leave.

“No, don’t’”, she protested, grabbing his wrist before he could take a step.

“I don’t know”, he said thoughtfully, “it really is my responsibility”.

“No, it isn’t”, she argued, her grip on his arm tightening significantly.

“Well”, he said relaxing back onto his seat, trying to ignore how strong her fingers were, “I might need some convincing”.

“Convincing?”

“Well, if the party is as boring as you tell it is, then I will probably need some entertaining. If you sat here and talked to me then I might forget all about telling your brother”, he offered.

“That is blackmail!” Chloe exclaimed, noticing how firm his bicep felt beneath her touch.

“That is a good deal considering how angry your brother is going to be”, he looked at her pointedly with his best boardroom face.

“You’re bluffing”, she reluctantly let go of his arm. “Go and tell him, he’ll never believe you!”

“Now who’s bluffing? He will lock you up until you are thirty and we both know it. Honestly, talking to me is your best option”, he didn’t both to hide his smug smile.

“You know, some people have conversations with people who they are not blackmailing. Is this the only way that you can get someone to talk to you?” She gave him her snarkiest attitude, knowing that she was backed into a corner.

He smiled, noticing that she hasn’t actually got up to leave. “No, loads of women are falling over themselves to talk to me. “

“Only interested in your money?”

“No, a lot are also interested in my dick”, Lex informed her conversationally.

Chloe coughed, spluttered and sat up.

“What? It’s a nice dick. Very well proportioned and I know what to do with it”, Lex continued, enjoying the way that her cheeks flushed. “Oh, I’m sorry. Am I offending your delicate ladylike sensibilities?” He inquired, and waited for her reaction.

“No!” She protested.

“Are you sure? Do you want me to go and get Oliver?”

“No!”

“Alright”, he looked at her. “So, being as this is the party of the year, what are you doing out here all by yourself?” He ignored the fact that he was there with her for the moment as that hadn’t been her intention.

“Everyone appears to have taken their stupid pills all at once today”, she informed him acidly, realising that she wasn’t going to get out of this conversation anytime soon and oddly enough finding that she didn’t want to. He was interesting and compelling, even if he was annoying.

“Ah, I’ve had days like that myself”, he nodded knowingly.

“From what I have heard today has been one of those days for you. You stormed out of the meeting without getting anywhere”, Chloe said.

“Did you hear that on Gossip TV?” He wondered, she didn’t seem like the type to watch that show and he really hoped that she hadn’t seen what that particular channel had been saying about her that day.

“Oliver”.

Lex nodded. “Yes, well at least my day is getting significantly better. What was it exactly that someone did, want me to go and talk to someone?”

“Thank-you for the offer, but I don’t think that that would help”, she declined. “No one has done anything malicious”, she didn’t know why she was telling him any of this, but she couldn’t stop herself. She felt comfortable around him, just like she felt with Warrior Angel. “They are just being complete pains. Everyone wants me to get married or at least get a boyfriend but there is no one I really like. I suppose that I could just choose one and get it over with, but I really don’t want to have a relationship based on nothing but appearances”.

He nodded thoughtfully, “I imagine that must be annoying”. He debated whether the gentlemanly thing to do in such a situation was to offer to be that boyfriend, you know, just to make things easier for her.

“Yeah, and it really sucks because they were being so annoying that I had to come out here to be alone and take off my shoes that were killing me – which I am only wearing so that I am tall enough to get a boyfriend - so I am missing all of the dancing to boot”, she continued to complain as she wiggled her toes, which were feeling a lot better now.

Lex grinned. “You like dancing?”

“Love it”, Chloe replied with a far off smile, clearly imagining herself dancing.

“Well, I doubt that the right partner would have stopped your feet hurting”, he said, wondering why she needed to wear high heels, “but there is no reason why you have to give up on the dancing completely”.

She raised an eyebrow at him as he stood up and held out a hand to her. “Are you being serious?”

“Of course, it is warm and clean enough out here that you don’t have to worry about being bare foot and we can still hear the music softly. So, Chloe Queen, would you like to dance with me? I won’t tell on you either way”, he assured her.

She smiled. “I would love to, although you should know that just because I like dancing that doesn’t mean that I am any good at it”.

Chloe took his hand as she lifted her feet out of the water and shook them before swinging them over onto the other side before realising just how much of her legs were on display. She blushed and pulled down the dress, as Lex tried to be a gentleman and pretend not to notice – pointedly, keeping hold of her taper fingers.

“It doesn’t matter if you are any good or not, I have shoes and you don’t, besides I have tough toes”, he smiled.

“Well, let’s test just how tough those Luthor toes really are then”, she allowed herself to be led into the centre of the patio, thankful that there was no way that they couldn’t be seen from the house. Lex pulled her gently into his arms and began to sway to the music which was drifting to them from the party, it wasn’t particularly good but Lex forgot that as he felt the smooth stretch of skin beneath his hand which was placed on her lower back.

As the minutes passed and he gauged her level of ability he began to ease into the dance and stop worrying about her level of competence, she was perfectly good at this. Chloe relaxed as they swayed together, she was dancing better than she had ever thought capable; Lex made her feel safe and secure and like he wouldn’t make fun of her if she did something wrong and because she wasn’t constantly afraid of making a fool of herself … she didn’t.

“Doesn’t look like I need tough toes after all”, he murmured.

“Last time I stepped on someone’s foot”, Chloe told him, just so that he wouldn’t think that she was being coy before.

“His foot was in the wrong place”, Lex answered as he rested his head on top of hers. She didn’t need heels, she was the perfect height.

“How do you know that it was his fault?” She wondered.

“A gentleman always takes the blame in dancing as in most of life”, Lex explained in a supercilious tone which caused Chloe to giggle before being silent for a moment. Lex felt himself get excited stupidly, wondering what she was going to say next like when they were having a really good debate about something online.

“So this”, she deliberately placed her foot on top of his lightly, “is entirely your fault?”

“Entirely, this too”, Lex took a large step to the side pulling Chloe off balance and then dipping her, his strength the only thing keeping her up. He bent over her so that their lips were only a few centimetres apart and Chloe panicked, rather obviously.

“Sorry”, Lex said as he righted her immediately but did not let her go. He tried to brush passed the problem as he kept them dancing and explained, “I didn’t know that you were that innocent”. It was true, she had never spoken to Warrior Angel about that before, only that the one time that she had been in love, it hadn’t been returned.

“I’m not”, she protested.

“Yes, you are”, he told her smugly, but then added, “It is nothing to be embarrassed about”.

“I’m not”, another clear lie.

“Well, you know if this is a problem for you, then I will of course do the gentlemanly thing and offer to be your first”.

TrinityR
28th April 2013, 11:42
YOu're killing me with HOW GREAT THIS STORY ISS!!!
Your first? What? It’s a nice dick. Very well proportioned and I know what to do with it... - Is that really R Rated?:D

I LOVE IT!! And I can't wait for more!

HotCrossedBunny
28th April 2013, 16:41
Glad that you are still liking it.

Your first kiss. And he was only referring to these things, not doing it so yes I think that it is R. But you never know with these things.

I am starting work on the next chapter after looking at dresses.

TrinityR
28th April 2013, 16:52
Glad that you are still liking it.

Your first kiss. And he was only referring to these things, not doing it so yes I think that it is R. But you never know with these things.

I am starting work on the next chapter after looking at dresses.

Oh,.... a kiss? Either I didn't catch that or I'm way beyond thinking that "your first" might've meant kiss lol

hfce
28th April 2013, 17:05
I am loving this story more please. :)

HotCrossedBunny
28th April 2013, 22:21
*Chapter Three*

“Good morning viewers, this is your roaming reporter Wilhelmina S. Hake-Piers once again going to great lengths to provide you with the most up to date information and juiciest gossip. As anyone who watched the show last night knows, we did not get to see all of the arrivals as we were removed after the Luthor Queen kafuffle, the reason for which is still not completely clear. What we do know is that no Luthor entered the party and oddly enough according to inside sources, neither did Chloe Queen.”

“Although the Queens, like the Luthors and Teagues, are famous for their distain of the media not all of the guests were so haughty. Many of them think that you deserve to know the truth. We were informed that Miss Queen did arrive at the party in a ravishing dress of deepest purple flecked with other colours and a butterfly mask which did as little to hide her identity as her dress did her figure. She stayed to make small talk with several of the guests, mostly her friend Lana, but most of her time at the party was spent with her beau Jason Teague – many people said that they looked very much in love. The young Teague quite hangs upon her every word and a girl of Chloe’s inexperience could do little else but fall for a man like that. Then she left – although not with Teague, as was first thought.”

“For those of you who regularly tune in, you will know that Miss Chloe Queen’s tendency to disappear has been well documented – last week she left a gathering after only a few minutes, although that was due to a stomach ache – but we do not know what caused her escape last night. It has been suggested that she and Jason had some sort of argument as he did spend most of the evening looking for her. Was it a simple lover’s tiff? Is there someone else in the picture? Or is there something more sinister to Chloe’s disappearance? Could it be linked to her sudden weight loss? We want to hear from you! What do you think?”

“The other shocking turn of events last night was Oliver Queen’s choice of date, friend of Chloe’s Lois Lane. Is it possible that that was the reason that Chloe left the party? It would not be strange that the young Queen was offended that someone she considered to be her friend – even if she is a little brash – would go after her brother. She can hardly be the kind of woman that Chloe would want to see with her older brother.”

“We will continue to bring you the news as it happens”.

~*~

Chloe skipped into her bedroom and twirled around, delighting in the way that her dress swirled around and didn’t even care that it showed her thighs. She didn’t feel fat, she felt light and gorgeous and dare she even think it … sexy!

She had had the best night of her entire life, and she had some quite brilliant nights especially since she had started speaking to Warrior Angel but this had been even better.

Normally the first thing that she would do when she got in was run to her computer to see if she had got a message from the big WA, but now she was content just to think about Lex for a few minutes longer.

She raised her finger tips to her lips and grinned, logically she knew that it must just be her imagination but she swore that she could still feel them tingling. Her checks burned as she remembered it, although oddly enough she had not felt the slightest embarrassment when she had actually been in his arms.

All of these years she had ruthlessly mocked all of those stupid sappy girls who had swooned over boys and read romance novels and thought that their hearts would explode just from one brief brush against their lips … and she probably still would, but deep down she knew that she was one those girls.

Lex Luthor was lovely. Sarcastic. Cocky. Suave. Fantastic.

Chloe would remember their night together for the rest of her life.

“Well, you know if this is a problem for you, then I will of course do the gentlemanly thing and offer to be your first”.

“What?!” Chloe exclaimed.

“Your first kiss I mean, not first anything else. Well, after the first kiss you will definitely want me to be your first something else too, but I was just talking about kissing”, he smirked at her.

“Right, well I don’t want you to be my first kiss or anything else for that matter. I just came here tonight to … well, honestly to be bored. But not to kiss. Definitely not to kiss”, she said as he pulled her even closer until their lips were mere centimetres away from each other.

“No, defiantly not to kiss”, he placed her hand that he was holding on his shoulder before trailing his own along her arm and up to cradle her neck.

“Lex”, she breathed his name.

“Chloe”, he murmured, staring at her. “Forgive me for my impertinence; I can only blame your eyes”. His lips closed over hers.

Chloe fell back onto her bed giggling madly and kicking her feet with excitement. Her body was a hum with electricity as she remembered their time together. She wanted to sing and laugh and shout all at the same time. She didn’t know how it was possible to feel so much for someone so fast, she knew that these emotions couldn’t be real and yet they had bowled her over.

They had only been separated for half an hour but she already missed him, this was ridiculous.

With a stupid grin on her face she bounced up and over to her laptop, turning it on and wanting to see if Warrior Angel was there. He was the only person with whom she could speak frankly about all of her feelings and know that she wouldn’t be judged for loving a Luthor.

She turned on her instant messenger and beamed as she saw that the light next to his name was green.

Watchtower: Hey, are you there?

WarriorAngel: Yes, I’m here. Dare I ask what you are doing up so early? Or is this late?

Watchtower: I haven’t been to bed yet.

WarriorAngel: Naughty girl! For fun reasons I hope.

Watchtower: Absolutely. Remember that party I told you about?

WarriorAngel: Sure, the one you didn’t want to go to.

Watchtower: Yeah.

WarriorAngel: Did you have a good time?

Watchtower: Yes, in fact, I think that I might have met someone.

WarriorAngel: Wow, that was fast!

Watchtower: I know. If someone else had told me that they had met someone and that they already had such strong feelings for them and that they felt like they had known them for their entire life then I would tell them to stop being so stupid. Are you going to tell me to stop being so stupid?

WarriorAngel: Maybe, it depends on who you tell me this guy is. If you are going to say that you have suddenly started seeing Jason Teague in a new life then not only will I tell you to stop being so stupid, I’ll call you a therapist myself.

Watchtower: Ha ha, very funny.

WarriorAngel: So, are you going to tell me?

Watchtower: Maybe.

WarriorAngel: Come on, don’t play coy. We both know that you want to tell me. That is why you came online when you are supposed to be in bed asleep, because you need to talk about it.

Watchtower: True.

WarriorAngel: So …

Watchtower: So …

WarriorAngel: Come on, tell me who the mystery guy is.

Watchtower: This is ridiculous! You are quite right, I came on here because I knew that you were the only person to whom I could talk about this and here I am, blushing like a school girl, and unable to tell you.

WarriorAngel: You know that you can tell me anything.

Watchtower: Okay, here it goes. On the count of three. One. Two. Three. It’s Clark Kent!

WarriorAngel: What the fuck?!?!

Watchtower: Clark Kent. Have you never heard of him?

WarriorAngel: Yes, I’ve heard of him but I have no idea how the hell you have. You aren’t supposed to know him.

Watchtower: What are you talking about? Why are you getting so upset about this? I thought that you would be happy for me, knowing that I had finally found love.

WarriorAngel: Explain to me how this happened.

Watchtower: Well, I was just there at the party and there was this commotion outside and I went out to see what was happening and I saw him and it was love at first sight.

WarriorAngel: You weren’t in that part of the party when the commotion happened.

Watchtower: I wasn’t? Really, that is rather interesting seeing as we have never told each other our names and you don’t know who I am, let alone where I was during the party.

WarriorAngel: You know, don’t you?

Watchtower: Know what, Lex?

WarriorAngel: How long have you known?

Watchtower: I had my suspicions when I found out that Lex Luthor was a huge fan of Warrior Angel when I was doing my research on him – research which you suggested, I might add. But then I thought that that was too obvious and that this great guy who I had been speaking to all of this time couldn’t possibly he related to Lex Luthor.

WarriorAngel: Touché.

Watchtower: So, was this all just some big hoax?

WarriorAngel: No, of course not. Look Chloe the truth is … wait, I want to do this face to face or at least as face to face as we can at the moment.

Chloe’s screen was suddenly filled with Lex’s face as he turned on his webcam. He looked really good. Really, really good! And serious.

“Chloe, sweetheart none of this was a hoax, you have to believe me. You can’t possibly think that every conversation we have had over the course was a hoax or part of some great evil Luthor scheme”, he sounded sincere, and he looked it too.

Watchtower: It does seem a little bit extreme.

He smiled. “Look, I’m sorry that I went about things in the way that I did, but I couldn’t just come up to the Queen mansion and ask for your telephone number and then call you at school and say, “Hey, I just saw your picture in the newspaper and thought that you were the most beautiful girl that I had ever seen and with the light and intelligence in your eyes so I wanted to get to know you.” That would never have worked”.

Watchtower: No, probably not.

“So, I did the only thing that I could think of. I invented a pen pal program with your school and made sure that I was your pen pal so that I could get to know you. I thought that that might be enough, that getting to know you and typing to you sometimes would be enough and that I would get you out of my system – to be honest, initially I was hoping that you would be a disappointment but you weren’t. It got to the point where talking to you was the highlight of my day, I really wanted to speak to you face to face but I knew that you would never just strike up a friendship with a Luthor.

Watchtower: So you suggested that I researched you so that I would know that you aren’t pure evil.

“Exactly”, Lex nodded. “I just wanted to get to know you, in real life as well as over the computer”.

Watchtower: So tonight was all planned?

“No. Well, yes it was planned but not the way that it all turned out and I can’t tell you how glad I am for that”, he shook his head as he thought of how he had been planning on spending his evening.

Watchtower: Explain, please! Now!

“Please don’t hate me, or turn off the computer and storm off because if you do I swear that I will come over there, your brother be damned. Do you promise?”

Watchtower: Yes, I promise although you are making me very nervous.

“I was getting really attached to you through our email correspondence. I was thinking about you more and more every day and desperate for every bit of news I could get about you. You probably noticed that our emails trailed off for about a week a couple of months ago when I tried to convince myself that I could go cold turkey, but it didn’t work. I knew that I needed to have you in my life, really in my life. But the idea of you, the real you, in my life as a girlfriend well”, he looked uncomfortable.

Watchtower: Tell me the truth Luthor, or I am turning you off and going to bed.

“I couldn’t bare it. I have never been in love before you and I didn’t know how to handle it. I thought that if I went to the party and flirted with Lana I could go out on a few dates with her”, he pulled a face, “and then it wouldn’t work out but by that time I would be in your life but be safe as you would never see me as more than a friend”.

Watchtower: That seems like a stupid plan.

“Yeah”, he admitted with a rueful smile. “Look, you know how this night went, and I have opened myself up a lot more than any Luthor ever should so I would like to see your face now”.

Watchtower: What’s the magic word?

“I thought that I had already used it. Now!”

Watchtower: Um, no. Goodnight.

“No, alright I’ll say it. Please. Please Chloe sweetheart, turn on your webcam and let me see your pretty face”, there was a note of desperation in his voice which he hated.

Watchtower: I don’t have one.

He smirked, “Chloe”, his voice was low. “Don’t lie to me. I can turn it on remotely from here if you would prefer …”

Watchtower: Gosh Luthor, learn to take a joke.

Chloe clicked the appropriate button and her face filled his screen.

Lex grinned at her. “You’re gorgeous”.

“Now who’s lying”, she teased, she knew that she looked knackered; it was 4am for goodness sake.

“Still you. Look darling, I am sorry for the way I went about things but not for how things ended up. I know you better than anyone else in the world Chloe, even if I only officially met you this evening and I love you”, he said certainly.

“Sappy bugger”, she said but her face told how touched she was.

“I want, no, strike that. I will make this work between us Chloe”, he announced.

“I don’t get a say in that matter?” She wondered, raising an eyebrow.

“Sure you do, just tell me that you don’t love me back”, he sounded certain but she saw the flicker in his eyes.

“I love you too, you know that I do. And you are right. We will make this work!”

The grin which suffused Lex face made him look like a child - with no hair –; he was so happy. He stared at her image intently. “As much as I hate to say this, I think that you should go to bed now. You were talking to me at 5am yesterday morning which means that you have been awake for 23 hours straight and you look like you can barely keep your eyes open”.

“You must have been awake for the same length of time”, Chloe pointed out.

“Yes, but being been exposed to meteor rocks at such a young age has meant that along with no hair, an advanced white blood cell count, and a higher IQ, I only require 2 hours sleep per night to function perfectly”, he wasn’t bragging exactly.

“Lucky you”, Chloe did have a little yawn.

“Go to bed sweetheart, I will give you my cell number and you can call me anytime you want when you wake up”

“Alright. Good night, I love you”.

“I love you too. Sweet dreams … of me preferably”.

~*~

“I don’t believe this”, Oliver shouted.

“Why don’t you just try to calm down, Ollie. Chloe is a smart girl. I don’t even know why you are spying on her”, Lois tried to pacify him.

“I didn’t want to spy on her. I didn’t put any spyware on her PC, and if I had then she would have found out about it. I found out about this when …” he looked over at Lois and saw the look on her face and stopped. She was Chloe’s cousin and he couldn’t tell her that Lana had gone into Chloe’s room without her noticing because she was worried about her and overheard her talking to Lex Luthor. “I found out about this some other way”.

“Very helpful, Ollie”, Lois snorted.

“I don’t care. I don’t care if you are mad at me. I don’t care if Chloe is mad at me. I’ll kill him, if he has tried to take advantage of my baby sister”, he went off onto a tirade.

Unfortunately Oliver had not bothered to send his minions out of the room whilst he did this and so some of the decided to take it upon themselves to go and find Lex Luthor, it didn’t take them long.

Lex was strolling out of LuthorCorp with Clark when Victor and some of the other Oliver League – as they had taken to calling themselves – found him.

“Hey Luthor, what the fuck do you think that you were doing taking advantage of Chloe?” Victor demanded.

The billionaire rolled his eyes and turned away, he didn’t know how they had found out about his relationship with Chloe but it didn’t matter. Sooner or later everyone would know the truth and he would deal with their anger as it came.

“Calm down Victor, I’m not going to fight you or hurt Chloe so fuck off”, he said, he got only a few steps before he heard a scuffle and the sound of someone falling to the floor. He turned around to see Clark, lying on the floor with Victor about to kick in the head. Lex reacted without thinking.

~*~

“And today in the most shocking piece of news, Lex Luthor has been accused of, and I quote ‘ending a man’s life’”.

TrinityR
29th April 2013, 15:41
Oh... my... don';t do it, don't break my heart! Don't put him in jail!!
I have no idea how you managed to fit this perfectly into R&J, I'm really impressed and angry, because there are not enough comments in here. Hopefully, people will wake up soon and leave you a feedback and hopefully you won't stop writing.
LOVED the chapter!!
Can't wait for more

HotCrossedBunny
29th April 2013, 16:58
Hello TrinityR! Don't worry I love you way too much to do that to you. I can't risk alienating my best reviewer now can I?

Yeah, I'm a bit angry about that too! I won't stop writing ... I might just start posting them only to you by PM though.

More coming NOW!

HotCrossedBunny
29th April 2013, 17:00
*Chapter Four*

“You heard right, the infamous Lex Luthor has been accused of ending a man’s life. The young Victor Stone, who before today was best known for being a friend of Oliver Queen , was also an aspiring male model until this morning when he attacked one Clark Kent – a friend of Mr Luthor’s. The Luthor scion jumped into the fray, valiantly defending Mr Kent who had been knocked to the floor and broking Mr Stone’s nose in the process, effectively ending his modelling career. Whilst people have talked about the possibility of reconstructive surgery and the miracles it can now perform, it will be too late for him to take part in fashion week this year which was supposed to be his big break”.

“Here is a collection of images for your perusal from our archives. Rather nice looking wasn’t he? Here is what he looks like after the attack. Not quite so pretty is he?”

“Whilst we deploy the fact that such a beautiful young man has been – possibly permentant – uglified, we can only salute Mr Luthor for jumping to his friend’s defence the way that he did. Rumours abound as to what caused the fight and talk of problems with the merger has been rife but thanks to one of our loyal viewers - who just happened to be nearby when it happened - and the low quality cell phone recording on which the whole escapade was captured there is a new theory, exclusive to this station. Our experts have analysed the recording and replayed it well over one hundred times and we can now positively state that one name was repeated several times … Chloe Queen”.

“It is at this point that we remember that Clark Kent was the one who caused the ruckus last night near the Queen Estate and that Chloe did disappear soon after that. It is too early to say for sure what happened, but I sense that l’amor is in the air … and I am never wrong!”

~*~

Lex got back to his mansion and barked at the servant who came scurrying up to him that he didn’t want to hear it and that he was going to his study and he didn’t want to be disturbed even if the bloody house was burning down.

He had had an awful day!

It had started out with such promise, Chloe had said that she loved him and he had given her his number and gone to bed to get a few hours’ sleep with the expectation of finding that she had called him not long after waking. When she hadn’t, he had tried to convince himself that it was no big deal. After all, she needed far more sleep than he did. She probably wasn’t even awake yet.

That had been the logic that had got him through the first few business meetings and which he had tried to keep repeating to himself as he left the LuthorCorp building for a break, however that bubble had burst after the incident with Victor Stone.

Lex gritted his teeth. For the first time in his life he had tried to do the right thing, he had tried to walk away rather than getting into the fight and he had done it all for Chloe but that fucking bastard had made him respond; he couldn’t very well stand by and watch his friend getting beaten up. It wasn’t even as if it had been a fair fight, Lex didn’t know how Victor had got Clark done on the ground but he was willing to bet that it hadn’t been as the result of a face to face hit as Clark was rather handy with his fists. Then, the bastard had been aiming to kick him in the head while he was down, a move which could quite easily have killed Clark, or at least left him with severe brain damage. Lex had only punched Victor on the nose; really there was no need for the git to even have mentioned it. But oh no, Stone had gone straight to the press claiming that Lex had ended his life. Melodramatic twit!

What was worse, Lex had realised as he had been wiping the blood of his knuckles, was that this meant that they all knew about Chloe and him which meant that Chloe was awake and she hadn’t called him.

He had spent the better part of an hour telling himself that if she didn’t want to talk to him then that was just fine. He had lived without her for 20 years, he could live the next 20 without her just as easily. And that is what he would do. He wasn’t going to call her seeming weak and needy, it was much better to just live alone. Yes, that was what he was going to do. He was just going to forget all about her and continue to live his life. He broke down and called her several … okay, ten times asking if she was alright and trying to explain that Victor had forced him into punching him and that he hadn’t sought the fight and that he loved her.

Lex glanced down at his phone again and noticed that there was still no message from Chloe, not even one to tell him not to bother calling her anymore.

He sighed as he poured himself an enormous scotch. He deserved after what he had been through. Not only had he possibly lost the love of his life, after less than one day, punched someone on the nose and had a mountain of paper work to get through, he had spent the better part of the afternoon with one eye on the vapid reporter on gossip TV to see if they had seen Chloe. No such luck. His IQ had probably dropped several points just from watching that show, and all for nothing. They had succeeded in making him angry by bandying about her name, without ever actually saying anything.

“If you think that you are going to drink that filthy stuff, you have another thing coming”, a voice from behind him said.

Lex whirled around and his face broke into a grin as he put down his scotch. “Chloe”, he exclaimed.

“Hello Lex”, Chloe said standing up. She had made herself at home on his settee where she had been waiting for him for over an hour but now that he was there and looking at her she felt a little awkward. She hadn’t actually been invited over after all, but he was smiling so he couldn’t be all that angry about it. “Is it alright that I am here? Didn’t your maid tell you?” She asked hesitantly.

“Are you kidding? It’s great that you are here and no, she didn’t tell me because I sent her away”, he was at her side in a minute and embraced her. “I’ve been so worried about you. I sent you a message”.

“Ten”, Chloe corrected with a smile, as she wrapped her arms around him tightly. “I woke up late and saw that you had sent me loads of messages. I wanted to reply but I wasn’t sure how, then I turned the TV on. I almost died when they said that you had ended someone’s life, that commercial break was the longest of my life until they came back and explained that he was just being melodramatic. I wanted to call you, but I didn’t know what to say … so I came to see you”. She rested her head on his strong chest, enjoying the warmth of his body as he cocooned her. It reminded her that he was there with her and that he wasn’t hurt or dead in a ditch somewhere.

“I’m so glad that you are here”, he stroked her back.

“Is your hand alright?” Chloe asked, not ready to let him go yet.

“Yeah, it’s fine”, Lex said, noticing that she hadn’t asked who had started it. “I didn’t …”

“I know”, she assured him. “When I heard that you had punched him, I assumed that you had been provoked. A supposition that was confirmed when I left my bedroom and was on the upstairs landing when Oliver found out the news, he could be heard clearly all of the way through the foyer. He was ranting and raving so terribly when he found out about it”.

“He thinks that I attacked one of his friends?” Lex asked with a groan, he was supposed to be trying to make peace with the Queen family, not making them hate him even more.

“No, he knows what really happened”, Chloe said as she breathed in deeply. Real life Lex was far better than virtual Warrior Angel, he was warm and snuggly and more importantly of all he smelled really really good. She was just musing upon this when she remembered that she was supposed to be supplying the snuggly one with information, “Victor was about to seriously injure one of your friends, you were just standing up for him which is pretty impressive”, she gave him a squeeze. “Ollie was angry that Victor had caused a scene which would put my name in the news again”.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t have thought that he would like that“, Lex said smirking as he noticed Chloe sniffing him.

“They think that I am seeing your friend Clark”, Chloe laughed, as she remembered what she had seen on the so-called news programme.

“A lot of women find him attractive”, Lex said, feeling that he should say something. In truth, the idea of Chloe being with Clark, even if he knew that it wasn’t true, didn’t sit well with him.

“I think that you’ll find that most of them are just using him to get to you”, she smiled up at him. “I didn’t tell Oliver about us”, she then added, hoping that he would know that she wasn’t one of those girls who was after his money and who sought to extract a marriage proposal out of him by placing him in a compromising situation.

“I know that you didn’t”, Lex said, knowing the kind of girl Chloe really was. “But, I would be alright with it if you did”, he added after a minute.

“Really?” Chloe looked up at him curiously.

“Yes, really Chloe”, he paused, “let’s sit down”.

“Umm … okay”, she felt uncomfortable for some reason but sat down when he did, a little unhappy that this change in position meant that they were now no longer in each other’s arms.

Once they had got comfortable and he had worked out how to begin, Lex continued, “I love you and I want to have a real relationship with you. That doesn’t mean that I want us to be on the cover of magazines – although that will be unavoidable occasionally – but I want to be able to take you out, to have you over here without you feeling that you have to sneak out, which is what I am assuming that you did today, right?”

She nodded and looked a little chagrined.

“I don’t want that. Well, I mean, I do want that. I want to see you, but I don’t want us to have to keep our relationship a secret as if it is something we are ashamed of. I am prepared to go into the lion’s den, otherwise known as Oliver’s office, and tell him officially about us. That we love each other and that we are going to be together and if that means that I have to compromise on some points in business or give him some information which goes against the Luthor code then I’ll do it”, he said with feeling.

Chloe grinned at him, that was everything that she had ever wanted to hear and more. They were going to be able to be together in the open, she wasn’t going to have to hide this from her beloved family after all. Then, the report instincts kicked in. “What information?” Chloe wondered.

“Information which has always been withheld from the world at large and most especially the Queens for fear that they would use it against us. Information like”, he paused, unsure of how to continue. “Information like what really happened to your original family. How my father got my mother to elope with him.”

“Oh”, Chloe said, as questions popped into her head and multiplied so quickly that she didn’t know what to ask.

Lex looked pained for a moment as he came to the biggest sacrifice on his part, “I would even be willing to forgive Oliver for what his father did to my mother; refusing to give her the antidote to her illness which eventually took her life just because she wouldn’t marry him”. He words stuck in his throat, “Logically I know that it wasn’t Oliver’s fault but …”

Chloe placed a comforting hand on his arm. “I understand. It doesn’t matter if he is actually the one responsible, he belongs to that family. My family. And, when we are hurting we need someone to blame. I think that it is amazing that you are at least willing to try to rebuild those bridges. It is really brave of you”.

He managed a tight smile, he didn’t feel brave. He felt like a rat for dishonouring his mother’s memory by not trying to avenge her death and he told Chloe as much.

She bit her lower lip as she tried to think of what to say and do at that moment. She had never been in a situation like this before and wasn’t sure if hugging him would help so she just kept on stroking his arm. She thought of her adoptive father and divulged, having no idea whether it was the right thing to do, “I honestly don’t think that Daddy Robert would ever have done something like that”. Lex surveyed her with interest. Well he hadn’t told her to shut up, so that was a good start, better than she had been expecting.

“I don’t know how he felt about your mother after she left him but I do know that he was a good man”, she thought of all of the times that he had hugged her and told her that he loved her. A man like that wasn’t capable of just turning around and letting someone die out of spite, he just wasn’t. “I know that he had a team of the world’s best scientists working on that antidote for everything (more or less) but there were major problems with it, that was why it was abandoned. I know that everyone thinks that we have kept some for ourselves but we didn’t. That is why he died, because we don’t have it anymore. He said that it was too dangerous to be allowed to survive because someone would always be desperate enough to use it regardless of the risks and the risks were simply too terrible to be allowed”.

Lex nodded slowly, he knew that Chloe wouldn’t lie to him, that she truly believed that what she was telling him was the truth but still he wasn’t quite certain. It was always possible that someone, however smart they were, could be duped especially by someone really close to them an adoptive parent for example. He wanted to believe her, it would make life far easier, but he just couldn’t get the idea that Robert Queen had had something to do with his mother’s death out of his head.

“Lex”, she asked slowly. “I have researched what happened to my birth parents, but I never got the full story …”

He took a deep breath. She had told him everything she knew about an extremely difficult topic, he owed her the same, but first he checked, “Are you sure that you want to know? You can never un-know something”.

“I am sure”, her voice only trembled a little, “whatever it is, I have to know. And I know that you were only an infant at the time, so whatever it was I won’t blame you, you couldn’t have done anything to stop it”.

“No”, he admitted, praying that she wouldn’t hate him for this once it was all out in the open, “but I could have brought the problem to light later, and I chose not to”.

Chloe looked shocked but he continued. “Your mother, Moira Sullivan, left you when you were very young just after the meteor attack. You were a baby at the time. Your father did his best to offer you a good life and he joined LuthorCorp in Metropolis mostly because we had an excellent day care and nursery program so he could work and go to see you. Everything he did was for you. He worked like a mule, seven days a week and proved himself to be so trust worthy that he was put in charge of a special division of the plant, level 3.3”. He really wished that Chloe had let him have his drink; being drunk – or at least a little tipsy – would have made this conversation so much easier, at least for him.

“I’ve heard about that level. Some people a couple of years ago were claiming that there was a secret level in the LuthorCorp plant where scientists had performed experiments on them. There was a hullabaloo about it for a couple of weeks but then it died down when it was discovered that not only where they suffering from mental illnesses but also that the police couldn’t find this supposed part of the plant”, Chloe remembered the story which she and her family had followed avidly in the newspapers. She blushed a little as she remembered that at the time she had hoped that it was true and that the Luthors would finally get caught out.

“My father, and now I, take great pains to ensure that it can never be proven. But”, he swallowed as he realised that he was about to betray his family and company to her, “it does exist, and we are using it to experiment on meteor rocks there. Your father knew all about it and supported it. He saw the good that our inventions could do and wanted to help.”

Chloe sat stock still for a minute as she tried to process this before looking straight at him. “Please Lex, tell me what happened. I need to know what happened to my Dad”.

“There, there was an explosion. Our scientists were conducting hundreds of experiments with the meteor rocks and at some point they worked out that they hold heat very well. If they are heated to a certain temperature, they will maintain said temperature for well over a week. They were excited, thinking that they might have created a new source of renewable sustainable energy. They were so excited that they didn’t take proper precautions, they went too fast. They should have heated the rocks gently over a period of time to see what would happen, but they decided to heat them straight away to 1000 degrees to see what would happen”.

“And my father was there when it happened?”

“Yes. He was the head of that division and hadn’t sanctioned that experiment. When he heard what they were planning he went in there to tell them not to be so stupid and to do it properly but it was too late. They had already heated the rocks and there was an explosion. It destroyed everything in the section, including your father”, a tear trickled down Lex’s cheek. “I am so sorry Chloe. He didn’t suffer, but there wasn’t anything left of him or the scientists. Hence all of the mystery around the post-mortem and the burial”.

Chloe swallowed around the ball in her throat as she reached out to wipe the tear away, “It wasn’t your fault, you were a baby and I barely remember him”, she choked on the last word. She did remember Gabe Sullivan, his big smile and the way that he smelled. She may have been two when she had lost him, but she had never forgotten him.

“No, it’s not my fault that he died but I never revealed how he died. My father covered it up at the time and put you with a nice foster family until he could give you a good permentant home with us, but he never revealed how he died and neither did I. That is what made Robert Queen suspicious and why he started the rumours about our involvement with his death. We were involved but not in the way that he thought. I am sorry Chloe, I know that we shouldn’t have covered it up with the story about him falling over but if we told the truth, we would have to reveal our experiments which are for the good of the world but if someone else found out about the properties of meteor rocks then they might use them for weapons”. He felt sick, even as he said it. He had found out all about Gabe Sullivan and the man deserved better than to have been killed in an explosion, not enough of him left to even fill a show box and then to have his daughter taken off to live with the Queens rather than with the Luthors where she belonged, where Lionel had always promised that she would stay if something ever happened to Gabe.

“It’s okay, I understand”, Chloe said numbly.

Lex wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her against him. She didn’t pull away, but she didn’t relax against him either.

“I’m sorry baby”, he kissed her head, his other arm going around her waist to hold her.

“I understand, I really do”, she murmured as she slammed her eyes shut against the images of her father’s smiling face as he bent down to pick her up. He had always looked pale and a little wan, like he was working too hard but had always had a smile for her. Every day he would walk into the nursery, scoop her up and kiss her.

She burst into tears.

“Chloe?” Lex asked in distress.

“I want my Daddy!”

~*~

“Where the hell is she?” Oliver Queen’s angry voice echoed through the Luthor mansion.

“Mr Queen, I don’t know who you are talking about but I ah”, the maid stammered as he brushed passed her heading straight for door opposite the entrance with an unerring sense of where his baby sister was.

“What was that?” Chloe wondered as the noise pulled her out of the stupor Lex’s kisses had sent her into.

Lex wasn’t much more compus mentus than she was at that moment and it was this a supreme effort that he listened for whatever it was that Chloe had thought that she had heard. If it was just a clumsy maid then there they would be in some serious trouble.

It had taken Lex almost an hour of constant cuddling to get Chloe to calm down, then naturally he had had to kiss her just to make her feel better. She finally seemed to be relaxing and if someone was going to pull her out of that and let her mind work for long enough to remind her that she was upset then he was going to have someone’s head.

Oliver threw the door open and saw red as he laid eyes on the scene before him.

In the centre of what was clearly Lex Luthor’s private office there was a black leather settee on which his sister was lying with Lex on top of her. Her skirt was hitched up to her mid thighs – obviously unconsciously – and Lex’s hands were on her stomach and in her hair. Her face was staring up at him in shock and he could tell that she had been crying.

“Get up”, he roared.

“Oh fuck”, Chloe and Lex swore in unison.

TrinityR
29th April 2013, 17:33
I believe that the fact people have hard time finding this is because they're too busy with NC17 section (oh, those naughty readers!) but they'll come eventually for sure!!

Try to also publish your stories on fanfiction. net & kryptonsite. I, myself, get reviews there, too.

Oh my!! Only you can concot something like that!! Ending a man's life as a metaphore!!
LOVE IT

Wow... that was good, Lex crying? Really? Well, ok, one tear, but still... Brave of him

And the end <lol>

Gaia
29th April 2013, 20:31
I like the whole concept and can't wait to read more

hfce
30th April 2013, 06:17
Oh no!

trckyrcky
30th April 2013, 18:46
Ooooh I wonder what Oliver is going to do to Lex?

HotCrossedBunny
30th April 2013, 22:21
Thank-you for all of your support! :D

HotCrossedBunny
30th April 2013, 22:23
*Chapter Five*

“Good evening gentle viewers. Once again it is I, Wilhelmina S. Hake-Piers, your roaming reporter here to give you the latest gossip and what gossip we have. This has been the most exciting day of my professional career, so much has happened. It was barely 24 hours ago that we were reporting on the disturbance outside the Queen property caused by Clark Kent. Then this morning we were told about the disappearance around the same time of Chloe Queen although not whether or not the two instances were related. Then the fight with Lex Luthor which left the formerly handsome Victor Stone without any hope of success in his chosen career and the whisper that Chloe Queen was somehow related. Well, all of these questions were put to rest less than ten minutes ago when the current head of the Queen family, Oliver Queen, announced his younger sister’s impending marriage to Jason Teague.”

“We have been following the relationship between Chloe Queen and Jason Teague for a good deal of time now and while we have always thought that it was a good match, we were never sure whether it would actually come off as Chloe never seemed all that interested. It turns out that the odd events of last night were indeed just a lover’s tiff. One which has apparently been made up as they are charging, full steam ahead, towards the alter.”

“While I am sure that we wish them both the best of luck, we do have to question the wisdom of a girl as young as Chloe – she has only just graduated from high school, although she did so with a BA to boot – getting married to one of her brother’s business associates. The romantic in me hopes that it will all work out for the best, but the realist reminds the romantic that we have never actually seen any romantic behaviour between these two let alone anything to merit a marriage.”

“What still puzzles me further is why Chloe’s name was mentioned earlier in conjunction with the fight between Lex Luthor, Clark Kent and the Queen supporters. The plot thickens. As always, we want to hear what you think of the situation. Should Chloe get married this young? Is she marrying the right man? Is there any particular reason why the marriage has suddenly been announced and why everything is being done in such a rush? Hint hint”.

~*~

“What the fuck do you think that you are doing?” Oliver bellowed as he raced over the settee and hauled Lex off Chloe and checked her over. “Did he hurt you? Did he force you to do something? Did he touch you?” The questions tumbled out of him as the door – which had been swinging shut – opened again and Lois trotted in as quickly as her high heels allowed.

“No, of course not”, Chloe said, pulling away from her brother. “You know that Lex is not like that”. She was too annoyed with Oliver’s behaviour to be embarrassed; he should know better than to think that Lex had forced her into anything.

“Oliver”, Lois was at his side and trying to pull him back by the arm. “Calm down. You can see that she isn’t hurt”.

Oliver pulled his arm out of Lois’ grasp, “I can see no such thing”.

Lois sighed, “Baby, are you okay? I mean, I am guessing that you came over here of your own accord and that you were doing whatever it was that you were doing because you wanted to, not because he was pressuring you in any way”.

“Of course! I just wanted to talk to him. Lex would never pressure me”, Chloe told them, pulling her skirt back down properly and straightening her top as she tried to peer around Oliver to see whether or not Lex was alright but Oliver seem determined to get in the way.

“What the fuck were you thinking coming over here by yourself, in the first place?” He demanded, almost shaking with rage.

“What the fuck were you thinking coming over here and barging in on me?” Chloe shot back.

“Not the right response hun”, Lois said with a shake of her head. For goodness’ sake, the girl had the perfect little baby angel face, she could get out of anything by just flashing those big blue eyes at Oliver, Lois couldn’t understand why she hadn’t just done that rather than starting the fight.

“I was trying to find my baby sister”, Oliver had enough presence of mind to try to explain himself even though his was furious.

“I am not a baby!” Clearly Oliver’s attempts had not been appreciated.

“You might as well be. Since when do you come over to a stranger’s house? Since when do you sneak out of our home without telling anyone where you are going and turn your phone off? Anything could have happened to you”, Oliver didn’t bother trying to keep his voice down. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that Lois was right, he should try to calm down but every time he attempted it the images of Chloe in danger came flooding back.

“But nothing did happen to me”, Chloe pointed out.

“You call this nothing?” Oliver expostulated. “Because I don’t. I call coming in to find my baby sister underneath some guy something!”

“We were just kissing”, Chloe rolled her eyes.

“That doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence”, he was about ready to explode now.

“Well you aren’t the one who needs to be confident that this is the right decision. I am!”

“Well, I am your brother which means that I am involved too”, he loomed over her.

“No, it doesn’t!” She wouldn’t allow herself to be intimidating.

“Yes, it does”, Oliver growled. Grabbing the tops of her arms and pulling her up off the settee and off her feet so that she was face to face with him. “You do not do something like this again”.

“I will if I want to”, she protested. “I love Lex and if you had just waited he was going to come to the house and make peace and tell you that we were going to be together but you barged in here and ruined it all”.

“Oh he was, was he?” Oliver clearly didn’t believe a word of it.

“Yes!” Chloe screamed, she might not be able to match him for size or strength but by God she could in volume.

“And that couldn’t just have been a story that he spun you so that you would think that he was a nice guy and let him fuck you …”

Chloe ripped herself out of his arms and slapped him hard across the face. “How dare you!”

“Chloe”, Oliver gasped and Lex who had been rushing to her side to make Oliver put her down and stop hurting her hauled his movements.

“How fucking dare you treat me like this? I am not a slut”, tears pricked her eyes. She didn’t know how her brother could think such a thing of her.

“I didn’t …” He tried to explain himself but Chloe wouldn’t allow it.

“No, quite clearly you did otherwise that disgusting thought would never have entered your head”, she blinked back the tears.

Oliver just shook his head.

“I came here because I love Lex”, she said quietly, but not in a conciliatory tone. “That doesn’t mean that I have lost all control of my mental faculties. That doesn’t mean that I am going to forget everything I have ever been taught about not having sex before marriage. That doesn’t mean that I am a slut!”

“Chloe”, Oliver reached out to her, “I was just scared”.

“Well guess what Oliver. That isn’t good enough. You are my older brother not my father. You don’t have the right to tell me what to do, you certainly don’t have the right to come bursting in here like some manic and start throwing Lex around”, she looked over at the man she loved glad to see that he didn’t seem any worse for wear, just concerned about her.

“He didn’t actually throw me around”, Lex put in but no one (other than Chloe) seemed to be paying any attention to him.

“No, I’m not your father”, Oliver sighed, unable to believe that they were actually about to get into this in the middle of Lex Luthor’s private office. “Your father was killed by the Luthors and you were stuffed into some orphanage ready to be forgotten until my father – the man who loved you as much as if you were his own daughter – fished you out of there and brought you home to live with us. The day that you came my father told me that you were a good little girl whose family had been taken away by the Luthors and that you were now my sister and that I was to look after you. When our father was dying the only thing that mattered to him was that you were going to be happy and protected and that is what I am going to do”.

“Oliver, you don’t understand he did …”

“We are going home”. Oliver reached out to grab her arm but was stopped by Lex.

“You aren’t going to lay one finger on her in my presence”, his voice was low and dangerous. “You aren’t going to hurt her again”.

Oliver did look a little guilty, but he wasn’t going to be pushed around by a Luthor who might at any minute hurt Chloe. “Get out of my way”.

Lois put her hand on his arm, “Oliver, don’t”. He stilled for a second but never took his eyes of Lex. “Chloe”, she looked over at her cousin, “if you don’t want these two to kill each other then you have to come with us”.

Chloe nodded. She stepped in front of Oliver, wrapped her arms around Lex and kissed him passionately. “I will call you later. I promise and we will be together, but I have to go home now. I don’t want anyone getting hurt because of me”.

“I understand and I love you”, Lex kissed her back and ignored the strangled noises of rage coming from Oliver.

~*~

Lois drove Chloe’s car back to the mansion while Chloe went – begrudgingly – with Oliver. Silence hung heavily in the air. Chloe was too angry to speak and when she looked over at her brother she noticed only that his Adam’s apple bobbled continuously and his grip on the steering wheel left his knuckles white. He was so close to losing control of himself that it was a work of supreme effort to stop himself from screaming at her again.

When they pulled into the drive way, only a couple of seconds before Lois, he was out of the car in a flash and around to Chloe’s side, yanking the door open and holding her arm as she got out. “Get inside”, he told her in a tight voice, although it wasn’t really necessary as he was holding onto her arm so tightly that she couldn’t have gone anywhere else.

“Oliver, maybe you should take a few minutes and calm down”, Lois suggested, jogging after them as they went straight in and up to Chloe’s bedroom.

“I am calm”, he said in an eerie tone of voice.

“Clearly”, Chloe remarked under her breath as she was pushed onto her bed and Oliver crouched down in front of her. He took her chin between his fingers so that she had no choice but to look at him.

“Muttering things under your breath, really Chloe? Where is all of that valour and I’m an adult crap from earlier? You want me to think of a woman rather than my baby sister then act like one. Don’t go running off without telling anyone and make me have to chase you down”, he hissed.

Chloe stared at him. She wasn’t going to say sorry.

“You just disappeared last night at the party. This isn’t a game Chloe, we aren’t playing hide and seek. I spent a good deal of the night looking for you when I should have been doing business because you went off without telling anyone. I had terrible images of you being pushed up against some wall somewhere being taken advantage of”, he tried not to remember the worst of his fears.

“That’s hardly likely is it?” She scoffed.

“It happens more than you would think”, he growled.

“I know how to take care of myself”, she reminded him.

“Yes, you know the tricks that I have taught you but guess what, there are some very bad people in the world that know them as well. Normally when you go off somewhere you tell someone”, his voice almost cracked at that. He couldn’t help it, he had been petrified.

“I only meant to be gone a few minutes last night… I just lost track of time”, she really was sorry about that that.

“Yes, well while you ‘lost track of time’ Lana, Lois, Jason and I were hunting everywhere for you. We didn’t know that you were safe and sound until Lana came downstairs and told us that you were in your bedroom and talking to Lex Luthor”. He remembered the jump his heart had given when he had heard those words, a combination of relief that she was safe and fear as he thought that it was Lex in person in her room.

“I am sorry that you were worried but you could have just rung my cell phone”, she pointed out.

Oliver looked embarrassed. He hadn’t thought of that.

“You still should have told us where you were going, especially today. You can’t just go to someone’s house, someone you don’t know …”

“But I do know him”, she protested.

“I know that you think that you know him”, he started but was once again cut off.

“No, I do know him”, Chloe was running out of ways to try to make him understand this. “We have been talking for over a year now and … Oliver, what are you doing?”

“Taking your computer”, he was on his feet.

“What, you can’t do that”, she Chloe ran after him.

“Quite clearly I can”, he said as he removed her laptop and then started to search the rest of her room.

“Oliver, maybe you are taking this a bit too far”, Lois suggested as Chloe protested even more loudly and tried to physically stop him.

“Maybe if I had been keeping a closer eye on her for this past year then none of this would have happened in the first place. Maybe then there wouldn’t be someone talking to her that I don’t know! Someone who is corrupting her”, he tucked the laptop under his arm and started opening draws at random.

“I have a name!” Chloe tried to snatch her laptop and close the draws with her hip.

“Is everything alright?” Jason asked as he popped his head around the door jam. “You can be heard all over the house”.

“Jason, oh good. No, everything is a complete and utter nightmare, but I am going to make it right. Take Chloe to one of the guest bedrooms without any internet connection etc, lock her in and guard the door”.

Clark looked shocked.

“What”, Chloe screeched, “you can’t be serious! You can’t lock me in and throw away the key”.

“I don’t have to. I just have to make sure that you don’t get out or get word to Lex until have had chance to fix this”, Oliver didn’t back down.

“Fix this? How do you think that you are going to manage that?” Chloe continued to try to get her laptop back.

“Simple. You are going to marry Jason”, Oliver said putting down the laptop and grabbing her wrists as she tried to hit him.

“No, I most certainly am not!”

“Yes, you are. Jason”, he nodded to his friend. “Here you are Chloe, now tell me that you are certain that no one is ever going to be able to take advantage of you just because I taught you a few tricks”.

“Sorry Chloe”, Jason apologised as he wrapped one arm around her, pinning her arms to her chest, and looped the other under her knees and carried her off even as she screamed that he couldn’t do this.

“Oliver, please this is ridiculous”, Lois tried to intervene.

~*~

Chloe lay back on the bed, absolutely exhausted, with tears trickling down her cheeks.

She had been locked in for hours now but this was the first time that she had really accepted it. The first time that she had realised that there was truly no chance for escape. There were only two ways out of the room: the window – three stories above the ground -, and the door – which was locked and guarded. She had torn the room apart looking some way to get news of her confinement to Lex but there was no laptop, no phone, not even a radio. Other than the normal bedroom furniture there was a television and a mini bar and that was it.

Early on she had turned on the television hoping that that was would take her mind off the situation until someone came to let her out, Oliver couldn’t really be serious about this … but then she had seen the news saying that she and Jason were to be wed as soon as possible.

She had screamed, she had thrown herself around the room causing Jason to try to talk to her through the door but he wouldn’t be swayed. He wouldn’t go against Oliver. She had then made a thudding noise and then stayed quite thinking that that would make him come in and check on her then she would be able to make her escape but then he hadn’t – there was a flap in the door which he used to see that she was safe and then left her alone.

For about an hour after that she had tried to convince herself that it would all work itself out. Lex would hear the news of her impending nuptials and … Lex would hear the news of her wedding and either think that it was her decision because she hadn’t called him or he would come for her but it would be too late. She had almost been sick at that point.

When she had finally heard Oliver’s voice through the door she had been ready to cry with relief, this would all finally be over. He would apologise, realising that he had been an overprotective idiot and let her out but he hadn’t. He hadn’t even spoken to her face to face only through the door and told her that the priest would be arriving at 5 o’clock and that they would be married.

She had screamed that she wouldn’t, she would never say yes but as Oliver had pointed out there were going to be witnesses who would say that she had agreed. She would be married. Chloe felt sick, she didn’t understand how her brother who she knew loved her so very much couldn’t see that what he was doing was going to kill her.

Chloe stared at her watch and slammed her eyes shut. It was almost five. She could hear Jason starting to move around outside the locked door, clearly expecting someone to arrive at any minute. She thought, she planned, she wondered if she could make an escape when they opened the door before realising that it was hopeless. She would never make it. Well, if she was going to have to do this then she would make it as hard as possible for them and wouldn’t remember it.

Raiding the contents of the mini bar she chose the bottle which looked and smelled like the drink which Lex had poured himself and downed two mini bottles of the vile concoction, scowling as she it hit her empty stomach. It scorched her throat terribly, even after she had swallowed it, but that was almost preferable to feeling the knot that was there before. Hopefully this would numb her pain.

She sank to the floor as her body began to hum slightly and considered how silly she had been. She had bed sheets, she was only three floors up. She could climb out of the window, earlier she had been too afraid of the idea of breaking her neck but now she was sure that it would be alright.

~*~

“A member of the respected Queen family was rushed to hospital this afternoon at a few minutes past five. The Queen cars were seen racing away from their home and towards the hospital, breaking many speed limits as they did so. We have as yet received no information about who it was but as we have caught sight of Oliver Queen, Lois Lane And Jason Teague pacing and looking pale and anxious, we assume that it was Chloe Queen”.

“We will provide you with more information as we get it”.

~*~

Lex charged into Chloe’s hospital room. He had been pacing his office ever since she had left until he had received news of her impending marriage, at which point he had called Oliver about a hundred times asking him what the hell he thought that he was doing and making it quite clear that he was not going to allow Chloe to be coerced into anything. He didn’t believe that Chloe had forgotten about him, more likely they had taken her phone. He was furious. He knew that he shouldn’t have let her go. He was about to go to see her when he had received the call telling him to turn on his TV and he had thought that his world was going to end.

He raced over to the hospital, praying that the Queen in question wasn’t Chloe, but knowing that it was.

“Please God, let her be okay. I’ll do anything just let her be okay”, he begged, “I know that no one would want me when they could have her, but please if someone has to pay for something then take my life but let her live”.

His Mercedes was going at over 100 mph but he couldn’t get to the bloody hospital fast enough. When he finally got there he sprinted into the building and luckily was met by one of his regular doctors who took him through the back way so that he could reach Chloe’s room without being seen.

He stepped inside and thought that his heart was going to stop. She was lying there with her eyes closed, deathly pale but with no obvious abrasions and a heart monitor attached. It was going beep regularly. She was still alive. He breathed a sigh of relief as he moved to her side and kissed her forehead. “Don’t worry baby, I’m here”.

Lex stroked her white cheek as he took deep breaths, watching her intently. She was still alive, that was what mattered.

“What are you doing?” An angry male voice came from the door.

Lex turned and recognised Jason Teague. “I am here to see my girlfriend who is lying in a hospital bed and I don’t know why. What did you do to her?”

“Nothing”, Jason growled, “now get out!”

“No”, Lex stayed by Chloe’s side. He knew that she would want him nearby and he wasn’t going to be moved for or by anyone.

Jason rounded the bed and tried to grab Lex’s arm to remove him, having only got half of the story so far and believing that Lex had hurt Chloe in some way.

Lex reacted on instinct and sent his adversary sprawling back with a punch to the jaw. There was a thud as he hit the floor followed by another bang and a clatter as he knocked over the bedside table and a plate of food and its cutlery went everywhere. They both saw it at the same time, glinting on the floor. A knife.

Jason stared up at Lex for a moment, noticing that he had once again taken Chloe’s hand. His skin crawled at the idea that he had been forcing himself upon her, that he had taken this opportunity to put his lips on her skin. He grasped the knife, pulled himself up to his feet, and advanced on the Lex.

Lex glanced over his shoulder and realised that Chloe could get hurt if Jason charged him, he tried to move around to the side so that Chloe wouldn’t be involved but Jason misinterpreted this and ran at him causing them both to fall on top of Chloe and knocked the heart monitor out.

They both froze as they heard the constant beep of the heart monitor stop. In unison then gazed over at it and it was with identical horrified expressions that they realised that it was picking up no reading.

Lex let out a cry like a wounded animal and Jason ran from the room screaming for a nurse, or a doctor or someone to come and help.

“Come on baby, don’t die. Don’t die. Please”, Lex begged. He dropped to his knees, not noticing the hardness of the floor. He held her hand tightly between his fingers, “Please hold on a little bit longer”.

He knew that if her heart had stopped beating she only had a few minutes left and that PCR didn’t work, “Chloe”, he pleaded, “not leave me”. He waited for what seemed like hours, shouting when he could and hitting the panic button but no one was coming. Tears filled his eyes and blurred his vision so that he could not tell if she was still breathing.

Every second that passed felt like an eternity and no one was coming. They were just letting her slip away from him. He bent down and placed a kiss of her cold palm as the tears dribbled down his cheeks, “I’m so sorry baby. I love you, I loved you so much. I would have given my life for you”.

These words rolled around his brain and he could see the knife that Jason had dropped on the bed. His hands did not shake as he lifted it and placed the cold edge against his wrist. They would be together, even if this was the only way.

He looked down as his blood strained the bed linen and her perfectly white skin as the life drained out of him. His final words were ones of love.

“Lex”, Chloe’s voice was faint as she finally began to wake up from the drug induced slumber the hospital had placed her under, the crash of bodies a mere two minutes earlier had started to revive her.

As she saw the blood, his body heavy on the side of her bed she screamed in agony and took the knife out of his lifeless hand.

A/N: This is not the end! If you want Chloe and Lex to live then please review!

TrinityR
30th April 2013, 23:54
They fell in love fast as in the real RJ but I guess after talking for a year...

she's gonna wait till marriage? Really? ok, guess the original was like that as well.

I so hate Oliver right now!! ARGH!!

Oh, you, minx!

LIVE!! OF COURSE LIVE!!
YOU ARE LITERALLY KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, this is me getting emotional.

She will be stopped by Jason on time. Lex will be rescued (no one dies so fast out of a slit wrist!)

Would you really killed them if no one reviewed? I don't believe it!

trckyrcky
1st May 2013, 04:38
Oh, I'm sure Lex will be alright. This can't end like Romeo and Juliet where they both die.

cbrunberg
1st May 2013, 05:41
lex and chloe both better be ok.interested to see what happen next.don'tlike oliver or jason

skyblue78
1st May 2013, 14:22
Please please don't let them die! They are in a hospital, Lex could still be saved!

HotCrossedBunny
1st May 2013, 22:24
A/N: Thank-you for all of the reviews, it means a lot. I knew that threats would work. :D

*Chapter Six*

Chloe lay perfectly still. She felt odd. She wasn’t in pain exactly, but her entire body felt sleepy and her head was muddled. She was tired, so she found it hard to explain why she wasn’t asleep. She tried to concentrate on whatever it was that had woken her up. She was overly warm and appeared to be floating. Slowly, she concentrated on her eyes and forced them to open a crack.

There was a blinding light which caused her to groan in protest.

“Chloe, Chloe”, a faraway voice called to her.

She wondered if she was dead. Thinking that she had probably better find out she tried to open her eyes a little further and turned her head.

“Oh thank God, Chloe you’re awake”, the voice was male and distinctly concerned.

She croaked, not sure what she was trying to say or why she couldn’t speak.

Now there was a female voice and Chloe felt herself being lifted up into a sitting position and a glass of water being brought up to her lips and after a couple of attempts she managed to swallow enough to make her tongue shrink back down to its normal size and her throat began to work again.

“Lex”, she managed to get the words out this time.

“Lex is fine”, she was assured by the female, who sounded like Lois if she ever spoke quietly.

“Yes sweetheart, lie back”, she was lowered back down onto what she now realised was a bed, “Don’t worry about anything. Everything is going to be fine. Lex is okay and you are going to be okay as well. Everything is going to work out”.

Chloe turned her head, which weighed about the same as a bowling ball at that moment, to look at Oliver. She managed a small smile. “Lex is safe? What happened?”

“Yes baby, Lex is fine”, Oliver stroked her hair, he then turned her head to look over at Lex, who was in the bed next to her. “I know that he looks a little pale but I promise you that he is going to be just fine as for what happened, I fucked up and I am so sorry”.

She heard Oliver’s words but she couldn’t take her eyes off Lex’s white face.

“I am so sorry, I have had a lot of time to think about things and I realise that I have done everything wrong. I just wanted to protect you the best way that I knew how, by surrounding you with only the people that I knew that I could trust and wrapping you up in cotton wool so that I could be sure that you would never be hurt”, he snorted, “so much for that theory”.

“But you have to know that I do trust you. To me you will always be the little toddler who came to our house crying because she missed her father and did not know what was going to happen to her but I do also see the woman you have become. It was never that I didn’t trust you, I know that you are smart but so are all of those other girls who get kidnapped and enter cults etc. Their families always say, oh but she was so smart. I just didn’t want that to happen to you. When I heard that Lex had been speaking to you in private I got scared and I over reacted. I know that this doesn’t make it alright but I am sorry and when you are both better I won’t oppose you being together, if that is what you want”, Oliver blurted all of the things that had been going through his head in the last couple of hours out in one go.

“What is wrong with him?” Chloe wondered, only half listening to Oliver.

“You don’t remember?”

“You locked me up. I don’t remember anything after that”, Chloe said vaguely.

Oliver sighed. “I left you locked up for several hours and when the time came for the wedding Jason went into the room to talk to you and to reassure you that he wasn’t going to try to force you into doing anything once you were married but he found you knotting sheets and obviously drunk. You had raided the minibar and forgotten that you were on allergy medication. You were apparently planning to try to escape out of the window and were acting very oddly. He called me and we brought you here to the hospital. They pumped your stomach and gave you a very heavy sedative … I’m afraid that I over reacted a little and made them attach a heart monitor just to be absolutely certain that you were safe. I then stayed with you until the nurse told me to go and take a walk as I wasn’t doing any good hovering around you like that”.

“How did Lex get here? What is wrong with him?” She asked.

“It was reported on the news that someone – suspected to be you – had been taken to the hospital and he came to see you. Jason walked in on him and misunderstood the situation; he thought that he was trying to hurt you. They got into a fight and knocked out the heart monitor, when it stopped making a noise they thought that you had died. Jason ran to get help and Lex stayed with you. Jason said that he thought that it took him a good 20 minutes to find someone although the nurses said that it was less than five seconds, I suppose that Lex must have had the same miscalculation of time and believed you to be dead and gone. He couldn’t stand the thought of being without you and so he slit his wrists”, Oliver grimaced as he explained what had happened.

“When Jason and the nurses returned they found you holding the knife to your own wrist …”, his blood ran cold and he couldn’t continue.

“But you said that he is going to be alright? You promised me that he would be okay”, Chloe’s heart rate increased.

“Yes, yes sweetie he is going to be fine”, Oliver soothed her. “They staunched the flow of blood, bandaged him up nicely and he is doing fine although he is on a lot of pain killers so he is asleep for now”.

“But he is going to make a full recovery”, she double checked.

“Yes, he will have to undergo a psychiatric evaluation but other than that he should be ready to leave tomorrow morning when you leave”, Oliver promised her, “and he can come and visit you whenever you want”.

“Why the sudden change of heart?” Chloe wondered, finally tearing her eyes away from Lex and rolling her head back over to face her brother.

“Because I couldn’t bear to lose you. I should have trusted that you knew what you were talking about. Don’t hate me, but I looked into the research you did on the Luthors and you are quite right, a lot of the hatred between us is based on rumour and hearsay rather than fact. Lionel Luthor came to see his son and we both agreed that we would not get in the way of your relationship”.

Chloe smiled up at her brother. “Good”.

~*~

Lex tried to jerk up but found himself being weighed down, he was in a grave but could see the blue sky above him and Chloe’s smiling face but he couldn’t get up to her, something heavy kept holding him down.

“Chloe”, he called out and felt something hard poking him in the arm.

“Chloe”, he said again as his eyes snapped open.

“Lex, Lex, were you having a bad dream?” Chloe asked.

He was sweating as he stared around in a daze, he could just about make out the face of his father and Oliver and wondered if he was in hell for a second before he saw it. Her face. She was pale, with dark smudges under her eyes and a concerned expression and the oddest hair style he had ever seen but it was definitely her. He beamed. She was perfect. And she was lying almost completely on top of him squashing him and causing him to feel overly warm – he estimated that it was about 80 degrees under Chloe.

“I was”, he admitted, “I dreamed that I was separated from you”.

“Well, that is never going to happen again”, she gave him a peck on the cheek.

“I saw you die”, he breathed, unable to believe it.

“No, you didn’t and I’ll explain later but for now all that you need to know is that everything is alright, we will be together forever and both of our families know and accept it, and that if you ever do that to me again you will be praying for death”.

~*~

“Well this has been one of the strangest weeks in reporting history. Both Oliver Queen and Lionel Luthor have issued a statement saying that they have no idea where the rumours about their family members being in the hospital came from but they are categorically untrue, the same applies to rumours that Chloe Queen and Jason Teague are to be married and that there were problems with the contract to bail the country out.”

“Apparently the contract has been agreed to and signed by both parties and the Queens and the Luthors are the best of friends. As for the possibility of Chloe getting married Oliver Queen had this to say: “Of course she isn’t. She’s barely 18. Do you really think that I would let her get married at that age? We are in the 21st century for crying out loud, she is going to decide what she wants to do with her future, continue her education and can think about marriage at a later date and even then only if she wants to. And if / when she does I and the rest of the Queen family will support her 100%”.

“That goes for the Luthor family as well”, Lionel Luthor added. “You don’t mess with Chloe Queen. I hope that my son can find a nice girl like her”.

“You heard it first hear folks, all is well in Metropolis … although I get the feeling that they are hiding something from us but I your roaming reporter will find … No Mr Luthor, I have never wanted to go to Timbuktu. I don’t even know where it is. Yes, sir, of course. No I didn’t mean to report on your son. Yes, sir of course”.

“After much consideration this channel has decided not to report any further on Lex Luthor or Chloe Queen, we wish them both what we are sure will be long lives of happiness. The end”.

TrinityR
1st May 2013, 22:52
Hey! The End? I protest!!
It can't be end yet!
I'm asking nicely here for an epilog.

You had me there. I really thought she jumped out the window!

HotCrossedBunny
2nd May 2013, 08:45
He he okay Trinity just because you asked so nicely I will do an epilogue but it might take a few days as I am planning my next one today. :D Much A Do About Lex! This one will not be in the R section. ;P

No, she just had allergy medicine and alcohol together. She would be dead if she had fallen three stories.

TrinityR
2nd May 2013, 10:29
Oh, I really thought it wasn't the end and now I noticed the title COMPLETED>
SO if you add an epiloque I will be SOOO grateful.

Much a do about LEx? doest it have something to do with Much Ado about nothing?

HotCrossedBunny
2nd May 2013, 13:51
I will work out an epilogue in a few days.

Yep, I was on a roll so I thought that I would bastardize a few more of Shakespeare's plays. :D

HotCrossedBunny
2nd May 2013, 21:42
Just shamelessly promoting my other story: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8862-Much-Ado-About-Smallville-(NC-17)-Posted-2nd-May-2013?p=283366#post283366

hfce
3rd May 2013, 14:50
I am so glad everything worked out. The end was scary. :)

TrinityR
24th May 2013, 16:36
Recommended on chlex.tumblr

sparrow
25th May 2013, 08:48
Eh?

HotCrossedBunny
21st June 2013, 19:09
A/N: Here is the short epilogue for TrinityR! :D

*Epilogue*

“Come on little Livia”, Lionel cooed as he leant over the gurgling baby, “here comes the LuthorCorp jet”, he made neow noises as her flew the red plastic spoon ladened with apple sauce to her mouth again.

The baby smiled at her doting grandfather but refused to open her mouth and be fed, she had been like this all morning.

“Come on sweetheart, I know that you miss your parents but you have to eat”, he tried to convince her but she wouldn’t budge an inch. She was by far the toughest opponent he had ever encountered.

“You know that thousands of people are going to become unemployed if you don’t eat up your apple sauce as it will prove to me that they have not made a quality product”, he tried a different tack. It was actually something he was very concerned about. He had taken over the baby industry shortly after Chloe had become pregnant as he had wanted to ensure that there were quality products ready for his little grandchild.

“I’m not sure that threatening people’s livelihoods is the best way to get her to eat”, a cocky voice came from the doorway.

“You think that you can do better Queen then be my guest”, Lionel straightened up and rubbed his lower back.

“She doesn’t want an aeroplane”, Oliver decided as he took possession of the spoon and the jar of food. “You want a Queen choo choo train, don’t you?” He grinned at her as he made the ‘train’ chug its way to her mouth so that she could eat, but still she refused.

“It’s no good”, Lionel said, she misses her parents and it taking it out on the apple sauce, “Aren’t you? Isn’t that what you’re doing?” He tickled her feet, causing her to squeal with delight.

“Do you think that seeing so old footage of them would help? There is bound to be some of that on the television around now, seeing as what day it is”, Oliver suggested.

“We could try it”, Lionel turned on the television, “she has to eat somehow”.

~*~

The screen filled with the image of the large Cathedral covered in red and white roses and the best of society. Everyone who was anyone was there. The camera zoomed in on Lionel’s face, he did not look impressed as he had wanted to have a private ceremony (as had the children although that hadn’t been possible). Then the camera moved to Lex he was waiting anxiously at the end of the aisle an air of anxious excitement radiating from him and then suddenly it broke.

He grinned and the camera changed angles and suddenly they could see Chloe walking down towards him on Oliver’s arm.

The screen flashed for a second and the news came on.

“We interrupt this recording of the Luthor-Queen wedding which cemented the alliance of two of the greatest business in the world for the breaking news we have all been waiting for … the second Luthor-Queen heir has been born. Statements were released just now that Chloe Ann Queen-Luthor went in to labour late last night and that her husband rushed her to the best hospital in the country and didn’t leave her side for a second. We have been informed that the couple’s first child (Livia Gabriella Queen-Luthor) is healthy and staying with family for the moment but that they are looking forwards to all being reunited. No information on the new baby has been reported other than that both mother and child are healthy. What will this mean for the world? If it is a boy then it will take over the company and …”

Lionel turned the television off.

“Is that why you haven’t been eating? Are you worried by those silly rumours that a boy will take your place? Is that what is wrong?” He picked her up and rocked her back and forth.

“Well that simply isn’t true”, Oliver said as he leant over to see her as well, “I just got back from visiting them and the new baby is cute but you will always be our favourite”.

Lionel agreed with this, “And this afternoon they will be coming back home and you will all live happily ever after”.

The End

TrinityR
21st June 2013, 19:15
For me? :)
That was so sweet!! Thanks!

HotCrossedBunny
21st June 2013, 19:16
You're welcome.

Ami Rose
13th February 2014, 06:54
That was great! The epilogue was too cute!