PDA

View Full Version : Fighting The Obvious (PG-13)

Pages : [1] 2

ColumbiaBlue
20th September 2003, 07:28
Title: Fighting The Obvious
Author: ColumbiaBlue
Rating: PG-13 (for language and crap like that)
Summary: The title states it all. Chloe fights her ever growing feelings for Lex. (forgive the awful summary!)
Disclaimer: Nope, don't own nuttin'.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter One

Lex Luthor sat in the Talon staring blankly at his lap top. This was pointless. He'd been sitting there for over an hour with the curser blinking at him and an empty screen. He leaned back in his chair and squeezed his eyes shut. Maybe if he blinked hard enough, the screen would magically fill with words. Hey, it could happen. It was Smallville after all. He opened his eyes only to be met again with the blank screen. Dammit. He let out a frustrated breath and looked around the cafe. Clark was up at the counter trying to woo who else but Lana and Pete was womanizing yet another Smallville high bimbo. Not that he'd talk to Pete anyone.

The front door opened and in breezed Chloe with a rather perturbed look on her face. She glanced around the Talon , her eyes landing on Clark, and marched over there.

"Hey Chloe." Clark greeted, smiling.

"Don't 'hey Chloe' me, you ass."

A look of confusion crossed Clarks features.

"And don't give me that look Clark. You've really dug you yourself into an elephant sized hole this time."

"Chlo, what are you talking about?" He asked.

"Objection! The familiar cuteing of my name implies that we like each other right now!" She exclaimed.

"What's going on?"

"Oh... do you recall agreeing to stop by a certain friend's house to fix her LEAKING sink that is currently flooding her bathroom?!"

The look of confusion was quickly replaced with an expression of guilt. "Sorry about that... It's just that Lana ne-"

"Don't even start Clark." Chloe interrupted. "There's always an excuse and it usually has something to do with Lana."

"No, you don't understand..."

"I understand! All I do is understand! And I'm tired of it! This is the third time you've stood me up this week for Lana! Now I realize that you feel the need to constantly be her knight in shining armour, but I can't take it anymore!"

"I'm really sorry." Clark sighed.

"You're always sorry Clark. And I'm sick of it. I'm sick of hearing your empty apologies because if you were really sorry, this wouldn't be happening. You wouldn't keep putting Lana above everything and everyone else."

"So I'll come fix it now."

"Don't bother." With that, Chloe turned on her heel and started towards the door.

Chapter Two

Lex shut his lap top quickly and shoved it in his bag. He stood up and then followed Chloe outside.

"So, Ms. Sullivan... I hear you're having pluming issues," he called after her casually.

Chloe turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. "You and everyone else in the Talon. Sorry if I distracted you."

"It was a welcome disruption. You saved me from more procrastinating."

"Lex Luthor procrastinating? Wow. The world must be coming to an end."

"Must be," he replied shrugging his shoulders.

Chloe let out a sigh, watching her breath materialize into a white cloud in the late November air.

"Bad day?" Lex asked suddenly.

Chloe laughed a little, adjusting the shoulder strap tp her messenger bag. "How could you tell?"

"I think it was the rain cloud that followed you in. So your sink's leaking?"

"Yes. Like Niagra Falls. If I don't get it fixed soon I'm going to be responsible for creating the sixth Great Lake."

"Ahh, I can see it now. 'Lake Chloe.' Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

She laughed again. "Yeah well... I have a feeling my dad won't be to thrilled when he finds out. Clark was supposed to fix it but-"

Lex held up a hand. "Say no more. I heard everything."

"Was I really that loud?"

"No. I was evesdropping."

"Never pegged you as an evesdropper Lex," she deadpanned.

"Never pegged you as the type to care Chloe," he retorted.

"Who says I do?"

"I can fix your sink you know."

There went her eyebrows again. He was acting rather strange. "You?"

"Yes. Me."

"Right. That's funny."

"I'm serious. I've had leaky sinks before."

"Don't you have people to fix that kinda crap for you?"

"Well, yeah but... What kind of person would I be if I relied on someone else to do everything for me?"

Chloe stood there, wide eyed. Did that REALLY just come out of his mouth? So the masses we wrong. Lex Luthor was human after all.

"Chloe... why are you looking at me as if I've grown a third ear on my forehead?"

"No reason," she replied quickly. "So, say I trust you with fixing my sink and you end up flooding my bathroom? Then what?"

"I'm not going to flood your bathroom."

"Hypothetically then. What if?"

Lex sighed with a hint of frustration. "Then I would hire someone to fix your sink and pay for any other damages. Happy?"

"It works."

"Okay then, I'll follow you." Lex started towards his car.

"Wait, wait, wait. You're coming to fix it now. As in, right this second?"

"Yeah. That's generally what 'right now' meant Chloe. Why?"

"Oh, no reason," she replied quickly. 'Except for the massive pile of dirty laundry in my room and the underwear that's sure to be lying around everywhere.

"Let's go then." Lex spoke up.

The two headed to their respectful cars and drove off to Chloe's house.

Chapter Three

Chloe opened the door to her house, rushed up the stairs, and into her room. She grapped the pile of laundry and shoved it in her closet, then surveyed the floor for any article of clothing Lex shouldn't see. She opened the door to the connecting bathroom bathroom to be greeted with a puddle of water covering the entire floor.

"Oooh yeah. I see what you mean. Lake Chloe, here we come." Lex's voice spoke up from behind her.

She turned around quickly and then realized that she was holding a red bra. She quickly tired to hide it from Lex's view.

"I see you tried to fix it already." Lex pointed to the box of tools by the sink. He squeezed past her into the bathroom. "Red and lace, huh Chloe?" He added softly.

She knitted her eyebrows together in question of that he was talking about when it clicked. Dammit, he'd seen her bra. She could feel her face turn scarlet. "I'll go get some towels," she mumbled, tossing her bra aside and leaving her room.

She was gathering up as many towels as she could when Lex appeared. "Here, let me help you."

She turned around to see him with his sleeves to his light blue dress shirt rolled up to his elbows, the top two buttons undone, and barefoot. The towels fell onto the floor, forgotten as she stared at him. Thoughts that really shouldn't have been associated with her dad's BOSS were running rabid through her mind.

Lex bent down to pick up the fallen towels. God he smelled good. What was wrong with her? She shook her head, trying to snap herself out of the trance like state she was in and grabbed more towels from the cabinet.

They went into the bathroom and began laying the towels down onto the floor.

"What else do you want me to do?" Chloe asked as Lex laid down under the sink.

"Nothing. I've gotten this taken care of."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Maybe you should look around you room for anything else you don't want me to see. I think I saw a blue bra over by your bed," he smirked at her from his position on the floor. She didn't know if she wanted to smack him for that comment or jump him. She huffed and went into her room, cleaning up a little.

Bastard. There really was a blue bra over by her bed.

"Hey Chloe." Lex spoke up from the bathroom a little while later.

"Oh dear God, don't tell me. You made it worse," she exclaimed rushing over to the dathroom doorway.

"No. I was just going to ask where your dad was?"

'Fishing trip with Mr. Kent. They left yesterday and won't be back until tomorrow night."

"A weekened all alone and you didn't throw a massive party?"

Chloe laughed. "I couldn't throw a massive party even if I wanted too, which, I don't."

"When I was your age, I threw parties whenever I could."

"And that right there is the major difference between you and me Lex."

"Hey, I said when I was your age."

"When you were my age, you were sneaking into clubs and getting to know the Metropolis police."

"Very true. But, I've changed me ways."

"Yeah, now that you dad has exiled you to Crapville."

"True again. But think of it this way. If I hadn't been exiled here then Clark wouldn't of introduced us so I would not be here fixing your sink. Thus leaving you to watch in fear as the water in your bathroom got deeper and deeper."

Chloe raised an eyebrow at him. "Drama queen," she mumbled, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame.

Lex sat up with an amused look on his face. "Did you just call me a drama queen?"

"That I did. What are you going to do about it?"

Lex smirked at her and tossed the wrench aside. He stood up so he was towering over her and looked down.

"I may be shorter than you are but that doesn't mean shit. So come off it already."

Lex let out a little laugh and relaxed. Chloe's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open.

"Did Lex Luthor just laugh Oh my God. Where's a tape recorder when I need one?"

"Contrary to popular belief, I do smile, laugh, and even enjoy myself on occasion."

"Are you saying you're enjoying fixing my sink?"

"Your sink is fixed."

"Then what are you still doing here?"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to get rid of me Sullivan."

"I'm not trying to get rid of you. But why would you want to hang around here when you've got far more important things to do."

"Who says hanging around with you isn't important?"

Chloe gave him an odd look. There was no possible way that Lex fucking Luthor was standing right in front of her saying this stuff. Nope. Wasn't happening.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah. Fine. Why do you ask?"

"I dunno... You just seem a little... not you."

"Not me?"

"Yeah. Like fixing my sink. Not that I'm ungreatful or anything but, it's just a little out of character for you."

"What are you saying?"

"There has to be an ulterior motive."

Lex smirked, raising his eyebrows at her. "There's the Chloe Sullivan I know. Cynical as all hell, always assuming the worst."

"What do you want with me?"

He smirked again and pulled on his socks and shoes. He grabbed his coat and started down the stairs.

"Dammit Lex, answer me!"

He laughed again and turned around to look at her. "I don't want anything from you."

Then why did you do this?"

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"I'm attracted to you Chloe." With that, he turned around and left, leaving Chloe standing at the top of the stairs, stunned.

TBC...

:yay2:

Tandy
20th September 2003, 07:59
You go girl! I'ts a great start, i've been waiting forever for Chloe to tell clark off for good.

Great job, hope you continue soon! :blinkkiss:

Tandy

TheConfusingWorldOfJustin
20th September 2003, 10:21
Ya, nice beginning. :)

Is Lex gonna get Chloe to write whatever stupid thing he has to do, lol. :biggrin: After seeing that, I would just let her be. I wouldn't of want to get chewed out too. ;)

-JJ

tigerbaby
20th September 2003, 13:46
Yes,! *punches fist in air* Thank god our girl Chloe is back. Consider me addicted if there's more of that coming.

Heh heh heh, and he can't pull that blasted jealously card again.

scifichick774
20th September 2003, 14:50
Woot! You go Chloe! More soon please.

beautiful N' Bruised
20th September 2003, 14:57
Love the Clark verbal butt kicking!

Ya know, I think Chloe was more in-character just then, than she has been in the entire last season of SV.

Susan S
20th September 2003, 16:16
That was great! Loved Chloe finally getting fed up with Clark's Lana worship and letting him have it. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Susan S

asharnanae
20th September 2003, 17:03
:biggrin: *GRIN* I think I love this story allready! Chloe chewing out clark was fantastic! more more more!!

hfce
20th September 2003, 23:13
You go Girl :clap:

Hope ;)

happy bunny
21st September 2003, 05:56
:heart: Love it! :heart: Bout damn time she did that, if you ask me. Can't wait for more. I'm intrigued as to how Lex is going to come into this story. So post more soon.

Like now.

Impress
21st September 2003, 07:10
bout time Chloe told Clark off. Now if only she could do that on the show. More soon.

lunaluthor
21st September 2003, 15:03
wow kicking Clarks ass through sun and moon great beginning :yay: :yay:

Kendrix03
21st September 2003, 20:46
Loved that, Clark needed to be put in his place.Can't wait for the next chapter.
:biggrin:

drina
21st September 2003, 21:20
Really cute, and i never would have known lex to be a fixer-upper...

Tandy
21st September 2003, 22:03
That was so utterly cute! I can't wait for the next chappie! Wow really impressed with this fic! :biggrin: Update soon please!

Tandy

petriebird18
21st September 2003, 23:07
wait, you just left it there??? :huh:
GET BACK HERE AND POST ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Deidre~
:chlexsign3:

hfce
22nd September 2003, 03:01
I didnt realize that you added more to your original post. Thank goodness I checked it again. I love that Lex fixed her sink for her. Like I have been saying chloe you are pinning over the wrong guy. ;) More please....

Hope :blinkkiss:

tigerbaby
22nd September 2003, 03:09
Hey, I just reread your first post after reading Hope's post and I gotta say it's pretty damn funny. Especially getting caught with the dirty laundry just lying around.

And yay Lex for being a real man. He can come fix my sink any time *wink*

22nd September 2003, 03:25
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Sep 19 2003, 10:28 PM
"Dammit Lex, answer me!"
It's like they're already dating. :biggrin:

Great update. :) It might be better if you did the updates seperate though. ;)

-JJ

ColumbiaBlue
22nd September 2003, 03:29
AN: Okay, so, my muse won't leave me alone about this story so here's some more. Two posts in a day! I'm proud of myself! As for the following chapter, ya'll are probably gonna kill me cause Chloe and Lana are actually friends but it'll be okay! I promise! lol. Oh yeah, and Lana lives with them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Chapter Four
*Later That Night*

Chloe knocked on Lana's bedroom door and was answered by a muffled "come in." She opened the door to see Lana putting laundry away.

"Hey Chloe," she smiled warmly.

"Hey... uh, can I talk to you about something?"

"Sure." Lana sat down on her bed and patted the spot next to her. "What about?"

"Well..." Chloe trailed off sitting down. "Lex came over and fixed my sink today."

"Lex Luthor?"

"The one and only. Yup."

"Wow. That's a little..."

"Odd? Yeah, and that's not all. I asked him why he did it and he said it was because he's attracted to me."

Lana sat there, staring at Chloe, before letting out a loud squeal. "He actually said that to you?!"

"Yup."

"Those exact words?"

"Yup."

Lana laughed giddily and grabbed Chloe's arm. "Lex Luthor has a crush on you!"

"Okay, Lex and the word 'crush' don't belong in a fifty mile radius of one another."

"I am SO jealous, you have no idea!"

Lana jealous of her? That was a first. "Jealous? Why?"

"Has the fact that Lex is drop dead GORGEOUS managed to escape your attention?!"

"You mean I'm not the only girl who thinks that?" Chloe asked, relieved.

"No! The man is beyond beautiful. So... then what happened?"

"What do you mean?"

"After he said he was attracted to you. What happened?"

"He left."

"What do you mean he left? You didn't say anything?"

"How could I? I was floored!"

"Then you have to go his house or something. Tell him your attracted to him too."

"I am not going over there! No way!"

"Well you have to do something. When the most beautiful man in Kansas tells you he's attracted to you, you don't just do nothing!"

"I bet Clark put him up to it. To get me away from him."

"Chloe." Lana deadpanned.

"What? It sounds like something Clark would do. Or maybe Lex is looking for a way to can my dad but doesn't have a real reason so by getting involved with me h-"

"Take a deep breath and shut up. Your rambling."

"I'm telling you Lana! There has to be a reason for this! Stuff like this just doesn't happen t me."

"Quit being so pessimistic. Why does there always have to be a reason? What if Lex is genuinely attracted to you? Why is that so wall of weird?"

"It just is."

"That's not an answer."

"Yes it is. It's just not one you were looking for."

Lana raised her eyebrow at Chloe and smiled. "Fine then." She got up and grabbed the phone. "If you're going to be difficult, I'll just have to matters into my own hands." She opened her desk drawer and pulled out her phone book.

Chloe's eyes widened. "Wha are you doing?"

"Calling Lex." Lana smiled evily, dialing the number. "You may not have enough courage to but I do."

Chloe jumped off the bed and tried to grab the phone. "What's your damage?!"

Lana held up her hand to silence Chloe. "Hi, is Mr. Luthor in? This is Lana Lang. I need to seak to him about the Talon."

Chloe stood staring at Lana and then turned to leave but Lana grabbed her arm. "Oh no you don't. You're going to sit right here and talk to him."

"I so hate you right now."

"You'll thank me later. Invite me to your wedding."

Chloe flipped her off and let out a frustrated breath.

"Lex? Hi, this is Lana Lang... Fine how are you? Good, well, I have l here and she has something to say to you." Lana held out the phone and Chloe looked at it as if it had the plague.

"You have got to be kidding me." Chloe mumbled.

"Just take the phone." Lana whispered.

"This is SO second grade." Chloe reluctantly took the phone and held it to her ear. "Hello?"

"Chloe? How are you?"

"Fine. How are you."

"Good."

"Good..."

"So, Lana tells me that you have something to say to me?" Chloe could almost hear his smirk. Bastard.

"Yeah. You left before I could say thank you. You know, for fixing my sink and all."

"You're welcome. It wasn't a problem."

"Okay, well-"

"Hey Chloe." Lex interrupted.

"Yeah?"

"About what I said earlier. About being attracted to you. I really meant it." The line went dead before he could get in another word. Chloe stared at the phone for a moment before hanging up. She turned to Lana and scowled.

"You are so voted off my island."

"It wasn't that bad. You didn't even tell him."

"You actually thought I was going to? You should know better than that."

"I was hoping you would take a risk."

"Mmm, not this time. Try back in an hour or so." Chloe replied sarcastically. "I gotta go do home work. Thanks for listening."

"No problem."

"Oh, and I'd appreciate if this stayed between just you and me. Pete would have a major coronary and Clark and I aren't on theest of terms right now."

"Why? What happened?"

"Long story. Really don't want to get into it."

"Ok then. I won't say anything to anyone."

"Thank you." Chloe left Lana's room and went to start her homework.

Chapter Five

Chloe thudded up the stairs the next afternoon, carrying about twenty pounds of homework in her bag. All of her teachers had to be the off-spring of Satan, she was sure if it. She swung open her door the tossed her bag into her room.

"Holy hell!" She screamed, jumping backwards. Lex was sitting on her bed, legs out in front of him, reading on of her magazines.

"These chick magazines are racier than Playboy. There's always some article about how to prolong your this or how to arouse your that," he shook his head.

"Okay, how and why are you in my room, on my bed, and why are you reading Cosmopolitan?"

"I have very good answers to all but one of those questions."

Chloe crossed her arms and looked at him. "So? Out with it."

"Well, Lana let me in a few minutes ago and then disappeared and I decided to wait for you in your room. I figured I'd be a surprise."

"And reading Cosmo?"

"That's the question I don't have an answer to."

Okay, but you still didn't answer why you're here."

"Good question... I'm still trying to figure that one out myself."

"What?" Her eyes narrowed.

'Well..." Lex trailed off, running his hand over the back of his neck. "I was meaning to go to the Talon but... I kinda ended up here. I think my 'id' was trying to tell me something."

"You know Freud."

"That I do."

"The man was a quack."

"How so."

"His whole theory on women having penis envy, yeah, he soooooo pulled that one out of his ass. So... what was your "id" trying to tell you?"

"That I wanted to see you and I wanted to see you NOW!"

"Mmm, very 'id' like must I must say."

"Yes."

"So you wanted to see me?"

"You sound surprised."

"Caught that, did you?"

"Haven't we covered this? I. Am. Attracted. To. You."

"Are you so asinine."

"Ooooh, Barracuda, what crawled up you?"

"Nothing. It's just that your two inches from my head, polluting my brain with your insane ramblings and buzzing like some queer gopher."

"Oooh, aren't you a mouthy little firecracker today?"

Chloe huffed and turned around.

"Where are you going?" Lex called, climbing off her bed and following.

"To the Talon. I've got a bone to pick with Lana."

22nd September 2003, 03:54
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Sep 21 2003, 06:29 PM
"Oh, and I'd appreciate if this stayed between just you and me. Pete would have a major coronary and Clark and I aren't on theest of terms right now."

"Why? What happened?"

"Long story. Really don't want to get into it."

I thought Lana was there to hear her yell at Clark?

Great story. Update soon (What am I saying. I don't always, lol. ;) ). :biggrin:

-JJ

Impress
22nd September 2003, 04:19
Chloe is understandably skeptical. But she needs to get over it and jump him already. more soon.

happy bunny
22nd September 2003, 05:26
Originally posted by Impress@Sep 21 2003, 10:19 PM
Chloe is understandably skeptical. But she needs to get over it and jump him already. more soon.
my thoughts exactly. I don't think he could have spelled it out any clearer. So jump him already!!

randa
22nd September 2003, 05:41
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!! Lex cant let Chloe leave. he has to stop her then trap her and then....ok im not going to go there but i think you get my idea.

i want more!!! just cause this is a great story

randa

vardaquareien
22nd September 2003, 12:28
WoW!!! This fic is absolutely wonderful! I luv their banter, it's so cute :wub: Chloe's reluctence to believe his attraction & her awkwardness with it is very realistic. So...what's Lexy gonna do to convince her he really likes her? :eyebrows: *hint, hint* ;)

scifichick774
22nd September 2003, 15:46
*snicker*

Amusing addition. Can't wait to see Chloe spout off to Lana.

asharnanae
23rd September 2003, 00:57
:yay: oh god this is so good!!!! the banter is just fantastic!! and lana makeing chloe call lex was great, as was him turning up on her room reading cosmo! soo funny , so great, please give us more before I die!!!!!!! I am addicted!

Tandy
23rd September 2003, 01:05
I just love love the verbal judo! It's really well done and right on character! I so love this fic, hope you update soon!

Tandy

hfce
23rd September 2003, 16:19
I loved it please more. :biggrin:

Hope

ColumbiaBlue
23rd September 2003, 21:41
AN: Sorry sorry, no update. It seems as though writer's block has hit yours truely, and it has hit HARD!!!
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
It sucks and it's frustrating and if anyone can help me, I'll love you forever and ever and ever! Cause I just can't seem to figure out where to go with this. My e-mail is Oopsie18@yahoo.com. Heeeeelllppp! Please?

-Manda :huh:

Val
24th September 2003, 03:44
I love it Manda, and I can relate, I got stuck on mine too, damn blocks!

Brittany
25th September 2003, 07:53
:biggrin: I can't believe I haven't read this before now! I love it, I'm seriously addicted ! :blush: I loved it when she was trying to hide her bras, it was so funny! I can totally see Lex fixing her sink, the way you described it was perfect. Oh, and Lex reading cosmo, was possibly my fav, he's too cute! Anyway, you have to get passed your writer's block soon. I suggest Chloe realize how stupid she's being and go break her sink so Lex will have to come over and fix it again! She can also do some of the things she read about in Cosmo!!!! Plaese update ASAP!!! I :worship2: you !!! :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

SexInStilettos
25th September 2003, 21:18
why won't chloe believe him?!?! they were ment to be together!!!!! oh and i love the convo with lana calling lex..hehe :chlexsign1:

Tandy
27th September 2003, 12:02
*teary eyed* NO updates... Why? :crygreen: Please can't wait to read more of this great fic!

Tandy

lunaluthor
28th September 2003, 18:44
the last chapter was hilarious all this screwball bantering you have to update asap I'm dying here :yay: :yay: :yay:

lisa-jayne
30th September 2003, 19:32
i like this story. :) it's so cute. i can't wait for the next update. :)

:chlexsign4:

Sunny
3rd October 2003, 14:54
Strange, but I think it's the very first time I like Lana... Your Lana seems to be more... alive than on the series...
PLease, update quickly! ;)

Sab_Luthor
5th October 2003, 08:46
no way i hate her
i will always hate her
i know you sunny and i'm going to tell that in rosenbaum city
aren't you ashamed
do you loose your mind
when i see her the first thing that i want to do is to kill her

but i adore the story and i want an update quickly please

ColumbiaBlue
9th October 2003, 08:05
AN: Sorry it's been so long but my life has been crazy, crazy lately. But! My writer's block is gone, at least for now, so here's a new chapter for ya'll. Oh, and I should probably mention that this is AU. Enjoy! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Chapter Six

Chloe burst through the doors of the Talon with one very amused Lex Luthor trailing behind her. She marched up to the counter where Clark and Pete were talking to Lana. The minute Clark caught sight of Chloe, he stood up.

"Chloe, I didn-"

"Shove it Freak Show. I don't want to hear it." Chloe snapped, then turned her attention to Lana. "Oh Lana, we need to talk." With that, Chloe disappeared through the swinging doors to the back. Lana scrunched up her eyebrows and gave the three at the counter a questioning look.

The swinging doors opened again and Chloe reappeared. "What are you waiting for? An engraved invitation?" She grabbed Lana's wrist and dragged her back through the doors.

"What's your deal Chloe?" Lana asked once they were in the back, wrenching her wrist away from Chloe's grasp.

"What's my deal? What's MY deal?! I come home from school to find Lex camped out in my room, on my bed, reading Cosmo, and you're asking me what's MY deal? Oh no, I believe the 'deal' we need to focus on is yours."

"Mine?" Lana asked.

"Yes. Yours."

"I have a 'deal'?"

Chloe gave her a 'duh' kind of look. "Why did you let Lex in my room?"

A look of recgonition crossed the girl's face. "Oh! Well, he just showed up, wanting to talk to you, so I told him to wait inside for you."

"And you left?"

"I had to be at the Talon! I didn't think you'd go totally apeshit."

"Yeah Lana, you didn't think. He could've gone snooping. Like in my underwear drawer or something..." 'Not like he hasn't seen it before.' Chloe added mentally thinking back to the bra incident.

"It's not like he hasn't seen it before." Lana replied.

"What?!" Chloe exclaimed. How did Lana know about that?

"Well, I mean, I'm sure he's seen women's underwear before. He does have a reputation of being a bit of a playboy."

Chloe relaxed. So that's what she had meant. "Still! He hasn't seen MY underwear before."

Lana's eyes widened and a smile dangerously close of the Cheshire Cat's spread across her face. "So THAT'S why you're panties are in a twist over this! It's because you like Lex!"

"No I don't! He's attractive and all... but I do not like Lex." Okay, so maybe it was a little lie. A lie that Lana wasn't buying.

"Chloe, now I know I'm not the most absorbent tampon in the box but I'm not stupid or blind."

Chloe did a double take. "D- did you just compare yourself to a box of tampons?"

Lana rolled her eyes. "That's beside the point."

Chloe crossed her arms over her chest and bit her lip. "I don't like Lex."

"Yes you do."

"How do you know? You have no proof."

There went the Cheshire Cat smile again. "Physcial proof, no. But I've heard you in your sleep. 'Oooh, Lex. Yeah, mmm Lex." Lana began yelling.

Chloe slapped her hand over Lana's mouth. "Would you shut the hell up?!"

"Will you admit that you like him?"

"No!"

"Okay then..." Lana took a deep breath and opened her mouth to yell some more.

"Fine!" Chloe exclaimed, laughing a little. "... So I may have a little thing for him. So what? He's the only one that I can have a decent conversation with around here."

"And he hasn't tried to steal your body heat or anything like that." Lana added.

"Yet. And I emphasize YET."

"So what are you waiting for? You're attracted to him, he's attracted to you... go for it."

Chloe laughed sardonically. "This from the girl involved in a perpetual game of 'love tag' with Clark."

"Love tag? Define."

"Love Tag: When two people are equally attracted to each other but keep running from each other when anything remotely romantic happens."

"You're changing the subject again."

"No, I'm not. I admitted to liking Lex. End of subject. Now onto your little situation."

Lana tucked her hair behind her ears and looked around. "Um... I should go check if anyone needs refills." With that, the dark haired girl quickly went through the doors, Chloe following with an amused expression on her face. She went up to Lex, who was in the middle of a conversation with Clark and Pete.

"She's amazing... She makes the women I dream about look like short, fat, bald men." Pete sighed, looking across the Talon.

Chloe followed his gaze to a skinny brunette cheerleader and rolled her eyes. "Well I'm out. See you." She waved and started towards the door.

Lex watched her retreating figure before turning back to Clark and Pete. "I'll see you later." He quickly exited the Talon and caught up with Chloe. "Trying to get rid of me I see."

"Yup, you caught me. Now will you leave me alone?"

"Nope. Can't do."

"Why not?"

"Because my car's at your house."

"Oooh, right. Well, i I take you to your car will you leave me alone?"

"Can't do that either."

"And why the hell not?!"

"Because I like you Chloe."

"Yeah, okay," she scoffed.

"And obviously you don't believe me."

"Nope."

"Well then... I'm going to do everything I can to get you to believe me. Because I really, really like you." Lex leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

She sighed and looked at him. "You're unbelievable."

"I just know what I want." Lex replied, looking straight into her eyes.

Chloe was surprised her knees didn't give out right then and there. She wanted him too. Now if only she could believe he really wanted her.

Tandy
9th October 2003, 09:21
The tampon line had me laughing so hard! I love this Lana! :lol: Great update I'm glad you updated! It's really great!

Tandy

tigerbaby
9th October 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Tandy@Oct 9 2003, 03:21 AM
The tampon line had me laughing so hard!
That line was just classic.

Sab_Luthor
9th October 2003, 13:19
ok come back to me
and update
coz wow i love that
i want more a lot of more

Sunny
9th October 2003, 14:07
Originally posted by Sab_Luthor@Oct 5 2003, 08:46 AM
no way i hate her
i will always hate her
i know you sunny and i'm going to tell that in rosenbaum city
aren't you ashamed
do you loose your mind
when i see her the first thing that i want to do is to kill her

but i adore the story and i want an update quickly please
I said I liked the Lana of this fic, not the one of Smallville ;)
Great chapter... as always.... :worship2:

scifichick774
9th October 2003, 14:21
Lana...tampon... :pclol:

asharnanae
9th October 2003, 23:25
:biggrin: hehehehehehe, soo funny!!!!!! loved the update!!! cant wait for more!

happy bunny
10th October 2003, 02:17
The tampon line sent me into a giggle fit for about 10 minutes. :biggrin:

And did Lana say apeshit? :ohmy: Wow. Never thought I'd see the day.

*smacks Chloe upside the head* JUMP HIM ALREADY!!

hfce
10th October 2003, 06:46
This was great. :lol:

Hope ;)

Brittany
10th October 2003, 07:32
That was great! ;) I can't wait for the next chapter, so don't make me!!!

10th October 2003, 08:07
Nice to see you back CB. :biggrin:

:yay: I sixth the tampon notion, more soon please. :yay:

-JJ

Val
11th October 2003, 05:39
7th the tampom line! That totally cracked me up!! :lol:

And DAMMIT Chloe! Stop being such a chicken!

Elviriel
13th October 2003, 17:37
I loooove Lana. Honestly I love this Lana.
And go for it Chloe ! GO FOR IT !
Update soon.

buffiy18
13th October 2003, 19:47
This is such a fun story. I :wub: it. Lana is hilarious! If only she was more like your Lana on the show. Glad Chloe finally got a clue about her feelings for Lex. Looking forward to seeing how Lex proves his attraction to Chloe. Dont' know how this is AU though.

ColumbiaBlue
16th October 2003, 21:44
AN: I don't know WHY I'm updating this now. My Cubbies just lost game SEVEN of the NLCS :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: I should be locked in a dark room pouting cause it was supposed to be OUR YEAR dammit! It's all my incessent muse, Oliver's fault. So here's chapter seven and please, don't hurt me, but there won't be any Lex jumping for a while... but hopefully you'll like this.

Chapter Seven
*Two Days Later*

Lex was sitting in his home office going over some paperwork when he doors flew open and a whirlwhind of blonde came flying in. He looked up, startled, to see Chloe standing in front of his desk, arms crossed over her chest.

"Hello Chloe," he smirked.

"Skip the plesantries Lex. So I've been thinking."

"And we all know what a danger that can be."

Chloe narrowed her eyes at him but continued. "And I've decided that we should be friends."

Lex blinked at her. "I thought we already were friends."

"Running into each other at the Talon and exchanging witty remarks every once in a while does not qualify as a 'friendship' Lex. I'm talking about hanging out and actually getting to know each other."

"Why?"

"Why? Because a week ago you came to my house and flat out told me that you're attracted to me."

"And you didn't believe me."

"I still don't, which is why we're going to be friends."

Lex sat forward in his chair trying to digest what she was throwing at him. "I'm confused."

"Okay, we're going to forget about the whole you being attracted to me thing for now-"

"We are?" Lex smirked, standing up and walking around the the other side of the desk.

"Yes, we are." Chloe nodded, backing away from him slightly.

"Are you sure you'll be able to do that? Knowing that the man you're trying to become friends with wants more?" He slowly moved toward Chloe.

"Um..." Chloe stuttered. Space. Space was a good thing. She needed space. Closeness would only get her into trouble. But he was making if difficult. Because apparently Lex didn't get that memo. He didn't seem to be sharing her opinion on the space issue.

"Um... what?" Lex asked, that smirk still on his face.

"Well, if you ever want anything to come of this," Chloe paused and motioned between the two of them. "We have to be friends first. And we can't be friends if you're constantly trying to make a pass at me. Okay?"

Lex just stared at her.

"If you don't like the idea then we can just forget abo-"

"No." Lex interrupted. "I think becoming friends is a good idea."

Chloe smiled brightly. "Good."

"Can I just ask you one thing though before we 'forget' about my attraction to you."

"Sure."

"Are you even remotely attracted to me?"

This time, it was Chloe's turn to smirk. "A little bit." With that, she turned on her heal and started for the door. "We'll talk later."

*The Sullivan House*

"You did what?!" Lana exclaimed after Chloe had regailed her with the afternoons previous events.

"I told him that we need to be friends first."

Lana sat, staring at Chloe for a moment before dropping her head to the kitchen table. "Good things are wasted on you, you know that? WASTED!"

"It's not like I'm swearing him off completely. I just think we should get to know each other before anything else happens. And hey, I told him I was attracted to him too."

"You realize that nothing will happen now, right?"

"What?"

"Telling a guy that likes you, you just want to be friends, is numero uno on the no-no list."

"Why?"

"Because it's like the kiss of death. You'll become friends, get to know each other, then a couple months down the road, one of you will want more and the other won't, resulting in MAJOR tension that will eventually lead to the destruction of the friendship. It's the oldest story in the book Chloe."

"I know what I'm doing Lana."

"And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, we should all be afraid."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "What do you know."

"Oh, I know a lot more than you think Chloe. Look at Clark and I."

Chloe raised her eyebrow. This ought to be interesting. "What about it?"

"When he liked me, I was with Whittney. When I liked him, he liked you. Now I don't like him an-"

"Woah, wait, rewind! Clark never liked me!" Chloe exclaimed.

"Yeah he did! Why do you think he avoided you like the plague? He was scared and he knew he messed up by leaving you at the dance."

"But then how do you explain all the mooning over you?"

"He was trying to make you jealous."

"Oh my God..." Chloe whispered softly. "I didn't know. You don't like him anymore either? When did this happen?!"

"When I found out he liked you. But now that I like someone else, he likes me."

"You like someone else?! Who, who?!"

Lana looked down and blushed. "Pete," she mumbled

Chloe's mouth dropped open. "You like Pete?"

Lana nodded and Chloe let out a squeal.

"That is so great! Oh my gosh Lana!"

Lana bit her lip and smiled. "It's not a big deal."

"Big DEAL? This is like the Bombing of Pearl Harbor big deal! You're finally over Clark!"

"Well, yeah that is a big deal. But you're exaggerating on the Pearl Harbor bit."

"Does he know?"

"No! And I don't want him to know either! Not yet anyway."

Chloe laughed. "I could SO get you back for calling Lex the other night."

"Chloe no!" Lana exclaimed, her eyes bugging out. "Please! This is so different then you and Lex!"

"Chill out. I wasn't going to."

"Thank you."

"But don't think I'm not going to hound you until you do something about it. Payback's a bitch and you've earned what's coming." Chloe smiled evily before running out of the kitchen. Lana shot up from her chair and chased after her.

"Chloe Sullivan, I swear, you say ANYTHING to him and I'll kill you!"

TBC...

"Chloe Sullivan, I swear, If you sa

asharnanae
16th October 2003, 22:14
:biggrin: :worship2: lovely stuff!!! and I cant wait for the friendship progression, lots of lovely chlex friendship sceans! and then on with the smut! LOL!!!! great update.

Sab_Luthor
16th October 2003, 22:35
that was priceless and lovely
and the clex scene was very good
continue please i want more

hfce
16th October 2003, 23:04
Aw that was so nice. :wub:

SexInStilettos
17th October 2003, 02:33
My Cubbies just lost game SEVEN of the NLCS I should be locked in a dark room pouting cause it was supposed to be OUR YEAR dammit! It's all my incessent muse, Oliver's fault

i know i know...don't get me started we were oh so close.....oh and i need smut now! hehe j/k no really smut now.... :biggrin:

gina
17th October 2003, 14:05
This is such a cute fic! I can't wait to see Chloe and Lex's friendship develop (and then that friendship can develop into something more... ;) )

Update soon please :)

vardaquareien
17th October 2003, 15:04
I luved Lex stalking her while she was trying to get him to just be friends! :hehe:
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue+Oct 17 2003, 05:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ColumbiaBlue &#064; Oct 17 2003, 05:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"Um..." Chloe stuttered. Space. Space was a good thing. She needed space. Closeness would only get her into trouble. But he was making if difficult. Because apparently Lex didn&#39;t get that memo. He didn&#39;t seem to be sharing her opinion on the space issue.

"Um... what?" Lex asked, that smirk still on his face.
[/b]"Um...if you keep moving closer I&#39;m gonna have to jump your sexy bones&#33;"

Sorry I couldn&#39;t resist&#33; Yeah sure she&#39;s only attracted to him a little bit&#33;*scoff* WHy was she so unnerved at his close proximity then? Coz she wants him...BAD&#33;&#33;&#33;

I luved the whole converation with Blinky, although in this fic she&#39;s actually not Blinky but Lana&#33; You deserve a gold medal for getting me to like her&#33;&#33;&#33; You&#39;ve made her a wonderful character&#33; I totally adored this line:<!--QuoteBegin-ColumbiaBlue@Oct 17 2003, 05:44 AM
"Good things are wasted on you, you know that? WASTED&#33;"[/quote]She stated my thoughts exactly&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol:

scifichick774
17th October 2003, 15:12
Mwaahaahaahaa&#33; I think Chloe *should* call Pete. I&#39;d love to see that convo. ;) As far as Lex - I have a feeling that he&#39;s not going to give up as easily as Lana thinks he will...

Val
17th October 2003, 20:23
Oooh this is great&#33; :lol:
I so can see Lex using their &#39;friends&#39; time together on his favor&#33; :devil:

tigerbaby
17th October 2003, 20:27
:lol: I loved this entire chapter. Lana is likeable and I don&#39;t do Lana.

"I know what I&#39;m doing Lana."

"And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, we should all be afraid."

This one line sums up everything about why I like Chloe. heh heh heh

Sab_Luthor
18th October 2003, 10:16
this chapter was lovely and very funny
update soon please

Tandy
18th October 2003, 11:09
This fic rocks&#33; This fic rocks&#33; It&#39;s so amazing&#33; Please you must continue soon&#33; Please&#33; :worship2:

Tandy

19th October 2003, 23:57
Loved the Pearl Harbor line. :biggrin: (Amateur/Semi-Amateur WWII Nut)

I&#39;m glad to see the tables turning to Chloe&#39;s favor, but I&#39;m sure Lex will get Chloe&#39;s mind to change. Keep it comin :cool:

-JJ

ColumbiaBlue
20th October 2003, 20:08
AN: Thanks for all the feedback&#33;&#33;&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Eight

"What is this?"

"A movie."

"No shit Chloe."

"You asked Lex."

His forehead crinkled. "Are you making me watch a girlie movie?"

"This is a classic."

"It&#39;s a girlie movie."

"Stop complaining and watch. You’re ruining the mood."

"I thought you said we were watching Independence Day?"

"I did."

Lex sighed, glancing down at the small blonde who was stretched out on his couch, her feet resting in his lap.

"Well that doesn’t look like Will Smith."

"That’s because it isn’t."

He eyed the screen for a moment. "This is so not even close to Independence Day."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Gee did the period costumes clue you in?"

"Chloe."

"What? So I changed my mind. This movie is better."

"How can this be better than Independence Day?"

She pointed. "See that guy."

Lex nodded.

"Learn from him."

"What kind of explanation is that?"

Chloe grabbed the remote and paused the movie. "You ever been in love?"

"Once."

"There you go." And with that said she un-paused the movie.

Lex grabbed the remote and paused it again. "And I repeat what kind of explanation is that?"

"You know that feeling you get, the flush, the way your stomach just drops?"

Lex nodded.

"Well this is the movie." She reached for the remote, but Lex held it away from her.

"Why do you girls have to be so vague?"

"Why do you boys always have to have the remote?"

He ignored the jab. "Better explanation Chloe."

"Okay fine," Chloe sighed. "If a girl you had feelings for told you that she didn’t care about any of this. You know, you being a Luthor, the money, and the fame. That it could all go away and nothing would change the way she felt. That all she wanted was you. Just you. Would you or would you not think she was utterly amazing?"

Lex analyzed Chloe momentarily, biting his tongue to keep from saying what he wanted to. They were just going to be friends for now. He had to remember that.

"You would, wouldn’t you?" She asked.

He couldn’t argue with her on that.

"Well. This is it. No sunbursts and marble halls. Just you." She snatched the remote back from him. "Anne of Avonlea is a classic. You’ve got the whole girl is friends with a boy who is in love with her and she’s an idiot and doesn’t see it, she meets someone else only to realize he isn’t as great as the other guy, then she goes back to find that the boy that used to be in love with her is marrying someone else, but despite it all they work everything out."

"Girlie movie."

"It’s not."

"Sure sounds like it to me."

"Whatever. If I can sit through the J-Lo movie you picked based on her looks you can watch this." Chloe concluded.

Lex picked the box up from the floor. "But this sucker is four hours long."

"You got the time and so do I."

"I can’t believe I’m letting you get away with this."

"I can’t believe you are either. Now will you un-pause it so we can watch my sunbursts and marble halls?"

"You know people never say stuff like that in real life."

"Really? I thought they did&#33; Do you think that there is no Santa Claus either?"

He chose to ignore her sarcasm. "I mean it. Guys wouldn’t say those corny lines to get a girl. These movies make real guys like me look bad."

"Only to girls who believe in this love stuff."

"Like you don’t?"

"Nope. I’m not a sucker. This love deal is all over-rated. I for one don’t choose to believe in it."

Lex gave her a contemplative look.

"Now what?" Chloe demanded.

"How come someone who doesn’t believe in love watches movies like this?"

"Love exists, I just choose not to fall."

He raised an eyebrow. "Bullshit. Love isn’t a choice."

"It is for me and I choose not to fall in love."

"Why?"

"You’re not going to let me watch my movie are you?"

He just repeated the question. "Why don’t you want to fall in love?"

"Because I did before and it sucked. Can we watch the movie now?"

"No. I want to discuss this."

"Lex will you let it go already," Chloe sighed.

He handed her the remote. "Don’t think we’re not going to talk about this."

"Why do I feel like I’m on some after-school special?"

"Is this about Clark?"

"Lex, shut the hell up and watch the movie&#33;"

Lex drapped his arm over the back of the couch and un-paused the movie. "You’re one complicated girl you know that?"

"You’re just mad because I’m not a sucker for your charms."

"Just you wait Chloe." He flicked her hair. "You will be."

asharnanae
20th October 2003, 21:53
:biggrin: great update&#33;&#33;&#33;

Tandy
21st October 2003, 00:22
Wonderful job&#33; Love this&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Please update soon&#33;

Tandy

Val
21st October 2003, 02:53
Aww that was cute&#33;
Chloe needs to answer some of his questions though&#33; :p

buffiy18
21st October 2003, 03:01
:biggrin: :chlexsign3: I wish I knew the movie so I could understand more of what Chloe ment, but from her description is sounds like them... hopefully she doesn&#39;t wait too long to be with Lex.

vardaquareien
21st October 2003, 03:47
This was great&#33;&#33;&#33; I love Anne of Green Gables&#33;&#33;&#33; A couple of months ago I performed in a Performance Art piece a friend of mine who is doing fine arts at uni was doing for an assessment. She used this movie coz she loves it so much&#33;&#33;&#33; We even did this scene&#33;&#33;&#33; (have you noticed in the movie when she says "...I just ...want ...you" that the dubbing gets out of sinq?) The line "I don&#39;t want sunburst or marble halls" has always been one of my fav&#39;s from the books but since the performance when we were filming the guy who was Gilbert stuffed up and said "I don&#39;t want marble sunbursts or diamond halls" so now that line always cracks me up&#33;&#33;&#33; :hehe:

Anyhoo, sorry about my life story there...great banter in this chapter. I loved there discussion on love and Chloe&#39;s declaration that she just chose not to fall. Lex&#39;s reaction was classic&#33; I loved the last line and what it sugests&#33;

tigerbaby
21st October 2003, 03:56
Originally posted by vardaquareien@Oct 20 2003, 09:47 PM
This was great&#33;&#33;&#33; I love Anne of Green Gables&#33;&#33;&#33;

(have you noticed in the movie when she says "...I just ...want ...you" that the dubbing gets out of sinq?) The line "I don&#39;t want sunburst or marble halls" has always been one of my fav&#39;s
I loved the books and the movie. I had the biggest crush Jonathan Crombie when that came out. My heart went all pitter patter because he was just trying so hard and she was just so dense. I think you picked the perfect movie for your Chloe and Lex.

I noticed the discrepancy between their lips and the line but it still had the power to make me melt into a puddle. It was delivered with such heart felt emotion that I was bawling at the end.

I&#39;ve also got the third part of that series, when Gilbert goes off to war. That was also incredibly sad what she went through and the ending. I needed a whole box to make it through in one piece.

Sorry to ramble but I loved the movie and it just goes so well with this chappy. Great job.

21st October 2003, 04:59
I believe I saw Green Gables when I was really young, and forget everything about it.

Great Lex, Great Chloe, MORE&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

-JJ

happy bunny
21st October 2003, 05:01
Aww, so adorable. I absolutely love it&#33; Can&#39;t wait for more.

And thanks for posting, even despite our Cubbies loss. *pouts* and they had done so well this year, too. I could have sworn that they were gonna make it. They had a lead in the series and everything&#33; *harumphs* Life&#39;s just not fair...

Anyway, absolutely loved those last two chappies, they were just so cute. Hope you post more soon.

hfce
21st October 2003, 05:52
Oh that was great. I love how they are watching my favorite movie and also I love Anne of Green Gables. Chloe so reminds me of Ann&#39;s fiery spirit.

Hope :chlexsign2:

Sunny
21st October 2003, 13:14
More now, pleasseee&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; This fic is so sweet&#33; It&#39;s adorable&#33; I wish chlex relationship was like this on Smallville :wub:

Kit Merlot
21st October 2003, 16:49
This is a great romantic story&#33; I thought their bantering was cute.

Please continue :biggrin:

scifichick774
21st October 2003, 17:03
Great update. Why do I get the feeling that the &#39;friends-only&#39; bit isn&#39;t going to last for too long?

autumngold
25th October 2003, 08:11
Please, please, please don&#39;t let the "only friends" thing last for long&#33; :biggrin: I really like your story&#33;&#33; Please let Lex wait for her&#33;&#33; :wub: :chlexsign3:

angharad
25th October 2003, 19:50
This fic is hilarious&#33; Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter :)

miss_sixty1115
26th October 2003, 15:05
Great story&#33;&#33;&#33; It&#39;s very funny&#33;&#33; please update soon&#33;&#33;&#33; :biggrin:

Julie ;)

Brittany
27th October 2003, 08:40
:biggrin: Loving this story, can&#39;t wait for another update&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
28th October 2003, 04:15
So I&#39;ve got Mono... :huh: Yeah... How? Not the fun way that&#39;s usually associated with Mono. Nope nope, not the kissing way. I got it from a freakin&#39; drinking fountain. A DRINKING FOUNTAIN&#33;&#33;&#33; Seriously. There&#39;s this Mono epidemic wreaking havoc in my dorm cause some dumbass who had it decided to drink out of the water fountain and contaminate it :hammer: :die: :die: :die: WTF?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; It totally sucks guys. :crygreen:

So the updates on my stories will probably be few and far between for the next six weeks or so. Sorry&#33;

~Manda

hfce
28th October 2003, 04:49
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Oct 28 2003, 03:15 AM
So I&#39;ve got Mono... :huh: Yeah... How? Not the fun way that&#39;s usually associated with Mono. Nope nope, not the kissing way. I got it from a freakin&#39; drinking fountain. A DRINKING FOUNTAIN&#33;&#33;&#33; Seriously. There&#39;s this Mono epidemic wreaking havoc in my dorm cause some dumbass who had it decided to drink out of the water fountain and contaminate it :hammer: :die: :die: :die: WTF?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; It totally sucks guys. :crygreen:

So the updates on my stories will probably be few and far between for the next six weeks or so. Sorry&#33;

Columbia
Oh no grrrr that guy needs this :hammer: Just rest up and take care.

Hope ;)

scifichick774
28th October 2003, 14:57
Poor chica. Get some rest and feel better. We can wait. :)

SexInStilettos
28th October 2003, 23:03
give me his name and address, i&#39;ll kick his ass.... :hammer: i hope you feel better, mono is the worst....

asharnanae
28th October 2003, 23:12
:huh: is it just me bing a spaz, or does anyone else not know what Mono is?? um, so what is Mono???

vardaquareien
29th October 2003, 09:26
I don&#39;t know what it is either&#33; I&#39;ve heard of it in American TV shows but I&#39;ve never heard of it otherwise&#33; Maybe in England and Australia it&#39;s called something else?

hfce
29th October 2003, 18:06
Originally posted by asharnanae@Oct 28 2003, 10:12 PM
:huh: is it just me bing a spaz, or does anyone else not know what Mono is?? um, so what is Mono???
Mononucleosis - an abnormal increase of mononuclear white blood cells in the blood; specifically

A more clear definition what she is going through.

Infectious mononucleosis: an acute infectious disease associated with Epstein-Barr virus and characterized by fever, swelling of lymph nodes, and lymphocytosis .

That is what Columbiablue is going through. I can understand now why she cant write.

Hope :)

asharnanae
29th October 2003, 18:55
:huh: so, kinda like the uber flu??? Man, that must suck.

SexInStilettos
29th October 2003, 23:36
no only is it uber-flu-like but it last for awhile too :bestwishes:

ColumbiaBlue
1st November 2003, 08:13
AN: So, I can&#39;t breathe out of my nose. Just thought ya&#39;ll should know. And it&#39;s Halloween and I can&#39;t do anything or go anywhere and I&#39;ve slept for pretty much 24 hours. So... here&#39;s a new chapter. Enjoy&#33;

Chapter Nine

"I can’t believe I’m going to one of these things." Chloe grumbled from her bathroom.

"Because you made me sit through four hour Anne of something-or-other movie. You do owe me Chloe." Lex replied from his position on her bed.

"Yeah well, when I said that I&#39;d do something for you, I didn&#39;t think you&#39;d make me go to some stupid benefit in Metropolis. You know my dad had a heart attack when I told him." Chloe gave herself the once over and opened the bathroom door.

"Yeah I know. He came up to me at work today and…" he drifted off looking towards the bathroom and blatantly stared. "WHOA&#33;"

Chloe cocked an eyebrow at him as she paused in the doorway. "Is that a good woah or a bad one?"

Lex still wasn’t talking.

"What?" She asked, looking around her room for her purse.

He finally found his voice. "You look…."

Chloe stopped her searching and gave him an odd look. "What?&#33;"

He looked her up and down. "I mean… That dress… it’s like…"

"Like?"

"You’ve got boobs."

Her face crinkled up at the tone and the words.

"I meant…" he said flustered trying to make up for the fact that he had opened his mouth without thinking. "I meant you look really…umm…nice," he blurted. "You look nice."

Her nose scrunched up more. "Thanks. I think?"

He scratched the back of his neck and pointed behind her. "Uh-Your purse is on the night stand," he brought up just to change subjects. She turned and his eyes followed her figure as she padded across the room to retrieve it. The dress was backless too. Lex cleared his throat. "So umm…you ready to get out of here?"

She caught another one of his wide-eyed stares right before they walked out the door and she fixed his shirt collar. She counted off another one when they were in the limo. And countless others at the benefit.

Later That Night

"Chloe there you are. I’ve been looking all over for you."

Despite the tone and inclination, Chloe’s face showed no expression of surprise at Lex’s sudden presence, nor of the fact that he had just interrupted her in mid-conversation. Though the person she had been conversing with obviously was a little taken off guard.

Chloe flashed a million dollar smile at him. "Hey good-looking."

He flashed one straight back, offering no introduction, and no apologizes for cutting in to the man she had been previously chatting with. Intertwining their fingers, he just smiled softly at Chloe and she smiled right back and bit her lip. Without an explanation or a good-bye to the third party in their presence she let him lead her away, acting like they were the only two people in the room, and leaving a somewhat crestfallen young man in their wake. To put it bluntly, their scene, well…it was classic. So all things considered it wasn’t a wonder that Lex couldn’t help but gloat a little. His voice dripping with laughter and all, as they eased their way through the crowd.

"So Chloe what do I get exactly for saving you?"

"Saving?" Her tone was sarcastic, his glee shortlived. Chloe’s eyes bore into his. "I should be the one collecting. Tell me why I’m here again Lex?"

He flinched a little. Okay so she wasn’t thinking he was the best thing since sliced bread at the moment. Scratching the back of his neck he tried his best to look sheepish. "Uh…to see Bruce Wayne?"

"Oh Bruce," Chloe said annunciating. "I remember him&#33;" She snapped her fingers. "Then again he probably doesn’t remember me. I mean," she continued ranting as he pressed his hand in the small of her back, leading her out onto the balcony. "You drag me away from my dream man before I can tell him my name but you let me suffer with Mr. Boring back there even though I’d been giving you the signal for God knows how long."

If there was ever a time to play dumb, this was it. A confused expression fell onto Lex’s face. "We have a signal?"

Chloe raised an eyebrow, not buying the act for an instant. "Alexander."

The full name, definite indicator to not admit the obvious. "What signal?" he repeated innocently. Too bad he couldn’t stifle the mischievous grin that appeared at the words. It would have helped his cause. "Alright," he admitted, shrugging. "But I thought you looked sort of cute pretending to be interested in what he had to say."

Chloe poked him. "Right. Me staring frantically around is supposed to be… cute."

"Well it was."

She rlled her eyes and scoffed. "Yeah, okay."

A comfortable silence fell over the two, Chloe looking out over the city, Lex looking at her.

"Dance with me?"

Chloe looked at him. "What?"

"Dance with me." Lex repeated softly.

"Um, Lex, we&#39;re on a balcony."

"So? Come on. Dance with me and we&#39;ll go."

"Go?" Chloe&#39;s ears perked up.

"Yeah, go. Leave the benefit."

Chloe smiled and let Lex pull her away from the railing. Lex wrapped an arm around her waist and took her hand, resting it on his chest. The sound of strings softly floated out the open doors. Chloe sighed and looked up at him.

A soft smile drifted on his face and he pulled her tighter to him so that her head was resting against his shoulder. "Hey Chloe."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for coming with me tonight."

She looked up at him and smiled again. "You&#39;re welcome. I have to admit, it this is better then what I usually do on Friday nights."

"And what do you usually do?"

"Stay home and watch movies. Alone," she laughed softly.

"Well you&#39;ll never have to watch them alone again."

Chloe rested her head on his shoulder again and the warm feeling spread inside her. She knew he was smiling. She could tell without looking, it was in his voice. And just the thought of it made her heart beat a little faster.

TBC...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks SO much to everyone who reviewed. And a special thanks to hfce, scifichick, SexIn Stilettos, asharnanae, and vardaquareien for their kind words.

:wave:
Manda

Housten
1st November 2003, 08:32
This has to be one of my favorite stories on this site&#33; You are a great writer Manda&#33; This is SUCH a cute story and it&#39;s going to be ever cuter once Chloe opens her eyes and realizes that she needs to maul Lex. Update soon&#33;&#33;&#33;

luv,
Adley

Impress
1st November 2003, 09:56
*sigh* that was so sweet. good update. hope you feel better soon.

autumngold
1st November 2003, 10:39
:clap: I love Lex&#39;s reaction to Chloe and her dress in this story&#33; :wub: I also love how he "rescued" her from Bruce quickly but the boring man slowly&#33; :sunny: :love: Please let Chloe admit to Lex that she likes him before he changes his mind about her&#33;&#33; :yay2: Some of this :smut: would be good too&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign2:

vardaquareien
1st November 2003, 14:45
:wub: Awwww this was so sweet&#33; Lex ogling her in the dress was a classic&#33; The dancing on the balcony was just so beautiful...if that doesn&#39;t wakeher up to her feelings for him then I don&#39;t know what will&#33;

BTW Hope your feeling better&#33; Now that I know what Mono is, I can sympathise properly&#33; You poor thing&#33; (BTW it sounds a bit like Glandular Fever except that&#39;s not contagious)

scifichick774
1st November 2003, 18:06
*squeals* Loved that part. The bit about him dragging her away from Bruce was classic.

ghostwriter
1st November 2003, 19:42
awwww, wow, that was so sweet :wub: Lex being a dork, I can&#39;t get enough of it :biggrin: .
Can we have more soon? pretty please :blinkkiss:

peepsRfun2eat
1st November 2003, 20:27
i just found this fic and i have no idea how i missed it.
1. i love lana tampon line is classic
2. cubs fan hell yes and well it was a sad, i am still in recovery
3. last chapter was just so sweet and i want my own personal lex
i really wish i had paced myself before b/c now i want an update.
also having mono does suck, but you do lose alot of weight. best diet i ever had.
great story, and when you are not sleeping update&#33; please?

ColumbiaBlue
2nd November 2003, 00:05
AN: I&#39;ve decided to incorporate my current illness into the story. This should be interesting… I think you&#39;ll like this chapter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter Ten

Chloe was miserable, to say the least. She had been for the last week and a half. The morning after Lex dragged her to that stupid benefit she woke up with a sore throat. Not giving it much thought, she went about her daily activities. A couple days later, the fever struck. The sucker was 102.5 degrees. And then a cough developed. A nasty, violent one. Chloe thought she was actually going to cough up a lung a couple times.

A week and into all of it, Gabe had finally convinced Chloe that, no, she didn&#39;t have the flu because the flu didn&#39;t last that long, and yes, she needed to go to the doctors. So Chloe hauled herself off to the doctors office where they proceeded to poke and prod her and stick things down her throat.

Mono. She had freaking MONO. How she got it, she hadn&#39;t a clue. She certainly hadn&#39;t kissed anyone as of recently. And then Lana brought home a note from the principal at school, Apparently, there was a mini Mono epidemic raging through the school because Billy Goldman drank from the drinking fountain, not knowing he had the disease. Punkass. So there she was, slumped on her couch watching cheesy soap operas and wallowing in self pity, alone. All alone. Not that she blamed anyone for staying away. Mono may not be contagious by air, but it&#39;s effects were less than pretty.

Chloe sighed and flipped the channel. Ugh. She really hated soap operas. She was just dozing off when she heard the door open and close. Footsteps traveled down the hall and Lex appeared holding a bunch of white and yellow tulips. She knew her mouth fell open and she knew she was gaping.

"I heard you had Mono," he spoke up.

Chloe groaned and flopped back onto the couch. She had been trying to keep that tid bit of information from him. Dammit. "How&#39;d you find out? And how&#39;d you get in?" She asked, dragging herself off the couch and into the kitchen. Lex followed her.

"Clark told me and I used the key under the flower pot. Really original place to keep it Chlo," he smirked, leaning against the counter.

Of course Clark has told him. She wasn&#39;t even speaking to Clark and he still knew every single little detail of her life. Then again, this was Smallville. Everyone knew every single little detail of everyone&#39;s lives.

"Ahh, Clark. How is the bumbling idiot?" Chloe grabbed a kleenex and blew her nose. Then she froze, suddenly realizing that she was still in her pajamas and hadn&#39;t showered in over twenty-four hours. And Lex was in her kitchen. Shit. Something had to be done.

"Clark? He&#39;s worried about you. Just talk to him Chloe so he&#39;ll shut up about how hurt he is. It&#39;s really getting pathetic…"

Lex continued talking but Chloe tuned him out. She didn&#39;t care if she had hurt Clark. She had more important things to care about. Were those flowers for her? Why was Lex at her house at 12:15 in the afternoon? Oh goodness, was that smell coming from her? Chloe went over to the fridge and opened it, searching for… something. She pulled out a bag of rotten apples. So that&#39;s where the smell was coming from.

Was Lex still talking? Jeeze. He needed to go. She probably looked like the Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Lex watched as Chloe zig zagged around the kitchen. "Chloe, stop."

&#39;Yeah, stop. Stop this entire day. Do something. Stop, rewind , pause, ANYTHING so I can get the hell out of here.&#39; Chloe thought. Her little mental tirade was brought to a hault when Lex grabbed her by the shoulders.

"You need to lie down," he said.

Chloe relaxed and let her shoulders slump. "Yeah. You&#39;re right." She grabbed the box of Kleenex and moseyed on over to the couch. She flopped down onto it, wrapping herself in the big down comforter. Lex came and sat down on the edge of one of the coushins.

"Are you okay? You look a little flushed."

Well NO she wasn&#39;t okay. She had a fever and she had just been scrambling around the kitchen like a nut case.

"Um… I&#39;m cold," she mumbled.
"You&#39;re cold? Sweetheart, your cheeks are bright red."

Did he really just call her sweetheart? Aw man. She closed her eyes in order to stop the spinning, only to have them fly open when she felt Lex&#39;s lips on her forehead.

"You&#39;re burning up.," he whispered softly.

"I have a fever," she replied. What the hell was he doing? "Why are you here Lex?"

He feigned shock. "Do I need a reason to see you?"

"Well it is the middle of the afternoon."

"My favorite girl has Mono. And I hadn’t heard from you for a week and a half. I was starting to think I did something wrong."

Was it just her or was he getting closer? She cleared her throat and looked anywhere but at Lex. Her eyes settled on the flowers resting on the coffee table.

"You brought me flowers?"

"Of course." Yup. He was definitely getting closer. Crud.

"Tulips are my favorite."

"I know." Closer.

"How?"

"You told me."

Chloe could feel his breath on her lips. She had to do something.

"Mono&#39;s contagious you know."

"I don&#39;t get sick."

"Lex-" He cut her off by pressing his lips to her&#39;s softly. She felt herself relax, against her will, and sighed. Oh yeah. She could see why all those women fell for him. All he had to do was kiss them.

"Hey Chloe, I brought you your- WOAH&#33;" Clark interrupted himself coming into the living room. He froze at the scene on Chloe&#39;s couch. Lex was kissing Chloe. LEX was kissing CHLOE&#33;

Lex broke away and cleared his throat. Figured.

"Um… hi Clark." Chloe smiled sheepishly.

Clark stood there, stunned. "I… Chloe, I thought you had Mono?"

"I do."

Clark scratched his head. "Were you two-"

"Kissing." Lex and Chloe nodded at the same time.

Clark felt a familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach but it one only associated with Lana. How could Lex kiss Chloe? Chloe liked HIM. Or, used to anyway.

"Clark, are you okay?" Lex asked.

"Um… I… I gotta go." With that, he bolted out of the house.

The remaining two stared at the empty doorway for a moment and then looked at each other.

"Well that was weird." Lex spoke up.

"Very, yes." Chloe leaned back on her pillow and closed her eyes.

"I should probably go too. You need your rest." Lex stood up. "I&#39;ll drop by soon and we&#39;ll talk."

Talk? Why did they need to talk? Was it the kiss? Couldn&#39;t they just chalk it up to the painkillers she was on? Lex kissed her on the tip of her nose and disappeared down the hallway.

*Later That Week*

Lex woke up feeling like he&#39;d been hit by a bus. He ached everywhere. His throat was sore. He had a fever… and a cough. He had tried to ignore it all week but it wasn&#39;t in his imagination. And it wasn&#39;t going away.

He rolled over and grabbed the phone, dialing LuthorCorp. His insipid secretary answered.

"Celia, It&#39;s Lex Luthor. Let everyone know that I&#39;m not coming in today… I have Mono."

Sab_Luthor
2nd November 2003, 00:45
awwww lex kissing chloe even with her mono that&#39;s so cute

SexInStilettos
2nd November 2003, 01:42
Apparently, there was a mini Mono epidemic raging through the school because Billy Goldman drank from the drinking fountain, not knowing he had the disease. Punkass.

lol that was so great&#33; and i love that lex had mono at the end....thats so much for updating when ur sick&#33;&#33; I hope your feeling somewhat better&#33;

scifichick774
2nd November 2003, 02:40
Hee hee hee hee. Lex *finally* made a move and got sick because of it. Love it&#33; And Clark - grrr. He was only upset because Chloe wasn&#39;t fawning over him any more. Loser.

Impress
2nd November 2003, 03:44
*snicker* Lex is so sweet. And poor Chloe, getting sick. and poor Lex, finally gets to kiss Chloe and gets mono.

More when you can.

hfce
2nd November 2003, 03:59
:lol: Lex :hehe: getting mono. :lol: Great update....

I hope you feel better. ;)

Hope

asharnanae
2nd November 2003, 04:07
:biggrin: that was great&#33; and poor chloe and lex with mono&#33; hahah, I cant believe that lex came down with it, just too funny. wonderful

happy bunny
2nd November 2003, 07:24
poor, stupid Lex. He&#39;s so adorable though. *pleads* can I keep him?? Please?

I&#39;ve had mono before, totally sucks. :tease: I hope you&#39;re feeling better soon. I got mine pretty much the same way. No fun for me either. *grumbles something about slutty girls and water fountains*

Now that I&#39;ve gone off on my tangent, just wanna say that I love this story and can&#39;t wait for more. :biggrin:

Tandy
2nd November 2003, 08:09
:lol: :lol: Poor silly lex&#33; :lol: I&#39;m sure he doesn&#39;t regret it though&#33; Wonderful job on this fic&#33; I love it&#33;

Tandy

Housten
2nd November 2003, 09:52
Another update&#33; :yay2: :yay2: :yay2: With Mono and everything&#33;&#33; Great update&#33; Lex caught Mono... couldn&#39;t stop giggling about that. More soon if you feel up to it&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2: :worship2:

Adley

marrycherry
2nd November 2003, 17:37
that chappy was soo sweet&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

i can wait for the conversation between Lex and Chloe, make those two get together soon, please, please

Val
2nd November 2003, 17:51
Aww that was so cute&#33; Lex is so cute&#33; Thanks for updating, hope you&#39;re feeling better&#33;

celticangel
2nd November 2003, 19:25
Awww Lex was so sweet. Chloe better show him some TLC in the next chapter. :wub:

Lulucifer
2nd November 2003, 19:27
Hahahahaha....Lex has MONO&#33; oh boy...and here i thought he can&#39;t get sick. I wonder if this is meteorite related... :biggrin:

autumngold
2nd November 2003, 21:01
:crygreen: I&#39;m so sorry you have Mono, but it does make an excellent addition to your story&#33; :biggrin: Poor Lex getting sick&#33; Will Chloe and him be able to convalesce together?&#33;&#33; :wub: Your story is wonderful and I hope you feel better&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :chlexsign2:

Sab_Luthor
2nd November 2003, 22:42
wow great chapter but where is my update

peepsRfun2eat
3rd November 2003, 00:56
as soon as lex said he couldn&#39;t get sick he should have looked for a piece of wood to knock on. when lex said he had mono that had me rolling on the ground. i mean i feel bad he got it but no one can escape mono. :hehe:

it is going to be worse for him since the older a person is when they get mono the worse it is, unless they are over 25. then it is basically the flu for a day, at least i think so.

but i can&#39;t wait to see how lex deals with it. update&#33; please?

3rd November 2003, 02:00
Great job CB. I hope you&#39;re recovering smoothly. :blinkkiss:

Now that Lex has Mono, it says Lex is more normal than you think. Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter. :biggrin:

-JJ

Calliope
3rd November 2003, 05:19
Now Lex and Chloe can hang out together. :biggrin:

Hope you&#39;re feeling better.

vardaquareien
3rd November 2003, 13:48
Awwwwww :wub: He was willing to gat Mono just for one wittle kiss&#33;&#33;&#33; That&#39;s so sweet...if somewhat stupid&#33; :biggrin: Luved it and hope your feeling better&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kit Merlot
4th November 2003, 14:57
I adore this story&#33;&#33; I like Chloe still being uncertain, but she&#39;s slowly starting to fall for him. And I like Lex being afraid he did something wrong, but showing up at her house to woo her anyway. The tulips were a nice touch:) This is a very romantic and funny story. WELL DONE :biggrin:

I also like Clark walking in on them kissing and feeling jealous. Too late, farmboy&#33; She&#39;s with Lex now&#33;&#33; MWAHAAAA&#33;&#33;

Also, I hope you feel better soon. Did the jackass who started the Mono epedemic just LICK the water fountain?&#33; Jesus, what a freak&#33;&#33; Rest up, and get well soon&#33;

miss_sixty1115
4th November 2003, 20:09
:lol: Lex has mono&#33;&#33;&#33; He was so cute with chloe :wub:
Love this fic&#33; Update soon&#33;&#33;&#33;

Julie ;)

krahmogh
5th November 2003, 22:01
cool, finally someone who doesn&#39;t subscribe to the theory that Lex is now impervious to disease due to the meteor shower. i&#39;m glad that he thought he was and got mono anyway

and since this is the first time i have read this entire fic, i do want to add that i love the line when Lana called Lex and Chloe said "This is so second grade"

ColumbiaBlue
6th November 2003, 06:55
AN: Feeling better. Not great but I can breathe out of my nose&#33;&#33;&#33; I was quite excited about that. And it seems that my muse Oliver is sick of resting cause I&#39;m working on two new stories (i&#39;ve kinda abandoned the other two on here... whoops) that I&#39;ll post later on. But for now, here&#39;s another chapter. Thanks to everyone that reviewed&#33;&#33;&#33;

Chapter... um... whatever... I can&#39;t remember

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

She rolled over. Rolled over right smack into a chest, a chest and some arms woven around her waist. Lex. Her eyes squinted open, the light streaming into the room hitting them so quick she had to shut them again to stop the momentary blindness.

Chloe yawned before letting out a contented sigh as she snuggled in closer to the warmth of Lex’s body. And then she remembered. She had Mono. And so did he. He had dropped by her house earlier that evening, insisting that she return to the mansion with him so they could watch movies together. Her pick.

Ten minutes into &#39;Ever After&#39;, Chloe and Lex were asleep, curled up together on his couch. Her head lifted up, and she braced herself on his shoulders so she could look at the clock.

8:46 PM

A gruff voice called out from under her. "Chloe. You’re squishing me."

She looked down towards her companion, a smile breaking out on her half-awake face. The crinkled nose, the narrowed eyes, the pouted lips… Damn it to hell he looked cute. Yes, cute. A pair of hands wrapped around her waist, and a moment later, she found herself contemplating his cuteness at a closer angle.

Impatient with her reluctance to move from her current position, Lex had taken matters into his own hands and settled her back down on the couch beside him. He gave her a lazy grin. The only kind you could give someone when you’ve just woken up, when you haven’t recollected any of your thoughts, and haven’t quite yet realized where you are. He was better at it than most. It should have been illegal that he could pull it off at all.

Lex shut his eyes again, and buried his head deeper into the pillow, his voice still scratchy. "It’s too early. Go back to bed."

"Early? Lex, it&#39;s almost nine." Chloe mumbled against his chest.

"Nine?"

"Yes, nine. Nine at night, not morning."

"Oh." With that, he pulled her tighter to his chest and closed his eyes again, far to comfortable to let her move.

"Lex. I should go home." Chloe protested.

"Should is a funny word Chloe."

"It&#39;s getting late. I need to sleep."

"You can sleep here."

She lifted her head again. "Lex, get serious."

He opened his eyes and smiled. "I am serious."

"You actually think my dad&#39;s going to let me stay over with you? He&#39;s already suspicious about how you got Mono." Chloe raised her eyebrow. It was true. When Gabe found out Lex had Mono, he questioned Chloe. She told him Lex drank after her before she knew she had it. A likely and believeable story, even if it did make her look like just a big of an idiot as Billy Goldman.

"Only one way to find out." Lex reached behind him and grabbed the phone, hitting the speed dial.

"Are you calling my dad?"

Lex nodded and clapped a hand over Chloe&#39;s mouth when she tried to reply.

"Gabe? Lex Luthor… I&#39;m doing better thank you… Well, Chloe fell asleep during the movie and I don&#39;t have the heart to wake her. She&#39;s resting in one of the guest room&#39;s right now. Would it be alright if she just stayed over tonight? Yes, separate rooms Gabe, you have nothing to worry about. Alright. I should be back at work in a couple of days. See you then… Bye." Lex hung up and smiled smugly at Chloe. "You&#39;re staying."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Twerp."

"Did you just call me a Twerp?"

"Yes I did."

Lex rolled his eyes and ruffled her hair. "Watch the rest of the movie Chloe."

She smiled and rested her head on his chest again.

Later

"Chloe," Lex whispered, breaking out into a smile when she mumbled something incoherent as she fidgeted against the cushions. She was sprawled out in an odd angle, buried deep within the crevices. And no matter which way he saw it she was going to wake up no matter what.

Lex tried again, "Chloe." This time he got more than some mumbling. Her eyes fluttered open.

"Lex?" she murmured tiredly.

He smiled again when she squished the cushion against her face.

"My head hurts," she lamented, her voice still scratchy, and still in a drowsy

Lex kneeled in front of her, reaching over and pushing aside the stray locks that had fallen across her face, "You dizzy?"

Chloe yawned and her eyelids fluttered shut again. "No…yes…"

"Chloe?"

"I’m up," she murmured, eyes still shut.

"You’re going to make me carry you aren’t you?" It was a rhetorical question. Lex already had Chloe nestled in his embrace before he finished the statement. "Just don’t get used to this or anything," he commented as he wrapped her arms around his neck and scooped her up from the couch.

She opened her eyes briefly. "I knew you couldn’t be that good…" She held onto him tighter as he lifted her higher up in his arms. "Where are we going?" she questioned before yawning again.

"Bed."

"Give me the good side, kay…" she mumbled, cuddling up against him.

"Chloe?"

"Hmm…" she worded listlessly as she looked up at him in a sleep induced daze.

Lex shook his head a little, "Nevermind. Forget it."

"Okay." She buried her head deeper against his chest.

He managed to get his bedroom door open and he laid her gently on his bed. He tucked her in before crawling into the other side, lying on his side. He observed her for a moment, contemplating. "Chloe?" he prompted once more.

But she didn’t answer.

She was fast asleep.

Impress
6th November 2003, 07:36
awwwwww....

glad you&#39;re feeling better. and since you are that means you can write more. which means we can get more of this soon.

peepsRfun2eat
6th November 2003, 08:06
yay&#33; you updated&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :yay: :yay: i am glad to hear you are feeling better. now since you are not so sick you can update.

vardaquareien
6th November 2003, 08:14
:wub: that was so gorgeous&#33; I wish I had a Lex to cuddle up to whem I&#39;m sick&#33;&#33;&#33;

Gina41283
6th November 2003, 09:31
lol this is getting cuter and cuter, but now i&#39;m curious.... since they both have mono..... if they were to kiss now.. would that make their mono worse or would nothing would happen?

Sab_Luthor
6th November 2003, 09:37
AWWWW that was so cute the cutest chapter i think
it was so lovely i want another like
lex and chloe cuddling :wub: :wub: :wub:

Brittany
6th November 2003, 10:08
:wub: Awww.. I love it, they&#39;re so cute&#33;&#33;&#33; I love that she gave Lex mono and now they&#39;re all sick and cuddling together&#33;&#33;&#33; I love this fic, so please update super fast&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Also, I loved that Gabe was suspicious about how Lex got mono&#33; :worship2: :worship2:

SinnerSaint
6th November 2003, 11:57
This story is so adorable. I love it &#33; Speaking as someone who has had mono , this story makes it out to be alot cuter than it really is. Although , Lex with mono would probably manage to be cute . Sigh. No one half as sexy as Lex visited me when I had mono . Life is so unfair.

Gea
6th November 2003, 17:23
Glad you&#39;re doing better, one of my best friends had it so I know how a pain Mono can be&#33; I&#39;m home with the flu too but your sweet fic is making me fell warm inside, it&#39;s absolutely sweet&#33;&#33; :wub: But I don&#39;t have anybody here to cuddle to... :sad:

celticangel
6th November 2003, 20:37
Great part&#33;&#33; :worship2: Update soon. :chlexsign1:

asharnanae
6th November 2003, 21:34
:biggrin: sneaky lex&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; heheheheh.

SexInStilettos
6th November 2003, 22:58
first off, i am glad you are feeling better..second..that was a great update&#33; lex was so cute and sweet with her... :blush:

scifichick774
6th November 2003, 23:12
Gah&#33; You can&#39;t leave it there&#33; What did he want to ask her???

Housten
7th November 2003, 00:32
That was SO cute&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub: :wub: :wub: Why oh why are the WB writer&#39;s SO stupid?&#33; Why oh why can&#39;t this really happen?&#33; Why oh WHY?&#33; Glad your feeling better&#33; More soon&#33;&#33;&#33; And I agree with Scifichick, what was Lex going to ask her?&#33;

Adley

hfce
7th November 2003, 03:11
AWWWWWWW that was so cute. :wub: I am glad you are feeling better. Now give us some more.

Hope ;)

happy bunny
7th November 2003, 06:51
I&#39;m glad you&#39;re feeling better; hope you get completely better soon.

Lex is such a cutie pie. *pinches his cheeks* I absolutely love him in this fic.
Can&#39;t wait to see what it was he was gonna ask her.

8th November 2003, 11:28
:biggrin: More will be appreciated.

-JJ :blinkkiss:

Val
9th November 2003, 02:43
aaaaw that was so freaking cute&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:
He was gonna question her about the bed wasnt he? Glad he decided to shut up&#33; Please more soon&#33; :biggrin:

autumngold
9th November 2003, 03:09
I&#39;m glad Gabe is so trusting&#33; :biggrin: The thought of Lex and Chloe snuggling together is so sweet&#33; Thanks so much for the update&#33; I&#39;m glad your feeling better&#33;&#33; :biggrin: :biggrin: Does that mean more updates?&#33;&#33; :chlexsign1:

randa
9th November 2003, 23:06
could they get any sweeter together? i love it and cant wait for more&#33;&#33;

randa

Kit Merlot
11th November 2003, 19:57
I love this story--Lex and Chloe are so sweet together. I wish getting mono was really this romantic :biggrin:

Well done and keep up the great work :chlexsign3:

ladymichelle
11th November 2003, 22:32
They are so cute together&#33; Gabe is oblivious but that is okay because we get ChLex. :wub: :wub: I hope that you are feeling better&#33;

Michelle

ColumbiaBlue
13th November 2003, 23:09
AN: Ever have one of those months where you feel like God&#39;s playing a huge practical joke on you? I&#39;m stuck right smack dab in the middle of one. I&#39;ve been getting better and Monday I decided to attempt my psych class. Well, I was waiting to make a left hand turn and when the arrow turned green I started to go and this dumb woman in a BMW came out of NOWHERE, blew the red light, and slammed into the passenger side of my 4 month old Eclipse convertible, sending me careening into a ditch. So now I have fourteen stitches on my forehead from the windshield glass blowing out and a sprained knee. My car is beyond repair. Then on Tuesday, I was gimping up the stairs and I tripped, accidently straightened my sprained knee, and DISLOCATED it. Bad things really do happen in three&#39;s. So now I&#39;m stuck at home for another 6-8 weeks while my knee heals and I&#39;m SO bored. So I wrote another chapter&#33; Oh, and I&#39;m on Vicodin so if some stuff doesn’t make sense or totally sucks, forgive me. I&#39;m not of the right mind.
-Manda

Chapter itsakadoozie&#33;&#33;&#33;

*A Few Weeks Later

Chloe was frustrated. No, frustrated was an understatement. Irritated. She was irritated. And peeved, no, irate was more like it. Or livid. Any of those words would describe how she was feeling at that moment. She had been absent from school for a week and a half. That went for the Torch as well. She had left Lana in charge deciding that Pete was too busy with sports, and Clark… well, he&#39;d probably end up burning the whole thing to the ground. She figured if Lana could run the Talon effectively, she could handle the paper for a little while.

She was wrong.

She walked into the Torch office on her first day back and nearly had a heart attack. Her mouth fell open and all she could do was make little squeaky noises. It looked as if a tornado had torn though it. Pictures were strewn everywhere, half printed copies of the upcoming issue were lying all over, the printer seemed to be jammed, her computer was re-booting which could only mean it had crashed, and there were ink spills on the floor. And standing in the middle of all the chaos, was Lana and Clark, looking back at Chloe with shock and embarrassment.

"Er… welcome back Chloe." Lana smiled sheepishly.

"W-what happened?&#33;" Chloe exclaimed, dropping her bag. She really didn&#39;t need this. She still had an awful cough, a runny nose, and a massive head ache. That and she hadn&#39;t seen or heard from Lex in a week. A WEEK&#33; Not that she was keeping track or anything… Nope, not at all. Sure, he was in Metropolis and he was probably extremely busy, but too busy for one little phone call?

"Well…" Lana trailed off looking around the destroyed room. "Things got a little out of control."

"A little? Lana, this place is a pig sty&#33;" Chloe yelled.

"Don&#39;t yell at her Chloe. It&#39;s not really that bad and it isn&#39;t her fault." Clark spoke up.

"God, you really are a neanderthal," she mumbled under her breath.

Lana bit back a giggle and tried to keep a straight face. "It is my fault Clark. Chloe trusted me with The Torch and I screwed it up."

"Well she shouldn&#39;t have asked you in the first place. The Torch is her responsibility, not yours." Clark replied.

Chloe narrowed her eyes at him. "I had freaking mono you inconsiderate nitwit&#33; MONO&#33;"

"That didn&#39;t seem to keep you from getting cozy with Lex on your couch."

Chloe tried her hardest not to let the word "bitchslap" leave her lips. Cause that&#39;s what she wanted to do to him. "Get out Clark."

"Did I strike a nerve Chloe?"

"No, but if you don&#39;t leave right now I&#39;ll do a hell of a lot more then strike a nerve to you."

Lana put her hand on Clark&#39;s arm. "You need to go Clark."

Clark&#39;s eyes widened and they looked as if they were about to fall out. "Lana…" he stuttered.

"Just go Clark. You&#39;re only going to make things worse. I&#39;ll see you later." With that, Lana pushed him out the door and shut it.

Chloe stood there in shock. Had Lana really just kicked Clark out of the office? "I think I love you right now Lana."

Lana laughed. "It was the least I could do. And I&#39;m so sorry about the Torch Chloe. I feel awful. And I&#39;m going to clean up everything, don&#39;t worry."

"No&#33;" Chloe exclaimed. "I mean… Thanks for the offer Lana but I think I should do it. You know, I&#39;m really picky how things are in here."

The dark haired girl nodded and laughed. "True. But if you need any help at all, just ask. And I&#39;ll make this up to you somehow. I promise."

Chloe smiled and slumped down into the chair in front of my computer. "What happened to this?" She asked, pointing at the screen.

"Oh yeah… Clark happened."

"I should&#39;ve known. Stupid pinhead. Can&#39;t do anything right."

Lana sat down next to her. "So… what did I hear about you and Lex getting &#39;cozy&#39;?"

"That was Clark talking out of his ass." Chloe replied, not looking away from the computer screen. She could feel Lana&#39;s eyes on her.

"I&#39;m just going to sit here until you tell me what he meant."

Chloe huffed and turned to look at her. "Lex came to visit me."

"Mmm-hmm, and why would that upset Clark?"

"Cause Lex kissed me and Clark walked in on us."

Lana&#39;s mouth hit the floor. "Lex kissed you?&#33;"

"Yeah."

"Oh my gosh Chloe, that&#39;s so great&#33;"

"It was nothing Lana. He was just worried about me."

"Bullshit. It was something Chloe and that&#39;s why you won&#39;t talk about it."

"It was nothing Lana. Nothing."

"How do you know? Have you talked about it with him?"

"No."

"And why not?"

"Because."

"Because is not a valid answer. Why not?"

"Because I haven&#39;t seen him in a week. I haven&#39;t heard from him in a week. No phone call, no e-mail, no text message, nothing. He went off to Metropolis for a few weeks and apparently forgot all about me." Chloe grumbled.

"Oh." Lana replied.

"Oh?"

"Yup. Oh. As in, oh, I see. As in, oh, I understand. As in, oh, you&#39;re worried."

"Worried about what?"

"That he&#39;s forgotten about you&#33;"

"I am not. I just wish I could talk to him." Chloe glanced at her cell phone and pouted a little.

"Oh my God." Lana deadpanned.

"What?"

"You like him."

"Oh God. Not this again. We&#39;ve established this already Lana. Yes, I like him."

"No… I mean… you really like him. It&#39;s almost as if you were-"

"Don&#39;t say it&#33; I am not in love with him&#33;"

"Then why are you acting this way?"

"Because in the few short weeks that I&#39;ve known him, he&#39;s become one of my best friends."

"Best friend? Chloe&#33; What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"He has feelings for you Chloe. And he&#39;s out right admitted that to you. You have feelings for him and he knows it. So why are you still just friends?"

"It&#39;s not the right time."

"And when will &#39;the right&#39; time arrive? What are you going to do when he gets tired of waiting and pushes for something more with you? You&#39;re going to flip a lid."

"Yeah, okay." Chloe nodded sarcastically.

"Chloe, I&#39;m serious. When the shit hits the fan, you are capable of doing a number of things. And if you&#39;re as far gone as I think you are, it isn&#39;t going to be pretty." With that, Lana got up and left the room.

Chloe sat there, head pounding, wishing she was at home in bed. She looked around the office, surveying the damage one last time before getting up flipping off the light. She&#39;d clean everything up after school. She pulled the door shut behind her and sauntered down to the nurse&#39;s office, where she laid down to rest for a bit and ended up taking a two hour nap.

*Later That Afternoon

The bell rang signaling the conclusion of the school day. Chloe went to her locker, stuffing in the books she needed, and headed to the Torch. She unlocked the door, opened it, and stopped dead in her tracks for the second time that day.

The office had been completely cleaned. Everything was organized, the printer wasn&#39;t jammed anymore, and her computer was up and running. But the bigger surprise were the dozens upon dozens of white tulips covering every open surface.

"Oh my stars…" Chloe whispered, letting her bag drop to the floor. She walked in and picked up one of the flowers, bringing it to her nose. Only one person knew she liked white tulips. A pair of strong hands wrapped around her eyes.

"Guess who."

Chloe took his hands away, turning to face him. "Lex," she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Hiya beautiful," he whispered into her hair, placing a light kiss on her temple. "How&#39;s my favorite girl?"

"Did you do all of this?"

"Yup. The flowers and the cleaning."

"You didn’t have to."

"Yes I did," he replied, looking into her eyes.

"Why?"

"Because I didn&#39;t want you to think I&#39;ve been ignoring you. I wanted to call you all week." Lex tucked a strand of her blonde hair that had fallen into her face. "Everything was so crazy though."

"You don&#39;t have to explain yourself Lex. It&#39;s not like we&#39;re-" Chloe stopped herself mid-sentence.

"It&#39;s not like we&#39;re what Chloe?" Lex asked fully knowing what she had been about to say.

"Nothing. Never mind."

Deciding not to press the issue right then, Lex let the comment slide. "I missed you," he said softly.

She smiled up at him. "I missed you too."

"Hey Chloe, just thought I’d swing by to see-" Lana came bounding into the room but stopped when she saw Chloe and Lex wrapped in each other&#39;s arms. "Oh hey Lex," she smiled, then noticed her surroundings. "What&#39;s all this?" She asked pointing to the tulips.

"They&#39;re for Chloe. It&#39;s my way of apologizing to her for the past week."

"See Chloe, I told you he wouldn&#39;t forget about you." Lana teased.

Chloe turned bright red and shot Lana a death glare. "So Lana, have you told Pete that you&#39;re in love with him yet?" Payback was a bitch.

Lana&#39;s face dropped and her cheeks turned scarlet. "Um… I really should be going. See you at home Chloe." Lana hurried out of the room.

Chloe laughed and shook her head. "She&#39;s so easy."

Lex just looked down at her, a look of concern etched on his face. "You thought I would forget about you?"

"Well… I was worried that something had happened to you. The last time you went away to Metropolis for a week, you came home with a fiancee who tried to kill you."

Lex smiled. "You were worried I&#39;d meet another woman there?"

She squirmed uncomfortably. "No…"

He laughed a little, leaning closer so their noses were touching. "You don&#39;t have anything to worry about Chloe. You have my heart whether you like it or not."

Chloe stared into his eyes. He was so wonderful. Maybe Lana had a point. Maybe she should suggest something more between them. Maybe…

asharnanae
13th November 2003, 23:19
:biggrin: fantastic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; white tulips, awwwwww, I love lex when he like this&#33;

tigroon
13th November 2003, 23:23
YOOOOOHOOOOOO &#33;&#33;&#33;
I love this chapter &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now promise you&#39;ll write one a day until your knee is healed :devil:

Sab_Luthor
13th November 2003, 23:29
maybe MAYBE MAYBE WHAT
COME HERE RIGHT NOW AND UPDATE SOON
COZ I SWEAR I&#39;M GOING TO LOOSE MY TEMPER AND IT S NOT PRETTY

Housten
13th November 2003, 23:36
AMANDA&#33;&#33;&#33; You get back here RIGHT NOW and FIX THIS&#33;&#33;&#33; How could you just leave it there?&#33; How? But OMG, the white tulips&#33;&#33;&#33; Lex telling Chloe that she has his heart&#33; How sweet.

But maybe... WHAT?&#33; MAYBE WHAT?&#33; Update, update, UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

luv,
Adley

Impress
14th November 2003, 01:55
Ok, first off: sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you feel better soon.

Second:

that was good. and evil. :lol:

more soon.

hfce
14th November 2003, 03:25
Amanda you have the worst luck. You poor baby. :ohmy: I hope you feel better soon.

I loved this update more please....

Hope :)

Calliope
14th November 2003, 07:02
:ohmy: So, so sorry about your knee&#33;

Rest up. (And write more&#33;) :chlexsign3:

autumngold
14th November 2003, 08:44
I&#39;m so sorry about your new car and of course your knee&#33;&#33; Things are so going to get better for you soon&#33;&#33; Thank you so much for the update to your story&#33;&#33; This chapter rocks&#33; I loved the tulips and Lex assuring Chloe that she still has his heart&#33; :biggrin: You are so excellent&#33;&#33; Feel better soon&#33;&#33; :chlexsign1:

SinnerSaint
14th November 2003, 12:33
You amaze me . With all the horrible things that keep happening to you , you still manage to write spectacular chapters &#33; I really hope that your luck improves . I also hope that you wont have a really bad scar on your forehead and that the airhead in the BMW somehow gets herpes.

nickielh
14th November 2003, 13:50
[COLOR=purple]Just wanted to say I was glad there was an update to this wonderful story. Sorry to hear about your bad month, been there,done that and I hope your luck changes soon. :bestwishes: :chlexsign3:

Kit Merlot
14th November 2003, 20:23
I love this update. I like Lana calling Chloe on liking Lex. And how sweet and romantic a gesture were the flowers and clean office? I love this fic&#33;

What I love the most is the fact that Clark doesn&#39;t even realize that he has lost BOTH girls he&#39;s been stringing along. YES&#33;&#33;&#33; Payback IS a bitch indeed :biggrin:

On a more personal note, I hope you get better soon. Injuries are no fun :huh:

ColumbiaBlue
14th November 2003, 22:58
Originally posted by SinnerSaint@Nov 14 2003, 11:33 AM
I also hope that you wont have a really bad scar on your forehead and that the airhead in the BMW somehow gets herpes.

The herpes thing sent me into a giggle fit&#33; :hehe: :lol: :hehe: :lol: :hehe: :lol:

:hug:
Manda

Val
15th November 2003, 03:02
I&#39;m so sorry to hear about the car accident and your knee. A freaking stupid woman bumped into my car last week too and it&#39;ll have to stay at the shop for two week&#33; The joys of public transportation... :tease:

Anyways, I must say that I&#39;m selfish and am glad you&#39;ll have to stay home for a while. This way you can write loads of wonderful caps like this for us&#33; heheh
No seriously, I hope you feel better soon&#33; But keep writting&#33; :blinkkiss:

ladymichelle
15th November 2003, 05:11
I love that you updated, however I am sorry that you&#39;re hurt. I hope that you feel better soon and not just to update one of my favorite stories&#33;

Michelle

buffiy18
15th November 2003, 06:29
:wub: :wub: This was just a fab chapter. :yay2: Lex is so sweet... flowers are one thing, but to CLEAN the disaster Lana left the tourch in... and to add to the suprise he was there to welcome her... I LOVE IT. :wub: :wub:

Thanks for taking the time to update with all the other :devil: you have going on right now. Things do happen in 3&#39;s and it sounds like you have none left :yay2: Things can only get better. Take care of your self.

BTW... what do you mean Maybe......

Don&#39;t keep us hanging too long... please :worship2:

ColumbiaBlue
15th November 2003, 06:41
Hey peeps&#33; Wanna know what I learned today? Pain killers are great. Not because they relieve pain, but because they give fat, stubborn little muses such as Oliver the swift kick in the rear end they need to start working again&#33; Yay for painkillers&#33; Anyhoo, it&#39;s Friday and I&#39;m stuck on my couch cause I have to be "imobile" for a week, so if Oliver behaves himself, I should get lots of writing done&#33; Thank heavens for my trusty little iBook.
~Manda

Chapter… Fourteen? Fifteen? Aw hell, I dunno.

Chloe sat in her room, typing on her lap top when Lana came bursting in, tears streaming down her face.

"Lana, what is it?" Chloe asked shutting her lap top and clearing off a spot on her bed.

Lana flopped down and wiped at her eyes. "Clark found out about me and Pete."

Chloe did a double take. "You and Pete? What? Since when are you and Pete… you and Pete?"

"Since earlier today&#33; After I interrupted you and Lex at the Torch and you asked if I had told him yet, I actually went and did because I thought you were going to."

"You told him? What happened?"

"Well we&#39;re dating."

"Dating?"

"Going out."

"You are?&#33; I&#39;m so happy for you&#33;" Chloe exclaimed.

"Yeah well, be happy for me later because Clark walked in on Pete and I kissing."

Chloe scoffed. "Yeah, he has a habit of doing that. So he saw you two kissing… then what?"

"Well, the Cliffsnotes version is Clark asked what was going on, Pete told him, and Clark went nuts and started accusing me of leading him on&#33; So go &#39;And you wouldn’t know anything about leading people on Clark. Oh no, never mind the fact that you strung Chloe along like a fucking toy and then ditched her at the dance&#33;&#39; And then he started raving about you and Lex. He knows Chloe. He knows everything. About you going to Metropolis with Lex, about you sleeping at his house, about the tulips. Everything&#33;"

Chloe&#39;s eyes widened. The only other person that knew about all that besides her and Lex was Lana. "Did you ever tell him that stuff?"

"Never&#33; I swear Chloe&#33; I never said a word to him about any of that&#33; I don&#39;t know how, but he found out. And he&#39;s livid."

Chloe knit her eyebrows together. Did Lana just use the word livid? "He&#39;s pissed?"

"Yeah. I&#39;ve never seen him so mad Chloe&#33; And he&#39;s coming here&#33;"

"Wait? He&#39;s coming here? Like right now?"

"I think so."

A loud bang down stairs made the two girls jump.

"Chloe?&#33;" Clark&#39;s voice called. But it didn&#39;t sound like him. His voice was raspy and angry. Loud footsteps pounded up the stairs.

This was bad. This was really bad. Her dad had gone into Metropolis for the weekend for some conferences. So that meant Chloe and Lana were left to defend themselves against an insane Clark.

"Shit…" Chloe mumbled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex sat in his computer chair, feet propped up on his desk, checking his e-mail and thinking about the snarky little blonde that had somehow torn down the walls he&#39;d built around his heart and taken permanent residence there. It was becoming increasingly difficult by the minute to keep things "platonic" between them. Hell, who was he kidding, they had passed platonic a long time ago whether Chloe wanted to admit it or not.

He didn&#39;t know how much longer he could pretend to be fine with the fact that they weren&#39;t more. Earlier in the Torch office, when he had Chloe in his arms, it had taken every fiber in him not to lean down and maul her. He didn&#39;t understand what the hold up was. She knew how he felt and he thought he knew how she felt. Perhaps that was the problem. Perhaps that’s why he felt so uneasy about this. He didn&#39;t know where she stood. He didn&#39;t know where they stood.

He sighed and got up going over to the bar and pouring himself a drink. What scared, yes scared, him was the fact that she had the capability of completely shattering his already bruised and battered heart. He&#39;d meant what he&#39;d said earlier. Chloe had his heart whether she wanted it or not. Lex knew Chloe realized how big a deal it was for him to tell her that. He&#39;d seen it in her eyes that she understood. That was his way of telling her just how much he felt for her without actually saying those three words. He also knew that she had no idea of just how strong a hold she had on him. He would walk through fire if she asked him to.

Lex&#39;s thoughts were interrupted by the shrill ringing of the phone. He glanced over at the Caller I.D. screen and practically bolted over to his phone when the name appeared. Could he be anymore pathetic?

"Hey Chloe."

"Lex, Clark&#39;s on his way over to the mansion to talk to you. He&#39;s mad. Really mad."

Lex raised an eyebrow. " Do you know why?"

"I&#39;m not exactly sure. He came over and demanded that I tell him what&#39;s going on between you and me."

"And what did you say?"

"I told him it was none of his business and he flipped a lid&#33; He yells &#39;Dammit Chloe, tell me what&#39;s going on?&#39; So I told him that nothing&#39;s going on, that we&#39;re just friends and he goes, &#39;Well then why did I walk in on you kissing? Why are you going to benefits in Metropolis with him? Why are you sleeping at his house, in his bed? Why did he cover the entire Torch Office in white tulips? How can you tell me you two are just friends after all that? I see the way you look at each other&#33; Friends don&#39;t look at each other like that&#33; Are you two seeing each other?&#39; He was fucking irrational Lex. Violent even. He almost-"

Lex felt fire run through his veins. If he had touched one hair on her head. "Did he hit you?"

"No. I really thought he was going to though. A couple times. I don&#39;t know how he found out all that stuff. I know Lana didn&#39;t tell him."

"What happened next?" Lex sat down on the couch and leaned forward, resting his elbow on his knee and trying to calm down.

"I told him I didn&#39;t know what was going on with us. Which is true. I told him that we&#39;ve become good friends and that I&#39;d be lying if I said there&#39;s only platonic feelings between us. That we might want something more then friendship."

Lex&#39;s stomach dropped down to his feet and then flew up to his throat. She did still feel something for him. It wasn&#39;t as one sided as he thought. "And how did he react?"

"He went stark raving mad&#33; He started pacing and yelling and swearing. I couldn&#39;t make out a lot of what he was saying but I caught &#39;how could he&#39; and &#39;I&#39;m going to kill him&#39; before he grabbed me by the shoulders and shook he a couple times. Lana managed to get him off of me and then he bolted out the door."
Lex shot up off the couch. "He did what?&#33;"

"He shook me. Really hard. My neck and head hurts from it."

"He hurt you?&#33;" Oh Clark&#39;s head was going to roll. He didn&#39;t care that Clark could probably bench press a small car, he was going to ruin him.

"I&#39;m okay. I mean, it&#39;s not that bad-"

"He hurt you&#33;"

"Lex, don&#39;t so anything stupid."

"Chloe, listen to me, I want you and Lana to pack a few things and come over here for the weekend. I don&#39;t want you alone with Clark like this and with your dad in Metropolis. Okay?"

The doors to Lex&#39;s office flew open and there was Clark, breathless, red faced, and practically breathing fire out of his nose.

Lex smirked. "Chloe, honey, I have to go. Clark&#39;s here." He hung up the phone and turned to Clark, smirk still firmly in place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The next chapter should be up shortly. I just hav to finish it up. Geepers Creepers I&#39;m just a writing machine tonight&#33;
~Manda

ladymichelle
15th November 2003, 07:03
This is great&#33;
I can&#39;t believe that Clark hurt Chloe&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see what Lex does to him.
Thanks for the update&#33;
I hope your feeling better.

Michelle

autumngold
15th November 2003, 08:59
Oh my gosh, Lex grab some green kryptonite&#33; Clark sounds like he&#39;s gone insane&#33;&#33; Please don&#39;t let him hurt Lex&#33;&#33; :biggrin: Lex is way too cute to be hurt&#33; Thank you for your update&#33; I really want to find out what happens in the next chapter&#33;&#33; Maybe some Chlex loving?&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

hfce
15th November 2003, 09:06
I hope you are feeling better. Now more please...

Hope :biggrin:

ColumbiaBlue
15th November 2003, 09:27
I&#39;m so good, two updates in one night. And there&#39;s a possibility of a adding maybe a third update to the list… not sure yet, have to see how Oliver&#39;s doing after this.

Chapter… Clark gets a beat down&#33;&#33;&#33; Kind of…

"Well Clark, Chloe was just telling me you would be dropping by." Lex greeted, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing with Chloe?" Clark asked, stalking towards Lex. Shit, he was intimidating. But Lex stood his ground. He wasn&#39;t going to get pushed around by a high school boy.

"I believe she told you everything Clark."

"BULLSHIT&#33;" Clark bellowed. "That&#39;s bullshit Luthor&#33; Now tell me the truth&#33; What&#39;s going on with you and Chloe?"

Lex let a tiny smile cross his mouth. This was going to be fun. "Why are you so suddenly interested in what Chloe does and who she does it with? Just a few days ago it seemed like you almost forgot she existed. Of course, you forget your own name when you&#39;re around Lana."

"I would never forget about her&#33; She&#39;s my best friend&#33;"

Lex let out a little laugh and walked over to his desk. "Is she?"

"Yes&#33;"

"I assure you you&#39;re wrong."

"WHAT?&#33;" Clark yelled.

"You&#39;re wrong Clark. While you were mooning over Ms. Lang, Chloe got fed up with you. She got fed up with being the second banana. The back-up friend. She got fed up of being forgotten. So, she forgot you."

"She did not&#33; We may not be getting along right now but we&#39;re still friends&#33;"

"You&#39;re not Clark. You were there when it happened. I was too. Her sink was leaking remember? You had agreed to fix it and then, oh, here&#39;s that word again, &#39;forgot&#39; about it because you were at the Talon with Lana. Remember Clark?"

A look of recgonition crossed across Clark&#39;s face but was quickly replaced with fury. "You&#39;re lying. You&#39;re just trying to come between Chloe and I."

"There&#39;s nothing to come between Clark."

"You&#39;re wrong&#33; Chloe&#39;s my friend&#33; She has feelings for me, don&#39;t you remember&#33;"

Lex threw his head back and laughed, sliding into the chair behind his desk. Everything suddenly made sense. He had this argument in the bag. "Had feelings for you Clark. Past tense. She moved on a long time ago. Now the question is, why haven&#39;t you accepted that yet?"

"What?" Clark snapped.

"Why haven&#39;t you accepted the fact that Chloe has moved on. She doesn&#39;t like you anymore. Doesn&#39;t need you…" Lex trailed off, pondering if he should add the next thought. "Doesn&#39;t want you anymore." It was a low blow but Clark deserved it. He had hurt Chloe.

Clark opened his mouth to respond but nothing came out. Lex smiled. He Clark exactly where he wanted him.

"So what&#39;s really bothering you Clark? Is it just the fact that Chloe doesn&#39;t want you anymore? Or is it the fact that Chloe wants me INSTEAD of you?"

Clark&#39;s nostrals flared. "Chloe does not want you&#33;"

"Oh I beg to differ. And you wanna know something? She&#39;s got me. And I&#39;m never going to hurt her like you did."

Lex stood up and went around to the other side of his desk, leaning against it. "You want to know what I find particularly giggle worthy about your situation?

Clark considered him for a moment. "What?"

"When Chloe wanted you, you wanted Lana. And you had her. You had both of them… for a little while. You had Chloe at the dance. But you ran off for Lana. You had Lana for, what, a couple of days? And then you did the wacky and ran off to Metropolis. You threw both of them away. And now? Neither of them want you. Both of them left you behind. Pete has Lana and Chloe has me, leaving you with absolutely no one."

Clark&#39;s shoulders slumped and his face fell. Lex smirked. Check mate.

"You… you… you BASTARD&#33;" Clark yelled slamming his hand into the wall, blowing a whole the size of a watermellon in it. He turned around and ran out of his office, breaking things and knocking more holes in the wall.

Lex picked up the phone and called Chloe. "Hey, I&#39;m sending a car for you right now. I&#39;ll have the guestrooms made up when you get here."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex heard the car pull up and hurried down the stairs. The front door opened and suddenly, Chloe was in his arms, her face buried in his chest.

"Jesus, you&#39;re shaking," he whispered wrapping his arms around her. He couldn&#39;t get her close enough.

"I was so scared Lex." Chloe cried.

He sighed and kissed her head. "It&#39;s alright Chloe. He won&#39;t come near you ever again. I&#39;ll make sure of it."

She looked up at him, tears running down her face. "Promise?"

Lex gazed into her eyes. She looked like a little child. "Of course I promise. I&#39;ll be your body guard if I have to. Okay?" He smiled a little.

She smiled back and nodded. He leaned down and sweetly kissed her. When she didn&#39;t resist or protest, he did it again, this time for a little longer. He pulled back and brushed her tears away with his thumbs. "You&#39;re safe now."

"I know."

The sound of a throat being cleared made Lex realize that they were not alone. He loosened his hold on Chloe and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Lana, are you alright?" Lex asked.

"Yeah, I&#39;m fine. Just a little freaked out."

Lex nodded. "Okay then. I&#39;ll show you to your rooms and I&#39;ll have dinner started."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe bolt up right breathing heavily. The dream had been so real. She had felt Clark&#39;s hands on her shoulders… and then her neck. She didn&#39;t know why this was freaking her out so much. &#39;Get a grip Sullivan. You&#39;ve been through worse. You were buried alive for crying out loud. It was just Clark.&#39;

And that, she realized, was the problem. It was Clark. Clark had hurt her. Not some metor freak. Clark. She threw the covers aside and slipped out of the room and down the dark hallway. She went up another flight of stairs and to his door, opening it quietly.

Moon light illuminated the room. Lex lay on his bare back, silk sheets pulled up to his waist. Chloe quietly closed the door behind her and crept over to the bed, gently sliding in next to him.

"I was wondering how long it would be until you found your way in here." Lex spoke up, rolling onto his side to look at her.

"Did I wake you?"

He shook his head. "No. I can&#39;t sleep."

"Me neither. I keep having nightmares."

Lex looked at her, wanting to reach out and touch her but not completely sure if he should.

As if reading his mind, Chloe asked, "Will you hold me?"

He didn&#39;t have to be asked twice. He took her in his arms, pulling her small body into his. She snuggled up to him, draping her arm over his stomach and resting her head on his shoulder. When her bare legs tangled with his was when he realized exactly how much she had on. A tiny white camisole and exposed the bottom half of her stomach and little blue shorts .

"Thank you so much for doing this Lex," she whispered.

He looked down at her smiling affectionately at her. "Anything for you Chloe."

She smiled back up at him. How had she missed what an amazing man he was? She looked away from him and out the window.

"Chloe?"

She looked back up at him. "Hmm?"

"Will you let me kiss you?" Lex knew he sounded childish asking that but he didn&#39;t want to over step any boundaries after what had just happened.

"Why are you asking?" Chloe laughed.

"To give you a chance to say no," he replied.

She smiled softly at him and touched his cheek with her hand. "I would never say no to you Lex."

Lex leaned down and captured her lips with his. He heard her sigh against his lips and added a little more pressure. He slowly moved so her back was against the bed and his top half was over her. He ran his tongue along her top lip asking for access. She opened her mouth and sighed again when his tongue met hers. Lex moved his hands down to Chloe waist and slowly slid them up her sides until his thumbs were grazing her breasts. Lex broke away and looked at her.

"Is this okay?" He asked.

She nodded and lifted her head to press her lips to his again.

"Wait, wait, Chloe…" Lex whispered.

"What?"

"If this continues, I don&#39;t know how much longer I&#39;ll be… in control. So if you&#39;re uncomfortable with the fact that this will get a lot heavier, very soon, we have to stop now."

Chloe bit her lip and thought for a moment. "I don&#39;t want you to stop Lex."

He stared into her eyes, searching for any doubt. "You&#39;re sure?"

"I&#39;m sure."

He smiled and leaned down and took her mouth again. Their slow, gently kisses soon turned into deep and needing ones. Hands and mouths were everywhere, exploring each other bodies. The sound of clothing being thrown to the floor was followed by soft moans on pleasure.

Lex hovered over Chloe, slowly moving in and out of her.

"Do you know how beautiful you are?" He asked, breathless. He leaned down and brushed his lips against the tip of her nose.

"What?" Chloe managed to force out. This was amazing. What she was feeling and how he felt against her. She never wanted it to end.

"You&#39;re beautiful," he whispered, kissing her lovingly.

Chloe stared into his eyes the entire time. When it was over, Lex rolled onto his back, bringing Chloe with him so she was resting on his chest. He pulled the sheets up a little and kissed her forehead.

Chloe quickly drifted off into a peaceful sleep. But Lex lay away watching her.

"God I love her," he whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, okay, so no third update. Oliver needs a rest. But the next chapter will be up relatively soon.
~Manda

SinnerSaint
15th November 2003, 11:16
I have just decided that I love muses on painkillers . :wub: I cant believe Clark actually hurt Chloe physically &#33;&#33;&#33; Oh , I hope his parents find out &#33; Heh , Mr Keny will probably just make him put up yet another fence .

Susie Q
15th November 2003, 12:07
Chloe quickly drifted off into a peaceful sleep. But Lex lay away watching her.

"God I love her," he whispered.

Awwww :wub: .....Clark&#39;s crazy ass had better not do anything to screw this up. What is up with him and the getting physical anyway....he knows better than that :nono:.

On a side note, I would so love to hear MR use the phrase &#39;giggle worthy&#39; on Smallville. :hehe:

Anyways, feel better Amanda :hug:

asharnanae
15th November 2003, 13:23
:biggrin: *dances the dance of joy&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;* that was fantastic&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

nickielh
15th November 2003, 14:08
[FONT=Courier]You just made my day this morning and yesterday. 3 new wonderful Chapters&#33; Yea&#33; :chlexsign2:

Nickie

kirt30
15th November 2003, 21:20
loving it

Sab_Luthor
15th November 2003, 21:35
awww that was so lovely
great updates

ladymichelle
15th November 2003, 22:43
You updated again&#33;
I loved it, I just wish that Chloe had heard him&#33;

Michelle

happy bunny
15th November 2003, 23:15
Whoa, Clark, psychopathic much? :huh: Is there a reason for his freaky behavior or is it just because he&#39;s PO&#39;d that he&#39;s all alone? I&#39;m so glad that you made him all alone. Serves him right. :tease:

I so love this Lex, he&#39;s such a cutie pie *pinches his cheek*. The "God, I love her." was just so sweet&#33; I love it when Lex is all bumbly and insecure, asking her if he can kiss her and whatnot, it&#39;s just so adorable.

*happy sigh* Wonderful updates.

Pieper
16th November 2003, 00:35
:wub:
Fantastic story. Hope you get better soon.
Femke

Housten
16th November 2003, 01:14
Why can&#39;t you be a writer for the show? *sighs* Excellent updates. So sweet&#33;&#33; :wub:

Clark needs a beat down. A big one. Either that or some SERIOUS anger management classes.

Lex and Chloe are SO adorable&#33; I swooned out loud at Lex asking if he could kiss her. Update soon&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Adley

Impress
16th November 2003, 04:43
aww that was sweet. well except for Clark needing a serious beat down. then again that could be sweet as well. more soon.

hfce
16th November 2003, 08:01
Awww that was so sweet. :wub:

Val
16th November 2003, 18:09
That was so sweet&#33;
Thanks for all the updates&#33; :biggrin:

Béatrice
16th November 2003, 20:29
What&#39;s the problem with Clark? Why doesn&#39;t he get his nerves on Lana, hein?
As for Lex, he&#39;s still so cute&#33; :wub:

miss_sixty1115
16th November 2003, 20:38
So sweet... I love it&#33;&#33;&#33; Can&#39;t wait to read next chapter&#33;&#33;&#33;

Julie ;)

buffiy18
16th November 2003, 23:46
:yay: Great chapters. Oliver works great under painkillers. But I also think he&#39;s great without.

I cannot belive Clark is so crazy... good think Lex was able to strighten out a few of his delusions. I hope he is able to calm down. Lex is really sweet. I wonder how Gabe will feel when he finds out the girls stayed the weekend at Lex&#39; more interesting will be his reaction to their relationship and the fact that they are sleeping togther.

So are Chloe and Lex now an official "couple"? :chlexsign3:

SexInStilettos
16th November 2003, 23:57
aww i think that was the sweetest sex sceen i have ever read.......

ColumbiaBlue
17th November 2003, 05:03
See&#33; I told you the next chapter would be up relatively soon&#33; I&#39;m just that damn good… yeah. Those of you hoping for smut in this fic, sorry, but the last chapter is probably going to be as "graphic" as it gets. But who knows, maybe Oliver will feel particularly naughty and toss out some smut. I really don&#39;t know so stay tuned. He&#39;s a quirky little creature. Thanks so much for all the great feedback&#33; I&#39;m so glad you&#39;re liking this&#33;
~Manda

Chapter…

Lex awoke the next morning to sunlight streaming through the curtains. He squinted against it and yawned, looking down at the still sleeping blonde resting in his arms. The morning light danced across her skin, making her look angelic. God, he wanted to stay like this forever.

Forever.

His stomach tightened into a knot. Forever. It kept echoing over and over in his mind. The word scared the hell out of him. Even more so than the word love did. He had loved his mother. He had loved Pamela. And as much as he hated to admit it, he had loved Helen. But he had never thought about doing anything with a woman &#39;forever.&#39;

Chloe stirred in her sleep, bringing Lex out of his thoughts. He looked down at her again as she moved a little, blonde hair falling into her face. He reached over and tucked it behind her ear, letting his hand trail down her back. He leaned down and gently kissed her bare shoulder.

Her eyes fluttered open and for a split second, he thought she was going to panic. Then she smiled.

"Good morning." Lex whispered.

Chloe smirked at him. "There&#39;s no such thing as a &#39;good&#39; morning Lex. Even after a night like last night."

He let out a light laugh and kissed the tip of her nose. "A night like last night huh? I seem to be drawing a blank. Perhaps you ought to refresh my memory of just how good last night was." Lex leaned over her and started to lean down.

Chloe giggled. "Just because you&#39;re naked doesn&#39;t mean you have to be cheeky."

"But it&#39;s so much fun," he replied, closing the gap between them and lightly kissing her.

It was at that moment when his alarm clock decided to go off.

Lex groaned and pulled away from her. "Dammit," he grumbled, reaching over and slamming his hand down onto it. "I totally forgot. I have to go into work for a couple of hours to check up on a few things."

She sighed. "Okie dokie artichokie."

Lex raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" She asked defensively. "It&#39;s an expression."

"Right. Well, as much as I&#39;d love to lay here all morning with you, I have to get up and take a shower. Care to join me?" He wiggled his eyebrows, leaning down and kissing her neck.

"You&#39;ll never make it into the office." Chloe sighed, tilting her head back.

"You say that like it&#39;s a bad thing," he mumbled, before going back to work on her neck.

"Lex…" she trailed off, quickly losing coherent thoughts.

He scraped his teeth against her skin and then soothed the bite with his tongue. He repeated this action, this time, biting a little harder.

"Hey now&#33;" Chloe shrieked, lightly pushing his head away. "What are you trying to do? Give me a hickey?"

"Yes." Lex replied smugly.

"Go take your shower," she giggled.

"Alright, alright." He leaned down and kissed her quickly a couple times before disappearing into the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later, Lex emerged, a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. He went into his closet and when he came back out, he was completely dressed in black dress pants, a light blue dress shirt, and a darker blue tie. He went over to the bed and sat on the edge, looking at Chloe.

"I don&#39;t want you to leave the mansion while I&#39;m gone." When it looked like Chloe was about to protest, he held a finger to her lips. "I don&#39;t want Clark to be able to get to you. Not after how he behaved last night. I&#39;ll find out what&#39;s going on with him later okay? But until I do, I need you and Lana to stay here. Okay?"

Despite the pout on her face, she nodded. Lex smiled and started to get up but Chloe grabbed his tie, pulling him to her and kissing him. "You look really hot in blue," she mumbled before pushing him away. "Now go to work."

Lex smirked. "When I get back I want to talk about us." With that, he disappeared out of the room.

Chloe waited a few moments and then got out of bed. She found her clothes and quickly threw them on, then she went running down to the room Lana was staying in. She knocked twice and then opened the door. When Chloe saw that Lana was still asleep, she took a running start and jumped onto the bed.

Lana let out a scream and sat straight up. She looked at Chloe let out a shaky breath. "What are you trying to do Chloe? Give me a heart attack?&#33;"

"Sorry. I didn&#39;t mean to scare you but… I gotta talk to you. Something happened between Lex and I last night."

"Chloe Sullivan&#33; Did you have sex with him?&#33;" Lana exclaimed.

Chloe bit her lip and nodded. "I don&#39;t know what happened&#33; One minute we were just lying there and then the next, Lex was asking me if he could kiss me and I was agreeing. It just kinda happened&#33;"

"Wait a minute… how did you and Lex end up in the same bed to begin with?"

"Well… I kinda had a nightmare and went into his room. But that&#39;s besides the point&#33; He had to go into work for a couple hours but when he gets back he wants to have the &#39;us&#39; talk."

Lana blinked at her. "So?"

"So? The &#39;us&#39; talk Lana&#33; He wants to talk about-"

"I know what the &#39;us&#39; talk is. What I don&#39;t understand is why you&#39;re freaking out about it? You slept with him Chloe. It&#39;s to be expected. That and the man is completely butt crazy in love with you."

"Yeah, and I&#39;m a Spice Girl. Please Lana, Lex is not in love with me."

Lana scoffed. "I saw you two together yesterday. When we first got here. I saw the way he was looking at you. The way you were looking at him. He&#39;s in love with you&#33; And you&#39;re in love with him&#33;"

Chloe opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. She so didn&#39;t love him. Nope. No way. Not possible. You couldn&#39;t fall in love with someone in just a few weeks. Could you?

"I just can&#39;t believe you slept with him." Lana spoke up, leaning against the head board. "Was he good?"

"Lana&#33;" Chloe exclaimed.

"What? I&#39;m curious."

Chloe blushed, thinking back to the night before. Lana gasped.

"That good huh?"

Chloe twirled a strand of hair around her finger.

"Wow."

"Lana… good doesn&#39;t even begin to describe him."

The dark haired girl let out a giddly squeal. "Oh my God… So was that the first time you&#39;d ever…"

Chloe shook her head. "No. Last summer when I was in Metropolis for my internship. His name was Josh… he was an intern too. But that doesn’t even begin to compare with last night."

"Chloe, you had sex with Lex Luthor&#33;" Lana exclaimed.

"Just catching that now, huh?" Chloe laughed. "Well I&#39;m going to take a shower. Oh, and Lex doesn&#39;t want us to leave the mansion today. Not until he finds out what&#39;s going on with Clark."

"Stuck in a Scottish castle all day… whatever will we do?" Lana grinned mischeviously.

"Oh my God, what have I done to you?" Chloe asked getting off the bed and leaving the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex returned to the mansion a couple of hours later to find Chloe in her room, dressed in a white tank top and hot pink panties, dancing around and singing along to Outkast&#39;s "Hey Ya&#33;" He leaned against the door frame and watched her intently.

"Now I wanna see ya&#39;ll on ya&#39;ll baddest behavior, lend me some sugar&#33; I am your neighbor, aaaah&#33; Here we go&#33;&#33;&#33; Shake it&#33; Shake it&#33; Shake it like a Polaroid picture&#33;&#33;&#33;" She whipped around, noticing Lex for the first time, and let out a scream. She quickly turned off the music and gave him a hard look.

"What the hell are you trying to do? Scare me to death?&#33;" She exclaimed.

Lex laughed. "I was watching you. You looked so cute dancing around in your underwear."

She narrowed her eyes at him and grabbed a pair of jeans. "You&#39;re such a bastard."

"Hey, them are fightin&#39; words Sullivan."

"Oh yeah?" Chloe arched her eye brow. She tossed the jeans aside and put up her fists. "Bring it on Luthor." She hopped over in front of him and began playfully punching him.

"Oh, now you&#39;ve done it." Lex grabbed her wrist and hauled her small body over his shoulder.

"Hey&#33; Hey you punkass&#33; Put me down&#33;" Chloe squealed.

Lex stalked over to the bed and dropped her onto it. Before he could make another move, Chloe reached up and pulled him down as well, stradling his waist and pinning his shoulders.

"Stupid head." Chloe laughed.

Lex rolled his eyes. "You&#39;ve really gotta see someone about your immaturity."

"You&#39;ve really gotta see someone about your face."

"Exactly my point."

Their laughter subsided and they stared at each other. Lex&#39;s hands came up to rest on Chloe&#39;s waist. She leaned down and pressed her lips to his. Softly at first, but then quickly growing to deep, slow, kisses. His hands slid up her back, bringing the thin material up with them, then slid them back down to her waist again.

They broke away breathing heavily. Chloe stared into his eyes and was surprised to see how serene they were. He had the most beautiful eyes. Lex took one of Chloe&#39;s hands and kissed her palm, before laying it flat against his rapidly beating heart.

"Feel that?" He asked softly.

Chloe nodded.

"It&#39;s yours."

Chloe gasped softly. He had said it before. In the torch office the other day. But she hadn&#39;t really believed him. Thought he was being flirty. But now… his eyes were so sincere. She trailed her other hand down his stomach and felt his heartbeat increase.

He was serious.

She could feel tears well up in her eyes. "Lex…"

"I can&#39;t pretend to be okay with us just being friends anymore. I want to be yours…" Lex swallowed and took a shaky breath. "I&#39;m falling in love with you Chloe."

georgee5
17th November 2003, 05:47
Oh my&#33; Why can&#39;t I get a guy like Lex to say thosse things to me. But at the same time, Lex always kinda scares me with how possesive he is. I think you&#39;re making a good show of him giving her her space and yet still being there for her.

Can&#39;t wait to see what the next Clark/anyone interaction is going to be.

Oh yeah, hope you&#39;re feeling better and getting over Mono sometime soon. I&#39;m one of the lucky never to have contracted. And, hope the crazy lady had insurance (stay off your feet and soak it for all it&#39;s worth). :cool:

Impress
17th November 2003, 05:51
awwww...that was just soo.....awwww.

I&#39;m with georgee5...why can&#39;t I find a guy like that. *sigh*

more soon.

autumngold
17th November 2003, 07:22
I love the last two chapters and I love your muse, Oliver&#33; :biggrin: Please keep him happy so he&#39;ll keep updating as often&#33;&#33; :chlexsign4:

Housten
17th November 2003, 07:45
"Hey&#33; Hey you punkass&#33; Put me down&#33;" Chloe squealed.

Lex stalked over to the bed and dropped her onto it. Before he could make another move, Chloe reached up and pulled him down as well, stradling his waist and pinning his shoulders.

"Stupid head." Chloe laughed.

Lex rolled his eyes. "You&#39;ve really gotta see someone about your immaturity."

"You&#39;ve really gotta see someone about your face."

"Exactly my point."

They are so cute&#33;&#33;&#33; I love this chapter&#33; :wub: This story is one of my favorites on here&#33;&#33;&#33; Update soon&#33; What&#39;s Chloe gonna do? If she flips out...&#33; She better not flip out.

Adley

hfce
17th November 2003, 08:35
That was so sweet. :wub:

SinnerSaint
17th November 2003, 10:38
AWww&#33;&#33;&#33; This chapter was soooo good &#33; I loved the banter and the play fighting.

Sab_Luthor
17th November 2003, 12:30
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Nov 17 2003, 04:03 AM

They broke away breathing heavily. Chloe stared into his eyes and was surprised to see how serene they were. He had the most beautiful eyes. Lex took one of Chloe&#39;s hands and kissed her palm, before laying it flat against his rapidly beating heart.

Chloe nodded.

"It&#39;s yours."

Chloe gasped softly. He had said it before. In the torch office the other day. But she hadn&#39;t really believed him. Thought he was being flirty. But now… his eyes were so sincere. She trailed her other hand down his stomach and felt his heartbeat increase.

He was serious.

She could feel tears well up in her eyes. "Lex…"

"I can&#39;t pretend to be okay with us just being friends anymore. I want to be yours…" Lex swallowed and took a shaky breath. "I&#39;m falling in love with you Chloe."
awwwwww that was so sweet
we can feel oh deep he is in love with her
that&#39;s so obvious for all of us
why can&#39;t i have a man like that

nickielh
17th November 2003, 13:38
I just loved this update&#33; So sweet, so beautiful&#33; Hope Chloe doesn&#39;t freak out and ruin the moment. Again great update and hope to read more soon.

Nickie

asharnanae
17th November 2003, 20:33
:biggrin: magnificent&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Val
18th November 2003, 03:44
OMG&#33; That was soooo cute&#33; :wub:
I absolutelly love this fic&#33;

happy bunny
18th November 2003, 05:11
aww&#33;&#33; :wub:

Yes, that is all I can say for this chapter. Be proud you&#39;ve reduced me to one word (or non-word, whatever).

ladymichelle
18th November 2003, 05:25
That was so sweet how Lex told her he loved her&#33; :wub: :wub: I loved the update and can&#39;t wait for Chloe&#39;s reaction.

Michelle

marrycherry
18th November 2003, 05:37
Originally posted by ColumbiaBlue@Nov 17 2003, 04:03 AM

Chloe nodded.

"It&#39;s yours."

:crygreen: THAT WAS SO ROMANTIC :crygreen: ,
AT THE MOMENT I READ THIS I WAS LIKE:. :love: AND THEN LIKE THIS: :worship2: I MEAN...IF I COULD EVER FIND A GUY THAT TELLS ME THIS...I GONNA BE ONE HAPPY LADY....

PLEASE I NEED TO WHAT HAPPENS NEXT: UPDATE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

sara_noele
18th November 2003, 13:12
I believe I&#39;m joining the club, when I say: I want a man like that&#33; :wub:
This two last chapters got me melting away. Awwww.....

Please update soon &#33;

kirt30
18th November 2003, 18:32
oh good i love this story

scifichick774
18th November 2003, 21:18
*happy sigh* Loving this story. I really am.

Sab_Luthor
19th November 2003, 15:29
*sigh*
i love this more please

Susie Q
19th November 2003, 21:32
You can add another big &#39;ol Awwww :wub: to the list. That was just too sweet. And how cute were Lex and Chloe with all the playful banter. http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/emoticons0/images/smitten.gif Great update.

Kit Merlot
20th November 2003, 18:53
I love this story&#33;&#33; They are too funny with the cute banter. I hope Chloe tells him she loves him soon--I can&#39;t stand the suspense :biggrin:

Also, Clark finally being told off is a beautiful thing. Please continue soon :chlexsign2:

Spacie
21st November 2003, 13:13
Hey everyone, this is my first post here on NS&#33; I absolutely love these smilies&#33;&#33;

:huh: :chlexsign2: :chlexsign1: :chlexsign3: :chlexsign4: :blush: :ohmy: :wub:

Awesome story. Lana is a crack up, which is refreshing as people usally cast her as the evil bitch monster (which she deserves...sorry Lana lovers)

Sunny
21st November 2003, 17:18
God, this fic is so sweet&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; More, please&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
1st December 2003, 07:17
AN: I&#39;ve been meaning to update this, really I have, but Oliver has seemed to just up and quit on me. The first part of "The Coquette" was all I could squeeze out of him before he just kinda went "Ppppfffftttt" and flopped over. Useless, fat, little bastard. Can you fire a muse? Anyone want to lend me their&#39;s while I write the rest of this? Cause it took me two and a half hours to pound this out of the little bugger and I&#39;m not exactly happy with it. And I should warn you, this chapter&#39;s a little angsty. Anyhoo, here you go.

*Another Chapter

Chloe stared down at Lex, unable to move. What the hell had just happened? One minute they had been goofing around and the next Lex was telling her that she had his heart and he was falling in love with her. She knew she should&#39;ve been flattered, Lex actually admitting his feelings. And while it was incredibly sweet… she was confused.

Confused about her feelings for him, confused about what had happened the night before, confused about everything. It was all happening too fast. She wasn&#39;t sure when it had happened, but somewhere in between watching &#39;Anne of Green Gables&#39; and that day he&#39;d visited her at her house, their relationship had surpassed platonic, if it was ever just platonic, and had come to a screeching hault in &#39;no man&#39;s land.&#39; Add in the fact that they&#39;d just had sex and Lex&#39;s admittance to wanting more and Chloe felt as if she were on her way to a massive panic attack.

"Um… Chloe sweetheart, now would be a good time to say something." Lex laughed nervously, bringing her out of her thoughts.

She cleared her throat and took a shaky breath. "You&#39;re falling in love with me?"

Lex reached up and brushed her cheek with his fingertips. "I am."

She let out a nervous laugh and climbed off of him, moving to sit on the end of the bed.

"Chloe-"

"Can we not do this right now?" She interrupted.

"What? Talk about us? Why not now?"

"Well for one, I&#39;m in my underwear."

"But you look so cute."

She smiled a little. "And… Lex, why do we have to do this at all?"

"Why do we have to talk about us?"

"Yeah. Why do we have to define our relationship?"

"Because we made love Chloe." Lex propped himself up on his arms. "Last time I checked, friends don&#39;t do that. And because it&#39;s about time to define our relationship. We&#39;ve been dancing around the subject for a month and a half now. In normal circumstances, I wouldn&#39;t have a problem with this but… it&#39;s different with you. I need to know where we stand."

"Lex…"

"Do you actually think that we could go back to the way we were after last night?"

Chloe was silent for a moment. "No."

Lex sighed and ran his hand over his head. "What are you afraid of?" He asked after several uncomfortable moments of silence.

Chloe looked down at her feet. What was she afraid of? Everything about their relationship. She was afraid of her feelings for him. She&#39;d never felt anything close to what she felt for him. She was afraid how much she needed him. She never needed anyone before. She&#39;d always been independent. And most of all, she was afraid of hurting him. Really hurting him.

But for some reason, she couldn&#39;t tell him that.

"Nothing," she whispered.

"Nothing?" Lex repeated, hardly believing her.

"Nothing," she stated again.

"Then why won&#39;t you let us be more? You know what I feel for you. So why won&#39;t you let me know what you feel for me? What&#39;s stopping you?"

Chloe finally let the tears slide down her face. "I don&#39;t know."

And besides the fact that she was scared shitless, she really didn&#39;t know. It wasn&#39;t a lie. There were times, like last night, where it felt so right to be with him. Like they were made for each other. But then there were times where it felt so wrong that it made her want to run from him. Like she wanted nothing to do with him. She sniffled and wiped at her eyes.

"Why do you need to know where we stand Lex?" She asked quietly.

Lex sucked in a sharp breath. Was he ready to tell her why? Should he tell her why? Or would it just add to her aprehension? Only one way to find out.

"Because I&#39;ve never felt this way about anyone before Chloe. Not even Helen. I can&#39;t stand to admit it but, yes, I loved her. But again, it&#39;s different with you. I don&#39;t know what it is but," he paused and took a deep breath. "But I look at you… and I see the rest of my life."

He knew he went to far when he heard Chloe gasp and saw her eyes widen. Shit. Did he just propose? He thought back to what he had just said and decided that since the words "will you marry me" hadn&#39;t escaped his lips that, no, he hadn&#39;t proposed. But it sounded like he was on his way to doing so. His thoughts were interrupted by Chloe getting up and pulling on her jeans.

"Where are you going?" He asked, starting to get up.

Chloe held her hand up to stop him. "I-I just need to think. Please just… leave me alone for a little while. Okay? I won&#39;t leave the grounds." Chloe turned on her heel and left the room.

Lex flopped back on the bed and groaned, running a hand over his face. "I just really fucked things up didn&#39;t I?"

Béatrice
1st December 2003, 10:34
C&#39;mon Chloe&#33; You know that you love him&#33;

Poor Lex&#33; He&#39;s rejected when he tells her his feelings. Now he&#39;s probably going to wait before telling his feelings.

Please update soon. :chlexsign1:

SinnerSaint
1st December 2003, 11:07
:yay: :yay: Chloe is insane if she doesnt realize she loves him . She needs to tell him so that they can have more sex. Sex is very important in new realationships , you know . ;)

Sab_Luthor
1st December 2003, 13:04
poor lex he don&#39;t understand why chloe don&#39;t profees her undying love for him coz he know she loves him with all her heart
chloe come back and tell him YES I WANT

vardaquareien
1st December 2003, 13:18
Originally posted by SinnerSaint@Dec 1 2003, 08:07 PM
She needs to tell him so that they can have more sex. Sex is very important in new realationships , you know . ;)
*Pointing upwards* You know, Jessica has an extremely valid point there *nods head vigorously*

I love that Lex is so open and put&#39;s his feelings out there on the line. I also think that Chloe&#39;s hestitation is very realistic though. She&#39;d have to have abandonment issues from her mum which would resurface in a new relationship. She&#39;s also not used to having someone love her so honestly and completely either and something like that would probably take a bit of thinking about and getting used to. I hope she works through her issues quickly though coz poor Lexy&#39;s dying for her&#33;

And don&#39;t forget the sex *points upwards again*

nickielh
1st December 2003, 15:27
I agree with Vardaquareien about the whole Chloe situation. A great update and hope to read more soon.

Nickie

hfce
1st December 2003, 17:21
:crygreen: Oh Chloe..... :crygreen: man. I understand but man :sad:

Hope :cool:

scifichick774
1st December 2003, 18:06
Geez, I feel bad for both of them - but happy for me because you finally added some real angst. Is that wrong for me to be so selfish? I&#39;m glad you put it in there, it&#39;s more realistic since they both have issues. More soon please.

ghostwriter
1st December 2003, 18:56
please more?&#33;?&#33;

that was such an amazing chapter that you need to follow it with something else :)
would it help if we feed oliver cake? :cake:

sara_noele
1st December 2003, 20:27
I so can understand her :crygreen: , but I also feel so sad for Lex. :crygreen:
Please update soon&#33;

airria
1st December 2003, 22:17
Uhh, Lex really messed things up with his proposel. I can understand Chloes reaction.

More soon&#33;

Val
1st December 2003, 23:03
OMG, Lex is so damn sweet&#33; Poor him&#33;
But I can see why Chloe reated the way she did, poor her too...
UPDATE&#33;

krissilee06
2nd December 2003, 00:20
OMG, i love how lex is so sweet with her :blush: but i can see why she ran away it being too much for her to handle........shes only supposed to be like 17

carebear72884
2nd December 2003, 00:32
Wow, i just found this fic and its great,
1) Lana~Tampon, :pclol: I laughed for an hour i think, *wipes away tears*..tampon...lol.... i think that was the greatest line ever. *shakes head*..tampon...i dont think i will ever get over it.
2)The mono kiss, so sweet, i cant belive he got sick though, i geuss even the metor rocks cant stop a good case of mono. but i am sure lex never regreted it.
3)White tulips :wub: :wub: :wub: could lex be any sweeter?
4)clark going balistic, lol the poor guy gets no one, go Lex and pete, that jerk deserves it.
5)the sex, yeah, they finally had sex
6)Lex admitting that he is inlove. Go Lex, i love it when he is open with his feelings and he is so so sweet, God, can i have him? why oh why cant there be a sexy left-handed bald billianare for everyone?
7)Chloe....where did your brains go, a sexy left-handed bald billianare just told you that he was yours forever, jump him, i mean really.....i do understand where she is coming form though, it has been only a month and a half and lex is practcly proposing.
8) Get your ass back here and update, you have to fix the mess you made, we are all waiting
9) Tampon.....lmao, oh, so funny
10) did you update yet????

buffiy18
2nd December 2003, 05:45
I know you just updated, and thank, although angsty it was a great chapter. :nono: Oliver needs to shift his butt into gear. He cannot continue like this. I&#39;d give you my muse... but I don&#39;t one :sad:

Again thanks for the great chapter. :chlexsign3:

BrightStar
2nd December 2003, 07:40
Loved the update. Great job, now about Oliver...is he bribeable? Does he like chocolate? Alcohol? What? I&#39;d loan you my muse, but, well, she&#39;s on an extended vacation right now...sorry :huh: But I&#39;m sure if we bribe Oliver with enough stuff, he&#39;ll get right back to it, right???? Right???

~Galen

ladymichelle
3rd December 2003, 03:31
There has to be something wrong with Chloe: I love you from Lex is reason for more sex, NOT LEAVING&#33;&#33;
Please come back soon and fix this&#33;

Michelle

autumngold
3rd December 2003, 07:51
Chloe better stop and come back to Lex because I just know that quite a few of us would be more than willing to take her place&#33;&#33; :biggrin: This is such a great story&#33;&#33; Thanks so much for the update&#33;&#33; :chlexsign1:

ColumbiaBlue
6th December 2003, 11:43
AN: More angst. More humor. No Chlex. Lot&#39;s of Chloe and Lana ranting though. I think this is starting to wrap up… I have a couple ideas of what I want to happen but I&#39;m not quite sure where I want it to go yet… Thanks for sticking with it for so long&#33; I&#39;m surprised all of you aren&#39;t bored with it yet. And a million and one thanks to everyone who has reviewed&#33;

Oh yeah, and this is for scifichick for updating "The Bachelor" so frequently&#33;

*Chapter 0.7952

Chloe glanced at her watch and groaned, tapping the pencil she had in her hand idly against the notebook resting on the table. She&#39;d been sitting in the Talon for over two hours, trying to force herself to work on her next article for the Torch. She looked down at the clean sheet with one sentence written on it. She hadn&#39;t accopmlished much. Couldn&#39;t focus. Every time she tried, her thoughts would drift to the same person who had been occupying all of her thoughts as of late.

Lex.

The sound of a chair scooting out and a mug being placed in front of her brought Chloe out of her thoughts. She looked up to see Lana staring at her expectantly, then looked down to the mug.

"What&#39;s this?" She asked.

"Coffee." Lana replied.

Chloe knitted her eyebrows. "Yes… but why?"

"I was hoping to bribe you into telling me what&#39;s been bothering you for the last four days."

"And a cup of coffee was the best thing you could come up with?"

"A cup of FREE coffee. Free coffee for a week."

"Mmm, and what makes you think anything&#39;s bothering me?"

Lana gave her a pointed look. "You&#39;ve been in a mood since we stayed at the mansion, every time someone mentions Lex&#39;s name you get that &#39;deer-caught-in-the-headlights-&#39; look, your last two articles for the Torch were late and this one seems to be following a similar pattern, and everytime the door opens, your head shoots up in panic. Something&#39;s wrong with you."

Chloe let out a frustrated huff. She hadn’t told Lana about her talk with Lex. She&#39;d been hoping to avoid the topic completely with her room mate. But it didn&#39;t look like that was doing to happen. "Aren&#39;t you supposed to be working?"

Lana narrowed her eyes at Chloe before bellowing, "Natalie, I&#39;m taking a break&#33;" Her focus returned to Chloe. "There. All taken care of. Now talk."

"Lana…"

"Don&#39;t &#39;Lana&#39; me. What happened between you and Lex? Did you have a fight? Did you-" She interrupted herself by gasping loudly. "Oh my God. Chloe, are you pregnant?"

The pencil that Chloe had been tapping against the table went flying out of her hand.

"You are, aren&#39;t you&#33;" Lana exclaimed, jumping up.

Chloe grabbed Lana&#39;s wrist, yanking her back down. "Would you shut the hell up?&#33; And no, I&#39;m not pregnant," she hissed in a hushed voice.

"Well then what is it?"

Chloe took a deep breath, &#39;She&#39;s gonna flip,&#39; she thought to herself. So she began telling Lana everything that had happened. The goofing off, Lex admitting his feelings, her leaving… How she had pretty much avoided him the rest of the weekend. After she finished her story, she sat back and waited. Then, Hurricane Lana came crashing in.

"Chloe Sullivan&#33; What the FUCK is wrong with you?&#33;"

"You just said fuck."

"Yes I KNOW I just said fuck and I&#39;ll say it again&#33; Fuck&#33; Because you are fucking insane&#33;" Lana yelled, attracting the attention of the few Talon patrons.

Chloe got up and dragged Lana into the back, where she continued on with her rant.

"Lex *FUCKING* Luthor admits that he&#39;s falling in love with you, tells you that you *made love*, and says that he sees the rest of his life when he looks at you. You have him completely wrapped around your finger. You broke Lex Luthor, and what do you do? Flip out&#33; See&#33; I told you this would happen&#33; The shit hit the fan and you fucking freaked out and completely destroyed whatever it was you and Lex had going. And it was a good thing you two had going Chloe&#33; So why did you do it?&#33;"

"I was scared okay&#33;"

"Scared of what?&#33;"

"I don&#39;t know&#33; I&#39;m scared of so much when it comes to Lex that I don&#39;t even know where to start&#33; I am terrified of how much he feels for me. When he told me he sees the rest of his life when he looks at me… I thought I was going to throw up. Not that it wasn&#39;t sweet because, God it was… but he practically said he wanted to marry me Lana&#33; I&#39;m only seventeen&#33;"

Chloe paused and took a breath, cursing the tears that started to fall. She sniffled and sank back against the wall. "But you want to know the thing that scares me the most? I&#39;m afraid that all of this will end like everything else does in my life. That he&#39;ll leave me. Just like Clark… just like my mom." She wanted to roll her eyes at how pathetic she sounded. But it felt good to get all of that off her chest.

Lana&#39;s expression softened as she sank down next to Chloe, wrapping an arm around her. "Your mom was stupid to leave you and your dad. And Clark&#39;s a moron for ditching you…and he&#39;s kicking himself for it now. But Lex isn&#39;t Clark. Lex is so much more of a man than Clark is and probably will ever be. What he feels for you, it&#39;s real Chloe. I can tell just by the way he looks at you. I could tell he felt something for you even before this all started. He&#39;d come into the Talon to get the books or something and then he&#39;d spot you and he would just up and go to you. Sometimes in the middle of a sentence. I said something to him about it once and I swear on my life, he blushed."

Chloe laughed. "He so did not blush."

"I swear that he did&#33; He didn&#39;t turn really red but his cheeks were definately pink&#33; I should know&#33; I&#39;m the queen of pink&#33;" Lana burst out laughing.

After the two had composed themselves, they returned to the topic at hand.

"I have no doubt that Lex&#39;s feelings for me are real. The way he looked when he told me… His heart was actually pounding. It&#39;s just scary you know. To have him care that much for me. And to return his feelings."

Lana&#39;s head perked up. "Return his feelings?"

Chloe nodded. "I&#39;m in love with him Lana."

"Oh Chloe…You have to tell him."

"I know."

scifichick774
6th December 2003, 12:50
Awww.

Okay, thanks for updating - but why do I feel like that little A/N at the top was a hint for me to update TB again?

And yes - she needs to tell him. Like the next chapter. That would be good. :)

asharnanae
6th December 2003, 13:15
:biggrin: great update&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; tell him chloe&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; NOW&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :worship2:

Béatrice
6th December 2003, 14:18
Run Chloe. Run&#33; Tell him that you love him. It&#39;s so cute :wub:

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Sab_Luthor
6th December 2003, 14:38
awwwww that was so sweet
i loved this lana she is so different than the lana we all know i prefere this one more please
tha wait is unbearable

Housten
6th December 2003, 14:43
"I swear that he did&#33; He didn&#39;t turn really red but his cheeks were definately pink&#33; I should know&#33; I&#39;m the queen of pink&#33;"

LOVED this line&#33; It had me laughing for like five minutes. Seriously, my room mate was like "what the hell&#39;s your problem?" Then I had her read it and now she agrees, it&#39;s a great line.

And it&#39;s a great update too&#33; Lana saying the f-word, Chloe finally realizing that she loves him... FINALLY&#33;&#33;&#33; Update soon&#33;

Adley

miss_sixty1115
6th December 2003, 15:37
So love it&#33;&#33;&#33; More soon&#33;&#33;&#33;

Julie ;)

Val
6th December 2003, 16:14
Oh that was cute&#33;
Yes Chloe needs to tell him, like, right now&#33; Update soon&#33;

carebear72884
6th December 2003, 20:06
an update, yea&#33;&#33; it was great, i love this version of lana, i wish she was really like this all the time, she said the f-word, lol, anyway, but there wasnt any chlex :(, there beter be more chlex and soon.

hfce
6th December 2003, 23:34
Oh my gosh what is happening. I actually agree with Lana. :ohmy: Great update by the way. ;)

ghostwriter
6th December 2003, 23:41
Now Chloe.....GET YOUR SORRY ASS TO HIM AND TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;...... preferably right now :biggrin:

And go lana&#33;&#33;

krissilee06
7th December 2003, 00:56
That was such a GREAT update&#33;&#33;&#33; I can&#39;t wait to see what happens next&#33;&#33;&#33; But that was sooo mean of you to leave us like this wondering&#33;&#33; (hehe, jk) but anyways, please, please UPDATE SOON&#33;&#33;&#33;
krissilee06 :chlexsign2:

happy bunny
7th December 2003, 01:26
Love this story. And angst is okay, good even. (I know, I&#39;m just weird like that.)

That said, I&#39;m glad this is going to have a happy ending. (Hey, everyone needs *some* fluff and happiness.)

*giggles* And Lana used the F word. I soo love this Lana. Can&#39;t you kidnap (and preferrably kill *eg*) the other blana from the show and replace her with this one?

Can&#39;t wait for the next chapter *hint hint* :biggrin:

vardaquareien
7th December 2003, 12:43
Awwww :wub:

Tell him&#33; TELL HIM&#33;&#33;&#33;

...and I&#39;m yelling at a fictional character...guess it&#39;s time to take the little white pills again&#33;

randa
8th December 2003, 01:53
so i somehow missed the last 6 or 7 updates and dont ask me how
but i have absolutly loved it ALL OF IT&#33; :biggrin:
and now chloe needs to go talk to lex
awesome work&#33;&#33;

randa

Susie Q
8th December 2003, 13:32
*tut tut* Chloe, Chloe, Chloe. Stop being foolish gal and get to going already. You know you can&#39;t just leave Lexy boy hanging like that. :nono:

Kit Merlot
8th December 2003, 18:06
I love this--Chloe finally admitting she&#39;s inlove with Lex and admitting her abandonment issues.
I wish your Lana was the actual Lana on the show. She is pretty cool in your fics.

Please have Chloe tell Lex everything, especially the love part... This fic rocks :biggrin:

WELL DONE&#33;

Impress
8th December 2003, 19:01
good update. chloe so needs to tell him.

gina
9th December 2003, 10:11
Aww, she admitted she&#39;s in love with him. I loved this chapter.

Can&#39;t wait for Chloe to tell Lex&#33; Update soon please&#33; :)

sara_noele
9th December 2003, 14:40
Wow Lana is right, how can that be :huh: &#33;? You have to tell him. Now&#33;&#33;

ColumbiaBlue
11th December 2003, 07:30
AN: Angst and fluff people, angst and fluff. The best combination if you ask me. AND&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; We&#39;ve got Chlex in this chapter&#33; Lots of it too&#33; Yaay for Chlex… anyhoo. The Smallville re-run tonight was the second season finale. Watching Lex marry that stupid coniving bee-yatch Helen once was enough, but seeing it a second time… ugh. So yeah, that is why this chapter is done and up so soon. Nevermind the fact that I have two massive finals in Psych AND Sociology tomorrow that I should be studying for… I was distraught dammit&#33;

So besides the epilogue, I think this is it. Thanks for sticking with it this long&#33;&#33;&#33;

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lex groaned loudly and flopped back in his chair as his little ski guy collided with yet another tree. He rolled his eyes at how pathetic he had become. At how pathetic she had made him. There he was, Lex Luthor, billionaire playboy extrodinare, sitting at his desk playing that stupid little ski game on his computer. That is what Chloe Sullivan had done to him.

She&#39;d been avoiding him for four days and it was driving him insane. He couldn&#39;t focus on his work or anything else except that damn ski game and Solitare. Everytime his phone rang, he&#39;s jump at it like a teenage boy with a crush. His stomach would plumet to his feet everytime someone came into his office, hoping it would be Chloe.

He&#39;d even stooped as low as dialing her number, waiting two rings, and then hanging up. She was the only thing he thought about, day and night, and he was getting tired of it. Something had to be done. If she wasn&#39;t going to come to him, he&#39;d go to her. He&#39;d make her listen… and then make her give him an answer. He was fed up with their relationship being in Limbo.

Lex quickly stood up, sending his chair flying backwards, and grabbed his keys. He practically sprinted out of his office, down the stairs… and right past his father.

"Lex, we need to dis-"

"Later dad." Lex interrupted, running out the front door and getting into his car before his dad could say anything else.

Ten minutes later he was standing on the Sullivan&#39;s front porch, knocking on the door. Lana answered. Why not.

"Hey Lex, what can I do for you?" The dark haired girl asked.

"Is she here?" He asked slightly out of breath.

Lana nodded. "She&#39;s taking a bath."

Lex brushed past Lana and hurried up the stairs and into Chloe&#39;s room. He heard soft music coming from her connecting bathroom and a sly smile crept onto his face. He quietly went over to the door and the flung it open quickly eliciting a high scream from Chloe.

"WHAT THE F- LEX?&#33;"

Lex made no effort to cover up his laughter at the sight of her. Chloe was lying in the large bathtub, completely covered in bubbles, mouth hanging open, suds dripping from her hair.

"What in God&#39;s name are you trying to do Luthor?&#33;" She yelled. "Get out&#33;" She quickly looked to make sure the bubbles were covering anything she didn&#39;t want him to see.

Lex smirked and leaned against the door frame. "Relax Chloe, it&#39;s nothing I haven&#39;t seen before."

She narrowed her eyes at him. Bastard. "Yeah, well, that was the first and last time Luthor. Never again." That would wipe the smirk off his face.

"I&#39;ll make sure to remember that the next time we make love," he replied smugly.

Her eyes narrowed even more. "Is there a reason you&#39;re here Mr. Luthor, or are you just trying to annoy me?"

Lex&#39;s expression hardened a little when she refered to him as "Mr. Luthor."

He stepped into the bathroom and Chloe sunk further into the bubbles.

"Chloe…" he trailed off softly.

"What?" She asked

"What&#39;s going on with us?"

"What do you mean?" She lifted her hand to study her nails. Sure, she had said to Lana that she was going to tell Lex that she returned his feelings. But now for some reason, with him standing right in front of her, it wasn&#39;t so easy. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that she was naked in the bathtub…

"Why are you doing this Chloe?"

She looked at the man standing in her bathroom doorway. He looked so serious. So… sad almost. &#39;Suck it up Sullivan,&#39; she thought. &#39;You already know how he feels so just TELL HIM.&#39;

"Um, Lex, I will so answer your question but can I get out of the tub and get dressed first?"

He gave her a half smile. "Yeah, sure." He shut the bathroom door.

Chloe sighed and closed her eyes. This was it. As hard as it seemed, she was going to say it. She climbed out of the tub and wrapped herself in her blue terry cloth robe, then ventured into her room where Lex was sitting on the end of her bed. She shut her door and turned to face him.

"Okay, I have to tell you something, but you have to promise to stay right there because I don&#39;t know if I&#39;ll be able to get this out if you touch me."

Lex only nodded and scooted farther on her bed, folding his legs.

"Are you wearing JEANS?" Chloe asked, suddenly realizing what he was wearing. A pair of baggy, faded jeans and a loose grey t-shirt.

"Yes. And gasp, I own more than one pair. Shocker, I know. Now you were going to tell me what&#39;s going on."

Chloe took a deep breath. "Right. Okay…" she trailed off not sure where to start. After a few moments she blurted out, "I have abandonment issues." She clapped a hand over her mouth and her eyes widened. It was true, she just wasn&#39;t sure what posessed her to say it like that.

Lex blinked at her. "What?"

Chloe dropped her hand. "I… um… well, I have abandonment issues."

"Because of Clark?" Lex asked slowly.

"A little bit. But mostly because of my mom. Have I ever told you about my mom?"

Lex shook his head. "No. Clark&#39;s mentioned it a couple of times but…" He trailed off looking at Chloe. She was staring at the floor. "Tell me?" He asked softly.

"She left when I was seven. It was a Tuesday and my dad woke me up and took me out to breakfast. I remember thinking it was really strange because it was 10:00 and I wasn&#39;t in school but when I asked him what was up all he just smiled and told me that I could order whatever I wanted. After we were done eating he told me that my mom had left and wasn&#39;t coming back."

Lex stared at her for what seemed like forever. She looked so small and fragile, standing there, her gaze transfixed on the floor. He wanted to get up and take her in his arms and kiss all of her pain away. He knew what it felt like to be abandoned.

Chloe cleared her throat and shook her head. "Anyhoo, that&#39;s really not what this is about… It just sorta factors into it all." She took another deep breath and started wringing her hand. Here went nothing.

"I&#39;m sorry that I&#39;ve been avoiding you for the last couple of days. I was scared and confused and feeling things that I&#39;ve never felt before and I thought if I just stayed away that my feelings would go away. But they didn&#39;t. I&#39;d been hiding behind the excuse that we&#39;re just friends because I was terrified that you&#39;d do the same thing that Clark and my mom did. Leave me."

Lex looked down and Chloe moved to kneel in front of him. "But now I realize that you won&#39;t. I was stupid to think you would in the first place. And I was scared of what you felt for me. No one has ever *loved* me the way you do. So honestly and openly." Chloe took a shaky breath. "Lex, look at me."

He looked up and into her eyes as she continued.

"I don&#39;t know when it happened but somewhere in between both of us getting Mono and last weekend at your house, I fell in love with you Lex. And now I know exactly how you felt when you told me that you can&#39;t be just friends anymore because I can&#39;t stand another minute being just your friend. I want to be *yours* Lex." Chloe swallowed hard, a tear managing to escape her eyelid and fall down her cheek.

Lex sat on the bed staring at her, unable to think or move. He wanted to pinch himself to make sure this wasn&#39;t some elaborate dream. After convincing himself that this was, in fact, not a dream, a smile broke out onto his face.

"Can I touch you now Chloe?" He asked softly.

She laughed softly and nodded, letting him pull her to him. He laid back on the bed, bringing her to rest on top of him, and leaned his forehead against hers.

"You&#39;re shaking." Chloe whispered, pulling back slowly.

"I thought you were going to…"

Chloe interrupted him by pressing her lips to his in a sweet yet demanding kiss.

"I love you Chloe," he whispered against her lips.

"I love you too Lex."

He rolled them over so he was hovering above her, supporting himself by his elbows. "God, tell me again."

"I love you Lex."

He smiled and kissed her again, his hand snaking down to rest on the tie of her robe. "You&#39;re not wearing anything under this are you?"

She grinned. "Nope. And you&#39;re wearing far too much. Although, I must say, you look so damn gorgeous in jeans and a t-shirt."

"Gorgeous huh?"

"Yup. Gorgeous. But like I was saying before, you&#39;d look even more gorgeous without any of your clothes on. So what do you say?"

Lex raised an eyebrow at her. "But that was only a one time thing. Remember Chloe?" He teased.

Chloe pushed her hips into his feeling the effect she was having on him.

"Lex, make love to me."

He didn&#39;t have to be asked twice.

gina
11th December 2003, 08:34
:yay:
Aww. That was sweet. :wub:

I can&#39;t wait to read the epilogue, update soon please&#33; And good luck on your finals&#33;

Sab_Luthor
11th December 2003, 09:48
awwww that was soo sweet
it was an awesome update
i loved it
but the epilogue :ohmy: :sad: :sad:
no please you have to write a lot of more before the epilogue :worship2: :worship2:

scifichick774
11th December 2003, 15:10
Mushy&#33; :biggrin:

Definitely looking forward to the epilogue.

carebear72884
11th December 2003, 17:56
that was so good, it made my day, now, i must study, must study, must study, *tears self away from computer*

hfce
11th December 2003, 18:11
That was nice and mushy. :biggrin: I :wub: it.

Kit Merlot
11th December 2003, 18:54
This was a beautiful, romantic moment&#33;&#33; I love that Lex was afraid that Chloe was going to reject him--and CHloe admitted her abandonment issues&#33;&#33; They are such a great couple--AWESOME UPDATE :biggrin:

Keep up the great work&#33;

Val
11th December 2003, 19:35
Oh that was so lovely&#33; :wub: