PDA

View Full Version : Post Thank You Hack

Julie
12th October 2009, 10:16
There are users who really like to express their thanks to post but don't like posting a post that looks like they're post boosting.

The authors of the posts have no idea how many people really likes their posts if only some people say 'thanks'.

What this hack does is fix ALL these problems - except those users who like post boosting. This places a button called 'thanks' next to the edit/quote/multi quote post buttons. When a user clicks on it, it places his username in a box right under the post saying that so-and-so says 'thanks' for the post. Every-one who clicks is placed in one box.

See screen shots below for visuals! :)

So, start using it, with moderation of course! If you like a thread/post, but don't want to just write up a simply 'thanks' post, then click this 'thanks' button instead to show the author your appreciation!*

* It doesn't hurt to hit reply as well, we love feedback in the form of sentences as well ;) We promise we won't bite!

Screen shots are credited to Abe1 from vbulletin.org.

skauble
12th October 2009, 17:12
Cool feature! I just used it to thank you. :)

* It doesn't hurt to hit reply as well, we love feedback in the form of sentences as well ;) We promise we won't bite!

Can we nibble a bit?

somethingeasy
12th October 2009, 17:25
I think this is a brilliant idea, Julie! You always manage to surprise and delight me with all the new little features you keep adding to the forum to make it more fun for everyone :D

This is going to come in really handy. There have been plenty of times when I've really liked a post, and would have liked the poster to have known that I enjoyed the comment, but didn't want to put up a silly one-liner saying 'Funny and/or insightful!'.

Great addition, Julie!

Julie
12th October 2009, 18:14
Glad you both like it! :D

This is going to come in really handy. There have been plenty of times when I've really liked a post, and would have liked the poster to have known that I enjoyed the comment, but didn't want to put up a silly one-liner saying 'Funny and/or insightful!'.

See, this is exactly the reason why I implemented this, for times like these!

lexie
12th October 2009, 20:05
This is a nice idea. I´ve been using this feature for a few years on other forums.:blinkkiss

itsjustXchar
13th October 2009, 05:14
Ohhh this is very clever! Very Facebook like-esque and being a college student I approve! Lol

westwingwolf
15th October 2009, 21:35
I need a sarcastic Thank You Hack for the 'Kill a Dream' thread.

Julie
8th April 2010, 17:43
If some users have wondered why they haven't seen this option, it was because you needed to have at least 10 posts in order to see it.
I've now changed it so that users with at least 1 post can use this.