PDA

View Full Version : A Different Kind Of Triangle - G (Completed)

Ranting Idiot
11th August 2003, 09:30
Author: Rant
Story: A Different Kind of Triangle
Rating: PG (Not really, but it didn't strike me as G)
Summary: I got inspired by the last song on Michelle Branch's CD, hotel paper. The song is "It's You." Just so pretty and melodic... Chlex immediately came to mind. Of course. Anyway, it's a shortie, enjoy!
*Edit* Disclaimer: KAZAAM! Disclaimed thus now.

It's You
Song by Michelle Branch

If tomorrow never comes
I would want just one thing
I would tell it to the stars and the sun
I would write it for the world to see
And it's you
The light changes when you're in the room
Oh it's you

If tomorrow never comes
I would want just one wish
To kiss your quiet mouth
Trace the steps of my fingertips
And it's you
The light changes when you're in the room
Oh it's you

It was like the air changed from one second to the next.

Lex lifted his head up from his seat, looking towards the doorway, knowing exactly what he would find. Even from across the room, their eyes met, just once, briefly, before they were snatched away. A small smile graced his lips as he turned back to his coffee and nodded slowly for the young man beside him continued an uninterrupted patter.

When he dared, and dare he did, he would lift his eyes and follow her around the room, as she moved towards the counter, away from it and in the direction of one friend and then another. On only one occasion did she catch his eye again, giving him a secretive grin before turning away. She ducked her face down, but not soon enough to hide the slight blush in her cheeks.

Though having a talent for patience, Lex found himself wavering down to the thinnest, an anxiety building in his chest as he pretended to listen to Clark, but his attention was bought by the blonde woman who would casually toss her hair to the side, revealing the flesh of her neck. It was an expanse of skin he’d measured and memorized long before, but wanted to visit again all the same. She knew it. He knew it.

It was his torture, sweet as it was.

So it was with limited tolerance that Lex was at last able to rise and bid goodbye to his friend. He threw more money than necessary down on the table and made his exit, not bothering to catch her eye once more. They both knew what came next.

Chloe bit her lip once before throwing back the last of her drink and mouthing off a sly remark to the people around her. Back to the Torch, dad’s expecting her home soon, there’s another freak on the loose… it was all the same to them. Grinning one last brilliant smile, she threw her book bag over her shoulder and was out the door without further explanation.

Standing outside the Talon, she gazed slowly to the right, watching his car veer around the corner. Right before getting into her own vehicle though, she took the time to pull out a clip from the smallest pocket of her bag. Twisting her hair quickly, she piled it on top of her head; style didn’t matter as long as it was up.

Lex liked it when she wore her hair up.

She took a different course than he did, but their destination was always the same. It helped that he had a lot of land that was not limited to the yards surrounding his home. Biting her lip once more, Chloe could barely hold back the uplifting corners of her mouth when the gear was put into drive and the familiar trip commenced.

Secretive. Surreptitious. Delightfully hidden and luxuriously decadent. None of those words or phrases could even come close to what they shared. It didn’t matter how it started, or the fact that they’d yet to discuss how it would end. For the first time in a long time, a frown came to Chloe’s face.

She didn’t want it to end.

But those thoughts were pushed aside and she finally placed the car to park next to his. He stood before her, hands in pockets, waiting for her. Waiting for them.

Dense as he admitted himself to be, Clark was neither a cowardly nor a stupid man.

But it took more than a little courage for him to follow her today, even though his suspicions had been festering for weeks on end. First Lex left, abruptly, as usual. Then Chloe, not even a minute or two behind. At first he thought it was coincidence.

However, Clark Kent can only be dense for so long.

So here he was, racing like a blur after a little red VW Bug, through trees that grew all the more thick as he entered onto Luthor land. His stomach tightened into a little ball as he slowed his pace and took refuge under the cover of rustling trees, their thick leaves and heavy branches masking his hideaway.

He watched as Chloe stepped out of her car. He watched as Lex came towards her and placed his hands on her face, just once, before stepping back and taking her hand. They had not walked very far before Lex pulled her in front of himself and buried his face against her neck. Even from hundreds of feet away, Clark could hear Chloe’s light laughter filtering through the air.

Clark swallowed hard as Chloe reached up and released the clip in her hair, the blonde falling over Lex’s face. His eyes widened in shock as Lex didn’t get annoyed, but rather threw his head back, his own laughter rumbling out. He watched as Chloe raised a hand to the darkening sky and began to point out the stars that were making their first appearance of the evening. He watched as Lex traced his fingers up her arm and joined her hand in declaring their air above them to be a thing of beauty. He watched as Chloe slowly turned and lifted her face up and was rewarded with a passion he’d never expected to see his best friend exhibit. Either one of them.

It was then that he realized his face had gone red and that he had gone too far. It was as quietly as possible that Clark extracted himself from the trees and began to go back from where he’d come. But right before reaching the last turn, he looked back.

Lex put his arms around her now; he could think of nothing more perfect, more comfortable, more right. After running his hand across her neck, that gorgeous tempting neck, he lifted his fingers through her hair. It didn’t matter how it had begun, Lex just knew he didn’t want it to end. To affirm his want, he tipped her face towards his so their lips could meet once more. She was his and that was that.

Chloe always closed her eyes when they kissed. It was as if her senses overloaded each time his mouth came close to hers, the smell of his cologne invading her nose, the flesh under her fingers reacting so delightfully to her touch, heard his labored breathing as they came close to suffocating from their contact. So she only tasted and it was enough. He was hers and that was that.

Clark may have not known it for himself, but it was with that last glance that he knew what love looked like. It was with a smile that he let them be and went home.

And that was that.

asharnanae
11th August 2003, 21:30
:blush: ahhhh! thats such a feel good story!! short and sweet, loved it! :biggrin:

Tandy
11th August 2003, 21:42
:blush: oh, that was so good! So sweet!

Tandy

bluemoongirl23
11th August 2003, 22:56
Loverly. That was just so nice and sweet. Clark actually acting like a human being when he finds out. And there internal thoughts were great.

Blue

tigerbaby
12th August 2003, 01:01
That was just so sweet. I just loved it.

staysixkid
12th August 2003, 03:45
Oh. My. Goodness! That was...that was...PERFECT! This would have to be the most tender Chlex fic ever! Just from reading this, how could you not ship Chloe and Lex? They simply compliment each other, in every way.

I bow to you...Great Job.

hfce
12th August 2003, 03:46
That was so sweet :wub:

Hope :cool:

shipperchick
12th August 2003, 04:09
Beautiful. The writing was so smooth and tender, and wonderfully poetic. I love all your stories, and I hope we'll see more of this type of great work soon!

Impress
12th August 2003, 19:46
I'm with everyone else. This was good.

Brittany
13th August 2003, 09:01
:wub: That was so sweet, I wish it was longer! You should make it a series! :biggrin:

sabby
13th August 2003, 14:31
*smiles* definitely a beautiful story with the right amount of :wub: in it. And that is that *g*

hugs,
Sabby

Blaire023
14th August 2003, 21:16
And that, Ladies and gentlemen, is how Chlex is done!

*applauds*

I absolutely loved it. Of course, it had to be from you.

I don't care what you say, I'm stuffing this fic under my pillow for safe keeping. I'm going to sleep with it every night and it's going to be my little security blanket.

~B

scifichick774
15th August 2003, 01:24
Wow! That was just perfect. I loved it!

Val
19th August 2003, 04:41
Oh.My.God! That was so sweet and cute and chlexy!
Just great! :biggrin:

Charmingjen
19th August 2003, 05:41
"Perfect". My favorite line:

Clark may have not known it for himself, but it was with that last glance that he knew what love looked like.

Because that's what chlex is. A perfect love.

Jen

happy bunny
16th September 2003, 05:10
:wub: :wub: :wub: This was amazing! It was beautifully written and wonderfully touching. It's adorable and lifts my spirits. I loved it.

I also love that even Clark was able to admit how perfect they are and just accept it.

I'm with Britt, this would make a great series. (not so subtle hint)

Zealot
30th September 2003, 23:03
That was so sweet and no dialogues needed and that it the Clark I like. He's not that dense and is happy for them...

Very beautiful

xadie
5th October 2003, 00:10
:wub: That was beautiful.

The writing was so lyrical and intelligent, I just loved every line.

xadie xx

Ainur
29th October 2004, 01:27
*sighs* That was perfect and so romantic. Marvelous job!!! :worship2:

sydsvaughn
29th October 2004, 01:39
Short and sweet but totally heartwarming!

Loved it!

SaraC

sylvia
29th October 2004, 09:13
Beautifully-written, with just the right amount of all the right descriptive touches.

Great work. Write more!

buddyfozzy
29th October 2004, 16:49
So sweet :wub:

chril1
30th October 2004, 01:30
cuteness

love lea
xxx

Ainur
1st January 2005, 01:51
:chlexsign2: It was beautiful. Loved it! :wub:

Reese
6th January 2005, 09:32
Beautiful...just beautiful.

And I have to say, I enjoy Chlex fics where Clark has issues to begin with but ends up being accepting or getting over it or whatever. I like to see one happy Chlex-centered family :)

Reese

marcela
17th February 2005, 21:33
That is one of my favorite fanfics, I've read it a great number of times, and I read again every time life pulls one on me or I have a love crisis. It's simple and yet beautiful.

randa
18th February 2005, 01:27
so beautiful :wub: it put a smile on my face

randa

genvessel
19th February 2005, 03:32
even though i think that clark would be an idiot if this ever really happened, i like it far better your way.

cute, fluffy and yet still articulated well. you don't find that often. well done.

starmoon
27th March 2005, 10:18
Wow!

autumngold
29th March 2005, 00:56
I love this story so much!! Thank you so much for showing Lex and Chloe's feelings for each other through touch and thoughts!! Beautiful fic!!

bluefang
15th January 2006, 07:25
aw, so sweet and happy. loved the way u described everything. everything seemed so loving. then again, i'm a sucker for secret glances across a room.

kimmie
21st April 2006, 01:18
i really really love the idea of a secret chlex relationship. I like that its something private and intimate just between them. The way you described their passing glances and blushes was so lovely.

:blinkkiss

somethingeasy
11th May 2006, 16:54
it was with that last glance that he knew what love looked like. It was with a smile that he let them be and went home.

Such a beautiful and heart-warming story. Like hot chocolate.

Pieper
17th May 2006, 22:15
So sweet.Love it.

Sunflower
19th March 2008, 23:31
That was a wonderful piece! I can't believe I missed it!

Ami Rose
14th March 2018, 09:57
That was cute and sweet!