PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Weakness (R), October 29th, 2008

wistfulwatcher
9th August 2008, 07:41
Title: Weakness
Rating: R (Not until chapter 3-ish)
Spoilers: Onyx
Summary: When Chloe decides to investigate LuthorCorp, she ends up with a big problem (alternate “Onyx,” Chloe’s split instead).
A/N: Not sure if this has been done, but I’m assuming it has. Either way, this is my version of how the episode should’ve gone. It’ll be about eight chapters long, and I’ll try to post about once or twice a week. So, hopefully not too big of a commitment.
Disclaimer: I own nothing. No, seriously.

Reviews would make my day!

Prologue

“Are you sure you’ve corrected the problem, Dr. Sinclair?” Chloe Sullivan froze. The cool tone echoing from the room in front of her was unmistakable.

“Absolutely, Mr. Luthor. The simulations have all been positive.” Leaning forward, Chloe got a glimpse of the sterile lab. “Increasing the thermal variance by 98% should eliminate the separation impurity.”

Edging closer to the door, Chloe gulped. She’d been given a tip into a possible story, by one of her contacts in LuthorCorp; a very private meeting in lab 21B.

“Six months of this and all you had to do was turn up the heat?”

“It’s not that simple, Mr. Luthor. I mean, the composition of these meteor rocks is highly unusual. Calculating the exact temperature was a challenge.”

She’d been standing outside of the lab doors for just under five minutes, listening to a conversation she couldn’t follow. Being able to see it helped, now able to understand the discussion.

“One I hope you’re up to. If this works, I’ll leave a mark on the world no one will ever forget.” Chloe shifted another step closer, but stopped suddenly when her shoes echoed on the steel floor.

“It won’t hurt your bank account, either.” She sighed in relief as they continued to talk, obviously not hearing the clank. Chloe watched as they donned safety goggles, and took another small step forward. Lex had shifted to the side, and her view was now slightly obstructed.

The scientist, Dr. Sinclair, was sitting in front of the computer, now, and Chloe only heard bits of his commands. “Thermal output…” caused something to change, but she couldn’t see what.

“Subject seeds exposed to radiation,” sounded out an electronic voice, and then a faint green glow changed to purple. A small fan turned on after, and Chloe could no longer hear anything.

She glanced behind her nervously, before stepping through the open doors. The lab was blinding; gleaming fixtures even brighter because of the radiance.

“Molecular activity is exceeding—“ the rest of the sentence was cut off as she took a step forward. Her shoe caught on a chair leg, sending her to the floor. The noise startled the two men, both turning around just as she landed on the ground.

“Chloe? What are you—“ an urgent beeping interrupted him, the purple glow intensifying.

Chloe scrambled to her feet, both embarrassed at her fall, and intrigued by the sparkling light.

“What’s happening?” She heard Lex ask, taking a step closer to the meteor rock.

“The temperature’s climbing past the target range!” The two voices filtered to the background as Chloe stared. She was inches from the glass confinement around it, now, and she felt her hand move involuntarily to rest on the smooth surface.

“Turn it down!”

“I’m trying to! I’m trying!”

“Thermal levels exceeding safety parameters.” The even voice of the computer drew the attention of the men. Lex looked at the case, noticing Chloe’s proximity.

“Chloe! Get out of here, both of you!” Lex pushed Dr. Sinclair forward, and he ran out the door. Lex started to follow, but noticed that Chloe was not coming. “Chloe!” He screamed, trying to get her attention, but to no avail.

Lex pulled on her arm, and she shook her head, realizing what was happening. “Lex? Get out of here!” She pushed him forward, and he hit his head on the table in front of him. She tried to get to him, but before she could make it, a blinding purple light exploded, and Chloe felt something deep inside.

Her body shook from the force, making her scream out. A second later it was over, and she dropped to the ground, overwhelmed. Lex turned to her, confusion, worry, and fear evident on his face.

“Are you alright?” Chloe nodded numbly, confused about the last few minutes. “Here,” he extended his hand, helping her up. “We need to get you to a hospital.” Chloe nodded again, and Lex led her from the smoking, tattered lab.

TBC...

planetcal
9th August 2008, 07:59
Interesting start I don't think I've ever read a story about Chloe being split. Can't wait to read more soon.

purplemoon123
9th August 2008, 08:14
Interesting!!! I don't think I've seen a version of Onyx in which Chloe is the one being split. Can't wait to see how you split Chloe's personality into two.

dagney
9th August 2008, 13:18
Oh I'm giggling and rubbing my hands, this plot looks to be promising, Dagney

gecko
9th August 2008, 14:10
very intriguing start, can't wait to see what happens next, great work!

hfce
9th August 2008, 15:02
Great start more please... :)

superag
9th August 2008, 16:22
This one sounds like a lot of fun. Looking forward to more of it.

Kit Merlot
9th August 2008, 16:34
This is quite an interesting beginning--can't wait for more;)

kcsgirl82
9th August 2008, 19:30
Two Chloes this is going to be awesome!!!
Lex won't know what hit him.

Zannie
11th August 2008, 13:33
Chloe scrambled to her feet, both embarrassed at her fall, and intrigued by the sparkling light.

It sounds random, but I love this line. Even though it's just part of the narrative, it seems to capture the two central aspects of Chloe's character. I can just see Chloe mesmerized by the "sparkling light."

Sounds like a promising premise. And, strangely enough, I can't remember another fic that has done it already. But you need to beef up your updates. 7000 words at the mininum is my motto. Heheh. More please.

SVfan1286
12th August 2008, 03:31
Interesting beginning! I don't rememeber ever reading a story with Chloe split.. Lex yes, but not Chloe... I look forward to reading more!!

Gaia
13th August 2008, 23:58
I want to read more! Such an interesting idea.

Impress
14th August 2008, 01:03
Like everyone else, I too am intrigued by the premise and the begining. More soon.

karila
15th August 2008, 00:08
Great beginning!
I hope that you will write more soon.

BeachBabi
16th August 2008, 06:20
Great Update but why does it say it was updated august 15th when the last one was the 9th is there something wrong with my computer?

wistfulwatcher
16th August 2008, 07:21
Sorry for the momentary confusion, BeachBabi--something didn't post correctly.

Thank you so much for all the positive feedback! And it's great to hear that no one so far has read a story with this premise.

Oh, and about the comment on the length; sorry Zannie, some of us aren't as gloriously prolific as you :) I will try to make my updates longer, however this isn't going to be much longer than five or six chapters, anyway.

Chapter One

“Really, I’m fine.” Chloe guided Clark’s hand from her cheek. There was a minor bruise from her fall, but nothing serious.

She was hoping the same could be said for Lex. She’d seen him hit his head, as she pushed him away from the light, but he’d run off before the doctor could get to him. He hadn’t been bleeding, but that didn’t mean anything.

He’d driven her, wordlessly, to the hospital, and then followed her into her exam room. They both waited in the small room for a few minutes, with Chloe staring at his bald head the whole time.

He looked fine, though he was staring blankly at the wall. Chloe had briefly worried about a concussion, but before she could say anything, the doctor entered the room.

Lex had given the doctor a surprisingly detailed description of what happened, considering the secrecy of his meeting. And he’d stayed very close by as the doctor gave Chloe a range of x-rays and scans.

They both stayed silent for the duration of the exam, only murmuring answers when needed. Finally, the doctor concluded that Chloe was perfectly healthy, and, satisfied, Lex had immediately left the room.

The doctor nodded to Chloe, and followed him out, leaving her to sit there alone. She’d been given an ice pack for her cheek, but she set it down now, opting instead to call Clark. She wasn’t quite sure why she needed to call him at one in the morning, to let him know she had a bruise on her cheek, but she found herself in front of the payphone, nonetheless.

Dialing, she absentmindedly looked for Lex, wondering where he’d fled to. As the dial tone droned in her ear, she saw him leaving the exam room at the end of the hall. She quickly turned to face the phone, not wanting him to see her staring.

“Hello?” Chloe flinched at the drowsy tone of Mr. Kent. Panicking, Chloe hung up the phone, and headed back to her room. She sat down on the hard table, and brought the ice pack back up to her cheek.

She just sat there a moment, realizing that she’d hung up on Mr. Kent. A rush of guilt swept her, as she shrunk a little in her seated position. Before she could figure out why she’d hung up, however, Clark burst into the room.

“Chloe?” He’d rushed to her side, immediately lowering the hand holding the ice pack. “Does it hurt?” He looked intently at her cheek, and Chloe had blushed, ducking her head.

“I’m fine. What are you doing here?” Clark’s hand stayed on her cheek, but he looked her in the eye this time.

“Lex called me.” Tilting her face slightly, Clark furrowed his brow as he looked at her cheek. “It’s not broken.” Looking at Chloe’s curious look, he added, “I mean, I don’t think it’s broken. Are you sure you’re OK?”

“Really, I’m fine,” Chloe said, as she guided his hand away from her face. “Um…you said Lex called you?”

Clark stood up straight, putting a little bit of distance between them. “Yeah. He told me about some accident at his lab. But he didn’t explain why you were there.” At Chloe’s shameful look, Clark prodded. “Chloe? Why were you there?”

“She was helping me.” Both teens looked at the exam room door, noticing Lex standing in front of it. “I asked her to drop by some information I asked her to get me, and there was an accident in my lab.” Lex met Clark’s cold stare before asking him, “Can you give us a minute?”

“Don’t you think—“

“Will you give me a ride home, Clark? I’ll meet you downstairs.” Chloe watched hopefully, as Clark turned from Lex to Chloe. He smiled gently, and nodded, then left the room.

“Are you alright?” Chloe looked worriedly at Lex, not moving, but scanning his head.

“What?” Lex looked confused, then lightly shook his head. “I think so. I was just checking on Dr. Sinclair. He seems to be doing fine.” Lex stepped further into the room.

“Good. But you should let them look at your head.” At his strong eye contact, Chloe looked down, and added, “I mean, if you want to.”

“I’ve been hit in the head enough times to know when I need medical attention.”

There was a pause, then Lex sighed. “Ok, Chloe. It’s time for you to tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“Why were you at my lab? Uninvited at midnight?”

Why were you having a meeting at midnight? Chloe almost asked the question, but held back. “I heard something was happening, and I wanted to know what.”

Lex’s jaw twitched. He started to speak, but stopped himself, taking another minute to collect his thoughts. “Investigating a private lab, at midnight, when you know something is going on in the lab, is a very bad idea.”

Lex sat with that for a moment, as though deciding if he liked the sound of it. “You could have left with a lot more than a bruise on the cheek.” Waiting a moment more, he added in a quiet, but not soft, voice, “Or not at all.”

Waiting to see if he was finished, Chloe spoke in an equally quiet voice, “I’m sorry, Lex.” A million smart ass remarks popped into her head, but she refrained. Somehow, she felt she couldn’t voice them.

Lex nodded, and moved toward the door. “I trust you won’t break in again?” It was only a half question; Chloe knew he was serious. She just nodded, and Lex left the room.

Lex shifted through the rubble. He picked up the computer screen that lay in front of him, and closed his eyes. He tossed it to the side, and shifted through the central pile of debris.

On the very bottom level, he found the seeds he’d been testing, as though they’d melted through the enclosure they’d been in, and fell to the floor. They were all burnt and fragile, dissolving to ash with the slightest touch.

Lex got up from the seeds on the floor, and walked over to a lab table in the corner of the room. A thick binder of papers lay undisturbed on the clean table, the metal staircase having blocked the whole table from the blast.

“Find anything salvageable?” Lex turned to face the voice behind him, his temples pounding briefly as he processed the voice now in front of him.

“Chloe. I thought Clark was taking you home.” Chloe smiled and shook her head. The movement drew Lex’s attention to her earrings, or, rather, the lack of one of them. The rest of her was in the same condition; brown jacket with a rip across the left sleeve, purple flower hanging off the lapel, pink striped shirt rumpled from the fall, and green baggy cargo pants singed on various pockets.

The disarray of her clothing drew Lex to the ridiculousness of the outfit itself, and he restrained a hallow laugh as Chloe answered his question. “Now,” she began, sauntering over to him, “why would I want Clark, of all people to give me a ride?” She emphasized the last word, as she gave Lex a darkened look.

Lex looked at her curiously, confused at the almost complete change of attitude. When he’d left her at the hospital, just twenty minutes ago, she’d been timid, almost submissive as he’d lectured her. But now…

It was as if someone had flipped a switch, from the two extremes. Focusing back on the current conversation, Lex offered, “Because you asked him to. I can see why that would be confusing for you. Asking for a ride and then ditching it.”

“Oh, I couldn’t go home yet.” Chloe smirked, moving even closer to Lex. “I feel awful about what happened tonight.” She placed her hands on his chest, and took one step closer, so she was just inches from him. “I couldn’t leave without making it up to you.”

“Chloe, I—“

“Any way I could.” Lex blinked. He’d seen playful, flirtatious Chloe before, but this was something entirely different—this was a full come on.

“Chloe, not only did I tell you not to come back here, but you need rest.” He gently disentangled her hands from his chest. “Is Clark downstairs, waiting for you?”

“God, Lex! I told you I didn’t get a ride from him. Will you focus?”

Nervously, Lex asked, “Focus?”

“I told you I want to make it up to you.” She licked her lips. “Just tell me how.”

Lex coughed uncomfortably, and said, “I’ll just have a car bring you home.”

Huffing slightly, Chloe closed her eyes. “Lex, just. Hmm. I can get myself home.” She spun on her heel, then, and left Lex in the lab.

The next morning, Chloe was sitting in the Torch office, staring at the screen in front of her.

“Is my name going to be featured in this weeks headline?” Chloe looked up to see Lex standing in the doorway.

Blushing, Chloe shook her head, and looked back at the screen. Lex walked over to see the screen.

It was blank. “Don’t you have to put this to bed tomorrow?” Chloe gulped and nodded.

“I just can’t seem to write any stories. I can think of the idea, and start some interviews, but I can’t finish any of them.”

After a moment of quiet, Lex cleared his throat. “Chloe, I think we should talk about last night.”

“Lex, I said I was sorry.”

“No, not… I mean, what happened after the hospital.” Chloe looked up at him.

“What? What are you talking about?” Lex stared at Chloe.

“Your behavior last night. It was…” Chloe furrowed her brow, and looked at him strangely. “Fine. Nothing happened last night. We’ll forget it.”

“Lex, nothing happened. After the hospital, Clark took me home. Did you get back OK? I told you to get your head checked out.”

Lex looked off to the side. He felt his head—nothing hurt. He nodded anyway, and excused himself, hurrying out the door.

He questioned himself, wondering who was right. Had Chloe gone home, or did she go back to the lab?

TBC…

hfce
16th August 2008, 07:53
Oh there are two Chloe's. Where is the other one? :eek: More please...

Gaia
16th August 2008, 10:59
Yeah, where is the other Chloe. They both should be at the Torch.

Kit Merlot
16th August 2008, 14:05
What a great update!

I like how obviously worried Lex is about Chloe, but her snooping reporter ways will always lead her into trouble. She just has to get better at getting out of trouble.

And this line alone:

Nervously, Lex asked, “Focus?”

made the update;) It would seem that Lex is not used to being in the role of prey:D

Please continue as fast as you can:D

gecko
16th August 2008, 16:18
interesting update, loved how confused lex was at the end trying to figure everything out.
can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the great work!

Impress
17th August 2008, 04:06
Good update. I like the two sides of Chloe. I wonder how long it will take Lex and Clark to realize there are two Chloes. And I'm curious where Assertive Chloe went if not home. I'm assuming she didnt go home since she didnt' run into herself. More soon.

Zannie
17th August 2008, 13:23
I'm liking this. I love the idea of poor Lex confused and disoriented by two Chloe's running around. And one of them hitting on him! Heheh.

You knew I was joking about the length of the updates, right? Only a crazy person would write updates as long as I do. I'm constantly trying to force myself to cut back.

I'm looking forward to more.

SVfan1286
18th August 2008, 22:13
Fantastic update! I'm loving the two Chloe's and confused Lex is adorable. I do wonder though were badassChloe went after leaving the lab? Anyways, I can't wait to read more!!

wistfulwatcher
22nd August 2008, 07:59
A/N: Thank you all so much for the positive feedback; I never seem to get very much, and it means so much to me when I do. Thank you!

Warning: Graphic sex ahead. (Thanks Zannie)

Chapter Two

Lex leaned back in his office chair. He was sitting in his study, laptop open in front of him. He’d been trying to work on his newest business proposal, but he kept getting distracted.

When he’d talked to Chloe earlier, she’d seemed genuinely confused; no recollection of her behavior the night before.

But something wasn’t sitting right with Lex. He’d hit his head many times before, and this didn’t seem the same. He was sure that Chloe had come on to him, in his lab, less than twelve hours earlier.

Groaning, Lex brought his hands up to his bald head, attempting to massage away the headache that was already forming. After a few minutes he gave up, and rose from the chair.

He was going to talk to Chloe, and get everything straightened out.

Lex stood in front of the small apartment, barely resisting the urge to shift uncomfortably. He was a strong, controlled man, but the thought of discussing Chloe coming onto him was undeniably awkward.

Still, he’d never shied away from battle before, so, knocking, Lex waited.

Unfortunately, he hadn’t prepared himself for the sight before him. Chloe stood in the doorway, hair rumpled, mascara and eyeliner heavy on her eyes, and dressed in some decidedly un-Chloe clothes; a deep burgundy corset, mini skirt, and patent leather thigh-high boots.

Lex cleared his throat, but made eye contact. “Can I come in?” Chloe said nothing, as she moved to the side, and gave him a wide smile.

Lex felt a brief wave of guilt as he took in his surroundings; the cramped rooms, the low-grade furniture, and the cheap fixtures. But he turned around, and watched as Chloe shut the door.

And locked it.

“Can I help you?” Chloe was smirking. Lex looked her in the eye, though, and forced himself to do what he came here to.

“Chloe, about last night; I know—“ Chloe’s smirk turned into a flirty grin as she moved closer, and put her right hand on his chest.

“I knew you’d change your mind,” she whispered, and kissed him. At the first touch of her lips, Lex started to pull back; both surprised and uncomfortable. But as Lex felt her tongue swipe his bottom lip, he reconsidered.

He let his lips open, hers slipping across as they parted. Lex’s arm drew around her waist, as the kiss grew more passionate. Capturing Chloe’s upper lip between his teeth, he gently sucked, evoking a small moan.

After a moment, Lex noticed a familiar sweetness on her lips, her tongue, her teeth. Pulling back abruptly, Lex squinted at her. “Have you been drinking?”

Chloe, who’d been unknowingly copying his serious face, started to smile, before bursting into laughter. Lex watched her, as she slowly calmed down. Facing him, she gave him an amused look, and said, “Well, duh. That’s what you do at a club.” She twisted her lips a moment, before adding, “well, and dance with hot strangers.”

Had Lex not been a billionaire, he would have gaped. Instead, he settled for closing his eyes and dropping his head. “What?” he managed to choke out.

“A club. I went clubbing…” She trailed off, waiting for him to acknowledge what she’d just said. When he looked up, she added, “Hey. Just ‘cause you turned me down doesn’t mean the whole male population went blind.” Licking her lips, she went on, “Seems to me I did fine.”

“Chloe…” Lex took a deep breath. “How did you…where did you go clubbing in Smallville?”

“Who said anything about Smallville?” She smiled, then laughed softly. “Oh, I forgot.” Reaching into her cleavage, Chloe extracted a single key on a ring. “I borrowed your Ferrari. It just sits in your garage, and I needed to get to Metropolis.” She tossed the keys to him, and he barely caught them, overwhelmed at her actions.

“Lex? You OK?”

Lex shook his head. “OK? You’re asking me if I’m OK?” Lex stepped closer to Chloe. “Chloe, I don’t know what’s gotten into you.” Pausing for a minute, Lex added, “If you went to Metropolis, how did you make it to school today?”

Ignoring the question, Chloe reached out, and put her hands on Lex’s slim hips. “’What’s gotten into me’? Are you worried about me, Lex?” She raised herself slightly on her toes, the heels of the boots already bringing her close to his height. Her mouth now just inches from his, she murmured, “That’s so…” she brushed her lips against his quickly. “Cute.”

Lex pulled back, and Chloe stumbled on the heels of her boots. “What’s going on? You weren’t acting this way this morning. Chloe, I think you need to go to the doctor again.” Chloe snorted, and turned around.

“You know,” Chloe started, getting an idea. “At Crash last night, I got so many free drinks, I lost count.” She turned around, a gleam in her eye, as she stalked toward Lex. As she stepped forward, he fought the urge to step back, opting to sit on the table behind him. “First was the blonde. He sent me a martini—no, that was the other blonde. This one sent me a gin and tonic. Or was it a rum and coke?”

Chloe stepped forward, now nose to nose with Lex, due to the height of the table. She continued to tease him, now turning her head to the side. She put her index finger on her lips, as she pretended to think. “Hmm. Well, I know someone sent me a shot of tequila.” She looked him in the eye, and continued. “It’s hard to remember this after a night of shots, and random grinding.”

Lex was about to speak, but Chloe had to add one more thing; “Oh, I couldn’t accept their drinks without the proper show of,” she smirked, drawling the last word; “gratitude.”

Before she knew it, Lex’s hand was wound in her messy hair. Their lips joined in a bruising kiss, soon becoming red and swollen from the recent friction. Chloe pulled back, grinning, before letting out a long moan, as Lex’s teeth found her neck.

“You know,” Chloe choked out as Lex fisted his hand in the ribbon tie on her back. “After all of those drinks…”

Lex cut her off. He slid off of the table, and spun them around, pushing Chloe onto her back on the hard surface. Breaking away, he asked, “Where did you get these?”

Assuming he was talking about the clothes he was currently wrestling off of her, she giggled. “You never go clubbing by yourself. Lois loaned them to me.” That seemed to motivate him further, as he quickly untied the ribbon, and pulled the corset off. Chest now bare, Lex nipped and kissed her breasts, pausing to lave attention on her nipple.

“God, Lex…” She moaned, trailing off as his lean fingers unzipped and pulled down her short jean skirt, along with the panties underneath. “Mmm…boots…” She felt his hands trail from her ass to the back of her thighs, and smirked as he avoided the zipper on the boots.

Removing her hands from the back of his head, Chloe quickly unbuttoned Lex’s plum shirt, and pushed it off his shoulders. Pulling herself up, she buried her nose in his shoulder, and inhaled.

Dragging her teeth across his pulse point, he hissed, and murmured, “Chlo…” his voice catching at the end, dropping the last syllable. Her deft hands unbuckled his dress pants, and pushed them to the floor.

Lex finished pulling them off, but had to pull away from Chloe’s chest, earning a groan of disappointment. He smirked as he removed the rest of his clothing, before returning to her stomach.

“Lex, now…” Chloe gasped, as his tongue edged closer and closer to her most sensitized flesh.

Lex stood up, pulling Chloe with him. Automatically wrapping her legs around his waist, Lex pulled her off the table. As he walked her over to the couch, the base of his cock bumped against her slick skin, eliciting a deep groan from both of them.

Lex finally reached the couch, the short walk seeming much longer due to their current condition. Setting her on the back of the couch, Lex leaned down and kissed her, their mouths coming together furiously, as Chloe felt Lex guide his cock to her entrance.

Moving his mouth to the hallow of her collarbone, Lex thrust forward, sheathing most of his hard flesh inside of her, as he bit down gently. Chloe felt him let out a little gasp, followed by, “Tight…” as she adjusted around him.

Once she was relaxed, she shifted her hips, taking him in even further. “Lex…move, now…” Chloe bossed, before Lex followed her command. He started thrusting slowly, all the while keeping contact with her neck, her breasts, her throat.

As Lex moved, Chloe held onto him, her nails digging into his back, his shoulders. Picking up the pace, Chloe felt her head start to slip off the back of the couch. Her ass was resting on the arm of the sofa, her body at an incline, matching the rise of the back. It was a narrow ledge, and with each deep thrust of his hips, Chloe came closer and closer to falling onto the seats.

Grunting, “Fuck!” as Chloe’s inner muscles clenched in her efforts to stay where she was, Lex moved more erratically. Both knowing the other was close to reaching their climax, Chloe fluttered her most intimate flesh, as Lex plunged deeper, and harder.

Moving too fast, Lex bumped Chloe’s clit, causing her to falter, and slip onto the couch cushions. This new position forced Lex in even deeper, and they both moaned at the deep contact. Lex gripped the shiny leather of Chloe’s boots, and pulled her legs higher in the air.

The latest change in position put the right pressure on her clit, and she tensed, her back arching as she panted, “Lex…”

Lex’s climax immediately followed, as he thrust deeply, one last time, before slumping over the arm of the couch.

After taking a moment to catch their breath, Lex pressed one last kiss to Chloe’s neck, before pulling back. As he stood up, Chloe’s knees rested by his hip bones, though she was still lying on her back.

“Lex?!” Lex quickly turned, hearing his named screeched behind him. In the doorway stood Chloe Sullivan, as she’d looked this morning. “What are you doing here?” Her eyes widening, she added, “Naked, with…” Chloe trailed off, before gulping out, “me?”

TBC

purplemoon123
22nd August 2008, 09:47
Two updates, how awesome!!!

I love how meeting with the second Chloe unbalanced Lex. Then he meets her again and finds her in a different style of clothing and pulling a car key out of her boobs. *snicker* Can't wait for more.

Btw I think you ask the mods to move your story on over to the NC-17 section.

Gaia
22nd August 2008, 10:48
Oh this will be an intersting thing to explain to anyone....:D

daria_103
22nd August 2008, 13:29
I love the whole idea of this fic, I've never seen this twist on Onyx before. All the updates so far have been excellent, I can't wait for more.

peggy
22nd August 2008, 13:38
That was great, I love your fic

Zannie
22nd August 2008, 13:49
Heheh. Call me cheap and easy, but I'm so glad there's sex! What would a split-Chloe story be without some sexy-Chloe smut? I loved this--particularly Lex's hilarious bewilderment. And I just loved how he gave up his confusion and went for it. Clearly, he's been interested in Chloe for a while.

I think you're still mostly in R-territory here, and the rules say not to put it in NC-17 unless you're going to have at least three scenes. But some people have different ideas of what constitutes an NC-17 sex scene--there's a huge range in the NC-17 section--so you might just include a little warning at the top of this chapter saying there's some graphic sex (so no one gets taken by surprise).

Great ending. I can't wait to see what happens now. Update soon.

dagney
22nd August 2008, 14:33
I'm giggling over the suprise ending who would think Chloe would wintness Lex well xxxing her LOL. This is really funny and naughty Lex, what excuse going to be. Dagney

SVfan1286
22nd August 2008, 18:05
Poor Chloe, finding Lex in her apartment, naked, with.. well her. *giggles* Too funny. The smut was hot though. I'm loving this kick ass Chloe, going clubbing and being a all around dare devil. The key between the boobs was awesome. LOl I wonder what Lex's reaction will be after he realizes that there's two Chloe's and that he had sex with the more outrageous one?

Another cool chapter... I can't wait to read more!!

Kit Merlot
23rd August 2008, 01:41
A great update filled with fabulous Chlex smut!

And now Lex knows that there are two Chloe--nice:D

hfce
23rd August 2008, 02:10
The sex was hot! But the ending had me laughing out loud. :rofl: Chloe catching Chloe with Lex. Lord the next chapter is going to be great!

superag
23rd August 2008, 04:08
The last line seriously sent me into gutter territory, threesome!!! Ok, now that I got that out, I love how confused Lex acts pretty much through the whole sex act with her. She's so much more fun this way than the woman that just walked through the door. Looking forward to more.

Impress
25th August 2008, 04:43
ROFL! How appropriate that Lex get caught with Chloe by Chloe. Good update. Looking forward to more.

wistfulwatcher
2nd September 2008, 07:51
Though it's slightly delayed, here is my update. Thank you for all the fabulous feedback--it's what I live for.

As for Chlex smut, there will be one more scene in the final chapter (only two after this one--I downsized :D ), if you can bear with me...or should I say 'bare'? He he.

Oh, and there will be more kick ass Chloe next chapter. Promise.

Lex froze. He stood there for a moment, naked in front of Chloe, and…Chloe. Closing his eyes at the intensity of the situation, Lex thought, I hate Smallville.

As he stood their, Chloe, standing in front of the door, felt very uncomfortable, to say the least. Turning her head to the side, she squeaked out, “Lex? Can you… um, put some clothes on? And…me…? Will you, too?”

Chloe closed her eyes tightly as she heard Lex rustling his pants. Catching a glimpse out of the corner of her eye, she noticed, while hurried, Lex looked as calm as ever. Never mind the fact that she just caught him post-coitus with herself.

“Chloe?” Still in front of the door, Chloe bit her lip and squinted, not sure if he was talking to her. “Chloe…by the door.”

“Yes?” Her voice was still a little higher than usual, but was now thankfully closer to her normal range. Daring to turn, she saw Lex with his pants on, his shirt almost completely buttoned. Looking over to herself, however, she saw nothing but skin.

Laying on the couch, Chloe noticed her doppelganger tense up as she took in the sight of her naked body, and rolled her eyes. Snorting, she stood up. “I’m gonna take a nap.” Sauntering over to the bedroom, Chloe winked at Lex, before shutting the door.

After an uncomfortable moment, Lex coughed. “Chloe, I…” Chloe turned to face him again, waiting for an explanation. “I don’t know what’s going on.”

Visibly disappointed, Chloe slumped into the kitchen chair next to her. “So…” Lex walked over to her, sitting down in the chair across the table.

Lex waited for her to say something, leaning forward slightly in his chair. After she trailed off, he watched as she huffed, setting the bag she was carrying on the table. “OK,” she began. “So, that was me, right? I’m not seeing things?” Her eyes were wide as she searched his face for answers.

Feeling uncharacteristically guilty and awkward, Lex looked to the table, where the papers in her bag had spilled out a little. Squinting at the current issue of the Torch, Lex furrowed his brow.

Looking up at her suddenly, he asked, “Where were you today?”

Confused, Chloe shifted, before saying, “School… you came and saw me this morning, don’t you remember?”

“Have you been there since morning? What time?”

“What’s going on, Lex?” Chloe asked warily.

“After the hospital, what happened to you?”

“Clark took me home, and I went to bed. Lex,” Chloe gave him a perplexed frown. “I don’t understand. Why are you asking me these questions?”

Ignoring her, Lex asked, “Then you got up, and went to work on the Torch? And then talked to me?”

Nodding, Chloe stayed quiet. “I think I know what happened,” Lex announced.

Chloe looked at him hopefully, as she leaned in unconsciously. Her hands folded on her lap, she patiently waited, not wanting to push Lex. Finally, gulping, he looked her in the eye.

“You were split in two.” Chloe’s eyes widened almost comically, as her hands flew from their position on her lap, running down her sweater-clad arms.

Looking back at him, she caught the briefest of smiles, before he was looking at her seriously. “No, Chloe. Not, physically. Well, not completely physically.” Squinting as he sorted out his thoughts, he felt his hand moving to her face. Stopping it’s ascent before she realized, he dropped his hand, and sighed. “The machine in the lab…the one you were snooping around? It was supposed to separate weakness in plants.

“I think…” he gulped. “I think it separated the weakness in you.” Chloe closed her eyes and leaned back in the kitchen chair. Lex watched her reaction, watched as she hugged herself.

“Wow.” A long stretch of silence followed the word, before Chloe timidly asked, “So, there’s literally a part of me missing.” She nodded. “So, how do I get…me…together, again?”

Shaking his head, Lex stared at the floor. “I don’t know. I can talk to Dr. Sinclair, and ask him what to do, but the machine…” Looking at her again, Lex frowned. “It’s completely demolished, Chloe. There might be something salvageable, but…”

“Can you call Dr. Sinclair? I don’t like…not being together.” Letting out a sad laugh, Chloe stood up.

“Sure. I’ll be right back.” Lex opened the front door, and left the small apartment. As the door clicked shut, Chloe looked at her bedroom door. It was all so…surreal. Sure, this was Smallville, but splitting her in half?

This was a whole new level of freak. Gulping, Chloe walked over to her bedroom. What Lex had said made sense, in a Smallville sort of way, but she still couldn’t believe it. She didn’t feel like only half of a person.

Tiptoeing into her bedroom, Chloe noticed the lump on the bed. Her twin was still there, sleeping peacefully, despite the fact that she was still completely nude. The small apartment was a little stuffy, and Chloe suddenly felt a brief surge of jealousy. If only she could feel that free.

Well, this part of her. Obviously the other half had discovered that freedom. Hearing the door open, Chloe left her room, closing the door softly behind her.

Chloe watched as Lex did the same, obviously not having seen her, as he took a moment to compose himself. He looked upset. Worried, almost. She eased back into the shadow of the doorway, opening and closing the door just loud enough for him to hear.

Trying again, Chloe eased away from the door, peeking her head around the corner of the wall. Lex looked relaxed again, but Chloe couldn’t help but feel responsible for his silent anxiousness.

“I spoke to Dr. Sinclair.” Chloe smiled slightly, focusing.

“Did he know what to do?”

Lex cleared his throat. “Not exactly. He had a theory, that he says should work, but it’s dangerous.”

“How dangerous?”

Lex paused, then spoke softly, “Fatal.” Sucking in a breath, Chloe blinked.

“Oh.” She looked at Lex, noticing the soundless thrum of his pulse, moving much to quickly. “We should do it. Me, I mean, with…me.” Wincing at the awkwardness of the phrasing, Chloe shifted her focus back to Lex.

“Chloe, are you sure? Can’t you just…manage, being two people?” Noticing her grimace, he added, “At least until Dr. Sinclair can come up with a better plan?”

“What’s the plan now?”

“Basically, the same thing that separated you.”

Furrowing her brow, Chloe shook her head slightly. “Why is that fatally dangerous? All it gave me the last time, besides a twin, was a bad bump on the cheek,” she gestured to the faint bruise. “It did more to you, than it did to me.” Realizing his trepidation, Chloe’s eyes widened. “You don’t have to be there, Lex. I can do it by myself.”

“Chloe, that’s not—“

Becoming impatient, Chloe cut Lex off. “Well it’s better than the alternative; having someone out there doing…” She looked at Lex uncomfortably. “stuff.”

Lex frowned. “Chloe? About what you saw… I…” he ran his hand over his head, reluctant to say anything.

“I get it. I threw myself at you. Please don’t be upset.” Lex started to shake his head, but Chloe put her hand up. “Lex, don’t. Can we just… all you need to do is help me find what I need. Then I’ll start it up, with you a safe distance away.” Seeing him start to talk again, Chloe set her jaw. It felt odd, like she wasn’t that strong, but she said, “Don’t,” as sure as the set of her jaw.

Nodding, Lex muttered, “Alright.”

Shifting through a pile of debris, Lex let out a soft sigh. Before Chloe and he had left, they’d tried to get her aggressive doppelganger to wake up, but to no avail. Finally they’d given up, after Lex suggested getting her after the pseudo-machine was constructed.

Dr. Sinclair had told Lex he’d need a piece of meteor rock and two pieces of metal on either side of it. Then, he’d need to heat the meteor fragment to over 3000 degrees Fahrenheit, almost 500 degrees above the temperature used to melt glass.

Lex had instructed Chloe to look for pieces of salvageable metal; he had more meteor rock and a furnace in the lab next to the one they were in.

They’d found one good piece immediately, but were having trouble with the second one. After about twenty minutes of silently searching, Chloe muttered something, and held up a matching piece of metal.

Lex had taken it from her, and led her to the other lab. Chloe still hadn’t said anything to him, and he was worried. Was she afraid? He knew she was different, not being completely Chloe, but she was too quiet.

“Chloe?” He set down the metal pieces on a lab table, next to the meteor rock they’d put aside earlier.

“Hmm?” She didn’t look directly at him, so he walked around the small table, and stood next to her.

“Are you alright? Besides the obvious?” Lex waited as she slowly looked up at him, her eyes red from holding back tears. “Chloe, what’s wrong?” He was looking at her gently, somewhat afraid of the answer; afraid that he couldn’t help her.

“Am I weak? Or am I weak?” Lex waited for her to continue. “On one hand, I’m quieter than I usually am, more timid. I know I am… I just can’t seem to do anything about it.”

“But on the other hand…” Lex prompted.

“On the other hand, the other me doesn’t restrain herself; she does what she wants, she gives in to her id.” Blushing at the implications of what she just said, Chloe added, “At least from what I saw. She seemed to be all about the pleasure principal.”

Lex discretely smirked, noting that Chloe seemed more like her self. Her true, full self. “So,” she trailed off. “The question is, is weakness, my weakness, being shy and not taking chances, or giving in to temptation, going for base instinct?”

Lex thought for a moment. “Chloe, I can’t answer that. Everyone has a different opinion of weakness, of strength.” He tilted his head slightly, and cupped her chin. “Chloe, I think you, as a whole, are a very strong person. Like everyone else, you have strengths,” he leaned in slightly, and his eyes dropped a little bit lower, focusing on her nose, flicking to her lips before looking her in the eyes again. “And weaknesses.” Chloe swallowed the lump in her throat.

“You’ll figure them out. It takes time.” Lex was still holding her chin, his warm hand sending a jolt of passion through her. She licked her lips absentmindedly, eyes still locked with his. As she blinked, she felt him lean closer, his breath hot on her face. Her eyes dropped closed, and then his lips were brushing hers, just a slight pressure, lazy and sweet.

She gasped as his tongue flicked her lip, taking the opportunity to slip inside her mouth. As she opened her mouth just slightly, she heard a boot echo on the floor just feet away. Pulling back, she saw herself in the doorway, eyebrows arched and lips pursed in obvious amusement.

Chloe stood in the doorway, obviously fresh from her nap, with rumpled hair and the same outfit she’d had on earlier. “Lana?” she asked, her voice high in fake shock. “Oh, I’m sorry—the doe eyes fooled me.”

TBC…

purplemoon123
2nd September 2008, 09:27
Yay, new update.

As for Chlex smut, there will be one more scene in the final chapter (only two after this one--I downsized)

Downsized??? But why???? Who doesn't love Chlex smut???

Lex froze. He stood there for a moment, naked in front of Chloe, and…Chloe. Closing his eyes at the intensity of the situation, Lex thought, I hate Smallville.

:rofl: Oh Lex, you know that really love it. Where else can people storm into your castle everyday, try to rob you, kidnap you, and shoot you???

Chloe stood in the doorway, obviously fresh from her nap, with rumpled hair and the same outfit she’d had on earlier. “Lana?” she asked, her voice high in fake shock. “Oh, I’m sorry—the doe eyes fooled me.”

*cackle* Oh dear, what a bitch. I love her!!! Chloe jealous of Chloe.

Can't wait for more.

zho9
2nd September 2008, 11:03
chloe stood in the doorway, obviously fresh from her nap, with rumpled hair and the same outfit she’d had on earlier. “lana?” she asked, her voice high in fake shock. “oh, i’m sorry—the doe eyes fooled me.”

lol!

Zannie
2nd September 2008, 12:27
That ending was fabulous. And not just the Lana-line (although it was great) but the way the aggressive side of Chloe was actually jealous of the other side. It really highlights how the whole Chloe is so much deeper than a few character traits--and how Lex is drawn by all of her, not just her spontaneous, wild side.

I love how gentle Lex was with Chloe here. He's such a sweetie at heart.

Looking forward to more.

hfce
3rd September 2008, 01:46
I loved every thing about this update. Over sexed Chloe cracked me up and sad Chlo had me feeling bad for her. But Lex seems to know what each side needs from him. :)

Kit Merlot
3rd September 2008, 02:19
I love how each side of Chloe is jealous of the other one--brilliant:grin3:

But will the more aggressive side of Chloe wanted to be rejoined with the more passive half?

And will Lex have to do a little "convincing"?:yeahbaby:

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Gaia
3rd September 2008, 10:27
“Lana?” she asked, her voice high in fake shock. “Oh, I’m sorry—the doe eyes fooled me.”

Oh I love the id Chloe. So very Freud :D

SVfan1286
5th September 2008, 04:36
The last line killed me. (Lol) The aggressive Chloe is such a bitch... I love it though. Lex was wonderfully sweet with the timid Chloe, it seems that Lex likes all of Chloe... Aw!

Great update... I look forward to reading more!!

wistfulwatcher
14th September 2008, 08:40
A/N: Thank you for all of the nice reviews! Just one or two more chapters left… so bear with me for just a little longer, please! Also, purplemoon123, I know downsizing the Chlex smut is never the preferred route, but I went a different direction than I had intended, and it would have been out-of-place (though not unappreciated, I’m sure). I also wanted to stay as clearly rated as possible, since there was a little discussion about this rating (two fairly graphic sex scenes keeps it R, one more would be potentially confusing).

Oh, and along the same lines, sorry to disappoint about Lex “convincing” bad Chloe, Kit Merlot. :)

Lex slowly slid his hands into his pockets. Chloe had just insulted Chloe, and, recalling every interaction with the girl(s) in question, he knew this was not going to be pretty.

Especially since one of them was experiencing a case of judo-laryngitis. “Uh…” Make that a bad case. “What are you…?” Chloe looked at Lex, eyes even wider, as she stuttered for a comeback.

“I mean, I know you idolize the girl, God knows why,” standing in the doorway, Chloe rolled her eyes. “But the innocent face? It’s just pathetic.”

Lex cleared his throat inaudibly, attempting to keep out of Chloe’s sight. “Um, me? It’s a good thing you’re here. Lex…and I,” the other Chloe snorted, “we found a cure. Remedy. Solution.”

“Wow, Madame Editor, who knew you were a walking thesaurus!” Setting her jaw and sauntering over to her doppelganger, she furrowed her brows in a look of amused disgust. “Why would you think I’d want to be back with you? I mean, all that wasted potential.”

“I…”

“And for what? Some farm boy from Smallville? Do you even remember the hard-ass city girl you used to be? Taking crap from no one, and embracing your individuality?”

A bolt of hurt crossed Chloe’s face. “I’m still…”

She snorted. “Sure, you’re still the tough-as-nails reporter…for a small-town Kansas girl. But just think—what’s so edgy here, was so common in Metropolis. You used to stand out, catch every guy’s glance. Walk with a cool confidence everyone else craved. And you were only 13. But, what? You gave up your identity for a farm boy?”

“I… Clark isn’t just…” Chloe’s hurt expression gained a hint of anger, her eyes narrowing.

“Please. A common farm boy. With perfect chiseled features, and a sense of moral so strong, you could wretch. Where’s the fun in that?” Smirking, Chloe crossed her hands over her chest. “But that’s the point, isn’t it? This wholesome town is rubbing off on you—making you believe you should want the small town hero. It’s a logical attraction, nothing more.”

Lex’s eyes darted between the two women in front of him, unknowingly leaning a little closer in anticipation.

“Because it’s not so easy standing out, here, is it? All those judging eyes. Metropolis had anonymity to protect you—big enough classrooms that you could hide from the few that dared question your uniqueness. But here, you just want eyes on you when you’re doing the right thing—being crowned Corn Goddess, or whatever stupid title they all honor so much.”

“I’m not… I’m still that girl. I run a newspaper, exposing the truth. People don’t like it, but—“

“Finally fighting back, Chlo? I knew you still had it in you. There, deep behind your Lana Lang innocence. It’s not all that thick, that naiveté. No, to get that small-town-girl innocence, you have to be born with it, raised with it.

“Sure, you can pretend to have it, but it’s like painting over a previous layer of paint. It seems good enough, but if you look closely, you can see the bumps and grooves from the last batch, and, eventually, it starts to peel.” Squinting, Chloe let out a hollow laugh. “Yeah, I can see the chips right now. See, you can ‘want’ Clark all you like, keep trying to convince yourself of that fact. But he loves Lana Lang, and no matter how much you keep slathering on the paint, it can’t hide your true colors.”

Chloe gulped, the hurt still evident on her face. Clearing her throat, she squeaked out, “Oh, yeah? At least I’m trying to change, not just pretending to be happy the way I am.”

Chloe glared at her twin. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Lex shifted uncomfortably, not sure what to do. Despite all of the weird occurrences in Smallville, this one was new. And while he didn’t want to do anything damaging to Chloe and her psyche, he was pretty confident that this confrontation needed to occur for her own mental health.

“What it’s supposed to mean? It’s supposed to mean, that you’re lying to yourself. That you’re not really the confident person you used to be. We used to be. That while Smallville residents don’t seem too impressed with you…us, it hurts every time we get a sneer for wearing a slightly low-cut shirt, or a neon color. We can pretend it doesn’t bother us; that we’re better than they are, and they just don’t understand, but in actuality, we’re afraid they’re right. So we pretend, and we lie. And we mask—“

“Stop calling us the same person! I’m nothing like you! We’re just two people that were smushed into one, and—“

“No. Us, we, me, whatever. We’re screwed up. Like you getting jealous about me kissing Lex. We’re the same person!”

“But you don’t deserve anything. You Lana wannabe freak!” Noticing the re-escalating nature of their conversation, Lex slowly walked over toward the furnace behind him. Silently positioning the metal scraps, he listened to the argument behind him.

“Lana wannabe freak? I’m obviously not the only one. We may not like Clark, the way I think we do, but there’s a simplicity you crave, isn’t there? You just can’t handle that I’m trying to be like her…and failing.”

“Failing? And why do you keep switching from ‘we’ to ‘you’ and ‘I’?”

“It’s all…confusing, and I don’t think we were separated right…”

Lex placed the meteor in the furnace and turned the dial to 3000. Standing back, he made sure they were both in path of the impending blast. Hearing the last strains of their argument, Lex shielded his eyes, the green light almost blinding.

“Right?”

“Weakness… not. Both—“ The blast finally drowned them out, Lex’s ears ringing from the sound. Hearing a clicking sound, Lex turned as the furnace died out, the light evaporating.

Quickly turning to Chloe, he noticed a single prone figure on the ground, decked in a modest sweater, knee-length skirt, and patent leather boots. Rushing over, Lex kneeled on the ground and picked her up, her back resting awkwardly on his legs and arm. “Chloe? Chloe, are you alright?”

Noticing no movement, Lex’s hand flew to her neck, relieved to feel a strong pulse. Sliding his hand up to her cheek, he softly caressed the soft skin. “Chloe, honey, wake up.”

Her eyes fluttering, Chloe slowly lifted herself off of his arms. “Lex? What happened?” Noticing the lab, she shot up, her eyes widening. “The light! Is everyone OK?”

Squinting, Lex rested a hand on her arm. “Everyone? Chloe, it’s just you. The light fixed everything.”

Looking around, Chloe noticed it was just the two of them. “The doctor, is he safe? I don’t see him.”

“Doctor? Dr. Sinclair? He wasn’t here, he just told me how to fix it over the phone. Don’t you remember?”

“Remember? Lex, he was in here just a minute ago. I overheard you two talking, about the machine going overboard. And then an alarm sounded, and a bright light…”

Lex gulped. Chloe didn’t remember the last 24 hours.

TBC…

BeachBabi
14th September 2008, 09:11
Ooh Chloe doesn't remember anything that happened, What's Lex going to do now? Please update soon :)

Zannie
14th September 2008, 12:18
Heh. I loved that Chloe was the one who berated Chloe for losing her edge and unique identity. I can just picture the scene.

And it was so sweet when Lex called her "honey." I can't wait to see how Lex is going to explain what happened and make sure he keeps her in his life.

Thanks for the update!

hfce
14th September 2008, 16:31
Oh man that was good. I loved how both Chloe's went after each other but how can she not remember? I can't wait to see what Lex's tells her. :)

superag
14th September 2008, 18:02
Chloe telling off Chloe is a wonderful twist. Now, Lex just be a man and tell her how you feel and what has transpired.

Kit Merlot
14th September 2008, 19:37
A great update!

I like the conversation the Chloes were having regarding losing their edge to the small minds of Smallville and for wanting to be more Lana-esque because of Clark.

So, it is a nice twist with having Chloe not remember:D

But what will happen next? Will Chloe remember having sex with Lex? WIll she tell the SV residents to piss off and let her true self out?

Can't wait to find out;)

dagney
14th September 2008, 20:34
Oh no Chloe doesn't remember what will Lex do? nice job. dagney

purplemoon123
15th September 2008, 11:48
Yay, update!!!

A/N: Also, purplemoon123, I know downsizing the Chlex smut is never the preferred route, but I went a different direction than I had intended, and it would have been out-of-place (though not unappreciated, I’m sure).
You do gotta go with what makes your story better, but you could post that out-of-place Chlex smut as a one shot. :yeahbaby: Why yes I am trying to get my greedy hands on Chlex naughtiness!!! :blinkkiss

Especially since one of them was experiencing a case of judo-laryngitis. “Uh…” Make that a bad case. “What are you…?” Chloe looked at Lex, eyes even wider, as she stuttered for a comeback.

I love this whole interaction between the Chloe's. It gives a lot of insight into Chloe's pysche.

Can't wait for more.

SVfan1286
18th September 2008, 13:48
I LOVED the catfight between the two Chloe's... It would have been awesome if it really happened on the show. But they both have a point, Chloe does try to be Lana and a smalltown girl sometimes, which she's not. Her personality is too big for Smallville, just like Lex's.

The twist with Chloe losing her memory of her time spilt in half, is fantastic. Will Lex tell Chloe the truth of what happened or will he lie?

I can't wait to read more!!

letia84
23rd September 2008, 20:47
Ahhh darn no more two Chloe's. Memory lost is a bi*ch. Can't wait read what happens next.

VAgrits82
27th September 2008, 21:20
I'm loving the twist you've put on this episode! Can't wait for another update!

wistfulwatcher
29th October 2008, 07:16
A/N: Yay! Last chapter! And an update that is hella overdue. I'm sorry to everyone that was being so nice, and reading this, and then just stopping for a month. But I realized a few days ago that no one is in an updating mood, and I realized I was also a part of the problem. So I'm updating, in the hopes that the amazing writers I've been reading will UPDATE! Side note: There are great things being updated that I'm excluding from this rant :)

Oh, and thank you, dagney. I appreciate you saying yo missed my fics. It totally made my day. So this is for you!

“Lex?” Chloe’s voice snapped Lex back. Looking down at her confused face, he took a deep breath. “Um, can you help me up?”

Lex helped her up silently, his eyes unfocusing briefly, as the realization of what Chloe’s amnesia meant washed over him. His talk with her quiet side, his interlude with her dangerous one, it caught up.

Once she was steady on her feet, Lex turned away, taking the opportunity to compose himself. Breathing deeply, he turned around again, to see Chloe looking around. “Uh…we’re in a different lab.”

Lex looked around, taking in the obviously different structure and appliances before nodding. Realizing he hadn’t said anything, he cleared his throat. “We’re in the lab next to the one you’re remembering.”

“Remembering? What are you talking about?” Chloe’s hands brushed her legs as she talked, causing her to look down. “What am I wearing?” She looked up at Lex again, eyes searching for an answer.

“I think you need to rest.” Lex moved toward her, gently resting his hands on her upper arms.

Chloe scoffed. “Yeah, that’s gonna happen. Lex, tell me what’s going on.”

Clearing his throat, he nodded, before soundlessly steering her out of the lab.

Lex brought Chloe to his study, immediately going for the decanter of scotch sitting on the table. Taking an absent-minded sip, he walked back to the chair, sitting across from Chloe.

“So, will you please explain what’s going on, now?” Chloe leaned forward, her sweater-clad elbows resting on her knees.

“You snuck into my lab.” Chloe looked down, sheepishly. “I was doing an experiment, but there was a problem. The machine we were using started to overheat, and just as is started to explode, you stepped in front of it.”

Chloe squeezed her eyes tight, and massaged her temples. “Are you alright?” Lex set his scotch down. “Chloe?”

“I’m fine. It’s just…I can vaguely remember that, I think. There was a light, green I think? Or, no, wait…”

Tentatively, Lex asked, “Do you remember anything else?”

Chloe bit her lip, still rubbing her temples. “Um, not really. I just...I feel like something happened, but I just can’t access the memories.”

Lex nodded, looking down at his glass. Taking a slow swallow, Lex closed his eyes. “I was doing testing on field crops. Dr. Sinclair is the lead scientist on the team. I hired him to create a plant that could thrive in the worst conditions imaginable.”

“LuthorCorp working on the farmer vote of confidence? You’ve tried this before.” Lex didn’t bother arguing, just pursed his lips and drank some more scotch. “So, what did it do…to me?”

“The machine was made to separate the weak genes from the plant, leaving only the ones strong enough to whether bad conditions.”

“So, you’re telling me, it made me…strong?”

“Not exactly.” He cleared his throat. “It separated you. When the blast occurred, you were split into two versions of yourself; your strengths and your weaknesses.”

Chloe leaned back, dropping her hands to the boots covering her legs. “That’s…new. Even for Smallville.”

Lex gave a sad smile, and the two of them fell into silence. After a beat, Chloe cleared her throat. “So, now, am I…complete? I mean, did you fit me back together?”

“Yes. Dr. Sinclair told me what to do. I think you’re fine now.”

Chloe nodded slowly, not sure what to say. Finally, after almost a minute of silence, she said, weakly, “So, did I do anything embarrassing?” She looked at Lex, with a resigned smile.

Instead of returning it, he poured himself some more scotch. Tilting the contents immediately into his mouth, his eyebrows twitched, in a show of non-amusement. “That bad, huh?”

“You were very…blunt.”

Chloe’s nose crinkled. “Blunt? I’m always blunt. Or haven’t you noticed?”

“Of course I’ve noticed. But you were extremely blunt.” He looked into the empty glass as he added, “You surprised me a few times.”

She snorted. “So I was bad me and, what, good me? How cliché and boring.”

Lex bit cheek to keep in a humorless snort. “Not exactly. It was more your adventurous compared to reserved, but not in a typical way.”

“So which was the weak side?”

“I don’t know.” Lex answered quickly. He immediately regretted it; he’d been doing so well, containing his truths and answers.

“Ok. Can I ask one more?” She took his silence as a go-ahead. “What’s up with the boots?”

This time his snort escaped, and he set his glass down. “Your sense of adventure apparently includes drunken Met U boys.” He stressed the last word, for nothing more than his own pettiness.

“Of course. So—“

“I think we better get you home.”

It had been another silent car ride to the Sullivan household, and Lex was beginning to lose it. He could tell Chloe was uncomfortable, but how do you offer someone sympathy on something like this? Do you offer sympathy?

Lex parked in front of the steps, and he soundlessly got out of the vehicle. He made his way over to Chloe’s side, opening the door for her. A mumbled, “Thank you,” was all he got in return, and he was beginning to salivate over the idea of down time in his comfortable bed.

Trailing behind her, Lex ended up staring at her boots. And staring at her boots led to thinking about her boots, and thinking about her in the boots.

And that led to a major problem; they had sex. And, as if that hadn’t been problematic enough, now he had to figure out the right thing to do. Should he tell Chloe about them, or try to forget it? Which one was more fair; the truth, or giving her an out?

“Lex?” Lex snapped back, focusing on Chloe’s face. He’d paused mid-step, one leg on the top of the stairs, and the other one down. Chloe’d opened her door, and was in the doorway, giving him an odd look. “Are you alright? You just stopped.”

Lex cleared his throat and gracefully completed his trip up the stairs. “Fine. How are you doing?”

“Fine.”

“You didn’t say anything on the car ride over here.”

“You didn’t either.” Chloe’s retort was quick, and short-tempered. She was obviously not in a good mood, not that Lex blamed her, but he decided it was best if he left.

“Have a good night Chloe. If you don’t feel well, or you need anything, let me know.” Giving in, Lex lightly cupped Chloe’s cheek, and stroked the soft flesh there. With a sad smile, he turned, and effortlessly made it down the stone steps.

Climbing back into his car, Lex felt…off. Lightly lifting his hips off of the car seat, he felt his back pocket discretely. His wallet was missing.

“Of course.” He groaned, letting his head fall back. His eyes slid shut as he realized where it was. He’d only removed his pants in Chloe’s house, and there was an extremely good chance that it had fallen out.

Sighing, Lex got out, and walked quickly up the stairs. Just as he was about to knock, the door swung open. “Lex! I was just trying to catch you. Your wallet—“

“I just realized. Thank you.” He took the soft leather from her hand, their fingers brushing slightly. As he was about to turn away, Chloe’s hand on his arm stopped him.

“What was your wallet doing in my house?”

Lex paused. Carefully, he said, “I stopped by to check on you. This is where your two sides met. Thankfully I was there.”

Chloe’s eyes narrowed in confusion. “How would you lose your wallet during that?”

“I sat down.”

“Hmm.” Chloe gave a little smile, before opening the door to Lex. “Come in.”

Lex did as she asked, silently following her into her living room. “Where did you sit?”

“Excuse me? Chloe, do you have something to say?”

Chloe let out a hollow laugh. “Yes, I do. I think you’re hiding something from me, and I want to know what. If you just sat down, how did your wallet end up around the corner of the hallway?”

“Maybe it got kicked.”

“Lex, tell me what happened. I deserve to know.”

Lex sighed. “Really, Chloe. Nothing—“

“Oh, my God.” Chloe’s head was tilted down, and she wasn’t looking in Lex’s direction. She was staring to his right, at one of the kitchen chairs.

“Chloe, what are you…” Chloe bent down to pick up the object that had grabbed her attention. Holding up her plain black panties, Chloe shut her eyes.

“We had sex, didn’t we?” Hearing no response, she opened her eyes. “I…remember. Well, kind of.”

Lex felt his temple pulse. At least now he didn’t have to decide which was the right thing to do; she’d found out the truth on her own. “Yes, we did.”

“And you were going to tell me this, when?” After a brief pause, Chloe added, “And if the next words out of your mouth are that you were trying to protect me, you’d better hope that I’m more weakness than strength.”

“I didn’t think—“

Chloe snorted. “No shit. You know, you have your wallet, just leave.”

Pausing for a second, Lex closed his eyes briefly in resignation, before silently leaving her house.

Lex closed his laptop. Leaning back in his office chair, he closed his eyes, and rested his head in his hand.

He hadn’t spoken to Chloe since her apartment the previous day, and the unresolved topic was beginning to weigh heavily on his mind. He considered calling her, multiple times, but kept telling himself she probably wanted time to sort through everything. After all, memory loss was a bitch; he would know.

Hearing a clicking noise, Lex looked up, to see Chloe coming through his study doors. Straightening up, he steeled himself, not sure what else she could have remembered.

“Lex.”

“Chloe.” Lex contemplated addressing her as Miss Sullivan, but decided it would only come off as bitter.

“I wanted to apologize—“

“I’m sorry about yesterday, I—“

Showing a small smile, Chloe put her hand out. “You first.”

Opting not to argue, and to get it off his chest, Lex said, “I wanted to apologize. I should have told you everything that had happened. After all of the times I’ve been unconscious, I understand the aftermath.”

Chloe gave a small laugh. “Well, I came by to say I’m sorry.”

Hesitant, Lex asked, “What for?”

“My reaction. I was rash, and—“

“Chloe, you don’t need to apologize.”

Chloe looked down, and shook her head. “No, I really do. I mean, I’m sure I was a little pushy.” At Lex’s narrowed eyes, Chloe rushed on. “Like you said, I was blunt, right? Well, I’m sure that didn’t stop with our judo. You know, I was always afraid one day I’d snap for not being…” Chloe gulped, her eyes wide. “I’ll stop talking now.”

Had Chloe’s comments not started to sink in, Lex was sure he would have laughed. It had been a while since he’d witnessed Chloe go into a full on ramble. But, her monologue had started to make sense, and his eyes narrowed, almost dangerously. “Chloe, what do you think happened?”

Her eyes still wide, Chloe gulped nervously, though she kept eye contact. “Well, I was…aggressive. I attacked you?”

This time a sad little laugh escaped Lex’s lips. “You were aggressive.” Chloe looked down. “But, in no way, did you ‘attack’ me.”

There was an uncomfortable silence, and Chloe’s feet shifted on the hard floor. Lex slowly made his way to one end of his couch, resting comfortably. Chloe took the unspoken cue, and sat at the opposite end.

“There’s something you said when you were separated.” Chloe glanced away, nervously. “What did you mean by a ‘logical attraction’ to Clark?”

With a slight waver in her voice, Chloe asked, “What did I say?”

Deciding that honesty was really the best thing for Chloe, Lex leaned forward, mirroring Chloe’s actions of the day before, his elbows resting on his knees. “When you were split, your reserved side walked in on me, with your adventurous side. I’d just found out what to do to put your sides together again, and your adventurous side decided to take a nap.”

Chloe snorted. “I can be a little uncooperative, can’t I?” Lex returned her mild amusement, though it came out a little more dignified than a snort. “So, you learned how to Humpty Dumpty me. Then what?”

“I took your cooperative side with me to the lab, and we started to set it up. Then, after we’d found the pieces we needed, your adventurous side showed up.” Lex stood up, taking a beat to pour himself a few fingers of scotch. Taking it back with him to the couch, he watched Chloe fidget impatiently.

Finally, she asked, “And then…?”

“And then your other side showed up. The two got into an argument, and to end it, I started the process to fit the two sides back together.”

“Why?”

“It didn’t seem likely that I’d be able to break your sides up.”

Chloe pursed her lips. “No. Why did they fight?”

Lex sipped his scotch. “Your reserved side and I were kissing. And the adventurous side was jealous.”

A quick, faintly bitter laugh escaped Chloe’s lips. “Wow. I knew I was screwed up, but… What does this have to do with Clark?”

“Your adventurous side accused you of being attracted to Clark because you were supposed to—that he was what you should want.”

“But I said I didn’t really want him?” Lex took a moment before answering. Obviously, this most recent drink was getting to him. He’d forgotten he’d drank earlier, but now…he felt a little loose lipped.

“You said…” Lex drifted off, remembering. “You said you were trying to change. You didn’t really admit it to yourself, but you insinuated it.”

“Oh.” Chloe cleared her throat. “I can live with that.”

There was another awkward silence. “So, is it true?”

Chloe looked at Lex. “Is what true?”

“That it’s only a logical attraction.”

“Oh.” Lex waited, his grip tightening unnoticeably on his glass. “Yes.” Lex waited for more, the pulsing in his temple growing faster. Chloe looked at him for a moment, before standing up.

Lex followed suit, assuming she was leaving. Instead of heading to the door, however, Chloe walked over to Lex, and stood in front of him. Taking the glass from Lex’s hands, Chloe downed the last of the liquor, before setting the glass gently on the small table to her left.

Looking up at Lex, Chloe smiled. “Clark is a logical attraction. I needed someone to distract me from you.”

Chloe leaned up, quickly brushing her lips against Lex’s. She leaned back, momentarily shy, before licking her bottom lip, and leaning up for another touch of skin. This time, Lex’s hands moved from their place at his sides, and tightened around Chloe’s waist.

Her nails dug into his shoulders, as she stood on her toes, urging more contact. Their lips brushed again, then once more, before Chloe nipped at his bottom lip, keeping between her teeth.

Smiling against his flesh, Chloe pulled away, as she walked Lex back. He dropped to the couch, and Chloe followed. Climbing onto his lap, she went for his ear, pressing gentle kisses, and passionate nips randomly.

“Chloe, are you alright? You’ve been through a lot…”

Smirking in a way that made Lex almost nervous, Chloe nodded. “It all just came back to me. I don’t know how, but…I can remember most of it.” She buried her head in his neck as he palmed her hips.

Feeling much less tense as her breath warmed his neck, Lex gave a little moan. “So, something was good, I take it?”

“Well, I feel…resolved. That’s helpful. And I remember you being a willing participant in our…time together. So at least I know I didn’t maul you.” She nipped his neck, to offset her last comment. “That helps my psyche.”

Lex gave a real, albeit small, laugh, and buried his head in her neck. “I recall you having these insecurities when you discovered us, the first time.” He lightly pecked her jaw line before pulling away to look her in the eye. “Trust me, you and unwelcome advances are completely unrelated.”

Chloe blinked, and pulled Lex’s face to hers. The room was almost silent, their harsh breaths the only noise, until Chloe’s hand made it to Lex’s pants. The sound of the zipper caused Lex to pause. “Chloe, are you—“

“Duh, Lex. Did you not get my ‘maul’ comment? Besides. I’d like to actually completely be there when we have sex.” Chloe tucked her hair behind her ears, before pressing a quick kiss to Lex’s chin. “I wouldn’t want to cause animosity between myself. Myselves? How do you sa—“

Instead of correcting her grammar, Lex slid Chloe’s bright yellow sweater off of her shoulders, as he occupied her lips. Her bright orange (very Chloe) tank top posed a problem, as they’d have to part to get it off. Making a decision, Lex slid the top to her armpits, taking her bright blue bra with it.

Finally pulling back, Lex slipped the top garments off of her body, before brushing his hand across her taut stomach. He pressed a kiss to her sternum, and Chloe’s hands flew to his bald head.

Scraping her nails gently across the back of his neck, Chloe moaned, as Lex’s tongue teased her nipple, his thumb placating the other. With effort, Chloe managed to sneak her hands to the back of his sweater, and dip her hands under. She pushed it up as much as she could, before gently removing Lex from her chest.

Though she caused the loss of contact, Chloe groaned, as she pulled Lex’s sweater off. As it passed his head, Chloe pressed a sloppy kiss on the crown of his head, before throwing the sweater somewhere behind her.

Both chests now bare, Lex pulled her tight against him. “God, Lex…” Lex moaned in response to her sentiment, and kissed the shoulder that was a little to his left. As he moved his way up to her neck, his fingers trailed down her spine, making her lean in closer.

Finding the belt buckle to her pants, Lex awkwardly undid the contraption, and pulled the zipper down. Pushing the green cargo pants down, Lex took in her deep violet panties. Quickly flipping her onto her back on the couch, Lex sat back. “You know, we really need to have a talk about color coordination.”

Looking sheepish, Chloe smiled. “I’m still having inner arguments?” Lex pulled the pants all the way off, along with her sandals. Chloe leaned up, and unfastened Lex’s pants the rest of the way, before slipping her hand past the zipper.

Lex grunted, as he hurriedly dipped his hand past the purple fabric still covering Chloe. “God, Chloe…” His strangled plea for both his hand and hers. Chloe leaned down, pressing spontaneous kisses to Lex’s chest, as his thumb manipulated the small bundle beneath it.

Growing impatient, Chloe leaned back, wrestling his hips free from the confines of his pants. Chloe reluctantly removed Lex’s hand, and pulled the pants down to his knees. Crawling back onto his lap, Chloe brushed her panties past her legs, and gracefully kicked them to the floor.

As she hovered over Lex’s cock, he stopped her, his hand stilling her waist. “Condom?”

Her reply was as breathless as his question had been, but much higher. “Pill…” The last bit was drawn out as Lex pulled her down, sheathing himself in her slick heat. Taking a moment to adjust, Lex bit out a harsh, “Fuck…” as Chloe shifted, clenching her inner muscles.

As Lex’s fingers tightened on her thighs, Chloe started to move. Immediately, Lex’s head lolled back just a little, and Chloe gave a smirk of satisfaction. As she gloated, however, Lex took the opportunity to capture her nipple between his teeth, and she gasped out, “Fuck! Le…” A short mewling noise followed, and Lex resisted the urge to growl in response.

As he tugged and nipped her breast, Lex gripped her hip with one hand, the other sliding between them to stroke her clit. As Chloe’s head tilted backwards, Lex thrust up hard, her nipple escaping his tongue with the force.

Chloe’s hands dug into his shoulders, and she squeezed her muscles, feeling the impending pressure start to build. Lex nuzzled her neck, alternating between sniffing and nipping.

Chloe’s mewls and groans sped up, as did Lex’s whispered obscenities. Thrusting up faster, Lex applied more pressure to her clit, and nibbled her ear. “Lex…coming…”

Chloe’s motions increased, as she thrust down to meet Lex’s movements. Straining with tension, Chloe let out an almost frustrated sigh. “Come for me, baby,” Lex whispered in her ear, before moving his face to her neck and biting down hard.

Lex’s gruff command, and the sensations at her neck took her over the edge, and Chloe came, her back arching, as her eyes tightened painfully. Lex looked at her before following, as he emptied himself, thrusting just a few last times.

Both boneless and sated, Chloe slid from Lex’s sweaty chest, and rested next to him on the couch. Lex turned his head to look at her, his back stuck uncomfortably to the expensive furniture. “Are you happy you were all here for that one?”

With a slanted smile, Chloe nodded. “Very.”

“So, I guess that explains your adventurous side at your apartment.” Looking at Chloe, Lex answered her unasked question. “Birth control.”

Chloe laughed. “Yes. I may have been adventurous, but it was still me.”

Lex pecked her lips. “Good.”

THE END

relizabeth
29th October 2008, 08:54
loved it!!!!!!!!:D

dagney
29th October 2008, 13:12
Thanks for the wonderful ending. I'm glad the 2 halves equal one perfect Chloe. Dagney

hfce
29th October 2008, 15:27
Thank you. That was a perfect ending. I am glad at least one person updated their story. :blinkkiss

Zannie
30th October 2008, 13:11
I'm so glad you were able to finish this story. I loved Chloe and Lex dancing around each other, trying to get things said, not know the other felt exactly the same way.

The resolution was just great and very satisfying. Thanks for the last chapter!

SVfan1286
31st October 2008, 19:55
Fantastic ending! The smut was great... A story always better with smut. (Lol) This was an excellent story... Brilliant job!!

Kit Merlot
2nd November 2008, 21:11
This was great--who doesn't like a happy Chlex ending?!

Nimmie
1st February 2009, 11:15
really well done. Good premise and sweet.

Thanks
N

elementia
2nd July 2009, 12:53
:clapclap:
Great story!

malugargula
6th July 2009, 00:23
Great fic. Really interesting
:)

malugargula
2nd December 2012, 01:39
Had to read it again
:)
Great fic

trckyrcky
2nd December 2012, 04:47
Wow cool!!!! I've seen several fic with Lex splits in two from Onyx and his darker side came onto to Chloe. This is a good twist. Chloe being split into two and her darker side coming onto Lex and is actually jealous of herself.

Ami Rose
27th June 2013, 09:28
I've read a few stories based on that epi and this is the first one where chloe was split. Loved it!