PDA

View Full Version : "Cliche" series - MERGED January 10th 2009

wistfulwatcher
3rd June 2008, 07:46
Author's Note: This is the first oneshot in a series of sixteen, all of them based off of cliche smut scenes--the ones that can be shaped to fit any couple in any fandom. If you want to see the list of cliches at my sitem Distance (http://www.freewebs.com/wistful-watcher/clichelist.htm).

Disclaimer: I don't own anything good, I swear, unfortunately.

Also, this takes place late season one, early two, something like that.

They’d been in the car for an hour now. Clark had long been gone, choosing to do things his way, instead of the usual stakeout.

Earlier that morning, Chloe, Clark and Lex had been over at the mansion, Chloe doing an interview for the Torch, and Clark to record it. Lex had received a message from his staff, a letter someone sent trying to blackmail him.

The message said for Lex to meet at a warehouse on the edge of town. He was to bring no one else, including police. The message had some oddities, random facts that caused Lex to suspect his former gardener.

Chloe, practically salivating at the story, offered to help. Lex agreed, on the condition that the subject of the blackmail was to be left alone. He knew that the ex-gardener probably just had some shady info at best, but had to be on the safe side.

So, Chloe left to find out about Patrick Roden, the man that was, poorly, attempting to score an easy million from the billionaire. Mr. Roden had, foolishly, kept his same email account that he’d had when employed to the powerful Lex Luthor, and with just a few easy hacks, Chloe had his ammo—an illicit affair with the daughter of a recently fired CEO.

So Chloe called Lex. “Well, Mr. Luthor,” Chloe said smoothly. “Looks like someone’s been a bad boy.” Lex looked around his office awkwardly as a small smile twisted his lips.

“What ever could you be talking about?” His flirtatious tone startled her, and she blushed as she glanced around her small Torch office.

“The daughter of a CEO? You and your brunettes.” She clicked her tongue in a teasing manner, causing him to give a small smile.

“If I didn’t know better, Ms. Sullivan,” he stressed the formal name, “I would think you’re jealous.”

She laughed. “Please. I’d put such a deep notch in your belt you’d need a new one.”

“Pretty sure of yourself, aren’t you?” They were both smiling now, the threat of blackmail now completely gone.

“All that time with willowy brunettes? You wouldn’t know how to handle a spunky blonde.” Sensing she was close to crossing the line, Chloe decided to play it safe. “Besides, you don’t have time to worry about that now, Hugh.”

“One daughter of a CEO and I’m Heffner status? Fairly naïve of you, now, isn’t it? Could you possibly be more bark than bite?” Chloe gulped. This was going a little too far. Wasn’t he worried at all about the pissed off ex-employee waiting to ruin his life?

“I’d answer that, but I’m sure you like the bite.” She gulped. “Besides, we have an angry gardener to deal with.”

“We? You’ve done your part, Chloe,” she didn’t miss the use of her name. At her silence, he decided to stop the teasing…for now.

“Lex, I did all this work for you and you aren’t even going to let me come with you? Unless you’re going to pawn off your dirty work to someone else. You are a Luthor after all.”

“I’m completely capable of getting my hands dirty, Chloe.” He let her pause on that before saying, “You really can’t let it end here, can you?”

“Hello, investigative reporter?”

He chuckled. “Fine. But only because it’s going to be quick and easy.” He quickly added. “Shut up,” before she could get out her biting retort.

She giggled.

Chloe checked Lex’s watch. “Do you want me to buy you one?” He snapped out. It was the third time in the past five minutes that she’d looked at his wrist.

“He said seven o’clock, right?” She looked down at her notebook, where she’d scribbled the info that morning. She tilted her head a little and looked at his watch one more time. “It’s now 7:29.” She paused a moment. A glance, then, “7:30.”

“Chloe!” He was exasperated. “You’re more worried about this than I am.”

There was silence for a moment, and then Chloe squirmed in her seat. “Where the hell is Clark? He was supposed to meet us here a half an hour ago.” She looked at him. He turned to her.

She looked down. “What, Chloe?” It was gentler than before, like he had reminded himself to have patience.

“It’s just…” He kept her gaze. “Why are you not worried about him saying something? Is it just that you’re content with the playboy status?” He raised an eyebrow at her. “I thought you wanted to work past that,” she grumbled.

Lex looked at her for a moment, pouting in the seat next to him. “I didn’t know who she was.” Chloe snorted. “Really, I didn’t. I’d never met her or her father before, and she wasn’t wearing her ring. She had no tan lines there, either.”

Chloe looked out the window. “Oh.”

There was a moment of silence before Lex gave out a low, soft laugh. “You are jealous.”

Chloe whipped around. “I am not. Besides, I told you earlier that I would be too much for you.” Chloe smirked. “I meant it. I’m out of your league, Lex.”

“No one is out of my league, Chloe.” His eyes sparkled with mischief. “Power, influence, money… no woman has said no, yet.”

“Ha. Mmm, money. Hot.” She mocked him.

Lex didn’t like that.

“Well, I do have other attributes that help me out when the aforementioned fail…” He leaned into her during the last part, letting “fail…” trail off in her ear.

Chloe, for her part, was doing a great job trying to make her gulp inaudible. Unfortunately for her, Lex grew up with Lionel as a father, who stressed to him the importance of utilizing all senses. He heard her.

“I’m sorry, Chloe,” he was still whispering into her ear, this time lengthening the ‘o’ in her name. “Am I making you uncomfortable? Is my proximity…bothering you?”

After a short pep talk, Chloe retaliated. Licking her lips in front of him, then leaning over to his ear, she breathily replied, “Not at all, Lex. In fact, I was about to ask if I was bothering you.”

She let her hand rest on his thigh, as she gently, almost unnoticeably, scraped her teeth along his earlobe, then let her lips drag against his jaw. Just as she pulled back, he captured her lips with his, both fighting to be in control.

He puller her to him, and she straddled his legs, barely avoiding catching hers on the stick.

It escalated quickly, and soon she was topless, with her skirt pulled up around her waist. Lex managed to get his shirt open most of the way before Chloe ripped the last two buttons off.

“Sure…” Chloe pulled her head back from his smooth chest. “You want to do this?” Lex smirked.

“I’ll take my chances. Or do you need me to sign a waiver? ‘I, Lex Luthor, knew what I was getting myself into wh—‘” Chloe kissed him.

“Shut up, smart ass.” Any reply Lex had ready about his ass died as Chloe slid her petite hand into his waistband.

After a few moments of fumbling Lex’s pants off, Chloe pulled back. “Should we keep watching for your crooked friend?” Lex kissed her neck.

“I’d rather pay the million dollars.” Chloe laughed.

“How romantic.” Chloe braced her hands on Lex’s shoulders as she sank down, impaling herself.

She hissed as Lex bit his lip. “God, Chloe…tight…” She squeezed her eyes shut in pleasure as she moved, going slow enough to drive Lex mad.

“Lex...” her voice was airy and breathless, and she cringed, being reminded of Lana’s annoying voice.

Lex increased the speed just a tad, lifting her hips as he thrust up to meet her. He was nearing his climax, so he flicked his finger over the bundle of nerves at their joining.

Chloe leaned down, nipping at his ear as she bit out, “Le—come… Lex, I’m… Oh, God!” Chloe came in a deep shudder, her lips twisting in contentment.

Lex came right after, his lips gently kissing her sternum. They sat there for a moment before Chloe pushed the sweat stuck hair off of her forehead, and climbed off Lex. She dressed quickly, glancing at the warehouse they’d been watching.

Lex pulled his shirt back on, hastily tucking in his shirt as Chloe said, “Lex, there’s a briefcase.”

They got out of the car, and walked the few feet to the light post Patrick was supposed to meet at. There, on the ground, was a silver briefcase. Lex put his arm out, pushing Chloe back as he opened it. She smiled minutely as he showed concern for her, then crinkled her forehead as he opened it.

Inside was all of the blackmail stuff. “Roden’s in jail.” The two turned to see Clark standing there, looking proud. “I ran into him… it was very strange.”

He told them an odd story about how he’d been looking at his old apartment, and found him lying in a chair, but Chloe and Lex were too tired to listen.

Clark started to leave, glancing at his two friends. Lex led Chloe to the car, and let her get in, setting the suitcase in the back. “That wasn’t too difficult.” Chloe looked at him.

“You had me all hyped up for this amazing encounter.”

Chloe looked at him and smirked. “I went easy on you. I figured I should just ease you in.”

Lex looked at her. “What?”

“You’ll get the spunky side when you’re ready, hot stuff.” Lex laughed and kissed her.

liz_antoinette
3rd June 2008, 09:26
Oh, I really enjoyed this. I read the list of cliches and I'm really looking forward to reading them.

Julie
3rd June 2008, 12:27
You still need to have a date present in all stories, whether it's a long one or just a short story. The reason most other stories in this section doesn't have one, is because they're older than the rule. And the announcement said that only (at that time) completed stories were the exception.

I've added the date in for you now, but when you post the rest of your one shots, remember to have a date in it!

daria_103
6th June 2008, 01:40
Really enjoyed this, I'm looking forward to the rest of your cliches (I read the list and had to laugh, I've read most of the situations in some form in many fandoms, they really are cliches).

hfce
7th June 2008, 21:42
That was funny and hot! :rofl::drool2:

wistfulwatcher
2nd July 2008, 07:55
A/N: This is the second fic in the Cliché series, but it is a one-shot. You can find the list and explanation here (http://www.freewebs.com/wistful-watcher/clichelist.htm) (Next up is Insomnia). This takes place somewhere towards the end of season three. It’s also a little warmer and more romantically sappy than I usually read or write, so be warned. I think I overdosed on angsty Zannie fic.

Which, I gotta say, is a hell of a good way to go.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. Except my sense of humor. So, think before you sue.

Clark was in Metropolis. That was what worried Chloe.

Normally, when she found herself in a situation like this, she could comfort herself with the knowledge that her knight in shining armor would come and rescue her.

Not this time. No, Chloe had managed to get her snooping self kidnapped—again. To add to this bad news, Chloe couldn’t think of a single person that would be looking for her. She’d gotten in a brief fight with Lana two nights before, when she’d caught Lana peeking under her bed. For being dubbed the snooper, she was getting some serious competition out of young Miss Lang.

Pete was trying to smooth things over between his parents, which Chloe’d had to figure out on her own. She sighed. Add onto that, her father was looking for work in Granville, and Chloe was screwed.

Clark? Gone. Lana? Avoiding her. Pete? Busy. Dad? Gone. Lex?

Well, he was still there, but it wasn’t like they were…friends, or anything. Sure, they’d gotten closer in the past few weeks, but it wasn’t like they called each other on the phone to talk about nothing.

Chloe sighed deeper. Hope, and time, was running awfully low.

Lex ran his hand over his head and clenched his jaw. He looked at the phone in his hand, and dialed the familiar number once more.

Ring…

Lex blinked.

Ring…

Shifted anxiously.

Ring…

Grunted softly.

Ring…

Drummed his fingers on the desk.

Ring…

Clenched his fist.

“Hello?” Lex sat up straighter. “Gotcha. I’m not there right now—most likely chasing a hot lead. If you’re calling with tips, leave them after the beep—under a covert name, of course.”

Lex hung up. He’d been calling Chloe on and off for the past thirty-two minutes. They’d been getting closer, recently, spending more and more time alone—albeit talking about his law-breaking father. But, subject aside, they’d been gaining momentum in their friendship. And Lex thought that meant he could call her every once in a while.

Sure, he had nothing to talk about, but he worked well under pressure. That is if he could get to that point. He was getting genuinely worried about Chloe. He assumed, the first time he called, that she was out, or in the shower, or something. But thirty-one minutes later… he started to reach for the phone.

Changed his mind. He decided to call someone, to see if she was with them, but then remembered something; no one would pick up. Everyone was either out of town, or, according to Chloe, too busy with their own lives. So he decided to track her down himself.

Chloe was getting genuinely scared. She was usually good at this stuff, considering all of her practice, but this was different; no Clark.

She looked around. She’d been grabbed by two men, drugged, and brought here. It was an office of an unused building. It wasn’t too old, but it had been abandoned for a while, evidenced by the thin layer of dust coating everything. She coughed, visibly affected by the room.

She hadn’t been bound, and that worried her a little. It obviously meant the men were confident they could overpower her, and Chloe wasn’t too doubtful of that fact, either. She’d looked around for a weapon immediately, but all that sat in the room was an empty desk, chair, and wilted plant. The desk had no legs or drawers to break off, the chair was steel, and the stupid dead tree was in a plastic stand.

So, out of any other solutions, Chloe did the logical thing. She pouted.

Lex had been to her house, the Beanery, the Talon, and the Torch. Nothing. He’d decided that something was officially wrong, and did something he tried so hard to avoid; he invaded Chloe’s privacy.

Standing alone in the Torch, Lex stealthily moved over to her desk. After glossing over the folder marked, “journal,” although he did consider it, he instead moved over to the, “stories,” folder. He scanned the titles until he came across one that had been updated recently, and opened it.

The article had been submitted to the Daily Planet, according to the note at the top, but they had refused to print it. There was a second attachment, so he opened it up. It was a layout of tomorrow’s issue of the Torch, clearly the first page. “Meteors Used for Corporate Cutbacks” was splashed across the top, and below was Chloe’s story.

Lex read it, amazed and curiously proud, of the work Chloe had put in. It was a solid story, detailing how a popular grain-processing plant was using meteor rocks to speed up production. The effects of this process, however, were lethal—the ingestion of the plant’s bread caused intestinal failure.

Chloe went on to explain the science of it; how the processed sugar caused organs in the body to work so quickly they shut down and the customer would suffer massive organ failure, and in almost every case, die.

Lex was astonished at what she had managed to dig up. He kept reading, and found out the plant had suddenly closed.

And then the article stopped. No more explanation, no directions to the rest of the article; it ended. Lex was frantic; sure something had happened because of her article. He made a phone call, one last time to Chloe, expecting nothing but her misleading voicemail.

After getting what he expected, he made another phone call, this time to get some help.

Chloe had curled up in the corner after a while, out of ideas and optimism. No one would save her, and she couldn’t save herself. When she heard the door creak open, she felt her stomach clench, and before she knew it, she was on her feet in front of the open door, and was unsuccessfully pounding on her captor’s chest, neck, arms, legs—anything she could reach.

His laughter shot a shock of fear through her, and she faltered, dropping her ineffective fists. “Ms. Sullivan, you sure are spunky. And annoying.” A voice rang out behind the large man before her, and Chloe took a step back.

The large man moved to the side, revealing a smaller, geekier looking man. He was dressed professionally, in a dark suit, but looked…off. Like he wasn’t used to the clothes. As Chloe appraised him, he spoke again. “Who’s Lex?”

Chloe’s stomach flopped. “What?” She gulped, taking a wavering step forward. The geeky man held up her cell phone and looked at it.

“Five missed calls. All from Lex. So, do we have a worried boyfriend looking for you? ‘Cause I’d hate to have to hurt him if he found you…”

“No!” That was odd. Chloe shrugged it off and continued. “No, he’s not going to be looking for me. We’re barely friends.”

“His voicemail messages sounded awfully concerned. You sure about that?” Chloe looked down. She wasn’t sure of anything concerning the young billionaire. “Well, we’ll wait outside for him, just in case.” The geek left, followed by the large man.

Sinking into the uncomfortable chair, Chloe realized she was so thrown by Lex’s phone calls that she forgot to question why she was there.

Leaning her head down to the grimy surface in front of her, she felt a jolt of hope settle in her stomach, thinking about Lex.

Hopeless, she apparently was not.

Lex hung up the phone, throwing it onto the passenger seat beside him. He was speeding toward the small grain plant Chloe’s article talked about. He called his team immediately, and they gave him the address of the plant, located just outside of Smallville.

He was almost there when his phone rang, and he snatched it from the leather seat. “Yeah.” He listened intently as he was given another address by his team, an office building a few miles from the plant. They’d discovered it as another site for the company Lex had requested information on.

Lex hurriedly threw the phone down again, and stepped on the gas. He was certain that Chloe had been kidnapped now, having been missing for a few hours. And he was just as certain that he was her only hope. His team was on the way, but he’d gotten a head start, and he knew it was pointless to call the sheriff.

Coming to an abrupt stop, Lex jumped out of the car, grabbing his hand gun from the glove box, and running into the building.

It had been a little over twenty minutes since the two men had come into Chloe’s room, but a lot had happened in her mind. She thought about why she was there, and who could have possibly kidnapped her.

She had a fairly long list, especially considering that she was only seventeen. But most of them seemed unlikely to have taken her, so she kept thinking. She thought about the large man, but didn’t recognize him at all. Then she thought about the geek.

He hadn’t really looked geeky, but there was something about him. They way the suit almost overpowered him, and the meek, shy way he acted, with a twinge of anger.

She thought, and thought, and, finally, it clicked. He looked awkward in his suit, because he wasn’t some corporate big shot. He was a local farmer, not much older than Chloe. He was the one that had been supplying the grain for the plant she had written an article about. It was supposed to be going to print tomorrow, and all of a sudden, it all made sense.

She figured the farmer was upset, and was trying to get revenge. Just as she cemented the information in her head, there was a noise downstairs.

Lex ran into the plant, immediately noticing how empty it was. It was pretty open, but there were a few rooms on the upper level, so he ran in to check them out.

Chloe stood up, gulping, and moving over to the door. Just as she reached it, it swung open, startling her back.

“Looks like your friend isn’t coming.” Chloe’s heart pounded in time with her flopping stomach. So Lex wasn’t looking for her. Great. At least that means he wouldn’t end up hurt. “We even gave him a call on your phone, but he didn’t even pick up.”

“Must be in an important meeting.” Chloe fought to get her sharp tongue back, but, knowing she was in actual danger made it difficult.

The farmer smiled. The large man stood by the door, protecting the farmer, Chloe assumed. “Well, at least now we get to talk.” That made Chloe a little nervous.

“Talk about what? Why you kidnapped me? I assumed it wasn’t for my cashew chicken recipe.”

The geek withdrew a gun, and her heart sank. Oops. “I’d watch that quick intellect, Miss Sullivan. It’s the reason you’re here right now. Do you not know who I am?”

Chloe searched her brain for a name, coming up with, “Jeremy Baker. You supplied the grain for the plant. Except you used meteor rocks to both grow and help process the grain. You killed dozens of people, and then you and the company you were working for packed up and left.”

The geek closed his eyes. “Good. At least you remember when you ruin someone’s life.”

Lex had searched the whole top level of the plant, but found nothing. Running from the empty building, Lex jumped in his car and sped to the office building.

Chloe’s green eyes narrowed. “Ruin your life? Are you insane? You killed people!”

“It was an accident!” The large man tensed up, prepared to intervene. Chloe’s mouth dropped open.

“An accident? You had to know using suspect meteorite was potentially dangerous! And even if it wasn’t, you don’t just murder people and leave! You own up and take responsibility for the victims and their families!” Jeremy’s jaw twitched, and he turned to the large man.

“Carl? Will you leave us for a moment?” The words were more of a command than a question, but Carl nodded and left the small room, leaving the door open a crack.

Lex raced from his car, rushing into the building. Slowing down, he was facing a stairway. He heard noises above him, so, silently, he crept up the stairs. He held his gun low, and moved toward the noise. Seeing a sliver of light, he ducked back, and saw a large man leave the room and walk toward him.

As he ducked back, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Looking at it, it displayed a missed call…from Chloe. He felt a wave of relief, and immediately called her back, hoping it was nothing more than a misunderstanding.

Jeremy was right in front of her now, the gun in his hand pointed at Chloe’s forehead. Her heart was racing, and as Jeremy started to say something, a phone rang.

No, not a phone. Her phone. Jeremy glared at her, before reaching into his pocket for her phone. Glancing quickly at the Caller I.D, he smirked.

“Hi Lex.” There was a pause, no sounds beside Lex’s muffled reply and Chloe’s heavy breathing. “This is Jeremy Baker.” Another pause. “I take it from that response, that you’ve read Chloe’s article. That’s not good news for you. See, I need that article gone. Along with any loose ends.”

There was a long pause, and then Jeremy shifted closer to Chloe, the barrel of the gun now brushing her cheekbone. “I’d tone those threats down, Lex. After all, they’re going to be pretty useless after I squeeze this trigger.”

Chloe nearly blacked out at the sight before her. “Not if I pull mine first.”

Lex had heard Chloe’s phone ring after he dialed, in the room the large man had come out of. The man’s back was to him, and as Lex waited for it to pick up, he hit him in the back of the head with the butt of the gun.

He slowly moved closer and closer to the kidnapper as he talked, and soon was standing right behind him, having slowly opened the door, and pressed the barrel of his gun to the back of his head.

He clicked the safety off as he spoke behind the man. He proceeded get the man, Jeremy Baker, to set his gun down. Lex had immediately dialed his team, canceling their trip out there, and 911, calling in the crime. He walked Jeremy over to the large man’s unconscious body, before hitting him the same way, then turned to Chloe.

“Chloe?” Lex’s voice was soothing, and before he knew it, Chloe was in his arms, crying. He stroked her hair and mumbled soothing words in her ear, telling her it was over, and that she was safe.

He heard her gasped gratitude a moment later, before shushing in her ear, and she snuggled closer. Lex alternated between his soothing words and watching her captors, as they waited for the police to come.

After four minutes of holding Chloe, the last few hours took their toll, and Lex needed to sit down, as he was sure Chloe did. Gently scooting with her, he grabbed the steel chair, and set it in front of the door, so he could still watch them. He then sat down, bringing Chloe with him, until she was sitting on his lap.

They stayed like that for six more minutes as the police made it out to the town limits.

Chloe had calmed down by the time they got there, but she still hadn’t gotten up from Lex’s lap. He continued to stroke her hair, not wanting her to feel like she had to get up. He was just glad she was safe.

Well, holding her wasn’t bad, either.

Lex heard the police coming up, and whispered, “Sweetie, the police are here,” before he could catch his slip.

Chloe let Lex’s endearment slide. She knew he was probably just feeling protective and nurturing at the moment. Which she was enjoying. Lex’s strong arms around her made her feel safe enough to make up for the last few hours, and she didn’t want to get up.

In fact, she didn’t want to do anything, especially talk to police, except stay in his arms.

“Chloe.” It was whispered in her ear, very sweetly. Chloe shook her head a little. “The police are here.”

He was stroking her head, and she muttered, “Please… not tonight?” His grip tightened, and as he greeted the police, he let Chloe stay on his lap. Her arms were around his neck, her face buried in his chest, and as she tightened her grip, she was sure it was becoming difficult for him to breathe.

She felt him talk to the police, his smooth voice manipulating the officers into letting Chloe contact them tomorrow. As she heard them relent, she placed the softest of kisses on Lex’s chest, so light she knew he couldn’t have felt it.

Lex waited for the officers to turn around before letting a smirk show, at the touch of Chloe’s lips to his chest. They’d been given permission to go home, seeing as Chloe had no injuries, and the men were unconscious on the floor. And, well, Lex Luthor had told them to allow it. You didn’t argue with that.

Lex squeezed Chloe’s arm, and gently disentangled her arms. At the displeased noise she made, Lex smiled slightly. “Don’t you want to leave?” She nodded meekly, and they walked silently out of the office building.

Chloe put her arms around her waist as Lex led her out of the building. His hand was resting on the small of her back, but without his full body heat, Chloe was now cold. She looked at Lex, in his thin gray dress shirt, and realized that he must be even colder than she was.

He opened the door to his car, and helped her in. He ran around to the other side and got in quickly, turning on the car, and pumping up the heat. “Sorry I don’t have a jacket to offer. I left the mansion in a hurry.” Chloe faced the window and smiled, his comment warming her more than any sport coat could.

Lex slowly backed the car out, and started to drive. As he got closer to town, he spoke up. “Chloe?” She looked over at him. He pulled over on an empty dirt road, and turned to face her. “Are you alright?” She laughed.

He laughed lightly, too, and clarified. “I mean, how do you feel. I know Gabe’s out of town, and Clark…” She made a sad face. “Where would you like to go? I don’t know if you want to be alone, or if, maybe Lana…?” He was unsure of what to do, and he felt like an absolute doof.

“Can…I mean, if it’s alright…could I use one of the rooms, in the mansion?” Lex was taken aback by her question.

“Of course. But are you sure you wouldn’t rather be with a…friend?” He choked slightly on the last word, and he hoped she hadn’t noticed.

“Lex, we are friends.” She looked down. “I mean, aren’t we?” He gave a small, but genuine smile, and stroked her hair.

“I’d like to be.” Chloe placed her hand over his, now cupping her cheek. She turned her head slightly, and, not breaking eye contact, kissed his palm. The gesture was oddly erotic, and Lex turned quickly, breaking the mood. He tried to cover it with a cough, but was doubtful that it fooled the bright woman beside him.

As he drove towards his home, he remembered how it felt to hold Chloe in his arms; her usually energetic self, calm, curled around his body. The feelings of desire toward her weren’t exactly knew—he’d been developing romantic feelings for her as their time together grew in length, but knew she was hopelessly in love with his best friend.

He’d found her attractive, and thought about her sexually, but her kiss on his hand had been the first time he felt like he might end up losing control and letting her know how he felt.

He swallowed the small lump in his throat as he climbed out of the now-parked car, and helped Chloe out. They walked the few steps to the mansion, and Chloe grabbed his hand as they walked inside.

Chloe had been in the mansion often, especially in that last few weeks, but she’d never been in Lex’s bedroom, or the spare bedroom, down the hall. She followed Lex, neither of them speaking, but she moved closer to him, and squeezed his hand occasionally.

Chloe noticed what looked like a small smile as she moved closer, but waved it off. She’d been becoming more emotionally attached to Lex over the past few weeks, but ignored the feelings, assuming they were caused by their frequent togetherness.

But when Lex cupped her cheek in the car, she felt…different. Her stomach tightened, her breath hitched, and she wanted nothing more than for him to kiss her. Knowing it wouldn’t happen, she settled for kissing him, and pressed her lips to his palm.

Chloe snapped out of her daze at Lex’s worried face. “Chloe?” He was obviously repeating himself, and Chloe smiled, to reassure both of them.

“Sorry. I guess I’m a little tired.” She added a quick yawn, but it wasn’t very convincing. Lex brushed her hair quickly, giving her a tender look, before leading her into the plush room.

It was done in warm tones, beige, brown, and what her crayon box called, “burnt sienna.” She immediately sat on the bed, closing her eyes at the softness beneath her. Her eyes fluttered open at Lex’s rumbling laugh, and she gave him a playful glare. “What?”

“You are obviously ready to sleep.” He shifted slightly. “I’m afraid I don’t really have anything for you, unless you’d like a pair of my pajamas?” Chloe walked up to him, standing right in front on him. She raised her hand to the top of her head, and slid it over to his neck, displaying their height difference.

“I think they’ll be a little long.” He chuckled, and gazed down at her soft features.

“I can have something brought over, but it’ll be a few minutes. Can you wait that long?” Chloe seriously considered it, looking from the bed, to her clothes, to Lex.

“I don’t think so. Could I maybe have a pair of your pajama bottoms?” Lex smiled, and left the room, gesturing her to follow.

She trailed him into his room, and stopped by his side, in front of the dresser. He slid open the top drawer, revealing one side of neatly folded boxers, the other holding pajama bottoms.

Chloe bit her lip, looking at the boxers. They looked like the size she had at home, and she didn’t really want to fool around with a drawstring as tired as she was. “Could I, maybe…” She gestured to the side with the boxers.

Lex made an odd sound, before reaching over, and picking up a light blue pair. He handed them to her, then shut the drawer. “Do you need anything else? A shirt?” Chloe looked at her clothes, then shook her head.

“I have a tank top on. This is great, thanks,” she gestured to the bottoms. Lex nodded stiffly, then walked her back to the guest room.

“I’ll let you go to sleep. If you need anything,” he subtley stressed the last word, “I’m right down the hall. Seriously, Chloe. Feel free to wake me.” She smiled, thanking him again, and watched him leave.

Lex walked back to his room, closing the door so he could change. He slipped off the gray dress shirt, and black pants, and put on a green pair of pajama bottoms. He was fairly certain that Chloe wouldn’t be coming into his room, so he didn’t bother with a shirt. He had no problem with her coming in, but he knew how stubborn she could be.

No doubt she was already putting up the walls she had let him see behind that night, when she cried on his shoulder.

Lex reopened the door, on the off chance she would seek him out, and climbed into bed.

Two hours after Lex had fallen into a deep sleep, he heard his name. It was quiet, but Lex knew he was hearing right. Remembering all that had happed, Lex started to get out of bed, to check on Chloe, but started running when he heard, “LEX!”

Chloe sat up straight, her spunky hair sticking all over, her black tank top twisted to the side, and the blanket pooled around her stomach. Lex burst in, pajama bottoms slung low on his hips.

After remembering her dream, Chloe jumped from the bed, and hugged Lex. “Thank God!” Lex’s arms wrapped around her immediately, and let his hands soothe her petrified hair.

“What happened? Are you alright?” Realizing her face was just left of his left pectoral muscle, Chloe brought her head back.

“I’m sorry, I woke you. It was just a dream.” She started to pull away, but Lex walked with her, sitting beside her on the bed. Waiting for her to continue, Lex furrowed his brow. “I… it’s silly.”

“Chloe, I’m sure it’s not. What happened?”

“We were back there… the office. Except, Jeremy heard you coming in, and he turned, and…” She looked away, a tear sliding down her face. Lex turned, so he was in front of her, again, and wiped away the tear.

“He killed me?” Chloe bit her lip and nodded, three more tears following the first.

“It was so real. Lex, I don’t know what I would do if… If you hadn’t…” Lex stroked her cheek, her hair, her forehead.

“But you’re fine. I’m fine. It all worked out.” Chloe was still lightly shaking, she he brought one of her hands to his chest, over his heart. “See?” Chloe looked down at her hand, his heart beating steadily behind.

A moment passed, and then, Chloe’s hand flexed.

Lex’s breath hitched. Chloe’s hand was now softly massaging his chest. Lex’s hand came up to cover hers, and they both looked at it. “See?” It came out as a squeak, Lex was sure of it.

“You’re OK. That’s…good.” Chloe was watching their hands move, exploring his body. As her hand quickly passed over his right nipple, Lex’s stomach fluttered, and his grip on her hand tightened slightly.

An embarrassingly squeaked, “Chloe,” passed through his lips, and she looked up at him. He watched her embarrassed face look down, and she pulled back from his chest, his hand still clasping hers.

Not letting it go, he heard, “Lex?” He used their joined hands to bring her chin up, and he looked into her damp green eyes. “How…Why did you come find me, tonight?” Lex briefly thought she meant now, after he heard her scream.

Realizing she was talking about the office, he smiled slightly. “I was concerned. You usually answer my calls.”

“So you just assumed I was being held in an old office building against my will?” She was pressing him for details, and because Lex didn’t want her to close off again, he gave them.

“I called you a few times, over about forty five minutes. I figured you wouldn’t have left home without your cell phone, since it was ringing, it wasn’t dead, and that you weren’t with friends because of…stuff.” Chloe laughed slightly at his word choice, but urged him to continue.

“I started to look for you; your house, the Talon, the Beanery, the Torch, but no luck.” She was still watching him, almost in awe, as he approached the tricky part of the conversation. “I was getting really worried, so I…snooped. I looked on your computer.” Seeing brief anger in her eyes, he rushed on. “I didn’t read anything personal; I just checked your story files, figuring if you were kidnapped for any reason, it would have to do with your damn reporting.”

Chloe smiled. “I’m not upset that you snooped, Lex. You saved my life. I think this qualifies for, ‘the end justifies the means.’” She looked at their still joined hands, frowning slightly when Lex pulled his back sharply.

“Well, I’m just glad you’re alright. I…We’ve been spending more time together, and I really like your company. I appreciate,” he caught her eye quickly before adding, “your friendship.” It had a hint of a question to it, but Chloe just smiled and leaned forward to hug him.

“Me, too.” It was mumbled into his neck, and after a moment, Chloe dropped a light kiss on his neck.

Chloe knew this was a bad idea. It was basically taking advantage, but all of the nice things he’d done and said…it was, well, flattering. “Chloe…” She ignored Lex, and pressed a slightly longer kiss in the same spot.

“Chloe.” He was louder this time. So she gave him a bigger kiss. “Chloe, don’t.” He placed his hands on her bare shoulders, and pulled her away from him. Noticing the self-doubt in her eyes, he smiled. “It’s not that I’m not…interested in you. I just don’t think you’re…in the right frame of mind right now.”

“You’re not taking advantage, Lex. Please.” She kissed the corner of his mouth. “I just want to thank you.” At that comment, Lex rose up from the bed, and stepped back a little

“You don’t need to thank me, Chloe. Certainly not like this.” Chloe followed him off of the bed, and placed her warm hands on his hips, the pinkies resting on his waistband.

“Please, Lex. I want this. I’ve been developing…feelings for you. Since we started spending more time together.” Lex fought her off, but it was lacking enthusiasm, so Chloe persisted. She grabbed his hand and made him sit on the bed, following onto his lap.

Lex was seriously close to losing it. Chloe was becoming more persistent, her hands skimming his sides. He was grateful, then, that he wasn’t ticklish. She had straddled him, the boxers she was wearing—his boxers—were riding up on her smooth thighs. As his hand stroked the soft skin of her belly, he snapped, capturing her mouth in a passionate kiss.

“God, Chloe,” He gasped, and they broke apart. She was smiling into his neck, peppering kisses down to his strong shoulder. “What,” she kissed him quickly, stopping his question with her skillful tongue. Lex briefly considered why she was so good at this if she was perpetually single, but lost his train of thought as her hand brushed below the waistband of his pajamas.

“Chloe, Chloe, wait.” He pulled back, looking at her face, and smoothing the hair off of her damp forehead. “You’ve had a very stressful evening—“

“So have you.” Chloe cut him off, smirking as she ground her hips against his.

Lex clenched his jaw, and moved his hands to her thighs. “I just…why? All of a sudden? When we weren’t even sure we were friends two hours ago.”

“I always thought we were friends.” It was a lie; they both knew it, and Chloe wasn’t sure why she said it. Sighing, she covered with a truth. “I guess, after that dream…and all you did…” She kissed him sweetly. “I guess I just really appreciate you.”

Lex slid his hands from her thighs to her waist, lifting her off of his lap, and onto the bed beside him. “This can’t be to thank me, Chloe. I told you, I don’t need one. I,” Lex looked at her beside him, her hair still sticking out, her lips swollen from the kisses they’d shared, tank top skewed, and boxers—his boxers—bunched around her pelvis. He took a risk.

“I’ve been…becoming interested in you, Chloe. Romantically,” he clarified, catching her cheek in his hand.

“Good.” She kissed him, again, slipping her tongue into his shocked mouth, and sweeping it over his teeth. Withdrawing, she placed a last kiss by the side of his mouth, and whispered, “Same here. It isn’t that tonight created my feelings for you, but…brought them to light.”

“Good enough for me.”

Both deciding they’d talked enough, they opted to communicate physically. Kissing again, Lex slid his hand under her shirt, stroking the small of her back. At her encouraging moan, he stroked it again, the other hand reaching under the front side to capture a breast. Breaking their lip lock, Lex kissed her neck, as Chloe’s hands ran from the back of his scalp to his lower back. She continued as he leaned her onto her back, his lean body covering her.

Again she took solace in his strong body protecting her, and the memory of him vowing to protect her urged a throaty gasp. Taking it as a sign of approval, Lex continued what he’d been doing, lifting her shirt to gain better access to her breasts.

With her spread beneath him, Chloe pushed his bottoms down, as he sucked and nipped at her chest. Lex kicked off the green plaid, continuing the sweet torture he was inflicting on his bedmate.

Noting that the only thing separating them now were the boxers—his boxers—Lex slowly pulled them off. Breaking apart to look down at her, Lex almost came when he saw her.

Chloe was now naked beneath him—she hadn’t been wearing anything under his boxers. He quickly buried his face in the curve of her neck, biting down on her collarbone just hard enough to leave a mark.

She bit her lip at the primitive gesture, both extremely turned on, and amused that such a little thing had been so…provocative to him.

Mouth still massaging the teeth marks in her flesh, Lex’s hand trailed down her body, stopping at the juncture between her thighs. Dipping his middle finger into her, Chloe gasped at the gentle penetration.

Lex brushed his lips with her own, as he spread her wetness. As Lex used his free hand to reach over to the bedside table, Chloe shook her head, breaking their fervent kiss. “Pill.” He looked down at her briefly, curious as to why she needed to be on birth control, but shook her head at him, a silent gesture telling him to let it go. She helped get him away from the thoughts in his head by rolling her hips toward his hand, reminding him of her uncomfortable state.

Lex removed his hand, using it to guide him into her, as she shifted her hips up to his sides. He eased forward, grunting, “Fuck, tight,” as she moaned her own expletives. Once he was completely inside, Chloe thrust her hips, encouraging him to move.

“God,” They both gasped, seconds apart. He thrust into her slowly, against the hurried scratching of her nails in his side. She buried her head in his neck, her sounds muffled by his flesh.

After a few torturous moments of his mercilessly slow movements, Chloe flipped them, taking control of the speed and angle. Lex seemed disappointed at the change, until his hands grasped her hips.

Chloe rested her hands on his chest, bringing them closer in contact. Lex tried to instruct her to move, but she was too caught up in the rhythm. He decided to use his hands instead, pulling her by her shoulder blades, down, so he could continue to kiss her swollen lips. The contact caused the angle to change, bringing Chloe’s clit into contact with him,

Feeling himself tensing, Lex allowed Chloe to pull back up, and move erratically, desperately seeking release. “Need…” she managed to gasp out before Lex’s thumb reached the sensitive bundle of nerves above their joining.

After a few jerky strokes, Chloe stiffened up, moaning his name before collapsing onto his chest. Lex came with her, thrusting up as they both came down from their moment of euphoria.

They laid there a moment, Chloe on top of Lex, until she rolled to lie next to him. They faced each other, just making eye contact.

“Did you mean it?”

“About developing feelings?”

“Yes.”

“Did you mean it?”

A pause, and then they both nodded, neither noting who caved first. It was quiet for a moment, while they lay in comfortable silence. “You want to know why I’m on the pill, don’t you.” Lex looked over at Chloe. He pulled her closer, their faces inches apart.

“If you don’t mind telling me.” Chloe smiled, kissing him briefly.

“When I…lost my virginity…it was a spur of the moment, thing. You know, the ones the sex Ed teachers tell you to avoid? Well, we used a condom, but we were both really inexperienced, and we…fumbled it a little.” Lex looked at Chloe. “Ok, a lot. I got lucky, and obviously didn’t get pregnant, but still. I decided I better play it safe.”

“So you can sleep with guys ‘spur of the moment’?” Lex asked teasingly, so Chloe went with the light mood.

“I just slept with you, didn’t I?” Lex smiled, and kissed her delicately on the nose.

“Yes. And, it’s a pretty good thing we didn’t need a condom, because there are none in this table, and I would’ve had to leave for a moment.”

At the word leave, Chloe looked pensive. “Do you want to…go to your room?” Lex stared at her. “I mean, I think I’m OK, now.”

“I told you I would protect you, and I will. So if you want me to leave, you’re coming with me.” Chloe beamed, the same feeling passing through her as when she remembered the words herself.

Snuggling closer to Lex, Chloe reveled in his protective grasp, and slipped of to sleep. And didn’t have another nightmare.

daria_103
2nd July 2008, 23:10
Another great cliche. That was great, really sweet with just enough tension. I loved them dancing around each other unaware of the others feelings. I loved Chloes reason for being on the pill, sounds as awkward as two virgins can be.

persephone47
4th July 2008, 02:23
Very cute, I love the panic calling and her amusing voicemail recording.

hfce
4th July 2008, 22:44
Aww that was so sweet. I loved it. :)

wistfulwatcher
29th July 2008, 07:29
This is the third installment of the Cliche Series. If you haven't read the previous two, you can read this one; they are all one-shots, and independant of each other. You can find the first two on my website (http://www.freewebs.com/wistful-watcher/smallville.htm).

I do not own anything Smallville related, or anything else recognizable.

This goes out to Bee, who wanted me to write her some specific smut. I hope I dun good, Bee.

132. She was sure this time.

Chloe had been staring at the ornate ceiling tiles for twenty minutes now, and she was sure this time.

There were 132 swirls in the ceiling. It was gorgeous—like the rest of the house—swirls of gray bumping and overlapping multiple times.

Chloe blinked. Twenty minutes of insomnia had kept her from looking away from the ceiling, and she still wasn’t tired.

Her mind was racing; thoughts of her life, her future, her father, were mimicking the swirls above her. Lex had brought her back to Smallville, needing her to, again, testify against his father.

Chloe’s dad had stayed behind at the safe house, after Chloe insisted. He would come back once the trial was over, and Lionel Luthor was safe behind bars.

Chloe sighed and shifted on the plush bed. She’d come back to Smallville to help; herself, her father, Clark, Lex—heck, the whole town. Lionel Luthor was a force to be reckoned with, but then, so was Chloe Sullivan.

After a quick smile to her own thoughts, Chloe’s face dropped. No, she really wasn’t. Not even close to a match for the elder Luthor, as she was now cowering in a room, in a mansion, surrounded by security guards, and she’d had to fake her own death.

That was the worst part. Not only was her “death” inconvenient to her—since she wasn’t allowed to contact anyone—but it had been a huge story, and she hadn’t gotten to cover it!

She’d been cramped in a little, one bedroom, hole-in-the-wall safe house, along with her father. And while she loved her dad very much, she was not used to all the “quality time,” as he referred to it.

No, she could not wait to get away from him, and going back to Smallville was the perfect opportunity. Not to mention getting to help her best friend and the whole population of her small town.

And, she guiltily admitted to herself, the little thrill she got from Lex protecting her. She told herself it was nothing; she was merely a pawn to him, used to get what he wanted—his father behind bars.

Sure, they were friends, but it was nothing like a normal friendship, except for the occasional give-and-take; her giving information, and getting interviews. But they didn’t have anywhere close to the relationship she wanted them to have. There were not regularly long, deep talks, about history, cultures, art, relationships, the future, anything.

And it wasn’t like he was incapable. No, Lex Luthor was one of the most knowledgeable people she knew, and she craved stimulating conversation with him, if only for the fact that he was the only person on her level in this little slip of a town.

Chloe thought about her feelings toward the billionaire. Did she really only want friendship? She pondered.

She did feel a strong connection to him, emotionally, intellectually, and, she blushed, physically. Whenever they engaged in a little verbal judo, Chloe could feel a hot rush of desire sweep through her, leaving her panting and wet.

It was lucky for her that their sessions could get a little out of hand, and Lex would always write off the red cheeks and heaving chest as rage. If only he knew, she thought. Knew that he was occupying her thoughts more and more as of late.

Sure, she was still hung up on Clark Kent. She suspected she might always be in love with the shy farm boy. But as she’d waited at the rotting desk in her safe house, journal out and music blaring, she’d made a decision, a resolution, to move on.

And logically, Chloe knew that her new-found attraction to Lex was merely transference—a rebound infatuation.

But, lying in bed at one-thirty in the morning—just hours before she’d announce to the whole world that she really wasn’t dead—Chloe didn’t care. She was in his house, just feet from his bedroom, and she was feeling lonely, and unwanted, and kind of desperate.

So Chloe decided to do something about that. She crawled out of the warm, inviting bed, and tip-toed across the silent floor. She opened the door, and continued to sneak out, each step taking her closer to Lex.

When she got there, to his bedroom door, Chloe froze. What was she doing?

She stepped back, and looked around slowly. No one had seen her, but for a moment, she went crazy, and considered seducing Lex Luthor. Not that she could, mind you, but she could try.

So, shaking her creepy thoughts about watching him sleep, away, Chloe straightened up. And decided to go to his study.

Lex had been looking especially fragile this morning, like he had lots of work to do. Chloe saw him working all day, and figured that he would be in bed now. There was no need to check that.

She could read in the study. Books lined the upper level, and she’d burned through all of the reading material Lex had brought her at the safe house.

He’d visited her twice a month, and they were always random. He’d never stay for long, not wanting to risk her safety, but coming to give her some company. The second visit he’d made, three weeks and a day after her “death,” Gabe had been asleep. Chloe’d vented to Lex, then, about being cooped up with her overbearing father, and he’d listened sympathetically.

His reaction had surprised her, but she’d kept ranting, assuming he felt guilty about her current situation. Gabe slept through the whole visit, and Lex had made his guards wait outside. Chloe and Lex had been alone in a house for an hour and a half.

They’d talked about anything and everything—from her friends and Lex’s father, to Roman history and current politics. They’d argued, and agreed, and Chloe felt good for that hour and a half.

It was that day that made her crave the friendship she wanted from him even more. After that, she knew they were a great conversation match. She’d gotten a taste, and she wanted more.

But, aside from the feelings it caused, she was grateful for that day--that escape from reality. At one point in his visit, he’d gotten a phone call, and left the folding chair he’d been sitting in. When he came back, he sat on the bed next to Chloe, muttering about his back hurting.

Things had escalated at that point, and, had Gabe not woken up, Chloe might have kissed Lex. They’d just been talking, but they had slowly leaned into each other. Chloe was sure Lex had no idea, and any attempt at a physical relationship would be laughed off.

Still, she would have tried.

Walking into the study now, she crossed the large room, and headed up the stairs to the library. As she scanned the titles before her, she focused completely on the task at hand. So, when a low voice behind her rumbled, “Chloe?” she almost screamed.

Would have, if Lex hadn’t pinned her to the shelf she’d been browsing. His right hand cupped her mouth, and his left rested on her hip. Her eyes were wide, both in terror, and desire.

To have all of her Lex thoughts floating around in her head, and then to be grabbed by him like that…

She refocused on him as he removed his left hand from her hip, and brought it to his lips. She understood that he was telling her to be quiet, so she nodded, his hand falling from her mouth.

“I’ve been dealing with guards all night. I don’t want to do it again,” was his offered explanation. Then, looking at her, hair rumpled from sleep, skin flushed, thin tank top pushed above her navel, and baggy pajama bottoms riding low on her hips, he stepped back from her. “What are you doing up?’

“I couldn’t sleep.” She looked down. “You?” She waited for his reply, but when none was forthcoming, she looked up. “Lex?”

“I heard a noise outside my door, and then you weren’t in your room.” Chloe felt butterflies in her stomach, before she realized he was just concerned about losing his star witness.

“Oh. Well, I’m sorry I woke you up. You can go back to bed, now.” Lex looked at her.

“I’ll stay up with you.” Chloe shook her head.

“That’s ridiculous, Lex. I’m a big girl; I can take care of myself. All I’m going to do is read. If you want, I can take a book into my room, so you can go to sleep.”

Lex watched as Chloe turned around and started looking at the book titles. “Do you want to read?” Lex elaborated, “You’ve been cooped up in a small house for almost three months. Don’t you want to do something else?”

Chloe smiled and faced him. “Like what? Seriously, Lex. Go to bed. I don’t expect you to entertain me.”

“But I can be so entertaining.” Lex smiled back at her. “I’m awake, now.” He glanced at the lower floor. “Up for a game of pool?”

“You obviously have never seen me play.” Chloe started walking down the stairs. “But, if you can suffer through my inexperience…”

Lex laughed, meeting her in front of the table. “Well maybe I can fix your lack of experience.” Chloe looked up at him, standing just feet apart, and bit her cheek. She was enjoying flirtatious Lex, and she didn’t want to ruin it with her usual stupid comment.

“Gonna break?” Lex smirked at her question, and picked up two pool cues. He handed one to Chloe slowly, and kept the other.

“Do you know how to use that?”

“I think I can manage.”

Lex walked over to the end of the table, and took the rack off the balls. Chloe watched him, his movements smooth and self-assured, despite him wearing nothing but dark blue satin pajama bottoms.

He stopped next to her, at the head of the table. He set the cue ball down, aiming it ever-so-delicately at one of the side balls. Then, rearing back the stick, Lex hit the cue ball, sending it crashing into his target. He sank three balls, all solids; one into the left side pocket, and one into each of the back pockets.

He turned to Chloe and smiled. She glared at him, grumbling out, “This is so not fair.”

Lex laughed, and took another shot, missing. “Don’t worry, I’ll help you.” Chloe gave one last pouting look, then faced the table.

“Ok, help me. Which one should I hit?” Lex looked at the table, then pointed.

“Six ball, right side pocket.” Chloe looked up at him.

“Are you kidding me?!” Lex smirked and walked over to her.

“It’s simple, really.” Chloe shot him an apprehensive look. “Here.” Lex walked over to the side of the table, and stood in front of the ball he was telling Chloe to shoot for. “Look at me, and line up the shot.” Chloe did what Lex told her, and leaned over the table, eying the six ball. “OK, now, aim more towards the six ball’s left side.”

Chloe moved a little. “Like this?” Lex nodded, and Chloe copied Lex’s previous movement. Except she missed the cue ball, and ended up bent over the table, cue under her, face to the felt.

“Snooker,” Lex mumbled.

Chloe’s face flew off the table. “Did you just call me a hooker?!” Lex laughed, setting his pool cue down.

“A snooker. It means an inexperienced billiard player.” Chloe gave Lex a little glare, then peeled herself off of the pool table.

“Ew, my mouth tastes like green felt, now.”

“Baize.” Chloe looked at him. “The green felt. It’s called baize.”

“OK, now you’re just showing off.” Looking at the cue ball still sitting exactly where she tried to hit it, she sighed. “I should just read.”

“I told you I’d help you. Line it up again.” Chloe did what Lex told her. Lex walked over behind her this time, and leaned down, his chest touching her back.

His hands covered hers, and his mouth came down to her ear. “Now,” he started, his warm breath tickling her. “Move with me.” She gulped. This is not going to end well for me.

Lex positioned her the correct way. He slid his hand up the cue, directing her as he went. “Your left hand should make a guide for the cue, like this.” He moved her left hand with his left, then slid his hand back up to her elbow.

“And your right hand should rest either on my butt, or my shaft.” Chloe stood up straight and faced him.

“What did you just say?” Lex paused for a moment, and squinted.

“I said your right hand,” he picked up her right hand, “rests on the butt,” he put her hand on the end of the pool cue. “Or the shaft.” He moved her hand to the middle, tapered part of the cue.

At Chloe’s blush, Lex smirked. “What did you think I said?” Chloe’s blush deepened, and she giggled awkwardly.

“It’s not important,” Chloe said, before she turned around. She leaned down again, getting back into position.

“Good,” Lex said into her ear, as he adjusted her slightly. “Now pull your arm back, your hand still on the shaft.” Chloe gulped, but did as Lex told her. His movements followed hers, and as she shot the cue forward, she felt his hips pull closer to her ass.

She stayed where she was as she watched the six ball drop into the right side pocket, and smiled. “I did it!” She turned around, and grinned at Lex. “Thank you.”

They were just inches apart when Lex told her she got to go again, and she walked around to find a good shot. She pointed at one, and Lex nodded, agreeing it was a good move.

Chloe leaned down, and waited. “Help?” Lex laughed, and took his place behind her.

“But this is the last time. Otherwise you’ll end up better than me, and I can’t stand to lose.” The words were meant as a joke, but Lex’s deep voice in her ear was too distracting, and instead of laughing, Chloe let out an inaudible moan.

Immediately following this, Lex shifted behind her, his hips bumping her backside as his hand gripped hers on the shaft. They moved together to hit the ball, but Chloe’s hand twitched at the last second, and, like her first shot, she ended up face down on the table.

This time, however, Lex came with her, his arms on either side of her head, his face buried in her neck, and his pelvis resting on her ass. Chloe tried to get up, but when she moved her arms to rest on her elbows, Lex’s lips made contact with her neck.

The gasped moan that passed Chloe’s lips escaped before she could stop it. Lex obviously heard it, because he shot up, his arms mimicking hers. Chloe and Lex just stood there for a second, neither sure what to do next.

Chloe got up first, Lex moving with her to accommodate her. His hands flew to her waist, as she stood up. She turned around then, Lex’s hands sliding across her back and stomach. Looking up at Lex, Chloe’s hands rested on his bare chest, and they stood there for a moment.

“Chloe, I—“ Chloe’s hands slid up Lex’s chest, intertwining behind his neck. She pulled his head down, cutting off his words, and their lips touched. She smiled, as his hands moved from her hips to her waist, then behind her back.

Their kissing grew more passionate and fevered as Lex pulled Chloe closer. His hand pressed into her back, bringing her hips into contact with his, and his lips traveled from hers, down her neck to her collarbone.

“Bed,” she gasped, as his teeth nipped at her flesh. He started walking backwards, pulling her with him. “No,” she moaned, pulling back. “Bed of the table.”

Lex smiled and picked her up, setting her on the baize. She leaned back and swept the balls into the pockets, while Lex joined her on the felt. He moved over her, his hand going to her tank top while his lips moved to the hallow in her neck.

Chloe’s hand dipped under his pajama bottoms, her blonde hair spilling beneath her as Lex’s lips moved down her sternum. “Lex,” she moaned out, as he pulled the shirt over her head, his lips moving away from her momentarily.

Her breasts now bared to him, Lex took her right nipple in his mouth, as his thumb manipulated her left. Chloe tilted her head back even farther, as her hand pulled his pants down to his thighs.

Flipping them over, Chloe pulled her chest away from Lex’s mouth, and straddled his knees. She kissed him quickly, before her hands trailed down his chest, reaching for his cock.

Lex tilted his head back as Chloe stroked him. The stroking continued as she kissed a path up his chest. Lex felt her smile against his toned flesh, and his hands tangled in her hair.

Lex’s breath started catching, and Chloe slowed down, before removing her hand from his cock. She reached for the drawstring on her pants, pulling them down, before awkwardly kicking them off.

Once they were both bare, Lex flipped them back, putting Chloe underneath him. Her legs moved up, cradling his hips, as he rocked into her. Lex leaned down, and nibbled on her ear, while he guided himself into her.

They moaned simultaneously, as they both took a moment to adjust to each other. Lex whispered, “Chloe, oh… God…” in her ear as she started thrusting her hips up. His hands moved to her thighs, as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

Lex gained momentum, thrusting harder and faster to keep up with Chloe’s panted commands. “Lex…need,” and his hand was on her clit, rubbing in tight circles.

Her breathing got labored and erratic as she neared her climax, Lex’s not far behind. “Oh… close, Lex!” Chloe panted out before she came, her body going stiff as she rode out her orgasm.

Lex came just seconds after, moving his lips from her ear to her neck before biting down. After a moment of recuperation, Lex moved off of Chloe, lying beside her, spent.

“I think you made up for my lack of experience.” Lex looked at Chloe and smiled.

“Better than reading a book?” She smiled back.

“It certainly took my mind off my insomnia.” They both looked up at the ceiling, and Chloe noticed it was exactly like the one in her room. It brought her back to reality, and Chloe realized what had just happened.

It wasn’t that she felt it was a mistake; no, she’d wanted this for a few months now. But Lex, on the other hand, was another story. She pictured herself right now, blonde hair, short, curvy body. Quite the opposite of Lex’s usual conquests.

Was it pity, maybe? She had come on to him. Chloe sat up. As she started to move off the table, Lex caught her wrist. “How did you know this is called the bed?” Lex gestured to the middle of the table.

“Lucky guess?” Lex looked unconvinced. “So I knew a little about pool. I think my phony inexperience gave this night a good ending?” She ended the last bit as a question, giving Lex a chance to reassure her.

Sitting up, Lex kissed her. “Definitely.” He got off the table, and helped Chloe down. They pulled on their clothes quickly, and as Chloe straightened her tank top, she glanced at the pool table.

“You may need to buy a new table,” she gestured to the darker spot where they had been.

“Never,” Lex murmured before pulling Chloe to him. Kissing her gently, he led her back his bedroom.

Once they entered his room, Chloe froze. “Um, good night,” she said, shyly, before backtracking out of the room.

“Chloe? Come back here.” Chloe listened to Lex, and walked back into his room. “Where are you going?” Chloe shrugged her shoulders.

“I didn’t figure you’d want company.”

“That’s foolish. How could you think that? You’re lucky you got your own room at all.”

Chloe crinkled her forehead in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“You really don’t know?” Lex looked her in the eye, before pulling her down to the bed. “I’m worried about you, Chloe. So worried, I almost insisted we sleep in the same room, so you weren’t alone.” At Chloe’s blank look, Lex looked away.

“Nothing’s going to happen to me before the trial, Lex. I’m safe.”

“The trial? You think I’m only worried about your safety because of the trial?” Lex stroked Chloe’s hair. “I know I’m a notorious playboy, but I don’t sleep with friends unless I see a future.”

The two looked at each other for a moment, before Chloe smiled. “I see a future, too.”

BeachBabi
29th July 2008, 12:21
Yay! I have been waiting for this, Love it can't wait for number 4. I love your writing!

hfce
29th July 2008, 23:38
That was really sweet. :)

lj715
30th July 2008, 01:08
Loved it.

nebti
31st July 2008, 21:32
I really loved it.

Zannie
20th August 2008, 14:04
I just clicked on this one because of the title--I always love kidnapping stories--and, what do you know, my angst is blamed for the mood of it. The story is great. I can't believe it only has three replies. You must have posted it directly to the completed section, where new stories sometimes get overlooked.

The pacing of this was perfect, moving quickly and only spending time on the yummy parts. The quickly shifting POV's really kept the pace moving. I loved the "ring" sequence early on, and these lines were perfect:

So, out of any other solutions, Chloe did the logical thing. She pouted.

Hopeless, she apparently was not.

And you even used the wonderful cliche of Lex running into Chloe's bedroom to comfort her after a nightmare! Which led to some very nice lovin'. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for writing it.

wistfulwatcher
27th August 2008, 09:00
Author's Note: This is the fourth in the Cliche Series. Up next will be "Hero." You can find the list of all 17 Cliche Sex Situations here (http://freewebs.com/wistful-watcher/clichelist.htm).

I noticed last night that I hadn't updated my Cliche series in a month, so here's the next installment. Weakness will be updated soon, too.

Disclaimer: Nope, still don't own them.

The more feedback comes in, the faster "Hero," gets written!

Chloe huffed, her choppy bangs flying away from her eyes. As they came floating back to her damp forehead, she rolled her eyes, and leaned back onto the leather couch.

Looking up from the folder in his hands, Lex asked, “You OK?”

Chloe took a deep breath, before muttering out, “Yeah.” She could feel every inch of her body ache, stationary for too long. She imagined herself in that moment; face a tired pink, eyes red, accompanied by faint purple underneath.

She’d been in the same room for almost four hours now. Lex had reluctantly asked for her help investigating one of his employees, who he suspected was spying on LuthorCorp for another company.

That had been almost a week ago, and, this evening, she’d gotten an email from her contact at Wayne Enterprises. He was the personal assistant of the CIO for the company, the highest up in regards to information—just steps down from Bruce Wayne himself. Her contact confirmed that his boss had hired Adam Thayne, the employee Lex suspected.

Chloe had almost called Lex that moment, but instead finished the letter. In the last few sentences, the assistant clarified that Mr. Wayne had no knowledge of his CIO hiring Adam Thayne, and would furious if he found out.

Chloe looked over at Lex, immersed again in his folder.

She had been relieved when she’d read the last part of the letter. Lex had been betrayed enough in his lifetime, and she knew he had a past with Bruce. A subject she hadn’t been sure how to handle had become infinitely easier, and, armed with her knew information, she had headed over to Lex’s mansion.

She’d been curious, when Lex first approached her with the request. They’d never been particularly close, though they’d exchanged pleasantries and biting remarks when put in the same room.

Lex had admitted, albeit reluctantly, that his staff had failed to find Adam Thayne guilty. Also fairly reluctantly, he’d confessed to reading the Smallville Torch, and being impressed with her investigational skills.

Chloe pinched the bridge of her nose, and closed her eyes tightly, trying to stave off the fast approaching migraine.

Once she’d gotten to Lex’s mansion, he’d let her in immediately. She’d explained her findings, and he’d listened intently. When she finished, he was silent for a moment, as he figured out what to do.

After reaching a decision, he’d picked up the phone in front of him, telling whoever was on the other line to call Bruce Wayne. Chloe had been uncomfortable in the silence, waiting, so she’d attempted to wait outside. Lex had motioned for her to stay, so she had, as she’d listened to the one-sided conversation.

Chloe removed her hand from her face, and dropped it by her side, completely spent. Looking to the pile of papers in front of her, she’d sighed again, before standing up. Lex watched her, curiously, as she’d shucked off her purple velour jacket, and stretched. Now clad in a blue tank top, she plopped back down onto the expensive couch.

After Lex had gotten off the phone, he’d explained that Bruce had learned of the situation just an hour ago, after reading a very interesting email, sent from his CIO’s assistant, to a high school email account.

Chloe’d had the decency to blush at this comment, before letting Lex continue. Bruce had explained that he’d had trouble with the CIO before, and that he’d just pulled all of his emails, sent within the last six months.

Which, he’d promptly sent to Lex, for him to sort out. Because, Lex had quoted, “It seems you’ll have the proper…assistance.” Lex had been cut off at this point, as one of his employees entered the room with a cart full of folders and papers.

Papers that the two had been pouring through for hours. As Chloe picked up another small stack, she glanced at Lex. While she had been shifting and twitching in an attempt to become comfortable, Lex had stayed almost completely still. He hadn’t felt the need to stretch at all in the last few hours, not like Chloe had.

But, looking closer, Chloe could see similar signs of fatigue. While he was reading the emails, she noticed him shut his eyes tightly a few times, grunt softly, and clench his jaw. She also noticed it took him almost twice as long to read one page as it had when they started.

Deciding to do them both a favor, Chloe set her papers down, and cleared her throat. Looking up from the papers, Lex smirked. “’Sure you’re OK?”

Giving him a half-guilty look, Chloe asked, “Do you mind if we take a break? I’m starving.” Lex smiled, and nodded.

Stretching as he got up, he spoke. “I’ll call down to the kitchen. I’m sure they can make us something.”

Shaking her head, Chloe laughed softly. “Do you mind if I just make something? I think I need to stretch a little anyway.”

“Sure. I’ll help you.” Noticing her wary face, he sighed. “I’m a grown man, Chloe. I’m very capable of making a midnight snack.”

Snarling as she realized it was almost midnight, Chloe trudged out the door, and down the steps. Pausing in front of them, she watched as an equally tired Lex landed in front of her. Silently taking the lead, he walked through a hallway, leading to the kitchen.

She smiled as she realized he’d called her Chloe, again. He’d been doing it more and more, and every time he did, she felt a little flutter in her stomach. She’d been reluctant to admit it to herself, but she’d been developing quite the little crush on the billionaire. So, when he’d asked her to help him with his company—trusted her to investigate—she’d felt the same flutter.

Absorbed in her thoughts, Chloe almost walked into Lex, as he held the door open for her. Mumbling an apology as she slid past him, she felt her cheeks grow even pinker. Deciding it was best if Lex didn’t see her obvious blush, Chloe opted to dig in the fridge, effectively hiding her face.

Once her face felt cool again, Chloe realized what she was in there for. Digging out some lettuce, tomato, and cheese, she turned to set them on the island behind her. She felt Lex watching her, so she turned to the refrigerator again.

After a moment, she turned around, container of lunch meat in hand. Smirk on her face, she questioned, “Lex? I thought you said you were a grown man.” At his blank face she tipped the container so he could see. “Hmm. Bologna; not just for twelve-year-olds anymore.”

Lex let out a genuine laugh, honest and rich. Chloe smiled back at him, before opening the fridge one last time. Grabbing a container of mayonnaise, she laid her ingredients before her. “Lex? Where do you keep you-“

Setting a loaf of bread in front of her, Lex smirked. Putting his hands up in defense of her glare he said, “It may be late, but I do still know how to make a sandwich.” Pausing a moment, he added, “Fine. Since you’re so wary of my culinary skills, sit back and watch the master.”

Chloe giggled, but did as he said, taking a seat on a stool next to the island. She watched as he grabbed a knife from a nearby drawer, and started spreading the mayo on the bread. Seeing Lex so unguarded, so relaxed, was very strange, but Chloe reveled in it; in seeing this new side.

Logically, she knew he was tired, and most likely a little buzzed, based on all the Scotch he’d consumed as they’d worked. But it wasn’t a major concern—guiltily she admitted to herself that she didn’t really care how she got to be closer to Lex.

Putting her elbows on the wooden countertop, Chloe leaned forward, before resting her chin on her right fist. “So do all billionaires know how to make bologna sandwiches?”

“Of course.” Pausing his movements, Lex looked her in the eye, before adding, “But don’t tell anyone. It’s a billionaire secret.”

Stacking the sandwiches on top of each other, Lex sliced them both down the middle, before grabbing two plates, and setting the sandwiches delicately on them. Watching as Chloe reached for one of them, Lex shook his head, scolding her. “I’m not done yet.”

“What, do you know how to make soup, too?”

“Of course. That’s actually just the millionaire secret; I was let in on that one when I was in high school.” Chloe laughed softly, her eyes closing, as she let her head fall to the table.

A few moments later, she felt a vibration on the table. Lifting her head reluctantly, she took in the sight before her. Lex was sliding a plate with the sandwiches, potato chips, grapes, strawberry halves, and a sprig of parsley toward her.

Smiling sleepily, she asked, “Geez. How long was I out?”

Laughing again, Lex replied, “Not too long. A minute or so. This isn’t the first time I’ve needed a midnight snack.” Watching as she took the first bite of her sandwich, Lex asked completely confidently, “Does it pass the Sullivan taste test?”

Pretending to chew very cautiously, and taking her time before responding, she slowly shook her head. “It does. Good sandwich.”

Taking the first bite of his, Lex swallowed, then asked, “Do you want to call it quits yet? I know you said no an hour ago, but you look tired.”

Snorting around her sandwich, Chloe rolled her eyes. “You don’t look like a million bucks yourself, Lex.” Seriously considering, she shook her head. “No. I feel like we’re really close, and I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep knowing this was here, anyway.” Feeling a wave of self-consciousness, she added, “Do you want to turn in for the night? I can take some folders home, or—“

“No. I feel the same way; I’d end up working after you left.” The two sat in a fairly awkward silence, just munching on chips, fruit, and sandwiches.

Deciding to break it, Chloe asked, “So. What’s going on between you and Clark?”

Lex looked up. “What’s going on between you and Clark?”

Chloe pursed her lips. “Touché.” Narrowing her eyes, Chloe asked, “Did Clark say something to you?”

Swallowing a grape, Lex frowned. “Nothing specific. He just mentioned you’d been acting strangely around him.” Watching as she looked down at her plate, Lex smirked. “You have, haven’t you? Well, what happened?”

Finally making eye contact, Chloe sighed. “It’s not important.” Quickly changing the subject, Chloe asked as she popped a grape into her mouth, “So why are you acting all weird with Clark?”

Not one to be easily dissuaded, Lex smirked. “Chloe, we were talking about you and Clark, remember?” Lex watched as Chloe nibbled on a strawberry. Narrowing his eyes, Lex thought of something. “Did he do something to you? When you two were all cozied up in his barn?”

Confused, Chloe furrowed her brow, before the first part of his mini-outburst sunk in. “Do something?” Bursting out in laughter, Chloe felt tears prickling her eyes. “Clark?! Do… Oh my God, no!” Calming down, Chloe sadly added, “That’s kind of the problem.”

Lex looked down at his sandwich, suddenly at a loss for words. As the last part of Lex’s question sank in, Chloe dropped the chip she was about to eat. “Wait. Cozied up? What are you talking about?”

Narrowing his eyes, Lex frowned. “You don’t remember?” At her blank stare, he went on. “A week ago, when I came into the barn to talk to Clark, and you and Pete were there.” Still getting nothing, he reluctantly added, “You were in his arms…?”

“Lex, I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Scoffing at the table, Lex realized what happened. “The parasite…” he mumbled. Looking up to see Chloe scrutinizing him, Lex finished his sandwich.

“Lex, was that all that happened? Clark told me nothing exciting went on.”

“That’s true. You were just hyped on adrenaline.” Meeting Chloe’s eyes, he blinked. “Chloe, I promise. There were no major events I’m withholding. To be honest, I came into the barn just as Clark was setting you on the ground, so I don’t even know the whole story.”

Chloe pursed her lips before nodding sharply, satisfied with his answer. She finished her sandwich as Lex snacked on the fruit remaining on his plate. They sat in silence for a few minutes, mild crunching the only noise in the pristine kitchen.

Finally, after a few sneaky glances Lex’s way, Chloe turned to him. “Did I say or do something to you? You seem…” furrowing her brows in confusion, she finished, “uncomfortable.” Noting the rapid beat of his temple, she waited.

“You…” Lex cleared his throat. “You made a comment about me needing a toupee.” Catching her eye quickly, he smirked. “See, I told you it wasn’t a big deal.”

Chloe’s eyes softened, as she set her hand on Lex’s bare forearm; he’d rolled his sleeves up before he made the meal. “I’m sorry, Lex. I apologize for saying that, and anything else I did to make you uncomfortable that day.”

Lex smiled at her, but she could tell he wasn’t convinced. “If it makes a difference, I don’t think that.” Waiting for him to make eye contact, she added, “At all. I assume I was trying to get a rise out of you. But I’ve never thought you needed to cover your uniqueness.”

Lex had made eye contact, and now it was so powerful, so intense, Chloe could do nothing but gulp. Leaning in a little bit, she lowered her voice. “Actually,” her hand raised of its own accord, coming to a rest on the top of Lex’s bald head. “I’ve always found it kind of sexy.”

Both of them froze for a moment, before Lex started leaning in closer. Just as Chloe’s eyes fluttered closed, she heard Lex speak gruffly. “We should get back to work.”

Chloe’s eyes flew open, seeing Lex stand up, her hand slipping off his shiny scalp. She pulled her lips in, almost protecting them, as she nodded. Clearing her throat in the uncomfortable silence, Chloe squeaked out, “Plates?”

“Leave them.” Lex was already out the kitchen door, heading back to the study. Chloe trudged up the stairs behind him, a blush rising to her cheeks. Still following Lex back into the study, she slid into her place on the couch, and soon the two fell back into a comfortable silence.

Well, a somewhat comfortable silence. About ten minutes in, Chloe asked Lex for a file, and he handed it to her, their fingertips brushing each other. They both looked away immediately, but soon it was forgotten.

Well, somewhat forgotten. A little after that, Lex stood up to get another file, but instead of sitting back down in his chair, he opted to sit on the other end of the couch. They looked at each other and smiled, before immersing themselves in the files.

Well, trying to, at least. Soon after Lex sat down, Chloe had trouble absorbing the details of the page. Deciding she needed a drink of water, she reached down to the bottle sitting on the floor. Right by Lex’s foot. After scooting over to reach it, Chloe realized what she was doing.

But when she retrieved it, and had it in hand, she started to sit back up. But instead, smacked the back of her head on Lex’s knee.

“Damn it!” Dropping the plastic bottle, Chloe grabbed the back of her head.

“Chloe? Are you alright?” Chloe turned her body to face Lex, her face scrunched up as she rubbed her head.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Sorry I hit your knee.” Lex looked up at her and gave a sad laugh.

“It was my fault; I moved my leg. Are you sure your head’s fine?”

Biting back her snarky response about her mental state, Chloe nodded. Lex moved her hand from her head, before pushing her hair to the side. Snorting, Chloe started to push his hand away. “Lex, it was your knee, not a brick.”

Looking at him as she finished speaking, Chloe realized how close they were. Lex moved his hand back up to her hair, before pulling her face closer to his. Capturing her upper lip between his, Lex gave Chloe a sweet kiss.

Chloe jerked her head back, surprised at his actions. She looked him in the eye, her own wide and startled. She gulped, and then their lips were connected again. Lex’s hand went back to her neck, his fingertips winding in her hair as he pulled her closer.

Chloe’s lips parted as Lex nudged them with his tongue. Slipping inside, he swept across her teeth, her lip, her tongue. Finally breaking for air, the two pulled back. Chloe took in Lex’s appearance—lips swelling, face unguarded, and eyes honest—as she caught her breath.

After the moment of pause, they came together again, more urgently than before. The kiss that had been sweet and languorous was now passionate and insistent. Soon, Chloe felt Lex’s hand on her waist, his fingers trailing up her sides, slipping under the blue tank top. She let out a little moan, smothered by Lex’s lips.

Chloe’s hands ran up Lex’s chest, sliding over his plum shirt. Still keeping their mouths connected, Chloe started to unbutton it, her hands hurried, almost frantic. Lex felt her intensity rise, his own matching. Pulling her closer by her waist, Lex’s hands moved up her spine, his hand resting in the curve there.

Finally done with the buttons, Chloe pushed Lex’s shirt to the ground, seeing it cover a stack of emails. Smiling, Chloe buried her face in Lex’s neck, kissing the flesh there. Lex pulled the tank up, revealing more and more creamy flesh. Stopped at her chest, Chloe reluctantly pulled back, letting Lex lift it over her arms and head.

Her shirt went to the same pile, before Lex copied Chloe’s earlier movements, kissing her neck. Moving down her chest, Lex nipped and suckled the pale skin. Chloe felt Lex pushing her back, so she followed his silent order, lying down on the leather couch. Lex continued his ministrations, before arriving at her pale green bra. Lex looked at her face for permission, which she silently gave, as she bit her lower lip.

Lex slipped the straps off her shoulders, before reaching behind her, and unfastening the bra. Looking her in the eye, Lex pulled it off, dropping it to the floor. Slowly, his eyes slid down her body, her breasts bare before him.

Lex saw Chloe stop herself from shielding her chest in self consciousness. Looking back to her face, Lex gulped. “You’re beautiful.” Chloe beamed, her face brightening with her trademark grin. Soon the emotion on Lex’s face was too much, and she blushed, turning her head to the side.

Lex ran his hand down Chloe’s sternum, her stomach clenching in pleasure. “Chloe?” She turned to Lex. “Is this the first… Have you ever…?” Lex trailed off, not sure how to ask her.

Saving him from his struggle, Chloe shook her head. Then, almost guiltily, said, “No, I’m not a virgin, Lex.” Chloe watched his face register surprise before quickly recovering. Lowering his head back to her neck, he mumbled against the flesh there. “I don’t know why I was surprised. I can barely keep my hands off of you—how could a teenage boy?”

Chloe bit her cheek to keep from grinning again, Lex’s words fulfilling a need for approval that she was ashamed to have. Not being able to keep her hands still, Chloe ran her fingertips down Lex’s muscular back. Feeling Lex’s mouth on her pert nipple, she shallowly dug her nails into his back.

Responding by raking his teeth gently over the rosy tip, Lex let his hands rest on the waist of her pants. Feeling Lex grow impatient with the belt there, Chloe pushed him back, making him sit on the couch. Standing to quickly remove the rest of her clothes, she came back to straddle his lap.

Their mouths met again, this time as Chloe tugged on Lex’s gray dress pants. After Lex unbuttoned and unzipped them, his hands moved toward her ass, running his hands over the firmness there.

Reaching her deft hand into his now opened pants, Chloe took Lex’s cock in hand, stroking the length as he grunted out, “Chloe…” Rising to her knees, Chloe kept one hand on Lex as she pushed his pants to his ankles, before lowering herself back to his lap.

Making eye contact, Chloe started to take him in, her intimate muscles clenching in anticipation. As the head of his cock brushed her slippery flesh, Chloe closed her eyes, and tilted her head back. Pausing a moment, Chloe looked back to Lex, his eyes now closed, before sinking down in one smooth motion.

Once connected, they took a minute to adjust, Chloe leaning forward to rest her head in his neck, before Lex did the same. Both inhaling the other’s scent, Chloe started to move, Lex’s hands on her waist.

She started off slowly, moving almost all the way off of him, before taking him all in again. Mewling in pleasure, Chloe increased the speed slightly, as she heard Lex let out a long moan.

She caught his lips with hers, as they kissed and moved together, their bodies rocking in rhythm with each other. Feeling the pressure building in her core, Chloe increased the speed, her falls back onto him getting rougher and deeper.

Lex thrust up with her, grabbing her hips tight enough to leave fingerprint bruises. Their movements now hindering their kisses, both were free to moan, and mewl, and grunt, both taking the opportunity.

Feeling herself getting close to her climax, Chloe spoke in time with the thrusts. “Lex….gonna…soon…so…close…” Immediately, Lex’s thumb was circling her clit, her inner muscles fluttering in surprise.

Both now too close to keep a rhythm, their bodies joined together violently, both desperately searching for relief. After a few more movements, Chloe felt the pressure start to burst, her climax washing over her in a silent calm.

Lex felt Chloe relax, his body too, succumbing to climax. A choked out, “Chl—“ was all he could say before he slumped backwards, his head lolling to the side on the back of the couch.

After a moment of silence, Chloe moved, letting Lex slip out of her with an embarrassing squish. She stood up, moving away to gather her clothes. She slipped on her pants and shirt, sans bra. Lex was noiseless on the couch, as he refastened his dress slacks.

Now irrationally embarrassed by Lex’s naked chest, Chloe turned away, and caught a glimpse of herself in the glass nearby. “Ugh,” she groaned. “I’m a mess.”

Feeling Lex come up right behind her, Chloe looked at his reflection in the glass. He was smiling at her cheek, not looking at her eyes in the glass. “You’re beautiful,” He repeated his words from before.

She turned to face him, her momentary embarrassment erased by his flattery. “Um, did you mean what you said?” The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them, but resisted the urge to flinch.

“What did I say?”

“About not being surprised. About you not being able to keep your hands off of me.” She blushed.

Cupping her cheek, Lex smiled as he spoke. “Of course I did. Do.” Noting Chloe’s look of apprehension, Lex looked down at the floor. Dropping her cheek, he added, “Do you remember what Bruce said? What I told you?”

Chloe shook her head. “About having the proper assistance?” Closing her eyes briefly in remembrance, Chloe nodded. “Well, I’ve mentioned you to him before.” Taking a moment to pause, Lex swallowed the lump in his throat. “I’ve had feelings for you for a while, now. I don’t know how you feel about this, but—“

“I’ve had feelings for you for a while, too.” Taking a breath of relief, both Lex and Chloe visibly relaxed. “Unfortunately, now I really am tired. Seeing as it’s already…one nineteen?...Geez. I better get home.”

“Isn’t your dad out of town?”

“Yeah, until tomorrow night.”

Smiling, Lex offered, “Would you like to spend the night?”

Nodding, Chloe walked to the couch. “I’d like that. Let me just grab…” Chloe tried to grab her bra, but it wouldn’t move. Laying down on the pile of papers, she reached for the end caught under the couch. Seeing it was caught on a paper, she pulled it out.

Quickly scanning, Chloe turned to Lex with a beaming smile. “Lex! This is it, this is what we need!” Taking the paper from her, Lex read the email that had eluded them for the past five hours.

Lex grabbed the phone from his desk, and walked over to Chloe. “Why don’t you go to the bedroom, and I’ll meet you in there once I tell Bruce.”

Chloe smiled, and nodded, heading out of the study. She walked the short hallway, arriving in front of the door she knew to be Lex’s room. Walking in, she noticed the beautiful bedspread, ornate furniture, and beautiful rugs.

Taking her pants off, Chloe climbed into bed, clad only in tank top and panties. She sat in silence a moment, before Lex entered the room. Shutting off the light, and crawling in beside her, he smirked.

“What happened?” Chloe looked at him, as she curled into his side.

“Apparently Bruce found the email at ten o’clock.”

“So we’ve been looking for hours, for nothing?!”

Looking uncharacteristically sheepish, Lex nodded. “Afraid so.”

Glancing up at Lex, to the bed, and feeling his warmth on her side, Chloe smiled. “OK.”

dagney
27th August 2008, 17:36
Thanks for the nice interlude. Dagney

lj715
27th August 2008, 19:00
Great job....very nice smut.

Zannie
27th August 2008, 22:32
I have no time to read today--I'm not sure why I even clicked on this thread. Except it wasn't a title I recognized and it sounded like another great cliche. And what do you know? It was.

This was great. I loved that Lex made the bologna sandwich, I loved their discussion about Clark and the incident in the barn, and of course I loved the smut. Your dialogue seemed particularly polished in this--really good job.

Thanks for writing it.

hfce
28th August 2008, 02:17
That was great and the smut was hot! :)

Zannie
4th September 2008, 13:03
I read this the other day too but didn't have time to leave feedback. This was another great cliche. I love little details like Chloe counting the ceiling tiles, the thrill she can't help but feel from Lex protecting her, and her hearing the pool-talk in a sexy way.

Her psychology here rings true to me, and the smut of course is great. And how perfect and Chloe-like for her to have been pretending her inexperience with pool the whole time! Great story.

wistfulwatcher
31st December 2008, 07:28
Hero

A/N: This was supposed to be up for Christmas, but it just didn’t happen. So, here is the fifth in the series of clichés. They are all independent of each other, but follow this list (http://www.freewebs.com/wistful-watcher/clichelist.htm) of fanfic clichés. Here are the first four; Stakeout (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6250), Kidnapping (One) (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6389), Insomnia (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6455), Working Late (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6518).

The next in the series is Kidnapping (Two), so the more reviews I get, the sooner I will write it. Oh, and this takes place in season three. I may have bent a few things, but its smut; does anyone care?

“Merry Christmas,” Chloe grinned, passing a cup of coffee across the counter. Sighing at the precious lull in customers, she leaned against the Talon counter.

“Sure, Pete. Just a sec,” Lana flitted around a barstool, coming to stand next to Chloe.

“How do you do this?” Laughing at Chloe’s awed expression, Lana reached around her to grab a pot of coffee.

“Well, remember that every day is not as busy as today. Christmas spirit and all.” Smiling, she rested a hand on Chloe’s arm. “Thank you again for helping out today, Chloe. I knew it was going to be busy for the Christmas Eve party, but I think we even managed to bring in the Beanery’s customers.”

“Well, I’m here, aren’t I? Just kidding. You know I’m a faithful Talon patron.”
After a brief pause, Chloe added, “Well, I am now, at least. You better get that to Pete.” Lana nodded, taking the tray over to the corner housing a few of the jocks.

Chloe smiled, glancing around the open space. Noting that it had begun to clear out a little, she realized it was already 9:30, and the Talon would be closing soon. She’d been helping Lana since five, when the party had started.

Stretching, she quietly cursed the apron that was putting pressure on her tired neck. “I see a new member has been added to my payroll.” Chloe looked up, smiling.

“Lex, I’m so glad you brought that up. I could use a raise.”

“Funny. Your father has worked for me for almost three years and asked for nothing, and you’ve worked for me for three hours.”

“It’s been four.”

“And a half. But I don’t generally count flirting with members of the football team working.”

Chloe smirked. “You sure seem to be monitoring your new recruit quite closely. Tell me, is harassing your employees good for morale? Because to me—“

“Merry Christmas, Lex.” Clark sat down at the counter, shooting a small warning look to Chloe. “Chloe, Merry Christmas,” he stressed the last word, in a subtle reminder to be nice.

“That would be Christmas Eve, Clark. There’s a difference. Eggnog?” She offered her friend a cup.

“Mmm. Yes, please.” He accepted the cup, along with a sugar cookie. Both Chloe and Lex watched as he devoured the cookie and downed the cup. Looking up, he caught them both repressing smiles. “What?”

“Charming, man-boy. Tell me, did you write to Santa this year? I can just picture you in front of the tree, eyes all aglow.”

Confused, he turned away from Chloe and looked at Lex. “You have some crumbs on your chin.”

“And an eggnog mustache. Somehow I missed those commercials.”

Embarrassed, Clark quickly wiped at his mouth, before muttering, “S’cuse me.”

As he hurried toward the bathroom, Chloe snickered. “Poor Clark.” They
watched as he passed Lana, blushing, with his head bent down.

“Do you have any exciting Christmas plans?”

Picking up a stray towel, she started wiping down the counter. “Eh, the usual. Presents and lunch with dad. Then watching the town pageant and the town tree lighting ceremony…”

Lex raised his eyebrows. “Are you bored with Smallville? You seem rather upset with the word ‘town.’”

“I guess I’m missing Metropolis a little bit.” At Lex’s softened features, Chloe cleared her throat. “Do you? Miss Metropolis, I mean.”

Before he could answer, he noticed someone approaching the counter. “Hey, Chloe.”

Chloe shifted her focus from Lex to the newcomer. “Todd. Hey. Would you like a refill?” She picked up the coffee pot behind her.

Sneaking a glance at Lex, Todd nodded, clearing his throat before adding, “Yes, please.”

Refilling his mug, she asked, “Sugar?”

“Yes honey?” Chloe furrowed her brow before giving an awkward smile.
“Sorry. That was a terrible joke. Blame a caffeine deficiency?”

Chloe’s awkward grin grew, and as she handed over his mug, she graced him with her biggest smile. “Better fix that then, shouldn’t we?” Looking behind him, Chloe cocked her head. “Where’d the rest of the team go?”

“Wilson’s house. His dad’s out of town, and he’s having a little Christmas party. Actually, I kinda wanted to know if you were interested in going…with me.”

Chloe glanced at Lex, who was openly watching them. Uncomfortable with an audience, she shifted her weight to her hip, and turned slightly away from Lex. “Um, I’m here until close, but I should be there soon after.”

Todd sighed, and smiled. “Great. I’ll meet you there?” Chloe nodded her head, and he walked away.

Going back to cleaning the counter, she could feel eyes on her. Looking up at Lex, she snapped, “What?”

“I thought you hated jock types.”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Jealous?” Tossing her rag down, she crossed her arms in front of her, her apron shifting to an awkward angle. “Todd’s not like the rest of the Crows. He’s in my AP English class. He’s actually a decent writer. If he wasn’t busy with football he’d make a good Torch reporter. Coffee?”

Lex nodded at her offer, as he took a seat in front of the counter. “So this party is for recruiting purposes? I suppose Gabe will be fine with it then.”

Chloe snorted. Handing him a mug, she leaned a hip against the counter. “Very funny. And my dad’s in Metropolis until lunch tomorrow. Every year I tell him to shop early, but he can be quite stubborn.”

“So it’s hereditary. Why didn’t you go with your father if you miss Metropolis?”

Chloe glanced at her watch, noticing that there were just minutes before the Talon was closed. Glancing around, she noticed that it had mostly cleared out, but there were a few stragglers. “Two minute warning!” She shouted.

Lex smirked at her, covering it with his coffee cup. Before Chloe could call him on it, Lana and Clark walked up to the counter. “Chloe, can I talk to you a sec?” Lana gestured away from the guys, and Chloe followed.

“What’s up?”

“I know you did me a huge favor, but would you mind closing up? It’s just that I invited Clark over for some homemade cookies, and…” Chloe bit her tongue before nodding her head.

“Sure Lana. It is Christmas after all. Have fun.”

“Thank you so much, Chloe! And it’s still Christmas Eve.” Lana crinkled her nose in a gesture Chloe assumed was meant to look cute.

“Okay, goodnight!” She gave a tight-lipped smile.

Lana beamed, missing Chloe’s expression, and led Clark out of the Talon. Chloe watched as the last two patrons followed the couple out the door.

“Okay, closin’ time, boss.”

Lex raised an eyebrow. “Did Lana leave you alone?” Chloe nodded. “Where are all of my employees?”

Chloe walked to the Talon door, flipped the sign to “closed” and dimmed the front lights. “A lot of people needed off to go on vacation with their families. That’s why I’m helping out.”

Lex narrowed his eyes and his jaw tightened. “Relax, Lex. It’s not like I’ll steal from you or anything. Besides, I’ve helped Lana close a bajillion times. I know the drill.”

With a soft scoff, Lex rose from his seat. “That’s not my concern. Why, exactly, was the Talon kept open if everyone was on vacation?”

“Lana figured you’d want it open as much as possible, to increase profits.” Chloe walked past him, picking up his unfinished mug, and emptying it in the sink. “And I, of course, jumped at the opportunity to aid in your fortune.”

“The Talon is not about profit.”

Chloe laughed. “Well, duh. It’s a peace offering. It doesn’t make a dent in the Luthor expense account, and the lemming population of Smallville sees you as a generous, historic building-saving man, who pleased the town princess.”

Lex smirked. “Apparently you don’t.”

Chloe leaned against the cool metal cappuccino machine. “Don’t get me wrong; I appreciate caffeine more than most. But, in all honesty, the Beanery was just as good.”

“So why do you come here?”

Chloe stepped over to the counter, closer to Lex. “I like to aid in your fortune, of course.” Smirking, she picked up the stray napkin at the counter. “Now, I don’t need a babysitter. I’d get this done much faster if you weren’t watching my every move.”

Lex moved around the counter, picking up the dishes and setting them in the sink. “In a hurry to see your date?”

“You’re sure interested in this date of mine.” As Lex pushed up the sleeves on his gray sweater, Chloe furrowed her brows. “What are you doing?”

“I’d hate for you to feel monitored; I’ll help you out.” Chloe shrugged her shoulders and stepped out from behind the counter. Brushing past the counter, she began filling up an empty tray with mugs and plates.

They worked in silence as Chloe gathered the dirty dishes, piling them next to the sink. After taking another trip around the café to wipe down tables and gather trash, Chloe returned to the counter with a full trash bag.

Taking a seat at the counter, she watched as Lex rinsed dishes for the dishwasher in the kitchen. She stretched her tired neck and back muscles as she watched Lex rinse the last few dishes.

Lost in a deep stare, she heard his voice. “Weren’t you the one against being babysat?” Chloe snapped her head up to see Lex rinsing the last dish.

As he turned around, she cocked her head to the side. “You never answered my question. Do you miss Metropolis?”

Thinking for a moment, Lex moved the dished to a small cart and rolled them into the kitchen. Chloe listened to the dishwasher start, and waited for Lex to return. After a moment of waiting, Chloe groaned and got up. Moving back behind the counter, she slid open the door to the bakery goods, and started boxing them up for the refrigerator.

“Sometimes.” Lex came up beside her, taking two of the boxes she’d finished with.

Chloe’s head whipped up, not expecting an answer. She was greeted with Lex’s back, as he walked back into the small kitchen area.

More focused now, Chloe boxed up the last pastry, marking down its expiration date. “City Christmases are more—“

“Realistic.” Chloe looked up, finishing Lex’s sentence. He gave her a short nod. “And endearing. In the hustle and bustle of shoppers, there are people trying to find that connection…”

“Before the end of the year.” Chloe gave a small smile, before looking away. Gulping quietly, she lifted up a small plate with baked goods.

“Hungry? These are the ones that won’t last until the 26th.” Lex picked up small piece of banana bread, and took a seat. Chloe took a slice of chocolate cake, and set it at the opposite end of Lex. Walking into the kitchen, she asked, “Milk?”

“No, thank you. Will you bring a bottle of water?”

Setting down a bottle in front of Lex, Chloe took a drink of milk. At Lex’s questioning glance, Chloe looked around. “What?”

“I didn’t know you drank anything without caffeine.” Chloe rolled her eyes.

As they ate their snack, Chloe asked, “How are you going to spend this highly-commercialized holiday?”

“Work.”

Chloe snorted. “Lame.”

Keeping the tone light, Lex joked, “Well, as enticing as the town functions are…”

“Fine, fine.” Chloe ate the last bite of cake, before finishing her milk. Rising from her seat, Chloe picked up both plates and her glass. Rinsing them in the sink, she moved them in to the kitchen before coming back out.

Lex was already wiping down the cappuccino machine, so she started to empty the register into the deposit bag. Seeing Lex watch her, she quirked an eyebrow. “Did you want me to count it down? I usually just bag it for Lana, and she does it in the morning, but since you’re here…”

Shaking his head, Lex turned back around, wiping down the last side of the machine. “How often does Lana ask you to close alone?”

Chloe shrugged. “A dozen times, maybe.” Seeing Lex’s questioning gaze, she clarified. “She’s still getting the hang of scheduling her employees.”

Grabbing a broom, Chloe started sweeping the floor. After coming up with only a few crumbs and napkins, she set the tools back in the closet, and sat down at the counter. Untying the string on her apron, Chloe lifted the course material from her neck, dropping the apron on the counter.

Lex turned from the machine to see her rubbing her neck. “Are you alright?” Chloe looked up, stretching her neck from side to side.

“I’m fine. Just not used to the apron.” Lex stepped away from the cappuccino machine, and stood behind Chloe. Brushing his fingers against her neck, he said, “It looks a little red.”

Feeling his breath on her ear, she closed her eyes. With a small shudder, she felt him step away from her. After a quick beat, she heard the faucet run, and then there was a warm cloth on her neck. “Does that help?”

Not trusting her suddenly-dry throat, Chloe nodded, turning in the barstool. Lex was now in front of her, and she put her right hand on the cloth, holding it where he’d set it. “Good. I wouldn’t want a lawsuit.” At his teasing smirk, she let out a small laugh.

Lex sat in the barstool next to him, still close to Chloe. “You never answered my question; why didn’t you go with your father?”

Chloe tilted her head to the side for a moment, before shrugging her shoulders. “One of the things he’s picking up is for me.”

“Couldn’t you have gone elsewhere while he looked for you?” Lex rested an arm on the counter.

Gulping, Chloe looked down, placing her free hand in her lap. Watching as it picked at invisible lint, she spoke quietly. “I was hoping someone would have asked me to the Christmas Eve party tonight.”

“At the Talon?” Chloe nodded. “Why did you work, then?”

“It had become apparent that no one was going to ask me.” Uncomfortable, Chloe looked up and sighed.

“But you were asked to this football party.”

“Not by the person I wanted.” Lex was silent for a moment, until Chloe shifted in her seat.

“I’m assuming this ‘someone’ is Clark?” Chloe refolded the cloth for her neck, and placed it back where it was.

“Of course.”

“I thought you’d decided—“

Chloe glared at him. “You don’t think that was my plan? Believe me, if I could, I would lose interest in Clark right this second.”

“So why don’t you?”

“Because it’s a classic unrequited crush. I have the same logic that every other teenage girl out there does.”

“That the moment you lose interest, they’ll take notice in you?” She nodded. “It’s not just females, Chloe. I’ve had a crush, too.”

Chloe smirked. “I thought all Luthors got what they wanted.” Lex laughed.

“Believe it or not, even Luthors have limitations. I think I was interested in her because I couldn’t change her mind. No amount of money or power made her believe I was worthwhile.” Looking at the clock on the wall, Lex stood up. “It’s already eleven fifteen. You better get going to your party.”

Chloe nodded. Standing up, she placed the damp towel in the sink, and picked up her coat from the hook nearby. “Lex? Would you like to come with
me? I know it’s a bunch of teenagers, but—“

Lex shook his head. “Thank you for the offer, but I don’t think I’m in the mood for a party. Have fun.”

Chloe slipped her gloves on and nodded. “Thanks. Bye.” Lex watched as she pulled the back door open, and stepped into the alley. He finished tidying for a moment, when he heard voices outside. Walking over to the door Chloe had used, he slowly opened it.

“Todd, Todd, let go of me! Lex!” Chloe was pinned to the Talon wall, Todd holding her arms at her sides. Lex heard her shout his name and he ran over to her, pulling Todd back just as Chloe’s knee connected with his groin.

“Oh, God! You bitch, that fuckin’ hurt!” As he backed away, holding his crotch, Lex punched him in the nose.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” Lex watched until Todd hit the ground, and then turned to Chloe. “Are you alright?” He walked towards her slowly.

Chloe wiped at her cheeks, where a few tears had settled. “I’m fine.”

Glancing at Todd, she added quietly, “Thank you.”

Lex waved her appreciation off, instead walking closer. Noticing her jacket had fallen open, he brought the sides together. “You must be freezing. Here,” Lex led her back inside the building.

Once she was seated, Chloe shook her head and pulled her jacket closer to her. “Thank you.”

Lex gently wiped a tear from her cheek and sat next to her, turning his stool so they were facing each other. “Chloe, what happened?”

Chloe cleared her throat, and slowly looked up at Lex. “He was drunk. He was leaning against the building, and when I walked out…” She swiped at a tear quickly. “It was completely out of the blue. He was upset that I wasn’t there when I said I was going to be. Said something about standing him up.”

They sat in silence for a moment before Lex stood up. Extending his hand, he asked, “Would you like me to drive you home?” She nodded, taking his hand and following him out of the Talon. As they exited the front door, Lex noticed Chloe looking around the building into the alley.

“Chloe?” She looked at him sheepishly. “Is he still there?”

“No.” Before Lex could respond, she re-buttoned her jacket. “I’ll deal with him in a few days. I see a great Torch editorial. Maybe cover story. I’ll have to see what kind of proof I can get of Crow debauchery.”

Lex gave a small smirk as he opened the passenger door. “Did you drive here?” As Chloe shook her head, Lex gave out an almost silent grunt before settling into the driver’s seat. Stealing a glance at Chloe, he confirmed she’d put her seat belt on, and peeled out of the parking lot.

As they reached a stoplight, Lex bit out, “How did you plan to get home?” He caught her shrug in his peripheral vision, and he hit the gas, seeing the light turn green. “Damn it, Chloe! You can’t just keep putting yourself in danger.”
Looking at her quickly, he continued. “What if I hadn’t been at the Talon?”

Chloe rolled her eyes. “I’d have been fine. Did you not see me plant my knee in his genitals? I’m a big girl, Lex.”

“Listen to yourself. You just got attacked, and you’re acting like it was nothing!”

Chloe groaned. “It wasn’t anything. If you haven’t noticed, danger is not a foreign concept to me.” Trying to lighten the mood, she smiled. “Actually, if I go a week without a punch, I’m afraid I’d lose my edge.”

Lex came to an abrupt stop in front of her house. “You’re an idiot.”

Chloe let a frustrated cry rise from her throat. “Well excuse my pre-disposition for truth and justice! I mean, it’s not like my penchant for danger has ever saved anyone’s life, or anything!”

Chloe flung open the car door, slamming it behind her as she ran up to her house. “Chloe! God damn it!” Lex copied her actions, and followed her up the stairs. As she stepped across the threshold, he reached for the door. “Chloe!”

“Go home, Lex!” Closing the door, she started to lock it. As she started to turn the deadbolt, the door flung open, and she jumped backwards. “What the hell, Lex?!”

He slammed the door shut. “You need to listen for once. You’re going to get yourself seriously hurt. And someone,” he stressed the word, “will not always be there to save you.” His jaw twitching, he added, “He wasn’t tonight.”

Chloe’s eyes narrowed dangerously. “I get it, Lex. Message received. Clark doesn’t care about me.” At his frustrated face, she added, “Like that.” Taking a brief pause to calm down, Chloe sighed. “Fine. I’ve listened to you. I will ratchet it back. Deal?” Chloe raised her eyebrows in a silent challenge.

“People care about you, Chloe.” His voice was soft, but firm.

She looked at him skeptically, with one hand on her hip. “Doubtful.” With a sad smirk, she questioned, “Are you trying to tell me you do?”

Lex kept her gaze, his jaw twitching. Chloe’s smirk fell, and her eyes drifted to the floor. She let her tense shoulder go, and her hand slipped from her hip. Gulping, she said softly, “Thought so.” Turning towards the stairs, she moved away from him.

Lex’s hand shot out, grasping her wrist and pulling her back. Chloe stumbled closer to him, not expecting the movement. “Yes.” Lex’s mouth covered her stunned one, pressing a firm kiss on her bottom lip. As her mouth responded to his, her wrist fell from his grasp, and her hands pressed against his shoulders.

Stepping back from him, she looked pained. “Why are you—“

“I care about you Chloe.” Once again, Lex moved closer, this time winding an arm around her waist, his mouth re-claiming hers. With a choked groan she responded, and this time her hands grasped at his shoulders, pulling him closer.

Their lips still together, Chloe blindly pushed at his jacket, letting it fall to the floor. Lex returned the favor, pulling an arm from her waist to slip the buttons free. Having trouble with the last one, he pulled back, both of them greedily sucking in air.

With the button undone, Lex pushed the jacket off, along with the thin scarf on her neck. Her throat now exposed, Lex pressed kisses on the creamy expanse, smiling as he felt a moan. Then, “Since when?” Reluctantly leaving her neck, Lex looked Chloe in the eyes.

Delicately tucking a strand of hair behind her ears, Lex leaned down. In her ear, he whispered, “A while.” Sneaking a kiss to the shell of her ear, he added, “A long while.”

Lex leaned back slowly, before catching Chloe in a sweet kiss. Pushing him away once more, Chloe squinted at him. “How long?”

Instead of answering her, Lex smirked, wrapping his arm around her waist. With his other hand on her neck and her hands on his shoulders, they moved backwards, Chloe nipping at his lower lip. Feeling her heel hit the stairs, she pulled away. Grabbing his hand she flew up the stairs, slowing in front of her bedroom door. As she pulled him over the threshold Lex stepped closer, reaching for the hem of her deep red shirt, and pulling it over her head.

Lex repressed a laugh at the green satin bra she wore, adorned with red trim. “Festive.”

“I try.” As Chloe pulled the soft sweater over his head, she teased, “So I take it from your expression that I will not find Santa boxers underneath those expensive pants?”

Lex lifted his arms, aiding in her removal of his shirt. Running his hands over the creamy skin of her waist, he leaned in conspiratorially. “You will not find anything underneath these expensive pants.”

Smiling at him, she gave a faux-girlie coo. “Hot.” Lex shot back with a mock-stern glare and un-tied the black wrap skirt she wore over her jeans.

As the skirt fell to the floor, Lex unbuttoned her jeans. Chloe’s hand shot out, stopping his movement. At his cautious look, she asked, “How long?”

Lex pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Does verbal judo mean anything to you?” Chloe gulped.

“That is a long while.”

“Would I lie to you?” he smirked.

“Well, there was—“ Lex kissed her. As he ran his hand over the smooth flesh of her back, she pulled him towards her bed. After he was seated, she straddled his lap, their kiss growing more heated. Her small hands slid between them, wrestling with the thin leather of his belt.

With Chloe’s task accomplished, she let her hands slide up his strong back, to rest at the nape of his neck. At Lex’s rather loud groan of approval, she let her hand slide higher, stroking his smooth skin.

Taking in the pale blue paint on her walls, and the smattering of childhood memories, Lex furrowed his brow. “Chloe?”

“Yes?” She asked against his chest.

“Does it feel weird to be doing this in your bedroom? There’s a stuffed bear watching us.” Chloe laughed, pulling back to look at him.

Reaching behind her, she unclasped her bra, letting the silky material fall next to her skirt on the floor. “You’re paranoid.”

Lex nodded, blatantly staring at her chest. “Valid point.” Laying Chloe on her bed, Lex leaned over her. Palming her breasts, he nipped at her collarbone. Chloe’s hands trailed over his sides, coming to rest at the top of his pants.

Chloe arched into him, before pulling back to unzip his pants. Feeling Chloe’s hand on his cock, Lex pulled back with a quiet hiss. “Fuck…” Chloe smiled at his reaction, burrowing her face in his chest to hide her smirk.

Pushing his pants down with one hand, Chloe kept up a steady rhythm as Lex slowly pumped his hips. “God, Chloe.” Before she could make a comment, Lex grabbed her wrist, bringing it up to his lips. Pressing a gentle kiss to her pulse point, Lex set her hand at her side.

With a pout on her face, Chloe watched Lex push his pants all the way off, along with his shoes and socks. Lex turned his attention back to her, trailing his hand over her stomach. At the sudden jump of her muscles, Lex smirked. “Are you—“

Chloe glared, pointing at him. “You tell anyone I’m ticklish, I’ll kill you.”
“Fair enough,” Lex spoke against her stomach, smiling when her muscles fluttered again.

Pressing kisses against her creamy skin, Lex slid her jeans off of her hips, taking her shoes off with them. When he looked back up, Chloe caught a hint of a smile. “Cute.” Lex was looking at her red panties. On the front was a picture of mistletoe. “I’ll assume those were worn just for the sake of your own holiday spirit.”

“Of course.”

“Besides, Clark wouldn’t get it.” Chloe laughed, and Lex leaned closer to her, pressing a kiss against the teasing image. Lex heard her breath catch as he pulled the green lace-trimmed band from her waist, tossing the panties to the floor.

Lex trailed his thumb over her clit, looking up to see Chloe’s eyes flutter shut. “Lex, I’m sufficiently in the holiday spirit.”

Before he could respond, Chloe flipped him on his back, capturing his mouth in a passionate kiss as she straddled him. Seeing her so close to his cock, Lex ran his hands over her sides, gently pulling her closer. “Condom?”

Lex slid his hands over her thighs. “My pocket,” he gestured to the floor. Chloe leaned over him, kissing his lips quickly.

“In a wallet? How cliché.” She reached over the side of the bed, grabbing his wallet and pulling the small packet out. Lex took it from her, and watched him roll it on. Chloe let her hand slide up his thigh, encircling his cock and giving it a few firm strokes.

“Ho, ho, ho.” Chloe laughed at the reference to her own statement. “Well if that’s what you think of me—“ Lex cut her off with a kiss. Chloe smiled against him, and lifted her hips. Lex palmed her ass, pulling her closer.

With a mutual moan, Chloe arched towards him, rolling her hips down. Chloe tilted her head back as Lex guided her movements. His hands trailed over her hips, before he wrapped his arms around her waist and sat up.

“Oh!” Chloe smiled, as Lex ran his hand over her hair, and kissed her neck. Running her hands over his scalp, Chloe increased the pace of her hips, resting her forearms on Lex’s shoulders.

Breathing in her scent, Lex moved from her neck to her ear, placing an open mouth kiss below the lobe. “Lex, I’m close…I need—“ Lex reached between them, his thumb sliding over her clit as their tempo increased.

“Good?” He grunted slightly, as Chloe leaned back slightly. “God, Chloe… I can’t…” Chloe stiffened slightly, and Lex watched as she bit her lip.

With a choked, “Lex!” she came, clamping down on Lex’s cock. As she let out a shuddering breath, Lex followed, his fingers leaving shallow bruises on her hips.

Chloe pulled back from Lex, her thighs burning, not used to the movement. Lex watched as she fell onto the bed, her hair fanned out behind her. Lex dealt with the condom, then laid down next to her.

After a moment’s hesitation, Chloe moved closer to Lex, sliding under the covers. Lex looked over at Chloe, and pulled her closer. She gave him a curious look, before glancing at her alarm clock. Smiling, she gave Lex a quick kiss. “Merry Christmas.”

Lex kissed her back and let his hand rest on her waist, moving just enough for her to shiver. As she glared at him, he laughed. “And to all a good night.”

END

dagney
31st December 2008, 15:48
Thanks for the holiday interlude. Dagney

superag
31st December 2008, 17:57
Now that's the way to spend Christmas Eve night. Chloe doesn't need Santa to visit after all.

Azulblade
31st December 2008, 21:32
lol, clark wouldn't get it. love the festive spirit!

hfce
31st December 2008, 23:18
Wow that is the way to celebrate Christmas. :D

Kit Merlot
1st January 2009, 04:38
A wonderfully smutty story:grin3:

And for just a second, I thought Lex was going to have some competition with Todd--I did enjoy Lex getting to punch that potential rapist out--GOOD TIMES:D

BellaMR
1st January 2009, 05:53
This was a cute story, I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of the cliches.

BellaMR
1st January 2009, 07:49
I loved this story. I like how because you are intentionally poking fun at the cliches, I don't have to roll my eyes at them. Teaching playing pool is another good cliche. I'm really loving this series.

BellaMR
1st January 2009, 08:26
Bruce Wayne is always so sneaky. He's playing match making from all the in Gotham. I love how Chloe's bra found the answer. I almost expected the papers to spill all over the place and the two of them to have to start all over tomorrow. Great job with this one.

BellaMR
1st January 2009, 08:48
I would have enjoyed some Santa boxers... or maybe red with a fake bow. There's a present I'd like to unwrap for Christmas.

Excellent story. And look how many reviews! Surely the next cliche will be written soon?

spitfire2062
3rd July 2009, 05:49
I love these, can't wait for more!

elementia
2nd August 2009, 13:01
more please, more please!!!

Ami Rose
25th June 2013, 21:53
Loved all 5 of them great job