PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Still Here (Completed) G

Blaire023
13th August 2003, 22:14
Title: Still Here
Author: Blaire
Archive: Go ahead, you don't have to ask.
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I don't own any character of SV and I don't own the lyrics to the song, I'm pretty sure they belong to Johnny Reznik.
Summary: Can Chloe give Lex what he wants?

Still Here

I am a question to the world
Not an answer to be heard
Or a moment that's held in your arms

His eyes followed her languid movements as she balanced a tray on the palm of her hand, she carefully moved about the coffee house, distributing caffeine beverages left and right, with a grace he didn't know she possessed. Her smile met his line of sight as he stared blankly across the room. Only it wasn't meant for him this time. It was met for someone else. How he wanted so badly for her to turn her bright smile on him and only him. Her flash of white teeth, her lips curling at the corners, her eyes sparkling as they squinted together. Lex stood, straightened his suit and tossed a bill onto the table for her tip. He would have her fired tomorrow.

And what do you think you'd ever say?
I won't listen anyway
You don't know me
And I'll never be what you want
Made of pain

"GAH!" Chloe screamed as a body pushed up against her and the scalding java splashed against her chest. She grabbed a nearby stack of napkins, patting at the hot liquid running down her front. Lex stood there completely surprised as she didn't turn around and berate him for not watching where he was going. She just worked at patting the liquid off the front of her shirt, the thin material made the pattern of lace edged around her bra clear to any wandering eyes. He noticed she had discarded her tray on a nearby empty table. Coffee contents filled it to the edge. She muttered under her breath and without turning around to look at who had carelessly bumped into her she lined her tray with napkins, hoping to soak up some of the mess, and made her way to the backroom to find an extra shirt or something of the sort.

And what do you think you'd understand?
I'm a boy, no, I'm a man
You can't take me, and throw me away

She didn't look at him twice. She had felt his presence behind her and thought it wise not to ruin her first week on the job by ripping the co owner a new asshole. She ran her hands over her face and looked around the room quickly, assessing her surroundings. She found a stack of boxes in the far corner. Tearing the tape off she realized it was full of black tshirts. The Talon, etched across the back of it in a fiery red script. She pulled her shirt off over her head, making sure she was free of any wondering eyes and quickly replaced it of one of the work shirts. She appeared once again behind the counter and shoved her wet shirt into a bag and then into her purse. When her head poked up again from behind the counter she met blue grey eyes staring intently at her.

And how can you learn what's never shown?
Yeah you stand here on your own
They don't know me, 'cause I'm not here

"Mr. Luthor." Her smile completely fake. She never smiled at him, not a real one, atleast. "What can I do for you." Her forehead creased as Lex stood his ground. Not sure completely of what he wanted. "Your usual, or perhaps the books to go over?"

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on, and feel I belong

Lex clenched his jaw and slowly worked the muscle there, Chloe's eyes fixed on it as he conjured up his words. Mentally he inhaled and exhaled slowly, taking his time. A line of people formed behind him and he moved to one side, standing between two barstools. "Just the books." Chloe nodded and began taking an order mentally as she leaned down behind the counter and retrieved the book from it's resting place beneath the cash register. "Thanks." he muttered and she nodded absently, going about her duties, filling coffee mugs left and right.

It was the smile she never showed him, the hair he couldn't touch or smell. Off Limits posted all around her, like crime scene tape. He just wanted to touch or taste her skin. Claim her as his. But he didn't know her, and she didn't know him. Not to mention the fact that a simple smile from her was all he wanted. And to maybe trace the welcoming with his fingertips or tongue. It just amazed him that he could walk into a room and it seemed to become more quiet, darker, drearier. Chloe could walk into a room and the laughter would commence soon after, her smile would shine through and the room would suddenly light up, just as her eyes did when she'd zone out, wiping down the counter and tables.

And how can the world want me to change?
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me, but I'm still here

Chloe looked up to the table Lex had been sitting at and the bills he left their as her tip. She fought internally whether or not to take his money. She was aware of his presence in his office. Taking the books there to look over them as he did almost every friday. The crowd had thinned out considerably and she was the last waitress there. Walking from table to table, wiping down the tops and chairs as she hefted them upside down to rest for the evening. Would he ever really notice her there? She doubted it.

And you see the things they never see
All you wanted, I could be
Now you know me, and I'm not afraid

He felt her watching him from the doorway so when he lifted his eyes to meet hers she was unsurprised to see the calmness there. "I'm locking up for the night." Her voice soft, yet carried through the emptiness of the old abandoned theater.

And I wanna tell you who I am
Can you help me be a man?
They can't break me
As long as I know who I am

Lex nodded and turned his eyes back down to the binder laid out in front of him. Her figure still gracing his doorway. Looking back up at her she smiled shyly and tilted her head. "Should I leave the lights on?"

They can't tell me who to be
'Cause I'm not what they see
Yeah the world is still sleeping
While I keep on dreaming for me

"That's fine, Miss Sullivan." Lex said as his eyes left hers and traveled back down to the blurred figures in front of him.

"It's Chloe." She replied as she turned and walked away.

And their words are just whispers and lies
That I'll never believe

Lex's eyes returned to the doorway although he knew she wasn't there. The warmth she created just a few seconds ago now gone as well as the energy that hummed in the room. Pushing back from his desk he ran his hands over his face. "Chloe." he murmured and noticed the lights dim considerably.

And I want a moment to be real
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I belong

Chloe walked out to her car, unlocking her door as she settled her bag over her shoulder. "Chloe?" She looked up to see Lex standing at the wide glass double doors of the coffeeshop.

And how can they say I'll never change?
They're the ones that stay the same
I'm the one now, 'cause I'm still here
I'm the one son still here

"Lex?"

I'm still here

"Would you like to join me for coffee?" His head tilted back toward the door he held open. Chloe creased her brows together and a slow smile crept onto her face.

"Mr. Luthor, you do realize it's after midnight?" She turned her key the opposite way to lock her car back up and stuck her keys in her pocket. "Invite me in for coffee now and it might not be an easy task to get rid of me."

I'm still here

"I'll take my chances." Lex grinned at her as she walked up to him and smiled brightly. "And it's Lex."

Chloe's smile grew wider as she shook her head and let out a soft laugh. "Okay, Lex."

The End ...maybe

asharnanae
13th August 2003, 22:55
:biggrin: oh oh oh sequal!!! please!!!!!! this was great, Lex just wanting a smile from chloe, sweet!!! more more more!!

Tandy
13th August 2003, 23:40
:yay: sequel please! :yay: Oh, this was so sweet! Please do a sequel! :worship2:

Tandy

bluemoongirl23
13th August 2003, 23:41
I think the best part of the fic is the 'maybe'. Thank you B, may I have another. And, great job with a songfic, they're damn hard.

Blue

hfce
14th August 2003, 00:01
Aw that was nice :wub:

Hope

scifichick774
14th August 2003, 00:47
*squeal*

That was just...perfect. I loved it.

Now go write a sequel. ;)

shipperchick
14th August 2003, 02:38
*squee*

wonderful. hopeful and light and you hit just the right tone with their conversation at the end. perfect beginning for their relationship!

Zealot
14th August 2003, 02:59
Wow that's such a sweet piece! I just love reading those it just give you happy thoughts...

Brittany
14th August 2003, 05:37
:biggrin: That was so good!!! Maybe means yes, everybody knows that, so start writing!!!

vardaquareien
14th August 2003, 06:49
Wonderful beginning....now go write the rest!!! :biggrin:

sabby
14th August 2003, 09:23
beautiful little ficlet baby. You got more of that? If so, give! I really like it and I hope this is only the beginning

hugs,
Sabby

lunaluthor
17th August 2003, 15:27
there has to be a sequel right? :yay: :yay: :yay:

I love this story it is so sweet :wub:

peepsRfun2eat
18th August 2003, 21:02
you are doing a sequel right? if not i am ready to beg you. *gets down on knees* please please pretty please with sugar on top. *gets up and brushes self off* great story it was so sweet loved it.

:coffee:

happy bunny
27th August 2003, 01:26
That was so cute, how they both wanted each other but didn't know it. Loved that Lex was willing to make that first move. Adorable.

There must have been a typo. That 'The End' can't be right, even if it was followed by a maybe. Now if it were a TBC, it would be a different story.

Of course you're writing a sequel. How could you not? This is just too cute not to continue. So get to it.

....Please?

autumngold
12th October 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by asharnanae@Aug 13 2003, 10:55 PM
:biggrin: oh oh oh sequal!!! please!!!!!! this was great, Lex just wanting a smile from chloe, sweet!!! more more more!!
Thank you so much for the sequel!! I love both of your stories!! I hope you write more soon!! :chlexsign2:

staysixkid
12th October 2003, 15:14
A 'maybe' is always good. Excellent short fic....honestly deserving of sequel (?) :blush:

buffiy18
13th October 2003, 22:33
Great little fic... :chlexsign3: Glad you decided to do a sequal.

kirt30
14th October 2003, 00:12
oh can't wait to read the next part

Charmingjen
14th October 2003, 05:59
Wow, I really really liked it.... Oooo off to read the sequel...yay!

Jen :biggrin:

Sab_Luthor
14th October 2003, 12:51
A SEQUEL I S DEFINITELY REQUIRED

Ainur
7th November 2004, 06:51
Too cute! :wub:

buddyfozzy
7th November 2004, 23:54
This was so sweet! :wub: :chlexsign2:

randa
9th November 2004, 00:42