PDA

View Full Version : Lurking

qazwsx
30th December 2012, 15:00
Hi, is there a way to comment on a story as a guest, signing in with comment on the story, to get off lurking status?

I don't want to randomly comment on any post just to get rid of my "lurking" status.

I think this would be a better way.

Julie
7th January 2013, 12:45
Hi, is there a way to comment on a story as a guest, signing in with comment on the story, to get off lurking status?

I don't want to randomly comment on any post just to get rid of my "lurking" status.

I think this would be a better way.

Not at the moment, sorry. You have to be signed in for the system to be able to edit your account (to get rid of the lurker status).

bklyangel
8th January 2013, 22:18
Hi Julie, not sure if I understand, I need to log out and back in to get out of lurker status?

Julie
15th January 2013, 10:10
Hi Julie, not sure if I understand, I need to log out and back in to get out of lurker status?

Sorry for the late reply!

No, simply logging out then in again will not get you out of the lurker status. The only way (besides getting a paid subscription), is to make a (1) post somewhere on the forums. The lurker status reacts on posting, how long ago since your last post. So when you post something, that will get you out of the lurker status. So as long as you post regularly you'll keep the lurker status away :)

Reese
22nd January 2013, 07:30
This is me getting out of lurker status... :)

Saulzy
6th June 2013, 03:50
Why is there a lurker status?

eustacie
19th August 2013, 10:24
:-)Getting out of lurker status after cca 3 years.

This is me getting out of lurker status... :)

Nimmie
2nd July 2014, 19:51
I think I've been lurking for just as long...... well inactively so. Some of the best fanfics in my memory come from these boards! Yay!

chachica2009
24th February 2015, 06:22
Same here... I am coming back to the forum after about 3 years because other fandoms have taken over, but the Chlex stories here are some of the best.

meghanadxb
12th November 2016, 11:30
Here's me delurking

~*~Tasha~*~
27th December 2017, 22:35
I never used to have to worry about the Lurking status because I contributed with the paid subscriptions at least once a year. The last couple have been lean. So, I haven't done that. I'm hoping that it is just a Lurker status that has everything so screwed up that I can't see any more. {crosses her fingers} Though it does seem like there might be something else going on. We'll see. I always hate seeing my hard worked stories moved out of the regular story threads as well. That is the only part of the "lurker" thing that I don't agree to. I know it can't differentiate between a regular post and a story post ... but it still kind of hurts to see things go away (even when completed).

Julie
4th September 2018, 07:38
I always hate seeing my hard worked stories moved out of the regular story threads as well. That is the only part of the "lurker" thing that I don't agree to. I know it can't differentiate between a regular post and a story post ... but it still kind of hurts to see things go away (even when completed).

Hey Tasha! :) Only fanfictions that weren't completed and hadn't been updated in a long time where moved to the "graveyard", so that people could see which stories were actively being updated :) So if you have a completed fic that is in the graveyard section, just let us know and we will move it back :)

I am not very active here any more, but I think Lexie is still around :)

lexie
20th September 2018, 05:22
I am not very active here any more, but I think Lexie is still around :)

I certainly am!

What Tasha's saying is rather odd- unless the hacker's bug is acting up once again. I'll see what I can do about it. In order not to have to sift through all the fics in the Graveyard-I'll have to go hunting for my repository of saved fics to find the titles of her completed fics and discover which of them might have ended up in the bin.

So far the search function on the site hasn't yielded any results, and I don't have time now to go through all the threads in that sub-forum. But I promise to do my best.