PDA

View Full Version : A Summertime Story - Interactive Fun! (Excluded from Fanfic Update-date rule, Julie)

skauble
6th June 2010, 07:43
NS Summer Interactive Story

~*~*~Now that we've started, I'm closing this post. For more information and ongoing sign ups, please go to this post (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7789-Summer-Story-Information-Post-and-Ongoing-Sign-Ups).~*~*~

Hey, fellow NSers!

So, I was thinking about ways that we could spice up our summer around here and a round robin was the only one of my ideas that was mostly legal.

The round robin will go from June 15th - Sept. 1st, by which time the story will be complete. I'd like to see how long and involved a story we can end up with! :)

This round robin will be made up of short posts so that it's not overwhelming to write and everyone gets a lot of opportunities to contribute. Also, I'd love to see some folks who either have been thinking of writing or those that have never given it a go take a chance with this. These posts can be small (as short as a couple of paragraphs), and it's really not possible to mess up the plot - frankly, even if it happened it would be easy to get back on track in the next post. So this is very low pressure and a great place to jump in!

Here's how it works:

1) Sign up here. People can join at any time throughout the summer and will just be added to the list.

2) We settle on a theme by June 15th.

3) June 15th the round robin begins.

4) The first person on the list posts. When their post is up, I PM the next person who has two days to post their part.

5) The posts are limited to between 100-800 words so that no one feels overwhelmed by having to post in such a short time.

6) The story ends on September 1st and should have a conclusion at that point.

Notes: It's okay if that person can't post for whatever reason. We'll just move to the next person on the list and bump the person that missed to the end so that they're still part of the RR.

If the person can't think of anything then it's absolutely okay to pass. They'll just be added back at the end of the list and can try again later on.

So sign up, folks! Don't make me twist your arm track you down do something we'll all regret beg. :D

Participants

skauble
westwingwolf
Rachet
Ultra
Fouzia
Kit Merlot
somethingeasy
asharnanae

westwingwolf
6th June 2010, 08:13
If I sign up first does that mean I have to go first because I don't know if I'm comfortable with that, but I could join later on...maybe...hopefully.

Rachet
6th June 2010, 08:15
I will give it a try, but it will be my first time writing any thing though.
Rachet

Ultra
6th June 2010, 09:58
Yeah, this sounds cool, I'll play :)

Julie
6th June 2010, 10:59
If I sign up first does that mean I have to go first because I don't know if I'm comfortable with that, but I could join later on...maybe...hopefully.

I'm sure we can shuffle you on the list :)

Anyone want to open the show?

Rachet

Awesome!! :)

Woho! :D

skauble
6th June 2010, 11:45

Don't worry, we won't make you go first. We'll make sure that everyone's okay with the order before we start. Besides, I've been working on an SV opening line:

"It was a poorly lit and badly written night."

Rachet

Yay! :D Good for you for giving writing a chance and this is the perfect place to dip your toe in because it's little bites and you can take a pass whenever you'd like. Besides, everyone here is supportive when we're all drunk writing! :)

Awesome! This will be a fun summer and years from now we'll look back and realize that we wrote the best or the weirdest story ever! Or maybe both. ;)

~Sarah~

Fouzia
6th June 2010, 13:09
Hello I really want to try!!!
But I AM french so my english is not very good!!
Can someone read after me before the post for the wrong word!!!
Thank you very much!!!

skauble
6th June 2010, 14:01
Hello I really want to try!!!
But I AM french so my english is not very good!!
Can someone read after me before the post for the wrong word!!!
Thank you very much!!!

Sure! I'm more than happy to help anyone out who wants to participate and is nervous about something. I'm so glad you're going to be a part of the sotry making! :D

~Sarah~

Kit Merlot
6th June 2010, 14:52
This sounds very cool and rather fun, and I'd like to take a crack at it--please add me to the list:grin3:

skauble
6th June 2010, 16:11
This sounds very cool and rather fun, and I'd like to take a crack at it--please add me to the list:grin3:

Yay! I predict the most fun will be trying to get the thing to end no sooner or later than Sept. 1st. lol

To everyone who has signed up so far - I added you all, and I didn't put you first, Mindy. :)

~Sarah~

somethingeasy
6th June 2010, 16:42
I'd like to give it a try. Even I couldn't mess up a 100 words worth of continued fic, right? Right?!?

Can I be set to go on early? Perhaps right after Skauble? I'm going on vacation around the 19th, and I'd like to post up my contribution before I have to leave.

cbrunberg
7th June 2010, 04:58
its sounds interesting.i am interested in reading the summertime story

asharnanae
7th June 2010, 18:42
I reckon I can do 100-ish words..... though, I do have three unfinnished storys in the graveyard....... so you never know!!! ahhh what the hell, sign me up :) Cool idea by the way.

I also don't mind starting us off in no one else wants the job ;)

skauble
15th June 2010, 03:47
I'd like to give it a try. Even I couldn't mess up a 100 words worth of continued fic, right? Right?!?

Can I be set to go on early? Perhaps right after Skauble? I'm going on vacation around the 19th, and I'd like to post up my contribution before I have to leave.

Yay! And yeah, we can put you in the second position so we can get your part in. And yay for vacation. :) Hope it's somewhere fun. Also, bring us back a hot guy T-shirt. :D

its sounds interesting.i am interested in reading the summertime story

Cool! Maybe we can also trick convince you to give posting a go. I'll tell the others to be inspiring. But I hope that you enjoy reading it either way. :)

I reckon I can do 100-ish words..... though, I do have three unfinnished storys in the graveyard....... so you never know!!! ahhh what the hell, sign me up :) Cool idea by the way.

I also don't mind starting us off in no one else wants the job ;)

Cool! I'll put you first then. :)

I'll post up the theme tomorrow and PM you tonight in case you don't see this.

Remember folks, you can still sign up now and throughout the summer! And the story will being tomorrow! :)

~Sarah~