PDA

View Full Version : Paid Subscriptions - Information and Q&A

Julie
3rd May 2008, 22:28
I'm introducing a new paid subscription plan today, called NS Platinum. With the platinum pack you get a bit more than the gold, and also bigger amounts of the features.

See the chart below for more information and for comparison regarding the different plans.

As some of you know, NS is starting to be a bit expensive, which is why I need your help more than ever. For more information on that, please read the NS needs YOUR help! (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php?t=6150) thread.

NS Paid Subscriptions plans per May 3rd 2008

Please see link below.

* Means they are recurring. They will be automatically charged to your credit card or your paypal account each month. You can at any time cancel your subscription. Just contact me, the administrator via PM (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1).

I might add other features to the paid subscriptions at a later date.
I might also update the file sizes, depending on how much server storage there is :)

If you wish to upgrade your paid subscription to a higher level plan or change it from monthly to annually, please contact me (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) for more details on how to do that.

Thanks for reading and for your support!

See all of the plans here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0At3Mr9MNaXYedHdNSHFPQl83MWRXR2FISXpkdlBWU mc&hl=en_GB&output=html

Give a Paid Subscription as a gift? (Revised May 3rd 2008)

If you want to give one of your fellow members here a silver/gold/platinum subscription, please follow these steps:

Send the required amount to webmaster @ crystal-heart . net via Paypal, and send me a PM (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) afterwards with

Your name as it appears in Paypal
The e-mail address used in Paypal
Which member you want to give the subscription to
Whether you wish to be anonymous or not.

Once I have the payment completed in my Paypal, I will set up the account to have the paid subscription plan. I will then send you a confirmation PM that everything is set up. Then I will also send the user who you gave the subscription to a PM letting them know they now have a subscription given by another member.

If you didn't want to be anonymous, I will let the person receiving know who gave them a subscription :)

If you experience any difficulties with this, please don't hesitate to PM me.

superag
3rd May 2008, 23:14
HAHA! I was joking about it and now you've gone and done it! Do I get to be that cool purply color? I have no idea how to get any of the features to work, but considering some places the $$ is 9 bucks a month, I'm still seeing this as a bargain.

Julie
3rd May 2008, 23:23
HAHA! I was joking about it and now you've gone and done it! Do I get to be that cool purply color? I have no idea how to get any of the features to work, but considering some places the $$ is 9 bucks a month, I'm still seeing this as a bargain.

Haha, well, it was a good idea! :D Hehe! Yup, for now it's a purple colour, I might change it though, as purple was just a testing colour to begin with ;)

If you want, I can teach you how to get the features to work. There might even be some entries on them in the FAQ (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php). :) You can upload pictures, and use them to style your own profile page for an example. Have a look at mine to see what I mean ;)

ChloeLovesLex
8th May 2008, 23:56
Cool! Keep it Purple!!!!! I'm in to do it when June 1 hits :)

MelBee1985
10th May 2008, 02:58
Cool.. I'm not sure yet I can afford a whole year of subscription, but I'm thinking of trying a month or 2.. at least to support you Julie ;)

This damn Paypal thing bugs me though... Haven't sued my account in a very long while... Well.. if I don't subscribe, it will mainly be because of paypal ;)

Julie
10th May 2008, 12:54
Cool.. I'm not sure yet I can afford a whole year of subscription, but I'm thinking of trying a month or 2.. at least to support you Julie ;)

This damn Paypal thing bugs me though... Haven't sued my account in a very long while... Well.. if I don't subscribe, it will mainly be because of paypal ;)

Aw, thank you! :)

Paypal is very easy. You simply follow the on-screen directions. If you don't have a Paypal, you can use your credit card safely :) Or you can sign in to your Paypal with your username and password. :)

MelBee1985
10th May 2008, 17:06
Aw, thank you! :)

Paypal is very easy. You simply follow the on-screen directions. If you don't have a Paypal, you can use your credit card safely :) Or you can sign in to your Paypal with your username and password. :)

Oh yeah, I used to *use* PayPal when I had a E-bay addiction lol It's just been a while and I think I don,t use the credit card that is registered there. But, anyway, I'll let you know if there is anything ;)

Gotta first start by looking at my fund... That's the cons of being a student hehe

GroundedSouls
11th May 2008, 10:49
I had bought the silver. I may try to upgrade latter in the year.

Julie
11th May 2008, 14:40
I had bought the silver. I may try to upgrade latter in the year.

Thank you :)

Oh yeah, I used to *use* PayPal when I had a E-bay addiction lol It's just been a while and I think I don,t use the credit card that is registered there. But, anyway, I'll let you know if there is anything ;)

Gotta first start by looking at my fund... That's the cons of being a student hehe

Ooh, e-bay is a dangerous place :P Especially when you have funds on your Paypal account, as it's more secure to use PP instead of a CC directly to the seller... Hehe.

No worries, take your time ;) I know what it's like being a student :D

letia84
4th December 2008, 23:48
Upgrading to Gold.;)

Thanks so much for the wonderful up keep of the site.

Julie
4th December 2008, 23:50
Upgrading to Gold.;)

Thanks so much for the wonderful up keep of the site.

Thanks! I appreciate it! ;)

MelBee1985
4th February 2009, 20:34
Hmm Pondering Silver or gold...

I got a new paypal account recently so I may subscribe soon... ;)

ETA: I just paid for silver one for a year!!

Guess I'll have to stick around at least for another year *sigh* :p

Julie
5th February 2009, 09:23
Hmm Pondering Silver or gold...

I got a new paypal account recently so I may subscribe soon... ;)

ETA: I just paid for silver one for a year!!

Guess I'll have to stick around at least for another year *sigh* :p

Yaaay! :D Thanks for the support! :)

lexie
15th July 2009, 00:03
Subscribed to the Silver option a little over an hour ago. I´ve chosen the monthly payment for the time being. and I´m already starting to enjoy the features.

I suppose the colour of my username will change to silver once you´re back, Julie.:D

kitten
15th July 2009, 01:43
Lexie, as long as your payment has gone through, you should be able to switch on the silver username in your CP. Choose Group Memberships under Networking on the menu running down the left side. You should get at least two options, and one will be 'identify me as a member of (NS Silver Membership) this group. If you're ad-free, this should work.

lexie
15th July 2009, 03:41
Lexie, as long as your payment has gone through, you should be able to switch on the silver username in your CP. Choose Group Memberships under Networking on the menu running down the left side. You should get at least two options, and one will be 'identify me as a member of (NS Silver Membership) this group. If you're ad-free, this should work.

Thanks for your help. I´ve already changed the colour to identify myself as a member of the Silver Subscribers.

A question. I know that Silver Subscribers are allowed to have an album of up to 500kb and 25 pics. Do I have to wait for Julie or can anyone tell me how to access it? Or has this feature been eliminated for this particular group? I don´t see the option appearing under Networking as it should. Thanks in advance.:blinkkiss

hfce
15th July 2009, 21:11
Thanks for your help. I´ve already changed the colour to identify myself as a member of the Silver Subscribers.

A question. I know that Silver Subscribers are allowed to have an album of up to 500kb and 25 pics. Do I have to wait for Julie or can anyone tell me how to access it? Or has this feature been eliminated for this particular group? I don´t see the option appearing under Networking as it should. Thanks in advance.:blinkkiss

Here is what I found in the fact section the link for the albums is under the Community section by the way:

How do I use albums?
As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/usercp.php), and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_conta cts))
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_profile_custo m))
How do I upload pictures?
Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_public_profil e)). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

I am not sure if this would help. I hope it does. :D

lexie
15th July 2009, 21:28
Here is what I found in the fact section the link for the albums is under the Community section by the way:

How do I use albums?
As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/usercp.php), and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_friends_conta cts))
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_profile_custo m))
How do I upload pictures?
Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.
You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.
All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_public_profil e)). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.
When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.

I am not sure if this would help. I hope it does. :D

Thanks, Hope, I saw all this yesterday- including the link under Community.:D The problem is there´s no such link as 'Pictures & Albums' in my control panel- even though as Silver Subscribers we´re supposed to be allowed to have one album (25 pics; 500kb). Well, I suppose I´ll have to wait until Julie gets back; maybe the thumbnail that shows what features each subscription offers hasn´t been updated and we´re no longer allowed to have an album::/:

hfce
15th July 2009, 22:46
Thanks, Hope, I saw all this yesterday- including the link under Community.:D The problem is there´s no such link as 'Pictures & Albums' in my control panel- even though as Silver Subscribers we´re supposed to be allowed to have one album (25 pics; 500kb). Well, I suppose I´ll have to wait until Julie gets back; maybe the thumbnail that shows what features each subscription offers hasn´t been updated and we´re no longer allowed to have an album::/:

She does change a lot around. She might have disabled it. I guess you have to wait. Sorry girl. ;)

Julie
17th July 2009, 11:31

Hey, first of all, thanks for subscribing to the silver subscription :)

I think it should work now. For some reason the setting was set to a global OFF for the silver subscription group :S

I'm having some problems with my internet connection, so sorry if I take some time to respond :/

Let me know if it works or doesn't work now :)

lexie
17th July 2009, 20:36
Hey, first of all, thanks for subscribing to the silver subscription :)

You´re welcome. I´m glad to be able to help you, considering I spend so many hours on these boards. I wish I could have done it before, but it wasn´t until recently that I got a credit card. :blinkkiss

I think it should work now. For some reason the setting was set to a global OFF for the silver subscription group :S

I'm having some problems with my internet connection, so sorry if I take some time to respond :/

Let me know if it works or doesn't work now :)

Thanks for fixing it. Now the option appears under Networking. I haven´t created an album yet but everything seems OK.:grin3:

letia84
11th December 2009, 18:39
Going Sliver for the New Year! Thanks so much for keeping this site going. ;)

Julie
11th December 2009, 20:51
Going Sliver for the New Year! Thanks so much for keeping this site going. ;)

Woho! Thanks for your continued support on NS :D

skatiefan
4th April 2010, 09:27
Hi Julie,

I am new to this site. I found it because I am a huge Chlex fan and wanted to read stories since it couldn't play out in Smallville. Anyway, I was reading the Paid Subscriptions and the cost but I apologize in advance if I seem confused.....I like reading the fanfiction so which package or plan would you recommend in purchasing?

Thanks in advance!
Skatiefan

Julie
4th April 2010, 11:22
Hi Julie,

I am new to this site. I found it because I am a huge Chlex fan and wanted to read stories since it couldn't play out in Smallville. Anyway, I was reading the Paid Subscriptions and the cost but I apologize in advance if I seem confused.....I like reading the fanfiction so which package or plan would you recommend in purchasing?

Thanks in advance!
Skatiefan

Hi skatiefan! First of all, thank you for the interest! :)

You don't need any paid subscription plan to be able to read the fanfictions. As long as you stay active at least once every 30 days (read more about the new inactivity policy here (http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/showthread.php/7591-New-policy-Limited-forum-access-for-inactive-users)), you have access to the fanfiction forums.

The paid subscription plans are a way for me to get some financial support (because NS is costly to operate) and a way for the members to get more features and increased amounts of features. For an example, paid subscription members have increased personal message (PM) inbox, they can store more messages in their inbox than regular members.

As for which plan I'd recommend you to get depends on how much you can afford, and how much of the extra features you'd like. If you're just interested in having access to the fanfictions, you don't need any paid subscription plan.

letia84
19th February 2011, 19:01
Updating my silver account.

Julie
19th February 2011, 21:34
Updating my silver account.

Thanks Letia :D

FarrahLea
19th February 2011, 22:12
Just upgraded to a Silver account. I know how expensive these sites can be to operate and just want to show you my appreciation for all the hard work you do keeping the site going. :blinkkiss

lexie
19th February 2011, 22:21
Welcome to the Silver club! :) You see me in green, but I'm one of you. LOL

superag
15th June 2011, 23:53
Ok ok, I rejoined because it is still an awesome place. Maybe this year I'll actually have time to play on it.

Julie
16th June 2011, 08:01
Ok ok, I rejoined because it is still an awesome place. Maybe this year I'll actually have time to play on it.

Thank you! :)

slashything
17th July 2011, 06:15
I would like a paid subscription, but the payment page is an error page. Help?

ChloeLovesLex
17th July 2011, 07:57
Does this link help?

http://forums.naughty-seduction.net/payments.php

Julie
17th July 2011, 13:15
I would like a paid subscription, but the payment page is an error page. Help?

If the link ChloeLovesLex gave you above doesn't work, what page are you on that gives you an error, and what kind of error message do you see? If you still can't go through the process, let me know! :)

Silky1111
5th August 2011, 04:12
Hi.

I'm relatively new to the forum and just registered for a paid account. How long does it generally take for my status to switch from "lurker" as it is now (I didn't realize that there was a monthly posting requirement) to that of a paid member?

Thanks!

lexie
5th August 2011, 04:39
Hi.

I'm relatively new to the forum and just registered for a paid account. How long does it generally take for my status to switch from "lurker" as it is now (I didn't realize that there was a monthly posting requirement) to that of a paid member?

Thanks!

You've just delurked with this message. Your subscriber status should be immediate. Can you still see any ads?

Julie
5th August 2011, 08:18
Hi.

Thanks!

If you were the one who purchased a paid subscription and paid via e-check, you will be moved to the paid members group as soon as your check clears :)

~*~Tasha~*~
19th November 2011, 02:28
Although I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like ... I renewed a Gold Level Membership again for this year. Even if I don't have the time to do as much as I want, I want to do everything possible to support this wonderful site. It has given me many hours of enjoyment and some dear friends. Thanks for everything you all do.

~*~Tasha~*~

Julie
19th November 2011, 14:49
Although I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like ... I renewed a Gold Level Membership again for this year. Even if I don't have the time to do as much as I want, I want to do everything possible to support this wonderful site. It has given me many hours of enjoyment and some dear friends. Thanks for everything you all do.

~*~Tasha~*~

Thank you Tasha, that's very kind of you! :)

gammarhogirl
23rd November 2012, 15:52
Do all levels of paid accounts prevent lurker status? I seem to go in cycles of when I can actually have time to enjoy this site as I'd like..... If only the days had a few more hours in them. :)

lexie
23rd November 2012, 16:34
Do all levels of paid accounts prevent lurker status? I seem to go in cycles of when I can actually have time to enjoy this site as I'd like..... If only the days had a few more hours in them. :)

If you've got any paid subscription, you can stop worrying about becoming a lurker or an inactive member.

Ace9
25th November 2012, 05:31
I think I plan on becoming a paid subscriber... Going to apply in two weeks when I get my paycheck. I'm in the red now.

Julie
26th November 2012, 09:26

If you've got any paid subscription, you can stop worrying about becoming a lurker or an inactive member.

What lexie said is correct. If you get any of the paid subscriptions, you won't see any ads and don't have to worry about being put into the Lurker group :)

I think I plan on becoming a paid subscriber... Going to apply in two weeks when I get my paycheck. I'm in the red now.

Thank you for the support, I appreciate it! :)

truenesfaratu
28th November 2012, 07:16
So happy NS is back on and it seems like I have missed a few things

sjww
7th December 2012, 19:18
I didn't realise a paid account meant no more lurking, that's good to know..

skatiefan
19th December 2012, 09:05
Hi, just wanted to verify if the paid subscription amounts have changed. I am seriously thinking about doing this since lately it is hard to juggle when I should go on vs when I can. If I have asked this already, apologize in advance for my momentary memory loss.

Promise19
29th December 2012, 11:28
I didn't know that if you become a paid subscriber you don't have to worry about being a lurker. I tend to always fall into lurkdom lol.

Julie
7th January 2013, 12:54
Hi, just wanted to verify if the paid subscription amounts have changed. I am seriously thinking about doing this since lately it is hard to juggle when I should go on vs when I can. If I have asked this already, apologize in advance for my momentary memory loss.

So sorry for the very late reply, here are the current prices :)

The silver is: 3 USD per month, 20 USD per year
The gold: 5 USD per month, 50 USD per year.
The platinum: 8 USD per month, 80 USD per year.

I didn't know that if you become a paid subscriber you don't have to worry about being a lurker. I tend to always fall into lurkdom lol.

Yup! And it's a great way to support NS as well! :)

FarrahLea
15th February 2013, 19:15
Hey Julie,

Just renewed my silver membership again! I happy to support what you do here, and not have to worry about how often I'm able to get to the site. Keep up the great work!

Julie
19th February 2013, 10:15
Hey Julie,

Just renewed my silver membership again! I happy to support what you do here, and not have to worry about how often I'm able to get to the site. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for your continued support, I appreciate it! :)

malugargula
21st February 2013, 02:28
Yay!!! Just got a gold membership!!! I'm so happy to finally being able to help this wonderful place that me make so happy.

Julie
21st February 2013, 10:13
Yay!!! Just got a gold membership!!! I'm so happy to finally being able to help this wonderful place that me make so happy.

And thank *you* for helping out :D

gecko
19th March 2013, 16:34
im thinking of getting one of the paid subscriptions but i was wondering if there was another way to do it with out the paypal way because when i clinked onto the link that was the only option that was on there.

Julie
19th March 2013, 21:21
im thinking of getting one of the paid subscriptions but i was wondering if there was another way to do it with out the paypal way because when i clinked onto the link that was the only option that was on there.

Paypal is the easiest, and most secure option, because then your credit card information will be handled via them, and not me personally, and the forum system is based on payment through Paypal, so that when your payment goes through, the system will automatically upgrade your account.

Is there a problem going via Paypal?

gecko
23rd March 2013, 07:57
i don't use paypal at all, i'm not a personal fan of it thats all

klarybelle
27th March 2013, 01:20
Will paypal be the only form of payment or will there be something else set up at a later date?

FarrahLea
18th February 2014, 21:28
Renewed my silver subscription for another year. So glad that I can help with this great site, even if I don't get to visit very often.

malugargula
2nd June 2014, 02:00
Yay! Just renewed my gold membership for another year :)

malugargula
28th December 2016, 17:28
Another golden year to me lol
Love this place

angie284
8th October 2018, 21:53
I was trying to look at the differences in paid plans but for some reason when I click on it it gives me the "angie284 you do not have permission to access this page..." error?

lexie
9th October 2018, 03:15
I was trying to look at the differences in paid plans but for some reason when I click on it it gives me the "angie284 you do not have permission to access this page..." error?

I'll email Julie and get back to you once I have some news. Sorry for the inconvenience.

lexie
13th October 2018, 02:52

Julie thinks it was because you were stuck in the Lurker mode... She's moved you to another user group. See if it's working now. ;)