PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Time Warp (R-NC17)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

ashley
24th March 2005, 08:51
Thanks for the update,this is the best story EVER!It's made me cry (No other story has) and laugh and be happy,just everything,please try to update again soon Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaia
24th March 2005, 10:29
Please Update? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
:D

planetcal
25th March 2005, 12:37
please update! Lex has to find out about Chloe.

marcela
25th March 2005, 19:16
Love your story. But, hey, how about update as a Happy Easter gift? I'm willing to trade my chocolate eggs for your update, how about it? Are you on? rs....keep up the good work.

starmoon
27th March 2005, 09:42
Wow! this is all I can say.

BellaMR
30th March 2005, 00:34
Please update. I've never begged for an update before, but I'm willing to get down on my knees now. Please. I'll give you all of my Easter candy, even my cherished Cadbury eggs. Pleeeeeaaase.

Leila
30th March 2005, 08:59
See, this is what we've all resorted to...bribery. Trying to buy you off with candy and chocolate Easter eggs. *Shakes head* Can't you see? We're desperate here! If I don’t get an update soon I’ll explode! I just know it! PLEASE!!!

update update update update update update
update update update update
update update update update update update
update update update
update update update

kirt30
31st March 2005, 16:02
Please update PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE

morgannia
1st April 2005, 01:40
OMG!!!!! {{{does a little dance of victory}}} i finally, finally, finally found it! i absolutely adore this story!!! i read all the new chapter since 29 & fell back in love with this story again.

awwww, i can't believe you killed poor Jules :( i totally envisioned Chloe calling him when she got out of the hospital. and i wondered why Chloe didn't confront Lex immediately, but with him getting married & all . . . i guess it makes sense. Hmmmm, so Lex has investigated Chloe, but he hasn't cross-referenced it with information on "his Chloe?"

Is she going to eventually get back into contact with Wendy or Corrine? i'd love to see involved again in the story. oooohhhhhh, i can't wait for Lex to relaize WTF has been going on!!!! {{{bounces up and down from the sheer excitement}}} the possibilities for this story are endless!!!

oh my god . . . i'm so unbelivably pysched about finding this!!! i don't even know to say except that you never fail to live up & then surpass my expectations. i simply cannot wait for the next chapter. lol, now i've got to go back and reread everything, now that i've time to process. . . another excellent job.

{{{darts off to weed back some 54 pages of posts}}}

welshy
2nd April 2005, 05:01
It took me nearly two hours to finally catch up, but it was worth it. Hope there's going to be more :)

Blaire023
3rd April 2005, 08:17
That had been so very bad. It was bad on multiple levels, levels that piled upon each other to make a mountain of not good.

sorry, that made me laugh my butt off!

oh, and btw...i realized i hadn't read and reviewed this chapter yet. i thought you were going to make chloe forget her stay at hampton, but i'm glad you didn't.

AND

now that i've reviewed, you can update.

cuz i know that's what you were waiting for. *glares* right?

remember how easily the last one came out? just think how easily the next one will too...;)

drina
8th April 2005, 13:58
This is great. hope u will have a new chapter soon. i hope Lex won't b too vindicative

EAmethyst
16th April 2005, 08:19
I started reading this story on ff.net ages ago, but then stopped checking in there as often. The other day I was browsing the Smallville section looking for this story and couldn't find it. I was overjoyed to find it here and get caught up on it.

It has been said repeatedly, but this is such a great story. I started over from the beginning and loved it just as much as the first time.

And the chapters dealing with Lex's grief over losing Chloe and then Julian's decline and death. I was in tears. You write the emotions beautifully.

I can't wait to read more, to find out how Lex eventually realizes that the Chloe in Smallville is his Chloe (because if it ends any differently, I will be heartbroken).

Post more soon.

planetcal
16th April 2005, 08:36
Please update this wonderful story! I am begging you for an update soon.

summer_enchanted
16th April 2005, 12:35
Please please please update soon. It's such a great story. :nsparty:

mimi71884
16th April 2005, 15:06
Please update!!
This is fantastic. I hadn't read it in about a year, but since i've caught up, I've been having cravings!!

I don't really understand the time fragmentation you've been doing, since i haven't been watching the actual show I don't know where everything fits in... but you're doing an excellent job, and I hope you haven't abandoned this!!

Gaia
16th April 2005, 19:42
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease UPDATE!!!!
We really need one.......please.....

leviner2
18th April 2005, 18:45
Well I just have to say, actually I don't know what to say! This story is so amazingly good I just can't put into words how much I love it. I started it yesterday (why haven't I found it sooner?!) and just finished. I pretty much just read it straight through without stopping! The dynamics between Lex and Chloe both then and now are awesome. I can't wait to see how he finds out and what happens when he does. It's just going to be one of those moments that define a good story, I can't wait to read it! Now the only problem with having finished everything that you've written in this story is that I have to wait for you to write more! So this is what I ask, my birthday is on Wednesday and it would be the best present if you would write another chapter, maybe even one where Lex and Chloe get back together? That is if it's not too soon (haven't they both suffered enough?)! Okay, well instead of me writing more for you to read I think that you should get back to writing more of the story! Thanks for writing such an amazing story!

Jennifer

tiger04
20th April 2005, 05:28
please comeback and update. I am dying to know what is going to happen with lex and chloe.

AT

Leo Princess
21st April 2005, 08:31
Holy Crud, how did I missed these two chapters?! I can't miss another one, I simply cannot! I will chain myself here till you post again, Ellidyay!

Augustine86
21st April 2005, 16:35
Please you have to come back and post more of this wonderful fic. Just a tinsy little bit. Please, for the love of Chlex, you can't leave us hanging!

Leo Princess
22nd April 2005, 03:14
*reads back* Shiznit...looks like I missed out more that I thought? Oh well; all caught up now! Next help, please! :D

scgirl
29th April 2005, 09:09
Update! Please, please, you *have* to!

Excellent story...I just spent 4.5 hours of my life reading it, and I do not consider them wasted.

bunnylyn33
30th April 2005, 05:12
Ok I have been very patient and this is too good of a story to be (snif, snif) abandoned. Please come back and update

copper3
3rd May 2005, 04:24
Bumping this again to beg shamlessly for an update. I read the whole thing in one sitting, very interesting story and I can't wait for the next part. Great work!

Ellidyay
3rd May 2005, 04:26
My sister is in a freaking psych hospital, graduation is coming up, and my beta has finals. So while I love and apreciate all the love and support, please be patient. Two weeks. Give me two weeks and there will be an update. I promise.

Liddy

BellaMR
3rd May 2005, 05:24
Two weeks, huh? I'll be waiting. Not very patiently, but at least I won't badger you until the deadline is up. However, then all bets are off.

Congratulations with graduation and good luck with your sister. I hope everything turns out OK.

Ellidyay
3rd May 2005, 16:28
Bella,

Agreed. I can handle those stipulations. Thanks for understanding.

Liddy

carebear72884
3rd May 2005, 17:11
We will wait Hun, patiently, its been this long, two more weeks can't hurt. I really hope things work out for your sister, and congrats on graduating.

Kit Merlot
4th May 2005, 00:10
My sister is in a freaking psych hospital, graduation is coming up, and my beta has finals. So while I love and apreciate all the love and support, please be patient. Two weeks. Give me two weeks and there will be an update. I promise.

Liddy

Hi Liddy,

First, I hope your sister is okay. Second, congratulations on graduating, and third, we can wait for the update.

I hope everything works out. I'll be praying for you :grin3:

nickielh
5th May 2005, 15:18
I just wanted to let you know someone out there knows what you are going through. When my oldest son was nine he had to be admitted to the Mental hospital where he wound up sedated most of the time for the entire week he was there. He is now 11, almost 12 and doing much better with his meds. So dont despair over your sister as there are many disorders like Bi-polar ( which my son has along with aspergers) that can successfully be treated with medications and they can then live wonderful lives.

Congrads on graduation and look to the future.

Nickie

mimi71884
7th May 2005, 03:23
Everyone understands that real life takes precedence over fanfic world (despite the comfort and escape it sometimes provides).

We'll be here waiting for you when things get better... :)

In the meantime, the best of luck.

:)

Louie
9th May 2005, 19:34
This is the best story I've ever read. So full of different emotions and so real in feeling it gets to you. Lovingly waiting for time to bring more.

BellaMR
17th May 2005, 21:27
Alright. I waited the alotted two weeks and there is still no update. :damncomp:
This is just a friendly reminder. The real nagging will commence shortly. I'm very good at it. Just ask my husband, he'll tell you.

Ellidyay
24th May 2005, 03:30
A/N: You wanted it, you got it. I promised you didn’t I? To all those wonderful patient people who were so supportive *HUGGLES* this chapter is more episode filler. Enjoy.

Thanks- to CC for being my test audience and to sabby for the beta and everything else

Reviews: SO VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

Chapter 38 - Insurgence

Lex pressed his fingertips together and fought for his cool.

“I was under the impression that the deal had closed.” He ground out through a thin veil of control. It was after midnight and only recently had he been able to get a hold of his panicked lawyer to deal with the situation at hand.

“Mr. Luthor,” His lawyer said, looking about ready to shit himself, “I'm sorry.”

“I don't want ‘I'm sorry.’ I want to know how the hell my father beat me out of a 150-million dollar contract that you assured me was a done deal!” He snapped, his tight grip on his fury slipping away.

“The only way they would have known the exact dollar amount was if they had inside information.” His lawyer said, stating the painfully obvious.

“And since you and I were the only ones who knew about it, and I certainly didn't tell my father, that leaves you in a very uncomfortable position.” He growled.

“If I no longer have your confidence, I'll tender my resignation in the morning.” The man said sheepishly, fear permeating his every word.

Lex rose from behind his desk and walked furiously over to his lawyer. The man was practically shaking.

“My father would want more than your resignation. He'd hobble you at the knees and do everything in his power to insure you'd never work in the corporate world again.” His words were sharp with an obvious threat ringing through to his terrified employee. So much so that the man swallowed visibly before he turned to leave.

“But I'm not my father,” he said, his voice far more level this time. No, he wasn’t his father and he wouldn’t stoop to the old man’s level. “All I want to know is how he found out. And how I can stop it from ever happening again.”

The man didn’t answer. Instead he made a wise and hasty retreat from the office as fast as his greasy, little legs could take him.

Lex watched him go, frustrated and wrung out. He turned and leaned against the solid glass of his desktop. He hadn’t been this angry in…huh, weeks.

He glanced down at the desk and saw his father, looking smug as ever staring up at him from the cover of a magazine. His anger got the better of him as he threw both the magazine and the contents of his desk, computer included, onto the floor.

Goddamn it. He walked over to the mess his lack of control had created and sighed. Once again his emotions had gotten the better of him. No. That was something his father would say. And it wasn’t all of his emotions. It was just his rage.

He squatted low to look at the wreckage. The monitor was ruined but it had been yanked free of the pc so nothing valuable had been lost. The vase he kept next to it was shattered, the tiny flower bud it had held lay underneath one of the computer screen’s plastic panel sides. He tossed the destroyed plastic aside and lifted the flower up.

He stared at it for a moment before he realized what he was looking at. A tiny wire poked up from within the petals. With hands that were steadier than they had any right to be he lifted the tiny wireless microphone out of the plant.

Fuck control, he thought as he wrapped his palm around the bug his father had so obviously had planted. Now was the time for wrath. And damn it, he had that in spades.

~*~*~

The pounding sounds of Metallica flooded over him as he tore into the library floor of his office. He yanked books off the shelves, shaking them as he flung them to the floor. He pulled apart every piece of furniture he came into contact with, the pounding bass washing through him, feeding into his vengeance.

His hatred for the old man seethed as he ripped open a cushion from one of the library’s chairs with his bare hands. He grabbed the table and threw it off the balcony and on to the level below. It landed with a satisfying crash. He imagined for a moment that it was his father’s body instead of a dead piece of wood.

Millions of dollars of his own property came were torn apart in his ruthless hunt. Once he was through scouring the upper level, finding one camera lodged between a second edition of Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and Kafka’s The Trial, he began his ravaging of the downstairs.

The bastard had defiled everything of any value to Lex. His childhood, Lex thought as he destroyed another sofa. He’d ruined his mother, Lex thought through the rage as he pulled a metal bar loose from some of the wreckage. He’d destroyed Julian when the boy had needed the old man most. The image of his father’s disinterest was accompanied by a stab of the metal bar through the purple felt covering of his prized pool table.

The son of a bitch had killed the only woman Lex had ever and would ever loved and was using her ghost to make him weak. He fumed over that one as he slid underneath it. Adrenaline powered him as he tore into the thin underside with the bar and his own fists and feet. Without too much work, it gave way, releasing colored balls which hit his body before rolling across the floor. He felt around inside until his hands hit pay dirt, another sound recorder.

He threw it on his desk with the rest of the bugs he’d found. Every new plant he found increased his frenzy. Every thing he was forced to destroy to free him of the surveillance compounded his anger.

The whole thing added insult to injury by invading not only his private business dealings but his private life. No doubt the man now knew he was onto his pseudo-Chloe and would send someone or something to take care of that problem as well.

“Damn it!” He cursed, hurling his metal tool at a far wall. It clattered into one of the shelves, sending artifacts and books flying. A tiny lens blinked at him from behind the new mess, pushing him forward anew.

He wasn’t aware of time passing and when he heard Clark’s voice, he was shocked to discover it was morning.

“Lex, what's going on?”

Lex placed a finger to his lips as he looked up from the painting he was destroying. Poor Clark looked so befuddled. Not that that was anything unusual.

Lex crossed the room to his stereo. He turned up Metallica’s “The Frayed Ends of Sanity” to an earsplitting volume. “Big Brother is listening, or should I say ‘Big Daddy’?” He said sardonically, pointing towards the devices he had dug out of his office. “These are just what I found so far."

He picked one up and held it out to Clark. “State of the art in high-tech surveillance. I'm going to have to bring in a team of experts to sweep the rest of the mansion.”

“What are you saying, your dad's spying on you?” Clark asked, startled and confused.

“I had the inside track on a multi-million dollar contract.” Lex said with more cool that he had possessed in the last six hours. “At the last minute, LuthorCorp manages to underbid me. You do the math.”

“Lex, you’ve got to calm down...,” Clark said, trying his best to mediate.

No doubt his young friend had seen the open bottle of brandy when he’d come in, Lex thought as he stormed toward the door Clark had just entered through; Of course it would be so typical of him, of everyone, to just brush off his concerns by assuming he was drunk. Well damn it he’d had enough of it.

“Don't tell me to calm down, Clark! How would you feel if someone were listening to every private word you uttered, learning all your secrets?”

Lex watched his eyes grow wide and knew he’d struck a nerve. After all, what was more important to Clark Kent than his secrets?

“Lex,” he said, sounding truly concerned now, “These devices could be anywhere. They could be in the sofa cushions or the heating vents.”

Lex shook his head as he waded through the rubble of his study. “I already checked.”

“What about your stereo?”

Lex walked and stared at the small but powerful stereo system that had kept him company through his descent into destruction. It had been running nonstop for the last several hours. And it was one of the only places he hadn’t checked.

“Fighting the fear of fear. Growing conspiracy. Everyone's after me. Frayed ends of sanity,” the lead singer screamed at him as he lifted his trusty metal bar and brought it crashing down on the front of the stereo. The player came to a grinding halt and Lex was able to pick the pieces of yet another bug out of the remains.

~*~*~

The whole bugging operation had been one spectacular disaster. Lex hadn’t really expected a simple thing like planting a few recording devices to turn into the hostage situation it had become. He should have learned his lesson, really. Two wrongs did not make a right. Of course, before things had gone down in flames and a fucking hostage situation had developed, Lex had been almost enjoying himself.

As much as he hated to admit it, he rather liked corporate espionage. There was something about the thrill of the planning and execution that appealed to him. Lex realized belatedly that it would probably please his father to know that sort of thing.

Honestly, though, he didn’t care. He refused to focus directly on his father right then. Because at the moment, he was staring at a the front doors of Smallville High School which at present housed Chloe Sullivan, editor-in-chief of the Smallville Torch and trying to figure out if she knew anything about the disaster at Luthor Towers.

He took a deep breath before getting out of his car. With every step he took, he could feel his confidence oozing back into him.

The girl in that massive concrete building was not his Chloe. She was a hateful ploy and nothing more. As long as he could keep that in mind, keeping his cool and staying under control was a piece of cake. After all, this was nothing but basic damage control.

He found her where he expected to, in the Torch Office. Music of some sort, fluid and haunting rock, was turned up on a small jukebox. She was facing away from him, leaning over a desk arranging pieces of paper on a table.

“Doing anything interesting?”

“Shit!” She yelped and jumped. Papers went flying and she spun to face him. Her anger brought fire into her eyes. “What the hell do you think you’re doing, sneaking up on a person like that? Do you have any idea how long I’ve been working on that layout? Hours!”

“I’m sorry,” Lex said, mildly amused by her anger.

She deflated quickly as he looked at her. “It’s ok,” she sighed. “Can I help you?”

“I was wondering if you were planning on publishing anything about the hostage situation in your next issue of the paper.”

“Why?” Chloe’s eyes narrowed in suspicion.

He was so…coolly detached. She ached as she looked at him, so different from the man she had loved, who had loved her. Gone were the band t-shirts and comfortable sneakers on his feet. Instead he was clad in silk shirts and Italian leather shoes. His entire aura was one of togetherness and adulthood. She felt so damn young around him now.

“My father was involved and I want to see to it that he’s not incorrectly depicted in any article you happened to write.”

“Why do you care what I write about him? It’s not as if you like the man. And he’s been nothing but an asshole to you, anyway.”

Oh crap.

Lex blinked at her. His expression was a mixture of shock and anger. “How would you know anything about my familial life, Miss Sullivan,” he ground out. “My relationship with my father, like everything else in my life, is my business. Not yours. And you would do well to keep out of this.”

Chloe was mentally kicking the living tar out of herself for being so freaking stupid. She knew better than this but when he was around, looking practically edible and so painfully familiar even with such a different demeanor, it was just too easy to slip up.

“I-“she swallowed quickly trying to hide her reaction. “It’s obvious that he’s a jerk. And for your information, I didn’t have time to write an article about the siege before this weeks paper went to bed anyway so it’s a moot point.”

She regained her composure and was able return his fury with a glare of her own. She transmuted frustration and pain into righteous anger, something she’d learned all to well from the man in font of her.

“And anyway, you wouldn’t be able to say a damn thing if I did decide to write an editorial on why I and the rest of Smallville think your father is a magnificent bastard. Now if you don’t mind, I have a lot of work to do, excuse me, re-do thanks to you. So please, feel free to leave.”

He could almost believe in that moment that the woman before him was really who he wished she was. She had the spark, the passion, which had been so characteristic of his Chloe.

He wished he could believe; wished it were possible. God he missed her so much he could almost feel himself breaking from the pain.

“Forgive my intrusion then,” he said coolly.

His posture and voice revealed nothing. Despite that, nothing covered the hurt she could see in those icy blue eyes she loved so much.

She almost slipped again. She almost begged him not leave as he turned to go. She nearly threw herself at him, crying and babbling about how much she still loved him, would always love him. But before she could give into to the urge, he was gone. She thought she could hear the sound of his footsteps echoing through the empty hallway back to her over the pulse of the music that filled the office.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Kit Merlot
24th May 2005, 03:39
This was an interesting update. I remember the episode well when Lex discovers the bugs, and he was seething with rage. I liked how you tapped into that being at the root of all of Lex's problems.

And Chloe can't help but feel worried about Lex, but she has to remember that the Lex she is seeing now is a different man from the one she fell inlove with.

Man, this story is so beautifully tragic. WELL DONE!

dsapiro
24th May 2005, 03:53
Awsome update Elly. Can't wait for the next one. I love how you tie the story in with the plot.

Louie
24th May 2005, 03:56
That was so good. I wonder what Lionel does think of this 'fake' Chloe seeing he is one the outside and doesent need to blind himself to the fact that Chloe is much like Chloe.

Well I loved it and can't wait till you can give us more of this wonderful story

hfce
24th May 2005, 04:47
Wow that was a great update and worth the wait. I love the tie in with Lec finding the bugs well done. I feel so bad for the both of them. When will it turn to romance. :(

Hope ;)

buffiy18
24th May 2005, 05:10
Yeah and update and with Chlex in it. Please update again and soon... you wetted our appitites. I love how Chloe is still in love with him and Lex is fighting not to love her :)

Krysia
24th May 2005, 05:40
This was a wonderfull update. I love this story and every time Lex and Chloe meet I hope something will happen that will make Lex think twice about who this Chloe really is. And i adore all the slips Chloe makes, all the little clues. I can't wait to see how you will make Lex realize that this Chloe is his Chloe.
Is it wrong that I lik eto see Lex being all torn up inside like this?

Gina41283
24th May 2005, 05:42
OMG YOU UPDATED!!!! lol you have no idea how happy i am now!!! please o please update soon!!!!!!!

star del mar
24th May 2005, 05:54
I cannot even begin to express how excited I am that you updated!! Aghh, I love this story and I'm so glad to see it back. Lex and Chloe, I just can't even begin to deal...my heart just breaks for them because they're so close but neither wants to make the move and reveal themselves...reveal all their memories. It's just so sad but it was a great update and I can't wait to read more!!

Steph*

autumngold
24th May 2005, 06:11
Tremendous update!! Chloe and Lex are so, so far away from each other now!! I really wish that Chloe would try to tell Lex the truth, tell him things that only she could know!! However, it seems that Lex is so far gone now that he would never be able to believe her!! Thanks so much for the update!! This is such a beautiful, heartbreaking story!!

Clannadlvr
24th May 2005, 07:04
R! Excellent new chapter. I love how you're weaving the events of the series into your larger story. And I'm just completely wrecked by how both Chloe and Lex's hearts have been broken by this situation.

Thanks so much for continuing one of my favorite stories!

Queen Of Tact
24th May 2005, 07:13
great ch baby... you know i love this fic and always will.... This was more then a chick ass chappi...... My poor Lex and Chloe, they just need to sit down and talk... great job as always baby...

Hugs

CC

Leo Princess
24th May 2005, 07:32
Updated! Yay! Life has returned to my bio-shell! *dances*

planetcal
24th May 2005, 09:05
yay! Great Update!!! This story is so good. I wish Chloe could tell Lex that she did know him when he went to boarding school. They deserve to be together.
Update again soon please!!!!

lexchloe
24th May 2005, 09:32
Yay you updated. Loved the whole thing. Lionel is very thorough with the bugging isn't he but of course that's why he's the MB. The Chlex scene was great even though I hoped she would tell him everything. I feel so bad for both of them. Excellent update and can't wait for the next one.

carebear72884
24th May 2005, 11:19
I can't handle it when they are difficult. Can't they tell that they need eachother? That they both want to be with one another. Argh! It is just so imposible, I can't see how they will ever get over themselves and find their way back to each other. Please update soon, don't make us wait through the pain of all 4 seasons of SV..get these two together pronto!

Gaia
24th May 2005, 13:11
I love the story, but hate those two idiots!!!!!! Why can't she just say
who she is.......:( it's not fair:(
But update fast..please....
:D

kirt30
24th May 2005, 13:36
that was great what happens next

welshy
24th May 2005, 16:56
That was a wonderful update, I hope there's going to be more :wub:

morgannia
25th May 2005, 01:25
{{{{Squeeeeee}}}}

:::does a little happy dance:::

maybe it was just filler, but it was great filler. i cannot WAIT until Lex figures out what's really going on . . . the suspense is nearly unbearable! & Chloe is adorable, trying so hard not to give anything way & slipping every once in a while. i am surprised that she hasn't tried to contact Wendy or anyone else though, i would've have thought that she would have attempted to reach her even if by an untraceble number or disposable cell phone or something. {{{shrugs shoulders}}}

anyway, hope you update soon! i'm utterly addicted to this story & need desperately to know what happens next.

tiger04
25th May 2005, 02:20
great update. I just love when lex and chloe are together in the same space. I can hardly wait for the next chapter in your wonderful story.

AT

Impress
25th May 2005, 04:32
I suuuupoose that was worth the wait. ;)

Seriously, really good update. Far to short for my liking but otherwise really good.

scgirl
25th May 2005, 07:17
*checks story, faints in shock*

Is it...it can't be...wait, it is...it's a bird, it's a plane, it's an--UPDATE! Yay!

Excellent, truly excellent. Those two crazy kids, dancing around the obvious elephant in the room, I love it. My only complaint is that it was awfully short...maybe you can post another installment really soon, to make up for the lack in length?

Keep writing, missy!

SinnerSaint
25th May 2005, 09:02
I am doing a bizarre dance of joy because you updated! I am so frustrated for Lex and Chloe both...so close and yet so far away.

Mystykitty
25th May 2005, 22:19
:JDnf;vkjnadf;kkjjvn...

so happy.

update.

so happy.

This was a wonderful chapter, showing mostly how Lex has coped with his loss. I will be interested where you take the story next. will Chloe ever admit it was her? Will Lex figure it out?
Hell will the angst ever end?
I eagerly await the next updateand can't wait to see what you have come up with next (of course I'll wait as long as it takes but...) Update soon.

teejei
27th May 2005, 00:02
great to see that you're back on your feet and have added another chapter to this epic.

now...final four words:

you. update. soon. please? :o

lilinny
27th May 2005, 05:09
A great update. I love the blowup of the bugs. Very nice. Don't be a stranger and wait so long to update this outstanding story.
:respect:

LarkLuthor
27th May 2005, 23:44
Lovely update but a it left me with a morbid feeling...I'm getting tired of watching their heart strings being pulled around untill you'd think you couldn't hurt them any more.

Remember to update soon! I know you're out of school now! *gleefully wanders off with a grin at the thought of such a useful barganing chip*

Lark

Crystal79
28th May 2005, 00:53
Great update, I hope you post again soon.The song's lyrics really matched Lex's mood.
Also hope everything in your RL is getting better.

asharnanae
28th May 2005, 02:11
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! fantastic work hon, and I love how the serise is worked into this chappy, man, now I am going to be addicted all the more!

Augustine86
28th May 2005, 06:05
Oh, so awfully bittersweet... Actually, so awfully bitter. But gotta luuuuuuuvvvvveeee it.

Great work. Please don't be a stranger, pretty please?

Ellidyay
29th May 2005, 19:48
A/N:This is a much longer chapter, as per request. It's another episode chapter. I hope you like it. There will be no A/N in the next chapter. Enjoy!

Thanks: To sabby for the beta and the Lords of Acid music. To CC for all her help. For everyone reading for their loyalty and reivews.

Reviews: They help me write and keep my going. So PLEASE tell me what you think!!!!!!

Chapter 39 - Rush

She often wondered why no one besides herself ever noticed the fact that they lived in the Sunnydale of the Midwest. She wondered more when strange things happened. Things like her meek little chemistry partner doing something completely out of the blue like throwing himself to his death just for a thrill.

Sure the school was abuzz with Travis’s death. But teenagers dropped like flies around here. In a week or two, she doubted anyone would even remember his name.

Today had been a little strange as well. Lana and Clark were back at their on-again off-again dating-but-not-really bullshit which Chloe had mistakenly believed was well and done with before her temporal experience. Not that that was anything new, but that Clark had suddenly regained his balls and backbone was a little surprising.

Far more notable was that Pete had been missing most of the day. Pete Ross was not one to skip school. Not to mention, when she’d asked him for help earlier he’d been a complete and total asshole. The sheer bizarreness of Pete’s behavior was the reason Clark was standing in her office now, playing to role of the concerned guy.

“Hey, Chloe. Have you seen Pete today? I think he skipped school.”

“Well, I asked him to help me with the memorial issue, but he totally blew me off. Why?” she asked, reasonably

“He's just acting strange. I think Travis's death really got to him.” Clark said, his face more puzzled than sad.

“Pete did try and save him, but he just couldn't get there in time. Maybe, you know, he feels guilty.” Chloe suggested, the very voice of reason.

“He definitely isn't acting that way.” Clark replied. Ah, gotta love that negativity.

“Different people deal with grief in different ways. So, any big plans for the weekend?”

Clark shrugged. Chloe sighed and turned back to her files. The boy was living in denial, and not the river in Egypt. But she wasn’t one to talk. She still couldn’t confront Lex so she didn’t push the subject further.

“Do you know if they found any drugs in Travis's system?”

Chloe felt the urge to tell him to go to the frigging coroner’s office and ask for himself. She was getting more than a little tired of being treated like his personal Google. But instead she said, “The autopsy report was inconclusive, but they did find a small puncture wound in the back of his neck and his adrenal gland was unusually enlarged.”

“Adrenaline does give you a rush. Maybe that's why he jumped.”
“Yeah, but he wasn't the only one. Two other kids at the rave, one from Grandville, the other one from Smallville Community College, they both turned up dead. One took a swan dive into an empty pool and the other one wrapped his Corolla around a tree. Same puncture wounds, same enlarged adrenal gland and same extreme behavior.” She told him. Once she was in fact-sharing mode it was rather hard for her to stop until she ran out of information

“It's like they all had a death wish. What do the police think?” he asked, trusting and reliant.

“Somebody may have been sticking them with a new designer drug.” Chloe blinked and suddenly put two and two together to get four. Why hadn’t it occurred to her earlier? “You think they got Pete? “

“I don't know. But I know I need to get him to a doctor. I'll see you later,” he said before darting out of the Torch office.

Chloe shook her head as he left. “Yeah, you’re welcome. Don't worry about it. It was nothing, really," she muttered sarcastically. She honestly couldn’t remember the last time he, or anyone for that matter, had thanked her for all the work she did for them.

She wanted to go home where she was appreciated. But going back to her dad’s still didn’t feel like home. Home was over a thousand miles away and 5 years in the past.

She gave herself a mental shake. There was no point dwelling on what was gone. She had a memorial to get finished.

~*~*~

Chloe tried to remind herself why she had agreed to go with Clark to the caves but for the life of her, she could not think of the reason. So she told herself she was tracking a story as she surveyed the strangely painted walls.

“Whatever happened to Pete started in this cave,” Clark told her.

That was all well and good, Chloe thought, but if Pete was riding high on an unknown designer drug then he needed to be in a hospital. And medical attention was far more important than rummaging around in a wet cavern.

“Well, have you gotten him to a doctor yet, or is he as needle-phobic as you are?”

“I haven't been able to find him. My dad called the Rosses. They haven't seen him all day,” Clark said, sounding just this side of desperate. She couldn’t remember the last time he’d been so worried.

Chloe decided not to press him so she changed the subject. “So what exactly are we looking for?”

“I don't know. A certain reporter friend of mine always said to explore all options.”

“In that case, I'll look over here,” she replied with a smile. It was nice to know he actually did listen to her sometimes.

“Okay. I'll check out the other chamber.”

Chloe walked up to one of the painted walls. She raised her camera to snap a picture and through the viewfinder she noticed a deep crack around one of the crude paintings. Carefully, she reached in to feel what was back there but recoiled quickly as her hand hit something cold and slimy. Of course, it was the reporter in her that spurred her to do the unbelievably foolish act of leaning closer to look inside.

“Hey!”

Chloe spun around quickly to face the owner of the voice. It was a weasel little man with dark hair and beady eyes.

“This cave is off-limits. Why don't you find somewhere else to make out?”

As he spoke Chloe felt something prick her in the back of the neck. She gave a small, involuntary gasp.

“You all right?” the man asked.

“Yeah, I'm fine.” She was feeling a little light headed and she pulled off her jacket, revealing a red tank top underneath.

As she did so, she decided that she really didn’t like the way that man had addressed her. Clearly, the little weasel person was an asshole and should be treated as such. “As for your snide remark, people haven't made out in this cave since the 20th century. Now back off.”

Her eyes rolled to Clark who had suddenly reappeared. And for a moment she was a little distracted by the way his jeans clung to his groin. She wondered if he and Lex tasted different or if all men were the same to the taste buds.

But Clark was effectively ignoring her, as per usual so she shrugged and went back to examining the cave. There was a ledge about ten feet up that was just begging for her to climb it. Who was she to resist?

“Hey, you're Frederick Walden, the linguist. You wrote that book.”

“I've written many books,” Fredrick, aka the Weasel Man, replied. Chloe watched from her spot on the ledge.

“Did Lex Luthor hire you?” Clark asked.

And speak of the devil, bald, hot, and wrapped in purple arrived just in time to answer. God, she loved the way those pants made him look. Absolutely fuckable.

“Thanks to you, Clark. I'm counting on Professor Walden to translate these pictographs for us. It'll help the preservation effort.”

God, his voice was enough to make her come all by itself. She had gone without a good orgasm for far too long. She’d have to do something about that.

“Hey, rule one-- no guided tours,” Weasel Man practically whined.

“They're friends of mine, Professor, and I didn't realize you'd accepted my offer.”

“I have, but we do things on my terms, and I don't allow anybody except for my staff on a work site.”

He was a pompous, arrogant asshole who no doubt had a needle dick and needed to compensate by being a dickhead. The fucker needed to be brought down a peg. She smirked at the thought.

“With all due respect, Professor, I was the one who found the caves.”

That’s it, she thought; be a man, Clark. Stop letting them push you around, you walking, talking pussy.

“I don't care if you discovered the Shroud of Turin, kid.” Weasel Man turned to Lex. “If you're unhappy with my method, I can take the first flight to Chile.”

“I'm sorry, Clark,” Lex said.

Chloe knew for a fact that he was lying. He was a great liar. And a great layer. God she was really fucking horny.

“Lex, you can't do this.”

That tone of voice only worked on Lex during sex. She knew that from experience. Clark didn’t stand a chance in hell.

“The man's one of the most renowned linguists in the world. If that's the way he works, we have to respect that.”

The man they were supposed to respect had finally noticed her. And he was not happy. But Weasel Man didn't seem like the type who was ever very happy. "Hey! You get down from there!”

“Come on, Chloe, let's go.”

Well, since he asked so nicely. She walked down from her perch, smirking at the three men.

“What are you smiling at?” Fredrick the Weasel Man demanded before grabbing her camera. “I want those photographs.”

“Take your own.” Chloe snapped, pushing him away.

“I'm serious, young lady.”

“You're the cunning linguist,” Chloe purred, ignoring Lex and Clark completely. “Why don't you translate this? Kiss... my... ass.”

She smirked before sauntering away. She had seen a muscle in Lex’s jaw actually tick and Clark looked utterly flabbergasted. Good. She liked it that way. They were both better looking when surprised.

And she had loads of surprises in store for them.

~*~*~

She felt great. Better than she had in months, years, hell her whole life. She’d stayed up all night the night before, roaming around Smallville, looking for something to do.

The real thrills had been right at home in her very own beloved Smallville High. She didn’t know his name, nor did she particularly care what it was.

She’d found him in one of the hallways after classes, roaming around like a lost puppy. A lost puppy who either had a sock in his pants or he was happy to see her. So she’d pulled him into the Torch and proceeded to secure some momentary relief from the itch she’d been seeking to scratch.

She didn't fuck him, but she didn't need to. Some grinding and saliva exchange and she was good to go for the next couple of hours. Of course, Clark would have to walk in just as she and Nameless-Guy were wrapping it up.

“Hey, Chloe, I need the-“

Poor farm boy. Stunned into silence. She pulled away from Nameless-Guy.

“Don't worry, Clark. We're done.”

“Can I get your number?” Nameless-Guy asked. He was still hard and practically drooling.

She rolled her eyes at him. “Why? The thrill is gone.”

And with that he was out of her mental spectrum. After a few moments she forgot what his face looked like.

“Who was that?”

“I don't know. I met him in the hall, thought he was cute, and asked him if he wanted to do some investigative reporting.” She smirked. What the fuck did he care? Her sex life was her business.

“Chloe, what's going on? Are you okay?” Clark asked, all concerned. Cue the deer-in-the-headlights expression on three.

One.

“Oh, Clark, don't tell me you're jealous. I thought you only had eyes for Lana.” she cooed.

Two.

“Oh, I heard about your date. But of course it's not like you have the guts to tell me.” You fucking pussy.

And three. There were those big doe-like eyes.

“Is that what this is about?”

“Don't flatter yourself, Clark,” She replied dryly, amazed by his self-centeredness. “I just want to explore my options, take a risk. So what can I do for you?”

She grabbed a cherry sucker out of one of the many drawers in her desk. She put it in her mouth and worked it between her lips, pretending for a moment she was back in Hampton, sucking Lex’s brain out through his cock on the floor of her dorm room. Mhm.

Clark actually flinched. Jackpot. But he spoke anyway.

“Remember you said there was this weird hole in the back of Travis's neck? I was wondering if it could be from some kind of parasite.”

“What orifice did you pull that one from?” Chloe shot at him before going back to sit on the couch.

“That's kind of harsh, isn't it?”

“Come on, Clark. It's not like you hit the mute button on your scepticism when I take a logic leap.”

“It's just a hunch. Travis's adrenal gland was abnormal. Maybe the parasite was feeding off his adrenaline, making him want more and more.”

“Hey, Sherlock, don't you think they would've found the parasite during the autopsy?”

“Not if it burrowed out of that hole after he died.”

“All right, so what do you need me for?”

“I can't get within 50 feet of Pete. I figured you could talk to him.”

She stared at him stonily, fighting the urge to lick her lips again. She was waiting for him to say the P word. No, not that one. Although if he did offer to eat her out she’d probably accept. She was waiting for the magic word of every American’s youth. Please.

It never came. What did was a whole, misguided spiel. Captain Oblivious strikes again.

“Chloe, I'm sorry that you're angry with me about this date. I thought we knew where we stood with each other. But right now the only thing I can think about is Pete.”

It was so cute. And with the sincerity of concern, a sort of concern she had only seen him extend towards Lex and Whitney before now, she was becoming relatively sure that her dear friend Clark was just this side of being a queer. Which meant that, if she offered to take both him and Lex at the same time, Farmboy McVirgin might just agree. The thought made her smile wickedly.

“Sure, Clark. I'll do it for you.”

“Just get him to your house. I'll see you there.” he said relieved.

No ‘thank you’, no ‘please’ she noticed again. So of course, she was now obligated to fuck with his curly head.

“It's a date,” she purred. She took a seductive pull on the sucker one last time as he glanced at her then licked her lips and smiled at him as he left.

Men were so easy.

~*~*~

Finding Pete had been a piece of cake. The two of them were of like minds lately. Both of them wanted to ride the rush and only one thing stood in their way. Clark.

Pete had something planned. He hadn’t told her the specifics but she trusted him and whatever it was, it was going to be one hell of a doozy.

They found Clark exactly where they had expected to, in the Talon playing out the same bullshit soap opera with Lana that had been going on for the last two years.

“Hey, lovebirds. Look who I found.”

“Chloe, we were supposed to meet at your house. “

Again with the lack of manners. Thank you was the correct response to someone who did what you asked.

She smirked and seated herself out of the way to watch the show. She’d always been a fan of fireworks.

“Pete, how are you feeling?” Lana mewled. It amazed Chloe that the girl knew how to form a single declarative sentence.

“Awesome, never felt better in my life.”

“Huh. Clark made it sound like you were on your death bed,” She said, looking at Clark. Betrayal was obvious in her eyes.

Welcome to the club Lana, Chloe thought. We’re making t-shirts. You’re a small right?

“And you believed him? Haven't you learned by now? That's just Clark being Clark,” Pete replied.

She and Pete both cracked up at that. How anyone was able to believe a single fucking word out of Clark's mouth was unbelievable. He lied like the biblical serpent for God's sake.

“I guess not,” Lana muttered softly.

“Ouch,” Pete said, smirking at Clark.

It had been enough, because finally the pink princess was gone, no doubt escaping to the back of the Talon to mope. Chloe couldn't find even a lick of sympathy.

“Pete, I need to get you help,” Clark said placating.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, Clark, I know you’re worried about me. You're my boy. You always have been. But I figured it out. In your world green means stop. And red-” Pete seemed to be ready to burst into maniacally laughter at any moment. He placed a small red rock into Clark’s shirt pocket. “Red means go.”

Chloe felt like crowing as a slow, sinister smile crept across Clark’s soft lips. That was more like it.

~*~*~

“We're gonna have some fun now! Where are your parents?” Pete asked as they exploded into Clark’s barn.

“Out looking for you.”

“So what's the plan?” Chloe asked as they climbed the stairs up to the loft.

“I don't know. I was thinking maybe we'd go down to Saunders Gorge and jump the quarry. If we miss, Clark can catch us,” Pete said, a manic grin on his face.

“Let's do it,” Clark agreed, obviously thrilled at the idea.

Chloe might have been looking for a good time but plunging to her death was not on her list of things to do. “Yeah, right.”

“I'm serious,” Clark replied, completely deadpan.

She looked at him. Puzzled. Unless, this all tied into the unending stream of lies that constantly poured from Clark’s mouth. The reason he was so closed off and anal retentive about himself. In which case, bring on the truth motherfuckers. Because it was about time she had it.

“Can we tell her?”

“I'm surprised she hasn't figured it out already,” Clark said with a wry chuckle.

“Figured out what?” Chloe demanded, starting to get more than a little pissed off at the way they were talking about her as if she wasn’t standing right there in fucking front of them.

Clark picked up a baseball bat and handed it to the black teen. “Hey, Pete. Do the honors?”

“With pleasure.”

She watched with a mixture of horror and morbid curiosity as Pete took the bat and slammed it into the back of Clark's head. She was awed when it shattered into splinters on impact.

“Whoa!”

“Gets better. Clark, uh, it's a little dark in here.”

She watched as his stare caused a lantern hanging in the barn to be lit.

“How did you—“

“Do that?” Clark asked appearing behind her.

“What are you?” She spun around to stare up at him.

“Let's just say I'm not from around here.”

“You knew about this?” Chloe demanded of Pete. She was torn halfway between giddy excitement of knowing an honest-to-God alien/extraterrestrial and anger at being kept in the dark.

“He's my brother... from another planet.”

“You should see the look on your face right now,” Clark said and smiled.

Chloe’s anger quickly dissipated at the thought of all the things Clark could probably do. She glanced between her two best friends. “Oh my God. This is so cool.” She grinned widely as an idea entered her mind. “Can you fly?

Pete laughed aloud but Clark looked mildly insulted.

“Whoa, wait a minute. I may be an alien, but I'm not a cartoon.”

She bet he’d make a great cartoon. He’d make a better animated Japanese porn character.

With a bit of effort she pushed thoughts of alien sex out of her mind to explore the possibilities that now stood before her. “So if I fall...,” she asked as she climbed up on a railing of the loft. “Would you catch me?

Clark gave her a nod. “Go for it.”

Embracing the thrill, Chloe let herself fall off the edge of the railing. It was over in less than a second but the rush on the way into Clark’s arms was exhilarating.

“My own personal superhero.” She grinned, enjoying his unusually strong grip. “I always knew there was something special about you, Clark Kent.”

He was mere inches from kissing her when Lex arrived. Time was, after all, everything.

“I hope I'm not interrupting anything,” Lex said coolly.

“You are.” Clark practically snarled as he set her down.

Chloe was distracted from Clark by Lex’s presence. The way his trench coat hung on his strong shoulders and the way that black shirt complimented his pale skin demanded her focus. As did the arrogant, defiant stance that had never been there before she left Hampton.

Fuck him, she thought angrily. Fuck him for changing on her into someone she neither recognized nor liked. Fuck him for not realizing who she was. Fuck him for breaking his promise to her and Wendy and reverting to his drug habit after she was gone. Fuck him for making love to her and leaving her without his touch for months of aching loss. Fuck him for every piece of her soul he had stolen. Fuck him for every second of pain he had ever caused her. Fuck him all the way round. And not in a good way.

Quiet fury seeped through her and she ached to give him a taste of what she had felt because of him for the past months.

“Does he know?” she asked, leaning into Clark’s touch.

Lex recognized her, she realized suddenly. But his eyes told her that in her, he saw a haunting mirage. Fine. She could use that to her advantage. Resentment permeated her as she gazed lastingly up at Clark.

“No. I only tell people who don't go around stabbing me in the back and lying to me,” Clark said on a sigh.

“Clark, can I have a word with you?” Lex asked, his tone sharp. “Alone?”

“I'm busy,” he snapped back.

“Don't even worry about it, Clark. It's cool,” Pete said as he came down from the loft. “We'll meet you in the car.”

Chloe pulled away from Clark to follow Pete out. Instead of walking past the young billionaire, she sauntered up to him, her hips swaying provocatively. Her shirt was low cut and gave him an ample view of the valley between her breasts. Breasts he had once spent over an hour focusing his complete attention on. Breasts Clark would hopefully be fondling within the next few minutes.

“You know, I always wondered. For a boy who has all the money in the world…” She paused to blatantly look him up and down, all the way down, slowly with a hot gaze. “You'd think he could afford a good toupee.”

Chloe then pushed past him, sliding her shoulder and full breast against him as she did so. She’d hit him at his most sensitive point, the freakish bald head she had once kissed with love and reverence. She didn’t need to turn back to see him wince.

~*~*~

Lex couldn’t resist. God help him, he’d tried. But she had come so close that he could smell her shampoo, a clean sharp smell that was as unforgettable to him as the taste of her lips. He couldn’t help but glance briefly down that sinfully low-cut shirt.

He had expected the glimpse of pale, beautiful skin. He had not expected to notice a pendant, hanging on a nearly invisible string of fishing line, barely in view resting in the valley between her breasts. A diamond glinted at him from a rim of the piece.

However, before he could do more than resist the urge to flinch at her cruel words, she had pushed past him. Clark’s laughter brought him back to himself.

“What's going on, Clark? If I didn't know better, I'd say you guys were on something,” Lex asked, truly worried. Kids had been dying on designer drugs lately and he didn’t want anything to happen to Clark or his friends.

Clark walked to Lex and threw a casual arm around him and turned them both toward the door. It was not a gesture Clark had ever made before and it set Lex on edge.

“We're just having a good time. Not that it's any of your business,” Clark said as he not-so-subtly walked them both to the door. “You ever hear of a phone? I'm sick of you just barging in like you own the place. It's really-“

“I came here to tell you, Clark. I talked to Walden. He won't budge,” Lex cut in.

“He won't budge or you don't want me in the cave? Come on, don't lie to me. You're Lex Luthor. You pay a guy to do a job; he does what you tell him. Isn't that the way it always works?” Clark demanded, withdrawing not only physically but emotionally as well.

“Clark…” Lex sighed. He really had tried but Walden had given him an ultimatum. And he needed to know what those damn cave paintings meant almost as much as he wanted to know where his blonde doppelganger had come from.

“I'm gonna go into those caves whenever I damn well please. I dare you to stop me,” Clark snapped.

“Is this really about a term paper?”

“You'd love to know, wouldn't you? I'm gonna go. So are you.” Clark was practically snarling as he pushed Lex out of his way.

“I like to see you standing up for yourself, Clark, I really do. But be careful not to cross the line.”

Clark whirled to glare at him. “Is that a threat?”

Lex shook his head. This was one of the worst days he’d had in quite a few…huh, it had only been a couple of weeks since the hostage situation hadn’t it? He was tired and thrown and frustrated with the behavior he was witnessing.

“I'm just giving you a friendly piece of advice.”

“Let me give you some back,” his friend spat. “If you know what's good for you, stay the hell away from me.”

Lex watched him go join his friends to do god knew what. It was amazing how fast a day could turn sour, he thought sadly as he heard the sound of tires squealing as a car tore off outside.

~*~*~

She was going to fuck Clark Kent’s brains out right there in the middle of the fucking Talon. Lana could walk in at any moment and find her perched on top of her would-be-if-they-ever-stopped-beating-around-the-bush-for-just-five-goddamn-minutes boyfriend on one of her precious faux chic sofas.

She grinned at the feel of Clark’s hands on her. They were huge and rough, calloused from years of hard labor. The sensation was completely alien to what she was used to. Sense memories told her Lex’s hands were soft and strong from years of a life that didn’t require shoveling cow shit every few days. But both felt good.

Even through the haze of excitement and sexual tension she knew that this wouldn’t scratch the itch the way she needed it. No matter how masterfully the xeno-sapien beneath her brought her to climax, she knew she wouldn’t be able to convince herself it was exactly what she needed.

But that didn’t really matter. She was having a fucking great time and it would do just fine until she could find a way to work her way back into Lex’s pants.

Her mind wasn’t even focusing as they shared a little banter before she ripped off his shirt. She turned her attention to the expanse of smooth tanned skin that was now available to her greedy palms.

Except suddenly, fun Clark was gone. Babbling about how she didn’t know what she was doing, how it was wrong. How she had a freaking parasite. The concept that she had a bug living in her was fucking insulting.

“Well, I love the way I feel. So maybe this is exactly what I need. To spend more time actually living life and less time reporting it,” Chloe said sharply.

Then she caught hold of his face and pulled him in for a bruising kiss. When she finally let go of his lips, Lana was standing in front of them, looking ready to burst into sobs.

“L-Lana,” Clark stuttered as he realized that his dream girl was gaping at his little lip lock with her best female friend. “This is not what it looks like.”

The Asian girl made to leave but Chloe stopped her cold. “Yeah, it is, Lana. It's exactly what it looks like. Oh, and guess what? Clark told me everything. And I mean everything.”

Chloe wasn’t quite sure where that venom came from but she didn’t really care. This whole thing was getting boring. She was going to find Pete and together she was sure they’d find something to do.

~*~*~

She had lied to them all. She remembered every liberated moment she had experienced with the parasite. She had had it a significantly shorter period of time than Pete, who remembered next to nothing after all the toxins that went through him due to the parasite.

She remembered making Lana cry. She remembered the thrill at finding out her best friend was an alien, an alien for Christ’s sake! She was still having trouble getting over the fact that her friend was a little green man from Mars. Except that he was neither little, nor green, and he was most likely from somewhere farther away than Mars.

And she remembered seeing Lex and saying that hateful thing to him. In her defense, he’d driven her up the wall as far as her then-tenuous control was concerned. She hadn’t realized how much anger and hurt she had been carrying around inside her before her little brush with the wild side.

She had needed time to think. The quiet hours when visitation wasn’t allowed had been the perfect time. And in that time she’d come to several conclusions.

First being that she was never going to mention to Clark what she knew but now that her curiosity was finally eased she would stop digging about him. She knew his secret and that was enough to keep the curiosity cat from getting killed, simple as that.

Lana was even easier. Again she would feign ignorance and allow their friendship to continue. Granted, the girl would never be what Wendy and Corinne had been to her but she needed a friend who wouldn’t freak out if she needed to watch Titanic(which she had literally dragged Lex to see with her in theaters back at Hampton), eat Ben n’ Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, and have a good cry. She shouldn’t need to, but the way her emotional life had been progressing it would be better to lie and have someone to lean on than tell the truth and lose a friend.

Lex, on the other hand, was far more difficult. Now that she was being honest with herself she could see that he had been watching her freakishly closely lately, practically studying her. No doubt trying to figure out how, exactly, someone had placed a girlfriend look alike in Smallville and why.

She had seen what his digging had done to Clark and she was not about to risk that same scrutiny. There was nothing that could come of it but trouble.

The whole experience had left her more resolved than anything else. It was a slap in the face to the real world. Things were going to have to change. Clark used her and she wasn’t going to tolerate his shit anymore. Lana wasn’t that bad a person and she would need to be nicer to her if she hoped to keep the only female friend she had left. And Lex…Lex was forever beyond her reach. She needed to get over him. She needed to let go.

However, Chloe had always done her best to be honest with herself. And honestly? She knew for a fact that it was going to be far easier said than done.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

welshy
29th May 2005, 20:42
:wub: this a really great story, I hope you update soon

carebear72884
29th May 2005, 20:56
Wow...that was great. I have always, always loved that episode. It was even better when you wrote it Rach. I know there is another chapter sitting around, so you better update soon. Lex knows. right? He knows it really is Chloe and he is going to do everything he can to get her. right?? update, now!

star del mar
29th May 2005, 22:45
I'm so glad you updated again, I am seriously in love with this story. I'm glad that Chloe remembered what happened when she was all hopped up on the toxins, that she recognizes the fact that Lex might be figuring out what is going on...even if he is actually a bit off as to who she is. But I don't want her to give up! They were just so good and happy together back at Hampton and I'm desperately waiting to see that again. Awesome writing, now update again! :D

Steph*

chril1
30th May 2005, 01:20
chloe, good aspirations...all except the last one

loved the chapter

poor lex

lea
xxx

Clannadlvr
30th May 2005, 06:15
Excellent, excellent chapter. I continually love the way in which you show Chloe and Lex dealing with the situation separately. I'm curious to see whether Lex will interpret the diamond she's wearing as just another part of a perfectly constructed double or a sign that she might actually be his chloe.

Also...I loved this line:

"Welcome to the club Lana, Chloe thought. We’re making t-shirts. You’re a small right?"

So wonderfully in character and snarky. One of the things that I adore about your characterization of Chloe is that, while she was at Hampton and with Lex, Chloe did not seem to need to rely on her sarcasm and quick quips as much. But as soon as she returned to Smallville, those traits once again became her way of dealing with the world. It's a great example of why she acts the way she does, using sarcasm as a shield against pain.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

scgirl
30th May 2005, 08:28
Excellent chapter! I like that Chloe now knows that Clark is an alien, but Clark doesn't know that she knows...there's definite potential there for her to have some fun. Might she eventually be the one to tell Lex? Hmmm...

More soon, please!

ColumbiaBlue
30th May 2005, 10:34
First off, let me just say I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she's better or is getting better. And second, congradulations on graduating!

And I missed TWO updates again. I love how you're incorporating previous episodes into the story.

Can't wait for more! Great job Rach!!!

~Manda

Louie
30th May 2005, 18:57
And Lex…Lex was forever beyond her reach. She needed to get over him. She needed to let go.

Ha ya right, like that's going to happen. Loved it(but that's not a surprise) her emotions about Lex coming out while under the bug was great.

Impress
30th May 2005, 19:21
I almost missed the update. Great job. I feel so sorry for Chloe and can't wait to see how she handles things from now on.

hannagreen20
30th May 2005, 20:27
Yeah! I'm so glad you updated this! I love this story. I just read Caroline Cooney's "Time" and this totally reminds me of it! I can't wait til chloe reunites with lex!

hfce
30th May 2005, 20:50
Wow that was a great update. I love how you put the episode and made it a lot better than what we saw on TV. I love how Chloe knows but isnt going to say anything. I can't wait until the next update.

Hope ;)

happybum
31st May 2005, 00:27
Hi i'm a new reader of yours. I have read some of your stories in mystifyingdreams.com. I was so devastated when i thought you were long gone and you weren't going to finish this story. Now i understand why. Don't worry, you'll get settled in a good place soon. Life does screw people over, but it always gives something back. I can relate b/c last year my house was under reconstruction, and the room i slept in ownly had 3 walls. The night after, i was covered with mosquito bites, AHHH i'm reliving the horror. >_< And anyhoos , besides if i could make it , you most definitely could make. Because we tough cookies have to stick together like a buttcheeks or something like that. er sorry for the visual. And thank god, i found you here! Hafta finish reading your amazing stories. Happy days!! :D

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 04:07
All right. Brilliant. You know that. In trying to find where I last left off, I glanced at a couple of future chapters, and I think I saw Jules in them. So I'm hoping he doesn't die. 'Cause really, you wouldn't want me to kill you right after graduation, would you? I didn't think so. ^_^

Okay, on to the next chapter!

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 04:21
To quote the lovely and brilliant Corinne:

Motherfucker.

I'm going to kill you. You know that, right? *sniffles* Stupid crying. And how am I supposed to go to bed and get my rest for my internship tomorrow when I just want to keep reading this, huh? HUH???

Stupid . . . *grumble grumble*

I'm reading the next chapter now.

SinnerSaint
2nd June 2005, 04:34
Woohoo!!! You updated ! And it was awesome ! So very exciting. I wish Lex would get a clue though.

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 04:37
Tell you what. I'll leave a good, detailed review when I get to a chapter that DOESN'T MAKE ME CRY!!!

*sniffle*

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 04:54
Damn. I'm almost sad that Lex was behind bars when Corinne was talking to him. If he hadn't been, maybe she could've knocked some sense into that bald, sexy head of his. In all seriousness, it seems that what Lex needs most at this point is an intense and thorough ass-kicking.

I'm interested to see what happens when he meets Chloe for the first time. Odd, how that'll work. And will he stop her from going back in time in the first place? Can he stop her from going back in time? Time travel is confusing, especially when it comes to changing the past. Bah.

Okay. I'm reading the next chapter. I'm almost entirely sure I won't stay up all night catching up. Probably.

But if I fall asleep at my internship tomorrow, I'm blaming you.

Leo Princess
2nd June 2005, 05:08
Huzzah! Update!

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 05:09
Heh. Hehhehhehhehheh. Hee.

All right, I'm incredibly sad to say that this is my last chapter for tonight. But I have to say, it's a GREAT chapter to end on! It's fascinating, seeing all of those scenes from a new perspective. Poor Lex, having to deal with all that crap every time he sees Chloe.

Of course, the $64,000 question is, what will happen when/if Chloe realizes what's going on? Perhaps, as my theory was at first, she doesn't die in the past, but just goes back to the present. Huh? Huh? Am I close?

All right. Bedtime. But I'll be back tomorrow! (I hope)

buffiy18
2nd June 2005, 06:40
Fun update. I infinatly liked it more then the last... probably because there was less Chlex intereaction, although this one has only a few bits and peices they were fun ones. I hope Chloe and Lex get to talking soon or at least interacting more with each other. Poor Chloe, getting over Lex is going to be more difficult than anything, especially with all the memories she brought up while "under the influence". Hope you are able to update again and soon.

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 07:26
I seem to have skipped over a review for Chapter 33 . . . how odd . . . I know I read it, and I could swear I reviewed . . . dammit, this is gonna bug me.

Yeah, so I couldn't sleep, and now I'm reading again. Lovely chapter; I feel so bad for Chloe! Stupid Desiree and her stupid pheremones; I didn't like her when the episode aired, and I don't like her now! Guh. Skank.

Meanwhile, I need Lex to wake up to the fact that this is his Chloe. I mean, really. What are the odds that there would be two Chloe Sullivans out there who look exactly alike? Huh? Not good!! Wake up, Lex! Before I have to bitch-slap some awareness into you. All right, still not tired, so on to the next chapter!

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 07:35
Right. Great chapter. I'd leave more, but I saw a big brown beetle in here a few minutes ago, and now I'm a little paranoid. More later, I promise.

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 07:45
Meeble! Oh for heaven's sake, the two of you, GET IT TOGETHER! This is not difficult. Honestly.

What I'm wondering is, if Lex thinks that Chloe's a plant hired by his father, why not try to sway her to his side? He obviously thinks money's the main motivator; offer her more. Or offer her protection. Or your pants. Whatever. The point is, as usual, this could all be solved by a little bit of communication.

Say it with me, children. C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N.

Sheesh.

Not An Addict
2nd June 2005, 08:05
Sure the school was abuzz with Travis’s death. But teenagers dropped like flies around here. In a week or two, she doubted anyone would even remember his name.

Hee! Way to call them on the Smallville Syndrome. Loved it.

This chapter was FABULOUS. Farmboy McVirgin. *snorts*

Okay, I need a new chapter NOW. He saw the necklace. Is he going to ask her about it? Or is he just going to keep going on with his head up his ass? *smacks Lex* Get it together, boy!

All right, it's time to try sleeping again. Just wanted to let you know, I loved everything. Now write more!

Kit Merlot
2nd June 2005, 17:52
Liddy, this version of Rush was just as wonderful as the actual episide, because Chloe remembered everything. And I like that she realizes that Lex is suspicious of her.

And Lex has to confront Chloe now. He just has to. Right?

Augustine86
2nd June 2005, 18:49
They are driving me up the wall!!!! I love this, but you are torturing me!

asharnanae
3rd June 2005, 00:02
Magnificentt!!!!

lilinny
3rd June 2005, 02:20
Let him go? Chloe let Lex go? I don't think so!!!! A new update if you please..
Great reworking of the old Rush episode. You Rock!!!!!

Star14
3rd June 2005, 05:22
Oh man that was great! I loved the begginning with the comment about Clark using Chloe as his personal Google! Priceless and totally correct! I loved how you played that episode! Chloe remembering everything that happened while she was infected was execellent! But the end made me think Chloe might have been crazy when she was going to give up on Lex! That's a hell no! He has to work harder at putting the pieces of the Chloe puzzle together! I must have more please! THank Thank you!!

kirt30
3rd June 2005, 19:06
i hope you update soon and hopefully there will be some chlex please

BellaMR
4th June 2005, 02:27
Why couldn't Chloe put her stubborness in a more useful direction - Like convincing Lex that she is his Chloe. Instead she's tring to move on. She needs a swift kick in the butt.

I loved the way you worked Rush in. I'm ecstatic that she remembers everything.

I thought that Lex was smarter than this. He has all the clues in front of him. He just needs to get his head out of his ass long enough to see some light. I mean if Chloe was really trying to spook him, would she have hidden the necklace so no one could see it? UGGGG Wake up.

Great update. Can't wait for more.

jaxie926
4th June 2005, 07:52
ok, a friend of mine just threw this story in my lap hours ago. and i've read it all. I'm HOOKED! You've made me laugh, you've made me cry and I completely believe that the authors of the show MEANT to include this lovely story line... they were just too dumb to forsee it. I MUST know what happens. You're amazing! Keep writing and PLEASE post soon!

Gaia
4th June 2005, 13:33
NONOnonononononononono...she can't do that! They are ment to be together
...MENT TO BE!!! Update please......

Blaire023
4th June 2005, 14:17
its so good, really, but hey, look at that, it's in the romance section.

SO WHERE'S THE ROMANCE!

absentia-varia
4th June 2005, 15:50
I Absolutely LOVE this story, I cant wait to see what happens next!!!
I used to check out if it had been updated every day, but since I just got a new job I've had to cut back....
Still doesnt make me crave the next update!!!
I cant wait to see what happens, now that Lex has seen the diamond! Does he recognise it as the one 'his' Chloe had????

w1cked
5th June 2005, 00:59
i have finished it and have cried and laughed and this fic is so freaking good and wow. just wow. you really need to update - now please.

Damaris56
5th June 2005, 03:19
Chloe needs to tell Lex the truth, once and for all. This waiting is torture! (I still love this fic and look forward to the next update)!

arkakitty
6th June 2005, 09:29
I started reading this on mystifying dreams and was really sad, when it stopped there...but now I found it here ^.^ Please update soon, I can hardly wait until the next chapter.

*chloelex*
6th June 2005, 11:01
I just started reading this and pretty much read it in one night and all I can say is wow! This is probably the best written fic I have ever read. Not to mention the best storyline as well. I loved all the stuff you had in the past and I am loving all the stuff you have now.

I like that you make Chloe relaise that the Lex she knew back then and the Lex she knows now are completely different yet she still has desires for Lex despite him being different. I also love that lex is trying to figure things out about this Chloe and the Chloe he knew, its a very interesting storyline.

I love how you write Chloes anger about how Lex is and in that last chapter or the one before it how you got across her anger that Lex broke his promise that he wouldnt do drugs again.

It would be interesting to find out more about some of the other characters that you had in the past and what they are doing now. I would love to read up on Wendy and Corinne but its your fic so I will leave that up to you.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I am loving the fic and I hope you update really soon! Keep up the good work.

Love ya
Mel

meg20
16th June 2005, 15:22
Finally finished reading this wonerful story, and can't possibly say to you how much I like it. I to hope that you are gonna update it soon!!!:beg:

kcsgirl82
17th June 2005, 00:59
please update soon!!!!!

Star14
17th June 2005, 15:51
Please, Please udpate this amazing story! It's my definitely one of my ultimate favorites!!!

Ellidyay
17th June 2005, 22:49
Author's Note at the end of the chapter!

Chapter 40 - Regaining Orbit

She’d been more careful than ever since the disaster with the adrenaline parasites. Honestly she had. But it had been so damn long since she had worn those jeans, the ones with that dipped low on her hips and made her feel gorgeous even if she was wearing a huge baggy sweater that came midway down her thighs to hide it. She hadn’t pulled them on since before Hampton.

But Chloe’d had what she dubbed “a Lexless night” the evening before. One of those nights when she missed her friends and the life she had built so acutely that it was almost physically painful. So she’d pulled on her old attractive jeans in the morning as a pick-me-up.

She’d worn a long jacket over her shirt which she kept buttoned at the bottom. Dress code and a desire to hide her tattoo from her friends demanded it. Never the less, by the time she climbed into her Volvo she felt much better. Amazing what a little self-esteem boost could do.

Once again, she hadn’t been thinking. It was just that Lana kept the Talon so fucking hot all the time she couldn’t keep the jacket on. She’d been sweating like crazy.

And it should have been fine. No problem, just she and Lana chatting about the latest Johnny Depp movie over coffee. Well, she would be drinking coffee. Lana would be working.

It was a Sunday morning and the building was nearly empty. Pete was at church and Clark wasn’t supposed to meet up with them until around two. It should have been fine.

And for a good half hour, it had been. She had sat on one of the Talon’s high stools at the bar, talking pleasantly about shallow things that didn’t require too much thought one moment and the next Lex had sauntered into the Talon and everything was different.

He walked up to the counter and dropped off some documents for Lana. As it always did, his gaze perused her but she saw it settle south of where it normally did.

Oh. God.

Chloe was suddenly very aware of the fact that he was standing on her right hand side. She was at once hypersensitive to the sensation of slowly moving air caressing the skin of her exposed right hip. And when she managed to look at his face she saw something between agony and fury stretched on his face.

She swallowed hard and waited for him to make the first move. Which he did of course with perfect calm; at least that was the mask he showed Lana.

“Lana, would you mind if I stole Chloe from you for a few hours?” Lex asked, grabbing a deceptively firm hold of Chloe’s forearm. Chloe took the hint when he applied pressure and climbed down from her seat.

Lana bit her lower lip. “We sorta had plans with Clark.”

“I’m sure you can reschedule. I know that Chloe can. Can’t you, Chloe?” Lex asked in a falsely genial tone. Still his hand was wrapped around her arm in a vice like grip. He squeezed once more and she nodded.

“Let’s rain check this, Lana. You and Clark don’t need a third wheel anyway.”

It took Lana exactly ten seconds to give in to the suggestion. “If you’re sure.”

“She’s sure.” Lex answered for her. Not letting go of her arm, he dragged her as discreetly as he could out of the Talon.

“Get in the car.” Lex snarled, shoving her against the passenger side door of his latest sports car.

“Lex I can-“

“Shut up, and get in the car.” Lex said. Every word was clearly enunciated and his hands were clenched at his sides.

She nodded once and did as he told her. She’d never been one to obey blindly but she hadn’t seen him this angry since that Halloween night when he had nearly beat Donovan Sanders to death.

Lex slammed the door shut after she climbed in. Nervous and well aware of Lex’s driving history, she fastened her seatbelt.

He said nothing as he drove. His knuckles were white as he drove through downtown Smallville and out into the country side. His jaw was clenched and for a few horrible moments, she thought for sure he was pulling a Sopranos on her, dragging her out into nowhere to shoot her in the back of the head.

~*~*~

She sat still as a statue in the soft leather seat of Lex’s car. She didn’t move to unbuckle her seatbelt or move to open the door.

Lex climbed out. “Get out of the car,” he said, once again doing that strange enunciation thing that made him seem angrier than screaming ever could have.

Chloe felt his eyes on her. She knew if she looked at them now they would hard and cold making the blue of his irises look like ice chips.

He led her into one of the grassy fields off to the side of the road they had parked on. He pushed her in front of him.

“Take off your jeans.” He ordered, his arms crossed over his chest.

She knew she was going to have to draw the line somewhere and this was just as good a place as any.

“You can go fuck yourself if you think I’m taking off anything.”

“You have two ways to do this the easy way and the hard way as cliché as that sounds. I suggest you choose the easy way as I don’t have any great desire to take them off you by force.” He was completely cold, like something dead.

“I know what you want to see.”

“Then show me.”

She shook her head. “Lex, please don’t do this.”

“Let me see it.”

Chloe didn’t move. His gaze didn’t waver. “Now.”

With shaking hands she undid to top button on her jeans. Why was she so fucking nervous? She wasn’t even taking everything off, just pulling down the side of the fabric a little to show him her tattoo. Then why was she more nervous than the night she had lost her virginity to him?

She pulled down the right side enough to show him the comet that sailed across her skin in ink.

Before Chloe had a chance to react, Lex was on her. Grabbing her around the waist he bent slightly to study her tattoo. She felt naked as he studied the skin of her hip, as he traced the slightly raised ink with his fingertips.

Suddenly he pulled away, as if he had been burned. He stared down into her face, so close it was nearly suffocating. “How did you find out about this, about her tattoo? Who told you?”

“Lex, I didn’t find out about anything,” she said softly. Of all the times she’d dreamed about him finding out, this was never how things had played out.

“You’re lying,” he hissed through tightly clenched teeth. “You’ve stolen everything. Everything she ever was and everything I ever gave her. You have her face, her hair, her smell, her pendant,” Lex’s hand shot forward and ripped the necklace off her neck. “Even her tattoo. And I want to know why. You are going to tell me why you have been here tormenting me for the last two years, or so help me god I will make you very, very sorry.”

“Lex, please. Listen to me. I didn’t steal anything. I didn’t take anything. I promise. I-” she stopped. How did she do this?

“I am sick and tired of your little charade Miss Sullivan,” His voice was low and precise. And his hands kept twitching. It made her very nervous. “I want the truth. And I want it now.”

“You won’t like it.”

“I seldom do.”

“You’ll never believe me,” she tried again. Nearly desperate.

“Try me.”

Chloe sat, very abruptly on the cold ground. She pulled her knees up to her chest and stared fixedly at the legs of Lex’s pants. She took several deep breaths before she began to speak. But when she did speak, it all came out in a rush.

“It’s me. I’m the same person you loved in 1997. I’m not hired by anyone. Not your father, not your competitors, not some sick mutant who hates you. I’m just me, Chloe Sullivan. Only now I’m back where I belong. I went back in time to meet you Lex, and when I got pushed out that window I came home to the present. I left not long after the tornado.”

“You are a fucking liar,” Lex growled, glaring down at her. “That’s impossible.”

“No,” she whispered, “It’s not. Trust me on this one.”

“You can’t be telling the truth,” he shot back. “Time travel doesn’t exist outside of science fiction. “

“See this is why I didn’t tell you,” She said her voice trembling. “I knew you would never believe me.”

“I’m giving you one last chance to tell me the truth,” He replied, his voice still soft, his demeanor still dangerous. “You’re wearing out my patience.”

“What do you need to hear? Do you need me to tell you that I love you? Do you need me to tell you about our first time together on New Years? Do I need to call you Xan? Tell me wha-.”

“Don’t you call me that!” Lex shouted, his eyes bright with anger and pain he’d never allowed himself to let go of. His temper well and truly lost now. “Don’t you ever call me that. You’re not her, goddamn it! You can’t be her!”

Tears stung Chloe’s eyes and she rocked forward and upward to a kneeling position. She could see that, miracle of miracles; she was actually getting through those high walls he’d built around himself.

~*~*~

Lex was losing his grip on his world. He hadn’t had this poor a handle on things since before he went to rehab. But now it was as if the ground beneath him was tilted at a ninety-degree angle and he was barely hanging on. His legs were shaking as he sank to kneel on the ground to be face to face with her.

“It is me, Lex. I promise you. Ask me anything.”

Her face was hopeful and her eyes misty. She was so damn beautiful. It was far more painful than the pendant digging into his palm and drawing blood.

“I’m not going to play your game,” he hissed, sitting back on his heals. “This is a trap.”

“When did you start thinking the world is out to attack you?” she asked sadly her face soft and compassionate. She looked surprised, as if she had just realized something.

“None of your business.”

Suddenly she was smiling. He cursed himself for ten times a fool for letting his emotions slip through his defenses as they must have to have elicited such a reaction.

“You’re still in there, aren’t you Xan?”

He flinched despite himself. Whoever the imposter really was, she was amazingly skilled at her job.

“Don’t ask me anything then.” She told him. She seemed happy but the tears were still in her eyes. “I know you like to ask questions but obviously you’re not in the mood right so how about I tell you some things instead?”

Lex said nothing. He simply stared at her, his fist wrapped tightly around the necklace he had given his girlfriend on the only Christmas they had spent together.

“I know you better than anyone, Xan. I’ve seen you at your best with me and Wendy in the dorms at Hampton and at your worst while you were vomiting and near-death in an ambulance. But I loved you anyway. More importantly, I know that you loved me. So I really need you to believe in me now.”

She leaned closer, within arms length and gently touched his face. Sense memories flooded him of countless similar moments and similar touches. He shook his head away from her touch. “I can’t.”

“You took me to get that tattoo. Remember? That guy Sean did it in his apartment. You gave me that necklace on Christmas,” she said gently, catching his face again. “And you gave me your love.”

He swallowed hard as he looked into those eyes and despite the fact that everything he knew about physics and reality told him that the young woman before him wasn’t Chloe he was no longer sure. She felt right and her words sounded so true.

“This isn’t possible,” he said again, shaking his head as if to clear it.

Chloe snorted. “I’d like to remind you that you married a woman who emitted mutant pheromones, met a kid with telepathy, and live in a town where boys turn into insects.” The thumb of her left hand began to gently stroke his right cheekbone. “Maybe it’s time to expand your views of what’s possible,” she said gently.

Lex wasn’t sure he could. She had died. Everyone had told him she had died, down to the coroners report. Hell, he’d visited her grave. Yet for the past two years he had been haunted by a vision who had really been his lost Chloe all along. It was too much.

“I remember things no one else could. I remember Halloween night when you saved me from being raped by Donovan Sanders, beat him and then took me upstairs to your room and took care of me.”

“Stop,” Lex whispered, his voice hoarse.

“You and I used to play gin rummy. You never let me win.”

“Stop it.” He hated the way his voice nearly broke. He had to get away from her. He moved backwards slightly as she continued to speak. She followed him, her hands still on him, gentle and warm.

“Corinne and I locked you and Jules in the janitor’s closet because you wouldn’t talk to him.”

His eyes closed against the past. “Stop.”

“I remember that you told me you loved me the night we made love for the first time. In a club at a New Year’s Eve party.”

“Goddamn it, stop.” He snarled pulled away from her soothing hands. This couldn’t be happening. It couldn’t be.

“It was amazing Lex, making love to you. You spent hours at a time tracing that tattoo with your hands and your mouth. You used to hold me so closely. You don’t know how much I’ve missed being in your arms since I left.”

“Stop goddamn it!” Lex snapped. He jumped to his feet and glared down at the girl on her knees as if in supplication. “Just stop!”

“No. I won’t. ” She laughed, actually laughed out loud as she stood up. “I have been killing myself hiding from you for months and I’m not going to do it anymore. I love you, Lex Luthor. And I’m not going to let you being an idiot get in the way of that.”

And then, sweet Jesus, her arms were around his neck and her mouth was on his. He moaned at the feeling and opened his mouth to her tongue and wrapped his arms around her waist. God, she tasted the same as he remembered, sweet and hot. When her fingernails scraped across his bare head his world exploded.

After several long minutes, they broke apart gasping for breath. It *was* her. And it was a fucking miracle that he had her back. But his need to know the truth, the need for answers was too strong and the words spilled out before reason or self control could stop them.

“Why did you leave, Chloe?” He demanded moving his arms from her waist to tangle in the soft blonde hair he had missed for so many years. “I needed you and you were gone. How could you not tell me?”

~*~*~

Chloe gaped at him. “Tell you? How could I have told you?” She shook her head at him, his hands fell away with the movement. “You would never have believed me. You barely believe me now.”

“That’s not true,” he shot back, his hands sliding down the back of her head to caress her neck. He couldn’t get over the feel of her skin under his fingers.

"The hell it’s not. You were this close to hitting me earlier, Lex," she snapped, holding her hand up in front of his face, her thumb and forefinger mere centimeters apart. "I thought you were going to have a stroke or turn into the Incredible Hulk."

“That’s not really the issue here, Chloe.”

“Yes it is. You made it the issue. I would have been happy for you to have just let us be, for us to enjoy being together again but you’ve got to complicate it,” she sighed “You always complicate things more than is necessary.

“It is complicated Chloe. I though you were dead.” He ran his hand across the skin at her nape again, reassuring him that she was real. “I’ve mourned you for more than five years.”

Her expression softened a bit at that and she lifted a hand to his face. “I know. And if I could have done anything to prevent that I would have.” She caressed his cheekbone with her fingertips. “But I didn’t force you to start using again.”

He jerked away from her as if she had struck him. And just as quickly his walls were back in place, though far less stabile than they had been mere hours ago.

“Oh, come on, Lex. Like everyone in the northern hemisphere and parts of Europe didn’t know all about your wild child years. There’s no excuse for what you did.”

“I just lost the love of my life and then I had to sit by and watch for almost two years as cancer ate Jules from the inside out. I couldn’t do anything. What the hell did you want me to do?”

“I don’t know!” Chloe snapped, frustrated at him, herself, and what life had dealt. “Be strong. Stay in touch with Wendy and Corinne. Start your life over.” She threw up her hands and took a few steps back in hopes that the distance might help her think. It didn’t. “I knew it was coming. I did. I knew that all that Club Zero shit was going to happen but I had hoped…”

“What Chloe, what did you hope?” Lex demanded, standing still as a statue. His face was an icy mask, save his brows which were furrowed slightly despite his best efforts.

He didn’t look like Xan at the moment. Right now he was pure Lex, seeking truth, no matter what the fallout might be. He would have made a great reporter if he’d had a chance to live his own life. He would have been great at many things had he ever gotten a chance.

But that he kept saying her name over and over again was at once reassuring and depressing. It was as if he was working overtime to convince himself of the reality of the situation. It also meant that he still didn’t really believe her, not deep down.

She hung her head and took another step backward. “That I could change the past. That what I did was in spite of what happened, not the cause of it.” She sighed. “It’s egotistical but I had hoped that my being with you meant things would be different now.”

Chloe laughed and rubbed her upper arms with her hands. “But they’re not. Your brother is dead. You killed someone at Club Zero for all I know. You went on a bender that is still legendary in Metropolis. I think Slash and Sid Vicious would both give you commendations for your performances if even a quarter of the things I read in those old papers are true. And god, you fucked more women than I can possibly imagine.”

She began to pace slightly, her agitation mounting. She’d been so naïve, so childish. She had really thought she had made a difference. “Meanwhile I was living my innocent little life until bam! I get hit by a damn truck and suddenly I’m in a strange place with strange people and a strange new life.”

Chloe finally turned away from him, unable face him as she spoke. It hurt too much. “Then I’m unceremoniously dumped back into a world where I am no longer the person everyone thinks I am and I find the man I love gone. In his place is this asshole business man who not only moved on but was marrying another woman.”

She took several deep breaths, composing herself. But the tears still slipped through her emotional barriers to linger near the edges of her eyelashes only to fall.

When she met his gaze again slow tears made lazy pathways down her cheeks. “That was supposed to be ours, Xan. It killed me to watch you marry her. Even if it was just the pheromones, I died inside because I was so sure that would never be us.”

Lex fought the urge to flinch at the sound of that name on her lips. But more than causing pain, it drove him to close the space between them and catch her by the shoulders. "And you think it wasn't hard for me? I lost the only people I had left in the world within less than two years. I didn't get a chance to say good-bye to you and Jules died in my fucking arms. I'm sorry I couldn't be the hero you want me to be Chloe, but goddamn it,” he shook her gently but firmly, “I’m just not that strong."

“Yes you are,” Chloe murmured, searching for something in his eyes. She smiled slightly despite her tears as she found the compassionate glint behind his gaze that was the core of the man she loved so much. “You have to be, Xan. You’ve survived this long. And you’re still you underneath all that armor. It just…scared me. Things I heard and read. You promised me and Wendy you wouldn’t use again. I was just terrified that after all that, you had still been driven to such extremes.”

Lex relaxed his grip into a loose hug. “I didn’t have a reason to hold on anymore. You were long gone. Corinne took her baby and left. There wasn’t really anything left for me. I didn’t really see the point.”

“The point is always that where there’s life there’s hope. The point is you swore to us you would stop.”

“You were dead and Wendy was off in New Orleans at Tulane, dragging her boytoy behind her. No one cared. There was no reason-”

“How about just staying clean because it’s the right thing to do, or because you are an important person no matter what anyone thinks?”

“Xan, look at me,” Chloe said, emphatically. He didn’t meet her gaze so she caught his face in both her hands. “Look at me,” she commanded again, holding his face, forcing him to look her in the eye. “I love you, goddamn it. I always will. But knowing what you did to yourself, it kills me. I don’t understand it. I don’t think I ever will.”

“What do you want me to say?” Lex asked, staring into eyes he’d thought belonged to a specter mere hours before.

“Tell me that still you love me, too,” she demanded, crying in earnest now. “Tell me that you’re ok now or if you’re not, tell me you’ll let me help you.” Her voice hiccupped on a sob. “That’s what I want you to say. But only say it if you mean it,” she said gently. She did her best to keep the fear that he might no long love her, the fear of rejection hidden.

Lex shook his head slightly. “I never stopped loving you, Chloe. Never, not for one second.”

“But all those women-“

He jerked her suddenly closer. “Never. Not when I was so high I couldn’t think, not when I was so drunk I couldn’t see. I didn’t stop loving you all those lost years in Metropolis and New York and L.A. I didn’t even stop when I was so full of anger at you for leaving me that it was choking me. I have never stopped. I couldn’t. You were it for me. When I lost you,” he swallowed hard, his Adam’s apple visibly moving at the reflex, “I lost hope.”

Her hands were gone from his face and wrapped around his neck once again. She buried her face against his chest and breathed deep. God, he still smelled the same. When his hand moved to caress her hair the gentle hands were so familiar it nearly brought her back to tears.

"Tell me this is really happening," he whispered into her hair. His voice was hoarse and choked. "Promise me this isn't some delusion or hallucination. Tell me you're real."

“I’m real, Xan,” Chloe murmured against the silk of his shirt. “I promise you, I’m real.” She let her left hand drop from around his neck and brought it to rest over his heart. “I know you can feel me. And that must be real.”

“God, Chloe,” Lex breathed. “You don’t know how much I missed you.” He held her tightly, afraid that if he let her go he would lose her again.

She let out a choked laugh. “I’m starting to get an idea.”

Lex pulled back slightly so he could look down at her. “Don’t leave me again, Chloe.”

I couldn’t bare it if you left me again. I wouldn’t be able to handle it the next time. I love you too much to go through it twice. These things were left unsaid, but Chloe heard them in his tone, saw them in his blue eyes, so open once again.

She gave him a wavering smile. “I’ll do my damnedest. Smallville’s not the safest place in the world. But I have no desire to be away form you again, I assure you. It wasn’t any fun for me either. So don’t leave me either, ok?”

He smiled back, a smile that was pure Xan. “Ok. I can live with that.”

Her grin grew wider. “Kiss me again, Xan? Like you used to.”

He couldn’t have resisted if he wanted to. And he didn’t.

After several moments of desperate kissing, clutching at each other with hands that had been empty for too long, they broke apart. Lex’s hand cradled the back of Chloe’s neck, the fingertips of both her hands gently stroked his hairless scalp.

“I’m sorry I insulted your head during that parasite fiasco,” Chloe said after several moments of silence. “I didn’t mean it. You know I love your head just the way it is.”

Lex stared down at her, absolutely astounded. The corners of his lips curved upward at her apology and suddenly it was all more real than the last half decade had been. Chloe was back with him, a miracle he wasn’t sure he would ever deserve. But he wasn’t going to take it for granted and he was never going to let her go again.

The End

Thanks:Grand over all thanks to Sabby, Kris, CC, the real Corinne,the real Wendy(where ever she is now), Mitch, and every single person who reviewed! Thank you so much!

Author's Note: That's it, y'all. 3 years of my life and this is how it ends. Hope everyone liked it. All that's left now is the epilogue but I hope you guys liked reading this as much as I liked writing it.

I will be posting a series of vingettes following different characters from this story's universe till...well quite frankly till i get tired of it. ^-~ so any questions left unanswered will be answered either in the epilogue or one of the vingettes.

Thank you all and good night. ^-~

LarkLuthor
17th June 2005, 23:03
Man! I've been waiting for that sort of moment since I first started reading this thing... You know I've been waiting for this chapter for so long I almost thought it would be anti-climactic just because I'd been wondering throughout the entire story how he would react when he found out...but I should have known better somehow it still managed to have the explosions of a normal chapter.

P.S. You do realize they're going to riot over getting some smut in the epiloge as soon as you've posted this right?

Lark

w1cked
17th June 2005, 23:08
OMFG! perfectly ended. perfectly fucking ended. wtf? i am jealous - seriously well done work. lex wouldn't believe her at first, im glad he didn't - he's been hurt so much trust is a rare commodity. llol.

welshy
17th June 2005, 23:11
That was bloody brilliant, addictive and certainly one of me favourite CHLEX fics :wub:

asharnanae
18th June 2005, 00:09
ELLLIIIDYAAAYYAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man!!! you killed me, !!!! I can belive its over, but oh the ending oh the ending!!!! this has to have been one of my all time fave fics, ever, and it has been worth every single iota of time!! YOU ARE A STAR!!!!!!!!

Not An Addict
18th June 2005, 00:13
*sniffle* Whatever happens . . . I must not cry . . .

Damn, girl, that was beautiful. Wonderfully romantic without being too sappy, and absolutely heart-wrenching even though I knew they were getting back together.

This has been one of my all-time favorite Chlex fics. All of the characters are so well-developed, it's like they're all real people. Hell, when I finally watched Saved, all I could think whenever Roland and Cassandra were on screen was, "Holy crap, they completely ripped off Jules and Corinne."

I really hope your vingettes deal a lot with Corinne and Wendy. They're probably the best original characters I've ever read. And I absolutely love your Wally West.

Congratulations, babe! I'm sad it's over but hey--it's been a hell of a ride. ^_~

OddEvens
18th June 2005, 01:07
wow... That was one wild emotional roller coaster. But God do I love this story. It's truly amazing, thank you for writing it. And I'm so stoked for the epilogue, can wait! Thanks again.

Clannadlvr
18th June 2005, 01:38
gah!!!!

*wails*

Oh, god, I'm torn between extreme happiness and sadness. You've given us an appropriately angst-filled and tatoo-driven reunion. But I'm still so curious to see how they explain this relationship to their friends, what happens when Wendy and Corinne find out, and whether Lex's mourning of Chloe will have a longterm impact on their relationship.

I'm so glad that we've got an Epilogue and vignettes to follow.

Excellent as always!

tracyaching
18th June 2005, 02:01
I fall to my knees and worship at the feet of this fic- this perfect, beautiful, gut-wrenching, bittersweet, up and down, everything of a fic.

Thank-You, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you. . .

lilinny
18th June 2005, 02:37
I can't believe I have been reading this story for three years!! Not the ending I pictured but still a great ending. I can't wait for the vingettes and the epilogue. You Rock!!!!

meeaz
18th June 2005, 02:43
this was amazing! please hurry with that epilogue!

Kit Merlot
18th June 2005, 03:31
This was a beautiful and emotional ending. I liked that you had Chloe asking Lex about hus using drugs again, and my eyes filled with tears when he said that when Chloe died, he lost hope. Man, that part killed me!

This was a beautifully tragic story that ended happilym and part of me is sorry that it is over.

WELL DONE.

S.Ann Smith
18th June 2005, 03:41
*falls over* I love you Liddy! ... ahem... i mean ... uhhh... can't wait for the ep. and i know it's going to be awesome

~

BellaMR
18th June 2005, 04:43
I can't believe we're almost to the end. This story was so beautiful, I'm going to miss it. I can't wait for the epilogue and the vignettes sound exciting. I'll be looking forward to seeing them soon ... I hope.

star del mar
18th June 2005, 05:32
Oh my God, I can't believe it's over! This is BY FAR one of the most wonderful stories that I have ever read. You did such an amazing job writing this story, it was beautiful and moving and I can't help but get a little teary eyed at the extent of Chloe and Lex's love for each other. They were meant to be together and they were able to find each other again. I don't even think words can encompass how much I LOVED this story. Just an awesome plot and now I cannot wait for the epilogue! I'm sad to see this story go but it was good while it lasted :) Great job, it's definitely something to be proud of.

Steph*

Augustine86
18th June 2005, 06:03
I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to tell you tht I believed you would never end it, but you did! You wonderful, wonderful chlexer!!!!

This was my first chlex fic ever, wht got me started. nd now it's finished. It makes me happy inside, incredibly happy. Thank you very much for this.

Oh, and can't wait for the epilogue.

Blackberry
18th June 2005, 07:36
.... no.... its done? .... i'm shocked... I was hoping it would never end... o_O lol

Thanks for the wonderful story!!!

ashley
18th June 2005, 08:19
This is the best story ever,i LOVE it.I'm really happy with it but i'm also sad,i don't want it to be over.

leik2
18th June 2005, 09:56
You're amazing. This story had me laughing and crying.

teejei
18th June 2005, 16:00
i can't believe it's already over!...and this story started 3yrs ago? but i only started to read it last year in FF.net! :shocked:

this was one of the first Chlex fics i've ever read, and inspired me for my own fics. it provided the background story of Xan's prep years and the hint of what pushed him to go through all those drugs and women. major props, too, to Corinne and Wendy! they were wonderful friends for Chlex; a real support group, especially Corinne. that girl's got attitude! she's the reality check to Lex's stubborness, and if she's got to use tough love on him, then so be it. and if only Jules wasn't dying of cancer, i think the reunion of the Hampton gang would be sweeter [if ever Liddy would consider a Hampton reunion vignette :)]. now i'm not saying that part of the plot was out of place or badly written. Chloe and Jules dying, and the emotional catatonia that ensued were definitely heartbreaking, and greatly contributed to the man that Lex is now. yet i just can't stop imagining what the others' reactions would be when they find out Chloe's alive all these years. :P

dude, this ain't just a story...it's a freakin' EPIC!!!

:clapclap: BRAVO :clapclap:

p.s. i'm with Lark. you'll be swamped by smut requests! LoL! so count me in! i'm all for the :hankpank: epilogue. :blinkkiss

vardaquareien
18th June 2005, 16:17
Oh Liddy... you made me go all soft and goey!!! And...and...I'm not a soft 'n goey person capice? So you've achieved miracles!

Wow... well after talking to you last night I was all psyched up to do the marathon read of this ficcy... coz *shuffles feet* ummm well I actually stopped reading it the chappy after Chloe died. Now don't take that the wrong way - I just got a bit stressed and didn't think I could handle waiting in between updates! So after you told me that you were writing the epilogue I figured it'd probably be safe for me to venture back.

So I did and have proceeded to read the rest of this fabulous fic from that point onwards and it really is a wonderful piece of work. Jules' death and Lex's meldown were completely heartwrenching. You really showed the evolution from Xan to Lex very well. Then at first I thought Chloe wasn't going to remember anything so I was ecstatic when she woke up after the truck accident. I'm so glad that you showed her as a changed person who didn't feel as if she belonged after everything that had happened. It was so painful to watch Chloe observe Lex with new eyes that could compare him to the person he once was. Your rewrites of the various episodes were inspired aswell. Chloe's pain at Lex's marriage to Desiree and then her lust & anger at Lex when she was infected were so in-keeping with the actual episodes and yet added so much more.

And then finally you decide to turn me into a full-on pile of goo. This last chapter was just... so... *sniffle* the emotion and the pain and then his acceptence...Ahhh! Oh and his reaction to being called Xan was brilliant. I loved that it was at this point that Chloe realised that 'Xan' was still there inside Lex. *happy sigh*.

So, now waiting for the epilogue the only thing left for me to say is this. It was a wonderful three years well spent. (I still can't believe that it's been that long!) This fic has always been a stand-out and right up to the end it's three years of work that you can definately be proud of.

meg20
18th June 2005, 18:09
It is so sad when an amazing story is going to end. The emotions were so beautiful, it made me cry. I definitely wan't these vignettes and epilogue, can't wait. Update soon please!!!

happybum
18th June 2005, 18:58
simply, utterly beautiful. This fic made me cry and I'm not a tearjerker and that's a great accomplishment by itself. I'm glad that you took three years to write this b/c i wouldn't have it the any other way. Remember to update your other stories too. *rewards you with a slice of a triple devil frudge cake*

Louie
18th June 2005, 21:02
This was the most amazing story. The last chapter was perfect (just like every other). I am glad your going to do vignettes later. I await the epilogue hoping that since Chloe has let Lex know she can now get in touch with her other friends (and Lex can get some well deserved revenge on Donoven).

Queen Of Tact
18th June 2005, 21:11
Wow, I can’t believe this is over… I can remember when I first started to read it way back when on ff.net…… I have loved this fic from the start… I think you brought out every emotion in me... You made be laugh on min then cry the next…. Like I’ve told you Liddy this is a must read ff for any chlexer, and I still think we should come up with a list of must read fic for chlexers or chlexers to be…. The one great thing about this fic is that I can go back and read it again from the start and never get tired of it…. Once again great wonderful excellent job... I truly love this fic, and I’m sad to see it end….

CC

hfce
18th June 2005, 23:16
Oh that was wonderful. :clapclap: I loved it from begining to end. I can't believe after 3 long years this is finally finished. :eek: I am so glad you were able to finish this. I can't wait until the Epilogue and the vignettes.

Hope :D

Damaris56
19th June 2005, 00:50
Wow, that was simply amazing! Three years and it's finally over! I'm so happy Lex and Chloe are together again. One thing, though. I do hope that in the epilogue or vingettes, its addressed about Lionel's meeting with Donovan Sanders in the past and how he had Donovan hire thugs to get rid of Chloe, which resulted in her falling out that window. I want Lex to find out about that because what's to stop Lionel from trying something like that again?

SinnerSaint
19th June 2005, 07:34
A perfect ending to a beautiful story . And did I read sonething about an epilogue? Yay !

arkakitty
19th June 2005, 08:06
Oh my. I looove this. I might start re-reading it now. I really am impressed, how everything makes sense. Like, why she didn't recognize him in the beginning and how angry he is when he's thinking about her being an imposter. You did a great job and it was brilliant how you kept it up, Congratulation.

absentia-varia
19th June 2005, 08:08
OMG,
I cant belive its almost over...
I cant wait for the Epilogue and the vini's!
I've loved this story for ages, you've done a fantastic job with it.
This has got to be one of the best Chlex stories around if not ever.
Congrats on finishing... or almost finishing at least
:)

chril1
19th June 2005, 11:58
meh meh meh

so damn emotional and good

*sniff*

i don't want it to end

but hey! epilogue

lea
xxx

holmes
19th June 2005, 15:21
EXCELLENT!!!!

What a great way to end it!!! That's a wonderful 3 years work. Thank you SO much for giving us all the pleasure of your wonderful story.

Many Thanks

lexis
19th June 2005, 22:30
That was amazing! This is defintely one of my favorite chlex fics and you did an awesome job.

Miranda

Lulucifer
20th June 2005, 04:29
Yay!!!! That was a great story. Love the ending.

Leo Princess
20th June 2005, 06:59
I'm gonna start bawling now. I swear. Let me get the buckets.

I can't wait for the vingettes! :D

planetcal
20th June 2005, 08:28
awwww i'm glad that Chloe is reunited with her Xand. This story has been amazing and I cannot wait for the epilogue! Please update soon!

Gaia
20th June 2005, 09:03
OOOOOOHHHHHHHH! That was sooooo amazing! Thank you:D

kirt30
20th June 2005, 21:06
loved that so much and can't wait to read the epilogue

Irikidzai
21st June 2005, 07:15
I was reading this over a FF.net and only recently thought to look it up on here. I never review but wow! This whole thing was such an emotional roller coaster and just.. wow! You've rendered me speachless, which is something that doesn't happen often. You have amazing talent.

Star14
21st June 2005, 11:01
Thank you so much for writing this amazing story! You're an incredible author and I loved, loved, loved everything about this fanfic! I was always waiting impatiently for the next update and thank you for making the wait always worth it when you updated with mindblowing updates. I can't wait for the ep.!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

greeneyednblond
21st June 2005, 19:31
You had me rolling on the floor with laughter, and crying so hard my kids were like "whats wrong?" I'm glad I found this story at the end, so I didn't have to wait... that would have been tourture...

Your Worshipfulness
25th June 2005, 08:34
Well, everyone's already told you that you rock harder than Fred Flintstone, but I'd just like to confirm those reports right here. This story picked me up, threw me down, stomped on me, then lifted me back up. I loved every second of it and I can't think of anything else I rather spend hours doing than reading your Chlex fanfiction. Thank you for a thoroughly enjoyable evening and being such a fantabulously good writer.

(No, fantabulously is not in the dictionary)

~Your Worshipfulness

jafrizbee
29th June 2005, 09:07
This story was amazing!

The charachter reactions and emotions all rang so true.

I can't wait for the epilogue (which will be up soon hopefully)! I'm also looking forward to reading more of your writing in the future, so keep up the good work!

Thanks for an enjoyable read!

pipersmum
5th July 2005, 01:56
wow what a great story it took me a day and a half to read this, but once i started i couldn't stop. I can't wait for the epilogue i am so glad Lex finally found out that Chloe was his Chloe :grin3: Would be really great to have some :hankpank: in the epilogue this is one of the best Chlex fic's i have ever read :respect:

Ami Rose
5th July 2005, 11:14
*falls over* I love you Liddy! ... ahem... i mean ... uhhh... can't wait for the ep. and i know it's going to be awesome

~

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! I'm sorry I took a while to find this stroy again. I've been really really bussy! School, being kicked out of my home (not once, but twice) and now I have two jobs and the only time I have left I've been trying to spend w/ my mother and new baby niece (three months old, Alissa Sarah, yay!). I haven't even had time to work on my own work here of NS.com
Well, I can't wait for the ep. Please please please put it up soon.

Lots of Love,
Ami Rose

deia
8th July 2005, 03:55
LOVED IT!!! All of it too though some of the time I was sobbing and my eyes were too clouded with tears for me to make out most of it but still IN-FUCKING-CREDIBLE (Guess Corinne didn't rub off on Jules only) can't wait for the epilogue too! I hope there's a wedding and lots of blond-haired and blue-eyed babies involved after his shitty past there's no one who deserves it more than Xan. Thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into making this romantic epic it'll stay with me for a long while, really.

WolviesLover
9th July 2005, 01:52
Mm, thanks for finishing my most favorite fic of all time. <3

Zealot
9th July 2005, 02:22
That was beautiful. Beautiful from the begining to the end. Bravo!

carebear72884
9th July 2005, 19:54
WOW wonderful!!!! Amazing!! Sorry I didn't get to reviewing this right away Rach. I have been busy. I can't belive it is over. I cant wait until I get some time to read it again and I am looking forward to the epiloge and the vingettes. More soon!!

Blaire023
11th July 2005, 00:02
there was a thank you in there for me. i know there was and you just forgot it so i'm overlooking that little slip up ;)

i loved it. it was so perfect, so beautiful, so painstakingly gorgeous.

BabDreamer
12th July 2005, 22:24
Oh My God that was amazing!!! I had just read the chapter where chloe fell out of the window and died when N-S went down last night and I was in agony waiting for it to be running again so I could read the rest... I finally finished it and I totally loved it! Now I can't wiat for the epilogue!

darkangel
23rd July 2005, 07:25
:clapclap: :worship: :respect: :worship: :clapclap:

lilinny
30th July 2005, 01:24
I hate to harp on you being busy with College and all but where's the epilogue? Just wondering.

kimmie
3rd August 2005, 19:21
I love this fic, i can't believe I haven't reviewed already as this is my third time to read it! Anyway its one of the best chlex fics I've ever read. and i hope you come back soon with a smut filled epilogue!!!

Kimmie

Magdalene
6th August 2005, 05:14

Yes... it is I, the real Corinne. I'm eternally sorry that I did not do this sooner. Life has kept me... uber busy. But I'm here now, and as I promised, this review will be epic. Life changing even. The longest that I've ever written, at any rate. Just, try not to mind the spelling mistakes too much. :P

I can't believe it's been three years. Even harder to believe is that I'm one of the few who've been with this story since it's very beginnings. I was the first beta. One of the characters is named after me (and I love every bit of her tatooed, pierced, and dyed self :D ). I even got to give my opinion on some of the ideas behind it. It was such a priveledge to have had a part in such an amazing and well-written piece of work. You have done such a good job with this story and it's characters.

To see how each of them has developed over the years... you have such an insight. The dialogue, the emotion... as they say in the movies: I laughed AND I cried. There was the hoping and waiting in the beginning. Wondering how long it would take Lex to get with the program and realize how much he belonged with Chloe. The fun of watching their relationship develop. It went from something fun and cute, to a beautiful relationship between two people who truly love each other. You did that. And you are an amazing writer.

Even the supporting characters had their own place. Not to toot my own horn, but does it really count if I'm talking about the other Corinne? She was such an amusing character. From her outrageous style to her 'take-nothing' attitude, she has definitely added 'coolness' to an already great story. And her relationship with Jules... definitely one for the history books. Their relationship, although just a supporting storyline to that of chloe and lex, was such a joy to watch develop. From it's very beginnings, to it's heart-breaking end. And as for Jules, I could never have forseen a better supporting character as Lex's brother. From the original animosity Lex feels towards him, to the stale truce, and eventually the real brotherly love. In the end, you could understand why Lex would get worse and worse. To lose Chloe, and then to lose the brother he'd only just begun to love, ::sigh:: one could see why he'd want to give up on living all together.

But Jules and Corinne weren't the only two in this supporting cast you've created. Wherever the real Wendy is, I hope she's as proud of her character as I am of mine. The sometimes wacky, sometimes funny, sometimes caring best friend you made was a perfect addition to Lex's life in the beginning and then throughout the story. Afterall, if Wendy hadn't befriended Chloe at the start, she may never have wound up with Lex. And the tiny side-story between her and Wally West (aka the Flash) was a nice touch.

A good story isn't just about the good guys though, and neither was this one. You managed to create for us the perfect teenage bad guy in Donovan Saunders. His cruelty and ominous intentions throughout first part of the story made us hate him. But if he hadn't attacked Chloe on Holloween night, we might never have seen just how deeply Lex was falling in love with Chloe. He became the bad guy we loved to hate.

And speaking of the bad guys we love to hate, I could never leave out the worst bad guy of all: Lionel Luther, in whom you've recreated the cold, calculated man we know from the show. Like the Lionel on the show, he is as cold and ruthless as always, but in this story, we are given the chance to briefly look into the mind of this heartless man. There is no play at emotions, and the closest he comes to being human is the grudging respect he gives to Corinne the night Jules dies. Even then, we see him for what he is, a man interested only in power, nothing more.

I think that covers all the most important characters. Now, to the end... It was excellent. The perfect ending to such a great story, which can be difficult. In stories like this, there is always the chance the ending will come short of your expectations and leave you wanting more. The ending you have given us does nothing of the kind. It is neither anti-climatic nor overly dramatic, but fits perfectly in with the rest of the story. Lex's initial anger over what he thinks is a cruel plot to hurt him with his past. Chloe's mixed feelings about whether or not she should tell him the truth, and her worries over whether or not she could even get him to believe her. And then the end, when Lex realizes she really is the woman he loves, and Chloe realizes that she has finally found in this broken and defensive man the person she fell in love with... it was beautiful. The perfect amount of sentiment and emotion.

Once again, this has been one of the few works I've found to be truly excellent. It was both entertaining and heartwarming.

Thank you. Very Much.
The Real Corinne

sara47q
8th August 2005, 04:53
God I loved this story.

meg20
16th August 2005, 14:45
When will we have a nice epilogue to this story and more chapters to the other colourful Lex' stories? Please!:beg:

skitty
22nd August 2005, 03:46
I first found this story on fanfiction.net and then it disappeared. I am so glad that
I found it again. (and to find it completed..... yoo hoo!) Hope to see the epiloge one day!
Thanks for the reading pleasure.

planetcal
30th August 2005, 09:17
Please come back with the epilogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please!!!!!!!!!!

crazygirl
11th September 2005, 12:56
Epilogue, please!!! I really think that we've waited long enough now, don't you agree?

Leo Princess
11th September 2005, 21:50
Seeing as I've left readers waiting over two years for the conclusion to my own fic (lots of issues, man), I can wait till whenever for the epilogue. Not saying I'll be patient, but I can wait. :D

moultipass1
22nd September 2005, 00:27
I can't believe this is over. I've been following this story for so long I was expecting it to last at least a few more years.

This last chapter was wonderful, you have no idea how much I screamed when Lex didn't believe it was her, and how much I cried when she was telling him all the things she remembered. I didn't know how you could manage a happy ending after all they've been through, but this is just perfect, as amazing as the whole fic.

though I'm happy for how you ended it, I'm incredibly sad that there won't be anymore chapters, this is one of my favourite chlex fics ever.

But hey, epilogue? fine with me!

Moultipass

scifichick774
2nd October 2005, 03:22
All right. Despite the fact that I don't read SV anymore, I promised you that I'd come and read this when it was done, and I did so.

The last few chapters I needed to catch up on were beautifully written; easily some of your angstiest stuff. The way you combined the episodes with your own storyline and characters' thoughts was brilliant and I can easily see why so many people asked for the link to this story on the various Chlex Yahoo groups out there.

Well done. :)

gecko
2nd October 2005, 18:22
great story loved it

Leo Princess
2nd October 2005, 22:36
How's the epilogue coming along, friend?

Ellidyay
17th November 2005, 08:34
Its coming along well. Um, why the fuck is this in the graveyard?

hfce
17th November 2005, 16:45
Its coming along well. Um, why the fuck is this in the graveyard?

Elli this is why:

Dead fanfictions policy

Just some information about so called "dead" fanfictions...

A fanfiction is declared as dead, and will be moved to the Fanfiction Graveyard, when the last update from the author was about 3-6 months* ago.

If a fanfiction has been declared on hiatus (pause) by the author, it will be moved to the graveyard as well.

If you as an author have a dead fanfiction in the graveyard and wish to update, just post the update in the existing thread, and a moderator will move it for you. If it's not moved within a week, feel free to send a fanfiction moderator or me a PM, including the things below:

---------------------
The url to the fiction itself (will save us much time looking)
Where you want it moved back
The title of your fanfiction
And what category the story is in now (should the url not work for some reason)
---------------------

You may not have you fanfiction moved back to the normal fanfiction section unless you've posted an update.

Thank you.

Any questions/comments can be directed to me ;)

Ellidyay
18th November 2005, 21:30
A/N: *sings in bad imitation of Bob Hope* Thanks for the memories, of things I can't forget....*stops singing and smiles* I just want to tell everyone how much I value everything I've gotten from you all. It's been over 3 interesting years and I just want you to know I love and cherish every single person who took the time to read my baby and give me some feedback. To those of you who found me late in the story, thanks for joining me. To those of you who have been there from the begining, way back at Fanfiction.Net supporting me, encouraging me, (and you all know who you are) Thank you SO much. You have no clue how deeply your loyalty has touched me. This is the epilogue. It took me abut 6 months to write, which doesnt seem right for a measley 6 pages, but it was a labor of love and seperation and sometimes these things take time. But I'm glad you waited and I hope it was worth it. I hope to see you all around in General when the Vignettes start going up. Thanks again. It's been an honor and a privilege.

All my love,
Rachael/Ellidyay

Disclaimer:I dont own anyone from DC, the OC's are mine. And the article is by Sabby.

Thanks: Special thanks to the following for years of ...well, everything. Kris, Sabby, CC, Mitch Pell, Merry, Corinne(the real one), Wendy (the real one, wherever she is), Alex, Amber, Jen, Hope, and Not An Addict.

Review: Please do. Thanks

~Epilogue~

Epilogue

Lex Luthor found his Match.
Cat Martin
Daily Planet

This morning, 9 AM inside Metropolis Plaza's lavish 'Platinum Lounge', Lex Luthor (31), CEO of the international conglomerate LuthorCorp made the announcement that will break many a woman's (and quite a few men's) heart. It is official, ladies. Metropolis favorite child and billionaire Lex Luthor is off the market.

Mr. Luthor officially announced his engagement to long time girlfriend Chloe Sullivan (24). The spicy blonde, who many will know from her successful column in the Weekly Mail, has been seen accompanying Lex Luthor to many a function and high society bash for over 4 years now. Rumor has it, they were an item long before that.

Whip out your hankies, ladies. This is the Happily Ever After. This reporter can only wish the couple all the luck they deserve, since it is clear that they already have the happiness...and the money.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” a loud voice screamed into Lex’s ear as he answered his phone.

“Hello to you too, Corinne. How’s my favorite nephew?”

“JJ is fine, as I’m sure you goddamn well know. That’s not why I called your moronic ass. Seriously Lex, it’s pathetic and fucking disgusting what you’re doing.”

“Getting married is pathetic and disgusting?”

“To that little clone, it is. For fuck’s sake man, did you make the bitch in a laboratory or something? I know you like to fuck around with genetics.”

“I heard that, Mom!” Lex heard Julius call to her, the amusement in his voice coming through the phone despite the distance. His nephew was almost 13 now and already beginning to sound like a man. It made Lex feel old, and he didn’t like that feeling at all. Where the hell had the time gone?

“I don’t suppose you want to be a bridesmaid then?”

“I will cut your dick off with a spoon and feed it to you for breakfast,” Corinne replied evenly.

Lex couldn’t help himself. He laughed at that. And the other end of the line went suddenly silent.

“Correct me if I’m wrong but you, Lex Luthor, just fucking laughed. Am I right?”

“It was a funny image Corinne.”

“She fucking makes you laugh?” Corinne sounded incredulous. “I haven’t heard you laugh since before Jules got sick.”

“She makes me happy, Corinne. Can’t you be happy for me?”

“She’s too fucking…similar. It’s like carbon copy shit. Very fucking creepy if you ask me. I just don’t like it.”

“You don’t have to. You just have to come to the wedding and make sure your hair doesn’t clash with the floral arrangements,” Lex teased.

“Hardy fuckin’ har. Fuck you.”

“Yes, I’m considering this your RSVP. Just you and Jules or are all four of you coming?”

“We’re all coming,” Corinne snapped. “God damn it.”

Lex grinned at the sound of defeat in his sister-in-law’s voice. “Great. I’ll let her know. She wants to meet you, you know.”

“I’m so excited I can barely fucking stand it,” she deadpanned.

“Can I talk to Julius?”

She didn’t answer him, simply screamed into the house. “JJ! GET YOUR ASS ON THE PHONE NOW! YOUR DUMB-AS-FUCK UNCLE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!”

“Hello?”

“Hey Julius, how are things?”

“Good. I heard you’re getting married, Uncle Lex. I’m surprised. You don’t seem like the type.”

“You’d be amazed what the right woman can do for you. I know your mother certainly is.”

“Not really. Look at her and Dad. They’re great together,” Julius replied in reference to his mother and stepfather’s odd but undeniably solid relationship.

He was happy for them both. Jules would have wanted Corinne to find love again and for Julius to have a father, even if it couldn’t be him.

“So you don’t think I’m making a bad decision?” Lex asked. The kid reminded him of Jules in so many ways that it was often a chore to remember that they were not the same person. Even so, the boy’s opinion mattered to him. He was the only blood relative Lex had left (his father obviously not included). And while the young man’s response wouldn’t change his choice, approval from someone on the other end of the line would be nice.

“If you love her, how can it be a bad decision? I’m glad. You’re getting a little old to be single, Uncle Lex.”

Lex winced. Again with the old. Thirty-one was not old damn it. Thirty-one was the prime of life.

“Thanks, kid.”

“Don’t sweat it. Dibs on best man.”

Lex didn’t fight the smile. “You got it.”

“Cool. I’ve gotta run. Love ya.” There was a click as the phone hung up.

Julius never waited for him to reply because in the boy’s mind, that Lex loved him was a given. Strange that a Luthor would ever consider love a given. It gave Lex hope for himself and the family he one day wanted to have.

Before he’d even had a chance to put the phone back in its cradle, it rang again. His personal line, which only a handful of people in the world had access to.

“Lex Luthor.”

“I just saw the papers. Lex, dear god, why?”

“Because when you love someone, you get married. I shouldn’t need to explain this to you Wendy. You and Wally have been married how many years?”

“This is different Lex. This is sick. You’ve been seeing this girl for four years? Christ Lex, it’s just…” Wendy searched for a word. “Wrong. She looks too much like Chloe. Hell she’s got the same *name* as Chloe. It’s just…it’s not fair to you or to her. You can’t marry a fantasy.”

“It’s not a fantasy, Wen. It’s the real thing and I love her.”

“None of this is real, Lex! It’s a sick fixation on a girl who has been dead for more than a decade! Can’t you see what you’re doing to yourself?”

“Calm down, or you’ll send yourself into an early labor.”

“You can’t do that at five months along and damn it, stop trying to change the subject!”

“I’m not changing the subject. I’m just reminding you that a hostile womb isn’t good for your baby.”

“I will kill you.”

"Yes, I'm getting that sort of sentiment a lot today."

“Don’t you see? It’s completely unhealthy. And what’s more, this girl thinks you love her, that you’re making love to her when you’re together. But you’re not, Lex. You’re fixated on a ghost. And it’s just not right. It’s not fair.”

“I’m not going to argue with you on this one, Wendy. Nothing I say will convince you otherwise.”

“I loved her too, Lex. Not the way you did but she was the best friend I’ve ever had and if you think I don’t miss her you’re dead wrong. But it’s been nearly fifteen years. It’s time to let go.”

“Enough Wendy,” Lex snapped sharply, “I have things to attend to. I trust I’ll see you at the wedding?”

There was a deep sad sigh on the other side of the phone. “Of course. You know I’ll be there. I came for the first disaster with that brunette bitch and I’ll be there for the second fiasco. You know that, Lex.”

“Good to hear. I’ll see you in June then.”

“Yeah. Take care of yourself, Lex. Think about what you’re doing.”

“I do, Wen. Every moment of the day.”

~*~*~

The wedding had been a bangup success. The bride had been stunning, the groom devilishly handsome, the flower girl (Lana and Pete’s 3 year old daughter) adorable, the decorations elegant and classy.

The reception had been an event that would no doubt be remembered by everyone involved for years to come. But after hours of food, speeches, dancing, speeches, well-wishes, speeches, alcohol, and, yes, more speeches, the grand banquet hall of the Metropolis Grand Hotel had nearly emptied out.

Clark had been one of the last to leave, disappearing to have a smoke with a dark haired young man from Gotham and never coming back. Gabe had left an hour ago, exhausted and tipsy enough that Lex had procured a driver for his new father-in-law. Julius had gotten a hold of some of the champagne flutes that had been circling the party and his stepfather had taken him home hours earlier. Lex had convinced his father to leave as the hall started to empty out. How, Chloe wasn’t sure yet, and now there was no one left but the bride, the groom, and two of Lex’s groomswomen Corinne and Wendy.

They hadn’t really spoken to Chloe during the reception. Wendy had stayed seated for the most part, her stomach weighing her down and she had come without her husband, as Wally’s gift had been to cover for Batman and Superman’s Justice League duty so their alter egos could both attend the wedding. For the most part she had stuck close Corinne and JJ, and Corinne…well, she never passed up an opportunity to have good time.

But now things had come to a screeching halt and Corinne and Wendy both sat across a table from Chloe, glaring at her.

“So,” Corinne started, blowing a stray strand of grey hair out of her face. She had dyed her prematurely grey hair with blue streaks to match the dress her husband had coerced her into wearing. “Who the fuck are you, really?”

Wendy looked relieved and aghast, grateful that at least she didn’t have to ask it, but horrified by the other woman’s lack of tact.

“Jesus, Corinne, ever heard of subtlety?”

The older woman snorted. “Yeah, like subtlety ever got a fucking thing accomplished.”

Chloe smiled and snuggled closer to her husband. Her husband, for god’s sake! His arm was draped casually around her bare shoulder, his fingers stroking almost imperceptibly over the soft skin of her arms.

“I’m insulted you don’t recognize me,” she said lightly. “It’s only been a few years. Fifteen or so.”

There was no reaction save silent blinking for several moments before Corinne snorted. “Yeah. Sure. And I’m a fucking virgin. “

Wendy looked pale and shaken. “You can’t be her. You’re so young, so much younger than we are.”

Chloe let out of soft sigh as Lex kissed her hair. She smiled at Wendy. “I did try and tell you. You can’t argue with that. But you didn’t believe me. Not that I blame you. You’d had to have been crazy to buy some cock and bull story about time travel and the future.”

Wendy’s hand was balled in a fist at her mouth, her eyes wide. Her brain was a thousand places at once and she was trying very hard to reconcile this too-young 24 year old journalist with the 16 year old girl she had counted as such a close friend and lost in such a painful way so long ago.

“I don’t buy it,” Corinne said shortly.

Chloe laughed. “You got blue body paint on your black mesh dress when I returned it.” She shuddered. “And I got horribly scarring mental pictures of you and Jules that have yet to wash out, thanks very much.”

The older woman was silent, her face a stony mask that did the Luthor clan proud and was in stark contrast with Wendy’s vivid shock.

“You gotta be fukcing kidding me,” she muttered softly. “This is not fucking possible.”

“Not to be argumentative,” Lex interjected, “But this city is guarded by an alien superhero, and someone at this table, who shall remain nameless, Wendy, is married to a man who can move faster than the speed of light. I would just like for the definition of possible to be expanded a little.”

Wendy chuckled. “He has a point.”

Corinne rolled her eyes. “Fucker’s always gotta have a point. Always gotta be right, don’t you, ya bastard?” She shook her streaked head. “This is un-fucking-real. I saw you after the fucking fall.”

Chloe’s smile got even wider if that was possible. “Does it help that I really missed you two?”

“Shut up Sullivan,” Corinne snapped, rubbing her face with her hands. “Luthor, whoever the fuck you are. Just shut the fuck up. You get to be in your mid-twenties, you skinny bitch, and the rest of us are fucking hurtling towards middle age so just shut the fuck up.”

Wendy laughed, rose, and pulled Chloe up and away from Lex. She pulled the now much younger bride into a hug made slightly awkward by her pregnant girth. “She missed you too,” she said warmly.

“I did fucking not,” Corinne bit out, her arms folded over her chest.

“Get over here, you surly bitch. You haven’t seen our friend in fifteen years, you can suffer through a hug,” Wendy ordered.

“Bite me.”

“Don’t make us come get you,” Chloe teased, still in a one armed embrace with her once lost friend. “She’s pregnant, that kind of exertion’s not good for her.”

Lex sipped some left over champagne as he watched the three most important women in his life, back together again. It had taken far too long to get to this point but at least they were here, for the most part.

He raised his glass in the direction of the group hug, made awkward by Corinne’s protestations and fidgeting, in a silent toast to his brother, the missing member of the now mostly reconnected circle. Julian would have approved of the whole turn out. The sentimental side of Lex that had been fostered by Chloe over the last few years was sure that he had watched the whole evening from wherever he was and enjoyed the show at least as much as Lex himself. The thought made Lex smile and he downed the last of the drink in Jules’ honor then went to collect his wife.

The End

welshy
18th November 2005, 22:25
Excellent ending, I'm glad Corinne and Wendy found out about Chloe. Lovely ending :wub:

Blackberry
18th November 2005, 23:06
*chuckles* that was perfect. I couldn't imagine things finishing any other way. Lots of swearing and Corinne is so funny~

Great job, Ellidyay!

BB

hfce
18th November 2005, 23:51
Oh my goodness I can't believe this is it. That was the end. :puppydog: It was beautiful, heart warming and very touching. I am so glad your finally finished after three long years. I am glad you stuck with it to the end. Good job girl. :clapclap: You should have this story moved out of graveyard and back to general section. Just pm the moderator of this section. They will do it for you. Your fans need to know you finished this.

Hope :)

carebear72884
19th November 2005, 00:10
Lovely, it is the perfect ending. Squeee!! I can't belive this fic is over, it feels like I have been reading it forever. Great Job, it will go down as one of my most favorite fics ever. I can't wait for the Vignettes!!!

Clannadlvr
19th November 2005, 00:22
Oh...yay! More "Time Warp!!"

So...I know you have some more vignettes coming for us, but I'm curious in particular about one thing. If it's been 4 years since Chloe and Lex reconnected, why hasn't Chloe seen Wendi and Corinne before that? I'd love to see some vignettes about how they refuse to meet Lex's "robot clone."

Wonderful as allways!

serenitysea
19th November 2005, 01:24
Excellent!

I'm sure part of you must have seriously labored over this piece and it showed. Every line was written just as it should have been and really drew the entire story, the characters, their lives and plots all together in one giant red bow and presented it to us as an incredible gift.

Love love loved it all, but especially this line:
Lex winced. Again with the old. Thirty-one was not old damn it. Thirty-one was the prime of life.

Ah, Lex. Denial suits you just as well as Armani.

Simply marvelous.

kimmie
19th November 2005, 02:32
I can't believe its over. It was a perfect ending to a fantastic story.

Congrats on a job well done!!!

Kimmie

malugargula
19th November 2005, 04:31
OMG... I haven't been in the site for so long (I hate when I don't have time to come here because I love this place) and now here I'm and what I see???
That this amazing fic is complete... I spent hours reading everything that I missed (from Chloe "dying" in the past until now) but I'm so happy that I did it.
I have lots of fics to read but thanks God this one was the first because I loved it... It made me laugh and cry.
Congratulations... It's an amazing fic
I really loved it.

Leo Princess
19th November 2005, 07:33
YEEHAW! Those two got hitched! *w00ts like a mad bitch*

I'm surprised Lionel took the news well enough to attend the wedding. This one smells a rat.

gecko
19th November 2005, 14:03
great ending, loved how corinne and wendy finally found out the truth bout chloe, great work

Kit Merlot
19th November 2005, 15:50
This was a beautiful ending to a truly great story:D

I'm glad that Corrine and Wendy know the truth about Chloe, but I think Lex's silent toast to Julian just about killed me.

Well done!

happybum
20th November 2005, 01:20
i love just love this story so much, i wanna marry it..j/k =] im glad it took 3 years b/c it wouldn't be the same.

Goldielocks
20th November 2005, 02:30
oh woah, im totally amazed by this briliant story

cwong
20th November 2005, 10:19
i was wondering why u left the ending with so many things unresovled. now it's all finished in the epilogue. good stuff. i'm surprised lionel didn't make much of a fuss. the julian part - great big tug on the heart strings. i loved it. i'd also like to commend u for ur dedication to this story.

pipersmum
20th November 2005, 14:25
What a great ending:D Glad you have finished this story as it is one of my favourite's. Chloe and Lex getting married, Wendy pregnant with Flash's baby and Corinne swearing her head off fantastic:D

Ann
21st November 2005, 23:08
Well talk about a heart jerker! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I cried while reading this fic but I absolutely loved it! Julian was great. I've never read a fic where he was really in it and it was a great addition. I loved Corinne and Wendy and the Lex/Chloe relationship was great. I have to say this is the first fic I've ever read where Chloe met Lex during his boarding school years. It added a lot of greatness to their relationship. Anyway, great fic. Look forward to reading more of your work.

meg20
22nd November 2005, 15:47
I'm so glad that there's an epilogue finally!
Chlex getting married - yay. Corrinne and Wendy knowing the truth in the end was the best.:clapclap:

Gaia
22nd November 2005, 17:09
the Epilogue was very nicley done!!!! And it was about time...:D

campbti
23rd November 2005, 19:01
Perfection. I am so glad you wrote this and tied up the ending so beautifully. Love to think of them all together. Such great characters taht you created here. It has been a long and wonderful journey. congratulations and thanks for letting us all come along on the ride. It was one of the best ever.

teb85
24th November 2005, 13:38
This fic is definatly one of my favourites and im so pleased its finished ! A fantastic fic, well done !!

Queen Of Tact
24th November 2005, 15:41
*cries* It’s finely over for really…. This story has been one of the best fic that I have ever read!!! From start to finish you have kept me clued to it… You’ve made me laugh, and you made me cry…. Every ch brought a new mix of feelings…. Reading the eppi makes me want to go back and read the story all over again! I don’t even think I could pick out my fav part of the story because I have so many… The saddest for me was when Jules died… That was just so fucking heart breaking…. You made me cry like a fucking baby…..

Ok on to the eppi…. It was fucking perfect…. I don’t think you could have ended the story any better then that…. I loved the group getting back together again… It was how things should be….

Highlights…

“I will cut your dick off with a spoon and feed it to you for breakfast.” Corinne replied evenly.

I love Corinne, and oh how I missed her, these last few ch….

“She fucking makes you laugh?” Corinne sounded incredulous. “I haven’t heard you laugh since before Jules got sick.”

“She makes me happy, Corinne. Can’t you be happy for me?”

That’s cause it’s Chloe…. And no one can make Lex happy like Chloe can…..

“If you love her, how can it be a bad decision? I’m glad. You’re getting a little old to be single, Uncle Lex.”

LMAO…. I love JJ…. He’s just like his dad

"Don’t you see? It’s completely unhealthy. And what’s more this girl thinks you love her, that you’re making love to her when you’re together. But you’re not Lex. You’re fixated on a ghost. And it’s just not right. It’s not fair.”

“I’m not going to argue with you on this one, Wendy. Nothing I say will convince you otherwise.”

“I loved her too, Lex. Not the way you did but she was the best friend I’ve ever had and if you think I don’t miss her you’re dead wrong. But it’s been nearly fifteen years. It’s time to let go.”

She’s right, it so would be wrong but it’s the real Chloe so it’s perfect…. And she’ll she that once she gets to the wedding….

“So,” Corinne started, blowing a stray strand of grey hair out of her face. She had dyed her prematurely grey hair with blue streaks to match the dress her husband had coerced her into wearing. “Who the fuck are you really?”

Always right to the point… just got to love her….

“I’m insulted you don’t recognize me,” She said lightly. “It’s only been a few years. Fifteen or so.”

Yeah only 15 yrs and they thought you were dead!

That she did but Wen wouldn’t listen…. Oh how I wish I could see the looks on the faces…

“You gotta be fukcing kidding me.” She muttered softly. “This is not fucking possible.”

“Not to be argumentative,” Lex interjected, “But this city is guarded by an alien superhero, and someone at this table, who shall remain nameless, Wendy, is married to a man who can move faster than the speed of light. I would just like for the definition of possible to be expanded a little.”

True, very very true, and funny….

“Get over here, you surly bitch. You haven’t seen our friend in fifteen years you can suffer through a hug.” Wendy ordered.

“Bite me.”

LMAO Oh how I love then all together again… That was perfect….

He raised his glass in the direction of the group hug made awkward by Corinne’s protestations and fidgeting in a silent toast to his brother, the missing member of the now mostly reconnected circle. Julian would have approved of the whole turn out. The sentimental side of Lex that had been fostered by Chloe over the last few years was sure that he had watched the whole evening for wherever he was and enjoyed the show at least as much as Lex himself. The thought made Lex smile and he downed the last of the drink in Jules’ honor then went to collect his wife.

The was a great ending and I’m sure Jules was watching over them….. And I’m sure there wouldn’t be anyone happier for Lex and Chloe then Jules….

Once again wonderful job…. This Fic need to be put into a must read list for any Chlex fan…… I still can’t believe it’s over after all this time…… Great job hon… *hugs*

CC

lj715
25th November 2005, 06:58
Wow, really great fic. I cried my eyes out when Julian died. The ending was perfect. Was so glad that Lex kept his promise & married Chloe.

ggdoll18
25th November 2005, 09:33
incredible story, fantastic writing, im amazed. awesome !

Shane77
25th November 2005, 10:25
This fic is so amazing!
I started reading it and I couldn't stop until the end!
Love eveything in it! Great job!

lilinny
26th November 2005, 01:28
You would think motherhood would mellow Corrine. I started reading this fic when it was at fanfiction.net and was thrilled when you moved it here. This story was touching, heart-breaking, funny, and sexy. As always I will look forward to any story you write. Kudos girl!!!

Not An Addict
2nd December 2005, 21:53
That's . . . so . . . *sniff* I'm not crying. I'm not. Really. And you can't tell differently 'cause you can't see me, so *blows raspberry*

Beautiful. Everything ended up just as it should. (Except for the fact that Jules is still dead, something for which I might never forgive you. ^_~) All the characterization was brilliant, as always, and I was so glad to see Corinne and Wendy again. *sniffle* I'm sad to see this story officially over, but this was the perfect way to end it. Salutations, sweetie.

lexis
9th December 2005, 06:04
I loved it. This has to be one of my fave chlex stories.

Ann
9th December 2005, 06:42
*sigh* I just read the last two chapters again and loved it just as much now as I did the first time. :)

angie284
12th December 2005, 03:23
8 hours, half a dozen logins, and several tears later I have to say unbelievably well done. The shear amount of time it took you to write this story is testament to your determination and talent. :clapclap:

starmoon
13th December 2005, 17:23
i love this story and i am glad that chloe and lex got together and were married. it was great when all her old friends found out the truth. i am glad it ended happly they all deserve it.

Leo Princess
14th December 2005, 05:36
You would think motherhood would mellow Corrine.

Corrine? Mellow? When she's dust in the grave, maybe. And that's a big maybe. :D

I've said this a lot already, but your story rocks hardcorse, lady! Excellent work! If more fic writers wrote with even a quarter as much hard work as you have done with all your fics (but especially this one), perhaps I wouldn't shy away from show-based fics on certain websites (*cough*fanfiction.net*hack*). Brava, diva!

Mystykitty
14th December 2005, 08:31
Perfect.

Just perfect, and to think I almost missed it.

mee
17th December 2005, 18:00
What a fantastic story. I'm so glad it's been completed!

alexiel
19th December 2005, 22:28
I discover the begining of your fics in a french forum, somebody translate it, it was never finish. So I'm really glad to find the sequel even it's in english lol ! I have to admit that I asked questions as for the way you would return to the present (especially from Chloe's death) and I was very surprised, but I really liked a lot. It was a really fresh fics.

lucifer's angel
8th January 2006, 20:01
i also discover this fic on a french site.
i can not find word to say how impressed i m !
it's a wonderful story. congratlations !!!

bluefang
14th January 2006, 11:40
Amazing. wow. was it seriously 3 years? I first started reading on ff.net nvr knew it got finished here.
wow falling out windows, amazing storytellin through all of the julian- and everywhere else.
cant believe its over, your amazing.
once more for good measure. wow.....

Ami Rose
19th January 2006, 08:35
AWSOME! I can't believe you finally finished it. I loved it loved it loved it.
Ami Rose

Nats
29th January 2006, 19:51
Hi

I loved this story i remember i read it on fanfiction.net way at the beginning when it was just started but then I got annoyed at the clark lana thing on the show and quit watching and cos I quit watchin I quit reading fanfic about the show but was bored today and wanted to read a fanfic and decided to go back to chlex fic and I am so glad I read yours even tho I am goin to reread it cos I skimmed some but the story was amazing and I loved the way it ended.

rach878
30th January 2006, 01:59
I've spent the last 2 days reading this story from start to finish and I've been through every emotion possible during the course of the story. Not only have you made me love Lex and Chloe even more, but you made me fall for Wendy, Corrine and Jules. Amazing job!

jo_anne_storm
18th February 2006, 17:20
Oh, wow. What an amazing story. You made me laugh, sniff back tears, and sometimes do both at the same time. Just wow.

jagged
25th February 2006, 08:23
it's a great story

teala30ca
12th March 2006, 21:56
great story!! I just re-read it and it's as wonderful as the first time!

zerys
23rd April 2006, 09:33
Just finished this awesome story. Now I need to hit the store for a new box of klenex. This was really beautifully done. Thank you.

Nene
6th July 2006, 19:48
Ive just joined this forum:eek: and im sooo glad i did!! I read this fic ages ago and loved it, but was never able to find it again, to see how it ended! This is my favourite Chlex fic of all times! Would love a sequel :worship:

Esther25jm
22nd July 2006, 11:55
This is quite possibly the most beautiful story (in all fandoms) that I've ever read. So heartbreakingly tragic at moments and unbelievably funny at others--this is just simply gorgeous. I've been reading it all day and night because I couldn't stop--and it was well worth. I absolutely love every word. You've done a splendid job and I thank you for the glorious roller-coaster ride of emotions that is this gem of a Chlex story. Brava!!

sarahnicole
22nd July 2006, 17:18
Ummm, I 130% agree with the opinion above. I laughed, I cried, and I put off packing so that I can leave Buenos Aires after five months here until after I finished this. FANTASTIC!

biscuits
22nd July 2006, 17:56
This fic is fantastic. I keep coming back to it, especially the last few chapters when Lex realizes that it's the same Chloe. Beautiful, poignant, funny . . . this fic has it all. I hope that you'll come back to finish your other fic too, pretty please?

jaab
31st August 2006, 13:14
Loved It :grin3: You ROCK! :respect:

Pr3cIoUs
2nd September 2006, 09:52
Oh what a beautiful ending to such an amazing story. I cried so much i honestly think i'm dehydrated, i loved this story so much especially Jules *besides the Chlex of course* and i thought for a second there in a few chapters back that it wasn't gonna be a happy ending and that just brought the waterworks all over again but must think about the happy times with happy thoughts like that ending. Yay for it finally working out and Wendy and Corinne finding out. And i totally agree with Lex's head being sexy, such hotness :drool2:

GroundedSouls
10th October 2006, 01:48
I love this story it took me 2 days to read it but it's awesome. I hated to see it end. I was glad that Corrnie and Wendy got to figure out who she really was and I was kind of wondering why Wendy didn't get it at first but I guess she forgot what Chloe had told her all those years ago. I was just glad Lex and Chloe finally got together and are happy.

Crystal79
8th January 2007, 04:32
I haven't been here for a while and I just found this story was finished. Thank you for a wonderful story, the ups and downs, and the perfect character voices. You made me feel as though I was right there watching it all happen, you're a great author.

Emch
20th January 2007, 22:38
That was incredible. I started reading this story a few years ago at FF.N, but then I couldn't find it anymore. I only find it this morning and I have been readind it all day long (more than 10 hours). My eyes hurt, poor me, but it was worth it.

One of the best Chlex stories I ever read.

LOVE IT, even though it was so sad in some chapters.

Bye

Alizaleven
21st January 2007, 10:14
I absolutely had to read this again, I had the sudden urge to read an awesome chlex fic... and this one came to mind. Just my luck that my laptop dies.. right as I'm getting into the first part of this story, so I had to wait almost 4 days to read it... Thank goodness I was able to tonight! I love this story... such good writing. I think I'll read it again soon. Thanks so much for posting this here! :D

Ali

ashley
4th February 2007, 05:02
This is my absolute FAVORITE story! I started reading it on Fanfiction.net and was so upset when it wasn't there and then i found it again.Thanks so much for writing it it's the only story to ever make me cry.I'm sad it's over but it really is great.Thank You

bellachaos
18th February 2007, 03:34
Boo its over. I really loved this story. I've spent the past two days reading the entire thing and it was well worth all the lost sleep I suffered. You write with such a perfect balance of angst and romance its amazing. Fantastic job all around on this story.

Lali
29th May 2007, 23:41
And now I'm out of kleenex...

This has to be my favorite Chlex story ever! Scratch that! My favorite Smallville fanfic! I've read some awesome chlex before but Time Warp kicks ass!

I spent the last two days going through this thread, and damn... It was worth the almost all-nighter that made me super cranky at school.

Corinne is fucking fabulous! I have to say that! It's not often that OC's are so... FUCKING AMAZING! And when you paired her off with Jules... God, it's perfect. I did hate that he got killed off, but I'm glad he got to make peace with Lex, all things considered, that shinner in the janitor's room was worth it.

What did happen to Donovan, though? Did he die a mysterious death? Did his family go bankrupt? I do hope he's somewhere working on McDonald's or just some dinner, maybe in the Hampton's cafeteria, that would be ironic...

Lex is... incredibly hot in this fic, I mean, hotter. Sexier... Chloe is great! And I'm really happy they got the ending they deserved.

(Random question: Did Chloe ever payed that money she borrowed from Lex to buy clothes? Did she pay with interest?)

I'm so sad to reach the end of the thread, but I do hope there will be some vignettes... there's so much more to this fic... Like what happened in between Lex's discovery that Chlo was alive and the wedding, I'm sure there some amazing scenes. Like Clark finding out about their relationship.

(Random question: Did Gabe ever find out about the tattoo? Or anyone else?)

Your fanfic is amazing, you're amazing! I'll make sure to read anything you ever written EVER!

(Random question(another one!): How come JJ doesn't curse like his mother? I'm sure the other parents were happy when their children learned new four letter words from their classmate)

And now I'm done!

I really loved the story. Made me cry and laugh!!

Lali

Swamy
27th August 2007, 14:31
Yesterday night I was looking for something good to read and I've read the title on the suggestion thread, so I decided to give it a try... luckily!
I've been reading this from 09:00 pm to 02:00 am and I'v cotinued when I woke up.
This is an amazing fiction, with every chapter is gone more and more up to my favorites. I loved young-Lex and his relationship wit Chloe, the growing of their friendship until they discovered that it had become love without realizing it, how passionate he was when he defended her against Donovan even when he barely knew her, and how terrified he was when she was almost raped, the internal fight to hide from himself his real feelings for her. Everything was amazing and very real. And of course I fell right away for Julian and Corinne, they were really amazing and their first time together was so cute that I couldn't help but smile like a fool.
The epilogue made it all right again, like it was meant to be, and I'm glad that because of Chloe he didn't become Superman's enemy, loving Lex as I do I can't helpp but always hope he can get peace for his heart and a happy ending, and you give it to him. Thanks

Vampirelover
6th December 2007, 06:33
I absolutely freakin loved this story!!!! the plot was just unbelieveable and the chlex!! oh i almosted died from happiness! CHLEX FOREVER!!! Awesome story!! :drool2::eek::wub::worship:

marcy2401
28th May 2008, 01:37
I Loved it! It is a must read for any chlex fan. Great job!

merdeliquesce
29th May 2008, 05:20
initially, i wasn't into the time travel idea. but then i started to read this story. and i LOVED it.

i'm SO glad i started this story when it was already done - i would've hated to wait.

really, very very very well don story. be proud. :)

silkie
31st May 2008, 10:32
I read the story now for the third time and I will probably read it again someday!! I just love it!!
Great characters, interesting plot, a lot of chlex and no Lana! Perfect!:grin3:

emmie
1st June 2008, 03:48
I'm sure you've heard this many times.......but, just wanted to say that this was a fabulous story. Absolutely luv'ed it!!!!!

TheMadButterfly
4th June 2008, 14:06
FINALLLY! I heard about this story from a LJ comment and like one hour of searching later i find it! haha! i am so happy! now i am going to read it!

20thC
6th June 2008, 09:03
Loved it. You made me cry (evil author) but I absolutly loved it. Thanks.

blackheart_me
8th August 2008, 04:59
This story was incredibly brilliant!! I was so addicted to it I read it in one full day. It made me squeal, happy, cry, so incredibly emotional!! The Chlex was AMAZING!! I loved Corrine, Wendy, the friends. It made me so SAD when Chloe had to go back to her time but your end wrapped it up WONDERFULLY!! This has become my favorite Chlex story EVER! :D:D

campbti
20th August 2008, 06:16
Was thinking about this story the other day in the car and just had to come here to find it. Still brilliant. Some of the best writing I've ever read. Hope you are still doing it....

scgirl
29th October 2008, 05:15
Oh man...I just reread this story all the way through, and I think I loved it more this time than the first fefw times...you totally rock my world.

kara
22nd February 2009, 13:52
I totally loved this fic! Aww Lex is love <3

elementia
16th March 2009, 13:22
This fic was so awesome!!!
I had to read the whole thing in one sitting, ignoring all the other work I had to do.
It was so powerfully emotional.

jkar
29th April 2009, 06:53
I started reading this story years ago but one thing or another came up. In the intervening years I've tried to find it a handful of times with no luck.

Now here it is - found and finished.

Powerful story, definitely worth the wait.

Thanks.

blackheart_me
26th May 2009, 22:58
This is by far one of my favorite Chlex stories :D

rosesoul
2nd June 2009, 05:25
Hi,
Many thanks to rachael, the writer of Timewarp. It's obvious you are a fantastic writer, and who has many, many fans here on this forum.

It's amazing when what a human with unlimited imagination and good writing skills can do, isn't it?

I've also enjoyed reading some of the comments made by the members of this forum.

I look forward to coming back later and reading more of your stories Rachael. Not to mention the NS members' comments and reviews.

meanwhile thanks for the ride guys!

warmest regards,
Laila from Singapore:blinkkiss

Julie
4th June 2009, 16:41
*Bump because of a late approval of a comment,#779 (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showpost.php?p=248480&postcount=779)*.

Satori
11th June 2009, 06:13
“Shut up Sullivan,” Corinne snapped, rubbing her face with her hands. “Luthor, whoever the fuck you are. Just shut the fuck up. You get to be in your mid-twenties, you skinny bitch, and the rest of us are fucking hurtling towards middle age so just shut the fuck up.”

Great fanfic. Corinne is a fantastic character.