PDA

View Full Version : New version of vBulletin, the forum software

Julie
2nd April 2010, 11:53
Vbulletin, which is the name of the software this forum runs on, recently released a brand new version of their software, 4.0. NS currently runs on 3.8.

vBulletin is no longer supporting the 3.x series, so I will have to update the forum and the licence to be able to continue running vBulletin in the future.

Once NS' licence expires, I will have to pay for an update to my 3.x licence, to a 4.0 licence. This will cost me some, but with your continued financial support, that will be fine :)

I am going to try and get the new version of the board updated today.

That means that the board will be closed for some periods of time while I do the upgrading, and you may stumble upon a lot of errors while I am doing the upgrading.

Also, when the upgrade is complete, the board will look a little different than what it currently does. There will most likely be new features as well.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you guys.

And thank you to everyone for your continued financial support, whether it's a paid subscription, or just clicking on the ads. Every little bit helps! :)

TODO LIST

- Fix ads for paid subscription users
- Video archive
- TV & Radio hack
- Fix themes
- NS Chat

Julie
2nd April 2010, 13:56
The new boards are now up and running. There are some smaller kinks I have to take care of before it's working 100% like intended. For an example, ALL members are seeing Google Ads. I'm working on taking care of those quirks at the moment. Also, none of the old styles/skins/themes are working properly, so you'll have to hang in there with the default style at the moment :)

All of the extra features are disabled until I can upgrade them to the latest version compatible with version 4 as well. (Example the Top 5 Stats that used to be on the top of the forums on the main page is one of those extra features that is currently disabled)

somethingeasy
2nd April 2010, 17:11
The new boards are now up and running. There are some smaller kinks I have to take care of before it's working 100% like intended. For an example, ALL members are seeing Google Ads. I'm working on taking care of those quirks at the moment. Also, none of the old styles/skins/themes are working properly, so you'll have to hang in there with the default style at the moment :)

All of the extra features are disabled until I can upgrade them to the latest version compatible with version 4 as well. (Example the Top 5 Stats that used to be on the top of the forums on the main page is one of those extra features that is currently disabled)

ooh, the new forum board certainly looks VERY pretty. I still have to get used to how it all works, but it all looks awesome so far :D

Avalanche
2nd April 2010, 17:32
Will we no longer have the chat? Or the third party one that superag embedded?

superag
2nd April 2010, 18:30
I have a feeling its just in the waiting stages until Julie gets all the new stuff to jive with the old setup. That would be my extent of computer lingo. But I have faith that she will find a way for us to communicate live again soon.

lexie
2nd April 2010, 18:34
A revamping from time to time is always nice. We'll just have to be patient until Julie gets everything up and running.

Julie
2nd April 2010, 19:30

You'll have a chat, at least the one superag supplies us with.

It's like what the guys are saying, I just need a bit of time to get everything to work properly again :) Most of the extra features, like the chat, are coded for the 3.x series, and not for the 4.x, where there's been a lot of change in the code :) Just need to find the new updated versions of everything :)

Avalanche
2nd April 2010, 20:46
lols...I understand, Julie! But you know how we NS-ers are addicted to the sweet sweet crack of the chat ;)

sinecure
2nd April 2010, 20:48
Ooooo, I like it. I'm a huge fan of the simple, clean styles of board layouts. Good luck getting it all working. :)

Julie
2nd April 2010, 20:56
lols...I understand, Julie! But you know how we NS-ers are addicted to the sweet sweet crack of the chat ;)

Hehe, I understand :D I'm slowly working my way through all the extra features now, so I hope to find a new version of the chat, or another chat I can use :)

chachica2009
2nd April 2010, 21:30
i like the new setup but will it be similar when the custom backgrounds eventually get up?

Julie
2nd April 2010, 21:35
i like the new setup but will it be similar when the custom backgrounds eventually get up?

I have to manually fix all the custom backgrounds as the entire code is different on this version, but I'll work on setting them up as soon as possible :)

lexie
2nd April 2010, 21:56
I have to manually fix all the custom backgrounds as the entire code is different on this version, but I'll work on setting them up as soon as possible :)

I imagine you're working with the codes right now because a few minutes ago the homepage looked a lot like this :D:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '[path]/includes/mgc_cb_evo/plugins.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 1

Julie
2nd April 2010, 21:58
I imagine you're working with the codes right now because a few minutes ago the homepage looked a lot like this :D:

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '[path]/includes/mgc_cb_evo/plugins.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in [path]/global.php(29) : eval()'d code on line 1

Yup, just messing with the code :) That one belongs to the old chat, which I'm trying to remove, but it's a bit sticky, lol!

hfce
3rd April 2010, 00:30
EEEK! It's different. :P

momdaegmorgan
3rd April 2010, 01:47
The new layout looks very nice. And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of change. :)

Julie
3rd April 2010, 12:28
EEEK! It's different. :P

Haha, is that good or bad Hope? :D

The new layout looks very nice. And this is coming from someone who isn't a fan of change. :)

Glad you like it! :)

The ads should now be gone for all paying members, as well as guests. If you come across an advertisement somewhere, and you're a paying member, send me a PM with the link to the page where you see the advertisement(s) and I'll take care of it ASAP :)

Julie
3rd April 2010, 14:29

The chat is now implemented properly :) You can reach it at

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/chat.php

Or by clicking on 'NS Chat' in the navigational menu right below the logo.

MelBee1985
3rd April 2010, 16:36
Damn! Totally new! I feel like I'm on a new forum :p

Really like the new policy Julie, by the way (even if I'm almost close to be a lurker... I mean lately). I hope it force people to post a little bit more :)

Julie
3rd April 2010, 16:52
Damn! Totally new! I feel like I'm on a new forum :p

Really like the new policy Julie, by the way (even if I'm almost close to be a lurker... I mean lately). I hope it force people to post a little bit more :)

As long as you post once a month you'll be fine :P But I hope you'll stick around more often once you're done with school ;)

Snowe
8th April 2010, 22:41
The new software looks great--I can't wait for the themes to be back, though. Thanks for your hard work!

westwingwolf
9th April 2010, 02:41
I just realized that the form letter type stuff that was saved in the previous PM message stuff has been lost. Oh well, I have a copy of it somewhere in some form or another. But I don't think there is an option to save it again. But other than that, I'm good with the how the board looks.

ChloeLovesLex
9th April 2010, 07:02
Whoa! Haven't been here in a while and I got scared for a minute there thinking my NS crack had been stolen from me.

lj715
9th April 2010, 10:42
Wow, I haven't been here in a while...what a change.

veronica525
23rd April 2010, 18:58
I've finally taken the time to see all that's new. Wow, what a change! Not that it's a bad thing. Just needing to get used to it. I wanted to catch up on Lexie's fic Back from the Dead and can't yet because I'm now labeled a lurker :( I'll figure it all out soon enough though :)

lexie
23rd April 2010, 21:01
I've finally taken the time to see all that's new. Wow, what a change! Not that it's a bad thing. Just needing to get used to it. I wanted to catch up on Lexie's fic Back from the Dead and can't yet because I'm now labeled a lurker :( I'll figure it all out soon enough though :)

You should be able to read it now since you've automatically delurked by posting this message.

malugargula
24th April 2010, 21:42
Hi guys. I didn`t come here in more than a month and now I`m a lurker. So I asked Lexie what had happened and she explained to me the new rules and how to delurk. I don`t have much time to read fics anymore (and it`s so sad because I love reading fics) but I`ll try not to stay more than a month away from here.
Thanks
Malu

niala85
25th April 2010, 09:12
I've not been online for ages so it was a bit of a surprise to see the change.
I love the new look and the feel of the site.

malugargula
27th May 2010, 19:20
Delurking again
I miss having time to come here everyday
:(

malugargula
11th August 2010, 01:32
Delurking again
:(

lexie
11th August 2010, 01:45
Welcome back, Malu!