PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade Party (PG13)(completed)

Logan
4th October 2003, 17:17
Title: Masquerade Party
Author: Gumby
Disclaimer: I wish they were mine!
Summary: Unusual things happen at a Halloween party at the Luthor mansion.
Rating: PG-13 most likely

I didn't know what category this falls into exactly. The first part is definitely romance...but it changes much later on.

“So Clark, got any plans for this All Hallows Eve?”

Clark looked up from his textbook into the face of his good friend Lex Luthor. He sighed as he looked back down at his book. “Studying. I think no matter how much I study this book I will never be ready for the test on Friday.”

Lex sat opposite him in the booth at the Talon and spun the book around to face him without asking permission. “Ah-History. I am a little bit of a history buff myself.” He put on a wry grin suddenly and added, “If I can get you ready for that test by Friday, I want you to consider coming to a masquerade party at my house on Thursday night-Halloween.”

“Masquerade party?” Clark said incredulously and laughed a little, “I haven’t dressed up for Halloween since I was thirteen.”

Lex smiled. “A masquerade party isn’t exactly trick or treat Clark. Grown ups have these parties. Oh, and give these to our mutual friends.” He said handing a smallish stack of gilded envelopes to Clark.

Leafing through the envelopes Clark saw that they were addressed to Pete, Lana, Chloe, and even one to his mother and father. He smiled at that and looked at Lex with a raised eyebrow.

“I realize your mother and father probably won’t come, but I sincerely want them there.” He spread his hands, “Besides, it will reassure them that this is a harmless party that will not involve alcohol- or any other minority defiling substances. So what do you say,” he said looking back down at Clarks’ book, “do we start studying or what?”

Clark looked at him and smiled. “Give it your best shot.” The two ill-fated friends spent the rest of the afternoon and into the evening with Lex tutoring Clark on the intricacies of American History. For the sake of the class Lex stuck close to the book, though it was obvious many times that he held the writers in disdain and doubted the credibility and authenticity of the so called “historians” that penned the book.

Around the time the Talon was closing Lex snapped the book shut and spoke confidently. “Clark you are ready for this test.” He stood up and grabbed his sports coat, hooking it on his finger and slinging it over his shoulder. “I guess we’re on for Thursday?”

Clark nodded and started to put his books into his bag. “You’re an excellent teacher Lex. I think you missed your calling.” He finished packing and stood up. “Thursday night. I wonder what I can dress up as.”

Smiling at the indirect acceptance of the invitation, Lex said “I’m sure you’ll figure it out.” He turned and walked toward the door, shooting one last question over his shoulder. “Need a ride back to the farm?”

“I think I’ll walk. I could use the fresh air.”

Lex shrugged and opened the door. “Don’t forget to invite your friends.” With that he opened the door and walked out.

As Lex got into his Porsche and started it up he smiled to himself, happy that he could help a friend and that Clark would be coming to the party. Though he knew there was little love between Clark’s friends and himself he really hoped that they would come to the party. As he pulled out onto the main road and headed toward his mansion he thought to himself: I hope one of his friends in particular shows up...

Just me Jules adding in the rating ;) Don't forget that next time (in the topic title or title description).

tigerbaby
4th October 2003, 17:21
*squeals* we've got another boy. Justin is going to have to give up his title as Harem King. *snickers*

Welcome Logan and great beginning.

A masked party. Oh the possibilities....

Julie
4th October 2003, 17:26
*squeals* we've got another boy. Justin is going to have to give up his title as Harem King. *snickers*

Hehe

This was a good beginning, can't wait to see what happens next ;) So... Don't be a stranger, come and update :D

Ms.Maeve Rain
4th October 2003, 17:43
Pleas update!Cool story!

Warunee
4th October 2003, 17:47
Yay, this was a great start. Please come back and update soon.

scifichick774
4th October 2003, 17:59
Hee! Nice beginning. And really nice jab at the textbook authors since I always thought that when I was reading them. Looking forward to more. :)

asharnanae
4th October 2003, 18:25
:drool: ohhh, now this sounds like it gonna be a wonderful droolworth story!! loved the beginning, hope to see more soon!

Val
4th October 2003, 18:33
Hey Ed!!! :D Glad to see you finally came to NS! :D And podted your fic, you know I love it already don't ya? ;)

spooky
4th October 2003, 18:36
Great start, Logan! Gee, I wonder what is gonna happen next... ;)

spooky

asharnanae
4th October 2003, 18:49
:biggrin: great start!! cant wait to see where this goes! fantastic stuff, now more as soon as ya can!!!!

:blush: ok, I just realised that I reviewed this twice, chalk it up to my brain being fryed by my pgce corse!

hfce
4th October 2003, 22:48
Great start more please....... :biggrin:

Hope :chlexsign2:

Tandy
4th October 2003, 22:53
:biggrin: that was awesome! Great start! Update soon please!

Tandy

Sab_Luthor
4th October 2003, 23:14
i'm sure he is waiting for chloe to show up
so don't disappoint him and give yhe man what he want in that case chloe

Logan
5th October 2003, 00:25
Clark gathered the rest of his books and various notes into his backpack and turned to see Lana finishing up the last minute closing procedures in preparation to leave. They were the last two left in the store. She looked up at him and saw him staring at her. Smiling a little shyly at him she said, “I should be done in just a few minutes if you want to wait around.” She brushed a loose strand of hair out of her eyes as she waited for his answer.

“My pleasure.” Clark said, setting his pack back down on the table top. “What can I do to help?” He loved looking at her and felt his heart warm as she smiled appreciatively back at him.

“I was hoping you would ask.” She pointed to the floor and said, “If you don’t mind sweeping up we could be out of here a lot faster.”

If only you knew how fast I could get us out of here. The temptation to use his super speed to get them out of there so he could spend even a minute longer talking to her was irresistible, but common sense and self control won out in the end and he grabbed the broom and as quickly as he could without tapping his inhuman speed swept the store up while Lana finished her preparations.

It really was difficult for Clark not to let her in on the biggest secret of his life. He wanted to trust her and let her into his whole heart, but caution fed by fear held his tongue in check. As he was finishing up with the broom he suddenly remembered the invitations. Lana was also finishing her nightly closing routine as Clark came up beside her and laid a hand on her shoulder. She started a bit. “Sorry Lana, I just wanted to tell you that you were invited to a masquerade party on Thursday night at the Luthor mansion.”

Lana took the golden envelope from Clark holding eye contact with him for a minute before letting her eyes drop to inspect what was in her hands. “So this is what you and Lex were talking about all afternoon.” She laughed lightly, “And here I thought you were studying or something.”

Realizing she was teasing him, Clark grinned at her. “We were studying as a matter of fact. Lex is an amazing tutor. I think he really has quite the intellect.” He paused for a minute reflecting on what he had just said before continuing, “He would really like it if you would come. Er, and so would I actually-we uh, both of us would.”

“Well I’ll just have to see about that then. I would hate to disappoint two charming gentlemen with my absence.” Lana gave Clark a coy look. She hadn’t said that she would come exactly; she just hadn’t said she wouldn’t. And she thinks I’m hard to read!

Five minutes later they were on the outside of the Talon, Lana locked the door and they walked to her car in silence. “So, what do you think you’ll dress up as?” Clark asked, fishing in the dark.

“I don’t know.” She said fairly seriously. Her forehead crinkled a little in thought, pushing her eyebrows to a downward slant. “I always wanted to be a princess. The kind that needs a hero.”

“What is it you need to be saved from?” Clark asked, his heart throbbing in his chest.

She just smiled at him and didn’t answer. Silence hung in the air between them before she opened her car door and said, “Do you need a ride to the farm?”

Half tempted to take her up on the offer Clark instead shook his head. “No. I have one.” She said goodnight and got into her car. Clark watched as she started it up and headed down the road, watching until the red taillights were out of sight.

A hero.

Well don't I feel welcome! You all are too kind on the new guy...
Here's some more. Please forgive the Clana stuff...I promise it is a smaller part of the story.

Thank you everyone for being so nice!

Sab_Luthor
5th October 2003, 00:37
good but
less clana and more chlex

tigerbaby
5th October 2003, 00:39
For such a newbie you can be evil. I can't believe that you are going to make me read through all that Clana just to get to the Chlex. *shakes head at Logan* Boy you learn quick.

Now Clark is a dumbass. I'm am going to kill him

He paused for a minute reflecting on what he had just said before continuing, “He would really like it if you would come.

He's gonna give Lana the impression that Lex likes her and LEXANA is absolutely forbidden.

*dusts hands off* okay now that we've cleared the sitch, keep it coming.

asharnanae
5th October 2003, 01:22
:blinkkiss: great update, but hey!!! more of the chlex!!! hehe, hope you canget some more up soon!

Zealot
5th October 2003, 01:53
You know how I like that story right? Glad oyu're posting it here. ;)

hfce
5th October 2003, 05:58
My eyes are still burning from reading all that clana. So next time please give me some chlex. ;)

Hope :chlexsign1:

scifichick774
5th October 2003, 06:00
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 4 2003, 04:25 PM
“I always wanted to be a princess. The kind that needs a hero.”

Why does this not surprise me since that's exactly how she is on the series?

TheConfusingWorldOfJustin
5th October 2003, 06:40
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Oct 4 2003, 08:21 AM
Yep, *sighs*, it was fun while it lasted. :)

:lol: Welcome Ed, another rooster in the hen house. ;)

Nice beginning, are Chloe and Lex gonna end up in a closet somewhere? :biggrin:

-JJ

vardaquareien
5th October 2003, 07:08
WELCOME!!! Oh mighty 2nd rooster!!! :worship2:

Great begginning I luv masquerade-type fics!!! *pouts* You made me read Clana!!! :tease: Oh well at least it was well written! Now Shoo go write some Chlex!!!

deessedelune
5th October 2003, 08:07
Hey, what a great start! Love the whole premise of a masquerade party, so many possibilities. :biggrin:

And BTW, welcome to the looney bin (I'm a fellow newbie).

Would love to read more..update soon please!

Béatrice
5th October 2003, 13:13
I hope that the next update will deals with Chlex. :chlexsign1:

Logan
5th October 2003, 16:31
A/N: What? Wait a minute, are you telling me I'm not at an all Clana site? Oops!

Jusk kidding! Patience my new friends, there is definitely some Chlex coming up.

I have to thank you all for reading this! I love the feedback!!!

Chloe just glared at the golden envelope in Clark’s hand without saying a word. “He really wants you to go, Chloe. I would like to see you there too.” Clark sure didn’t understand his fair-haired friend very well. Sure, things had been pretty touchy since they had dated briefly last year, but he thought all that was behind them. He asked the dreaded question, “What’s wrong?”

“The little rich boy wants to slum it up with us common folk does he?” She said with a most unpleasant tone. She snatched the envelope roughly from Clark and looked it over. “I don’t think I can do that Clark. I just don’t like him much.” She turned a shoulder to Clark and examined the unopened envelope in her hands nonchalantly.

Clark knew most of his friends didn’t like Lex much. Just wait until I have to ask Pete! He hated talking to her shoulder but he wanted to stick up for his friend so he went ahead. “Why are you always looking for dark hidden motives, Chlo? Maybe he just wants to hang out with us and get to know my friends a little better.”

“Clar- it’s ChloEE.” She kidded him, though the smile she wore never seemed to touch her eyes. “And I am suspicious of him. He’s arrogant, pretentious and cocky-and that’s just some of his good points. There is also manipulative, self-serving, condescending and did I say arrogant, pretentious and cocky?”

Clark didn’t know what to say. Once Chloe dug her heels in like this there was little that could be said. “Well, come for me then. And if not for me come for Lana or Pete.” I hope Pete isn’t this difficult!

“I don’t know, Clark…” She flipped the envelope in her hands as if trying to decide whether to throw it away, burn it, or open it. She looked at it like it was poisonous.

“No pressure Chloe. Just please consider.” That being said he left the room of the Torch and stood in the hall for a minute listening. Finally the sound he was listening for was heard and he smiled to himself as the sound of the envelope being torn open reached his ears.

“Now if only I can convince Pete…” he whispered to himself as he headed off down the hallway in search of his friend.

His friend was shutting his locker and gave Clark a huge grin as Clark approached him with the golden envelope cradled loosely in his hand. “Hey Pete,” He said, extending the shiny paper to him, “want to go to a Halloween Masquerade party?”

“Masquerade party? Man-I used to love getting dressed up when I was a kid!” Pete tore into the envelope without abandon and Clark watched as dark clouds covered his sunny smile as he read the invite. At the end the smile had disappeared and all that remained was the clouds. “At the Luthor mansion? Are you crazy Clark? No wait don’t answer that,” he said holding his hands out, “you must be if you have that bald freak for a friend.”

“Pete, I need you there.” He decided to appeal to Pete’s strong sense of loyalty. Besides, he meant it. Pete was an invaluable source of strength and safety for him. And being the only person besides his parents who knew his secret, it was always good to have him close by-just in case something came up.

“Oh man, don’t lay that stuff on me! You know I can’t resist when you put it like that.” The smile had returned, and the forecast looked only partly cloudy. “Ok, Kent. I’ll be there with you.”

“Thanks Pete.” Clark was genuinely thankful that his best friend would be there with him. “By the way,” he asked as an afterthought as they walked down the hall together, “what do you think of when you hear the word ‘hero’?”

tigerbaby
5th October 2003, 16:40
*frowns* I think Pete gave in a little too easy there. Makes you wonder if there's more to their relationship....

Pete and Clark sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

heh heh heh.

lunaluthor
5th October 2003, 18:03
great story so far and welcome to NS Logan, I love to read some maleinvented stuff <insert primal scream> :yay: :yay: :yay:

spooky
5th October 2003, 18:18
Logan, Logan, Logan, what do you think you&#39;re doing? Torturing these poor people with Clana? Tsk tsk... :p

Seriously though, have I told you lately, that I love this story (if anyone starts singing, I&#39;ll kick &#39;em&#33;)? No? Well I do&#33;

One of my fav lines?

“I don’t think I can do that Clark. I just don’t like him much.”

LMAO&#33; Yeah, sure you don&#39;t, Chloe...

Now, can this board survive two male Chlexers? Or will this turn into a fight for dominance...? ;)

spooky

Julie
5th October 2003, 18:19
Hehe... I really can&#39;t wait to see where this is going, but, we better get some Chlex soon, ... or you never know what will happen to you :devil: Mwhahah.. ha... Thihi :D

scifichick774
5th October 2003, 21:24
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Oct 5 2003, 08:40 AM
*frowns* I think Pete gave in a little too easy there. Makes you wonder if there&#39;s more to their relationship....

Pete and Clark sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

heh heh heh.
That&#39;s exactly what I was thinking. ;)

5th October 2003, 22:01
Unlike some people here, I like the working up to Chlex. It gives it more believability. :)

Keep it coming. :chlexsign1:

-JJ

staysixkid
5th October 2003, 22:40
Gumby my friend....you know HOW MUCH I love this fic. *dances* I&#39;ve been there pretty much from it&#39;s birth, and I&#39;ll stick with it till it&#39;s off, married, and out of the house. Keep up the excellent work,

Fee :)

asharnanae
5th October 2003, 23:42
:biggrin: fantastic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

hfce
6th October 2003, 02:26
Chloe in denial you know you want to ravage him. ;)

Hope :lol:

Logan
6th October 2003, 04:35
A/N: Poor Pete&#33; What&#39;s the thanks he gets for being such a loyal friend who can&#39;t resist helping Clark when he says he&#39;s needed? He gets accused of being "that way" LOL

Justin... Any suggestions on how to handle this crowd? LOL

And Chlex happens when it does, I have no control over that. Well, maybe a little...

Chloe sat staring at the Wall of Weird, the invitation opened sat beside her. She had already crumpled it and threw it in the trash, then got it out and smoothed the creases, then ripped it up. It now sat in two wrinkled pieces on her desk. She looked at it out of the corner of her eye then away really fast as if she was afraid it would see her or something. She still hadn’t made up her mind if she would go or not, and the invitation didn’t look like it could withstand any more of her indecisiveness.

How did that man get under her skin so easily-she hardly knew him. It’s more of what he stands for- Lex could actually be quite charming sometimes. No&#33; The man is a despicable lout&#33; She could not bring herself to entertain positive qualities of him. She glared at the invitation again ready to unleash another fit of anger on it then stopped herself. “I could go to this party after all.” She said as a plan unraveled in her mind. “It will be a party that Lex will never forget&#33;”

Getting out the scotch tape she fastened the mangled halves of the invitation back together. The message that Lex had scrawled specifically to her was all blurred and unreadable. She remembered it well though. In his feeble attempt at humor he had written, “I’ll be sure and wear a costume involving a toupee.” This was in reference to a biting remark she had made to him months ago about his baldness. She cringed a little at how cruel she had been to him, but realized that whatever had possessed her to act that way was probably just tapping into her true feelings about him and somehow that justified it to her. At least that’s what she told herself.

Chloe giggled at the sight of the repaired invitation. It looked like it had been regurgitated by some maniacal beast or something. “Perfect&#33;” she exclaimed. “This will go with my costume quite nicely&#33;”

tigerbaby
6th October 2003, 04:52
I love a devious Chloe. Can&#39;t wait to see what she has in mind as a costume.

hfce
6th October 2003, 05:09
I love devious Chloe as well. I cant wait to see what chloe is up to. ;)

happy bunny
6th October 2003, 05:21
Great fic so far, can&#39;t wait to see what Chloe is up to. :biggrin:

And hi Logan, nice to see another guy on this board. Post more soon&#33;

6th October 2003, 05:28
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 5 2003, 07:35 PM
Justin... Any suggestions on how to handle this crowd? LOL
:lol: Don&#39;t ask me, I&#39;ve got my own problems, but this is a start. Keep this up, and you most likely ;) won&#39;t have anything to worry about. :)

-JJ

Calliope
6th October 2003, 06:19
:huh: Ooooo, Chloe. I have a feeling she&#39;s going to get in way over her head.

Hallooo, Logan. Don&#39;t worry &#39;bout us. Just keep the Chlex coming, and we&#39;ll put away our whips and chains. OK, not really, but we&#39;ll hide &#39;em behind our back.

Brittany
6th October 2003, 07:38
I love this story&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out what Lex and Chloe will dress up as. Poor Lex, I don&#39;t know what Chloe&#39;s plan is but it doesn&#39;t sound too good for him :devil: &#33;&#33;&#33; Please update soon&#33; :biggrin:

scifichick774
6th October 2003, 15:10
Really wondering what Chloe&#39;s going to go as...

Sab_Luthor
6th October 2003, 18:00
:huh: :huh: what costume
please update quickly

spooky
6th October 2003, 18:31
Yes, what will happen to our heroine? Will she be the perfect party crasher, or will she dress to impress? Will her dislike for Lex grow deeper, or will he win her over with his famous Luthor charm? Only time will tell... :blinkkiss:

spooky

Blaire023
6th October 2003, 20:26
*greets Logan with a big smacking kiss*

I know, I know *brushes off her skirt* I&#39;m late. But that&#39;s okay, cuz I&#39;m here now. *plops down on the couch beside Sabby*

Okay, now commence with the storytelling.

~B

And yes, I&#39;m thoroughly enjoying this so far.

slayer44
6th October 2003, 22:29
Hey, it&#39;s good to see you over here now &#39;Logan&#39; lol.

I wonder what&#39;s gonna happen next ;)

kirt30
6th October 2003, 22:54
hmm i&#39;m liking this story can&#39;t wait for the next part :wub:

Logan
7th October 2003, 03:34
After talking it over with Lex and his other friends, the unanimous decision was reached to have a theme for the masquerade party. Going off of Lana’s “princess” inspiration, they all agreed to dress in a Renaissance style. Lex seemed particularly enthusiastic about this idea and invited anyone who wanted to come to his mansion a day early to look through what was a pretty extensive collection of costumes reflecting that era. While Clark and Lana agreed quickly, Chloe and Pete turned down the offer just as quickly.

Clark did have even more difficulty convincing his father to let him go than he did with Chloe and Pete. After much pleading and discussion his father finally consented, if not a bit begrudgingly. The funny thing was that the invitation Clark gave from Lex to his parents to attend the party went a long way in softening his heart. Lex sure knows people.

Pulling up to Lana’s house in his father’s truck he almost honked the horn, but thought it might be a little more gentlemanly to get out and knock on the door. They were on their way to the Luthor mansion and see what Lex had to offer in the way of costumes. According to Lex he had the perfect princess costume set aside for Lana, and he had something even better for Clark, though he was being mysterious as to what that was.

“Hey Clark.” Lana opened the door before he even made it up the front stairs. She looked back over her shoulder and a frown teased the corners of her mouth, then she looked back at him and it changed into a forced smile. She was outside and shutting the door behind her before Clark could ask what was wrong. “Let’s just get going. We can talk on the way.” She said as they walked toward the truck.

Clark walked her around to the passenger side and let her in, and then on the way back to his side he scanned the Sullivan house with his X ray vision. Chloe sat in the living room cutting a pair of clothes up with a pair of scissors. It didn’t appear that anyone else was in the house. He opened his door and got in. Lana had that concerned frown on again and Clark wished his vision could penetrate into her thoughts. He started up the truck and put it in gear. About three minutes into their drive Lana began to talk.

“Chloe is acting really strange.” She let that hang out there and Clark wondered if he was supposed to ask investigative questions. He didn’t and she continued after another minute. “I don’t know what is going on-she’s being really secretive…I just think she’s up to something. But when I asked her she just blew me off.”

“Do you have any idea what it might be?” Clark asked when the silence went on for a while. The drive was almost over-the Luthor mansion stood at the top of the hill they were driving on.

Lana shook her head. “I don’t know Clark, she’s been pretty volatile for a long time ever since…” She looked at Clark and didn’t need to finish the sentence. He knew what she left unsaid. Ever since I broke her heart.

He pulled in front of the mansion’s front doors and stopped. Lana got out before the conversation could go any further in that direction and Clark was thankful. Climbing the stairs in silence Clark’s hand grazed hers and he fumbled an apology. She looked at him with a warm smile and then startled him by throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. He just stood there for a moment then wrapped his arms around her and enjoyed the feeling of her pressed against him. She looked up at him and looked ready to say something when the front door opening interrupted them.

Lex was standing there wearing his characteristic smirk. “Clark, Lana. Glad you two could make it.” He was too subtle to tease them out right about the display of affection, but there was a hint of emphasis placed on the “make it” that Clark detected.

Lana must have heard it too because she blushed three shades of red and pulled away from Clark. They climbed the stairs to meet Lex and he ushered them into the house with a playful but genuine smile.

“Lana, in the third room on the right down that hall you will find what I think is the perfect costume for a princess. Please feel free to go try it on and let me know what you think.” Lex turned to Clark, “And you, follow me.” He strolled down the opposite hall without even looking to see if he was being followed. Clark and Lana looked at each other and shrugged with a smile, going their separate ways.

Jogging a little to catch up to Lex, Clark almost ran into the man as he stopped in front of a doorway. “Your costume is in there.” He said sweeping an arm toward the room for Clark. Clark walked in and Lex shut the door behind him, leaving him alone in the strangest room he had ever been in. The walls were adorned with dozens of swords and suits of armor from various periods of history. Different colored shields, tunics, and armor not only hung from the walls but also several mannequins stood at attention all around the room in various states of armor. Clark guessed that all of them were authentic and probably belonged in a museum.

In the center of the room was a stand on which hung a white tunic with golden chain mail underneath it. The tunic was dazzling white with a golden symbol of a serpentine dragon in the shape of an “S” on the front of it. A note with a simple “Clark” written on it was pinned to the sleeve of the tunic. Clark was impressed, he quickly unhooked the tunic and armor and awkwardly put the uniform on, the last effect was one of the coolest as he slid the long sword slowly into the sheath at his side. He stood in front of the full-length mirror and smiled at the finished product.

A hero.

A/N: What&#39;s this? No Chlex yet? I promise it&#39;s coming. Don&#39;t hurt me&#33;
:blinkkiss:

tigerbaby
7th October 2003, 03:51
Oh good god, please, please tell me he&#39;s not going as St. George. I loved that story and, really, Clark isn&#39;t my idea of a hero, certainly not of St. George&#39;s calibre.

That said, if we&#39;re talking renaissance, and with Chloe cutting up clothes, is she perhaps going as a gypsy? a slave girl? Salome?

Okay, put me out of my misery and post the next part soon, &#39;k? Glad we understand each other.

happy bunny
7th October 2003, 05:36
While this addition was lovely, I also can&#39;t wait for the next part. What can I say? I&#39;m greedy. :biggrin:

7th October 2003, 05:38
Originally posted by happy bunny@Oct 6 2003, 08:36 PM
While this addition was lovely, I also can&#39;t wait for the next part. What can I say? I&#39;m greedy. :biggrin:
Hey you want Chlex, no need to explain. :biggrin:

Keep it coming Ed. :yay:

-JJ

hfce
7th October 2003, 06:06
More now chlex please...... :biggrin:

Brittany
7th October 2003, 07:13
:biggrin: Great chapter, I can&#39;t wait to see what Chloe&#39;s costume will be&#33; Please hurry with the Chlex interaction, I&#39;m dying here&#33;

Tandy
7th October 2003, 07:45
Really cool job&#33; I dying to know what chloe is going to go as&#33; :yay: Update soon please&#33; and give us a taste of Chlex pleasee&#33; :worship2:

Tandy

Sab_Luthor
7th October 2003, 10:33
ok there is a LOT of clana (i hate them)
we know that they are made to be together and all
but NOW i want MORE CHLEX please
coz you drive me crazy with the clana thing and ME it&#39;s chlex who i want to read
please please give me more chlex in the next chapter please :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:
:chlexsign4: :chlexsign3: :chlexsign1: :chlexsign2:

Logan
7th October 2003, 14:26
Unfortunately Clark didn’t get to see Lana in her outfit, but she seemed very happy as he drove her back to the Sullivan house. Any attempt to pry information out of her was met with a coy smile or batting eyelashes. She enjoyed teasing him-and he enjoyed it as well. His knight outfit was carefully stashed in a case large enough to house the sword and scabbard, but thin enough to not have excessive air space within. Her costume was in a large opaque bag with a hanger sticking out the top. Clark drove slower than normal so that the costumes wouldn’t slide around too much in the bed of the truck.

They said their goodnights and he drove home alone. The smell of her sweet perfume still hung in the air and he almost wanted to spend the night in the truck to drink it in for a while. Clark was pretty intensely excited about the party, and tomorrow already seemed an eternity away. He got out of the truck and carried his costume into the house with a sigh. This was going to be a long night&#33;

The next night finally found its way mercifully to the group of friends. Chloe didn’t want to ride with everyone else and insisted on driving herself. It was partially for the surprise costume she had in mind and partially a back up plan in case things got ugly at the Luthor mansion. She tucked her miniature camera and tape recorder into her ratty peasant outfit and looked in the mirror. The camera and tape recorder were going to be perfect for finding a seedy story about the bald playboy. She smiled a little smugly at her reflected image. Dirt caked her face and brown tattered clothing. Patches were haphazardly sewn on the knees and the material seemed to be made of a coarse potato sack material.

“Please don’t hurt me Your Highness&#33;” she pleaded with eyes wide in mock fear. It was too perfect when she heard that Lex was going to dress up as a king. It’s almost too perfect… Chloe wasn’t one to believe that everything was fated or anything, but he played right into her scheme without knowing it. The thought freaked her out a little. She mussed her hair up a little more and then smiled. Satisfied, she grabbed her keys and the contorted invitation and headed toward her car.

Lex sat in his mansion with his stocking feet propped up on the desk in his study. He was already mostly in costume and he glanced at the kingly wig with it’s long golden curls and the vintage crown sitting on the mannequins head on his desk. In his hand was a picture and he was looking at it with an unreadable expression.

How had he come to this place? He stared at the picture trying to find the answers, but there were none. What would my father say if he knew about this? He would surely see it as a weakness. What was he going to do with his feelings? He glanced at the wig again in silent wonderment.

His face still unreadable he kicked his feet back down and stood, the picture still in hand. “What would my father think? Who cares&#33;” He would undoubtedly see it as a weakness. To his father love was always a weakness. He gingerly set the picture down, grabbed the wig and crown, and left his study to finish preparing for his guests.

On the surface of the desk the picture remained. On the picture Chloe Sullivan smiled charmingly into the empty study.

A/N: I promise you we are building quickly toward the Chlex. Sorry to gag you all with the Clana&#33; LOL

Thank you for your feedback-I LOVE IT&#33;

tigerbaby
7th October 2003, 14:33
You had all her loveliness covered in dirt?&#33;?&#33;? In dirt?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?

God damn it. and it&#39;s pg-13 so it&#39;s not like I get any smut to make up for this, plus there was all that Clana.

*mutters to self* that Logan.....

7th October 2003, 15:52
Hmm Chloe a peasent and Lex a King, nice combo. Maybe you should raise the rating. ;)

-JJ

sabby
7th October 2003, 17:45
*Sabby makes a late entrance* Hello there, Logan.

Nice to see we&#39;re having a second male in our demented little family now.

I just caught up to this story, and I have to say I&#39;m impressed. You stick damn close to the characters and actions how they would happen in the show. Which has the sideeffect that I keep rolling my eyes at the Clana and waiting for something interesting to happen already&#33;

Unlike the show, however, I know that Chlex is going to happen in this story, so I suffer through the bumbling of the farmboy and the batting lashes of the princess and hope that there&#39;s some snark and banter not too far away when Chloe and Lex finally face off.

So, you know what happens when I like a story? No? Let me tell you *g* I... *brandishes whip*... threaten with whippings if I don&#39;t get an update soon. So consider yourself threatened and UPDATE ASAP&#33;

hugs,
Sabby

vardaquareien
7th October 2003, 18:17
ooooooohh can&#39;t wait to see what everone&#39;s reaction to Chloe&#39;s costume is&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay3: Great idea. I think her costume is actually very in character, while Pinkzilla wants to get all pretty and girly, Chloe wants to piss everyone off and get a story in the mean time&#33;&#33;&#33; Well done&#33;

hfce
7th October 2003, 20:41
Logan the Clana :rolleyes: ugh. Chlex please.... :worship2:

Hope ;)

who?
7th October 2003, 22:12
I&#39;m really liking this but I&#39;m still wating for the chlex..

8th October 2003, 01:59
Originally posted by sabby@Oct 7 2003, 08:45 AM
I just caught up to this story, and I have to say I&#39;m impressed. You stick damn close to the characters and actions how they would happen in the show. Which has the sideeffect that I keep rolling my eyes at the Clana and waiting for something interesting to happen already&#33;

Unlike the show, however, I know that Chlex is going to happen in this story, so I suffer through the bumbling of the farmboy and the batting lashes of the princess and hope that there&#39;s some snark and banter not too far away when Chloe and Lex finally face off.
Nicely put Sabby. :biggrin:

-JJ

sabby
8th October 2003, 02:57
Thanks Justin, but I&#39;m still planning on revenge for you stealing my whip :blinkkiss:

tigerbaby
8th October 2003, 03:02
Originally posted by sabby@Oct 7 2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks Justin, but I&#39;m still planning on revenge for you stealing my whip :blinkkiss:
Oh dear, what have I done? :ohmy:

*runs and tries to hide from Justin*

Brittany
8th October 2003, 05:01
:huh: I wasn&#39;t expecting her to dress up as a peasant, I was thinking she&#39;d be in a sexy costume. But that&#39;s okay b/c the pic of Chloe on Lex&#39;s desk was so sweet, that it made up for it&#33; Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

happy bunny
8th October 2003, 05:23
Loved that he had a picture of her. Adorable in a stalkerish way. :biggrin: Can&#39;t wait to see what happens at the party. So don&#39;t keep me in suspense, update really, really soon&#33;

Blaire023
8th October 2003, 05:45
Originally posted by happy bunny@Oct 7 2003, 11:23 PM
Adorable in a stalkerish way.
perfectly put, my thoughts exactly.

~B

Logan
8th October 2003, 05:50
*WARNING*

While the next portion or segment contains some closer allusions to the long awaited Chlex it DOES HAVE A SLIGHTLY STRONGER CLANA ELEMENT. Read at your own risk. (side effects may include nausea, dizziness, dry heaving and lack of sex drive)

Hey, I didn&#39;t realize how much Clana was actually in this story. Maybe I should reevaluate a few things such as the meaning of life or whatever.

Maybe...

The butler at the door had let in many of the guests already. Clark was already in there, decked out in his stark white tunic and golden chain mail armor. His sword hung at his side in a beautiful gilded scabbard. Next to him was King Lex, looking foppish, regal and impressive in his golden crown and scarlet and purple velvet outfit. Clark had teased him pretty severely about the beautiful long golden curls that hung from beneath the crown all the way down to his shoulders. It looked like a lions mane. Lex took the ribbing pretty well, though he was extremely distracted by the various guests coming through the door.

Every time the door would open his head jerked around to see who it was. This time it was Lana and he felt his breath catch a little. “Miss Lana Lang and her servant Pete Ross.” The butler announced them as they entered. He could see why Clark thought Lana was beautiful-tonight especially&#33; Lana was wearing the dress he had set aside for her, with its golden trim and glowing white ruffles and lace. It was truly a dress made for a princess. In fact a princess of the French kingdom once wore it almost 100 years ago. Lex looked over at Clark and hissed at him, “Pick your jaw off the floor and go escort your princess down the stairs&#33;”

Clark blinked and looked at Lex, abruptly snapping his jaw shut after that, and moved across the room to intercept princess Lana. Lex smiled broadly. He loved this. Lana’s personal servant Pete, who was dressed fairly impressively in what would have been servant garb of that day, accompanied her. He bustled behind Lana and looked pretty uncomfortable. Playing the part, Lana removed her lacy gloves and handed them to Pete without even a glance at him, and then accepted Sir Clark’s hand to escort her down the stairs. Pete snatched the gloves in a very unservantly manner and rolled his eyes. Seeing Lex looking at him he glared back briefly and then forced a smile that looked more like a dog baring its teeth. Lex smiled back as kingly as he could. He didn’t really like the Ross kid either; there was no love lost between them.

Where is she? There was suddenly a commotion at the door and the butler was holding a wrinkled piece of paper with a sour look on his face. “Miss Chloe Sullivan.” He said the words as if they were bitter in his mouth. Lex started to smile but the smile froze as Chloe entered the room in her tattered rags. “I am not worthy of being in the great Luthor kingdom, O’ the wretch that I am&#33;” She shouted and hid her face. Lex saw a smile there but detected a hidden agenda as well. The room had broken into laughter and he forced himself to go along with it. All eyes were on Chloe.

She made her way over to Lex, groveling all the way, and stopped in front of him. Without meeting his eyes she fell to her knees and buried her head under her arms. “Have mercy on me your majesty&#33; I am scum-filthy before your glory&#33;” People were still laughing but it was apparent she was overdoing it now.

Lex looked around and then back down at her. “It is ok my loyal subject. You may arise.” He decided not to let whatever she was doing affect him, and played along. What is she doing anyway? She did not move, but only trembled before him. All eyes were on Lex and there was no one talking right now. “I order you to arise&#33;” He bellowed, letting the embarrassment get to him more than he would want to admit.

People started murmuring as the extremely awkward moment stretched on. Lex scanned the room at their faces and then to Clark he said. “Sir Kent, remove this peasant from my sight.” Clark hesitated for a moment obviously wanting anything but to get in the middle of this. Hesitantly Clark stepped forward when Lex suddenly stopped him with a wave of his hand.

It was this spunk that both attracted him to Chloe and drove him insane. No woman knew how to manipulate his emotions like this. There was a fierceness and intellect in her that was part of the reason that he had fallen for her. A smile played on his lips again and he actually had to hide his laugh behind the back of his hand. I always let her do this to me-when will I learn? Nearly every time they had talked in the past half a year had ended in some kind of verbal showdown, a battle of wits. Why did he expect this to be any different? He changed tactics. “On second thought Sir Kent, leave her be.” He knelt next to Chloe who still had her face buried in her hands on the floor. “This costume doesn’t fool me at all.” He whispered to her so that only she could hear. She stopped trembling and stiffened.

I know that beneath these rags beats the heart of a queen&#33;

Calliope
8th October 2003, 06:11
:huh: More. More, more, more, please.

Hey, you made Lex gasp at Lana. :ohmy: That&#39;s never good.

So...more&#33; Of Chlex. :chlexsign2:

8th October 2003, 06:32
That&#39;s Chloe alright, more. :yay:

-JJ :chlexsign1:

Tandy
8th October 2003, 07:00
That was so amazing&#33; Chloe rocks&#33;

Tandy :yay:

hfce
8th October 2003, 07:22
AWWWWWW I loved that last line aobut the Queen. :wub: sweet.

sydsvaughn
8th October 2003, 08:05
Catching up on my reading and I must say, this one is delightful&#33;

Welcome to our Chlexy world... it&#39;s wonderful to have you here and you must update soon. I have a feeling you&#39;re going to become one of my favorite writers&#33;&#33;

Great job so far, more soon&#33; (I wanna see what Lex has planned for Chloe&#33;)

Sara

vardaquareien
8th October 2003, 09:10
:hehe: Loved Chloe&#39;s dramatics&#33; She&#39;s such a classic&#33;

I refuse to comment on the fact that our sexy Lexy admired "The Blah" - you do know I have a sacrificial knife now don&#39;t you?

sabby
8th October 2003, 11:17
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 8 2003, 05:50 AM
*WARNING*

While the next portion or segment contains some closer allusions to the long awaited Chlex it DOES HAVE A SLIGHTLY STRONGER CLANA ELEMENT. Read at your own risk. (side effects may include nausea, dizziness, dry heaving and lack of sex drive)

Thank you for this thorough warning, tho it wasn&#39;t just the Clana that caused these effects on me. You had him feeling and I quote:
his breath catch a litte

at the fairy princess??? I would like to be able to think better of Lex *shakes head* and you for that matter *brandishes the everpresent whip*

Loved the Chlex interaction though, so for now, I&#39;ll let you off the hook, but don&#39;t you slip again young man, or the punishment shall be severe&#33;

That said, I still love this story and I hope you update soon :biggrin:

hugs,
Sabby

Béatrice
8th October 2003, 15:21
I WANT MORE&#33;&#33;
I CAN&#39;T WAIT FOR THE NEXT PART&#33; :wub:

tigerbaby
8th October 2003, 15:33
Originally posted by sabby+Oct 8 2003, 05:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sabby @ Oct 8 2003, 05:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Logan@Oct 8 2003, 05:50 AM
*WARNING*

While the next portion or segment contains some closer allusions to the long awaited Chlex it DOES HAVE A SLIGHTLY STRONGER CLANA ELEMENT.* Read at your own risk. (side effects may include nausea, dizziness, dry heaving and lack of sex drive)

Thank you for this thorough warning, tho it wasn&#39;t just the Clana that caused these effects on me. You had him feeling and I quote:

at the fairy princess??? I would like to be able to think better of Lex *shakes head* and you for that matter *brandishes the everpresent whip*
[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Sabby on this one. How could you???

Lana only takes my breath away because I&#39;m choking on my anger

Now go update and make it up to me. I deserve for having to read all that Clana

Logan
9th October 2003, 14:42
A/N: To show my sincere repentance about all the Clana you all have faithfully endured, and undoubtably will have to endure at least one REAL NAUSEATING scene in the near future...I wrote a short story called Just Too Easy-it&#39;s in the short story forum. I hope that makes up for it and that you will not hurt me.

This next part has minimal to no Clana-and much more of the preferred Chlexiness.

Chloe just lay there with her head buried, waiting for the inevitable biting remark from Lex. She was sure that he was about to drop the axe and humiliate her with that smug mouth of his. When a full minute passed without another word she peeked through her hands. Lex had gotten up and walked across the room, his back was to her and he was talking with Clark and Lana. There she lay in the middle of the floor like a buffoon and he didn’t even have the decency to get mad at her and retaliate&#33;

Feeling more than a little foolish she got up and crossed the room to the other side to stand by Pete. Some of Lex’s other friends raised their eyebrows at her as she passed and there was much murmuring. She didn’t really mind though, and was way too intelligent to believe that any of these people counted Lex as a true friend. ‘Business potentials’, that’s all they were. Lex probably doesn’t have any true friends but Clark. The thought ate at her a little and she almost thought she felt a little sorry for the bald billionaire. No friends, everybody just sucking up to you for what they can get from you… Well he brought this on himself the way he struts around like he owns the world. “Excuse me Mighty Mr. Luthor; I am not worthy of being in your presence. You’re so powerful&#33; Oh no, don’t buy me out Mr. Luthor…&#33;”

“What’s wrong with you Chloe?” Pete had a concerned look on his face. “Are you feeling ok? I mean, I don’t like the dude either, but that scene wasn’t like you.” He was looking deeply at her like he was trying to figure out if this was a repeat performance of when she had lost her inhibitions. That night she had made that remark to Lex about getting a toupee-among other things.

She smiled at him. “Maybe I did get a little carried away.” She looked over her shoulder. “In my attempt to one-up him and get the last humiliating word in I think I made a bit of a fool of myself.” Pete nodded his head and she shot a look at him that said he better not agree so quickly. She took a cup of the orange punch and looked at it pensively before taking a drink. The two friends stared out at the dance floor dejectedly.

Pete cleared his throat. “Um, can a servant dance with a peasant? I don’t know how all that stuff works anyway.” He was wringing his hands nervously as he looked at her.

Chloe didn’t seem to have heard him. Her eyes were on the dance floor. Clark and Lana were standing very close and talking and he was looking at her appreciatively. She does look beautiful tonight&#33; “Compared to her I might as well be a beggar in rags.” She mumbled into her cup as she took another sip. She looked over and saw Lex staring at her. He smiled. Rolling her eyes she set the cup down hard, orange liquid sloshed over the sides and onto the white tablecloth. “I need to get some fresh air&#33;” she said to Pete and dashed out a side door. She had no idea where that door went and didn’t care. The room was just a little too stuffy for her.

A long dimly lit hallway stretched out in both directions. Raising her eyebrows she pulled her miniature camera out and headed down one of the halls. The door to the ballroom opened and she quickly ducked into the first room she could find, shutting the door quietly behind her.

Looking around she crossed her arms with a satisfied smile on her face. “Lex’s study. This should be interesting.” She walked around the room snapping pictures of the things on his walls with her little camera and making her way ever so slowly to the mother lode-his desk. She was having the time of her life snapping pictures and snooping for the perfect scoop, but when she got to the desk her heart stopped. There sitting on the top of the desk was a picture of her. She picked it up. Shock, rage, confusion and a dozen other emotions flooded through her. Why would he have a picture of me??

“Chloe, I think we need to talk.” She spun around to see Lex standing there in the doorway looking from her to the photograph and back again.

For once in her life she was speechless.

tigerbaby
9th October 2003, 15:30
YES&#33; The much anticipated Chlexiness.

And I&#39;ve just read Just Too Easy. And let&#39;s just say :devil:

scifichick774
9th October 2003, 16:00
Hee hee. Can&#39;t wait for more.

9th October 2003, 16:08
Finally, the Clana didn&#39;t over throw the update. :biggrin:

Now in the next update, don&#39;t have any talk about what Clark or Lana is doing. ;)

-JJ

Sab_Luthor
9th October 2003, 16:10
finally the chlex part
i loe this i want more please
with only chlex if it is possible

lexpixie
9th October 2003, 16:35
i love this story&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; i hope you update soon :chlexsign2:

vardaquareien
9th October 2003, 18:05
Ooooh she found the photo&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: this is gonna be fun&#33; I can&#39;t wait to find out what Lex&#39;s explanation is. Then Chloe&#39;s reaction should be fun too&#33; *rubs hands together in anticipation* I can&#39;t wait for your next chappy&#33;

hfce
9th October 2003, 18:22
Finally Chlex :yay2:

flower
9th October 2003, 20:12
:wave:
I just love it
:rolleyes:
please come back and update

:wub:
Flower

Béatrice
9th October 2003, 20:59
WOW&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see what will happen.
Please an update&#33;&#33; :yay2:

asharnanae
9th October 2003, 22:37
:biggrin: Fantastic fantastic&#33;&#33; cant wait to see what lex says to chloe&#33;&#33; alone , together, in a dark room&#33;&#33;&#33;

spooky
9th October 2003, 22:50
Oh my, Logan&#33; I thought I was gonna have to jump in here and save you from the lynch mob&#33; Glad that crisis has been avoided&#33; Whew&#33; *wipes brow*

Anyways, how much do I love this story? I think you already know the answer to that&#33; You&#39;re makin&#39; me look bad, though, by posting so quickly, while I&#39;m slacking&#33; But what else is new? ;)

Don&#39;t you just love all the feedback, my fellow review-whore? lmao&#33; Anyways, can&#39;t wait for more&#33; My favorite part is coming up&#33;

spooky

happy bunny
10th October 2003, 00:48
Great&#33; Hee&#33; Can&#39;t wait to see what Lex and her do. Alone. In Lex&#39;s study. Catch my drift? :eyebrows:

Anyway, can&#39;t wait to see what happens and what Lex has to say about the picture.

Brittany
10th October 2003, 07:10
:ohmy: uh oh she found the photo&#33; Lex has got some explaining to do. Can&#39;t wait to find out what he says, so update soon please&#33; :biggrin:

Logan
10th October 2003, 14:50
A/N: Well I&#39;m glad my short story bought me some time, cuz there is a definite Clana scene coming up that would probably get me hurt real bad. Don&#39;t worry-it&#39;s not this part&#33; LOL
Hey-thank you all for making me feel so loved here&#33;

“There’s a perfectly good explanation for that photograph.” Lex said. His mind raced through a dozen lies and he rejected all of them immediately. Chloe was simply too smart, she would see right through any of those lies. Besides, she deserved the truth. That part stunned him actually. Not once in his life did he ever remember thinking that somebody deserved the truth. Not the whole truth anyway.

“I’m waiting.” Chloe growled at him. She tensed as he moved across the room and gingerly took the photo from her fingertips. She looked frightened.

“Look, Chloe. For the longest time we have butted heads and clashed wills and wits.” Looking at the picture he walked across the room slowly, searching for the words to say. “It took me awhile, but I actually came to enjoy our little verbal matches.” He looked at her with a smirk. “You keep me on my feet.” Leveling a look at her he added, “And if I’m not mistaken you enjoy them too.”

Chloe furrowed her eyebrows and seemed ready to shoot back a denial but then she shut her mouth and looked at her hands. Lex took her silence as agreement and kept talking. "I came to appreciate you in a way that was most surprising to me.”

At this point Chloe squinted her eyes a little and held up her hands. “Whoa, wait a minute here-time out&#33; What is it you are saying Lex? Plain English please. Why do you have a picture of me on your desk?”

Lex dropped his hands to his sides and then looked back up at her. He wanted to be straight forward with her and just lay it all out but the words sounded so crazy in his head, he could only imagine how she would hear them. Her eyebrows rose as the silence extended. “Chloe, I know this sounds ridiculous,” he moved across the room and stood inches from her, “but I need you to know something.”

Chloe backed up against the desk and sat down, her eyes were wide with fear and she was truly trembling a little now. “Wha-?” She brushed the hair out of her eyes with a nervous flick of her hand. “What?” She tried to make the last one more assertive, but Lex heard the tremor in her voice.

Lex took another step forward. “Chloe-as ridiculous as this sounds, I have come to the realization that I am deeply in love with you.” Her eyes got wider and she looked stunned as he continued. “I love the way you think, your curious hungry mind, I love the wit-even if it is usually lashing out at me to inflict pain. I love your heart, always looking for the truth-I’m not sure anyone else appreciates these things about you like I do.”

He brushed her hair back from her face and felt her trembling as she looked at him with wide confused eyes. “I love your smile.” He smiled at her. “When you grace me with it, it’s as if the sun just broke through after forty days of storms. I love the way you say what you mean and you always mean that&#39;s always something that is about honesty and truth.”

Holding her hair back from her face he closed his eyes and a small tear freed itself and rolled down his cheek. He opened them back up and looked at her again. “What I’m trying to say is that I love you Chloe Sullivan.”

Chloe sat there in shocked silence for a minute before clearing her throat and managing to get out a “Well…” She wouldn’t meet Lex’s gaze any more and it seemed like an outburst was coming to the surface. “Well, I guess you think that makes it ok to SPY on people&#33;” She snatched the photo from him. “Did you hire one of your goons to track me? What is this some kind of sick and twisted game to you? You know what I call it? ‘Stalking’ is the word that comes to mind&#33;” She ripped the photo in two and threw it angrily into his face, then headed for the study door. Lex did nothing to stop her.

“I don’t want to see you or any of your paid help spying into my life. I am not a piece of entertainment for you to get your amusement from&#33; And I will NEVER be one of your bimbos&#33;&#33;&#33;” She threw the door open and it smacked the paneled wall with a crash. With that she stormed out of the room and down the hall.

Lex sighed and fished his cell phone out of his pocket. Dialing a number he wiped the tear out of his eye and thought to himself that maybe this wasn’t such a great idea. “Johnson,” he said to the butler, “Miss Chloe Sullivan will be coming up and looking for her car keys. Please make sure she does NOT find them right away.” Knowing that this would only buy him a few minutes he headed out the door after her.

scifichick774
10th October 2003, 15:26
Wow. Okay, I actually liked Chloe&#39;s reaction. That seemed much more plausible to me than her going off about how she secretly loves him too. More soon please.

vardaquareien
10th October 2003, 15:29
*sigh* Oh that was so sweet&#33; :wub: If he&#39;d talked to me like that I would have been a big goey puddle at his feet&#33; I can&#39;t believe that she got pissed off with him&#33;...well actually I can, it was pretty in character&#33; I just - well let&#39;s just say that I now consider her mentally unbalanced ok?

tigerbaby
10th October 2003, 16:10
I can understand Chloe&#39;s reaction. I mean there was no indication before and look at the brainless brunette&#39;s he&#39;s been associated with and then there&#39;s Lana, I can see why she lashed out at him. She probably thought it was one sick cruel joke.

Blaire023
10th October 2003, 16:35
But he was so sweet. And the manly tears. I mean, they were manly tears right? Awwww, I love the manly tears.

~B

asharnanae
10th October 2003, 18:22
:ohmy: uh&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; how could chloe trample lexs heart like that&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

great update&#33;&#33; keep it comeing&#33; :worship2:

hfce
10th October 2003, 18:57
Chloe you need to calm down. Sheesh I can understand her saying no its not true and then running out but good Lord that was cruel.

Hope :tease:

kirt30
10th October 2003, 21:57
oh come on you can&#39;t leave it ike that

sabby
10th October 2003, 22:56
Ok mind&#39;s a bit warped now what with the Lex crying...

but what with the hug between Lionel and Lex that actually made me touch the ground to see if hell had frozen over, I think that one tear is within the realm of possible.

Oh and I loved how she blew up at him. Great scene, got her temper perfectly&#33; Loved every bit of this part and can&#39;t wait for the next.

And put a little warning before the next major Clana scene, even though you&#39;ve already warned in advance. Oh and I love the subtext of Pete having a crush on Chloe there in the part before this one.

Yeah I think I&#39;m done now and oh yeah.. off to read your short story now

hugs,
Sabby

petriebird18
11th October 2003, 00:34
damnit Chloe&#33; Don&#39;t run from Lex&#33; JUMP ON Lex&#33; :biggrin: ;)
Ok, you HAVE TO write more, like NOW&#33;
~Deidre~
:chlexsign3:

Tandy
11th October 2003, 01:20
Okay, this is the first time i&#39;ve said this.... CHLOE NEEDS TO BE SMAKED&#33;
My poor Lexy his heart on his sleeve and all... :crygreen: Please make it b etter. Wonderful fic. :biggrin:

happy bunny
11th October 2003, 04:34
Aww poor Lex. Though Chloe&#39;s reaction was stupid *smacks Chloe on the back of the head*, I can totally see her doing that. Personally, I would have jumped him. But hey, that&#39;s just me.

Can&#39;t wait to see what Lex does next.

11th October 2003, 09:47
You go Chloe, make Lex work for your love. :biggrin:

:yay: Come on update :yay:

*Pauses*

:ohmy: I need to do mine.

-JJ

celticangel
11th October 2003, 12:07
Great story&#33;&#33; Can&#39;t wait for the next part. :worship2:

Brittany
11th October 2003, 13:19
:ohmy: She could have been alittle nicer to him, after all he was crying. Anyway great chapter can&#39;t wait for the next&#33; :biggrin:

Logan
11th October 2003, 19:41
A/N: Ok, hopefully this helps explain why Chloe acted that way. Maybe it will spare her a smack in the face too&#33; LOL

Running down the hallway as fast as her feet would carry her, Chloe felt a lump in her throat that made it hard to breathe. Seeing a large bathroom off the hall she ducked into it and shut the door, trying to draw deep breaths and collect herself. Her head was spinning and she felt a little faint.

“Ok, WHAT was that?” She fanned herself with an open hand as she walked briskly back and forth in the large bathroom. “That did NOT happen.” She stopped. He had to have been pulling her leg. That had to be it&#33; Or maybe he wants to use me for his pleasures and throw me away like all the other bimbos in his life&#33; She clenched her fists at her side and said, “Well that is never going to happen&#33;” But there were tears in his eyes... She was not going to let herself be fooled by his little act.

Looking in the mirror she was surprised to see tears in her own eyes. I can’t believe I let him get to me&#33; She was genuinely angry with herself, and raised a shaky hand to wipe away the tears. “Ok, get it together Chloe.” She took another deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror for a minute.

Those things he had said to her-wow&#33; Chloe was not much of a typical starry-eyed romantic, but those words had reached down into her chest and squeezed her heart. She blinked her eyes disbelievingly and shook her head. “Ok.” She said to her reflection, “I have to get out of here now.” There was no way she was going to believe there was even an ounce of sincerity in what he said. No way.

She opened the door and peeked out into the hallway. The coast was clear so she slid out of the large bathroom and made her way to the front of the mansion to get her car keys and make her escape. The lump was still in her throat, her heart was still pounding and a tear still knocked on the door of her eye, but she felt like she had everything in control now with her anger. She found that anger could keep a dozen emotions in check if it was strong enough-and in this case it was&#33;

Reaching the grand entry room to the mansion, Chloe bee lined over to the butler immediately. He was standing there with his perfect posture and he seemed to snivel a little when he saw her approach. Sniffing back at him, Chloe said, “My keys please Benson. Chloe Sullivan.”

“It’s Johnson.” He replied dryly, ignoring the snide reference to the old television show. He turned to the key rack and scanned it with his index finger. Coming to the end he stopped and went through them again. Nothing. “I don’t have keys for a Chloe Sullivan.” He finally said most unapologetically.

Anger opened the door for the tear and Chloe exclaimed, “I can’t believe this&#33;” She pushed the lanky butler aside and looked through the keys herself. Nothing. She was shaking with a variety of emotions and felt like she might sick up. Searching her own limited built in pockets produced nothing as well and she beat her thighs in frustration. I must have left them in the ballroom. Maybe they fell out when I was groveling…

She liked the thought of staying at the Luthor mansion even less than she liked the idea of having to go look for her keys in the ballroom. Sighing and gathering a deep breath she turned and headed back down toward the ballroom.

What she didn’t see behind her back was the butler smiling in an obviously pleased with himself manner.

asharnanae
11th October 2003, 21:26
:biggrin: lovely update&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; brilliant&#33;

hfce
11th October 2003, 23:10
It was good but Chloe still needs a smackdown. :lol:

scifichick774
12th October 2003, 00:56
Uh, I may be in the minority here, but I actually think Chloe&#39;s reaction is an in-character one. She&#39;s been hurt so many times - and to have someone like Lex say out of nowhere that he&#39;s in love with her - it would seem a little fishy.

That said, I&#39;m looking forward to more.

tigerbaby
12th October 2003, 01:34
Originally posted by scifichick774@Oct 11 2003, 06:56 PM
Uh, I may be in the minority here, but I actually think Chloe&#39;s reaction is an in-character one. She&#39;s been hurt so many times - and to have someone like Lex say out of nowhere that he&#39;s in love with her - it would seem a little fishy.

That said, I&#39;m looking forward to more.
You&#39;re not alone here Kris. I agree with your assessment. She has been hurt and by the very people who claim to be her friends so you can&#39;t really blame her for lashing out at someone who is little better than an acquaintance.

I&#39;m looking forward to how Lex is going to convince her that he is serious.

Calliope
12th October 2003, 02:51
Silly Lex. He needs to show Chloe that he loves her. :wub:

Poor Chloe. Lex, who&#39;s barely more than an acquaintance, delares his love for her. I&#39;d be running, too.

You need to woo her, Lex. So, go. Woo&#33; Woo&#33;

happy bunny
12th October 2003, 04:48

I can understand completely why she would have reacted that way, I&#39;m just saying I would have jumped him. *shrugs* Anyhoo, loved the update, can&#39;t wait to see how Lex makes everything better.

vardaquareien
12th October 2003, 09:44
Originally posted by happy bunny@Oct 12 2003, 12:48 PM
I can understand completely why she would have reacted that way, I&#39;m just saying I would have jumped him. *shrugs* Anyhoo, loved the update, can&#39;t wait to see how Lex makes everything better.
DITTO&#33;&#33;&#33; My point exactly&#33;&#33;&#33;

kirt30
12th October 2003, 17:04
oh it&#39;s getting intresting

sabby
12th October 2003, 18:49
Heh, gotta love a sneaky butler *g* Lovely&#33; I loved Chloe&#39;s rant in the bathroom, it&#39;s so like her. And I can&#39;t wait to see what happens when she comes back to the ballroom. I can just see Lex trying to find her and both of them missing each other by margins every time they walk into and out of a room *snickers* Update soon, you know I love this story.

hugs,
Sabby

Tandy
13th October 2003, 01:12
Okay, i don&#39;t wanto slap cloe anymore. :biggrin: Poor her...

This is a wonderful fic, please update as soon as you can.

tandy

Brittany
14th October 2003, 07:00
:biggrin: Glad to see Chloe does feel something for Lex and cares about his feelings. Can&#39;t wait to see what happens next, so don&#39;t make me wait long&#33;

Sab_Luthor
14th October 2003, 10:40
oh please :worship2: :worship2: for god&#39;s sake please :worship2: :worship2:
update update soon
i can&#39;t stand without one of your great update please :worship2: :crygreen: :crygreen:

Logan
14th October 2003, 13:38
*WARNING* Gagworthy Clana part is next. I believe it is the last one of the story-though there might be one more. I won&#39;t apologize for it though...just to say that this is necessary or I wouldn&#39;t put you through it. Thank you for not breaking my kneecaps. :biggrin:

Thank you: Sab_Luthor, Brittany, Tandy, sabby, kirt30, vardaquareien, happy bunny, tigerbaby, Calliope, scifichick774-and everyone else who is reading this. I love the reviews and just hope I don&#39;t disappoint you.

Well, on with the Clana...

The music in the ballroom turned somber and slow, the lights dimming to a romantic shade and couples around the room instinctively came together for the first slow intimate dance of the night. Clark looked at Lana awkwardly and smiled. She looked down at her feet, the princess crown on her head glittering magnificently, and then back up at him. She was biting her lower lip shyly.

Mustering his courage he moved in closer to her and said, “Can I have this dance?” She nodded and they came together, moving as one to the beautiful slow melody. Her sweet fragrance enveloped him and threatened to carry him off to oblivion, but he somehow managed to hold the locked gaze with her wordlessly through the entire song. He thought it was ironic that he had all these powers and was all but invincible, but one look from her, one touch would bring him to his knees as powerless as a babe. Silently he prayed that he could capture this moment and keep it forever as something he could freely come back and visit anytime he desired. The only problem with that is that he might choose to live in this moment for the rest of eternity.

Mercifully the first song went on for quite some time, and stretched into a second slow dancing song. Lana eventually rested her head on Clark’s shoulder and he closed his eyes, drinking in the smell of her and thoroughly enjoying the feel of her warmth against him. She looked at him suddenly with a sparkle in her eyes. “This outfit is so befitting you Clark.” She leaned back a little to get a glimpse of his knightly garb, but still remained attached to him. That serpent, or dragon on the front,” she traced the golden “S” on his chest with her finger, “it just seems so right on you.”

He gave her a charming smile, “You aren’t calling me a snake are you?” He prayed another prayer that there would be a third song as the second ended. There was.

Lana smiled at him and moved in closer again so she didn’t have to bend backwards so much. “No. I just mean that you look so noble,” she said to him, “so knightly. I have no trouble imagining you championing the cause of good and protecting people. I could see you as a knight in that period, Clark.”

Looking deeply into her eyes he said, “And I have no trouble imagining you as a princess.” She smiled and seemed about to laugh, but his serious expression made her catch herself. Realizing he was serious she just stared at him. An invisible magnetism was at play between them and without conscious thought they found themselves being drawn closer and closer until their faces were inches apart. Clark closed his eyes and the next thing he knew their lips were grazing in a soft gentle kiss.

It was then that Chloe entered the room, and the first thing that she saw was Clark and Lana alone on the dance floor sharing a deeply intimate moment. The sight didn’t bother her like she thought it would, but in the state she was in it didn’t take much to unlock the floodgates. Tears streamed down her face and she turned her back in the open door to hide her face.

Not able to control or hide her emotions anymore she ran back down the hallway, not knowing where she was going, but knowing that she did not want to be seen like this. Tears flowed steadily down her face and she felt a release coming with the tears. Finding a dark room near the end of the hall she ducked into it and fell to her knees letting the wracking sobs overcome her and in an odd way savoring the release that it brought about.

Sab_Luthor
14th October 2003, 13:52
umm ok is this a clana fic
coz i&#39;m confused i don&#39;t understand
I.WANT.A.CHLEX.PART.A.BIG.ONE.AND.DON&#39;T.LET.CLANA. INTERFER
OK
I DON4T CARE ABOUT THE CLANA THING ALL I WANT IS LEX AND CHLMOE TOGETHER
SO PLEASE GIVE ME THAT
PLEASE
OH AND BY THE WAY YOUR FIC IS ALSO GREAT IS JUST THE LANA THING THAT I DISLIKE

Logan
14th October 2003, 13:57
Now I told you this is necessary to the story. The whole purpose of this is the Chlex that is coming up. :tease:

Seriously though-I wrote this awhile back and to remove the Clana from it would make gaping holes in the plot. I do make this promise. Never will you have to endure this much Clana from me in future stories. ;)

tigerbaby
14th October 2003, 14:43
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 14 2003, 07:57 AM
I do make this promise. Never will you have to endure this much Clana from me in future stories. ;)
I certainly hope so or else we&#39;re going to have to rethink breaking those kneecaps and other vital body parts ;)

Now go hurry up with the Chlex.

hfce
14th October 2003, 15:45
Logan I already gave you this :hammer: and this :tease: and broke your knee caps . Please dont make me brake your ankles. NO MORE CLANA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Ok I hope I made myself clear. ;)

Hope :tease:

Sab_Luthor
14th October 2003, 17:01
i hope so for your own sake
NO MORE CLANA

celticangel
14th October 2003, 20:04
Good part. But I can&#39;t wait for the Chlex. :chlexsign3: Update soon&#33; :yay:

scifichick774
14th October 2003, 21:10
Okay - gag to the Clana - but I understand where you&#39;re coming from. You don&#39;t want to leave holes in your story and that&#39;s cool. Just make sure your next one has more Chlex. ;)

jaded-swan
14th October 2003, 22:08
HATE CLANA&#33; Chloe is distraught enough already with lex&#39;s sudden speech she so didn&#39;t need to see the two idiots togther... or do she? hmm...

kirt30
14th October 2003, 22:24
nice update can&#39;t wait for the chlex

asharnanae
15th October 2003, 00:40
:blush: thanks for the gag warning&#33;&#33;&#33; but good update, keep it comeing&#33; :yay:

sabby
15th October 2003, 01:39
Ok I breathed through the Clana junk and well it was worth it. The last part was truly amazing and a good explanation for her reaction. She&#39;s not really destroyed over the whole Clark and Lana thing, it&#39;s just the last drop so to speak. I can&#39;t wait for the next update. This story is great&#33; But I wonder, what the heck is Lex doing all this time, where is he?

hugs,
Sabby

happy bunny
15th October 2003, 01:42
great job with this, I could even bear the clana knowing that eventually there&#39;ll be chlex. Just don&#39;t make me wait long for it. Post it soon. *really* soon. Like now.

15th October 2003, 05:37
Women :devil:

J/K girls, I may add this to my favs Ed, :yay: Keep postin. :yay:

-JJ

buffiy18
15th October 2003, 06:11
I agree the Clana is a bit sickening :puke: . But that&#39;s ok the story is very good so you are fogiven... please give us a longer part next time... with Chlex.

Logan
15th October 2003, 14:13
Lex had been wandering the halls for nearly ten minutes in search of Chloe. He had no idea what he was going to do or say to make things right, but he just couldn’t allow it to hang in such a precarious manner. Even if she hates me, that’s still some kind of resolution… Though he hoped that wasn’t the case, he sure did see fury in her eyes when he had opened his heart to her. Maybe this was a very bad idea after all.

His butler, Johnson, had reported to him about the recent encounter with the keys. Lex really had to do something about that man’s attitude. Something about the way he kept calling him “Your Majesty” went way beyond trying to stay in character for the party. There was a cynical sarcasm about him, an air that was just subtle enough to almost be missed. Almost. But Lex didn’t have the time to worry about the man right now.

On his third trip around the mansion he decided it might be better to just go look on the monitors in the security room. From there he would be able to view the entire mansion at once. He made up his mind to do just that and turned to head off. As he passed a darkened doorway he stopped, hearing quiet sobs coming from within.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe heard the footsteps in the hall and tried to quiet herself. She frantically wiped away the tears as she heard them come closer to the door. A soft knock opened the door a crack and she heard Lex call out, “Chloe? Are you in here?” She fought the urge to shout “NO&#33;” and just sat there in the dark holding her breath and hoping he would not turn on the light and see her red-rimmed tear stained eyes. He would probably just laugh at me and use it against me in his big game anyway.

He stayed there in the doorway for a minute; obviously knowing she was in there. “Look, Chloe. I’m sorry I came off so strong. I just have been holding these feelings in for so long.” He laughed softly to himself. “I haven’t shared this with anyone.”

She couldn’t take it. Getting to her feet she walked over to the door and threw it open. Glaring with red eyes into his face she spoke without thinking. “Who are you going to tell anyway? Your ‘Paid for Friends’ in there?” Immediately she wished she could have taken them back. The look on his face stabbed at her.

It wasn’t anger that he shot back at her. That would have been much preferred. No, he stared at her silently for a minute with that barely disguised hurt look and then down at his feet. “I suppose you’re right.” He said to his shoes. Chloe felt sick at herself.

“Lex, I…” she began apologetically but he cut her off.

“No. Don’t.” he looked at her with a half smile. He looked down again and hid his face with one hand. He was shaking a little and Chloe thought it was with tears.

“Lex-” she put a hand on his arm. “I am so sorry. My mouth works on its own sometimes.” She sighed. “I guess I have been a little overwhelmed tonight.” She really wasn&#39;t this hateful all the time-was she?

He removed his hand from his face and she was shocked to see that he was not crying but was actually laughing. “Chloe&#33;” He said, beaming at her. “Don’t you see? This is part of what I love about you&#33; You speak your mind to me. Do you know how many people do that?” He answered the question himself. “Not many.”

Looking back over his shoulder he added, “Those ‘paid for friends’ sure don’t. Everyone wants to curry for a favor from the rich kid. It&#39;s been that way all my life, and I trust nobody because of it.” He looked back at her with a warm and genuine smile. “Nobody is honest with me except you.” He looked her deeply in the eye and added, “You could make an honest man out of me Chloe Sullivan.”

A/N: Honest man...yeah right Lex&#33; We all know what you will become.

Well the worst of the Clana is over. Maybe one more scene but nothing as disgusting as the last one. Thank you all for enduring it&#33; :blinkkiss:

vardaquareien
15th October 2003, 14:15
Originally posted by scifichick774@Oct 15 2003, 05:10 AM
Okay - gag to the Clana - but I understand where you&#39;re coming from. You don&#39;t want to leave holes in your story and that&#39;s cool. Just make sure your next one has more Chlex. ;)
DITTO to what Kris said. I hope you&#39;re not offended but I had to skim through the Clana, I&#39;m sorry I just didn&#39;t want to ruin my keyboard by throwing up all over it&#33; :biggrin: I fully understand that sometimes unpleasant things like Clana are essential plot devices but lets just say that I&#39;m ecstatic that it&#39;ll be the last for awhile&#33;

I luved the Chloe part at the end though. It was really well written and showed her emotions well. I hope Lex find&#39;s her while she&#39;s sobbing her heart out. Sexy Lexy can fix anything :blinkkiss:

tigerbaby
15th October 2003, 14:47
Oh thank god, although I&#39;m one to talk. I&#39;m going have to take back all the hurtful things I said to you Logan, you&#39;ll find out soon enough why.

Can I just say that I love where Lex gets his paid help from. hee hee.

Béatrice
15th October 2003, 14:58
I want more&#33; I want more&#33; I want more&#33;

Update please&#33; :biggrin:

hfce
15th October 2003, 14:58
Now that was a great update. And for the first time I didnt have to throw up all over my keyboard. So thanks for that Logan.

Hope ;)

sabby
16th October 2003, 00:37
Again a lovely update. Gotta love the chlex. And can&#39;t we live in denial about the whole Lex going bad thing? Pretty please? Except of course if Chloe is right there with him being bad *g* but I digress..

Love the story, now gimme the next chapter&#33; I know you have it. Give&#33;

hugs,
Sabby

scifichick774
16th October 2003, 00:45
:chlexsign2: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2:

And I really don&#39;t care if Lex is a good guy - I like him bad - as long as he&#39;s not bad to Chloe. That&#39;s what matters.

Tandy
16th October 2003, 02:34
Amazing&#33; Amazing&#33; Amazing&#33; Great job&#33; I please continue as soon as you can&#33; Love the story.

Tandy :blinkkiss:

happy bunny
16th October 2003, 02:48
Nice update&#33; This is getting really good&#33; Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;

16th October 2003, 03:32
Originally posted by scifichick774@Oct 15 2003, 03:45 PM
:chlexsign2: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2:

And I really don&#39;t care if Lex is a good guy - I like him bad - as long as he&#39;s not bad to Chloe. That&#39;s what matters.
I agree :biggrin:

Whenever I watch a tv show or film, my favs are usually the villians. They never win, but they still need support.

:chlexsign2: We need another update Ed, come on, show it. :yay: :yay:

-JJ

Logan
16th October 2003, 05:27
After the dance Clark looked at Lana and asked her if she wanted a drink. She nodded and they moved to the edge of the dance floor together. “Have you seen Chloe?” Lana asked, looking around.

Clark shook his head, “Not since that-not since she got here.” He caught himself before saying “that scene”. In truth he had looked around to make sure she wasn’t looking before dancing with Lana. He didn’t want to take the chance of hurting her, though he was sure all that was behind them.

Pete was still standing next to the punch table looking miserable. Clark said as he reluctantly let go of her hand and they stepped off the dance floor, “I’ll go see if Pete knows anything.” He looked at her, hesitating for a moment. Though he wanted to spend more alone time with her, he really needed to talk to Pete in private. Lana just smiled at him. “I’ll meet up with you in a minute, Clark” He watched her seemingly float across the room and smiled. This was a very special night for him.

At the punch bowl he was greeted by Pete’s sour face. He felt a little bad that Pete was here alone, and conflicted about the fact that he had invited his friend, but had spent so much time with Lana. “Hey Pete.” He said, grabbing a cup of punch. “So how is it being the personal servant to a beautiful princess?”

Pete looked at him and smiled. “She sure looks good, huh Clark?” He downed the rest of his punch and looked over his shoulder. “Man, Chloe is acting pretty weird.” He leaned in to Clark for a more hush-hush piece, “You think she might have gotten that bug again-she’s acting pretty…I don’t know-weird.” Pete seemed to be having trouble finding the words.

Nodding his head, Clark said, “We could go look for her together.” He grinned at his friend. “You look like you are bored out of your mind here.” With wide eyes, Pete nodded and exclaimed, “You can say that again&#33;”

Chloe just stared at him, gathering her strength for her response. “Lex Luthor&#33; If you don’t stop playing these games with me I’ll-“ She didn’t finish her sentence. Lex had grabbed her and planted a hard but passionate kiss on her lips. Tensing she found it hard to resist and just yielded to the feel of his lips on hers.

When he finally released her she felt her knees buckle slightly and with that came another surge of anger. How dare he manhandle me like that&#33; She slapped him in the face and then before he could react grabbed him and planted an even harder and more passionate kiss on his lips. He staggered back a little, but gathered her in closer to him as their passion heated the entire hallway and seemed to be boiling through the very roof of the mansion.

It went on for a long time, and when she pulled away they both just stared at each other through passion-filmed eyes. What if he does love me? She still could not get her mind around the fact that this man could love anyone-let alone her.

Realizing what she had just done she smiled at him and then blushed crimson. “Don’t you think that this means I’ve fallen into your trap.” She said wagging a finger at him, “I will never be one of your bimbos&#33;”

Wiping the perspiration from under his wig with a purple cloth he asked, “Well what does it mean?”

Still blushing she said, “Well it just means that maybe I’m beginning to trust you&#39;re not playing a cruel and sadistic heart game with me.”

Lex put his hands on her hips and looked her in the eye. “Here’s to beginnings.” He leaned in for a softer, more tender and loving kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss-though her heart still trembled with fear.

tigerbaby
16th October 2003, 05:39
WOOT&#33; Finally some real Chlex action.

I liked the fact that even after he kissed her she didn&#39;t believe him. :lol:

That last line was really true to how you&#39;ve painted her here too. I mean, she&#39;s just about to believe him, but there will still be that lingering doubt. Here&#39;s to hoping that Lex isn&#39;t that big of a bumbling ass that he screws it up and hopefully Clark and Pete stay out of the way long enough that we get a little more action going.

And I realize it&#39;s a little late, but is it just me or is there more to the fact that Pete came as Lana&#39;s servant? If he agreed to go with Clark, you&#39;d think they would have come together and Pete would have been just as knightly but a lackey? Just what the hell are you up to hmm?

16th October 2003, 06:46
Ah the good old kiss, slap, kiss, that never gets old. :lol:

Glad Chloe still has her doubts, and please, I hope Lex and Chloe get out of the damn hallway. :devil: Clark and Pete bloody hell can&#39;t ruin are Chlex.

-JJ

buffiy18
16th October 2003, 08:04
:yay2: :chlexsign1: :yay2: :chlexsign1: :yay2: :chlexsign1:
Yes... finally some Chlex&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You are a wonderful writer. This story keeps getting better and better. I feel bad for Pete though... I know he doesn&#39;t like the Luthors, but he could at least found a cuttie at the party to dance with.

Thanks for the short but frequent updates... you know how to feed our addiction. :chlexsign3:

Sab_Luthor
16th October 2003, 09:49
:wub: :wub: awww they are so cute :wub: :wub:
at least a good chap chlex like i adore them
you are nice thanks for this chap but don&#39;t think you can do a clan chap after that
don&#39;t dare do that

:chlexsign3: :chlexsign4: :chlexsign3:

hfce
16th October 2003, 15:51
Finally some Chlex interaction. I am glad they at least kissed. :clap:

Hope ;)

vardaquareien
16th October 2003, 17:21
Whoohooo Two updates and they&#39;re both Chlexy&#33; :yay3: I luved Chloe&#39;s reaction to him kissing her - slapping him coz damnit she&#39;s not gonna let him f*ck with her and then kissing him back coz damnit she&#39;s female and he&#39;s sexy Lexy&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

Originally posted by buffiy18@Oct 16 2003, 04:04 PM
I feel bad for Pete though... I know he doesn&#39;t like the Luthors, but he could at least found a cuttie at the party to dance with.
Yeah I agree with this&#33; Poor Pete he&#39;s doomed to being a sidekick. I hope you&#39;ve got more in store for him&#33;

Can&#39;t wait for more&#33;

scifichick774
16th October 2003, 21:00
Yay Chlex&#33;

And for once, Clark&#39;s not a complete moron. I think I&#39;m in shock.

Logan
17th October 2003, 04:45
“Hey Clark&#33;” Pete whispered fiercely over his shoulder. He looked back down the hall to make sure he hadn’t been overheard.

Giving one last look down the opposite hall Clark sidled up next to his friend and said a little too loudly “What’s up?” Pete threw his hand over Clark’s mouth and shushed him.
Nodding down the hallway with a flick of his eyes, he removed his hand.

“What do you make of that?” Clark followed his gaze down the hall and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. Near the end of the hallway, locked in a feverishly passionate kiss, stood Lex and Chloe. The two friends stared disbelievingly, then back at each other. “I was ready to jack that Luthor kid up for harassing her, but you should have seen her attack him.”

Clark only raised his eyebrows at Pete in shock.

Chloe pulled away slowly and reluctantly. Something about this felt so powerful that it terrorized her soul. Slowly opening her eyes she took a deep breath and smiled at him. This time she didn’t pull completely away, but kept her arms draped around his neck. A thought suddenly occurred to her. “What did you mean earlier when you said that my costume didn’t fool you?”

Looking at the tattered rags hanging from her Lex gave her one of his secretive smiles and just said. “Follow me.” He grabbed her hand and started walking down the hall with her.”

Chloe giggled to herself a little. The kiss had actually made her a little light headed. Trailing along in tow of Lex she couldn’t hide her giggle, and he actually looked back over his shoulder at her. I can’t believe I’m acting like such a little girl&#33; The thought only spurred on a whole new batch of the giggles and she just walked behind Lex, giggling and cursing herself.

Finally coming to their destination, Lex swept her into a room and switched on a light. Rounding her about to him he said, “These rags don’t fit you. You can’t hide what you are.”

Confused and still fighting the giggles Chloe was piqued. “And just what am I, Lex?”

He smiled. “I was hoping you would ask.” Spinning her around he kept his hands on her shoulders as her jaw dropped at what was before her eyes. The laughter had stopped, and so had her breathing.

There before her on a mannequin was the most beautiful dress she had ever laid eyes on. Purples and scarlets swathed the frilly royal looking dress enough to rival even the royal colors of Lex’s kingly garb. Then, noticing the bejeweled crown on the top of it, gravity reached up and almost overcame her.

Lex held her tight and leaned down to speak softly into her ear. “This reflects how I see you much better.” Chloe finally took a breath and felt another wash of tears welling up. This time with joy.

I&#39;m glad everyone liked it. this story is almost done...though there is a part two that is well underway. Thank you all for reading it. It was my first fanfic.

One part left after this one.

tigerbaby
17th October 2003, 04:50
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 16 2003, 10:45 PM
“I was ready to jack that Luthor kid up for harassing her, but you should have seen her attack him.”

OMG I just so love Pete. When you&#39;re done with him, can I have him??

The ending was really sweet there. That outfit is going to make her outshine, outclass, Blinky. Loved it.

buffiy18
17th October 2003, 05:10
:wub: This was sooooooooooooo sweet. :wub: Pete is the best friend ever... always looking out for Chole. And Lex... this ties in the "queen" comment he thought when Chloe was groveling at his feet earlier perfectly.

hfce
17th October 2003, 06:00
Awww that was so sweet of Lex. I loved it. :wub:

Hope :wub:

17th October 2003, 06:19
All hail Smallville&#39;s King and Queen, soon to be, DA WORLD&#33; :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign2:

Only one update left huh, intrigueing.

-JJ

vardaquareien
17th October 2003, 14:43
Oh Pete&#33; What a legend&#33;&#33;&#33; I found it quite amusing that he referred to Lex as "that Luthor kid" :hehe: just the idea of little Petey calling sexy Lexy, the all powerful Luthor, a "kid" has me in hysterics&#33;&#33;&#33;

Loved the idea behind the Queen costume, it&#39;s really sweet&#33; :wub:
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Oct 17 2003, 12:50 PM
That outfit is going to make her outshine, outclass, Blinky. Loved it. It doesn&#39;t take much for our intrepid reporter to outshine the princess, but I totaly agree&#33; Whoohoo&#33; Blana may always be the fairy princess, but our Chloe will always be a Queen, with her sexy King by her side&#33;

*pouts* I can&#39;t believe this is nearly over already&#33; I&#39;m so happy that you&#39;re writing a sequal, I can&#39;t wait for it&#33;

scifichick774
17th October 2003, 15:14
Heh. Love that Lex already had Chloe&#39;s real costume picked out for her - like he knew that she was going to pull some sort of stunt like she did. Wonderful. And Pete&#39;s reaction to them kissing? Priceless.

Béatrice
17th October 2003, 16:27
Being the princess is good.
But being the queen (of Lex) is the best.

I want more please&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
17th October 2003, 17:03
i loved it i love it and i will always love it
oh and by the way i love you too
it&#39;s a wonderfull part
all chlexy goody like i love thanks
i wish in the last part there is no trace of clana

Logan
18th October 2003, 00:03
A/N: Ok, this is the final part...kinda short, but I hope you all like it.

Some time later in front of the ballroom doors, Chloe stayed Lex’s hand before he could open the door. She looked stunning to Lex in the dress, the jewels in the crown glittering imperially. It suited her perfectly. She had the heart and fire of a queen in her soul. Lex just smiled into her eyes, raised his eyebrows and let the unspoken question remain silent.

Chloe kept her white gloved hand on his and just looked at him. She looks so regal. “I have made quite the fool of myself tonight.” She looked at the shut door as if she didn’t want to go in there and face anyone.

Lex looked at the door himself and then back at her. “You don’t need to answer to anyone.” He said to her. Giving her a reassuring look he reached for the door again. This time she didn’t stop him.

They walked in together, king and queen, strolling past the questioning looks on their peers faces straight to the dance floor. The room was quiet and the dance floor was all theirs. Lex looked over in the direction of the live band and nodded. With that cue, the lights dimmed until the faces on the edges of the dance floor were shadowy and blurred, and the orchestra began with the song that he had planned out.

Chloe looked around. “It’s almost like you had all of this planned Lex Luthor.” She giggled despite herself as he held his arms open in invitation to dance, and then giving him a playfully rueful grin accepted the invite.

Gliding across the floor together, they moved to the music in silence, and Lex noticed that she didn’t take her eyes off of his the whole time, and never stopped smiling. Leaning in close to him she said “So-what, you thought of me as more of a queen than a beggar?” Somehow by the way she asked that question she was simultaneously reading and belittling his thoughts.

He smirked at her as they continued their dance. “Or maybe just that you can be a ROYAL pain in the a-”

She cut him off with softened glance and a gloved hand to his lips. “Maybe we can do without any more of the battle tonight.” She removed her hand and quickly pecked a kiss on his lips before he could respond.

Pulling her closer to him he smirked one more time and said. “Maybe we can.”

*THE END*
~?

tigerbaby
18th October 2003, 00:11
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 17 2003, 06:03 PM
*THE END*
~?
Does this mean you are thinking of a sequel??

Never, never admit to a sequel in writing, you have no idea what you are letting yourself in for. :lol:

It was a great chapter Ed and really sweet. Although what would have been great would have been some Lana-envy. You know, jaw dropping to floor, mouth agape at the beauty that is Chloe? You know stuff like that.

Summer
18th October 2003, 03:24
awww that was so sweet i loved it I&#39;m sad to see it end. great work.

summer

18th October 2003, 05:40
Good ending to a great story. :yay: :yay: :yay:

A sequel will absolutely be appreciated. :biggrin:

-JJ

hfce
18th October 2003, 07:07
Aww that was so sweet :tongue: I loved the ending. Good job :clap:

jaded-swan
18th October 2003, 07:41
Sigh... a wonderful fairytale... Chlex style... perfect&#33; :chlexsign3: :wub:

Sab_Luthor
18th October 2003, 10:10
i looved it :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
it was wonderfull
just wonderfull :yay: :yay:
like jaded-swan said it&#39;s a chlex style fairytale
thanks for the great story
can you do another like that but with less clana if it&#39;s possible

Tandy
18th October 2003, 11:18
*sigh* So sweet&#33; Wonderful job&#33;

gina
18th October 2003, 12:35
I loved this story, it was so sweet. Excellent job&#33;

I hope you decide to write a sequel :biggrin:

scifichick774
18th October 2003, 14:40
Aww - what a sweet, mushy ending. Great job&#33;

sabby
18th October 2003, 17:46
“Or maybe just that you can be a ROYAL pain in the a-”

This saved it from falling too far into the mush pit *g*

Loved the story, and I&#39;ll hold you to what you quasi promised me for the sequel *G*

hugs,
Sabby

JadeKitten
21st October 2003, 17:05
Awesome story&#33; Definitely too much Clana, but you made up for it in the end with the juicy Chlex. Can&#39;t wait for more fics from you...(hint, hint)

~Crystal

lexpixie
21st October 2003, 23:34
:chlexsign2: this was a great story&#33; i think there should be a sequal or something :o)

happy bunny
22nd October 2003, 05:19
What an adorable ending. :wub: Though I have to agree with Aimee, some blana-envy would have been nice.

Loved this story. Can&#39;t wait to see more by you, not to mention the sequel to this. :biggrin:

Logan
24th October 2003, 22:28
I had already begun to post the sequel on another site...many months ago-but after last week&#39;s episode...I feel...angry. There were several elements of my story that were eerily similar to this episode-and now I can&#39;t bring myself to post my story here.

Is that weird?

vardaquareien
24th October 2003, 22:54
No it&#39;s not weird at all&#33; The actual show often tries to stifle the Chlexy muse unfortunately&#33;&#33;&#33; Even if you don&#39;t decide to post what you&#39;d already started, maybe you could re-write it to something you&#39;d be happier with now. *hint, hint* In other words I really hope you still post a sequal here&#33; Even if it&#39;s not for awhile coz you&#39;ve gotta re-write&#33; Better late than never&#33;

Anyway, whateva you decide, you&#39;ve gotta follow your muse&#33; Do what feels right to you&#33; We&#39;ll still be here. Waiting patiently ;)

tigerbaby
24th October 2003, 23:03
Originally posted by Logan@Oct 24 2003, 04:28 PM
There were several elements of my story that were eerily similar to this episode-and now I can&#39;t bring myself to post my story here.

Not at all. I was reading some of the spoilers and for one of my fics, it was the same situation you find yourself in with the sequel.

I agree with Renee, maybe re-write it to give it a more Chlexy feel. I&#39;d love to see a sequel and I wouldn&#39;t mind waiting.

p.s. I was pretty pissed with the eppy too.

Logan
24th October 2003, 23:35
I can&#39;t rewrite too much of it. There are MAJOR THEMES that are too similar to the episode. Ok, I might just post it anyway, with a huge disclaimer that I wrote mine WAY before I even knew anything about this episode coming out.

But it sucks&#33; It makes me feel like I am copying...or something.

autumngold
25th October 2003, 07:58
What a great story&#33; ;) Even the Clana parts couldn&#39;t ruin it&#33; Ok, I admit I really didn&#39;t read the Clana parts, your warnings made them easy to skip&#33; :angel: Hope you write more Chlex soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

angharad
27th October 2003, 17:47
Awww&#33; What a nice ending with Chloe going from peasant to the Queen&#33;&#33; Loved the whole story and it was a nice change to see Lex all emotional over Chloe and willing to show it&#33; Looking forward to reading more of your fics in the near future :)

deessedelune
27th October 2003, 21:43
:crygreen: Aww..that was so sweet&#33;

Great job in writing the fic. That was amazing.

pop55
17th November 2003, 23:18
i love this fic too :wub: , there are so cute together and this fic is magic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; like a little light in a dark corridor&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

carebear72884
6th December 2003, 03:10
I loved this fic, you better have a sequel, even if it is slightly related to the show, we all know that you wrote it before, but that has got to suck, post it anyway,

please??

Clannadlvr
11th December 2003, 07:22
This was cute- and I especially liked the imagery in this next line.

The lump was still in her throat, her heart was still pounding and a tear still knocked on the door of her eye, but she felt like she had everything in control now with her anger.

nice work&#33;

starmoon
12th April 2005, 01:46
it is so great and started out perfectly.

arkakitty
5th June 2005, 22:49
That was a really great story ^^despite Lana and Clark ^^

pipersmum
6th June 2005, 02:18
It was like a fairy tale Chloe becoming a queen but starting out as a peasant great stuff :D

Augustine86
7th June 2005, 17:12
I cannot believe I never reviewed considering this is one of my favourtie fanfics in the whole wide world!!! It was absolutely fantastic, the whole concept of it. A sequel would be apreciated though... Are you picking up he hit yet???

Anyway, it was terrific. The very best I've ever read

Thaís
13th January 2006, 02:18
Awww... So cute... Wonderfuly written... And I just can't believe that Chloe did that!!!! Thank God that they got together in the end, because they are made for each other!!!!
Hope to find more of your beautiful stories like this one, and I'm on my way to the sequel!!!!
Wonderful job!!!!

mokahi
17th March 2006, 04:57
Cute story! I liked that Lex made Chloe his queen. Great job!

~*~Tasha~*~
12th June 2006, 06:48
First off, I'd like to say that I didn't mind the Clana one bit. Although I know that a lot of Chlex fans don't like Lana ... I really have no problem with Clana. So long as Lana leaves Lex alone, we're good. I started to get a bit irritated actually with all the comments that people kept making about your Clana. I wanted to say come on, give the story time to build up.

As I write this part, I am through post #137, and I really think that your story is a good one. If Chloe and Lex got together in part 1 well that takes away half the story, doesn't it? I enjoy stories that have Chloe and Lex together in the beginning, but this is a different type of story. You are showing their journey to each other. I appreciate that too.

I've finished the story now, and I wanted to say again that I enjoyed it. Chloe is a queen in beggar's clothes. Her beauty far outshines what others have seen in her, and I'm glad to see how you portrayed that here. Nice one.

Historianic
5th April 2010, 20:45
Uh, I may be in the minority here, but I actually think Chloe's reaction is an in-character one. She's been hurt so many times - and to have someone like Lex say out of nowhere that he's in love with her - it would seem a little fishy.

What she said. I totally agree. Given the way the characters' positions have been set up in this fic, it wouldn't make sense for Chloe to just immediately fall into Lex's arms because of a few sweet - and admittedly sincere (I still give Lex full credit) - words. I'm looking forward to seeing how he is going to win her over. And Chloe deserves some serious wooing! :)

elementia
8th June 2010, 16:07
Great story!
was that sequel ever posted?
what's it called?

Ami Rose
20th July 2012, 04:18
Awsome