PDA

View Full Version : [Christmas] How Chloe Saved Christmas (PG13) (NS Advent Calendar 2009) - Reviews

Julie
25th November 2009, 12:36
After reading each chapter every day, be sure to write up your reviews here! :)

The story will only be available at the NS Advent Calendar website (http://network.naughty-seduction.net/advent/)!

The prelude can be found at our blog (http://blog.naughty-seduction.net/), and our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naughty-SeductionNet-Network/344702385703)!

hfce
26th November 2009, 07:19
I just read the prelude. It sounds good so far. Good luck Chloe in changing Lex's mind. You are going to need it. :rofl:

somethingeasy
26th November 2009, 07:45
I just read the prelude, and it was so much fun. I really liked how the text seemed to resonate with a rhythm that seemed so much like Dr. Suess's writing. I don't know whether that was just for the prelude or whether it's going to carried forward throughout all the upcoming chapters, but it was lovely!

heh... I look forward to seeing what kind of plan Chloe is hatching :D

Julie
26th November 2009, 14:15
Thanks for the reviews guys! :) Glad you like it so far! Kimbo's been working hard on the story, so I'm sure she'll appreciate your reviews as soon as the chapters go up!

As usual, there will be a small comment form on each entry on the NS Advent Calendar website so that you can leave shorter comments, but if you want to leave a longer, perhaps quoted, review I kindly ask you to do so here! :)

The next chapter will be up on December 1st, but if you're a fan of NS on facebook, you'll get it first ;)

lexie
26th November 2009, 17:13
Nice teaser. I´m really curious to find out what plans Chloe´s got in store to make Lex change his mind.:grin3:

daria_103
27th November 2009, 02:06
Great start, I'm really looking forward to seeing this play out.

It's funny it kind of matches how I'm feeling this year, last Christmas was rubbish for me and a lot of my friends and family so this year I'm totally overdosing on Christmas spirit and forcing it on everyone - they're going to enjoy it if it kills me :) I might be able to steal some good ideas from this fic lol.

I love the advent calendar, the stories and icons and everything on it are always brilliant, from the prelude it looks like this year will be no different.

slayer44
28th November 2009, 00:54
Ahhh that was such a good little tease. Yay for Chloe to the rescue! I can't wait to read the rest of the story :)

hfce
2nd December 2009, 02:20
Review for chapter 1:

I love this story already. I love how he kept correcting her and saying 11 and a half years of friendship. LOL!! He is such a sap. I have a feeling Chloe does it just to hear him say it. LOL!!! The scene in the elevator had me singing "You're a mean one Mr Grinch. LOL!! He was so channeling him when he wanted to take away Christmas. I can't wait to see how this plays out. To Chloe I wish you good luck. You are so going to need it. LOL!! :rofl:

MelBee1985
2nd December 2009, 03:41
Up to chapter 2: It's cute, very light. I wonder how Chloe is going to make him like Christmas. She seems very happy-go-lucky, like the Chloe we used to know and love in early seasons, so I love that. And hopefully this will influence Lex ;)

Kit Merlot
2nd December 2009, 03:43
Read the first two chapters, and I love how Chloe's trying to break through Lex's depression to help him have a beautiful Christmas season.

I can understand his not wanting to remember the Christmases he had as a child especially because of the death of his mom and brother but it's time for him to face that pain and to get through it somehow.

Excellent work on this fic and I look forward to Chloe's de-Scrooging Lex:D

hfce
2nd December 2009, 03:54
Chapter 2:

LOL!! I loved chapter two. Man I would pay 1 million to see Lex at a Walmart and pushing a cart. LOL!! Chloe is determined to get him in the Christmas spirit. I love how she never listens to what he says. That gift on his desk is proof of that. LOL!!

kimbo
2nd December 2009, 04:07
Thanks so much guys! i'm glad you're enjoying this story!

somethingeasy
2nd December 2009, 19:49
I’m sorry it took me a while to review the new chapters. But better late than never, right? *hopeful, speepish grin* RIGHT?!

Chapter One

I really enjoyed the beginning of the chapter highlighting with exactly how much jarring, sharp loathing Lex Luthor despises all elements of the Christmas celebrations. LOL! I could easily imagine a tic in the corner of his eyes every time he heard a overly chirpy ‘good morning, Mr Luthor’ that morning on the first of December. I don’t know who I feel more sorry for… Lex or his employees, who might be going home with a pink slip by Christmas.

But then again, Lex seems to be keeping himself back from snapping at people… so I guess I don’t need to worry about his employees… certainly not now that Chloe has made it her personal agenda to make Lex feel BETTER about Christmas… whether he wants to or not!

LOL! Speaking of which, the end of the chapter was really a lot of fun seeing Chloe wheedling and whining her way into Lex saying ‘yes’ against his better judgment. Actually, Lex seems to be suspiciously and worryingly susceptible to people whining at him to give in to their demands… whether it’s Clark, Lana or Chloe.

But at least I trust Chloe’s judgment over Lex’s… so giving into HER demands is all fine! LOL!

Chapter Two

ROTFLMAO! Oh dear me… chapter two was EVIL!! And I loved it!

First of all, I really enjoyed the way that Lex’s elitist inner-snob was revealed in its full melodramatic glory. LOL! It was really fun seeing Lex sneering up at the fifteen foot tree and calling it ‘kinda small’. And I cannot describe the hilarity I enjoyed seeing Lex snarling and spitting out the word ‘Walmart’ as a synonym for pigsty, or something equally disgusting. LOL!

Heh… and I’m certain that Chloe took a huge amount of sadistic pleasure in forcing Lex through this alien environment of a plebeian department store. Especially since she dragged him over to the tackiest kind of item… a swinging hips Santa. ROTFLMAO! Oh dear, how embarrassed Lex was for both of them (all three of them if you count the Santa figure too), LOL!

*happy sigh* the ending was really poignant and sweet. I really enjoyed how the mood of the fic changed during the end from capered, hilarity filled adventure to something sentimental and powerfully emotional. It was at THIS moment where I fully appreciated the genius of Chloe’s plan. She plans to reach the celebratory deprived child within Lex and give him exactly the kind of schmoopy, tacky, nostalgic and PERFECT kind of Christmas that he’s always dreamt about, but never admitted to wanting… not even to himself.

I can’t wait to see what other tricks Chloe has up her sleeve to fulfil Lex’s deepest, hidden desire for a Christmas celebration, but I know it’s going to be damned fun to read.

I look forward to the next posting :D

Ultra
3rd December 2009, 20:09
Just read the Prelude and Chapters 1 & 2, and so far I have to say... I Love It! :D

Poor Lex has really suffered at Christmas in the past, so I can totally understand why he wouldn't be a fan. At the same time, I see Chloe's point. Holding onto the past and making yourself miserable is no good. Lex should try to embrace the happiness of Christmas now he is older, and she seems determined that he's going too!

Imagining Lex shopping at Wal-Mart is beyond bizarre, and its pretty strange to think of him stringing popcorn and decorating his own tree, but I do love it! The sight of the tree all pretty seemed to make him smile at least - Chloe's plan is bound to work.

How did I know that dancing Santa was going to be there whether Lex wanted it or not? Chloe is so sneaky! :P lol

Love this and can't wait for the next chapter to appear! :D

Julie
3rd December 2009, 22:18
By the way, chapter 3 is already posted up! I've been trying to get it to publish the chapters at around 6pm US time, but I'm having some difficulties, apparently this chapter was posted up 21 hours ago :P LOL! So, bare with me folks as I get this time zone mathematics all figured out!

Ultra
3rd December 2009, 23:09
By the way, chapter 3 is already posted up! I've been trying to get it to publish the chapters at around 6pm US time, but I'm having some difficulties, apparently this chapter was posted up 21 hours ago :P LOL! So, bare with me folks as I get this time zone mathematics all figured out!

I'm with you, Julie, time zones are such a pain when you're over this side of the planet and most other folk are in America! lol

Anyway, LOVE the new chapter! :D How cute was Lex carrying Chloe to the bedroom and tucking her in? And watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer together - that was adorable! :) I cannot stop smiling, and now I can't wait for tomorrow to read Chapter 4! Kimbo, you are making me very happy with your sweet story :)

Julie
3rd December 2009, 23:23
I'm with you, Julie, time zones are such a pain when you're over this side of the planet and most other folk are in America! lol

Normally it's not that big of a problem, but I have to factor in that the servers that NS are hosted on are in the UK, meaning one hour BEHIND me, and ... yeah... This makes me a bit dizzy :P LOL! Hopefully, if I've done it right, Dec 4th chapter SHOULD be posted up around 6pm US time. I've set it up for 23:59 my time, which should post it at 22:59 UK time because UK's one hour behind me, so then in the US around... 5pm. ... I think... lol.

Just keep checking the site guys, or subscribe to the RSS feed, then you should easily know when new chapters and such are posted :)

Kit Merlot
4th December 2009, 00:48
A fabulous chapter, and this bit:

“I would destroy every last one of them.” Lex commented as he watched the other reindeer laugh at Rudolph.

Absolute gold:D

It always killed me when the reindeer laughed at Rudolph and it makes sense that Lex could identify with that.

Continued excellent work on this story;)

hfce
4th December 2009, 03:37
Chapter 3:

Oh my God that was just to cute for words… I just love how she keeps getting her way. But something tells me that won’t be for long. He will snap and hurt her feelings. I am on pins and needles when that happens. EEK!!:D

Ultra
4th December 2009, 20:56
Oh my God! A kiss and then she bolted and cried! It was perfect and then it was destroyed in a second! Can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens next!

In the meantime, I have to say, I loved the way Chloe got her own way on the party invite, and that she and Lex watched Charlie Brown. I hadn't even think about him maybe liking it because he and the main character are both bald! lol

As I said, looking forward to the next chapter already - kimbo, you're a star! :D

MelBee1985
4th December 2009, 21:08
Like incest? :eek: I hope she doesn't mean that she felt like kissing a brother!

Well now she confused him and she's probably confused as well. Although I sense she might have had a crush on him for long but never dared to act on it. Maybe spirit of christmas gave her a momentarily act of courage.

I wonder if she's crying because she fears she's going to ruin their friendship.

Also, not related to the chapter, but I'm wondering... *just because I'm curious* Are Clark, Lois and *ugh* Lana going to appear? Not that I really want to see them.. just always curious to know where those people are... like it went AU from where.. the begigning or sometimes in the show?

Anywho, keep going.. :) I want more kisses :D

Kit Merlot
5th December 2009, 03:27
A very interesting update!

First, we have Chloe's jealous of Chanel, and then we have her suddenly kissing him. Could Chloe's feelings for Lex be deeper then either one of them realize?

hfce
5th December 2009, 03:40
Chapter 4:

I loved the first part. Chloe and Lex bantering back and forth . Is classic Chlex.

But the end oh I feel so bad for Chloe. She is in love with him poor baby. :(

itsjustXchar
5th December 2009, 04:56
Chloe lifted her hand and caressed his cheek. “You’re my best friend Lex.” She turned onto her side. “Too much wine.”

Lex lifted the covers over her shoulders. “Night drunky.”

Ahhh....I love it sooo far!
That last bit brought a tear to my eye, yet made me laugh :)

somethingeasy
5th December 2009, 08:28
I’m falling behind again on review :P
Chapter Three

I really enjoyed the chapter beginning with Lex’s secretary cooing over the horrible, tacky Dancing-Santa figurine on Lex’s desk. LOL! He was sooo mad about that! I’m actually quite surprised that he hasn’t thrown away that Santa into the trash as yet… but I guess he’s figured that Chloe’s going to end up getting him two of three Dancing-Santas as replacement if he throws one away… and then six or seven if he throws those three away… kind of like a Santa Hydra monster.

ROTFLMAO! The phone conversation between Chloe and Lex was cute beyond words! I loved the way she teased him, and the way that Lex can’t help but fall for all her baiting, LOL! And I especially enjoyed the evil/clever way that Chloe managed to get Lex to feel grateful that she got him the tacky Dancing-Santa present… since the alternative was decorating his office!

Heh… was Chloe dropping an implied threat over there? Don’t throw away the Santa, or I’ll decorate your office utilizing the gaudiest, tackiest Christmas decorations available on the market…? Evil! LOL!

The evening spent watching the movie was hilarious. I really enjoyed the way that Lex actually found himself identifying with an animated reindeer. He really got into the film, didn’t he? LOL! And then he was providing a structural reflectionist critique of the film, linking it’s concept source to Marxism roots, ROTFLMAO! What fun it is to watch films with Luthors, eh? I wonder what he would make of Snow White.

Awww, and the ending was beyond sweet! It was beautiful seeing how, despite how Lex complains, moans and snipes constantly when in her company, Lex genuinely loves spending time with her… as demonstrated by his fond, familiar gestures when she fell asleep on him.

Actually, Lex’s fondness and affection for Chloe was clear from the very beginning of this fic since he first agreed to this plan to let her torture him over the holiday season. Anyone else would have been killed a day into the holiday month.

Chapter Four

heeee! The new chapter begins with the introduction of an impending Christmas party. Granted, it’s not the close family gathering that one would regard as truly traditional, but a fancy, elitist snob-fest should also be fun… or at least amusing… with good food, LOL!

I loved the way that Chloe whined, cajoled and mock-threatened Lex into taking her as his date for the party. It was even funnier considering that he has been planning on taking her all along, and she didn’t have to expend all that effort into getting herself invited.

LOL! I wonder whether he’s going to tell her later how he made her nearly beg for something he had been planning on giving her all along… it’s not often that Lex pulls a fast one on Chloe, and I think he should enjoy it for all that it’s worth.

I was glad to see that Lex enjoyed the second film he watched with Chloe. I guess movies that don’t involve anthropomorphized animals are considered a little more acceptable? And yes, I do remember Snoopy, but he doesn’t have any lines of dialogue, so perhaps he’s acceptable?

The ending of Chapter four was AWESOME!!! It’s about time that we got some drama and potential angst introduced into this fic :D
Not that I wasn’t enjoying it before the drama… but I’m just enjoying it more now ;)

Anyhow, Chloe’s choice of word, incest, was fascinating. Either she believed that Lex would feel he was being kissed by his sister, or she thought the kiss was just like kissing a brother. Personally, I think it sounds like more the former, but it can go either way… and either way it’s drama, so I’m happy!

Thanks for posting. I look forward to the next chapter. Please update soon!

Kit Merlot
6th December 2009, 03:14
An awesome chapter!

It wasn’t as though he were afraid of Lois, he just wasn’t in the mood to witness her pathetic attempts at roping him into an interview.

This made me smile. The ED version of Lois Lane will forever be known as an incompetent bimbo and hack, while Chloe is a naturally gifted reporter. And I love how Clark's only identity to the Chlex is as Lois' husband. The poor man:P

And I'm loving the subtle romantic turn this lovely fic as taken--continued excellent work on this story.

hfce
6th December 2009, 06:28
Chapter 5:

:rofl: What the hell is she doing? She had a perfect chance to kiss him and tell her feelings. UGH!! She needs to be beaten. :D I love how jealous Lex got with those two men after Chloe. He needs to get over it already and ask her out. They both know they have feelings. Good Lord those two need to be hit with the smart stick. :blinkkiss

hfce
7th December 2009, 08:54
Chapter 6:

This was all kinds of win. :rofl: I loved how she gets him to do things every time. I still have a big smile on my face after reading this update. :D

The first part confused me. I was like what. Then I realized it was a flashback. :p I felt so bad for little Lex. I wish he got to play. But having Chloe in his life has gotten him to be a kid again. I am so glad she took him sledding and got him to make snow angels. They are just to cute together.

:)

somethingeasy
7th December 2009, 19:50
Chapter Five

It was fun to see Lois introduced in this chapter. I already knew that Chloe and Lex have been great, close friends for several years now, and I was wondering how Lois and Clark felt about that friendship; did they approve?

Well, now I see that Lois finds the friendship bewildering as well as distasteful. But at least she manages to restrain herself to making snide comments about Lex, rather than trying to convince Chloe to drop him as a friend. LOL! I get the feeling that Lois gave up trying to convince Chloe to drop Lex’s friendship. Now she’s probably hoping and praying that the two of them remain completely oblivious to the obvious attraction that they both obviously have for each other forever! LOL!

I loved the way that Lex viewed and admired Chloe as she spun her way through the elitist crowd at the Christmas soiree. I do believe that he was actually doting on her, and the amazing way that she managed to charm everyone that she came across... which is really impressive when you consider how most of these people turn cold and wary whenever they come across a reporter. Yet, they knowingly allow this charming, bright journalist pump them for all kinds of juicy articles, all for the pleasure of her company.

ROTFLMAO! Lex was so cute in his insistence that he was not jealous because Chloe paid attention to people men other than himself. Of course, Chloe believes that this is the typically Luthorish possessive jealousy that Lex would exhibit for any friend who happens to neglect him… not acknowledging that there might be something more romantic behind the jealousy rather than typical Luthor possessiveness.

The dance between then was beautiful and sweet, and I felt like swooning by the latter half of it. Heck, I think even Lex and Chloe were close to swooning by the end of that dance. I’m certainly sure that Lex would have said ‘yes’ to anything Chloe could have asked of him at that moment, ‘Lex, kiss me?’ ‘Marry me?’, ‘Buy me an island?’, ‘give me an interview?’, ‘give Lois an interview?’

LOL! Ok, he probably (possibly) might have said ‘no’ to the last request, but even that would have taken effort of will on his part at that moment when he primed to say yes, Yes, YES!

Dammit! And the only thing she asked for pertained to tree decoration?!? Aaargh!!

Chapter Six

squeee! Chapter six was really fun, as well as deliciously long! I loved it!

I really liked the poignant beginning of the chapter setting up the scene… showing Lex’s memory of a moment where he really, REALLY wanted to take part in some of the more ‘plebian’ kind of Christmas activities that all the ‘lower class’ kids indulge in. I think that’s a perfect way to demonstrate how Lex used to yearn for ordinary forms of Christmas pleasures… and how those yearnings and desires were slowly crushed and repressed, first by Lionel, and then by Lex himself.

I don’t know how Chloe has managed to decode all of Lex’s most secret Christmas desires, but she really struck a winner with this idea of a kid’s snow day, LOL!

It was so much fun seeing Lex first being reluctantly dragged into the snow, and then enthusiastically taking to it just like a pre-teen kid. ROTFL! Lex was so cute when acting all grumpy and cynical on the hill, and then eventually losing that battle with his face when his expression turned into a manic grin at all the darned fun he was having. ROTFL! I’m sure Chloe got a very satisfactory thrill seeing Lex grinning like a kid, despite his resolve to maintain his stoic Luthor mask.

And if that wasn’t insane enough, Lex Luthor got into a snowball fight?!? Oh. My. Heavens!! ROTFLMAO!

I thought I was going to die from that kid advising Lex to ‘aim for the head’, since it makes for the easiest target, LOL!

*happy sigh* finishing off the snowy fun with snow-angels is the perfect way to end the day… well, the perfect way to day outside; the truly perfect way to end such a day is to curl up in front of a fire with a cup of hot, thick chocolate… with extra marshmallows!!!

LOL! Great couple of chapters! Thanks for updating, and I look forward to the next posting/s.

Kit Merlot
8th December 2009, 01:27
Two awesome chapters!

The idea of Lex's going sledding makes me smile everytime I think of it:D And the Christmas show was adorable, and thank you Dolly, for helping the Chlex to kiss:grin3:

And this:

“..I’d never thought I say this, but I’m so glad I’m not in the field anymore. I always felt as though she were competing with me.”

made me smile. Yes, I'm sure that Lois was competing with Chloe, but please note, that Chloe knows her cousin is no competition for her;)

hfce
8th December 2009, 05:59
Chapter 7:

:D That is what I looked like through out the whole chapter. I loved everything about it from the festival to the kiss. I can't wait to see how this goes the next day. :D

hfce
9th December 2009, 02:31
Part 8:

Well that was weird continuation. It went from playful fun in the last chapter to confusion. Typical Chloe and Lex behavior. I shouldn't be surprised. ;)

But I liked how agonized Lex was but he is really stupid if he can't see she has feelings for him. Damn he is dumb. :rofl:

At least he was smart to go and take care of her. What ever happens they are still friends. :D

Kit Merlot
9th December 2009, 03:15
So Chloe does have more then platonic feelings for Lex:D That's just lovely! And then Lex just has to realizes that he likes Chloe and then the romance will be on ;)

somethingeasy
9th December 2009, 12:03
Chapter Seven

ROTFLMAO! I was so amused seeing the chapter starting off with Chloe sending Lex what most consider to be the height of communications annoyance, a chain letter! I think Lex would have hired a hitman to kill anyone else who would have dared to send him a chain letter of any sort (much less a cheery holiday festivities chain letter).

ROTFL! And adding insult on top of injury, the chain letter directed Lex to copy it and send it off to ten friends? Ouch! Just what ‘friends’ are we talking about here? Knowing Lex, he’s going to send it off to his most hated business partners, and leave them scratching their heads and gritting their teeth wondering at what kind of hidden meaning is he trying to impart to them, LOL!

I liked Lex’s choice of a candy cane. Peppermint is a classic :D and too zingy in taste to ever be considered ‘boring’.

I loved the moment of sharing that Lex and Chloe had about Lex’s memories of Christmas with his mum… the few Christmases where he actually enjoyed the festivities and cheers before being taught that Luthors don’t enjoy holiday cheer and fun.

The couple who came across Lex and Chloe were rather annoying, and most certainly not very aware, well-informed or bright. They didn’t recognize Lex Luthor? They didn’t realize that Chloe and Lex were actually not together in a stable, comfortable relationship? And besides all that, it was just plain annoying for them to demand a kiss from a random couple purely for the sake of a showy picture.

But, I’m glad to see that Lex was a good sport about the whole thing. I probably would have glared at Henry and Dolly until they went away and stopped bothering me with their ridiculous, entitled demands.

But Lex was really sweet and patient about the whole thing. And I really can’t complain that much about Henry and Dolly since it did result in yet another Chlexy kiss :D Awesome!!

Chapter eight

This chapter came off to a very hilarious start showing Lex panicking because he hadn’t heard from Chloe in *horror and shudder* two days?!

ROTFL! Oh that dear, sweet, demented, needy man! You know, Lex, most friends sometimes go for weeks without talking without going into hysterics about it. However, I’m really not surprised to see Lex having a nervous breakdown to not get any communications from his only friend for 48 hours… and imagining all kinds of horrific conspiratorial, dire reasons behind the absence of Chloe.

It was even funnier seeing him frantically calling Lois Lane of all people in order to seek help on the matter. LOL! Talk about desperate, eh? It was so much fun seeing Lois teasing him and winding him up… but she was quite gentle with the teasing when she could have blackmailed him into granting her an interview appointment for information about Chloe. It just didn’t occur to her? Or did she dismiss the idea as ‘wrong’?

Squeee! This chapter turned out to be a ‘Lex takes care of sick Chloe’ chapter? Awesome!!!

It was hilarious seeing Chloe grumpy in bed, mulling over her exponentially growing infatuation with Lex, and blaming him for both the infatuation as well as his complete obliviousness to her attraction towards him. Erm… it’s not really fair blaming him for both of these things, Chl… *Chloe glares* nope, nope… my mistake, completely his fault!

LOL! I loved the way that Chloe managed to predict, right down to the timely second exactly how Lex was going to react to her absence, and what steps he was going to take. ROTFL! She knows all his neurosis all too well, doesn’t she?

Squeee! Lex was amazing as a sick-attendant. He not only brought chicken soup, but he also made a point of making soup that was custom-catered to Chloe’s specific tastes. *happy sigh* that is so sweet!!

I was ROTFL at Lex’s choice of a Christmas feature. He brought Gremlins?! LOL! I suppose I should be grateful that he didn’t bring something involving a psycho killer Santa (with a slasher knife!). There are quite a surprisingly number of movies that feature this kind of a monster, LOL!

Awww, the schmoop at the end was lovely and cute! It was adorable seeing the chapter ending with both of them cuddled on the couch together, with Lex finally admitting to Chloe that she was his best friend. Of course, that’s been obvious for a long time, but it’s nice to hear it said out loud!

Thanks for the amazing chapter. I look forward to the next updates.

Ultra
9th December 2009, 20:21
Just got all caught up reading Chapters 6, 7, & 8, and I loved every minute of it! :D

This really is a fab story. I love that Lex is slowly warming up to the idea of Christmas and enjoying it. Imagining him and Chloe sledding and having a snowball fight was too funny, and then at the festival, good greif but that kiss was perfect!

I was a little worried when Chloe didn't want to talk to Lex after that, but it seems her problem is liking him too much rather than not enough.

His taking care of her when she was sick and calling her his best friend - that was just adorable! I am dreading when the crap hits the fan later, which it is bound to do when either Lex or Chloe or both tries to explain their feelings. Friendship to romance can be perfection or a complete disaster, and though I have confidence that things will work out in a happy Chlexy way, I doubt the journey to that happy ending will be a simple one!

So glad Chloe is getting Lex to appreciate the Christmas season and be happy about it. I guess its understandable that he'd struggle, having lost his mother and with his father having treated him so badly. Poor Lexy :( At least he's headed into happy times now :)

Can't wait for the next chapter already! :D

Kit Merlot
10th December 2009, 02:08
Another lovely chapter!

Good for Lex for bringing up the kiss and for realizing that Chloe was upset--I applaud his worrying about her feelings but I think it's going to take a great deal for either one of them to admit their feelings for each other.

Chloe looked at him startled. “Uh, yeah. It was.” She sipped her hot chocolate, feeling a certain ache in her heart.

Oh man, Chloe's worried that she's going down the Hopeless Crush road again. I sense some more angst coming her way;)

hfce
10th December 2009, 05:21
Part 9:

Oh Lord angst I hate it and this is typical of the so called smart people. ;)

I am glad Lex brought it up. I just wish Chloe would have been honest. But that would mean the fic would be done before the 24th.

I feel bad for Chloe's heart but I have a feeling it will mend soon. :D

Ultra
10th December 2009, 20:28
Oh, that skating was positively painful, and I don't just mean because they fell down either! Lex was SO uncomfortable and then to have the kid call them amateurs - not Chloe's best plan ever.

Liked the movie watching. Every Christmas movie you throw at them, its cool to see the reactions as well as the choices both Chloe and Lex make.

Glad Lex brought up the kissing at last and tha they both got to ask the other what it was all about. Trouble is they're not being hugely honest about what they're feeling and so we're not getting any more kissing! Hoping for that soon...

hfce
11th December 2009, 07:59
Part 10:

That was a great chapter. I am so glad Lex let Chloe in to his world of sadness. He needs some one like Chloe to not fall into that trap. I am glad she was there for him. :)

Kit Merlot
11th December 2009, 13:29
Damn, Lex's memory of his mom made me cry--Great work!

And good for Chloe for not giving up on showing him that Christmas can still be beautiful.

Kit Merlot
12th December 2009, 02:04
Part 11

Lois gave Chloe some good advice that I hope she takes, but Chloe being who she is, she'll probably ignore it:P

And that was one hell of a passionate kiss!

MelBee1985
12th December 2009, 02:13
Hmm Loved the kiss. Why did Chloe broke it?

Damn, it sucks this is only PG13.. could have get interesting lol

chloe needs to be less afraid or whatever her issues are. He returned the kiss. He was on top girl.. isn't that a good sign? lol

Keep going! :)

hfce
12th December 2009, 02:52
Oh the shiat is going to hit the fan. Chloe or Lex will explode and it will cost them to not speak for awhile. EEK!! Lois gave some good advice. Chloe needs to choose and move on. ;)

somethingeasy
12th December 2009, 10:44
I’ve really fallen behind on chapter reviews. Oh well, here’s a whole bunch..

Chapter Nine

This chapter was really cute opening with Lex effectively destroying the theme behind ‘It’s a wonderful life’, but I can see his point of view. Lex probably considers it a fate worse than death for a man with great energy, confidence and potential to spend his life in mediocrity.

ROTFL! Chloe wheedling Lex into ice-skating was beyond adorable. I loved the way that Lex actually got desperate enough to whine I’m tiiired to try and get out if it… as if that was going to stand a chance in hell of working, LOL!

And then it was even funnier discovering that Lex is NOT an expert on skates… heck, he’s not even a semi-skilled amateur. He’s just plain awful on (rented) skates, ROTFL!

And yet, despite the humiliation Lex experienced at doing something as ice-skating for Christmas (ice skating badly no less), he still admitted that he had a good time, and thanked Chloe for the idea.

LOL! Oh, Lex. Surely you realize that every time you thank Chloe for yet another cheesy, gaudy cliché of a Christmas activity she drags you to, it only spurs her on to think of something yet more cheesy?!?

I can’t decide whether Lex is being a masochist, or whether the shock of actually enjoying these activities has numbed him from realizing that he shouldn’t be admitting the enjoyment to Chloe.

Or perhaps he’s subconsciously catching on that giving Chloe free reign to force him into anything she wants truly IS the best way to enjoy this one Christmas this one year.

Heee, the discussion about the kiss at the end of the chapter was awesome, and it nicely set the stage for further exploration of the ‘nice kiss’ that they shared. Awesome!

Chapter Ten

I liked the flashbacks that the chapter started with… first with a memory of his father (I presume it’s Lionel), hissing at Lex not to be ‘weak’ as well as a freak (ouch)… followed by a lovely memory of being comforted by his mother. It allowed me to get an idea on how truly bad his life must have gotten once Lex didn’t have his mother’s love, comfort and protection to balance out against his father’s abuse.

She rolled her eyes. “You gave me a key like five years ago remember? When you finally stopped being secretly paranoid of me.”

ROTFL! I loved, LOVED this line! ROTFLMAO! I can only imagine the story behind the ‘ceremony’ of the key-giving. It must have been one heck of a momentous moment in the Chlex friendship, eh? I love how Chloe is probably only half-kidding as she’s teasing him now about it took him about five years of intense, close friendship before he grew to finally trust completely.

Heh… Chloe was taking one heck of a risk trying to annoy Lex out of his brood. The gambit could have backlashed if Lex had lost his temper about Chloe not taking his painful memories seriously or something.

Instead, it turns out that Chloe knows how to read him well enough to know exactly when to push and pull at him in order to get the correct response. Personally, I’m very impressed by her sensitivity to Lex’s unpredictable mood-swings. He’s one heck of a high-maintenance friend, which is probably the main reason why he only has the ONE friend in his life.

I loved the way this brooding chapter ended with something as cute and sweet (literally) as Christmas sugar cookies. And I was squealing with absolute delight hearing Lex remark that Chloe reminds him a lot of his mother… I’m sure he meant in the way that Chloe makes him feel safe, comforted, loved and happy.

Sheesh, he admits this, but he hasn’t proposed yet? What happened to that famous Oedipus complex of his?!??

Chapter Eleven

squeee! I was so, SO happy with the beginning of this chapter. We finally have Lois forcing obliviously-in-denial Chloe confronting the truth of her feelings for Lex. I suppose even Lois has her breaking point when it comes to seeing her cousin lying to herself. Even if it means that she’s effectively pushing Chloe into acting on those feelings for Lex… even that’s better than seeing Chloe carrying in such a stupid state of zero self-awareness.

Oooh, and that was certainly an interesting point raised… about how Chloe has been possibly sabotaging her own relationships because she subconsciously wanted to be with Lex to whole time? Before this revelation, I had assumed that it was Lex’s fault that Chloe isn’t currently in a serious relationship… because HE intimidates all interested men who are honing in on his ‘Chloe time’. But it turns out that Chloe is doing it all to herself. Oh dear!

Lex stood awkwardly in the lobby of Luthorcorp as his singing telegrams sang a jaunty tune of Rudolph the red nose reindeer. They were costumed in eighteenth century Christmas clothes. He looked around, noticing the crowd was slowly beginning to form around him. The glare he sported slid from his face as he realized the happy smiles on his co-workers faces.

He sighed and turned back to the singers.
“…you’ll go down in Hisstttorrrry! From your darling friend Chloe.”
He was going to kill her.

ROTFLMAO! I was in hysterics over the visuals inspired by this ridiculous sequence, ROTFL! I loved the image of Lex fuming and plotting homicide… all the while probably holding himself back from calling security to chase these singing messengers out of his office, LOL!

It’s even funnier when one knows that Chloe used Lex’s own credit card in order to pay these messengers in the first place. LOL! Talk about assign insult to injury, eh? ROTFLMAO!

And it was beyond cute seeing Chloe skilfully and effortlessly turning Lex’s anger into amusement with a few choice words. In the end, he actually admitted that he secretly enjoyed that damned singing telegram message.

Although, anyone else in the office who tries to use this as a precedent to send Lex more singing telegrams in the future… I pity them!

Heeee! I really enjoyed how the last section of this chapter stared with Chloe doing some serious contemplation over Lois’s words, and wondering whether she really HAS been ‘waiting’ for Lex for all this time. The fact that this serious musing happened just a few seconds before Lex arrived at her apartment… perfect!!!

The fact that Lex and Chloe ended up having a very alcoholic version of a fruit-cake, followed by several glasses of wine… perfection on top of perfection!!! :D

The set-up was perfect… the kiss was amazing… and I was fully expecting this scenario to be carried forward to another level, except that Chloe had to yank back and proclaim the kiss to be a ‘mistake’?! Aaaargh! Oh, Chloe! Stupid, Stupid, STUPID!

Of course what could Lex do but go along with Chloe’s assessment of the situation and agree with her that it was probably the wine that had gone to her head. He was even enough of a martyr gentleman to take on all responsibility of the ‘mistake’ on himself by saying that she had the excuse of being drunk, while he went ahead with the kiss sober. Oh, Chloe, why didn’t you pick up on those particular choice of words from Lex?!

Heh… at least the two of them are not going to do anything really stupid like decide to take some space and time apart from each other.

LOL! Homemade Christmas ornament decorations next? And Lex was too flustered to argue with this latest, eh? ROTFL! I look forward to the next chapter.

dkfuryan
13th December 2009, 02:31
lovely surprises for every day in december. Almost better than chocolates!

hfce
13th December 2009, 04:00
Part 12:

Ok this was a great update but what the hell with Lex at the end. :rofl: He is so damn confusing. I swear to you he better not back out of it this time. I will kill him if he does. ;)

Kit Merlot
13th December 2009, 04:58
Part 12

Ah, so Lex and Chloe both want a romantic relationship with each other, but neither one wants to take the first step. Or at least, Lex didn't, until he grabbed Chloe and kissed her--GOOD MAN:P

kimbo
13th December 2009, 08:50
Thanks for all of the comments!! i'm glad you guys are enjoying this story. Happy Holidays!

hfce
14th December 2009, 02:15
Part 13:

I am hitting my head on my keyboard. :rofl: UGH I want to bite off Chanel head for interrupting their talk. :wth: They need to talk and I am glad Lex went after her. I can't wait to see how that goes tomorrow. :D

Kit Merlot
14th December 2009, 04:31
Part 13

That damn Chanel, ruining the Chlex moment!

And I know she means well, but Lois isn't helping much. Telling Chloe she should have kicked Chanel's ass doesn't explain why the tramp's in Lex's apartment, lounging around in her underwear in the first place.

I hope Lex explains the situation to Chloe, because I know I want to hear the answer as well.

Ultra
14th December 2009, 09:05
Read Chapters 10-12 last night but forgot to leave feedback! :eek:

Nevermind, I'm here now to say that I LOVE that we finally got to lost of kissage, unfortunately it seems everytime there is a kiss there is awkwardness after it and I feel so bad for the pair of them. Chloe is afraid Lex will think she's dumb for wanting a romance with him and he's afraid of screwing up their friendship if he goes for it! They are both so naive, we all know it'll end happily, Chlexily, and with a Merry Christmas! ;)

Lets hope that following this latest smooch there will be goodness and happiness! :D

ETA: Now read Chapter 13 - can't believe it all went wrong! All that gorgeous Chlexy kissage and then bloody Chanel in her underwear?! Poor Chloe :( I just really hope she takes Lois' advice and have at it, and that Lex has come to say he's dumped the tart and wants only Chloe for Christmas and forever :D

Kit Merlot
15th December 2009, 03:01
Part 14

Good for Chloe and Lex for admitting their feelings for each other, but now Lionel Luthor has shown up and I'm worried about our Chlex!

hfce
15th December 2009, 04:54
Part 14:

Yes they are willing to try. :D But BOOOO Lionel why does he have to be there? I knew the other shoe would drop but not so soon. :wth:

somethingeasy
15th December 2009, 09:30
I’m just going to give up apologizing for falling behind on chapters and just accept that this is my mode of reviewing from now on… two or three chapters at a time!

Chapter 12

heh… this chapter was a lot of fun opening up with both Lex and Chloe going through a minor freak-out session, obsessing over the kiss, their friendship, their feelings and the confusing mixture of all these elements.

But I was pleased to see that they decided to go ahead with their Christmas themed activity for the day despite the confusion. Points for courage!!

ROTFLMAO! Chloe’s and Lex’s ornaments were so cute! I liked the idea that Chloe’s ornament ended up looking like the product from a particularly gifted child… while Lex’s ornament looked semi-professional. *rolls eyes* it figures that he would be good at this as well.

At least it was reassuring to hear that Lex’s painting skills had been nurtured and developed during his schooling days, and it’s not something that ‘just happened’ the first time he picked up a paintbrush right now, LOL!

The class sounded like a lot of fun. I think it’s a lovely idea for a bonding experience between friends (or lovers) during Christmas. And it seems like the bonding was working, because Lex seemed to reach some kind of an epiphany mid-way through painting, telling Chloe that ‘he knows her’. It was as if he was seeing her for the first time, and realizing that she’s well worth pursuing as a partner and lover… no matter what the risks.

Which, I guess, explains why he decided to kiss her right at the end of the ornament painting class. Squeeee!!

Chapter Thirteen

I loved the way that this chapter opened to the details of the Chlex kiss. Chloe and Lex seemed to have lost themselves in each other. Talk about enthralled :D It’s probably a good thing that Chloe made arrangement for the private class for the two of them alone, LOL!

LOL! And I was both amused and warmed by the Chlex antics on the way back to Lex’s apartment, where the two confused, adorable persons were trying so hard to understand their emotions, the situation… all this while their hormones were running hog-wild. LOL! It was seriously JUST like watching a pair of silly teens interacting with each other. I loved it!

She pushed his mouth away with a loud smack. “Stop doing that!”
“I can’t help it!” He said just as loudly.
She huffed and pulled her head lower down onto her head. “Maybe we need to talk.”

ROTFLMAO! Oh dear me! Teenagers! I swear!

Oh dear… it figures that the sweetness of the moment would be completely destroyed when Lex and Chloe reached home. Chloe was already in a frazzled, delicate state of mind, already convincing herself all the reasons why the kiss meant ‘nothing’, and was only a reaction to loneliness, sexual desire, etc, etc.

For her to see the beautiful, leggy, brunette model waiting for Lex in his apartment must have been like a blow to the gut. How the heck did this model get in anyway?! It took ages for Chloe to get a key to Lex’s place, but random models can just waltz in whenever they please?!?

Hmmm, it’s pretty interesting that Chanel and Chloe seemed to recognize each other. I’m sensing there’s back-story over there that I’d REALLY love to know more details about (pretty please, Kimbo?)

I really wasn’t surprised to see Lex showing up at Chloe’s apartment later that evening while she was engulfed in a comfort session with Lois. But I WAS surprised to see him delayed for so long after Chloe ran out of his apartment before coming to her. Now that’s not a smart move, Lex. Chloe might end up thinking that you got a quick blow-job out of Chanel before taking your time ambling to Chloe’s place. What the heck was the delay all about?!?

But anyhow… the important thing is that he showed up! Good for him!

Chapter Fourteen

LOL! Chanel the swizzle stick? ROTFLMAO! Cute! Hopefully Lex won’t be able to look at another slender brunette without remembering Chloe’s assessment. LOL!

ROTFLMAO! The conversation started out so ridiculously just like a pre-teen discussion about ‘feelings’. So, apparently, they ‘like kissing each other’? ROTFLMAO! They’re so cute!

“Stuffed the want down so far you forgot about it?” She cut in.

I can tell that Chloe is speaking from very personal experience over here. Of course she knows exactly how Lex has been repressing his feelings for her, because she’s been doing the exact same thing. I loved that she was able to express her own state as a recognizable reflection back at Lex.

Awww, but it seems like the relationship got off to a relatively simple, easy and efficient beginning, all things considered. Most Chlex relationships start off with the problem of Lex being paranoid about his ‘darkness’ being too overwhelming, repulsive and unacceptable for his beloved. He’s usually convinced that the relationship is going to end either with her destroyed by her association with him, OR that she’s going to find out something unsavoury and end up leaving him.

But in this particular case, we have eleven (and a half) year’s worth of friendship as a base… so most issues have already been sorted out. I can see why this kind of a relationship would develop with a lot more ease and smoothness than most other Chlex relationships.

LOL! It was pretty funny hearing Lex say that they have to take things slow. What does that mean for him anyway? He’s going to hold off proposing until the end of the week?

I was amused to see Chloe ruefully acknowledging that Lex probably doesn’t realize himself that he’s not capable of taking things ‘slow’… so she wasn’t taking that statement too seriously, LOL!

LOL! I loved that this section ended with Lex pulling out his choice for a Christmas movie… involving a mass murdering psychopath. I was waiting for him to pull out a slasher-horror picture and call it ‘Christmas themed’, ROTFL!

I was greatly amused to see the interaction between Lex and Marcy ending with Lex musing that she deserves a raise. LOL! That’s quite a far cry from all the previous occasions where he held himself back from snarling ‘you’re fired’ at her, eh? ROTFL! I wonder what it’s like for Marcy to work for such a moody boss…?

Awww, the BBQ party sounded like a LOT of fun! I liked the idea of Lex recognizing Santa as one of his executive heads.

LOL! And it was perfect seeing the evening topped off by a spectacularly bad performance of the classic Christmas play. Poor Lex must have felt like he was in hell, LOL!

I cannot describe the amount of ecstatic, joyful glee I felt at the end of this chapter. Omigosh, Lionel’s on his way up?!?? Squeee!!! Oh please update soon!!! I’m dying to know how that chapter goes!!!

hfce
16th December 2009, 02:32
Part 15:

Well that went better than I thought it would. :D I wish there was a way for Lex to double cross his dad. UGH!! I loathed that jackass. :wth: This was a nice test on this couple. Chloe was able to talk him down from his usual and really be there for him. Lex marry her already. LOL! :rofl:

Ultra
16th December 2009, 20:05
Chapters 14 & 15:

This has to be the most up-and-down fic I've read in ages! lol But I love it all the same.

From the sweet happiness of Chloe and Lex deciding to date and spending time together at the Christmas BBQ, to Lex's wanton destruction of glassware when Lionel made his threats. Its all such good reading, but I hate to think Lex will actually have to pay Lionel to keep Lucas safe. Surely there is some other way? It would be cool to have Lucas appear in the story too - here's hoping on that front.

Can't wait for today's update! :)

hfce
17th December 2009, 03:41
Part 16:

Aww that was cute! It was a welcome change from the last chapter of mini angst. I love how Lex one upped his daddy. Good job Lex. :rofl:

Kit Merlot
17th December 2009, 04:37
I love how passionate the Chlex is, and I'm proud of Lex for not only outwitting his dad, but for keeping Lucas safe.

Ultra
17th December 2009, 19:54
Chapter 16:

This was such a fantastic chapter! The drama with Lionel has been solved, Lucas is safe, and the Chlex is hotting up, whilst at the same time staying sweet and fun.

I like that Lex is the one determined to take things slow. He has obviously given this whole relationship a lot of thought and is determined not to ruin what he has with Chloe as it develops from friendhsip to romance. I love him all the more for that, and I'm sure Chloe does too, even though its probably a pain to her that he won't sleep with her yet when she really wants to! lol

Wraping gifts is kind of a bore, I forgive Lex for not enjoying himself, as even Chloe seemed unenthralled by the task!

As for Lionel, yay for Lex locking him out of his own company and keeping Lucas safe at the same time. Just a shame he is stuck in Japan and can't come and visit for Christmas. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Now awaiting more updateage! :)

Kit Merlot
18th December 2009, 03:06
Part 17

I can't believe that Lex fell asleep during The Nutcracker?! The ballet is not only beautiful to watch, but the music is just as lovely.

But getting back to the story, good for Clark for wanting Chloe's happiness above all else, and I loved the passionate ending to this chapter:D

hfce
18th December 2009, 03:58
Part 17:

I am surprised with Lex and all his culture has never seen the Nutcracker. I can't believe he fell asleep. :rofl: I am so mad the sex didn't happen in this chapter. :P

hfce
19th December 2009, 03:30
Part 18:

I am so glad they did it finally. Please don't let Lex's insecurities doom this. My poor heart couldn't take it. :D I can't wait for part 19.

Ultra
19th December 2009, 19:22
Chapters 17 & 18 :

I liked getting the Clark and Lois opinions on the Chlex. Lois seems to be pro the romance whilst Clark is kind of uncertain. I'm sure when he sees that lex is treating Chloe right it'll all be fine :)

And then the romance, and the special night we've all been waiting for when Chloe and Lex proved their love in the physical sense. So beautiful and perfect, and then waking up and eating fruitcake in front of the TV. Aaw, I loved it!

Looking forward to Chapter 19 already and curious to see where are favourite couple might be going on their trip! :)

Kit Merlot
19th December 2009, 19:33
Part 18

I love that Lex now knows that Chloe's had deeper feelings for him for some time. And as usual, I love how passionate they are together.

Continued great work on this fic;)

Kit Merlot
20th December 2009, 01:26
Part 19

The ranch in Montana seems like a truly lovely place, and how sad that it was the only place Lex could actually be a child. I love that he wanted to share that part of his past with her. The Chlex relationship is just so beautifully done in this fic:D

And oh yes, this line:

"Well, I have to get going. I’m going to go play hide the mistletoe with my husband.”

That's right Lois--stay classy:P

hfce
20th December 2009, 06:57
Part 19:

Aww he brought her to his childhood house. That to me should tell Chloe he is in this for real. I am sure she is the first person who ever saw that place. Chloe girl you have nothing to worry about. EEK!! I loved this update. :D

somethingeasy
20th December 2009, 15:45
Sorry about the delay. I’m currently travelling, so I’m going to be at least a day behind on all update reviews for a little while. But I’ll review everything, so no worries.

Chapter Fifteen

I was pleased, but not really surprised, to see Chloe insisting on accompanying Lex while he went to ‘do battle’ against Lionel. However I was pleasantly surprised to see Lex agreeing to ‘allow’ Chloe to accompany him. This is a good sign because it means that Lex knows that Chloe can hold her own in a stand-off against Lionel Luthor, and doesn’t really need to be coddled and protected from the Magnificent Bastard… at least, not inordinately so.

Heee! At first appearance, Lionel seemed as controlled and smooth as ever before. I really liked how, noting Chloe’s presence, Lionel immediately made her a target for his barbs and attentions… knowing that it would throw Lex off-kilter to see his father eyeing Chloe too closely.

LOL! I loved that line Lionel threw in about he’s astounded that Lex hasn’t married ‘this one’ has yet, LOL! Oh, Lionel… just give it a week or two, and then…

My first impression of Lionel was obviously incorrect. I thought he was still as strong, powerful and smooth as ever before… but it turns out that he’s actually approached Lex as a beggar. Granted, it’s the role of a blackmailing beggar, but still a beggar nonetheless.

Lionel has actually been incompetent enough in his business dealings to be reduced to asking Lex for extra funds?!? My god, how the once mighty and magnificent have fallen.

Lionel’s threats against Lucas were childish and reeked of desperation. Yes, I know that they were threats to be taken seriously, but it still struck me as horrific and sad seeing Lionel brought low to the state of the thug that he started out as… back in Suicide Slums. How humiliating this must be for the Magnificent Bastard.

I was really glad to see that Chloe was able to offer some Lex some help in coping with the aftermath of the Lionel-encounter. Despite how the old bastard’s been apparently weakened, all battles with him are still traumatizing experiences… and Lex shouldn’t have to deal with such experiences alone. It was heart-warming to see Chloe offering him comfort and solace in the aftermath… and it further illustrated how and why she’s a perfect choice for a life-partner for Lex.

Chapter Sixteen

LOL! Christmas gift wrapping session. I should have expected something like this, but it came as a delightful surprise. Lex was so cute in his grudging admission that he doesn’t know how to wrap. LOL! Oh no worries, Lex! I was glad to see Chloe telling Lex that absolutely NO-ONE, outside of trained professionals, know how to wrap presents properly. That’s part of the charm of non-professionally gift-wrapped presents… their obviously amateurish appearance, LOL!

I was really pleased to see a (relatively) easy solution to the problems that had been raised by Lionel in the last chapter. I was VERY glad to see that Lex was buckling under Lionel’s intimidating pressure, and had decided NOT to give the MB the money that he demanded.

Giving Lionel extra funds would only have been pouring fuel on gasoline by providing Lionel with yet more power, while not securing a guarantee that Lucas wouldn’t be threatened again in the future.

Getting Lucas to safety while denying Lionel his funds… much better course of action. Good on Lex for making that decision.

Heee! It was very satisfying seeing this chapter ending on a make-out session between Chloe and Lex. The details given were hot, heavy and awesome!!!

Dammit, but Lex HAS to insist on being a ‘gentleman’ and playing it slow?! He chooses to take his sex life slow NOW?!? Now of all times?!??

LOL! At least Chloe is being patient and catering to Lex’s neurosis. She knows that she can’t rush him when he doesn’t want to be rushed, because otherwise he’s going to end up intensely spooked… and then heaven knows how he’s going to react. Nope, much better to take it safe and easy with Lex, until he’s docked in his ‘comfort zone’.

Let’s hope he doesn’t take too long though.

Chapter Seventeen

LOL! This chapter got off to a very adorable beginning. I really enjoyed seeing Lois literally whining at Clark that he doesn’t take her anywhere… never mind the weekend trips to Europe, Asia, Australia… and pretty much any spot that Lois points to on a world map. ALSO never mind that Lois would drop comatose at a ballet even if Clark DID happen to take here there.

LOL! It was really cute seeing Lois putting on the act of a spoiled, petulant child… and seeing Clark trying to cater to that. You know that Lois puts on that act JUST to get this flustered reaction from her husband, right? LOL!

*happy satisfied sigh* the scene between Chloe and Clark was really sweet. I loved him for asking the key question ‘are you happy?’, and then telling her that she’s always going to have his unwavering support, no matter how much he might (quietly and privately) disagree with her decisions. Isn’t it nice seeing Clark all grown up and mature :D

LOL! Oh dear me, I can’t believe Lex fell asleep at the ballet. I seriously cannot imagine HOW he can do such a thing actually. I’ve been to the ballet a few times (although, admittedly never to the Nutcracker), and I’ve been enthralled with the performance every time… and it struck me as sacrilegious to imagine Lex Luthor falling asleep during a professional ballet show.

Oh well… at least Chloe was able to appreciate the show properly. AND she also tried to jab Lex into staying awake. Even if he didn’t stay conscious during the performance, at least he knew Chloe’s displeasure, and felt a little guilty about falling asleep…?

Heee! The end of the chapter was awesome! Although, I have to say that if Chloe had to explain that she’s seducing Lex to Lex, then she’s obviously not doing it properly, LOL!

But the true test comes in the next chapter, where I check out whether Lex ends up seduced or not. I can’t wait to find out.

kimbo
21st December 2009, 01:01
:) Thanks for all of the comments guys!! glad you're enjoying the story!

hfce
21st December 2009, 04:49
Part 20:

This was so good and funny but the end has me concerned. Why did Chloe interrupt him? He was finally giving her what she wanted to hear. He is in love with her. UGH!!! Why Chloe? Why? :wth: I knew the angst would make it's way through again. ;)

Kit Merlot
21st December 2009, 05:26
Part 20

I like that Chloe and Lex are finally embracing their feelings for each other, but it's still a big step. He's going to be meeting her dad as her boyfriend and I think the fact that they are in a serious relationship is starting to scare Chloe a little.

Lex is just going to have to talk her down from her fears;)

Ultra
21st December 2009, 22:09
Chapters 19 & 20:

I love how happy Chloe and Lex are. It made so much sense for them to move from friendship to romance, and I'm really glad they took the necessary risk :)

The trip to the Montana where Lillian and Lex spent his childhood Christmasses was simply adorable. I love that he's willing to share that part of his life with Chloe. It must be bittersweet for him to remember those good times lost, but now he can at least say he is that happy again.

The love-making made me sigh, the sledding made me giggle, but the end of the chapter made me worry just a little. Seemed like maybe Lex just realised he's really in love, that he'd rediscovered Christmas and all, and yet the moment he might say something important, Chloe made that dumb excuse about needing the bathroom!

I hope things turn out well with only a few chapters left to go!

Kit Merlot
22nd December 2009, 01:42
Part 21

Lois, as annoying as she is, was absolutely right in telling Chloe how stupid she's being. And I adored Chloe's taking Lex to meet her parents--I liked the addition on Rachel, the stepmom.

And I love how everyone but Chloe knew that Lex was inlove with her:D

hfce
22nd December 2009, 03:30
Part 21:

OH MY GOD!! They did it!! They said I love you!!!! :D I am so glad Lois talked
some sense into Chloe. She needed a kick in the butt. It is also nice to have other people point out how much in love Lex is with her. I guess she needed proof to believe it. I am glad they finally admitted the L word. :D

somethingeasy
22nd December 2009, 20:52
I'm still traveling, therefore still going to be at least one chapter behind on reviews.

Chapter eighteen

The final seduction scene was awesome!! I loved the way that Lex and Chloe seemed to nearly be getting drunk off touching and kissing each other. Seriously hot! The sex scene, even thought it seemed to be kept in the PG-13 range, was lovely, delightful and HOT!!! Great smut writing as always Kimbo!

And it was definitely amusing seeing the two of them wryly commenting on the silly way that they waited for all this time… even though they’ve both known for a long time that they’ve been seriously attracted to each other. LOL!

Heee! Lex admitted that he’s been insanely jealous of Chloe’s boyfriends, LOL! Such fun!

I loved the way that Lex woke up the next morning admitting to himself that it was slightly creepy for him to stare at Chloe while she was asleep. Personally, I think the staring is MUCH better as compared to, oh for example, sneaking out and leaving in a panic. I’m very impressed with Lex for not giving into the ‘doubts and fearful whispers’ and staying strong through them *pats Lex on the head*

Awww, the afterglow (with both of them awake and watching a movie together) was lovely and sweet!

Chapter Nineteen

I really enjoyed the beginning of this chapter highlighting another flashback scene. This was a really good one where young-Lex asks a very valid question on why his father is such a bastard. Yes, I know he didn’t use those exact words, but that’s what he really meant to ask ;)

It’s a pity that Lillian’s answer was a rather unsatisfactory ‘he’s a complicated man’, but I’m guessing that Lillian herself doesn’t have a real answer as to why her husband is such a bastard… and why she married such a person.

LOL! It was cute seeing Lois giving a show about being jealous of Chloe flying in a private jet… when we all know that Lois has access to the greatest, fastest, most efficient and exclusive kind of air-travel service on earth. It’s good of Lois to put on a show to amuse her little cousin, LOL!

It was really amusing seeing Lex taking such childish pleasure and delight in keeping Chloe in suspense over the ‘surprise destination’ of their jet-trip. LOL! He’s going to be pulling a lot of these in the future, isn’t he? ROTFL!

At least I hoped that Lex gave Chloe the clue to ‘pack warm clothes’…?

I was taken by surprise myself by the destination, so it was a treat sharing in Chloe’s reaction. And then I realized the significance that this ranch has to Lex… and I felt like melting in the sweetness of it all. Awwww!!! Beautiful!

ROTFLMAO! I thought I was going to have hysterics with the visual of Lex and Chloe having sex on Lex’s old Warrior Angel bed-sheets. Now that is freakish and warped… and I appreciate Chloe giving Lex a warning about how potentially freaky this might be for him before going ahead with the sex.

I loved the idea that Chloe is the first person that Lex has brought over to this place… and the first person that he ever allowed to even look at his Warrior Angel bed sheet… much less… erm… well, you know, LOL!

LOL! The name of the Montana Ranch snowman shall henceforth be Lucious!!! ROTFLMAO! Hysterical!

“You know, it amazes me how you’ve done everything, but the simplest things.” She said with an amused smile.

I loved this line! It’s so simple, elegant, apt and true!!!
And I liked the idea of Chloe managing to entice Lex to enjoying some marshmallows roasted on a stick… even if the snob DID have some objections to using a dirty, outdoors stick as a cooking instrument, LOL! Lex is too adorable for words sometimes!

*happy sigh* the chapter ended on a beautiful note, with Lex admitting that he’s happy, content and so much more at peace by Chloe’s side than he’s been in YEARS! I think that’s the highest compliment and thanks that can be given to Chloe for the effort she’s put into Lex’s Christmas this year.

Hmmm, why do I keep feeling like this is the calm before the storm…? Am I just being paranoid?

Kit Merlot
23rd December 2009, 01:42
Part 22

I'm loving the happy, romantic Chlexiness:grin3:

superag
23rd December 2009, 04:01
Naughty Chloe. I'm sure Santa will still give her something for being oh so good.:P

Kit Merlot
24th December 2009, 06:11
Part 23

Good for Lex for letting his guard down and for enjoying the Luthorcorp Christmas party:grin3:

somethingeasy
24th December 2009, 12:41
Chapter Twenty

aww, the morning after in this chapter was beautiful, sweet and fluffy ;) It was a lovely to read, and I liked how the chapter ended on Chloe warning inviting Lex over to an evening with Gabe.

Heh… I know he was kidding about wearing the bullet-proof vest and all, but I can also tell that he was only half-kidding, since he DOES indeed expect Gabe to grill him mercilessly about this relationship he is forming with Gabe’s baby girl.

Heee! It was very satisfying to see that the Christmas activities are still on-going. Sledding is FUN!! I loved the way Lex was pretending to be all indignant about how they need to invest eight minutes of hill-climbing in order to enjoy about five seconds of speeding fun. Those five seconds are worth it, and Lex knows it! LOL!

The snow-fight was even more awesome! I had a LOT of fun reading about the two of them wrestling like a pair of kids in the snow, fighting for dominance.

Lex managed to win by the hair (metaphorically speaking), and I loved that it was at his moment of triumph where he realized how completely he belongs to Chloe… where he finally realized, and wished to admit, that he was hopelessly in love with her. Awesome!!

Damn… only to be interrupted by Chloe blurting out a random word, bathroom, of all things. Dammit!

Oh well, perhaps better luck in the next chapter…?

Chapter Twenty-One

heh. I loved the way that Lois was grilling Chloe at the beginning of this chapter. Lois was NOT letting up on her baby cousin, making sure that Chloe knew that interrupting Lex at that crucial moment was a stupid, weak, cowardly moment that Chloe should correct at the next possibly opportunity.

I also appreciated the full explanation on exactly why Chloe stopped Lex from stating that he loved her. It’s pretty much for the reason that I suspected, but it was great having it put into concrete terms. Thanks, Kimbo!

I loved how, despite not approving of Chloe’s choice in her guy, Lois is wholeheartedly pushing Chloe into putting her all into this relationship… because she can see that this Chlex relationship is exactly what Chloe needs to be happy. I love seeing moments like these where Lois acts like a caring, protective, nurturing older cousin.

Erm… nurturing in her own special, brash, blunt, sharp way of course, LOL!

Awww, Lex was quiet on the way to Gabe’s? That was slightly heartbreaking. I can imagine the poor man was feeling slightly rejected, afraid and vulnerable at that moment, and had retreated a little but behind his protective walls. Fortunately, he wasn’t going to an extreme in shutting Chloe out… he was still willing to spend time with her, and continue on this visit to Gabe’s place, where he could have come up with some excuse to cancel. Good for you, Lex!

Or perhaps he was just quiet because he was busy imagining the way that Gabe is going to end up poisoning him and then hacking his dead corpse into a thousand pieces that will fertilize the roses in the garden.

Oooh, new character… Rachel! She seems lovely! I liked the idea of Gabe finding someone to make him happy.

LOL! I enjoyed the way that Rachel gently steered Chloe away from the two men when Gabe sat Lex down the the ‘if you hurt my baby, I’ll kill you’ conversation. Rachel knows that Gabe needs a bit of private time away from his nosey daughter. Sweet!

Heee! And Rachel was even more endeared to me when she told Chloe that it was so obvious that Lex was head over heels madly in love with her. An observation like that can’t help but make me adore the woman :D

LOL! It was very amusing to see Lex admitting to Chloe that Gabe had given him ‘The Conversation’. It was even better getting the impression that Gabe’s warnings and threats had a strong effect on Lex… not because Lex is seriously afraid of Gabe killing him, but because he doesn’t want to lose Gabe’s respect.

Yayyy! And the ‘I love yous’ finally came out. And it was very fitting that Chloe was the one who said the ‘I love you’ first… considering that she shut Lex down from saying it last time… so it’s essentially ‘her turn’ this time, isn’t it? ;)

All in all, it was a beautiful ending to the chapter. I can’t plan to see what happens in the next chapter.

Ultra
24th December 2009, 20:15
Chapters 21, 22, & 23:

I LOVE that both Chloe and Lex have now said I love you, and that Chloe managed to get Lex into the Christmas spirit at last, and that all the Luthorcorp employees love their boss. So yeah, I pretty much loved every minute of these three chapters :D

I wonder what Gabe and Lex discussed... perhaps Lex plans to marry Chloe and had to ask her Dad's permission? Just an idea, I could be wrong, but that would be lovely, of course ;)

Rachel seems nice, and so does Marcy. I love these new characters as much as the canon ones - good job with those! :)

Thats all for now. I'm not sure if the last chapter of this fic will be posted in time for me to read it this side of Christmas (I'm 5-7 hours ahead of most people and I don't come online on Christmas Day itself) but if not, I will defo catch up on Boxing Day ;)

Kit Merlot
25th December 2009, 20:13
Part 24

That was a beautifully happy and romantic ending to a great fic!

Lex had known Clark was Superman for years. He hadn’t used that knowledge against either one of them. She sighed. “Fine.” She continued snapping her string beans. “Welcome to the family.”

I always love when it's thrown in Lois' face that she's a moron for not seeing that Clark was Superman all along.

But I do like that Lois approves of the Chlex romance--if only because of how happy Chloe is.

Excellent work, kimbo:D

kimbo
26th December 2009, 08:41
Thanks for commenting on the story. I'm glad all of you guys enjoyed it so much. I really enjoying writing it! :) happy holidays!

Ultra
26th December 2009, 13:05
Excellent work, kimbo! :D

I just read the last chapter, the wrong side of Christmas Day as I figured it would be, but thats fine :)

It was a beautifully happy ending as I was certain it would be, all lovely and Chlexy, which is all we could wish for, I'm sure. Thank you for entertaining us all through Advent :)

somethingeasy
26th December 2009, 20:13
Chapter twenty two

This chapter got off to a very sweet start… which makes sense considering that the last chapter ended on an ‘I love you’, eh? I enjoyed the two of them delighting in each other in the afterglow of the theirI love yous.

Heh. It was definitely a lot of fun seeing Chloe psyching Lex out, telling him that they were going to be watching Home Alone 2, but then showing up in a sexy candy-cane outfit… rowrrrrr! I can see that Lex was really highly appreciative.

Chapter Twenty Three

oooh, the Christmas party!! I was highly amused to see Marcy and Chloe sharing a moment bonding over Lex’s lack of Christmas spirit in the past, and how it’s so much better now that he seems to be enjoying Christmas cheer.

I can see Marcy is rather grateful that Chloe managed to get Lex out of that Grinch state. I’m glad that she made it clear to Chloe that she’s happy about the change that Chloe has brought about in Lex.

Awww, the Christmas card that Lex’s employees gave to Lex was lovely, thoughtful and amazing. Any fics discuss the myriad of ways that Lex has dealt with his huge anxieties about being like Lionel in his personal life… but what about his anxieties about being too Lionel-like in his business dealings towards his employees…? I’m sure it must have been wonderful and reassuring for Lex to be told by his employees that they think he is one heck of a great boss.

Heeee, and the chapter ended on a delicious image of Lex putting on a Santa hat for Chloe… and nothing else! Ooooh, BABY!!!! I seriously want one of the photoshop geniuses over here to make an image manipulation of that!!!

Chapter Twenty Four

Final chapter. Wow! It’s been one hell of a month, and I’ve loved every minute of it. Great job on the consistent writing, Kimbo!

LOL! I really enjoyed the way that Lex was rather offended by the idea of sticking his hand into the turkey… and it was even funnier to see Chloe so amused by Lex’s touchiness on the issue, LOL! I can tell that she’s going to have plenty of moments like these in the future to get entertainment at Lex’s expense… especially since Lex has admitted that she’s ‘sexy when she’s being manipulative’. LOL! Oh dear, Lex… you’ve just given your girlfriend carte blanche to run rough-shod all over you like a cheap doormat.

Omigosh! I cannot describe how heart-warming the scene between Lois and Lex was. I never expected that the two of them would be able to get along so well together. While I can see that they might never become best-friends… I think there is a chance that they might learnt o enjoy each other’s company… for short spans of time at least.

Heee! It was delightful to see Lex casually dropping the revelation that he knows The Big Secret about Clark being Superman. The best thing was the way he dropped his knowledge without making a huge deal about it. And I loved Lois for not going into automatic denial mode. Granted, she probably didn’t go into denial because she was too shocked, which might be exactly the reason why that sneaky Luthor bastard dropped in his bombshell so casually, come to think of it, LOL!

Squeee! And it seems like Lex has both Gabe’s and Lois’s blessings when it comes to his relationship with Chloe. In fact, both of them made a point of formally welcome him to the family. And while I know that Lex hasn’t officially joined the family has yet, Gabe and Lois know him well enough to guess that a marriage proposal will be coming up soon, LOL!

Heh… Lois certainly didn’t have a problem dropping a ‘hint’ to Lex that he should propose as soon as possible.

Heee! And it was beyond awesome to see this fic ending on a pseudo-proposal. I liked how Lex admitted that he really wanted to propose, but he knew that Chloe wasn’t quite ready for a proposal… so he’s willing to restrain his obsessive neurosis in order to cater to Chloe’s pace… which is the most impressive expression of love that Lex Luthor can display, isn’t it?

hfce
1st January 2010, 02:58
I just read the last three chapters. All I can say is Bravo. I loved it. It had everything I miss about Chloe & Lex. I am sad to see this go. I want it to continue. :):D