PDA

View Full Version : Who Wins? 1/1 (PG-15/R)

Joy
18th August 2003, 13:00
Careless Whisper 1/1

Spoliers: None
Warnings? ANGST!
Archive - Go for it.
Comments - I need it, I want it. I crave it. Please give me…
Setting: Last year of HS

The cast of SV don’t belong to me.

PLEASE DON’T KILL ME. PPPLLLEEEAAASSSSEEE!!

He watched her across the Talon before turning his attention back to the newspaper he was reading.
He never believed the whole ‘I didn’t mean it to happen.’

But that’s what exactly happened. It just did. There was no real feeling in their movements when they were dancing, when their lips met, nor was there any real passion when skin met skin in the dark Metropolis night. But there was something that made him want more, as there was something that made her come to his mansion three nights ago.

“Hey Lex, what’s on your mind? You seem to be pretty preoccupied.”

Lex gave a small smile to Clark. “Nothing much. How was school?”

Clark just shrugged as he grinned his than you at the waitress who brought him his drink. “So, are you still having dinner with Chloe tonight?”

Lex forced himself to pay attention and nodded. “I’m picking her up tonight.”

Clark gave a knowing grin as he observed his friend. He was glad Lex and Chloe got together. After all, he was completely happy with his relationship with Lana, and wanted his friends to know how it feels like to be happy. “So, where are you going?”

“Just at this little Italian place that I know.”

Clark rolled his eyes. Little, yeah right. Like Lex Luthor would ever go to a ‘little’ place. “Oh yeah, did Chloe tell you about her internship with Gotham Express?”

“She hasn’t stopped talking about it.” Lex said dryly as he felt that familiar tug of uncertainty. He knew Chloe was looking forward to working there for the summer, completely away from home, and away from him… as much as she suggested, quite coyly that he could stay with her. There was that nagging feeling of fear that she would find someone better, and that her independence would lead her away from him. A reason why he felt strangely drawn to the complete opposite of the girl he loved. There was a sense of familiarity, strength, and comfort that things would never change. With Chloe, her emotions ran high, her thoughts were faster than a bullet train, her strength to take challenged head on and blow the competition away. “She suggested that I join her a few days in Gotham.”

Clark nodded in agreement. “You do know that the first thing she’ll do is investigate the supposed to be ‘Dark Knight’ right?”

And Lex fell deeper into that feeling of uncertainty. He knew of Chloe’s past feelings for Clark the hero. The saviour who has saved her life in more than one occasion. How would Chloe feel to be faced with such a man in Gotham? His eyes travelled around the Talon before he stood up. “I just need to get something from my office…”

“Okay.” Clark said, confused on what could be distracting Lex. He looked around for his girlfriend and frowned when she was nowhere in sight.

“Penny for your thoughts?”

Clark brightened as he saw Chloe sit across him. “So, how was history?”

“Don’t remind me. I just can’t wait for this year to be over…”

Chloe nodded as she looked around. “Hey, is Lex here?”

Clark nodded. “Yeah. He said he was just going to his office.”

“I’ll go and visit him then,” Chloe said as she winked at Clark who looked at her in mock disgust.

“Maybe I should go with you. The last thing Lana needs is some frisky business in the premises.”

Chloe laughed as the two of them walked to the direction of the office while Chloe took something out of her bag. “What do you think? I got it for Lex.”

Clark observed the leather wallet and nodded. “He’ll love it. I’m sure.”

Chloe grinned as she opened the door to his office, and her face turned white at the sight of Lana and Lex kissing, hands all over each other in heated caress, neither noticing the other occupants in the room.

“Lana?”

Clark’s voice was a choked whisper as his girlfriend and his best friend stopped and looked at them, guilt written across their faces.

Chloe stood silently, hands gripped as she watched the two hastily button their shirts. “I’m going home, Clark. I feel sick.”

“Chloe, wait!”

Chloe ignored Lex as she stalked away from him. “Stay away from me.”

Lex caught up with her and Chloe pulled her arms away when he tried to hold her. “Why?”

“I never meant it to happen. Chloe, I would never hurt you on purpose…”

She tried to stop the tears. “Ah. That makes me feel so much better, Lex. What happens now?”

“I think it’s better if we just cool it off for a while… I just…”

Chloe didn’t wait for Lex to finish as she turned around and walked away from him.

“Chloe!”

“You want to cool off?” Chloe asked angrily as she grabbed a pitcher of water and dumped it on Lex. “There, I hope that’s cool enough for you, Mr. Luthor.” Chloe spat out as she took the emerald promise ring and threw it at Lex. “So much for your promises.”

Lex stood there, while the rest of the Talon stood in complete silence. Shocked at how a fourth year high school student could just splash Lex Luthor with water and walk out of the door alive.

“Chloe, wait!” Lex still stood as Clark brushed past him to run after his friend. He stood inside and watched as Clark pulled Chloe towards him who resisted, before finally wrapping her arms around him as she cried.

“What are we going to do?”

Lex turned to see Lana, her eyes red as she stared at Clark and Chloe. “I never wanted to hurt them.”
She said softly as they watched Clark whisper words of comfort into Chloe’s ears. “What are we going to do?”

Lex spoke the truth with his next words. “I don’t know.”

EnD fic

*looks around in fear* Well, there is a reason why this was posted in the angst category
Sorry if I didn’t put the Lex/Lana warning at the top, but I kinda wanted to pull you guys in….

*falls down on knees* HAVE MERCY!!!

If Lana started out with Whitney, kinda got together with Clark, hooks up with Lex, but ends up with Pete, what does that make her?!?

Megs
18th August 2003, 13:06
I love it!*hides* yes i love it i want this to be a long fic not a just one time thing. Make this into an epic you have the talent girlie use it!

Megs

staysixkid
18th August 2003, 14:13
WT*??? Say What!?

YOU CAN NOT END IT THERE! THAT IS NOT FAIR! Ok, the shock of it at first nearly killed me! My heart is still hurting from all the pounding, and I'm shaking with anger!

However! I will admit...it was good! And I have to agree, You CAN NOT....CAN NOT end it there! I want to see Chloe bounce back and Lex to beg on his knees! Oh..and something to happen to Lana....

whatever you do, you HAVE TO FINISH THIS!

Right now...I am too shocked for words, so I might have to come back later to write a better review. I'm too...tooo...I have to go!

OMG! I had to come back and say this...

This story is SUCH a lexana fic! *shakes head* What are you trying to do to us?? :huh: *graps chest*..heart hurts...*

Blaire023
18th August 2003, 15:03
I...I....I have mixed feelings. Not used to mixed feelings.

Okay, I love this because Chloe left his ass instead of waiting for an excuse. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR LEXANA!

And I like that she stood up to him and poured water on him and *kicks lex while he's down* cheating bastard

*sets pink sweater Lana is wearing on fire* BURN BURN BURN

*breathes deeply*

I think mostly because I relate to Chloe more than I do to any of the characters that I totally see me reflected in this fic. *glares at Lex and lana* fuckheads

~B

Carina
18th August 2003, 15:13
*Prepares the blowtorch* Hee... No, just kidding. ;) I loved it. It was nicely written and you expressed Lex's reason for turning to Lana very well. I understood why Lex would choose the stability Lana represents over the uncertain future with Chloe. Life with Chloe would be hot and cold, whereas life with Lana would be forever tepid and comfortable, which is something Lex would see as a positive after his childhood, his father, and his relationships with Victoria and Helen. And I think Lana did it just because she loves the attention and needs to believes she's every man's undoing. But just because I understand it doesn't mean I don't think they should both hang for hurting Chloe. :devil:

"There was that nagging feeling of fear that she would find someone better, and that her independence would lead her away from him."

Yeah, he's called Bruce Wayne and he's just waiting for Chloe's call in the sequel.

sabby
18th August 2003, 16:21
Ok, errr yeah *deep breath* WHY LANA?!?!? Ok maybe not the reaction one would expect at first, but never the less. Ok it was good and well it made me want to whip out my butcherknife and kill a certain bald guy and brunette fairy princess and well hmmm. A sequel would definitely be nice, yeah. So go write it

hugs,
Sabby

scorpio
18th August 2003, 16:43
Wait...say this isn´t the end. :ohmy:
Lex turned to Lana? :huh: Can I say ewww? *sigh* That´s just wrong.
I´m glad Chloe didn´t wait around for some lame excuse from Lex.
Now it´s time for Chloe to go to Gotham and meet 'The Dark Knight'. That will give Lex something to think about.

This is good, continue soon. :)

Julie
18th August 2003, 17:31
Story closed due to lack of rating.

PM the moderator assigned to this section, let her know which story this concerns, what the problem was, and what the rating is and she'll fix it. Feel free to copy the message below

Category: Angst
Story: Who Wins? 1/1
Problem: Lack of rating in both title and in story.

Julie

Czech Angel
19th August 2003, 19:28
Ok, I don't know exactly what's going on when a story is closed, but all I know is you just can't leave it there!
Because now from all the Lexana I have the insane urge to kill something.*Hurries off to find axe*
Btw Lex is an asshole!

bluemoongirl23
19th August 2003, 23:40
*whips out a lasso* Ok, get back here right now before I have to use thing thing and explain what the hell is going on!

Blue

Elviriel
31st August 2003, 05:12
:crygreen: Aww I hated it. Not the fic but Lex and Lana. Ewwwwww. Your fic is great but it,s just lex and lana ... ewwwwwww. Huge Ewww and Eurk and aouch

seraphic
31st August 2003, 14:59
man, i don't believe this! Lexana???!!! NOOO!! this is so not happening.. well, you write well but LEXANA?! NOOO! hahah, okayy i'm getting a little carried away here but i repeat, i don't see why lex would give up chloe for that pink cheerleader. sighs* oh well..

cher :chlexsign4: :wub: LEX! :wub:

happy bunny
31st August 2003, 17:57
Why would anyone pick Lana over Chloe??? Especially someone as smart (or at least I used to think he was smart) as Lex.

The story was well written but I still give it a great big EWWWWWW! :puke: Lexana, is there anything grosser?

I'm really pissed at Lex now. I hope Chloe teaches him and Lana a lesson. :die:

starmoon
14th May 2005, 22:32
you can't end it like that please write more or make a sequel were lex and chloe make up and end up happy together please. i cried whlie i wrote this. i HATE lana and i even hate lex a little.

arkakitty
10th July 2005, 19:46
o,O you just left it hanging? No fair.....

But the story was really great (well, despite the 'minor' shock in the end....)

pipersmum
13th August 2005, 23:55
I can't believe that Lex would choose Lana over Chloe :wth:
Lexana is just sick but even though this is how i feel, the story was still well written but i was just a little disappointed :nono: