PDA

View Full Version : Smallville 4.1 (Notes & Details)

sydsvaughn
13th September 2009, 20:11
Hello everyone and welcome to a re-birth/re-post of the "virtual" season 4 that was created by many devoted Chlex shippers several years ago. Recently, I've received a few emails about people wanting to read these again, but not being able to find them all. Simple reason for that--my web provider decided to take down my site and give me all kinds of problems, and since that site hosted the v4.1 site, it disappeared. However, I have all the episodes saved and am going to be reposting them here for those interested, those curious, and those who simply want to re-read some wonderful visions of how things should or could have gone after season 3 if we fans took over the writing.

Some notes to understand this undertaking:

1) These are written as episodic stories that together form a virtual Season 4, that starts off right where Season 3 left it. They are written in story form, but they must be read in order, just like you'd watch them if they were episodes on TV.

2) THIS IS NOT A TOTAL CHLEX-FEST. While all the writers love and adore Chlex, we wanted to stay true to how we though the show should have progressed. That said, we branched off in MANY different directions than the real season 4 went, and we tried to make things as realistic and character driven as possible. There's definitely Chlex interaction and such, but these episodes, like a real TV season, focus on ALL characters (yes, including Lana) and how we, the authors, thought things should have developed if the writers had any sense in them.

3) This was a massive collaborative effort among many familiar names you've seen or read on this site. EVERY AUTHOR put much time and work into these episodes and after rereading them recently myself, I must say we have some massively talented people here, always have and always will. (Oh, and a note to the authors themselves, hopefully you don't have a problem with these being re-posted, but if you do, PM me and we'll see what we can do.)

4) This was written about 7 years ago after Season 3 (and arguably when most of us here thought seeing a Season 9 would be inconceivable). Keep that in mind please, as these stories don't relate in any way to the current (or past few) seasons. Also, a major thanks to Julie for setting this forum up and being so willing to host these stories-since I am so burned by web providers I'll probably never do a personal site again.

I think that explains the basics ... so hold on for the ride, or the re-ride. Whatever the case may be, I sincerly hope you enjoy the simple visions of some dedicated fans--many of whom I am happy to say still are active or lurk around here today.

And a final note ... CHLEX rules. Always has. Always will, no matter what the writers have done to us.

lexie
13th September 2009, 21:14
I´ve posted a thank you note and some acknowledgements here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showpost.php?p=250820&postcount=2).:grin3:

MelBee1985
14th September 2009, 04:02
That's awesome!

How many 'episodes' was written?

I think I had suggested people to do a virtual season as well in the past... I still think it's a good idea, erasing everything that happened after S3.. Maybe one day we'll do a Virtual S5? ;)

As soon as I get enough time to catch up on my fics, I'm going to read this Virtual season ;)

lexie
14th September 2009, 04:04
They´re twenty episodes all in all, Mel.:blinkkiss

malugargula
14th September 2009, 23:51
Can`t wait to read it
:)

Fouzia
16th September 2009, 09:24
Thank you very much in advance!!!
A soon I have my computer I start to read!!!
Bye!!!:blinkkiss

Lynzie914
6th October 2009, 06:12
I am so excited that you decided to post these again! This was the first fanfiction I ever read and it set the bar impossibly high for any future reading.

becky
19th March 2010, 21:59
Hello people!!!!

It's so weird, I was off work today and my plans fell through, so I found myself sitting here and watching all my old Smallville videos... I don't have many of the v4.1 trailers on my current hard drive, so went to download them from the original site only to find that it's not up anymore. A quick google search later and I found this thread!!

Thank you so much for putting the eps up again - s4.1 was a huge part of my life while it was 'airing' (I think we got episodes out every week!!). I remember the late night chats on AOL/MSN with Sara and Imp too discussing season arcs, mythology, character progression... many fond memories, and it makes me sad to realise that I've been away from NS for so long.

Anyway, the few trailers that I do have are available for download here: http://tired-eye.net/videos/smallvillev4-1.php

I still look back at them with fondness. I'm vidding again and hoping to revamp my website to offer streaming vids as well as new stuff... nothing else for chlex at the minute as I have some Dr Who/Twilight/True Blood ideas to get out of the way first...

Anyway, enjoy, and thanks to everyone who has read v4.1 and left feedback - it means a lot that people are still interested and still enjoying it! x

lexie
19th March 2010, 22:07
Hello people!!!!

It's so weird, I was off work today and my plans fell through, so I found myself sitting here and watching all my old Smallville videos... I don't have many of the v4.1 trailers on my current hard drive, so went to download them from the original site only to find that it's not up anymore. A quick google search later and I found this thread!!

Thank you so much for putting the eps up again - s4.1 was a huge part of my life while it was 'airing' (I think we got episodes out every week!!). I remember the late night chats on AOL/MSN with Sara and Imp too discussing season arcs, mythology, character progression... many fond memories, and it makes me sad to realise that I've been away from NS for so long.

Anyway, the few trailers that I do have are available for download here: http://tired-eye.net/videos/smallvillev4-1.php

I still look back at them with fondness. I'm vidding again and hoping to revamp my website to offer streaming vids as well as new stuff... nothing else for chlex at the minute as I have some Dr Who/Twilight/True Blood ideas to get out of the way first...

Anyway, enjoy, and thanks to everyone who has read v4.1 and left feedback - it means a lot that people are still interested and still enjoying it! x

You're welcome. Yours are amongst my favourite fanvids ever- real jewels, by the way. I'll try to download the trailers soon and see if I don't get the corrupted notice when I decompress them- I don't know why but, even though I have the latest winrar, this happens from time to time when I visit Tired-Eye.

Anyway, it's awesome to see you back. And even if you aren't making any new Chlex stuff, I hope you'll come and visit us more often. There are some great new fics, vids and graphic works up which you've missed. Chlex's still alive and kicking! :D

somethingeasy
20th March 2010, 05:51

Hey Becky,
It's wonderful to hear from you again. It's VERY good to see on the forum. You've been missing quite a lot of delicious Chlexy goodies during your time away, but the most delightful activity involving fanfic is catching up where you left off, LOL!

It's also wonderful to hear that you're considering going back into vidding again. Your work has been truly missed, and I would LOVE to see some new videos by you. I think I might also take a look at some of this Dr.Who stuff that you've been working on...?

Anyhow, welcome back, Becky :D

lexie
20th March 2010, 06:55
Well, after dozens of unsuccesful tries to download the vids individually, I managed to do it using my download manager.

By the way, if anyone happens to have the vids that aren't available on Becky's site and is willing to share them, I'll be eternally grateful.:beg:

Becky, I've just seen all of them back to back and I have to say they´re awesome as usual. :worship:

Fouzia
27th July 2011, 14:12
I have time so I will read the whole season. I thank for advance the people who did it!!! thank you

TrinityR
28th January 2012, 22:21
I'm dissapointed:( ... becasue there is NO S5Virtual:(
Why?

TrinityR
4th June 2012, 20:21
Hey, I was wondering...
HAS ANYONE THOUGHT OF MAKING ANOTHER VIRTUAL SEASON? WITH AN ACTUAL ENDING?
I'M SURE THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF POEPLE THAT WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW IT WILL GO AFTER ALL.

Shane77
10th December 2012, 00:32
Oh my god! You guys rocks! I am going to start reading just after posting this message lol! ^^