PDA

View Full Version : Media Directory

Julie
13th August 2009, 18:30
Seems like I'm on a roll today!

I've also now added a Video Directory (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/video.php), where you can list your music videos if you have them hosted on services like YouTube, Vimeo etc.

Add your videos

To add your video, just click on the Add Video button on the top left of the page, and fill out the fields. If you enter the URL to the video first, then click on the Load Information button, it should get the title, description and other information available for you.

Make sure to put the video in the correct category! :)

Missing a category?

Just put your video in the General category for now, and send me a PM or reply to this thread with the category you need and I'll add it and move your video :)

Current directories supported

Metacafe
Dailymotion
Vimeo
MegaVideo
Veoh
YouTube
YouTubeHD
VimeoHD

Might be a little easier keeping tabs on links that work and which don't :) Feel free to start a thread in the music video forum as well!

westwingwolf
13th August 2009, 19:40
Julie, do you know if this will work with the site I've set up for SV videos: http://smallvilletube.ning.com?

Julie
13th August 2009, 19:44
Julie, do you know if this will work with the site I've set up for SV videos: http://smallvilletube.ning.com?

Hmmmmm, not sure. I can add in more directories, but I'll have to do a little google-ing as to what the url and stuff might be, but I can look into it! :)

The more places the videos are listed the better :D

westwingwolf
13th August 2009, 19:45
Ok, I didn't want to try and end up bringing down the whole system, but I can test one if you like.

Julie
13th August 2009, 19:51
Ok, I didn't want to try and end up bringing down the whole system, but I can test one if you like.

Yup, feel free to try one! It probably won't work if you click on the 'Load Information' button, but feel free to try :)

westwingwolf
13th August 2009, 20:12
Yeah, it didn't work...oh well. I've set up an account with MegaVideo so I'll post some videos that way.

lexie
13th August 2009, 21:49
Yeah, it didn't work...oh well. I've set up an account with MegaVideo so I'll post some videos that way.

Iīve got a Megaupload account which is supposed to be compatible with Megavideo, but the links for Megavideo Megaupload provides me with donīt work. Grrr! Iīll have to try reuploading them to Megavideo- funny because itīs supposed to be the same account.::/:

Julie
14th August 2009, 13:36

:/ I took a look at the script part that generates the video stuff and it was a bit more tricky than I thought :S It wasn't just getting the link to the video file itself :/

Oh well, the more places videos are placed, the more exposure for our Chlex! :)

Julie
19th April 2010, 18:38
This has now been updated to the latest version of vBulletin! :)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/media.php?

lexie
19th April 2010, 18:50
This has now been updated to the latest version of vBulletin! :)

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/media.php?

It isn't working yet, is it? I've tried it and access is denied.

Julie
19th April 2010, 19:06
It isn't working yet, is it? I've tried it and access is denied.

Ohh, my bad, I haven't set up the permissions yet! :D

Edit: It should work now!

westwingwolf
19th April 2010, 19:26
Is there any specific reason why a video should be placed under 'general' than 'member music video'? Just thought I changed my video categories if they are better suited under 'member music video'.

Julie
19th April 2010, 19:34
Is there any specific reason why a video should be placed under 'general' than 'member music video'? Just thought I changed my video categories if they are better suited under 'member music video'.

The categories are probably a bit wonky, so if you have any suggestions for better categories let me know and I'll make them! :) They can definitely be organized better, lol!

westwingwolf
19th April 2010, 19:39
The categories are probably a bit wonky, so if you have any suggestions for better categories let me know and I'll make them! They can definitely be organized better, lol!

Angst and Humor might be good and any video that has a more 'R-rated' vibe so no one who goes looking for kittens or something finds simulated sex. I wouldn't mind but got to think about the kids.

Avalanche
20th April 2010, 04:17
Coolio! I'll have to use avail myself of it :)

Julie
20th April 2010, 17:25
Coolio! I'll have to use avail myself of it :)

Cool! :) As I said, the categories are all wonky, so feel free to suggest categories! :)

And for now you can just upload your video to the general category, and if a better category appears you/I can move it later on :)

Avalanche
20th April 2010, 19:59
Cool! :) As I said, the categories are all wonky, so feel free to suggest categories! :)

And for now you can just upload your video to the general category, and if a better category appears you/I can move it later on :)

Aye, aye, Captain! :)

Julie
6th May 2010, 17:25
Version 4.0.6 FAVORITES AND WIDGETS
================================================== =========

NEW FEATURE: Users can now give hearts to media and mark them as favorites.

Any usergroup with permissions to rate, will have permission to mark favorites.
NEW FEATURE: User Profile Tab for most recent media.

This uses the new "tiny" bit; which is selectable as the main bit in admincp.

Julie
23rd June 2010, 09:20
If anyone has any suggestions for categories, post them up here and I'll look at them/implement them when I have time to properly re-install this as it's been upgraded a lot of times since I first installed it :)

Julie
12th September 2010, 14:44
I finally got this up and running again, so if you'd like you can start adding your videos to the directory now :)

lexie
12th September 2010, 18:11
Julie, for some reason when I press the Media button it says I have no permission to access it.

Julie
12th September 2010, 18:17
Julie, for some reason when I press the Media button it says I have no permission to access it.

How about now?

lexie
12th September 2010, 18:25
How about now?

Now it's working fine. I'll try out the uploading.

ETA: When I try to upload them, I get this message: Could not parse media URL.

Julie
2nd November 2010, 09:59
I've updated the NS Media (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/media.php) to have categories for chlex/chloe/lex scenes as well as deleted chlex scenes, so if anyone has any scenes they know of available online please do add them to the archive there :)

Just be sure to give credit where credit's due! And if you don't know who uploaded the video/clipped out the scene originally, just put in the description that it's not yours :)

ETA: When I try to upload them, I get this message: Could not parse media URL.

lexie: Most likely it had a problem grabbing the information from the url, perhaps the video is private?