PDA

View Full Version : Another award show this year? Poll is closed, but you can still give us feedback! :)

Julie
26th September 2010, 15:36
Which award do you want?

I thought we should have another, but I think we'll only have time for one more this year :)

Julie
30th September 2010, 16:47
Only 8 want another award show? Or do you guys want another award show?

lexie
30th September 2010, 17:06
We're 238 active members. I can't believe just 8 of us voted.

Come on, guys! It's an anonymous poll. You don't have to leave feedback on the thread and if the event is organised in the end, you'll get to show your appreciation- anonymous again- for those fan artists who keep you entertained and coming back to NS.

sinecure
30th September 2010, 19:22
My problem with voting and speaking up about these sorts of things is that I'm not here all the time, so I only see the posts if someone comments on them just before/after I get here. Or if I notice the tweet on the side (which I don't always do). Is there some way to make a thread sticky--staying on top all the time--or something similar? Or maybe announce it at the top where you announce awards and contests. Or... I don't know, can you change the tweet notice's font color to grab attention more? I don't use Twitter so I have no idea how all that works with cross-posting and such.

lexie
30th September 2010, 19:37
My problem with voting and speaking up about these sorts of things is that I'm not here all the time, so I only see the posts if someone comments on them just before/after I get here. Or if I notice the tweet on the side (which I don't always do). Is there some way to make a thread sticky--staying on top all the time--or something similar? Or maybe announce it at the top where you announce awards and contests. Or... I don't know, can you change the tweet notice's font color to grab attention more? I don't use Twitter so I have no idea how all that works with cross-posting and such.

Advertising on the index page is a good idea; even though many a time people don't even notice the banners or notices there. I'm used to getting PMs on other forums when something is being organised or when the administration is looking for the members' opinion on a certain topic or invites them to visit a specific thread such as this one. However, I know that Julie isn't too fond of PM blasts...

astrid26a
8th October 2010, 00:00
I voted for a vids award show. Mostly because there are way too many great fics to try and choose from! And while there are certainly great vids there aren't nearly as many therefore I'll take the less pressured sitiuation! LOL

LexGirl
8th October 2010, 01:00
I'm for another award show! :) I think it would be fun! :)

somethingeasy
8th October 2010, 08:23
Dammit, I had finished writing a comment, and then I clicked on the wrong button when I meant to post it. The post disappeared! aaargh, why do I have to do such dumb things sometimes?!??

Anyhow, I don't remember when the last fanfiction and music video award competition took place. Surely it wasn't that long ago...? In any case, I don't think there have been too many new additions in music videos since the last competition, but I AM quite certain that there have been a number of new fics since the last fanfiction awards. Perhaps? Maybe? In which case, let's hold another fanfiction award celebration to welcome all the new fics that have joined our happy family.

Julie
8th October 2010, 12:29

I've sent out a PM to all members now, and the thread is sticky :) Thanks for the feedback :)

Advertising on the index page is a good idea; even though many a time people don't even notice the banners or notices there. I'm used to getting PMs on other forums when something is being organised or when the administration is looking for the members' opinion on a certain topic or invites them to visit a specific thread such as this one. However, I know that Julie isn't too fond of PM blasts...

I'm not too against sending mass PMs (as you can tell now ;)), but I am against mass e-mails, because 90% of the time it just fails because of the servers anti-spam method :P I tried a mass e-mail a couple of years ago, and of the.. 2000 I tried to send, I got back over 1500 of them :P So not doing that again any time soon, haha!

It's just too straining on the server to send a lot of e-mails in one instant. PMs are a bit better though.

I voted for a vids award show. Mostly because there are way too many great fics to try and choose from! And while there are certainly great vids there aren't nearly as many therefore I'll take the less pressured sitiuation! LOL

Haha! Then I think you should start to think of your favourites now, because the way things are going, it looks like there's going to be fanfiction awards :P

I'm for another award show! :) I think it would be fun! :)

I think it will be fun too! :)

Dammit, I had finished writing a comment, and then I clicked on the wrong button when I meant to post it. The post disappeared! aaargh, why do I have to do such dumb things sometimes?!??

Anyhow, I don't remember when the last fanfiction and music video award competition took place. Surely it wasn't that long ago...? In any case, I don't think there have been too many new additions in music videos since the last competition, but I AM quite certain that there have been a number of new fics since the last fanfiction awards. Perhaps? Maybe? In which case, let's hold another fanfiction award celebration to welcome all the new fics that have joined our happy family.

I hate it when that happens to me, which is why I've added the habit of either do a Ctrl+C to copy, and sometimes I even paste it into a separate Notepad document just in case, before I hit Go/Submit when writing longer posts, just in case something happens :P

Zannie
8th October 2010, 12:40
I agree with Sabrina that it's probably smarter to do the fanfic awards, just because there will be more new work to vote on since the previous awards. Even in fanfic, if it's limited like last time to Completed fics for most of the categories, we're talking about a relatively small pool of possibilities, at least compared to the last awards.

I hate it when that happens to me, which is why I've added the habit of either do a Ctrl+C to copy, and sometimes I even paste it into a separate Notepad document just in case, before I hit Go/Submit when writing longer posts, just in case something happens :P

Heh. I edit my new chapters in the textbox (it looks different there and I catch things I don't in Word) - and once several years back I spent an hour editing a 6000 word chapter of "Irrevocable" but forgot to copy and paste before I hit submit. I lost it! Oh dear, I was an uphappy camper. I never forget anymore.

starmoon
9th October 2010, 01:59
go fo it i would love another award show.

jcassy
9th October 2010, 15:07
I have just voted

Julie
9th October 2010, 17:26
Thanks to everyone who voted! I'm closing the poll now, since it appears most of you want another fanfiction awards :) I'm going to get to work on the code for it now, and if anyone would be so kind as to volunteer to be staff for it, please PM me! :) Thanks!

daria_103
10th October 2010, 13:14
Damn I missed the poll, sorry for not seeing this post sooner. I'd definitely love another fanfic awards, RL has been so mad this year I haven't been present here as much as I'd like so I know I've missed a lot of great fic and the awards are a great way of bringing attention to all that's been posted through the year that people like me might have missed out on.

mima
12th October 2010, 18:00
Damn I missed the poll, sorry for not seeing this post sooner. I'd definitely love another fanfic awards, RL has been so mad this year I haven't been present here as much as I'd like so I know I've missed a lot of great fic and the awards are a great way of bringing attention to all that's been posted through the year that people like me might have missed out on.

What she said!!! XD!!

Julie
28th October 2010, 09:52

What she said!!! XD!!

Thanks for the feedback guys! :)

I'm still working on the code, but it's almost ready :D Just need to test it properly :D

lolgrl123
27th January 2011, 05:38
Didn't get to vote :(

Julie
27th January 2011, 09:26
If you're really fast you can still vote. I am at work for another 7+ hours and won't be able to announce the winners until later :) But you have to hurry! ;)