PDA

View Full Version : Thread subscriptions

momdaegmorgan
6th April 2010, 23:17
I'm sure there's probably an option somewhere in the CP that I'm missing but I had a question about subscriptions.

Is there any way to make it so that you don't receive a subscriptions for every thread you respond to? I love knowing when certain threads are updated, but sometimes there's ones where I make a passing comment and don't have a huge interest in following the rest of it. Other than going in and managing my subscriptions (which is a bit tedious if I have to do it every time I respond to a thread I'm not interested in following), I can see no other way to stop receiving those emails.

I'd rather pick which threads I'm subscribed to, instead of having it happen automatically.

Julie
7th April 2010, 06:16
http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to Messaging & Notification, and then change Default Thread Subscription Mode to Do Not Subscribe.

Kallee
8th April 2010, 08:03
The Lurker thing and keeping people active is an interesting and innovative idea. I had a question about the subscribing to a thread. Does that mean it alerts you to updates to a story or alerts you whenever anyone posts? I'm not sure exactly what it means when people are subscribed to a thread? Is there a limit? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place.

Julie
8th April 2010, 17:33
The Lurker thing and keeping people active is an interesting and innovative idea. I had a question about the subscribing to a thread. Does that mean it alerts you to updates to a story or alerts you whenever anyone posts? I'm not sure exactly what it means when people are subscribed to a thread? Is there a limit? Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place.

When you subscribe to a thread it alerts you to new posts within that thread. Not just from the thread starter, but everyone who posts in that thread.

There's probably a limit in the system, but it's probably a high number, so go ahead and subscribe to what you need and want to :)

momdaegmorgan
8th April 2010, 21:16
Thanks, Julie! I figured there had to be a way to do it, I just couldn't find it on my own. :)

Kallee
9th April 2010, 02:42
Thanks Julie. I'll try it out.