PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] One shot Continuation of my "delete redone" (Rated G) April 30, 2012

reyeslu
1st May 2012, 04:49
Setting: A couple years later, although I don't think you need to read the other one

Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chloe fidgeted rather than actually sit on one of the leather couches in Lex’s Metropolis office. To anyone that didn’t know her, it appeared she was suffering from wearing a stiff formal dress. But to those that did know her and knew from experience that even a cast wouldn’t stop her from making herself comfortable, she was suffering from a bad case of nerves.

Lex watched her in the reflection of his mirror as he finished knotting his tie for the evening. They’d been dating for 3 years, but only openly to the public for the last 2 months. Two months was exactly six months after Chloe started her second floor job at the Daily Planet.

She finally had earned her reporter nickname, given to her by her editor, Perry White. The casual tag was a mark of acceptance in the reporter pool. With it, Chloe felt solid enough to put the rumors at rest. After all, Chloe was known as the T & T Sullivan. Her integrity wouldn’t change just because of her boyfriend.

T & T stood for several things depending on Perry’s mood.

The first was “Terrible Tundra” because she could freeze out even the most press shrewd interviewee. With careful schooling by Lex, she didn’t show any fear, any hesitation, she was ice. Her subjects would spill their guts just to get some sort of reaction from her.

“Top Titles” because she had a way with making even the mundane subjects seem exciting. Perry admitted he’d had a few laughs behind closed doors thanks to her used car ads from when she was a basement dweller.

Last and most commonly bellowed from his mouth was “Tiny Trouble” because she may have been a pocket-sized reporter, but the trouble she got into was so big the only way to describe it was with irony. At the same time, she was envied for her predicaments because they had gotten her bylines.

Right now none of the monikers fit her. Currently, she looked like a “Trembling Thumbelina.”

Lex had never seen her so jittery. Even when she was studying for senior finals at Met U, while working the graveyard shift at the Daily Planet, and consuming pots of coffee a day, she Never was jittery. He knew she was not consuming nearly as much coffee now as she did then because he was still buying her coffee all this time. A deal is a deal and Chloe had given him no loopholes, not that he wanted one.

Lex knew the cause for her concern, but had not anticipated this reaction.

Chloe was about to make her first formal appearance as Lex Luthor’s girlfriend. And Lex was giving his last minute advice.

The couple was discussing the finer points of what Lex called ‘contact building’ and Chloe called ‘snobs being snobs.’

She watched from the couch as he stood in a mirror. He could see her reflection and it wasn’t happy.

Chloe had been trying to avoid this day, or rather evening, but it was inevitable, “How long do you expect me to talk to these people? I’m not too encouraged here. You say at least 15 minutes per group. Why 15 minutes?” All the words came out in a jumbled rush.

Lex, calmly replied as he smoothed down the collar of his shirt, “It should take 5 minutes to find out if a person is really well dressed. Given an average of 3 people in a group, we spend about 15 minutes talking to them.”

Chloe interrupted him, “5 minutes, what’s there to decide? Either they look well-dressed or they don’t.”

“Outward appearances count for everything at these gatherings. Because I am unable to upload fashion magazines directly into my brain, it takes me a while to remember: Current Season vs. Last Season. Tailored vs. Off-the-Rack. High-End vs. luxury.”

Again needing clarification, Chloe interrupted again, “Wait a minute, high-end vs. luxury?”

“It’s Bugatti vs. Ferrari,” Lex replied as if it made all the sense in the world, only to Chloe it didn’t.

“Lex, I’m proud to consider myself more automotive savvy than your average female. For instance, I can change a tire on my own… but aren’t they both really expensive?” she asked. Unconsciously, she tilted her head as he titled his head to tighten his overpriced noose.

Lex’s lips twitched at his attempt to not laugh at her statement. First, the mental image of her changing a tire was appealing; he imagined the flat tire would get the T & T wrath. He did enjoy seeing her angry… while not being the target of her wrath. Second, he was trying to think of the ‘Chloe’ equivalent to the cars and the only comparison he could come up with was laptops. Like the one he wanted to give her vs. the one she already had. ‘Not an argument I am willing to revisit.’

Instead Lex decided upon: “It would be like a cub reporter getting to interview the President of the United States vs. an interview with the Mayor of Metropolis.”

“Ahhh huh, now you’re speaking my language. Basically, we’re going to separate the Japanese Kobe beef steak from the domestic Wagyu steak. Well, I’ll be glad when we can go back to regular Prime friends, at least they’re not overdone.”

Lex agreed with both statements and smiled as he buttoned his jacket. He walked towards Chloe adjusting his cufflinks and gave her compliment that fit their relationship, “I do believe that with you by my side at this grilling, we’ll be able to afford another trip to that steakhouse you loved in Montana. You are sure to charm any of the guests to part with their money for the benefit of LuthorCorp.”

“Alexander Luthor, no meals requiring more than 4 hours of travel until at least one more promotion. You know the deal,” Chloe scolded with a hint of tease at using his first name.

Once he was done adjusting his appearance his hands were free. He used them to sweep her up into his arms, “Well, lucky for me you are on the bullet train straight to under those Tiffany lamps. Otherwise, I might starve.”

They smiled at each other and had another of many breathtaking kisses.

hfce
1st May 2012, 18:31
Awwww.. That was so cute. I loved it. :)

mama_kat
8th May 2012, 11:01
Cute!

Bugatti vs Ferrari. High-end vs. luxury. LOL! I'm with Chloe - I didn't know there was a difference :P

Cassandra Jean
9th May 2012, 06:24
That was so sweet. I love all the little nicknames that Perry has come up with for Chloe...all of them fit her perfectly.

letia84
9th May 2012, 15:03
This was nice. Great work. Great verbal judo.

TrinityR
22nd June 2012, 22:01
where can I read the first part "Delete Redone?'

lexie
23rd June 2012, 00:18
where can I read the first part "Delete Redone?'

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8566-Delete-Redone-(PG)-Ch-26-1-16-2012

TrinityR
23rd June 2012, 00:23
http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8566-Delete-Redone-(PG)-Ch-26-1-16-2012

thank you, Lexie:)

Ami Rose
16th January 2013, 04:11
Very cute loved it!