PDA

View Full Version : NS was hacked

Julie
4th May 2010, 07:26
Hey,

Most of you've probably noticed that NS was hacked last night... It should be up and running again, but if you notice anything odd, or experience problems, post about it here or contact me directly at juliehoaas gmail . com.

I've disabled all of the extra features that's not part of the vbulletin package, so that I can properly work out the problems.

Stay tuned to our Twitter account (http://www.twitter.com/nsnetwork/) for updates as well :)

I'll work on the remaining things as soon as I can. I have to get to work now.

westwingwolf
4th May 2010, 07:30
The top 5 is gone, as is the chatbox and chatroom, are you tweaking those?

Julie
4th May 2010, 07:32
The top 5 is gone, as is the chatbox and chatroom, are you tweaking those?

Those aren't part of the original vBulletin package, all of those are extra features... You can still access the chat by going to

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/chat.php

Julie
4th May 2010, 08:15
I'm available for immediate support if anyone needs that at the NS Chat.

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't chat-chat, but if you need support, poke me there. I'll check it as often as possible :) If I don't reply right away, I'm probably busy with work stuff ;)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/chat.php

OR send a direct message to @nsnetwork and I'll see it right away.

skauble
4th May 2010, 09:13
That totally sucks. :damncomp: What kind of person gets off on hacking a place like our little corner of the net? Seriously, hack a bank or Microsoft or something if you feel like you need to show the world how awesome you are. We're just people having fun and making friends while we do some shipping. That can't really be the thing that they brag about at hacker conventions.

~Sarah~

If I were at a hackers convention I would brag about not being a hacker and getting past security and into their convention

Julie
4th May 2010, 09:24
That totally sucks. :damncomp: What kind of person gets off on hacking a place like our little corner of the net? Seriously, hack a bank or Microsoft or something if you feel like you need to show the world how awesome you are. We're just people having fun and making friends while we do some shipping. That can't really be the thing that they brag about at hacker conventions.

~Sarah~

If I were at a hackers convention I would brag about not being a hacker and getting past security and into their convention

I guess some people are just VERY bored, and don't have much of a life... Oh well, luckily the damage was minimal...

Avalanche
4th May 2010, 15:01
Yeah, I saw the hacking and thought maybe something extra weird was going on with the vbulletin update. People are dumb sometimes.

Kit Merlot
4th May 2010, 15:07
I'm sorry that this has happened to our lovely site and I hope that hacker gets his butt kicked--Karma. baby, Karna!

MelBee1985
4th May 2010, 16:46
It takes a hacking for me to come back?! :p

Yeah it does suck. I couldn't access last night the chatroom as well.

Besides blocking the main page, did the hacker do something else?

Some people should use their skills to better stuff, sigh.

***Hey, look at me! I'm hacking a fandom on Smallville... Just because I can!*** ... *raising brow* Yeah, that's very brilliant move. He's the king of hacking now. Sigh.

Well, glad to hear, damages aren't that bad :D

sinecure
4th May 2010, 23:29
And... there it goes again. *sigh*

superag
4th May 2010, 23:33
And again......really nothing better to do with his/her time.

lexie
4th May 2010, 23:40
A war against Lex/MR must be all the rage because it's been happening a lot lately on forums and sites devoted to both.

Julie
5th May 2010, 06:47
Something is definitely fishy here, so I'm, again, turning off ALL of the extra non-standard vBulletin stuff, so if something is missing of the extra stuff, it's probably one of the things removed :)

The main-main page, naughty-seduction.net, is down to some errors, but I don't have time to fix that right now. I'll try when I get home :)

lexie
5th May 2010, 06:50
Now that you've disabled some things one of the problems I had got fixed- the buttons that were misaligned on my posts are viewed just fine.

Julie
5th May 2010, 06:57
Now that you've disabled some things one of the problems I had got fixed- the buttons that were misaligned on my posts are viewed just fine.

Hm, that's odd... I've simply turned all of the gadgets on/off, I haven't added or specifically removed any... Hm... We'll figure it out lexie! :)

lexie
5th May 2010, 07:02
Hm, that's odd... I've simply turned all of the gadgets on/off, I haven't added or specifically removed any... Hm... We'll figure it out lexie! :)

Well, stranger things have happened. lol. A question: You've disabled the list of visitors to threads, right?

Julie
5th May 2010, 07:05
Well, stranger things have happened. lol. A question: You've disabled the list of visitors to threads, right?

Yup, that was an extra feature :)

I've disabled everything to make sure it's not a security risk within one of those scripts...

tatie87
5th May 2010, 08:14
I couldn't believe when I came to the homepage and there was that hacker message. I feel so bad that someone went and messed with this site, that's just mean. I hope everything can be fixed and that nothing was lost:(

Julie
5th May 2010, 08:30
I couldn't believe when I came to the homepage and there was that hacker message. I feel so bad that someone went and messed with this site, that's just mean. I hope everything can be fixed and that nothing was lost:(

I took a backup of the database this morning (hopefully it managed to finish properly before I had to leave for work :D), which is where all the important good stuff is :D

Not my ideal way of waking up I say, checking my mail as soon as my eyes open to see mails about being hacked... again... :P

Julie
5th May 2010, 11:43
Apparently the hacker(s) had upload files to NS, which gave them instant access whenever they wanted to :( And that vulnerability most likely lies within a PHP script, so I'm taking down most of the NS network sites that rely on PHP, and I'm going to tweak the Spotlight code when I get home to hopefully make it more secure!

Julie
5th May 2010, 13:00
I'm taking down the Spotlight website just for the time being as a security measure due to the hacking of NS. I need to go through the script and make it more secure, but I'll have it up ASAP! :)

I'll of course extend nomination periods and such :)

MelBee1985
5th May 2010, 19:18
Ugh.. Seriously.. been hacked again?

What the hell! Someone's keeping an eye on NS and just mess with it once in a while just to screw with Julie and members.... Freaking morons who have no lives!

Hope it was last time :/

pisquenta
5th May 2010, 20:12
I thought it was gone forever *cries like a baby*
I usually access the site from the main page: www.naughty-seduction.net
So I saw the hackers signature and I sooo wish I had Chloe's brainiac powers to fry up that bastard! I thought we lost the whole forum (just like it happened a few years ago with EZBoard's crash). I thought about accessing from one of the topics I had on the internet history and it worked! Thank goodness!

Julie
5th May 2010, 20:51
So I saw the hackers signature and I sooo wish I had Chloe's brainiac powers to fry up that bastard! I thought we lost the whole forum (just like it happened a few years ago with EZBoard's crash). I thought about accessing from one of the topics I had on the internet history and it worked! Thank goodness!

The main page is still down because I'm missing some files, and just haven't had a time to fix it :) I'll take care of it soon as I can :)

alexiel
5th May 2010, 21:53
You fix it really quickly, if I didn't have seen the thread, I probably never known that NS was hacked !
You're doing a great job !

ChloeLovesLex
5th May 2010, 22:12
So sorry they got this site Jules. Yikes! I freaked when I logged on and saw it the first time.
My first thought was...Crap...I don't think I have HTC backed up on my thumb drive. I'll be doing that now - LOL!

Shells20
5th May 2010, 23:14
It takes a hacking for me to come back?!

***Hey, look at me! I'm hacking a fandom on Smallville... Just because I can!*** ... *raising brow* Yeah, that's very brilliant move. He's the king of hacking now. Sigh.

Well, glad to hear, damages aren't that bad

All to true...since I'm the same way. I go on vacation and some moron decides to decides to become Chloe.

zadie
6th May 2010, 01:41
On the plus side, you know you're doing something right if they're shooting at you!

Can't keep us down ;)

Julie
6th May 2010, 06:42
On the plus side, you know you're doing something right if they're shooting at you!

Can't keep us down ;)

Haha, true!

Julie
6th May 2010, 16:25

The main page is now working again :)

chachica2009
7th May 2010, 00:26
sucks to be hacked, but at least you have the site up and running again. even though you shouldn't have had to mess with it.... stupid hackers.

cbuffy
7th May 2010, 01:03
I can't get over that a hacker took me morning fix of chlex away from me and all of us. I am so pissed!

BackupLover
7th May 2010, 03:26
Thanks for getting the site back up and running ladies! I hope the problems are over.

Rachet
7th May 2010, 03:34
thanks for the fast work

kcsgirl82
7th May 2010, 03:38
I can't believe someone would be so rude!!
Thank you for getting things going again you are so awesome!!!!

Avalanche
7th May 2010, 04:06
Some people have too much time on their hands and not enough purpose in life.