PDA

View Full Version : NS Fanfiction Awards 2010

Julie
11th November 2010, 09:51
Fanfiction Awards 2010

The NS Fanfiction Awards is an award show for fanfictions posted and the authors who write them here at NS Forums.

The authors spend a lot of time writing fanfictions for us fans, and they deserve to get recognition for their work!

And that is what the Fanfiction Awards are all about, showing our appreciation for the authors and the stories they write for us!

When is all this happening?

November 14th: Site and nominations opens.
November 28th: Nominations close.UPDATE: Extended to December 1st 11:59pm Oslo Norway time.
Around December 1st/2nd: Voting round opens.
December 8th: Voting round closes.
December 6-7th: Second and final voting round opens.
December 13th: Second and final voting round closes.
Around December 7-8th: Winners are announced.

Dates updated: November 29th

Nomination process

You visit the site for the fanfiction awards and fill out the form. It’s one nominee per sent in form!

The sent in nominees end up in an administrative queue. Staff will look over the nominees and make sure they’re sent in with the correct information, not a duplicate and follow the rules of the fanfiction awards.

Once they’re approved they will show up on the list of nominees.

You can nominate as many fanfictions and authors in as many categories you'd like. Meaning you can nominate a story in several different categories.

Voting process

First round

The first round will limit the nominees to the top 5 in each category.

Second and final round

The final round will be a voting for the winner in each category.

Forums Fanfiction Categories versus Fanfiction Award categories

You can enter any fanfiction posted on the forums into any category in the award show, it doesn't matter if the fanfiction is posted in a different category here on the forums.

Who/What can be nominated?

Authors who have posted one or more fanfictions on NS Forums.
Fanfictions posted on NS Forums started/updated and/or completed between March 1st 2009 and until November 17th 2010 are eligible.
Only completed fanfictions.
WIP (work in progress) fanfictions are only eligible in the WIP and characterization categories.

UPDATE November 22nd 2010!

From now on, only fanfictions started/updated and/or completed between March 1st 2009 and until November 17th 2010 are eligible.

Check out Mindy's list for a complete list of eligible nominees (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8240-NS-Fanfiction-Awards-2010?p=264348&viewfull=1#post264348)!

Who/What can’t be nominated?

Previous winning stories cannot be nominated in the same category as they won in*.
Fanfictions currently in the graveyard section.
Fanfictions entered in the forum fanfiction challenges (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/forumdisplay.php/117-Fanfiction-Battle-Arena).
Fanfictions written for NS events, such as the NS Secret Fanfiction Santa.
Collaborating authors (the collaborative user account) cannot be nominated in the author categories.
Banned users.

* Exception: In categories where there was a tie for the winner both of those can be nominated again in the same category. See more information below.

When you say previous winners can't be nominated in the same categories they won in before, I was initially thinking the stories themselves couldn't be nominated. [...] I'm hoping you just meant the stories themselves and not the author who wrote them can't be re-nominated in the categories. What was meant by "previous winners cannot be nominated in the same category(ies) they won in" is that only the story itself cannot be re-nominated in the category(ies) it won in. The author, and the author's other stories can be nominated again, of course.

And authors who've won in one of the author categories before, can be re-nominated on those, even if they've won previously.

An example:

Best Alternative Universe
Sanguis quid Ligurat

Ruafair's "Sanguis quid Liqurat" won Best Alternative Universe in the last awards, meaning "Sanguis quid Liqurat" cannot be nominated again this year in Best Alternative Universe category. Her other stories can be nominated in other categories.

An author example:

Best New Author
Cypanache

Cypanachewon Best New Author last year, but now she would qualify for Best Veteran Author. And Zannie, who won Best Veteran Author last year, can be nominated this year as well in the Best Veteran Author category.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion, and if there's anything else that's a bit confusing to you, don't hesitate to contact me and ask me! :)

Previous Winners

List of winners from 2009 (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6910-NS-Fanfiction-Awards-2009?p=247090#post247090).

Nomination Categories

Best Veteran Author*
Best New Author*
Author of the Year**
Best Short Story
Best Work In Progress (WIP)
Best Erotica/NC-17
Best Romance
Best Humor
Best Angst
Best Adventure/Suspense
Best Alternate Universe (AU)
Best Canon
Best Characterization of Lex
Best Characterization of Chloe
Best Characterization of Non-Chlex Smallville Character
Best Characterization of an Original Character

* Authors who first posted a fanfiction BEFORE January 2009 go under Veteran Authors, and authors who first posted a fanfiction AFTER January 2009 are so-called New Authors.

** Can be a new/veteran author, and from any time frame. This category will be assembled from all the nominated authors, so you can’t nominate in this category.

Questions

Q: If your fanfiction is updated during the awards and moved from the graveyard, is it then eligible?
A: Yes

Q: When nominating for Best Characterisation of an SV character other than Chloe and Lex, isn't it possible to make names? I was under the impression that last time we were able to fill in a field with the name of the character we were nominating, say Bruce in Ends and Means.
A: I don't think we had a specific field for that name, I think we just had a "nominee" field, where you'd enter the name and story title. But you can just put the name like you did, example: Bruce in Ends and Means

Q: What about Chlex by request fics?
A: These fanfictions can be nominated.

Questions for you!

We could perhaps have some more categories for authors, now there’s only three! Any suggestions?

Website

http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/

or a shorter address: n.chlex.net/ffa/ (http://n.chlex.net/ffa/)
More information on how to nominate and vote will be available soon!

Bugs

Below are bugs that I am aware of. If you experience any you don't see on this list, please send me a PM with the following:

What page you experience the problem.
What browser you are using (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox etc)
What browser version you are using.
What you did that caused the error (clicked on a wrong link, clicked on a button, typed something wrong etc)

Author Nomination Category Viewing - Author names aren't separated.

(Requested) Features

Updates

EDIT/UPDATE November 29th 2010:

Nomination categories in need of more nominees:

Best Characterization of non-chlex SV character
Most Versatile Author
Best Canon
Best New Author

If you can think of any nominees for these categories, nominate them now! :)

Nomination Period Extended

The nomination period will be extended to Wednesday December 1st 11:59pm Oslo, Norway time. After that we will just go ahead with the voting. NOTE: There won't be two voting rounds, since we've limited the number of nominees, so it's no point in doing two rounds. So there will be ONE voting round.

Winners of the NS Fanfiction Awards 2010

Author of the Year
Zannie

Best Adventure/Suspense
Sanctuary

Best Angst
What You Don't Know

Best AU
Rebel

Best Canon
Look at Her Past

Best Characterization of an original character
Leah in Metaphysics

Pulse

Metaphysics

Lionel in Metaphysics

Best Erotica/NC17
Holiday Heat

Best Humor
Rebel

Best New Author
Sinecure

Best Romance
Metaphysics

Best Short Story
Contamination

Best Veteran Author
Zannie

Best WIP
Bittersweet

Most Versatile Author
Zannie

You can see the full list at the website for the fanfiction awards (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=winners).

Zannie
11th November 2010, 13:02
Thanks for working on this, Julie. It should be really fun!

Just a question for clarification. You say the nominated stories must have been posted after 2009. Does that mean they were begun after 2009 or finished after 2009? I don't have any in that situation, but there may have been some stories that were WIP's for the last fanfiction awards but that are now completed. Are they eligible for the non-WIP categories?

LexGirl
11th November 2010, 13:19
I"m curious about the Canon. Chlex wasn't canon, so my guess is it'd have to be Lexana, Chimmy, or (whatever Chloe and Oliver are - am running a blank here, lol! :)).

I like your question, Zannie! I have a WIP fic right now and one that I've not put as WIP because I'm thinking of ending it. It's short, but I just don't have the stamina right now to keep going with it. Plus, my original thought was to have it be a one-parter. Undecided....:)

Thanks Julie! :)

Zannie
11th November 2010, 13:40
"m curious about the Canon. Chlex wasn't canon, so my guess is it'd have to be Lexana, Chimmy, or (whatever Chloe and Oliver are - am running a blank here, lol! ).

I think what the Canon category implies is that the story sticks very closely to the events on the show. There are some stories that fill in "missing moments" or use events of episodes to craft the shape of the story. So they'll be Chlex stories but they won't be future fics, AUs, or stories that disregard or change what has happened on the show. Julie can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what the category is supposed to be.

Julie
11th November 2010, 20:35
First, if anyone's wondering where the other posts went, I deleted them to avoid confusion, since we were talking about two different things, but didn't notice it :D

Thanks for working on this, Julie. It should be really fun!

Just a question for clarification. You say the nominated stories must have been posted after 2009. Does that mean they were begun after 2009 or finished after 2009? I don't have any in that situation, but there may have been some stories that were WIP's for the last fanfiction awards but that are now completed. Are they eligible for the non-WIP categories?

Hmmmmm, I was originally thinking begun after 2009, but perhaps it would be easier to remove the time frame on the nominated fanfictions all together?

I"m curious about the Canon. Chlex wasn't canon, so my guess is it'd have to be Lexana, Chimmy, or (whatever Chloe and Oliver are - am running a blank here, lol! :)).

I like your question, Zannie! I have a WIP fic right now and one that I've not put as WIP because I'm thinking of ending it. It's short, but I just don't have the stamina right now to keep going with it. Plus, my original thought was to have it be a one-parter. Undecided....:)

Thanks Julie! :)

I think what the Canon category implies is that the story sticks very closely to the events on the show. There are some stories that fill in "missing moments" or use events of episodes to craft the shape of the story. So they'll be Chlex stories but they won't be future fics, AUs, or stories that disregard or change what has happened on the show. Julie can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what the category is supposed to be.

Zannie is correct :)

lexie
11th November 2010, 21:10
Hmmmmm, I was originally thinking begun after 2009, but perhaps it would be easier to remove the time frame on the nominated fanfictions all together?

I think it'd be nice to allow stories that were started before 2009 but finished afterwards to have a chance. Provided we don't nominate them in a category they've already won... In any case, there's a rule which covers that aspect.

Zannie
11th November 2010, 22:00

Yes, if we limit it to only fics started and completed after 2009, we'll have a very small list of fics to choose from. Lots of short stories but not many others. I've only been around since the summer and I'm not reading much in the way of WIPs so I could have missed a few, but the only multi-chapter stories I'm aware of that have been both begun and completed since July are my Sanctuary, Metaphysics and Rebel (by the end of the week). I'm sure there were some from the first part of the year, but I think limiting it to only fics begun and completed this year is going to give us too limited a pool.

If we pull in fics that were completed after 2009 but started earlier, that would give us several more. I'm not actually sure how much fic activity was happening in the first half of this year, but if it was like it is now, we still have a fairly small pool of fics to choose from and it might be hard for readers to figure out which fics were actually completed in the time frame, so they may simply gravitate toward the most recent fics.

When you say remove the timeframe altogether, did you mean open it up to all fics on the board that didn't win in the previous awards? That would certainly give voters more options to choose from and maybe increase the stakes. Otherwise, in some of the categories, we may only have one or two nominations.

Julie
11th November 2010, 22:41
Yes, if we limit it to only fics started and completed after 2009, we'll have a very small list of fics to choose from. Lots of short stories but not many others. I've only been around since the summer and I'm not reading much in the way of WIPs so I could have missed a few, but the only multi-chapter stories I'm aware of that have been both begun and completed since July are my Sanctuary, Metaphysics and Rebel (by the end of the week). I'm sure there were some from the first part of the year, but I think limiting it to only fics begun and completed this year is going to give us too limited a pool.

If we pull in fics that were completed after 2009 but started earlier, that would give us several more. I'm not actually sure how much fic activity was happening in the first half of this year, but if it was like it is now, we still have a fairly small pool of fics to choose from and it might be hard for readers to figure out which fics were actually completed in the time frame, so they may simply gravitate toward the most recent fics.

Sounds reasonable :)

When you say remove the timeframe altogether, did you mean open it up to all fics on the board that didn't win in the previous awards? That would certainly give voters more options to choose from and maybe increase the stakes. Otherwise, in some of the categories, we may only have one or two nominations.

Yes, I meant remove it so that we'll open up for all fanfictions on the forums, but excluding those that have won in the previous awards from entering in the same category as they won in.

I've updated the first post now, and removed the time frame :)

Julie
11th November 2010, 23:02
Just to clarify, as someone sent me a PM asking about this.

When you say previous winners can't be nominated in the same categories they won in before, I was initially thinking the stories themselves couldn't be nominated. [...] I'm hoping you just meant the stories themselves and not the author who wrote them can't be re-nominated in the categories. What was meant by "previous winners cannot be nominated in the same category(ies) they won in" is that only the story itself cannot be re-nominated in the category(ies) it won in. The author, and the author's other stories can be nominated again, of course.

And authors who've won in one of the author categories before, can be re-nominated on those, even if they've won previously.

An example:

Best Alternative Universe
Sanguis quid Ligurat

Ruafair's "Sanguis quid Liqurat" won Best Alternative Universe in the last awards, meaning "Sanguis quid Liqurat" cannot be nominated again this year in Best Alternative Universe category. Her other stories can be nominated in other categories.

An author example:

Best New Author
Cypanache

Cypanache won Best New Author last year, but now she would qualify for Best Veteran Author. And Zannie, who won Best Veteran Author last year, can be nominated this year as well in the Best Veteran Author category.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion, and if there's anything else that's a bit confusing to you, don't hesitate to contact me and ask me! :)

lexie
11th November 2010, 23:52
What was meant by "previous winners cannot be nominated in the same category(ies) they won in" is that only the story itself cannot be re-nominated in the category(ies) it won in. The author, and the author's other stories can be nominated again, of course.

This also means that say "Sanguis Quid Ligurat" could be nominated in other categories or in all categories but AU, right?

I know that the Fanfic Challenge entries and the Secret Santa fics were written for a contest but somehow it seems a pity to leave them out. Has the decision not to include them been based on the fact that an important number of the first group are still anonymous? Or is it that the software doesn't allow the nomination of a fic unless the author's pen name is entered in the corresponding field?

LexGirl
12th November 2010, 03:06
Thank you to Zannie and to Julie for explaining what Canon was! :)

Avalanche
12th November 2010, 04:41
This also means that say "Sanguis Quid Ligurat" could be nominated in other categories or in all categories but AU, right?

I know that the Fanfic Challenge entries and the Secret Santa fics were written for a contest but somehow it seems a pity to leave them out. Has the decision not to include them been based on the fact that an important number of the first group are still anonymous? Or is it that the software doesn't allow the nomination of a fic unless the author's pen name is entered in the corresponding field?

It's not really a pity. Some people want to stay anonymous for the challenge. This would be a form of pressure on those who want to remain anonymous. These fics have already been judged and had a spotlight. We want to give others a chance to shine and win. It's redundant and unnecessary.

lexie
12th November 2010, 04:55
It's not really a pity. Some people want to stay anonymous for the challenge. This would be a form of pressure on those who want to remain anonymous. These fics have already been judged and had a spotlight. We want to give others a chance to shine and win. It's redundant and unnecessary.

By the way, I didn't imply that it's a pity some challenge fanfics remain anonymous; it's a valid right to want to keep the mystery if the author prefers it that way. In any case, if the software didn't require for users to type the name of the author in order to nominate a fic, anonymity would be preserved.

I think it'd also be a nice way for people to discover works which they might have overlooked. Past editions of the Awards have helped discover several hidden jewels- old and new- especially when readers are new to the forums or usually stick to a specific genre or rating (again a matter of personal choice and a practice I respect). Of course, that's just my opinion.

Avalanche
12th November 2010, 04:58
By the way, I didn't imply that it's a pity some challenge fanfics remain anonymous; it's a valid right to want to keep the mystery if the author prefers it that way. In any case, if the software didn't require for users to type the name of the author in order to nominate a fic, anonymity would be preserved.

I think it'd also be a nice way for people to discover works which they might have overlooked just as it's happened with previous editions of the Awards.Many hidden jewels old and new have been discovered by people who are new to the forums or who usually stick to a specific genre or rating. again a matter of personal choice and a practice I respect. Of course, that's just my opinion.

That doesn't validate or really answer the issue of challenge fics being a part of the awards. They have already been judge and they are archived for people to see. No need to include them in the new fanfic awards.

lexie
12th November 2010, 05:04
That doesn't validate or really answer the issue of challenge fics being a part of the awards. They have already been judge and they are archived for people to see. No need to include them in the new fanfic awards.

Well, all fics are archived to see. But, as I said before, it's just my personal opinion and in no way a view that has to be shared by everyone. ;) We're just bouncing off ideas; silly as they might seem at times. LOL

Avalanche
12th November 2010, 05:06
Well, all fics are archived to see. But, as I said before, it's just my personal opinion and in no way a view that has to be shared by everyone. ;) We're just bouncing ideas; silly as they might seem at types. LOL

Yes, and then I responded why I didn't think it would be a good idea to include them. So I've bounced an idea as well, which is: let's not include them and go with Julie's current amendments, unless there are more ambiguities.

lexie
12th November 2010, 05:12
By the way, I meant "times" and not "types", but I assume you got what I meant. ;) Blame it on my muddled brain after marking tons of Cambridge mock tests.

And I agree, Julie rules so her word will be the last and we'll certainly abide by it.

Avalanche
12th November 2010, 05:27
By the way, I meant "times" and not "types", but I assume you got what I meant. ;) Blame it on my muddled brain after marking tons of Cambridge mock tests.

And I agree, Julie rules so her word will be the last and we'll certainly abide by it.

Heh. Not a problem. Typos happen to even research scientists who use fancy equipment that costs her entire salary. LOL ;)

Julie
12th November 2010, 07:43

Yes, correct, since Sanguis didn't win in any other categories.

Thank you to Zannie and to Julie for explaining what Canon was! :)

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other questions :)

I left them out because, as Ava said, they've already been judged and had their spotlight. They get more spotlight since they're official NS contests, and we promote those contests via various channels, we don't promote regular fanfictions normally.

Julie
14th November 2010, 14:38
The award show is minutes from launching!

Any other ideas for author nomination categories?

kitten
14th November 2010, 15:15
I would suggest Most Versatile Author, meaning the writer who is known for tackling different genres, tones, situations and story ratings with equal success. Only if you're looking for more author categories though.

Zannie
14th November 2010, 18:41
I would suggest Most Versatile Author, meaning the writer who is known for tackling different genres, tones, situations and story ratings with equal success. Only if you're looking for more author categories though.

I like nonky's idea. If you want another one, for fun, we could have a "still waiting for an update" author award (for authors we love but who aren't terribly consistent with the updates).

Julie
14th November 2010, 19:45
The website is now open (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/), and you can start nominating your favourites!

To nominate, please login with your NS username and password.

See the first post for dates and updated information!

Sounds good!

I like nonky's idea. If you want another one, for fun, we could have a "still waiting for an update" author award (for authors we love but who aren't terribly consistent with the updates).

Haha!

Avalanche
14th November 2010, 19:49

If we did this one, would graveyard fics be eligible? Since some folks still clamor for updates from some of those.

lexie
14th November 2010, 20:20
Only active members of NS Forums can be nominated. (E.g. banned users cannot be nominated).

Does this mean that authors such as scifichick744, who no longer frequents the forums, aren't eligible? Or only those who have fallen into the lurkers category or broken a rule? If the lurkers category applied, then someone such as Cypanache- who hasn't updated in a long time- would be left out(?).

Julie
14th November 2010, 20:42

If we did this one, would graveyard fics be eligible? Since some folks still clamor for updates from some of those.

We were discussing more author categories, not for stories, so if we were to do this one, it would only apply to authors, and not their stories.

Only active members of NS Forums can be nominated. (E.g. banned users cannot be nominated).

Does this mean that authors such as scifichick744, who no longer frequents the forums, aren't eligible? Or only those who have fallen into the lurkers category or broken a rule? If the lurkers category applied, then someone such as Cypanache- who hasn't updated in a long time- would be left out(?).

It's just the banned users. An author might not have been on NS for years, but still has written stories for the fans to enjoy :) I'll update the first post to make it more clear, that it only applies to banned users.

I could have set it so that Lurkers weren't eligible, but that would take staff too much time to check which user was active and not :) I might be able to implement that for the next award show, but for now it's just banned users that can't be nominated. It's a rule that's gotten copied from the Spotlight Party :)

Avalanche
14th November 2010, 20:43
Coolio, Julie!

~*~Tasha~*~
14th November 2010, 21:58
This is great to see the nominations open. {Smiles}

lexie
14th November 2010, 22:51
When nominating for Best Characterisation of an SV character other than Chloe and Lex, isn't it possible to make names? I was under the impression that last time we were able to fill in a field with the name of the character we were nominating, say Bruce in Ends and Means.

Julie
14th November 2010, 23:02
When nominating for Best Characterisation of an SV character other than Chloe and Lex, isn't it possible to make names? I was under the impression that last time we were able to fill in a field with the name of the character we were nominating, say Bruce in Ends and Means.

I don't think we had a specific field for that name, I think we just had a "nominee" field, where you'd enter the name and story title. But you can just put the name like you did.

Example: Bruce in Ends and Means

Julie
15th November 2010, 10:29
I see there's a small bug in the pages where you can view the nominees in the author nomination category, the author names aren't separated, so now it's just one long name :P I'll take care of that when I get home, or get a spare minute at work! :)

If there's anything that isn't working properly, or things you find difficult to understand and/or use, don't hesitate to contact me! I've been staring at this code for a while now, so I'm completely blind to it :P So don't think you'll be insulting me or my work by sending me your comments, as I make websites for a living (web developer), so I appreciate the insight! :) Thanks!

Remember to check the first post from time to time for updated information! :)

Other than that, keep nominating guys! We have about 100 or so nominees so far, which isn't bad for one day!

donhisiewen
15th November 2010, 15:48
Wow, Julie! I am really impressed with the thought and work you put into this. It's such an awesome activity for us and it's a great way for me to discover stories I haven't read yet through the nomination lists.

Thanks!

lexie
15th November 2010, 18:11
Guys, remember that WIPs can be nominated for that category and for Best Characterisation only. I've just deleted one which had been nominated as Best Erotica/ NC-17...

Julie
15th November 2010, 21:20
I see there's a small bug in the pages where you can view the nominees in the author nomination category, the author names aren't separated, so now it's just one long name :P I'll take care of that when I get home, or get a spare minute at work! :)

Fixed! :)

lexie
16th November 2010, 16:46
Guys, a reminder: fics which are in the Graveyard can't be nominated, the same applies to collaborating authors for the author categories. I've just deleted three nominations because of this.

westwingwolf
16th November 2010, 21:34
Since I know when voting the easiest stories for some of us to remember are the most recent and the ones from the far past, I didn't want the stories written this year to be forgotten when all our current authors have done such a wonderful job. So here is a list of stories written/completed/or updated since the last fanfiction awards was first announced on March 1, 2009.

WIP
Lying Snake (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6574-Lying-Snake-Chapter-15-is-up-YAY!!!-(R)-06-11-10) - Swee_T42
Whispers in the Dark (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7945-Whispers-in-the-Dark-(-PG-13-PG2-Chlex)-Chapter-7-10-16-10) - LexGirl
The King Stay the King (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7770-The-King-Stay-the-King-R-06.07.2010-Chapter-1) – missnyah
Letters to My Husband (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7159-Letters-To-My-Husband.-(PG-13)6-CHAPTER-UP.UPDATED-5.11.10) – hagu
Death Knell (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7303-Death-Knell-R-11-14-10-Interlude-I) – Avalanche
Super Switch (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6984-Super-Switch-(PG-13)-updated-6-9-2010) – superag
Untitled (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7964-Untitled-Prologue-(R)-26-9-2010)– JosiCuervo
When Lightning Strikes (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7795-When-Lightning-Strikes-PG-13-(Hiatus-29th-Sept-2010)) – Ultra
Affinity (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7844-Affinity-PG-13-(Ch.-Two-Sept.-4-2010)) – kitten
Remembering Chloe Sullivan (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6317-Remembering-Chloe-Sullivan-(R)-Chapter-5-Part-1-10-21-2010) – letia84
The Impossible Journey (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7612-The-Impossible-Journey-Chapter-One-(R)-Oct.-11-2010) - skauble
Mine (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7791-Mine-General-for-now-eventualy-NC17-I-hope.-06-15-10) – Cmds1025
The Billionaire Muggings (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/2023-The-Billionaire-Muggings-PG-13-to-R-(update-Nov.-9-2010)) – kitten
Pulse (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/4911-Pulse-Chapter-Eight-(part-1.25-ish)-26-9-(NC-17)) – JosiCuervo
Lex: Evil is a Definition of Society (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7010-Lex-Evil-is-a-Definition-of-Society-NC-17-10-15-10*Chap7*) – Minty Revolution
The Lesser of Two Evils (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/2151-The-Lesser-of-Two-Evils-NC-17-Chapter-32-(Sept-13-2010)) – kitten
Crawling Back (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/5408-Crawling-Back-(NC-17)-Chapter-18-11-3-2010) – letia84
The Nudge (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/5317-The-Nudge-NC-17-(Updated-Oct.-3-2010)) – kitten
Beneath the Veil (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6429-Beneath-the-Veil-NC-17-Updated-Nov.-13-2010)– kitten
I’ll Protect You (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7860-I-ll-Protect-You-(PG-13)-CH-5-UPDATE-8-4-10) – Ami Rose
Never the Twain shall Meet? (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7941-Never-the-Twain-shall-Meet-(R)-Chapter-1-13-9-10) – JosiCuervo
No Son of Mine (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8002-No-Son-of-Mine-(PG-13-Chlex-Romance)-Updated-10-11-10-Chapter-Two) – LexGirl
Not Another Lovefool (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7847-Not-Another-Lovefool-(PG-15-Chapter-8-updated-September-24-2010)) – Blackberry
Choices (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7913-quot-Choices-quot-(PG-13-R)-CH-5-Nov-9th-2010) – lexie
Luthor Undercover (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7893-Luthor-Undercover-(PG-15)-Chapter-1-16-August-2010)– Joy
Bittersweet (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8236-Bittersweet-(R)-Chapter-2-11-10-10) – Zannie
*The Depths We Sink To (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6202-The-Depths-We-Sink-To-(NC-17)-Sequel-to-Deep-In-The-Bottle-Chap-28-(8-18-10))– TheAmazingApe Won Best WIP

Angst
The Balance (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7258-The-Balance-R-October-4-2009) – kitten
Dreaming the Wolf (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/5827-Dreaming-the-Wolf-R-10-23-09-Chapter-23-and-Epilogue) – Avalanche
A Sketch of Happiness (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7502-A-Sketch-of-Happiness-R-*Updated-March-18-2010*) – sinecure
26 Days (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7668-26-Days-(PG)-20-04-2010) – Lel
Mirror (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7041-quot-Mirror-quot-(Companion-piece-to-quot-From-Afar-quot-)-PG-13-15) – lexie
Persona Non Grata (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7993-Persona-Non-Grata-1-1-(R)-05-10-2010-Chlex-friendship-ANGST-Chlollie-pairing) – Joy
From Afar (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7019-From-Afar-(PG-13-15))- lexie

Friendship
All the Worlds a Stage (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7066-All-The-Worlds-A-Stage-PG-13-(Ch.24-8th-June-10)) – Ultra

General
Amethysts, Rubies, Emeralds, Aquamarines, and Crystals (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6987-Amethysts-Rubies-Emeralds-Aquamarines-and-Crystals-Part-3-(PG)-20-04-09) – kleine_kat
Back to the Present (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6198-Back-to-the-Present-(PG-13)-4-5-09) – westwingwolf
Elective Affinity (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6979-Elective-Affinity-(R)-UPDATE-14th-June-2009) – Pampermousse
Eastern Policies (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6579-Eastern-Policies-(R)-Ch.-25.-29-06-09-END) – klein_kat
Saligia (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7167-Saligia-(pg-13)-08-01-09)– westwingwolf
The Upper Hand (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6774-The-Upper-Hand-(R)-1-31-10)– superag
The Tango (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7803-The-Tango) – Chloe Gilmore O’niel
Shut Up and Drive! (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6782-Shut-Up-and-Drive!-(PG-13)-Ch.14-Epilogue-16th-May-09) – Ultra
Comeback (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7521-Comeback-(R)-2-08-10-Updated-7-21-10-Completed) – eustacie
Lean on Me (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7058-Lean-on-Me-(Doomsday-revisited-Companion-piece-to-quot-Mirror-quot-)-PG-13) – lexie
*What You Don’t Know (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/5261-What-You-Don-t-Know...-(R)-Part-Fourteen-August-31-2009)– skauble Won Best Characterization of Chloe
Secrets and Lies (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6810-Secrets-and-Lies-(PG-15)-April15th-2009-THANK-YOU) – lexie

Humor
WikiBroadcast (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6994-WikiBroadcast-(PG)-4-12-09) – westwingwolf
WikiBest (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7792-WikiBest-(PG-06-16-10))– westwingwolf
Sexual Statistics (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6922-Sexual-Statistics-(R)-Updated-May-13-2009) – BlueSabby
In Your Shoes (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7085-In-Your-Shoes-(R)-UPDATED-August-25th-2010)– BlueSabby
Modern Step-Family Boundaries (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6930-Modern-Step-Family-Boundaries-PG-13-3-6-09) – westwingwolf

NC-17
Spinning Partners (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/5878-Spinning-Partners-(NC-17)) – superag
Fallout (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/1333-Fallout-(NC-17)-8-September-2009-Complete) – scifichick774
Such a Dirty Word (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7499-Such-A-Dirty-Word-(NC-17)-Jan.-25-2010) – sinecure
Eat Me (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7489-Eat-Me-Sequel-to-Bite-Me-NC-17-(Updated-Feb.-26-2010)) – JennyD13
Cheeky (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7475-Cheeky-NC-17-January-11-2010) – kitten
Initiation (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7607-Initiation-NC-17-(April-4-2010))– kitten
Hesperos (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7967-Hesperos-NC-17) – Flyingwoman
Phospheros (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7968-Phosphoros-NC-17) – Flyingwoman
Doing It (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7963-Doing-It-26-9-(NC-17)) – JosiCuervo
The Commando Invader (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7090-The-Commando-Invader-NC-17-June-15-2009) – kitten
Bite Me (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6891-Bite-Me-(NC-17)) – JennyD13
Survival (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/1647-Survival-NC-17-Aug.-2-2009-Epilogue-added)– kitten
Such a Dirty Mouth (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7551-Such-A-Dirty-Mouth-(3-6-10)-Sequel-to-Such-A-Dirty-Word) – sinecure
Olympus (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7979-Olympus-(NC-17)) – Zannie

Romance
Rebel (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7952-Rebel-(R)-Chapter-7-11-14-10) – Zannie
Who Needs Normal (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6951-Who-Needs-Normal-(PG-13)-(03-13-09-Complete))– PMD
Chasing the Lead (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6214-Chasing-the-Lead-(PG-13)-(April-9-2009)) – chlexgirl24
The Light in Dark Places (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6985-The-Light-in-Dark-Places-(Rated-R)-COMPLETED)– Phoebe Pennyworth
Against All Odds (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7589-Against-All-Odds-(june-25-2010)-Rating-PG13-ch-11) – Chloe Gilmore O’niel
Sanctuary (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7832-Sanctuary-(R)) – Zannie
Back from the Dead (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7151-Back-from-the-Dead-(PG-13-R)-CHAPTER-27-plus-Epilogue-(Aug-17-2010)) – lexie
My Luck Has Changed (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8230-quot-My-Luck-Has-Changed-quot-(PG-13)-11-05-2010) – PMD
Metaphysics (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7865-Metaphysics-(R)-11-3-10) – Zannie

Short Story
Needs (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6966-Needs-(PG-13-03-23-09)) – westwingwolf
The plan (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7080-The-plan-(g-drabble)) – basmas84
And She Was… (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7101-And-She-Was...-(G-Drabble))- Ultra
Four Non-Blondes (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7102-Four-Non-Blondes-G-Poem-Drabble) – Ultra
To Be Romeo (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7084-To-Be-Romeo-(PG-6-7-09)) – westwingwolf
Compromising Lex (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7070-Compromising-Lex-R)– Frazi
Death to Nobility (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7145-Death-to-Nobility-(PG-13)-7-26-09) – westwingwolf
Winning a Place (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7121-Winning-a-Place-(PG)-7-14-09)– westwingwolf
Choices (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7201-Choices-(pg-note-character-death)-27-08-09)– basmas84
Obsessing (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7204-Obsessing-(pg-13-angsty-dark)-27-08-09) – basmas84
The Top of the World (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7129-The-Top-of-the-World-(Pg-13-15)-(Post-Doomsday-One-shot)-20-7-09) – lexie
His Lady’s Favor (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7181-His-Lady-s-Favor-(PG-13)-08-12-09) – westwingwolf
Descent (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7257-Descent-PG-October-1-2009)– kitten
The Weight of Nothing (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7359-The-Weight-of-Nothing-R-Nov.-5-2009) – kitten
The Soul of Clarity (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7362-The-Soul-of-Clarity-R-November-8-2009) – kitten
Twisted Betrayal Mine (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7390-Twisted-Betrayal-Mine-NC-17-11-24-2009) – sinecure
Amor Vincit Omnia (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7418-Amor-Vincit-Omnia-PG-13)– Ultra
Questions to Pop (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7281-Questions-to-Pop-R-October-15-2009) – kitten
Casual Deception (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7533-Casual-Deception-(pg-13)-2-13-10) – superag
Truths and Lies (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7501-Truth-and-Lies-NC-17-1-27-10) - momdaemorgan
Lesson Learned (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6968-Lesson-Learned-(PG-03-24-09)) – westwingwolf
Soulmates (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7593-Soulmates-(R-to-be-safe)-4-3-2010) – superag
Life’s Lessons Learned (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7520-Life-s-Lessons-Learned-(R)-2-06-10) – sinecure
Of Teasing and Consequences (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7185-Of-Teasing-and-Consequences-(PG-13)-8-15-2009)– momdaemorgan
Hell is in the Details (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7691-Hell-is-in-the-Details-PG13) – momdaemorgan
Guardian Angel (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7696-Guardian-Angel-(Rated-pg-13)-April-29-2010)– Chloe Gilmore O’niel
Look At Her Past (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7689-Look-At-Her-Past-(PG-13)-4-26-2010) – sinecure
See How She Runs (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7559-See-How-She-Runs-(Mild-R-3-14-2010)) – sinecure
The cure (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7857-The-cure-PG-15) – carly
Little Red Riding Hood (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7842-Little-Red-Riding-Hood-Rated-G)– Chloe Gilmore O’niel
5 Ways Lex Observed Chloe, and 1 Way She Observed Him (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7571-5-Ways-Lex-Observed-Chloe-and-1-Way-She-Observed-Him-(Mild-R)-3-26-2010) – sinecure
Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7515-Bewitched-Bothered-and-Bewildered-PG-(Cy-s-Chlex-Request-fic)) – momdaemorgan
Contamination (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7487-Contamination-NC-17-(momdaegmorgan-s-Chlex-Request))– cypanache
On the Surface (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7714-On-the-Surface-(R)-5-06-2010) – sinecure
A Matter of Trust (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7754-A-Matter-of-Trust-Mild-R) – momdaemorgan
Undercover Warrior (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7536-Undercover-Warrior-(PG-13)-Banner-added-March-20-10) – lexie
Nick of Time (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7874-Nick-of-Time-(R)-8-04-2010)– sinecure
We Fall, But Our Souls Are Flying (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7891-We-Fall-But-Our-Souls-Are-Flying-(R-for-smut)-8-15-2010) – sinecure
Prone Defense (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7782-Prone-Defense-PG-13-June-11-2010) – kitten
Perfection isn’t always the best (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7914-Perfection-isn-t-always-the-best-PG-15) – carly
Of Boyfriends Past and Present (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7512-Of-Boyfriends-Past-and-Present-PG-13-(Cy-s-Chlex-Request))– Ultra
Knowledge (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7974-Knowledge-(PG-13)-October-1-2010) – ChloeLovesLex
Last Time (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7568-Last-Time-(R)-March-25th-10) – lexie
Close Your Eyes (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7543-Close-Your-Eyes-(R)-24-02-10)– lexie
Touch Me (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7907-quot-Touch-Me-quot-(PG)-(August-23rd-2010)) – lexie
Sunflowers (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6962-Sunflowers-(PG)) – Jade4813
Nursing the Edge (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8199-Nursing-the-Edge-PG-13-October17-2010) – kitten
Hidden Costs (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8200-Hidden-Costs-PG-13-October-17-2010) – kitten
Lodestone (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8214-Lodestone-PG-13-Chloe-Lex-(Oct.-24-2010)) – kitten
Remember (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7724-quot-Remember-quot-(PG-15)-May-11th-2010) – lexie
Life Unplanned (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7375-Life-Unplanned-(PG-13)-11-17-09) – cypanache

Holiday
A Windy Mother’s Day (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7062-A-Windy-Mother-s-Day-(PG-13-Complete-5-23-09)) – PMD
An Irish Lass Worth Fighting For (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6975-An-Irish-Lass-Worth-Fighting-For-(PG-13-Complete-04-01-09))– PMD
The Mother of All Father’s Day Presents (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7117-The-Mother-Of-All-Father-s-Day-Presents-(PG-13-Completed-07-11-09))– PMD
Christmas Spirit (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7443-Christmas-Spirit-PG13-12-24-09) – Avalanche
A Safe-House Family Christmas (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7428-A-Safe-House-Family-Christmas-G-PG) – Ultra
A Thanksgiving Prayer (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7389-A-Thanksgiving-Prayer-PG-13)– Kit Merlot
The Father He Never Was (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7096-The-Father-He-Never-Was-(G)-June-17th-09)– lexie
Holiday Heat (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/6743-Holiday-Heat-(NC-17)) – Zannie

Missing Scene/ Episode Re-write
ONYX Chlex Style (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7367-ONYX-Chlex-style-R-NC-17) – CrazyGirlWriter
Crossroads (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7382-Crossroads-PG-13-post-Beast-rewrite) – kitten
A Nice Summer Day (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8244-A-Nice-Summer-Day-(Chlex-PG)) by LexGirl

If I missed any, I apologize in advance. The headings aren't based on which categories these stories should be nominated in, merely where I found them on the board, except for the WIPs which I lumped together. The order is in no particular order other than going from the farthest back on the list and moving forward.

lexie
16th November 2010, 21:56
Great compilation, Mindy. Thanks for giving us and voters a hand. :)

Avalanche
17th November 2010, 07:05
Thanks, www! Really good to get a list of the more current fics with some new authors! You're the best!

Julie
17th November 2010, 10:14
Wicked list www, thanks! :) By the way, I've received your PM, I just haven't had the time to properly respond yet! I'm doing some NS work later tonight, so I'll try to answer it then! :)

LexGirl
17th November 2010, 10:34
Thank you www! I thnk it's cool to have a list to help out too! :) Btw, where do we post nominations for Works in Progress? Just wondered! There are some I've read that I'd like to nominate! :)

ETA: Nevermind, just found it! :) LOL! :)

Avalanche
18th November 2010, 17:50
Ok, so this is late in the game, but I was just perusing the nominations and comparing it with www's list and I have a question. Why are we nominating fics that were completed before 2009? There was some confusion about when a fic could be eligible, but if you started a fic in 2004 and finished it in 2009, then of course it should be eligible; but why are we nominating and including fics that were began in 2004 and completed that same year for a 2009 award?

This doesn't seem like it would be fair to newer authors are who are finishing their fics in the year of the awards. I remember we let pretty much everything be eligible last awards, but that was because we hadn't had an awards fic in a long time. Sorry, I know we already started, but I just kinda noticed this.

Julie
18th November 2010, 18:35
Ok, so this is late in the game, but I was just perusing the nominations and comparing it with www's list and I have a question. Why are we nominating fics that were completed before 2009? There was some confusion about when a fic could be eligible, but if you started a fic in 2004 and finished it in 2009, then of course it should be eligible; but why are we nominating and including fics that were began in 2004 and completed that same year for a 2009 award?

This doesn't seem like it would be fair to newer authors are who are finishing their fics in the year of the awards. I remember we let pretty much everything be eligible last awards, but that was because we hadn't had an awards fic in a long time. Sorry, I know we already started, but I just kinda noticed this.

There was some concern that if we only did fics completed in 2009 we might be a bit short on the nominees... This was before there was done any lists, so there was some uncertainty whether there would be enough nominees. :)

Depending how much longer NS is around, I think I'll have to start doing the awards in January or at least early in the year. So for an example, in January 2011, I would launch Fic Awards 2011, where only fics started and completed in 2010 are eligible. That would be the easiest for staff to control, as they could just open the thread, look at the date for the first post and see whether or not it was started in 2010. If we were going for started whenever, but completed in 2010, going looking for WHEN that fanfiction was completed would be extra work. Only concern here is Graveyard fics that are started whenever, but updated and completed in 2010, those would fall out of the game. Hm.

I have no problem with launching another fanfiction awards say in January/February, then only accepting 2010 nominees. And then, should NS be alive then, for January 2012 fanfic awards, only accepting 2011 nominees and so forth.

For the next award show, if we were going with only fics started and completed in 2010 are eligible, I might be able to program something that would check whether the thread was started in 2010 or not. That would save some work for the staff. Of course, the staff might be familiar with the fics posted, and when they were posted etc, like Lexie pretty much is on this award show, but when I'm approving nominees, I have to check each one, as I have no clue if they are in the Graveyard, or what :P .

I don't think I can program a check for when the fanfiction was completed... Only available data is creation date, and last post date. And author's last post date probably, but it's not 100% certain that the author's last post is the final chapter, it could be "thank you" for feedback on an older fanfiction...

Tricky, tricky stuff! :)

But, this award show is for you guys, so you guys control most of it, I simply facilitate :D

lexie
18th November 2010, 20:09
I agree with Ava that allowing fics from all times to be nominated is somewhat unfair to newer authors, especially when- as Mindy said in her post- people tend to remember the classics. When the previous edition of the Awards was organised a similar concern was voiced because it was feared that our forums' household names or only one author would end up sweeping all the categories if fics from way back were allowed to compete. I too understand Julie's argumentation. It's a tricky thing indeed.

I'm all for a new Award Event sometime in early 2011 for fics written and/or finished in 2010. Even if the coding didn't allow to control whether a fic was started earlier and finished in 2010, it'd be a lot more manageable to browse a bunch of fics than a ton of them.

Zannie
18th November 2010, 22:34
I think the original timeframe specified stories that were started after the previous awards show. And, since the stories have to be completed for most of the awards, this would have left a very small pool of stories (maybe half of Mindy's list - and those mostly short stories).

I would suggest that, if you start doing a yearly awards show for the stories started in the previous year, you might open up more of the categories to WIP's. If you limit it to completed stories started in any given year, with the rate of activity on N-S at least since I've been back around, there will quite a small number of stories for a lot of the categories. But, if WIP's are eligible for more categories, then that would allow for more fics to be pulled in. Also, if the year time frame is based on when a story is started, WIP's started in one year but finished the next would never be eligible for most of the awards.

Hope that rambling made some sense . . .

lexie
18th November 2010, 23:01
Guys, again, make sure that the fics and/or characters that you submit as your favourites haven't been already nominated.

Since Zannie's Leah and Rachel were first nominated together and then someone submitted a nomination for one of them, we chose to split the nominations up- one for Leah and one for Rachel- erasing the combined one. In other words, they can't be renominated as Best Original Characters (combined or individually).

westwingwolf
19th November 2010, 05:02
I don't know what it takes to delete a nomination from the website, but if it is fairly easy, then we could weed out any nominations not on the list I posted. If we keep it to fics that have been written/updated/and completed in the timeframe between the last award show to this award, I do think we've seen it is a fairly substantial list. Short story fics don't have to be nominated in only short story, and I think WIPs could be entered in other fic categories. Our only criteria is that they have to be written/updated or completed during the year, not be in the graveyard and not have a previous win in the category for which they have been nominated (which would only apply to WIPs from the previous year). If the issue is the time it takes to look over the board to find the fics, it wasn't difficult, and I had the time. I have no problem doing it again next year. And all we have to do this year is compare the nominees to the list which I'd be willing to do if I had access to the controls. Then next year, I could make another list, post it before nominations so that everyone can check to make sure they have been included, and have it ready to go before the new nominations start.

Julie
19th November 2010, 09:38
I don't know what it takes to delete a nomination from the website, but if it is fairly easy, [...]

I'll edit in a longer response later to the other replies here, but to quickly answer one question: Yes, it's super easy.

I have no problem of changing the format of the awards, and extending the nomination period a little.

Mindy, if you have the time and are willing to be part of the event staff, I can give you access and show you the ropes :)

I'll get back to you guys ASAP, I'm at work right now, and should be working :D

Avalanche
19th November 2010, 16:51
If we keep it to fics that have been written/updated/and completed in the timeframe between the last award show to this award, I do think we've seen it is a fairly substantial list. Short story fics don't have to be nominated in only short story, and I think WIPs could be entered in other fic categories.

Do you mean include WiPs in "Best Romance" etc? Because I think your list will still make all categories competitive without including WiPs in anything other than the "Best Character" and "WiP" categories. For me, it's like nominating The Dark Knight a year before completion. We're judging on the totality of work and overall quality.

westwingwolf
19th November 2010, 18:51
Do you mean include WiPs in "Best Romance" etc? Because I think your list will still make all categories competitive without including WiPs in anything other than the "Best Character" and "WiP" categories. For me, it's like nominating The Dark Knight a year before completion. We're judging on the totality of work and overall quality.

You're right, WIPs aren't necessary to be counted in other categories to feel we have enough for nominations. And they will always have the chance to be counted for the others should there be another awards and should they be finished (incentive!). My personal preference is they could be, but I see the value in only completed stories being judged in these categories and not against the potential of WIPs.

Julie, I would love to help out with whatever you need.

Julie
20th November 2010, 15:06
All right, I've thought about this back and forth, and written up different replies several times. I think we'll just continue with the way we've done so far this year, with no time frame, for this award show.

Then we can try a new format next year. I think that will be the smoothest way to do this, since people have already nominated their favourites, and from the looks of it, people are winding down from the nomination spree.

I'll do my best to have an award show up in February 2011 for fanfictions started/updated/completed in 2010.

Then, if Mindy's still willing, she could write up a list of the 2010 fanfictions in late December/early January.

How does that sound?

LexGirl
20th November 2010, 16:02
Sounds good to me! :)

Avalanche
20th November 2010, 16:46
Julie, one more objection because I really think tht we can do this right this year and have the precedent. What we've done, by diluting the nominations down this far, is essentially made it meaningless. Everyone has everything and the there really isn't competition. WWW has the time. The list is already there. We haven't spent an inordinate time on the nominations and we stated that last year we would start the time frame. I'm still in favor of rewarding our recent authors. I think that's the point and I don't think the current system is doing that.

If we said we'd do it this year and haven't done it, what's to compel us to do it next year? Right now is the perfect opportunity to just do it. Everyone will alsways find some kind of excuse or some kind of objection. We can do it right this go around and reward our authors who updated, completed and wrote in 2009 for 2009 awards. Some of those others have been around for years and have had their time. I four purpose is to highlight these new folks and get new writers and make them feel a part of now, then I don't think the current system is encouraging this. We should go ahead and keep our word to last year's authors since we only let no time frame last year because we hadn't had on in so long.

Zannie
20th November 2010, 17:02
Either way is fine with me. I do think most of the folks who have done the nominating are the readers who are currently active on the site, so I'm sure they won't mind having their nominations whittled down to just the fics completed or started since the last awards. I wasn't active on N-S during the last awards show. And, while I greatly appreciated the nominations and votes, I did feel kind of bad because I was pretty sure the awards would have meant more to the writers who were currently active. It could be the same this time around (and I wonder if a lot of the older writers are even aware that they've been nominated). All that to say that I don't think it would cause anyone problems to switch gears at this point and limit the time frame. A few of the categories might be a little slim on options, but most of them should have plenty with the list Mindy put together.

Anyway, either way is fine with me - I appreciate the nominations for both my older and newer fics and I've nominated both older and newer fics, so I could go either way. But if most of the current N-Sers would prefer to limit the timeframe, I'd certainly support them.

lexie
20th November 2010, 18:48
Well, I am amongst those who would certainly benefit from slimming down the list so I'm biased. In other words, the decision of whether to keep things as they are or to cut down the nominees should be up to Julie and/or the other members. Maybe it could be put to the vote with a poll?

Avalanche
20th November 2010, 19:18
Well, I am amongst those who would certainly benefit from slimming down the list so I'm biased. In other words, the decision of whether to keep things as they are or to cut down the nominees should be up to Julie and/or the other members. Maybe it could be put to the vote with a poll?

Every current author will benefit from this, so there really isn't a bias. The whole point is that current authors benefit more than previous authors because all we're doing is re-nominating previous fics that didn't win. It's like nominating Brokeback Mountain repeatedly. Eventually it will win, but it had its chance.

I don't think we need a poll. We either set the precedent now or we don't. A poll will just drag this on. I, obviously, think we should since we said we would last year and pretty much everything is set to go to do it the proper way of judging fics that were updated, completed, or began in 2009 since the last awards. Other awards I've participated in have had a lengthy "is this eligible" period and the list is whiddled down. It's more unfair to not reward current authors than anyone who might've nominated a favorite fic from 2004 that didn't win last year. Let's just do this. It's not that difficult.

JosiCuervo
20th November 2010, 20:15
Let's just do this. It's not that difficult.
Good plan. Less talking and more doing.

westwingwolf
20th November 2010, 22:23
I agree, limit the list to current stories, and get this thing done.

kitten
20th November 2010, 22:38
This is getting to be too much trouble to be worth whatever fun and satisfaction members might get out of it - at least for me. If you are changing the nominations to reflect new guidelines, it should be a simple matter to knock out all of my nominations so I can happily retire from the whole issue. I asked for the courtesy last time around and was told it wouldn't be fair to those who had been kind enough to nominate me. If we can rework the whole thing midway through nominations, I think the issue of fairness is put to rest. Again, I appreciate those who are trying to show me an honour, but this is too messy to be fun.

JosiCuervo
20th November 2010, 23:19
Me too, Non. I see I was nominated for a couple things (surprise!) and if it's easier to just scratch them off, then so be it. I didn't post here in 2009 and I doubt I'll finish anything in 2010.

Julie
21st November 2010, 13:48
All righty, I've asked Mindy to go through the current list of nominees and to weed out those not on the previously posted list. I'll update the first post of this thread, and send out some more information about the recent changes in format to everyone ASAP.

Thanks for all your honest opinions!

Avalanche
21st November 2010, 15:48
Thanks for all your honest opinions!

Thanks also to you, Jules, for providing a great hangout! And for all the time and effort you put into NS!

Julie
22nd November 2010, 18:47
OK, Mindy has gone through the nominees and we're down to a proper list. The nominees are now reflecting nominees from the time frame March 1, 2009 and until the date westwingwolf made the list (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8240-NS-Fanfiction-Awards-2010?p=264348&viewfull=1#post264348) for us.

So if you're reading this, and you haven't finished nominating all of your favourites yet, please know that from now on, only fanfictions started/updated and/or completed between March 1st 2009 and until November 17th 2010 are eligible.

We still have until this upcoming Sunday (the 28th) for nominating, so if you see some on westwingwolf's list (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/8240-NS-Fanfiction-Awards-2010?p=264348&viewfull=1#post264348) that you'd like to nominate, don't forget to nominate your favourites (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/) before Sunday! :)

Let me know if there's any mistakes or questions!

lexie
23rd November 2010, 18:46
A small suggestion, Julie: Why don't you add the link to westwingwolf's list to the first post of the thread?

Julie
23rd November 2010, 18:53
A small suggestion, Julie: Why don't you add the link to westwingwolf's list to the first post of the thread?

All done! :)

Julie
29th November 2010, 08:49
Since some categories are missing enough nominee, I'm extending the nomination period a few days. I'll edit in later which categories are low on nominees and for how long I'll extend the nomination period! :)

EDIT:

Most Versatile Author
Best Canon
Best New Author

If you can think of any nominees for these categories, nominate them now! :)

Nomination Period Extended

The nomination period will be extended to Wednesday December 1st 11:59pm Oslo, Norway time. After that we will just go ahead with the voting. NOTE: There won't be two voting rounds, since we've limited the number of nominees, so it's no point in doing two rounds. So there will be ONE voting round.

Julie
3rd December 2010, 11:46
I will have the voting period up ASAP, I've just been a bit swamped, but I haven't forgotten! ;)

So you have some last chance hours to nominate your favourites if you haven't or some are missing! The voting goes up any time now! :)

Avalanche
3rd December 2010, 21:54
Coolio, Jules! Can't wait to vote for my favorite since it's only one voting round! Really streamlines things :)

Zannie
3rd December 2010, 22:53
Thanks for putting this together for us, Julie!

Julie
14th December 2010, 15:59
I know, I know, I'm dragging this out :/ It's been real busy these days, but I hope I can get it up this week!

Sorry guys! :(

Avalanche
14th December 2010, 17:35
I know, I know, I'm dragging this out :/ It's been real busy these days, but I hope I can get it up this week!

Sorry guys! :(

No worries, Jules! Real life sometimes kidnaps you and forces you to work in the labor camp of...real life. :)

Julie
20th December 2010, 21:45
FINALLY!

The voting in the NS Fanfiction Awards 2010 has opened!

Go to the website for the Fanfiction Awards (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?), log in with your NS username and password and you will see a new navigational menu point called Nomination Polls (vote here)!

Let me know ASAP if you see any problems! :) Thanks!

You can vote until January 9th 2011!

Happy voting!

And SO sorry for the dragging out! Who knew I'd suddenly get a RL!

Cloeyhds666
4th January 2011, 20:48
So when will the winners be posted?

lexie
4th January 2011, 21:02
So when will the winners be posted?

We're still in the middle of the voting process, which so far closes on January 9th 2011.

If you haven't voted on this round, you can still do it here (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=polls-round2) using your NS username and password.

lexie
14th January 2011, 07:37
Just in case you haven't read the announcement I posted on the blog and FB:

THE DEADLINE OF THE FINAL VOTING PERIOD HAS BEEN PUT OFF. YOU CAN VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES UNTIL JANUARY 25TH.

How? Simply visit the official website, and log in here (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=polls-round2) using your NS username and password.

JennyD13
15th January 2011, 09:25
My laptop died :( Thankfully i didn't miss this! Thanks to everybody involved for all the hard work!

lexie
17th January 2011, 17:19
JUST EIGHT DAYS LEFT TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES! DEADLINE: JANUARY 25TH

Simply visit the official website, log in here (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=polls-round2) using your NS username and password and cast your vote on the final round.

lexie
24th January 2011, 05:58
JUST TWO DAYS LEFT TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES! DEADLINE: JANUARY 25TH

Simply visit the official website, log in here (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=polls-round2) using your NS username and password and cast your vote on the final round.

lexie
25th January 2011, 20:57
TODAY'S YOUR LAST CHANCE TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES!

Julie
27th January 2011, 09:33
For those of you who still haven't voted, now is really the last chance. I haven't gotten around to closing the voting yet, but I will do so when I get home from work, which is in about 7-8 hours from now. So vote if you haven't! ;)

I'll announce the winners ASAP :)

LexGirl
29th January 2011, 08:45
I've voted! Can't wait to see who they are! :)

Julie
29th January 2011, 14:08
All right, voting is now closed, and as I said I'll have the winners up ASAP :)

A big thank you to everyone who participated in this award show, and I hope you all had fun! :) Sorry it got dragged out as much as it did, real life got a bit hectic :/

Now I'm going to go and work on the winners page :)

Julie
29th January 2011, 14:22
Winners of the NS Fanfiction Awards 2010

Author of the Year
Zannie

Best Adventure/Suspense
Sanctuary

Best Angst
What You Don't Know

Best AU
Rebel

Best Canon
Look at Her Past

Best Characterization of an original character
Leah in Metaphysics

Pulse

Metaphysics

Lionel in Metaphysics

Best Erotica/NC17
Holiday Heat

Best Humor
Rebel

Best New Author
Sinecure

Best Romance
Metaphysics

Best Short Story
Contamination

Best Veteran Author
Zannie

Best WIP
Bittersweet

Most Versatile Author
Zannie

You can see the full list at the website for the fanfiction awards (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/ffa/index.php?handle=winners).

lexie
29th January 2011, 15:10
It's a Zannie sweep! Congrats to her, Sarah and the rest who won on this edition.

Thanks a lot to the readers who nominated my work. I truly appreciate it. :)

kimmie
29th January 2011, 18:05
As someone who has been away from this site and fanfiction for a while (RL took over) its great to see Zannie still on top. I'm looking forward to reading everything i missed while i was away.

Congrats to all the winners

Zannie
29th January 2011, 22:33
Wow - I'm blown away! Thanks so much to everyone who voted for my stories. You all are the best!

And congratulations to all the other winners and nominees - it was a great group of stories and authors!

Thanks, Julie, for doing the awards for us.

lexie
30th January 2011, 07:10
Just checked out the whole list! Being second to Zannie in three categories is a dream come true!!!

Congrats again to everyone who participated and encouraged us with your support to keep on writing and sharing. :)

LexGirl
30th January 2011, 10:18
Congratulations to Zannie, Lexie, and everyone else who won or was nominated!!! I think you guys rock and are excellent authors!!!! :)