PDA

View Full Version : [Help] A way to save a author's story to your computer?

marcy2401
14th June 2010, 03:33
Hi! I was just wonder is there a way to save a author's story to your laptop? Just in case that for some resson the story gets deleted I can have a copy of it to read when ever I wanted. Thank You! :)

westwingwolf
14th June 2010, 03:42
Other than copying and pasting each chapter into word, I don't think there is a special one-click button. However, at the bottom of every page is a link to the archive which gives a more plain text look to each story and compiles more of the updates on each page so it easier to flip through and find the sections you want to copy and paste.

lexie
14th June 2010, 03:45
Hi! I was just wonder is there a way to save a author's story to your laptop? Just in case that for some resson the story gets deleted I can have a copy of it to read when ever I wanted. Thank You! :)

If the fic you're interested in saving is complete, let me know the title and I'll send you the clean version- i.e. without reviews. I've got all the completed fics on the forums saved. ;)

Just as Mindy has said there's no one-click option to download posts.

ETA: Does your software read .docx files?

trinna
2nd July 2010, 00:45
Thanks

Fouzia
16th October 2010, 00:41
Hi^^
Can someone help me???
I make a mistake and make disapear the "banniere" in the Home page when you see for example the last five post and you can have the choose to see the 25 last post if you want! How can i make it come back??
SOrry if my question is not simple to understand (im french and i dont know how to explain better)
Thank you

lexie
16th October 2010, 00:45
Hi^^
Can someone help me???
I make a mistake and make disapear the "banniere" in the Home page when you see for example the last five post and you can have the choose to see the 25 last post if you want! How can i make it come back??
SOrry if my question is not simple to understand (im french and i dont know how to explain better)
Thank you

I suppose you can still read "Top Five Stats" directly under "Forums" on your left. Well, simply go to the end of the blue line - that is to say to the opposite side of the label"Top Five Stats"- and you'll see a symbol that looks a lot like ^. Click on it and the menu will drop down.

Emch
13th November 2010, 18:18
I'm with westwingwolf. The easiest way to save the fics it's to copy and paste. That way you can adapt it to your favorite font, size, etc.