PDA

View Full Version : Chlex Drabbles (G+) (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

Pages : [1] 2

Savage Midnight
20th October 2003, 01:42
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but I thought that if different authors were going to be posting their Chlex drabbles here, it'd belong in the interactive forum. I apologise if it's in the wrong place :p

Anyway, the point of this thread is to post all your Chlex drabbles. If you don't know what a drabble is, it's usually a short snippet or scene that is about 100 words long. It's usually used as a disciplinary exercise (God, that sounds awful) to force writers to only include the most vital elements of their work in one short, tiny drabble.

I've posted one of mine, but feel free to post your own. See if you can get as close to 100 words as possible ;)

---

He was a good actor. He had the facial expressions down pat and the emotions had never really been a problem. I love you, Chloe. Steady gaze, soft eyes and it was game, set, match. Easy. And money brought him everything. The love of a good woman and the ring to slip on her delicate finger. Money had brought the life he lived, had taught him the finest lesson he would ever need to learn - lie, lie and lie, and soon his lies would become the only truth he’d ever need. Yes, Lex Luthor was a fine actor indeed.

hfce
20th October 2003, 03:32
Oh I love drabbles. They are so much fun to read. This was a great one.

Hope :cool:

scifichick774
20th October 2003, 15:34
Gah! I love drabbles, but man - that's the thing - you never get a continuance on them. Nicely done though.

asharnanae
20th October 2003, 20:21
Ok, hears my go at the 'drabble', I am not counting the poety as part of the hundred words though!

He saw her hair catch the autumn sun and shine in fluttering waves of gold. Lex watched as her expression turned from thoughtful to a small secretive smile, her eyes seeming to glow. And the darkness he felt receeded. It was then that a verse of poerty drifted through his mind.

"For thou art melancholy pale,
And on thy head is cold moon's shine,
But she is ruddy and bright as day,
And sunbeams dazzle from her eyne."

Unknown to him, and by some coincedence of fates chosing, Chloe was reading from a poerty book as he watched her, unseen. She to was struck by a verse of poetry, and from the very same poem as he. Reading the words made her smile as she thought about how apt it was to her hearts revelation earlyer that week.

"I thought Love lived in the hot sunshine,
But, oh, he lives in the moony light!
I thought to find Love in the light of day,
But sweet love is the comforter of the night."

She looked up then and met his eyes as they still gazed at her. Her smile broke wide like sun streaming through stormy clouds, and Lex found himself warmed.

OK, so a bit long, hope you can forgive!

hfce
21st October 2003, 00:54
That was great :)

beautiful N' Bruised
21st October 2003, 01:03
I've been wanting to start a drabble thread for so long, but was to lazy. Love those two drabbles, great work to you both!

Okay, here are my two. Some of you, might have seen them already:-

*Pixie*

Cold and alone, without a family, save for a shark who calls himself a father, a mother beneath the ground, and too many disappointments to count.

Then from nowhere, a little pixie, all sunshine and smiles, brimming with warmth, and eyes that speak openly of…

… love.

He holds his breath, afraid, waiting for the inevitable tragedy and keeps a vigil on her, lest she melt away.

She catches him staring, and smiles wide saying, “I promise I’m not going anywhere.”

He smirks in reply, in defence, but knowing him too well she just shakes her head, blowing a kiss.

*Secret Love*

Chloe’s heart is thumping so hard, she suspects the whole Talon can hear it.

She’s conscious of her every move, breath, and expression.

Lex says something and Clark laughs, totally at ease.

Taking a sip of coffee, she attempts a cool smile.

But she’s sure she’s an open book, or perhaps a front page article, headline huge for all to see: ‘Chloe Sullivan loves Lex Luthor.’

Clark is briefly distracted by the need to rescue Lana Lang from a ceramic breakage.

Lex smiles at her then, squeezing her hand under the table.

And there’s no one else in the world.

hfce
21st October 2003, 02:27
Those were great. I love it.

Hope :)

happy bunny
21st October 2003, 04:49
Oooh! I'm loving this! Savage Midnight, your's was amazing! I love drabbles (didn't know that they were called that, though) because they can tell you an entire story using so few words. I loved everyone's drabbles, they were great!

scifichick774
21st October 2003, 16:56
*happy sigh* Those were great. :)

xadie
21st October 2003, 23:50
:biggrin: Yay! A new game!

Here goes - pure fluff!

Twilight fell slowly, and the room was heavy with silence. Lex cleared his throat. Chloe lifted her head and smiled as the librarian shushed him sternly. Mentally Lex swore that not even his love for his wife would drag him into this dusty reading room again - research be damned. Surreptitiously dropping his shoe and stretching his foot to rub her sandalled one under the table, he remembered her golden hair tumbled on his pillow that morning. She shifted away, but smiled again, and he could see the new light of their unborn child in her eyes.

xadiexx

:chlexsign2:

asharnanae
21st October 2003, 23:54
:biggrin: that was lovely, and so sweet!

hfce
22nd October 2003, 00:26
Oh that was so sweet. :wub:

happy bunny
22nd October 2003, 04:02
Awww... That was so sweet! I loved it!

happy bunny
24th October 2003, 00:23
Not really sure where this came from, but I had to write it. If you hate it, feel free to tell me. This is my first attempt at a drabble. Kinda an unhappy one, but deal with it.

Second Best

Chloe glanced down at the ring on her finger and sighed. ‘It just doesn’t feel right.’ She checked her reflection in the mirror once more, admiring the beauty of her flowing white gown, before making her way down the aisle and towards her fiancé. She smiled half heartedly up at him, but he was too happy to notice her lack of enthusiasm and beamed back.

She remembered the day her life had changed, the day Lex had been lowered into the ground, taken prematurely. With her love gone, she moved on and went with the second best. She became Mrs. Clark Kent.

tigerbaby
24th October 2003, 00:41
That was great Kelly

Not a criticism just an observation. I can't see anyone settling for second best, let alone going to Clark once they've had Lex :devil: well, maybe Pinky but then she lacks the mental capacity to comprehend the greatness that is Lex :lol:

*sigh* I'd love to try one but I'm too wordy.

xadie
24th October 2003, 01:06
:crygreen: Lex dead! Noooooooo!

I really liked it, especially because it put Clark in his rightful place - second best!

xadie xx

scifichick774
24th October 2003, 01:36
:crygreen: Poor Lex - or should I say poor Chloe for having to be stuck with Clark? Ugh.

happy bunny
24th October 2003, 02:02
Originally posted by xadie@Oct 23 2003, 07:06 PM
I really liked it, especially because it put Clark in his rightful place - second best!

xadie xx
Thanks Xadie. That's what I was trying for. I wanted him to be the one that was second best for once.

And thanks to everyone else for commenting. I love feedback, it always makes me feel good. :biggrin:

hfce
24th October 2003, 15:05
That was so sad. :crygreen: Having to be stuck with Clark. Poor baby :crygreen:

Hope :cool:

jaded-swan
25th October 2003, 11:02
I like that... it was sweet but yet it showed the strength of her love for Lex... maybe she's marrying him to make the people around her happy... oh well i'm rambling...

Ranting Idiot
3rd November 2003, 08:26
Putting in my two cents... -Rant

"Shh."

Even in the dark, her fingers could find his lips. Chloe pulled him closer, keeping an ear out for the noises coming through the door.

"What do you think he's doing?" Lex whispered.

"Does it matter?" Chloe tilted her chin up and kissed him soundly.

When Clark's annoyed tones came even louder through the wood, Lex felt her exasperated sigh on his lips.

"Think I should go and help him? He sounds pretty confused."

"Not nearly as confused as he'd be when you step out of the Torch's closet when he's been there for an hour."

vardaquareien
3rd November 2003, 13:07
Thanx very much Rant...I just blew coffee out my nose at the last line!!! :pclol: What a classic, that was hysterical!!!

tigerbaby
3rd November 2003, 13:41
Rant, that was hilarious!

hfce
3rd November 2003, 16:31
Ok that was weird. I must be really dumb are they in the closet hiding from Clark?

Hope :huh:

scifichick774
3rd November 2003, 17:05
Hee hee. Very cute.

happy bunny
3rd November 2003, 23:03
:pclol: Hee!! That last line was a classic!!! :lol:
Great job; it was so cute.

sabby
8th November 2003, 00:36
They were standing across from eachother, facing off, only a few feet between them. Their history could be told in simple words. Aquaintances, collaborators, friends, lovers. And now - that all was over. The ultimate betrayal had caused a fracture that could not be mended.

"Why?"

"I never meant for it to happen, Lex...I"

"You were my last attempt at humanity." The blood flowed cold in his veins.

"Lex, what are you talking about?" Confusion, fear. He could always read her like a book.

"We failed. Now, do us both a favor and get out." Numb, already dying on the inside and turning away from her didn't take much effort.

"Lex..." She never knew when to stop.

"GET OUT!"

The quiet click of the door was lost on the roaring of blood in his ears.

tigerbaby
8th November 2003, 01:40
Sabby, that was excellent! I hate it when they fight and part but it's still good if you know what I mean. Course I'd like to *know* what the betrayal was but hey, we don't always get what we want.

scifichick774
8th November 2003, 02:43
GAH!

happy bunny
8th November 2003, 22:38
That is really, really good! I hate it, cause it rips my heart open, but I still love it. (Yeah, I know, I confuse me too) Wonderful drabble.

Not An Addict
8th November 2003, 23:08
The package was small, wrapped in plain brown paper. If it hadn't been for the familiarity of the handwriting scrawled over it Lex would have sent it directly to security. After all, once a few bombs get mailed to you, you start to be a bit more cautious. But this was safe. This was from her.

He ripped at the paper until it lay scattered over his office floor like so many dead leaves. A small box with a note taped to the lid. When he opened it, he could swear he almost caught the faint scent of a Smallville autumn. Seeing what was in the box, he tore the note from the lid and scanned it.

{Something to remind you of your home town. I'll be back soon, lover.}

The box dropped to the floor as he brought the ring closer to his face. The green stone seemed to glow in the light of the fading sun, and his lips began to curl into a malevolent smirk.

This was going to be fun.

vardaquareien
8th November 2003, 23:18
oooooooh Love, LOVE, absolutely ADORE this one!!!

Loved the oh-so casual line about him regularly receiving bombs iin the mail! :hehe:

*happy sigh* To think it was our own Chloe that gave Lex his infamous Kryptonite Ring! *malevolent laughter* mmmmmmmm just...purrrfect!

tigerbaby
8th November 2003, 23:26
Oh that was fabulous! I love evil Chlex, it's just icing on the cake!

scifichick774
9th November 2003, 00:24
*squeals* I loved it! LOVE!!! Loved it. :wub: :wub:

happy bunny
9th November 2003, 05:30
That was great!! I love that it's Chloe who gives Lex his ring! *happy sigh* Evil Chlex, is there anything better??

happy bunny
10th November 2003, 22:21
Control

If there's anything in this world I hate the most, it's being powerless. Powerless to help her, powerless to make a difference.

I was carefully schooled that power and control are everything. But now, the most important thing in my life is in danger and I can't do a thing. I'm unable to do anything but worry and hold her hand and pray that she'll be okay. I'm forced to be nothing more than a spectator as the same disease that claimed my mother takes her too.

The woman I love is dying and I'm powerless to stop it.

Not An Addict
10th November 2003, 22:30
*weeps*

Why are the majority of these drabbles so sad????

Aside from the wracking pain of grief I have going on right now, I really liked this one. ^_^ Heartwrenching. Very powerful.

tigerbaby
10th November 2003, 23:37
Alright, what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HAPPY Chlex, HAPPY Chlex, got it? Good!

Kel, this was just heart-breakingly insightful and sad. So true to character. *sobs* Poor Lex, poor Chloe.

hfce
11th November 2003, 02:01
God :crygreen:

Hope :crygreen:

scifichick774
11th November 2003, 20:07
:crygreen:

sabby
12th November 2003, 16:32
It was a tuesday like any other. At least it appeared to be. Lex didn't want it any other way. He'd never been one to celebrate in the big way, not when there wasn't really a victory.

He entered his study with the intention to get some work done. Maybe he'd make a trip to the Talon later, but he didn't have any big plans.

When he came closer to his desk, Lex found a rectangular package on top of it. Arching and eyebrow he ripped the package open.

A box of cheerios and a small white card.

"Funny enough, it was easier to find out your favorite cereal than finding out your birthdate. Happy Birthday Lex. ~Chloe"

Lex smiled.

scifichick774
12th November 2003, 16:35
Hee hee hee. Very cute. Good job Sabby.

Queen Of Tact
12th November 2003, 17:21
I loved it, just the happy fix i was looking for.... Only if we could see that happen in an epi of smallville.....

CC

Not An Addict
12th November 2003, 17:34
Awwww! So cute!! This was a great little pick-me-up after all the sadness on this thread. Hee. Makes me think of my roommate's mom sending her Cheerios when she was studying abroad in Germany. Yay for sweet Cheerio goodness! Well done, Sabby. Well done. :balloon:

tigerbaby
12th November 2003, 20:20
that was cute! and thanks for the pick me up :biggrin:

happy bunny
13th November 2003, 00:06
Aww.. that was adorable. :biggrin: Really liked it.

hfce
13th November 2003, 05:13
That was so cute. :wub:

Hope ;)

Ranting Idiot
13th November 2003, 05:45
Inspired by tonight's episode...

"I can protect you, Chloe."

She looked up fearfully before hiding her face in his jacket. "No, you can't. Nobody can."

"You don't trust me?"

"It's not you, it's-"

"Ah," Lex sighed as he understood and pulled her closer. "It's not that bad."

Chloe stepped back from him, as well as the entrace to the Talon, and glared at him. "Tell me that after you've had one of Lana's latte's. Then we'll talk."

:huh: Hee!

-Rant

tigerbaby
13th November 2003, 05:51
LMAO.

:hehe: this was just too cute!

scifichick774
13th November 2003, 18:59
Hee hee.

happy bunny
13th November 2003, 22:31
:hehe: Hee! That was so cute and funny!

hfce
14th November 2003, 02:46
:lol: That was so cute.

Lulucifer
14th November 2003, 05:23
Hehehe....It really is cute.
A nice change from all those sad drabbles.
:chlexsign4:

vardaquareien
14th November 2003, 17:21
:pclol: haha! What a classic!!! hehe only Lex can save us all from the horror that is Pinkzilla! How true!!!

Not An Addict
15th November 2003, 00:16
There was still a heavy, musky scent in the room, and the satin sheets lay in rumpled disarray. It was only hours ago that he had watched her sleeping there, her silky blonde hair fanned out across the pillow as if it belonged there. As if it had always belonged there.

He rubbed at his stomach, trying to ease out the nervous knots. Nothing to be nervous about, he reasoned. Just walk up to her, kiss her brainless, and say it. But as much as he tried to reassure himself, it still seemed as if a flock of butterflies had made their home in his stomach.

He thought of her smile and his tension faded slightly. Today was the day.

Today he would tell Chloe Sullivan that he loved her.

tigerbaby
15th November 2003, 00:30
:wub: awww that was just :wub:

hfce
15th November 2003, 00:48
Sweet...... :wub:

Hope :chlexsign1:

happy bunny
15th November 2003, 03:15
:wub: This story deserves a great big AWW! It's so cute! I love it! :wub:

Sienna
15th November 2003, 04:07
That was a great drabble. Made me smile. :biggrin:

Lulucifer
15th November 2003, 06:32
awwww..... :wub: that was just the thing to brighten up my day. It was so sweet.
:wub: :chlexsign4:

beautiful N' Bruised
19th November 2003, 00:43
She was working late at The Torch, as per usual.

Lionel Luthor interrupted her in typical fashion. Sleazy, expensive, intimidation.

He looked at her down his nose. “And how is the lovely Miss Sullivan?”

Almost as though his words were magic, she lost her breath. Choking, she managed to gasp out. “What did you do to me?”

His reply was a self-satisfied smirk.

Lex walked through the door. Gorgeous, smooth, mocking.

He looked at her with a smile. “I gave my word, Chloe.” The two men laughed. As she lost consciousness, Lex touched her cheek. “My love will protect you…”

tigerbaby
19th November 2003, 00:56
*purses lips in concentration*

hmmm...kinda freaky S. Now I've got all these ideas of what the mean Luthors could have possibly done and that's not a good thing.

Loved, loved the description of Lionel. So apt.

hfce
19th November 2003, 04:39
:ohmy: :crygreen:

jaded-swan
19th November 2003, 08:10
Hmm... that was intriguing but
“My love will protect you…”
is that a good thing?

beautiful N' Bruised
19th November 2003, 13:58
Originally posted by jaded-swan@Nov 19 2003, 06:10 AM
Hmm... that was intriguing but
“My love will protect you…”
is that a good thing?
I don't know... Feeling positive? ;)

beautiful N' Bruised
19th November 2003, 13:59
Four Quarter drabbles

To belay the risk of being chucked out of NS, under the charge of too much darkness, I bring you four light-hearted quarter (25 word) drabbles..

So she had enough of her pinkness, and tried to kill Lana.

Didn’t mean she was insane…

Still, her interesting cellmate made it worth it.

She never realised how seriously he would take his promise...

It took her father some time to adapt to a millionaire, camping in his hallway.

He dropped Lana’s head onto the table. “Happy Anniversary, darling.”

“Sweetness, just what I always wanted!” Smirking, she added Clark’s to the

tabletop. “Happy Anniversary.”

When Lex got down on one knee, she was flattered. The diamond ring, was classy and extravagant.

The dancing kryptomutants, she thought a bit much.

-----
Am I forgiven? :devil:

tigerbaby
19th November 2003, 14:48
S, they can't posibly chuck you out of NS after *that*

All very humourous but toss up between #1 and #4 as my favourite.

Then there's the cuteness of #2 and #3

*sigh* it's just so hard to choose.

hfce
19th November 2003, 15:59
:lol: :hehe: sara that was great. :lol:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Not An Addict
19th November 2003, 17:09
*dies laughing*

Shh! You'll make me wake up my roommate! *snickers*

scifichick774
19th November 2003, 19:31
*giggle fit*

Nicely done, CC.

happy bunny
19th November 2003, 23:09
:lol: Love it! :lol: Great job Sara! It's a nice little upper after reading the drabble before it.

Gea
20th November 2003, 01:20
I already told you, but I'll say it again: Lex in purple pj in the Sullivan's hallway is an image that will haunt me for life...if I don't die of laughter in the next 5 mins :lol:
...but then Chloe could share her room with him...

Gaia

Czech Angel
21st November 2003, 03:17
LMAO :lol: Those were so cute and funny. I just love #1 and 2. Oh hell, I loved them all! :cute:

Lulucifer
24th November 2003, 03:37
I’m walking silently down the hall and into his room. I finally have a real family, I thought. He’s crying in his crib. I picked him up and hugged him fiercely, “Don’t cry, I will always love you Julian. I will always protect you.” He ceased crying, I looked down at him still pressed to my chest. “Lex, what have you done?” My father whispered through the dark door frame. I looked down at him again, but Julian’s gone. It was Chloe in my arms now, she’s so still, lifeless.

AN - just something i thought of today. sorta my take on Julian's death. hope this makes sense to everyone. it's my first drabble.

sosostris
26th November 2003, 06:03
Other studies have suggested that a critical step in the development of alcoholism occurs when a person begins to use alcohol not just socially but as a way of coping with negative emotions (Cooper et al, 1988). Once the person thinks of alcohol as a general way of quieting negative emotions, its use increases and the person is well on the path to alcohol abuse or dependence.

Chloe looked up from her psych book to Lex standing at the bar. He turned, raised his half-full glass, “AA is for quitters” he toasted. And downed the contents in one go.

tigerbaby
26th November 2003, 06:06
I just loved Lex's response :biggrin: That's certainly one way to look at it!!

happy bunny
27th November 2003, 00:34
Lulucifer, good drabble. Dark, me likes.

And madame_sosostris, loved Lex's line. Great job!

bella_b
27th November 2003, 04:57
AA is for quitters
lol. when i read that i got this mental picture of Lex singing "call it what you want to call it, I'm a fucking alcoholic...." :lol:
He does drink quite a lot though.

ghostwriter
28th November 2003, 12:40
Well I'm finally going to post something, only a drabble but it's a start, right? I've had this ficlet idea for ages so here goes... (And no I don't own them)

She’s sitting there at a corner table. There’s a coffee cup in front of her, next to her laptop, but neither is getting any attention. I see the tears streaming down her face, I don’t think she knows. I’m not even sure she cares, but I know she needs something. Can I give it to her? No-one sees her, maybe I can help, maybe…

She finally drags herself back to the real world, coffee cold, laptop dead. On her laptop there’s a note. Only two words but they are the only ones she needs to see...

‘I notice’

Comments? :biggrin:

scifichick774
28th November 2003, 13:03
Aww. Nicely done. :)

sosostris
28th November 2003, 13:06
awh, Lex leaving notes. that's cute!

hfce
28th November 2003, 16:09
Aww that was so sweet.

Hope :wub:

scifichick774
28th November 2003, 16:25
He knew.

From the second her fiancé walked into his office at the mansion and told him the ‘happy news’, he knew that Clark wasn’t the father of Chloe’s baby.

So why was he sitting across the table from the couple, giving his congratulations to them when all he wanted to do was rip the other man’s throat out for taking what was his?

Clark got up and excused himself from the table, giving Lex the opportunity he had been looking for.

“When are you going to tell him?”

“I’m not,” Chloe said quietly.

“Then I will.”

Kit Merlot
28th November 2003, 18:08
DRABBLE

Hi, this is my first attempt at a Smallville drabble. Please tell me what you think :biggrin:

He had to admit to himself that he was worried. It was a new emotion for him. As a rule, he denied ever feeling any emotions, much less worry. But that was before. Before a blonde reporter entered the picture. She was everything he wasn't: she was the brightness against his darkness, she was witty opposing his sarcasm, she was love versus his anger.

Lionel Luthor hadn't realized that Chloe Sullivan would be such a formidable opponent. They both wanted to see Lex's future secure. Chloe wanted his happiness and Lionel wanted Lex to be as soulless a corporate giant as he was. The question was who would be the strongest?

scifichick774
28th November 2003, 21:00
Ooh - nice. Liked it. :)

Silly Sphinx
28th November 2003, 22:47
The drunken fics are in abundance, and I really didn't want to write one...but I thought of this scene a while ago and was tempted. Yay for Drabbles!

She licked her lips and took in the sight of the man greedily. He was sitting on the floor with his back up against the couch. The glass of liquor was almost gone. She had kept careful count of his alcohol consumption and knew his limits which, he had surpassed a long time ago.

Taking a swig of the bitter clear liquid, she dropped to the floor and crawled over to him. In her own drunken haze she straddled his lap and he met her gaze with a confused one, "What are you doing...?" He mumbled.

"Driving Lex while under the Influence." She said drunkenly, and then kissed him.

scifichick774
28th November 2003, 23:02
Hee hee hee.

hfce
28th November 2003, 23:46
Those were great. I loved all of the drabbles. :clap:

Hope :biggrin:

marrycherry
29th November 2003, 04:27
Originally posted by scifichick774@Nov 28 2003, 03:25 PM
From the second her fiancé walked into his office at the mansion and told him the ‘happy news’, he knew that Clark wasn’t the father of Chloe’s baby. .......

“When are you going to tell him?”

“I’m not,” Chloe said quietly.

“Then I will.”
scifichick774, i really think you could make this a longer story, i mean that would be a terrific start *starts daydreaming*.....

right?
:chlexsign3:

happy bunny
1st December 2003, 00:47
Wow, lots of updates in my absence.

ghostwriter, I've got one word for yours; awwww :wub: It's so sweet, I love it!

Kris, Awesome! Nothing better than Chloe cheating on Clark with Lex, that is except for Chloe dumping Clark's sorry ass for Lex, which come on, you know she should. Anyway, love it. Only problem is *whines* I want more. Can't you hear it begging for a continuation? *g*

Kathy, yay!! You posted! And great job! Love the reflections into the characters and you gotta love that last line.

Silly Sphinx, luv it!

sylvia
1st December 2003, 13:50

He dropped Lana’s head onto the table. “Happy Anniversary, darling.”

“Sweetness, just what I always wanted!” Smirking, she added Clark’s to the

tabletop. “Happy Anniversary.”

:D I wish that would happen.

Kit Merlot
1st December 2003, 14:48
Originally posted by scifichick774@Nov 28 2003, 08:00 PM
Ooh - nice. Liked it. :)

Thanks, Kris :biggrin:

Your story, as always, completely rocks!

Kit Merlot
4th December 2003, 18:57
Everyone's Drabbles are so wonderful, I decided to try another one :biggrin:

Turning away from the counter, Lana tried to hide her expression, but Clark saw her face. He didn't need to ask, he knew what was wrong. He followed her gaze to the couple seated at the table, completely immersed in each other.

Clark felt excluded in their relationship, and he knew Lana was hurt as well. Lana needed to trust her friends and Chloe and Lex were oblivious to her feelings.

Clark was suddenly angered. They should have been told about Chloe and Lex's relationship. They had no right to keep secrets. No right at all.

Somewhere, Fate laughed the laugh of the damned. Soon, very soon, Fate would laugh again.

(Too strange? I hope you enjoyed it anyway :devil: )

scifichick774
4th December 2003, 19:02
*snicker* Clark and Lana both have some gall to think that nobody should keep secrets from them after all the secrets and lies *they* tell. Good job. :)

hfce
4th December 2003, 21:59
I liked it and Blana and Clunk can :suckup:

Hope :blinkkiss:

vardaquareien
5th December 2003, 14:15
Kit I absolutely loved the last line of this drabble! It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Discworld where Fate is an actual character!

Kit Merlot
5th December 2003, 18:52
Originally posted by vardaquareien@Dec 5 2003, 01:15 PM
Kit I absolutely loved the last line of this drabble! It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Discworld where Fate is an actual character!

Thank you very much :biggrin: I'm glad it didn't seem too bizarre!

Also, I love your "Bedroom Judo" banner--It is very cool.

happy bunny
5th December 2003, 22:59
Great job Kathy!
Clark and blana are such hypocrites; secrets and lies are fine when they're the ones that spout them, but the instant someone else isn't entirely truthful, suddenly it's completely unacceptable.
Anyway, really liked it!

I.am.me
7th December 2003, 23:43
Hey, I'm new here and just thought why not post a little drabble, but be aware that this is my first fic ever....oh and english is not my motherlanguage, so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes :blush:

oh and I really like the drabbles that are already posted, especially the dark ones ;)

but i'll just start now

---------------------------------------------

Lost

Just a second ago the car was filled with laughter. Laughter of two people, who had a bright future ahead of them.
Now there was only the crackling of fire and pattering of rain.
Seemingly unafraid of the flames lightening the dark night, a man could be seen standing at the roadside.
Clothes wet and clinging to his body, face expressionless except for one lone tear sliding down his cheek and joining the raindrops on the ground, he stared, stared at the blazing fire.
Then, taking one last look and whispering one last sentence, he turned around and went his way.

“You knew I couldn’t let him have you, you knew.”

----------------------------------------------

(hope it's not to bad) Bye

hfce
8th December 2003, 03:04
Originally posted by I.am.me@Dec 7 2003, 09:43 PM
Hey, I'm new here and just thought why not post a little drabble, but be aware that this is my first fic ever....oh and english is not my motherlanguage, so sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes :blush:

oh and I really like the drabbles that are already posted, especially the dark ones ;)

but i'll just start now

---------------------------------------------

Lost

Just a second ago the car was filled with laughter. Laughter of two people, who had a bright future ahead of them.
Now there was only the crackling of fire and pattering of rain.
Seemingly unafraid of the flames lightening the dark night, a man could be seen standing at the roadside.
Clothes wet and clinging to his body, face expressionless except for one lone tear sliding down his cheek and joining the raindrops on the ground, he stared, stared at the blazing fire.
Then, taking one last look and whispering one last sentence, he turned around and went his way.

“You knew I couldn’t let him have you, you knew.”

----------------------------------------------

(hope it's not to bad) Bye
That was good. That is Clark standing by right?

Hope ;)

Lulucifer
8th December 2003, 05:34
Hmm....i was wondering about the samething as Hope up there. Was it Clark? Cause that seem to be the only answer i can find right now.

tigerbaby
8th December 2003, 05:51
Originally posted by Lulucifer@Dec 7 2003, 10:34 PM
Hmm....i was wondering about the samething as Hope up there. Was it Clark? Cause that seem to be the only answer i can find right now.
Sorry, man. My first thought was it was Lex killing whoever it was that was with Chloe. I meam c'mon it's *Lex*, he'd stop at *nothing*, I repeat *nothing* to keep what was his. Clark's too good-goody to stoop to that level. But Lex....Lex was raised and bred by the MB. How could it *not* be Lex. LMAO.

Sorry. Didn't mean to diss your opinion there but that was my take on this little drabble. :biggrin: and it's just because I absolutely love Evil!Lex *shivers* And Lex isn't going to be that careless. He *will* be heartless and I would imagine that he'd have all bases covered that he wouldn't be surprised by a car bomb.

I could be wrong...but this is my version of events. And I'm going to stick with it. Besides we were warned that I.am.me likes dark. And what could be more dark than killing the woman you love so that no one else can have her...So :tease:

vardaquareien
8th December 2003, 09:04
Gee Aimee tell us what you really think! :hehe: I must admit I actually came to the same conclusion as you. I thought it was Lex who wouldn't let anyone else have her. I love it when things are left ambiguous like this! Well done!

scifichick774
8th December 2003, 17:53
Definitely Clark at the side of the road.

Bastard.

beautiful N' Bruised
8th December 2003, 21:26
Hey, I.am.me, welcome to the Chlex Dark Side, it's always lot's of fun!

Great first post, I love it. And amazing that english isn't your first lanuage.

I have to say, I agree with Aimee. The moment I read it, I thought it was Lex all over for the same reasons she cited. But, for some reason I saw the person burning in the car - and don't kill me here - being Chloe. *Shrug* never pretended not to be a lover of the dark.

Look forward to more stuff from you, I.am.me.

I.am.me
8th December 2003, 21:30
thx for the reviews, I was really happy and it's nice to see you thinking about the fic :biggrin:
and I don't think I''m gonna tell, whom I had in mind as I wrote it,
this way anybody can see it as he wants

happy bunny
8th December 2003, 21:38
Great drabble, I.am.me! I'm another one that saw Lex as being the one on the side of the road for most of the reasons already said. I mean, killing the woman you love because you don't want anyone but you to have her, that's so Lex. Clark has too many morals to just kill someone like that.

Besides that, I want to say how much I loved this little bit:

Just a second ago the car was filled with laughter...Now there was only the crackling of fire and pattering of rain.

Anyway, great job.

tigerbaby
9th December 2003, 00:20
Okay, I obviously had nothing better do at work. My first stab at a drabble and bloody things are just as difficult to write as fics!!! I wrote two but they're on opposite ends of the spectrum so the second one will be posted at a date TBD.

Stalemate.

Toe to toe they stood, tension thick and palpable in this contest of wills. Heated honey-brown met determined icy blue, neither willing to concede. Each waiting for the other to make a move; each determined to come out the winner in this battle

Stubborn wench, he thought, eyes narrowed in frustration.

Cold-hearted bastard, she thought, glaring at him.

Nerves coiled and wound tight as seconds ticked away, turning to minutes.

Tick, tick.

Tick, tick.

Not able to stand it any longer, she blew out a breath and opened her mouth.

"I love you," he ground out through clenched teeth.

happy bunny
9th December 2003, 00:28
Aww, Aimee, it's cute! :biggrin: I love how stubborn they're both being, both trying to make the other one give in and say it first. Adorable little drabble.

beautiful N' Bruised
9th December 2003, 00:55
*Sigh* <--- and I could just leave at that but...

&#39;ain&#39;t they cute? You wanna bash their heads together, and hug them *tight* all at the same time. I just love how it can apply not just to Chlex, but to so many situations in RL.

I say: encore, be brave and post the other&#33;

As to being hard to write... but so fun, don&#39;t you think?

Not An Addict
9th December 2003, 01:11
Squee&#33; So, so, so, SO cute&#33; Loved it. ^_^ Ok, now I&#39;m nervous about your other one. Because if it&#39;s opposite on the spectrum from completely freakin&#39; adorable . . . meep&#33;

tigerbaby
9th December 2003, 01:20
Okay, caving into pressure by a specific eager beaver that I will add in the link once her story is posted but here you go, #2 from me. Also done during my boredom at work.

*~*~*~*~*

"Son, think of the consequences."

"I am," he stated with calm rationale as he held Chloe tight against his chest. The cold edge of the blade pressed against her warm flesh, nicking the tender skin and drawing a crimson bead.

"Don&#39;t listen to him Lex. Just do it," she bit out.

"I love you," he whispered

"I know."

A soft butterfly kiss and with a deft flick of the wrist, he sliced her jugular and letting her fall gracefully onto the Persian rug.

Lionel watched helpless as his greatest bargaining chip against Lex had her life force drained from her.

~~~~

You can find her fic The Oblation (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/index.php?showtopic=1388&st=0&#entry36011) in Short Stories

beautiful N' Bruised
9th December 2003, 02:03
*Sigh* <------ I think we&#39;re forming a pattern here... neway

Dark, evil Chlex at it&#39;s best. I would love to see the situations/conversations that led here. And I&#39;m so glad they&#39;re not letting Lionel win, even at such a price.

A soft butterfly kiss and with a deft flick of the wrist he sliced her jugular and letting her fall gracefully onto the Persian rug.

I love this line, cos it&#39;s horrific and romantic all at once. The butterfly kiss is ambiguous enough that it could be a real kiss, or the kiss of the blade. I guess the whole drabble is great simultaneously tender/dark.

I admit it. I want a sequel where it&#39;s all a clever trick to foil Lionel....

Please?

*Sniff*

Not An Addict
9th December 2003, 05:54
Originally posted by beautiful N&#39; Bruised@Dec 8 2003, 06:03 PM
I admit it. I want a sequel where it&#39;s all a clever trick to foil Lionel....
Um, yeah, I gotta second that. Pleeeeeease? You could make a whole great fic from it&#33; Ooh&#33; A fic&#33; I&#39;m not too proud to beg . . .

happy bunny
9th December 2003, 06:09
Oh wow. That was amazing. It&#39;s sweet in a disturbing and twisted way, in that she loves him so much she&#39;s willing to die just to keep him out of his father&#39;s grasp. Wonderful Aimee.

And as much as I loved it I have to agree with the Sara and Not An Addict, it would be nice to see how they could work that and the possibility of a whole new fic from you... fun. :biggrin:

Gea
9th December 2003, 11:32
Oh wow&#33; I loved them both&#33; The second one is blood icing... :ohmy:

Yeah, me too. ...No way,uh? Darn

And I.am.me, I liked yours too. Good choice not telling who you had in mind (btw, I think it was Lex).

Gaia

scifichick774
10th December 2003, 17:00
:ohmy:

Disturbing and wonderful all at the same time.

Damn you.

tigerbaby
10th December 2003, 20:22
Bloody things are addictive. But so much fun&#33;&#33;

~~~~~

“You have no right to be here.”

“He was my friend too.”

“Bastard.”

“I did what was necessary,” his face an implacable mask.

Green eyes awash with unshed tears as she stood by the lone marker, majestic, like the man. “I loved him.”

“Your love was misguided.”

Eyes blazed with fury as she turned to him, stroking the titanic swell. “Does this count for nothing?” she spat.

“He left me no choice”

“There’s always a choice&#33; Leave. You desecrate his memory by merely being here.”

“Chloe…”

“Lex was my life&#33; I’ll never forgive you for this Clark, never,” she whispered.

scifichick774
10th December 2003, 20:54
Grrr. Stupid Clark.

I.am.me
10th December 2003, 21:00
fantastic fics you posted there, I especially liked the last two, because its just not as much fun, when there&#39;s not a little bit angst somewhere :biggrin:

“Lex was my life&#33; I’ll never forgive you for this Clark, never,” she whispered.

loved that line

Julie
10th December 2003, 21:23
Haven&#39;t read any of the parts here folks, but if any of you should write a R or NC17 part, it would be a good idea to put a warning before the part ;)

beautiful N' Bruised
11th December 2003, 00:54
OoH, nice. Nasty, nasty Clark.

Chloe needs to avenge Lex, soon. *hint hint*

Not An Addict
11th December 2003, 01:13
*beats Clark about the head with Kryptonite baseball bat*

*stands over Clark&#39;s now prone and lifeless body*

Grrr&#33; Well, he&#39;s dead now. ^_^

beautiful N' Bruised
11th December 2003, 01:41
Originally posted by Not An Addict@Dec 10 2003, 11:13 PM
*beats Clark about the head with Kryptonite baseball bat*

*stands over Clark&#39;s now prone and lifeless body*

Grrr&#33; Well, he&#39;s dead now. ^_^
Thanks, Not An Addict, I can sleep easier now.

happy bunny
11th December 2003, 02:32
Have I told you guys recently how much I hate Clark? Well, just in case, I HATE HIM. :die: Self-righteous bastard. :tease: DIE&#33;

*clears throat* :blush: Well, now that that&#39;s out of the way, great drabble Aimee&#33; I really liked it.

hfce
11th December 2003, 02:47
That was great :)

tigerbaby
11th December 2003, 03:21
RUN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; She&#39;s back with another one&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

*ahem* I hold Jules personally responsible for this with that post about ratings. This came out in the chat with Kelly and Sienna about NC-17 drabbles and if it was possible to do (yes pun intended) in 100 words. This is what I came up with. This is for B&B, NAA, Kris and Kelly. You&#39;ll know why when you read it.

WARNING&#33; WARNING&#33; NC-17 Material

~~~

He plunged his throbbing member in her tight channel, his shaft buried to the hilt inside her silken sheath. His head dropped forward onto her heaving mounds as he let out a strangled groan. His maleness thrusting in a frenzy against her softness. He could feel the crescendo build and with one last jerk, he came in a flurry of emotion, his essence mixing with her juices. He felt drained, weakened, more so than usual. He pulled back, confusion in his gaze.

“Chloe?”

“Liquid Kryptonite,” pure hatred shining from eyes that had so recently reflected passion. “This was for Lex.”

happy bunny
11th December 2003, 03:29
Hee hee. You already know how much I love this, but hey, an ego-stroke is always good, right?

:yay3: Yay&#33; Clark&#39;s gonna die&#33; I hope it&#39;s *really* painful. *ahem* Sorry bout that, violent tendencies creeping in again. :blush: Awesome A&#33;

Lulucifer
11th December 2003, 03:32
wow, nicely done. Clark probably really deserve that.

Not An Addict
11th December 2003, 07:09
w00t&#33; Hell yeah&#33; Hee. Reminds me of a line from one of Sabby and Blue&#39;s pieces: &#39;la petite mort taken too literally&#39;. ^_^ FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC&#33; Although . . . ew . . . Chloe/Clark sex . . . eeeeewwwwwww. >_< But now I get to picture Clark dying a slow, painful death. His blood starts to boil . . . all that air trying to escape . . . the death rattle that catches in his throat . . .

*glances up, looks around sheepishly*

Heh. Ok, so I&#39;ve been thinking about it a little. Sue me.

scifichick774
11th December 2003, 14:55
WOOT&#33;

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC&#33;

Damn straight.

sylvia
11th December 2003, 16:03
Third Time Lucky

Not since Desiree Atkins had his senses been so forcefully overpowered. Not since Helen Bryce had a woman&#39;s approval meant more to him than the ingrained Luthor urge to crush, claim, and conquer. And now he had met a woman that could do both of those things to him, and more.

Any other man would have thanked the gods and put it down to &#39;third time lucky&#39;.

Lex Luthor was not any other man.

Tranquilizer, check. Gas mask, check. Discreet strap-on parachute, check, he thought, patting the small revolver that was nestled delicately in his jacket pocket as the woman he loved made her way gracefully down the aisle.

He was sure she wouldn&#39;t blame him for being just a little paranoid.

hfce
11th December 2003, 17:21
:lol: Sylvia :lol: that was great.

Not An Addict
11th December 2003, 19:51
LOL&#33;&#33;

Either Chloe&#39;s gonna laugh her ass off when she finds out about all his precautions, or she&#39;s gonna beat him within an inch of his life.

Either way, it&#39;d be entertaining to watch. ^_^

Not An Addict
11th December 2003, 20:04
Ok, in honor of the last day of classes (w00t&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;), I bring you a little bit of levity:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m sorry Lex.” There were tears in her eyes that she refused to let fall. “I just . . . I don’t think I can do this anymore.”

“Chloe.” His eyes were pleading with her. “Please, don’t do this. You don&#39;t have to be afraid.” He took her in his arms, held her close. “We don’t have to be afraid, as long as we’re together.”

“Promise?”

“I promise. I love you.”

“Ok.” She took a deep breath and grabbed Lana’s hair again, then picked up the shining silver scissors. “Let’s do this before she wakes up.”

tigerbaby
11th December 2003, 20:31
LMAO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I *love* devious Chlex.

Thanks for the pick me up :biggrin:

Gea
11th December 2003, 20:33
Aimee&#33; Fan-freakin-tastic indeed&#33;

Sylvia, I&#39;ll just say: :lol:

And Not An Addict, nice way to celebrate last day of classes&#33;

Gaia

hfce
11th December 2003, 21:01
Not an Addict :lol:

Hope :lol:

beautiful N' Bruised
11th December 2003, 22:05
Aimee&#39;s revenge fic: Oo&#33; and Ew&#33; So didn&#39;t need that image in my head *shudder.* But love Chloe&#39;s deviousness.

Now that the BDA is dead, does this mean she&#39;s all set for world domination? Need to size up the competition, you see ;)

Slyvia&#39;s Third Time Lucky: LMAO&#33;&#33; He&#39;s such a cute geek, isn&#39;t he? I can only guess Chloe&#39;s reaction...

Not An Addict: Nooo, Chlex&#33; Not her only asset&#33;

Who am I kidding - can I watch, please? :devil:

happy bunny
12th December 2003, 03:30
Sylvia, that is so frigging funny&#33; :lol: I could just picture him stuffing all of that in his tux before the wedding. *giggles*

And, Not An Addict, LMAO&#33; Hee hee. I&#39;d kill to see the look on blana&#39;s face when she notices what they did to her hair.

...Wait, who am I kidding? Blana doesn&#39;t have facial expressions... *g*

carebear72884
14th December 2003, 21:16
wow, i love this drabbles, all of them, you guys are so good at getting so much across in so few words. i might become addicted to reading just drabbles, lol, great job everyone.

vardaquareien
15th December 2003, 10:59
Wow these drabbles are great guys&#33;&#33;&#33;

Aimee, I&#39;m so proud of you my &#39;lil gutter girl&#33;&#33;&#33; Poor Chloe though having to endure sex with Clunk but what an ending&#33; :devil:

Sylvia, :pclol: I can just picture Lex doing that&#33;&#33;&#33; I can just imagine later that night as they begin their honeymoon. Nice sexy atmosphere, Lex begins to remove his clothes...and all his precautions&#33; Talk about a mood killer&#33;&#33;&#33;

And Adeylan&#33; *gazes off blissfully into space* An attack on the Pink Princess of Blahness&#33;&#33;&#33; What could be more satisfying than that&#33;&#33;&#33;? And I love the way you don&#39;t reveal what they&#39;re actually talking about &#39;til the last couple of lines&#33; :applause:

Shay
31st December 2003, 05:06
Okay...I was reading the archived challenges (because my muse has deserted me) and saw this challenge to have Lex and Chloe have their clothes off in 25 words or less. And admittedly I read it wrong and thought it had to be a short smut fic in 25 words or less. Here it is.

In 25

"Deeper Lex&#33;"

Legs spread wider; he went deeper.

"So hot and tight."

"Oh God Lex&#33;"

Headboard banging against the wall.

"AAAHHH CHLOE&#33;"

Always so good&#33;
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or how about

Liquid heat surrounded him

Velvet steel penetrated her

Slow languid movements

Soft Whispers

"I love you Lex."

"I, you Chloe."

Penetrating deep, they both came.
~~~~~~~

vardaquareien
1st January 2004, 06:03
ohhh nice&#33;&#33;&#33; Short and smutty&#33;

hfce
2nd January 2004, 16:29
Wow nice and smutty... :blinkkiss:

Hope :drool:

Val
17th January 2004, 04:06
Ok, here is my first try, I&#39;m going to post is cos my muse refused to let me sleep until I wrote that last night:

Contrasts

His was a world of shades of gray; calculated actions and deceitful words.
Hers was a world of bright yellows and crimson reds; spontaneous actions and passionated words.

Hazel Met Gray.

Contrasts and yet so alike. A unique combination. Chemistry.
Fiery Passion and Calculated Moves.

A deadly combination with a misunderstood perfection.

-----------------

I dunno if I got it right... :blush:

hfce
17th January 2004, 04:14
Val that was great. :clap:

Not An Addict
17th January 2004, 05:50
Hee&#33; I like. ^_^ Gotta love that color imagery and symbolism. Great job&#33;

scifichick774
17th January 2004, 16:35
Ooh - nice.

carebear72884
17th June 2004, 04:28
I miss this thread so much that i think it is time i got it going again, so i wrote my own, i was at work at the time and couldn&#39;t remeber the word limit, so i wrote them 50 or less, but i think they are all around 45 words..They are based on right after the last eppy, i haven&#39;t been on here in a while so if they are like anyones fics i am sorry, i am thinking about writing a whole fic based on them, but not sure if i have the time or if it is a good enough idea, tell me what you think...

Chloe glanced back at the FBI agent one last time, a slight grin and a flash of recognition.
He works for Lionel, Clark can’t save me this time, were her last thoughts as she dove under a table and the house came down upon her.

--

He took a sip of brandy, it went down hard.
Chloe, I hope to god he didn’t get her too, his mind screamed as he smashed through his glass desk.

--

“I barely escaped the explosion Clark, and Lex is in the hospital from poisoning, you have to help us, Lionel won’t let it go.”
“You brought this on yourself; you can’t leave well enough alone.”

--

“Clark, you can’t treat him like this, he is your friend.”
“He researched me Chloe, behind my back.”
“Maybe if you didn’t lie to your friends they wouldn’t have to look into your past.”

--

“What are we going to do now?”
“Nothing, you’re getting out of this well you still can, Chloe, I won’t let my father ruin your life”
“He already has.”
He nodded his head, he knew. Her father was dead.
“We’ll do it together then.”

hfce
17th June 2004, 19:04
Amber that is beautiful. :)

Hope ;)

Janet
18th October 2004, 19:14
The Adventures of Snark & Baldy.... ;)

Adventures of Snark & Baldy, Part 1

Snark & Baldy: Part 1

Snark and Baldy wake up in the morning amid purple silk sheets.
A couple hours after they wake up, they get out of bed.
Baldy makes Snark her coffee.
Snark feels human.
Snark grabs the paper and consumes it, grinning when she spots her byline on the front page.
Baldy steals the business section, kisses Snark goodbye, and heads out the door off to make another billion dollars.
Snark wakes the kids up.

Adventures of Snark & Baldy, Part 2

Snark & Baldy: Part 2

Snark wakes up the kids.
Gets them dressed and fed.
Grabs the keys and the brown paper bag lunches Baldy packed for them all.
Backs out of the garage, swearing not to scratch the Mercedes against the mailbox again.
A voice pipes up from the backseat.
Mommy? What&#39;s a nympho?
Eyes jerk to the rearview mirror.
Mommy, Uncle Clark said you were a nympho....
Plots ways to kill that spandex-lovin&#39; SOB

Adventures of Snark & Baldy, Part 3

Snark & Baldy: Part 3

Hee hee hoo&#33; Hee hee hoo&#33;
"That&#39;s it Mrs. Luthor, keep breathing, you&#39;re almost there"
NOOOO&#33;&#33;&#33; Baldy runs into the room out of breath
"This can&#39;t continue. I&#39;ve just spoken with Al and Miles"
Snark hisses.
"Apparently, we can&#39;t have sex," Baldy frowns.
The doctor eyes trail disbelievingly to Snark&#39;s swollen tummy.
Snark, "they&#39;re telling you this now? This is our third child&#33;&#33;&#33;"
"Get your ass down here, hold my hand, and let me PUSH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;"
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Later....

Al and Miles stoll into the nursery hand in hand
"You know, they are kinda cute together..."
"And hey, every time they have a kid we get free cookies&#33;"
"Really?"
"Yeah... the fans send them... some NSers...."
"That&#39;s cool"
"Yeah, it really is"
"How soon do you think it&#39;ll be till they can have another one?"

LaLa
18th October 2004, 22:00
:chlexsign1: OH MY GOD&#33; this is funny&#33; Hope Baldy and Snarky r goig to have more adventures&#33;&#33; :blinkkiss:

xoxo LaLa

Janet
18th October 2004, 22:12
yup LaLa.... they will... :wink:

asharnanae
18th October 2004, 23:06
:biggrin: *snigger* hehehehe, this is great, I epecially loved that baldy made the lunches, and that nser&#39;s gave M&G cookies every time they had a child&#33;&#33;&#33; more&#33; :yay:

hfce
18th October 2004, 23:24
:lol: Oh my that was good. More please...

Hope ;)

ColumbiaBlue
19th October 2004, 03:55
Yay&#33;&#33;&#33; You posted them&#33;&#33;&#33; *still* hilarious the second, third, and fourth time around reading them&#33;&#33;&#33;

Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;&#33;&#33;

~Manda

Janet
21st October 2004, 21:09
Entertainment News, with Janet Coughy

Janet: *cough* "Ahem&#33; In news today, Smallville&#39;s Allison Mack has quit the show and is moving on to Veronica Mars. Mack will be playin Mars&#39; long lost older half sister&#39;s lesbian girlfriend. Next Thursday Allison will be marrying SV&#39;s John Glover (Lionel Luthor) in a quiet beach ceremony. The couple apparently got together because they read a really good Chlionel fic online and it got them to look at each other in a different way. In other news, Michael Rosenbaum was beaten up by 3000 women. The Mack/Glover wedding and Rosenbaum beating appear to be related, further investigation is pending."

LaLa
21st October 2004, 21:26
:goof: too good for words, although, i&#39;d like to know why it is related...maybe I&#39;m a real rainman on this but I didn&#39;t understood lol but the visual of those news made me laugh very loudly :biggrin:

xox LaLa

Janet
21st October 2004, 21:52
LaLa.... :biggrin: AM and JG got together cuz of a Chlionel fic. Think &#39;bout all the beautiful Chlex fics out there.... AM and MR coulda taken the hint instead... ;)

LaLa
21st October 2004, 22:44
:huh: ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh&#33; light strikes on my poopy head&#33; thank u lol i am soo slow sometimes, it&#39;s scary&#33; :goof:

ok i got it AM AND MR GET TOGETHER NOW DAMNIT&#33; that would cause less trouble, there&#33; lol :chlexsign2:

xox LaLa

hfce
22nd October 2004, 02:49
Ok but I rather it was AM and MR but what do I know. ;)

Hope :chlexsign4:

hfce
22nd October 2004, 15:26
Oh my Lord :lol:

Hope :lol:

kitten
23rd October 2004, 00:07
I&#39;m attempting a drabble to curb my word count. I can&#39;t seem to get a chapter in under 1800 words and my signature used to be 200 or so. But this is 100 words exactly.

This is an extension of my new sig and a companion to Survival, since I&#39;m obsessed with it at the moment.

He returned home, judged and morally executed by outside eyes, seeking the shelter of his lonely study. His seat of power, the only room in his castle that didn’t have his father’s gloaming presence. The room he could picture her in, giving him all she had and trusting him to repay it.

But it wasn’t empty or lonely, a blond head bowed in sleep over a sofa. Glowing homecoming making the roughest stone a feather bed, slack in trust and confident in his return.

Golden welcoming lighting dark walls, heedless of his astonishment that she would never leave him willingly.

hfce
23rd October 2004, 00:15
Originally posted by nonky@Oct 22 2004, 11:07 PM
I&#39;m attempting a drabble to curb my word count. I can&#39;t seem to get a chapter in under 1800 words and my signature used to be 200 or so. But this is 100 words exactly.

This is an extension of my new sig and a companion to Survival, since I&#39;m obsessed with it at the moment.

He returned home, judged and morally executed by outside eyes, seeking the shelter of his lonely study. His seat of power, the only room in his castle that didn’t have his father’s gloaming presence. The room he could picture her in, giving him all she had and trusting him to repay it.

But it wasn’t empty or lonely, a blond head bowed in sleep over a sofa. Glowing homecoming making the roughest stone a feather bed, slack in trust and confident in his return.

Golden welcoming lighting dark walls, heedless of his astonishment that she would never leave him willingly.
Wow that was deep. :cool:

Hope :chlexsign4:

Janet
23rd October 2004, 02:03
Awww nonky&#33; *shivers*

kitten
24th October 2004, 23:53
I had a drabble in my head when I woke up&#33; (Or an idea for a short story, but I&#39;m committed to finishing at least one long story first.)

SPOILERS AHEAD:

SPOILER WARNING FOR SCARE ie UPCOMING EPISODE WHERE CHLOE BELIEVES SHE IS GOING INSANE.

When people asked about the bruise, she never told them it was from Lex. She didn’t know where she had ran. But she remembered it well.

Insanity had been rolling and wrapping around her like a smug alligator going in for the kill.

Lex would save her, and she ran to his strength only to find it turned against her. He cornered her and his hand struck her face . . .

Her head cleared as he picked her up and carried her, pulling her in bed with him, implacable. He folded her close as their terrors rode them, chastely clinging, saving each other.

hfce
25th October 2004, 03:27
Interesting and scary..... :huh:

sylvia
25th October 2004, 09:34
Wow. Very dramatic, for something so short. I like it.

asharnanae
12th November 2004, 23:31
:biggrin: heheheheheheeh&#33; now thats what you call a drabble&#33;&#33;

Fantastic&#33; I think My fave was the third onw though&#33; Justs sounded horrific&#33; :yay:

hfce
13th November 2004, 00:49
Ok :lol: that was weird.

Hope ;)

kitten
17th November 2004, 13:27
Just a 200 word drabble for the entertainment of others (and to make up for my last creepy one).

One typical day at The Talon, Chloe Sullivan and Lex Luthor find themselves watching another ambivalent mating ritual between Clark and Lana.

Chloe: *sigh* Is it pompous of me to say I’m certain if I ever decided to get swept up in an all-consuming love that I’d be much better at it than those two?

Lex: *sexy eyebrow* Not at all. I’ve always been quite sure that you and I, for example, would already be screwing each other to premature hip replacements if we were so inclined.

Chloe: *coy glance* I’d agree with that assessment.

Lex: *looks in day planner* In fact, if you and I were engaging in a steamy romance I’m quite certain we’d already have scheduled a rendezvous for six p.m. tonight.

Chloe: *looks in day planner* Well, that seems reasonable, but I would think our assignations would be later so that I could spend the night, with my father none the wiser. Say ten-thirty p.m.

Lex: *nods* Secrecy is very alluring sometimes, not that I’d ever be ashamed of having such a lovely young woman as yourself on my . . . arm.

Chloe: *wry eyebrow* Thanks, I think.

*Both make note in day planners and put them away*

Janet
17th November 2004, 19:18
*squeal*

Screwing each other to premature hip replacements... WONDERFUL&#33; :biggrin:

And thanks LaLa. ;) *starts a club for children dropped on their heads as babies*

hfce
17th November 2004, 21:17
Janet and Nonky great job with yuor drabbles. :clap:

Janet
18th November 2004, 01:11
Oh you bet it is... :devil:

Those were completely separate little drabbles though... just so ya know ;)

hfce
9th December 2004, 16:09
Those were great Janet. :lol:

Hope ;)

tigerbaby
2nd January 2005, 01:49
AN: Okies, have decided to get back on the writing wagon and thought this was the best way as it&#39;s short and sweet as I want to resurrect my drabble story. I&#39;m not happy with it, but it&#39;s all about discipline isn&#39;t it?

*~*~*~*~*

His hand felt like it was being crushed. For such a petite person, Chloe had a pretty strong grip. He tried to extricate himself from her grasp to no avail. She only held on tighter. His fingers were starting to turn blue but it was a small price to pay.

Her hair was lanky and plastered to her face. Sweat was dripping down her brow and her face was contorted into an expression of pain but she had never looked more beautiful.

One last squeeze, a cry of relief and it was over.

“Congratulations Chloe, it’s a girl,” he whispered.

CathrynJ
2nd January 2005, 17:53
A/N: Figured, I might as well make up for &#39;In the Dark&#39; by posting a drabble. ;-) I didn&#39;t manage to cut it down to 100 words, but I hope that&#39;s okay. Thanks in advance for any comments.

~~~

Stuck

If there was one thing he was sure of, it was that this would end badly. He didn’t think he’d be able to help her, even with the aid of his more questionable methods.

When she had arrived, her eyes had been swollen red from crying. He had put his work down at once and demanded to know what was wrong. She’d reacted badly. He should have known; after all, women were fickle creatures (he&#39;d read that once, and memorized it). Besides, he had to admit that it was rather obvious—usually, she did not look this puffy.

He had listened to her explanation while keeping a lookout for any followers. Apparently, it was a case of research gone bad, with one of her test objects ending up where it did not belong.

He saw no solution other than to call the authorities, even if it was against her wishes: “Daddy, help&#33; Lily has marbles stuck up her nose again&#33;”

In the study across the hall, a groaning Lex turned to his wife: “I swear Chloe, it’s not me they got that troublesome streak from&#33;”

June
2nd January 2005, 18:49
Originally posted by CathrynJ@Jan 2 2005, 05:53 PM

In the study across the hall, a groaning Lex turned to his wife: “I swear Chloe, it’s not me they got that troublesome streak from&#33;”
That just made me laugh. Very cute.

June

hfce
2nd January 2005, 20:38
:lol: that was cute.

H.

teejei
3rd March 2005, 23:58
hey there! this is my first time here in this part of the forum. :biggrin: i'd also like to contribute my drabbles. so without further ado....

Rating: G to PG13…just to be safe
Disclaimer: None are mine, only the minor plots. Though to have Lex on eternal loan would be truly appreciated. *grin*

Done For
Spoilers: Forsaken
Summary: “Besides, I know you won’t let anything happen to me.” [One of the essential quotes a true CHLEXer must memorize. Ü] Lex POV during that particular “Forsaken” moment.
A/N: Thanks to all my drabbles communities in LiveJournal for exposing me to different styles, to beccap (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/712836/) over at FF.net for inspiring me with her fics “The Life I Chose” and “The First Man You Remember”, to XMarisolX (http://www.fanfiction.net/u/567710/) and the first drabble I ever read, “Taxes”. I know this scene has been used so many times already in videos, the opening line inserted and modified in so many fics, etc. Well, I just want to share my take on one of the ship-defining moments of CHLEX. First drabble, un-beta-ed. Constructive criticism please. Very open to suggestions for improvement. Ü

“Besides, I know you won’t let anything happen to me.”

Nobody really relied on me. Nobody ever put that much faith on my protection. Nobody ever looked at me so expectantly.

A smirk. I try to pass it for all the smiles I wanted to show, and the words of assurances to shower upon her.

Lex Luthor. The usually articulate, eloquent billionaire playboy, rendered speechless…and struggling to prove himself by a highschool girl.

The moment Chloe Sullivan beamed that mega-watt smile with a mix of trust and vulnerability in her eyes; my worst fear emerged.

Crap, I’m so done for.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hero
Spoilers: None, I think. Do let me know if there are some.

I may not have the strength of 10 men. I may not have superspeed. I may not be invincible. I may not be a superman.

However...

I can give you a new identity or a regular column in the Daily Planet. I’ll buy any major newspaper in the country for you. I can assure protection from my father. I can take away all your pain and regrets. I can offer you the world.

Just let me in and I’ll prove my worth. Just save my soul tonight.

I may not be Clark Kent.

But I can be your hero, Chloe.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Home
Spoilers: None, I think. Do let me know if there are some.

After all the business trips, the decisions made with boardroom sharks, the meetings and negotiations, all the pointless parties and mindless chatter, and the “family moments” with his father…Lex Luthor calls it a day and prepares to go home.

But where is it?

Home is not the Metropolis penthouse. Home is not the mansion. Hell, not even the plant office is home.

Now, as cliché as it sounds, home is where the heart is. And his is currently in Smallville.

I’m coming home, Chloe; he tells her heart in his hands.

He could almost hear her reply; I’m waiting, Lex.

star del mar
4th March 2005, 06:17
I love drabbles&#33;&#33; I liked all of them but the first one was my favorite. I just enjoyed the last line, lol. I look forward to reading more&#33;&#33;

Steph*

hfce
5th March 2005, 03:59
Oh my Lord those were beautiful. :clap:

kitten
8th March 2005, 08:01
A post-graduation drabble. 225 words.

He told her one unassuming summer day when she was eighteen, and let her sit in judgment of all he was and all he had worked so hard to hide about himself. The silence was deafening until she shook her head and laughed gently at his tension.

“It doesn’t change anything.”

Smiling.

His hopes soared and there was a freedom of truth she had tried to express to him in all her lessons about journalism. Chloe knew and she wasn’t revolted or frightened. It didn’t change anything. He could be himself and keep her. She still loved him, and Lana’s insipid affections could be cast aside for that precious gift.

“I’ve been seeing Lex. I love him. I’ll keep your secret but this . . . confidence in me, it’s too late.”

As she walked quietly out of his life, Clark realized there was no one to blame but himself. In the years that followed he would also realize the heartbreaks he had felt over Lana were only stings to his ego, but the end of his friendship with Chloe was the first crack in his soul.

He couldn’t take it out on her, or on himself, but her husband’s betrayal of their friendship would bear the brunt. Lex would pay for being sighted where Clark was blind. He would pay for being blessed where Clark was grieved.

Krysia
8th March 2005, 08:29
I love the ending. You have a wonderfull way with words.

hfce
8th March 2005, 16:24
Wow that was powerful and I love your signature. LOL!

crankychick
8th March 2005, 16:29
*sniffles*

I'm betraying my UN by becoming snifflychick. Chloe standing up for herself makes me so proud :)

teejei
8th March 2005, 18:50
a lesson learned too late for clark...it goes to show how he really values his friendship with chloe if he's just telling her then...it's good to know that she puts her loyalty where it's truly needed AND deserved. :D

star del mar
9th March 2005, 03:58
I liked it! Even though it was Clark being slow as usual, I'm glad that Chloe to stood up for herself. She deserves to be happy with someone who appreciates her.

Steph*

Kit Merlot
10th March 2005, 19:36
Okay, kids, I’ve got three drabbles, all of varying length, but they are connected. ENJOY! :)

The town of Smallville was a tightly knit community where everyone knew everyone else’s business. For Chloe Sullivan, this had always been a curse. The entire town knew when she got in over head when she was chasing a story, and they knew when Clark ditched her at the dance. Her funeral was packed, but her return from the dead hardly caused a stir.

But what really caused the townspeople to talk was Lex Luthor’s inexplicable behavior towards the blonde reporter. She risked her life to help put away his father, and he, in turn, kept her and her father safe.

Then for the past six months, it was as if they had never become friends. They did meet up for about two minutes at The Talon, and those present held their breaths in anticipation, but they simply looked at each other.

Drastic measures needed to be taken before it was too late.

Lionel Luthor stood in front of his mirror, wearing his best suit with his hair appropriately styled. He looked dapper and he practiced smiling engagingly, concentrating on looking less predatory.

Sincerity was the name of the game, and the only way he would get what he wanted.

He turned his head towards the door, and hid his smile when his son entered the room, and viscously kicked the door closed behind him.

“Dad, just what the hell are you doing with Chloe Sullivan?”

Lex rushed into The Talon, and watched in horror when his father placed a hand on Chloe’s shoulder.

He rushed up to the pair, and pulled Chloe roughly from her chair, shouting, “Dad, get your damn hands off of her!”

Before his father could respond, Lex turned to Chloe. “I’m sorry that I’ve been ignoring you, but I thought it was for the best. Now my father is trying to hurt you again, and I won’t let that happen.”

Lex then turned to his father, “If you try to hurt Chloe or her father, I will personally rip your throat out!”

Everyone in the café stopped talking and waited to see what would happen next.

Lionel turned to Martha and said, “You owe me twenty bucks!”

kitten
10th March 2005, 20:00
Those were hilarious Kit. If Lionel really is trying to improve lives he should start with the ones he destroyed, right? And Lex is at the top of the list, but that's probably a long-term goal. Chloe and Gabe could be a project for the novice reformed billionaire bastard.

Incidently was there something cut off from your last drabble? I see "T floating all alone right at the end.

Kit Merlot
10th March 2005, 20:29
Those were hilarious Kit. If Lionel really is trying to improve lives he should start with the ones he destroyed, right? And Lex is at the top of the list, but that's probably a long-term goal. Chloe and Gabe could be a project for the novice reformed billionaire bastard.

Incidently was there something cut off from your last drabble? I see "T floating all alone right at the end.

Yes, that little "T" floating in space is just bad editing--I fixed it.

teejei
10th March 2005, 21:21
Lionel turned to Martha and said, “You owe me twenty bucks!”

the look on Lex's face after that: priceless! :D

it's fun to read about MB when he's all scheming and doing it for Lex's good. and i mean REALLY for his good, not another trap disguised "under the veil of mentorship". ;)

hfce
11th March 2005, 00:20
Ok that was fun. LOL!

star del mar
11th March 2005, 04:43
I liked all of them, I enjoy drabbles but that last one got me laughing, lol! Good job!

Steph*

starmoon
15th March 2005, 08:42
Enjoyed it very much.

tracyaching
5th June 2005, 22:21
I've always been a fan of Chlex club moments- the anonimity of the darkness, heated bodies pressed together in desperation, etc.- so heres a little drabble to celebrate it.

As Chloe tried to slip away from him, Lex took her wrist, "Where did a small town reporter learn to dance like that?"

She smiled winosomely at him, in sharp contrast to the heated moments just before, "At the small town reporter academy of dance. Didn't you ever see it? It's right down the road from the bald billionaire's ballroom."

Kit Merlot
17th June 2005, 17:31
I've always been a fan of Chlex club moments- the anonimity of the darkness, heated bodies pressed together in desperation, etc.- so heres a little drabble to celebrate it.

As Chloe tried to slip away from him, Lex took her wrist, "Where did a small town reporter learn to dance like that?"

She smiled winosomely at him, in sharp contrast to the heated moments just before, "At the small town reporter academy of dance. Didn't you ever see it? It's right down the road from the bald billionaire's ballroom."

This was excellent, really excellent :D

tracyaching
19th June 2005, 18:17
Here's another little something that's been rattling around in my brain. Might as well get it out. Warning- a little smutty.

Lex found Chloe with her back pressed aginst the edge of a doorjamb. She was moving up and down, her head thrown back, when with a loud groan she opened her eyes to find Lex watching her.

"My back itches." She explained, pink faced.

"Turn around." Lex's voice was hoarse. She turned slowly and Lex stepped closer. When he touched her between her shoulder blades, she drew a sudden breath. He began to scratch gently, using his nails through the thin material of her shirt.

"Is that the right spot?"

"A little lower." Chloe's voice was unsteady. He moved his hand down, obligingly and stepped closer yet. Chloe could feel his breath on her neck. "Mmm. . ." A contented little purr slid out of her against her will.

"Better?" Lex's voice in her ear.

"Yes." The word is long, drawn out as though she is saying yes to all sorts of questions he hasn't even asked yet.

hfce
19th June 2005, 22:22
That was nice... :D

Hope ;)

teejei
19th June 2005, 23:24
"Yes." The word is long, drawn out as though she is saying yes to all sorts of questions he hasn't even asked yet.oooohhh, and considering the sort of questions Lex could ask...:ecstatic:

Loved. It. :D

star del mar
20th June 2005, 04:56
Ooh, that was a definite goody. Way to condense it all into a drabble :)

Steph*

Kit Merlot
20th June 2005, 18:21
Nice drabble--I like the imagery :grin3:

Sandy
12th August 2005, 02:18
I couldn't write a drabble even if it bit me in the arm.. I wanna try tho. Maybe sometime. Those were good. :)

Sandy

hfce
17th August 2005, 14:21

That is a good one. :rofl:

teejei
18th October 2005, 00:20
Title: Latch
Fandom: Smallville
Characters: Chloe Sullivan/Lex Luthor
Prompt: 71. Broken
Word Count: 109
Rating: G
A/N: Not mine. Will never be. No profits. Will return. First response to fanfic100 prompts over at LJ.

It was something that should have bothered her. That stupid door latch in the Torch is still broken and she knew she had to fix it. She always promised herself that she'd finally tinker with it, but she just forgets.

Under rug swept. Everything seems to be nowadays.

Like...her and Lex.

It was something that should have bothered her. They are broken and she knows what will fix them. She always promised herself that she'd finally corner Lex and confront him about her apparent non-existence to him last year, but she just forgets.

The Torch door still won’t close properly, completely. And neither will they find their own closure.

=====
*runs and hides* :P

hfce
18th October 2005, 14:24
Title: Latch
Fandom: Smallville
Characters: Chloe Sullivan/Lex Luthor
Prompt: 71. Broken
Word Count: 109
Rating: G
A/N: Not mine. Will never be. No profits. Will return. First response to fanfic100 prompts over at LJ.

It was something that should have bothered her. That stupid door latch in the Torch is still broken and she knew she had to fix it. She always promised herself that she'd finally tinker with it, but she just forgets.

Under rug swept. Everything seems to be nowadays.

Like...her and Lex.

It was something that should have bothered her. They are broken and she knows what will fix them. She always promised herself that she'd finally corner Lex and confront him about her apparent non-existence to him last year, but she just forgets.

The Torch door still won’t close properly, completely. And neither will they find their own closure.

=====
*runs and hides* :P

That was sad . :(

teejei
18th October 2005, 21:40
That was sad . :(is it so wrong for me to be happy that you thought it was sad? :grin:

thank you for reading! :love2:

teejei
27th October 2005, 03:31
my first entry to this week's wednesday100 challenge over at LJ...

Angel-Hair

As he entered the annual Tri-Psi Halloween Costume Ball, Clark couldn't help but gasp.

"P-Professor Fine, I...I..." Clark stammered.

"Mr. Kent, don't tell me you haven't seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer before."

"Of course, sir...it's just that, um..." Clark babbled, eyes still glued to his teacher's head. More likely, his hair.

"Oh, the hair!" Fine exclaimed, smoothing his hands over dyed-blonde locks.

Clark nodded vigorously.

"I do pull off a mean Spike, if I may say so myself." A fake British accent topping off his 'look' for the night.

Dammit!, Clark thought. I knew I should have gone as Angel.

teejei
27th October 2005, 03:32
and here's the second one...

Devil's Mate

Chloe barged into his study wielding her sword and shield. Lex almost recoiled at the sight but caught himself a split-second later.

"Why the hell aren't you dressed?!"

"Such language from an angel, wouldn't you say, Chloe?"

"You planned this whole Halloween party, Lex. The least you can do is show up in it."

"I'd rather not."

"Please, Lex. How the hell am I gonna pull off this Gabriel getup?"

"But I don't have any costume, Chloe."

"Ah, but I come prepared." Chloe replied, brandishing a pitchfork that was hidden in her massive wings.

Lex blinked. "I'll get my leather."

hfce
27th October 2005, 06:22
That was good :D

Hope ;)

teejei
27th October 2005, 23:47
and i swear this is my third and last one for that challenge...

Hasty Eternity

"I wish I was Buffy." Chloe sighed and buried herself deeper into Lex's embrace.

"What for?"

"Because she has two totally devoted vampires."

"What?!"

"Haven't you wondered what it'll be like to have someone choose to be with you even if they have an eternity to enjoy other future company?"

"Well..."

"Or better yet, be a vampire yourself and enjoy eternity together?" Chloe practically bounced on the couch.

"You crave that kind of fate, Chloe?"

"Yes. With you." Chloe breathed out.

"Perfect." Lex replied, golden eyes glinting and sharp fangs latching.

"Beautiful." Chloe got to whisper before slipping into darkness.

p.s. inspired by Fiona's obra maestra here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=1355). :love2:

hfce
28th October 2005, 14:23
and i swear this is my third and last one for that challenge...

Hasty Eternity

"I wish I was Buffy." Chloe sighed and buried herself deeper into Lex's embrace.

"What for?"

"Because she has two totally devoted vampires."

"What?!"

"Haven't you wondered what it'll be like to have someone choose to be with you even if they have an eternity to enjoy other future company?"

"Well..."

"Or better yet, be a vampire yourself and enjoy eternity together?" Chloe practically bounced on the couch.

"You crave that kind of fate, Chloe?"

"Yes. With you." Chloe breathed out.

"Perfect." Lex replied, golden eyes glinting and sharp fangs latching.

"Beautiful." Chloe got to whisper before slipping into darkness.

p.s. inspired by Fiona's obra maestra here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=1355). :love2:

That was great. :D

teejei
28th October 2005, 17:52
thanks! this cold autumn air is just doing wonders on my muse. right, Mischa? *nudge*

*looks up from petting Chlex bunnies*
Mischa: Wah?

oh yeah. :D

Reese
30th October 2005, 00:27
Okay, so I don't know if this necessarily qualifies as a "drabble" but it's too short to be a short story so...

Thanks to Hope for mentioning this on a thread somewhere. I'd been looking for somewhere to post this.

This Time

Sometimes he likes to push himself to the edge just to see if he can bring himself back before it’s too late.

Sometimes he throws himself into a situation he’s not truly prepared for just to see if he can find his way out.

Sometimes people get hurt.

Most of the time he doesn’t care.

Once in awhile she imagines herself with the man of her dreams living happily ever after.

Once in awhile she convinces herself that she’s okay with the fact it’ll never turn out that way.

Once in awhile she cries so hard she thinks she might break.

Most of the time she doesn’t let anyone else see.

This time they’re going to experience something they’ve never known before.

This time no one will get hurt, including them.

This time won’t necessarily be forever.

Most of the time it never is.

Natasha
30th October 2005, 00:32
I enjoyed your this. It was very well put.

Natasha

teejei
30th October 2005, 19:47
This time won’t necessarily be forever.

Most of the time it never is.ouch. complete with the sting of reality. you still have it in you, Reese. :hug:

hfce
31st October 2005, 06:15
That was great Reese angsty and all. :)

Hope ;)

star del mar
31st October 2005, 06:28
A little sad but that's ok, I really liked it. I think Chloe and Lex's relationship for the most part is always tinged with a little bit of sadness.

sylvia
4th November 2005, 16:24
The structure works nicely, and it's amazing how insightful you can be in twelve lines. Well done.

tracyaching
14th January 2006, 19:14
Sometimes he likes to push himself to the edge just to see if he can bring himself back before it’s too late.

Sometimes he throws himself into a situation he’s not truly prepared for just to see if he can find his way out.

Sometimes people get hurt.

Most of the time he doesn’t care.

Lex in four perfect sentences. Wow. Essential in exactly the way a drabble should be! Thank-you.

tracyaching
10th February 2006, 01:20
Here is a little scene I wrote for TwoSides that I could never quite fit into the story. I've always like it though so here it is-

Lex is standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Holding the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other, and leaning against the counter he is the picture of casual grace. “Good morning.” Chloe manages. He nods and takes another bite of cereal. Cheerios, his favorite she notes. She pulls out bread for toast and digs around for eggs and cheese, avoiding his gaze, pretending she can’t feel him watching her. He doesn’t move to sit down, forcing her to work around him. He is standing in front of the toaster. “Could you please move?” she asks. Lex puts his bowl down.
“You’re still angry with me.” He says flatly.
“I’m not angry-“ She takes a calming breath. “I am not angry with you. You’re standing in front of the toaster.” She’s not angry with him.
“You won’t look at me.” He observes. She looks at him then. “I apologized.”
“No, you didn’t.”
“Yes, I did-“
“No, you didn’t.” She explains patiently, “You said you owed me an apology but you never actually said the words.” He doesn’t answer.
“Right.” Chloe turns away, snatches a small skillet out of the dish washer. Placing it on the stove, her back is still to Lex. She can feel him not moving behind her.
“Alright.” He says finally.
“Alright, what?” She asks as she turns to face him.
A muscle works in his jaw, “Alright, I’m sorry.”
Chloe is flabbergasted. There is no other word for it. ‘You are?’ she almost asks. But she recovers enough to wipe the shock off her face and nod at him.
“Well, good.”

teejei
12th July 2006, 14:03
here are my two new additions...

Partners?!

“Dancing lessons?!” Chloe squeaked, their car pulling up in front of the studio.

“It’s for the Luthorcorp soiree, sweetie,” Gabe answered.

“Soiree?!” Chloe’s voice broke

“Mr. Luthor insisted that employees’ children

“A soiree for kids. Hmph. I don’t wanna be paired to some snobby snot-nosed boy.”

“For me, sweetie, please do this for me,” Gabe pleaded, walking hand in hand with Chloe up the stairs.

“Fine.” Chloe conceded.

“Ah, Chloe Sullivan, yes?” greeted Clarissa, owner of Steps Dance Academy

“Your partner for the course will be…” she rifled through her logbook, “…Lex Luthor.”

Dang. Chloe dreaded the next three hours.

==========

Tango After Twenty

The waltz, taking advantage of tilting heads; she wouldn’t have to look at me, I wouldn’t see her disinterest.

Next, the salsa; complicated, surreal, overwhelming. And we can’t get enough.

But it’s the tango that pulled us together. The need for contact, constant seduction and power play that made our dance sweeter.

That’s why after twenty years, I still don’t know what drove her away, what made her give up. I refuse to burn my dancing shoes, keeping our medals over the fireplace and ignoring Clark’s sympathetic looks.

It takes two to tango…and I’m still waiting for my partner.

Still waiting for Chloe.

kitten
6th August 2007, 13:07
I was going to write a Serial Killer Lex. No plans for that now, but I did have this from it. Rated R for serial killer activities.

Mosaic

As I was walking up the street I met a man no one should meet;
He took my name, he made me smile, and then he let me live awhile.
While in his basement lab I waited, his cruelty I anticipated;
Where once was flesh he took away, replaced it all with glass and play;
Dressed me in gleaming glass to see, to say 'now you belong to me.'
Polished art of madman's bent, he carried on his soul's descent.
With nothing left but pain and sighs, he closed my lids and took my eyes.
Filling the holes with emerald's fire, his will had finally met desire.
No more to fight, my future lies, in tearless voids, through jeweled eyes.

skauble
6th August 2007, 13:48

I love this nonky.

It's disturbing in all the best ways. It gives me the same kind of shiver that The Twilight Zone did when I was a child.

The imagery is wonderful and the language is so evocative.

This line was fantastic because it's the lull.

I love that people think Lex has a dark side but they don't get how truly horrific it could actually be. Talk about Clark needing to count his blessings. See how much worse things could be?

Killing her to keep her. It's twisted, but definitely a viable extrapolation of Lex's character were he to go mad.

And this line was so perfect. The hoplessness and despair. It was like watching the life flicker out of her.

This was great because not only was it a beautiful piece of work, but it explored the truly dark side of Lex and the possibilities that could flow from it in a way that we rarely get a chance to see.

Great job!

~Sarah~

Kit Merlot
6th August 2007, 14:13
Here is a little scene I wrote for TwoSides that I could never quite fit into the story. I've always like it though so here it is-

Lex is standing in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal. Holding the bowl in one hand and the spoon in the other, and leaning against the counter he is the picture of casual grace. “Good morning.” Chloe manages. He nods and takes another bite of cereal. Cheerios, his favorite she notes. She pulls out bread for toast and digs around for eggs and cheese, avoiding his gaze, pretending she can’t feel him watching her. He doesn’t move to sit down, forcing her to work around him. He is standing in front of the toaster. “Could you please move?” she asks. Lex puts his bowl down.
“You’re still angry with me.” He says flatly.
“I’m not angry-“ She takes a calming breath. “I am not angry with you. You’re standing in front of the toaster.” She’s not angry with him.
“You won’t look at me.” He observes. She looks at him then. “I apologized.”
“No, you didn’t.”
“Yes, I did-“
“No, you didn’t.” She explains patiently, “You said you owed me an apology but you never actually said the words.” He doesn’t answer.
“Right.” Chloe turns away, snatches a small skillet out of the dish washer. Placing it on the stove, her back is still to Lex. She can feel him not moving behind her.
“Alright.” He says finally.
“Alright, what?” She asks as she turns to face him.
A muscle works in his jaw, “Alright, I’m sorry.”
Chloe is flabbergasted. There is no other word for it. ‘You are?’ she almost asks. But she recovers enough to wipe the shock off her face and nod at him.
“Well, good.”

You know, I'd forgotten how much I loved this story and drabbles in general:D I hope Tracy comes back to finish her Two Sides sequel, and I think we might need to revive the drabbles section.

And Nonky, your drabble was bone chillingly excellent!

somethingeasy
6th August 2007, 23:17

woah! Chills down my spine with every passing line. I seriously felt icy fingers threading down my back. The rhythm of the poem was amazing, I could practically hear a pulsing heart-beat and the dripping of blood in the background as a soundtrack... and the visuals... I'm glad I didn't read this late at night just before bedtime.

Was he keeping Chloe ALIVE while replacing her skin with glass and her eyes with emeralds?

On second though, don't answer that.

kitten
28th May 2008, 22:38
Pretty random really, not big plot, so it's g-rated. Enjoy.

Chloe stepped to the front of the scrum, keeping her notebook at the ready in case she was pinned by one of the men carrying big television cameras. Those guys didn't deliberately try to crush her, but they also didn't move for anything until they were told to wrap.

She looked at the dais to where Lex Luthor and his Vice Presidents were sitting down. He was in the center and she nearly groaned. Admittedly, she had chosen a poor venue to be low-key, but if she passed out she preferred he was a little closer.

She shrugged as she stepped into an excellent spot next to the velvet rope. After a brief greeting and carefully worded non-threat from LuthorCorp's legal VP, a forest of hands went up with questions. Chloe crossed her arms and listened as the reporters tried to pry information from Lex that he wouldn't want them to have.

She let the other reporters get what they would need to cover the press conference and raised her hand with a little wave. Lex looked over with a vaguely startled expression before he smiled smoothly.

“Yes, Chloe?”

She smiled back professionally and nodded. “Mr. Luthor, I was wondering if you'd permit an off-topic question?”

The legal VP fluttered a little, but Lex waved him back to his seat. “Call me Lex. I think everyone knows we know each other by now. Go ahead.”

She licked her lips nervously and smiled with all the confidence she felt draining. “Will you marry me?”

Chuckles rose from the crowd, but Lex looked rather stunned. He blinked rapidly. The legal VP he had shushed looked smug as he took a swig of his water. Chloe waited for a few seconds, then asked, “Did you hear me?”

Lex nodded. “Yes. How many children were you considering?”

Her blond head dipped down shyly as cameras turned for her reaction. “Two or three, four at most and that's only if we end up with twins,” she replied. “But more than a year of marriage before we start.”

He smiled gently and she blushed. “What about triplets?”

Chloe's teeth shone in threat. “I'd kill you in your sleep and no judge would prosecute me.”

He closed the folder on the table, pushed back his chair, and looked annoyed as all the Vice Presidents followed suit. “I don't think I need everyone for this next negotiation,” Lex quipped. “Thank you for coming. Have a good day.”

Chloe ducked under the rope as he stepped down and took her hand.

“I don't suppose you have a ring with you,” Lex asked.

She shook her head. “I was going to buy that with your money.”

“Of course.” He nudged her ahead of him as the bodyguards led them out of the room, flashes lighting them.

hfce
29th May 2008, 00:14
Chloe stepped to the front of the scrum, keeping her notebook at the ready in case she was pinned by one of the men carrying big television cameras. Those guys didn't deliberately try to crush her, but they also didn't move for anything until they were told to wrap.

She looked at the dais to where Lex Luthor and his Vice Presidents were sitting down. He was in the center and she nearly groaned. Admittedly, she had chosen a poor venue to be low-key, but if she passed out she preferred he was a little closer.

She shrugged as she stepped into an excellent spot next to the velvet rope. After a brief greeting and carefully worded non-threat from LuthorCorp's legal VP, a forest of hands went up with questions. Chloe crossed her arms and listened as the reporters tried to pry information from Lex that he wouldn't want them to have.

She let the other reporters get what they would need to cover the press conference and raised her hand with a little wave. Lex looked over with a vaguely startled expression before he smiled smoothly.

“Yes, Chloe?”

She smiled back professionally and nodded. “Mr. Luthor, I was wondering if you'd permit an off-topic question?”

The legal VP fluttered a little, but Lex waved him back to his seat. “Call me Lex. I think everyone knows we know each other by now. Go ahead.”

She licked her lips nervously and smiled with all the confidence she felt draining. “Will you marry me?”

Chuckles rose from the crowd, but Lex looked rather stunned. He blinked rapidly. The legal VP he had shushed looked smug as he took a swig of his water. Chloe waited for a few seconds, then asked, “Did you hear me?”

Her blond head dipped down shyly as cameras turned for her reaction. “Two or three, four at most and that's only if we end up with twins,” she replied. “But more than a year of marriage before we start.”

Chloe's teeth shone in threat. “I'd kill you in your sleep and no judge would prosecute me.”

He closed the folder on the table, pushed back his chair, and looked annoyed as all the Vice Presidents followed suit. “I don't think I need everyone for this next negotiation,” Lex quipped. “Thank you for coming. Have a good day.”

Chloe ducked under the rope as he stepped down and took her hand.

“Of course.” He nudged her ahead of him as the bodyguards led them out of the room, flashes lighting them.

That was so cute! But is Lex President of the country or just Luthorcorp? :P

kitten
29th May 2008, 00:28
Just president of LuthorCorp. I would think that would be impressive enough. If Chloe was the President's girlfriend I don't think she'd be allowed to get up to stunts like this one. She's probably the number one nightmare of that legal VP.

hfce
29th May 2008, 03:17
Just president of LuthorCorp. I would think that would be impressive enough. If Chloe was the President's girlfriend I don't think she'd be allowed to get up to stunts like this one. She's probably the number one nightmare of that legal VP.

She certainly would be. :rofl:

kitten
6th June 2008, 06:07
PG-13 for this one, but nothing too bad.

She lived next to the spotlight of perfection that was Lana Lang, and she was a realist. Chloe knew she made mistakes, and usually could name exactly what they were shortly after making them. She could never jump fast enough to fix them, so she learned how to live with them, too.

She paid for them, fought over them, grieved them, paid penance and tried to forgive them quietly to herself. She came to terms. She settled them into little places in her mind, sorted by the kind of mistake they were. Youthful indiscretions were neighbours for silly lack of forethought. Rookie mistakes were put next to thoughtless moments. There was a hall of fame for trusting the wrong people.

She wasn't gullible. She wasn't. She could read people. She could hear tones of voice as quantities of truth. She could watch for the movements that made utter sincerity seem insincere. She knew she could do well with most people. With some she failed every time. When her guard was up she rejected them - turning her back when they were making genuine efforts. Then she felt guilty, and tried to be more accepting the next time. Invariably the next time they were lying.

She had only a few drunk mistakes and they were minor. Her leap before looking mistakes were legendary. Her list of boyfriends doubled as a list of mistakes kept to their own category: He never loved me, at least not enough.

She propped her chin on her hands and stared at the anonymous white pillowcase. Vegas had been fun, partying was a nice break and then she ran into someone who fit into at least three of her mistake categories. She couldn't trust him reliably but felt the urge to try sometimes, he was in the hall of fame and she had been pretty intoxicated.

She rolled to her side and looked at the man lying next to her, his arm extended toward her but not touching. She could shimmy out from the sheets and leave. His lawyers would deal with the matching quickie divorce for their quickie marriage. If her thigh muscles were telling the truth their newlywed status had not gone unconsummated.

Mind made up, she slid from the bed and crept to the bathroom to lock herself in. Her escape would have to include a pee break and a cold glass of water. She had never been so thirsty and needed to use the bathroom so badly at the same time. Once she was sated in both ways, Chloe washed her hands and stared at the rock sitting on her ring finger.

She put on her rumpled dress and far-flung underwear, then looked at the bed where Lex was still sleeping. Her hand was on the doorknob. She sighed as she added another category to the subdivision of mistakes in her mind. Mistakes she loved pulled up in a moving truck on the lot next to the drunk ones.

Chloe sat down on the edge of the bed and stroked Lex's slowly waking face.

westwingwolf
6th June 2008, 06:34
Excellent drabble nonky! I'm glad that Chloe admitted to herself that she didn't want to walk away from this mistake. Sometimes being drunk can lead to the best things...not often but sometimes.

Kit Merlot
6th June 2008, 15:14
This was just awesome nonky!

Good for Chloe for choosing to stay married to Lex--she won't regret it:D

Ultra
6th June 2008, 19:05
Thats great, nonky! I loved the way Chloe categorised all her mistakes, and made a whole new one for marrying Lex. I'd like to think what may have been a drunken mistake in the first place might just lead to something beautiful :)

hfce
8th June 2008, 14:28
That was good. I am glad she decided to stay. :)

Ultra
8th June 2008, 14:37
Okay, here's a little something I wrote last year and posted at FF.net...

Unworthy (100 words drabble, post-Ep 6.6 Fallout, Lex POV)

The short-lived jubilation that he'd spoken of was true enough.

His vain hope that her getting a boyfriend would stop him wanting her had been ridiculous and he ought to have known it sooner.

Faced with this unworthy boy, made him further despise the man he was becoming, the man she could never love.

Double-crossed by his latest flame, it ought to please him that she'd brought her A game.

All any of this did was make him want another more, the pretty blonde reporter, who would never love a twisted billionaire, even if she always unknowingly owned his heart.

Kit Merlot
8th June 2008, 21:10
I loved this drabble!

Lex doesn't want Chloe with Jimmy or any other man, but he doesn't feel worthy of her love. The poor, tortured billionaire;)

superag
10th June 2008, 05:42
Ok, popped into my head completely at random. 100 words... PG at worst.

Visions

“Are you sure?” Lana asked Chloe, trying to contain herself.

“I’m sure; I found the rock last night. It had a weird orange glow and burned to the touch. Then, I kissed Roy Miller after our date, and it happened. He saw the future; me coming out of Mrs. Seeder’s class today with my essay with a 96 on it.”

“But,” Lana argued.

“Afternoon ladies,” the man in the debonair outfit stopped at Chloe’s chair. “What’s the topic?”

“Kiss me.” Tired of waiting, Chloe grabbed his face. “Well?”

Lex smiled, “Hmm.” Us married. Interesting, he thought as he glanced back.

ok back to real writing

hfce
10th June 2008, 06:01
Okay, here's a little something I wrote last year and posted at FF.net...

Unworthy (100 words drabble, post-Ep 6.6 Fallout, Lex POV)

His vain hope that her getting a boyfriend would stop him wanting her had been ridiculous and he ought to have known it sooner.

Faced with this unworthy boy, made him further despise the man he was becoming, the man she could never love.

Double-crossed by his latest flame, it ought to please him that she'd brought her A game.

All any of this did was make him want another more, the pretty blonde reporter, who would never love a twisted billionaire, even if she always unknowingly owned his heart.

This was good. :)

hfce
10th June 2008, 06:02
Ok, popped into my head completely at random. 100 words... PG at worst.

Visions

“I’m sure; I found the rock last night. It had a weird orange glow and burned to the touch. Then, I kissed Roy Miller after our date, and it happened. He saw the future; me coming out of Mrs. Seeder’s class today with my essay with a 96 on it.”

“But,” Lana argued.

“Afternoon ladies,” the man in the debonair outfit stopped at Chloe’s chair.

“What’s the topic?”

ok back to real writing

That was cute. That could be a great story idea. :)

kitten
10th June 2008, 06:42
PG drabble, kind of sad. Married Chlex.

She was hot and Lex had gotten out of bed to open the window. Moonlight came in when the heavy drapes flapped. He returned to Chloe and wrapped around her back gently. Her body was a little sticky with sweat and he began to sweat, too.

He inhaled deeply and waited to feel her do the same before he exhaled. Life rushed in, hissed back out, rushed back in. His lips pressed to the smooth skin where blond hair used to tickle him. She was absurdly proud of them being “twin chrome domes." She was sick and he was scared.

Chloe's hand moved to his armrest and Lex enveloped it in both of his. He felt his palms sweat and knew she wouldn't complain. She let him hold her so tightly, even when the chemo sweats were horrible.

If the expert doctor in front of them had failed Lex would find another way. He would buy shark cartilage serums and test them. He would fund whole wings of hospitals. She wouldn't ever, ever be alone. It was more than he could say for himself. They had waited on kids and now she wasn't strong . . .

“Remission,” was all he heard before crying.

Ultra
10th June 2008, 08:51
Woah! Are you trying to make me cry with this? Excellent writing, cos it almost worked!

skauble
10th June 2008, 10:08
Lovely drabbles, everyone.

And they *are* drabbles. No multi-chapter follow ups here! (See me being supportive, nonky :) )

Yes, an unexpected Chloe can mean so many things, and not all…half…many of them good.

Yeah, ‘cause it’s probably a waste of effort trying to contain that particular secret. You put a captain of industry in jail with someone and people probably get the impression that you’ve met.

Woohoo!!! Good for Chloe. I like to see her taking the initiative. Of course I know that the Lexes have 87 plans to get Chloe to marry them (3 of them involving chloroform), but it’s nice to see a Chloe put herself out there first. Especially in such a public way.

LMAO Leave it to Lex to go right into negotiations.

Have I ever mentioned just how much I *adore* Lex. Since this is a drabble that will go no further I’m giving him triplets in my mind.

ROTFLMAO Did they all really think that they’d get to come along?

Yeah, right. Like we’re supposed to believe that Lex doesn’t carry around 7 emergency ring sets for just this kind of occasion.

Fantastic drabble. This is such a lovely way to picture a Chlex marriage starting.

And your second drabble was also a lovely, although not quite as romantic, way to get Chlex hitched, nonky.

She lived next to the spotlight of perfection that was Lana Lang, and she was a realist. Chloe knew she made mistakes, and usually could name exactly what they were shortly after making them. She could never jump fast enough to fix them, so she learned how to live with them, too.

She paid for them, fought over them, grieved them, paid penance and tried to forgive them quietly to herself. She came to terms. She settled them into little places in her mind, sorted by the kind of mistake they were. Youthful indiscretions were neighbours for silly lack of forethought. Rookie mistakes were put next to thoughtless moments. There was a hall of fame for trusting the wrong people.

You’ve actually hit on one of my favorite things about Chloe – her mistakes and the price she’s paid for them. So many SV characters pull crap and nothing happens or the whole thing is completely overlooked. I’ve always felt that a large part of what makes Chloe such a complex and fascinating character is that she’s had the chance to grow by making bad choices, accepting responsibility for them, and then learning not to make them the next time.

So I was thrilled with your subject matter here.

She wasn't gullible. She wasn't. She could read people. She could hear tones of voice as quantities of truth. She could watch for the movements that made utter sincerity seem insincere. She knew she could do well with most people. With some she failed every time. When her guard was up she rejected them - turning her back when they were making genuine efforts. Then she felt guilty, and tried to be more accepting the next time. Invariably the next time they were lying.

OMG, this is such a fantastic insight into a real core issue for Chloe. It really does explain a lot about her relationships.

She had only a few drunk mistakes and they were minor. Her leap before looking mistakes were legendary. Her list of boyfriends doubled as a list of mistakes kept to their own category: He never loved me, at least not enough.

It makes me very sad that she has that last list. If anyone deserves to be loved well, it’s Chloe.

She propped her chin on her hands and stared at the anonymous white pillowcase. Vegas had been fun, partying was a nice break and then she ran into someone who fit into at least three of her mistake categories. She couldn't trust him reliably but felt the urge to try sometimes, he was in the hall of fame and she had been pretty intoxicated.

She rolled to her side and looked at the man lying next to her, his arm extended toward her but not touching. She could shimmy out from the sheets and leave. His lawyers would deal with the matching quickie divorce for their quickie marriage. If her thigh muscles were telling the truth their newlywed status had not gone unconsummated.

You know, there really needs to be a porny flashback drabble for this part.

Mind made up, she slid from the bed and crept to the bathroom to lock herself in. Her escape would have to include a pee break and a cold glass of water. She had never been so thirsty and needed to use the bathroom so badly at the same time. Once she was sated in both ways, Chloe washed her hands and stared at the rock sitting on her ring finger.

She put on her rumpled dress and far-flung underwear, then looked at the bed where Lex was still sleeping. Her hand was on the doorknob. She sighed as she added another category to the subdivision of mistakes in her mind. Mistakes she loved pulled up in a moving truck on the lot next to the drunk ones.

Chloe sat down on the edge of the bed and stroked Lex's slowly waking face.

*sigh* Such a great ending! (Although an equally good beginning, some people would argue. People who weren’t me, of course!)

I was so glad to see that she stayed. Let’s face it, the mistake of getting to the marrying point with Lex has been made, so she might as well explore the possibilities.

I *really* loved this. So much amazing insight packed into such a small space.

Loved this drabble, Ultra.

Yeah, somehow I don’t think that a guy like Jimmy is going to convince Lex that Chloe’s completely out of reach now. lolol

I love this premise – that Lex has loved Chloe for a while, from afar. It always puts some many things in a new light – Like his taunting her about her lack of boyfriend.

Great job showing a Chlexy struggle going on inside of Lex.

“But,” Lana argued.

“Afternoon ladies,” the man in the debonair outfit stopped at Chloe’s chair. “What’s the topic?”

Wow! This was a great drabble, superag, because it really made me think about what a larger story would be like. I loved the premise her that Lex finds out that Chloe’s the one for him this early on. I wonder what he would do, what would change in his life if he knew that he was supposed to marry Chloe all the way back when she was in high school.

Especially given Chloe’s crush on Clark back then. It’s certainly an interesting scenario to ponder. Which I will a great deal now, I’m sure. lolol

Double nonky drabble!!!

She was hot and Lex had gotten out of bed to open the window. Moonlight came in when the heavy drapes flapped. He returned to Chloe and wrapped around her back gently. Her body was a little sticky with sweat and he began to sweat, too.

He inhaled deeply and waited to feel her do the same before he exhaled. Life rushed in, hissed back out, rushed back in. His lips pressed to the smooth skin where blond hair used to tickle him. She was absurdly proud of them being “twin chrome domes." She was sick and he was scared.

This just broke my Chlexy heart. Lex loses everyone (and not like Lana who still has a lot of people but chooses to bitch and moan anyways). Chloe is the person he finally gets who can understand him and stay and then she gets sick.

I think that’s what made this so very sad. It’s always tragic when someone has an illness of this type. But for Lex, he really would be losing his whole world. Not necessarily because he couldn’t get over it, but because he really wouldn’t want to.

I, like Lex, was very scared.

But then…

Chloe's hand moved to his armrest and Lex enveloped it in both of his. He felt his palms sweat and knew she wouldn't complain. She let him hold her so tightly, even when the chemo sweats were horrible.

If the expert doctor in front of them had failed Lex would find another way. He would buy shark cartilage serums and test them. He would fund whole wings of hospitals. She wouldn't ever, ever be alone. It was more than he could say for himself. They had waited on kids and now she wasn't strong . . .

“Remission,” was all he heard before crying.

Saved!!!

By which I mean Chloe, Lex, and myself. :)

I loved how Chloe let him hold onto her no matter what was happening or how uncomfortable things were. She would no all too well that Lex would need that physical contact to not only prove to himself that she was still there, but also to allow himself to believe that she could keep her there just by willing it so.

That moment where Lex thought that he might end up alone was heart breaking. I could picture it so perfectly – him alone in a house filled with Chloe’s things, thinking about children they’d never have.

And so boy, let me tell you, you can’t know how happy I was to see the next line.

I’m so happy that Chloe is going to be okay!!! And I want to lobby for getting to work on those little socky holders as soon as possible!

Great work everyone! Good to see the drabbles making a comeback!

~Sarah~

Kit Merlot
10th June 2008, 16:26
Wonderful drabbles, and the one where Chloe's cancer had gone into remission brought damn tears to my eyes--great work!

Ultra
10th June 2008, 19:35
Thanx for the comments on my drabble everybody :)

I actually wrote more than one drabble on the theme of Lex feeling unworthy of Chloe, one for each Season of SV in fact, but I never posted the rest at FF.net... maybe they should be posted here?

Here's another one...

Unworthy, Season 5
100 word drabble for Episode 5.18 Fragile

The words I spat were unfair, and I knew it, before the pain crossed her face.

I was glad she never had a boyfriend.

I had helped Clark time and again in his quest for his supposed true love just to keep this pretty blonde available.

All I did was cause her pain, and now I’m destined to do the same to another as well as myself for the sake of taking Clark’s princess from him.

If only I was worthy of the woman who’s love I really craved, perhaps then this man who seemingly has everything would be content.

hfce
11th June 2008, 21:10
Thanx for the comments on my drabble everybody :)

I actually wrote more than one drabble on the theme of Lex feeling unworthy of Chloe, one for each Season of SV in fact, but I never posted the rest at FF.net... maybe they should be posted here?

Here's another one...

Unworthy, Season 5
100 word drabble for Episode 5.18 Fragile

The words I spat were unfair, and I knew it, before the pain crossed her face.

I was glad she never had a boyfriend.

I had helped Clark time and again in his quest for his supposed true love just to keep this pretty blonde available.

All I did was cause her pain, and now I’m destined to do the same to another as well as myself for the sake of taking Clark’s princess from him.

If only I was worthy of the woman who’s love I really craved, perhaps then this man who seemingly has everything would be content.

Lex is a dumbass in this. Go after her you big dummy. ;)

kitten
9th July 2008, 15:41
I don't know if you'd call this a double drabble or two interconnected drabbles. One has a very different tone than the other. 200 words, PG, married Chlex with teeny plot.

His dead wife's lipstick was smeared, and Lex Luthor nearly shook with fury. He was forced to say his goodbyes to her pale face and that greasy stain was unworthy of her. He pulled a tissue from the tray of cosmetics needed to mimic her vibrancy. His hand was steady and gentle as he cleaned the spot. There were boxes of tissues everywhere, inundating him with the expectation of his savage grief. He leaned on the wooden edge and down to her sweetly upturned acceptance. His eyes closed with hers as he kissed Chloe Sullivan Luthor for the final time.

He knew his role; shock and stoicism in the death of his Chloe during premature labour for a six-months developed son. There would be thousands of cameras waiting for him to break at the loss of his entire family. Closed casket of both mother and child, so he was the entire show. “I can't do this,” he told her, but her hands squeezed as she stood and put a hand to her belly. “Play the role, and when it's safe find us,” she told him.

Lex Luthor's suicide a week before his wife's next birthday was deemed almost inevitable.

hfce
10th July 2008, 02:15
So they both faked their deaths interesting.. :D

skauble
10th July 2008, 04:39
His dead wife's lipstick was smeared, and Lex Luthor nearly shook with fury. He was forced to say his goodbyes to her pale face and that greasy stain was unworthy of her. He pulled a tissue from the tray of cosmetics needed to mimic her vibrancy. His hand was steady and gentle as he cleaned the spot. There were boxes of tissues everywhere, inundating him with the expectation of his savage grief. He leaned on the wooden edge and down to her sweetly upturned acceptance. His eyes closed with hers as he kissed Chloe Sullivan Luthor for the final time.

He knew his role; shock and stoicism in the death of his Chloe during premature labour for a six-months developed son. There would be thousands of cameras waiting for him to break at the loss of his entire family. Closed casket of both mother and child, so he was the entire show. “I can't do this,” he told her, but her hands squeezed as she stood and put a hand to her belly. “Play the role, and when it's safe find us,” she told him.

Lex Luthor's suicide a week before his wife's next birthday was deemed almost inevitable.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I've been drabbled! Once again I've been given a beautiful sliver of a story and left to wonder at the myriad of twists and turns that brought us to this place.

Great work. So much emotion packed into such a teeny, tiny fic package.

I felt so bad for Lex at first when he was looking over Chloe's body. I bought the death completely as he fumed about the lipstick smudge because that's the kind of little detail grieving people often dwell on to avoid the harsher reality of their pain.

And then, when I saw that Lex had not lost just Chloe but his son I wanted to cry at the thought of drawers of sockies that would never flop on tiny feet.

I was so happy when Chloe reached out to comfort him. Although, for a moment, I thought Lex just went nuts. But clearly something had happened (I'm guessing Lionel), that is forcing them all into hiding, but they're going to be hiding together and that makes me smile. :)

Because this is a drabble I'm going to go ahead and imagine the aftermath of Lex's "suicide". I like to think of Lionel crushed, deep inside, at having lost his family and his only real chance for his dynasty to continue.

See, I'm not going to force you to write more of this (unless you wanted to ;) ), because I'll just fill it with angst now that I know that little Chlex family is safe.

Although...No! No; I'm going to be good.

Let's see how long that lasts.

~Sarah~