PDA

View Full Version : Sinful & Forbidden - NC17/ completed: 17.01.12

TrinityR
3rd December 2011, 19:43
Title: SINFUL & FORBIDDEN
Short summary: "Oliver died during the Apocalypse leaving Chloe with millions... now she is a multi-mulionnaire, but she isn't happy. Her cousin, Lois is engaged to her best friend, Clark, what makes Chloe feeling uncomfortable beacuse she has no clue what to do with her life... Then, she encountes Lex Luthor who suprisingly doesn't remember her or anything else for that matter. That is a good news... when Clark told her that Lex was alive... she was scared... she was scared that her long hidden secret would finally be revealed... a secret involving Lex himself.
Now, she can help Lex and Clark doesn't have to know... and what is most important - NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW THEIR SECRET."

So, here I'm starting a new story. I didn't think I would write the first chapter so quickly but I was bored and then got inspired and... that how it started:)

OPENING CREDITS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e_k5suQYLQ&feature=plcp

If you liked my story (Don't)-Follow-Your-Heart about Chlex you will definitely like that one too!

CHAPTER 1 LIFE & DEATH

PROLOG:

"That was the day the boy turned into Superman…" I finish reading to my son.

"Wow…" he gasps in excitement.

I smile, close the comic book and kiss him in the head.

"Read again, please!" he asks me with his sweet childish voice.

I smile again and get up.

"There will always be more adventures for another day," I say to him and brush his cheek.

He falls asleep almost immediately and I walk out of the room turning the lights off… last glance at my son… last glace at the room… I see a bunch of arrows in the corner what makes me think about him… how long is it already? How long since he died?

I shake my head. I don't want to think about this now, not when I'm finally happy, I have a family…

I close the door and go to my bedroom.

"So… where were we…?" I ask and smile again…

The door opened and somebody walked inside.
I knew exactly who that was. I didn't need to see her face, I was sure… Who else could be looking for me here and, especially, now?
"Something told me that I'd find you here," I heard her voice and my lips twitched, I almost laughed.
"I combed the lab and I saw what happened."
"Long time, sis," I finally spoke turning my chair around to face her.
I got up and got closer to her…
Then… after another couple of minutes of talking and 'reconciling' I stabbed her.
I had to.
"You know I'm actually saving you," I told her when I caught her when she was collapsing.
"From what?" she asked me still couldn't understand.
"From turning into me," I simply answered.
"It's too late… Clark already did that," she said putting her hand to my cheek.
Wait… what was it? Something cold… slippery… some…
I touched my cheek and there it was… on my hand… some gunge.
I looked at my dying sister, puzzled.
"It's the neurotoxin that you started at Sommerholt… it penetrates…" she started explaining but then I remembered.
"…dermal issue," I finished after her and felt dreadful fear running through me.
"Paralyzing all cognitive reception," Tess added.
"How long?" I asked her.
"30 seconds."
"What will I remember?"
"Nothing."
It dropped on me like a brick, like a death sentence.
I would remember nothing? Nothing at all? No… wait…
Too late…

Where were they? Where the hell were they?

I felt like I was going mad…

"Chloe… don't worry. He will save us," Emil was trying to calm me down.

"Something's wrong…" I said getting to my computer in the WatchTower to check the range to the fire planet one more time. "Something's really wrong… he should've done it by now… and Oliver still haven't checked in…"

"I'm sure they…"

"STOP!" I suddenly burst surprising even myself. I turned back to look at him. "Just… stop…" I repeated quietly this time. "You're not helping when you just keep trying to make me feel better… it's a waste of time… you better get to the other computer and check if Oliver…"

My phone rang.

"Oh! Thank God!" I answered it right away. "Clark?"

"Chloe… I have… there are… complications…" he sighed heavily.

"What do you mean there are complications? That planet is still heading toward the Earth and you're the only one who can stop it!" I was yelling again.

"Chloe… calm down… I just want to say… I met… well… Lex."

"LEX?" That was surprising. "But he… you mean you met another clone?" I corrected him.

"No… I mean I met the real Lex. His father sold his own soul to bring him back… I just defeated him but… I still have to make this planet go away…"

"Ok… Ok…" I needed to adjust myself to that news. "Ok… so… what are you waiting for? Go and save us, Clark!"

"I'm on my way… I just wanted to… have you heard from Tess yet? Or Oliver?"

"No… and that worries me…"

"I'll look for them when I'm done… I guess… see you…"

"Clark…?"

"Yes?"

"Be careful."

"I will."

I hang up.

Fuck! It wasn't enough that Tess and Oliver didn't check in like they were supposed to or that Clark had to deal with Lex's clones, his father who'd come back from another dimension… or with the bad Luthor version of himself… no… it wasn't enough… something even worse just happened.

Lex was back.

Was it real? Maybe it was some really good copy?

But when Clark says he's real, he is, I thought and sighed.

Some memory just passed before my eyes. I really wanted to forget it but I couldn't. I just couldn't… all the effort I'd made... it was all for nothing…

I could still remember the first lie considering THIS…

I'd been talking to Lana. She'd been afraid of going to bed with her new boyfriend and it had been her very first time…

And I'd said that I'd done it already before I'd even managed to bit my tongue.

Then I'd lied and told her it'd been Jimmy…

I'd met Jimmy that summer but we'd never had sex then. I'd been just one of those girl who'd been so ashamed that they'd still been a virgin… I know… stupid but… when you were a teenager it seemed like a very important thing and a good reason to be ashamed of.

I had to wait a whole another year to finally do this and…

Shit! I couldn't think about that! What had I been thinking anyway? Stupid! Stupid teenager girl who'd needed comfort because she'd been all alone then… or… I was just justifying it by telling it'd been simply seeking for comfort. I knew it hadn't.

The whole time after telling Lana that lie and even after THAT night I'd done everything to keep it a secret and succeeded.

Now, it could all go to waste.

"Look!" Emil pointed the screen interrupting my thoughts and thank him for that!

I came back to my computer and smiled.

"He did it, Emil, he did it!" I yelled happily.

The fire planet was retreating fast…

"Look…" I said pointing at some dot on the screen. "We have to make it bigger… Oh my God! It's Clark! He's flying! He's wearing his cape!" I was so proud of him in that moment.

He finally did it. He finally became… Superman.

A moment of pure happiness and then a moment of despair once again…

Where were Oliver and Tess?

"Chloe!" Clark suddenly burst through the door. "Chloe…"

I turned round from the computer to face him – I was still looking for those two missing – and…

The look on his face.

He didn't look like he'd just saved the world. He should be happy, maybe even ecstatic about this, but no…

"Clark… what happened?" I asked carefully, not knowing if I wanted to find out.

"Chloe… there's something… I… I need to tell you something…" he started and stopped.

"Oh no…" I knew. I already knew. He didn't have to say anything else. "No… tell me that is… no!"

"Chloe…" He got closer. "I'm so sorry… I found him… it was too late… I…"

"NO!" I screamed and when he finally was there to hug me I moved back. "NO!" I turned round to look at the stained-glass window… it reminded me of Jimmy… Jimmy who'd died before we'd even started our lives together and now… all the same… all over again...

"Chloe… I'm so sorry…" Clark sped to me and I had no place to run from him anymore.

He put his arms around me.

"I'm so sorry… If I could…"

"No…" I shivered so he put me even closer to his chest brushing my head with his hand. "There was nothing you could've done… you're not a…" Suddenly, I stopped. I stopped because he was. He was a superman but even…

"…even supermen can't be in two places at once… maybe even three… Tess?" I sobbed.

"I'm sorry… I found her body in LuthorCorp…"

"Where exactly?"

"Lex's office…" Clark sighed deeply.

I wanted it to stop. I wished Clark hadn't saved us. I knew it was a dreadful thing to ask for but… I wished that.

I wanted to be dead. I had no one to live for anymore. Clark had Lois, he didn't need me anymore… I'd had Oliver but he…

I cried…

I'm putting flowers on his coffin...

I did it once already… Why do I have to go through with this again? WHY?

I hear his will…

His attorney reads it…

I've got it all because I was his wife… I'm a multi-millionaire now… I even own LuthorCorp because Oliver had bought it once…

But I don't care. I don't want it. I don't want any of this.

All I want is to just come back to Smallville, cower in bed in my old room in the Talon's attic.

I want to stay there forever. I want to come back to those happy days in Smallville when my only concern was the Torch and Clark who hadn't been noticing me the way I would like him to.

I want to come back to the times before we'd even heard about the meteor freaks or Lex Luthor.

It was perfect.

Innocent.

We were kids… or young teenagers and we were so happy…

Pete was there… Clark was always so clumsy when Lana was around and I… I was just… me…

I liked that girl more.

That girl would've never done such thing like I'd done…

lexie
4th December 2011, 00:18
This is an interesting beginning.

I'm not a fan of SV's clone!Lex storyline. And the whole memory-wiping was preposterous, but I'll wait and see where you're taking this.

hfce
4th December 2011, 04:35
Interesting start. :)

Fouzia
4th December 2011, 10:04
Cant' wait to read more^^

TrinityR
4th December 2011, 12:00
I'm not a fan of SV's clone!Lex storyline. And the whole memory-wiping was preposterous, but I'll wait and see where you're taking this.
Thank you for your comments and I just wanted to say that the Lex I'm writing about it's not Lex's clone. I like to believe in the theory that the body - yes, it comes from clones - but the Lex that is INSIDE of that body IS real Lex. Why? I think that when Lionel made a deal with Darkseid, the Darkseid brought back the whole essence of Lex and put it into this body.
I'm not familiar with any comic book and movies but I like to understand it that way.

starmoon
5th December 2011, 03:46
very interesting start i can't wait for more please update soon.

cbrunberg
5th December 2011, 04:20
i like you started both chloe and lex where the series end with chloe reading to her son and lex forgetting everything.so i cant wait to see where you go from there

tatie87
5th December 2011, 05:13
A very intersting start to a story. It has Chloe involved in some was or another with Oliver, Clark, and Lex. Can't wait to read more of this story!

TrinityR
6th December 2011, 18:13
Oh My God! Have you heard the newest rumor?! Probably, there will be a Smallville continuation - A Comic Book Season 11! They're thinking about making it after the success of Buffy The Vampire Slayer Comics (by the way - I loved Buffy and I'm reading it).
If it will be good I will definitely read Smallville too.
In my profile I included the link to my blog where I put the links to all of my stories and I will be also giving you some news like... this one about comic today!
And I can paste it here too: http://trinity023.blogspot.com/

Coming back to my story. I was working really hard and I wrote a really long chapter - well, longer than any chapter I've written before, so I hope you will appreciate my effort. I'm doing my best to make this story good and I don't want to rush myself with the plot, let it be descriptive.

CHAPTER 2 RUINS WE LEFT BEHIND...

"Chloe… I know you're in there… please, open up!" Clark had been banging on the door for a couple of minutes now. "Chloe… please… I know you need a friend right now…"

No, I didn't. I just wanted to be alone.

I just wanted to cower on my sofa and sank into despair.

What else did I have left? Nothing.

"Chloe!"

God, he was so damn persistent! I took a pillow from under my head and put it to my ears.

Suddenly, the knocking stopped. Did he go away? I hoped so… I really didn't…

Then, I heard some strange noise and Clark was standing right by me. He took the pillow from me and squatted by the sofa, watching my face closely.

"You look awful," he said sadly.

"Well… thank you," I answered sarcastically and pulled the pillow from him putting it back under my head. "How did you get in here, anyway?" I asked. "I thought I closed the door…"

"Well… I…"

"Clark…" What had he done this time? What was this strange rumble?

I raised myself up and look at the hall… he'd taken the door out of its hinges!

"Clark!"

"Stop repeating my name. I'll fix it, don't worry…" he came over to the door and put it back in place with no effort. "See? Done! Now…"

"Now, you have to go," I said honestly.

"Why?" he turned to me and started studying my face.

"Don't look at me like that!"

"Chloe… We need you and I'm pretty sure that you need us too."

"For what? Can't you handle WatchTower without Tess or Ollie around?" I sighed and got to the kitchen to bring myself a cup of coffee. "Coffee?" I sighed again. I really wanted him to just go away.

"Yeah, thanks… I was just saying…" he followed me to the kitchen, "I wanted to say that you should hang out with us a little… it'll make you feel better. You just keep sitting in Oliver's old apartment and…"

"…I needed to be alone. You can't expect me to just… start working again!"

"Don't you want to clear this world out of villains?" Clark asked. "It's what you did after Jimmy… I'm sorry for bringing that up but I really think you could do something to…"

"Clark… I'm done." I put the coffee pot down with a tap and faced him again. Determination painted in my eyes. "I decided to… leave."

"Leave?" Clark furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean? Are you leaving us?"

"Not permanently… I just need some time alone. I can't do this anymore… you know… stay in the WatchTower like some old... hermit who… lost all the contact with reality… I made that mistake once and I don't want to do it again. I just… I'll go for a while and I don't want you or anybody else to look for me."

"But… we… we need you, Chloe. I need you."

"Haven't you noticed yet?" I asked him raising my eyebrows in surprise. "You don't. You have Lois. That's enough."

"But…"

"She saw me working in the Tower, she saw Tess… she'll do great. You'll see. I'll come back when I feel better."

"Where are you going?"

"Smallville…" I answered with strange nostalgia in my voice.

"Smallville?" he repeated in surprise. "Really?"

"Yes. Really."

"But… this town is like a ghost town now. My parents are gone… there's no Pete… no Lana… even no Luthors!"

"That's fine, Clark. "

"You know that you can't hide there forever."

"Sure."

"Will you keep yourself save?"

"After everything we've been through… sure, I know how to fight and how to take care of myself. I'm good at it and… I can always call you and you'll be there in a second."

"Yeah… well… since I can fly, I will," he smiled. "Yeah, you're right, I haven't thought about it before but you actually can take care of yourself. You did a pretty good job that summer when we all thought you were death… when Lex kept you alive."

"You see, I wasn't completely alone…" I said carefully, watching his face closely. What if he… No, impossible. "Any sign of him, by the way?" I asked turning back to my coffee pot and finally pouring the liquid into two cups.

"No… no sign… I wonder where the hell he is, with the mansion being destroyed… it's not like him, you know."

"Yes… have you come back there later?"

"To the mansion?"

"Yes."

"I did. Nothing. It's an old wreck."

"I'm sure he'll show up again, just wait. You know the Luthors."

"Yeah… Do you need a ride?"

"A ride?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yeah… you know… you want to come back to Smallville so, maybe you would like me to take you there? It'll save you a lot of trouble and time."

"That would be great, thanks." I almost smiled. Almost, because my heart still ached. "I wonder how is it… you know, to fly."

"You'll find out…"

"I just want to show you something," Clark told while taking me in his arms.

He flew up and I twitched because of the sudden strange and rather unpleasant feeling in my stomach.

Soon, I noticed that we weren't actually flying toward Smallville… we were going up and up…

"Clark?" I finally dared to say something. "Ok, first you insisted to take me to Smallville during night time and now… what, the hell, are you doing? I don't understand! It's… so high!" I looked down and could barely see the ground from here. It was dark. We were so high… I shivered and caught his neck even harder.

"Good that you can't hurt me while strangling me like that," he said grinning like an idiot.

"It's not funny! What, the hell, are you doing?"

"I wanted to show you something… can you… close your eyes for a second?"

"And not be able to control you? Where will I find myself in a minute? On the Moon?"

"You can't control me with your eyes open either. Chloe… would I ever hurt you?"

"No…" I admitted biting my lower lip and looking back into his eye.

"Exactly."

I sighed in exasperation and did what he'd asked me for.

"Ok, you may open them now," he told me after couple of another scary seconds that seemed like hours.

I carefully opened my one eye.

I gasped…

I was safe and even if he let me go he would catch me before I would even notice I was falling…

"It's your home, Chloe. The Earth. Look."

We were floating so high above the Earth that I could see it clearly. So round, so blue and green, so beautiful…

"Thank you," I suddenly said to him looking back at his face. "Really… thank you, it's so… wonderful."

"Yes, it is. I wanted to show it to you…"

"So… how did you overcome your fear of flying?" I asked him teasingly.

"I figured… If I can't get hurt… and if I'm able to do something so much amazing like… well… flying… what's the point in fear?"

"That's my boy." Then, it struck me.

"What happened?" he asked me noticing the change.

"I just… you just… made me smile. It was a real smile, Clark. Thank you. There's still hope for me."

"Of course, there is, Chloe. I would never give up on you, you know that."

"Sure…" I blinked a couple of times to make the tears go away.

"Are you crying again?" He was so caring, sometimes even too caring. "Are you crying because you're hurt or just because it's so beautiful?"

"I… I don't cry. I just… have something in my eye."

"In the space? There's no wind here," he giggled again.

"The stars are so magnificent…" I changed the theme quickly. "Look… you came from one of them…"

"Krypton's dead," he corrected with sudden sadness in his voice.

"Clark…" I turned my face back to his. "Stars that we see are dead. It's the light which comes to us through millions of light years and… the light from Krypton must be somewhere there."

"Yeah… you right… I wish I could've seen it in the days of its splendor."

"I'm getting a little cold and your cape doesn't make any difference…" I noticed after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Oh, yeah… that's right… you can feel the cold… I forgot…"

"You know what? Get out! You stopped acting like a human," I joked.

"Hah hah hah."

We flew down… too fast…

"CLAAAAAARRRRKKKKKK!" I was sure that I tore my throat.

"Relax…"

"Just… slower!"

After another couple of minutes we landed in Smallville in the middle of the corn field.

"That's a great place to land…" I noticed sarcastically.

"Sorry… I needed to make sure that people wouldn't see me… beside… do you know that I landed here? Right here, actually?" He pointed the exact spot.

"No, you never showed me that… Clark?" I turned round but he was already gone. I sighed. Always the same with… "Oh, there you are." He came back very quickly. With my bags.

"I had to bring it too," he told me. "Ok, where are you staying?"

"In the attic… Talon…"

"You really are going back, aren't you? Who's running that place now?"

"Lana's aunt."

"So, it still runs in the family…"

"Yeah, didn't I tell you this? Oliver…" I stopped when sudden and sharp pain interrupted me.

"Sorry…"

"No, it's fine. I just wanted to say… Lex owned it and then Tess… after him… Oliver bought the LuthorCorp along with the Talon because it meant a lot to me…"

"Really? You two weren't together back there, were you?"

"No, but we were friends and friends care about themselves, don't they?" I winked at him but, then again… it hurt. "Oliver didn't have time for such a small business so, I asked him to give it to Lana's aunt. She was actually pretty glad to get this building back."

"I'm sure she was… but… I don't know if preserving the past is such a good idea. Sometimes you just have to let it go. Like… like the farm. Selling it was one of the hardest things I've ever done… but… it was a good decision…"

Clark got back to Metropolis so I walked into my old apartment…

It was like nothing had changed… it was pretty dusty but I could clear it up and make myself a decent place to live in… for some period of time.

I didn't know how long I would stay there but I wasn't in any hurry. I needed this.

I got to the window and looked down on the familiar street. Now, it was empty because it was the middle of the night but it brought back so many memories…

I could see the hospital in the distance… I stopped counting how many times I'd been lying there after… like five times? I smiled but it was a nostalgic smile with tears in my eyes.

I unpacked my PJ's and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Later, I just hit the sack. I didn't have any strength for anything else…

When I woke up in the morning and had breakfast and a cup of coffee in the Talon I went for a walk.

I needed to see everything once again. Needed to refresh my memory.

My first stop was the school… I only saw it from the distance, I didn't want to come inside, somebody in the Torch – and that would be the first place I would go to, I was sure of it – could figure out who I was.

After all, I was the Torch's legend and… still couldn't believe it – the Prom Queen.

I slowly walked through a meadow to Kent's farm… It hadn't changed from the outside but inside… I was sure that some other people were already living in there, I saw a car…

Another family, hopefully a happy family with great memories connected to the place that had been so full of love once…

Then… Then, I thought about the Luthor Manor. Of course, no one had been living there anymore, it were just ruins but after all…

When I found myself looking at it I remembered Lex…

He'd been so good back then… when we'd all met. So passionate… he'd wanted to be better than his father so badly… such a shame that he'd lost that battle… he'd become him by eventually killing him… How that had happened? Had it been because Clark had abandoned him? Or had it been because of genes and blood relation? Well… I would never know… Had Lex and Clark ever had a real friendship? There'd been lying to each other, but again… Clark had been lying to me for so many years and I still could understand his reasons…

I shook my head and shoved my hands into my pockets.

Not this time… it'd all happened in some other era… in the era when Clark hadn't even dreamed of becoming Superman. Who would've thought?

Then, I remembered when he'd first started to getting to know his destiny… the Kawatche Cave…

I remembered when Lex had taken me there by force… The day the second meteor shower had hit… then… after so long of trying to forget of what had happened one day… it'd happened again…

I'd hated myself after that, I'd repressed that memory like I'd repressed the first one…

…and now he was alive once again… would he finally use that knowledge against Clark? Had I made the right decision of never telling it to Clark or Lois or even Ollie?

I inhaled deeply and found myself going to the cave.

This memory was stuck in my head, I'd done so much to forget it… now, I needed to remember…

I entered the cave and looked at this one particular wall. I could almost feel it like it was yesterday. I'd been pushed on it, my back painfully rubbing against it, but I hadn't cared…

Suddenly, something moved startling me.

"Who's there?" I turned and made a few steps further in.

I should probably just run away, it could be something dangerous but I didn't really care. My life had no sense in the moment anyway.

"Who is it?" I asked again piercing the darkness while trying to see something.

Then, I heard somebody coming toward me… They were stumbling…

And I saw his face.

"LEX?" I asked in total bewilderment.

(well… probably some of you - readers who are interesting in science would say… no way she could breathe up there, no way she could no frozen to death but… it's s story and how many times in movies Superman took Lois up there? It's S-fi and we all know that such things don't happen in a real life, right? Even Superman doesn't exist: P)

TrinityR
10th December 2011, 11:31
CHAPTER 3 FEELINGS BURIED DEEP INSIDE

"LEX?" I asked shocked.

What the hell was he doing here? He'd already known the Cave's secret, he knew everything. Why would he come back?

Why did you? Something told me… Was he reminiscing over his past too? But it was so unlike him, he was the man of action, not nostalgic type.

I made another step toward him.

He looked terrible. His suit was in shreds and was dirty but the worst was the look on his face.

He resembled a lunatic. A completely crazy person who'd escaped from some psychiatric hospital. His eyes were savage.

"Who are you?" He asked me focusing his gaze on my face.

"Chloe," I answered instinctively. Was I so meaningless to him that he didn't even remember me? I thought that I meant at least something.

"Who am I?" he asked his second question which was even weirder than the previous one.

"Don't play your games on me, Lex," I sighed and turned round to leave.

There was no point in playing this, no point in bringing up the past again. It all supposed to stay there, now it was the present, the reality. It didn't matter how hard it was for me, I had to live in the present.

"Why don't you help him?" I heard Lex's third question.

I turned around once again, perplexed.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows looking around. No, nobody beside us was there. What was he talking about? Or for that matter, who was he talking about? Or…

"Do you mean Clark? Lex… it's none of your business!" I raised my voice.

"Clark? I don't know who Clark is. I don't even know who I am… just tell me… why don't you help him?" He looked at the corner of the cave but there was nothing there.

"Help who?" I felt sudden fear. Lex wouldn't have never acted like that. Maybe something was really wrong… but Clark had told me nothing about that.

Maybe it wasn't Lex after all? Maybe he'd managed to fool Clark? Maybe the Darkseid hadn't brought Lex's true soul or essence back, maybe it'd been just another trick, a very successful clone… who was losing his memory now. It would fit the fact that other clones had been aging fast. Maybe this one wasn't aging, maybe he was just losing his mind like an old man would?

"This little boy," he spoke again looking back at me.

"Where?" What did I have to lose? Nothing. I needed to know what was wrong with him. Clark would certainly need that kind of information.

"There is no boy here, Lex," I said very carefully. "Just me and you."

"How can you not see him? He's right there! He's crying! He will suffocate!"

Wait… suffocate? A little boy?

"Do you mean… do you see… Julian?" I asked, still gentle with my tone of voice.

"Who's Julian?"

"Your little brother but… he is dead, Lex."

"I had a brother?" he looked at me puzzled. "Why won't he stop crying?" He put his hands to his head and winced.

Then, it happened.

I couldn't hide or deny it anymore. Lex was vulnerable, he didn't have any memories, I didn't know whether he was actually the real Lex or not but… I cared about him. Deep down… I always had. I could help him. He didn't look like a threat to Clark right now.

Or should I just leave him there?

No… I couldn't… the image of him down in that cave, mourning after his dead brother who'd appeared to him would haunt me to the rest of my life.

Oliver, my dead husband had killed Lex. He'd been the one who'd blown up the van so, I owed him that. I knew that when he'd lived… he'd always regretted taking another man's life. Even if that man had happened to be Lex Luthor.

"Lex…" I carefully came closer to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Lex… come with me…"

"Why am I bald?" He took his hands off his head and looked at me.

His eyes… watching them while I was so close to him… it made me shiver. There were so much alive, they were the same, exactly like I'd remembered…

"What is the last thing you remember?" I asked him hoarsely. "Please, focus."

"I… I woke up… but I was standing… in this office… in this tall building…"

"LuthorCorp," I told him.

"Maybe… I'm not sure… and… this woman… or her body… was lying on the ground."

"Tess Mercer?" I wanted to make sure. After all, Clark had found her in Lex's office but with no sign of Lex.

"I didn't know her. I just remember that she had red hair. She was approximately my age."

"Good… I know who that is…" I bit my lower lip doing my best to think hard. Tess had come to Lex and he'd killed her but she'd had to do something to him first that had made him forget… right? There was no other explanation. Well… there was, the body Lex was inside of could be defective… would Lionel made such a mistake? Would he made a defective body? I doubted that.

"Why are you wearing only one glove?" I asked him. I'd known before that something was odd but I'd been too busy with thinking to notice the actual glove. "Take it off…"

"No…" He suddenly backed out and we were standing in the distance again.

"It's ok… are you hurt?"

"No… I just… don't want you to look."

"Is there something wrong with your hand?"

"Everything's wrong. With me," he said and walked right pass me getting out of the cave.

"Wait!" I yelled after him. "You can't go there alone! You know nothing about this world… I guess…"

"The child went away," he told me when I got to him.

"Where?"

"I don't know, he's just… gone…" He looked into my eyes. "You're beautiful, you know?" he suddenly spoke to me.

I felt uncomfortable.

"So… you want to help me?" he asked when I didn't say anything.

"Yeah, I guess so… first I have to check something up…"

I looked around… where would I put him? I couldn't come back with him to the Talon, everybody would recognize him… eventually they would all know that he was alive but he wasn't in the right condition now…

Oliver's summer house, I thought. Perfect. It was empty. I could take Lex there and – what more – I could access anything I would want in the Internet, Oliver had made it all possible. I could check up Tess's autopsy report and find out if she'd had anything unusual or suspicious with her or on her. That was the plan.

Just one more thing...

"How did you get here?" I asked him a little surprised with myself that I hadn't done that earlier. "How did you know that you knew this cave?"

"I didn't. Something pushed me. I came back here… to this town… and… first I saw the ruins… then I went here."

"Ruins? You mean the mansion? That's getting interesting," I said.

It looked like it didn't matter that he had no memory, his feelings were still there, lost somewhere deep inside of him. They'd directed him here, back to Smallville.

"Ok… I'll arrange a transport for us…" I said pulling my phone out of my pocket.

And that was it? I thought. I thought I'd come to Smallville for a longer period of time, not for just one day.

Sometimes fate – or chance – worked in such an unpredictable way. It was obvious for me that I couldn't stay there with Lex by my side. I couldn't just go to the Talon with him and expect that no one would recognize him and a toupee was certainly out of the question.

I almost laughed when I thought about it. Lex in a toupee?

"Yes, Mrs Queen?" I finally heard my assistant's voice.

"I need a helicopter. Send it to Smallville, the closest you can get to the Kawatche Cave. I'm going to my summer residence and I'm bringing a guest with me."

"Of course, Mrs Queen."

"And… one more thing…"

"Yes?"

"I need some foreigner to navigate the helicopter… this guy… from Russia… what was his name?"

"Gregorovich?"

"Yes, exactly. Send him."

I wasn't stupid. I knew that my pilot couldn't know Lex either. That was way I wanted this one particular person who was working for me – well, had been working for Oliver actually – to take us away from here. I was sure that he didn't know Lex and wouldn't recognize him. He was here, in America, not long enough, he'd come after Lex's death.

Just to make us more save I needed a hat for Lex. Not a toupee, a hat would be enough.

"Lex…?" I hung up and came back to him. "Lex… I need to go to the city for a while… but… I'll be back soon and then I'll take you somewhere safe. Can you wait for me? Promise me?"

He looked at me a little more sane and then, answered:

"Yes, of course, I can. I can't imagine where else I could possibly go."

He started sound like Lex too… Was his memory lost permanent or not? Maybe he would remember pretty soon?

And then what? Would he do something to me? Would he accuse me of something? Would he use me against Clark?

But then, I realized. What could had I possibly done to him so he would have a reason to hurt me? Nothing.

We'd had a history. Yes, it'd been very short but was still there.

I wasn't the one who'd sent him to Arctic. I wasn't the one who'd killed him… I hadn't blown up his van… no… but my dead husband had.

Great.

"Just… wait for me here…" I said walking away quickly.

I hoped that when I would come back I wouldn't see him talking to a wall again.

I got to the Talon to take my stuff.

"Chloe… you're leaving already?" Lana's aunt looked at me surprised. "What happened?"

"Nothing… I just… too many painful memories…" I said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Yes. I think you're right. I came back here but… I'm still not sure if it was the right decision."

"Thank you for your hospitality. It was really good to see you again."

"You too, Chloe, you too…"

"If somebody asks for me… just tell them I'm fine and that I'll call them as soon as I feel like calling."

"No problem… Chloe?"

"Yes?" I turned round.

"You paid me the rent for the whole month… I'll just…" She got to the counter.

"No… please, don't…" I stopped her. "Keep it. I don't need it."

"But…"

"I paid for it and I got it. It's not your fault that I'm leaving early and it shouldn't mean that you have to give me my money back… I was Oliver Queen's wife… really… keep it as a gift. I'm sure you need it."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it… where can I… buy a hat?" I suddenly asked and she looked at me strangely.

"A hat? I thought you don't wear hats."

"Well… I want one." Was it stupid of me to ask her that? But it would save me a lot of trouble.

"Well… if you like… but I think you would be better of it," she smiled and gave me the directions.

Sure I would be better of it. I would look ridiculously in a hat not to mention… Lex… I almost laughed.

I came back to the cave half an hour later.

"Lex?" I looked around. Where the hell was he? "Lex?"

"Here…" I heard him and sighed with relief. He came out of the cave.

"You can't hide there forever, Lex!"

"Somebody was passing by and I didn't want them to see me."

"Ok… my chopper should be here any minute…" and then I heard it. "Ok." I quickly turned back to Lex. "Just put it on…" I gave him the hat trying not to stare. He looked, indeed, ridiculous, but on the other hand my pilot would never figure out who he really was.

"I bought you some clothes too…" I told him. I figured that Oliver's old stuff might be a little too short for Lex. He was much taller than my husband after all. "Come inside…" but Lex didn't move. "Lex?"

"I'm not sure… I'm probably not a big fan of flying," he said.

"You survived a plane crush once and despite it you were still flying… come on… you're save with me."

"A plane crush?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Well… yeah…" Maybe it wasn't the best thing to tell him but I didn't really know what else to say. I was feeling so confused, afraid that he might remember everything in the next second and then what?

cbrunberg
11th December 2011, 21:10
lex is back and has no memory.this should be very interesting.can't wait to see where you go with this

hfce
12th December 2011, 01:07
Lex not knowing who he is interesting. More please.

TrinityR
14th December 2011, 12:19
I fell in love with the song I just wanna die in your arms /No promises/ and while I was making a short video preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBW4xDsVDWo
It came to me.
An idea for a fanfiction about Tess/Lex/Clark with Tess and Lex not related but in love. Tess would be the real reason why Clark and Lex became ultimate enemies because Clark loved Tess while she still loved the bad man. I'll start writing it soon and I think I'll just give you the link, I know this is a forum about Chlex but maybe somebody would be interested. It'll be posted on Kryptonsite and fanfiction.net like the rest of my non-Chlex fanfics:)

CHAPTER 4 AGAIN IN HUMAN BODY

Lex was quiet during the whole flight what actually made me happy. I didn't want our pilot to listen to our conversation.

When I got a closer look at him I had the impression that he was a little scared of flying but he was doing everything he could to hide it. Had he been afraid of this kind of transport before? Maybe as a child? It was so surprising that I hardly managed to restrain myself from this constant glancings I was shooting him.

"We're here, Mrs Queen!" my pilot announced and a moment after that we landed just beside Oliver's summer residence.

He'd been my husband but I'd never really get used to the fact that everything that had been his had been mine since our wedding… We'd never signed any pre-marriage agreement, well… we hadn't even remembered the day of our wedding to me more specific… but even after that, when we'd decided to stay together he'd never ask me to sign anything. I'd loved him so much for that trust. He'd never doubted me. We would be such a wonderful couple… such a wonderful parents if only… I signed and tried to restrain tears from falling down my cheek. That wasn't the time for grieving. Somebody needed me and I had to be there for him. Even if that somebody was Lex, I still cared. We had a history together even if I seemed to be the only person that remembered it.

My pilot opened the door and Lex got out clearly relieved that the trip was over. Then, he gave me his hand to help me get out what – again – shocked me.

Had he been such a gentleman before? I couldn't remember, I hadn't paid any attention to such small gestures before.

When he touched me I felt different. I felt warm coming from his hand to mine, I felt some…

Chloe… don't even go there, it's over… actually… it never happened, that what you two promised, right? It never happened. That were two dreams. Period.

He was there so I could help him and I couldn't forget that under that mask, somewhere deep inside he was still Lex Luthor, the ultimate enemy of Clark Kent.

Which side had you chosen, Chloe? Exactly, the side of goodness, not evilness.

If Lex remembered… he would be his old himself back... probably.

No illusions… there was no way I could make a better man out of him.

But if he was so evil deep inside why had I taken him to my residence?

I had to stop that pointless discussion with myself, it was going nowhere and I was getting tired of it.

It'd already been done. He was here and I didn't have a heart to throw him out onto the world he had no idea of.

"It would be all, thank you, Gregorovich," I smiled to my pilot and took my baggage.

"Do you need any help with this?" he asked me.

"No, thanks, I'll manage. Go home, it's late and I'm sure your family miss you."

"Thank you, Mrs Queen, I hope you'll have a good time here."

I glanced at Lex stealthily. I wasn't so sure it would be nice…

When the pilot got back to the chopper Lex just took my baggage without asking.

"Thanks," I said. "You can take that hat off now, you know… it doesn't actually suit you."

"I didn't want to ask you before in presence of this man, but I have to ask you now, Chloe. Who am I really? Why do I know everything about the world there is to know, why do I know the basic savoir vivre, how should I run a business… but… I know nothing about myself."

"I'm asking myself this question too, believe me. Let's take you inside and then I'll try to find something out. Ok?"

"Why are you hiding me?" he started again when we were walking toward the residence.

"I… Well…" How was I supposed to say: you know, you're a killer, liar and generally not a very good man? I couldn't. I had a chance to change his fate. I had a chance to make him a better man. Or did I really? Maybe it was all in his genes anyway? Maybe it didn't matter what he remembered or what he didn't? Maybe he would always be the same?

"Who am I that you don't want the world to find out that I'm alive? Or maybe I'm nobody so, it doesn't really matter?"

"You know what, Lex?" I suddenly stopped and looked at him. "How did it happen? When I found you, you were absent, you were keep talking about some ghost you thought you saw and now… now you're completely normal. You're you again, except the part with no memories."

"If you were wandering around Smallville so long without no memories you would act the same," he simply answered and continued his walk.

"I guess…" After all, he'd been on a deserted island once and he hadn't actually been sane out there, not to mention the time he'd spent in Belle Reve.

"We're here," I said when we reached the door.

The residence was almost as big as the mansion. I really had to think it all over. What was I expecting from my life now? Should I sell some of those buildings and palaces that Queen's family owned? Or would I offend their heritage by doing it? Maybe I should donate like a half of my fortune to a charity? That would be a good idea…

"I didn't call for my stuff to turn in," I told Lex. I'd done it deliberately. I just wanted to be there alone with him. Finding a pilot who wouldn't know him had been one difficult task and the whole stuff? No way, I would have to bring them here from Russia or Greenland.

"I will eventually lose my patience, Chloe, you know that, don't you?" he told me while opening the door for me.

"I know," I sighed. "I'll take you to your room so you can take a shower and change your clothes and in the meanwhile I'll try to find something out. Then, we'll talk."

"Let's say I agree to that," he hesitated for a second. "Where's my room?"

"Wait…" I turned the lights on.

I'd been in this summer residence only once, long before we'd even become serious with Ollie but I remembered what and where was inside.

"Stairs…" I said and led him up there. First floor… guest rooms…

"Here… come in here. This room may be yours." I pointed the door while clearly avoiding looking at the door at the end of the corridor. I wasn't ready to deal with that just now.

"Thank you… where shall I put your bag?"

"Oh, it's ok… I'll manage from here, thanks…" I opened the door across the corridor and just dropped the bag on the floor. "I'll be waiting downstairs. When you get there, just go left."

"I will."

So, I was left alone.

Wait… Clothes…

"Lex?" I exclaimed and knocked on his door.

"Yes?" he opened the door again buttoning his shirt back up.

"Your clothes… I'm not sure if those from the wardrobe will fit you… here you go…" I handed them over to him. "You can give me the ones you're wearing right now. I'll wash it."

"No… I… I'll give you them later, after my shower."

"It's ok… It's not like I've never seen a man without a shirt or pants… just give them to me."

"No." It was a very strong and confident 'no'.

What was wrong with him? He was never ashamed. I knew something about that.

"Lex… it's ok… and… take that glove off…" I reached my hand to him but he just made a step back. "Ok, whatever! Suit yourself! Maybe you should wash it yourself! Why do I have to do this?" I turned round, back to the stairs.

Strange… what was he hiding under that glove?

When I found myself in the living room with a laptop on my knees and a cup of hot tea, it struck me. I felt… I actually felt good. It was new. I hadn't felt like that since Ollie had died and… Lex was the one who was making me feel just a little bit better now. Or maybe it was the fact that I was feeling needed.

Needed… I sighed and bit my lower lip. I had no idea where to go from now on. What to do… If I called Clark now he would just yell at me, fly over here immediately and… and what? He would take Lex somewhere, maybe to SommerHolt or Belle Reve… somewhere where he wouldn't be a threat for him. Of course, I understood it would be for our own good but… I couldn't let that happen. Lex – and it wasn't important at the moment if I wanted that or not – mattered to me. There was nothing I could do about it now. And he needed me. Clark had Lois. Jimmy, Ollie… they were all dead. I had nobody. I was the third wheel to my friends' happy carriage…

I took off my clothes and got in the shower. I couldn't look at my body now… I wasn't ready to do that again, not now. The shock form the moment I'd woken up and looked down… seen my hand… seen the cuts… It was still hunting me, it was so dreadful… I didn't feel any pain, I felt completely normal, I could feel everything with that injured hand and thrugh my body, I just… couldn't bear the thought I was so… ugly now. Because I was, wasn't I? Did it matter that I had feelings? Did it matter that this Chloe girl was looking at me, touching me, caring about me? Did it matter if when only she would look at my body… she would recoil and run away screaming? Maybe she wasn't this kind of a woman but I knew that no one would ever love me like that. Some echo appeared in my head. Did I really need love? I had the impression that it didn't matter for me anymore, at least it'd stopped once in the past. I couldn't remember anything even if I tried the hardest but I kept having those strange impressions, feelings, twitchings… I knew that somehow I'd been connected to this blonde woman and that she mattered to me but I didn't know how or why. Maybe she would be honest enough with me to tell me the truth?

Why had I even gone with her? I didn't know her but… I trusted her. I knew she wouldn't hurt me. I knew I didn't have a choice but to do what she'd asked me for.

I sighed and closed my eyes washing my face under the hot stream of water.

Then, I felt it. Great. I had to start fighting it now? So soon? And this fight would go on to the rest of my life? Or maybe I could have sex after all? Pay some hooker and leave my clothes on while using only the necessary parts?

I looked down. Maybe I should switch on cold water? If I had this body at least somebody could had made me not feel the sexual attraction.

I saw my chest… my elbows… my legs… the same cuts were on my knees and feet. Almost on my every joint.

I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I would scare her to death and God forbid maybe she would even get here to see what happened.

Ok… Let's do this. Start searching, Chloe, enough of self-pity, it's time for you to wake up your reporter side. I know you haven't been using it for a while but come on! It can't be that difficult! It's like riding a bike!

I connected to the Net and started setting up my firewall to secure myself. Then, it was time to search…

I didn't even manage to type anything into my search engine when my phone rang.

Please, let it not be Clark, I thought. Yes, my wish had been granted. It was Lois.

"Hey, cous," I said to the phone.

"Chloe. Nice to finally hear your voice. You just left with no goodbye!"

"It's not like I'll be gone forever…"

"But you let Clark…"

"I needed Clark to take me to Smallville fast."

"So, you're still in Smallville? How is the small town?"

"Actually... no, I'm not in Smallville anymore, but I'm fine. It was too much for me to come back there so, I moved somewhere else. Oliver's."

"And that's not too painful? I'm sorry… I just… I'm worrying about you."

"I'll be fine and... you have Clark, you don't need me."

"I always need you, cousin… by the way, you have no idea how big mess I have in the Daily Planet!"

"Really? That's actually not a surprise."

"I wanted to make a story on Lex, you know…"

"You wanted WHAT?" I was frozen with fear. "Lois… you don't…"

"I know! I don't have any proof that he actually is alive! He's just disappeared! Can you imagine? Clark doesn't want to look for him for obvious reasons and I just can't do it myself. I didn't know him that well, I have no idea where he could go and no one in Smallville hasn't seen him either."

"You've talked to the people in Smallville?" I was really shocked now. Good thing I'd taken Lex out of there.

"Well… yeah, they were looking at me like I was nuts or something but what a reporter wouldn't do for a story, right?"

"So, you hit the dead end."

"Yeah…" she sighed exasperated. "You know, since I couldn't make a story on Clark this was supposed to be my big thing but now… I'm losing my hope. I even thought of using the fact that Clark has seen him as an excuse to print the story but… again… they weren't exactly talking casually, I can't write that Lex Luthor raised from the dead and had a conversation with The Red Blue Blur about the fact what kind of enemies they were."

"Sure, you can't!" I found myself laughing. Lois had always had this impact on me. She could make me laugh just by talking about herself.

"But I found out something very interesting about Tess," she told me.

"Wait…" I got seriously interested. She could save me a lot of trouble. "I'm listening!"

"Haven't you been listening to me before?... Anyway… she was found in Lex's old office in LuthorCorp, lying on the ground, stabbed to death."

"Ah…" I sighed. Poor Tess. I'd been really starting to like her!

"But that's not the unusual part. Listen to that! She had her gloves on and…"

"That's unusual?" I snorted remembering the one glove on Lex's hand.

"Let me finish!" Lois got irritated. "On one glove… she had a strange substance. It was taken to the lab and I got the results just this morning… I know… it took long but… God... good that nobody touched it with their bare hands!"

"Why?"

"In the beginning they had no idea where it came from but they found out that it penetrates the dental issue."

"Which means?"

"Anybody who would touch it with bare hands… or just bare body… would lose all of their memories…"

Bingo! I felt like I was in some cartoon and a lamp had just lightened up in my head.

"Exactly… We can say that she'd infected somebody just before she died but no results so on… considering the fact that today I found out that this substance was made by Lex in the Sommerholt institute years ago… maybe it was Lex? It would explain why Tess even went there, I know, she wanted to see her half-brother but she must know the risk! She knew he was a killer! He killed his own father so, why shouldn't he kill his sister too, right? Now, I want to find him even more. I was thinking about putting his picture everywhere on the Net with a question "have you seen this man" but again…"

"No one will believe you that a man just raised from the dead."

"Exactly."

I heard footsteps in the corridor and Lex got to the door.

"Lois… listen… I have to run now… say 'hi' to Clark from me. I'll call you, ok?"

"Well… ok," she signed. "I'll try to find out more… but I'm telling you… I hit the dead end… I'm starting to think that soon they'll find Lex's body… again. He can't manage in this world with no memories. Bye!"

"Oh, he can…" I told myself.

"What?" Lex asked me getting closer and finally sitting by me on the sofa.

"Do you want some hot tea? I'm sure it will be good for you, Lex."

"Yes, I appreciate that, thank you and… thank you for everything…"

He was awfully sad.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing…"

"Lex… you can tell me…" I put my hand on his knee but suddenly he jerked away from me. "I'm sorry…"

"It's… it's not your fault… just… never mind."

"I know what happened to you," I told him.

hfce
14th December 2011, 18:20
Interesting update. I knew it was because of his sister touching him. I feel bad for him. I hope Chloe can shed some light on it.

TrinityR
17th December 2011, 19:53
Thank you for liking the idea of Lex with no memories. I know that a lot of you didn’t like the end of Smallville when it happened and what more: when Lex was brought back to life in that clone body, but I think I did my best to bring the REAL Lex, not a stupid clone, just Lex’s soul.
And why did I do that? Because I think that Lex with no memories is a good idea for a story, especially with Chloe as his mentor. I will be also introducing retrospectives and yess... soon I will precede to the smut...

As I promised the link to my Tess/Lex/Clark story and I have really good feeling about it:)[/B]
Fanfiction.net:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7636161/1/I_JUST_WANNA_DIE_IN_YOUR_ARMS
or if you prefer to read on forum (Kryptonsite):
http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showthread.php?161243-I-JUST-WANNA-DIE-IN-YOUR-ARMS-Tess-Lex-Clark-nc17&p=7655169#post7655169

CHAPTER 5 I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

"I know what happened to you…"

He was sitting right next to me but in the same time he stayed in the distance. I looked at him more closely, he was wearing those clothes I'd bought him. They fitted perfectly.

They couldn't not fit, I thought, I knew his… stop Chloe, stop right there, you should be very glad that you're the only one with this secret now. Lex didn't know, that was actually perfect.

"Why are you still wearing this?" I asked him gazing on the black glove still covering his right hand. "Lex… is there something wrong? Are you hurt? I can look at it and…" I started again.

"I'm not hurt," he cut me off. "You were saying that you know what happened to me. Could you please tell me? I'm getting rather impatient," he said and sipped his tea. "Do you, by any chance, have something stronger? Like… a whiskey or scotch?" he asked me.

"You're the same, you know that? You don't have any memories but you still talk in the way you were always talking… and you still like what you used to like…" I squinted my eyes thinking about it.

"Really? Do you find me talking weirdly?" he raised his eyebrows.

"No… not at all, actually… after spending so much time with my friends from high school and people who didn't exactly finish any college and when being a writer… I'm... was... a journalist..." I corrected quickly because he looked like he wanted to ask. "I always felt good in your company. You're the most well-educated man I've ever known."

"You seem to know me well... better than I know myself," he sighed.

Even Lex Luthor could sometimes feel uncomfortable, I thought.

"Lex… maybe first… wait a moment…" I got out of the room to come back with some food from the kitchen. "Here… eat something, you're probably hungry…"

I was right, he was starving, he had to forget about it before because he wanted to know everything about himself so badly.

I had to wait until he finished his meal to start speaking. I wasn't sure if he would take it all well while eating, he could lose his appetite quickly.

"Ok… we can start from the basic." I had to remember that after all he'd always had the gift to see if people were lying to him so, I figured the best way to deal with that would just be to change the theme when he would start with something I didn't want to talk about. "Do you know your name?"

"I know that my name is Lex."

"Actually… it's Alexander. Alexander Luthor but everybody's calling you Lex. I believe that your father named you after Alexander the Great but I can't tell you this for sure because you never mentioned it… your family is… I'm sorry… was one of the wealthiest in the country."

"So, I'm no longer a rich man?"

"I think you are, you just… shit, I didn't think it would be so hard …" What should I say next? Should I say everything or just the good stuff? Should I just tell him when he'd been born and when he'd died? Should I tell him that he'd died?

"I don't understand… If I'd been rich before I lost my memories… how come I'm no longer a wealthy man?"

"You didn't exactly only lose your memory, Lex."

"So, what happened?" He stood up and started pacing around the room. I didn't think it was a good idea at all.

"You died," I simply answered and I'd been right. He sat down immediately.

"Excuse me?" he looked back at me in shock.

"Ok… let's get the worst part over with… you father… he was a very… bad man… he was treating your mother badly… she died when you were eleven and… your father, oh… excuse me... his name was Lionel Luthor and your mother's name was Lillian… Your father wanted to raise you for his own resemblance and I think he partially succeeded… you weren't always the best man, Lex, but I believe… no, I know that there was and still is good inside of you."

"I don't know how is it exactly so, I think I just have to take your word for it."

"Thank you for trusting me."

"I have no choice…"

When I looked into his eye I noticed desperation and almost despair. I couldn't be surprised after all. If I were in his shoes… boy, he was managing it well, even with the temporarily moment of insanity back in the cave.

"Ehm…" I grunted. What now? "You… you were…" No, I couldn't tell him that he'd been looking for the Traveler, a creature prophesized to fall down from a sky. "There was an accident… you died in a van explosion."

"How could I have died if I'm here right now?" he asked me. "I believe that I was in some… crash, maybe even in an explosion but I didn't die…"

"You believe?" he surprised me. Why did he think so? And then I noticed him rubbing nervously that glove on his hand.

There must be something wrong with it, I thought, maybe the body he'd got was damaged somehow.

"You did," I said remaining calm and taking the laptop. I found the right article and showed it to him.

Lex Luthor declared dead

"It's me…" he gasped. "But… how…"

"Exactly. You… you did something forbidden, Lex, something unacceptable considering human rights but it brought you back."

"What?"

"You created your own clones," I said slowly watching for his reaction.

"Do you… do you want to say that… I am a clone of the real Lex Luthor?!" he was perplexed. "I can't! I feel… so real! I am real!"

"Yes, you are. You are not a clone. You are in clone's body," I explained. "There is… hmm… do you believe in supernatural?"

"Define supernatural."

Should I tell him about the meteor shower? I thought I owed him that considering the baldness. I didn't have to mention anything about Clark coming down on Earth with that shower.

So, I carefully - and hopely, clearly enough - explained him what a meteor infected was.

"And you were there in the day of the meteor shower. That is why you are bald. You lost your hair back then and it never grew back."

"I see…" he was still skeptical so, I had to bear my arguments with the articles in the Net.

"Couple of weeks ago our planet was about to be destroyed. A fire planet was heading toward us and we thought it was our end but it didn't happen. We were saved…"

"So, you are implying that some dark force called the Darkseid… brought my soul back from the dead because my father sold his soul to the devil?"

"And gave you his heart." That was all I knew about Lex's big come back and I hoped he wouldn't want to know more. "Your memories were erased later on by your half-sister who's dead now. She used a substance that you created yourself."

"But how…"

"She wanted revenge? Salvation? She wanted to make you better, to make you forget everything you've been through and help you be a good man with clear account, I guess… The only two people who could have some info are your father… but I'm sorry… he's dead… and... well... you."

"With no memories," he sighed. "I really need something to drink. Do you have some alcohol in this place?" He looked around.

"Yes, I do." Oliver always kept some expensive liquors in his residences. He wasn't a type who would drink much but he liked to have it if needed.

I brought a bottle of twenty years old whiskey and two glasses, hell yes, who said I couldn't relax and have a shot too?

"What now?" Lex asked. "What will happen to me now?"

"I honestly don't know… all I can say to you is that we should wait before you'll pronounce yourself alive. "

"Why?"

"You weren't exactly saint, Luthors weren't saints… you were hated by people, you had a lot of power but sometimes you were overusing it… I think we should wait until you're fine."

"I'm not sure if I ever recover."

"I'll try to find out if there's anything to make you remember something." Liar, Chloe, I thought, you are liar, you won't look because you don't want Lex to be a threat to the whole humanity again.

"What are you hiding from me? What is it, Chloe?" he asked me suddenly while finishing his whiskey.

"Nothing. I told you everything." Shit, he knew I was lying…

"No you didn't," he contradicted me.

"Don't…"

"Chloe, I think I have the right to know the truth. How would you feel if that happened to you?"

"It wouldn't because I don't have to be made a better person. I am good!"

"Oh, I don't think so! We all have our little dark secrets! What is it that you're hiding from me? I can tell by the look on your face!" He was standing again.

I also stood up and got closer to him.

"Lex… I don't…"

He took me by my shoulders and shook me. Rage painted on his face.

"I'm really trying here…" He suddenly let go off me and lowered his voice down. "I am. I'm doing everything in my power to be patient, not to sound desperate but… how long somebody can do that? Even the most patient man in the world would lose it eventually… How would you feel in my position?"

I didn't say a word and avoided his eyes. I preferred to look down on the floor.

"It's concerning us?" he asked.

"What?" This time I had to look up. Did he remember something? "Why would you…"

"Don't play innocent on me. I can sense that there's some tension between us and I don't need memories for that."

"Ok… you were going too far and it got you killed. You were always seeing something, searching for stuff that didn't really matter… you deeply hurt my friends… you turned bad and then everybody else turned back on you what made you even worse…" Changing the theme, yeah, that was a good strategy after all.

"Ok, stop…"

"Stop?"

"Yes, stop." He turned round. "You were right, it's too much. Too much information like for one time. It's very overwhelming." He looked me in the eye and I could've sworn that here was some longing in them. Longing for something I had no idea of.

"Maybe… you should get some sleep. When was the last time you were lying in comfy bed?"

He looked at me and I could read everything from his expression.

"I'm sorry," I said getting closer to him. "Do you need anything else?"

"Just this, if you don't mind." He took the bottle of whiskey.

"Sure, no problem, it's probably a good idea. It'll help you fall asleep after everything you've heard today."

"Chloe?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you to keep looking? Maybe if I got a cure… it would be better."

"Sure… I'll look."

"Thank you."

"But not today. I'm tired myself."

"Of course. I will go now."

I watched him disappearing upstairs and bit my lip.

I got myself into a mess, a real mess… what would happen now? I couldn't keep him here forever, he would want to get out eventually.

And I couldn't find a cure, even if there was one I didn't want him to be the old Lex back, I wanted the Lex from almost seven years ago.

I turned the lights off and got upstairs myself.

While walking by his door I stopped not sure if I could do what I wanted but eventually I quietly opened his door and peeked inside.

He was lying on the bed, turned back on me. He didn't move so I assumed that he'd fallen asleep fast after all.

Or laid unconscious judging from the empty bottle on the bedside table.

He looked so vulnerable… like not himself… not the strong and confident Lex I'd once known… not the Lex who'd been always hiding his feelings deep inside… it wasn't the hard Lex who'd lost his humanity anymore…

I closed the door and went to my room.

I took a quick shower and got to bed myself. Just now I realized how tired I actually was… but even though, I couldn't sleep while knowing that Lex was in the room on the other side of the hall… so close…

I covered myself up and tried to remember… I'd done everything I could to make it go away, to never try to picture it in my head again… it'd even come to that that I'd thought it'd been just a dream, that it hadn't really happened.

But it had.

I remembered the moment when I'd got out of the car along with my father.

I remembered the moment when I'd got inside the house who'd supposed to be our safe house.

I remembered the moment when agents had got to us pulling us to the tunnel under the house…

I remembered the moment of the explosion that had shaken the whole area…

But I'd lived.

And there had been only one person close to me who'd known that.

That person had been Lex Luthor…

hfce
17th December 2011, 23:51
Well Chloe is in for it now. She can't control him. He will be what he is supposed to be soon. Great update. You might want to go back and do a spell check. There are some mistakes. :P

TrinityR
18th December 2011, 00:11
You might want to go back and do a spell check. There are some mistakes. :P
Thank you! I've been so super busy today that I've missed those spellings. I hope that I corrected all of them:) I'll try to be better in the future:)

cbrunberg
19th December 2011, 00:28
can't wait for the next chapter.to see what happens

TrinityR
22nd December 2011, 18:53
CHAPTER 6 OFICIALLY DEAD

I was terrified.

I was supposed to be the key witness at Lionel Luthor's trial.

An almost 18 years old girl was the most powerful weapon against him.

It was obvious that he would try to destroy me. Maybe even kill me along with my father. How could I protect myself? I had no chance…

No chance by myself but Lex Luthor had come around offering me his help.

I hadn't known him very well back then, all I'd known about him had come straight from Clark's mouth so, I only had my friend's opinion.

Was I afraid of lying my life in hands of such a man? He was also a Luthor! What kind of person wanted to put his own father in prison?

But if your own father killed your grandparents… it was a completely different kettle of fish.

I was making myself feeling better by repeating those facts.

I couldn't even imagine how terrifying Luthors had been. Family was supposed to be the ones who would protect you and love you no matter what, not the other way around.

I felt sorry for Lex and his attitude made me eventually hope for some better future for him and different path than the one chosen by Lionel.

Now, I had to leave my whole life behind – at least for a while.

I couldn't even describe how hard it was to abandon my friends. They would think I was dead… so much pain… and all of this caused by me. Chloe Sullivan.

There was a part of me – some very nasty voice inside – which was telling me: now you'll see if your friends really love you, now you'll see if you're so much important to them as you thought you were…

I was curious if Clark would be devastated by the fact of my "death" or…

I didn't even want to think about it. I had feelings for him since like… forever and if he didn't care it would break my heart. I'd already made a peace with the fact that he would never feel the same but I just couldn't stand if he would not care about me.

You are his best friend, you silly head, I thought, of course he will care and what more – you will cause him of a lot of pain.

This kind of pain had no matter, If I hadn't done that I would've been dead by now so I had no other choice.

I felt dreadful fear when those agents dropped us by a house which was supposed to be our safe house.

Safe my ass… I sighed.

Lex had warned me.

He'd warned me that it might not exactly go as planned. Lionel could send his people to kill me even here.

Lex had also told me not to worry because he would save me no matter what, once again I had to trust him and I was glad I did.

As soon as we walked inside that house and the door closed behind us some other agents jumped to us and pulled us to a trapdoor in the floor.

"Come on, come on!" they were rushing us.

Our baggage was left upstairs but we didn't care. Only our lives mattered, we had to survive.

As we ran a few feet I heard a rumble of an explosion that wiped out the whole area above the ground.

But we were safe.

We were officially dead but safe…

I had the impression that we were running – and then walking – about ten miles before we reached another trapdoor and got out of the tunnels to some other house.

"Gabe and Chloe Sullivan?" some woman in a uniform spoke to us when she saw us.

"Yes…" My father was breathless so, I had to confirm our identities. Poor Gabe… I really didn't want him to get mixed in all of this but we had no choice. He wanted to take Lionel down as much as I did.

"My name is Patricia Malcolm and I have direct instructions from Mr Lex Luthor. You have to stay apart and hidden until the trial," she informed us.

"Apart?" my father finally spoke. "Excuse me, lady, but I need to be by my…"

"Mr Sullivan, do you want to get out of this alive?" she interrupted him sharply while looking at him ominously. "Thought so," she said when he didn't answer. "We're doing everything to help you two survive so please, just listen to me. We do not have much time so I'll just tell you what you'll have to do now. Mr Sullivan, there's a car waiting outside, you have to get into that car and it'll take you to a safe place. You're officially dead now so, try to stay down, do not look for your daughter, do not try to contact her. I will personally send you infos about her well-being and when it's over… you will meet again. Is that clear?"

My father looked at me and I had the impression that he was just about to cry.

"Dad… don't…" I whispered because I'd already had tears in my eyes. I didn't want to lose him too. Not like I'd lost my mother. "Dad… just listen to them. It's for our own good. We'll meet soon…" I reassured him.

"I'm proud of you, Chloe," he just said through tears and hugged me.

"Pp…proud of me?" I asked surprised.

"Yes." He let me go and put his hands on my shoulders. "Very proud of you. You are a woman now. You've grown up too quickly because of what you have to do now but… I couldn't be more proud. You're stronger than me, honey." He kissed my cheek and turned to the door. "I'll see you…"

"I love you, daddy," I whispered really touched by his speech.

"I know you'll get him and put him in prison for good. I know you can do this, honey. You are the only one who can take down Lionel Luthor. Be brave."

"I will…"

He was gone…

"OK," the woman turned to me impatiently. "You'll go in the next car… the driver will take you to another Luthor's safe house…"

"Luthor's?" I interrupted her.

"Lex Luthor's," she corrected me. "Don't worry, Lionel Luthor thinks you two are dead."

"He was the one who planted the bomb, wasn't he?"

"Well… yes, he was."

Lex must feel awful… his own father… killing people like they were ants… or trying to kill them.

"When you find yourself in the safe house you will not be allowed to go out, understood? You have to stay inside the whole time. Food, clothes and entertainment will be provided to you."

"Ok."

"When it's safe for Mr Lex Luthor to come to you, he will and he'll tell you everything you'll like to know."

"Ok…" I repeated feeling like I was going to faint. It was too much like for just one day.

"Go, Ms Sullivan and… good luck. I would really like to see Lionel Luthor in jail myself," she told me as a goodbye.

"Thank you, I'll do my best…" I said and left.

Couple of hours later the car stopped in front of an old house somewhere in the suburbs.

I got out and looked around. There was nothing around that would deserve some attention. Just woods. And one old house.

The place I would be trapped in for the next… couple of months. Oh God… that would probably be the most boring and in the same time stressful months of my life but I had to go through with this. I just had to. And Lex would come to visit me so, I wouldn't be alone after all…

"Ms Sullivan, you have to go inside. Immediately." The driver pushed me toward the building. "Everything you need is already inside. Lock yourself up and set the alarm. The codes and instructions are here." He handed me over some envelope. "It's sealed, you will be the first one to open it."

"Thank you."

"Go. You're staying on sight for too long."

"Goodbye…" I said and ran toward the house.

Day turned into night, night turned into another day…

And I still hadn't heard from Lex.

No games, no TV, no computer or movies could take my mind off him. Him and the world I'd just left.

Smallville… they'd probably thought that I was dead by now… I'd made so many people suffered… people I cared about…

All this time I was just sitting in front of the TV but I didn't see anything on the screen. I was thinking…

My father was in some place – which probably looked just like mine – alone. He was in much worse position. He wasn't expecting any company or visitor soon… the only thing he was waiting for would happen in three months. Such a long time…

Clark… Clark was probably devastated… couldn't believe that I was 'gone'. I'd bet he was spending all his time on the graveyard by a stone with an inscription saying something like 'Chloe Sullivan. Dearest friend and daughter…'.

Or maybe I hadn't have a funeral yet? Maybe it was just about to happen?

Would Lex be there?

What was happening to him anyway? Why wasn't he coming yet?

There was only a short reference about me in the TV. They said that the only witness in Lionel Luthor's trial had died in an explosion.

They didn't know who'd caused it. Of course they didn't! Lionel was smart, he wouldn't leave any evidences…

Another day passed by…

Now, I was really worried about Lex. Where the hell was he?

Third day…

What if Lionel had done something to him too?

Had he been capable of hurting his own son?

He'd killed his parents, why wouldn't he…

Oh my God! No! Lex… You have to be alive, I thought. Please, please, please be alive. What would I do without you? Lionel's people would eventually find me here and kill me like a pig in a slaughter house!

And what about my father then?...

Fourth day…

I was watching news channel all the time… no record of Lex… so, that was a good sign, right?

Where are you?!

I was slowly going mad.

I didn't know what to do with myself as not to think about it.

I was going from one room to another trying to make myself busy but I couldn't…

And then… just when the sun set… I heard the door unlocking.

Was it Lex? Or was it Lionel?

Without hesitation I took a poker from the fireplace and with it as a weapon I silently sneaked behind the door to the hall.

Somebody was already inside.

I was standing by the wall, clenching the poker in my hands and breathing heavily. I was terrified… please, let it be…

Somebody walked inside the room but didn't see me. I stayed hidden behind the door.

And then… then I heard his voice. I would never think I would find it a beautiful melody…

"Chloe? Are you here?" It was Lex!

Lex who was really concerned about me.

"LEX!" I screamed and dropped the poker.

Second after I thrust myself on him tightly entwining my arms around his neck.

He was surprised by my reaction but he hugged me back…

"I was so scared…" I whispered to his ear and realized I was crying. I smelt his cologne and welcomed that smell with a smile on my face. He was here, he was real. He was alive.

I let go of him and he staggered a little.

"Lex… you don't look well… what…"

"Later… Chloe…" he started and looked me in the eye. "You are officially dead."

I know… I know… I was supposed to precede to the smutness but it just didn't fit in that chapter. You have to forgive me. We have plenty of time for that yet.

TrinityR
25th December 2011, 18:32
CHAPTER 7 LET'S KEEP IT A SECRET

Officially dead... it sounded so real when he'd said that… it hadn't been just in my head, in my imagination anymore… He'd spoken those words and it'd gotten so dead real… terrifyingly real…

"Hey, are you ok?" he took a closer look at my face. "You're so pale… maybe you should sit down?" he made a step forward and staggered again.

"Maybe you should sit down?" I asked seriously concerned about him. "What happened?" He was so weak that he needed me to help him get to the couch.

He fell on it with no strength left. I could see drops of sweat on his forehead.

"Lex… you're scaring me… what happened?" I sat by his side and looked at him.

"I… I came straight from hospital," he said and took a deep breath. "Do you have some water?"

"Sure… I'll be right back…" I went to the kitchen and got back with a glass of water. "Here you go… now… tell me what happened. I want to help you but I need to know what's wrong…" There was sudden care in my voice. He was the only person that knew I was alive and could talk to me right now.

"My father…" he sighed. "…I think it was my father…"

"What did he do?"

"He… tried to poison me…"

I covered my mouth with my hands.

"So… you have poison inside of you?"

"In my blood… yeah… but… don't worry… I'm working on it…"

"I see…" I said sarcastically while studying his face. He was getting weaker and weaker.

"I have to have my blood purified... every… 24… hours…"

"For how long?"

"I don't… know… yet…"

"Why did you come here if you were feeling so badly?"

"Oh… I didn't feel bad in hospital… so, I left… I needed to see you… to see you alive… I was worried about you… Chloe…" He'd been taking deep breaths before almost every word and I started to be seriously concerned about his life.

"I was worried about you too, Lex…" I confessed. "I guess I was worried too much… I was practically going mad but… if I knew you were alive… I would tell you to stay in hospital to get better."

"Can't do that… I have too much… on my head right… now…" He winced after having said that.

"Are you in pain?"

"No… I just… feel so… weak… and dizzy… the room is… spinning… my heart is… pounding too fast…"

What should I do?

"Maybe I'll call for someone?" I suggested. "You obviously have to purify your blood again."

"No… nobody can… know about… this place."

"For the cost of your life? You should've just called and told me that you were alive… it would be enough for me…"

"I needed to see… you…" he whispered.

"God… Lex?"

He was losing his consciousness.

"LEX?" I put my hands on his shoulders and shook him. "LEX?!"

"Call… my… doc… Mel…" And he just lost his consciousness.

Oh my God! I was panicking but I knew I had to be strong for him. His life was at stake here. I didn't even care about myself right now. It'd been stupid of him to come here in the first pace but 'what's done's done'.

I reached to his pocket in search for his phone…

I found it in the second one.

I quickly got through his contacts list… Mel… Mel… Melody? Melanie?...

Melinda.

That had to be it!

I called her…

Please, pick up!

"Lex?" she finally spoke. "Is that you? I've heard you left hosp…"

"This is not Lex but he's at my place and he's unconscious," I interrupted her fast.

"Unconscious? Who are you? Where are you?" I could sense the concern in her voice.

"I… can't tell you much… it's confidential…"

"I can assure you that I am Lex's private doctor and I am loyal to him… why do you think he's chosen me?"

I couldn't explain it but suddenly I felt a pang of… jealously?

Jealous of Lex? It was stupid… wasn't it?

I sighed and bit my lower lip.

"Check his pulse…" Melanie told me.

I did that.

"I can barely sense it…"

"Ok, so, it's bad… if you're with him he's probably told you that he has a blood infection and he has…"

"Yes, I know it all."

"Approximately, he should have a treatment every 24 hours but I guess he needs it sooner."

"What should I do?"

"Tell me where you are and I'll get there as fast as I can."

Thank God I knew where I was. I'd seen the address in the papers that had been left for me in the house.

Melinda hung up promising me that she would be here fast… but how long would Lex hold on?

I looked at him… his chest was still rhythmically going up and down… up and down… but I could see that breathing was getting more and more difficult for him.

"Please… hold on… you're the only one I have left now…" I whispered to him while gently stoked his cheek.

Maybe there was something I could do after all?

I went to the bathroom and came back with a bowl full of cold water. I took a sponge and started to make him cold compresses.

It felt like forever… and then… I finally heard knocking on my door.

I hope that was only Melinda but I needed to take any safety precaution I could so, I ran to the next room – there was a secret way out of it – and yelled through the hall:

"The door's open, Melinda! Just go inside! Lex is in the living room!"

Some red haired woman walked inside. She had a big bag with herself and she was also caring some heavy machine. I couldn't help her with that. I needed to stay hidden.

"Where are you?" she asked looking around.

"I'm sorry but you cannot see me and I cannot explain why. Just save him, please."

"Ok," she agreed. Lex's life was more important than me after all and he was paying her for doing a good job.

Through the slut in the door I saw that she connected him to a drip and then to this machine she'd brought with herself. Later on she took his shirt off and started connecting a lot of small canals to his body.

I couldn't stop myself from staring at his chest… sweat was dripping from his body... he was barely breathing… he was half naked and I felt… I wanted…

Had I just thought about him sexually? I surprised myself. Me and Lex Luthor? This thought had never occurred to me before… I meant… I'd liked him, I'd been impressed by him but I'd known that he had like 20 years old and I'd been barely 18, it wouldn't be even legal yet! Beside, he could have any woman he wanted so, I'd known that a simple crush would just be a waste of time.

Now, I couldn't resist… or took my eyes of him… suddenly I wanted to be the one who'd been taking care of him…

Was he sleeping with that Melinda? Was she his girlfriend? Were they close? Or had they just had the normal employee-employer relations?

God, Chloe! He almost died because he'd wanted to see you and you're thinking about sex?

But again… he'd almost died because he'd wanted to see me…

"Are you there?!" Melinda yelled to me while looking around.

"Yes… I'm…" I said.

"Ok… listen to me carefully… I don't really have to know who you are and what is your connection to Mr Luthor…" Mr not Lex I thought, maybe there hadn't been that close after all… "My job is to make him better. I won't stay here until he wakes up but I need you to tell him to come back home as fast as possible. It's the matter of life and death, do you understand?"

"Yes, of course. I'll tell him… thank you… for your help…"

"It's my job…" she repeated. "Goodbye… mystery girl…" and she walked to the hall leaving the building.

I was so glad that she was gone! I almost burst through the door to get to Lex.

He was lying on the couch, shirtless… Chloe, just stop looking… I told myself again.

His breathing came back to normal… maybe he would be cold?

I wouldn't put the shirt back on him but I could at least cover him up with something.

I sat on the other end of the couch, waiting… waiting for him to wake up.

I hadn't even noticed when I'd fallen asleep…

"Chloe?" his voice woke me up.

I suddenly sat straight and looked at him.

"Lex…" I was relieved. He was still lying down but he was awake and clearly ok.

"Chloe… what happened?" he asked confused while pulling himself up. "Why was I sleeping here?"

"You don't remember? You were getting weaker and weaker… you told me to call your doctor…"

"And you did that?" he looked at me scared.

"Yes, you were dying! What was I supposed to do?! Let you die and bury you in the yard?!... Ok… I'm sorry… that was a bad attempt to make a joke…"

"You… You put yourself in danger just to save my life?" he was in shock.

"I just… oh…"

"Exactly."

"I couldn't let you die…" For a while we were just looking in each other's eyes.

"Just when I think I've figured you out you do something that surprises me even more…"

"That's nothing special. I just…"

"A lot of people I know would just let me die to protect themselves. Chloe… no one can know that you are alive."

"I know… don't worry… Melinda didn't see me, I stayed hidden."

"It's not the point… It's all my fault…"

"It's ok…" I put my hand on his. "I prefer this possible danger to spending all my days and nights worrying about you…" I said too much… I thought… too much.

I found myself avoiding his eyes and let his hand go.

"It's my fault…" he repeated. "I'm sorry…"

"You don't have to!"

"I guess I put you in such a danger because…" he started, "…because I've never had to care about anyone else but me in my entire life. Well, there was my mom but I was just a little kid so, it doesn't really count… Chloe…" This time I had to look in his eye. "You offered me help with putting my own father in jail and I accepted it." His eyes were so honest in that moment. "I knew I had to protect you with my life because when you're messing with my father… you're never safe… I know him… I know how he's taking care of his businesses or… enemies…" I shivered. "So, I had to protect you. The last thing I wanted to do was to let you down… and I almost did that. I'm sorry… I thought that going to you, checking up if you were ok was a wise decision but it wasn't. I should've waited until I got better."

"Lex… you won't let me down. It's impossible…" I found myself saying. I was touched by this speech. Clark had told me once that there was so much darkness in Lex but I only saw light. He wasn't that bad after all. He definitely wasn't his father.

We were staring at each other again and then…

I didn't even know how it happened exactly but suddenly we found ourselves so close to each other and just… kissed.

His kiss was like a lightning stroke for me… it was burning me… just a simple kiss…

Then, he stopped and moved back.

"Chloe…" He closed his eyes taking a deep breath. "We can't…" he said when he opened them.

"I… I'm sorry…" I said but I wasn't even sure if I'd been the one who'd initiated it.

"No… don't be sorry… it's just… you're a minor… we shouldn't… it's not… legal and beside… you testify against my father… we shouldn't mingle our personal business with that." He stood up.

Gosh, put some shirt on! I thought, I could've sworn that he'd noticed I'd been staring.

He turned back on me and finally the shirt was on its right place.

"I'll better go…"

"Oh… yes… I forgot… Melinda told me that you have to come back as soon as possible… she wants to have you under her observation in case… you know, something like that happens again…"

"Yes, I understand… Chloe…" He looked at me but I was feeling so uncomfortable that I didn't want to be in the same room with him any longer. "Goodbye…"

"Bye, Lex…" And he was gone.

Story of my life. The guy just ran away…

I spent the next three weeks completely alone and completely bored… I had no news from Lex. Why should I? Nothing happened… Everything was going according to the plan…

Sometimes, I just wished that something would go wrong… to have some excitement in life… not to be bored all the fucking time!

I thought that if I spent one more day in this hole I would just go crazy and start breaking stuff...

And then it happened.

I heard the door unlocking... somebody entered the code to the alarm device and it didn't go off so it had to be Lex… or somebody who'd discovered the truth…

I didn't even go check who was in my hallway, I didn't care. I didn't have any desire to live longer… my life was miserable anyway…

"Chloe…" it was Lex. He just stood in the door and didn't make even one more step toward me.

"Hey, Lex," I growled and turned the TV off, then I threw the remote control away.

"Hey… easy… what's happening?"

"First lock yourself in one place for three months and then you'll see what will happen to you."

"It can't be that bad," He finally made his way to me and sat down.

I more felt it than saw it. I was avoiding his eyes.

"Chloe… what is it?"

"You left me here for so long…"

"I needed to get better first, remember?"

"And how long it took you?"

"Ehm… like a week…"

"That was three weeks ago, Lex…"

"Ok, I'll be honest with you. It's because what happened between us back then."

I finally dared to look at him. He was staring at the floor.

"What's the big deal?"

"I don't want to use you." He looked at me.

"You know what? You're too late. Somebody else already did that." I was referring to Clark. He was my best friend but he'd used me so many times… not in sexual matter, of course not, but… emotionally. He'd wanted me, than he'd changed his mind… and I'd still wanted to be his friend. I still couldn't let go…

"Meaning… Clark?" Lex asked studying my face.

"How did you know that?"

"It's not easy to guess… beside, he's always running after Lana Lang…" Then… I didn't even know what pushed me to that but suddenly I took his face in my hands and kissed him.

This time he didn't back away, he kissed me with whole passion and I felt his tongue touching mine…

I sighed deeply with pleasure.

"Chloe… I don't want to use…" he whispered between our kisses.

"I'm eighteen in a couple of weeks…" I answered while straddling his laps.

He raised himself up so I entwined my legs over his waist like a monkey and let him took me to the bedroom.

I was through with waiting for Clark.

Lex laid me on the bed and took the shirt off me… I dared to do what I'd wanted to do three weeks ago… I unbuttoned his shirt and took it off stroking his chest. God, he had a great build…

"Are you…" he suddenly stopped just when he was about to take off my bra.

"Does it bother you?" I asked him.

"No, as long as it doesn't bother you."

"Does it look like it bothers me?" I giggled.

"You just love sparing with words, don't you?" he laughed and I was finally half naked.

I gasped when he touched my breast and nuzzled my nipples… I was so wet… of course it'd happened to me before but never been so intense…

First time with Lex Luthor, who would've thought? Every girl would like to be in my place right now…

When I felt his lips over my nipples I sighed so loudly that he smiled again and started kissing me.

Then, he slid his hand down my stomach… finally puttin it into my pants.

"Oh…" I whispered opening my mouth widely. It felt so good… and it the same time so bad… because I desired him so badly… the fore play was getting painful because it meant waiting and waiting…

I pulled myself up and reached to his pants trying to take it off as soon as I could.

"Somebody's getting impatient," he smiled helping me with that.

Before I could notice he was standing by my side… completely naked…

I'd never wondered if I'd been shy but I guessed not that much… I reached out my hand and took his cock in it.

"Dirty girl…" he whispered and bent over to kiss me while I was sliding my hand on his cock up and down…

He pushed me onto the bed so I found myself lying on it again. Then, he took the pants off me and laid on me.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Just stop talking, Luthor," I told him smiling to him.

"As you wish, Sullivan… if we're suddenly calling each other by our surnames…" He gently started getting inside of me…

The feeling was… well… weird at first… but… I felt my muscles somewhere down there pulsing… Yes, I was completely ready.

Then, I felt pain. I knew it would come eventually, everyone felt it during the first time so I just had to endure it until it went away.

I winced.

"Are you ok?" he asked me and stopped.

"Yes…" I assured him. "Let's do this…"

He pushed further and then started moving inside of me, getting in and out but very gently and slowly.

"Oh God…" I sighed because I finally felt the pleasure.

"Is that good?" he asked me, panting.

"I can see you holding off, just give me what you've got. It doesn't hurt anymore… it's great…"

So, he'd listened.

"Oh… My… God… LEX!" He was pumping into me and I felt like I was getting… higher and higher… in ecstasy… my muscles were clenching over his cock and I raised my hips to meet him again and…

We came. He right after me.

Then, he fell on the bed right by my side.

"That was… amazing…" I whispered breathing heavily.

"You're good, Sullivan," he said while still breathing heavily. "Very good."

"That's a compliment like for the first time..."

"Exactly…" He smiled and bent over to kiss me again.

Suddenly, I felt too naked. I didn't know why. Maybe because I didn't really know him that well…

I covered myself with a blanket.

I'd just had sex with Lex Luthor.

Did I feel something for him? I had no idea.

All I was sure of was that we had chemistry.

But I'd been alone in this house for over a month. I desperately needed somebody so maybe that was the reason why I'd done it? I had no regrets, I just didn't know how I felt toward him exactly.

"Lex…" I found myself saying.

"Yes?"

"Can we… keep it a secret?"

"What?" Did I just hear some disappointment in his voice?

"Yes… I want to keep it a secret…" I decided. "No one can know."

"Well… of course that no one can know."

"Really?"

"Yes, you're not eighteen yet."

"Oh… that…"

Then, he left and… the next time I saw him he came to take me away. Not to Lionel's trial. It was too early for that. To Metropolis. I wanted to stay there, I had enough of this house. No one would find me, everybody was sure I was dead.

I stared to think if I'd make the right decision about asking Lex for hiding the truth. I had the impression that I'd hurt him with that somehow. He never mentioned what had happened between us again… and when I got brave enough and wanted to talk to him about it… I was kidnapped.

Clark found me and that was it.

No more Lex Luthor. No occasion for talking.

I was back in my old world and I thought that my feelings toward Clark came back too…

Now I was lying in my bed. Lex was sleeping in the room across the hallway.

I was thinking whether it would've turned out differently if I'd had the guts to admit that we'd shared that intimate moment and enjoyed it.

Maybe I would've been Lex's girlfriend… wife… maybe I would've been dead by now… Lex was evil after all…

The decision I'd make was the best one, I was sure of it.

When Clark had come back to my life I'd never really have time to think about what could had happened. What could had been between me and Lex and then… Lana had appeared in the picture… and in my picture? Jimmy… Oliver…

All dead now.

Maybe there was always something there, between me and Lex? I could felt it even now…

Maybe I'd kept denying it because of my loyalty toward Clark?

And where had it led me?

I'd lost everybody I'd loved…

And now I had Lex on my head… again…

TrinityR
27th December 2011, 13:39

TrinityR
30th December 2011, 15:24
Interested what would happen in Lex was disinherited by Lionel permamently? (reffering to the episode "Prodigal" S2). Check up new story: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8659-DISINHERITANCE-Lex-Chloe-nc17-UPADATED-29.12.11?p=276059#post276059

CHAPTER 8 I CAN FINALLY BE BRAVE ENOUGH

When I opened my eyes and remembered the whole previous day, I got scared. I'd finally admitted what I'd been afraid to admit for so long and how would it affect my relations with Lex now? What would I feel when I would see him this morning? I was scared of the answer.

All my life I'd been and I still was loyal to Clark and he'd been the reason why it hadn't worked out between me and Lex in the first place. After I'd 'come back from the dead' I'd completely given myself up to Clark, not in the way I would've probably liked but to our friendship. This friendship had been always so important to me that I couldn't had let go of it. If that meant suffering, broken heart and all of those stuff… I hadn't cared, I'd been ready for that pain just to be there for him.

So many years of total and complete devotion… I couldn't back out on Clark. He was still my friend but it was different now. All those romantic feelings I'd had toward him were gone for so long… now it was only friendship although he was the only good and constant thing in my life. I couldn't lose him.

I had no idea when exactly I'd stopped caring about him that way… I guess… after I'd met Jimmy? Or maybe not… I was pretty sure that the time when I'd passed him had come when Oliver had appeared in my life.

How screwed up was I? I'd been married and the man I'd been married to had been killed by the man who couldn't had accepted the fact that I would've never loved him. Then, when I'd finally thought I could be happy again… it'd happened all over… Ollie had died.

And now I was thinking about LEX? I couldn't even go there! Earlier before I hadn't known that all my relationships would end so badly but now… THIS ONE would certainly end like that.

I sighed and got up.

I hit the shower and when I dressed up I went downstairs.

"Oh… you're already up," I said instead of 'good morning' to Lex who was sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Good morning, Chloe." He smiled to me and turned the TV off. "I had difficulties with sleeping."

"Really?" I bobbed my eyebrows. "After so much of alcohol I was sure you would be sleeping like a baby."

"Well… I wasn't…" he sighed. "It was so strange… I mean… I have no memories so my dreams are weird. Like a lot of blurry stains and some buzz in the background. Nothing concrete. It's all gone. Just shattered remains."

"I'm sorry…" I yawned. "Sorry…" This time I was apologizing for the yawning what made him laugh. "I'll try to do something about that. Are you hungry? Let's make some breakfast."

"Ok." He stood up.

"First, I need corrected," I decided. "Then, let's have breakfast."

"It's fine by me."

"I'm a coffee lover."

"So, I see."

"I used to be a reporter and coffee was the only thing that kept me going."

"Used to? What happened?" he asked.

"Well… you fired me," I answered.

"Excuse me?"

It was really funny to watch his face right now. He was so confused.

"Yeah, you owned the Daily Planet and when I pissed you off, you fired me."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I turned out alright beside… now you're not the exact same person I used to know. It's so confusing..."

"You told me I was myself."

"You are but without… all those bad things that happened to you… all those things you've done… it's like tabula rasa. I like you now. I think I like you more than I ever liked you and I would like you to stay that way." Jeez, I was telling him too much. Could I deny how I felt in his presence? Could I ignore the obvious tension between us?

"I'm sorry but I will have to disappoint you, I need to know everything about myself. I need to have my memories back."

So damn persistent!

"We'll see if you can," I sighed.

Don't look at me like that, your eyes are so… deep… I thought. I could sink in them.

Then, I heard my phone ringing.

Oh thank God for that!

Lex was closer to the table so he reached for it and looked on the screen.

"Clark's calling… who's Clark?" He was just about to pick it up.

"Give it to me!" I yelled and jumped to him taking the phone from him.

He looked at me surprised.

"I'm sorry… I didn't want to…"

"It's ok… you could… go and make some coffee…" I pointed the kitchen. "I need to take that."

He listened so, I picked up the phone.

"Hey, stranger," Clark said joyfully. "Lois told me you left Smallville. Everything's alright?"

"Yeah, it's fine, I needed to be alone but as you can tell… not in Smallville."

"I see… I've told you it wasn't a very good idea."

"I had to see for myself."

"Do you want me to come over or…?"

"No!" I said too quickly. "I mean… I still need to be alone, Clark. It's very nice of you to be concerned about me but… I'll come back when I'm ready and I'll call you when I want to, ok?"

"Ok, so I see you're not very happy that I called… I just…"

"I know. You've been worried about me. You're worried about the whole world."

"Yeah, Lex is still out there somewhere, hiding. I wonder why…"

"Yeah… me too… I just got up and I really need coffee so…"

"Call me!"

"I will…" I hung up.

I hoped he wasn't suspecting anything and I would not see him in this house in the next hour.

I turned my phone off and went to the kitchen.

"Wow…" I said when I saw that Lex was not only making coffee but he'd already prepared breakfast. "How did you do it so fast?"

"I just put a lot of things from the fridge on the table. That was no work at all," he winked at me.

God, I could get used to that Lex.

And then, when I was watching him in the kitchen – pretty unusual sight because he'd always had servants for that – with that black glove still on his right hand...

It struck me.

"What happened?" he asked me when he finally sat by me. "Chloe? What happened? You look… disturbed."

"It's all my fault," I finally whispered.

"What?"

"It's all my fault," I repeated a little louder looking into his eye. I remembered those eyes watching me when they'd been hazed from ecstasy…

"What is your fault?" he asked leaning over the table to me.

I couldn't breathe… he even smelt the same… God, I forgot how much I'd loved the way he'd smelt back when I'd been hiding… cologne and something else… something that was only his.

"You were made that way because of me," I said.

"I don't understand. You killed me?"

"No…" I bit my lower lip. "Ok, what I'm going to tell you may hurt you and you may be angry with me but please, just listen until I finish."

"I'm listening."

"You were killed by my… dead husband."

He was watching my face for a while without saying a word and then…

"Excuse me?"

"I mean… we weren't together back there, me and my husband… he killed you… blew up the van you were in… he thought that you were so evil that… he would do the world a favor… I was the one who brought him back from that dark times in his life… when he got better and realized what he'd done… he was finally a better man but I want you to know that he always regretted what he'd done to you… he died a few weeks ago…"

"I see… but… how that makes you the one to blame?"

"That went well… you're not mad at me…" I was relieved.

"For what? Marrying my killer? Come on. He's dead. I'm alive and without my memories… I have just the fact with no emotions. It's not like I can do something about that. I can't even meet the man."

"I am the one to blame because I think I was the one who pushed you away when you needed somebody like me the most."

"I don't understand," he admitted wrinkling his forehead.

"I pushed you away when you were still a good person because I was scared what might've happened with us."

"I thought you said we weren't together that way."

"We never had any relationship. Just an episode."

"A small episode?" he almost laughed. "That's it?"

"Two small episodes, actually, but yes, that's it."

"Don't worry. You are not guilty of anything."

"If you remembered… if you remembered the time when it happened… when you lost your friends… when your father was in jail… you were all alone. All you had were money and power but that's never happiness, Lex."

"It's better than not having it."

He was so close… not even mad at me… how could he?

Because he was a tabula rasa, that was the real pure Lex with no burden on his shoulders, something told me, that was the real him.

"You could be so wonderful... such a wonderful person… if only you were raised by different people…" I sighed. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

He was strangely quiet…

I wanted to kiss her so badly… I wanted to have her so badly… but how could I? If she knew what was hidden under that black glove and under the clothes I was wearing she would run away…

I needed to keep myself straight.

But it was so hard.

All those things she'd been saying to me… it was terrifying but yet I didn't care about them so much like I cared about her at the moment.

I would give everything up just to be a normal man with her.

I would stop pursuing the truth, I would give up all my memories that I wanted to restore just to be normal, just not to have those scars all over my body, just to be with her.

"Lex?" I asked. "Are you alright?"

He didn't answer.

I could notice some longing, yearning… for something he could never had. What was it all about?

"You know I always considered myself brave," I started all over again. "I overcame the feelings I'd been having for my best friend just to stay being his friend… it took a lot of effort, heartbreaks and pain but I did it and we're still close now. For better and worse. He thinks I'm one of the bravest people he knows but it's not true. I was never brave enough. I could've stopped denying those feelings I'd been having later for you and just let you in but I didn't. I was too afraid that I might've lost all my friends and also you in the end. I was too afraid that you would've been the bad one later. Sometimes it's even easier to deny some feelings like I did with those toward you and toward my friends than to accept them and do something about it… If I did… it could've all worked out differently…" I was right. Maybe Clark would've never have to suffer over Lana's lost? Maybe she would've never been with Lex in the first place. Maybe Oliver and Jimmy would've never died… Maybe Davis wouldn't have even appeared in my life… Maybe Lois wouldn't have been with Clark right now… Maybe Lionel wouldn't have died… maybe Lex wouldn't have killed him…

One simple choice.

Just to have enough courage to do this.

Lex was still silent.

I was abashed.

"Look at yourself now… you're a killer… you died and cloned yourself… you were brought back by some evil force… maybe this is the time to make it all right. To straighten things up."

"What did you just say?" he finally spoke.

"What?" I looked at him and got perplexed. Did I just… Fuck!

"You just said that I am a killer." He leaned back in his chair. "What did you mean? Who did I kill?"

"I… I… I told you before that you weren't exactly saint…"

"Not being a saint doesn't mean being a killer. Who did I kill?" he stood up demanding an answer. "That is why you were acting so strangely last night! I know I told you I didn't want to know anything more… it was too much, but now… I need to know!"

"Lex… I…"

"If you started… please finish," he just said with his normal voice again, supported his hands on the table and bent over to me.

"I… you…" I swallowed. "Promise me you'll stay the same…"

"I can't promise you anything anymore."

"You killed… you father," I finally spoke and his face couldn't get any paler in that moment.

He slowly moved back straightening himself up.

"He was worse than you ever was… I know there's no justification but I know that you had some remorse..."

"Some remorse," he snorted looking at me. "Some?" He raised his eyebrows.

"You killed him because he was standing in your way. Then, few weeks later you almost died."

"And then the van I was inside of was blown up," he finished after me.

"Yes, that what happened."

"I see… so, your husband was right after all… I deserved it."

"Nobody deserves to die, even the worst ones. If we killed everybody who's done something bad… we would be nothing more than them."

"I am a monster. Why did I even come back?"

"Your father brought you back."

"You just said I killed him… don't make me crazy."

"You already believe in supernatural, why wouldn't you believe in the existence of the other dimension when we're all in there but as different people?"

"Am I there too?"

"You're dead there."

"Fantastic!"

"But your father got to this world and brought you back. He's given up his life… literally his heart to you… so you would raise again."

"I killed him and he gave me life in return?" he rose his eyebrows again. "Chloe… are you writing some crazy science fiction book and using me to be your lab rat?"

"No, it's all true."

God! Her face couldn't be more honest in this moment… how was that possible?

"This world is seriously…"

"I know. Tell me about it," I sighed.

"Why would my father do something like that for me if I killed him?"

"Well… you killed the other version of him, he was even worse than you. He raised you but never really loved you, maybe he thought he did but a father who loves his son doesn't act like that. He was pushing you over the edge, wanted to make you strong, he didn't want you to be weak or full of emotions. He wanted to make you hard…"

"To make me… him?"

"Exactly. If you don't believe me, go see in the Net. Just type Lionel Luthor."

"Thanks but I think I had enough and... I lost my appetite."

He walked right by me and disappeared in the hall.

"Lex!"

"Leave me alone!" He ran upstairs.

"Lex!" I couldn't abandon him in that moment.

"LEX!" I got to his room. "I screwed up all over again. I'm sorry!"

"No!" He turned to me. "You did the right thing! You finally did what I'd asked you for! You told me the truth!"

"I didn't want to tell it… like this."

"It's too late now. You were right. How can I be a better person if… what I know it's enough to break me. Even without my memories I don't think I can ever be better."

"You can… let me help you!"

"You can't!"

"Didn't you hear what I said to you about my feelings?"

"Even if you had some feelings toward me… it will be all gone in a second! Maybe they are already gone!"

"No, they are still there and I'm really tired of denying it." Maybe that was what I needed to do? To be finally brave enough? Not to hold myself back anymore?

"Maybe they are but in a second… they will be gone! Chloe, I'm a monster inside and now I'm even a monster on the outside!"

I was so angry. I didn't care anymore. I just wanted her to hate me, not to feel sorry for me, I wanted her to despise me. To just confirm that I was evil.

I reached to my glove, took it off and dropped it on the floor with fury.

"See who I am?" he yelled to me throwing the glove on the floor. "See for yourself! I'm nothing more than an ugly villain! Just like a villain from some childish fairytale!" Then, he ripped his shirt open.

I was standing there, watching him.

I saw his hand… it was like he had no skin on it or… like it got burned…

Then, I looked at his chest and saw the awful scars where his body had been brought together from clones' body parts.

All I could feel was compassion. No disgust. Just compassion.

"Don't look at me like that!" he yelled. "Don't you try to feel sorry for me! Show me what you're really thinking! Show me that you're disgusted! Come on! Hit me with your best shot!"

"I am not," I just said.

He looked at me perplexed.

"What?" he asked in surprise. "How can…"

"You really thought I would care? It's you, Lex and I can be finally brave enough."

"Brave enough to do what?"

"This."

I ran to him and took his face in my hands.

Then, I crashed my lips against his.

TrinityR
3rd January 2012, 17:49
CHAPTER 9 I WISH YOU REMEMBERED ME

"What are you doing?" Lex put his hands on my shoulders and pushed me away keeping me at his arm's length.

I looked up on his face to see how confused and full of conflict he was at the moment.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Chloe…" When had I started loving the way he was saying my name? I could listen to his voice forever. "I don't think it's a good idea," he looked deep into my eye.

"How come? I can see that you're doing everything in your power not to show me how much you actually want me… it's ok… I want you too…" I couldn't not notice the obvious budge in his pants. He did want me.

"It's not that… Firstly… I don't want you to see me like this… I just showed you my chest and my hand and the rest… it won't get any better."

"I can see that everything's on its right place and working properly," I smiled to him.

Lex sighed and took his hands off me.

"I understand your willingness to see past my body but I also realize that the other reason why you're doing this is because of guilt so, please, stop torturing me," he admitted turning his back on me.

I wouldn't give up so easily.

"Lex…" I reached my hands to him to put it around his chest from the back. "Your body isn't ugly, it's beautiful and you know why? Because what happened to you… it's a miracle. You came back… to me…" Those last words came out as a choke.

He didn't say anything so, I continued:

"There's nothing from guilt in my actions," I reassured him tracing my way down his chest, down his stomach and I stopped just by the pants he was wearing. I could feel his heart beating too fast while he inhaled the air deeply into his lungs. "I'm doing it because I want to. I know that I've told you that it's my fault… that everything that happened to you was my fault… not totally but I had my part in it. With me by your side you would've never had to go through all of this that happened to you… now, it's in the past and I'm looking forward into the future. Before you reappeared in my life I'd been a ghost, living, breathing ghost. I'd even lost my friend who'd got into a relationship with my cousin and I'd felt like the third wheel. I cannot deny that I didn't feel scared when I saw you in that cave and I cannot hide from you the fact that I wasn't ok with the idea of you coming back to my life with no memories… I was constantly afraid that you would remember something that would turn you against me and finally we're here. I want you. I need you, Lex. If you leave me now… then I'm alone again and I have no purpose to live on."

He turned back to me, his face worried.

"Chloe…" he whispered and stopped for a moment. That whisper made me shiver. I loved the sound of his voice. When had it happened? When had I fallen for him all over again? "How can you feel something for me if I killed my own father?"

"You regretted it."

"But I'm still the one who did it."

"I still feel for you because I knew you back in the times where you were so good and sweet and you wanted to fight your destiny so badly. You were willing to do anything in your power not to become Lionel. I know you better than you know yourself right now, do you realize that?"

"I still cannot have sex with you. This belongs to the past. Now I…"

"Why can't you have sex?" I bobbed my eyebrows and put my hand on his crouch. "I can certainly tell you that you can." Some devil must got into me because I was so brave in that moment.

"Well, I'm capable of that, of course, but… I don't want any woman, especially you, to see me like this." He was obviously doing everything he could to stop himself from thrusting himself on me.

"Oh my God." I took my hand away. "You know what? You're acting like some narcissistic, self-centered type who cares only about how he looks. Hello? You spent your whole life… well, almost whole… being bald and it didn't bother you… well… it did but you learnt how to transfer that into your strength, not your weakness so, stop acting like an ass and let me take care of you."

I looked at his face seeing deep emotions on it.

"Lex… what is it?" My tone was more subtle now. "Are you ok?"

"I don't really want to cry right now but you just made me feel like crying and I'm a strong grown up man."

"And you are Lex Luthor, you don't cry," I noticed almost smiling.

"Exactly… and I'm tired of resisting such a beautiful, georgeus woman like you." He put his hands on my face brushing it gently and then he finally kissed me.

While kissing him with my whole heart I started sliding my hands through his chest again and soon explored it all. I still loved it, he had nothing to be afraid of. I would never be disgusted by the way he looked.

Somebody once said that it was the inside what we loved, not the outside, it was proven right once more but in the same time it made me scared… did I really love Lex Luthor? Did I love his inside? Right now – of course yes, he was so pure... he was like the Lex I'd met long time ago in Smallville... but what if he would remember… what then? Would I still love him? I was too scared of the answer because deep down inside I knew I'd always loved him but never admitted it. I'd loved Ollie and I'd loved Jimmy but the feelings I'd had toward Lex had always been there. I'd just suppressed them because it'd been so wrong while being Clark's best friend, while being on the side of the good, not the evil.

Right now I didn't care, I put all my doubts aside, I was so lonely that it didn't matter to me anymore what was wrong or right. I lived in the moment.

I moved my lips lower and kissed Lex's chin, then I traced my way down through his neck and chest… he hissed when I kissed his scars with no revolt and finally lowered his pants down to gain access to his cock that had been alive for the last few minutes.

When I took it into my hands and then into my mouth gently stroking it through its length… Lex moaned deeply… I put my tongue around it and obviously, he loved it.

In some strange and bizarre way the fact that he had no recollection of ever having sex made me think… he was like a virgin.

Who would ever think that Chloe Sullivan would have to teach Lex Luthor how to give each other that basic sexual pleasure?

I felt him getting even more harder and heard his panting…

Soon enough he was so close to…

"It's ok, Lex," I stopped for a while to say that. "You can come in my mouth if you want," I smiled to him and got back to my job.

He did and then he took another deep breath when I stood up.

"Ok, now I think I deserve some good time," I told him taking his hand and leading him toward the bed. "Do you know what to do?"

"I think so…" he answered looking at me in a way…

I felt the hotness inside and outside of me… I was burning up. He desired me, wanted me and I almost forgot how good it felt when you were wanted.

I laid on the bed and Lex soon found himself lying on me, kissing me again while taking off my clothes.

My whole body shivered with sweet anticipation when he finally took off my bra and touched my breast playing with my nipples.

"Oh wow… you know, you're doing pretty well…" I sighed with pleasure and moaned when he kissed it and then licked.

"I think it's instinct…" he whispered and sucked my right nipple while playing with the other one using his fingers.

"Yeah…" I panted. "Definitely… nobody never taught animals how to do this… and somehow... they do."

He soon moved downwards pulling my panties down and when I spread my legs he found himself between my tights licking my pussy and playing with my clit while using his tongue.

"Oh God… Lex…"

"I like it," he said stopping for a while, "the way you're calling my name…"

"Just don't stop…" I yearned writhing with his tongue inside of me. "I can't wait any longer… let's do it already…" I added when he slid his fingers inside of me. "I mean… if you can so soon…"

"Baby… of course I can…" he said faking to be a little offended and his face soon was just over mine. He was kissing me with all his force and passion, our tongues entwined, we were panting into each other's mouths and were so hot…

Then, he slowly slid himself into me and I felt my inner muscles clenching over him rhythmically.

"Oh, I feel that once won't be enough for me…" I said having my first orgasm almost immediately.

"That's even better…" he said wincing his face. "God, it feels so fucking good!"

"I know!" I had to admit that. It was surprising but… that was like the best sex of my life. Even Ollie hadn't managed to give me an orgasm seconds after entering me… I'd always had great sex with him but with Lex… it was like going to heaven and hell in the same time… too good.

"Oh fuck…" he panted when he started moving faster.

"I know!"

After couple of minutes I screamed through my second climax.

Then, I heard his growl and he also came.

"Chloe… I…"

"Don't say it," I warned him.

"How do you know what I was going to say?" he asked crashing on the bed right beside me.

"You wanted to say that you loved me but I don't buy it in bed. Guys always say stuff like that after having sex."

"Oh really, and who makes you an expert?"

"I'm sure I have more experience here than you," I noticed. "Since you don't remember all your sexual partners."

"Were there a lot?" he asked teasing me. "Are you jealous?"

"I don't know how many you had because, believe me, I had much more important and exciting things to do than monitoring your sex life."

He laughed and supported himself on his elbow to look at my face, he kissed me again.

"I think you're the best."

"You don't remember," I suddenly saddened.

"Hey… I don't have to remember to know it." He brushed my face with his hand. "What is it? Why are you being so worried?"

"I wished you remembered me," I confessed. "Only me, I don't care about anything else, I want you to have all the memories of me. I want to know what you were thinking about me back then… in the very beginning and later just before you died… I would give up a lot to know that."

"You don't have to…" he said looking deeply into my eyes. "I don't have to know to feel," he reassured me and kissed me again. Then, he laid down. "I'm so tired…"

"Men are usually sleepy after sex and you didn't get much sleep last night…" I noticed snuggling into his cut body.

In the daylight the scares were very visible… he had them almost on his every joint. They were red but smooth.

"Still doesn't bother you?" he asked me with his sleepy voice.

"No… never…"

I was watching him while he was sleeping… I knew I could do a lot in that time but I just couldn't go. I wanted his face… his body… to sink into my mind. I wanted him all and had no boundaries right now. Maybe I'd been vulnerable and that was the reason why it'd taken me such a short period of time to give him access to my heart… but it was too late anyway… I could just hope for the future… that it would be much better... this time.

There was also no point in denying our relations and encounters from the past anymore. As reluctant as I'd been before, now it was all relevant.

We'd had sex twice in the past.

And when he'd been hiding me from Lionel… that had been just once…

I looked at his closed eyes and went back in time in my head… to relive it all over again…

TrinityR
7th January 2012, 21:45
CHAPTER 10 BACK IN THE CAVE

It was the day of the second meteor shower… I came to Lex's mansion to save Clark. I got there just in time to pull his body away from kryptonite and when he healed himself he was gone.

Then, Lex entered.

"Lex… I was looking for Lana…" I told him the first excuse that came to my mind.

"She's already left," he answered with his usual sharp voice which started becoming angrier and angrier when he discovered the open hidden chamber and lack of element he'd been hiding there.

Of course, it was all Clark but how could I tell him that? I reassured him that I was only looking for Lana and it'd already all been like than when I'd come.

I'd never seen him that angry. I was quite scared of him and didn't know what to do.

Then, he got to me and shook me putting his hands on my arms.

"Who took the element? TELL ME!"

"Lex… I don't know what you're talking about…" I answered with rather shaky voice. I really didn't want to be with him alone right now. Since that time when he'd been hiding me… after all that had happened between us back then… we'd never talked about it. We'd been acting normal like always but I could've sworn that he bore a grudge against me. Maybe it was his offended pride or something else, something more… I didn't really want to think about it. I just wanted to get out of there before he would do something to me or… no, I didn't want to admit that there was still something between us. Chemistry.

"We need to get out of Smallville before the meteor shower hits…" I just wanted to get out of there! Of this room, of this freaking mansion!

"We'll find that stone, Chloe, even if that means dodging a few meteors in process."

I looked at him puzzled and scared in the same time. I needed to get out of there! Away from him!

"Come…" he told me brutally taking my arms and pulling me to the exit.

"Lex… I don't know what you're talking about…" I tried one more time.

He was too strong for me, he was in rage and had resentments toward me. Those weren't my assets.

All the way to the caves I was even scared to breath. I didn't know what he was going to do to me but suddenly… my own reaction scared me. I didn't care anymore. When I was around him I felt save and it didn't matter that it had no sense at the time when he was angry with me and when the meteor shower was about to hit.

"You know as well as I do! It's the epicenter!" he said harshly when we got there.

"Of WHAT?" I finally raised my voice. Why was he so stubborn? Why hadn't he said anything if he'd thought that we… oh, Chloe, stop, that's just pointless!

"COME ON, CHLOE! You're the town expert of all things unexplained. You know damn well about this cave and those stones!" He was acting crazy, like a lunatic.

"Lex, what's wrong with you?" I asked him making a step closer.

He also made his way to me.

"If you didn't break into my library…" he put his hands on my shoulders once more and shook me, "you know who did. Who are you trying to protect?"

Our faces were so close right now that I held my breath. What was happening? …again.

He suddenly stopped talking and accusing me of everything and just looked me in the eye.

Then, he did something I really didn't expect.

He shook me again but this time to pull me closer to crash his lips against mine.

I didn't even realize that a long muffled moan of pleasure came out of my mouth.

He pushed me toward the wall and soon enough I felt the rocky and definitely uncomfortable cave wall right against my back. I didn't care, it could be painful, it didn't matter. I just wanted to find myself there again, with him.

We were acting like in some kind of trance, burning with desire we'd been hiding deep inside for so long now…

He took his lips from mine and started devouring my skin, exactly, devouring, then he got back to my lips and slid his hands under my shirt.

I didn't even have the time to think about what was happening between us, all over again.

He wasn't the same Lex who'd been hiding me over a year ago, he'd changed and what more – he'd changed not for the better but worse.

He was making me scared of him yet I was the one kissing him and unzipping his flies right now.

He quickly took my pants off and second after that he got inside of me with one quick motion while uttering a powerful groan of pleasure.

I couldn't stop him, it was too good… I surrendered panting while he was fucking me. The cave wall was painfully grazing my skin but who cared?

Then, I felt like I was flying… I could feel like that only with Lex so far… such a pity that we didn't match…

The orgasm ran though my body and shortly after that he came too.

"Oh my God…" I sighed covering my face with my hands while he backed out and zipped his pants up.

"Chloe…" he started when I finally put my clothes back on. "I…"

"Don't you say anything…" I warned him. I started thinking very hard. What now? "And so far for 'it's never happened'," I finally added.

"Do you really want to play that again?!" he raised his voice, his anger was back.

I didn't have to answer that because some illuminating light burst from the passage right next to us.

"What's that?" Lex finally took his attention off me remembering what was the real reason that we'd come here. He made a step toward that light.

"Be careful, it might be dangerous!" I told him and pushed him away using all my strength.

He hit his head on the cave wall and laid unconscious…

And that had been it, I thought while lying next to him, watching him sleeping. That had been all.

I'd run away again, I hadn't even given him the chance to tell me what it'd been he'd wanted… no chance… it was obvious that I'd pushed him on that wall because I'd been protecting Clark's secret but I hadn't come back to Lex after the meteor shower. I'd never talked to him about what had happened. Maybe it'd been a mistake but it was too late to fix it now. I could only look forward. I finally became that brave woman I'd always wanted to be and right now… Lex was here, in bed with me.

I smiled and stroked his head again.

I was happy. I knew there was so much in front of us yet but, for now, the life was good again.

He moved and then, opened his eyes.

"Oh, hey there," he smiled. "Did I fall asleep?" he asked me pulling me closer to him and kissing me.

"Yes, you did. You were pretty tired, you know… after…"

The smile just didn't want to fade away from his face.

"What do you say for… remake?" he asked with fire in his eyes.

"Don't even have to ask…" I said and sat on him. "Ready to try something new?"

"With you? Always."

"Let's go outside!"

After having sex again we'd taken a bath together and eaten something afterwards.

"Good idea, I could use some fresh air," he admitted.

I was in fantastic mood, didn't even remember when had been the last time I'd felt like that. Before Ollie's death? No. Before the whole apocalypse thing? Then, I realized how hard life had been for me back then and why? Because of Clark. It'd been enough to just get away from him for a while and everything was normal again, I could appreciate the pleasure of normality, even the strange normality with Lex in my bed, life without scaring about tomorrow, life without the constant fear that one of my friend would die, that something would go wrong and the world would end…

Being Clark's friend was difficult, I knew that but even though, I would've never turned my back on him.

What didn't mean I didn't deserve a solid break after all of these years, right?

"Chloe, what bothers you?" Lex asked studying my face and taking me in his arms.

"Nothing… just… life…" I stammered. "Hey… look… you're not wearing your glove," I smiled to him.

"Well… I didn't find time to put it back on since we went straight to the kitchen from the bathroom. Don't worry though, I will have it on if we go somewhere public."

Somewhere public, this gave me the chilies.

"What?"

"I just… I wish you could stay in hiding forever. With me," I admitted my bravest dream.

"Chloe… I had the impression that you were a realist. Why would you… Are you afraid that I might do something wrong?" he asked me. "Don't you trust me?"

"I do, I just… I just can't totally adjust to this new you."

"Well, you will have to because I don't think there is a cure."

"I don't think that either, I'm sorry."

"And even if there was… you still wouldn't use it on me, would you?"

"Would you like to be the old you?" I answered with a question. "Because I wouldn't."

"Our life experiences make us the way we are," he said. "I don't know the answer to your question yet and who knows… maybe I never will."

We were strolling a while and then I turned to him pushing him gently on the stone wall of Oliver's residence and taking his face in my hands, kissing him.

"Auch…" he hissed.

"What happened?" I wrinkled my forehead. "How could I hurt you with a kiss?"

"You didn't…" He turned to the wall and extracted something out of it. It was a small kryptonite. "I just cut my finger on it but it's fine." He looked at his hand. "You see? No blood. What is it exactly?"

"It's a meteor rock. Ollie must have brought some here in the past but I have no idea why it's on the wall…" Maybe it was a part of it? I never brought Clark here so I couldn't be sure it there were any more kryptonites around.

"You sure you're fine?" I asked with care in my voice.

"Yeah…"

"You know what… I'll go home, you wait a couple of minutes and then come to find me," I suggested smiling to him.

"And what will I get for this?" he teased me.

"A reward…"

"What kind of a reward?"

"You would have to come and find out," I giggled and ran back to the building.

I was watching her going back in and couldn't believe my own luck. Who would think that it could've happened? Me and Chloe… Me with all my scares and flaws, not only the visible external ones but also those inside of me too. So what that I had no memories when she knew? She knew it all.

My head suddenly started aching… what… I winced my face putting my hands to it…

Then it came. Like a storm.

I was in the Torch.

Chloe got inside.

"Mr Luthor," she smiled to me putting her bag aside.

There was someone else in the room too but I could not tell who. That was about me and Chloe only.

"It's Lex," I smiled getting closer to her and reaching my hand out. She shook it.

"...your meteor theory. I like it," I smiled.

I had the impression that there was something before to say… some name? I had no idea what kind of a name…

I only saw Chloe…

Then, I found myself in the mansion.

My mansion? Chloe mentioned that I had one once…

I was inside, drinking whiskey.

The pain was abrupt and sharp. I could feel my throat clenching, something inside of me burning its way from my mouth to my stomach… drilling inside of me… I couldn't breath...

I fell down crashing on the glass table but the cuts on my back were nothing compared to this agony I've been going through…

Chloe… I had to save her… if not me… then who? What would happen to her?

That was the last thought in mind before passing out…

TrinityR
11th January 2012, 19:06
CHAPTER 11 IT'S COMING BACK TO ME NOW...

I woke up in a hospital.

I was so confuse… why was I here? What happened?

And then, when I tried to swallow I remembered. I still felt my throat painfully swollen, still had difficulties with breathing but I was alive.

Then, I thought about Chloe.

How long had I been out? What happened? Who had done that to me? Was she save?

I tried to get up but I was connected to a drip so I just pressed the button to call for a nurse.

She came to me quickly.

"Mr Luthor, you're awake!" There was a surprise in her voice.

"I…" I hoarsed but stopped. One simple word brought so much pain… no, I needed to say something, I needed to ask about everything, it didn't matter that it hurt so badly. "I need… to get… out of here…" I managed to say while wincing my face with pain.

"You need to stay in bed and recover," she said coming to me and reaching her hand to my drip.

"No…" I denied because I knew she was going to give me some morpheme and it would just make it all worse. I had to be awake now.

"I don't understand you, Mr Luthor. You survived a deadly amount of poison. We have no idea how, but the fact is that you have. You need to stay in bed. You're not well yet! Do you realize that we have to keep purifying your blood at least one time every 24 hours?"

"How long have I been here?" I suddenly got scared. What if it was too late to save her? "I need to be somewhere…" I tried to sit.

"Stop…"

"Call for my doctor and I'll sign everything that is required."

"I am your doctor."

"You are?"

"Yes. I'm following your strange orders from the very beginning so maybe it's time you listen to me."

"What orders?"

"You told me not to call your father, what more, I should not call for anybody and let the world thinks you're missing."

"Really? That's good. Pity I don't remember that though."

"You had a fever but you sounded pretty serious. I decided to agree to your demands because you were obviously poisoned. Somebody tried to kill you, Mr Luthor."

"Ok." This time I had to sit. My father had been trying to kill me, that was obvious. "I need my phone, my clothes and… well… you."

"Excuse me?" She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You need to stay in bed! You're not well!"

"That's why I need you, doctor. Not in a way you think, I need you to be by my side and help me in case I feel bad again."

"You ARE feeling bad."

"Doesn't matter… I need to do something…" Hell, my throat was burning up! The same was with my vocal cords but I kept talking anyway. I learnt how to ignore the pain soon enough.

She placed her hand on my forehead.

"What? I don't have a fever anymore!"

"I know… that's surprising me. A normal person wouldn't act like that."

"There is life at stake here!" I screamed and suddenly choked. My hand got to my neck, I caught it while it clenched. I tried to take a deep breath.

"Calm down… you shouldn't be talking, not to mention screaming! Ok, I'll do whatever you want me to do just, calm down… the health of my patient is always the most important thing to me."

"Thank… you…" I breathed heavily. "Do you have… something… for… that?"

"Water and pills… take that too…" She handed me over some inhalator. "It will help to loosen your vocal cords."

"I'm feeling like I had asthma all over again…" I snorted looking at the inhalator.

"Don't worry, it won't be forever. You'll get better very soon. Any chance of getting an answer to a question how is that possible that you're alive? That poison would kill a horse."

"No idea," I answered. "I would appreciate if you take that drip away."

I couldn't go to see Chloe right away, I had to wait one more day because when I got up I almost collapsed. My heart started pounding so fast that I thought I would have a heart attack and I started sweating in the same time.

"Easy…" doctor supported me. "You need to have another treatment, Mr Luthor."

"But I... need… to…"

"If you walk out of here right now, you won't get anywhere, you'll eventually collapse and die, do you understand me?"

"Yes," I sighed. "Do what you have to do…"

I finally get out the next day. I Melinda's number and promised that I would call if something happened. I didn't care about me anyway right now, Chloe was the only thing that mattered. I had to make sure she was alright even for the cost of my own life. She'd been in such trouble because of me, she'd been helping me so I had to return the favor.

On my way over to her something started happening to me again but I told myself that I would manage to get there and come back without any unfortunate surprises.

When I got there I left the car in the right distance so as not to attract any attention. I needed to take every precaution.

I got to the building she was in and started opening up the door what took me a little longer than normal. I obviously didn't feel well.

I walked inside and heard nothing. No sign of anybody living there. Was I already too late? Some dreadful fear run through me. I was already shaking and when add to that…

"Chloe? Are you here?" I asked coming toward the living room.

"LEX!" I heard her exclaim what made me feel so relieved that I had the impression that some huge burden was just taken away from my shoulders. Something heavily dropped on the floor and Chloe thrust herself into my arms almost making me fall back.

Soon, I found myself putting my arms around her while hugging her tightly. Only now I realized how badly I'd missed her.

"I was so scared…" she whispered into my ear making me shiver. It was a whisper of desperation, she needed me, ME – the Luthor. I could save that small and scared creature in the person of the blond eloquent reporter she'd been.

She'd been always so fearful and brave, now she seemed so fragile in my arms.

She let me go and I staggered feeling the dizziness returning.

"Lex… you don't look well… what…"

"Later… Chloe…" I took a deep breath and looked into her eye. "You are officially dead."

I could tell that the shock came back to her when she heard those words but I needed her to understand that, I needed her to comprehend the power of it. She couldn't go out of hiding, at least not until my father would finally be in jail.

And soon after that I couldn't hold myself together anymore. I passed out but managed to tell her who should she call.

Stupid… that was the last word that came to my mind before I lost my consciousness. I'd driven all the way to her save house just to see her, I couldn't had waited until I would've been better. I could've checked if she'd been alright without coming here… but it was too late now…

When I woke up the first thing that came to my mind was, of course, her.

"Chloe?"

She was so relieved when she heard me. I must had scared the hell out of her.

At least she was still save. Everything had orked out as it supposed to.

The day of mistakes, I thought when after our talk we kissed.

Or maybe not? Maybe it was the day when everything started? The day of the new beginning?

I was in pain right now, maybe it was like a birth… and what I felt when I was around her… I couldn't describe it. I'd never felt that way before.

Maybe she was the one, the thought crossed my mind but I pushed it away immediately. She was so young… so vulnerable right now, she needed consolation and the only person she could speak to was me. If we really felt something toward each other we would have to wait until it would all be over to figure it out.

"We can't…" I said then. Shit, I was still shirtless, who had taken my shirt off? Her? Or the doctor? Was she staring? Couldn't I blame her? I was half naked while kissing her!

I stood up and turned round quickly to put it back on. I still didn't feel ok so there was no way that there could be something more between us today than just kissing.

I was too weak, she was too young. Period.

"I better go…" My throat was still hurting, I realized. I hadn't been feeling that pain when she'd been kissing me… was she like a balsam for it? Again, I needed to take my thoughts away from her.

The next time I came back… totally healthy… totally ok… found her there totally alone, bored to death…

It happened. I couldn't help it. We kissed. Maybe I was provoked but I was a man after all, I couldn't restrain myself when she found herself all over me… and add to that those feelings I'd been having toward her… no, I couldn't…

So, I went to bed with her...

…only to hear the most hurtful mix of words afterwards… Can we keep it a secret?

A secret, was I so meaningless to her that she didn't want anybody to know about us? She obviously wasn't looking for a relationship…

Then, I understood it all differently, I thought she wanted to keep it a secret because she was still a minor… but her answer...

Oh… that…
...hurt me even more.

I wanted to talk to her when it would be all over but… somebody… took her away from me. Not in a romantic way, no, he took her away by simply being her friend, by leading her toward the light while I was going further and further into the darkness.

Could anybody blame me? I had no friends, the woman I'd started to love didn't even want me, she preferred friendship with... somebody... than love with me…

Then, the next time we overreacted… happened in the cave…

When I saw her so angry with me, so passionate in the same time… I just had to take her, all that I'd been feeling to her came back when I thought I was finally over her.

And again… was I a fool? How could I be such a fool? How could she love ME - the bad Luthor while having by her side the most powerful… somebody… another blur in my head.

And after we had sex – she knocked me out.

When I woke up she was gone.

I didn't have enough courage to face her… she was obviously reluctant to me and I knew what she would do anyway.

She would hit me in the face and call me a scumbag.

I really didn't want to see the disgust painted on her face. I wanted to remember the ecstasy caused by me… that was much better…

Then boom… all those times I'd been seeing her… I'd been meeting her…

And the final… when she'd found me in that cave…

I finally woke up from this flood of memories of her that appeared in my head.

Had I come back to that cave because somewhere deep inside I'd known what had happened back there between us? Had I wanted to meet her there?

Or there was some much more deeper meaning I couldn't understand just yet?

Why had I remembered just her?

And… the most important question… how had it happened?

I tried to go back in time in my head… what had we been doing just before that?

Then, it struck me.

She'd told me about the meteor rocks… that they'd been giving unusual powers to people living in Smallville… I'd cut my finger on it… maybe…

I found that stone and looked at it.

Nothing, just a simple green stone.

Then, I went all the way and decided to cut myself again.

Nothing, only a little blood and no more memories…

What was the catalyst then?

I'd cut myself while kissing her and… kissing her… maybe I needed to have that contact with her by kissing… interesting… but I wouldn't kiss everybody on the street just to remember… that thought almost made me laugh.

I hid the rock in my pocket and decided to finally go inside and look for her.

I knew she was the one. I knew that with or without my memories, the only fear I'd had before was that if I remembered, my feelings would change…

I'd remembered and they didn't.

"Chloe?" he was getting closer and closer.

I knew it wouldn't take him long. I'd walked into the library and decided to wait for him there.

"There you are!" He finally came and got to me kissing me.

"Mmmm…" I uttered smiling to him.

Suddenly, he turned me so now he was behind me and benefiting the fact that I was wearing a skirt he pulled it up pushing me toward the desk.

"Lex… what are you doing?" I laughed knowing where it would lead us so I supported my hands on the wooden countertop.

"Don't you like it?" he asked straight into my ear what made me shiver.

"Oh, I do…"

Couple of seconds later I felt him on me and then he was inside…

One thing changed though, he'd been gentle before, he'd been making love to me and now… now he was fucking me.

Of course I liked it, I loved it actually, but how could he change so much in a couple of minutes? Maybe he just wanted to experiment. I didn't mind at all.

"Oh… Lex!" I sighed hearing his body banging into mine so clearly... and after uttering some sighs of pleasure we came.

Then, he said something that made me scared… actually… terrified…

"Just like I remember…" he whispered into my ear still having me clenched in his arms, still being inside of me.

I was mortified but after a while I turned round to face him… his eyes…

Everything changed.

"What do you mean?" I found myself squealing, too afraid of an answer.

"What's the matter Chloe?" he cocked his head in surprise. "I thought I heard you saying that you wanted me to remember you, didn't you? Now, your wish has been granted…"

TrinityR
17th January 2012, 20:05
CHAPTER 12 LIKE A FAIRYTALE

I was looking at him, completely horrified and shocked.
"Bb…but… how?" I finally squealed.
He reached to his pocket and showed me the kryptonite.
"This?" It was so new… I had no words, me, the used-to-be-reporter with a huge dictionary in her head, speechless.
He smiled.
"Yes, that, you see… the reason found itself. Nature always finds a way, doesn't it?"
"And… you just… picked it up and then boom… all your memories came back?" I hesitated. I wasn't really sure if I should be scared of him right now or not. What if the evil part of him which seemed to be the dominant one was back?
"No." Frustration ran through his face and I felt a sudden relief. "Only you."
Only me, that really had been what I'd wanted.
"How?"
"I have no idea… I hurt myself on this rock so maybe it triggered something… then I had a physical contact with you… maybe when put it all together… but I really don't see myself walking down the street and kissing everybody I'll encounter." He laughed.
I was feeling the tension slowly running off…
"And… how do you feel about me now?" Amazing how fast could I get from fear to doubt that he might not feel the same while knowing all the details… while remembering all that had happened between us.
"Chloe…" His voice softened and became almost a whisper, he put his hand to my face and looked me deeply in the eye. "Nothing's changed. I still care. I still love you. Now, I just have the bigger perspective…"
"I'm sorry, Lex, I was a coward when it came to us. I guess it was easier to chose friendship over love."
"Friendship?"
"Eee… yes or… I guess it was safer for me to stay away from you."
"Well, we can make up for the lost time now." He kissed me and I let him pull myself closer to his body. Nothing changed. My feelings stayed the same. I needed him and I was really through with worrying about everything that might or might not happen in the near or distant future.
I'd been doing this all my life, I'd been sacrificing myself for everybody, I'd wanted to please everybody and never cared about myself. Now, the time to finally stop came and I could indulge myself into pleasure I craved for.

The near/distant future turned out to happen… the very same day…
When I was in the bathroom I heard my phone ringing but couldn't get out to pick it up.
When I finally got to it I found Lex with it in his hand.
"Lex…"
"Sorry… it woke me up and I instinctively answered," he said.
Well, we'd been sleeping after another sex marathon so I knew he was honest with me.
"Who was that?" I asked trying not to sound too concerned.
"I don't know. They hung up, maybe it was a wrong number."
"Maybe…" I sighed and came back to bed. "So, leave the phone on the table and come over here…" I smiled and kissed him again when he did.
Suddenly, something burst through the door opening them with a huge rumble.
We jumped from each other to see what just happened that scared us so much.
"CLARK?!" I exclaimed covering myself with a sheet so he couldn't see me naked.
"Who?" Lex just asked in confusion and looked at him again.
Clark was just standing there, watching us… his face was so pale that I had the impression it was white… his eyes wide open…
"Ch… Chloe?" He was speechless. He looked at me, then at Lex and at me again.
"Clark… let me explain…" I started while trembling with fear. What would happen now? What would he do? How would he react?
"Who are you?" Lex asked still confused. "What are you doing here and…"
"Clark… wait…" I said and found my robe, put it on and got out of bed. "Lex, please, stay here… I'll be right back."
I had to use all my strength to push Clark out of the room into the corridor.
"What the hell are you doing?!" he yelled at me. "You're sleeping with LEX LUTHOR?!"
"Be quiet… he'll hear you…"
"I don't care… Chloe! He is…"
"I know… but he doesn't remember anything…"
"Ok, I'm listening…" he sighed entwining his arms. "Hurry up before I'll kill him."
"You won't, you're not a killer."
"But he is!"
"He doesn't remember anything and anybody but… me…"
"Chloe… how could you… I… I don't understand… how…"
"Ok, let me explain it to you quickly… there was something… actually… something happened between me and Lex years ago but I never told you, I never told anybody…" I quickly summarized him the most important details and then I told him the truth, I told him exactly what had happened after I'd found Lex in the caves so recently.
"I'm sorry… I can't help it. I deserve to be happy," I finished biting my lip because I wasn't sure what he would do next.
"Chloe, you are… stupid."
"Great. Did you come all the way here to tell me that?" I raised my eyebrows. "I can't fight my feelings all my life."
"Sometimes it's better to do that than suffer later. Don't you remember what happened to Lana? Lionel? Tess?"
"He's different now."
"And what if he remembers?"
"Don't you have your own problems?... Why did you come here anyway? I thought I asked you to leave me alone for a while."
"I called you and Lex picked up."
"You didn't say anything but hung up?"
"Yes… I was sure that he was keeping you here by strength…"
I almost laughed.
"So, you can't imagine how big the shock was when I saw you two… in bed…" he looked down avoiding my eyes.
"I'm sorry that you had to find out that way, Clark, I really am. You have to understand that I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure how and… I was scared of your reaction."
"Do you realize that I've been looking for him ever since he disappeared? Lois's been looking for him!"
"To write a story! That's not fair!"
"He has to come up eventually."
"I know but I was keeping him here to delay it."
Clark sighed heavily and for a moment he hid his face in his hands.
"Chloe, honestly… I have no idea what to do with that."
"What do you mean?"
"How do you imagine your life with him?"
"I… I don't think about the future right now, I'm living in the moment."
"So start thinking about it, it's important, you can't…"
"I can't what exactly? I'm a big girl, Clark. If I promise you that I'll take care of him will you leave him alone?"
"It's wrong… he should be… dead…"
"It was Oliver who killed him, remember?"
"Is it really worth it?"
"You know what?" I suddenly got very angry with him. "I need something in my life just for myself! You have Lois! I have nobody!"
"With Lois…"
"Let me finish! I loved you for a really long time and endured everything for you! You chose Lana, ok, I dealt with that but stayed by your side because your friendship was too important to me than the crush I had. Then, I got over you, I was glad it happened, I really was. I had this small episode with Lex but let it go because I was too scared to admit that I had feelings for somebody like him. I had Jimmy and what happened? Davis killed him! I had Oliver and what happened again? He died! So right now… please, don't you dare to take Lex away from me! I love him!"
"What did you just say?" Clark's eyes opened widely once again. "You love him? Are you serious?"
"Haven't you figure it out by now?" I sighed.
"I thought he was making you feel better, more full but… God… Chloe…"
"I'm a big girl, Clark, I can manage," I repeated. "And you know what? This time I'm choosing my own happiness over you, even if that means losing your friendship… I can't walk away from love because this may not happen to me the fourth time. You have Lois, I have no one! Do you know how I feel?" I was practically crying now.
"Oh, Chloe…" he whispered and put his arms around me. "I'm sorry… I do care about Lex but I'm just afraid that he may become bad again and you will end up hurt. How do you know you can control him?... I wished we could be friends like we used to but…"
"So, reach out to him. He doesn't know you, maybe it will be like the first time you met? Years ago?" I suggested letting him go.
Lex opened the door and before I could react he… reached out a kryptonite.
"Lex… what are you doing?" I asked him terrified.
Clark, of course, felt bad and started staggering.
"What's happening?" Lex asked surprised. "Is this rock hurting you? That never happened to me or Chloe." He made one more step forward and I was just about to stop him when he put his other hand on Clark's shoulder.
They both winced with pain and shot their eyes, the kryptonite fell down on the floor and I kicked it as far away as I could to make Clark stop feeling pain. I couldn't blame Lex, he just wanted to have his memories back, I would probably do the same if I were him but…
They both fell on the floor.
"Oh My God!" I screamed. "What's happening? Lex? Clark? Are you ok?!"
I put my hands to my head as it started aching… the pain was almost unbearable. I felt like I was connected to Clark's head and then…
Our minds were one… I saw myself in his head… I saw a lot of pictures… the bridge… Clark Kent… Kent's farm… Smallville… my father… the mansion… Chloe… Lana… Smallville High… The Traveler… my own death…
Betrayal. Secrets. Lies.
That what it'd been.
And then something even more shocking happened, not only I remembered Clark and everything associated to him… I remembered everything.
They suddenly stopped wincing their faces as the pain went away and Lex got back on his feet, breathing heavily.
Clark followed him soon enough.
"Did you just see…" he started but Lex was faster. He hit him in the face.
"Lex!" I screamed.
"You lied to me! You were lying to me all the time! You abandoned me!" Lex accused him.
I covered my mouth.
"Lex…" I whispered. "Please… don't…"
"Don't what exactly?" he asked looking back at me.
One thing hadn't changed – the way how he was looking at me, I could still feel the love.
"Please… please… don't…" I started crying.
"Chloe…" Clark got to me. "I'm sorry that your dreams are ruined… I told you… you shouldn't have gotten involved with him, he'll destroy you."
"I wouldn't hurt her! I love her!" Lex yelled.
"So… STOP FIGHTING!" I found my strength somewhere deep inside and just burst at them. "WHAT'S THE POINT IN THIS CONSTANT FIGHTING?! WHAT IS IT?! YOU WERE BEST FRIENDS ONCE! LEX, CLARK NEVER TOLD YOU HIS SECRET BECAUSE HE WAS AFRAID! YOU WERE TOO MUCH INTERESTED IN METEOR FREAKS! IF YOU HADN'T PUT HIM INTO LAB YOUR FATHER WOULD'VE DONE IT AND YOU KNOW IT! THEN… THEN YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON US… I KNOW THE BLAME IS ALSO MINE BUT FOR A GOD'S SAKE! STOP! PURSUING POWER, MYSTERIOUS OBJECTS AND THE TRAVELER DIDN'T GET YOU ANYTHING! YOU WERE ALONE, YOUR BECAME A KILLER AND YOU ENDED UP DEAD! YOU GOT A SECOND CHANCE AND WHAT YOU DID? YOU KILLED YOUR OWN SISTER! YOU CAN'T DO THAT ANYMORE! YOU HAVE TO STOP!" I stopped myself realizing that they were looking at me in shock. Well, I must scared the hell out of them by screaming my throat out like that. I tried to calm myself down a little. "Do you remember the moment I told you about your life? You were terrified, you almost didn't want to remember just to be able to stay good. Then, I followed you to your room and… I reassured you that I still cared about you and believed in you…" I didn't want to go any further because Clark really didn't have to know all the details of our sex life. "Please… if you love me, truly love me, you will listen to me. You will stop being evil. You will go toward the light because I can't be with you if you don't. I'm sorry, Lex, but this is the truth. If you keep doing what you were doing in the past… I will leave you. It doesn't matter how badly it will hurt… I will leave you. I will be miserable and I will have no reason to live anymore but you two know that I'm capable of the greatest sacrifices."
There was silence which was so strange and annoying.
No one spoke.
They were just staring at me.
Then Clark turned to Lex.
"I'm sorry…" he said and I just couldn't believe my own ears! "I'm sorry I hadn't trusted you enough back then… can you forgive me? Yes, I am the alien from another planet called Krypton and right now… I'm saving people in Metropolis."
Wow, that was a big one coming from Clark. Total honesty.
"Thank you, Clark," I told him. I didn't expect that from him. He was willing to expose himself just for me.
"I guess… Chloe…" he started looking at me. "I guess I owe you that. You're right, you were always there for me, ready for any sacrifice just to save me and everybody around you. You paid the highest prize so, right now… I'm doing something for you."
Lex still didn't say a word.
I could see the inner conflict, battle… he was fighting himself inside…
Power? Do you really need any more power? Or do you want to have a real family? Do you want to have real friends again?
Chloe was the one who accepted you… she can see past your cut body to see the soul within, the soul which is yet so polluted and dirty… she can make you better… isn't that what you always wanted? A second chance? A second chance with Clark who had been like a brother to you once… a second chance in love?
I hesitated and then looked in the eye of the one I truly loved.
Fortunately I was also brave enough to look at Clark.
I found myself reaching my hand out to him, he took it with an unsure smile on his face…
Chloe's face was illuminated by her smile in that very moment and this was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
That was the pure happiness… to make the person you love happy and proud of you. To give her the one chance she needed for being truly happy .
And that was how she brought me back…

LEX LUTHOR'S ALIVE!
Lex Luthor – presumed dead for the last three years – came back with a thunder taking over his old company... (...)
The LuthorCorp was sold by Tess Mercer to Queen Industries and after Oliver Queen's death, inherited by his wife – Chloe Sullivan.
As a result of Luthor and Sullivan's wedding which is set on October... (...)
Luthor also announced his run for the election (…)
For the Daily Planet – Lois Lane

"So, my cousin finally got the article she wanted," I giggled lying in my fiancé's arms and rubbing my belly. "Six more months…" I sighed.
"We can wait… we have to… and then… we will have a family… true family…"

EPILOG
"That was the day the boy turned into Superman…" I finish reading to my son.
"Wow…" he gasps in excitement.
I smile, close the comic book and kiss him in the head.
"Read again, please!" he asks me with his sweet childish voice.
I smile again and get up.
"There will always be more adventures for another day," I say to him and brush his cheek.
He falls asleep almost immediately and I walk out of the room turning the lights off… last glance at my son… last glace at the room… I see a bunch of arrows in the corner what makes me think about him… how long is it already? How long since he died?
I shake my head. I don't want to think about this now, not when I'm finally happy, I have a family…
I close the door and go to my bedroom.
"So… where were we…?" I ask and smile again.
"We were just about to work on the second child." Lex smiles. "Come over here…"
I smile too and get to bed.
I kiss him and let him take off my clothes.
"So, Mr president… you want a bigger family…"
"It's so sexy when you call me a president in bed…" he whispers kissing my neck.

Happily ever after? I don't know… I don't really believe in fairy tales but I guess I deserve the life I have now. I deserve to finally be happy. And I think that Lex deserves it too.
Lois finally got her great article on Lex's big come back – but of course on our terms.
Soon, after Lex finally came out of hiding I discovered that I was pregnant.
And the arrows… yeah, the arrows in our son's room… He's not Oliver's son, he's definitely Lex's… but that was the only thing I had left from Oliver and I gave it to my little boy. He should know that I had somebody in my life once, somebody very important, somebody who made me happy again after I'd lost Jimmy, my first true and rewarded love…
Oliver would be remembered...
And when it come to Lex's memories... We guess that he got them all back by the contact with Clark who wasn't just a normal human being like me... he was special so, it probably triggered everything... or maybe his susceptibility to kryptonite did that... or maybe the fact that once… their minds were connected… when Lex was shot and I brought him back…
THE END

cbrunberg
23rd January 2012, 00:34
love the ending.everyone got a happy ending. and oliver is also remembered

Ami Rose
28th December 2012, 06:13
Awsome!

malugargula
29th December 2012, 02:24
What an amazing fic
Loved everything about it. I was sad for Oliver but he had to die so Chlex could happen He did a great sacrifice :)
I didn't really watch SV after that horrible Lexana, just rand eps so I don't really know how much before Ollie's death teally happened on the show
Did Chloe and Ollie ended together? Lous and Clark? Does she kmow his secret? Ollie killed Lex? Is Tess really Lex's sister?
You did a wonderful job

TrinityR
29th December 2012, 11:52
What an amazing fic
Loved everything about it. I was sad for Oliver but he had to die so Chlex could happen He did a great sacrifice :)
I didn't really watch SV after that horrible Lexana, just rand eps so I don't really know how much before Ollie's death teally happened on the show
Did Chloe and Ollie ended together? Lous and Clark? Does she kmow his secret? Ollie killed Lex? Is Tess really Lex's sister?
You did a wonderful job

Thank you:)

And to answer your questions: Chloe and Oliver were together and happy and they had a little boy in SV epilogue. Lois and Clark were of course together, engaged, she found out in S10. Oliver killed Lex in S7 (or what was lef from Lex after the Artic), which was horrible and fans figured out it would've made more sense if that was a clone that escape lab where Lex was healing himself. Anyway, Lex was brought back in S10, he needed a heart so Lionel wanted to cut Tess's out (she's Lex's half-sister, Pamela Jenkins' daughter), but she shot him and escaped. Lionel managed to make a dal with Darkseid, he sold his soul and that is how Lex got his heart and life back, I figured "a life for a life, a soul for a soul" like zatanna explained once, that was real Lex, really brought back, I refuse to think otherwise. Unfortunatelly, Tess ereased his memories and he killed her.
Yeah, pretty screw up, and I hate that they left Lex like that, with no memories - completly turning Smallville into Superman ;/ And I never really followed any comic books or movies, Smallville was what captured me!

Anyway, I find last seasons - though Michael wasn't there - pretty good and can't imagine myself not see the whole of SV, but of course, whatever works for us:)

malugargula
30th December 2012, 00:02
Thank you:)

And to answer your questions: Chloe and Oliver were together and happy and they had a little boy in SV epilogue. Lois and Clark were of course together, engaged, she found out in S10. Oliver killed Lex in S7 (or what was lef from Lex after the Artic), which was horrible and fans figured out it would've made more sense if that was a clone that escape lab where Lex was healing himself. Anyway, Lex was brought back in S10, he needed a heart so Lionel wanted to cut Tess's out (she's Lex's half-sister, Pamela Jenkins' daughter), but she shot him and escaped. Lionel managed to make a dal with Darkseid, he sold his soul and that is how Lex got his heart and life back, I figured "a life for a life, a soul for a soul" like zatanna explained once, that was real Lex, really brought back, I refuse to think otherwise. Unfortunatelly, Tess ereased his memories and he killed her.
Yeah, pretty screw up, and I hate that they left Lex like that, with no memories - completly turning Smallville into Superman ;/ And I never really followed any comic books or movies, Smallville was what captured me!

Anyway, I find last seasons - though Michael wasn't there - pretty good and can't imagine myself not see the whole of SV, but of course, whatever works for us:)

Wow, I'm shocked that this all really happened in the show. I need to watch it sometime.
So Lionel got back from the dead??? How did it happen???
I saw that you were offended with me about the Lexana thing. I'm sorry about that. I don't hate Lana it's more like when you like a guy and he goes out with another girl, you know??? And you're disappointed with him and don't want to see him for some time. I don't know if I'm making sense because English is not my first language but it's not hate, I don't mean to offend Lexana fans, nor Lana fans not even Kristen fans or Kristen herself.

TrinityR
30th December 2012, 01:08
Wow, I'm shocked that this all really happened in the show. I need to watch it sometime.
So Lionel got back from the dead??? How did it happen???
I saw that you were offended with me about the Lexana thing. I'm sorry about that. I don't hate Lana it's more like when you like a guy and he goes out with another girl, you know??? And you're disappointed with him and don't want to see him for some time. I don't know if I'm making sense because English is not my first language but it's not hate, I don't mean to offend Lexana fans, nor Lana fans not even Kristen fans or Kristen herself.

Sorry, I missed out that Lionel part:D No, he didn't come back to life and you would really have to give Smallville another chance, because sometimes there are really good episodes in later seasons, i.e. Chloe goes bad ass in season 8, in season 9 we have the great Callum Blue as major Zod etc. Tess is herself a pretty great character, I liked her almost as much as I loved Lex and he's my favorite one.
Anyway, sorry for going off point here, Lionel, yeah. There was a kryptonian artifact that Clark got, it was called the mirror, he used it and got into pararel universe where Lionel had been the one who had found him on the field and he'd raised him. It was about... Clark Luthor.
And the real Clark Luthor switched placed with Clark Kent and landed up in the normal reality. Maybe it sounds twisted while writing, but it's really worth seeing. Lionel, of course, caught the ride to the other side:D

And when it comes to Lana, I've already replied on the Depths we Sink to (gosh I want the third part! Don't you?!), so read it. Sorry, I didn't know that was you back then and I loved Lexana so much. Now it's getting complicated. I know what you mean by your explanation with the girl and guy, because... as much as I found LExana hot on the show I see now the potential of Chlex. I guess the writers didn;t hook them up, because Chloe would not pine over Clark and would be able to understand Lex better than Lana and... they would live happily ever after and LEx would not be bad. So thank goodness for fanfics!
English is not my first language either, so don't worry:)

malugargula
30th December 2012, 04:02
Sorry, I missed out that Lionel part:D No, he didn't come back to life and you would really have to give Smallville another chance, because sometimes there are really good episodes in later seasons, i.e. Chloe goes bad ass in season 8, in season 9 we have the great Callum Blue as major Zod etc. Tess is herself a pretty great character, I liked her almost as much as I loved Lex and he's my favorite one.
Anyway, sorry for going off point here, Lionel, yeah. There was a kryptonian artifact that Clark got, it was called the mirror, he used it and got into pararel universe where Lionel had been the one who had found him on the field and he'd raised him. It was about... Clark Luthor.
And the real Clark Luthor switched placed with Clark Kent and landed up in the normal reality. Maybe it sounds twisted while writing, but it's really worth seeing. Lionel, of course, caught the ride to the other side:D

And when it comes to Lana, I've already replied on the Depths we Sink to (gosh I want the third part! Don't you?!), so read it. Sorry, I didn't know that was you back then and I loved Lexana so much. Now it's getting complicated. I know what you mean by your explanation with the girl and guy, because... as much as I found LExana hot on the show I see now the potential of Chlex. I guess the writers didn;t hook them up, because Chloe would not pine over Clark and would be able to understand Lex better than Lana and... they would live happily ever after and LEx would not be bad. So thank goodness for fanfics!
English is not my first language either, so don't worry:)

I think I'll watch all I missed in SV. It seems really interesting.

I soooo want the third part of Depths We Sink. I really hope to see it soon.
I'm happy you're not upset with me.
Fanfics are one of the best things ever!!! Here we can live happier with our favorite characters :)

TrinityR
30th December 2012, 11:53
Fanfics are one of the best things ever!!! Here we can live happier with our favorite characters :)

Eactly! I, for example, don't really care about whether it's canon or just a well-wriiten fanficon novel. It's all fiction, so why the hell don't we do what we want with it?:P

malugargula
30th December 2012, 18:55
Eactly! I, for example, don't really care about whether it's canon or just a well-wriiten fanficon novel. It's all fiction, so why the hell don't we do what we want with it?:P

I feel the same way :)