PDA

View Full Version : Destiny (PG)

happy bunny
23rd August 2003, 02:57
Destiny (Complete)
PG

Lex copes with loss.

A/N: My mind has been in the Angst section lately so this is kind of depressing. Please tell me what you think.

“Don’t cry, son. Luthor’s don’t cry. Tears make you weak.” That’s what his father had told him the day of his mother’s funeral. At this point, Lex really didn’t care how weak he appeared. Today, he hadn’t even tried to hold back his tears. He had cried until there were no tears left and his eyes were sore and red.

The love of his life was gone; he had to bury her today. She had only been his for a year and now she was gone.

Lex smiled slightly as he thought of his wedding day, the happiest day of his life. Chloe had looked so beautiful in her white gown. Lex had been wearing white that day, too. Chloe had made sure of that. “If I have to wear white, then you sure as hell have to too.” Lex couldn’t have cared less. He would have married her in sweatpants if he had too. All that mattered that she was his.

They had written their own vows. Lex could still remember his.

“Most would be shocked at the revelation that a Luthor has feelings, let alone can love, but it is true.

You were my best friend, the only one that could truly understand me, and it seemed to grow from there. You have captured my soul and my heart and I am happily your prisoner for as long as you’re willing to have me.

You’re the only person I’ve ever known that’s challenged me and made me think on a regular basis. You constantly surprise me, which is quite a feat. You have an energy about you, a passion in you about everything you do that’s contagious and spreads like wildfire, motivating everyone around you.

I know that you’re not perfect; I wouldn’t have you any other way. Every flaw, every insecurity, only makes me love you that much more.

Today, I make you my bride. Today, I become the happiest man in the world.

No matter what happens, I’ll never stop loving you. Even on my death bed, my love for you will still be every bit as strong as it is today.”

And he still means every word of it.

Chloe’s vows had been slightly more articulate but just as passionate as his. By the time they were both done with their recitations, there was not a dry eye in the place. Even Lionel had been on the verge of tears.

That day had been the happiest one he could remember. Who would have thought that only two months and three days later he would already be a widower? It had only been two months and yet it seemed so far in the past. He supposed that was because he was a different person than the one who had gotten married that day. The other Lex had been happy.

He was still damp from the rain. He hadn’t bothered to use an umbrella. He wanted to feel as cold and hurt on the outside as he did emotionally. He was forced to watch as yet another person he had loved was lowered into the ground. Powerless despite all of his luxuries, powerless to help her. The old proverb that money couldn’t buy you happiness turned out to be true. All the money in the world couldn’t get Chloe back. Despite all his money, despite all his power, he was still alone.

He remembered the first morning without her, this morning. He had dreamed of her the night previous and in the haze of the morning, he had thought that she was still there, that the events of the day before were nothing more than a nightmare. He had rolled over to face her and slung an arm around her side of the bed. His arm, instead of wrapping around his wife’s form, hit the bed. That’s when it had really hit him, she was gone.

He supposed what he had told Clark earlier in his life rang true still. “Some people were just meant to be alone.”

hfce
23rd August 2003, 03:31
Oh wow that was so sad :crygreen:

Hope

Zealot
23rd August 2003, 07:00
Oh my... that was sad... good fic.

I need to get happy now...

dsapiro
23rd August 2003, 08:46
That was increadably sad. I really nead to stop reading these Lex deals with Chloes death stories, but they are just so well written. Amazing job.

sabby
23rd August 2003, 09:56
And another sad one...*sighs* Ok, who'll help me catch the (not so)happy bunny and give her some of these shiny blue happy pills?

Sweet story hon

hugs,
Sabby

lunaluthor
23rd August 2003, 11:13
eyerytime I fall for these dead Chloe stories and each time I have to :crygreen:

scifichick774
23rd August 2003, 16:38
*sobs*

:crygreen:

Elviriel
23rd August 2003, 17:05
:crygreen: your evil .... evil .... thats so sad .... but so great.

Sab_Luthor
23rd August 2003, 22:21
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
do you hate us? do you hate me? what i do to you?
its so not fair
:crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:

bluemoongirl23
30th August 2003, 17:52
*takes some of her happy pills and shoves them down "happy" bunny's throat* Done, Ok, now go write fluffy stories. Way to kill us all.

Blue