PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Chasing the Lead (PG-13) (April 9, 2009)

chlexgirl24
16th May 2008, 03:38
Title: Chasing The Lead.
Author: Superkgirl.
Disclaimer: I do not own Smallville or any of its characters.
Summary: Chloe finds danger while chasing a lead.
Pairings: Chlex (Chloe/Lex)

I hope you like it:grin3:

Chapter 1: Trapped

Chloe woke up on something cold and hard with pain in her head like she’d been hit with a hammer she cautiously reached up and touched her head, “Ow!”

She said sucking in her breath sharply at the pain of the big gash on her head. She noticed a sticky substance on her fingers blood, great I’m bleeding she searched herself carefully for anymore injuries they were only minor cuts and bruises.

She knew she had to find something to wrap her head with, her search revealed that she had the same clothes on that she had dressed in this morning or whenever it had happened, a sweater and jeans along with some tennis shoes and also a sweatshirt and coat and that all her pockets had been emptied of their contents including her gloves she decided that her sweatshirt would have to work so she took off her coat and sweatshirt and wrapped the sweatshirt around her head like a turban then quickly put her coat back on.

She didn’t like the feeling that someone was behind her and wondered if there was a wall nearby that she could sit with her back against she cautiously started searching with her hands and found that just a couple feet away there was a wall which she sat huddled against trying to keep warm, Well good thing its winter otherwise I wouldn’t have a coat or anything I’d probably be dead by now She sighed, if only Clark......”

Chloe didn’t finish the thought, for once Clark wouldn’t be able to save her he and Lana were on vacation well at least that’s what they called it but Chloe knew better their relationship was crumbling the past had finally caught up to them all the lies deceit all of it and now they were doing all they could to save it.

She thought of Jimmy, he couldn’t save her either, he and Kara were gone too she didn’t know where or for how long but they were gone and Lois had been sent overseas for a story and wouldn’t be back for months so that left just her all alone with no one to save her.....not this time, this time it was only her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lex was sitting in his office at the Daily Planet when someone knocked, can’t these people leave me alone for five minutes? Lex sighed, “Come in!” The door opened and a man walked in, “What is it?!” Lex asked.

The man cleared his throat, “Um well Mr. Uh....Luthor....sir I thought you might want to know that Chloe Sullivan has not showed up for work for the past two days, sir” He said nervously.

Lex frowned that certainly didn’t sound like Chloe, “Have you tried calling her?” He asked. The man nodded, “Yes sir she’s not answering her home phone and her cell phone is shut off.”
Lex’s frown deepened, “Has anyone checked on her?” Lex asked. “No, sir” The man answered. “And her cousin Ms. Lane is gone on assignment, should we contact her?” He asked. “No not until we know for sure something’s wrong, what about Jimmy Olsen” Lex asked. “No he went on vacation with his new girlfriend” The man answered.

Lex sighed that meant that Kara was gone too. “Get a hold of Clark Kent and Lana Lang they might know what’s wrong with Ms. Sullivan.” The man nodded and left. Clark and Lana will take care of it, He thought and went on with his work.

Hours later there was another knock at the door, the same man came back in looking even more nervous than last time. “Did you talk to them?”
Lex asked. “Um no sir you see apparently Mr. Kent and Ms. Lang are on a trip...s-sir” The man answered. “Is there anyone else who knows her or is friends with her?” Lex asked. “No sir, I’m afraid not” Lex sighed. “Well it looks like I’m going to have to check on Ms. Sullivan myself.”

Lex pulled his car up to the Talon later that night and grabbed the keys to the Talon which was now closed for the day and unlocked the door he climbed the stairs to the apartment and knocked on the door, “Chloe?” He said as he knocked, “Are you in there?” No answer.

He tried the door handle which to his surprise opened.

Inside, the apartment was trashed, glass covered the floor, tables and chairs had been broken and Chloe’s laptop had been smashed on the ground Lex cautiously searched the apartment but found nothing, he went back to where her laptop was and knelt down and carefully picked it up it was unsalvageable but maybe his computer experts could get something off it, he happened to glance down where the laptop had been and what he saw made him feel sick there on the floor was.....blood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: Dreams
(Italic from episode Forsaken, Smallville season 3)

Chloe stood in the Luthor mansion with Lex.

“So you have information that could put my father in prison?” Lex said as he turned to face her.

“So did you before you obliterated those seven weeks of your memory in Belle Reve.” Chloe answered.

“Do you know what he was trying to hide?” Lex asked.

Chloe hesitated, “Lex....your father murdered his parents in a tenement fire. He hired a crime lord named Morgan Edge to do the dirty work you got Edge’s confession on videotape, but daddy dearest destroyed it.

Lex looked disappointed, “Then there’s no proof”

Chloe smiled, “Only the voice mail confession of Lionel Luthor himself he tried to scrub it, but erased voice mails like deleted computer files someone with enough pull and the right password can resurrect them from the cyber graveyard”

Lex was confused, “Why didn’t you come to me sooner?”

Chloe stepped closer, “Your psychiatrist didn’t accidently wrap her car around a tree. You showed me the investigators body on a slab in the morgue. Luthor family politics can get a little grim.”

Lex put his hands on her shoulders, “Chloe it means a lot to me that you’re willing to do this for me but if you come forward, you’re putting yourself between my father and the FBI, that’s not a very safe place to be.”

Chloe breathed in a shaky breath and nodded, “I know but I can’t get out from under your fathers grip by myself, besides I know you won’t let anything happen to me.” She said, smiling bravely.

Chloe woke up confused and her head pounding, it didn’t take her long to remember where she was.
She wondered why she had dreamed of Lex it was like he was a different person now, he’d been so different then, he had cared about other people not just himself or what it could gain him.
Sometimes she wondered what would have happened if Clark had told him his secret before everything had gone wrong between them, wrong with Lex.

Someone must have noticed by now that she was gone even though she didn’t really know how long it had been but it felt like an eternity, but her not being at work must have been a clue to someone one thing she did know was that she wasn’t going to last very much longer with how much blood she’d lost, she had searched the room staying near the wall and had discovered that it was small and strangely didn’t have a door which made her think that there was a trap door somewhere she searched the middle of the room and found to her great relief a water bottle, she was so thirsty she drank slowly and tried to keep from drinking the whole thing, she didn’t know if she would get anymore since she hadn’t heard a sound since she’d been down here this might be the only water she’d get she had better save it.

(Italic from episode Covenant, Smallville season 3)

Lex was sitting at his desk looking at some folders talking to Chloe, “John Hopkins , The Mayo Clinic. My fathers knocked on the door of every major medical institution in the western world and was sent home each time without a cure. He said as he stood up and handed the folder to Chloe.

Chloe looked at the folder, “I’m sensing you’re having second thoughts. Lex I understand if you want to back out. He needs to be punished for what he did, but he’s still your father and he’s dying.”Chloe said in understanding.

“Yeah and he’s gonna draw his last breath in prison not at the VIP suite at Metropolis General. But only if you’re still willing to go through with this” His voice held warning.

“I don’t think I like the sound of this” Her fear obvious.

“Chloe a dying man has little to lose . My father used a bizarre blood platelet cocktail to raise the dead then pinned the murders of the research team on his son. Who knows what tactics he’ll use to avoid going to prison.” He said as he walked to the other side of the room.

“Yeah, but the FBI guaranteed our safety they’re putting me and my father in protective custody until after the trial.” Chloe said as she followed him.

“Then what?” He asked.

“Lex, are you trying to scare me? Chloe asked him, confused.

“I’m worried about you Chloe, I want you to have all the facts before you walk into that courtroom.” He said.

Chloe sighed, “Your fathers intimidated me long enough I’m not backing down.”

Lex woke up to find himself sitting at his desk, I must have fallen asleep, he thought
He thought of the dream and Chloe’s words,

“....I’m not backing down”

Was it a story that had gotten her abducted? A lead? Had her refusal to back down gotten her in trouble....again, like it had when she’d gotten mixed up with his father and hadn’t backed down even though he’d try to kill her.

He looked at all the evidence from Chloe’s apartment with new eyes, could it be that she’d been taken because of a story? He started going back through her stuff with new inspiration.

Hours later a man walked in, “Mr. Luthor, we’ve finished with the computer” Lex leaned forward, “Did you find something?” The man handed Lex a file, “Yes sir.” Lex took the file and looked it over, “One story stands out, it was the most recent story she had been working on before she was taken unfortunately we weren’t able to get all of it off her laptop. ” He said. “I want you to follow this, if this is the reason she was taken we have know everything that she did.” Lex ordered. The man hurried from the room.

This could be the key to finding Chloe, she had been missing for three days and he was afraid that time was running out.....if it wasn’t to late already.

Chapter 3:New Clues

Lex was walking into the mansion when his phone rang, "This better be good." He threatened as he answered.

Silence.

"Hello?" Someone laughed on the other end, "Uh, Lex?"

He frowned, "Lois?" Another laugh,

"Yeah Lex its me I just got your message, is something wrong?" Her voice mocking.

"Yes I’m afraid so, He hesitated, "Chloe has gone missing."

He heard a gasp, "What? Is this some kind of sick joke Lex?"

"About three weeks after you left, Chloe didn’t come to work, it wasn’t brought to my attention until two days later. No one had heard from her and apparently she doesn’t have any friends besides you, Clark, Lana, Jimmy and Kara all of which are gone, leaving no one to ask about her whereabouts, so when we found out about everyone being gone I decided I would check on her personally, I went to her apartment and being the owner I have a key but I didn’t have to use it, the door was already unlocked and her apartment had been trashed and her laptop smashed, fortunately we were able to get some information off of it, and hopefully a lead on to who might have taken her, apparently she was working on a story on a doctor whom she calls Doctor X. Lois, we also found blood at her apartment, it was Chloe’s. I called you not only because you need to know but also I was wondering if you could offer any insight on this Doctor X."

She cleared her throat, "Um well, uh lets see she did say that she was working on a huge story that would definitely get front page, when I asked her about it she said that I could see it when it was finished and she’d been gone a lot when I would call her or ask her where she’d been she would make up some lousy excuse, Lex she had been working on this story for months do you think that this Doctor X waited until everyone who really knew her was gone before he took her?"

Her voice was getting panicky, "I shouldn’t have left her alone or at least I should have called her or something, that’s it I’m leaving now."

"Lois, your jumping to conclusions we don’t know if that is the person who took her and you know that Chloe wouldn’t want you to give up on an opportunity like this, the story your working on is a once in a lifetime kind of story and there is no way that you’ll get another chance like this." He said.

"I don’t care Lex you don't understand she’s not just my cousin she’s....she’s like a sister to me," her voice broke, "There is no way that I’m going to stay here while some maniac has my cousin."

Lois Lane.....crying, so she really is human after all. He thought.

"Lois I am on it okay I will find Chloe, you can trust me."

"Trust YOU Lex, you? For all I know you could have something to do with this!" She was practically yelling now.

"Calm down Lois, this is exactly why I don’t want you here, you would only complicate things and already your not thinking clearly, what reason would I have to take Chloe? None. Just the opposite actually I’m looking for Chloe and if not for me no one would because all her friends deserted her." He said heatedly. Where did that come from? He wondered.

There was a long pause.

Lois breathed in a calming breath, "As much as I hate admit it your right Lex I can’t think at all right now and I’m not even there, I’ll stay here but only for now and you have to send me all the information you have and keep me posted."

Wait, what, she actually agreed?. He thought.

"The information will be sent to you immediately and any new information I receive will also be sent as soon as I get it."

"Okay Lex but if you don’t find her in the next 24 hours I’m going to be on the first flight home or if I find anything in the stuff you send me that makes me have suspicions about you then I will leave immediately." Lois said with warning.

"Well Lois I’m overcome with the confidence you place in me." Lex said wryly.

"Your lucky I put this much in you, I must be crazy to think I can trust you."

"Lois, I will find Chloe and the person who took her and that person will pay for it, dearly." He swore.

"Yeah I know Lex and for once I won’t argue with you because anyone who hurts Chloe should pay for it, big time."

"I’ll be in touch Lois."

"Okay Lex please find her soon."

"I will Lois, I promise. Bye."

"Thanks Lex, bye."

D*** He thought. I should have had her call Lana and
Clark, oh well I guess I’ll have to deliver the bad news myself..........or maybe not. After all it wasn’t like Clark would be any help, most likely he would just get in the way or start accusing him of doing something to Chloe, Lana might know something with all the spying that she’s been doing but its not like she would tell him anything , and she probably had files on Chloe actually she probably had files on everyone she knew, he’d just get the files themselves and that way he wouldn’t have to worry about her lying to him.

That evening Lex waited impatiently in his car in a alley, S*** where is he? Lex wondered.

Just then a knock sounded on the window, he rolled it down,

"Finally." He said to the man standing outside his car.

"You won’t be disappointed Mr. Luthor." The guy said.

"Well I better not because I don’t pay people for wasting my time." Lex took the folder
from the man’s outstretched arm,

"Now where’s the money?"

"You’ll get your money, if this isn’t a waste of my time."

Lex looked at the folder,

"Well?" The guy asked.

Lex looked up at the man,

"You get your money."

Chapter 4:The Darkness

Lex sat down at his desk and checked his email, why hadn’t Lois emailed him yet?

He had asked her to contact Clark and Lana, and also Jimmy and Kara but so far she hadn’t emailed him back, he’d even tried calling but it said the phone was disconnected, as long as she doesn’t show up here I don’t care where she is. He thought.

He didn’t honestly care if any of the others knew but Lois ha been begging to ‘help’ so he had her try to contact them only because he wanted her to stop bothering, he had better things to do, like find Chloe.

He had to.

He’d sworn Lois he would.

Though it wouldn’t have mattered if he had sworn it to Lois or not, he would have been just as determined if he hadn’t because he had to know why.............why she had saved his life when he had gotten shot in the head while trying to save Kara, he had found out only recently that she had used her powers on him when he was in a coma and he wanted, no needed to know why, why would she save him when she opposed everything he did because it went against her beliefs, or maybe she’d just done it out of loyalty to Clark he wasn’t really sure after all the things he’d found out about her since this had all started he really didn’t know what to think about Chloe Sullivan anymore he used to think that he had her all figured out, but just when he started thinking that she would surprise him with something that would make him stop and think about who Chloe Sullivan really was, he was usually a pretty good judge of character but not when it came to Chloe, he just couldn’t figure her out, the way she risked everything for those that she cared about even when they didn’t give her anything in return, he had always wanted to ask her, why?

They were more alike than anyone thought, they had both been abandoned by the people they had loved, she had loved Clark and Clark had loved Lana, he had loved Lana and Lana had loved Clark and now they were together and where did that leave Chloe and him? Chloe had been with Jimmy for a while but then when Jimmy took interest in Kara he and Chloe broke up leaving her alone again, and ever since Lana he hadn’t really seen anyone let alone fall in love with someone, he wasn’t going to make that mistake again, ever.

A knock pulled him out of his reverie, "Uh, Come in."

A man entered, "Sir we’ve located Doctor X’s location using the file you gave us."

Lex stood up so quickly he almost knocked down his chair, "You did?"

"Yes sir"

"Let’s move."

Chloe lay weakly on the ground her breathing shallow, hearing the voices that had been haunting her for almost as long as she’d been in here,

A loud , mocking voice spoke, "Your gonna die,"

"No! Someone will come," argued a quiet, hopeful voice, weakly.

"Hah yeah right no one even knows your gone, not Lana, not Lois, not Jimmy, not Kara and not Clark and who else will come to your rescue? Face it, no one cares about you not even any of your friends care about you, you are ALONE everyone is leaving you behind, forever.
All you are is a roadblock for them getting on with their lives, maybe it would be best for you to be gone to let them move forward with their futures cause face it you aren’t going anywhere fast, just give up, just let go."

Tears rolled slowly down Chloe’s cheeks, maybe, maybe I should, what if I really am just holding all of them back?

Suddenly light flooded into the dark room, blinding her, she squinted trying to make out who it was,

suddenly she heard a voice,

"Chloe?! Are you okay?"

She moaned softly.

Suddenly someone was kneeled beside her,

"Shh it’s okay don’t try to speak your gonna be okay." The voice said, comfortingly.

Somehow she knew that it was.

Chapter 5: The Light

Lex walked into the hospital and quietly closed the door behind him, he walked over to
the bed and gently set the flowers on the table beside it, where she would easily notice them, he sat down in the chair and looked at her, the bandage wrapped around her head, the bruises, her small emaciated form, she weighed hardly anything, the doctor said it was a miracle that she was still alive after being down there for so long, he said that if she hadn’t rationed her water she would have died, and thankfully her doctor had worked with meteor freaks before and wouldn’t say anything about her abilities and Lex had assured him that if he said anything he would regret it.

Lex reached up and gently brushed his knuckles against her cheek, she sighed softly, he smiled and then gently picked up her hand and held it, "Don’t worry Chloe I’m right here." He whispered gently.

Chloe felt warmth and comfort and thought that she was dreaming but when the cold didn’t come nor did she feel any pain in her head she slowly opened her eyes to find herself in a hospital bed covered in warm blankets and her head wrapped with bandages the pain only slight, she looked over to see Lex sleeping in the chair beside her bed his hand gently grasping hers, instead of feeling like she wanted to pull her hand away she felt comforted by his hand holding hers, of all the people in the world he was the last person she would have expected to be sitting in a hospital in the middle of the night holding her hand and yet he was, maybe I’m dead, she thought. But she quickly ruled that out thinking it would be weird for a dead person to be in a hospital. Why had he saved her? She was pretty sure that it had been his voice that she had heard when she had been rescued his voice had been so reassuring and kind not at all like the Lex Luthor she knew or........thought she knew, maybe he wasn’t who she had thought him to be all these years the, cunning and evil his only object to rule the world, after all everyone who ever said they loved him had left him, abandoned him......just like her sure they said they loved and cared about her and she knew that they did but she still felt alone because compared to them she had nothing, Clark had Lana had each ther and so did Kara and Jimmy and Lois was practically married to her career so that left her, her and.....Lex.

Chapter 6: Ice cream and laughs

Chloe woke up to sounds of a busy hospital, it comforted her, being able to hear people, activity, life, in that room that she’d been locked in she hadn’t been able to hear a thing, it had given her a new appreciation for noise in general.

She looked over at the chair that had been where she’d woke up to find Lex, holding her hand but it was empty, I must have been dreaming, she thought, to her surprise though she didn’t find that thought comforting.

Feeling very thirsty all of the sudden, she looked around for something to drink, seeing the cup on top of the table beside her bed she tried sitting up but found that she was to weak, she rolled herself over carefully trying to reach for it, but found herself slipping off the bed instead, desperately she clutched the sheets to pull herself up but even her small body was to much for her strength and so she found herself bracing her body for
the impact when suddenly strong arms gripped her and laid her gently back on the bed.

It was Lex.

"Are you okay, what were you doing?"

"I’m fine, I was just trying to get a drink of water."
He retrieved the cup from the table and handed it to her.

"You could have called a nurse."

"Oh...uh....yeah." She said slowly.

He chuckled slightly, which made her mad.

She frowned.

"It wouldn’t have hurt that bad."

His eyes narrowed.

"Right." He said with a smirk.

She tried to frown at him but found herself laughing at how ridiculous she sounded, Lex laughed with her, he has a nice laugh, she thought. She mentally shook herself, I shouldn’t be thinking like that.

She suddenly thought of her friends,

"Where are Lois and all the others, are they still gone?"

The smile disappeared from his face.

"Yes they’re all still gone but they’ve um been contacted."

She looked disappointed.

"Oh."

Lex came closer to the bed and sat down on the chair beside her bed, they sat there talking for a couple of minutes before they brought their dinner to them which, thanks to Lex, was not the gross hospital food but was prepared for them by Lex’s own personal chef,

"How was the food?" Lex asked after they were finished.

"Delicious as always." Chloe said with a smile.

"Good I’m glad you liked it."

The caterers soon came back in to get the dishes.

"Ice cream?" Lex asked.

"Your spoiling me Lex." She said with a laugh.

"You deserve it Chloe." He said, smiling at her.

She looked away from his eyes, feeling the heat rush into her cheeks.
The caterers rushed in, giving Chloe time to slow her racing heart,

Easy Chloe you know Lex would never think of you romantically, nor you him for that matter.

Then why do I feel this way? She wondered.

Soon they were both eating their ice cream, the warm hospital was making the ice
cream melt very quickly, they were both trying to lick the ice cream that was running down the sides of their cones and neither were quite succeeding Chloe looked up to see how Lex was doing just as he was licking some ice cream that had gotten on his chin and she couldn’t look away she was still staring at him when all the sudden he spoke,
startling her,

"You have ice cream running down your hand."

Chloe looked down to see her hand covered in ice cream she started licking it and was soon a sticky mess, Lex got up to wash his hands and face and get her a washcloth and came back to the bed and when he saw her he started laughing as he handed her the washcloth, she laughed as she took it from him,

"Thanks."

He grinned, "Your welcome."

She wiped off her hands and face and gave the washcloth back to him,

"Here you missed a spot." He said as he gently reached down and wiped her chin, their eyes met and Chloe felt her heart jump as she looked deep into his green eyes, she looked deeper and deeper into them until felt lost in the green abyss, his face was so close his hand still gently on her cheek, his lowered his lips so that they were almost touching hers when suddenly the door swung open and her nurse burst in, breaking the spell,

"Hello Miss Chloe!" She said brightly, "Mr. Luthor." Not noticing the way Chloe and Lex
had instantly separated when she walked in, "How are you doing tonight?"

Chloe cleared her throat, "Good Darcy, how about you?" She replied trying to avoid Lex’s eyes.

"Good as always missy." She said as she started to change the dressing on Chloe’s head.

"I’ll get out of your way." Lex said to the nurse.

Then he looked at Chloe, "I’ll be back in a little while."

Chloe nodded, "Bye." She said quietly.

Lex walked out of the room and Chloe breathed a sigh of relief, why do I feel like that whenever he’s near me? She wondered,

She sighed again,

Oh s*** I like Lex Luthor.

TBC

Natasha
16th May 2008, 19:39
very good chapter. I can't wait to read more.

hfce
18th May 2008, 01:25
What a great start. I can't wait to read more. :)

daria_103
18th May 2008, 20:19
Great start, looking forward to more.

dayamiracle
18th May 2008, 22:37
Great start! cant wait to see what happens next...what was in those files Lex got?.....and im sure Clark's reaction when he gets back will be to accuse Lex of something...sigh..but cant wait to see what you come up with!

dira
19th May 2008, 01:24
This was a very good beginning. I wonder how will the others react when they see lex in chloe's room. Please continue!!!!!

karila
19th May 2008, 01:41
Interesting beginning.
I hope to read more soon.

Kit Merlot
19th May 2008, 20:12
I'm glad that you are starting to post your fic here--please continue as soon as you can:D

adelaide
16th June 2008, 04:00
Great story. At some point I felt as if I was Chloe and it was me that Lex was fawning over....ah... if only. Anyway, please update soon!

cate82
22nd June 2008, 13:28
Love the story , I cant wait to read more.

chlexgirl24
28th February 2009, 10:50
I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't posted in forever, I've been soo busy I haven't even been able to watch Smallville lately because of basketball but now its over and well I decided it was time to start writing again I was just going to start a new fic but then I thought that I'd better finish this one or no one will ever trust me to finish another one....
okay so you might want to read over it to refresh your memory.....I had to
But now without further ado I present to you chapter 7...............

Chapter 7: Confessions

Chloe slowly sat up, grimacing slightly,

That wasn't so bad

Then very slowly she slid one leg, then the other, off the bed,

Nice and easy Chloe

Taking a breath she slowly put her weight onto her legs, carefully still holding onto the bed, she stood up,

See, not so hard

Her breath was coming out in huffs, she carefully took her her hands off the bed,

"Oh crap!"

Her legs gave out and she fell, crashing to the floor, suddenly the door opened and Lex walked in, he walked silently to her and helped her get back on the bed,

"Are you okay?"

She finally got the courage to look him in the face, he was angry, she couldn't grasp why.

"Yeah I'm fine, is something wrong?"

He speared her with a look,

"What do you mean is something wrong? Are you trying to kill yourself?"

Now he was making her angry, what did he think he was, her doctor?

"Lex, it is not your job to protect me, and any time I feel like getting up I will!"

He didn't back down any,

"Does that include falling off the bed as well?"

She lifted her chin.

"Well for your information I didn't fall off the bed, I just fell trying to stand up....."

She said, her voice trickling off slightly at the end.

He smirked.

"Then let me rephrase that, falling while trying to stand up, is that better?"

"Well that wasn't really part of the plan."

She mumbled.

He raised his eyebrows and nodded,

"Oh, I see."

He said, chuckling silently.

After glaring at him she turned her back to him.

"Chloe relax I'm just joking."

She turned to face him,

"I don't find its funny that I'm stuck in this freaking hospital bed while your walking around free to do whatever you want!" She huffed.

He sighed,

"I know how frustrating it is Chloe but the doctors say your healing nicely and you'll be out of here in no time.........well...........as long as you don't injure yourself falling."

He said, trying not to laugh but not really succeeding.

She looked at him sharply,

"I'm not quite sure what you find so very funny, Lex."

He laughed,

"You Chloe."

"Your a cruel man Lex, laughing at a woman lying in a hospital bed in pain."

He stopped laughing,

"Do want me to get the doctor?"

She was just about to kill him when she realized he was serious.

"Uh no I was mostly kidding I'm really feeling okay for having just fallen on my a**."

He relaxed a little,

"Oh okay, well don't do that again."

Chloe's brows came together in confusion,

"Do what?"

"Tell me your in pain when your not."

"Why, did I scare you?" She asked, provokingly.

He didn't respond.

"I did? Didn't I?" Chloe asked, incredulous.

Lex sighed, "Well despite what most people might think I am not the heartless monster everyone thinks I am."

Chloe could tell that he was hurt.

"I'm sorry Lex your right that wasn't fair and I of all people should know that, I guess I've gotten so used to how you've been ever since you and Clark stopped being friends, to be honest this whatever it is, us getting along, its a little.....hard to wrap my head around, I mean I've gotten so used to not trusting you and thinking you hated me well and pretty much hating you, I thought the idea of us ever having a civil conversation was impossible but this...its got to be a miracle....or I don't know, but its still hard, hard to trust you after everything thats happened, there's a lot of history between us Lex its not easy to forget, and its a little hard to believe that you've really changed."

Lex nodded as he took all this in, he smiled,

"Well to be honest with you Chloe I don't really understand what is going on with me I mean its been years since I felt this way."

Chloe frowned,

"And what way is that?"

Lex paused,

"Like I have a chance, like my life won't be just one big failure, like I have.............hope."

They both felt the impact of his words, and both were thinking different things, Chloe was thinking how terrible it would be to live without hope and wondering how anyone could do it, but then thought of all the things Lex had done and was extremely happy she had hope and that had seemingly found it.
Lex was hoping that it was real that it wasn't some trick of his imagination but most of all he hoped that Chloe believed him that she could see that he was telling the truth.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Luthor Mansion:

A week later Chloe was released from the hospital and even though she asked then demanded and finally begged Lex to let her go back home, to her apartment, he wouldn't allow it, saying that it was to dangerous because the person who did this to her was still out there and besides her apartment was still a mess, he'd been to occupied with trying to find Chloe that he had forgotten to get her apartment put back together, so she finally agreed to stay but only until her apartment was put back together.

Lex helped Chloe get out of the car,

"Thank you." Chloe said sighing, "You know Lex this really isn't necessary I'm fine on my own, I don't have to stay here."

They started walking into the mansion,

"Chloe your apartment is a mess."

"It can't be to bad atleast not bad enough that I can't stay in it."

"No you'll stay here until it gets cleaned up, you don't have to stay after that, although I wish you would, it would make my job to protect you a helluva lot easier but as I said its your choice, until then you will stay here."

She stopped suddenly,

"Who assigned you to protect me? Who says I even need protecting?"

His was very calm,

"I would call getting your apartment broken into, getting bashed in the head, and getting kidnapped a reason for needing protection."

"Lex I-" but he cut her off,

"Chloe your staying here." He said a note of authority. "Just follow Maria to your room, she'll help you get settled in."

Then he turned and walked away, Chloe was about to follow him but she knew it was useless, Lex had his mind set on her staying here, she might as well get used to it,

"D****!"

"I'm sorry ma'am did you say something?"

Chloe jumped a little at the maid's voice,

"Uh no, its Maria right?"

She smiled brightly, "Yes ma'am."

Chloe couldn't help but smile in return,

"I'm Chloe, its nice to meet you Maria, will you please show me to my room now?"

Maria smiled and nodded in return,

"Of Course Miss Chloe."

"Just call me Chloe, please, I've never liked formalities besides I'm gonna be staying here for a bit so I'm sure we'll get to know eachother."

Maria beamed at her words.

"Okay.....Chloe." Another smile.

"Come right this way Chloe," Beam. "I'll show you to your room I'm sure you'd like to freshen up before dinner."

Chloe smiled, "I'd love that."

Chloe followed Maria for what seemed like a long time,

There is a lot of the mansion I haven't seen before, man I could lost in this place.

Maria on the other hand seemed to navigate it easily.

"Maria I'm am soo glad your with me, if I was alone I'd be lost for sure."

Maria laughed,

Don't worry Chloe you'll know your way around here in no time."

Chloe shook her slightly,

"Well, if you say so Maria."

Maria laughed again,

"I know so."

Abruptly they stopped,

"Here we are."

Maria opened the door held it for Chloe to enter, what Chloe saw made her gasp, the room was beautiful there was a huge desk with her laptop on it, a vanity set, which was also huge and two big dressers, a walk-in closet (Maria told her) and the bed, which was ginormous, Chloe thought that it could probably fit a small army in it.

"Do you like it?"

Chloe had nearly forgotten about Maria behind her while lost in her survey of the room, she had startled her a little bit.

"Y-yes Maria thank you."

Maria smiled.

"You really like it?"

Chloe nodded.

"Yes, its gorgeous."

Maria looked pleased.

"Mr. Luthor will be pleased to hear you like it, I'll leave you to freshen up but first Mr. Luthor wanted me to tell you that the laptop on the desk is a gift, yours unfortunatley couldn't be salvaged and to tell you that he put all your data from your laptop onto the new one."

After saying this Maria left, saying to not worry about unpacking her clothes and promising to come and get her in a hour and a half.

Chloe walked slowly around the room she came to the desk where lay the mysterious laptop, she had thought from her initial scan of the room that it was hers now she could see that it wasn't, though it looked like hers it was obviously a newer version. She looked around the room again and her eyes landed on the two huge dressers and then, her now pitiful looking set of luggage, a few things from her house, she was going to get the rest later but even then she wouldn't even be able to fill the giant dressers,

Oh well might as well unpack anyway, save Maria the extra work. she thought.

She grabbed her bags and walked over to the dressers but when she opened the drawers she found that there was already clothes in them all looked new and all of them still had tags on them,

What the heck? Had Lex not gotten it emptied out from last time it was used?

Slowly she pulled out a piece of clothing she discovered that it was a shirt, name brand (well of course) and that it was her size, she was extremely puzzled by this,

"Well I'll just have to ask Lex about it, I guess."

She said to herself as she folded the shirt and replaced it in the drawer and closed it.

She grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom, it was just as beautiful as her room, not to mention it was practically bigger than her apartment, it had a jacuzzi, a double sink, tile floor that felt really warm on her barefeet, she realized that it was heated, it felt like a day at the spa,

"I could definitely get used to this."

After relaxing in the jacuzzi for way to long she finally pulled herself out and got dressed, put on makeup and fixed her hair, she made her way to the dining room guided by Maria, where Lex was waiting for her, he turned when she entered and she realized that he had also showered and changed,

"Chloe, how was your.....soak?"

Giving her a devilish smile.

Chloe ignored it.

"It was good thank you, how was yours?"

He smirked.

"Very good, did you like the room?"

"Yes its beautiful, I think your spoiling me."

"Good."

"Um Lex there was one thing..."

He frowned.

"What is that?"

"Well I was going to put my clothes away and-"

"Didn't Maria tell you she'd do it?"

He asked, frowning.

"Yes but I can put my own clothes away Lex, but when I opened the drawer there was already clothes in it."

" I know, they're yours."

Chloe shook her head,

"No they aren't my clothes, Lex, they were all brand new and waay to expensive for me to afford."

"They are your clothes Chloe, clothes I bought for you."

Chloe was confused,

"What? You bought clothes for me? Why?"

"Because I wanted too."

He said simply.

"I'm sorry Lex but I can't accept them."

He frowned.

"Why not?"

"Because you've already opened your home to me, replaced my laptop, not to mention saved my life, and now your trying to give me a dresser full of clothes, I don't think so Lex."

"Actually two dresser's and a closet full of clothes, well not to mention shoes, and you can accept them because I told you to, your my guest."

"Lex I hope you kept your receipts because I am not wearing those clothes."

She said, crossing her arms.

"Well then I feel sorry for you because if you don't wear the clothes I'll have your other clothes taken away and then you won't have any clothes except for the one's I bought you, or.....no clothes."

He smiled devilishly.

Chloe's eyes narrowed,

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

He was dead serious.

Chloe clenched and unclenched her fist,

"Fine."

He smiled, triumphantly,

"Good, I'm glad we reached an agreement."

She scoffed.

"An agreement! More like blackmail."

She said, shaking her head.

He laughed,

"Ready to eat?"

She suddenly realized how hungry she was,

"Yes but we'll talk about our 'agreement' later."

But the whole conversation quickly flew from her mind when they started to bring out the food.

After dinner Lex asked her to join him for drinks by the fireplace, soon they were both relaxing comfortably, staring into the fire, a comfortable silence between them, Lex broke it,

"Chloe, I want to know more about Doctor X."

She looked surprised,

How did you find out about him?"

"When we were looking for you we used your data off of your laptop, it got destroyed but we were able to salvage files off of it, files about Doctor X, unfortunately not all the files were able to be saved so we didn't learn much about him, like who he is for instance, we did find out a location and thats where we found you but he wasn't there, and if we are going to find him I need to know everything you know Chloe."

She hesitated.

"Chloe he will come back to find you if we don't find him first, now please tell me all you know."

She sighed.

"Okay well it all started about four months ago, when one of my sources contacted me, he told me about a facility, similar to that of 33.1 but I thought that all the 33.1 facilities had been closed down, that vigilantes had destroyed them all, so I was puzzled that the vigilantes would leave one and so I started to check into it but I was soon found out that it was a lot different than any 33.1 facility I'd ever heard of it was much worse there were things being done to them that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, apparently the person who ran the facility went by the name Doctor X but no one seemed to know his real name also he wasn't the one who owned it rather he worked for someone else he just acted as more like overseer of the facility but that he had conducted pretty much everything, that the man who actually owned it pretty much gave him free rein to do whatever he wanted and what he was doing was killing the meteors freaks but it wasn't like he'd bring them in there and shoot them, more like he was killing them slowly, making them suffer, it finally got to the point where he'd killed dozens of meteor infected so I decided I had to figure out a way to stop it and shut down the facility, the first thing I wanted to find out was who exactly Doctor X was after that I wanted to find out who the owner of the facility was that was when I got kidnapped and so yeah, thats the story."

"So who is this Doctor X?"

"His name is Malcolm Sirus, apparently he's some kind of scientist, he has some sick fetish with killing the meteor infected, I couldn't find much on his childhood but I did find out that he worked for the nsf or the National Science Foundation and was considered a genius but was kicked out and placed in a mental hospital when after he started going off about green rock that gave people powers, he was in the hospital for ten years until suddenly he was released suddenly without reason, by his now employer, and then suddenly just dropped off the map until now, except now he has a different name."

"So did you ever find out who his employer is?"

Chloe hesitated and Lex could tell that she didn't want to tell him, he didn't understand why,

"What is it Chloe?"

She sighed,

"This is where it gets tough Lex."

He frowned.

"The name of the man that owns the facility is.............."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliffhanger it wasn't the original plan but then well it just fit
I'll PPMS.......:rolleyes:
Please don't give up on me yet.....:puppydog:

lexie
28th February 2009, 17:44
Welcome to Naughty-Seduction. I´m glad to see you here- you know me as lexie2. I remember starting reading this fic on Kryptonsite last year, so I´m pleased to know you´re planning on continuing it.

Enjoy all the things these forums have to offer, including some of the best Chlex fics on the net.:grin3:

My fics:

COMPLETE FICS
Second Chances (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5254)
Payback Time (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5322)
The Love of Two Men (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5400)
Hope and Happiness (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5551)
The Countdown (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5599)
Shadows from the Past (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5676)
Finding the Way Back (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=225004#post225004)
The Real Thing (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=226336#post226336)
The Christmas Gift (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=227540#post227540)
Addicted (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=5940)
The Naked Truth (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=228769#post228769)
Crossing Paths (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?p=231641#post231641) and its sequel
Rebuilding (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6491)

dannibfree
28th February 2009, 18:37
I'm really enjoying this story. Can't wait for next update.

autumngold
28th February 2009, 21:28
This is such an interesting story!! I take it that Chloe doesn't know that Lois has disappeared? Or is Lois just not responding to Lex's e-mails? Chloe is so lucky that Lex has been keeping track of her!! If it wasn't for him, she would have died!! Hopefully she won't give him too hard of a time!! I'm really enjoying this great story!! Hope you can post more soon!! ;)

malugargula
1st March 2009, 06:16
I`m soooooo curious
:)

hfce
1st March 2009, 07:22
More please I can't believe you stopped there. :eek:

chlexgirl24
1st March 2009, 08:30
First of all thanks for the love ya'll :blinkkiss
I really appreciate it.:grin3:
Now this is a really fast update cuz now I'm really getting anxious to get this fic finished and my creative juices are flowing so I'm just trying to.....go with the flow so to speak lol but anyway here is chapter 8!

Chapter 8: Accusations and Denials

Lex stared at Chloe, stunned,

"Impossible."

"I'm sorry Lex."

Lex shook his head,

"It's not right Chloe, there must be some mistake."

Chloe sighed,

"No Lex , the owner of the facility is Lionel Luthor."

"I don't understand, my dad has done some pretty sick things, but that was in the past, he changed, I mean hasn't been involved with that kind of stuff since he got out of jail and buddied up with Martha and Clark, since he became all 'good'."

"Look Lex apparently he didn't change as much as we thought."

"Or maybe something else is going on." He said, turning to look at her,

"Oh yeah Lex, like what?."

"Chloe, my father has done a lot of things to hurt you."

"Lex! Are you accusing me of something?"

"Well......" He said, cocking his eyebrows

Chloe took a calming breath, and spoke quietly,

"Lex, yes your father may have done a lot of things to hurt me and the people I love but I wouldn't wrongly accuse him of something, especially something like this, and." She paused. "I wouldn't lie to you Lex, even though he's done things to hurt you your whole life, he IS your father and that isn't something I would mess with, I know Luthor's well enough that they may fight and act like they hate eachother but if someone threatens their own, that person is gonna be sorry."

Lex sighed, and shook his head,

"I'm sorry Chloe, I know that you wouldn't lie to me its just hard to accept, I thought he had actually changed but I guess not, makes me wonder how much hope there is for me." He mused.

Chloe walked up to him and placed her hand on his shoulder,

"Lex you are not like your father, you can change, don't ever lose hope." Desperation colored her words.

He looked into her eyes and saw something that surprised him, she believed in what she said, she wasn't just saying it, it comforted him to have her confidence, her hope.

"Thank you Chloe." He said earnestly.

He realized her hand was still on his shoulder, he felt the warmth of it through his shirt, spreading throughout his entire body, she started to take it away but he caught it and held it captive where it was, she looked up at him, surprised, and their eyes caught and held, he slowly lowered his head, and their lips met, his hand slid off of her hand that was on his shoulder and went around her waist, instead of taking her hand off his shoulder her other hand grasped the opposite shoulder and she clung to him, fire coursing through her veins in a way that she had never experienced, finally after what seemed forever they came up for air, they were both breathing heavily, Chloe backed away from him,

"Lex I- uh don't know what that was...I." she was short of breath, her head still spinning.

"Do you want me to apologize Chloe? Because I won't." He grinned. "I enjoyed it to much."

She still couldn't think clearly and his smile wasn't helping any, she did the only think she could think of.

"I'm going to bed, goodnight."

She practically ran out the room, leaving Lex standing there and hearing him chuckle as she fled.

His laughing didn't last long however, because his was heart was still racing and blood was still pounding in his ears, he couldn't understand why he felt this way, how Chloe had this effect on him, yes she was beautiful and strong and witty, and so many things but he'd never dreamed that this would be how it would feel to kiss her, he hadn't felt like with any other women not Lana, not anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About five minutes after making her escape Chloe entered her room, Maria looking at her worriedly, thankfully she'd been there to guide her or else she might have never gotten to her room, to safety, who knows where she could've ended up had she been by herself, she might've entered Lex's room!

Chloe shook her head trying to clear way thoughts of Lex's bedroom and.........Lex.

Maria saw this.

"Are you sure your okay Chloe, you look....uh...excited."

I guess thats one way to describe how I feel, excited...ha.....indeed!

Chloe worked on gathering herself,

"Yes I'm fine Maria I'm just tired is all."

Chloe could see that she didn't buy it but let it go anyway,

"Very well Chloe, sleep well."

Chloe sighed in relief when she left, pressing her hands against her still burning cheeks she fell on her bed, thoughts rushing through her head a million miles an hour,

Why did I kiss him?

Why do I feel this way?

I'm such a idiot.

I shouldn't of backed down when he told me to stay here I should have fought more, just walked away, something.

This is so so so bad.

"That's it." She said as she climbed off the bed. "I'm leaving right now."

But then she reconsidered, she'd probably get shot by his security, thinking that she was some intruder, or worse she might run into Lex himself.

"Okay tomorrow then, first thing tomorrow."

Her plan was the only thing that helped her fall asleep, but then all she dreamt of was kissing Lex.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In his own room, Lex was had the same problem.

After a late night and not sleeping very well, Chloe slept late, it was almost ten thirty when she opened her eyes,

"D***!" She said after seeing the time.

Throwing off her covers she tore through her luggage and jumped in the shower, after she was finished getting ready, she packed her bags, made the bed and grabbed the laptop off the desk, opening the door she quietly exited, walking softly down the hall hoping to avoid detection, after what seemed like an eternity, and worrying that she was lost she came to a place that looked familiar, Lex's study, hearing voices inside she walked very carefully by the door when all the sudden she recognized a voice, one she hadn't expected to hear,

"Lois?"

Suddenly the door flew open and she realized that she'd said it out loud, there with one brow cocked a quizzical look on his face as he took in her appearance, stood Lex,

"Going somewhere Chloe?"

But Lois saved her from having to reply

"Chloe, its about time you woke up!" Lois shouted from behind him, then practically running came and embraced her,

"I'm so glad your okay cuz." She said in Chloe's ear.

All this time Chloe just stood there gawking.

"Lex you told me she was okay!" Lois accused, turning to him.

"Lois I'm fine, I-I just wasn't expecting to see you so soon."

Lois turned back around to face her.

"Do you really think I wouldn't come, knowing you were in trouble?!" Lois exclaimed placing her hands on her hips.

"Lois I wouldn't want you to put your career on the line, especially since you knew I was alright."

"I didn't know that you were okay, not with cueball here." She said motioning behind her, which Lex shook his head at.

Chloe was about to reply but Lois cut her off,

"Look Chlo relax I would've had to come back anyway."

"But you weren't supposed t be back for another three weeks, atleast."

Lois shrugged, "Plans change."

Chloe could tell she was hiding something,

"What aren't you telling me, Lois?" Chloe demanded.

Lois sighed,

"Our convoy was hit, I was captured along with a couple others, we were held for a couple weeks, thats why I didn't have contact with Lex, we were," She hesitated for a second. "Rescued, and well here I am." She smiled.

"Whoa, whoa back up a second, were you injured?"

"No do I mean the food was the greatest, well thats when we got food." She shrugged.

"Lois can you be so nonchalant about all this?"

"Chloe its isn't that big of deal I wasn't hurt, I'm safe, I'm back."

"Lois do you know how lucky you are, how many haven't made it back? And yes I am going to make a big deal out of it, you could have been killed!"

"I knew the risk of going over there, I didn't go to the middle east for vacation Chlo, I made the choice of going and I knew what could happen."

"I still don't why your not taking it seriously, like you dying is some big joke or something."

"Okay look I'm sorry Chloe it isn't a joke, but the important thing is that you and I are both alive and I'm back here to take care of you." Lois said and then hugged her.

Chloe hugged her back, happy that Lois was safe and as they pulled away she thought of something,

"Lois where are you going to stay?"

"I'm staying at the Kent's, um you know until the apartment gets fixed up." She said acting fidgety.

"Wait, did you ask Clark or Martha?" Chloe asked.

"I-I asked Clark."

"Oh what about when he and Lana get back?"

"Well, " She laughed nervously. "Clark is back."

Chloe processed this for second, "Oh, Clark is back." She frowned. "What....about.....Lana?" She asked haltingly, confused.

"Um Chloe why I don't let Clark explain everything to you okay?"

Chloe frowned again but nodded in consent.

"Okay well lets get all your stuff and get it loaded."

Lex finally spoke, "She isn't leaving."

"Yeah she is, she's coming with me, thank you Lex for what you've done but we'll handle it from here okay?"

Both Lex and Chloe looked at her quizzically,

"We?" Lex asked.

She hesitated, "Her friends."

"Well from where I'm standing her friends aren't very good at 'taking care of it' or her for that matter."

Lois's eyes narrowed, "Yo-"

"Lois its okay, just let me handle it, why don't you go out and wait alright?" Chloe said cutting Lois off.

Sucking in her breath Lois nodded and exited the room.

"Your not leaving Chloe."

"Yes I am Lex, thank you for letting me stay here but now I have a place to stay so....."

"I thought you were fearless but apparently I was wrong." Lex said, mockingly.

Chloe frowned and shook her head, "What are you talking about Lex?"

"Your scared Chloe."

"I'm scared, okay, scared of what?"

"That what happened last night will happen again."

The events of last night suddenly flooded to her mind, her cheeks flushed slightly at the memory, something he noticed and grinned about.

Chloe raised her chin, "If I did have to stay here that wouldn't happen again, but I don't have to so it really doesn't matter."

He nodded, "Oh so thats why you were trying to run away this morning."

He had her trapped and she knew it.

"Okay so maybe thats why I want to leave, I don't want it to happen again."

He cocked one brow, "Are you sure you don't want it to happen again?" He asked, smirking.

Much to her embarrassment her face flushed deeply at the thought.

He smirked again, "My, Chloe, I didn't realize you blushed so easily."

After clenching her fists and glaring at him she spun around and headed for the door but before she got there he caught her arm and spun her back around,

"Your not leaving."

"Lex let me go."

"No your staying here."

"Why?"

"So I can keep an eye on you."

"Lois and Clark will make sure I'm safe."

"Those two? Keeping you safe, somehow I'm not reassured."

"Why is it such a big deal, I thought you'd be happy to have me off your hands."

"It's a big deal Chloe because," He hesitated. "I consider you a friend and I don't want you to get hurt, especially with the maniac that kidnapped you still out there."

Chloe took this in, "I'm surprised to hear you say that Lex but whats even more is, I also consider you a friend, but since I'm not very good at ignoring huge elephants there is obviously something more well I mean last night was, we have...." She stopped, at a loss for words.

"Chemistry?" He said, smirking.

Suddenly aware of how close they were she wasn't able to answer, she tried to pull her hand away but he wouldn't let go, he rubbed her wrist with his thumb, feeling her soft skin and her pulse quicken at the motion, She sucked in a deep breath,

"Lex please let me go."

"Why Chloe? Because I don't really think you want me to."

"Yes I do, because I'm not like other girls I don't just hook up with anyone even if it is Lex Luthor, I want more Lex, I want to love someone and have them love me..........I want my happily ever after, is that what you want Lex?"

He was shocked for a second but then said,

"I don't believe in happily ever after."

"Then I think its best if I leave, goodbye Lex."

She pulled her arm away from his loosened grip and walked out the door, leaving Lex standing there, stunned.

So whatcha think?
Suggestions are always welcome!:grin3:
And just to let you know the next few(ish) chapters have some unexpected surprises
TBC (soon);)

autumngold
2nd March 2009, 08:00
What a wonderful update!! I'm so glad that Lois is ok, which is surprising for me because she isn't my favorite character!! But at least she cared when Chloe went missing, unlike Chloe's other so-called friends!! Lex and Chloe's chemistry is great, but I'm proud of her for standing up for herself and what she wants!! Hopefully Lex will see that she was right!! Can't wait for more!! :)

chlexgirl24
10th March 2009, 01:40
Sorry for the wait, and the kinda short length of the update, but here s chapter 9::/::grin3:
Hope you like it!!!:D

Chapter 9: Surprising Revelations

Kent Farm:

Lois and Chloe pulled into the Kent farm, as soon as they stopped Chloe's door was opened and she was enveloped in a giant bear hug,

"Chloe I'm sorry I wasn't here, are you okay?" Clark exclaimed.

"Well I was but if you don't let go soon it might be a different story." Chloe gasped out.

Clark suddenly let go, "Oh sorry Chlo."

Chloe breathed, "Its okay Clark."

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to save you."

Chloe looked at Clark sharply, Didn't he realize that Lois was standing right there?

Chloe laughed like it was a joke.

Lois and Clark just stared at her.

Chloe frowned, "What.....is....going.....on?"

"Lois knows about my powers, Chloe."

Chloe's eyes widened, "She knows....about your powers....about......everything?"

"Yep I know all about him being a alien from the planet Krypton and all that stuff." Lois said, in a nonchalant manner.

Chloe stared at Lois like she was insane, finally she spoke, "And your okay with this?"

"Yeah I mean it came as a bit of a surprise but hey he's still the Clark I know and love."

Chloe slowly nodded her head, "Right, um how exactly did this happen?"

"Well you know when I was kidnapped and I told you I'd escaped, well that wasn't exactly true, Clark rescued me, well us, he rescued the others prisoners too, and thats how I found out, I couldn't tell you before because Lex was standing right there."

Chloe let this sink in for a second, "But I don't understand." She said looking at Clark. "What were you even doing there?" She asked, frowning.

"Well after Lana and I went our separate ways I kinda just wandered looking for people in need, and then I stumbled upon Lois." He said, kind of shrugging.

"After you and Lana 'went your separate ways'?, What does that mean?" Chloe asked, confused.

Clark sighed, "Lana and I, our relationship wasn't going anywhere, and it was time to call it off, so we did."

"You guys broke up? Just like that?"

"Yes Chloe, its been in the works for a long time now, it was bound to happen."

Chloe couldn't wrap her brain around it, Clark broke up with Lana after years and years of ups and downs, she had finally known his secret and they had what they always wanted, and they'd just called it quits, just like that?

"Look Chloe I know this is alot to take in so maybe we should talk about it later."

Choe considered this for a moment, "Okay, later, now whats for lunch?"

After lunch Chloe went upstairs, while Clark and Lois cleaned up from lunch, as Chloe was walking down the stairs she overheard them talking,

"Are we going to tell her......everything?" Clark asked.

"Clark, I'm not sure we have much choice, if we don't she might sense that we're keeping something from her."

"Your right, of course, but its just that I'm not sure she's ready for this, it might be hard for her to handle."

There was a pause.

"Clark pleeeaaase, Chloe has been over you for a long time now."

"That isn't what I'm talking about, she has been through a lot, she was kidnapped by some psycho and then she has been with Lex all this time, and now this,
I just don't know."

"Maybe your right, maybe we should wait a little bit before we tell her, but that means we have to be careful, if she senses anything we are dead."

Just then Chloe walked in, "I think you guys give me to much credit, or maybe--" But the words died on her lips, Clark and Lois were kissing, they broke up quickly when she came in, but not before Chloe had seen them.

Chloe stood on the threshold to shocked to speak.

Clark and Lois fidgeted nervously.

Finally Lois spoke, "Chloe we were going to tell you but we thought it would be best to wait until after this kidnapping business got cleared up, once your apartment got cleaned up so you could move back in."

"Oh so I could get moved back in, yeah thats really important to you guys isn't it? That way you can get back to whatever it is thats going on between you two."

"Chloe it isn't like that, we love eachother."

"Love? You love eachother? Like I'm going to buy that one."

"You don't understand, when Clark saved me and I saw what he could do and then when he told me everything it was like, everything just clicked and I suddenly saw him for who he really was and all these feelings I'd repressed came to the surface and I realized that I love him."

Chloe tried to take it in.

"Chloe I love Lois, and when I saved her I don't really know how to describe it because how I happened upon where she was being held, it just, well there isn't any other explanation besides, it was destiny, I don't know how long I've loved her, when those feelings started but I was with Lana and I just I wasn't paying attention, unfortunately, there were a lot of things I should have been doing, important things, when instead I was focused on only Lana, I regret that a lot now, and I'm paying for it."

Chloe was quiet.

"Are you okay with this Chloe, because if not we can......" Lois let the sentence hang.

Chloe shook her head, "No I'm fine with it um its just a lot to take in at in at one time, it'll just take me time to process it, you know?"

"I understand Chloe, how about Clark and I leave you alone for a while?" Lois asked.

"Oh, you guys don't have to do that."

"No, thats a good idea Lois, the farm could use some restocking anyways." Clark added.

"Sounds like a plan." Lois said, smiling.

After they had left, Chloe walked up to the room she was staying in, and after grabbing her cellphone she walked downstairs and got Lois' keys, glad they had taken the truck, she got in Lois' car and left.

Soon she pulled into the Luthor mansion, as she got out of the car she had the weirdest feeling of coming home, shaking the feeling she walked up the steps and went inside, she walked into the library, where Lex could usually be found, and found that her hunch was correct, Lex was sitting at his desk and looked up when she came in,

"Hello Chloe." He said, smiling.

"Lex, sorry, I got your message, I came as soon as I could, what is it?"

"Actually I'm surprised you were able to make it at all, with your babysitters, how exactly did you escape from them anyway?"

"They went shopping, I wasn't invited."

"Lois and Clark, shopping? Together?"

"Yeah weird huh?"

"Very, but that isn't what I called you here for, my team found a lead on Malcolm Sirus."

"Really, what is it?"

"They found a location, we're going to go and get him now."

"Your going?"

"Yes I want to make sure we get him this time."

"I'm going with you."

"No, absolutely not, I called you here so I would know where you were, so I could make sure you are safe."

"Lex this guy kept me locked up in basement for weeks, I'm not going to stand by waiting for you to catch him, I want to come, I want to help."

Lex sighed, "Fine but you are staying in the car."

Chloe smiled, "Whatever you say Lex."

TBC
Feedback is always appreciated!:grin3:

hfce
10th March 2009, 02:54
Great update and I can't wait to see what happens next. :)

Mariss001
11th March 2009, 05:09
This is a great story! Please update soon............

chlexgirl24
21st March 2009, 07:11
Miracles of all miracles! I updated my fic! YAAAAY ME!!:shocked::clapclap:
Chapter 10!

Chapter 10: Trouble

Lex and Chloe got into a big black SUV as they took off she noticed, another SUV was in front and another behind them and she also noticed that she was the only one in the vehicle that wasn't carrying a gun, even the driver had one though she suspected that he wasn't really just a driver, Lex was in the back seat with her, in the passenger seat was the team leader for this mission, though actually he was more like messenger boy to Lex, who seemed to be totally running the whole thing by himself without much help from the guy, a little while later they pulled into a alley, they're were warehouses all around them and Chloe was sure that she hadn't ever seen this part of Metropolis before, and with all the scary looking homeless people and druggies she was glad she wasn't her alone,

"Lex, where are we?"

" What? Are you telling me you've never seen this scenic part of Metropolis." Lex said, smirking.

"Very funny."

"Okay look we parked a couple blocks away from the warehouse he is located in, we thought that driving three black SUV's up to his door might not be a great idea, I'm going to leave you with Jake, he's the driver."

Jake looked back at her, "Hey." He mumbled, he didn't seem to happy to be here, probably because he had to stay here and babysit her and miss out on all the action.

Lex and his "team leader" got out, "We probably won't be long we're just going to go in, get him and get out, don't worry he won't be riding with us."

"Are you sure? There's plenty of room." Chloe said, sarcastically.

Lex just smiled, "We'll be back." Then with one meaningful look at Jake the driver they left.

After a couple minutes, after Chloe was sure they were really gone she spoke, "So-o-o Jake, I bet you wish you were with them instead of babysitting me." Leaning forward between the driver and passenger seats.

Jake glanced at her, "I just do what I'm told, Miss....."

"Oh just call me Chloe."

"....Chloe."

"Hmmm thats nice um well you could just leave me here and go...with them."

Jake smirked, "Lex told me you'd try to get to the warehouse."

"So it is in a warehouse, I suspected that it was but its good to know for sure."

Jake cursed under his breath when he realized that she'd tricked him.

"Now if you could just tell me what warehouse it is...'

He smirked. "I don't think so."

In a flash Chloe had his gun, "What the..."

Chloe grinned, "It was a really bad idea to have the holster on that side, now about the warehouse...."

"Oh and I wouldn't try anything if I were you, my uncle, he's a three star general, I know all about guns."

Jake sighed but got out of the vehicle, Chloe climbed out too, keeping a bead on him, "Now don't try anything because wouldn't want anything unfortunate to happen, would we?"

Jake didn't say anything, Chloe cocked an eyebrow, He sighed, irate. "NO."

"Good, now will you lead me to the warehouse, please." Chloe asked, smiling sweetly.

He started walking and she followed holding the gun on his back.

Before long they came to a warehouse that, well looked like all the others except she saw one of Lex's men and so she knew it was the right place, they walked up a little closer and stood behind some crates,

"This is it." Jake said.

"Thank you so much Jake, but I won't be needing you anymore."

Chloe clocked him in the head with the gun, knocking him out.

She walked stealthily towards the warehouse, as she got to the door she could hear voices,

"Now doctor, you need to come with us." A voice said, whom she recognized as being Lex.

Then there was a low, kind of scratchy voice, "Why would I want to come with you and abandon all my work?"

"Because I know exactly what kind of "work" you do and who you do it for." Lex answered.

"I see, and who exactly would you be, you seem to know me but I'm afraid I don't know you." Said the voice, that she was guessing belonged to Malcolm Sirus.

"Who I am is not important."

"Well then could I know where your planning on taking me?"

"I'm taking you to be locked up, in a place where you can never conduct this kind of research again."

Then there was a crash, "What! Locked up?! My work is far to important to be stopped!"

"I think the world will be a better place with one less murderer on the streets."

"MURDERER!?!" Another large crash.

"Calm down, Doctor Sirus."

He seemed to calm down at Lex's words,

"HAH! It doesn't matter what you say anyway, they aren't going to arrest me for killing meteor freaks, they'll probably give me some kind of medal or something." He said, laughing uproariously.

"Well last time I checked kidnapping gets you put away as well."

There was a long silence.

Then suddenly was what sounded like a yell, but it sounded like it came from like an animal, then she could hear Lex's men shouting, and gunshots, Chloe yanked open the door ran in, inside was chaos, Lex's men were scattered about the room shooting at.....something, she didn't know what, Lex was barking orders, shooting in between words, but what were they shooting at? All the sudden she saw it, it was some kind of beast, it was hard to spot it seemed to blend in with its sorroundings but then every once in a while there would be a spark and it would become visible for a couple seconds and then disappear again, when it appeared she aimed at it, it disappeared but she still shot at it, she hit it and then it flashed, she realized that it flashed whenever it was shot, but was it actually hurting it? It didn't seem to be doing much damage, the creature was running just as fast as it had been, there was a flash the creature was suddenly visible as someone hit it, its like the bullets are bouncing off like they're hitting some kind of.......armor? Maybe that was it, maybe that was why it wasn't bleeding or wearing down, they were just wasting bullets, another flash and the creature was visible, she noticed that right in its chest were little, almost like chinks, hmmm so it has chinks in its armor....
She ran over to where Lex was,

"Lex!"

He turned, "Chloe? What the h*** are you doing here?"

"Lex I think the creature has some kind of armor, our bullets aren't doing anything to it."

He looked at her, "Armor?"

"Yes that's why when it gets hit it sparks and stuff like its hitting-"

"Armor." Lex said cutting her off , he was frowning, thinking.

"D*** if we can't shoot it we're going to have to find some other way to kill it."

"Listen Lex I think we might be able to shoot it, if we can shoot it in the right place, right in the middle of its chest they're are little holes like chinks."

Lex listened intently, "Chinks in its armor..."

He started yelling this information to his men, soon they were all aiming at the same thing, the creature's chest.

It seemed like an eternity, everyone feared they were going to run out of bullets, no one knows who's bullet it was but finally the beast collapsed on the floor, dead.

There was a collective sigh of relief and yet they're was also dread as everyone crept up to where the creature lay, as they walked up to it they could see it twitching, its body writhing, Lex walked up to it and shot it point blank in the chest, the movement stopped,

"Well it looks like he won't be doing any experiments anymore."

Chloe frowned.

"Wait, this was Malcolm Sirus?"

"Yeah apparently he wasn't only working on meteor freaks, he was one of them."

Lex looked at his men, "Burn it, burn the whole warehouse."

"Yes sir."

Lex and Chloe headed out of the warehouse, "I'm glad thats over, now do want to tell me how exactly you got here?"

"Oh yeah that reminds me, I knocked Jake out behind those crates," She pointed. "We might want to go get him."

Seeing her expression, Lex laughed so loud that it echoed down the long alley's

Feedback?

hfce
21st March 2009, 16:08
Chloe is crazy!!! :rofl: I don't believe she did that. :D

malugargula
21st March 2009, 20:15
Great chapter

autumngold
22nd March 2009, 02:01
Silly Lex, trying to leave Chloe behind!! Thank goodness she found a way to kill the beast!! Hopefully it stays dead!! What is Chloe going to do now? Lois and Clark are taking too much time making out to pay attention to her, and Lex doesn't believe in love!! I hope Chloe is able to change Lex's mind!! Thanks for the updates!! Please come back soon and update this great story!!

kirt30
23rd March 2009, 13:33
great fic can't wait for the next chapter

chlexgirl24
9th April 2009, 09:52
Sorry for the wait:(
And thank you ALL for all your kind words and encouragement:hug::nshug::grin3:
Now here is the next and last installment of my fic........Enjoy!!!!!!:D

Chapter 11: Happy endings......?

A year later:

Chloe sat outside the bathroom in the Luthor Mansion, inside there were scuffling noises as well as a couple of exasperated groans,

"Lo? You alright in there?"

Another groan.

"Yes.....I'm....fine.....Chloe....its just.....this....dress has....so.....much......fabric!"

"Are you sure you don't need help."

"I'm sure, thanks though."

Chloe smiled to herself, she never thought she would live to see this day, Lois and Clark......getting married? Who woulda thought? Ever since the whole kidnapping ordeal which had been cleared up, apparently Lionel Luthor hadn't had anything to do with it, Dr. X aka Malcolm Sirus aka Freaky Serpent Monster.....Thing had made it look like Lionel was paying for his "research" but in actuality Lionel had been totally in the dark about the whole scheme surprisingly enough. So Dr. X had been killed, Lionel Luthor let off the hook by his son and she'd been able to move back into her apartment, to have her life back to the way it was before.......except there was just one little problem it wasn't the way it was before, she wasn't happy, she hadn't been extremely happy before but better than this, she been denying it but she knew it dod no good, she loved Lex Luthor......there she'd gotten it out........since the day he'd raced to her rescue for the second time, old feelings, feelings she had thought were long dead gone, buried, had resurfaced and then the teenage crush she used to have on him turned into much more.......she had fallen in love with him, she couldn't help it, but Lex didn't return the feelings, he didn't believe in happy endings, he didn't believe in true love, though she couldn't really blame him after seeing his mom and dad's terrible marriage, and being burned so many times how could he believe in it? How could anyone that had gone through so much risk their heart? For whom?

Unexpected the thought came,

You

Chloe mentally shook herself,

Come on Chloe get a hold of yourself, this day is for Clark and Lois, this is supposed to be the happiest day of their lives and D*****! It will be!

Suddenly the door of the bathroom burst open, and Lois half stumbled out, she was very pale and her eyes were red, Chloe stood abrubtly, alarmed by her appearance,

"Lois are you okay?"

Lois collapsed in the chair Chloe had just vacated and burst into tears,

"No! Chloe what am I doing?!"

"Your starting to freak me out.....whats going on, Lois?"

"What was I thinking, agreeing to marry Clark?"

"Well I don't know your exact thoughts but I'm guessing they were along the lines of 'I love Cark'......you do love him, don't you?"

"No....I mean yes I love him but that isn't what I was talking about."

Chloe sighed,

"Look Lois this isn't really the time to be worrying about your honeymoon and wether or not Clark will-"

"Chloe! No! Thats not what this is about, he's Superman."

"Yes." Chloe said slowly, "And.....?"

"AND what if I'm just holding him back?"

"Lois please-"

"I'm serious Chloe, his destiny...its so much bigger than mine."

"Lois seriously that is ridiculous, you are an amazing reporter bound for great things, trust me and, listen to me," Chloe said as Lois started to turn away, "Lo, you and Clark together, you guys are like.....the most ass-kicking Dynamic Duo that I' have EVER heard of."

Lois laughed, "Are you sure?"

"Undoubtedly," Chloe smiled, "No-o-o-w I think your late for your own wedding, and I swear I feel Clark's x-ray burning a hole in my back right now, so we'd better hurry up and fix your makeup, and thankfully Lex has a medicine cabinet the size of Kansas in every bathroom so there should be some eye-drops in there so you won't be a red-eyed bride, you still want to do this right?"

"Yes I do, what would I do without you Chloe?"

"Oh curl up and die, I'm sure of it." She said, grinning.

After they got Lois all cleaned up they walked down the hall and by the back door stood Lex, waiting for them, as well as a very anxious General Sam Lane, who sighed in relief when he saw them.

'Oh thank goodness Lo, I was beginning to think that Clark was going to have a heart attack."

"So.....he's still here?" Lois said, a note of anxiousness in her voice.

"Of course Lo," He laughed "I think he would wait forever for you."

Lois' chin tipped.

"Yeah? Well Smallville better get used to it, we're getting married after all."

Chloe smiled, "There's the Lois we all know and love, I was beginning to think that you'd gone soft."

"Pshhh, well Clark may have a lot of gifts, but changing me isn't one of em'."

"Glad to hear it Lois," Sam said, then his voice broke a little, "Your so beautiful, you look so much like your mother."

Suddenly Lois looked very vulnerable, "I look like momma?" Tears filling her eyes.

"Yes, she would be so proud of you, I am so proud of you, and I know I don't say it enough but I love you."

They hugged, "I love you too daddy."

Lex cleared his throat loudly, "I hate to interrupt but if Clark was close to having a heart attack before...........I really think we'd better get going."

"Lex is right, besides your messing up your makeup Lois."

Lois took a deep breath, and nodded, "Right, okay, I'm ready, lets get this show on the road."

Lex went up to Chloe, "Shall we?" He asked, smiling down at her.

Chloe returned his smile and put her arm in his, "Yeah."

As Best Man and Matron of Honor, they had to walk down the aisle together, something Chloe had been half dreading and looking forward to ever since she'd found out about it.

They walked slowly down the aisle, and Chloe felt the stares of people as they walked by, she realized that she felt very proud walking on Lex Luthor's arm, and was all the sudden very grateful that Clark had chosen Lex for his Best Man instead of Jimmy, it wouldn't have been the same, when Lex and Clark renewed their friendship she had been so happy and they were happy, they were once again best friends it was nice to see, with Kara being one of Lois' bridesmaids and Jimmy being one of Clark's groomsmen actually the only other ones besides Lex and Chloe, it seemed only natural that they walk down together though that isn't why they chose it that way. As they neared the end of the aisle Chloe saw the anxiousness on Clark's face and as Lex led her to where Kara stood she gave Clark a comforting smile, "She's coming." She whispered. He smiled briefly at her but then returned to being anxious, soon the Wedding March began and Lois and her General Lane appeared, they slowly began their descent and Chloe couldn't miss how the anxious look instantly disappeared from his face replaced by a look of overwhelming love and happiness nor could she miss the way Lois' face mirrored it, she ached, longed for that feeling, she wondered if she would ever experience it.

The wedding ceremony wasn't very long, and soon everyone started heading inside for the reception, a large room had been cleared out to make room for dining, dancing and mingling, or whatever people might want to do, so it was in full swing in no time, There was a table reserved for the Wedding Party, including the Bride and Groom, and then also various other tables reserved for family and such, so Lois and Clark, Lex, Chloe, Kara and Jimmy were all at one table, but after dinner, Lois and Clark started making rounds to greet and thank all their guests, and it wasn't long before Kara and Jimmy left to dance, leaving only Lex and Chloe sitting at the table, a slightly awkward silence between them,

"I would never have guessed Lois and Clark together, not to mention married." Lex said, shaking his head in disbelief.

Chloe smiled as she watched Lois and Clark together, "Yeah, well I guess love doesn't let you choose."

"Yeah I guess your right." He said, suddenly he stood. "Would you like to dance?"

Chloe looked up at him, speechless.

"I.....er....um yeah...I-I guess."

He lead her out onto the dance floor and took her in his arms, she fit better in his arms than she had ever felt in anyones, danced in silence for a couple minutes before he spoke,

"What are you thinking?"

She looked up and it was then that she realized how close they were, his face was very near hers his beautiful eyes so deep she could get lost in them,

How gorgeous you are,

She cleared her throat, "I was uh just thinking how happy Lois and Clark look, and how happy I am for them."

He raised an eyebrow, probably suspecting that she wasn't telling the truth, "Hmm I see, yes they do look very much......in love."

"Yes, they do." She said, her eyes trained on Clark and Lois and Lex caught the note of wistfulness in her voice, and as he looked at her he came to a realization,

"You know seeing them, how much in love they are its almost enough to make one believe in......happy endings."

She turned her head and looked at him, frowning, searching his, trying to understand, he lowered his head until they're noses were nearly touching,

"I'm saying I love you Chloe."

She didn't have time to speak before his lips claimed hers, and then......she didn't feel like speaking at all.

The End.

:grin2:

hfce
9th April 2009, 15:24
Aww what a cute ending. To much Lois for my taste though. :D LOL!

malugargula
10th April 2009, 00:00
Great ending

autumngold
10th April 2009, 04:29
I am so glad that you gave your story a happy ending!! Lex was scaring me there for a little bit!! I'm so glad that he decided to give Chloe a chance!! Thank you so much for this wonderful story!!

chlexgirl24
10th April 2009, 06:16
Awww thank you guys so much:nshug:
hfce I'm sorry that the Lois wasn't to you liking....:confuse2::grin2:

Kit Merlot
10th April 2009, 15:16
This was a lovely ending--great work:grin3:

Ami Rose
7th February 2014, 14:05
that was so sweet. loved the ending!