PDA

View Full Version : Problems logging in?/Problems with your account? READ THIS!

Julie
20th March 2010, 14:51
If you're not having problems logging in, it might be because you have checked the 'remember me' box and are automatically signed in when you go to the forums. If you log out, and try to log back in again, you might get some problems. If you do, simply follow the steps below.

If you're experiencing problems with logging in to the forums, try the following steps:

Clear out your browser history and cache. And then close your browser window(s), and start a new one.

How to do this various in browsers varies, but in Firefox it's:

Tools, Clear Recent History,

Time range to clear: Everything

Click on the details arrow button to get a more detailed list of what you can delete. And then check of all the checkboxes, click on the 'clear now' button, close all the tabs if you have any, and then close Firefox entirely and start a new one after it's closed. Then try logging in again.

In Google Chrome*:

Click on the wrench tool icon on the top right, then alternatives, click on the tab advanced, click on the button 'delete browser data', make sure that at least 'delete cookies and other data' and 'delete/empty cache' is checked, and set the 'remove data from this period' to everything.

In Internet Explorer*:

Safety, delete readerlog (the first alternative on the list), make SURE you UNcheck the first checkbox that says something like 'keep the data for websites in my favourites/bookmarks', if you don't you won't delete the cache and cookies for your bookmarked sites, and you need to delete those two. Make sure that at least cache and cookies are checked. Then click the button "delete".

*I have Explorer and Chrome in Norwegian, so the menu options may be named differently as I've simply tried to translate them from Norwegian to English.

If you still have problems after doing the above steps, please contact me directly at juliehoaas @ gmail . com . I might not be able to answer you right away though because I work full time now, but I'll take a look at your account ASAP and try to help you directly. Make sure you send me the e-mail from an account you read/check often and where my address/mail won't get into the spam filter :)

Julie
21st March 2010, 16:07
If you notice anything wrong with your account, contact me ASAP and I will try to fix it. It has come to my attention that other user accounts have also been affected by this hack, not just the admin group which I originally thought.

sinecure
22nd March 2010, 06:17
I keep getting logged out every time I leave here though I've checked the Remain Logged In option. I'm able to log in, but it's getting annoying to have to log back in each time.

Julie
22nd March 2010, 09:30
I keep getting logged out every time I leave here though I've checked the Remain Logged In option. I'm able to log in, but it's getting annoying to have to log back in each time.

Did you try the above steps with clearing your cache and cookies? Try logging out, clearing your cache and cookies, close the browser, re-start the browser, navigate to the forums and log in, and check the remember me box if it's not already checked off... See if that helps. If not, let me know and I'll snoop around on your account more closely when I get home from work :)

Ultra
22nd March 2010, 10:12
When I came on yesterday afternoon I'd been logged out too, which is weird because it never logs me out usually, unless the comp crashes or something... Everything seems fine now though :)

Julie
22nd March 2010, 10:59
When I came on yesterday afternoon I'd been logged out too, which is weird because it never logs me out usually, unless the comp crashes or something... Everything seems fine now though :)

You most likely got logged out because I changed the name of the cookie. But, as long as things are working for you now, it's good :D

westwingwolf
22nd March 2010, 13:47
I cleaned out the cookies and cashe, checked the Remember Me and still I have to log in again every time I come to the site.

Julie
22nd March 2010, 16:13
I cleaned out the cookies and cashe, checked the Remember Me and still I have to log in again every time I come to the site.

Silly question perhaps, but did you re-start the browser?

As long as the cookie is regenerated, it should have the "remember me" state in it...

sinecure
22nd March 2010, 20:04
Clearing the cache and cookies seems to have worked for me... but I thought it was fixed last night too, then it started doing it again after I restarted Firefox.

*crosses fingers*

westwingwolf
23rd March 2010, 01:55
Silly question perhaps, but did you re-start the browser?

As long as the cookie is regenerated, it should have the "remember me" state in it...

Yeah, I restarted the browser.

Julie
23rd March 2010, 11:08
Yeah, I restarted the browser.

Hm. Do you experience this problem on other places? The only thing I can think of is that it's set in the browser itself to NOT save cookies, meaning you'll be logged out when you close the browser window.

I don't think there's any setting in the actual database for it, but I can take a look at it tonight just in case :)

westwingwolf
23rd March 2010, 14:50
Hm. Do you experience this problem on other places? The only thing I can think of is that it's set in the browser itself to NOT save cookies, meaning you'll be logged out when you close the browser window.

I don't think there's any setting in the actual database for it, but I can take a look at it tonight just in case :)

I have it set to allow cookies to specifically NS. However, every time I close the browser and reopen it, it still asks me to sign in. I even reset my homepage tabs thinking that was the problem and it still didn't work.

I've checked other places I'm always signed in and they still remain signed in even though I never signed out when I cleared my cookies and cache before.

ETA: I just checked it using Firefox instead of IE and it didn't save even though it asked me to save and I said yes.

ETA: If I leave the site open and don't do anything and then click refresh, it will kick me back out.