PDA

View Full Version : Can Fairytales Last? (R)

hler
18th September 2003, 02:41
Summary- Short, one shot deal, Chloe's inward musings.....you'll figure it out. Not so much angsty as sad....but whatever.

Genre- Angst I guess

Disclaimer- Pswah, yeah like they're going to put the character's fates in my hands. I wish...

A/N- Okay so the plan was to sit down and write the next chapter of Feels like Home, but mind kept wandering in the sad, life sucks direction, and so this came out. I guess when family members are in the hospital your mind automatically shifts in that direction. *shrug* Ah well....Oh, Yeah, and this is all of it, just the one post.

I'm sorry if it's a little disjointed, that's how my brain is working right now.

Can Fairytale's Last?

Life sucks. It’s not fair. She scored a 1600 on her SAT’s and that’s the best she could come up with. She went to one of the finest colleges in the country, and at the moment the most articulate she would get were those five words. She married a man most rightly considered a genius and yet she couldn’t go to him to find more eloquence for at the moment he was the reason life sucked.

Blood clot in the brain, probably been there for years. We can try to operate, but there is no guarantee the return of all of his facilities. He may never regain the ability to speak. Damn you.

It was her honeymoon, supposed to be some of the happiest days of her life. Instead she was surrounded by too cheerful lemon yellow walls, staring at an old Time magazine, eyes unable to focus on the words. He may never regain the ability to speak.

Does that mean he’ll never again say I Love You?

I live for his declarations of love.

Surrounded by the obnoxious smell of cleaning liquids, she waited. Waited for the surgery to be done. Waited for him to walk out those double doors grinning, telling her it was all just a mistake. Waited for hope, for a miracle.

They had been walking the gardens of the property, the two of them happily wrapped up in their own world. In an effort to avoid tabloid photographers, they had elected to stay in the home they were now making together. One moment he was there, beside her, holding her hand, kissing her palm, the next he had dropped to the grass. Bright green life against pale white skin.

We never know why a clot reveals itself. Some people live their whole lives with them, never in danger. Others are manifested and cause permanent damage.

Never been two of the lucky ones, have we?

Lucky in love, not in life. They found each other after years of not recognizing the possibilities. Why hadn’t one of them made an effort sooner? Their passion made up for any regrets of lost years. Smoldering hot, ‘burn me with a look’ eyes, touches so charged they could cause thunderstorms. A ‘rips at my heart when you’re not near’ connection. The stuff of dreams and fairytales.

Fairytales never did last long for those from Smallville.

Nightmares come quickly. Bury me alive, knock me out a window, kill me for my money, or hell just because my father wills it, make me lose inhibitions wild, try to survive a plane crash, haha you suck, nightmares.

Just another day in the meteor capital if the world.

What if we had gone away, would it still have happened? What if we hadn’t gone for that walk? What if….

What if’s will drive you insane.

“Chloe Luthor?”

She looks up at the man in the white medical coat who had walked through the door. Standing up, she meets him in the middle of the waiting room. He seems to be struggling with what to say.

“Mrs. Luthor,” a gulp and a deep breath, “I’m terribly sorry….”

Fuck. I’ve seen this scene on TV.

drina
18th September 2003, 02:52
this was really short, but as you said, really sad....

hfce
18th September 2003, 03:22
That was really sad. :crygreen:

tigerbaby
18th September 2003, 04:20
That was just so terribly sad. :crygreen:

I have got to stop reading this stuff.

Béatrice
18th September 2003, 15:54
It'a a very sad story. :sad: :crygreen: :crygreen:

scifichick774
18th September 2003, 16:07
:crygreen:

No fair.

I really need to stop coming to the angst forum first thing in the morning...

asharnanae
18th September 2003, 18:33
:crygreen: :blush: so sad, damn, but it was really good though.

sabby
18th September 2003, 20:32
Yeah, that was, well ok maybe I wasn't really in the mood, it was kinda sad in the resigned way. And well the ending was a little unexpected, since it wasn't talked that he might die right away. *shakes head* or maybe I'm really just not in the mood to feel others sadness right now. But it was a good story non the less. Keep it up

hugs,
Sabby

beautiful N' Bruised
18th September 2003, 21:53
Nicely written, I thought. And yeah the sad ending sucks because who likes a sad ending? But sometimes you gotto get it out of your system, God knows I've done it before. So yeah, I like it, despite the 'ouch.somebodys.twisting.my.heart.round.n.round in.my chest.' feeling I now have. Cos, that's life.

Love this bit, the rambly eloquence:

Nightmares come quickly. Bury me alive, knock me out a window, kill me for my money, or hell just because my father wills it, make me lose inhibitions wild, try to survive a plane crash, haha you suck, nightmares

Love the bit about Chloe being clever and her vocabulary failing her. And adore the final line:

Fuck. I’ve seen this scene on TV.

Anyway, excuse me. I have I have some misery to go drown...

Czech Angel
18th September 2003, 22:38
That was so sad. :sad: But I loved it.

lunaluthor
21st September 2003, 18:45
I've done it again, read an angsty storiy hoping it will have a happy end how stupid am I :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
I call it the triumph of hope over experience

happy bunny
28th September 2003, 18:31
This was really good, sad, and eloquent. You ripped my heart right out. I loved it, it was short and bittersweet. Great job. Gonna go cry now.

Val
30th September 2003, 03:23
that was really sad, great job.

Ami Rose
1st May 2017, 15:07
That was sad