PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Orchestrato (Chlex) NC-17, Season 3-4 Safehouse Summer fic - completed 22.11.13

Pages : [1] 2

BabyDee
14th May 2012, 02:32
Hi Chlexers! *waves*

My name is BabyDee, and some of you might know me as BabyDee1 on LiveJournal. I've been writing Smallville fanfiction for about 3 years now, and this is the first time I'm trying my hands on Chlex. I've always been a fan of the pairing, and it'll be interesting to finally put my spin on the intrepid pair.

So this is the first chapter of my first ever Chlex fic, and even though I think I have a great premise, I’m nervous as heck. I’m sure I’ll be more comfortable writing Lex in a romantic situation as I go along, though.

Hope you all like it, and I’d love to know what you think! *bites nails* :\

Here goes! Banner by the awesome ctbn60 at LiveJournal.

http://pics.livejournal.com/babydee1/pic/0014a2qf

Title: Orchestrato
Author: BabyDee1
Pairing: Chlex
Rating: PG13 for now, NC-17 later
Warnings: Chloe & Jimmy never got it on, so Chloe’s still a V. ;-)
Timeline: Safehouse Summer of Love, End of Season 3/Beginning of 4
Disclaimer: All characters belong to the CW & DC comics.
Summary: Lex inexplicably bonds with Chloe whilst keeping her survival a secret from the world

Author’s note: written for the lovely Kit Merlot, who won a Chlex story from me in an auction and has patiently waited for this story for almost two years! Sorry it’s taken me so long, Petal. I hope you like what I come up with. :-)

Orchestrato: Taken from the verb Orchestrate; to plan, arrange or cleverly manipulate diverse elements (usually of a piece of music) to achieve a desired effect.

Chapter 1

The unexpected knock on the door made Chloe Sullivan looked up sharply from the article she was working on. She swallowed, her heart pounding furiously as it had done the day she and her father had been hurriedly bundled underground and hustled into this secret location.

“Who is it?” she queried fearfully.

“It’s me, Lex,” she heard from the other side of the door, and heaved a sigh of relief.

She could relax; it was just Lex. It usually was, but after feeling the heat from the last safehouse singeing her hair as the building exploded, she could never be one-hundred percent sure.

“I know we’ve gone through your witness statement with a fine toothcomb,” he was saying, “…but we only have a month until the trial, so I just want to go over it again with you; make sure we haven’t missed anything.”

“Uh…sure,” she replied, getting to her feet and verifying his identity through the spyhole before opening the deadbolts. “Come on in.”

There were three manned security entrances to get through before reaching the main door of the safehouse, so she was pretty certain it was safe to let her benefactor in without fear that he might have been followed. Lex stepped into the room holding a slim briefcase, and she quickly glanced out into the hallway before bolting the door shut behind him.

“No Williamson today?” she asked, referring to the stern attorney that always accompanied him when they were running lines.

Lex shook his head with an amused grin. “No. I got the feeling on our last visit that your tolerance for his smarmy mock cross-examinations was wearing thin.”

“Gee, ya think?” she replied snarkily. Williamson had questioned her about her Daily Planet internship and the computers that Lionel had given her for the Torch. He’d referred to them as expensive gifts and preferential treatment, and to her intense embarrassment had proceeded to impugn her integrity in Lex’s presence by implying that there’d been more to her ‘relationship’ with Lionel than met the eye.

She’d been horrified – and nauseated. “Mr Williamson, what you’re insinuating is creepy and disgusting,” she’d retorted sharply. “Not to mention completely untrue.”

“We have to be prepared for any and all eventualities that the other side might produce, and I don’t want any ‘surprises’ in court,” was the curt reply.

“But I never had anything to do with Lionel Luthor like that, and I can prove it!” she’d protested.

“Virginity is not per se proof of innocence, Ms Sullivan,” the lawyer had dryly replied, making her face heat up in embarrassment. “Didn’t you ever hear of Monica Lewinski’s infamous blue dress?”

Lex had managed to keep a straight face but his eyes had glittered with amusement. Needless to say, Chloe had been very displeased, and when the coffee she’d prepared for Williamson had ‘accidentally’ contained two spoonfuls of salt instead of sugar, he’d realised just how much.

Lex chuckled, no doubt remembering the undignified arc of coffee that had sprayed from Williamson’s mouth after the first and only sip. “I didn’t want to wear down your good nature before we get to court,” he remarked jovially. “It’s just me today; is that okay?”

“It’s fine,” she said with a shy smile. “More than fine.”

He smiled back. “Good.” His silver eyes narrowed as a small frown furrowed his smooth brow. “You look troubled; are you alright?”

She gave him a rueful glance. “I’m okay.”

Lex folded his arms and gave her a disbelieving look. “Really, Chloe?”

She sighed. “I miss my Dad,” she finally replied glumly. “And my freedom, but it is what it is, I guess.”

He sighed. “Chloe, you know it’s not safe for you if anyone thinks you’re alive.”

“I know,” she said resolutely. “I understand that, Lex, I really do; and I know Dad was taken to a separate safehouse to better protect us, but I just…” she trailed off, mortified to realise that she was on the verge of whinging. Here she was, alive but by the good grace of God and Lex Luthor…and she was metaphorically stamping her feet and throwing her toys out of the pram.

God, he must think she was an ungrateful brat.

She looked up at him and smiled. “I’m sorry, where are my manners? I was about to make a fresh pot of coffee; would you like some?”

He nodded. “Please. The good stuff, if you have any.”

“Hey, you stocked the place; it’s all good stuff,” she murmured, and he laughed, his grey eyes twinkling with controlled humour.

“Well, I know you like your coffee,” he joked, surveying her with a searching gaze. “Just make sure you remember to eat something once in a while.”

Chloe’s skin tingled as he studied her, his piercing eyes seeming to penetrate her layers of clothing. She folded her arms across her suddenly achy breasts and managed to maintain her poise as she went to the kitchen. As soon as she was out of his sight, however, she took a deep breath and rested her hands on the counter.

Lex had a way of…unsettling her. Something about those storm-coloured eyes and the way he looked at her as if he was looking through her had her tingling in places she’d rather not think about. She’d never really thought about Lex that way, but having spent a lot of time in close quarters with him over the recent weeks, she’d begun to notice things about him; inane things, like how his eyes appeared to have silver flecks in them in bright sunlight, or how firm his chest muscles looked when the fabric of his shirt stretched across them, or how his trousers clung softly to his firm thighs…

She shook her head and forced her brain back onto a safer topic. What was she doing in the kitchen, anyway? Right – coffee.

She took her time filling the percolator, then placed two cups on the marble workstation while she waited for the water to heat. Outside she could hear Lex opening his briefcase followed by the soft sound of rustling paper as he sorted out the necessary documents.

Chloe sighed. It had been a monotonous two months. After the shock of almost getting turned into human fertiliser, she and her father had been sequestered in this safehouse for six weeks before her father was moved to a separate location for safety. She’d been pretty much living solo for the last two weeks, save for the weekly check-ins by her Uncle Sam and the scheduled appointments with Lex and her attorney; and during those brief sessions it was all business.

So it was a pleasant surprise to have Lex drop by solo this afternoon. Not that it meant he was here to keep her company on a social level, but it was nice to see another human being every now and then without being interrogated or mock cross-examined. And, she thought with a blush, it was nice to have someone look at her with blatant male appreciation in his eyes. It wasn’t something she was accustomed to, but she could definitely get used to it. It felt…good.

The percolator hissed, and she turned it off and poured two cups of coffee; one with cream and sugar for herself. She placed the mugs on a tray with a plate of assorted cookies and carried them back out to the living room.

“Here you go,” she said brightly, handing him a steaming mug. “Arabica; black, no sugar, right?”

“You remembered,” he murmured with a smile as he took the mug from her hands.

"Meh, there’s little else to stimulate my brain these days apart from your coffee preferences, even if I do tend to forget when it comes to Williamson’s,” she said with a cheeky grin. “Cookie?" She held the platter of assorted treats out to him, and he plucked one off the corner of the plate with a smile.

"Thank you. I'm quite fond of these ones."

She glanced at the cookie in his hand. "You like gingernuts?"

A wry smirk lifted his lips. "I prefer the term 'ginger biscuits', personally."

Automatically her gaze dropped to his groin and she quickly looked away, her cheeks flushing a deep scarlet. "Of course." Inwardly, she burned with embarrassment. It was no secret that Lex had had bright red curly hair before his accident. Why, oh why did she have to make her errant thoughts obvious by glancing at his crotch? God only knew what he must think of her by now.

But he seemed unfazed by her brief scrutiny. “And you? What are your favourites?” he queried to diffuse the tension as he bit into the biscuit.

“Oh, I’m trying not to encourage that train of thought,” she said with a shudder as she daintily patted her hips. “Not until I can get to a gym, at least.”

“There’s nothing wrong with the way you look, Chloe,” he said, his voice deepening as his gaze lazily ran over her curves. “I actually quite like it.”

And just when she thought the sexual tension in the room couldn’t possibly get any higher, he had to go and say something like that. She could feel her nipples tingling and tightening beneath her sweater, something that was now happening far too often whenever Lex was in the room.

Quickly she took a huge sip of her coffee, scalding her throat as she swallowed. There. Better for her throat to scald with coffee than her loins to burn with lust. She’d been on her own for far too long, that was the problem.

“Can we get started on the witness statement?” she suggested hesitantly.

Lex raised a pale brow at the sudden change of topic but didn’t object. Chloe steeled herself for the barrage of questions due to follow, thankful for the distraction. At least, for the meantime.

To be continued…

Okay, first question. How do I preserve the formatting of my posts? As soon as I pasted the text into the window, all my lovely formatting disappeared, and it's taken me ages to put it all back in! :(

starmoon
14th May 2012, 03:32
Great way to start everything and i can't wait for more please update soon.

mama_kat
14th May 2012, 03:51
Interesting start! Wish it happened in canon :(

Thanks for sharing :)

hfce
14th May 2012, 06:28
Great start. I can't wait to read more. :)

ChlexOwnsAll_
14th May 2012, 06:55
Lovely start! I can't wait to see where you go with this.
I already love the basic premise, so I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
And as always I love your style of writing! :)

-Marija

karila
14th May 2012, 13:09
I really like the beginning of this story. I hope to read more soon.

I'm also glad that you're writing chlex stories because I love your chlollie stories.

zho9
14th May 2012, 16:11
Looking forward to more.

carebear30
14th May 2012, 20:55
Really enjoyed the first chapter..looking forward to more!!

cbrunberg
14th May 2012, 23:51
i liked the first chapter looing forward for updates and to see where you go with this story.i liked the part of the story where chloe says that what lawyer was suggesting was creepy

trckyrcky
15th May 2012, 01:01
Great beginning. Can't wait to hear what's next for Lex and Chloe.

dkfuryan
15th May 2012, 15:14
wicked beginning, I loved the part about scalding her throat with coffee to get rid of the sexual tension! It does sound like Lex is having fun building up that sexual tension in the first place though!

I really enjoy your writing with Chollie so I am very excited to see where you take this and that you have given into the Chlex, even if it is due to an auction!!
Thank you!!

TrinityR
15th May 2012, 15:46
I love it so far! Just please do not stop writing until you'll end this ok? I was reading a couple of Chlex stories about the safehouse and there were all left without the proper ending, I hope this one will be finished because I reallllyyyy want to read something like that:)

ghaziak
15th May 2012, 23:40
great start!! can't wait for more!!

pezgirl
16th May 2012, 10:07
I really enjoyed the first chapter and can't wait to see where you go with it. Your current Chloe/Lex characters are both great and I am interested to see how you will write their relationship as it continues.

trckyrcky
24th May 2012, 01:03
Really enjoy the story. Can't wait to see what will happen next. Maybe after Lionel is officially in jail, Chloe and Lex finally get together and Chloe will finally lose her virginity.

Annie13
24th May 2012, 06:18
i really liked the beginning. can't wait for more.

ChloeLovesLex
24th May 2012, 22:46
This is a fantastic start. Thanks for penning it. I can't wait to read more.

As for formatting...I wish I had the answer for you. Been here for years and I experience the same issues. I stopped bothering to format until I pasted it in and then edit it to what I want it to look like then. It's a huge pain, but eh, what are ya gonna do?

Update us soon? Pretty please?

ladyfayerie
26th May 2012, 14:15
Nice! Been reading your stories since forever. Haha! :D Can't wait for the rest! :D Thank you!

paolamhc
26th May 2012, 21:11
Nice Start, can't wait to read more.

somethingeasy
27th May 2012, 05:15
Hey BabyDee! It's great to see you here at the forum :D I've been a fan of your darker Chlark work for a while, and I can't wait to see what you do with a Chlex piece.

I really liked the start of this fic. The whole 'safehouse season' was a fascinating time for Chlexers, and there's just so much possibility and potential into everything that might have happened between Chloe and Lex during their time together. I loved the camaraderie and repartee that the two of them have in this fic. It was fun seeing the gentle teasing that they both engaged in, as well as the sympathetic bond that had obviously formed up... not to mention their very strong, smooth working relationship as well. Overall, they were already showing signs of being a perfect match in partners on many different levels.

Heeee! But, most of all, I loved the suggestions of Chloe looking at Lex, seeing him as a healthy, strong, attractive, sexy man, and feeling the 'sexual tension' between the two of them.

And, I have to admit, I would LOVE to see this attraction explored further... although it might be interesting to see Chloe examine this attraction and wonder whether she's suffering through some weird sort of Stockholm Syndrome. After all, all the elements required for 'capture bonding' are all there... plus there's the whole 'gratitude factor' as well, where Chloe is fully aware that she's being kept sequestered and 'imprisoned' in this safehouse purely for her own safety.

heh... then again... Lex could just as easily start wondering whether HE'S suffering through the relatively rarer Lima Syndrome. lol!

Great fic, BabyDee. I look forward to seeing what future chapters bring.

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:34
Egads, I completely forgot to subscribe to my own thread!!! :eek: I pop in for a quick look-see, and there's scores of comments from you all - thank you so much!!! :D

I'll respond to each and every one, starting now:

Great way to start everything and i can't wait for more please update soon.
Thank you, starmoon! The second chapter is almost ready to be posted, but I need to show some love to my other WIPs first. Will return to this very soon! :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:42
Interesting start! Wish it happened in canon :(
You and me and the rest of Chlexdom, Mama_Kat! :p

Thanks for sharing :)
A pleasure! :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:45
Great start. I can't wait to read more. :)
Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! Hope to post again in about a week, or so. :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:52
Lovely start! I can't wait to see where you go with this.
I already love the basic premise, so I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.
And as always I love your style of writing! :)

-Marija
Thank you so much for your kind words, Marija! Hope to continue soon, next week at the very latest. :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:54
I really like the beginning of this story. I hope to read more soon.

I'm also glad that you're writing chlex stories because I love your chlollie stories.
Oh, Chllollie grew on me so fast, and I love those blondes to bits. I've been dying to try my hands on Chlex, but I've been scared of writing Lex because he's so nuanced. But I'm pleased with what I've done so far, and I'm glad you're all liking it, too! :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:56
Looking forward to more.
Thanks, zho9 - much appreciated, and I hope to update again soon! :D

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 19:58
Really enjoyed the first chapter..looking forward to more!!
Thanks, carebear - glad you like! :p

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 20:01
i liked the first chapter looing forward for updates and to see where you go with this story.i liked the part of the story where chloe says that what lawyer was suggesting was creepy
Well, she sure showed him! :D

Glad you like cbrunberg! Thanks so much for commenting. :)

BabyDee
3rd June 2012, 20:03
Great beginning. Can't wait to hear what's next for Lex and Chloe.
Many thanks, trckyrcky! I'll update by next week, fingers crossed. :)

Kit Merlot
4th June 2012, 02:38
You already know that I think this is a great start but I need more:D

Please update as fast as you can!

BabyDee
4th June 2012, 02:59
You already know that I think this is a great start but I need more:D

Please update as fast as you can!
I hear ya, babes! Working on it, hope to post again latest by next week. So glad you like it! *huggles* :)

BabyDee
4th June 2012, 03:02
wicked beginning, I loved the part about scalding her throat with coffee to get rid of the sexual tension! It does sound like Lex is having fun building up that sexual tension in the first place though!
Hee! Poor Chloe, she doesn't stand a chance here. Lex knows the ways of the world, and knows all the right buttons to push! ;)

I really enjoy your writing with Chollie so I am very excited to see where you take this and that you have given into the Chlex, even if it is due to an auction!!
Ah, the good thing is I put more care and attention into my Auction Stories than I do the others, because I know there are expectations - and I want to at least match or exceed said expectatinos! :p

Thank you!!
Thank you, dkfuryfan, for your lovely review! :)

dannibfree
4th June 2012, 23:01
Great start, I can't wait to see where this is going.

trinna
7th June 2012, 04:32
More please.

tatie87
7th June 2012, 06:33
Great start to a new story! I always loved the time period where Lex was hiding Chloe. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Chlex.

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 16:11
I love it so far! Just please do not stop writing until you'll end this ok?
I promise to never leave a WIP unfinished! :D

I was reading a couple of Chlex stories about the safehouse and there were all left without the proper ending, I hope this one will be finished because I reallllyyyy want to read something like that:)
No worries, TrinityRose, I have this all mapped out and fully intent to bring it to its Chlexy conclusion, even if it means creating sequels! ;)

Thanks so much for commenting, hun! :)

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 16:11
Great start, I can't wait to see where this is going.
Thank you, Danni - I'm so glad you like it so far! :)

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 16:12
Working on it, Trinna, hope to post it latest by tomorrow! :D

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 16:13
Great start to a new story! I always loved the time period where Lex was hiding Chloe. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Chlex.
Thanks, tatie! I loved that timeframe as well, and I was gutted when Chloe all of a sudden started hating him after Lionel's trial was completed. Here's hoping I can provide a story that does it justice! :)

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 16:15
great start!! can't wait for more!!
Working on it, ghaziak - thanks for commenting! :)

pompeypearly
10th June 2012, 20:43
mwuahahaha! i am so glad you are posting here too. welcome to the dark side hunny. Come and play often!!!

BabyDee
10th June 2012, 21:24
mwuahahaha! i am so glad you are posting here too. welcome to the dark side hunny. Come and play often!!!
I fully intend to, Pompey! ;)

BabyDee
11th June 2012, 20:30
I really enjoyed the first chapter and can't wait to see where you go with it. Your current Chloe/Lex characters are both great and I am interested to see how you will write their relationship as it continues.

Thanks for your kind words, pezgirl! I just need to edit the next chapter, and should hopefully post it latest by tomorrow. :)

BabyDee
11th June 2012, 20:40
Really enjoy the story. Can't wait to see what will happen next. Maybe after Lionel is officially in jail, Chloe and Lex finally get together and Chloe will finally lose her virginity.
We'll see how it goes, hun. One things for sure; Chloe Will definitely be losing her virginity. ;)

...to Lex, of course. :p

BabyDee
13th June 2012, 12:52
i really liked the beginning. can't wait for more.

Thank you, Annie! I shall be posting Chapter 2 after work today. :)

BabyDee
14th June 2012, 10:12
A thousand apologies, O Patient Ones - I fell asleep yesterday before I could post Chapter 2. :(

This evening, without fail. Thanks for all the amazing comments, I really do appreciate it! :D

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 19:21
Hi everyone! Back with Chapter 2 as promised...sorry for the wait. Yesterday was my birthday, and the Hubby had plans. ;)

Enjoy! Feedback, as always, is welcome. :o

Brilliant banner by ctbn60 at LiveJournal. :D

Author: BabyDee
Warnings: None
Summary: Lex inexplicably bonds with Chloe whilst keeping her survival a secret from the world

Chapter 2

An hour and three cups of coffee apiece later, and they were all done.

“I don’t think we’ll have any surprises or slip-ups with this, you’ve done really well,” Lex said as he packed his files back into his briefcase. “I’ll pop in again with Williamson in a weeks’ time, just to refresh your memory.”

Her face fell. A whole week? “Oh. Okay,” she said lamely.

Lex noticed her reticence and frowned. “Unless…you’d rather we came by sooner..?”

“No, that’s fine,” she said hurriedly, taking the coffee cups back to the kitchen. “A week is fine.”

She put the cups in the dishwasher with a sad sigh and folded her arms. She hadn’t realised how starved for company she actually was, and the thought of Lex leaving her alone for a whole week…

“Chloe,” he groaned loudly from the other room. “Damn it, I should have known…”

Chloe frowned. “Should have known what?” she queried as she walked back into the living room. His back was to her, but as soon as he turned around and she caught sight of her laptop in his hands, she froze.

“That you were the elusive Sentinel,” he said sternly, tapping a finger on the screen which housed her anonymous online newsblog. “Chloe, what part of ‘no contact with the outside world’ did you not understand?”

Chloe gulped and tightly squeezed her eyes shut.

Busted.

She gnawed on her bottom lip and stared silently at Lex, who was clearly waiting for an explanation.

“Well?” he prompted.

“Okay, I know how this looks…” she began.

“Really?” he asked, putting the laptop down and folding his arms, his steely eyes grim. “Tell me how this looks, Chloe. I’m all ears.”

She wrung her hands nervously. “I, um…look, I know I took a huge risk, setting up a newsblog, but there are issues going on in the city that need to be addressed, and…”

“…and you’re the only person in the world who can sort it out?”

“I never said that!” she protested.

“Or, you tried to resist your inner journalist for all of two seconds, but failed miserably,” he finished flatly.

She swallowed and stared at the ground, and Lex gave a heavy sigh.

“You just risked jeopardising this entire operation, Chloe.”

She sighed heavily. “I’m sorry,” she said quietly. “But in my defence, Lex, it’s an anonymous blog; nobody knows it’s me, and I deliberately changed the way I write to make doubly sure.”

“The hardest thing in the world is to try and hide who you really are, even in print,” he pointed out gently, and gestured to the screen. “I mean, look at this; it wouldn’t your friends too long to discover who The Sentinel is, all they’d have to do is read a couple of lines.”

“Well, Lana’s all the way over in Paris, so she’ll probably never read this,” she declared. “And as for Clark…” she trailed off, her eyes tearing up as they always did when she remembered that her best friend was still missing and unaccounted for.

“He’ll come home, Chloe,” he said gently. “I’ve got private investigators scouring the state for him as we speak, okay?”

She nodded, but for some reason she didn’t think they’d have much success locating him. Every instinct she possessed told her that Clark’s disappearance was down to one of the many supernatural oddities that cursed this stupid town, and it was killing her that she couldn’t go out there, track him down and bring him home herself.

“In the meantime…no more blogging,” Lex said, bringing her back to the present as he snapped her laptop shut with an air of finality.

Chloe’s brows drew downward in a stubborn frown. “We just established that none of my friends are likely to find me, so what’s the harm?” she demanded.

“It’s not your friends tracking you down that I’m worried about,” he replied, pinching his brow with a tired sigh. “What if someone else recognises your writing style; say like my father, and uses it to locate your whereabouts?”

“He can’t,” she replied triumphantly. “I put the IP address on an international piggy-back and looped it, so it changes source every five minutes. I covered my tracks, no problem.”

“And you don’t think the fact that you’ve taken so much trouble to protect your identity isn’t a clue in itself that you’re probably still alive?” he countered.

Chloe exhaled in frustration. “I can’t win with you, can I?” she grumbled.

“You’d be surprised,” he murmured with a knowing smile. “So what great evil are you taking down today?”

“Improper use of state funds,” she replied, opening her laptop to show him the article. “Too much money has been sunk into the city sewer refurbishment project, and I have a feeling that Mayor Gillingham has his hands on a golden goose construction contract that he wants to keep flourishing. It’s the perfect cover for siphoning hard-earned tax dollars.”

His eyebrows went up. “You have proof of this?”

“I’m very close to getting it; why?”

“Because I know all about this project; Gillingham’s contractors outbid me for it by less than five thousand dollars,” he said. “He must have had an insider in my camp. If you take him down, I stand to pick up on that contract where he leaves off.”

“Well, you look for the leak in your department, and I’ll do what I can to hand you the smoking gun,” she said with a smile.

Lex tapped the computer again. “And you’re sure this can’t be traced?”

“Positive.”

“Then I have only one thing left to say…” he handed the computer back to her with a smile. “Sentinel’s a good name for you. You’re certainly looking after my interests.”

She blushed and took the laptop from him, her fingers brushing his as she did so. That tingly feeling ran up her spine again, and her knees shook slightly. She clenched her fingers tightly around the edges of the laptop to stop it slipping from her grasp.

“You might want to go easy on the thesaurus, though,” he advised as he settled down on the sofa.

“How do you mean?”

“Let’s see… ‘Despite constant reassurances from the councilman that the project would be completed on time and within budget, there has been little activity on the site,” He quoted.

Wow. He remembered all that?

“Good memory, Lex, but I don’t see why you thought I went overboard on the tech terms,” she said.

“I’m getting there,” he promised, and went on. “Worse, a most odoriferous aroma continues to emanate from the sewage pipes, which wafts leisurely over the city like a controlled cloud.’” He stopped and gave her a sardonic look. “Odoriferous, Chloe? Really?”

She shrugged a dainty shoulder. “It works.”

“It’s too much,” he shot back. “You’re a brilliant writer, but you do tend to run a little garrulous at times.”

“I’m no more loquacious than the next journalist,” she replied sweetly.

He rolled his eyes. “Please. You’re the most verbose person I know!”

“Who’s throwing the thesaurus around now?” she smirked, and he laughed.

“Just meeting you on your own playing field,” he joked. “Unless your knowledge of unfamiliar words isn’t as vast as I’d previously assumed…”

Chloe folded her arms and grinned. “You don’t know who you’re getting into a battle of words with, Lex. I know pretty much every tricky word there is out there.”

“On the contrary,” he replied. “I know exactly who I’m getting into a battle of words with, and that’s what makes it fun. Very few people can challenge me intellectually.”

“And you think I’m one who can?”

“That depends on the success you achieve in your sedulous juxtaposition of words, Chloe,” he smirked. “Challenge me you may, but I assure you…I will win. I always do.”

“Oh, I am so taking you down!” she exclaimed, sitting down next to him. “And for the record, sedulous juxtaposition was way too easy.”

“Agreed,” he replied. “Okay, Chloe; you give me a word, I’ll tell you what it means, and vice versa.”

She grinned. “You’re on.”

He made a gallant gesture in her direction. “Ladies first.”

Chloe nodded and cleared her throat. “Coruscate.”

“Glittery,” Lex replied without hesitation, gazing into her eyes. “Dazzling, sparkly; kind of like your personality.”

Oh, he was a smooth talker. Chloe felt her cheeks growing warm under his ardent gaze, and tried to ignore the warmth spreading through her insides.

“Your turn,” she whispered.

“Osculate.”

“Osculate, that’s um…” her cheeks grew redder. “That’s…kissing, isn’t it?”

“Correct,” he murmured, and leaned forward slowly until his face was so close she could feel his breath on her cheek. “Your turn again.”

“Huh?” she whispered, mesmerised.

“I said it’s your turn,” he replied with a knowing smile.

“Oh. Oh!” She cleared her throat and thought hard. “Estival.”

“Estival…” he paused. “That’s something seasonal…spring, summer…?”

“Summer,” she nodded. “Nicely done. Your turn.”

They went on trading words for another five minutes before Lex finally came up with a winner.

“Pulchritudinous.”

She blinked. “Polka-what?”

“Pulchritudinous,” he repeated and smiled. “Any clues?”

“I, um…” she thought hard for several seconds and eventually gave a deep sigh. “I hate to admit defeat, but this one’s way over my head.”

He smiled. “It means beautiful.”

“Really?” she said, surprised. “No wonder it isn’t more widely known, it’s the ugliest word for pretty that I’ve ever heard. So…does this mean you win?”

“Not until I’ve given you an opportunity to draw level,” he said, and folded his arms. “Give it your best shot.”

She thought hard, and then grinned as the perfect word came to her.

“Lunula,” she said.

“That definitely has something to do with illumination, light; most likely moonlight,” he guessed. “Am I right?”

She shook her head. “Nope.”

He frowned. “Am I close?”

She thought for a moment. “There’s kind of a clue in there, but…” she pondered, and then shook her head. “Nah, not really.”

Lex folded his arms and smiled. “Now you’re deliberately being vague, Chloe.”

“I’m not, I promise you,” she laughed. “But I can honestly say that none of what you’ve guessed so far is actually right. Peripheral at best, but far from correct.”

“Consider the towel thrown in, then,” he conceded. “What’s the answer?”

Chloe smiled and quietly reached out and took his hand. Lex regarded her curiously as she held it between hers and just studied it for a moment.

His palms were smooth, his fingers long and tapered. Artist’s Hands, she thought, as she traced his palm with her fingertips. One would be mistaken for thinking his manicured hands reflected a lack of skill. Lex was a trained martial artist, an excellent swordsman and a supremely gifted pianist. There was a world of talent within those hands.

She noticed he’d gone very still; probably questioning her fascination with his hands, she thought, surprised to realise she wasn’t at all embarrassed. For some reason she actually enjoyed touching him. Carefully she turned his hand so that his palm was down over her left one and with her right forefinger slowly trailed a path up the back of his hand until she got to the tip of his manicured thumbnail.

“This,” she whispered.

He cleared his throat loudly. “Uh…what?” he said, his voice gravelly and low.

She tapped his thumb. “That pale, crescent moon at the base of your thumbnail,” she explained softly. “That’s your lunula.”

Lex lifted his head and met her gaze, and she blinked in surprise at the expression in his eyes. Their stormy depths more grey than black, and he was breathing heavily, his chest rising and falling as if it was suddenly something that required conscious thought.

“That’s why I said your clue was kind of a clue, because it’s a moonlike-shape, and it’s pale in colour, but it has nothing really to do with light,” she babbled, trying to fill the suddenly intense silence.

“Right,” he whispered, then suddenly straightened, took his hand out of hers and quickly got to his feet. Chloe frowned and was about to ask what was wrong when he spoke.

“I’m sorry, but I’m late for a meeting,” he said shortly as he strode to the table and gathered his belongings. “I’ll see you later this week.”

And then he was gone, out the door before she could even respond to his parting words.

To be continued…

TrinityR
15th June 2012, 20:13
Excellent chapter:) I wonder... do you know all of those diffucult words or you were just having great fun with finding them out?:p
Love the banner!

hfce
15th June 2012, 20:25
LOL! I love their banter but man Lex ran out like his pants were on fire. LOL!

TrinityR
15th June 2012, 20:47

Actually... maybe there really was something wrong in his pants:D

tatie87
15th June 2012, 21:09
They have such awesome chemistry!!!

ChloeLovesLex
15th June 2012, 22:02
That. Was awesome.

It's my birthday today and this was a lovely gift :)

Happy belated to you!

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:02
Excellent chapter:) I wonder... do you know all of those diffucult words or you were just having great fun with finding them out?:p
Love the banner!
I knew Osculate and Coruscate. The rest, I had to go looking for. ;)

So glad you like it, Bebe! :D

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:03
Which is probably not too far from the truth!!! ;)

Thanks for commenting, hun! :)

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:06
Actually... maybe there really was something wrong in his pants:D
There definitely was, babes. Definitely! :D

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:07
They have such awesome chemistry!!!
Don't they just? :)

Thanks for commenting, hun! :p

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:10
That. Was awesome.
Glad you approve, m'dear! :p

It's my birthday today and this was a lovely gift :)
Many Happy Returns, my fellow June Bug!!! Glad I could make your day shine a little brighter! *smishes you* :D

Happy belated to you!
Thanks, babes! I had a brilliant day. :)

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:30
This is a fantastic start. Thanks for penning it. I can't wait to read more.
Glad you like it so far! :)

As for formatting...I wish I had the answer for you. Been here for years and I experience the same issues. I stopped bothering to format until I pasted it in and then edit it to what I want it to look like then. It's a huge pain, but eh, what are ya gonna do?
I guess I just have to follow suit. It's a bit of a bugger, though. :(

Update us soon? Pretty please?
Already done, as you very well know, and will work on Chapter 3 soon! :D Thanks so much for your kind comments, hun. :)

BabyDee
15th June 2012, 23:32
Nice! Been reading your stories since forever. Haha! :D Can't wait for the rest! :D Thank you!
My pleasure! So glad you like my stories, and I'm so thrilled to be posting my first ever Chlex fic! :D

Next chapter is now posted. Enjoy! ;)

BabyDee
16th June 2012, 00:59
Nice Start, can't wait to read more.
Thanks paolamhc! Glad you like it so far, and the next chapter is ready. :)

BabyDee
16th June 2012, 01:05
Hey BabyDee! It's great to see you here at the forum :D I've been a fan of your darker Chlark work for a while, and I can't wait to see what you do with a Chlex piece.
Somethingeasy! *hugs* So glad you're giving my Chlex work a shot. I'll try not to disappoint! :D

I really liked the start of this fic. The whole 'safehouse season' was a fascinating time for Chlexers, and there's just so much possibility and potential into everything that might have happened between Chloe and Lex during their time together. I loved the camaraderie and repartee that the two of them have in this fic. It was fun seeing the gentle teasing that they both engaged in, as well as the sympathetic bond that had obviously formed up... not to mention their very strong, smooth working relationship as well. Overall, they were already showing signs of being a perfect match in partners on many different levels.

Completely agree, the Chlexy potential at that time was colossal. Such a shame the show let it all go to waste. :(

Heeee! But, most of all, I loved the suggestions of Chloe looking at Lex, seeing him as a healthy, strong, attractive, sexy man, and feeling the 'sexual tension' between the two of them.
*strokes jaw conspiratorially* Ah yes, there is that. ;)

And, I have to admit, I would LOVE to see this attraction explored further... although it might be interesting to see Chloe examine this attraction and wonder whether she's suffering through some weird sort of Stockholm Syndrome. After all, all the elements required for 'capture bonding' are all there... plus there's the whole 'gratitude factor' as well, where Chloe is fully aware that she's being kept sequestered and 'imprisoned' in this safehouse purely for her own safety.
That would be an extremely interesting spin to put on things! I hadn't consciously thought of approaching it from that angle, but we'll see where the Muses take us now that the seed has been planted. :p

heh... then again... Lex could just as easily start wondering whether HE'S suffering through the relatively rarer Lima Syndrome. lol!
Ah, the Fates are already conspiring against them, providing ready-made excuses to explain away their budding attraction! :o

Great fic, BabyDee. I look forward to seeing what future chapters bring.
Thanks, hun! So glad you like it so far, and I hope Chapter 2 (which is now posted) continues to put a smile on yer face. :)

Gaia
16th June 2012, 12:37
This is why I fell in love with these two at the beginning. Their compatibility.

BabyDee
16th June 2012, 13:01
This is why I fell in love with these two at the beginning. Their compatibility.
Completely agree with you, their connection & chemistry was off the charts!!!

Glad you like Gaia, and thanks for commenting! :)

Kit Merlot
17th June 2012, 03:05
This was an awesome update!

I do like how flirty and bantery they were both being and I liked that he was thrown by Chloe's reaching for his hand, and I freely admit to not knowing any of the words Chloe and Lex were throwing around--they could both easily kick my butt;)

BabyDee
17th June 2012, 03:28
This was an awesome update!
Huzzah!!! *dances a merry jig* :D

I do like how flirty and bantery they were both being and I liked that he was thrown by Chloe's reaching for his hand, and I freely admit to not knowing any of the words Chloe and Lex were throwing around--they could both easily kick my butt;)
They've always been too smart for their own good, those two. ;)

So glad you like it, Kathy! :)

ghaziak
17th June 2012, 15:23
that was great! ..loved it!!! can't wait for more! :)

qazwsx
17th June 2012, 15:54
I'm liking what I'm reading...

BabyDee
17th June 2012, 20:54
that was great! ..loved it!!! can't wait for more! :)
Thanks again, ghaziak - so pleased you're enjoying it! :D

BabyDee
17th June 2012, 20:54
I'm liking what I'm reading...

And I'm liking that you're liking what you're reading! :D Hope you'll continue to do so!

Thanks so much for your comments! :)

cbrunberg
18th June 2012, 00:57
can't wait for the update.loved there banter

BabyDee
18th June 2012, 01:26
can't wait for the update.loved there banter
Thanks, cbrunberg! I really appreciate your comments, and I'm so glad you like it so far! :)

mama_kat
18th June 2012, 07:55
Awesome :)

I never realized a simple wordplay can be so stimulating, but then leave it to Chloe & Lex. The UST just burns LOL!

BabyDee
18th June 2012, 09:31
Awesome :)

I never realized a simple wordplay can be so stimulating, but then leave it to Chloe & Lex. The UST just burns LOL!
I know, right? It's like Nerd Porn with an edge!!! :D

Glad you like, babes!

ladyfayerie
18th June 2012, 17:45
Wow. That was...cool! :D I can't wait to know what would happen when they see each other again! :D

BabyDee
18th June 2012, 22:33
Wow. That was...cool! :D I can't wait to know what would happen when they see each other again! :D
It's just getting interesting. ;) I guarantee that their chemistry will be off. the. CHAIN. :D

Glad you like, ladyfayerie! Thanks for commenting. :)

chicablue
19th June 2012, 02:45
enjoying this one so far. Can't wait for the next one! :D

ChloeLovesLex
19th June 2012, 07:20
Hey BabyDee! I forgot to mention to you before about the titling format. Don't forget to put the chapter you are on, and the date in the title when you update.
Jules gets onto you and gives a warning infraction if you don't.
I tried to PM it to you, but I'm not a paid subscriber here anymore, and it wouldn't let me. No message space left. Sorry to put it in the open.

Like this:
Orchestrato, NC-17, Chapter 2, 6/15/12

Hope that helps :)

BabyDee
19th June 2012, 10:58
enjoying this one so far. Can't wait for the next one! :D
Working on it, chikablue . Glad you like, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
19th June 2012, 14:59
Hey BabyDee! I forgot to mention to you before about the titling format. Don't forget to put the chapter you are on, and the date in the title when you update.
Jules gets onto you and gives a warning infraction if you don't.
Ooh, we can't have that! Thanks for the heads-up, hun! :)

I tried to PM it to you, but I'm not a paid subscriber here anymore, and it wouldn't let me. No message space left. Sorry to put it in the open.
No problem whatsoever! :D

Like this:
Orchestrato, NC-17, Chapter 2, 6/15/12

Hope that helps :)
It does indeed, and I really appreciate all your help! *huggles* :o

ermelindis
5th July 2012, 14:47
Love this story. Chloe and Lex are the best. Great word play!

BabyDee
5th July 2012, 23:54
Love this story. Chloe and Lex are the best. Great word play!
Thanks, ermelindis! I'm having such a blast writing them. :)
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've had a lot going on in real life (have a job interview tomorrow - wish me luck!) and a lot of other family stuff as well...but I'll get back to it and hopefully post the next chapter before the end of the month!

Thanks again for commenting, it means a lot. :D

BabyDee
20th July 2012, 02:57
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, everyone!

Enjoy. :)

Chapter 3

As soon as the door closed behind him, Lex dropped his suitcase and stumbled, his knees suddenly wobbly. He reached for the wall to steady himself with one hand and clutched at his heart with the other, breathing harshly and gritting his teeth as intense pain clawed at his insides.

The pain. It had been like this ever since he’d sipped the brandy from that poisoned chalice all those months ago; his father’s punishment for handing him over to the authorities to face justice for the murder of his own parents. Lionel had meant to kill him as surely has he’d meant to blow Chloe up, and he’d very nearly succeeded on both fronts. But Chloe was alive, and so was he; only now, anything which elevated his heart rate too quickly and caused the blood to pump faster than normal through his veins - the chief culprit of which was sexual arousal - activated the toxin which otherwise lay dormant is his blood stream and caused him intense pain, almost killing him.

“You’re a very lucky man, Mr Luthor,” his doctor had told him the first time he’d filtered his blood. “Anybody else would have died within hours, but the mutation of your white blood cells is extraordinary; it enables your body fight disease and infection ten times faster and more effectively than those of normal people. It’s practically…regenerative.”

Not as accelerated a regeneration as he’d like, he thought wryly as he reached into his jacket pocket for the pain-relieving antidote. He was an assured young man, well-used to schooling and controlling his emotions in the presence of beautiful women. Instead, he’d been forced to flee Chloe’s innocent touch like a terrified teenage boy experiencing his first hard-on.

He took his time, sliding his jacket off his arms and lifting his left sleeve to bare his arm so he could inject himself directly into the vein as instructed. The medicine worked in conjunction with his white blood cells and immediately levelled the effects of the toxin, and to his relief, the pain instantly receded.

Lex took several deep breaths and relaxed. He knew he was courting suicide letting himself get turned on, but he found Chloe Sullivan very intriguing and incredibly hard to resist. Most of the women who surrounded him tended to be shallow, vapid types whose confidence came from their physical appearance and prettiness; not so with Chloe. That wasn’t to say she wasn’t beautiful, because she was, very much so; in fact, her unconventional beauty was one of the things that he liked about her. But her self-assurance came from the confidence in her knowledge and skill; and for him that was a huge turn on all by itself. He hadn’t been joking when he’d said that she was one of the few women he felt could challenge him intellectually, and he’d greatly enjoyed their verbal sparring the other day. And so had she. Knowledge, it seemed, was her aphrodisiac.

He narrowed his eyes as he retrieved his belongings, exited the building and seated himself in his Porsche. From what he knew of her, how she behaved and the boyish way she dressed, he was almost certain she wasn’t aware of her beauty, and probably didn’t even believe herself to be so. He had no proof of it, but he would bet that she was actually still a virgin. A wry smile tilted his lips. It would be interesting and challenging to peel back those layers and get her to acknowledge to woman within.

A twinge of pain gnawed at his heart, and he immediately steered the direction of his thoughts onto safer territory as he fastened his seatbelt and turned on the engine.

Flirting with Chloe had started off as a form of amusement to him. He'd been playing her, just light-hearted banter designed to keep her on-side until the trial was over. He hadn’t counted on the intense effect she would have on him - an effect that, in his vulnerable and weakened state, could quite easily kill him. It wouldn’t do him well to continue in that vein, nor visit her alone more often than was necessary.

Which was why it made absolutely zero sense for him to be standing outside her door the following afternoon with a brand new Scrabble board to hand, and why he categorically refused to question himself on it.

“Lex!” Chloe exclaimed as she opened the door for him. “I didn’t expect to see you until later on in the week.” She peered into the hallway in search of Williamson just as she’d done the last time, and he was smugly pleased to see how delighted she was that the other man wasn’t in attendance.

“It occurred to me that we neglected to tally score on yesterday’s verbal challenge, so I’ve declared it a draw,” he said. “However, I do feel a decider is in order, which is why I come bearing this.” He pulled the Scrabble out of the bag, and Chloe’s eyes lit up in pure delight.

“You really haven’t spent much time around me, have you?” she mused, taking the box out of his hands and tearing of the cellophane. “My Scrabble skills are pretty legendary around these parts.”

He folded his arms and gave her an indulgent smile. “That’s funny; so are mine.”

“Another impasse, huh?” she drawled, setting the game up on the carpet with admirable speed. “Ah, well…so be it. Hope you like the taste of failure.”

Lex frowned at her venue choice. “Something wrong with the table?”

“Nope. I just prefer the floor.”

He raised a pale brow at her suggestive words, smirking when he saw her cheeks redden.

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it!” she protested.

“Of course not,” he said with a grin. “The floor’s fine. Wouldn’t be my first choice, but I’m remarkably…flexible.”

Chloe’s cheeks went and even brighter shade of red, and they both sat down cross-legged on either side of the board. Fortunately for him he’d administered a dose of the antidote just before walking in, which should keep his blood balanced for a few hours at least.

She dipped her hand into the felt bag to select her tiles at the same time that he did, and their fingers brushed together in the tight confines. He saw her throat moved as she swallowed.

“No cheating!” she accused, flicking his finger with hers.

His eyes went wide. “I was not!”

“You were, too, you were feeling for the blank tiles!”

“You could only know that if you were doing the exact same thing,” he said smoothly, and she narrowed her eyes in defiant challenge.

“Break out the official Scrabble dictionary, Lex,” she said softly as she selected seven random tiles and lifted her hand out of the bag. “You’re gonna need it.”

She hadn’t been lying.

Chloe Sullivan was truly gifted when it came to Scrabble word construction. Either that, or she could detect letters by touch and was feeling her way through the bag.

“How old were you when you learned to read?” he asked as she placed the letters A, R and T on a fairly harmless spot close to the centre of the board.

“About three, I think,” she said as she lay on her tummy and picked three replacement tiles. “My Dad said I gave myself an early start.”

“I see.” He placed the letter T in front of her word so that they connected to form TART. “I can’t remember exactly how old I was when I acquired that skill, but I seem to recall it being rather early.”

“Chloe frowned down at his word. “As in pastry, or trollop?”

He blinked. “Hmm?”

She nodded at the board. “Tart.”

“Oh, that,” He grinned. “Whatever you want it to be. Just know, though, that it bears no reference to you whatsoever.”

“Of course not,” she replied sweetly before dropping the letters A and AN after TART to form TARTAN. “My N’s on a double word score box, by the way.”

“So it is. Good effort.” He tallied up the points and watched with a shrewd eye as she selected new tiles.

“What colour’s your family tartan?” she asked suddenly.

“My family tartan?” he repeated.

“All Scottish families have their own custom-made tartan,” she said. “I’d assumed you’d have one, seeing as you’re the proud son of a fine, upstanding family of Scottish heritage.”

“Well, as we’ve recently found out, my heritage is neither fine nor upstanding,” he replied quietly.

Chloe squeezed her eyes shut and sighed. “I’m sorry, Lex. I didn’t mean…I forgot.”

“It’s okay, it’s no problem. I’ve accepted the fact that I’m descended from a Scottish career criminal rather than highland nobility. Guess my father believed his own lie.”

“How could he do it?” Chloe asked in a quiet whisper. “Your father, what he did to his parents…?”

Lex’s jaw clenched. “As far as he was concerned, they were nothing more than sewer rats who were interfering with his great financial destiny.” He snorted in disgust and placed his letters on the board. “I’m no fan of either my father or his methods, but no matter how non-existent my feelings are towards him, I’d never do to him what he did to my grandparents.”

“Well, you wouldn’t have to,” she said gently as she formed the word NUT using the N from TARTAN. “You already have financial stability and security; anything more is just icing on an exceedingly rich cake.”

“Are you defending his decision to murder his parents for fraudulent insurance money?” he said, surprised. Quickly he used all seven tiles to create the word STRUMPET, utilising the first T in TARTAN.

“I wasn’t defending him, not by a long shot,” she quickly reassured him. “But the jury will hear how as a deprived child he fought off daily vermin for a piece of bread, and how when presented with the opportunity, the lure and temptation of lifelong wealth proved too great to resist.”

He nodded, understanding. “So you’re just playing devil’s advocate?”

“Pretty much.” She stared in awe at STRUMPET and nodded. “Nice.”

He smiled. “Thank you, and once again it bears no correlation to you whatsoever. Oh, and don’t forget to add my extra fifty points for using up all my letters.”

“You’re catching up, she noticed. “I can’t have that.” She studied her tiles and the board for a few seconds, then her eyes sparkled in triumph.

“What?” Lex queried. “What have you got?”

“This.” With a smug smile she added the letters G, I, N, G, E and R ahead of the N in TARTAN, then placed an S beneath the T from the NUTS she’d spelt earlier.

Lex stared at the board and did a double-take. “Gingernuts? Really?”

She grinned, and once again her gaze dropped briefly to his groin. “Please believe me when I say it holds no correlation to you whatsoever,” she chirped. “Oh, and don’t forget to add my fifty extra points…”

“Yeah, yeah,” he drawled.

“…and multiply it by 3 for dropping my ‘S’ on a triple-word score,” she finished triumphantly.

He gaped. “No way! Seriously?”

“Yep.”

He frowned. “Gingernuts isn’t a real dictionary word, I’m sure of it.”

“No problem - feel free to challenge,” she said smoothly as she deftly she handed him the Scrabble Dictionary. “Just remember that in the event of my victory, you miss a turn. Not very helpful to your already dismal score.”

She was right. He waved away the dictionary and tallied up the numbers, wincing at the massive gap between them. “I need to step up my game,” he said worriedly.

“Gee, ya think?”

He fixed her with a challenging look and then studied his own. Eventually he opted for the three letter word ERE, unconnected to the previous letters.

“That doesn’t get you much,” she pointed out.

He grinned. “I’m well aware.”

“Biding our time for the big win, huh?” she asked. “Well stand in line, sucker!” And she quickly added C, T, I, O and N to his ERE.

“Erection?” Lex exclaimed with a groan. “What is it with you and male genitalia today?”

“I can’t help it if all the good letters come to me,” she said petulantly.

“Don’t bet on it.” He placed his tiles and formed the word NIPPLE using the N from ERECTION as the starting point.

Chloe saw his word and flushed, automatically folding her arms to cover her breasts. “You just had to, didn’t you?” she accused.

He shrugged. “Hey, I can’t help it if the good letters…”

“Whatever.”

They played on in silence, the next several words being fairly innocuous until once again Chloe arranged her letters to create a word that made Lex raise a brow in concern.

“Well well, Chloe,” he said, staring blankly at the word TUMESCENCE. “I didn’t realise we were playing that kind of Scrabble.”

“I honestly didn’t plan this, Lex!” she protested with a giggle.

“Really?” he said. “Erection, Gingernuts, Tumescence…all just a coincidence?”

She shrugged. “No more so than your Tart, Strumpet and Nipple.”

“Ah.” He glanced at the board and smiled. “You can't count Tart; it got written off when it became Tartan.”

She tilted her head and gave him an odd look. “You ever worn a kilt?”

“We’ve just established that there’s no Luthor family tartan,” he reminded her. “Ergo, no; I’ve never worn a kilt.”

“You’d look good in a kilt.”

He smiled. “Have you been checking out my legs, Chloe?”

“No!” she insisted. “I just…I think…” she paused in her floundering and then continued. “I’m surprised your father didn’t have one commissioned when he hit the big time, I guess.”

“My father didn’t care for such posturing,” he explained as he spelt GY_SY along the top line, using the G from Gingernuts. “The blank’s a P, by the way, and the first Y’s on a triple letter score.”

“I gathered.” She frowned. “That doesn’t make sense. I’ve seen Luthorcorp Tower outside and in, and believe me - your father’s all about the posturing.” She nibbled on her bottom lip and spelt the word YEARN from the end of Gypsy. “I think it’s personal.”

“Whatever the case, the fact remains that there is no Luthor Tartan, nor will there ever be.” Lex played his last tiles and tallied up the score. “You win, Chloe.”

She flashed him a bright smile. “Told ya.”

He glanced at his watch; he wasn’t ready to go back to the big, sprawling, empty Mansion just yet.

“Will you at least offer me a rematch?” he ventured.

She nodded with a bright smile and swept all the tiles back into the bag. “We’ll make it best of three.”

To be continued…

TrinityR
20th July 2012, 10:21
poor Lex with that poison:( I hope his body will eventually fight it off.
I enjoy this chapter very much!
PPMS!

BabyDee
20th July 2012, 15:26
poor Lex with that poison:( I hope his body will eventually fight it off.
Lets hope so, hun! ;)

I enjoy this chapter very much!
PPMS!
Glad you approve, and I'm working hard on the next chapter. Thanks so much for commenting! *hugs* :)

somethingeasy
20th July 2012, 18:48
LOL! Just finished reading this chapter. That scrabble game was hilarious. I loved the detail provided, showing how all the words connected and layered on top of one another. I felt like I was watching a real game! The realness of the game brought a whole new level of realness to the snark and dialogue between Lex and Chloe.

Loved it! Thanks for writing! :D

ghaziak
20th July 2012, 20:36
awesome chapter!!! loved them playing scrabble and it turning dirty!;) LOL ... can't wait for more!! :)

BabyDee
21st July 2012, 00:40
LOL! Just finished reading this chapter. That scrabble game was hilarious. I loved the detail provided, showing how all the words connected and layered on top of one another. I felt like I was watching a real game! The realness of the game brought a whole new level of realness to the snark and dialogue between Lex and Chloe.

Hee! Glad you liked it, somethingeasy. I actually plotted the letters out on my Scrabble board to make sure they were all possible...must confess, I cheated a bit on how many of them landed on double/triple letter/word scores! :\

I can easily see Chloe and Lex bonding over their shared intellect, and it's such a joy bringing this 'ship to life. I'm so glad you like it! :)

Loved it! Thanks for writing! :D

Always a pleasure, and thanks for commenting! :p

BabyDee
21st July 2012, 00:41
awesome chapter!!! loved them playing scrabble and it turning dirty!;) LOL ... can't wait for more!! :)
When the two most intelligent people in Kansas play Scrabble, the earth shakes. Fact! :D

So glad you liked it, ghaziak! Working on the next update as we speak. :)

tatie87
21st July 2012, 06:36
I love Lex and Chloe playing dirty scrabble while bantering.

BabyDee
21st July 2012, 08:32
I love Lex and Chloe playing dirty scrabble while bantering.
If any two people could turn a simple game of Scrabble into something intellectually stimulating, It's Chloe and Lex . :)

Glad you like, babes! :D

Annie13
21st July 2012, 09:45
great part. can't wait for more.

BabyDee
21st July 2012, 11:11
great part. can't wait for more.
Glad you liked it, Annie! :p

starmoon
22nd July 2012, 07:28
please update soon i really can't wait for more.

BabyDee
23rd July 2012, 01:04
I have a lot on my plate, but I'll do my best not to keep y'all waiting too long, starmoon!

Glad you like it, and many thanks for your kind comments. :)

BabyDee
23rd July 2012, 01:04
I have a lot on my plate, but I'll do my best not to keep y'all waiting too long, starmoon!

Glad you like it, and many thanks for your kind comments. :)

Kit Merlot
1st August 2012, 00:46
I have said this before, but Chlexy banter will always be my weakness!

Dee, I need to ask for more as soon as you possibly can--if you can tear yourself away from the Olympics;)

BabyDee
1st August 2012, 00:53
I have said this before, but Chlexy banter will always be my weakness!

Dee, I need to ask for more as soon as you possibly can--if you can tear yourself away from the Olympics;)

You've discovered my weakness. How on earth did you guess? I've been camped in front of the telly since last Friday!!! :p

I hope to return to Orchestrato soon, my sweet. I've had a bit of a breakthrough on Crisis, so I wanted to work that through my system before the Muses turn on me. :) Plus, I have 2 Big Bangs to work on, and very little time within which to prepare them, so my time is very stretched. But I'm hoping inspiration remains, so that I can make the best use of my time and update all my WIPs at least once more before going underground to focus on the Big Bangs. :)

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, Kathy! Much appreciated. :D

hfce
1st August 2012, 04:03
LOL! Those two need to get laid. I can't believe I missed this update. It was a great read. :)

gecko
6th August 2012, 11:27
great fic, loving it, can't wait to read more

BabyDee
9th August 2012, 15:47
LOL! Those two need to get laid.

And how! :D

I can't believe I missed this update. It was a great read. :)
Sorry I'm just acknowledging your comment now, it's been a busy couple of weeks.

Thanks so much, I'm so glad you like it! I hope to update before it gets.to the one-month mark. :)

BabyDee
9th August 2012, 15:49
great fic, loving it, can't wait to read more
Thanks, Gecko! I've had a breakthrough on one of my other stories so I'm running with that for now...but I'll be back here again soon, hopefully before the end of the month! :)

BabyDee
22nd August 2012, 19:02
Back again, peeps. Sorry for the delay! :)

Chapter 4

Despite his initial efforts to stay away from Chloe, Lex soon found himself visiting her on a daily basis. Of course, he was now careful to administer the antidote in advance, so that if by chance he got aroused around her - as he often did - it would already be on-hand to counteract the poison as it accelerated through his system.

Of course, he’d mentioned this to his doctor, who was very emphatic in his disapproval.

“This is a very powerful antidote, Mr Luthor, and the fact that your body can tolerate it doesn’t mean you should subject yourself to it whenever a pretty girl tickles your fancy,” he’d said sternly. “I told you, I’m hopeful that your own immune system will eventually become resistant to the poison or somehow weed it out…but that won’t happen if you develop a dependence on a chemical cure.”

It made complete sense, of course, and it was a very valid reason for him to stay away from Chloe Sullivan.

But he couldn’t. It was as if there was an invisible cord drawing him to her, and he was powerless to resist. Their ‘Best of Three’ Scrabble sessions quickly became a standard part of their daily routine, and he loved watching her face light up whenever she won or landed a high-value word on the board.

They talked a lot, as well. He and Chloe had long, rambling discussions on everything from politics and religion to Greek mythology and folklore. He still flirted with her, of course, but also found himself really talking to her; deep, intense conversations about things he’d never spoken about with anyone.

One afternoon the following week, when the word GINGER had popped up on the Scrabble board again, Chloe asked a rather personal question.

"So, um...your hair…" she began hesitantly.

“Or lack thereof,” he said with a smile. “What about it?”

“I was wondering; were you affected...everywhere?"

"I wondered how long it would be until you got around to verifying the gingernuts theory," he replied with a chuckle, his grin widening as her cheeks turned bright red. "To answer your question, yes; my entire body was affected. Do you require visual proof of that?”

“No! No, no no,” she said hurriedly, squirming in embarrassment. “I only ask because…well, you have eyebrows, and I wondered how they were spared.”

“They weren’t,” he replied. “My father had hair from his own brows individually implanted into my face in the hope that they’d grow, but my body rejected them and they fell out in less than a week. When that didn’t work, he had the doctors put synthetic ones back in and got them to cauterise the follicles, sealing them in permanently.”

Chloe winced. “That must have hurt.”

“It did. I was twelve years old at the time.”

She frowned. “Does that mean your body can’t sustain hair growth at all?”

“That’s pretty much it, yes,” he said with a nod at the board. “Your turn.”

She glanced at her tiles and wrinkled her nose. “Pass. I suppose if you wanted to, you could always have the same procedure that was done on your eyebrows on other parts of your body,” she suggested. “The world has come a lot further in cosmetic surgery and anaesthesia that they had back then.”

He smiled. “You’re still wondering why I haven’t invested in that good toupee, I take it?”

She cringed and squeezed her eyes shut. “I am so, so sorry for saying that, Lex,” she said meekly. “In my defence, I wasn’t myself.”

“Yeah, I heard about the parasite,” he said. “But you were only saying what everyone else in this town must be thinking.” He nodded at the board. “Your turn again.”

“Pass.”

He frowned. “D’you need to change tiles?”

She shook her head. “Nah. I’ll risk holding onto them.”

He studied the board briefly and then placed his tiles before continuing.

“Like you said, the surgery’s cosmetic,” he replied. “I don’t need it. I appreciate my uniqueness now, even though it wasn’t easy getting to the point where I could embrace it.” More so when he had a father with a headful of thick, wavy locks that would make even a supermodel green with envy, he thought lamely.

“To be honest, I prefer you like this,” she said tilting her head and studying him with a critical eye.

He smiled. “You’re only saying that because you’ve never known me with hair.”

She grinned. “No, I’m saying it because I simply can’t imagine you with a mop of ginger ringlets,” she said, smothering a giggle. “Somehow I think that look would be a little less intimidating.”

An image of himself in a sharp business-suit with a curly carrot-top made him burst out into laughter. “Touché, Chloe,” he said. “Nicely put.”

“Seriously though,” she said, patting his arm. “…you look good like this. Don’t change it.”

He smiled. “I’m not in a hurry to. Believe me, this is one bad situation I’m happy to make the best of.”

“Well, you know what they say,” she said, trying to sound optimistic. “Whatever doesn’t kill you—”

“…leaves a horrible scar,” he finished bitterly.

She shook her head. “That’s not what I was going to say.”

“Maybe not, but it’s the truth, isn’t it?” he challenged. Pain from years of unhappiness welled up in him, and the words just tumbled out of him.

“I’m not just talking about myself here, Chloe. You, me, Lana, Clark…we’re all messed up from the tragic events of the meteor shower. Clark, maybe not so much because he has two parents who actually give a damn, but the rest of us…” he sighed, thinking of Lana’s parents, his baldness, the kid who’d been tied up in the cornfields on that fateful day, and Chloe’s own mother who’d reportedly lost her mind shortly after the meteor shower. “We’re all scarred,” he finished quietly.

Chloe was silent for a while, then she crawled around and came to sit beside him.

“That probably true,” she said softly taking his hand in hers . “But scars heal, Lex. That’s also true. You just need the right salve.”

He stared into her hazel eyes, and his fingers automatically tightened around hers. His gaze dropped to her lips, and for a split second he felt himself instinctively leaning in, his head lowering to hers ever so slightly.

“Oh, no!” she wailed, and he blinked and reared back immediately.

“What is it?” he managed to croak.

“You’ve got all the U’s!” she moaned, gesturing at his tray of letters. “I’ve got the Q, and I’ve been holding on to all the letters to form the word QUINTET, but I can’t do it without a U.” She folded her arms and pouted. “That’s an automatic 10-point deduction, because I know I’m never gonna shift that sucker.”

Her folded arms lifted her bosom upwards and outwards, and his gaze dropped from her lips to her cleavage. Immediately the tightening in his groin was followed by a searing pain around his heart, and he reluctantly tore his eyes away from her and stood.

“Tell you what – we’ll have a rematch tomorrow,” he said gruffly, glancing at his watch. “I need to get going, but can I use your bathroom first?”

She sighed and rolled her eyes. “How many times do I have to tell you, Lex? It’s technically your bathroom.”

He smiled and headed for the bathroom, his syringe discreetly tucked under his sleeve. He gritted his teeth in agony as he got to the bathroom and bolted the door behind him.

He thought briefly again about the doctor’s words and scaling back on his visits, but even as the needle pierced his skin and the cooling fluid travelled along his vein, he knew that wasn’t going to happen.

Maybe it was time he upped his dosage, instead.

Chloe hummed to herself as she set out the ingredients for her lunch the following afternoon. Cooking for one seemed almost pointless, but it had the advantage of being quick, and also offered her the chance to hone the one skill that was seriously lacking in her repertoire.

She was slicing tomatoes when her laptop beeped, indicating she had received an instant message. She smiled. It had to be from Lex; he was, after all, the only person who knew she was alive, and what her secret email address was.

Ready for that rematch? he asked.

She grinned and typed a return message. I’m always ready, Lex. See you in an hour!

Try 10 minutes. :-)

Chloe frowned. Impossible. How could he possibly get here in 10 minutes if he was sitting at a computer at work? Unless…

Are they choppering you in? she asked.

That would be most unwise, he’d replied. I’ll show you when I get there.

I’m making pasta and meatballs for lunch; care to join me? she offered.

I’d love to!

Hope you’ve written a will, she warned. I’m a terrible chef. :-\

You can’t be that bad! he wrote back.

I am. Most folks run a mile from my attempts at cooking :-( she typed, and took a sip of her coffee while she waited for his reply.

When it came, her eyes nearly popped out of her head.

Well, I’m not ‘most folks’, and I’ll gladly spank your culinary ass. :-)

To be continued…

hfce
22nd August 2012, 22:12
LOL!! The ending was golden. LOL!!! I loved this update.

You might want to got to the first post of your story and change the date there instead. Otherwise people won't know you have a new chapter. :)

TrinityR
22nd August 2012, 23:06
I loved it!! And mostly I love that Chloe apologized Lex for that tuppee. I really hope she could do that in the show. You fixed it!

BabyDee
22nd August 2012, 23:37
LOL!! The ending was golden. LOL!!! I loved this update.
Hee! Thanks, glad you liked it. I'll try not to keep you waiting too long for Chloe's reaction to that. :D

You might want to got to the first post of your story and change the date there instead. Otherwise people won't know you have a new chapter. :)
Sorted. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

BabyDee
22nd August 2012, 23:40
I loved it!! And mostly I love that Chloe apologized Lex for that tuppee. I really hope she could do that in the show. You fixed it!
I felt so bad for him when she said that, I just had to fix it. :p

Working hard on Chapter 5; fingers crossed I'll get it posted before the end of the month. Thank so much for your comments, Trinity! :)

cbrunberg
23rd August 2012, 00:22
can't wait for next chapter.loved the end when lex types he's not most folks and he would spank her ass

BabyDee
23rd August 2012, 00:55
can't wait for next chapter.loved the end when lex types he's not most folks and he would spank her ass
I thought that might wake y'all up! ;)

Glad you like, and I'm working hard on the next chapter as we speak. Thanks for commenting, cbrunberg! :)

Kit Merlot
23rd August 2012, 03:26
I am becoming a tad bit worried about the antidote that Lex is giving himself--that sounds like it could potentially harm him.

But the then the Chlexy banter makes me smile:D

Keep up the great work with this fic.

BabyDee
23rd August 2012, 03:59
I am becoming a tad bit worried about the antidote that Lex is giving himself--that sounds like it could potentially harm him.
You should be worried. The doctor's right, he isn't doing himself any favours. :(

But the then the Chlexy banter makes me smile:D
See? You think it's worth it, Lex thinks it's worth it...it's all good! :p

Keep up the great work with this fic.
Will do! Thanks as always for commenting, Kathy. :)

ghaziak
23rd August 2012, 18:54
LOL! Loved the ending!!! ;) ... Loving this fic. Can't wait for more! :)

BabyDee
25th August 2012, 11:19
LOL! Loved the ending!!! ;) ... Loving this fic. Can't wait for more! :)
Tee-hee! Thanks, ghaziak!!! :D

BabyDee
26th August 2012, 04:40

Previously:

Well, I’m not ‘most folks’, and I’ll gladly spank your culinary ass. :-)

Chapter 5

Chloe spewed coffee out of her mouth so hard it sprayed all over her screen.

She grabbed a tissue and quickly wiped it down, convinced the words would have disappeared with the coffee in the cloth.

They hadn’t. They were still there, in all their explicit glory.

She blinked and stared at the screen, dumbfounded. That had to be a typo…hadn’t it?

Ummm…Lex?!? :-\ she typed. Two seconds later, she received a reply.

Oh, Jesus!

She giggled and waited as another message came through.

I’ll gladly ‘sample your culinary art’ is what I meant to say. I am SO sorry.

No problem, she replied, grinning widely. But I’ll put the paddle out of sight, just to be on the safe side. ;-)

A few moments later, he emailed back.

I wouldn’t use a paddle. :-)

Chloe felt her cheeks grow incredibly warm. He wouldn’t make good on his threat, obviously, but still…she clenched her legs together and shifted on her seat as another, more intimate part of her warmed to the thought of his artful hand landing on her rump with a sharp smack—

How’s the pasta doing? he asked.

Yikes. She’d been so caught up in her fantasy, she’d completely forgotten about the food. She cringed, thankful there was no-one there to witness her embarrassment.

Gimme a sec… she typed quickly, and dashed to the kitchen to check on the food. Thankfully, it was bubbling away merrily like it was supposed to.

Looking surprisingly good, she typed when she returned to the computer. My culinary ass has improved, apparently. :-P

That’s great! I’m so hard for you.

She blinked, rapidly. What, now? :-O

He typed a series of quick messages, each one funnier than the last.

Oh, God —

I meant to say I’m hard for you

Oh no –

HARD, dammit!

Chloe convulsed with laughter. Whatever he was typing with, it was punking him big time.

A distinct burning smell caught her attention, and she quickly sent another message before dashing to the kitchen.

One sec, I think the pasta’s burning…

She managed to rescue it before too much damage was done. By the time she was done, the following message was waiting for her.

Oh dear. I’ll see you in a few minutes. Would you like me to bring a penis?

Chloe howled with laughter.

Er…should I be worried?! She wrote back.

Pizza! That should be pizza! he typed back frantically. And no need to be worried, I assure you! I'll be there in a sex.

Ummm...Okay, she typed back. Please be gentle! ;-)

Chloe!!! A sec, a sec! he typed back immediately.

Great! See you when you get here! :-)

True to his word, a very red-faced Lex knocked on her door about seven minutes later.

“Chloe, I am so sorry,” he apologised as soon as she opened the door. “That last one was supposed to be happy, not hard.”

She grinned. “I guessed as much.”

“I’m sorry. I honestly didn’t mean to say any of those rude things—”

“We’ll get to the naughty words later,” she said, ushering him in and locking the door. “What I want to know is how you could send me emails from your car! Text messages, I understand, but emails? How did you do it?”

He smiled and held up a very slim, black hi-tech-looking object. “With this.”

“Is that a cell?”

“It’s an iPhone.”

Her eyes widened. “As in I for Internet Phone?”

He smiled. “Correct.”

Chloe took it from him and frowned at it. “It’s got no keypad,” she observed. “Is there a hidden slider somewhere?”

“Not a traditional one. Look…” He drew a finger across the glass screen, and the phone menu appeared.

“It’s a touch-screen!” she gasped. “Where did you get this?”

“It’s a prototype, straight from the manufacturer,” he replied. “It won’t be on the market for another year at least, but it will be all the rage once it hits the stands.”

“I’ll say,” Chloe breathed. She touched the Internet Explorer icon and stared as she was taken to the Google homepage.

“You can actually browse the internet on this?” she asked, amazed.

He nodded. “It’s basically a mini-computer, complete with its own IP address.”

“Wow!” she exclaimed. “What else does it do?”

“Let’s see…you can listen to music, watch TV shows and movies, browse the internet, obviously…” his expression turned sheepish “…and of course, send emails and instant messages.”

“Ah yes, speaking of instant messages,” she said with a sly smile, “…what the hell happened there?”

“iPhone Auto Correct happened,” he said with a sigh.

“Is that like predictive text?”

“Yes, but it goes one further and assumes your popular words when you type,” he grumbled. “So even when I type the word ‘art’, it comes up as…well, you know. It’ll be a common feature of the next generation of androids and smartphones, or so I’m told.”

“So you must type the word ass a lot,” she giggled. “Amongst other things.”

He made a wry face. “Don’t ask.”

She tapped out the letters of the word spoken in full, and chuckled when it automatically reverted to the word spank.

“For a smartphone, it’s not so smart, is it?” she observed.

“Yeah, well let’s see how you get on with yours.” He pulled a silver iPhone out of his pocket and handed it to her.

She took it and stared up at him, her eyes shining in surprise. “You got one for me?”

“I’ve cloaked the IP addresses on both our phones, so they can’t be traced. It’s a safe way to communicate with me if your computer’s down.” He nodded towards the phone. “Go on - give it a try.”

Immediately she composed a quick email on the slick screen and pressed send, and was delighted when Lex’s iPhone pinged a second later.

“This is so cool,” she breathed. Suddenly she turned to him and he found himself in her arms, her breasts pressed up against his chest. “Thank you, Lex; thank you. This is such an amazing gift, I am fascinated beyond words!”

He returned her embrace, lifting a hand and resting it lightly on the small of her back. The skin beneath her thin shirt was warm and inviting, and he was seriously tempted to slip his hand lower and cup her luscious, curvy derrière…

Reluctantly he stepped back just as his body began to harden.

“Well, whatever you do, do not activate the location services,” he warned.

“The what?”

He sat her down and gave her a brief tutorial of the advanced software, and she spent the next ten minutes getting to grips with her new phone.

“Oh my gosh, I forgot all about lunch!” she exclaimed, quickly getting to her feet.

“It’s not still cooking, is it?”

“No, I turned it off, but I forgot to drain it,” she said worriedly. “It’ll be stone cold by now.”

He followed her into the kitchen, his gaze dropping to her lush behind as it swayed. God, but he couldn’t get her ass out if his mind…

She glanced into the pot and sighed. “It’s completely ruined,” she said dejectedly.

Lex stood behind her and rested one hand on her waist as he reached around with the other to lift a spoonful of soggy pasta out of the pot.

“Yep, the noodles have soaked,” he said with regret. “We won’t enjoy this.”

“Mmm. I take it you will not be spanking my culinary ass anytime soon, then,” she said, her voice sultry as she turned her head to look up at him.

The slight movement made her body shift so that her bottom brushed lightly against the front of his pants. Lex swallowed and once again struggled inwardly to control his automatic reaction to the unintentional caress.

“Not today,” he replied in a low, husky voice. Thanks to the upped dosage of his antidote, the pain didn’t kick in. Yet.

He allowed his mind to briefly entertain the thought of what would happen if he tightened his hand on her waist and pulled her flush against him. He could see himself grinding against her from behind, whilst he lowered his head and suckled on the throbbing pulse point in her neck…

“Will you get us a penis, instead?” she whispered with a giggle.

He stared and blinked at her in shock before remembering that she was referring to his pizza gaffe earlier.

“Tell you what,” he said, turning her all the way around to face him. “How about I cook for you, instead?”

He lifted her easily and deposited her on one of the bar stools, and smiled. “Now, pay attention. I’ll show you how culinary asses are developed, and then you can get with the spanking.”

Chloe giggled behind him. “Sounds like a plan to me,” she chirped.

Lex smiled at her as he rolled up his sleeves, donned an apron and quickly got to work.

It was very close to midnight before he reluctantly called it a day and left the safehouse for the Mansion.

Lex drove down the highway and humming to himself after a surprisingly intimate dinner with Chloe. They had talked and flirted outrageously, but he had been very careful not to let it progress to the point where he would put his hands on her, as that would have been disastrous. Antidote or no, the idea of getting physical with Chloe was completely out of the question. Aside from the fact that it could easily kill him, there was also the trial to consider. Both of them needed to maintain a clear head to secure his father’s conviction, and not give the Defence Counsel any reason to doubt Chloe’s statement.

He had just pulled into the Mansion’s driveway when his iPhone buzzed.

Testing: 1-2-3! she emailed with a smiley face.

Why aren’t you asleep? he typed back. It’s time for all good little girls to be tucked up in bed.

Shortly after she sent a bemused reply.

I believe that’s the line for bad little girls, Lex, ;-) she replied. He frowned and studied the text of the message he’d just sent…and groaned.

Oh, crap! :-\ he wrote. That should be 'tucked' up in bed – tucked with a T!

Suuuuuurrrre it is, she replied - this time, with a wink.

He sighed as he walked into his study and tapped out a brief, concise reply.

I hate my phone :-(

Why? she challenged. I love it! :-D

So are you? TUCKED up in bed? he asked, smiling as he typed.

Depends…you wanna come TUCK me in? ;-) she offered. Immediately he reached for his briefcase and rooted around for his antidote as the arousal that had nagged him all afternoon returned with a ferocious ache, both in his groin and in his chest.

Don’t tempt me, Delilah! he warned.

Wait a sec: wouldn’t that make you Samson? she challenged.

Give or take a few follicles, he joked. Have a good night.

You too. :-)

To be continued…

hfce
26th August 2012, 06:58
LOL!! This was a funny update. I love that iphone. LOL!!

BabyDee
26th August 2012, 09:11
LOL!! This was a funny update. I love that iphone. LOL!!
Yeah, if anyone in that town can get hold of progressive technology, it would be Lex. So he must deal with the downside as well! ;)

So glad you liked it! :D

TrinityR
26th August 2012, 10:25
That was AMAZING!! One of your best chapters!!
I couldn't stop laughing!
I'm just curious... what the hell LEx is usually typing and to whom? ;]
And I would've never thought he can cook!!

BabyDee
26th August 2012, 10:36
*takes a bow* Thankee, Trinity! I'm having so much fun with these two. :p

That was the plan, m'dear. ;)

I'm just curious... what the hell Lex is usually typing and to whom? ;]
I don't know, but I'm trying not to think about it! :D

I think he's just one of those people who likes to know that can do absolutely anything, from skiing to fencing to culinary skills. :)

So glad you liked it, babes! There's actually more, but it didn't fit in with the tune of this chapter, so I've saved it for Chapter 6 which will hopefully be ready later this week. See? I'm getting better with those updates! :D

Thanks for commenting!

BabyDee
26th August 2012, 10:36
*takes a bow* Thankee, Trinity! I'm having so much fun with these two. :p

That was the plan, m'dear. ;)

I'm just curious... what the hell Lex is usually typing and to whom? ;]
I don't know, but I'm trying not to think about it! :D

I think he's just one of those people who likes to know that can do absolutely anything, from skiing to fencing to culinary skills. :)

So glad you liked it, babes! There's actually more, but it didn't fit in with the tune of this chapter, so I've saved it for Chapter 6 which will hopefully be ready later this week. See? I'm getting better with those updates! :D

Thanks for commenting!

Kit Merlot
27th August 2012, 00:01
The Auto-correct texting never gets old:D And it's cool to see Lex not being able to master it--YET!

starmoon
27th August 2012, 02:23
i love the update it was great. i love that lex couldn't text it was so funny.

reyeslu
27th August 2012, 03:55
I can't play word games to save my life but I won't be forgetting the moon on my thumb anytime soon. Such yummy verbal judo. So splendidly magnetic. .. see I suck. But all true

ghaziak
27th August 2012, 23:23
hilarious chapter!!! loved their banter!! =D ... Can't wait for more!

BabyDee
28th August 2012, 00:03
The Auto-correct texting never gets old:D And it's cool to see Lex not being able to master it--YET!
Hee! It occurred to me that this was set before the dawn of the i-revolution, and that if anyone was going to get it first, it would be Lex. Glad you liked it!

Hopefully I'll have a new chapter for you all very soon. You've earned it for being so patient with me! :)

BabyDee
28th August 2012, 00:04
i love the update it was great. i love that lex couldn't text it was so funny.
Good to see him flustered for a change! :D

Glad you like, starmoon! :)

BabyDee
28th August 2012, 00:05
I can't play word games to save my life but I won't be forgetting the moon on my thumb anytime soon. Such yummy verbal judo. So splendidly magnetic. .. see I suck. But all true
Chlex has an appeal and a dynamic that is unlike any other, and it's been great getting to write them into a relationship. So glad you liked the chapter, reyeslu, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
28th August 2012, 00:06
hilarious chapter!!! loved their banter!! =D ... Can't wait for more!

Glad you liked it, ghaziak! If we're lucky, Chapter 6 will be up in the next few days. :)

BabyDee
28th August 2012, 01:40
Back sooner that I'd thought! In which we finally start moving towards the business end of things. ;)

After this chapter I’ll probably have to take a break while I write my Big Bang fics, but as soon as I get a spare moment, I’ll be back. Promise!

Enjoy. Awesome banner by ctbn60. Thanks, Carol! :)

Chapter 6

She was playing with fire.

Chloe tried to mentally caution herself as she showered the following afternoon. Yesterday she and Lex had indulged in some very raunchy word play which had started innocently enough, but then escalated until they were all but having e-sex via iPhone. And she rather than resist or be coy, she’d actually encouraged and egged him on.

She wondered what he really thought of her; probably that at seventeen, she was too young to play grown-up games. She also wondered what she really wanted from him. Maybe it was a result of having been cooped up on her own for months on end with no-one else but him for company; maybe it was the fact that they had the most interesting conversations ever; maybe it was just that from the moment she’d first met him, she’d been intrigued by all that panther-like grace and simmering sex appeal, and she was itching to explore it further.

Chloe sighed, and accepted that it was probably a combination of all three. She was attracted to Lex; he turned her on like no-one else ever had. When he’d hugged her yesterday, he’d pulled away before she could ascertain whether or not she also had the same effect on him. But from the conversations they had, and the mere fact that he’d pulled away from her so abruptly, she’d be willing to bet that yes; she did turn him on.

Even so…they came from different worlds, she and Lex, and she had no business even considering the possibility of anything happening between them, especially not with his father’s court case pending. Any change in the status quo before the trial could only hurt their cause. They both needed to remain focused on ensuring that Lionel Luthor got judgement for his crimes. And after the trial was over…

She made a wry face as she rinsed her hair. Somehow she didn’t see Lex inviting her over to the Mansion for dinner and cocktails.

She sighed, shut the water off and stepped out of the shower. Just as she reached for a towel, she heard a dull thunk behind her and swung around.

Lex was standing in her room.

“Lex!” she exclaimed, and hastily wrapped the towel around herself. “What are you doing here?” She glanced around and her eyes widened as she realised that the door was on the other side of the room. “Wait a minute; how did you get in here?”

He heaved a sigh of relief and headed towards her. “Thank God you’re safe,” he breathed, wrapping his arms around her. She managed to maintain some control over her reasoning faculties and step away from him, tucking the towel securely under her arms whilst she made what she hoped was a disapproving face.

“I know I always say that this is ‘technically’ your place, Lex, but on this occasion I think you’ve taken it a little too literally—”

“Grab your hard drive,” he said urgently. “And your iPhone, and…whatever else is absolutely essential to you.”

Chloe frowned, and for the first time noticed just how agitated and tense he was.

“What is it?” she whispered, sounding fearful. “Lex, what’s wrong?”

He walked briskly across the room and secured the door, effectively locking them in. When he turned back to face her, his stormy eyes were grim.

The safehouse has been compromised,” he replied quietly. “They’re coming for you, Chloe. We need to leave now.”

Chloe paled. “Oh, my God…”

“Your things,” he repeated. “Grab them. Quickly.”

“Of-of course,” she said, and grabbed her hard drive and iPhone off the dresser. She headed for the door to her room and started to open it, but Lex slammed his hand against it before she could get very far.

“My laptop…it’s in the den,” she explained, but Lex shook his head.

“No time. Is it backed up to the hard drive?”

She nodded. “Yes.”

“And is it self-locking and password-protected?”

“Of course, but—”

“Then you don’t need it.” Quickly he took her arm and steered her towards her wardrobe, which she realised was where he’d entered from. Beyond her bedroom door, she could hear the sickening sound of twisted steel.

Suddenly she had a chilling thought.

“Is my Dad okay?” she asked as he pushed her in.

“He’s fine. He’s been moved already, but they don’t seem to be after him.”

“What happened, Lex?” she asked as he entered behind her and closed the wardrobe door. She heard him feeling his way across the back wall, and heard the light beep of electronic buttons. “How did they find me?”

The back wall of the wardrobe slid open, and Lex quickly ushered her into a small, dimly-lit pod-like enclosure. He squeezed himself in behind her and pressed a button, and the door slid shut and sealed behind them.

“How did they find me?” she repeated urgently.

“Someone tipped them off,” he replied curtly.

“Who?” she asked. “Who knows I’m alive?”

Lex turned her to face him and stared down at her, his eyes dark in the muted light.

“Clark.”

“Clark?” she echoed, her eyes lighting up. “He’s alive?”

“We’ll talk about this after I’ve gotten you out of here,” he said gruffly. “Hold on to me.”

She did as he asked, lifting her arms and looping them around his neck. He tapped a few buttons on a panel in the pod, and an engine instantly purred to life.

“What are you doing? Where are we going—?”

“Just hold on to me,” he repeated harshly. “Hold tight, and hold still.”

She tightened her hold on him, blushing as the knot in her towel unravelled and it began to slip. She reached down with one hand to pull it back up, but the pod jerked and slid into a horizontal position, then suddenly shot off through a tunnel at lightning speed. Chloe shrieked and clung to him like a limpet, all embarrassment forgotten.

She had no idea how long or how far underground they travelled, only that it felt as fast as a rocket. The pod eventually shuddered to a stop, and Lex activated the door mechanism. As soon as it swung open, he climbed off of her and stepped out, his gaze briefly flickering southward. Quickly she grabbed her towel and rearranged it around herself.

“Where are we?” she asked, sitting up and looking around a stark-looking hallway.

Lex held out a hand to help her up. “The Mansion.”

Her eyes widened. “I’ve been in Smallville all this time?” she exclaimed.

“You needed to be close, and Smallville was so obvious a choice that it was the last place they’d look for you.” He walked towards a door, and she quickly followed him.

“But what about here?” she asked as he opened the door and ushered her into the adjoining room. “What if they find me here? You’ve got cameras all over this place, it’s far too dangerous—”

“There are no cameras in this part of the building,” he assured her. “And they’ve already been here looking for you once, so they won’t do it again.”

“But that tunnel we just took, they can follow us through,” she argued.

“They can’t; it was designed to collapse behind us,” he assured her. “All they’ll find if they hammer through the back of your wardrobe is rubble. It’ll take them weeks to dig through, by which time the trial will have come and gone.”

“Oh, okay. Speaking of my wardrobe…” she shivered and clutched the towel tighter to herself. “I kind of left in a hurry, and now I have nothing to wear, not even…” she blushed. “…underthings.”

Lex’s eyes twinkled. “Use your iPhone to order some new clothes, but have them delivered to this address,” he said with a smile, and wrote it down. “It’s an old warehouse of ours. I’ll pick them up for you and bring them home.”

“So I have to stay here until the trial?” she asked timidly.

“I can’t move you again without you being seen, Chloe,” he pointed out gently.

“But surely someone will see me here,” she babbled. “Someone on the staff is bound to be loyal to your dad, and—”

“Chloe - stop panicking,” he said, rubbing her shoulders gently. “Just take a deep breath…”

She did as he asked, taking deep breaths and gazing into his silver-grey eyes as the panic slowly receded.

“This part of the house fully self-contained, and off-limits to everyone,” he explained. “You’ve got your own kitchen, bathroom…everything. I can’t be here all the time as that will arouse suspicion, but I’ll visit you as often as I can. You’ll be fine here, Chloe. Trust me.”

She nodded and tightened her towel again, which didn’t go unnoticed by Lex.

“Wait here,” he instructed, and headed out the door. When he returned about five minutes later, he was holding a black monogrammed robe, a white Ralph Lauren sleeveless t-shirt and some grey silk boxer shorts by the same designer, which he handed to her.

“You can wear these in the meantime,” he offered, a hint of a smile on his face. “Unfortunately I don’t have anything remotely resembling a bra, so…”

She blushed and took them from him. “Thanks for these,” she said, eyeing the boxers with some worry. Those were going to be very snug across the hips.

“I’m sure they’ll fit,” he said with a smile, then turned around so that his back was to her. “Let me know when you’re done.”

She frowned, and she realised with a start that he expected her to get changed.

“Right. Right…” she dropped the towel, conscious of his presence even though he wasn’t facing her. She wriggled into the boxers and heaved a sigh of relief as the soft fabric slid up her thighs and clung snugly to her hips. The t-shirt was another close fit, and her breasts clearly stood out and stretched the material across her chest, but she looked reasonably okay.

“So…Clark,” she said as she slipped into the equally silky robe and belted it. “What happened?”

“He’s an idiot with the subtlety of a sledgehammer,” he said darkly. “He and that hare-brained cousin of yours…”

“Lois?” she exclaimed. “Lois is in town, too?”

“Believe me, you’ll wish she wasn’t,” he grumbled. “From what I hear, she found Clark naked in a field and suffering from amnesia, so she took him to the hospital where she ran into Martha Kent. He has no idea of where he was all this time or how he got back, but his memory has returned, and he’s fit as a fiddle.”

She heaved a sigh of relief. “That’s good to hear,” she replied. “But how did he know I was alive?”

“Somehow he found out your grave was empty - don’t ask me how,” he said, holding his hands up. “He came busting into my office yesterday to accuse me of keeping you prisoner.”

Her eyes widened. “What did you tell him?”

“That your grave was empty because there wasn’t anything to bury, which is technically true,” he replied. “He wasn’t satisfied, but he was willing to drop the accusations until your stupid cousin dug up your grave in broad daylight.”

Chloe’s already wide eyes opened even further. “She what? Oh, Jeez…”

“Lana’s back, too. She found her there, and now all three of them have been traipsing all over town looking for you,” he said. “They found your old safehouse, the one that got blown up, and only left when government helicopters came to shoo them off. Only now, that’s strengthened their belief that you’re still alive, and word has clearly gotten back to my father.”

“But you can’t be sure that Lionel’s actually done anything to try and hurt me,” she started, but he shook his head.

“Chloe, he sent an assassin. Your guards at the safehouse…I’m pretty sure they’ve all been killed,” he said gently. “That’s why I had to get you out of there.”

Oh, Christ. Her knees wobbled, and she felt the blood drain from her face. To think of the narrow escape she’d just had…

“So…what now?” she asked fearfully.

Lex came and wrapped his arms around her. “The trial’s only five days away now,” he said gently. “I won’t let anything happen to you.”

She rested her head on his chest and allowed the steady thrumming of his heart to calm her.

“I’m scared,” she said tremulously, her voice muffled against his chest.

His arms tightened around her, and she felt him kiss the top of her head. “I’ll keep you safe, Chloe,” he whispered, holding her close. “I promise.”

To be continued…

Sarah77
28th August 2012, 07:38
Loved that last line.
I feel bad for Lex. He's trying to keep Chloe safe, but Clark, Lois and Lana are making it impossible. Why would Clark believe Lex was keeping Chloe prisoner? That's ridiculous. Could someone please explain that to me?
I love this! Keep the updates coming. :)

TrinityR
28th August 2012, 10:20
That was AWESOME! I love the sudden action and that they are together in the mansion now. Stupid Clark! Stupid Lois!!
So we'll getting to the end?:( Buu... but I hope there will be a lot of fireworks between those two and that Lex will finally be cured and stop using that antidote. I'm concerned about his health.

hfce
28th August 2012, 16:58
UGH!! Of course Clark had a hand in it. That idiot and Lois as well. I am glad Lex got to her in time. Great update. :)

BabyDee
29th August 2012, 20:19
Loved that last line.
Me, too. :)

I feel bad for Lex. He's trying to keep Chloe safe, but Clark, Lois and Lana are making it impossible. Why would Clark believe Lex was keeping Chloe prisoner? That's ridiculous. Could someone please explain that to me?
Because Clark for some reason would rather believe Lex were an enemy, not a friend. Grr!!!

I love this! Keep the updates coming. :)
I'll do my best! :D

Glad you like, Sarah, and thanks for commenting. :)

mama_kat
1st September 2012, 13:09
Love everything about this story :)!

BabyDee
3rd September 2012, 01:17
Love everything about this story :)!
Thanks, Mama Kat! :) *hugs*

cbrunberg
6th September 2012, 02:02
great update.loved that lex moved so fast and the fact the chloe is staying the mansion with lex. but clark,lois,lana have no idea what they are doing by looking into what happen. they are putting chloe life in more danger than before

BabyDee
8th September 2012, 17:24
great update.loved that lex moved so fast and the fact the chloe is staying the mansion with lex. but clark,lois,lana have no idea what they are doing by looking into what happen. they are putting chloe life in more danger than before

Clark is a sweey guy, but he's often very clueless and this is one such case where he's gotten it completely wrong. Lucky Lex knows how to think on his toes, I guess. :)

Glad you like it, babes! :D

ChloeLovesLex
10th September 2012, 07:41
Fantastic update. Glad she got out safely. Can't wait to see how things go at the mansion ;)

BabyDee
14th September 2012, 23:18
Fantastic update. Glad she got out safely. Can't wait to see how things go at the mansion ;)

Thank you, so glad you like it! :D

I'm working on some time-sensitive stories at the moment, but I'll return to my lovely Chlex as soon as I can! :P

gecko
16th September 2012, 18:14
can't wait to read more and to see what happens next.

poop
17th September 2012, 01:41
great story!

BabyDee
17th September 2012, 03:15
can't wait to read more and to see what happens next.

Thanks, Gecko! Hope to update again soon. :)

BabyDee
17th September 2012, 03:16
great story!

Thanks you so much, I appreciate your comments! :D

trinna
23rd September 2012, 17:26
More please.

mama_kat
24th September 2012, 07:40
Hi, BabyDee! Any chance for an update? :)

BabyDee
27th September 2012, 02:01
Hi, BabyDee! Any chance for an update? :)
Hi, mama_kat! :)

Sorry for the radio silence; I mentioned on LiveJournal that I'd be taking a hiatus from updates whilst I worked on a few things. If things pan out and I have a bit of spare time, I'll try and chuck in an update sometime in October, but we'll see how things go.

I definitely haven't forgotten y'all, and I'm eager to return to my lovely Chlex. Thanks so much for all the encouragement! I really to hope to be back bearing gifts very soon. :)

BabyDee
27th September 2012, 02:02
More please.

Hi Trinna! Nexy update will hopefully come sometime in October; I kind of have my hands full at the moment. But I haven't forgotten my Chlex story, or my lovely Chlex readers. I shall return!! :p

TrinityR
14th October 2012, 11:55
Need an update!!:(

BabyDee
14th October 2012, 17:42
Need an update!!:(
Hi, Trinity! Thanks for the bump. I'm a bit busy with real-life challenges and also writing 2 Smallville Big Bang stories, which will be completed in December, so lots going on. But I will return to this as soon as they're done, hopefully even have a chapter sometime this or next month, fingers crossed! :)

*hugs*

BabyDee
25th November 2012, 11:08
Hi, All! Just checking in with a progress update. :)

My Smallville Big Bang fics are progressing nicely. One is completed (Chlark) and will be posted on 27th November, and the other (Chlollie) is a few chapters away from completion and will be posted (I think) on 7th December, after which I will return to this story.

Rest assured, you haven't been forgotten or abandoned, and I can't wait to return to my beloved Sexy Chlex! :D

malugargula
5th January 2013, 23:25
This fic is amazing!!! I love safehouse's fics, I love reading good things about those time Chloe was hiding
Can't wait to read more
I laughed so hard with the Auto-correct texting stuff... I had some trouble myself when I got mine

BabyDee
6th January 2013, 03:16
This fic is amazing!!! I love safehouse's fics, I love reading good things about those time Chloe was hiding
Can't wait to read more
Thanks, malulargula! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I was dealing with some other commitments. The good news is I'm just about ready to continue with this, so if all goes well, there should be another update within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

malugargula
6th January 2013, 06:54
Thanks, malulargula! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I was dealing with some other commitments. The good news is I'm just about ready to continue with this, so if all goes well, there should be another update within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Yay!!! I'll be anxiously waiting :)

BabyDee
20th January 2013, 21:29
Yay!!! I'll be anxiously waiting :)

Not long to wait now; hoping I can get the next chapter posted tomorrow. Fingers crossed! :)

BabyDee
22nd January 2013, 05:00
Just shy of five months since my last update! :o My sincere apologies. But better late than never! :)

Enjoy. Amazing banner by ctbn60 at LiveJournal. :)

Warnings: Some chronology-shifting with the events of Episode 4.1 (Gone)

Chapter 7

“Ah - Lex!” Lionel greeted as his son walked into the entry room. “Just the person I was waiting for.”

Lex gave his father a sardonic stare through the prison bars and said nothing. Lionel’s arms were outstretched, but not in greeting; there was a man in the cell with a tape measure getting the length of his father’s shirt sleeve and inside leg.

“It’s Saturday morning, Dad,” he said sourly.

“So? A good-looking boy like you has no need for beauty sleep,” Lionel joked.

Lex wasn’t amused. “Why have you summoned me?”

“I need your opinion on something,” his father replied. “Vittorio here is an exquisite tailor, but I’m not too convinced about his sense of colour.” He crossed the room and picked up two swatches of expensive fabric. “I’m of two minds, torn between the dove-grey pinstripe and the classic navy. What do you think?”

Lex shrugged. “Personally, I think it’s a waste of a new suit.”

“Oh, come now, son,” Lionel chuckled. “I think it’ll still come in useful in convincing the jury of my innocence.”

“And you honestly think they’ll believe you’re innocent?” Lex challenged.

“In this suit? Definitely,” was the smart reply. “Even if Miss Sullivan were alive to testify against me, they’d probably still find in my favour.”

White-hot rage bubbled up in Lex, and he clenched his hands into tight fists. “Look at you,” he said, his voice dripping with disdain. “You cut down a bright young woman with her whole life ahead of her, just because she got in your way…and you’re not even sorry.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Lex,” Lionel replied swiftly, his voice hardening. “I’m sorry that you ever thought it wise to betray your own father.”

“Are you threatening me, Dad?” Lex queried softly. “Well, go ahead; threaten me all you want. I’m not afraid of you.”

“Of course you’re not,” Lionel said, smiling at the young tailor and thanking him in Italian. The young man took his heave, and Lionel stared coldly at Lex.

“You’re not scared because I raised you to stand on your own two feet,” he said stonily. “All those tests I put you through were designed to make you stronger, and they did. So whatever it is that made you the man you are today, you have me to thank for it.”

“And that just eats you up inside, doesn’t it, Dad?” Lex goaded softly, smiling as his father’s right eyelid twitched in annoyance. Lex trailed a finger across the steel bars, causing an inappropriately pleasant tinkle in the starkness of the prison that he hoped his father found most annoying.

“You’re a murderer,” Lex said harshly. “And I’m not going to stop until you’re convicted for killing my grandparents.”

“And I’m not going to stop until I’ve taken back everything you’ve clawed from me, Lex,” Lionel replied, his voice measured and menacing. “This isn’t over, not by half. With every sip of wine you take, every key you turn, every word you speak, you’ll wonder where I and what I’m planning to do to you. I swear to you now: you will never know another moment’s peace.”

Lex swallowed hard, and despite his best efforts to remain unaffected he felt a twinge of fear at his father’s ominous words. He schooled his expression and straightened, stepping back from the bars.

“You know what, Dad?” he said as he backed off. “Tell me all this again in a week, when you’re a convict in a custom-made tangerine-tinted jumpsuit.”

He turned and walked away, signalling for the guard to secure the door behind him.

Lex drove up his driveway and shut off the engine, then closed his eyes and briefly rested his head back on the plush leather headrest of the seat.

It was good to return to the Mansion; visiting his father was always physically and mentally draining, not to mention worrying. Lionel took perverse pleasure in goading him, and recently he’d taken to probing him for information about Chloe. It was subtle, but it was there, and Lex was careful to pick up on it and not say anything that might indicate that Chloe was still alive.

But from the smugness of his father’s attitude, Lex suspected that Lionel knew Chloe was alive, and had probably rightly guessed that Lex knew her whereabouts. He’d always been very careful when visiting Chloe at the safehouse, and he’d noticed over the last couple of days since moving her to the Mansion that someone had been tailing him. He’d done all he could to create false trails, such as go out in the evenings simply to mislead whoever might be watching him and create an impression that even if she were still alive, she wasn’t at the Mansion with him. It was tiring and bothersome, but there were only three more days left until the trial; he could hold on for three more days.

He glanced up at the windows, and was satisfied that Chloe’s quarters appeared un-lived in from the outside. He’d cautioned her against touching or even looking out the windows, because the risk of being spotted was too dangerous. She’d done exactly as he’d asked and also kept away from the main areas so that she wouldn’t be seen by staff. But now that they were so close to the end of this incredible situation, he could sense a growing restlessness in her whenever he checked up on her.

He stared up at the silent window and wondered what she was doing; probably either reading, or blogging on that Sentinel website of hers. He had tested her connections, and she had covered her tracks well, but it was only a matter of time until someone close to her read one of her articles, put two and two together and came up with the obvious four. He was tempted to seize her computer until after the trial, but that would have been far too restrictive. It was bad enough that she’d been denied her freedom for three whole months because she was helping him to put a murderer behind bars. She’d sacrificed enough.

He got out of the car and smiled to himself as he locked the door and headed for the house. The poor girl probably had an advanced case of cabin fever by now; he decided to give the staff the weekend off, so Chloe could move about more freely over the next few days. It would be nice to sit and have coffee with her in front of the library fire.

As he approached the front door it opened, and his butler stepped out to greet greeted him.

“Welcome back, sir. Miss Lang is waiting for you in the study.”

He stopped. “Lana’s here?” He turned back towards the grounds, and was surprised to see her SUV parked next to his. He hadn’t even noticed.

Lana. At one point he’d actually considered seducing her; in addition to being incredibly pretty, she would have been a good source of information on the elusive Clark Kent. But after she moved to Paris his interest waned, and before he even realised it, it was Chloe who was on his mind.

Now Lana was back, and waiting expectantly. What did she want?

“Thank you, Angus; I’ll see her now. Oh, and…” he gave the older man a knowing smile. “You and the team are excused for the rest of the night, and for the weekend.”

Angus’s brows rose. “All weekend, sir?”

Lex nodded. “All weekend.”

Angus glanced towards the study, probably assuming that Lex wanted privacy to spend the weekend with Lana. “Very good, sir. Enjoy your weekend, and please call if you need any of us.”

Lex watched him go, and then strode purposefully into the study. Lana looked up as he entered, and rose to her feet with a smile.

“Lex,” she greeted warmly, extending her arms. “It’s good to see you.”

“Welcome back, Lana,” he said, accepting her hug and kissing her chastely on the cheek. “How was Paris?”

“Paris was…enlightening,” she finally replied. “Being there opened my eyes to quite a few things. I learned a lot.”

“So I see,” he said. And the top of her learning list had been modifying her fashion sense, apparently. Gone were the alice bands, ballet flats and the soft pink and baby-blue sweaters she used to favour. In their place were black high-heels, black leather pants and a matching halter-neck chiffon blouse which left her shoulders and arms bare, further emphasised by the way her hair had been pulled away from her face in a severe ponytail. Her lips were dark crimson, her eye make-up stronger and more defined.

Yep, there were definitely some changes here. He wondered whose benefit it was for, and sincerely hoped it wasn’t his.

“To what do I owe the pleasure?” he asked.

“There’s something I need to ask you,” she began carefully.

“Oh, dear. Are you going to accuse me of hiding Chloe, too?” he asked, trying to keep his voice light.

“Actually, I need a favour,” she replied. “I wanted to find out if the apartment above the Talon is vacant; and if it is, I was hoping that I might rent it from you.”

So she was here for herself. That figured. “The answers are yes, and yes,” he replied politely. “I’ll just grab the keys for you.”

“Thank you.” She sat down and absently studied her manicure whilst he walked over to his wall cabinet and went through the keys on the hooks.

“I take it you’ve heard about Chloe,” he said after a while, studying her carefully.

“I have,” she whispered, and bowed her head. “Such a shame; she was my best friend, and I really miss her.”

Lex narrowed his eyes and watched as she appeared to grieve for all of two seconds before examining her nails again.

“Life goes on, huh?” he said as he took the Talon keys over to her.

She nodded and gave him a sad smile. “I guess. So…what are the terms and conditions of the let?”

She certainly moved on fast, he thought sardonically. He’d always known she was a tad selfish, but still…

“I’ll draw up a rental agreement and drop it off later in the week,” he replied.

She smiled. “Thanks, Lex. I trust you’ll be fair with the rent rate; not that you really need the cash.”

She teetered off on her ridiculously high heels, and Lex almost shook his head in disbelief. Her toes must be killing her in those shoes; why was she torturing herself by wearing them where hardly anyone could see them? It was just Smallville, after all. She’d probably be a whole lot better off in army boots and combat trousers.

Speaking of girls in army boots and combat trousers…

He pulled out his smartphone and typed out a message.

Your friend was just here.

A few seconds later, she replied. Clark?

Nope; the other one.

Oh, Pete’s back? :-)

Lex rolled his eyes. Wrong again, he replied. The other ‘other’ one - Lana.

Aw. I wish I could have seen her, Chloe texted back.

No, she didn’t, he thought with a light chuckle. Lana had been so wrapped up in her own needs, she’d barely spared a passing thought for her ‘dead’ friend, and even then he’d been the one to bring it up.

Care to join me for coffee in the study? he offered.

In your own words, ‘that would be most unwise,’ she replied. You know I can’t be seen.

There’s no-one to see you but me, he responded. I sent the staff home for the weekend.

And the security cameras? She asked.

All disabled, I told you, he replied.

Oh! She replied with a smiley face. Well, if you’re sure…

He chuckled to himself, and tapped out a reply. I’m sure.

In that case, see you in three…two…

He heard her footsteps approaching along the hallway, and he smiled expectantly at the top of the stairs as he waited for her blonde head to emerge.

“I told you Chloe was alive!” Clark shouted, barging into his study without warning.

“Clark!” Quickly Lex pocketed his smartphone and glared at his unwelcome guest. “Jesus, didn’t your wonderfully perfect parents ever teach you to knock?”

“Chloe’s alive,” Clark repeated, ignoring him. “You know she is.”

Lex gulped. Busted. “Listen, Clark—” he began.

“Look at this,” Clark interrupted, shoving a page from a newspaper in his face. “This article, right here. The Sentinel? That’s Chloe.”

To be continued…

Sheliana
22nd January 2013, 05:21
Damn, I have to go to work right now. But while I/ m stilll here:

1. Awesome Lex-Lionel scene! Please can I have some more?:D

2. Ugh, Lana with her constant whispering. She wasn't particularly affected by Chloe's 'death' in canon, so it's nice that at least in fic her shallowness is noticed by others. And I giggled at Lex's thoughts on her high heels!

3...is it too much to hope for that Clark and Lex may eventually reconcile in this fic? (And by this I mean actual reconciliation, and not the farce we were treated to in canon.)I'll roll with whatever you choose to write, but this would be kind of awesome (heartbroken Clex fan in me talking.:))

Thanks for the new chapter!

TrinityR
22nd January 2013, 16:55
Clark, are you freaking kidding me?!?!
First, I just burst into laugh, but then I was just annoyed.
I'm SO SO SO glad that you're back!!
Awesome chapter and can't wait for more!

Kit Merlot
23rd January 2013, 01:36
Man, you have Lana's self-involved nature down pat--thanks for grieving for the friend that took your ass in.

And are my eyes deceiving me but are you actually going to have Lana paying rent at The Talon apartment? Didn't you hear, Lana Lang doesn't pay rent:D

Now Clark decides to worry about Chloe?

So glad to see this lovely story updated--I missed it :)

hfce
23rd January 2013, 04:50
NOOOO!! I want more. I can't believe you stopped there. More please. :)

malugargula
23rd January 2013, 05:22
Oh, Lionel, the MB is playing dirty... I love it lol He's so much fun
Well, Lana is as annoying and selfish as always.
Clark is just being Clark, with his bad timing.
Thanks for updating, can't wait to read more

swilli44
2nd February 2013, 05:16
Clark has hilariously bad timing. Lana is just sadly hilarious. I'm happy you're back updating.

BabyDee
3rd February 2013, 20:57
Damn, I have to go to work right now. But while I/ m stilll here:

1. Awesome Lex-Lionel scene! Please can I have some more?:D
Yes, Sheliana, there be more father & son scenes to come! :p

2. Ugh, Lana with her constant whispering. She wasn't particularly affected by Chloe's 'death' in canon, so it's nice that at least in fic her shallowness is noticed by others. And I giggled at Lex's thoughts on her high heels!
Lana was always a selfish cow, so no surprises there. :D

3...is it too much to hope for that Clark and Lex may eventually reconcile in this fic? (And by this I mean actual reconciliation, and not the farce we were treated to in canon.)I'll roll with whatever you choose to write, but this would be kind of awesome (heartbroken Clex fan in me talking.:))
TPTB really dropped the ball on the Clex relationship; making it All. About. Lana was amazingly, incredibly stupid. :( I shan't be focusing too much on the Clex relationship, but I'll do a much better job with it than the showrunners did! :)

Thanks for the new chapter!
You're welcome! :D

Sheliana
3rd February 2013, 22:50
Yes, Sheliana, there be more father & son scenes to come! :p

Yesssss! I'm such a sucker for well-written Lex-Lionel. Maybe it's because not a lot of people can actually do them justice, so I treasure all stories that truly capture their voices and their complex relationship.

TPTB really dropped the ball on the Clex relationship; making it All. About. Lana was amazingly, incredibly stupid. :( I shan't be focusing too much on the Clex relationship, but I'll do a much better job with it than the showrunners did! :)

And that's good enough for me. Yay!:) Looking forward to more from you!

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 00:39
Clark, are you freaking kidding me?!?!
Regrettably not! :D

First, I just burst into laugh, but then I was just annoyed.
Yeah, Clark has that effect on people! :lol:

I'm SO SO SO glad that you're back!!
Awesome chapter and can't wait for more!

Good to be back, Rose. I'll try not to stay away too long this time! *huggles*

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 00:47
Man, you have Lana's self-involved nature down pat--thanks for grieving for the friend that took your ass in.
I know, right? Selfish cow :p

And are my eyes deceiving me but are you actually going to have Lana paying rent at The Talon apartment? Didn't you hear, Lana Lang doesn't pay rent:D
How right you are, Kathy - she swishes her shiny hair, and men give her things for free! :D

Now Clark decides to worry about Chloe?
Don't even get me started on Clark - we'll be here all day!!! :lol:

So glad to see this lovely story updated--I missed it :)
Good to be back, babes. I'll try not to stay away too long! :p

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 00:49
NOOOO!! I want more. I can't believe you stopped there. More please. :)
Workin' on it. Glad you like, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 00:52
Oh, Lionel, the MB is playing dirty... I love it lol He's so much fun
He ain't called the MB fer nothin'! ;)

Well, Lana is as annoying and selfish as always.
No surprises there... :p

Clark is just being Clark, with his bad timing.
Yup - typical Clark!!! :p

Thanks for updating, can't wait to read more
Glad you like, babes! I'll try to work faster on the next one. :)

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 00:58
Clark has hilariously bad timing. Lana is just sadly hilarious.
Oh, BOOM bebe!!! Nicely done!!! :D

I'm happy you're back updating.
I am, too. It's great to write my Chlex again! *hugs* :p

BabyDee
4th February 2013, 01:04
Yesssss! I'm such a sucker for well-written Lex-Lionel. Maybe it's because not a lot of people can actually do them justice, so I treasure all stories that truly capture their voices and their complex relationship.
SQUEE! I'm flattered you count me among the ranks of those who do write them well, and I'll try my hardest not to disappoint you! :)

I shan't be focusing too much on the Clex relationship, but I'll do a much better job with it than the showrunners did!

And that's good enough for me. Yay!:) Looking forward to more from you!
Working on it! :)

Irikidzai
11th February 2013, 01:40
Just found this and my heart was literally racing as I finished the last chapter. Can't wait for more!

BabyDee
11th February 2013, 10:45
Just found this and my heart was literally racing as I finished the last chapter. Can't wait for more!
Yay, a new reader! *hugs* :D

Many thanks
for your awesome and encouraging comments, Irikidzai . I'm having so much fun writing Chlex, and I really appreciate your kind feedback! :)

BabyDee
25th February 2013, 03:30
Back again with more Chlex! And, er…*looks nervously left and right* you may not like me too much by the end of it, because they have a little tiff. Just a teeny one. :-\

I mean, come on. You didn’t really think I’d write an entire Chlex story without them having at least one little fight, did you? Worry not, though; I have great plans for the make-up scene. :-P

Enjoy! Stunning banner by ctbn60. Thanks, Carol! :)

Chapter 8

Realisation dawned in Lex’s mind as he stared at the papers in Clark’s hands, and he mentally heaved a sigh of relief. For a brief second there, he’d thought Clark had actually seen Chloe at the top of the stairway. Thankfully he was just acting on a very accurate hunch.

“Look at this,” Clark continued as walked over to Lex’s desk and spread out the newspaper he’d brought in, along with some printed pages. “I got these off a blog after the newspaper article referenced it. It has to be Chloe.”

L steeled his expression and sighed. “You’re grasping at straws, Clark.”

“It’s Chloe,” he insisted. “I’ve proofed her work enough times to know both her writing style, and the public issues that would interest her. And this story here is right on the money on both counts.”

“Let’s assume hypothetically that what you’re saying is true,” Lex said carefully, “…and Chloe is alive and in hiding, I hardly think she would risk discovery by running a public blog. Do you?”

Clark gave him a condescending look. “Please. This is Chloe we’re talking about. The blog may be public, but she’s shrouded her identity and made the website hack-proof. It’s her classic m.o.”

“Not exactly the actions of someone who’s trying to stay dead,” Lex rebutted, but Clark snorted derisively.

“You don’t know Chloe like I do. She couldn’t leave a story untold any more than she could probably resist the call of nature,” he replied. “And this particular subject, the city sewer refurbishment project? It’s something she’d been looking into for a while.”

“I’m sure she wasn’t the only reporter looking into it, Clark,” he said. “And I know losing her has hit you hard, but—”

“Stop lying to me, Lex! Chloe’s alive, and we both know it,” he said harshly. “I came this close to finding her, but she slipped through my fingers.”

Lex frowned. “What are you talking about?”

“I found another safehouse,” he explained, making Lex’s heart sink. “There were dead guards all over the place and all Chloe’s things, including her computer and a makeshift wall of weird. But Chloe was gone. I need to find her before they do.”

Lex gritted his teeth in annoyance. Clark’s damned meddling was probably how they had managed to trace the safe house in the first place.

“Alright, Clark,” he began slowly. “Again, assuming Chloe’s alive and in hiding somewhere…don’t you think all your poking around is what’s actually putting her in danger?”

Clark’s eyes narrowed suspiciously. “You know something, don’t you, Lex?” he accused. “Of course you do; LuthorCorp paid for her funeral, after all, so you must know where she is.”

“Clark, you need to stop doing this to yourself—”

“Just tell me how she is,” Clark pleaded. “I need to know that she’s okay. Please, Lex.”

“I told you already, Clark - as far as I’m aware, she’s gone,” he said flatly. “So if that’s all you came here for, then we have nothing left to discuss.” He got to his feet and ushered Clark towards the door. “Now, if you don’t mind, I’d like to enjoy what’s left of my weekend, and that doesn’t include swapping ideas on non-existent conspiracy theories.”

“This isn’t over, Lex,” Clark warned. Lex studied him as he intently stared at his walls, almost as if he was trying to look through them. Lex deliberately averted his own gaze away from the top of the stairs where Chloe was sure to be hiding.

“This is a pretty old building,” Clark murmured. “You must have lead plates in the walls, right?”

Lex frowned. That was out of left field. “It’s possible; why?”

Clark shrugged. “No reason.” He squinted at the walls again, and Lex’s frown deepened.

“Something interests you in my tapestries, Clark?” he asked. “You’re not gonna find Chloe in any of them.”

Clark blinked and immediately guarded his expression. “I know that,” he mumbled.

“If I hear anything, though, I’ll be sure to let you know,” Lex responded. He opened the door for Clark to leave, which the younger man did - albeit reluctantly.

Lex watched from the window and waited until Clark’s truck had trundled down the road before heaving a sigh of relief.

“You could have told him I was okay, you know,” Chloe said, startling him as she appeared at the top of the stairs. She stared pointedly at him, her eyes full of reproach. “Why didn’t you?”

Lex gave a nonchalant shrug. “Because he doesn’t need to know.”

“But he’s really concerned about me, and I don’t want him to worry.”

His eyes hardened. “This isn’t about what you want, Chloe, it’s about keeping you alive.”

“I am alive,” she snapped. “And I trust Clark; he can keep a secret.”

“Can he?” he said incredulously. “Chloe, he’s the one who keeps throwing up red flags as to your whereabouts and putting you in danger!”

“If he knew I was okay, he’d stop looking for me, don’t you get it?” she argued. “Damn it, I hate knowing that my friends are suffering like this because they think I’m dead.”

“Oh, I buy that Clark may be suffering, sure,” he scoffed. “At least he means well. But don’t for one second think that Lana’s shed any tears over your disappearance.”

Chloe looked hurt. “But she came here earlier to ask about me, didn’t she?”

“She came to pick up the keys to the Talon apartment,” he said stiffly. “Take off the rose-coloured glasses and look at your so-called friends with new eyes, Chloe. They’re only close to you because of what they can get from you.”

“That’s not true!” she cried.

“No?” he challenged. “You’re barely cold in the ground — theoretically — and Lana’s only thought is to where she’s gonna live now that you and Gabe are supposedly gone. You call that friendship?”

Her eyes narrowed into tiny slits. “That’s enough.”

“And don’t even get me started on Clark,” he barrelled on. Christ, it was like opening a gate; every negative observation he’d ever had about Clark’s and Chloe’s relationship just tumbled out of him.

“He has you firmly stuck in the Best Friends corner and he dangles a kiss your way every now and then, but all the while, he chases after Lana like a dog in heat. He’s never gonna see you for the woman that you are, Chloe. It’s time you realised that.”

“You bastard!” she seethed, and spun on her heel and ran back down the corridor.

“Chloe, wait!” he called, cursing himself as he ran up the stairs behind her. Damn it, but he hadn’t meant it all to come out like that. He’d thought it, sure; of course it galled him that a smart young woman like Chloe wasted her life pining after Clark when he only had eyes for Lana, and he did think it was time Chloe learned a few home truths. But this wasn’t the way he’d wanted to go about it, and now he’d risked everything by upsetting her so close to the trial.

He frowned. Come to think of it, the trial had nothing to do with it; he just didn’t like seeing her so upset.

He got to her quarters and knocked on the door of her room. “Chloe?”

“Go away.”

“I’m sorry,” he said, contrite. “I shouldn’t have said those things.”

“Why not?” she replied. “It’s the truth, isn’t it?”

He sighed. “Chloe…”

“Don’t lie to me, Lex; it doesn’t suit you,” she said coldly. “I much prefer your brutal honesty.”

“Chloe, what I said…I was out of line, and I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologising,” she said, her voice thick and muffled. “I know I’m an idiot when it comes to Clark. I know Lana will never be as close a friend as I’d like. I know I’m stupid and pathetic, but I kind of hoped you wouldn’t agree with me on that one.”

“I don’t, Chloe, honestly,” he insisted, knocking on her door. “And you’re not all those things you said. Look, are you going to let me in, or not?”

“Not.”

He scowled. “I do have the keys to every room in the house, you know.”

“You wouldn’t invade my privacy that way,” she shot back smartly. “”And if you do, I might just think twice about testifying against your father.”

Lex sighed again and ran his hand wearily over his smooth head. There was no getting through to her when she was in this mood.

“Alright, I’ll leave you be,” he said. “But I meant it when I said I was sorry, Chloe. Please forgive me.”

Silence.

“I don’t want to fight with you,” he continued softly. “And this has nothing to do with my father’s trial. I respect and admire you for who you are, and I don’t like it when certain others don’t accord you with the same courtesy. That’s all.”

More silence.

“Will you at least join me for dinner?” he asked hopefully.

“I’m not hungry,” came the swift reply. “And if that changes, I’ll sort myself out.”

“I can do a lot better for you than crackers and cheese—”

“I said, I’d sort myself out,” she repeated tightly.

So either way, she didn’t feel like company. Lex exhaled deeply and made his way back downstairs. He’d still prepare something nice for her in case she changed her mind.

To be continued…

BabyDee
25th February 2013, 03:50
Question, all: is there a problem with the editing tool? Every time I try to edit, the content of the post goes blank. I haven't been able to update the title with the date of today's new post. :( Any explanation?

hfce
25th February 2013, 06:10
Question, all: is there a problem with the editing tool? Every time I try to edit, the content of the post goes blank. I haven't been able to update the title with the date of today's new post. :( Any explanation?

I would PM Julie and let her know.

Zhenya
25th February 2013, 08:30
Thanks for update!

TrinityR
25th February 2013, 17:57
I really loved it:) I'm not angry at you. Lex told Chloe the truth and fights are healthy for relationships, wait, did I say relationships? Well, they're not exactly in one, but... not yet:D

hfce
25th February 2013, 18:45
Awww Chloe needs to forgive him. It's not like he was lying. :)

BabyDee
25th February 2013, 22:01
Awww Chloe needs to forgive him. It's not like he was lying. :)

The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow, but Chloe needed to hear that. And of course she'll forgive him. How could she possibly resist those dove-grey eyes? :)

Thanks for commenting, hun. Glad you like it! :D

BabyDee
25th February 2013, 23:04
Thanks for update!
Glad you like, Zhenya! :D

BabyDee
25th February 2013, 23:14
I really loved it:) I'm not angry at you. Lex told Chloe the truth and fights are healthy for relationships, wait, did I say relationships? Well, they're not exactly in one, but... not yet:D
You read my mind, Trinity! ;) There's plenty of smiles for Chloe and Lex yet. :)

Glad you like it!

malugargula
26th February 2013, 02:38
I have a feeling that Clark is about to fuck up
Lol
Great fic

Kit Merlot
26th February 2013, 03:15
I think Lex did the right thing by telling Chloe what Lana really wanted when she came to see him--she's not upset the least little bt over what happened to the Sullivans and Chloe needs to know just how uncaring Lana truly is. And I don't think Clark is actively trying to hurt Chloe--he just doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Yeah for an update to this lovely story:D

ghaziak
26th February 2013, 05:00
yay!!! an update! ... awww .. poor Chloe! :( ... Stop fighting you guys! Just kiss and makeup already! lol ;)

BabyDee
27th February 2013, 10:37
I have a feeling that Clark is about to fuck up
Lol
Great fic

Ha ha! :D He means well, he just has a BDA-ish way of going about it.

Glad you like, Malu! :)

mama_kat
1st March 2013, 00:53
thanks for the update, BabyDee!

BabyDee
1st March 2013, 04:30
thanks for the update, BabyDee!
You're welcome, Kat! :D

tatie87
1st March 2013, 19:46
I missed this update.... This was a great chapter, I really appreciate the honesty Between Lex and Chloe.

BabyDee
7th March 2013, 22:55
I missed this update.... This was a great chapter, I really appreciate the honesty Between Lex and Chloe.
Thanks, Tatie! Chloe may be upset now, but she knows Lex was only telling the truth. :)

Working hard on the next update! :D

Kit Merlot
19th March 2013, 02:20
I think Lex did the right thing by telling Chloe what Lana really wanted when she came to see him--she's not upset the least little bt over what happened to the Sullivans and Chloe needs to know just how uncaring Lana truly is. And I don't think Clark is actively trying to hurt Chloe--he just doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Yeah for an update to this lovely story:D

Why yes I am quoting myself;) More soon okay?

BabyDee
20th March 2013, 21:09
Why yes I am quoting myself;) More soon okay?

Yes, ma'am! :D I'm just putting the finishing touches to the next chapter of Crisis, and then Orchestrato is next on my update list. Many thanks for your patience! :)

BabyDee
24th March 2013, 16:35
Ha! Made it with less than a month between updates! :D

Many thanks for your patience, everyone. Enjoy. :)

Chapter 9

Chloe didn’t come down for dinner.

Lex served up a second plate in anticipation of her arrival nonetheless, but it remained untouched on the table as the evening wore on. He ate his own meal and still hoped she’d appear, but when the clock chimed gently at ten o’clock, he finally gave up and tossed the congealed food in the trash before heading to his study. With a sigh, he sat down at his baby grand piano and lifted the lid.

The sheet music on the stand was Schubert, but he wasn’t in the mood for regimented play. Slowly, his fingers glanced over the keys as he played one of his favourite pieces by ear, letting the music soothe and unwind him.

He must have played for at least ten minutes when he sensed a presence behind him. He didn’t turn around to acknowledge her; he just kept playing, allowing the music to be his guide.

Eventually he got to the end of the piece and his fingers stilled. Chloe cleared her throat and spoke.

“I checked the early edition of tomorrow’s paper online,” she said quietly. “The sewer project is now the subject of an official financial enquiry.”

Well. That was very good news. If the contract selection process was found to have been compromised, then the contract would automatically default to the next highest bid - which was his. He had no doubt that the truth would be uncovered, and he had Chloe to thank for her tireless pursuit of the matter.

He turned towards her and smiled. “Thank you, Chloe,” he said. “I really appreciate all you did to bring this to light. That said, I’m still worried that the media exposure might lead to people speculating on the identity of the mysterious Sentinel.”

“You needn’t worry,” she replied. “The trial’s just a few days away, and after that my identity or anonymity won’t be an issue.”

“And we can officially bring you back to life,” he said. “Are you looking forward to it?”

“Oh, definitely,” she replied. “Being unable to contact the people that I love has been the hardest thing for me, and I’ve missed my dad so much. Of course, I’m happy to do my civic duty and testify in your father’s trial, but I’ll be so relieved when it’s all over.”

“I can imagine.” He tilted his head and regarded her carefully. “You missed dinner.”

She lowered her head. “I know.”

“I cooked.”

He eyes widened. “What did you make?”

“Veal,” he replied. “Unfortunately it doesn’t keep very well, so I had to toss it.”

“I’m sorry,” she mumbled. “I was…embarrassed.”

“About what?”

She closed her eyes. “About being such a pushover when it comes to my friends,” she whispered. “Especially Clark.”

He sighed. “I shouldn’t have said what I said,” he began, but she shook her head.

“There’s nothing wrong with putting voice to the truth, Lex; I know that more than anyone,” she replied. “I guess that’s why it hurt so much, knowing it was all true.”

“Maybe, but I could have been a bit more diplomatic,” he offered gently.

“Nah…sometimes you have a rip off a Band-Aid knowing it’s going to hurt, and this was one of those times,” she replied dryly. “I’m okay, really. And I’m gonna do things differently once I’m back in the real world; stand up for me more, stuff like that.”

“Good for you,” he said, feeling a touch of pride at her decision. Owning up to her feelings for Clark was a big deal for her, and he was glad that his little outburst had achieved something in that respect. He liked to think that perhaps he was a reason for her recent resolution; they had, after all, spent a great deal of time together with only each other for company, which had stirred feelings within him of more than just friendship for her, and he hoped the same was true from her end.

Not that there was anything he could do about it in his current state of health, he thought with a touch of regret. Besides, she was way too young to delve into the delights of the flesh. He knew that should stop him wanting her, but it didn’t; not in the slightest.

He dismissed his errant thoughts and smiled at her. “You hungry?”

She shook her head. “Not really; I had a sandwich while I was upstairs.”

“Well, how about an after-dinner snack?” he offered. “I put a little something out for you by the fire.”

Chloe frowned and padded towards the fireplace, then her eyes lit up in delight.

“Marshmallows and crackers!” she said excitedly. “Cool! I haven’t had s’mores for ages!”

Lex smiled. “Knock yourself out,” he said. “One small favour, though; could you bring one over to me? I want to see what they taste like.”

Her brows went up in surprise. “You never had s’mores before?”

“My father wasn’t quite the marshmallow-roasting type, as I’m sure you can imagine,” he said dryly. “The other boys used to do it at school, but I was never invited, and after hearing one too many comments about how much my hairless head resembled a marshmallow in need of a good roasting, I stayed well away.”

Her eyes softened. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright,” he replied with a smile. “You can’t miss what you never knew, right?”

“You shouldn’t have to miss out on a major milestone of life because of a deadbeat dad and a bunch of bullies,” she retorted. She picked up a roasting stick and threaded two marshmallows onto it. “Get ready for the experience of a lifetime, Lex Luthor.”

Lex’s eyes widened as she turned and bent over the fire with the marshmallows, the slight movement causing her nightgown to ride up precariously high in the back. The light from the fire shone through the thin gown, giving him a clear silhouette of the shapely body beneath it.

Heat pooled in his groin as his blood automatically pumped faster through his body. Quickly he reached into his pocket for his medication and popped a pill into his mouth, swallowing it down with a swig of water.

Chloe straightened and crossed over to his side with two browned marshmallows and some crackers on a plate. “Scoot over,” she instructed.

He did as she asked and made room for her on the piano stool. She sat beside him and he watched in fascination as she carefully placed one of the marshmallows between the crackers and pressed them together.

“Here you go,” she said, holding it up to his mouth. He raised a curious brow and bit into it, savouring the sticky-sweet warmth of the roasted marshmallow tempered with the crispness of the cracker around it.

“Mmm...”

She grinned. “Good, huh?”

He nodded as he chewed and swallowed the morsel. “Delicious.”

“Do you have any chocolate?” she asked excitedly. “You just have to try it with melted chocolate. I’m told it’s better than—” she stopped and blushed, her cheeks turning bright pink as both his mind and hers supplied the missing word with ease.

Sex.

“Better than…?” he prompted, his eyes glinting mischievously.

“Anything else you’ve ever tasted,” she finished in a rush. “So, where’s your chocolate?”

He grinned. “Cupboard next to the fridge.”

She headed off towards the kitchen, and his eyes automatically dropped to her rear. The gentle sway of her hips accentuated by the silky fabric clinging softly to her curves was a thing of beauty to behold.

Quickly took a second pill while her back was turned. If he was going to spend all night staring at her lush behind, he was going to need all the help he could get.

“It’s her,” Lionel said to his visitor, tapping the newspaper article.

The young man glanced at the article and frowned. “The Sentinel? How do you know?”

“She had a weekly column at the Daily Planet for months — ‘news from the young person’s perspective,’ I believe it was called,” Lionel replied smugly. “The acerbic tone favoured by the anonymous writer of this piece sounds remarkably familiar.”

He paused and allowed a slow smile to spread across his face. It had seemed like an excessive indulgence at the time, providing a job for Chloe along with the computers he’d supplied to her school newspaper…but his gut instinct had told him that the job would one day come in handy, and now he had been proven right.

“So how do I find her?” the young man snarled from the other side of the prison cell bars. “Every time I get close, she somehow manages to get spirited away. I’m getting really frustrated here, Luthor. You promised it would be an open and shut job!”

“Patience, Tyler,” Lionel replied smoothly. “Just…relax, and stay by your phone. I believe I may be able to find a chink in the armour surrounding young Ms Sullivan.”

To be continued…

TrinityR
24th March 2013, 17:46
Poor Lex, could you make him get better so he could sleep with Chloe?;P

Kit Merlot
25th March 2013, 02:51
Awesome update! Chloe's feeding Lex smores by the fire is damn sexy, but now we have Lionel Luthor's figuring out thst Chloe's still alive--not good at all.

BabyDee
25th March 2013, 02:55
Poor Lex, could you make him get better so he could sleep with Chloe?;P

Hee! It's in the blueprint, Trinity. I wouldn't be posting this in the Naughty Thread otherwise! ;)

Glad you like, babes!

BabyDee
25th March 2013, 02:57
Awesome update! Chloe's feeding Lex smores by the fire is damn sexy, but now we have Lionel Luthor's figuring out thst Chloe's still alive--not good at all.
You know me by now, Kathy...I always throw in a little sour with my sweet! :p

Glad you like, hun. :)

mama_kat
25th March 2013, 03:11
Thanks for the update, BabyDee!

I wonder what Lionel is up to, next :(

But the UST between Lex and Chloe? Woohoo!

BabyDee
25th March 2013, 03:21
Thanks for the update, BabyDee!
Pleasure! :D

I wonder what Lionel is up to, next :(
I'll say this much: it isn't good. :(

But the UST between Lex and Chloe? Woohoo!
I know, right? Sizzlin'! :p

Glad you like, and thanks for commenting! :)

hfce
25th March 2013, 15:43
Oh no he knows. EEK!! Lex get her out now. :(

BabyDee
26th March 2013, 20:36
Oh no he knows. EEK!! Lex get her out now. :(
Yep, Lionel knows - and he's definitely up to no good. :(

Thanks for commenting, hun! :)

malugargula
26th March 2013, 22:32
They're so cute together :)
Damn Lionel
Can't wait for more

BabyDee
12th April 2013, 01:23
They're so cute together :)
Damn Lionel
Can't wait for more
Thanks, hun! Working on it, hope to update sometime next week. :)

BabyDee
18th April 2013, 01:26
Slowly but surely, I'm closing the gap on this sucker. Enjoy! ;)

Rating: R-ish; definitely heading into NC-17 territory!

Awesome banner by ctbn60 at LiveJournal. Thanks, Carol! :p

Chapter 10

“Now I know why they call them s’mores,” Lex muttered. “It’s impossible to stop eating them once you’ve started.”

Chloe giggled and placed another one close to his mouth. “I’m surprised you went without them for so long. Why didn’t you ever try them out before now?”

“I didn’t think I’d enjoy them,” he replied lamely. “Besides, it’s no fun doing things like this on your own.” He opened his mouth and accepted the morsel she offered.

She shrugged. “I guess. Lucky for you that I’m here, huh?”

She had no idea. “I have to admit, the room does brighten up when you walk into it,” he said with a smile.

She reached out to gently cup his jaw, and instinctively he turned towards her palm. Her fingers were warm and soft, and when her thumb brushed his bottom lip, his mouth automatically parted. A vision of himself catching her thumb between his teeth and stroking it with his tongue surfaced in his mind…

“Had a few crumbs there,” she said lightly.

Reality returned to him with the force of a dull thud. He cleared his throat, desperately trying to keep his body under control.

“Of course. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Can I get you something to drink?” She got to her feet and padded over to his liquor cabinet, where she paused and perused the labels on display.

“There’s a nice Aszú somewhere in there that’ll go great with this,” he suggested, absently playing a gentle tune.

She snorted. “I’m not even going to pretend to know what that is.”

“It’s a vintage dessert wine, third from the left.”

“Right. What did you call it again?”

“Tokaji Aszúeszencia Essencia.”

“That’s not what you said earlier, show-off,” she murmured. Her fingers skimmed lightly over the bottles, searching for the right one. “What year?”

“1940 vintage year, Crown Estates of Hungary—”

“Got it.” She pulled it off the shelf and held it up for him to see; he confirmed with a brief nod, and she returned to his side with the bottle, a corkscrew and two glasses.

“I’ve never had dessert wine before,” she admitted as he opened the bottle. “Thanks for letting me have some.”

“You think I’d sit here and guzzle it all by myself?” he said, and tut-tutted. “I’m not that selfish, Chloe. Besides, drinking alone is no fun, either.”

The cork popped, and he titled a moderate quantity of the rich amber liquid into both glasses, then handed one to her and raised his. “Cheers.”

“To victory,” she declared, and took a cautious sip from her glass. “Mmm…sweet. I like it.”

“You might want to pace yourself,” he warned as she took a more generous sip. “The last thing you need at your age is a hangover.”

“It was just a sip,” she retorted. “I’m not a baby, Lex; no need to treat me like one.”

“I’m not; but you’re under eighteen, so I need to be the responsible adult here,” he replied. A responsible adult who was allowing a minor he was lusting after to indulge in underage drinking, his conscience supplied. Nice one, Lex. What other vices are you going to introduce her to tonight?

“You’re not that much older than me,” she pointed out, as if reading his thoughts.

“Some would consider eight years a bit of an age gap,” he replied. “And the difference in our ages means I’d be criminally liable if anyone knew I was letting you drink.”

“I don’t see any cops here,” she said as she demurely traced the rim of the bottle with one finger. “And I won’t tell if you won’t. So…any chance of a top-up?”

He tried to give her a stern look, but she engaged him with a challenging stare until he smiled and shook his head. “Go on, then. Just half a glass.”

A triumphant smile lit up her face and she carefully poured herself a refill. Her bangs fell forward, delicately framing her face, and his fingers itched to sweep it off her brow.

He dragged his thoughts away from the direction they were veering in and forced his mind onto more mundane matters.

“Any chance of more s’mores?” he asked.

“Any chance of more music?” she countered with a smile.

“You got it.” He sat down at the keyboard again as she made her way over to the fire with her speared marshmallows. Before long, she was treating him to another shadowy silhouette of the delectable curve of her derriere.

He swallowed hard. God, but she had the most amazing ass he’d ever seen.

“I hope you’re watching,” she murmured silkily.

His eyes almost popped out of his head as she glanced over her shoulder at him. “I—what?” he sputtered.

“So you can make these when I’m not here to do it for you,” she clarified.

S’mores. She was talking about s’mores.

“Right,” he finally replied, running a hand through his suddenly tight collar. “Yeah…I’ll probably be less inclined to indulge when I’m on my own. Plus, I think my hands are more attuned to piano keys than roasting sticks.”

He watched the sway of her hips as she returned. “If anyone can make good use of their hands, it’s you,” she purred.

He smiled. “Thanks.”

She held out a s’more. “Here you go.”

He opened his mouth so she could feed him the gooey treat, and noticed a glob of chocolaty marshmallow clinging to her finger. Instinctively Lex sucked her finger into his mouth and licked it away.

Chloe inhaled sharply and stilled, staring at him with wide eyes. He could see sensual awareness in them, and did his best to ignore it, turning his attention to the piano piece he was playing.

She picked up her wine glass and sat down beside him. He glanced down as her nightdress rode up slightly, exposing a generous length of thigh, and an ache immediately began brewing in his groin.

And then she sidled up closer to him so that her left thigh gently pressed against his, and slowly lowered her hand. He gulped and his fingers froze on the keys as her hand descended…

…and rested on top of his own hand.

“Have I ever told you that you have really nice hands?” she murmured, lifting it away from the piano and examining it with an appreciative eye.

Lex couldn’t form an answer. His mind was still reeling with fast-forwarded images of her small hand heading towards the thickening bulge in his lap that was mercifully obscured by the dim light in the room.

He held his breath and mentally counted to ten. God, he really needed to be more in control than this.

“Your fingers are amazing,” she continued, gently running her fingertips down the length of his digits. “Long, well-groomed artist’s fingers. Gentle, but with a touch of hidden strength.” She smiled. “It’s one of the things I like about you.”

His treacherous mind was in hyper-drive, substituting her innocent touch with images of her stroking him in a far more graphic manner. It made him wonder what else she liked about him.

“Thanks,” he finally managed in a low, gravelly voice. “I must remember to tip my manicurist very generously.”

“I respect a man who looks after his hands,” she said. “It’s an indication that he would look after the rest of his body just as keenly.”

His jaw dropped and his brows rose in surprise. Was she coming on to him, or was that just the wine talking?

A dull blush stained her cheeks, and she lowered her gaze to the floor.

“…and now you think I’m thinking about your body,” she said, mortified. “Which I’m not. Really, I’m not.”

He grinned. “No? I’m crushed.”

“I’m sure it’s really nice, though,” she gushed.

His smile widened. “I like to think so.”

She covered her face with her hands. “God, this is embarrassing…”

He chuckled and peeled her hands away. “Think nothing of it,” he reassured her. “For what it’s worth, I’m flattered you like my body. And my hands.”

“You should have been a surgeon, you know,” she said suddenly.

He stilled. “Why do you say that?”

“Because you have the confident, assured fingers of a neurosurgeon,” she replied wistfully. “I think you’d have made a great addition to the medical profession.”

A hazy memory surfaced from his youth. “It’s funny you should say that,” he said.

“Why?”

“Because a career in medicine is actually one of the many things I wanted to do with my life,” he replied. “My father discouraged it, of course.”

She rolled her eyes in annoyance. “Why? Not prestigious enough?”

“Too philanthropic,” he replied. “According to him, and I quote: ‘We Luthors are in the business of helping ourselves, son; not others’.” He paused for several seconds before returning his hands to the keyboard, playing a simple melody. “I also considered being an artist or a musician, but I didn’t even bother intimating him with that idea.”

She stared at him with empathy in her eyes, and then rested her hand gently on his shoulder. “Hey, it wasn’t a total waste,” she said, smiling. “You still learned to play the piano…and you play it beautifully with those beautiful, beautiful hands.”

“And we’re back to my hands again,” he said, amused. “So…what else do you like about me?”

To be continued…

Kit Merlot
18th April 2013, 03:17
Alright, we've got some damn sexy bantering which should then lead to some fabulous personal revelations and closer to our Chlex getting together--YEAH!

BabyDee
18th April 2013, 03:45
Alright, we've got some damn sexy bantering which should then lead to some fabulous personal revelations and closer to our Chlex getting together--YEAH!
We're getting there, Kathy - gettin' there! :D

mama_kat
18th April 2013, 05:30
Uh-oh. I think Chloe has this (un)healthy fixation with Lex's hands. Heh.

Can't wait for the update! :)

tatie87
18th April 2013, 05:44
I love that Chloe was running off at the mouth about Lex's hands.

TrinityR
18th April 2013, 10:44
Oh, BabyDee, you and your teasing!! They really need to get together and SOON! And poor Lex, he needs to get better:(
I loved this chapter. Poor suffering Lex with all those erections when Chloe has no idea what she's doing to him!

hfce
18th April 2013, 14:43
I feel the sexual tension all over my computer screen. LOL! They better be careful or they will cross that line. :)

BabyDee
18th April 2013, 14:59
Uh-oh. I think Chloe has this (un)healthy fixation with Lex's hands. Heh.
I know, right? :D Can't say I blame her though; the man's hands are GORGEOUS!!! ;)

Can't wait for the update! :)
With any luck, I might be able to get the next chapter up very soon, like this week, even. I have most of the rest of the story written, and I want to try and finish on the 1 year anniversary of starting this story - which, I believe, is 14th May. But if it over-runs and falls into June, then the New target will be my birthday, 14th June. :)

So glad you like it, hun! The comments really help me to keep going, so many thanks, I really appreciate it. More of the same, please! ;)

*huggles* :p

BabyDee
18th April 2013, 15:07
I love that Chloe was running off at the mouth about Lex's hands.

Heh-heh! The alcohol has loosened her inhibitions, and she's just letting it all out! :D And just wait until you see what else she runs her mouth off about liking... ;-)

Thanks for your kind comments, Tatie! :)

BabyDee
20th April 2013, 13:27
Oh, BabyDee, you and your teasing!!
You know me well! :p

They really need to get together and SOON! And poor Lex, he needs to get better:(
I'm counting on it, babes. He can't take much more of this! :D ;)

I loved this chapter. Poor suffering Lex with all those erections when Chloe has no idea what she's doing to him!
She may be a tad more aware than you think...

Glad you like, Trinity, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
22nd April 2013, 00:35
I feel the sexual tension all over my computer screen. LOL! They better be careful or they will cross that line. :)
That's the plan, LOL! :D And I know Lex has a condition, but I'm working on how to get it sorted. ;)

Glad you like, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
13th May 2013, 02:52

Rating: PG-13 *but not for much longer!*

Previously: “So…what else do you like about me?”

Chapter 11

The question was out before Lex could stop himself. But the wine must have significantly loosened her inhibitions, because she answered without hesitation.

“The way you always knock on the door to my room and await my permission to enter always lifts my spirits.”

Lex blinked. Not what he’d expected. “Huh?”

“Seriously. I mean, you hardly need authorisation to enter a room that’s in your own home, but aside from the one time when you came to bust me out of the safehouse, you always knock. I find your manners refreshing.” She paused and smiled. “It makes a pleasant change from Clark who just barges into places all the time.”

“Ah, very true,” he chuckled. “Got it. Anything else?”

She gave him a sultry smile. “How you somehow manage to look so damn fine with absolutely no hair on your head,” she murmured, lifting her hand to stroke it.

Jesus. Electricity seared along his veins as her fingertips traversed his scalp; unbeknownst to her, she’d just caressed his most potent erogenous zone. A sharp stab of arousal pooled in his groin, causing his cock to stiffen painfully, and he almost sobbed both with relief and frustration when she took her hand away and began babbling about something else.

It was interesting, how she kept finding opportunities to touch him. Interesting…and endearing, he realised. Most women he encountered were either business executives or fortune hunters, and they certainly didn’t go straight for his hairless head at the earliest opportunity. In fact, many a time he’d noticed that women actively avoiding either touching it, or looking at it.

Chloe, however, was the complete opposite. She was clearly entranced with his smooth pate, almost as if she’d entertained thoughts of touching it but had never quite worked up the nerve to ask. Like most people, she had probably considered it rude to bring it up and therefore ignored it. He could see it now: Nice to meet you, Lex. So how d’you lose your hair? It wasn’t exactly a great conversation-starter.

But nothing highlighted his unique differences like direct avoidance, so her appreciation of him was refreshing, like a fresh cool spring bubbling up from the ground on a warm summer day. For the first time in his life, Lex felt like he was being adored for whom he was, warts and all.

“Oh — and how you pretend to be this tough, mysterious, big bad heir to the Luthor dynasty; but in reality, you’re a big ol’ softie,” she went on, poking him playfully in the ribs.

“Don’t tell anyone,” he warned with a grin. “I have a rep to protect.”

“My lips are sealed,” she whispered. She lifted her index finger and placed it against her lips, and her other hand dropped to his thigh and gave a reassuring squeeze.

More currents of electricity surged through him, and distant warning bells clanged in his head. This was dangerous. The music, the s’mores, the crackling fire…everything suddenly seemed way, way too intimate. It didn’t help his cause that he’d plied her with alcohol, so she was more susceptible to him than even she was probably aware of.

He needed to break the sexual tension in the air — and fast.

“Shouldn’t you be in bed?” were the first words that came out of his mouth. Damn it, his mind should not be computing Chloe and bed in the same thought process. The images it evoked of her writhing naked beneath his silken sheets---

“I’ll go…when you play me something I can sleep to,” she murmured, snuggling into his side. “Something from your native heritage, I think.”

“I’m afraid I don’t know any Scottish lullabies,” he said apologetically. “The best I can give you is the Braveheart theme.”

She sighed and smiled. “I’ll take it.”

For the Love of a Princess. It was a piece Lex knew well.

Chloe leaned against his arm and closed her eyes as he played the mellow tune. After the first few bars she hummed along softly, losing herself in the music.

“I wish I could play,” she said wistfully.

“I could teach you.”

She cracked open one eye and snorted. “Not in one night, you couldn’t.”

His eyes twinkled. “You’d be surprised.”

She grinned. “You’re that good, huh?”

“You tell me.”

Before she could react, he lifted her slightly and slid her over his lap to his left side. The smooth, warm skin on the back of her thighs made contact with his lap briefly, and again he had to pull the breaks on his natural impulses.

Pushing it, his mind warned.

She gasped. “What are you—?”

“I need you on my left side,” he explained. “You’re going to play the accompanying chords for the next piece.”

Her eyes widened. “Me?”

“It’s a simple melody; I’m sure you’ll have no trouble picking it up.”

“But I’ve never played before in my life!” she exclaimed.

“I have faith in you.” He played the opening notes of another song and glanced across at her. “Have you heard this song before?”

Chloe smiled in recognition. “I love that tune. The Piano’s one of my favourite movies.”

“The Heart Asks Pleasure First,” he confirmed. “Ready to play with me?”

She gulped. “What do you need me to do?”

“Just put your fingers over mine, and keep playing when I take my hand away,” he instructed.

She did as he asked, her fingers resting tentatively over his as he played the keys in a repetitive sequence. After a while, he carefully extricated his hand from beneath hers and listed as she continued to play the same tune unaided.

“It’s perfect,” he confirmed. “See? Told you I could teach you in less than a day.”

She smiled, still playing. “So when do you join in?”

He moved his right hand and played out the main melody on the higher keys. The notes combined with Chloe’s chords, and together they made music as if they’d been playing together for years. Lex glanced at the young woman at his side, smiling at the little crease in her forehead as she concentrated on the unfamiliar task.

He was enjoying this way too much.

The warning bell in his head rang again, this time louder than ever. He could no longer ignore the direction he and Chloe were headed in if he allowed this…this thing they had going on was allowed to continue. The sexual tension between them was fast approaching critical levels. The entire left side of her body was pressed against his, and try though he did, he just couldn’t seem to tear his gaze away from the creamy skin of her thighs.

Arousal simmered through him, and he tried in vain to swallow past his suddenly dry throat. The atmosphere was growing increasingly intimate, and his usual restraint had been loosened both by the alcohol and the intoxicating aura of the woman by his side. All the mental roadblocks he’d erected were crumbling fast, and not even the potential threat to his life from the effects of physical intimacy was enough to stop him wanting her. If he didn’t get away from her now, he wouldn’t be able to.

At some point in the midst of his musings he’d stopped playing, as had she. Her right hand slowly moved away from the piano and rested lightly on his left thigh, and she lifted her head to stare at him with a heavy-lidded gaze. Instinctively he leaned towards her, their faces so close together he could feel the warm, fragrant breath from her mouth tingling his lips.

“It’s getting late,” he murmured. “We should go to bed.”

“Yes,” she whispered breathily. “We should.”

There was no mistaking her intent now. Lex didn’t know whether it was down the wine, the atmosphere, or both, but all traces of Chloe’s usual reserve and shyness were gone. She wanted him, and she wasn’t afraid to let him know about it.

She tightened her hand on his thigh, giving his flesh a gentle squeeze. Slowly she inched her palm upward, heading towards very dangerous territory.

With a shaky hand, he slammed the lid down on the piano keys with a hard thud, startling her. Before she could react, he’d gotten to his feet and pushed the piano stool back.

“Lex—?”

“Goodnight, Chloe.”

She blinked. “But—but I—”

“I’ll see you in the morning.”

He turned and headed for the stairs, deliberately keeping his back to her lest she catch sight of the massive erection in his pants. Eventually he got to his room and slammed the door behind him, shuddering uncontrollably.

He slumped against the door and took deep breaths to bring his body back under control. Despite the copious amounts of medication he’d downed tonight already, his heart throbbed painfully as a result of his accelerated blood flow; he knew he’d pushed things too far. Quickly he tore off his clothes and headed straight into the shower, setting the water temperature as low as it could go.

After an agonising five minutes under the cold spray, Lex began to feel more normal. He shut off the water, slipped into his silk pyjamas, and then climbed wearily into bed.

He wondered what Chloe was up to; poor girl must probably think she’d offended him by making a move on him, which couldn’t be further from the truth. He simply needed them both to keep a clear head for the trial, which was only two days away now. Once his father was behind bars, and he’d found a permanent cure for his life-threatening condition, then he would make his intentions known to Chloe — preferably before she’d had a chance to find her way back into Clark’s clutches.

His eyelids drooped, and he was about dropping off to sleep when his bedroom door creaked slightly.

Immediately he sprang upright and was reaching for the gun in his nightstand when he saw Chloe’s familiar silhouette framed in the doorway. “Lex?” she whispered.

“Chloe?” He turned on the bedside lamp, and suddenly the room was bathed in soft light. “Chloe, what is it?”

She swallowed nervously. “I, um…I thought you might like some company,” she said softly.

And as he watched, she pulled at the sash of her robe and shrugged it off her shoulders. The garment pooled at her feet, leaving her completely naked.

To be continued…

PS: If you’re interested in listening to the songs Lex was playing and others that inspired my muse when writing the chapter, you can listen to them here:

For the Love of a Princess (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ulg1dfxh1skybgb) [Braveheart]
The Heart Asks Pleasure First (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?crvx64p6n6d34f2) [The Piano]
If You’re Not the One (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?83m79jbnt6vh64o) [classical piano rendition]
If You’re Not the One (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdwhyko85n75dx4) [original with lyrics]

(...though I'm sure most of you will rather pelt me with rotten fruit after that evil cliffie!) ;)

tatie87
13th May 2013, 04:17
Love the sexual tension!! I really hope Lex gives in to Chloe.

BabyDee
13th May 2013, 08:48
Love the sexual tension!! I really hope Lex gives in to Chloe.
I hope so, too. ;) Many thanks for commenting!

TrinityR
13th May 2013, 13:48
WOW!! WOW!!
I just hipe now he will tell him he IS interested in her, but he can't because of that condition. Urgh, he needs a cure and he needs it fast!

By the way, Luthors aren't Irish, it was revealed in the episode when Clark had his father's memories about Lousine. Lionel made a cunny coverup as his father was actually from Smallville.

hfce
13th May 2013, 14:28
Oh no Chloe put that robe back on. LOL! More please... :)

BabyDee
13th May 2013, 15:33
WOW!! WOW!!
I just hipe now he will tell him he IS interested in her, but he can't because of that condition. Urgh, he needs a cure and he needs it fast!
I know, right? Poor Lex, there's only so much torture one man can take! :D

By the way, Luthors aren't Irish

Of course not. They're Scottish. ;)

it was revealed in the episode when Clark had his father's memories about Lousine. Lionel made a cunny coverup as his father was actually from Smallville.
Lochlan Luthor, the criminal involved in Louise's murder, was a poor Scottish immigrant. The cover-up was to hide any implication of criminality perpetuated by Lochlan and instead lied about him being descended from Scottish nobility. They were not noble, but they were definitely Scottish. :)

That's why when Chloe made her comment in an earlier chapter of this fic about Scottish families having their own family tartan, Lex replied that it was an honour reserved for noble families and his family therefore didn't qualify.

...And I clearly take this stuff a lot more seriously than I should. :)

Thanks for your comments, Trinity! Hope to update again soon.

TrinityR
13th May 2013, 15:38
Oh! I get it now! Sorry if I sounded rude while pointing that Scotish/irish up. I got confused there (or maybe I just haven't drunk my coffee yet today:D).

BabyDee
13th May 2013, 15:40
Oh no Chloe put that robe back on. LOL!
Not a chance!!! :D

More please... :)
Not a chance, LOL!!! :p At least, not right now. Glad you like it so far, though! :)

BabyDee
13th May 2013, 15:47
Oh! I get it now! Sorry if I sounded rude while pointing that Scotish/irish up. I got confused there (or maybe I just haven't drunk my coffee yet today:D).

No worries at all, babes! We all know continuity was not this show's strong point. ;) And like I said, I take it all very seriously for some reason. Someone recently pointed out to me that Lex's age and heritage were one of the few consistencies in the show, so I would have cried if they'd taken that away from me!

*hands you a triple espresso* :D

trckyrcky
13th May 2013, 22:09
Wow, if Chloe is standing there naked, Lex needs to be a man and do the right thing.

BabyDee
15th May 2013, 09:32
Wow, if Chloe is standing there naked, Lex needs to be a man and do the right thing.
And I'm hoping he will, even if it kills him! :D

So glad you like, and thanks for commenting! :)

mama_kat
15th May 2013, 12:06
Haha! I was so not expecting that...:)

Wonder what Lex's reaction will be!

BabyDee
15th May 2013, 15:49
Haha! I was so not expecting that...:)
Horny teenager with several glasses of wine in her? I'd thought it was a given! :D

Wonder what Lex's reaction will be!
Gives a whole new meaning to the expression 'Do or Die', doesn't it? ;)

Glad you like, Kat! :)

cbrunberg
16th May 2013, 00:55
I did not see that coming . but can't wait to see lex's reaction and what he will do

Kit Merlot
19th May 2013, 03:30
Things are about to get even more interesting--WOO HOO!!

ghaziak
19th May 2013, 18:19
lol ... horny Chloe!!! .. Very interesting!! .. Can't wait for more!!

memnoch
22nd May 2013, 20:12
What a tease!

Can't wait to read the next installment!!

Yelena
28th May 2013, 23:46
Interesting story!

BabyDee
28th May 2013, 23:51
Interesting story!
So glad you like it, Yelena! I'm working on the next chapter as we speak, hope to post it later this week. :)

BabyDee
28th May 2013, 23:56
I did not see that coming . but can't wait to see lex's reaction and what he will do
Writing Lex's reaction as we speak. ;)

Glad you like it!

BabyDee
29th May 2013, 00:06
Things are about to get even more interesting--WOO HOO!!
A whole lot more interesting, if I have anything to do with it! :p

Glad you like, Kathy!

BabyDee
29th May 2013, 00:13
lol ... horny Chloe!!! .. Very interesting!! .. Can't wait for more!!
Horny Chloe has got a few glasses of wine down her throat, and is feeling particularly brazen! Poor Lex... :p

Glad you like it, hun! Thanks for commenting. :)

BabyDee
29th May 2013, 00:20
What a tease!
Me, or Chloe? ;)

Can't wait to read the next installment!!
Working on it. So glad you like it, and thanks for commenting! :)

BabyDee
2nd June 2013, 12:02
It's Sexy Chlexy Times, people!!! :D

Enjoy.

Rating: NC-17 *finally!* Do not read if you are under 18

Chapter 12

She was naked.

Lex’s jaw dropped and he stared, transfixed, at Chloe’s naked body. The vague glimpses he’d gotten of her silhouette earlier had certainly been tempting, and he’d gotten the one glance at her when he’d moved her to the mansion from the safehouse…but nothing had prepared him for this; this vision of…of loveliness.

A small part of his brain warned him that he should be discouraging her, but he suddenly found himself robbed of all speech and more sexually aroused than he had ever been in his life. The tilt of her breasts with their perfect pink nipples; the curve of her hips, the shadowy triangle between her thighs…everything about her was pure perfection. She was more gorgeous and alluring than he could have ever thought possible, and he just couldn’t take his eyes off her.

He also couldn’t stop the blood from surging through his veins, which in turn triggered the toxins and intense pain throughout his body.

She took a tentative step towards him, and he suddenly snapped out of his trance.

“Chloe—” his voice was low and gravelly, and he immediately cleared his throat and started again. “Chloe, we shouldn’t—”

“Yes, we should.” She took another step, and he tried again to protest.

“You’re too young for this,” he insisted. “You’re only seventeen—”

“I’m old enough to know what I want,” she whispered. “And I want you, Lex.”

“That’s just the alcohol talking,” he replied, trying to make light of it. “That’s it - no more after-dinner drinks for you, young lady.”

“I’m not a child, Lex, and I know you don’t honestly think this is down to a couple of glasses of wine,” she replied quietly. “This has been building for months, and you know it.”

She got to the foot of the bed, and his gaze immediately dropped to her breasts. She caught him staring, and blushed; but she also took it as a positive sign, because she then proceeded to climb into his bed.

“Chloe—” He inched backwards until his back was right up against the bedframe, and forced himself to focus on her face. “Chloe, we can’t do this.”

“Give me one good reason why not.”

“I’ll give you two,” he said firmly, grabbing her shoulders as crawled over him. “You’re underage, and you’ve been drinking. If anything happened between us, I’d be taking advantage of you.”

“You’re not the one taking advantage; I am.” She straddled him and settled in his lap, and his erection pressed up against her intimately.

“You’re a minor,” he insisted. Stop looking at her breasts, you pervert. “And I’m old enough to know better.”

“But you want me, Lex. I know you do.”

Well. He couldn’t exactly deny it, not with the evidence of his desire nestled firmly against her moist heat.

“Chloe, please,” he whispered. Her hand dropped to his thigh, and the rest of his protests died away as her palm inched higher.

There were too many reasons not to do this. She was a minor, a witness in his father’s trial which was just a few days away. He didn’t think she was drunk, but she had been drinking, which would certainly affect her judgement. Last but not least, there was the very real threat to his health that physical intimacy could cause; he was well aware that sex could quite easily induce a heart attack and kill him.

Yes, there were countless reasons why he shouldn’t do this.

And each and every one of those reasons disappeared into thin air the moment she wrapped her hand around the throbbing hardness in his lap.

Pleasure seared through him like fire as Chloe squeezed his turgid flesh in her palm. She ran her hand up and down his length, and the warmth of her palm through the silk against his skin caused a reluctant groan to escape his throat.

“You like that?” she murmured.

Oh God, he liked it; liked it very much. She continued caressing him, and as the pleasure escalated so did the pain from his increased heart rate. The harder he got, the tighter his chest got, until the pain became almost unbearable.

Reluctantly he rested his hand over hers and took a deep breath.

“Chloe, you need to stop that,” he said hoarsely. “We need to stop…”

She used her other hand to push down the waistband of his pyjama pants, and his erection sprang free. He watched helplessly she grasped and stroked his bare flesh, her eyes widening as he pulsed hotly in her hand like a live wire.

And then she shifted and lowered her head towards his lap, and he felt the soft brush of her lips on the broad head of his shaft.

Lex sucked in a harsh breath as her lips parted and her tongue slid wetly on his heated flesh. She licked him again, over and over, her tongue stroking more boldly and with increasing confidence, and he clenched a fist in the sheets as the pleasure and pain increased.

God, he must be some sort of masochist.

“Tell me what you like,” she whispered against his straining flesh. “Tell me how to make it good for you, Lex.”

A tremor coursed through him as her tongue continued its intimate teasing, and he could feel sweat breaking out on his skin. Christ, but she was doing a good enough job all on her own. Anything more, and he was going to need CPR.

Her tongue traced circles around the tip, and then her mouth surrounded him and gently sucked the smooth head of his cock into her mouth. Lex gritted his teeth in pleasurable agony, grinding his teeth as her golden head bobbed between his legs and the pressure of her mouth increased.

It was good; so good…and so lethal. He resigned himself to the fact that he would probably lose his life before the night was over, but by God, if he was going to die, he wanted to have been inside her at least once. If he were thinking rationally, it would have occurred to him that Chloe would be completely traumatised if he did happen to die on top of her, and his father’s trial would be completely derailed by his death.

But all rational thought was far from him by this time, drowned out in a torrent of physical desire.

With a groan, he lifted her off of him and gently laid her on her back. She stared up at him, her eyes wide with worry.

“Didn’t you like it?” she asked. “I did it wrong, didn’t I?”

He breathed deeply and eventually managed to find his voice to answer her query.

“I loved it, Chloe; a whole lot more than I should have,” he whispered, stroking her cheek tenderly. “But I want to make you feel good, too. Would you like that?”

She nodded shyly. “Yes, Lex; I’d like that very much.”

So would he. He tilted her chin up with one finger and gently claimed her lips with his, clinging softly before releasing them and gazing at her intently.

“Our first kiss,” he said huskily.

She smiled. “I loved it.”

“Me, too.” He kissed her again; light, gentle touches of his mouth that slowly coaxed her lips apart. She kissed him back, gasping as his tongue sought entrance to her mouth. He stroked and teased her tongue with his, and his hand swept slowly up her body until he had one breast firmly in his hand.

He flicked his thumb over her taught nipple and she gasped in surprise, breaking the kiss. He smiled and kissed his way down her neck, and her breathing got shallower and shallower as his mouth travelled the slope of her breast and surrounded her nipple. He sucked gently, and she cried out and arched her back, her responses deepening as he increased the suction pressure of his mouth.

He worked one knee between her thighs, effectively parting them. Without moving his mouth from her breast he caressed the other one with teasing fingers, then trailed them all the way down to her navel and beyond.

“Please,” she gasped, writing beneath him. “Please touch me.”

He loved her ardent responses to his touch, and was more than happy to comply. He brushed his fingers between her thighs, finding her curls damp with the evidence of her desire. He parted her thighs wider and slipped one finger deep inside her moist core. Her insides tightened around the single digit and her hips moved in counterpoint to his gently thrusting hand, creating a heat and friction that roused an urgency in him to be intimately joined with her. He managed to hold himself in check by pressing his cock against her smooth thigh while he focused on giving her pleasure. He rotated his thumb over the slick, swollen nub at the apex of her thighs, determined to give her as much pleasure as possible.

Her breathing quickened as his hand moved on her; her body tensed, and suddenly she cried out and arched her back as her orgasm tore through her. She clung tightly to him, and he felt the hot pulsing of her body around his finger, a prelude to the pleasure that beckoned.

As soon the tension eased from her body, he positioned himself over her and nudged her slick flesh with his broad tip. Her eyelids fluttered open and she gazed up at him expectantly. His eyes bore into hers, watching her pupils darken as he teased her sensitive flesh with the head of his shaft.

“Make love to me,” she whispered, tilting her hips towards him and clasping his thighs with her hips.

His heart pumped fiercely — painfully — as he remained poised on the brink of intimate connection. With a loud groan he flexed his hips and drove into her, completely driven by desire.

And then she cried out in pain, and her whole body went tense.

She was a virgin.

Lex closed his eyes and mentally cursed himself. In all the excitement, pleasure and pain, the thought that she might be a virgin had completely skipped his mind.

Immediately he stilled, but it was too late; the thin membrane had already been breached.

“Damn it,” he muttered. It had been on his mind from the moment she’d dropped her robe and walked towards him. He hadn’t known for sure whether she was a virgin or not, but it had always been his intention to be gentle with her.

She moaned again, clearly in pain, and he stroked her hair and tenderly kissed her forehead.

“I’m so sorry, Chloe; I wanted it to be good for you,” he began, but she shook her head wildly.

“My heart,” she gasped. “My heart…”

“Your heart?” he echoed, confused.

“It hurts,” she wheezed. “Aaahh…”

He froze, and suddenly it hit him: the pain that had been flooding his own body mere moments ago was gone. And in some bizarre twist, Chloe was now somehow suffering his symptoms.

He blinked in shock. What the hell had just happened?

Her face contorted in pain, and he immediately started to lift himself off of her, but she stopped him by clinging to his shoulders.

“Wait…I think it’s going,” she whispered. She breathed deeply and began to relax, and the frown slowly faded from her face.

“Wow,” she said in a daze. “What was that all about?”

He couldn’t answer, as he was suddenly robbed of all speech; but deep down he knew what had happened.

She healed me, he thought wildly. My God, she healed me.

To be continued…

TrinityR
2nd June 2013, 13:45
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
and once again - oh my god!!
I love it love it love it!!
More!!

Kit Merlot
2nd June 2013, 17:38
Gorgeous just gorgeous!

ghaziak
2nd June 2013, 18:10
hot ... very hot!!!! can't wait for more!

BabyDee
4th June 2013, 00:50
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
and once again - oh my god!!
Now THAT'S the reaction I was hoping for! :D

I love it love it love it!!
More!!
Glad you like, and I'm working on the next chapter. :)

BabyDee
4th June 2013, 00:57
Gorgeous just gorgeous!
Glad you like, Kathy! ;)

BabyDee
4th June 2013, 01:12
hot ... very hot!!!! can't wait for more!
Thanks, ghaziak - working on the next chapter! :)

tatie87
4th June 2013, 03:49
WOW and more WOW. Lex and Chloe finally gave into the tension.

mama_kat
4th June 2013, 05:02
Oh WOW!

You promised to find a way to cure Lex so it'll be safe for him to get some Chloe lovin'...i must tell you that was one awesome way for Lex to get cured LOL! And how!

Thanks for sharin' Baby :)

hfce
4th June 2013, 14:37
Okay that was HOT! But she healed him say what? LOL!

BabyDee
4th June 2013, 19:32
WOW and more WOW. Lex and Chloe finally gave into the tension.
Indeed, and with interesting results! :D

Glad you like, hun! :)

BabyDee
4th June 2013, 20:31
For some reason, NS is being mean to me and not letting me edit my posts. :( But I just wanted to share this amazing banner made for me by SunnyD (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/member.php/6749-SunnyD). I LOVE it, and adore her for making this banner of awesomeness!!! :D

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/b2d3ba3a-080c-43ac-b25d-478f70c584ad_zps0cbc38dd.jpg (http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/tjtutru_zpsed29f086.jpg)

Some slight color variations:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_jfjfjtf_zps9fc53517.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/jfjfjtf_zps9fc53517.jpg.html) http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_euro4y6m_zps7813ded0.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/euro4y6m_zps7813ded0.jpg.html)

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_orchestratobabydee_zps7717c11b.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/orchestratobabydee_zps7717c11b.jpg.html) http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_Unbenannt-8_zps9756212b.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/Unbenannt-8_zps9756212b.jpg.html)

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_5daad28e-ac34-4181-a23c-5e308100cfbe_zps6ebfd3d0.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/5daad28e-ac34-4181-a23c-5e308100cfbe_zps6ebfd3d0.jpg.html) http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_b03c5a09-d810-449a-bcba-4a014bd72ab8_zps06a93beb.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/b03c5a09-d810-449a-bcba-4a014bd72ab8_zps06a93beb.jpg.html) http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n513/PrincessSunnySunshine/Story%20Banners/th_0a7c483d-1184-4206-91cf-9644c8700204_zpsef8e98a2.jpg (http://s1137.photobucket.com/user/PrincessSunnySunshine/media/Story%20Banners/0a7c483d-1184-4206-91cf-9644c8700204_zpsef8e98a2.jpg.html)

hfce
4th June 2013, 21:14
Beautiful. :)

cbrunberg
5th June 2013, 02:48
loved how lex was cured. and lex knows that chloe healed him. finally they gave in and had sex. can't wait to see what happens next.

BabyDee
13th June 2013, 18:50
Oh WOW!

You promised to find a way to cure Lex so it'll be safe for him to get some Chloe lovin'...i must tell you that was one awesome way for Lex to get cured LOL! And how!

More interesting and pleasurable than Healing Tears of Suck, methinks! ;)

Thanks for sharin' Baby :)
Always a pleasure, Kat! :D

BabyDee
13th June 2013, 18:52
Okay that was HOT! But she healed him say what? LOL!
Hey, if her tears can heal, her blood can, too - and once Lex took her virginity, he had direct access to her bloodstream. Hey presto, healing ensues. :)

Glad you liked it!

BabyDee
13th June 2013, 18:56
Beautiful. :)
Seconded. SunnyD did a fantastic job, and I LOVE it. Thanks again, Sunny! :)