PDA

View Full Version : NS Valentine's Day Weekend 2010!

Julie
10th February 2010, 21:31
NS Valentine’s Day Weekend!

In light of the upcoming Valentine’s Day weekend, we here at NS thought we would make our own spin on it! NS Valentine’s Day Weekend! Valentine’s Day is all about showing appreciation and love. So show your appreciation and love for the users who contribute artwork, fanfictions and alike to our Community.

Take a moment to comment on your favourite artwork, fanfiction chapter or perhaps even a music video. It won’t take you long, but will give the creator/author a lot of joy!

And to make things even more tempting, and me sharing some love from my side of NS, I am giving away free paid subscription days to those who comment and spread the love!

All you have to do is post a comment where you haven’t commented before* on a fanfiction (either a chapter, or a whole story at once if it’s completed), a music video thread** or an artwork thread.

This promotion will last the entire Valentine’s Day weekend, from February 12th 2010 (starting at midnight Oslo, Norway time) to February 14th 2010 (ending at midnight Oslo, Norway time)***.

Now, how does this work actually?

You comment and gather points! 2 points equals 1 day of the free paid sub subscription.

You comment, comment, and comment some more! The moderators will keep an eye on the posts made during the time period of the 12th to the 14th. We count the number of posts you make during this time period in the respective forums and divide that number by 2 to get the number of free paid subscription days you will get. Then I add that number to your account once the Valentine’s Day Weekend is finished.

Which paid subscription are we talking about here?

The paid subscription you will receive is the Gold Paid Subscription. You can read more about it here: http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6173

What if I get an odd number, like 5 points?

If you get an odd number, like for an example 5 points, then I will add two and a half day of the paid subscription to your account.

You will also get a little badge you can put in your signature if you want to, that says "I shared the love in the NS Valentine’s Day Weekend".

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask either myself or Skauble :)

* Comments on previous chapters are allowed (but not counted). For an example, you’re reading a story and you’ve already commented on chapters 1-5 before, and now chapter 6 is posted and you comment on chapter 6. You will then get 1 point. Also, if chapter 6 is posted before February 12th 2010, but you haven’t commented on it yet, but you comment after the 12th, you will get a point.

** Only the music video forums apply, and not the Video Directory.

*** If you look at the bottom of the forum homepage (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/), you will see "All times are GMT+1. The time is now ...) if you haven’t set the forum clock according to your own time zone. The time stated there is the time in Norway.

momdaegmorgan
10th February 2010, 21:42
This is a great idea!

As a writer I love recieving feedback (even if it's constructive criticism) and as a reader I love knowing that I helped make an author's (or artist's) day by reviewing their hard work (though I've definitely been slacking with this in recent months).

lexie
10th February 2010, 21:54
This is a really nice idea. Hopefully, the concept of showing love through feedback will stick beyond St Valentine's. Let's make it feel like St Valentine's all year long, people! And this here is a very nice start.:P

Ultra
10th February 2010, 22:31
This sounds like a fun idea! Good plan, Julie :D

maja
11th February 2010, 00:25
Great idea!

Julie
11th February 2010, 07:27
I'm glad you guys like the idea! :) Hopefully it'll be a hit once the weekend comes! ;)

lexie
11th February 2010, 08:13
Apart from using the different channels available to promote this, I think it'd be advisable to post an announcement with a link to this thread below the header on the homepage- it'd provide it with more visibility.

Esther25jm
11th February 2010, 22:32
This is a wonderful idea! :D

Kit Merlot
12th February 2010, 03:45
What an awesome and Valentine-y idea:grin3:

Julie
12th February 2010, 07:17
Alrighty, it's 6am in Norway, meaning that the NS Valentine's Day Weekend has begun! (If any one was wondering if it had begun or not)... So comment, comment and comment guys! :D

And thanks for the comments, glad you guys like it! ;)

somethingeasy
12th February 2010, 19:38
What a cute idea!
This is another great innovation in a long line of great innovations to keep the forum jumping, happy and active, Julie :D

Julie
14th February 2010, 13:57
What a cute idea!
This is another great innovation in a long line of great innovations to keep the forum jumping, happy and active, Julie :D

I try ;)

All right, today's Sunday, the 14th, meaning the last day in this special event! So make sure you comment like you've never commented before!

It's at the moment, 12:57pm, meaning there's plenty of time left until midnight Oslo, Norway time to comment and spread the love ;)

Remember, for every 2 points (comments) you gather, you get one FREE day of the gold paid subscription added to your account! :)

Julie
15th February 2010, 07:16
All right, it's now 6am here, meaning that the NS Valentine's Day Weekend is now officially over!

I want to thank everyone who participated, and I hope you had fun, and saw that commenting on the work here doesn't take you that long ;)

I will be handing out the days ASAP! It may be either later tonight, around 9-10pm Oslo, Norway time, or tomorrow sometime after work :) I will also send you a PM with how many points you collected, and how many days that translates into!

Again, thanks for participating, and I hope you look forward to our next event ;)

Julie
15th February 2010, 07:53
And here's the little banner thing if anyone wants to have it in their signature or other places :)

This image is excluded from the forum signature rules.

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/misc/ISharedTheLove.jpg

To use it here on NS, copy the following code where you want it displayed.

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/misc/ISharedTheLove.jpg

If you want to display it other places, please save the image to your own space! :)

Julie
23rd February 2010, 19:01
Hey guys, just wanted to update you a little. I know I am WAY overdue on giving out your paid subscription days, I've just been trying to minimize my usage on the computer when I don't have to be on it because I've got a case of mouse-arm/repetitive strain injury. Which is a bit painful sometimes :/ And the best cure for it at the moment, for me, is to just take it easy and give my arms the needed rest!

BUT, I haven't forgotten about this, I have it on a post-it note on my screen :D, I just need to give my arms some time to heal, so that it doesn't get worse! :(

Sorry for being slow guys!

lexie
23rd February 2010, 19:06
Hey guys, just wanted to update you a little. I know I am WAY overdue on giving out your paid subscription days, I've just been trying to minimize my usage on the computer when I don't have to be on it because I've got a case of mouse-arm/repetitive strain injury. Which is a bit painful sometimes :/ And the best cure for it at the moment, for me, is to just take it easy and give my arms the needed rest!

BUT, I haven't forgotten about this, I have it on a post-it note on my screen :D, I just need to give my arms some time to heal, so that it doesn't get worse! :(

Oh! Take care and get better soon.

Ultra
23rd February 2010, 20:34

Aaw, hope you feel better soon, Julie. You work so hard for us here at NS, and we appreciate it, but we don't want you to suffer for it!

Julie
2nd March 2010, 19:41
Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it a lot that you are such a kind and patient bunch ;)

I've finally managed to get all the paid subscription days added to people's account. You will have received a PM from me, with the date and time your subscription is active.

If anyone has any questions/problems with their subscriptions, PM me ASAP and I will take a look :) The system has it's quirks sometimes!

Julie
3rd March 2010, 14:32
And a final note:

When your paid subscription is active, you might have to go into your UserCP at this link:

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/profile.php?do=editusergroups

And choose Identify me as a member of this group on the NS Gold Member, so that the features will be activated for you :)