PDA

View Full Version : A little treat from Becky

Julie
24th December 2011, 23:50
Hi guys!

Again, so sorry there was no Advent Calendar this year, I can't express how sorry I am, as I know this is something everyone looks forward to every year, including myself!

But here's a little treat from Becky, so be sure to check it out and let her know either here or on Youtube (or both ;)) what you think of it, she worked long and hard on it! :)

So, happy holidays everyone, I hope you are having a good time with your loved ones!

Here's Becky's message:

You can choose the different 3D options from the player - folks just click on 3D. The video is designed to be 3D without needing glasses, so I recommend either the side-by-side mode (full width) or the cross-eyed mode if you can't get that to work.

If anyone has 3D glasses, you can select various colours from the 3D menu.

To watch 3D without glasses, sit directly in front of the screen, and slightly cross your eyes until you see three images lined up on screen - focus on the middle image and that will be in 3D. It takes a little practice, but is very addictive
https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/images/blank.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-R6Zl2Rvp0

How awesome was that?? Our very own verbal judo scene in 3D!! :D

reyeslu
25th December 2011, 00:45
Becky!

Thank you! I am trying to master the cross-eyed technique, but if not whenever I get home from in-laws I can slip on my glasses.

So cool!

Zannie
25th December 2011, 13:08
That was so cool! Thanks so much, Becky! I don't have glasses, so I tried the cross-eyed thing. I don't quite have the knack of it, but I managed to catch it a little.

Thanks for working on that, Becky - you're amazing! Merry Christmas!

becky
25th December 2011, 23:13
It does take a bit of practice to see 3D and then hold onto it, but a little practice and you can get it almost instantly and then watch a whole clip in it :-)

If anyone is struggling, pause the video at 0:34 when chloe is in front of the fire and switch to full screen - it's easier to adjust your eyes with a large, still image. When you start to see the third image in the middle as you cross your eyes, focus on the fire - the grill will jump out in front of it, and chloe will appear even closer to the camera.

This is all a little experimental, so please let me know what you think!! Who knows, I might even do a few more chlex scenes if you like it...

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas.

x

daria_103
27th December 2011, 16:41
That was really cool, it must have taken loads of work to do. Thank you, it was a lovely Christmas treat :)

becky
27th December 2011, 17:37
Thanks!! The first couple of shots took ages but I got quicker as I went along :-) knowing that people are watching and enjoying it (and getting it to work) makes it worthwhile though :-)

x

Saulzy
21st January 2012, 19:17
awesome! thanks!

hfce
21st January 2012, 20:46
I tired crossing my eyes until I got dizzy. I didn't see it. :p

queencordy44
29th January 2012, 22:21
That was great. And I even got to watch some of Tiredeye's oldies but goodies.

ermelindis
22nd February 2012, 09:59
Thanks, this a really good. It worked perfectly with the glasses.

kg99
12th March 2012, 04:36
That was great. Thank you

Dema69
13th March 2012, 20:03
Oh, Thankyou Becky! It gave me a use for my 3D glasses from that movie preview.

red_lady
21st March 2012, 02:32
This is awesome, thanks.

Fouzia
7th April 2012, 09:48
thank you

itsjustXchar
8th April 2012, 08:04
It worked for me! Lovely!

claire200
11th April 2012, 20:43
hii