PDA

View Full Version : Would welcome a wee change...

TheAmazingApe
11th August 2010, 13:39
So I'm a lurker now and can't read fics, even my own.

There are times when real life interferes and we find ourselves away from our sites. Then we come back, hoping for that comfort only to find we've been locked out due to inactivity and it bugs me that something I use to escape from real life locks me out when I come back after real life has finally settled, when I'm needing it the most.

Seriously, can some of these harsh rules be let go or are we going to have to sign up again with new names every time we go away for a bit? I've seen other authors do it and I'd rather they didn't have to, that I could find all their fics on their pages.

I love this site, but this rule about posting within certain timeframes is too stringent, IMO.

Julie
11th August 2010, 15:45
So I'm a lurker now and can't read fics, even my own.

There are times when real life interferes and we find ourselves away from our sites. Then we come back, hoping for that comfort only to find we've been locked out due to inactivity and it bugs me that something I use to escape from real life locks me out when I come back after real life has finally settled, when I'm needing it the most.

Seriously, can some of these harsh rules be let go or are we going to have to sign up again with new names every time we go away for a bit? I've seen other authors do it and I'd rather they didn't have to, that I could find all their fics on their pages.

I love this site, but this rule about posting within certain timeframes is too stringent, IMO.

You don't have to sign up with a new name, just a simple post somewhere will do! :)

Tarentum
11th August 2010, 19:00
You should be Queen of Chlex, but all the fiction is great. Congratulations.

TheAmazingApe
11th August 2010, 23:49
You don't have to sign up with a new name, just a simple post somewhere will do! :)

Oh, good. I was all heartbroken for a while there.

Lel
24th August 2010, 11:49
I too have just had this problem where real life gets in the way of the good things. Am glad to know that I just have to post to be allowed back. I have to say though that I did not like being labled a lurker when I have been unable to sign in for over a month.

Lel