PDA

View Full Version : Through The Looking Glass 1/1 (R)

Joy
19th August 2003, 14:01
Through the Looking Glass

Lex reflects… sequel to Who wins?

Disclaimer: They don’t belong to me.
Pairing: Chloe/Other ^_^
Category, Angst. Slightly dark
Rating pg15-R
Spoilers: none
Archive: Go for it
Comments: The more, the merrier I am.
Setting: Five years after Who Wins?
Clark would be working with the Daily Planet already, this is an Alt Universe fic…

Through the Looking Glass 1/1

Any moment now, she would walk out of the mansion. Any moment now, she would give that smile that would rival the sun. Any moment that now, a car would park at the driveway, and any moment now, a man would step out and embrace the woman that should have been his.

He watched from his office in Metropolis, a thousand miles away from where the image he is watching.

It has been his ritual for almost three years, when he heard about the engagement. He was there at the wedding, unknown to the couple. He watched from afar as they exchanged their vows. Watched as her father cried, and watched as his nemesis stand behind the bride that could have been his.

Clark almost caught him then, the ring he had made especially for him became his cloak from the hero of Metropolis. Always going against tradition, she chose to have a ‘Man of Honour’ because she did not have a female friend close enough to be her ‘Maid of Honour.’

Lex shook himself out of his memory and watched the screen before him, a screen that rivalled the latest flat screen available to the public. He looked at the door, and like always, it opened, and Chloe Sullivan-Wayne walked out, her body displaying the physical evidence of what she shared with Wayne. In a few months, Wayne would have his heir.

“Increase the audio.”

“Sir?”

Lex didn’t take his eyes of the screen. “Do it.”

There was no reply as a loud static was heard, and Lex adjusted the knob on his table.

He moved closer to the screen and traced her body with his fingers, and the loud noise of a car approaching didn’t disturb Lex as he watched that smile brighten up the darkness of his room.

“You’re late.”

Bruce Wayne stepped out of his car, and didn’t even bother to close the door as he swept his wife in his arms. “I’ll just have to make it up to you, then.”

Chloe wrapped her arms tighter around her husband. “How was the meeting?”

“Uneventful. LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises ended up with 50%”

Chloe nodded. “Back to square one, huh?”

Bruce didn’t say anything as he kissed her on the forehead.

“He’s really not that bad, you know…”

Bruce snorted, and Chloe rolled his eyes. “He’s a business man, he does what he need to win. You’d do the same.”

/Except I won’t experiment on innocent civilians./ Bruce thought, choosing to keep that knowledge silently. He will tell her the truth about Batman when the time was right. Superman was right… she was too trusting to see a complete façade staring right in front of her. When he tells her, he hoped for a painless death. “ I love you,”

Chloe blinked as her hands moved, one cradled the back of his neck to pull him down for a kiss. “I know. So… how are you going to make it up to me?”

Bruce sighed. “Well, we should visit Smallville tomorrow, visit your dad, Mr and Mrs Kent. we’ll even stay at your father’s house for the night…”

“Mr. Billionaire Wayne staying at a middle-class home in Smallville?” Chloe asked in a mock scandalised voice.

Bruce grinned as he held her tighter. “We never did have a chance to make-out in your bed…”

He was rewarded with a blush as Chloe lightly punched him in the arm. “Pervert.”

Bruce shrugged with a smile as he played with the strands of her hair. “Then, the very next day, I’ll take you down to the Daily Planet and meet up with Clark and Lois, and after that…” His voice trailed into a whisper. “You’re all mine.”

Chloe closed her eyes as she accepted his kiss. “Always, Bruce.”

“Ahem.”

The two parted and watched Alfred who held the door open. “Would you having dinner at the hall?”

Bruce winked at Alfred as he scooped Chloe in his arms, who laughed. “No… I think I’ll head straight to dessert.”

Alfred rolled his eyes as he allowed the couple to pass.

Lex stared at the screen with a smirk. “You really didn’t think you can take her away from me. Did you, Bruce?”

He would let Bruce have this one night, he would let Gabe see his daughter, and he would let the star reporters of the Daily Planet to speak with Chloe. And then, she would be his. Always.

End Fic

Was Chloe to OOC? She *is* pregnant. Must be the hormones! :blinkkiss:

Okay… Clark and Lex are already enemies by this time. I’ve heard about the Justice League. That’s Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman and….???

So in this fic, the superheroes all work together. BTW, Bruce only thinks that Chloe doesn’t know. But she knows. She’s too smart not too!!!

Is this a part of a trilogy? If you stroke my ego enough, maybe!! And this is ANGST, so not very Chlexy, is it? I’ll make it up in my other fics… somehow!

Blaire023
19th August 2003, 14:11
please write another one. pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!

i figured chloe wasn't dense enough to not know bruce was batman and clark was superman. Also, i don't think there's anything wrong with her characterization. She's married to bruce Wayne, who's rarely around and is one sexy fine man and if you wanted to narrow it down to her attacking him and ravaging him on the front steps of the mansion, then so be it.

'pervert' added a nice touch. I always thought that if chloe ended up with lex or bruce, she'd keep that quality about her.

~B

sabby
19th August 2003, 15:13
Hmm I like it, but this last paragraph sucked me in. Now I want to know what Lex has planned there.. Will you tell me pretty please?

hugs,
Sabby

Czech Angel
19th August 2003, 18:43
Ok, you just have to write more. The suspense is just killing me.
Btw great start!
:chlexsign3:

dsapiro
19th August 2003, 21:12
You have to write more. How does he plan on getting her back? Will it be her choice? Will it just make me that muh angrier at Lex? Suspence is killing me.

happy bunny
19th August 2003, 22:24
Great fic. And durr, you HAVE to write more! (It's a rule, I swear.) You can't just leave it at that. You have to tell us his plan!! And then you have to tell us how it went. So get back here and add more! NOW!

...please?

And I have a question, what did Lex mean by 'the woman that should have been his'? Did he and Chloe have a relationship? If they did, what went wrong? If they didn't, then what the hell is Lex talking about?

So many questions, going insane... Help me lower my therapy bill, answer them for me.

hfce
19th August 2003, 23:00
More now please..... :biggrin:

Hope

scorpio
19th August 2003, 23:06
Originally posted by happy bunny@Aug 19 2003, 10:24 PM

And I have a question, what did Lex mean by 'the woman that should have been his'? Did he and Chloe have a relationship? If they did, what went wrong? If they didn't, then what the hell is Lex talking about?

There´s a prequel to this fic. it´s called Who Wins?. It´s good. :) And it should answer you questions.

~~~~~~~
Now on to this fic:
I´m fine w/ the Chruce pairing. If Bruce treats her right, then he´s the man for Chloe.
I´m not liking Lex in this...I´m actually concerned for Chloe and her unborn baby. Uh, nothing is going to happen to the child when Lex decides to take matters in his own hands and get Chloe back, right?

:huh: And I agree with Blaire on the whole Batman/Superman thing. Chloe is usually a smart cookie. I thought she´d figure it out .

Write more. :)

bluemoongirl23
19th August 2003, 23:43
Um, the end? I think not. You have to tell us what evil thing Lex has planned....I think the NS bylaws require that you can't just leave a fic like that *rifles through book* Yes, look, it's right here. Now, shoo, go, write.

Blue

Carina
20th August 2003, 01:21
Where does Lex get off? First he cheats on her and now he's going to ruin her life? It's arrogance I tell you, pure arrogance! I can't believe Chloe's having Bruce's baby and he still hasn't told her about his nighttime activities. Even though she knows, it's still pretty bad of him not to tell her.

"Always going against tradition, she chose to have a ‘Man of Honour’ because she did not have a female friend close enough to be her ‘Maid of Honour.’"

:hehe: That is such a Chloe thing to do. Loved this sequel and I'm looking forward to the next installment *fingers crossed*.

Susan S
20th August 2003, 02:26
Grrr-I can't believe Bruce hasn't told her he's Batman yet. Lex needs to be taken down a peg or three. Can't wait for the next installment.

Susan S

angelines
20th August 2003, 02:51
:drool: more more. great story but i need moreeeeeeeeeeeeee :hush:

beautiful N' Bruised
3rd September 2003, 20:12
Liked the prequel - I'm sick enough to enjoy lexana when it's in a chlex fic and very twisted - but really, *really* liked the sequel.

I love how you managed to convey all of Lex's evil-mastermind essence, in such a short fic. Again, I'm twisted enough to still love him when he's bad ;) (or is it love him cos he's bad? hehe)

Yes, definitely make a triology, with a chlexy ending, be it hapy or angsty. Just spotted a little bit of tense jumping that you might want to fix (my pet peeve.)

Now shoo! Go write.

arkakitty
10th July 2005, 19:58
Cannot believe the nerve of him.... he's mean... but I love him this way ;) Off to read the 3rd part :)

starmoon
11th July 2005, 10:32
great story though i am a little scared about what lex has planed for chloe i just hope she and the baby will be ok. though i do love the evil lex.

pipersmum
14th August 2005, 00:04
Loved this part alot more than the first
:wub: Chloe and Bruce being together and expecting a baby how wonderful :wub:
Clark as man of honour just loved that idea :grin3:
Lex is so going to do something evil isn't he? :devil:

fluffyreigns
7th September 2005, 07:39
great fic . really interesting .

spaceboi's pixie
30th November 2005, 15:08
want more please great start

noirrobin
25th December 2005, 08:03
Please, may I have some more? I hope you update soon.