PDA

View Full Version : NS Advent Calendar 2009!

Julie
19th November 2009, 16:12
http://blog.naughty-seduction.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/advent_banner.jpg

We count down until Christmas with this Chlexy advent calendar filled with goodies for Chlex fans!

Definition from wikipedia.com:

An Advent calendar is a special calendar which is used to count or celebrate the days of Advent in anticipation of Christmas. Many take the form of a large rectangular card with many "windows", one of which is opened every day during Advent. In less elaborate calendars, each window opens to reveal an image, a poem, or part of a story such as the Nativity story itself. More elaborate Advent calendars have a small gift concealed in each window, such as a toy or a chocolate item.

There will be, as there has been these past couple of years where we've had this feature, a fanfiction, some graphics and contests where you can win paid subscriptions at the forum.

This Year's Advent Calendar Story

The fanfiction will come in 24 parts, starting on December 1st, and ending on December 24th. Each day will have a new chapter, just like on a Advent Calendar - you open a "window" and you get a small gift. This year's Advent Calendar fanfiction is written by kimbo, who's been a member a while and has written fanfictions before. The most known fanfiction of hers might be Startling Revelation (NC-17) with over 600 replies!

Stay tuned to the blog, because on November 25th, the pre-lude to this year's Advent Calendar story will be posted up on the blog!

Contests

There will also be contests, four in total, one for each Sunday until Advent Sunday. On the the first three Advent Sundays, the contest winner will receive a FREE year of the silver paid subscription. On the fourth and final Advent Sunday, the contest winner will receive a FREE year of the gold paid subscription!

Graphics

Like the previous years, there will also be graphics in the form of avatars and wallpapers. The avatars are forum ready, and will be available in batches for choosing in December as they are posted.

You don't have to be a member of the NS Forums to enjoy the advent calendar, but in order to win the contest prizes you need to be a member. It's completely free, and sign up takes less than 3 minutes, so why not sign up today so that you're ready for when December comes?

Website

http://network.naughty-seduction.net/advent/

lexie
19th November 2009, 16:45
I´m counting the days.:D

Fouzia
19th November 2009, 17:36
Thank you very much!!!
This is the best site ever!!!
good luck!!!!:blinkkiss

kitten
19th November 2009, 18:38
kimbo, I dub you the one hope of this upcoming season for me! No pressure!

:D

Really though, you'll do great things, even without being able to write long, detailed, passionate, sexy, yearning, urgent, primal, naked, sweaty smut. And there's no rule saying you can't write some long, detailed, passionate, sexy, yearning, urgent, primal, naked, sweaty smut on the side! Like for the fic challenge!

Of course, the graphics and contests are fun, too. I'm sure it will be great.

Ultra
19th November 2009, 19:30
Excellent! Looking forward to it already :)

Booksketeer
19th November 2009, 21:52
EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! (Just for those who are wondering (everyone) that's my squee of joy.)

Yes! The advent calendar! I love you Julie! And kimbo!

:wub:

Kit Merlot
20th November 2009, 03:13
I love the Advent Calendar, and a new story by kimbo--YEAH!!:D

westwingwolf
20th November 2009, 20:52
Yay! My favorite time of the year! This is gonna be fun!

I saw something about a secret santa with fanfics on another forum, I don't know how they do it, but I would imagine anyone who is willing to write a fic signs up and probably says like 5 things they'd want in a fic, and then each author would get another's name and write that fic. Just something to think about if we ever wanted to try it next year or something.

Booksketeer
20th November 2009, 21:55

I saw something about a secret santa with fanfics on another forum, I don't know how they do it, but I would imagine anyone who is willing to write a fic signs up and probably says like 5 things they'd want in a fic, and then each author would get another's name and write that fic. Just something to think about if we ever wanted to try it next year or something.

Oh, that sounds like fun! Can we try that Julie?

Julie
21st November 2009, 00:39

Oh, that sounds like fun! Can we try that Julie?

That sounds like fun indeed. Me and Scorch (who's on the event team for this years Advent Calendar) were talking about maybe exchanging Christmas cards and such. Those that are interested in getting a Christmas card from somewhere (in the world) sign up through some sort of form, with their full name and address and such, then they get a random member who also signed up, to send a Christmas card to.

Could be cool to receive Christmas cards from different places in the world, with like cards specific to that country.

Not sure how do-able it is though... I wouldn't mind sending some Christmas cards around ;)

If that sounds like something fun, and something you wouldn't mind joining in on, let me know by either replying or thanking the post! :)

* Only I would know everyone's addresses and names, and then only the one getting you as their card recipient will know your address and name.

MelBee1985
21st November 2009, 01:32
Secret Santa fics... Yes it'd be a good idea. Jade has been participating in such event for 2-3 years now over another board.

So everyone who wants to take the challenge, it'd be a good idea. We should start soon if we do it, to give time to write.

I know in Jade's secret santa fics event it can be long stories and usually you can have only a chapter or 2 to give for christmas and it's apparently common to have one or 2 people not delivering for christmas, but I don,t think it's a biggie :) I don't think we should restrain to shorts, because some people might feel inspired.

Also I think you need to write down what you want.. like the main idea (usually involving christmas of course), the season where it takes place and the rating. So the person who picks a story about "Lex and Chloe needs to be stuck in a house on christmas" on S5, rating PG13, has to work with that.

i think it's be awesome to try, but first, maybe we'd need a thread about it and see who would be interested. :)

As for the Card's idea, I think it is also cool. It doesn,tcost much to send one car somewehre in the world and it's always nice to receive :) I'm in!

westwingwolf
21st November 2009, 05:41
Sending cards would be cool, I'm in! I love cards!

Julie
21st November 2009, 20:08
Excellent! Those who are interested in joining the Christmas Cards Exchange, please send me a PM with your full name (or whatever is on your mailbox) and full address (also include country ;)).

By sending me your full name and address you agree to have your full name and address given to one other random person (other than me) who also signed up in the exhange, and you are also agreeing that you WILL send a Christmas card to the person you get in the exchange!

Julie
30th November 2009, 21:38
The NS Advent Calendar 2009 website is now up and running!

Big thanks to letia for making the header graphics! :)

Enjoy folks!

lexie
30th November 2009, 21:51
Letia´s done a wonderful job as usual.

I´ve just submitted the answer to enter the contest.*fingers crossed* Good luck everyone!

I´m looking forward to Chapter 1 of the fic.:blinkkiss

Julie
30th November 2009, 21:53
Excellent! :)

alexiel
30th November 2009, 22:27
Very nice layout !

I can wait for the first chapter of te fic !

daria_103
1st December 2009, 00:21
Just had my first look at this advent calendar, it's absolutely gorgeous. The layouts here and on the calendar are always beautiful but I'm really blown away by this years, I love the header, the colours, the font just everything about it is really gorgeous, congratulations and thanks to everyone who had a hand in it.

Booksketeer
1st December 2009, 02:26
Beautiful! Every year it seems to get better. I can't do graphics worth crap, and I'm in awe of someone who can create such beautiful seamless graphics. And the prologue was very intriguing! Can't wait!

letia84
1st December 2009, 03:14
Great its up. I hope people like the art work.

hfce
1st December 2009, 03:55
Great its up. I hope people like the art work.

I love it and I answered the question. :p

slayer44
1st December 2009, 04:14
It looks amazing, just like every year :)

Julie
1st December 2009, 11:27
Glad everyone likes it so far! :D

By the way, the first chapter is now up at the Advent Calendar website ;) Don't forget to leave a review!

Julie
1st December 2009, 23:03
First graphics (1 avatar and 1 wallpaper) are now up at the website! :)

Sport a new avatar every day! You can choose the Advent Calendar avatars as they are released, in your UserCP, Edit Avatar!

All Advent Calendar wallpapers and avatars posted are made by alexiel, unless otherwise noted! :)

What do you think of the first avatar and wallpaper?

http://network.naughty-seduction.net/advent/2009/graphics-day-1/

By the way, avatars and WPs are made by alexiel here ;)

MelBee1985
1st December 2009, 23:31
omg!!! I love Lex's avatar!! He looks just SO adorable. I mean, I've seen the pic before, but with the added effect, he's even more...:drool2:

Nice WP too :)

Julie
2nd December 2009, 01:47
Who wants chapter 2,... NOW? :D

hfce
2nd December 2009, 02:09
who wants chapter 2,... Now? :d

Meeeeeeee!!! :D

Can some one put the link where I can put a longer review please?

Julie
2nd December 2009, 02:19
Meeeeeeee!!! :D

Can some one put the link where I can put a longer review please?

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=7392

hfce
2nd December 2009, 02:21
http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=7392

Thanks. :)

Kit Merlot
2nd December 2009, 03:45
The Advent Calendar looks beautiful and the first avatar/wall paper is just lovely;)

paploo777
2nd December 2009, 07:27
I love Advent time, makes Christmas better. I was looking for the previous couple of years' advent stories and I can't locate them. Do they have a specific spot?

Julie
2nd December 2009, 15:50
I love Advent time, makes Christmas better. I was looking for the previous couple of years' advent stories and I can't locate them. Do they have a specific spot?

Here :)

NS Advent Calendar 2003 - The Magic Of Christmas - Feedback thread (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=13&highlight=advent+calendar)
Serving Christmas (PG-13) (NS Advent Calendar 2005) (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5852)
NS Advent Calendar 2007 - Gifts of Meaning - Complete (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5849&highlight=advent+calendar)
Two Dozen and One Holiday Lies - Complete (NS Advent Calendar 2008) (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6741&highlight=advent+calendar)

westwingwolf
14th December 2009, 15:18
Who won the last Advent Calendar Contest?

Julie
14th December 2009, 15:20
Hey Mindy, sorry, I've been a bit pre-occupied this weekend. I'll have the winner up ASAP! :)

westwingwolf
14th December 2009, 15:29
No worries! Sorry for being pushy.

Julie
14th December 2009, 15:41
No no, don't worry about asking! :) Some times things slip my mind so it's nice to be reminded :D

By the way, the winner is now announced ;)

Julie
20th December 2009, 16:52
I will add the fourth and final contest today (Sunday), and it will have a deadline on Christmas Eve (24th). Then I'll announce the winner on December 25th :)

Julie
24th December 2009, 13:33
The Christmas Eve surprise will be posted soon (or at least it should be :D), as I'm soon off to spend Christmas with the family! Don't forget to enter in the final Advent contest that has a deadline today! :)

Happy Holidays everyone and I'll see you soon! :)

Julie
24th December 2009, 22:03
Sorry about some of the un-posted entries :/ For some reason the scheduled posts didn't post :S

Any ways, I've pushed through the posts now, so the Christmas Eve surprise is up! Go check it out if you're here and reading this! It won't take you long! ;)

lexie
25th December 2009, 03:14
I hope you`ll like it, girls. Merry Christmas to you all.