PDA

View Full Version : Archives/Live Journal communities?

DiscoGhostie
26th February 2011, 22:18
My life's a little crazy and I often end up not being able to participate in fandom for months at a time, which I hate, with the end result that I end up waaaaay behind on the things that have been happening on the creative end. Is there...I guess clearing house, for lack of a better term, for what the major sites, authors, and content creators have been up to at any given time? I try to keep up with individual feeds, blogs, etc., but that can get very muddled when there are months of entries to go through. I ask this because for a while the Buffy fandom ran a couple through Live Journal and, I believe, there are some for Dr. Who as well. Does Smallville have an equivalent?

dehosma
5th March 2011, 21:31
This is an excellent question. Being in the same boat, I would be grateful for any information about recent updates in this fandom.

darkwhisper
25th March 2011, 21:59
I agree the same thing happens to me and when I get back into the fandom it would be great to go to one spot for all the lastest info.

fairyasha
16th October 2011, 22:20
I know there's a community on livejournal, but it's not really active. Only one author seems to be posting their fic there. It's called chlexers.

lexie
17th October 2011, 05:54
I know there's a community on livejournal, but it's not really active. Only one author seems to be posting their fic there. It's called chlexers.

That would be me under my pen name lillianschild. LOL. Yes, it's been dead- at least, post-wise.

Sheliana
21st October 2011, 12:51
My life's a little crazy and I often end up not being able to participate in fandom for months at a time, which I hate, with the end result that I end up waaaaay behind on the things that have been happening on the creative end. Is there...I guess clearing house, for lack of a better term, for what the major sites, authors, and content creators have been up to at any given time? I try to keep up with individual feeds, blogs, etc., but that can get very muddled when there are months of entries to go through. I ask this because for a while the Buffy fandom ran a couple through Live Journal and, I believe, there are some for Dr. Who as well. Does Smallville have an equivalent?

sv-ledger.livejournal.com is the community that exactly that. But unfortunately, the Chlex presence there is very limited... almost non-existent. Maybe it's because Chlex is not, and to my knowledge, has never been big on LJ. The community does cover a lot of Chlollie and Chlark content, though, for those who are interested, as well as meta about both the show and fandom in general.

fairyasha
12th February 2012, 18:27
It's sad that we're not more active on livejournal. Any good fics on AO3?

yassharrar
22nd October 2012, 15:24
Checked out AO3 and there were hardly any Chlex stories there

Sheliana
31st October 2012, 23:14
Checked out AO3 and there were hardly any Chlex stories there

It's a shame, isn't it? AO3 is my favorite fic archive, hands down. The quality of fic over there is overall much higher than in other archives like ff.net, and it's so user-friendly to boot. I wish there was more of Chlex over there.