PDA

View Full Version : [Completed] Happy Ending (R) July 2nd, 2008 COMPLETE

wistfulwatcher
15th May 2008, 14:36
Disclaimer: (Sorry!) I don't own... anything.

There had never been a bald prince. That’s how she knew there was no happy ending with Lex Luthor.

When she was three, she idolized Cinderella, and adored Snow White. She dreamed of being like Ariel, and coveted the life of Sleeping Beauty.

When she was five, her mother left, and she was terrified she’d end up with a wicked stepmother.

When she was ten, she discovered a “true” collection of fairytales, written by the Grimm Brothers, their stories taken from the 1600s and earlier. She read about her heroines’ vengeful natures, rapes, and the gruesome details that accompanied their tales.

When she was eleven, she had her first kiss. Johnny Rosenblatt’s lips didn’t cause an orchestra to swell, and it didn’t cause her foot to pop, but it did make her question “true love’s kiss.”

When she was thirteen, she went on her first date and discovered that the fairytales were completely false. Joshua Miller looked like a pre-pubescent Prince Charming, but at the young age of fourteen, was already a frog.

When she became an adult on her eighteenth birthday, Chloe Sullivan became a full-fledged love cynic.

Lois had been planning the party for a month. All of her friends had worked hard to make her day special, so she rewarded them by keeping her mouth shut about the fact that she’d known since day three.

She’d heard Lois on the phone more than twenty times in the past week, only knowing it was for the party by the hushed tones coming from the linen closet.

Chloe let it go, not wanting to spoil this for her cousin. She knew Lois meant well, so she pushed back the urge to let her know she’d figured it out.

On the day of her eighteenth birthday, Lois woke her up with a loud, “Happy Birthday!” her father right behind, holding a tray with breakfast. Chloe smiled, and they slowly left her room.

She sat on her bed for twenty minutes, her breakfast sitting by her side. Her stomach refused the wafting smell of pancakes, though, her mind focusing on more important things.

She’d decided the night before that today was going to be special. She was going to have Clark Kent, her Prince Charming.

Along with keeping the secret that she knew about the party, Chloe went along with her cousin’s urging hand pushing her to shop with Lana.

Chloe felt different around Lana now, after her trip to Paris. They no longer felt like sisters, and barely managed a friendship. Since she’d come back with Jason, though, Chloe felt she deserved one more chance with her plaid-clad best friend.

The shopping trip was nice, though, as the two fell back into a soft friendship, neither being too open, but also catching up on their summers. Chloe was glad to have that back, and was slightly disappointed when Lana said they should head back. “Tapped out,” she claimed, but Chloe knew the truth.

The whole ride to the Kent’s farm was silent. Chloe was too busy thinking about what she was going to do to ensnare Clark to focus on a superficial conversation. As the car pulled up the drive, Chloe schooled her face to show confusion.

“What are we doing here?” she asked, not really needing an answer.

“I just have to give Clark something for his meeting. Will you help me carry this in?” Lana gestured to a covered box.

“What is it?” Chloe felt like she should mess with Lana for just a little bit.

“Just some stuff.” Lana moved faster, obviously running out of lies, and Chloe gave a little smirk.

“Well, why does he need—“ Lana cut her off by sliding open the barn door, revealing the dozens of people behind her.

“Surprise!” came the chorus of nearly everyone in her class. Chloe gave a shocked little gasp, then smiled.

“Oh my gosh, you guys!” She hugged her cousin, and then Lana, all the while scanning for Clark. Her eyes darted around the room as she tried to find a flash of plaid, but there was nothing.

She gave a discreet sigh, as she headed around the room to do her guest-of-honor thanking duties.

About five minutes into her party, she saw him. He looked nicer than ever, in his dress shirt and nice pants. His hair was as perfect as always, and as their eyes met, his lips turned up in a huge smile. My prince.

She took a deep breath, then headed over to him, as he came towards her. This is it, she thought. He finally realized that I’ve been here for him all along. But just as she took the last step to him, he walked two steps past her.

“Lana, you look amazing.” Lana smiled, looking down bashfully. Chloe’s heart sunk.

“You did a great job decorating. And you look so handsome.” Chloe couldn’t believe what she was watching.

Clark looked over at her, and she quickly threw an overcompensating grin on her face. “Happy birthday, Chloe,” Clark said, as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Thanks Clark. You dress up for me?” She attempted a joke, but heard and felt the way her throat caught in the middle.

“The guy from Princeton’s coming over.” Clark looked at his watch. “Actually, I should head in to the house, so he doesn’t see the party. Later, Chloe. See ya, Lana.” And he was gone.

That left Chloe standing there, looking at Lana. “Chloe, are you alright?” Lana looked at her, concerned.

“Yeah, just a little overwhelmed,” she lied. They slipped so easily off of her tongue these days. “I’m gonna go get some air. Thank you so much for the party.” She gave one last big grin before darting out the door.

Outside, she wandered over to a stack of hay bales, her eyes watering. Once she was secure in the shadowed area, she put her hand on the waist high stack, and bent over. Tears started flowing down her cheeks, leaving angry red marks in their wake. She sobbed for almost a minute before she started pulling herself together.

“You can do this Chloe, you’ve felt this before.” She took a deep breath and wiped away the dried tracks on her cheeks.

“I know adulthood’s difficult, but don’t you think you’re being a bit dramatic?” The cool confident tone of Lex Luthor rang out beside her, and she looked over at him. He wore his usual black pants and white shirt combo, with his long black jacket.

“Well, you know what they say—it’s my party, and I can cry if I want to.” She gave him a weak smile, and brushed her hair back into place. “If you’re looking for Clark, he’s inside waiting for the guy from Princeton.”

“I’m not here for Clark.” He looked at her straight on. “I’m here for you.” Chloe gave a little smile, and sat down on the hay bale.

“You don’t need to pretend, Lex. I’m fine.” Lex looked at her as he moved closer. Soon, he was standing in front of her.

“I’m not pretending.” Chloe looked up at him. “I saw what happened in there. I saw that look on your face, when you thought Clark was coming to you.” Chloe jerked her head down.

“Well, I’m glad you were amused, Lex. It’s good to see that the common folk still have some purpose around you.” She stood up, grabbing her purse from the ground and heading to her car.

Lex ran up to her and snagged her elbow. “That’s not what I meant. I’ve seen you around him, Chloe. You need to let him go. Stop pining for a man you can’t have.”

Chloe whipped around, and pushed Lex’s chest. “Oh, screw you, Lex. You don’t know anything about me.” She tried to storm off to her car again, but, again, he grabbed her arm.

“That’s not what I meant, Chloe. He’s in love with Lana.” Chloe glared at him. “You know that. And he knows you’re in love with him. And he hasn’t done anything about it. Take a hint.” He was glaring right back at her.

So she slapped him. “Go to Hell.” She pulled her arm from his grasp and unlocked her car door. Just as she was about to open it, she was spun around and pushed against the car.

“God, Chloe. You just don’t get it, do you! You’re so focused on your fucking Golden Boy that you can’t see anything—anyone else. Ok? He doesn’t fucking deserve you!” He looked at her face, just centimeters from his, and his lips twitched. Her eyes were wide with fear, and slowly pulled his arms from the car, yet leaving his face close to hers.

With one more hard look, he pulled back and walked away. Talking softly now, he tilted his head to the side, so she could hear him. “You’re very bright, Chloe. You have an amazing future ahead of you, doing important things for the world. You have to realize that Clark Kent is not as good as it gets. You could have anything you wanted, just handed to you, if you let him go.” He turned to face her.

“Why do you need him so much?” Chloe looked at him, her eyes still wide, and walked closer to him. She was, again, just centimeters from his face. Her eyes closed, and she looked back at him, moonlight glistening in the unshed tears.

“Because who else is there.” Lex squinted, staring at her. “He may not need me now, but one day, Lana will lose her appeal, and he will need someone who understands and loves him.” Finally breaking eye contact, she looked down. Mumbling, she added, “I need to be that girl.”

Lex looked pained as he reached two fingers under her chin and lifted it to meet her eyes. “That’s pathetic.” Chloe was lost, not knowing if she should cry then, or hit him. “You’re not a pathetic person, Chloe. You are better than that. Why don’t you get it?!”

Chloe smacked his hand from her chin and glared at him. “Did you ever consider the fact that I’m not who you think I am? Did you ever think that I might just be a sad, pathetic girl with no future?” Her gaze was unwavering.

Lex pulled her to him, then, his hand on her neck. Their lips met in an angry mess, her hands clawing at his coat as his yanked and tangled in her hair. He pulled back from her, and stared her down. “Never,” was the last word spoken before they met again, their lips and teeth sliding and clanking as the tears that had been gathering silently fell down her cheeks.

They moved backward, toward the hay bale, and Lex pushed her against the wall beside it. Chloe hurriedly pulled his jacket off, her hands sneaking up his back, to hold onto his shoulders.

They broke apart, his lips roughly skimming her neck, as his hand moved under her shirt. She moaned in his ear as he took her breast in his hand, the thin lace the only thing separating the two.

He lifted her against the barn, sliding his hand under her leg and removing the small fabric hidden under her skirt. She captured his mouth again, as her hands removed his belt, and slid his pants and boxers down.

He felt a groan on his throat as his hand dipped into her core, and she reached for him, taking the heated flesh in her hand. “Now, Lex,” she grunted, as he deftly entered her.

The sounds of the ongoing party surrounded them as they moved, neither one caring that just feet away stood a rowdy bunch of teens.

As Lex’s fingers teased her clit, Chloe bit her lip to keep from saying his name. Hiding her face in his neck, she came, gasping against him, as he choked, “Chloe.”

They stayed there for a moment, before he slowly set her down. As Lex tightened his belt and fixed his shirt, Chloe adjusted her skirt, and looked at him.

“Chloe…”

“I know what this was. I don’t expect you to be my Prince Charming, Lex.” I already have one.

“I’m not the Princess, and you’re not the Prince.” Lex looked at her, puzzled.

“So what am I, Chloe? The villain?” Chloe walked over to her car, stopping before she got in.

“That’s up to you, Lex.” And she was gone.

Driving home, Chloe thought about fairytales. She knew she wasn’t meant to fall in love with the villain, so she didn’t bother. No, she stuck to the story. She pretended she was the Princess, trapped in the tower. The Prince had no idea she was alive, but one day would save her from her confinement.

The only problem with her story was that she no longer believed in fairytales. She no longer believed in good vs. evil, right and wrong. Her image had been doused with gray, and the only thing that could snap her out of it was True Love’s Kiss.

Too bad her Prince Charming couldn’t find the tower.

This is my first Chlex fic--reviews are very much appreciated!

starmoon
22nd May 2008, 01:02
i just love this story so far please keep going that was so sexy and great. i just hope chloe and lex end up together and happy.

hfce
25th May 2008, 16:37
How did I miss this fic? This is so good. You have to come back and continue this please... :beg: It was so good. :D

Sunflower
25th May 2008, 18:25
I really like it! Please continue!

superag
25th May 2008, 19:00
I'm really enjoying this simple but well layered angst. Keep it coming.

wistfulwatcher
30th May 2008, 09:50
Thank you guys so much for the positive feedback. Unfortunately, I had no plans to continue this...but, since you're all so nice, I guess I have to!

WW

daria_103
30th May 2008, 22:54
Please do continue, this was great. I loved Lex letting rip at Chloe, especially telling her that she couldn't see anyone else because of her focus on Clark.

That was such a kick in the gut when Clark ignored her for Lana, you need to continue so Chloe can move on and get over him :)

Kit Merlot
31st May 2008, 02:57
I like that Lex told Chloe that she is worth so much more then just pining for Clark. The smut was lovely, but I wish Chloe had let Lex actually talk instead of instantly thinking he was going to tell her the sex meant nothing.

I do truly hope you decide to continue this fic:D

wistfulwatcher
2nd June 2008, 03:54
Author's Note: I really appreciated the encouragment to continue. I have trouble with finishing long fics, however, so I decided I would extend this by two chapters, and give it at least an "OK" ending, if not happy. Ha. The title is.. Happy... you get it.

Feedback is still strongly encouraged and appreciated, even though there's only one chapter left to write and post.

It had been a week since Chloe had given up on fairytales. Her life had not ended, she didn’t cry all the time, and she didn’t feel like she was missing a part of herself.

No, Chloe Sullivan, after coming to a very real conclusion, felt painfully wise. She felt more aware and clear-minded than she ever had, like someone had come and pulled the blurry film off of her life.

She’d condemned herself to reality, and she didn’t know how she felt about that.

She’d driven to the small storage room her dad had rented for their things, since they had just a small apartment. Chloe sat there a moment before sighing and reaching for her key. Lifting the orange garage door, she scooted inside, pulling a garbage bag from a box in the corner.

She looked around a moment before finding the box labeled, “Chloe décor.” When she had her own bedroom before testifying against Lionel, Chloe had a little princess corner. It was hidden in her closet, so not even Lana, the princess of, well, princesses could find it.

She looked at the contents of the box now, disgusted with the pink, yellow, and gold that gave a sickening glow from the box. Digging around, she thought for a moment and put the garbage bag back in its box. She picked up the whole box, and, without another thought, left the storage room. She locked it back up, and headed to her car.

A foot away from the passenger’s side door was a large green dumpster, and when she got close to it, Chloe threw the whole box into it.

Then she sighed.

The week had gone by slowly enough, the excitement of her birthday—and her botched seduction—long gone. Chloe slid her car into a spot right in front of the Talon, and pulled herself from the car.

She gave her order to the nameless barista, and took a seat by the counter. At the familiar tones ordering some caffeine-packed drink, Chloe gulped. Lex was only five feet from her, and even with her back turned, there was no way he wouldn’t recognize her.

She quietly waited for her coffee as she heard expensive shoes tap over to her. Less than a foot away from the back of her head, Lex said her name.

She put on a smile and turned to him. “Hi, Lex. How are you?” He gave a little laugh, and her smile wavered.

“I’d be better if you weren’t ignoring me, Chloe.”

“I’ve been busy. I run a newspaper, you know.”

“Ah, the Torch. Nice article about the football team. The new equipment they’re requesting made for a fascinating read.” Chloe looked up to see the barista bringing over her latte. She smiled at her and took the hot beverage, getting up from the stool she was occupying.

“As much as I’d love to continue our, I believe you call it verbal judo,” she looked at him pointedly, “I have to be going.” Lex’s face fell as she headed toward the door.

He caught up with her outside of the Talon, and grabbed her elbow. “Seriously, Chloe. Why are you ignoring me?”

“I thought you’d be fine with this. Easier for you, right? And before you check for piercings, I don’t like diamonds.” She eased her arm out of his grip and opened her car door.

“Chloe, please. I’d like to talk about what happened.” At her doubtful look, he unconsciously softened his features. “Please. Dinner?” Chloe looked down.

“I don’t think that’s such a great idea, Lex.” He paused.

“Are you upset about your birthday, Chloe? I didn’t think I was… I mean, I’m sorry if I took advantage, but—“ Chloe cut him off.

“God…No, Lex. I’m sorry if I made you think that. I just want you to understand I don’t expect anything. I mean, if anything, you were trying to make me feel better about—“ Two Smallville high students crossed between them.

Chloe looked around quickly, then walked closer to him, her tones hushed. “You were trying to make me feel better. I get it. I’m used to the pity stuff, ok? I know your heart was in the right place.”

“Chloe, that’s not—“

“Yes, it was Lex. It’s fine.” She gave a too-big-to-be-real smile, and tucked her hair behind her ear. “Let’s just forget it, ok?” She walked back and got into her car.

Lex followed her, and held the door of her car so she couldn’t close it. “Dammit, Chloe! Will you ever let me explain anything?” Her eyes widened. “Please, dinner. That’s all I’m asking for. We need to talk.” When Chloe started to shake her head, Lex spoke again. “I won’t let go until you agree.”

She looked up at him for a moment before visibly resigning. “Fine. But then you’ll let it go?” He nodded. “When do you want me to meet you?”

“No, I’ll pick you up. Just be ready at eight.”

“This isn’t a date.” Lex smirked and licked his lip.

“We’ll see.” He let go of her door and walked away. Over his shoulder he added, “Eight tonight.”

Chloe was nervous. She didn’t want to be nervous. She shouldn’t be nervous. Grr.

She glanced at her reflection in the mirror. Yanking the purple dress off, she angrily threw it to the floor. The apartment was covered in skirts, blouses, and frilly dresses. Gabe worked in Metropolis during the week, so she didn’t have to explain to him why she was going on a date with the man responsible for their recent change in lifestyle.

Chloe pulled another dress out of her closet and slipped it on. It was a burgundy halter dress with black lace detailing. She looked over her reflection, tugging at the just-above-knee length. She decided it was good enough, and slipped on her favorite plain black heels. Grabbing her purse, she glanced once more at the clock. Seven thirty-five. Good.

As she started to put her hair up, she stopped. “What are you doing?” she asked her reflection. Receiving no answer, she thought for a moment. “Did I call this a date?” She made a worried face and groaned. She straightened her hair, and nodded in approval.

The dress acknowledged the date, but the hair rebelled against it. Seeing she still had twenty three minutes, she tidied quickly and then sat down in front of her computer. She glanced at the pages she already had for the Torch, making note of what needed to be added, and pausing when she came across a filler piece on the football team.

She deleted it. Sure, it meant she had to find a whole new story, but she could not let Lex win. She started working on the editorial that had to go in, and before she knew it, there was a knock at the door. Looking at the clock on the screen, she realized she’d been writing for almost a half an hour.

She swung open the door to reveal Lex, looking annoyingly handsome in his suit. “Wow, Chloe, you look---“ She cut him off.

“Can we postpone for an hour?” Lex looked confused.

“Why?” Chloe looked sheepish.

“I started working on my editorial for the Torch. If you want to just cancel, that’s fine, or if you want to go out with someone else. I won’t mind.”

Lex smirked. “Go finish your editorial.” She smiled.

“Thank you. Um, so I’ll see you later, then?” Lex opened her door further.

“I’ll wait. Need me to do anything?” Chloe looked at him. “What?”

“It’s just…I work… I have to have silence. People bother me.” He laughed. Realizing what she said, Chloe smiled, too. “I mean—“

“I’ll be quiet. Just go work.” Chloe looked at him suspiciously, then walked over to the small computer desk. Lex sat down on the small, old couch, and got comfortable. He picked up the newspaper on the couch, and opened it up.

Chloe looked over at the rustle of paper, and cleared her throat. Whether she liked to admit it or not, Lex was distracting her—and not in a bad way. He looked and smelled so nice. She kept glancing over at him for a good three minutes. After she was certain he was just reading the paper, she focused on her writing.

Twenty-minutes later, Chloe hit a wall. She needed a word, a good word, to describe the lack of interest from the Sheriff’s department. She glanced at Lex. He was still reading. Funny, she hadn’t even noticed his paper crinkle. She was never able to block that stuff out. It’s part of the reason the Torch staff was so small.

“I need a good word for disinterest.” She didn’t look back, but waited for his reply.

“Pococurante.” Chloe smiled.

“Thank you.”

“Welcome.”

Chloe went back to typing furiously. She suddenly felt like going to dinner.

Finally, at 8:43, Chloe was ready to go. She shut down her computer and got up. She grabbed her jacket and stood in front of Lex. “Let’s go.”

Lex looked up, smiled, and folded the newspaper up. He picked his jacket up from the back of the chair and slipped it on. He opened the door for Chloe, and they both left the apartment.

They walked down the steps silently, and over to his car. He opened the door for her, and she slid in, he got in, and started the car.

The ride was silent, a nice, familiar silence that they had no reason to have.

Pulling up to the doors, Lex hoped out, handed his key to the valet, and opened the door for Chloe. They walked in and were immediately led to a lovely table, still neither of them saying a word.

The mumbled, “Thank you,” to Lex when he pulled out her chair was the only word they’d spoken in a good ten minutes. He smiled back at her, and took his seat. When the waiter walked over as Lex sat down, Chloe looked up at him.

“Mr. Luthor. Pleasure to see you. Do you know what you’ll be ordering, or would you like a few moments?” He gestured to a menu in his hand.

“I’ll have the Filet Mignon, and she’ll have—“

“A few moments to look over the menu.” She smiled at the waiter as she took a menu, turning back to glare at Lex. The waiter noticed the tension and gently excused himself.

Lex stared at Chloe’s bent head. That had never happened to him before. He pursed his lips and laughed inaudibly. Still looking amused moments later, he questioned, “Have you made a decision?”

Chloe looked up at him. “Think they could ground up a steak into a nice cheeseburger for me?” He laughed. “We could have talked at McDonalds, you know. They have seats, too.”

Hearing her grumble something under her breath, he leaned forward. “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that.”

“Oh, it was nothing.” She gave a fake smile.

Thinking over what he thought he heard, he squinted at her. “I don’t expect you to pay for your own meal, Chloe.” He leaned in. “I made three hundred dollars on the car ride over here, you know.”

“This isn’t a date.” She leaned back in her chair, looking entirely too much like a petulant child. “I knew this wasn’t a good idea.” As she grabbed her small purse, Lex looked upset. As the mumbled apology fell from her lips, Lex shook his head.

Making a decision, he slowly rose from his chair and followed her out the door. Catching her once again outside the door, he put his hands in his pockets. “You’re quite the drama queen, aren’t you? Are you sure you’re destined for the office chair and not the stage?”

She whipped around. “I didn’t ask you to do this, Lex. Any of it. I told you already I knew what my birthday was about. I didn’t expect romantic declarations then or now, words of apology, or words of remorse. I don’t expect or want anything.”

Seeing him walk up to her, she continued. “See this?” She pulled at her hair, moving close to get in his face. “This color is blonde, not brunette. I’m not seeking an exciting affair, and I’m definitely not seeking any form of compensation, monetary of otherwise.”

Thrusting his bottom jaw out in a half pouting, half seething, Lex gave her a steely glare. “For the last time, you pig-headed girl, you have it all wrong. Everything I told you on your birthday was the truth. I was there for you. You do deserve more than Clark Kent. It is possible to have anything you want. But you need to let him go.” She gulped.

He continued. “I know you think you’re facing reality now. I can see it in your eyes and feel it in your voice. And it pisses me off. God, you’re so incredibly brilliant! And you still can’t see that you have only replaced one lie with another. Life is not some giant coin, where you’re either on the good side or the bad side. As a writer you need to realize this. As a journalist, you need to live this. Gray needs to be your life’s color.”

He ran his hands over his sleek head as Chloe just stared at him with her doe eyes. “I thought I saw a glimmer of that after…our time together. I thought you’d figured it all out. But as soon as you lifted your fairytale filter, the angsty saga took its place.”

“Are you finished?” she squeaked out. He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat.

“No.” He gave a small smile as he ran his fingers over a lock of hair. “This is blonde. Not brunette. Not brunette, because you’re special. You are the only woman I know who can disobey me. Who can order me around. Who can see past the money.” He looked terrified.

“When you look at me, you look beyond the ‘freak’. Which is even more remarkable, because everyone else looks for it.” There was a pause, then, “You use your brains, not your looks.” At her self-conscious look, he added, “even though it would be so easy to extort.”

“And…I think I’m in…” he looked nervous. “Infatuated with you.” He leaned down slowly, capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. She responded slowly, and he felt an odd sticky coolness on his cheek. He pulled back to look at her, and saw fat, silent tears streaming down her face. “God, I’m sorry. I—“

“Take me home, Lex.” He looked concerned, but nodded, and reached for her elbow. Thinking better of it, he walked quickly ahead of her to the valet, who immediately pulled his car up. He opened the door for Chloe, and she climbed in.

He took a deep breath and started the car, quickly pulling out of the entrance. Five miles down the dead road, Chloe broke the silence. “You didn’t pay,”

“I’ll take care of it tomorrow,” not looking up.

“Pull over.” He glanced at his car mate, then pulled onto the shoulder.

“Is everything alri—“ Chloe caught his lips in her own as she kissed him. He shut the car off and put his hands on her waist as she climbed onto his lap. He broke from her mouth for air, taking the opportunity to nibble her neck. He choked out her name as she bit his earlobe. He undid the knot of her halter dress, and slid it down, exposing her bra-less chest, her smooth back, and the top of her firm behind.

His hands palmed the globes as he thrust his hips against hers. She mewled as he hit her clit, the thickness of him, his pants, and her panties made her throb, and she encouraged Lex with a kiss. Lex’s hands moved from her bottom to her breasts, gently stroking and pinching. He moved to her neck again, biting hard when he saw her hands reach for her white lace panties.

He took it from her hands and stuffed it in his glove box, stopping her protest with his tongue. He reached for his pants, and she helped him with his belt. Soon he was exposed to the cool car air, and Chloe reached down, steadying him as she sunk onto him.

“Le…I…oh, I…” He nodded against the rising mark on her throat as he mumbled back.

“I know, I love… this. God, Chloe, I…you’re…feel…” He exposed his neck, almost like a wild beast.

She was hypnotized at the sight, squeezing her eyes shut only when the image became too powerful.

She moved faster, leaning forward to put pressure on her bundle of nerves. “Need…” He licked his lips as he stroked her back lazily.

“What, baby…anything…” She bit her lip and pulled his hand under the skirt of her dress, applying pressure to the small bundle.

She gasped, freezing as she started to pull up again. Lex’s hands steadied her as her legs started to twitch. He thrust once more, before releasing himself into her, the sensation causing her to come.

As she cooled down, she rested her head oh his chest. “At least we’re inside this time.”

“I don’t know if this counts Lex.” He smiled and helped her adjust the burgundy dress. He tidied himself a moment before pulling back onto the road and silently taking her home.

Arriving at her door, Lex climbed out and helped her up. “Thank you, Lex.” He smiled and looked at her before he tried to walk her to the door. “Um, I believe you already got your goodnight kiss.” She smiled again before bounding up the stairs. Safely inside, she locked the door and waved him away.

As Chloe got ready for bed that night, she thought, again about fairytales. She pondered what Lex said, and agreed she may have gotten a little carried away with the spring cleaning. She felt the thoughts of princes and villains trying to creep into her mind, and realized the only times they weren’t around, was when she was with Lex.

Chloe thought about what he’d said to her. He seemed sincere in his feelings for her, but her judgment on men was not the best; case-in-point, Clark.

Clark. She had to admit that every moment longer she spent with Lex, the qualities that once made him look like a prince, now seemed immature and two-dimensional. Chloe considered the fact that Lana and Clark really did belong together.

She glanced at the phone next to her bed. She considered calling Lex to talk to him. They hadn’t really had that talk they were supposed to. He’d talked, sure, and he’d said she was special.

He’d also pointed out that she was a reporter. She’d need to ask her tough questions to rattle Lex, allowing her to see the truth. And, impatient as she was, it would be much easier in person. She resigned herself to waiting, and climbed into bed.

That night, she didn’t dream of Clark rescuing her. This time, she had been kidnapped, but not by a villain. He wasn’t evil, and he didn’t harm her at all. Clark had started looking for her, but Lana had come in, saying she needed to talk to him. He had left, Chloe sitting in her capturer’s lair.

As Chloe rolled over to her side, she smiled.

persephone47
2nd June 2008, 04:39
Interesting change in Chloe's persepective. I can't wait to see what questions she has for Lex.

Julie
2nd June 2008, 07:58
Alright, I edited the date for you, so you don't get another infraction... Just try for yourself when you read this, to edit the thread title.

Use Thread Tools, Edit Thread.

wistfulwatcher
2nd June 2008, 08:08
Alright, I edited the date for you, so you don't get another infraction... Just try for yourself when you read this, to edit the thread title.

Use Thread Tools, Edit Thread.

Thank you very much. I got booted off-line after posting my question, and couldn't get back until now to fix it.

I just tried to edit the thread to make sure I could, but the "Thread Tools" drop down menu doesn't have that option. I tried the other suggestion of "Go Advanced" in editing my post, but that just gives me the option to delete or edit my post.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong still--if I am, I'm very sorry--or if I don't have that option because I'm new, or something.

westwingwolf
2nd June 2008, 09:17
I really like where this story is going, and I'm glad that Chloe is finally getting a clue that Clark isn't worth her effort. I liked Lex's speech about her needing to start thinking in gray terms. I think she should visit Lex right now and get this talk finished so they can make their relationship more stable.

daria_103
2nd June 2008, 20:21
Great update. I hated Chloe telling Lex that she was used to the pity vote, damn Clark and Lana and Smallville for making her think that way.

Loved Lex's speech outside the restaurant and that Chloe's perspective is starting to change. She needs to get over to the mansion and talk to him and get their relationship going.

hfce
2nd June 2008, 21:50
That was a great update smut and all. :drool2:

vardaquareien
15th June 2008, 14:10
Hey wistfulwatcher great fic.

You should really add a disclaimer to your first post though so that Jules doesn't get any 'official' trouble - check out the forum rules (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=1143).

Julie
24th June 2008, 03:22
Thank you very much. I got booted off-line after posting my question, and couldn't get back until now to fix it.

I just tried to edit the thread to make sure I could, but the "Thread Tools" drop down menu doesn't have that option. I tried the other suggestion of "Go Advanced" in editing my post, but that just gives me the option to delete or edit my post.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong still--if I am, I'm very sorry--or if I don't have that option because I'm new, or something.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, I usually don't check the threads that often ;)

Anyways, if you go via Advanced, you should be able to see the thread title when you scroll down under Edit post.

wistfulwatcher
2nd July 2008, 07:48
Thanks for all the feedback--now here's the last chapter!

Chloe was pacing. She walked three feet, paused, looked at the phone, turned, and walked back.

After the fourteenth time, she rolled her eyes, dropped her fist-clenched hands from around her waist, and huffed. “This is ridiculous. I am a reporter. I will just walk over to this phone…” Chloe stood still.

“Walk over to the phone…” She didn’t move. “Walk…” Not an inch. “I’m pathetic.” She collapsed onto the couch.

She looked over at the phone, only two feet from her. She glared at it. “Won the battle, not the war, mister.” Chloe rose from the couch, and shuffled, defeated, into the bathroom.

After getting all cleaned up, the intrepid reporter put on her I-mean-business outfit; her dark blue jeans, black t-shirt, black leather boots, and tough-girl suit coat.

A third glance in the mirror told her she looked determined, and she stormed over to the telephone, dialing brutally.

Four rings and a smooth voice answered, “Luthor.”

“We need to talk.”

“Chloe, sleep well?” She bit back a huff, and jumped in.

“We need to talk.”

“We did. Last night. We established your hair color. Do you not remember?”

“Cute, Lex.” She bit the side of her tongue, thinking.

“Chloe, I thought we were fine. You were…happy. Did I miss something?”

“We need to have a talk. Seriously. In public. So we can’t yell at each other. Or have sex.” Chloe listened for a moment, then added. “I can hear you smirking.”

Lex laughed, and agreed to meet her to talk. They agreed the Talon was a little too open, but the Beanery was slightly private.

She got there ten minutes later, immediately ordering herself a large cup of coffee.

Watching Lex enter two seconds later, she realized she’d need it.

He came up to her, and ordered himself a cup, and they walked over to a mildly private corner.

There was a minute of awkward silence as Chloe looked at Lex. She set her cappuccino down, reaching into her bag to extract a tape recorder and notepad.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Sullivan. I wasn’t aware this was going to be an interview.” Chloe looked at him nervously.

“I need to ask you some questions.” Not giving him a chance to talk again, Chloe hit record, and opened her notepad. “Why were you at my birthday party?”

“I already told you, Chloe. To see you.” Lex looked mildly pained, but Chloe ignored him.

“Who invited you?”

“Lana. Chloe, I don’t see what—“

“Why did you agree to go?”

Lex was getting agitated. “I’m your friend. It was your birthday. I wanted to be there for you.”

“Why didn’t I see you before…you found me outside?”

“Chloe, why are you—“ Chloe looked at him. He sighed and answered, playing along.

“You were too busy looking for Clark. I was next to the door. You looked past me three times.”

Chloe softened, speaking more slowly, reminding herself he wasn’t her enemy right now…well, not really.

“What did you mean by your comment about me having, ‘anything I wanted,’ if I let Clark go?”

“I meant that, as a strong, intelligent woman, you were hindering your own personal growth by defining yourself by your crush on Clark.”

“Did you have any… romantic… feelings for me before then?”

“Sloppy question. First of all, it’s a yes or no answer, and you don’t specify ‘then’.”

Chloe stared. He sighed.

“Yes.”

Chloe looked away, and scribbled in her notepad.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

Lex pressed stop on the tape recorder, and closed her notepad. At her protest, he slipped them both back into her bag, and he grabbed her hand.

“Chloe, stop. This,” he gestured to her bag, “is not having a conversation. An interview is not exactly conducive to romantic matters.” He reached across the table and brushed a strand of hair from her eyes. “You’re not going to trip me up, or corner me. I care about you, Chloe. I have for a while, now. I don’t want to use your feelings towards Clark as an excuse, but I have been mindful, and patient. I was waiting to let you know how I feel, and I exploited the small opening I saw.”

Chloe smiled at him. “You didn’t exploit it, Lex. I just… I guess I’ve always held on to the fairy tale. The prince and princess falling in love, and coming together through the adversity of their love. I was drawn to Clark, and held onto the thought for so long, I wasn’t sure how to move on.”

Chloe took Lex’s hand. “I’ve always looked at guys, and sized up whether they were prince Charming material. The only time I don’t, is when I’m with you. I know that sounds insulting, but it’s a good thing, I swear.”

Lex smiled. “I’m no prince Charming, Chloe. But I do care for you, a great deal. I know I didn’t exactly show you that on your birthday, but I guess seeing you blatantly ignored by the man you’re in love with, was a little painful. I don’t like seeing you hurt.”

“That’s sweet. But I don’t love him. I’ve realized, over the past two days, that I was confused.” Lex looked wary.

“Chloe, I don’t want you to be with me in an effort to get back to Clark, or to move on. I’m not trying to lure you away, either.” Chloe got up from her seat across from Lex, and sat next to him on the small cushioned bench.

“I’m not. I know it sounds like I’m suddenly under this Lex-spell thing, but I swear it’s the opposite. When I’m with you, Lex, it’s like I’m coming out of a spell. Like I’m seeing Clark without the rose-tinted glasses. And it’s nice. It feels like I’m suddenly being told the truth.” Chloe leaned forward, and their lips touched briefly.

It was sweet, and tender, and Chloe felt her foot move a little. She smiled, and Lex ran his fingers through her hair. He kissed her lips once more, before pulling back. “Do you feel we’ve discussed everything, now?”

Chloe smiled and nodded, and picked up her bag. She took Lex’s hand, and asked him sweetly, “Take me to your castle?” He let out a small, but genuine, laugh, and kissed the back of her hand. They left the coffee shop, and Lex led them to his car. She got in, and he closed the door after her.

The drive was peaceful. The active minds of both passengers were nowhere near as erratic as they had been earlier, and as they pulled into the driveway, Lex got Chloe out of the car.

They walked slowly up to his bedroom, stopping for slow, languorous kisses on the way. Chloe had never experienced such tenderness, and, for the first time in a while, didn’t feel so overwhelmed.

When they reached his room, Lex opened the door, and led her in. He closed it behind them, and reached for Chloe. He removed her suit coat, hanging it on the back of his chair. His followed, then both shirts. Pants, socks, shoes, all came off slowly, tenderly, like a scene from a sappy romance.

Lex tenderly kissed her neck, then laid her down on his plush bed. He stroked her side, reaching behind her to release the delicate garment adorning her chest. Lex kissed her neck once more before gently making his way down her body, stopping first at her breasts. He enveloped one nipple with his gentle mouth as his thumb gently rubbed the other one.

Chloe sighed at the attention. It was all so foreign to her, the tender touches and sweet caresses. Though she hadn’t had a lot of experience, Chloe was not a virgin. She’d been with a fellow intern during her stay in Metropolis, before sophomore year. She’d given her virginity to young Jimmy Olsen, who, while he was sweet, was an inexperienced fifteen year old boy. There had been one other guy before Lex, again thanks to a summer in Metropolis.

The first two times with Lex, it had not been rough, or unpleasant in any way, but driven by lust, instinct, and passion. This was different; though there was still passion, it was controlled, on simmer almost, giving their skin a pleasant buzz.

As Lex’s soft lips skimmed Chloe’s stomach, the words, ‘love making,’ flitted through her mind. He gently slid the soft material from her hips, and all thought left. Chloe stroked his head, and he looked up at her. He smiled, and inhaled the scent of her.

A small blush rose to her cheeks and neck, but Chloe didn’t feel embarrassed, but…loved. It was sweet, and she realized how much she truly cared for this man now resting between her supple thighs. His tongue dipped into her, and she bit her lip.

The sweet torment continued, Chloe’s orgasm building torturously slowly. Lex felt a small hand on his back, as Chloe reached into the blue boxers, and stroked him. He helped push them off his narrow hips, giving a gentle nip to her clit.

Chloe mewled, pulling on his back, bringing his face to hers. She was throbbing throughout her body as they kissed, tasting herself on his tongue. Lex ran his hand from her ankle to her hip, as his other guided him into her.

She clenched her eyes as he slowly filled her, easing himself in, before thrusting once. He moved slowly at first, prolonging the sweet torment, Chloe rolling her hips up to meet his.

All the sweet pressure built until, finally, it bubbled over, and they both came, forehead to forehead, chest to chest, hips to hips. They were pressed so tightly Chloe decided not to pull away.

Lex kissed her forehead, and finally moved them, holding her pink body to his. She drifted off as he kissed her ear, hearing murmured words of adoration and love.

They awoke a few hours later, and Lex suggested he take her to her car. They kissed, once more, and settled into his Porsche. “You’re not the villain.”

They were two minutes into the ride when her voice startled him. “What?”

“You asked me if, since Clark was the prince, if it made you the villain. It doesn’t.” Lex looked at her, amused. “Just wanted you to know.” He smiled, and took her hand.

“Also, did you realize you called me a ‘pig-headed girl’ last night?” Lex laughed, which made Chloe laugh, too.

“I do recall that. How embarrassing.” Chloe smiled.

“I thought it was endearing.” Lex shook his head.

“Great.”

There were a few more moments, then, “Were you going to say ‘in love’ last night?”

“Yes.”

“Instead of infatuated?”

“Yes.”

“Before I started crying?”

“Yes.”

A pause, then, “Oh.” Chloe looked out her window. “I love you, too.”

Throughout her childhood, Chloe had been given opportunities to stop believing in fairytales. The princes, the princesses, the white horses and the towers. She’d been warned not to put too much faith in these.

When her final fairytale belief fell through, she gave up. Gave up on the fairy godmothers, villains, and heroic rescues. Gave up on happy endings.

And, while her numerous childhood heartbreaks had taught her to give up the things she’d wanted, they failed to do one thing; separate fairytales and happy endings.

At age eighteen and three days, she realized that she never wanted a fairytale. That, while she was right about bald-headed princes, she was wrong about happy endings.

Lex looked over at her, and took her hand. He smiled, and she smiled back.

And they lived happily ever after.

THE END

karila
2nd July 2008, 08:14
It was a great story.
The end was perfect.

hfce
3rd July 2008, 01:14
That was sweet. I love fluffy Chlex. :)

malugargula
22nd February 2009, 05:26
Great fic
I loved their happy ending
:)

JennyD13
18th March 2009, 00:23
Great story! I really enjoyed the beginning - the time line stuff! Awesomely written!

jstarr713
1st May 2013, 11:17
sweet

Ami Rose
25th June 2013, 17:46
It was a great story.
The end was perfect.

I love happy endings!