PDA

View Full Version : Disinheritance (NC17) completed

TrinityR
29th December 2011, 17:27
Title: DISINHERITANCE
Short summary: Lionel disinherits Lex... Lex lives on the farm and he's getting closer to Chloe. How the ex-bilionaire adjust to a normal live?

video to that story (spoilers!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrwy9agTGg&feature=plcp

CHAPTER 1 DISINHERITED

It was almost night when Lex knocked on the Kent's door.

"I'll get it!" he heard Clark's yell and then the door opened. "Hey, Lex." Clark smiled seeing his friend on the porch.

"Clark, I'm sorry to bother you…" Lex was feeling very uncomfortable because of what he was going to ask for.

"Everything's alright?" Clark got worried.

"No, it's not…" Lex looked down ashamed.

"What is it?" Mrs Kent asked while coming to the door.

"According to my father I'm… ah… no longer a Luthor… he's left me with nothing, not even a place to live… so I... ah… I was wondering… if ah… I can stay with you for a while?..." And there they were, they eyes… piercing into him… he couldn't tell what Jonathan Kent was going to say, his face was neither angry nor worried, more like disturbed with Lex's father's behavior. Martha on the other side looked at her husband with care in her eyes and then back at Lex.

"Of course, Lex, you don't even have to ask… come in… I'll get you something warm…"

"So, Lex Luthor is staying with you on the farm?" Chloe's eyes couldn't get any bigger in this moment. "Lionel disinherited him? But… how?" she gasped.

"Lex found his long lost brother and… that was enough. Lex became… kind of a threat to his father, you know… he was starting managing businesses on his own… making money without his help… so he probably got scared and chose the younger Luthor."

"God… that's horrible… I mean… is there any love in this family? Or it's just all business to Lionel?" Chloe sighed and sat by her computer with her latte. "I have to write an article!"

"Don't you think… it will be a little harsh for Lex to read about this in a newspaper?" Clark asked.

"Clark, I know that being a reporter sometimes sucks but it will get to the news anyway, with or without my help and you know what I can do? I can make Lex the victim, I can present him in better light, not the other way around."

"I'm glad you're putting it that way, Chloe," they heard Lex's voice coming from the door.

"Lex…" Clark was a little perplexed. "We… we just..."

"It's ok." The bald ex-billionaire smiled and came closer.

"How long have you been standing there?" Chloe asked biting her lip.

"Long enough…" he started making her feel ashamed. "Long enough to hear that part about love too." He smiled.

"That's embarrassing… I'm sorry."

"Oh, it's ok… better than the last time I saw you. You told me to buy myself a toupee then," he said and laughed.

"What?" She stood up completely baffled. "I never said something like that!"

"Actually, it was more like… that you were always wondering why I didn't have it if I had so much money…"

"Lex… I swear… oh God… what else didn't you tell me, Clark?" She turned to him clearly angry at him. "I asked you what I was doing when I had that parasite inside of me and you didn't say anything!"

"Well, it was easier to tell people that you weren't yourself and you… that nothing happened. Why would you worry about something that you can't even remember?" Clark started defending himself.

"Chloe, I'm not mad at you, I understand you weren't yourself and you would never say something like that," Lex reassured her clearly amused.

"Yeah… I would keep that for myself and instead I told you what I'd been thinking… that was hurtful… I'm sorry."

"You know… you should've just asked."

"So, you are not mad at me for thinking about it?" She was surprised.

"No," he just said and smiled leaning against the furniture.

"But I offended you…" she started again.

"Chloe, can't you just let it go?" Clark asked.

"No, I can't! When I'm hurting people I have to make it right," she cut him off.

"I will answer two questions at once," Lex said. "When I was little I was ashamed that I was bald, I was bullied, I admit, kids didn't understand such things and later… I've learnt how to transfer my weakness into my strength. I won't be hiding under some stupid toupee, I will be myself because it's who I am. It made me stronger."

"Wow… that was good," Chloe said looking at Lex and suddenly they completely ignored Clark. "I kind of… admire you."

"Oh, thank you, miss Sullivan." He sent her another smile. "You know… if my father doesn't change his mind I may even give you a private scoop on his business. That would certainly help you with your career and destroy his."

"Thank you, Lex."

"Ok, enough of the sweetness!" Clark said slightly exasperated. "I'm also in this room."

"I have to come back to work anyway," Chloe winked at him and sat back by her computer.

"Lex, come with me." Clark took his friend out of the room. "Lex, really… I would never think that you and Chloe…"

"Me and Chloe what? Clark, stop seeing things that aren't there."

"You were flirting with each other! I could sense it from miles!"

"You have very vivid imagination." Lex smiled.

"Exactly, this smile is what I'm talking about! You've just lost your money and you have to live on my farm, remember?"

"I have one source of income left," Lex told him.

"Really? And what is that?" Clark got interested.

"The Talon."

Clark couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, I'm serious."

"I know, I can see it… I'm sorry I just… living from that kind of income won't give you your mansion back or your life for that matter."

"There's a small apartment over the Talon and I own it so I thought, I can't keep hanging over your parents for too long, I realize they have to earn their living too and I don't want to overuse their hospitality so, I may live there."

"Don't worry, my mother would like to keep you forever and you helped a lot with the farm this morning. Anyway, I'm sure that your own father will take you back soon."

"I thought that too but, I had hope till this morning. If he hasn't changed his mind by now…"

"Lex, I'm sure he will."

"And I'm not." He stopped and looked at him. "Clark, I will have to face the fact that I'm broke and… I have no idea what to do next. I'm not used to this kind of life. I'm a businessman, I should wear expensive suits and just… live while making buisenesses."

"Welcome to my world," Clark pated his back. "Let me be the big brother for once and show it to you."

They went to the Talon for coffee.

"Lex, I heard what happened. I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" Lana asked when she brought them coffee.

"Thank you, no… actually I'm not ok, but I'll be fine. I still have the Talon. Good thing I changed the agreement so we're partners with equal share and good thing that I excluded this place from my usual businesses."

"Lex, I know that you were giving me the best part of the income but, let's split half now, what do you say? I mean… no, you should have the most and…"

"Lana, calm down. I can't think about it right now." He closed his eyes and lowered his head putting it into his hands.

"I'm sorry. Isee you need a little time for yourself." She walked away.

"Lex…" Clark was really concerned about his friend. It looked like now Lex finally started to realize how hard life could be. "Are you ok?"

"Stop asking me that question!" Lex yelled at him and left the Talon leaving the coffee on the table.

"Clark?" Chloe came over to the farm. "Are you in here?" She walked into the barn. "Oh… Lex…" she got surprised.

She saw Lex working, loading hay.

She stood in the entrance watching his moves and the muscles on his arms when he was lifting it and then…

"Chloe…" He stopped and looked at her. "Are you alright?" he asked wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Wha… yeah, yeah, I'm fine, sure…" she giggled nervously almost licking her lips for a Christ's sake! "You… you're working," she just said.

"Why is that such a surprise to everyone?" he asked smiling to her. "Yes, I'm capable of working on the farm."

"I just… I just thought… you were… you know… this kind of… brain type than…" she stammered.

"Then I guess I'm full of surprises." He smiled again. "I was going to a rancho with my mother when I was little," he explained.

Those days Chloe was the only person that was making him laugh… she was making him forget and he was grateful for it. What was it about that girl?

"You were looking for Clark?" he asked.

"Yes… have you seen him?"

"No since I left the Talon."

"Oh, yeah… Lana's there so he probably won't be home soon."

"Maybe I could help you?"

"No, thanks but unfortunately it was about homework." She smiled. "Good to see you."

"You too." And he came back to work.

She made a few steps forward but couldn't help herself and looked at him once more. Hot. He was so hot while working like that!

Few days passed by and Lionel still hadn't changed his mind.

Lex was strong, he'd been doing everything in his power as not to get crazy or break down and, surprisingly, every time he felt worse he just went to see Chloe and life was good again.

This evening he came back to the farm with a finally made decision.

"You and Chloe are getting pretty close, hah?" Clark said smiling to him in the kitchen.

"I don't know… she's just… Chloe…"

"If she's just Chloe then why every time you see her you're beaming?"

"I am not."

"Don't try to deny it, Lex."

"You're acting like a jealous boyfriend."

"She's just my friend."

"I know… you have your eyes set only on Lana… Where are your parents? I have to talk to them."

"Talk about what?" They just entered the kitchen.

"Oh, Mr and Mrs Kent… I just want to say how grateful I am that you took me under your roof… Mr Kent, even if I knew you weren't so happy about that…"

"Lex, all I can say now is… I guess… you are nothing like your father."

"Thank you, that is a great compliment coming from you, sir. I just wanted to say thank you and also tell you that I will be moving out soon."

"Lionel changed his mind?" Martha got interested. "It's high time."

"No, unfortunately he didn't, but… I decided to move into the apartment over the Talon. I don't want to be a burden for you anymore and when it gets better I will pay you back."

"Lex, you don't have to give us any money," Jonathan stopped him. "We're happy to have you here and with the work you've done on the farm… I should be the one who should pay you."

"No, Mr Kent, I…"

"Lex… just stay," Martha said surprising him.

"Yes… why the hell not…" Jonathan smiled and patted his back. "You're doing great. You're very helpful here and… living on your own in this apartment… I believe in you but you'll be better here."

"You're so thin," Martha said pointing at him. "You'll disappear completely if you stay on your own."

"Well, I guess you have no choice, Lex," Clark laughed. "You always wanted me to be your brother, well… here I am now."

Of course it was hard for them, they needed to be even more careful than usual. Clark could work using his abilities only when Lex wasn't around, but he learnt to deal with that. Another thing was to keep Lex away from the storm cellar but there was no need he would come down there. They always had an eye on him even when he didin't realize.

tyrarose
29th December 2011, 18:40
this was a realy good start, love to see what could have been different if lex had been cut off by lional. can't wait for more, please update soon.

kcsgirl82
30th December 2011, 00:41
Awesome beginning!! Maybe now Lex can get the love he has always craved and be part of a loving family.
Can't wait to see the Chlex develop!!

lilinny
31st December 2011, 06:13
Great beginning. Interested in what happens next.

TrinityR
2nd January 2012, 20:45
Thank you very much for such great reviews!! I'm sorry for the delayed update but Christmas is over and I had to go back to my university so... unfortunately it means less time to write

CHAPTER 2 LEMONADE WITH KRYPTONITE

Buy a lemonade, help to save money for a school trip!

Lex noticed the new booth in his friends' high school.

He got to it to buy a cup, then he went to the Torch.

He knew he'd been hanging out there a lot recently but he just couldn't help himself, he had to see Chloe every single time he'd felt bad and miserable – what was practically most of the time.

He'd been working very hard to attract more people to the Talon and spending all his free time over strategies plans. He needed to get up on his feet, needed a regular salary. He would save some money and maybe in the future he could raise his own company? Maybe in the long distance future he would be able to be even better than his father was now? That was a thought… to outrun him.

"Hey, Lex," Chloe sent him one of her gorgeous smiles.

"Hello, Chloe." He gave her the cup. "I'm not a fun of lemonade, especially when it's…" he looked inside the cup, "…green… but I thought you might like it."

"Oh, thank you." She took the cup and sipped a little. "Actually, it's pretty good, sweet… you should try it, you probably need some sweetness in your life."

"When are you turning eighteen?" The question just slipped out of his mouth before he could even stop himself.

"That's a pretty weird and out of the topic but, actually, next month. Why do you want to know?"

"No reason." He avoided her eyes.

"Hey, guys!" Clark walked inside. "Lex, I'm starting to think that you came back to high school." He laughed.

"Maybe I miss the good old times when everything seemed so easy."

"You mean when you had your pocket full of money," Clark corrected him.

"Yeah… that too," Lex sighed.

"Wasn't high school actually bad for you?" Chloe noticed. "I mean… you know… you've told us that kids… they can be pretty harsh…"

"When somebody's bald? Yes, they can and yeah, it was hard… but better than the place I'm in right now." Lex sat on the edge of the desk just by Chloe who was working on her computer.

"Eh, it can't be that bad," Clark said. "You have friends now. True friends."

"You're right, Clark, that's very important."

"And my father already considers you as a family what kind of shocked me," Clark admitted.

"I always believed that he had it in him, he just… hated my own father and judging from the fact what kind of a person you are, Clark… I can't blame him for thinking that I was his younger version."

"Yeah... but my dad also likes to believe in people."

"Thank God, you're not like your father, Lex," Chloe said. "I'm sorry but, you're distracting me… actually… Clark, you too," she added because she suddenly blushed. She took the lemonade and sipped again to keep her hands busy.

"What's that?" Clark got curious. "Is that this green thing they're selling in the hall?"

"Yes, I bought it," Lex said. "After all, your school wants money for some trip."

"Can I try?" Clark took the cup from Chloe.

"Clark?" Chloe asked and stood up because he barely managed to put the cup back on her desk when he staggered. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Clark!" Lex got to him and they both helped him sit down.

"I'm fine," Clark reassured them after few seconds. "Maybe I had too much sugar in my system."

"You're not diabetic, Clark." Chloe furrowed her brows. "And it can't be the lemonade, I was drinking it and I'm fine…"

"Clark, do you want me to take you to a doctor?" Lex suggested really worried about his friend.

"No, I'm fine," Clark reassured them again and stood up. "See? Fine! Now, let's get Chloe some time to write the article."

"Ok, see you later, Chloe." Lex couldn't help but smile again and walked out.

"Bye!" Chloe weaved and drunk the rest of her lemonade.

"Mr Luthor!" Lex heard the principal's voice in the hall.

"Yes?" He turned round to face him.

"May I ask what are you doing here?"

"I was just visiting my friends, sir."

"You're here every day. Can't you meet somewhere else? I heard that you own this nice cozy place in town called the Talon, why won't you meet up there?"

"Is there a problem?" Lex asked.

"I'm afraid so. You're a mature and grown up man, Mr Luthor so I cannot tolerate your presence in this school every single day. It's unacceptable."

"I did nothing wrong, beside, my father donated…"

"Exactly, your father, not you and for what I've heard you have no connections with him anymore, Mr Luthor." Now the principal excessively emphasized Lex's surname. "I was forced to tolerate your presence here earlier on but right now… I cannot do that any longer, especially when you're here every single day."

"Mr Kwon…"

"That is my last word. I'm sorry."

"No, you're not sorry. Are you enjoying yourself?" Lex hissed. "You're using the situation to mock me, but you know what, Mr Kwon? You can insult me as much as you want, I don't care. You want me out? That's fine!" He turned round.

"Lex?" Chloe called after him. "Principal Kwon… you can't…"

"I can do whatever I want here, Ms Sullivan and considering your young age and close relations you're starting to have with Mr Luthor… I should warn you that is not appropriate."

"Lex… wait…" she ignored Mr Kwon and walked toward her friend.

"Ms Sullivan, do you want detention?"

"Chloe, please, get back to the Torch," Lex said with care in his voice. "I do not want to get you in any trouble. It's not worth it. I'll see you later."

"Ok," she sighed and watched him walking away.

"Lex? Are you here?" Chloe asked licking her lips and walking inside his room. "Knock, knock, Lex?" He wasn't there.

Such a shame, she thought and grimaced. She could wait, no worries.

After half an hour Lex finally got inside and switched the light on.

He almost jumped when he saw Chloe on his bed. She was half-lying on it supported by her elbows.

"Chloe…" he said. "You scared me. What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you," she said.

He had the impression that something wasn't right. Her voice was a little different.

"Oh, Lex… You have no idea how long you've made me wait," she sulked theatrically, got up and came closer to him.

"Chloe, are you feeling ok?" he asked because something was obviously wrong with her.

"I feel great. Acutally, I've never felt better." She licked her lips while making her way to him.

"What are you doing?" he asked when his back met the closed door. He realized that he'd been moving back.

She finally got to him.

"No way to run now, hah? Come on… I know you want it… I know you want me…" she whispered.

"What are you doing?"

She just giggled.

"I'm done waiting. Let's do it already! I know you're a gentleman and you're waiting for my eighteenth birthday until it gets legal but… come on… no one has to know…" She slid her finger down his chest.

"Chloe… what are…"

"Sshh…" She put the other finger to his mouth. "Interesting… this scar…" she added touching it and making him gasp.

Then, she suddenly reached to her blouse.

She took it off and Lex noticed that she wasn't wearing any bra.

"Chloe…" he started warningly but could not take his eyes off her, off her breast to be accurate, he started losing his mind, couldn't think straight anymore.

"I know you want it…" She took his hand in hers and put it to her right breast.

He closed his eyes and inhaled the air deeply. His heart was pounding definitely too fast in his chest.

He found himself pulling her closer and kissing her, immediately feeling her tongue in his mouth… yes, that was the ultimate affirmation that she indeed, was what he wanted but…

Then, he felt that she cupped his crouch with her hand.

He realized that he'd been already hard but after that...

"Oh… ready for me?" she sighed and bit his earlobe.

"Chloe!" He suddenly put himself together, put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her away. "Chloe, something happened to you! I need to get you to a doctor… oh God, you're burning up…" he noticed how red her face was and put his left hand to her forehead. "You're sick…"

"I'm not sick. I'm seeing everything so clear for the first time in my life! I know what I want and it's you!"

"No, not like that, you're not yourself. The real Chloe would never do something like that." He picked her blouse from the floor and put it on her.

"Lex!" she sulked.

"Put it on!"

She did it reluctantly.

"Now, come with me."

"Mr Kent?!" Lex yelled and took Chloe downstairs. "Mr Kent!"

"Lex, what is it?" Clark got out of the living room. "Chloe… what…"

"She's not well, Clark," Lex said. Chloe tried to kiss him so he had to push her away again. "Something's wrong with her! She has a fever…"

"It must be that lemonade!" Clark suddenly exclaimed.

"Lemonade? Really?" Lex snorted. "Clark, this is a serious…"

"I'm also serious! Lana was acting really strange too."

"Ok, I don't want to know any details... We just have to get Chloe to a hospital."

"Lex, were you calling for me?" Jonathan Kent got inside the house. "Hello, Chloe… something's wrong?"

"Mr Kent, I need to take her to a hospital. Can I borrow your truck?"

"Sure, Lex... Clark, will you come with him or stay and help me with the farm?" Jonathan gave Clark a significant look. Clark sighed.

"OK, I'll help... Lex, just make sure she's alright."

"You have my word, I wouldn't let anything happen to her."

"Oh! My hero!" Chloe exclaimed and tried to kiss him again.

"Has she taken any drugs?" Jonathan asked.

"I think it's a lemonade made from meteor rocks," Clark explained. "Lex, hurry."

"Sure… thank you, Mr Kent… Chloe… come on…"

"Are you sure, sir, that she hasn't taken any drugs?" Doctor needed to be positive.

"Yes, I am, I know her. It's not like her. She would never do drugs."

"Ok… so, you're trying to tell me that a lemonade caused it?"

"Well, it's my friend's theory… and we don't really have any other..."gastric lavage

"To be honest… we neither… we had to do a gastric lavage because of a strange substance she had in her stomach…"

Lex wished so badly that he could have his influences right now. He would really want to have a sample and have it examined in his lab later.

"Thank you, doctor. Is she awake?"

"She should be any minute now. You can go see her."

"Thank you."

He got inside the room.

"Chloe?" he asked and sat on the chair by her bed.

She looked so pale, so venerable and exhausted that it made him feel guilty. He couldn't had suspected that there had been something wrong with that lemonade… had he? But it still felt like his fault.

"Lex…" she whispered and after a while she opened her eyes to look at him. She smiled.

"Hey, there." He also smiled and brushed her hair with his hand. "How are you feeling?" He didn't really have to ask. He could see she was her old herself back.

"Fine… just… exhausted…"

"That is how a person usually feels after a gastic lavage," he told her.

"Why? I didn't…"

"It was my fault. I bought you that lemonade. Clark has this theory that there were meteor rocks inside."

"That's actually a pretty good explanation considering the fact it affected him too."

"Don't you think it affected him too fast?"

"He's Clark, he was always weird."

"Considering his weight it should've taken a little longer and he just…"

"Another mystery to Clark Kent's puzzle," she sighed. "Why don't I remember anything?" she asked wincing her face. "And why do I have that feeling again that I should apologize to you?"

"Well, you were acting pretty… crazy," Lex answered trying to remain calm.

"How much crazy?" she got worried. "Did I do something to you?"

"Beside harassing me sexually? Absolutely nothing. Don't worry though, it was quite pleasant," he said in a joke manner.

"Oh, please tell me that you're just kidding," she asked him perplexed.

"Rest now, Chloe. Everything will be alright." He stood up and got to the door.

"Lex? Tell me that you're joking!" she repeated.

He turned back to her and winked at her, then he left.

"So you were joking…" she sighed with relief. Was he…?

TrinityR
6th January 2012, 20:26
CHAPTER 3 DEATH IS COMING

Just two weeks… she thought, two weeks and she would finally turn eighteen. Who cared anyway? If she'd had any impression that Lex had been interested in her, truly interested in a romantic way, now it was all gone. Maybe she'd misread the signs?

Why do you even think about him? She asked herself. Grow up, stupid girl, he probably thinks that you're just a child. He was never seriously thinking about you!

"Chloe, are you ok?" she heard Clark's voice by the door what made her jump.

"Jeez, Clark, you scared the hell out of me! Stop sneaking up on people!" she snapped at him and came back to writing a new article for the Torch.

"And you're also angry. Is this my fault? Did I do something?" he asked coming closer. "Because if I…"

"No, Clark, it's not you."

"Chloe, I know I… I started dating Lana recently but…"

"You started dating Lana again?!" Chloe raised her eyes from the screen to look at him. "Really?"

"You didn't know?"

"Clark, don't worry, if I felt something for you in the past… it's over now."

"Are you sure?" he asked still not convinced.

"Yes!"

"So who is it? Is it Lex?" He took a chair from the corner of the room and sat by her side.

"I'm trying to write here! Hello! You're a intrusion right now."

"Don't try to change the theme. I thought you two were on your best way to something."

"I thought that too, but recently I haven't heard from Lex and considering the fact that principal Kwon banned him from school…"

"Maybe you don't know, but Lex is very busy right now," Clark interrupted her. "I'm sure he'll find you in your birthday."

"Yeah, Lex, the honorable man who can't get near a girl who's not eighteen yet," Chloe snorted while typing furiously.

"He's working. He's doing everything he can to be able to afford his living. He even thinks about starting a new company in Metropolis some day."

"Really? Why don't I know about it?"

The phone rang what was actually a relief for Chloe, she didn't feel comfortable while talking about her private life with Clark. She preferred him whining about Lana all the time than this.

"The Torch, Chloe Sullivan," she answered.

"Chloe? It's Jonathan, is Clark there? I can't reach him."

"Yes, Mr Kent," she said and handed the receiver over to Clark. "It's your dad, he seems… disturbed."

Her friend looked at her a little concerned.

"Yeah, dad?... What? When? Ok, I'll be right there!" He jumped to his feet.

"What happened?" Chloe asked watching him closely.

"It's my mum…" Clark said clearly scared. "She just… collapsed. She's in hospital. I have to go there."

"I'll go with you!" Chloe yelled, but he didn't listen. He was already gone. "No need to wait for me," she said to herself with sarcasm and took her coat.

Ten minutes later she was walking into the hospital.

"Chloe!" she heard a voice from behind her. Great, she thought, so you can see me now!

She turned round to face Lex.

"I got here as fast as I could." His voice also concerned.

"Me too," she admitted. "Did you notice that when something happens to Kent everybody's worried about them?"

"Yes, I wish my father was like that," Lex sighed. "Kents are good people and that is why others love them so much. They did so much for me and I'm sure that Mr Kent still didn't trust me when I moved in. Shall we?" he pointed the door and then opened them signaling Chloe that she should come in first. "After you."

"Thank you."

While inside she couldn't not ask:

"Lex… what were you doing recently?" There was hesitance in her voice.

"I've been working. Why?" They reached the elevator.

"No reason. I just… haven't seen you around."

"I've been busy," he just said pushing the right button in the elevator. "Did you miss me?" He smiled to her.

She looked down quite agitated.

"No, why?" It was the most stupid answer ever and she knew it. Thankfully, the elevator finally reached the right floor.

"Clark!" They noticed him as soon as they walked into the ward.

"How's your mum?" Chloe asked while getting to him quickly, Lex followed.

"It's bad, Chloe." He turned to them, his face miserable. "Very bad…"

"Why? What is it?" Lex asked.

"They say that she caught some blood infection, but they don't know what kind, they're running some tests but…" His voice trailled off.

"Clark?" Chloe had never seen him like that.

"I'm sure she'll be alright, your mum is strong, Clark," Lex tried to comfort him.

"I don't know… they're sending a team from the Disease Control to examine our farm. They think that whatever she caught, it's there."

"Is it contagious?" Lex asked.

"They don't think so… dad!" Clark noticed Jonathan walking out of the doctor office. "How is she?" He got to him.

"No change, Clark." Jonathan patted his son's back.

Chloe and Lex could see how much older Jonathan looked right now, it scared them. Was it that bad?

"I wish I could have my influences right now," Lex sighned.

"Lex, it's not your fault." Chloe hesitated but she touched his arm eventually to give him some comfort. "Money can't save everyone."

"But maybe it would help." He suddenly staggered.

"Lex?" Chloe looked at his face, clearly concerned. "Lex?"

He looked at her puzzled and then he put his hands to his head.

"Lex, what's happening?" He was scaring her. "Lex!"

"Lex!" Clark noticed that something was wrong and got to them in time just to catch Lex before he fell on the floor. "We need a doctor here!"

Ten minutes later Chloe was standing in the door of the room where doctors had put Lex in.

He had the same symptoms that Mrs Kent.

"Chloe…" Clark got to her putting his hands on her shoulders from behind her.

"What if…" Chloe turned to look into his eyes. "Clark… I'm so scared." She was crying.

"We'll be ok, Chloe, they'll be ok, the doctors will save them," he reassured her doing the best he could to believe it himself and hugged her. "We can't lose our hope."

"Is your dad fine? You're all living on that farm and…"

"He's fine. Me too. Don't worry…"

"I'm not worrying about us getting sick, I'm worrying that… that… Lex will die… and I will never get the chance to tell him how I feel about him," she sobbed.

"He knows that, Chloe, you didn't have to say anything, he knows." Clark was stroking her hair. "And I'm sure that you know that he feels the same."

"Stupid age… stupid Lionel… I hate him."

"What happen to the gift of yours? All you can say is 'stupid'?" Clark tried to cheer her up but it was a weak attempt. "Come on, it wouldn't hold an article!"

"Stop."

"And… you're forgetting about one thing."

"What's that?" She wiped tears from her face.

"If it wasn't for Lionel kicking out Lex, you two wouldn't never get so close."

She almost smiled.

"I better go to him…"

She walked inside the room. Lex was lying in bed, still unconscious, connected to some machines and a drip. The sight of him, so sick, so vulnerable, made her want to cry again but she knew she had to be strong.

So Chloe just sat by him and took his hand in hers.

"There's so much I want to tell you…" she sighed. "I just… look at me, Chloe, the brave reporter of the Torch, so good with words and when it comes to telling the right person what I feel… I'm just closing myself in this shell and all I can do is wait until you make the first step… I refuse to believe it's too late, Lex… you know… a week ago I missed you so much that I took a sheet of paper and wrote down my feelings. I would've never read it to you or told you that first but, I guess it doesn't matter now anymore, does it?" She sighed and while still holding his hand with her left one, she reached the other one to her pocket for the paper. "Stupid girl, hah?" she asked him. "I'm even carrying that with myself… I'm the girl of your dreams masquerading as your best friend…"

Clark wanted to go see Lex too but he stopped just by the door when he heard Chloe's words. He knew he shouldn't be listening to that so he just backed out with a sad smile on his face.

"Clark!" His father got to him. "The Disease Control team is heading toward Smallville right now, you have to get to the farm and… move the ship!" He lowered his voice down.

His son just nodded and was already gone.

"Come on, Pete! We have to get this out of here!" He was hurrying up his friend who was driving the truck.

"Clark, do you really want us to get a speed ticket when we have a space ship on the back?" Pete asked. "I'm doing everything I can!... Clark?" He gazed at his friend once more. "Clark, are you ok?"

Clark wasn't, he suddenly felt dizzy like he was just about to pass out. He was glad now that he wasn't the one driving the truck.

"Clark!"

"Just… drive, Pete… I'll be… fine…" he whispered.

"You certainly don't look fine. Did you catch the same disease that your mum and Lex?"

"I'll be fine! Only… kryptonite... can hurt me… remember?"

"Well… if there was kryptonite in that bacteria…"

"Drive!"

And Clark passed out.

Chloe needed coffee. She was sitting by Lex's side too long, she just couldn't stop watching his face, couldn't stop searching for any evidences that would indicate any improvement.

"Please… get better…" she whispered, stood up and kissed his cheek. "Come back to me, Lex…"

When she got into the corridor she noticed Mr Kent talking to a doctor. He didn't look well.

"Mr Kent..." She carefully came closer to him like she was afraid of what she might hear. The doctor was already gone.

"Chloe…" Jonathan's voice faltered.

"Oh no…" She covered her mouth with her hand. "Tell me that they'll be ok!"

"They might… not survive the night…" Mr Kent sat down as the burden was too heavy for him.

"No…" she squealed and then… "Just wait here." She quickly got back to Lex to get her coat and purse. "You'll be fine, I promise you that," she told him and walked out again.

"Chloe…" Jonathan stopped her by the elevator. "What are you doing? Where are you going? You can't help them." He grasped her by her arm.

"No, I can't," she said looking into his eyes, "but I know somebody who will."

"Who?" he asked hesitantly but already knew the answer.

"Lionel Luthor," she just said and got into the elevator.

He didn't try to stop her. The fear for his wife's life overcame his hate for the man mentioned by the small blonde.

Jonathan started to worry that Clark wasn't coming back yet. They should be ready with the ship by now… and he was sure that his son would get back to his sick mother immediately.

Chloe took a deep breath and entered the study room in the mansion. It was so familiar, just like she remembered but with one small detail - it wasn't Lex sitting in the chair behind the desk anymore, it was his father.

"Ms Sullivan, to what do I owe this pleasure?" he asked her but didn't stand up.

Of course, he didn't, she thought, in his view she was beneath him.

"Mr Luthor, believe me, it's not a pleasure. Have you already heard the news?"

"What news?" he asked her, smirking.

"I think you haven't because otherwise you wouldn't be sitting here so relaxed over an afternoon glass of whiskey I presume." She looked at the bottle.

"You're a witty young lady, you know that?"

"Lex is dying," she got straight to the point because she wanted to surprise him to see his true reaction to that news.

But there was no reaction. Was he the devil in a human flesh? She though terrified, she'd just told the man that his son was dying!

"What do you mean, Lex is dying?" Lionel repeated with a question.

"First, Martha Kent got sick and then Lex. It's some kind of an unknown blood disease and the Disease Control is already in Smallville searching the Kent's farm for any bacteria," she recited to him while still carefully watching his face. "Even if they find something… doctors say… they say…" Shit, she scolded herself quietly for that lost of countenance, she couldn't let Lionel see her weakness and that was exactly what she was doing right now! "They say that Clark's mother and your son won't survive the night," she finished with normal voice. Now she could be proud of herself, she hadn't broke, at least not yet.

"And what do you expect from me?"

"Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrows. "What do I expect? I'm sorry, Mr Luthor, but Lex is your son! I can't understand how you could disinherit him like you did and I certainly don't understand you now! It's your son! He's dying! What more do you need? Won't you help him? You have the money and influences, you may be his last chance to live!"

"You know that Lex was never sick in his entire life?"

"What that has to do with anything?" I was baffled.

"It means that whatever attacked his body now… it's nothing like the usual human disease."

"What if that bacteria was infected with meteor rocks? Do you like my theory now?"

She was sick of this game he was playing with her. That man wasn't normal!

Lionel didn't answer and Chloe started feeling much more uncomfortable in this silence.

"Lex is your son," she repeated quietly, almost whispering and looked down. She couldn't bare Lionel's gaze anymore.

"Do you love him?" he suddenly asked what made her look at him again.

"And what that has to do with anything?" she asked puzzled.

"It's a simple question," he said still remaining calm. "Ms Sullivan, do you have feelings toward Lex?"

She didn't answer.

"You do," he answered himself. "I can see that. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Lex is really going lower and lower… to meddle with a working class…"

"How can you say something like that about your own son?" Chloe stood up, she had enough. "Mr Luthor, I won't be sitting here and listening to those relevant observations. Will you or will you not help him?" She was looking into his eyes, desperately waiting for the affirmation, for the right answer, for the answer she was expecting.

"I will… not," he told her while bending over the table to get closer to her so she could see it clearer on his face." Certainly not what she'd been expecting.

"You are… go to hell," she said strangely calm and turned round.

"You go to Lex! Spend some time with him when you still can!" He almost laughed.

She turned round, tears flowing down her face. She wasn't trying to hide them anymore.

"You know what, Mr Luthor?" Chloe suddenlt felt brave enough to say that. "There is no need for sophisticated words anymore, what I want to say to you can be limited to the one, simplest word in the world… go and… FUCK yourself!" she burst and turned round to the exit leaving him in shock.

What was it, Lionel? Did I offend you? Well… it was exactly what I wanted to do. You don't deserve to be called anything else than a simple fucker.

But when she found herself by her car, she just broke.

She fell on the ground plunging herself in despair.

Tears didn't want to stop flowing…

Lex would die…

Rachet
6th January 2012, 21:50
The MB at it again

dannibfree
7th January 2012, 17:38
This is a great story, can't wait for more.

tatie87
7th January 2012, 22:07
Very interesting begining. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Annie13
8th January 2012, 00:17
great story. can#t wait for your next update.

cbrunberg
8th January 2012, 19:54
loved the story.it interesting to see lec living on the farm.love that chloe and lex are getting closer

TrinityR
10th January 2012, 19:58
CHAPTER 4 CELEBRATING LIFE
Chloe got back to the hospital as fast as she could. If there was nothing she could do anymore… she should be by his side… to the very end…

She'd never felt so weak like in this moment. What would she do after… no, she couldn't think like that. They would manage to save Lex. They'd said that he might not survive the night. MIGHT. Not that he definitely wouldn't.

Hope. Little, but always hope.

She took the elevator with the intention to get to Lex immediately.

She was stopped in the corridor by Mr Kent.

"Mr Kent… is everything alright?" she asked watching his face closely. If something happened he would probably be devastated.

"No change," he sighed heavily. "Have you seen Clark?"

"Clark?" She wrinkled her forehead. Where was Clark exactly? Chloe realized just now that he'd been gone for a while. "I have no idea," she admitted.

"I… I sent him for something… he should be back by now."

"I really don't know, Mr Kent." She was just about to walk into Lex's room.

"Wait…" He caught her arm. "Weren't you going to see Lionel Luthor?"

"I'm sorry," she said quietly, almost whispering, not able to look him in the eye. "There was nothing that… I could do." Great, now she was breaking right in front of him. She could feel tears coming back.

"Chloe…" His voice got softer. "I'm sorry…"

"You don't have to be sorry for me. Don't try to make me feel better. Take care of yourself and your wife, Mr Kent. For what is worth… I tried. I really did try. I… I care about Lex and…"

"I know, honey, I know…" Jonathan put his arms around her. "We have to be strong for them. We have to have hope that they will be fine."

"I know…" she sniffed. "Go to your wife, spend this time with her. Don't waste it for waiting for Clark. It's his mother and his best friend… he'll be here."

"Do the same, Chloe." He let her go and patted her shoulder. "If you need something I'll be in the room right next to this one."

"Ok." She wiped her nose with her sleeve and went back to Lex's room.

"Can you hear me, Lex?" she whispered with care in her voice while getting closer to him and finally reaching for his hand.

"Of course not," she answered herself. "If you did… you would say something by now, wouldn't you? Come on, tell me how annoying I am…" She bit her lip while watching his calm face.

The machine beeping quietly in the rhythm of his heart.

Chloe looked at her bag and reached for her cell phone. She could always call Pete. Maybe he would know what was up with Clark.

She chose a number.

"Pete?" He answered after like ten signals and there was some strange noise coming from his side. "Peter? Is that you? Are you ok? Have you seen Clark…?"

"Chloe!... I can't talk right now!" he just yelled at her and hung up.

"So much for your friendly attitude," she snorted and put the phone back to her bag.

"Clark?" Peter hung up on Chloe and looked back at his friend.

They got safely to Ross's house.

"Clark! Wake up!" He hit his face a couple of times. "Buddy… don't you get sick on me! You can't get sick! You're the superalien from out of space, remember?"

But Clark was motionless.

"Clark, we have to move this ship to my garage and we have to do it fast! I can't manage on my own!"

Then, something unexpected happened.

Pete heard some whistle and the octagonal key to the ship flew out of Clark's pocket.

"What the…" his friend started while watching the key whirling around and… placing itself in the opening in the ship.

It started illuminating with dazzling light so he had to cover his eyes.

"Clark…" he said warningly but figured that his friend wouldn't hear him anyway. "CLARK!" Ok, he was losing control. Now the ship started giving away some strange buzzying noises.

And then, just as quick and abrupt as it started, it stopped.

"Holy shit!" Pete gasped and looked at Clark. "Clark!" Surprisingly, Clark was looking back at him. He was conscious and looked normal with a slight difference that he was so confuse.

"What just happened?" he asked looking at the ship.

"The key… the key just flew to the ship and it got alive! And you're ok!" Peter exclaimed.

"Peter," Clark said very seriously. "I think that the ship healed me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I… If there was kryptonite in that bacteria… I might've got sick from it and then… the ship healed me."

"Do you think we could use it on your mother and Lex?" Peter had an idea.

"It's our only hope."

"But how on Earth would we get the ship to the hospital so no one would notice?"

"That's an excellent question, Pete… we'll just improvise, I guess. It's not like we have a choice."

"At least let's wait until sunset, ok? It's only about an hour left…"

"Ok, but let's drive there already. As soon as the sun sets we'll getting to work."

"Fine by me."

"Lex…" Chloe couldn't stop talking to him although she knew she wouldn't get any answer. "I know you're in there, you've never been sick in your entire life so, I'm sure you can fight it! I know you can! You have to! Please, come back to me… no, you don't have to come back for me, just… come back to life, it's enough…"

She suddenly noticed some turmoil in the hall.

"Code blue! Code blue!" She was watching doctors and nurses running to the room just next to Lex's.

"Oh, no…" she whispered and stood up getting closer to the window so she could see the corridor through it.

"We have to resuscitate!"

She covered her mouth with her hands when she noticed Jonathan Kent thrown out of the room, the doctor needed a place... they needed to bring his wife back before it was too late.

Then, something even more mortifying happened.

The machines connected to Lex started beeping.

She whirled around but wasn't able to move any further than that.

Whatever was happening to Martha Kent was happening to Lex too.

Another team immediately burst through the door and got to him.

They ripped his hospital pajama open to uncover his chest. Normally Chloe would be captured by this glimpse of his body, but now… now she was about to lose it all before she even got it…

"Come on!" They started to resuscitate him as well.

Clark and Peter decided to activate the ship on the parking. There was no way they could carry it into the hospital.

"Maybe we could help more people than just my mum and Lex," Clark said enthusiastically.

"Don't get your hopes up too high, Clark," Peter warned him. "We don't know if it's gonna work."

"It have to. I know it will. I believe." Clark was determined.

"We lost him…" Chloe thought she misheard. They lost him? No! How could they just…

She watched the doctors stopping working on Lex like through the fog.

"What ddddo'ou meannn?" she squealed, finally able to move a little.

"I'm sorry." The doctor came to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

"You're sorry?" she screamed. "Don't be sorry! Do something!"

"Miss, there is nothing we can do. It's too late… he's gone." He left the room leaving her completely shocked and strangely numb.

Then, Chloe heard somebody else's moan. It was Jonathan Kent's. Martha must die too.

"No…" It finally struck her with full force. "NO!" She got to Lex.

"Time of death…" The nurse started filling in a chart.

"NO!"

The whole building suddenly shook to its foundations and some dazzling light lightened the room up. Chloe had to cover her eyes and soon she found herself on the floor because the noise was so unbearable for her ears.

What the hell was that?

Then, just as soon as it all started, it stopped.

She took her hands off her ears and opened her eyes looking around in panic. Had just a bomb exploded? No, no way, she was still alive. So what had it been then?

In this moment the most unexpected happened.

"Chl… Chloe?" she heard Lex hoarsing.

"LEX?" she immediately got to her feet to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. "LEX?"

She saw him alive! She'd just watched him dying and now he was there, in bed, breathing… his eyes open… looking for her.

"LEX!" she just couldn't stop repeating his name. "Oh God! It's a miracle!" She got to him and before she even thought she could hurt him she hugged him.

He also pulled her close while burying his face in her blond hair.

"I'm so glad that you're alive!" she exclaimed and when she looked him in the eye she just… kissed him.

Hell of a first kiss, she thought when she moved back totally ashamed of her impulsiveness.

"I'm sorry…" she apologized avoiding his eyes. "I overreacted."

"I'm glad you did." He smiled to her.

"Eh… yeah… eh... " She felt awkward. It was one thing to confess her love to him while he'd been unconscious… and another to actually do something about that later on.

"First kiss," she whispered to herself when sitting in the chair by his bed.

"Not exactly…" he started when the team burst through the door once more.

"What do you mean?" She raised her eyebrows but she was soon pushed aside by the doctors.

"But… sir, you were dead…" the doctor said while examining him. "Now you look totally fine and well..."

She walked out of the room into the corridor feeling her heart pounding definitely too fast in her chest and her legs shaky.

"Chloe!" Suddenly, there was Clark right by her side. "Are you ok? Are Lex and mum ok?"

"Have you seen what happened?" she asked him. "First… they die… then this strange… bomb… and then Lex is alive…"

"Clark!" Jonathan got to his son. "Finally! You got here! What took you so long?"

"How's mum? Is she ok?"

"Yes, son, she's fine now."

Chloe couldn't not notice the strange looks on their faces. It was like they knew something or at least Clark knew something and was signaling his dad that they would talk later.

Later meant without her by their side? Chloe sighed.

It was eleven pm when somebody knocked on her door.

Who could it be at such a late hour? Chloe thought and got away from her computer. Luckily, she still had her clothes on. It was Friday and when she didn't have to go to school the next day morning she liked to work on her articles till late. How pathetic was that in Friday night? She thought. Well, it was making her happy so she didn't complain.

She'd left the hospital because the doctors had sent her home. Lex had to have some examinations done so there had been no point in staying there.

"Lex…" she gasped seeing him in the door. "What are you…" but she stopped because he just took her face in his hands and kissed her.

He surprised her at first so she was just standing there, with his lips over hers, stoned, but after a few seconds she started kissing him back and he pushed her further so he could shut the door behind him.

When he finally moved back to look at her she just asked:

"And what about my age? You know, it's still illegal," she teased him. The last thing she wanted now was him to get out of her room.

"Who cares about the age when we can be both dead tomorrow?" he asked.

"Oh, I love that theory," she whispered, she couldn't take her eyes off his.

"Only if you want to..." he emphasized.

"Oh, believe me… I do." She got closer to him, willing to kiss him again.

"Wait… there's one thing you have to know." He caught her hands in the air while she reached them out to put them on his torso.

"What is it?" Chloe asked, but suspected she already knew.

"When you got poisoned… by this lemonade… you came on to me."

"And that is why you said it wasn't our first kiss back in the hospital?" she needed to know that.

"Yes," he answered honestly.

"Don't worry… it was for me since I can't remember the previous one."

"And… Chloe… you weren't yourself… but I think you should know that you were standing right in front of me… half naked."

"What?" She was shocked and suddenly she turned her back on him. She couldn't look at his face right now. "Oh my God, how embarrassing… and you… we didn't…"

"No, I stopped it before we got any further." He grunted.

"Good…"

"But…"

"Ok, I'm feeling too ashamed right now so don't tell me anything more about that day."

She could feel him standing right behind her and then he put his hands on her arms.

"You know, I quite enjoyed it… such a pity that you weren't yourself then."

"Was I braver?"

"Maybe…" He forced her to turn to face him again. "And I think it's still there, inside of you, you just need to get it out. Don't be ashamed of anything."

"Thank you for being honest with me."

"It's a new feature of mine, but I'm not quite sure if I like it yet… or if you like it for that matter."

"I do, no matter how hard is it for you to tell me the truth, I do like it. That means you've changed, you're a better person now… and that is the person I want."

"So we settled that," he whispered and stared kissing her again.

He pushed her toward her bed and she didn't oppose.

It was wonderful how the near death experience made people look at life differently. Who cared that their relationship would be legal in a week or so? Their friend would never report Lex and even if… one week?

It was all new and exciting for Chloe and she enjoyed it, but she couldn't deny that she was also a little scared.

She finally was where she wanted to be – with Lex - and what was more – with Lex in bed.

She desired him, it felt right so there was nothing to fear, she thought and tried to put her mind at rest.

She finally did it when Lex undressed her carefully and started kissing her body… lips… neck… getting lower and lower… until he reached her breast and teased her nipples with his tongue.

Her body was already whirling under him and they hadn't even got to the final part yet.

She sighed when she felt his hand between her legs spreading them gently until it reached her clit.

She decided to be brave, there was no point in fear because… what was the point? It sounded idiotic, but it was truth. Life was about adventure and being fearless.

She made the decision and slid her hands through Lex's torso finally reaching his pants and helping him to get rid of them.

"Here's my girl," he whispered into her ear while gently biting her earlobe.

She smiled and took his cock into her hand, stroking it gently.

"Are you ready?" he gasped into her mouth.

"Yeah… and I can tell that you are too so..."

He smiled to her and started getting inside of her.

She gasped when she felt him there but relaxed soon enough and started enjoying it… too much.

It was amazing for her, totally new, ecstatic… amazing! Again, why were they waiting so long?"

"Oh… Lex…" she gasped while saying his name.

"Chloe…" he answered her and the sound of his husky whisper made her want him even more.

"Oh my… Oh FUCK!" she screamed when she came.

He followed her soon enough.

"Miss Sullivan, you're so easy with words and fuck is the only way for you to describe it?" he asked staying inside of her and looking her in the eye.

"Well…" she started and he laid by her side. "It's not exactly innocent, gentle or poetic, it's animalistic and dirty, so I figured… sometimes the simplest words are best to describe something."

"I like your point of view," he admitted bending over to kiss her.

"Are you up for another round?" she asked with sparks in her eyes about ten minutes later.

"Already? ok…" He laughed.

"Let me try something new," she asked him after a while and got to his cock.

"What are you doing?" He was ready immediately. She had a huge impact on him, she touched him making him hard.

"I'm giving you a blow job…" she answered like it was nothing and put him into her mouth. "Am I doing it right?"

"Oh yes…" he sighed and closed his eyes. "Then I will give you something, honey…"

"So, did you really go to see my father?" Lex asked when they were so tired that they were just about to fall asleep. He held her in his arms and she never felt more safer than in that moment.

"Yes… Well… I told him to fuck himself."

"You did what?" Lex snorted and took a better look at her face. "Are you serious?"

"Yes."

He started laughing.

"I wish I could be there to see the expression on his face!"

starmoon
15th January 2012, 08:05
i like this story and can't wait for more please update soon.

TrinityR
15th January 2012, 19:44
CHAPTER 5 LOVE OR FRIENDSHIP?

Chloe opened her eyes and for a moment she didn't know where she was… she looked around sleepily just to notice Lex laying right next to her. She smiled and searched for her phone to check the hour. It couldn't be late if she was so sleepy.

It was. It was 10 am already!

"Good morning." Lex also woke up and stretched himself, then he kissed her. "What is it?" he asked seeing the confusion on her face.

"Nothing, I just… feel so tired…" She yawned to prove it.

He laughed.

"Well… we haven't exactly been sleeping the whole night, have we?" He winked at her. "Nothing that a hot shower and a cup of coffee can't fix."

"Hot shower…" She smiled blissfully.

"…together?" he suggested looking at her lustfully.

"Hmm… I don't know if you earned it," she teased him. "Catch me," she giggled and quickly got out of the bed to disappear in the bathroom.

He was watching her and then he followed her.

"Gotta ya!" The smiles just couldn't fade away from their faces.

They got under the shower and Chloe turned on the tap.

"Cold!" she squealed and clung to Lex's naked body.

"I guess we have to wait until it gets warmer but I have a better idea to get hot." He looked at her and started kissing her again.

"Lex..." Clark was surprised to see his friend coming back to the farm in the morning. "Where have you been all night?" He raised his eyebrows. "I thought you got out of hospital yesterday."

"I did," he confirmed.

"Wait…" Clark got closer. "Am I smelling Chloe's perfume all over you? Lex…" he started warningly.

"Clark, relax… she's almost 18."

"Exactly, almost."

"What are you going to do? Report me?"

"Are you kidding? Of course not! I just… just be careful with her and… Lex, don't hurt her. She's been through enough."

"You mean this relationship with you that never happened?" Lex almost laughed. "Don't worry, Clark, I'm a grown-up and I'm very serious about her, otherwise I wouldn't do anything because she is, indeed, young."

"Good, we clear it up so now I can say that I'm happy for you two." He smiled. "Chloe deserves to be happy… come, mum's making breakfast."

"Mrs Kent, how are you feeling? Shouldn't you be resting?" Lex asked with care in his voice when they entered the house.

"No, I'm feeling great, Lex, thank you." She sent him her usual warm smile.

Sometimes he wished he could have a family like that.

"Mum, prepare yourself for the news," Clark started and sat by the table.

"What news?"

"Chloe and Lex, the newest Smallville scoop."

"Really? That is wonderful, Lex. I'm glad that your life is coming back on track."

"I appreciate that, Ms Kent." Lex smiled. "Though, I have something different on my mind right now. I can't understand how it happened that we recovered so… miraculously. What was this bright light that everybody saw last night in the hospital?" Lex couldn't not notice the look that Martha Kent had given her son before she answered.

"It's a mystery to me too, Lex." She patted his shoulder and served him pancakes. "I guess… another strange thing that happened in this town." She shrugged.

"I want to know. I need to," he said.

"Hate to tell you, Lex, but it seem that we'll never find out," Clark cut him off and got to eat.

This week was very hard for Chloe. She hadn't seen Lex even once. It wasn't that they started having problems in the very beginning of their relationship, they just simply had no time to meet.

She had school – couple of exams this week – and work in the Torch and Lex was working very hard. He wanted to have his own companyso he needed to save some money for that, not to mention if he wanted to be serious with Chloe… he had to have money for the possible life they could have together.

And then it was the day when Chloe turned eighteen.

Lex texted her that he wanted her to be free and alone in her room in the evening and that was it. She suspected that he was preparing something special but she hated the fact that they would see each other so late.

Her friend made her day after all, they were so sweet and supportive as they only could be.

"I'm sorry… I really do have to go now." She tried to get out of the party they'd prepared for her. "Really! It's late!"

"It's your birthday!" Lana denied. "Come on! You can't spend it in your room all alone! It's barely eight!"

"Ok, Lana…" Chloe smiled. "I guess you don't know… oh, this is embarrassing…" she realized just now that she hadn't told anybody about her and Lex and obviously Clark hadn't too. She could understand his reasons, people sometimes could be very mean and jealous, the news could spread and soon somebody could get Lex into unnecessary trouble.

"Don't know what exactly? Chloe… do you have some secret admirer?"

"Close…" It was Clark coming toward them. "Lex Luthor and now…" he looked at his watch, "Chloe is extremely late for her date."

"Lex?" Lana was really surprised. "Wow… I guess… then I have to let you go." She hugged her one more time. "Happy birthday Chloe and… I'm glad that you found somebody." She winked at her.

Chloe remember how hard had it been for her to stay friends with Lana while she'd been having this crush on Clark.

Now it became so easy!

"Thanks." She disappeared quickly.

"Lex?" she entered her room. "Lex… are you here?" Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest that she had the impression that everybody could hear it.

What if it had been just one night stand? What if he hadn't been busy this week at all? What if he had just wanted to avoid…

"Chloe…" she finally heard him.

He was there! She wanted to scream with joy. Now, she could really celebrate her birthday.

He turned the lights on showing her the dinner that was on the table. Just like in a restaurant.

"Wow…" she looked at it, but then she looked at Lex and closed the door behind her.

She got to him and jumped into his arms making him loss his balance and they fell onto the bed, kissing.

"Happy birthday," he breathed into her mouth.

"Couldn't be happier." She smiled.

"Dinner?"

"Can wait…" She reached to his pants. "I missed you so much..."

"I missed you too..."

"So let's skip the fore play tonight..."

"As you, miss Sullivan, wish." He pulled her dress up and got inside of her.

"Oh, yes, just like that..."

"You know… Kents are in Metropolis today," Lex said the next morning.

"And?" she asked him.

"And… I think we may spend some time in my room for a change…"

"Great idea."

They wanted to spend the weekend together but couldn't afford getting out of the city just yet so they went to the Talon for breakfast and then for a very long walk finally reaching the farm.

"Hungry?" Lex asked looking into the fridge.

"Yeah…" She was watching him preparing the dinner with surprise in her eyes.

"What?" he asked noticing her look.

"Nothing, just… what a change… you'd probably never prepared food with your own hands before you came here, am I right?"

"Positive," he confirmed while smiling.

"I admire you, you know."

"For what?"

"For not breaking, you just did the best you could and look at you now. You're wonderful."

"At least now it's easier not to be my father."

"If losing everything is the prize you had to pay, it was worth it," she said getting up and coming closer to put her arms on his shoulders. "I'm proud of you and I'm standing by your side no matter what."

He turned to her.

"Do you realize that you are the most precious thing I have right now?" he asked her while caressing her face with his hand.

"No," she gasped, she couldn't take her eyes off him. "Really?"

"Oh, yes… Chloe…" He took her face in his hands. "I want you to know… I love you… and I never told it to anyone with such an honesty before."

Tears got to her eyes but she wasn't ashamed of them.

"I love you too, Lex Luthor," she said and kissed him in the light of the sunset coming from the window.

Then, something started illuminating.

"What is it?" She stopped kissing him and looked around. "Where is this light coming from?"

"It's weird." He almost covered his eyes with his hand. "Look…" He pointed the storm cellar. "I'll go check it up…"

"No…" She stopped him taking his hand. "It may be dangerous…"

"I'll be fine…"

"Lex…" She stopped him again with warning voice when he got to the door.

"Yes?" He turned.

"This is exactly the same light I saw in the hospital after… after you…" she didn't finish, "and then you came back to me."

"Interesting."

Lex got out of the house and started coming closer to the cellar.

"Chloe, I told you to stay home!" he yelled when he noticed her following him.

"You're talking to a inborn reporter!" she answered back and if it wasn't for the situation he would laugh.

He gave up and finally reached the door to the cellar.

He slowly started going down the stairs while keep covering his face from the blinding light.

"Be careful," he added when Chloe also started descending, he made sure she was protected by his body.

"What the…" he stopped, his hand dropped.

He looked at his companion, she was speechless.

"What the hell is that?" he asked her looking back at… something that looked like…

"Space ship?" She raised her eyebrows and made a step closer.

"Chloe!" he stopped her. "It can be dangerous."

"Hell… where's my camera…"

Suddenly, they felt rush of air and… Clark just appeared in the cellar… the ship stopped illuminating.

Then, Clark turned to them, rage painted on his face.

"What are you doing down here?" he yelled at them.

"I would like to know what are you doing hiding something like that in here?" Lex answered back.

"Is that what you were hiding from us for so long?" Chloe suddenly put two and two together. Her eloquence and brightness as a young journalists were exquisite, Lex thought realizing that simple fact.

"The day you saved me on that bridge," he started. "I knew there was no way that you could survive it… and week ago… in hospital… it saved us all, didn't it?"

"You don't understand!" Clark started. "I couldn't just tell everyone!"

"Who says anything about everyone?" Chloe burst. "I thought we were your friends, Clark! Have you told Lana?"

"No... but…"

"How can you expect to build a relationship with her? To build a friendship with us? Based on a lie?"

"Because I knew that is exactly what would happen! You…" he pointed his finger at Lex," you would conduct experiments on me! And you… you would write a story about me!"

"Really?" Chloe asked with tears in her eyes. "You think of me… that low? That hurt, Clark. I would never do that!"

"And you still think about me as nothing more than my father, do you?" Lex was hurt too. "I'm sorry, Clark… I'm tired of this fake friendship… tired of trying to fix it!" He turned round. "Chloe?"

She hesitated.

"I'm getting out of this farm. I hope you'll tell your parents how grateful I was for their hospitality." Those words were certainly directed to Clark.

"Lex…" Chloe was trying to calm him down.

"Chloe… you just told me that you loved me, if you do… come with me…" His eyes pleading her.

"I…" she looked at Clark. She was between her friend and lover, it was always hard to choose.

"Clark, I understand," she finally spoke to him causing Lex more pain. "I do… you were just protecting yourself."

"Chloe, I wanted to tell... so badly… but you have no idea what kind of a burden it is… you would be in danger… you would have to lie for me… you…"

"I understand," she repeated.

"Chloe, I love you." Lex didn't give up. "Come with me, I cannot promise you that we will be rich, but I can promise you that you will be happy."

"That was exactly what my dad once said to my mum," Clark noticed.

"What do you choose? Friendship or love?" Lex's voice finally faltered. "Chloe, I want you to come with me and marry me."

"What?" She knew what she would do even without him begging her, but that statement, that proposal surprised her.

"You should go, as much as I care about you, it's better to have somebody who cares to be touch that way, it's better to have love than friendship," Clark said with emotions in his voice.

"I know." She smiled to him. "I don't need you to tell me that... I knew what I was going to do the very moment you appeared in my life, Lex." She turned to the bald ex-billionaire. "Let's go…" She finally took his hand and let him usher her out of the cellar.

cbrunberg
15th January 2012, 22:12
love it/glad chloe chose lex

leeleeginevra
16th January 2012, 04:56
Interested to see where this goes. Are you continuing it?

TrinityR
18th January 2012, 21:45
CHAPTER 8 REUNION

Ten years later…

"I still cannot believe it," Lex sighed looking at the Christmas tree. "Ten years… "

"I know… we've been gone for so long…" Chloe sighed wistfully. "But it was a good time, wasn't it?" She glanced at him.

"Oh yeah..." He looked at the six-year old boy that was running near them and then he put his hand on Chloe's swollen belly.

"Such a shame that we came back because of this dreadful news…" Chloe said. "So, which Christmas tree should we pick?"

"Chloe?" The smile faded away from her face when she heard that voice.

She expected that eventually, Lex did to.

They had to face Kents since they still lived here.

"Clark..." she almost whispered while turning around.

He was there, with Lana.

"I didn't know you were staying in town," he said and came closer. "Lex…" he hesitated. He wasn't sure if they were ok.

Lex looked at his wife, then at his child and finally he sighed.

"Hey, Clar." He shook the hand that was offered to him.

"How long is it already?" Lana asked.

"Ten years," Chloe answered.

"Ten years… so… can we… let the past stay in the past?" Clark asked not sure of the Luthors' reaction.

Chloe looked at Lex once again.

"Ok. Ok. I know how much you missed them, honey, we can… try…" he emphasized the word, "to be ok again."

"So, you have a kid," Lana noticed.

"Yeah… Alex? Come here!... Yes, this is Alex and Alex… these are very good old friends of your mummy and daddy."

The boy smiled to Kents saying them 'hello'.

"He's so sweet," Lana gasped.

"And the second one is on its way," Chloe added happily.

"Congratulations!"

"So, Lex… I heard you were back in town but I guess… I didn't have enough courage to face you. I figured you might not want to see me," Clark started. "And I'm sorry for what happened."

"It's ok, Clark," Lex told him. "You don't even know half of it."

"Really? Lucas was killed by some gangsters that he owed money to and you came for the funeral. I'm very sorry about him... and you father."

"Yes, he followed his younger son very soon but… you know why?"

"Suicide."

"Yes, but do you know why he killed himself?"

"I don't want to pry."

"So listen…"

"I came back here for Lucas, dad, not for you. I just want to know one thing. Can you answer my question?"

"What question, Lex?"

"Why? Why did you turn your back on me? Why did you leave me in that hospital to die when I got sick? Why? The truth. That is all I'm asking for."

Lionel sighed but answered eventually:

"Because you killed Julian and I couldn't forgive you for that. I couldn't love you… you were my only heir so I had to let you stay in the family… then, Lucas appeared and you finally became expendable."

"I didn't kill Julian," Lex found himself saying, tears in his eyes. "Mum did."

"What are you talking about?" Shock ran through Lionel's face but he soon managed to restrain himself. "I…"

"She killed him. She didn't want another child but you forced her anyway. What kind of a father were you that she thought that killing her new born baby would be better than letting you raise him? I covered for her because I knew you wouldn't do anything to me. I was, indeed, your only heir back there."

This time Lionel couldn't hide the emotions on his face. He could tell that Lex was honest.

Lex just left him there and walked away.

"Am I responsible for his suicide?" Lex asked himself.

"You don't, honey." Chloe rubbed his arms. "Lionel only kept hurting people. You didn't do anything wrong. He just couldn't live with himself anymore."

"And now I got the LuthorCorp back," Lex continued.

"Eh," got out of Chloe's mouth. "We don't need it! Lex's company's making a lot of profit by itself!"

"I'm planning on making a fusion. We'll see how it'll work out," Lex finished.

"Lex, I am really sorry… for what is worth… for everything."

"I know, Clark. I just wish you could be honest with me earlier," Lex sighed, "but… I'm done with dwelling upon the past. I have a wonderful loving wife and a family now."

"Would you want some friends too?" Lana smiled. "I would like to have you two back in my life. Clark, don't you?"

"Sure… if only you can forgive me…"

"You know what, Clark?" Lex suddenly said. "My father would have to ask me for forgiveness, you don't have to."

"It means a lot."

the end

cbrunberg
23rd January 2012, 00:47
love the ending.glad that lionel finally found out who really killed julian.and that they all became friens againn

malugargula
2nd October 2012, 04:54
Great sweet fic :) Loved it

cassia
3rd October 2012, 02:48
just from watching the video {awesome idea to have a video by the way} i saved this to read when i have some time to myself.

TrinityR
3rd October 2012, 17:06
Great sweet fic :) Loved it

Thank you!

just from watching the video {awesome idea to have a video by the way} i saved this to read when i have some time to myself.

Thanks!! I love making videos to my stories and almost every single one has it:) (though my best ones are for non-Chlex fics)

THANK YOU ALL, it really means a lot!

qazwsx
28th October 2012, 02:52
Excellent work ;)

Ami Rose
27th December 2012, 23:47
Awwww that was so sweet, loved it! Love your work!!!!!

TrinityR
28th December 2012, 00:03
Awwww that was so sweet, loved it! Love your work!!!!!

And I am so so happy that you do!!:)

malugargula
28th December 2012, 04:23
I read this fic some time ago but I didn't know was yours. It was great to read it again.
It's really good