PDA

View Full Version : Advanced @User Tagging

Julie
20th May 2010, 09:01
The @user Tagging mod allows members to mention each other in posts when talking about them. This is done in a very easy way, very similar to how Twitter mentions people. We use @ ; as the tags, so for instance you could say:
----
This new thread from @Julie (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/member.php?u=1); is pretty cool.
----
The “@Julie (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/member.php?u=1);” Will become a link to the user's profile, it will also inform the user tagged they had been mentioned, and link to the relevant thread/post via a new area in the profile section.

It also allows members to “tag” the thread for specific other members by inputting their usernames in the tag box above the posts of the thread.

@user Mention: Type @Username; in a post to “mention” a user. This not only links to the users profile, but it also sends a notification to that user that they have been mentioned, and should check out the thread to see what is being said about them!

Notice! Be sure to include the semi-colon ( ; ) after the username, otherwise it will not work.

User Tagging: Hit “Tag Users” to recommend the thread to people without mentioning them in your post. A great way to make sure people don't miss threads that would be suitable for them!

Tagged list: a list of users tagged in the thread – great way for people to check who might have similar interests to them.

New @tag tab in profile: A tab showing both incoming and outgoing tags/mentions from the user.

---

If you notice any errors about this let me know and I'll see what I can do :)

Julie
3rd June 2010, 10:47
This mod has been temporarily disabled because there is a bug in it that causes other important forum features to not work :) I've contacted the developer about it, and hopefully we'll figure something out :)

Julie
6th June 2010, 11:41
It's been enabled again now, as I've updated the files to the latest version, hopefully it will work now :)