PDA

View Full Version : Used (R)

scifichick774
30th September 2003, 06:51
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Several pages and posts of this thread were compromised or deleted by a hacker's attack, so here's a link to read the full story on a different server

http://www.mediafire.com/view/p5o1gdvvgdl8lck/scifichick774_Used.docx

Title: Used
Author: scifichick774
Rating: R
Category: Dark Angst
Spoilers: Everything through the spoilers for the third season at Kryptonsite is fair game.
Summary: Things rarely go as planned…
Disclaimer: Not mine, no infringement intended, please don’t sue.
Feedback: YES!! REVIEW!! I’m serious. I really need a feedback fix.
Archival: Sure – just let me know where.
Author’s Note: This will not be a long piece, nor is it intended to be. The themes are dark and might be considered sensitive to some readers. That said, enjoy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The road in front of her disappeared into a dark blur, though she couldn’t say whether it was because of the rain beating against her windshield from the storm she was driving in or the four shots of Irish whiskey she had stolen from the top cabinet where her dad had forgotten he placed it long ago.

Chloe glanced down at the large manila envelope lying on the passenger seat. It was sealed, but had taken some effort to get it that way as the information she found on Clark had been more than she had ever wanted to know. Much more.

She told herself that she could handle his secret, no matter what it was. She could handle him being material for her wall of weird; she could handle the fact that he had treated her so poorly in order to cover it up.

But she hadn’t planned on finding out that he was the source of all of the weirdness – or at least his arrival was.

When she found out, initially she had been overwhelmed with a surprising sense of satisfaction – that there were viable reasons for him acting the way he did, for disregarding her feelings at every turn in the road.

He wasn’t human and he didn’t want to advertise it. He felt threatened by the fact that she was in a position to expose him. She understood that.

Unfortunately, her subsequent reactions were different.

The more she thought about it, the more pained she was that he felt like he couldn’t trust her. Then that turned into the suspicion that he knew that he could trust her and just didn’t want to because she didn’t live up to his image of the ideal woman.

The sad part was that Lana didn’t either, but he always changed the subject when someone pointed that out, even when it was Lana.

Still, Chloe felt certain if Lana showed any sign of being open-minded about aliens existing among them that Clark would tell her his secret in a heartbeat.

That hurt the most.

Chloe had been friends with him since she moved to Smallville in eighth grade - *good* friends.

Lana had been the girl he admired from afar, but they had never even talked beyond saying hello to each other in the hallways before two years ago.

And yet he was perfectly willing to tell *her* everything.

Chloe’s hands tightened on the steering wheel and she pushed her foot down on the gas pedal just a little more.

She had initially agreed to work for Lionel Luthor out of some sense of warped loyalty to Clark; so she could find out what Lionel had on him and try to save him from his own foolish behavior.

Things rarely go as planned.

When she realized she was in too deep and what Lionel really wanted, it was too late for her to back out.

He could threaten her reputation all he wanted, but most of the people in the small town already disliked her simply because she didn’t meet the exacting standards that Lana apparently did, so whatever lies he could come up with would impact her very little.

Chloe didn’t manipulate people’s emotions; she didn’t play the games that Lana excelled at. She was honest and uncalculating.

Or at least she used to be.

Chloe slowly saw her old self slip away, trading a newly regained sense of confidence for an empty feeling in the pit of her soul, a friendship based on lies for the truth and all the suffering that came with it.

She became someone she didn’t want to be and had thought of no way to change it without forcing Lionel’s hand into carrying through on his thinly veiled threats toward her father’s life.

No way until now.

She gunned the car past the unguarded gates to the Luthor estate, the tires squealing to a halt and spinning the car around as she hit the brakes and drenched her car in thick mud brought up from the storm.

Not bothering to grab the umbrella that rested on the back seat of the car, Chloe picked up the manila envelope and slammed the driver’s side door closed, relishing the way the fat drops of ice cold water felt heavy from the sky and drenched her almost immediately.

They wouldn’t wash away her sins, but they served to remind her that she was there with a purpose. Her sins would be taken care of later.

The butler opened the door, frowning down at her small soaked frame.

No words were exchanged between them. None needed to be.

He stepped aside and Chloe moved into the house, not bothering to look back her as she trailed puddles of wetness behind her on the way to the library.

After all, what better place to leave all that knowledge?

She barely took note of the fact that the walls had started to close in around her, or that she seemed to be spinning as she walked, but she did hear a voice come from behind her, startling her enough to make her stop dead in her tracks.

So why was the room still moving?

“I asked you a question.”

Chloe turned around, meeting Lex’s glare head-on.

“Did you?” she asked, her tone snide though her words were beginning to slur together.

“How did you get in here?”

“I’m not digging for secrets if that’s what you’re worried about – at least not yours.”

A sour chuckle escaped Chloe’s throat at Lex’s almost stunned look and then she shook her head in weak amusement.

She had forgotten that Lex had no memory of who she was, had only been trying to rebuild his recollection from the time that he had run into Clark and crashed over the bridge, which of course, he was still in partial denial about, just as he had been before.

“You know what?” she said, taking a couple of steps to close the space between them. With a flick of her wrist, she smacked the damp envelope against his chest. “Tell your dad I quit.”

She took a step to the side to walk past him back down the hall, leaving a confused Lex to furrow his brow at her retreating form.

It wasn’t every night that a beautiful, wet woman walked into the manor and made no move at all to seduce him for his money, let alone a clearly inebriated one who apparently worked for his father.

Curiosity got the better of him and he flipped up the metal tabs keeping the envelope closed. Sliding the numerous papers and photographs out of it, his eyes grew wide with what he saw.

Clark Kent.

The boy he had formerly suspected of running into that ill-fated night on the bridge and the evidence to prove that what his experts said happened actually happened.

Lex’s eyes shot up from the documentation and he was about to call out to her when he saw her starting to sway, stopping and bracing her back against the wall so she wouldn’t fall down.

A few long, quick strides and he caught up to where she stood, eyes closed as she tried to keep the room from spinning.

He placed one palm flat against the wall, keeping his eyes intently on her eyelids.

“What part of the message did you not understand?” Chloe asked without opening her eyes.

“I understood all of it, but I’ll need your name ---”

Chloe opened her eyes and shot him a pained glare.

“He’ll know.”

Lex frowned and reached up to brush some wet strands of hair behind her ear. Chloe pulled her head away and pushed herself off the wall.

“I have to go,” she said.

“You shouldn’t be driving in your condition.”

“You’re one to talk,” she retorted.

Lex pursed his lips. He had so many questions to ask about the material in the envelope, but she was hardly in any shape to answer them. He had to find a way to convince her to stay, or at least get her name so he could call her and ask her later.

She seemed to be good at witty comebacks even while having alcohol in her system, so he decided to work off of her intelligence.

“If you’re as good of an investigator as the contents of this envelope would imply you are, then you should know that he’s not going to let you just quit like this.”

Chloe nodded absently.

“I figured.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

Chloe let out a sigh and gave him a look that might have been mistaken for pity had it not been for the all too familiar torment Lex could see eating away at her soul.

“It means that unlike you, when I drive off that bridge tonight, it’ll be intentional,” she said, her words coming out surprisingly clear.

Lex stared at her in disbelief.

“What?”

“I have to go,” Chloe said again, taking a wobbly step only to find Lex’s arm suddenly wrapping around her to prevent her from leaving. “Let me go,” she said, unable to keep her voice from sounding choked as tears started to well up in her eyes.

She just wanted to leave.

It had taken so many hours, so much consideration to make her decision, but she knew if she didn’t go through with it tonight then there was a very real chance that she never would.

“You’re going to let him win? Just like that?”

Chloe shook her head despairingly.

“You don’t understand,” she said.

Lex let out a derisive half-chuckle.

“I’ve known the bastard all my life. I probably understand better than you do,” he said.

Chloe shook her head again, instantly regretting the action when it made her stomach think about pushing up the alcohol she had consumed earlier.

“My father conspired to set me up in a relationship so he could get the inside track on my business dealings,” he said. “And then she tried to kill me on the way to our honeymoon. I think you’ll find that there isn’t a lot I don’t understand about lies and betrayal.”

“Exactly. You’ve only ever been used for your money or because of it. You’ve never had to deal with the pain of someone using you for you, simply because you’re observant and happen to know what the hell is going on.”

Lex frowned. Though he was hesitant to admit it, she was right.

The pain that came with having his emotions manipulated for monetary gain at least had a scapegoat that he could lame it on – the money. He couldn’t imagine having to deal with that kind of hurt and having nowhere to funnel the gut-wrenching emotion other than back at himself.

“What happened?”

“My best friend, the man I thought I was in love with for the past three years, isn’t from this planet,” Chloe countered. “He never told me, but he told our other best friend and is about to tell the girl that he only has a fantasized version of in his head. And what do you want to bet that he’ll find a way to blame me when she flips out about it and doesn’t accept him?”

Lex was silent for a second as he contemplated her drunken rambling of a story and then he blinked, fixing her with a characteristically emotionless look immediately afterward.

“So, you started working for my dad as a means of revenge.”

“No. I tried to warn Clark that your dad approached me about him, but he wouldn’t listen. I thought…at least if it was me working for your dad, then I could protect him somehow.”

Lex looked down at the papers in his hand.

“You changed your mind apparently.”

Chloe settled back against the wall and closed her eyes again. She was beginning to wonder if Lex was ever going to let her leave. Of course, if she didn’t, the cold stone wall had its benefits.

It was surprisingly soothing and she found herself wanting to slide down to the floor and fall asleep right there.

“I put an identical envelope in Clark’s locker, along with an explanation. He’ll see it on Monday,” she said tiredly, her words now not only slurred but lilting off in inappropriate places.

‘A suicide note – shit. She’s serious,’ Lex thought. “There are better ways to get over being used,” he said, knowing she was already half-asleep and probably wouldn’t take advantage of the subtle offer that she was being given.

“Sometimes,” she replied, not catching Lex’s hidden innuendo. “But not this time.”

“Why not?”

“Because I’ve tried everything else and nothing worked.”

“So, you’re just going to wallow in self-pity and kill yourself? Yeah, that’ll show them,” Lex said in angry sarcasm.

Chloe laughed, but no real emotion was behind it. No real emotion other than a hollow pain was left within her.

“You’ve got it all wrong,” she said drunkenly. “It’s not pity at all.”

“Then what do you call it?”

“Closure.”

“Closure,” Lex repeated. “How do you figure? They’ll never be able to make amends or ask you why you did it.”

Chloe nodded.

“Exactly,” she said. “I won’t be used anymore.”

TBC…

Calliope
30th September 2003, 14:36
:biggrin: You're such a talented writer. I love all your stories. I suspect this one will make me quite sad, but I can't wait for the next chapter!

tigerbaby
30th September 2003, 14:44
My heart is already twisted in a knot, but I can just tell that this is going to be good. You're work is excellent but for some funny reason, you always make me hate Clark (not that I don't already) even when he's trying to be nice.

Jackass. And he probably wouldn't mourn, just say it serves her right for dancing with the devil. Grrrr.....

Sunny
30th September 2003, 16:38
Ummm... Lex doesn't remember Chloe????? ... How the hell could he forgot about her! Damned plane crash
Great story, I can't wait for more... :wub:

hfce
30th September 2003, 17:28
Wow :ohmy: that was :huh: wow

Hope...

deessedelune
30th September 2003, 17:58
:crygreen: :crygreen: Wow. That was such a poignant piece. I can't wait for more, please update soon.

Val
30th September 2003, 18:15
Wow is the word for it alright.
That was great and I'm really looking foward to see how Lex will convince Chloe.

asharnanae
30th September 2003, 20:16
:ohmy: :worship2: oh wow!! damn, it's yet another fabulous story from you!!!!!! love it allready!

squeezumstang
30th September 2003, 21:46
cool, cool, cool. another story for me to be addicted to!

staysixkid
30th September 2003, 23:39
this is Kick Ass man! Kick. Ass! You know how I feel about this fic. The darker the better. This...is pretty much true Chlex! :) Outstanding work!

sara_noele
1st October 2003, 21:05
I'm afraid, uh, maybe because its angst? Love it already, waiting for an update!
Please, make Lex convince her.

bedasse
2nd October 2003, 20:08
Please, may i have some more????? Another great fic. I can't wait to see what happens next.

drina
2nd October 2003, 20:34
You know the feeling; that sense of regret about what you're going to, but you're doing it anyway. This is my first impression of the fic...I know that it would be ugly, but i would continue reading anyway, because the story captivates me...Great job, Kirs.

happy bunny
2nd October 2003, 21:51
:worship2: Another great fic, Kris! :yay: I love it!! I'm wondering where you're going to take it from here so maybe you could help me out by, you know, posting more.

eurydices falling
3rd October 2003, 02:16
Oh you dear, sweet, sweet woman. How do you do it? Bless you and your talents. I love the angst it makes everything so gritty and true to my jaded perspective (grins evilly). Now you run along and write your heart out. I'll just be doing some eye exercises in preparation for an update.

Julie
3rd October 2003, 02:41
DAMN!

Grrr... I have to stop reading these fictions that are only one part. It's killing me!!! U.p.d.a.t.e!!!!

Realfaith
4th October 2003, 20:55
Wow! That´s a great story! I hope you update soon!!!!!!

lunaluthor
5th October 2003, 19:42
Interesting beginning

Logan
8th October 2003, 13:53
scifichick-this was incredible! Great beginning to say the least!

I've read a few other things of yours now and I can see why so many people told me to check out your writings-you have quite the imagination, wit and talent to put it all in story form!

Now I can say I am definitely a scifichick fan!

peepsRfun2eat
16th October 2003, 23:41
wow holy shit, sorry excuse my language but i actually muttered that with the last line. i can't wait to see more, please update.

autumngold
19th October 2003, 01:23
:chlexsign1: This story has such an excellent beginning!! :biggrin: I hope you can find time to update soon!! How can Lex save her from the "used" feelings? Please update soon!! :wub: :yay2: :chlexsign3:

Blaire023
24th October 2003, 15:17
but...but...but...

WHY DONT YOU LOVE ME ANYMORE?!

if you did, *sniffle* you wouldn't be so mean to me.

~B

BUT I LOVE IT!

scifichick774
8th November 2003, 23:40
“If that’s all you want, then why not just move away? Somewhere where neither of them can find you? Create a new life for yourself?” Lex asked.

Chloe gave him a blank stare in disbelief.

“You make it sound so easy,” she said.

“It can be.”

“But it won’t be.”

Lex opened his mouth to speak her name, but when he realized that he had never gotten it, his lips quickly closed.

It didn’t matter. She didn’t seem to be listening anyway – not really.

“I would never be free. I would always have it weighing on my conscience,” Chloe continued and then absently shook her head. “I can’t live like that. Not anymore.”

“So, what you’re really saying is that you’re doing this so you won’t have to live with your own guilt,” Lex said pointedly. “It’s not about escaping Clark or my dad; it’s about your own regrets.”

“W—”

“Take it from someone who’s been there and done that,” Lex interrupted. “You can never run away from what you’ve done because you can never run away from *you*. The only thing you ---”

“I’m not trying to run away,” Chloe reminded him quietly, her gaze focused on the floor so she wouldn’t have to look at him.

Lex stood there, stunned by her words. He knew that she was contemplating suicide, but had hoped it was just a cry for help as his drug and alcohol use of previous years had been. He opened his mouth again, only to close it and contort his face in frustration.

“What’s your name?”

Chloe closed her eyes and took in a shaky breath. The room seemed to be spinning more and more and her heated, yet shivering body could only take so much more of the torture Lex seemed intent on her going through.

“Why do you care?” she managed to get out.

Lex saw her starting to sway where she stood and wrapped an arm around her to steady her yet again, frowning when he realized that she wasn’t giving into his trying to keep her there, but was simply too physically weak and emotionally drained to fight him anymore.

“Like I said,” he whispered against her ear, holding her closer when she rested her forehead against his chest. “There are better ways to get over being used.”

The implication of his words finally cut through the drunken fog that had encompassed her mind and Chloe found herself pulling back a little and half-squinting at Lex’s face to try and make out whether he was joking or not.

He did have a reputation for being a playboy, but in the grand tradition of such men, he preferred the company of women who spent more on plastic surgery than she would likely make in a lifetime.

‘Or would have made,’ she mentally corrected. Pushing past whatever embarrassment she may have normally felt for asking the question she was about to ask, she merely leaned her head to the side and fixed Lex with a cool glare. “Are you propositioning me?”

The words came out much more slurred than she would have liked and for an instant she was surprised that Lex hadn’t started laughing as she had done to Lana when she overheard her ask Clark the same question in much the same manner after a party they had been to the previous month.

Lana hadn’t even wanted to go and Chloe hadn’t been particularly inclined to make her, but then her dad’s guilt trip about her asking him to let Lana stay with them and how ‘for such supposedly good friends they never spent much time together’ kicked in.

The former cheerleader hadn’t had more than two drinks before Clark had cornered her and gave her what sounded like one of his father’s moral lectures, telling her that she shouldn’t have let Chloe bring her there and that she was willingly exposing herself to all kinds of trouble – that she should let him take her home.

“Clark Kent,” Lana exclaimed with slurred, but mocking surprise. “Are you propositioning me?”

The words alone were enough to make Chloe’s drink fly from her mouth, but the horrifyingly embarrassed look on Clark’s face had been the clincher. Chloe had to grab at her gut she was laughing so hard.

Lex tipped his head to the side as he observed the hysterically laughing young woman in his arms.

“Okay…laughter. That’s good…I think. But, I must admit that I’m at a loss as to why that’s so amusing,” he said with a confused look on his face; disturbed by the fact that his ego pumped up by years of women throwing themselves at him for his money had not prepared him for this strangely crushing moment.

She was beautiful, drunk, and in love with somebody else – all qualities that Lex would have thought that would make the perfect combination for her wanting to sleep with him. Not to mention the way their bodies seemed to mold together perfectly as he held her in his arms.

But apparently she didn’t see it that way.

Unfortunately, that was the other quality that she possessed; she was smart and saw right through what he was trying to do, and proceeded to try and derail his ego in an effort to stop him. It was the only theory he could come up with that made sense.

If he wasn’t half-sober enough to fancy himself a gentleman, then he’d simply throw her over his shoulder and take her to his room to fuck some sense into her.

He frowned as he snapped from his thoughts to find that her laughter had ended and her head had lolled back as her body fell limp in his arms.

‘Well, at least it’s one way of keeping her from leaving,’ he thought sourly to himself.

Bending down, he swooped up her legs with one arm and cradled her back with the other. She could sleep off her intoxication in his room so as to not arouse any suspicions among the staff, since they would think nothing of a strange woman sharing his bed. And then hopefully, when she awoke, they could have a nice long discussion about where they would go from there.

~*~*~*~*~

Lex woke in the morning to find himself lying alone beneath the expensive sheets on his bed. The storm that had been wailing outside all night had died – a metaphor, he supposed, for what he feared had happened to Chloe.

Her twisted, broken emotions about what was going on around her, what she was unable to stop represented by the fierce wind and pummeling water from the sky that whipped through town; and now that she was gone, so was the storm, but not without leaving devastation in their wakes.

Slowly he eased himself out of bed, running a hand over his bare scalp when he saw the envelope that Chloe had brought with her to the mansion lying on the end table next to his bed. He knew for a fact that he had left it and its contents spilled on the hallway floor the previous night, so for a split second it gave him the hope that Chloe might still be there; wretching her guts out in the bathroom because of a severe hangover or perhaps even taking a shower to drive the cold from her body.

Of course, it didn’t take long for the truth to set in after he heard no sounds at all coming from his bathroom; and the tray containing his breakfast that was placed on the small table by the inside of the door only served to confirm his suspicions.

One of the maids must have seen the paperwork and assumed it was his, and as she delivered his breakfast, then she dropped off the envelope as well. It made sense – even if Lex didn’t want it to.

He wanted Chloe to be asleep when he woke up; for the small, naked body that he’d had to peel the wet clothes off of the night before to be contoured against his own in an effort to seek warmth.

The thought stiffened his entire form. Not the part about wanting to sleep with the young woman, but the name that resounded in his head.

Chloe.

She’d never given him her name, at least not from what he could remember – so why did his mind so casually assign that one to her?

He closed his eyes and rubbed them, his mouth slowly dropping open as scattered images rushed past his lids. It wasn’t all of his lost memories, not by a long shot, but to remember anything after the time that had passed…

“Oh God,” he said, the words coming out as little more than a sickened gasp. Chloe was his plant manager, Gabe Sullivan’s, only daughter. The man would be devastated when he found out. And if the news of Chloe’s death didn’t kill him, then the information that she had essentially done it for him certainly would.

A hand hastily went to where a shirt was draped out over the back of one of the nearby chairs, accidentally knocking the envelope off the end table in the process. He grumbled under his breath, but something caught his eye as he crouched down to pick up the papers that had spilled out of the open manila envelope.

He reached down and lifted the small piece of paper that he recognized to come from the personal, engraved paper-stock he kept in the desk in his bedroom.

Dear Lex,

I’m sorry. This will obviously be the only time you’ll ever hear me admit this, but you were right – sobering up certainly puts a different slant on the situation.

‘Oh, thank God,’ Lex thought.

Therefore, I’m leaving the evidence in your hands. I’m sure you’ll do what you feel is the right thing.

I do ask that you not tell Clark that the papers weren’t given to your dad. I think it’s necessary for him to know that there are people out there that will hurt him and that they’ve already got their suspicions.

Thank you for listening to my drunken rambling. I’m not sure I would have put up with it if the situations were reversed.

As far as the proposition…maybe if we run into each other in another life.

Chloe

“No,” Lex said aloud, almost losing his grip on the sheet. “No!”

A light rapping came at the door and Lex turned his head to see an older housekeeper peeking her head in.

“Is everything alright, Mr. Luthor?”

“No,” Lex said, thankful that he at least had his pajama bottoms on to spare himself and the woman any embarrassment. He took a couple of steps toward the door. “The woman who stayed here last night ---”

“Miss Sullivan?” the woman asked.

Lex squared his jaw, bristling at the thought that his father had sent for Chloe to come to the house so many times that some of the wait staff knew her by name.

“What time did she leave?” he finally asked.

“I – I’m not sure,” the woman admitted. “A few hours maybe?”

“Shit.”

It was too late to catch her.

To late to save her.

To late to do *anything*.

His cell phone rang from where he had placed it in the end table drawer the night before and the housekeeper quietly closed the door behind her as she left him to his phone call.

With a somewhat shaky hand, Lex grabbed the phone out of the drawer and flipped it open to answer it.

“Luthor.”

“Son,” Lionel’s voice dripped with deceptively sweet venom. “I didn’t wake you, did I?”

“No.”

“Good. I’m on my way to the house now, but it seems there’s a bit of a hold up – in Smallville no less, if you can believe it – so I’ll be a little later than I originally planned.”

Lex’s eyes closed of their own volition as a shiver passed through him.

“Where are you?”

“Oh – um – about a half of a mile from that bridge you nearly killed yourself on a few years ago,” Lionel said absently. “Ah – it looks like there’s a police officer coming by and talking to the drivers. I’ll have to call you back.”

Lex hung up the phone and swallowed, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself down. Chloe was dead and the people she had been trying to get away from probably wouldn’t even care.

I’m sure you’ll do what you feel is the right thing.

Lex’s eyes opened as the words from Chloe’s note echoed in his mind.

By giving him the evidence against Clark, she had left him in charge of her memory. She had to have known what he would do.

She *had* to.

Which meant that even if it was inadvertent, her last action had been to use him to seek vengeance against those who had driven her over the edge.

An evil, lopsided smirk barely raised one corner of Lex’s mouth.

Thankfully for her, he didn’t mind being used – at least not for what she had in mind.

His phone rang again and he clicked it on, holding it up to his ear to answer it. No doubt it would be the news that he was already expecting, but at least he could manage it this time.

“Luthor.”

“They’re not letting anyone pass on the bridge. Apparently someone decided to copy your little stunt and drive off of it,” Lionel said irritably.

“Did they say who it was?”

“No – and they haven’t been able to find a body yet, only the car – hence the reason for the bridge being locked off as a crime scene,” Lionel replied in a griping voice. “Listen, son – I’m afraid it’s either turning back toward Metropolis and taking the helicopter over later or sitting in that damn coffee shop you own while I wait for Smallville’s inept police department to hurry up, so…”

Lex blinked once as he absorbed the information.

No body.

No body meant that she may have taken his advice after all and the note…

Excitedly, he rushed out a curt goodbye to his father and hung up the phone.

Chloe Sullivan would get her vengeance.

And then he would get her – whoever she had become.

The End

vardaquareien
9th November 2003, 00:10
You know what I'm about to say don't you! The end of this one simply screams SEQUAL!!! :blinkkiss: The whole chapter was great but the ending was magnificent!

Chloe Sullivan would get her vengeance.

And then he would get her – whoever she had become. :drool: mmmm I love the idea of him "getting" her! :satanwink: This wonderful last line definately deserves a sequal.

Love your work as always!

tigerbaby
9th November 2003, 00:11
Kris!! I don't know whether to kiss you or to kill you!!

I loved it and I don't. It's short which makes it perfect but then there's a part of me that is unsatisfied and wants more but that might ruin things. Am I making any sense?

You know what? Never mind. I loved it. Plain and simple.

asharnanae
9th November 2003, 00:13
:biggrin: great ending. I hope chole did survive and lex finds her. :worship2:

hfce
9th November 2003, 00:36
Wow that was wow. :ohmy:

Hope :huh:

Hekate
9th November 2003, 01:21
A great story!

The whole story was very emotional and had me engrossed from the first line but the ending was like a shot of caffiene it had me buzzing for more.

autumngold
9th November 2003, 01:56
I'm horrible and rotten I'll admit, but I really don't want that to be the end!! Maybe a future fic about Lex finding Chloe? Chloe is a lot stronger than I am, if I woke up naked next to Lex I'd have to take advantage of the situation!! :biggrin: Thank you for the story, it's incredible!! :chlexsign1:

Calliope
9th November 2003, 03:21
I just know Lex is going to find Chloe again, whatever her name will be. It's destiny, I say. Destiny!! :chlexsign2:

Val
9th November 2003, 03:32
OMG that was awesome!
See you REALLY need to get a sequel started! Loved it!

WolviesLover
9th November 2003, 04:09
Whoa. That was just awesome. You should write a sequel! Pleeeease? I'll give you preeesents... :gift:

happy bunny
9th November 2003, 05:26
Oh, wow. I love it! This was so great, I really loved it.

You know, I wouldn't mind a sequel... (hint, hint)

Lulucifer
9th November 2003, 06:21
That was amazing....
Although i do think (along with a few other people here) that we need a sequal, pretty please.... :wub:
:chlexsign4:

Susie Q
9th November 2003, 06:43
Originally posted by tigerbaby@Nov 8 2003, 03:11 PM
Kris!! I don't know whether to kiss you or to kill you!!

I loved it and I don't. It's short which makes it perfect but then there's a part of me that is unsatisfied and wants more but that might ruin things. Am I making any sense?

It makes sense and I think I totally get where you're coming from Aimee. Yet I can't help but feel compelled to jump on the 'we want a sequel' bandwagon http://www.websmileys.com/sm/fam/fam32.gif. I can't help it, I wanna know! :yay2:

sara_noele
9th November 2003, 15:19
hint, hint, hint... can't you hear the sequel screaming!!

Love the story totally. :wub:

randa
9th November 2003, 16:55
god that was great, but too short :biggrin: !

randa

buffiy18
9th November 2003, 22:20
I saw you posted on FF.net and noticed "complete" and 2 chapters in the heading. I was soooooooooooo disappointed. The first chapter was great and this looked like a promising story. Then you end it in two chapters!!!

THEN I came here to actually read it... OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder you are one of my favorite authors... you are Great! The way you were able to write such a great fic in 2 chapters ... but so wonderfully done too. OMG! I just loved this. While reading I was hoping Chloe would choose the "new life" suggestion Lex had given her :biggrin: I love the note she left with the package
As far as the proposition…maybe if we run into each other in another life.
This is hinting to a sequal!!! If not then it's still a wonderful story as a stand alone. Thanks for updating with such a wonderful conclusion. :chlexsign3:

georgee5
10th November 2003, 00:15
If you don't write a sequel to "Used" I will never be your friend again. I'm all "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when I see that's it's so short, so I'll toss in my own 'pretty please' for a sequel.

:chlexsign3:

Shay
6th December 2003, 05:35
What the....Who the.... When the.. hell are you gonna write the sequel?

I'll be waiting!

Shay

MissMed03
7th December 2003, 03:48
I really liked this, you should make a sequel.

gina
10th December 2004, 05:59
:yay:

That was awesome! I was really scared Chloe had gone through with her plan but was pleasantly surprised by her method of revenge. And I loved the ambiguous ending, just perfect!

becky
24th December 2004, 00:24
:biggrin:

that was really well done. very intense, and i kinda liked where you left it...

still wouldn't mind a sequel though!!

~Becky~
:chlexsign3:

starmoon
15th March 2005, 08:52
This is great but sad.

slyflame
4th May 2005, 18:43
That just screams for a sequel! I loved the intensity, the understanding between them. I liked that it seemed to be so real. The dialogue, the plot, everything was very canonic.

pipersmum
20th May 2005, 01:27
wow that has been left open for a sequel what a great story really hope you write one :P You are my favourite Chlex writer ;)

darkangel
5th July 2005, 03:20
It was very sad but i loved it.

starmoon
6th October 2005, 20:06
i still love this story but i wish you would writ a squeal to it were lex and chloe end up together and happy.

txalb
18th November 2005, 04:09
I don’t know what it is about the angsty stories that have me coming back for more. This is just beautiful. I love it. I especially like seeing Chloe’s thoughts as she decides what to do. Very interesting.

Thanks for writing.

txalb

starmoon
18th November 2005, 19:42
i love this story please make a squel to it.

malugargula
21st November 2005, 06:47
What a wonderful story
:)
I loved it
But now I need a sequel or I'll never sleep again wondering if they will meet again... Can you please help me and make a sequel?
;)

spaceboi's pixie
29th November 2005, 14:49
SEQUAL PLEASE!!!anyway great fic am happy that she didn't do it want more please tina

SianUrsula
4th February 2006, 22:49
Yeah!! Great story. Chloe would never top herself, she's got way too much sass! How good would a sequel be... hint hint

sinecure
13th February 2006, 12:26
I love the angsty stories more than I could ever explain, so this was just a treat to read. You got Lex and Chloe's characters down pretty well. :)

Kaimore
28th April 2006, 06:15
Wow this was wonderfully sad. And beautiful!

starmoon
18th July 2006, 07:57
please write a sequel i reqally would love one.

SVfan1286
25th October 2007, 04:03
Incrediable story...I'm so sad that you don't write Chlex fanfiction anymore, but this was an amazing fic...only two chapters but completely fullfilling to read. I wish there was a sequel, but I suppose that's what my imagination is for.

I loved it, and all of your stories!!!

Tanschana
9th June 2008, 06:43
mmmhhhhhh
I like!
I like a lot!
I really like a lot!

MSedOpportunity
18th July 2008, 05:57
The end? Really? Since it appears people have been asking for a sequel since 2003, to no avail, I won't bother to do the same. I like the ending though. Hopeful. I didn't want Chloe to kill herself!

Reese
30th July 2008, 04:17
*sigh*

So I guess we're not getting a sequel then? ;)

Great story. I could see Chloe taking this approach, feeling so hopeless that she had no other options. Loved that you left it open in the end though. Just the possibility that she might still be alive gives me hope.

elementia
8th October 2009, 11:14
loved it!!!

Ami Rose
11th February 2015, 06:22
Nice fic!