PDA

View Full Version : [Christmas] Midnight Clear (Secret Fanfiction Santa: LexGirl) PG 13

Kit Merlot
24th December 2010, 05:44
This story is AU S5

“Bite my ass, Lang!”

Lois Lane’s angry tone could be heard well above the noisy din of The Talon’s customers and piped in Christmas music.

She had decided to make a pit stop by the coffee shop to get a mocha latte to go before she headed over to the Kent farm for their annual Christmas Eve open house.

Lois hadn’t expected to find her cousin surrounded by an angry mob of townsfolk, all shouting accusations at her.

Apparently, the population of Smallville had problems with Chloe’s dating Lex Luthor.

And the person with the biggest axe to grind was one Miss Lana Lang.

Of course, the diminutive brunette tried to convince Chloe that she was just being a good friend and was truly worried about her emotional welfare.

But Lois could see the truth.

Lana wasn’t concerned for Chloe or worried that Lex would hurt her. No, she was jealous that Lex was no longer interested in her and had turned his attentions towards the blonde reporter.

And ever since he and Chloe started dating, he seemed much happier.

Lex had never been a favorite of Lois’ but even she noticed that whenever Lex was in town with Lana, he always looked like he was walking on egg shells, desperately afraid to offend the girl.

But with Chloe, he seemed more at ease, more comfortable with himself. Lois would see them sitting at a table together, and within minutes, they would start bantering and then Chloe would invariably make Lex laugh and his entire face would light up.

Patrons would turn to stare in amazement at the sight, and on one particularly memorable occasion, Lois caught Lana’s pained look at the pair before the smaller girl stomped upstairs to her apartment.

Lois had momentarily felt a pang of sympathy, knowing exactly how it felt to be dumped by a guy in favor of another girl but that sympathy died when Lois heard through the grapevine Lana was telling a different story about her break up with Lex.

She was trying to make Chloe out to be a jealous shrew who stole Lex from her because she couldn’t stand to see Lex and Lana together.

And by the looks of it, apparently half the town believed her.

Lois shook her head in amazement at the gullibility of some of Smallville’s residents. She glanced sideways at Chloe, glad to see her baby cousin angrily staring down half the mob.

Lois stood by Chloe’s side, arm thrown protectively over her shoulder while she addressed the smaller dark haired girl.

“Cut the crap princess, I don’t believe a word you’re saying!”

Lana’s eyes grew wide in surprise and she whispered out an outraged reply, “How can you say that to me? I only have Chloe’s best interest at heart!”

“Like hell you do,” Lois retorted. “What you have is a warped sense of narcissism and self-entitlement.”

Lana’s mouth fell open in shock and Chloe turned to grin at her cousin. “Man, those psychology courses are really paying off.”

“Indeed they are, Miss Lane.”

All heads turned towards the front door of The Talon as Lex Luthor stepped in out of the cold.

He calmly addressed the crowd standing between himself and the woman he loved. “I hope you all had a lovely time berating my girlfriend and her cousin on this fine Christmas Eve because this is the last time it will be happening.”

He paused for effect and then looked Lana straight in the eye. “If anyone so much as sneezes in Chloe’s or Lois’ direction, I’ll hear about it, and then you will wish that you had never been born. Are we clear?”

Everyone nodded their heads and quickly stepped away from the cousins. Lana tried to look innocently at Lex but gave it up when she saw that she wasn’t convincing anyone. She turned on her heel and walked up the stairs to her apartment, slamming the door in anger.

He smiled happily when Chloe threw herself in his arms and despite herself, Lois grinned at the couple. The billionaire may not have been who she wanted for her cousin, but she could tell that he genuinely cared about Chloe and that counted for a lot in Lois’ book.

She shook her head again, and wondered what the New Year would bring.

The End

Merry Christmas, LexGirl:grin3:

ChloeLovesLex
24th December 2010, 07:42
Fun story!!!! Love Lana getting what she deserves. Nobody messes with Lex Luthor.

LexGirl
24th December 2010, 09:11
This is awesome and sweet! I love it!!! Thank you, Kit! :)

Julia
24th December 2010, 18:22
Bashing Lana, thank you!

Zannie
26th December 2010, 15:36
Heh. Very cute! Of course Chloe makes Lex happier than Lana ever could.

Thanks for posting!

Snark
26th December 2010, 22:33
This was a really cute story.
Loved how Lois stuck up for Chloe. Lana deserves everything she gets.
Thanks for sharing :)

Minty Revolution
29th December 2010, 17:31
Whoo! Way to tell 'em, Lex!

Loved the story, Kit.

Ami Rose
27th November 2011, 12:48
Loved it!

starmoon
17th December 2011, 05:16
i love this stroy it rocks. lois was great and i am so happy that she stuck up for chloe and then lex was there for both of them. lana desereved all she got she is evil and i wish she would go away.

Kit Merlot
18th December 2015, 01:59
Again, I hate feeling like a jerk, so please forgive my late reply. "Thank you" for all of the kind words and perhaps my saying thanks now will help revive more of these awesome Christmas Chlex stories;)