PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] "Touch Me" (PG) (August 23rd, 2010)

lexie
23rd August 2010, 18:33
SUMMARY: Masks are hard to be stripped alone.

AUTHOR: Lexie

RATING: PG

A/N: Here's a little something I've written while waiting for my muse to wake up for real. By the way, Back from the Dead (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7151-Back-from-the-Dead-(PG-13-R)-CHAPTER-27-plus-Epilogue-(Aug-17-2010)) is finished and has already been moved to the Completed Romance subforum.

TOUCH ME

I’d always yearned to have someone in my life who really saw me beyond the masks and the walls; someone who could touch me in secret corners nobody had reached before and make me whole.

And you came into my barren world one autumn morning and it suddenly didn’t feel that withered anymore. Who would have known the jaded soul exiled by his own father to the distant corners of his empire could have so much in common with the principled fifteen-year-old of the luminous smile? But we did. And you recognised my coldness and my cynicism for what they were, a mask just like yours. And you touched me in silent places where words only interfere. And we touched each other in sad places where only whispering makes sense, places which held memories that had shaped us and whose resonance haunted us.

Time and choices, hurting and bitterness pulled us apart and eventually brought us together because there’s no one better than us to understand the world is more than just black and white. It’s in the morning when the darkness of the night still clings that I need you to touch me. And the need grows stronger when the hours elapse and I feel the mist start to wrap me, when the sun sets- the sun whose light reminds me of the way your hair shone once as you stood in my study and put your life in my hands. It is at twilight that my demons start to haunt me and my soul yearns to be touched.

It is in the evening, when we hide from the world, that I fight against the walls around my heart and the son he’s always wanted. It’s when the sun’s no longer there that I yearn for you to touch me the way a child who might never have enough love needs to be touched. For it’s only with you that I feel it’s safe to be the boy she used to love, the son he never wanted.

Surrounded by obsequious minions and back-stabbing acquaintances, I’m the Caesar’s heir lost among the crowds. As throngs grow larger and friends desert me I look across the room and long for your green eyes to find me. A single look. No words exchanged. Just touch me. Touch me when I’m alone and darkness envelops me and I can’t see, when misunderstanding and others stand in our way and I reach for you through time and space.

Your words, your mere presence in the same room are enough. Touch me. I need to know he hasn’t won yet. Touch me. I need to know I can still feel. Touch me. I need to know it’s still me.

Touch me --- gently for I am fragile,
--- firmly for I am strong,
--- often for I am alone.

Touch me and make me whole again.

THE END

A/N: The excerpt in italics belongs to Suzanne Somers’ poem “Touch Me”. Thanks for the inspiration.

Find a downloadable PDF version on my master list (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7631-Lexie-s-Fanfiction-List-W-PDF-%28Feb-27th-2011%29).

Rachet
23rd August 2010, 18:42
The only thing to say is BEAUTIFUL .

Blackberry
23rd August 2010, 19:55
So lovely~ It's short but perfect because it leaves that yearning feeling that you are creating with the words :)

Ultra
23rd August 2010, 20:44
Wow, lexie, that was... wow. Beautiful yet painful at the same time. You captured Lex's feelings perfectly. Good job :)

ChloeLovesLex
23rd August 2010, 21:01
*sigh* Beautiful.

Raelis
23rd August 2010, 23:08
Very beautiful and touching! Poetry in prose.:worship:

dkfuryan
24th August 2010, 00:18
beautiful is def the right word. I just want to hug him. Thank you!

hfce
24th August 2010, 02:22
Oh wow that was beautiful. :)

donhisiewen
24th August 2010, 05:29
This is already sounding repetitive but it really is very beautiful. All I can do is take a great big sigh and feel touched as well.

purplemoon123
24th August 2010, 05:55
That was just lovely and yeah beautiful!!!!

My fave lines are:

I’d always yearned to have someone in my life who really saw me beyond the masks and the walls; someone who could touch me in secret corners nobody had reached before and make me whole.

Not going to lie but my gutter filled mind went to kinky town. Then it calmed down and was blown away by the feeling of longing!!!

Your words, your mere presence in the same room are enough. Touch me. I need to know he hasn’t won yet. Touch me. I need to know I can still feel. Touch me. I need to know it’s still me.

And I really have no words for this but WOW!!!!

Great job!!!!

Zannie
24th August 2010, 12:05
I need to know he hasn’t won yet

I just love this line. The way it's placed within the rest of the sentiment of the piece is really unexpected and powerful. Very nice work!

jcassy
24th August 2010, 15:11
Hello Lexie

So beautiful. You really have a way with words, they are like flotting. Thank you for this ficlet.

veronica525
25th August 2010, 14:30
What an amazing look into Lex's tortured soul. Beautifully written.

lexie
26th August 2010, 00:03
I just love this line. The way it's placed within the rest of the sentiment of the piece is really unexpected and powerful. Very nice work!

That line sneaked itself in, but it felt so right. Lionel's always been the demon, the shadow that's never ceased to haunt him.

Thank you all for your "beautiful" words; they're greatly appreciated. Hopefully, they'll fuel my muse to get down to work again.

It's really funny. Two of you have used words in your feedback which people always apply to my mother's work as a visual artist. Describing this piece as soothing and saying it provokes a feeling of being 'floating' is the best compliment ever.

Esther25jm
26th August 2010, 04:57
That, sweetie, was beautiful. :D

lkedino
28th August 2010, 17:27
great story

daria_103
28th August 2010, 19:44
Another beautifully written piece, really well done.

starmoon
5th September 2010, 19:22
this is truly beautiful and i loved it. this story brought a little bit of tears to my eyes.

~*~Tasha~*~
16th September 2010, 09:09
That was absolutely beautiful. I reread it a couple times through just to make sure that I didn't miss anything (the emotions of it), and I did feel more of its depth with each reread. It was excellent.

Chloe Gilmore O'niel
8th October 2010, 07:43
As always Lexie that was beautiful

starmoon
9th October 2010, 02:04
very sweet and beautiful. i just loved it.

SouthernChlex
7th January 2011, 23:38
So sweet. If I was a cryer I probably would've shed at least ten tears over this. Lex is so sad...

lexie
8th January 2011, 19:03
So sweet. If I was a cryer I probably would've shed at least ten tears over this. Lex is so sad...

Welcome to the boards and thanks for making this story your first reviewed. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Ami Rose
16th September 2011, 16:49
Beautiful and sad! I loved it! Thank you Lexie

lexie
19th September 2011, 00:03
Beautiful and sad! I loved it! Thank you Lexie

I'm glad you enjoyed it and took the time to leave me some feedback. I'm kind of an in impasse right now, too distracted by RL and the awesome dream that is Richard Armitage to be able to concentrate on my Chlex writing. I hope my muse will spring up soon to help me continue with my two WIPs... and maybe a few more ficlets such as this one.

malugargula
30th December 2012, 05:56
Beautiful fic!!! Loved it

lexie
30th December 2012, 19:07
Thank you, Malu. Glad you enjoyed it.