PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Modern Step-Family Boundaries PG-13 3/6/09

westwingwolf
6th March 2009, 10:36
Title: Modern Step-Family Boundaries
Author: westwingwolf
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: No I don't own Smallville, if I did I would submit people to that crap.
Summary: As newly step-siblings, Lex and Chloe have to enjoy the most sacred of all sibling traditions...fighting over property!
AN: This is a follow up to Modern Step-Family (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6771). I still maintain that I'm not fully writing this story. There may very well be nothing that comes after this story. But if there is, then future installments will be like The Wiki Series i.e. each story ends within itself but does have a connecting thread.

“No! This is not going to happen.” He was adamant that he would win this argument. There would be no way the blonde could change his mind.

“I’m really not feeling the love, Lex!” He was being such an unaccommodating ass. It would not kill him to give her this one favor.

“You cannot have this room.” He knew he’d have to make a lot of changes to his life when time came for Chloe and her dad to move into the mansion. Be more careful about what was said over the phone while in his office. No more late night skinny dips in the pool. Having to share his Captain Crunch cereal at the breakfast table. But he absolutely would not concede this territory.

“Why not? You aren’t even using it!” The room would need some serious re-decorating since it had that ‘kill or be killed’ feel that the entire mansion seemed to embrace but other than that it was one of the standard guest bedrooms, if your standards were of the hotel penthouse suite variety. Lex had his own room that was somewhat larger and if he put a kitchen in it, which he certainly had the space; he could stay in there for the rest of his life and never know that she possessed a corner of his precious home.

“Because it’s next to mine and I like having as much space as possible. Plus, I’m sure you’ve notice the fact that this is a mansion. Go use one of the hundred other rooms.” Okay so the space argument was faulty even he had to admit that. The real problem being that when his brain wasn’t working fast enough to remind him that approaching Chloe with his attraction to her would be wrong for so many reasons just one of them being her age, he had the miles to her house to make him remember. That had been suddenly cut to yards just days ago. He was never going to be able to keep his control if it became slashed to mere feet.

“But this is one of only two rooms farthest away from our fathers’ room. Strange how that worked out so well for you.” She tilted her head and gave him a knowing stare. Even before his father had moved back here, she knew Lex would account for the possibility and remember the room his father always occupied. She, however, could have never known that her father would get a new love life or be so…enthusiastic. She shuddered internally at the thought.

“I’ll admit some planning went into choosing this wing for that purpose, but that doesn’t mean that you get to benefit from my precaution.” Gabe and Chloe had only moved into the house the day before, but apparently that first night was more than enough suffering Chloe could take. He hadn’t heard anything but he had seen some of the staff walking away from his father’s wing with shocked expressions that couldn’t be shaken until several minutes later.

Chloe decided to take on a desperate tone. She wouldn’t kiss Lex’s butt to get what she wanted because she knew he wouldn’t believe it and she’d only lose any respect he had for her, but he had to see how much she needed this room. “What is your problem?!” See…even her mouth didn’t want get on board with the whole ‘Make Lex Understand’ plan. Screw it! In for a penny, in for a pound. “Are you afraid that I’ll keep you awake during your ungodly sleep regimen of two a.m. til 5 a.m.?”

No way would he answer that with the truth. Best to deflect with a cunning retort. “Actually, yes…since that seems to be the time you roll in from your nightly life-risking missions. I don’t care much for seeing blood on my carpet before I’ve had my first cup of coffee.” Great! Now, his mind was going into that overdrive of worry he always got when he heard Chloe was hurt.

Chloe scoffed, “No problem, now that I’ve moved in here, I don’t even need to leave the grounds. I can just line up behind you to get a weekly concussion.” They both knew that it wasn’t there dangerous lives that Lex was concerned with so she had to seek another reason he’d be so put off with the idea of her moving in next door. He mentioned space but he had to know she wasn’t completely void of proper behavior. She’d respect his privacy as much as she wanted him to respect hers. Besides if he was worried about her hacking into his computer, it wouldn’t make a difference where she went to sleep at night. Of course bedrooms were a bit different when you decided to invite company over. If that was the case, she’d have to approach the subject tactfully. She wasn’t ignorant of Lex’s status with the female population but she wasn’t in the mood to hear bragging either. She’d have to start with herself and hope he’d get her meaning without needing it spelled out. “Look, it’s not like I’ll be bringing people over here all the time. Clark already abuses the open door policy and Pete refuses to even drive by this place…”

Lex wanted to growl in misery. He hadn’t even thought of the possibility of her bringing boys into her room. Did she do that now? Did her father know? Could he wait the hours until dinner that night to ask Gabe? “What about a boyfriend?” He hoped ‘boyfriend’ hadn’t come out sounding like ‘scumbag’ like it had to his ears.

Chloe had to laugh because she swore Lex took a step closer when he asked that question. His eyes also narrowed and hardened and he practically spat out the word ‘boyfriend.’ “Nothing to worry about for now, but when it does happen, you can’t go all Big Brother on him.”

Lex felt his gut drop. He couldn’t stop the soft tone in his voice. “You think of me as a brother?” He wasn’t sure if he was more worried for her answer or if she had notice his pain.

“No. Which is why you are not allowed to act like one. Are you okay?” He sounded so broken. Maybe he really wanted family more than he let on. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings, but there was no way she could let her mind think of him like that despite what relationship their fathers had.

Lex quickly straightened himself out and took back a calm, collected tone. “Yeah, I was just worried for a moment that I’d have to prepare a ‘hurt her and I hurt you’ speech, make use of my FBI contacts, and practice my killer stare.” He finished off with a smirk to ensure to her that all was right in his world.

Chloe had to smile at the thought of Lex being that protective over her. “All of which I’m sure can be done with minimal effort.” Still, she watched him carefully for any sign that he wasn’t as okay as he said.

He wouldn’t back away from this path now. Chloe would walk away never having suspected anything was wrong. “Yes, but why devote the energy if it’s unnecessary?”

He was the same old Lex again, so whatever she thought she had seen must have been her mind putting too much thought into someone else’s actions. Wouldn’t be the first time. Still she didn’t know why Lex wouldn’t let her have the room and if it was a problem on his end about future company, he wasn’t being forthcoming. Maybe she could get through this if she laughed it off like a joke. “Good, so then there’s no problem unless you’ll be uncomfortable bringing home a date in which case, I’m well aware of sex so don’t be modest for my sake.”

God as if things weren’t bad enough, she had to tell him she was aware of sex. It wasn’t like he didn’t think she was but it was just one of those things his brain had chosen to ignore as a fact. Like the fact that his father had sex and was to blame for this whole ridiculous problem in the first place. At this point, she was getting the damn room so he just had to salvage his pride. He just had to get through the next couple of years and then she’d be off to college. He might not even stay in Smallville that long before he moved back to Metropolis so it was really just a few months…a year tops. And if he couldn’t last one measly year then he didn’t deserve his pride. He could do this. He was strong. He was a Luthor. “No, most of my dates I meet in Metropolis so that won’t be a problem. You can have the room.”

She let out a full watt smile. “Great! Because I want to be as far away from my dad and Lionel as possible too, so if I couldn’t have this room, I would have to sleep in yours.” She tossed that statement out as she opened the door to her new room and left Lex standing in the hallway.

Doing nothing but stare after her for minutes since she left, only one thought came to Lex’s mind.

He was so doomed.

The End.

hfce
7th March 2009, 15:52
:rofl: Yes you are Lex yes you are. :)

superag
7th March 2009, 16:07
This is so cute. I know you don't want to continue it but you're leaving it in such a good place to continue it.

Minty Revolution
5th May 2009, 19:55
Ooh, that was really great.
Wish you would keep going with it.

itsjustXchar
3rd July 2010, 00:21
Why have I never seen this before? I love it! Are you going to do anything more with it?

cousinmary
28th August 2010, 07:44
This was just adorable :)

MASCH
29th August 2010, 13:32
Woooowww now didn't that story just come out of left field. Hilarious!!! :D

cousinmary
24th September 2010, 18:09
very cute. I really like the premise :)

qazwsx
6th October 2010, 14:00
Pretty Please! Just one more!

SouthernChlex
24th January 2011, 03:54
That was hilarious! Lionel and Gabe!?! You'd didn't even go into detail over that part and I still thought it was funny as hell.

reyeslu
27th April 2011, 22:23
Modern step-family indeed. Chloe kicking verbal butt, unlike Lana who would of pulled the "but I'm so scared in this scary house" card

Rachet
28th April 2011, 04:24
this is so funny. cant believe that you have so few reviews. i for one would love to read more.

nbgirl
14th June 2011, 05:43
I enjoyed this story a lot

stampiej
19th July 2011, 10:56
great! "He's soo doomed"

kes1986
13th August 2011, 20:42
I love it. It's hilarious.