PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] WikiBroadcast (PG) 4/12/09

westwingwolf
13th April 2009, 05:41
Title:WikiBroadcast
Author: westwingwolf
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I do not own or have any affiliation with YouTube, Bobby Flay, Lauren Cooper, Charlie the Unicorn, Madonna, Cracked.com or the characters of Smallville. I do own Tory.
Summary: Lex's obsession with YouTube may have gone too far. This comes between WikiBlood and WikiBlessed

Chloe walked into her home finding her daughter in the living room watching cartoons and her husband in the kitchen cooking dinner. She loved when Lex cooked as he always had amazingly delicious recipes stored in his brain, most learned straight from well known chefs throughout various countries. And from the smell, she knew tonight’s feast would be another winner.

“What smells so wonder…” she cut herself short when she noticed several cans of Vienna sausage lining the countertop. “Um…babe?” She only used that term when she found his actions to be unbelievable so she knew he was paying attention when he looked at her with a questioning glance. “What’s with all the bomb shelter rations?”

Lex smiled as if had just beaten his father at acquiring a new company, so she knew if she pushed too hard she would break his heart. She wisely made the decision to approach this conversation carefully.

“I was watching this old episode of Bobby Flay’s on YouTube, and he was demonstrating how you could make incredible dishes with everyday food in your cupboards so I thought I’d give it a try.” He was actually bouncing around the kitchen and waving his arms around as he explained so she knew he was really excited about this idea.

Chloe tried to give him her best ‘I’m really happy for you even if it’s killing me’ smile, “That’s great, but I thought you had given up on YouTube after they refused to publish your video of the piggies using Madonna’s ‘Cherish?”

Lex bent down to check the oven while saying, “I fixed that problem this morning.”

“What do you mean you fixed?” she asked but before he could answer, she had figured it out on her own. “You didn’t? You bought Youtube!”

“Now, Chloe, I know you are going to say that I’m just being my megalomaniac self, but it really was a wise investment. Do you know how many people are going to be happy again now that they don’t have to worry about breaking third party copyright laws or some nonsense like that?” He gathered her in his arms and started kissing her neck hoping she’d just go with the feelings and forget about what he’d done.

She, however, was not going to let him distract her. She wasn’t going to stop the kissing but it wouldn’t make her forget…much. “Just because you bought it doesn’t mean you’ve gotten rid of the copyright problems. Wow that feels really good.”

Lex’s hands traveled up his wife’s back, thankful that their daughter was absorbed with the television and paying them no attention. “I’ve offered all artists a premium for the use of their music and provided links to downloading their songs or anything else they want for the right to use the music. They get paid and get air play, users get their videos untarnished, advertisers pay for their links, and LexCorp gets great publicity. Everyone wins!”

“And I assume you’ve changed the name to ChlexTube or something,” she said really hoping he hadn’t, one website was more than enough for their egos.

Lex shook his head, “Actually, I’m keeping the name because I still want the concept that this is the people’s video channel.” He went back to stirring what looked like the sausages in a pot which reminded Chloe of the original problem.

“Fine, but don’t you think you’re spending too much time on there. I mean, it doesn’t have to affect every aspect of our lives.” She thought maybe she was a bit harsh but Lex needed to hear it straight, and she prepared herself for his rebuttal.

“What do you mean? I’m not on it all the time and I don’t let it interfere with our lives!” He spent maybe a half an hour to an hour on the site every day tops. At most three hours. And he was positive he could stop watching if he wanted. There were just a lot of funny videos that had to be seen…and rated…and commented on…favored. Many people had said his channel was the best and he was proud.

“Please! You showed Tory episodes of Charlie the Unicorn because you said it was educational.” She was really upset to find them watching the video together. He should have at least told her what he was planning so she could make him see reason.

“That was! Now, she knows not to go off with strangers who promise a way to a Candy Mountain. And no one will be able to steal her kidney.” He felt really good about himself when he came up with that excuse. Truth was he just found the video to be really funny and couldn’t wait to show someone but Chloe wasn’t home at the time.

Chloe rolled her eyes. “All she did was spend the next few weeks saying ‘Shun the non-believer!’ And she knew full well not to follow strangers long before that.”

Lex became really quiet and refused to look at her as he concentrated on the food. Chloe knew that perhaps she had gone too far. “Lex, baby, I’m sorry. You know I’m not implying you’re a bad father or anything. I know how much you love Tory and want to protect her and bond with her. I just think it was a little too advanced for her.” She walked up behind him and pressed herself against him while wrapping her arms around him. She whispered to him, “I love you so much and Tory is the luckiest child in the world to have you as a father. Please don’t be mad at me.”

Lex took a deep breath before saying, “I ain’t bovvered.”

Chloe laughed knowing this was their special phrase to let the other know that they were forgiven, but that just made her argument about spending too much time on YouTube for her. “Okay, but I think you should keep the Lauren Cooperisms to just us from now on. Clark didn’t take you saying “Bite me Alien Boy!” too well.”

Lex shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, I don’t know why he got so riled up over that, I was only joking.”

“Well, obviously he doesn’t share in our excellent sense of humor. What are you making for dinner anyway?” Chloe asked as she looked into the pot.

“Chicken Relleno, and I think it should be noted that if I’m addicted to YouTube, you are addicted to Cracked.com.” Lex smirked at her knowing he was right.

Chloe scoffed, “that’s different. All those articles are hilarious. Not everything on YouTube is good.” She was so mad that he brought her favorite hobby into this conversation that she couldn’t resist adding, “And at least I don’t make dinner with tiny 50 cent worth processed meat!”

She knew she had created more damage than was expected when Lex couldn’t hide his surprise. “Chlexipedia says these are a gourmet delicacy!”

She winced knowing the blow up she was about to cause. She spoke softly, admitting “I wrote that as a joke just to see if you would believe it.”

Lex stepped away from the stove in horror of what he had been cooking, and he moved out of the kitchen and further away from his wife. “I can’t believe you would mess with the site’s integrity like that! I need to be alone for a while.” He headed to his office.

Chloe called after him, “Lex, please wait.”

But he stopped only to hold up his hand and shout “Shuuuuuuuuuuuuun!” to her.

Chloe went about finishing the dinner and decided to let Lex have his drama queen moment. She knew he would forgive her if he ever wanted her to star in any future videos that would never have a chance of appearing on YouTube.

The End.

autumngold
13th April 2009, 05:57
I love that Chloe tricked Lex with her comment about the vienna sausages!! Funny!! I love that Lex bought another website!! Actually, this one should make him a lot of money!! :) Great drama queen moment for Lex!! ;)

hfce
13th April 2009, 06:48
LOL!!! :rofl: That was :rofl:funny. “Shuuuuuuuuuuuuun!” :rofl:

Minty Revolution
4th May 2009, 04:57
I loved this. I laughed and shook my head. Lex creating strange vienna sausage concoctions all because he thought they were gourmet. Oh the hilariousness!