PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] The Father He Never Was (G) June 17th '09

lexie
17th June 2009, 21:10
A/N: I felt like writing something to celebrate Father´s Day and here´s what I came up with. It´s a very short and somewhat sappy short piece; I hope you´ll like it.

AUTHOR: Lexie

RATING: G

SUMMARY: A Father´s Day vignette

THE FATHER HE NEVER WAS

I look at you lying peacefully asleep and feel a tightening in my chest, wondering what I´ve done to deserve such happiness in my life. You´ve completed the dream I´d always yearned for but never thought would come my way. I look at you and pray not to blunder this time because if I were to lose you, my heart would be ripped out from my chest; I just wouldn´t know how to fight this darkness that has threatened to engulf me most of my life if that day ever arrived.

I caress your delicate cheek and lean down to press a soft kiss on your brow as I close my eyes and let your sweet perfume envelop me and take me back to a room just like this one. I feel the tears well up in my eyes, wishing things hadn´t ended the way they did, wishing she were here with us to share in our joy. I wish to make her proud, to show her that, despite how hard he tried to mould me into a man like him, God´s given me the chance to become someone worthy- the son she wanted me to be, the husband and the father mine never was.

I tuck you in trying not to rouse you, and I hear you whimper softly in your sleep. It makes me feel eager and, at the same time, terrified to have your voice say the word I´ve never heard addressed to me before- a name I hope to earn each passing day.

“Daddy,” whispers a voice muffled by my shirt as a pair of loving arms wrap around my waist from behind.

“She´s gorgeous, isn´t she?” I murmur, looking at our three-month-old daughter in her crib.

“She is. But, then, we´re both biased, Lex, aren´t we?” responds my wife Chloe.

“I´ll never get tired of watching her sleep. She always looks so peaceful,” I tell Chloe, covering her hands with mine.

“That´s because she´s loved,” says my blonde reporter with that luminous smile that makes her green eyes shine brighter.

“Does she… Do you think she knows how much I…? “ I croak, hating myself for still being so insecure when it comes to my own capacity to express my deepest feelings.

“Lex, you aren´t him,” Chloe interrupts me using that no-nonsense tone that must have rubbed off on her when she married into the Luthor family.

“I just hope she´ll be proud to call me her father one day,” I confess uncomfortably.

“And she will. I bet you´re dying to hear her say the word,” she smiles knowingly.

“Oh, here you are, sweetie!” exclaims a familiar voice from the threshold of our daughter´s nursery.

“Daddy!” beams Chloe, running into Gabe´s arms.

“Hello, Lex,” he greets me with a warm fatherly smile like none I ever got from own dad.

“How are you doing, Gabe?” I respond in kind.

“The pumpkin´s still sleeping?” asks the besotted grandfather.

“Morpheus will keep her company for a couple of hours,” answers Chloe as the older man comes closer to the crib.“Come, dad,” Chloe tells him, tugging at his sleeve.”I´ve got something for you,” she adds, pulling him out of the room.” I hope you´ll like it but, if you don´t, be honest, OK? You know…” she keeps on rambling as they step out of the nursery.

“See what you´ve got yourself into, kid?” Gabe sighs from the door.” And wait till she starts speaking. She´ll have you wrapped around her little finger,” he chuckles.

“Oh, but she already does, “ I say under my breath.

“Oh, by the way, Lex!” Gabe adds, peeking back into the nursery.” Happy Father´s Day! The first of many.”

“Happy Father´s Day to you too, Gabe.”

“Dad? Are you coming or not?” complains my wife from the stairs.

“Coming, darling!” he cocks an eyebrow in my direction and leaves me alone with my child.

A daughter´s always her daddy´s girl and now I´ve got my own. I can´t wait to experience what unconditional love is. I can´t wait to hear her say the word and then my happiness will be complete.

Daddy. I never thought I´d ever see the day.

THE END

Find a downloadable PDF version on my master list (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7631-Lexie-s-Fanfiction-List-W-PDF-%28Feb-27th-2011%29).

superag
17th June 2009, 21:19
That was really touching. He'll be a great dad.

Fouzia
17th June 2009, 23:36
Thank you very much for this wonderful story!!!
I always love the fic when Lex is a dad!!!!:grin3:

Gaia
18th June 2009, 00:08
That was so cute!

hfce
18th June 2009, 00:42
Awww! I love daddy Lex. This was so cute!:D

ChloeLovesLex
18th June 2009, 01:24
Insecure Daddy Lex is one of my favorite Lex's there are. Great job :)

autumngold
18th June 2009, 01:27
What a beutiful father's day story!! I love how enchanted Lex is with his little daughter!! What a lucky little girl to have Lex and Chloe as parents!! It's obvious how much they both adore their little girl!! Thank you so much for the new Chlex story!! I miss when so many authors enjoyed writing the Chlex 'ship!! :( Thank you for continuing writing about this wonder couple!! ;)

toryjhay
18th June 2009, 14:11
How adorable is that!!!! Loved this. Lex is just so...it's just like him to worry about being a good dad. And no wonder, as much as I love John Glover and his potrayal of Lionel is amazing...the best dad he is not. And Gabe! Love Gabe, made this father's day fic even better!!!

lexie
19th June 2009, 04:18
Thank you all for your enthusiastic feedback, girls. I´m glad you´ve enjoyed it this much.

Happy Father´s Day to the men in your families!:grin3:

tatie87
19th June 2009, 07:33
Such a sweet chapter.

ripsconscullmin
19th June 2009, 08:12
Lex. Just want to hug him. This was very nice. Loved the exchange with Gabe.

lexie
20th June 2009, 00:09
Lex. Just want to hug him.

So do I.Although he is supposed to be a manipulative shark, Lex has always awoken motherly feelings in me, too. He so needs a hug- a very big one. :P

This was very nice. Loved the exchange with Gabe.

Including Gabe was a last minute thought but it certainly paid off. Glad you approve.:blinkkiss

Kit Merlot
20th June 2009, 00:22
This was adorable and rather sweet--great work:grin3:

Linda
20th June 2009, 05:51
That was lovely, really nice. ::)

lexie
20th June 2009, 23:30
Good to see you back after a long time. Happy Father´s Day to Jimmy!:blinkkiss

Ultra
21st June 2009, 18:49
Oh, lexie, that was beautiful :) Poor Lex, he's so afraid of becoming Lionel, but we all know he could never be anything but a wonderful husband and father, especially with Chloe at his side. This is a gorgeous piece, lexie, and I'm very glad to have found time to read it :D

lexie
22nd June 2009, 02:07
Oh, lexie, that was beautiful :) Poor Lex, he's so afraid of becoming Lionel, but we all know he could never be anything but a wonderful husband and father, especially with Chloe at his side. This is a gorgeous piece, lexie, and I'm very glad to have found time to read it :D

Thanks for your beautiful words, Ultra. I´m just as glad as you are that you were able to make yourself the time to stop by and read it. I hope you´ll like some other works of mine this much.:D

malugargula
29th June 2009, 22:18
Beautiful fic
I`m sure he`ll be a great dad
;)

lexie
30th June 2009, 00:47
Beautiful fic
I`m sure he`ll be a great dad
;)

So am I. Having experienced what a parent shouldn´t do to his offspring, I´m certain Lex would do his utmost to be the best father possible to his daughter. And with Chloe and Gabe to help him, I don´t think it´ll be an impossible deed.

daria_103
13th July 2009, 00:04
Very sweet story, I love Lex as a dad fics.

lexie
14th July 2009, 02:11
Very sweet story, I love Lex as a dad fics.

I also have a soft spot for Daddy Lex and believe that, despite his reservations about becoming a father on account of his lousy experience with Lionel, having a family of his own is all his ever dreamt of having.:grin3:

purplemoon123
5th September 2009, 00:29
OMG I'm so behind on my Chlex updates!!!

This is just so lovely. I may love a dark and twisty Lex but I also have a soft spot for Daddy Lex.

westwingwolf
21st February 2010, 23:47
Very sweet, glad Lex has a chance at happy ending.

lexie
22nd February 2010, 23:27
Yes, it was mushy, wasn't it? The poor guy deserves some happiness now and then.

I'm glad you liked it. Mindy.;)

angpunk
4th April 2010, 08:38
Love the whole daddy's little girl and I should know I am one. I can really see Lex as the dotting daddy to his little girl.

kg99
26th April 2010, 06:18
That was sweet.

starmoon
2nd June 2010, 02:54
that was so sweet that it brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Ami Rose
30th July 2010, 12:02
happy story, i loved it

lexie
30th July 2010, 16:55
Thank you all. Glad you enjoyed Daddy Lex and a little sweetness.

summer_enchanted
19th August 2010, 21:14
I really enjoyed this fic. I love fluffy fics. :)

HotCrossedBunny
25th August 2014, 18:34
Ahhhhhh!!! Ouch, it was so sweet it gave me a tooth ache. I hope that you are happy with yourself! Anyway, so cute and lovely. Yay for Daddy Lex.

lexie
28th August 2014, 00:33
Ahhhhhh!!! Ouch, it was so sweet it gave me a tooth ache. I hope that you are happy with yourself! Anyway, so cute and lovely. Yay for Daddy Lex.

This was a fluffy piece I reworked for the Guy & Marian fandom a while ago.

Sorry for the toothache, but it's so nice to have something sweet now and then. ;)